Speaker 1: Happy Monday. The good news about this is gonna be a short week. I mean pretty much everybody gets Thanksgiving off. Do you ever get sad when you feel talk to somebody who's like, well, what are you doing for Thanksgiving? Well? The family, so I'm gonna be alone with my cat, and I'm like, oh, that's just sad. Thanksgiving is one of those joyous holidays where you wake up and your mother is magically made Thanksgiving dinner up here while you lounge around in your pj's watching the Matesy's Thanksgiving dape raade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's so bad because you can't go in the kitchen have breakfast because she's like, no, she don't want you to mess up with whatever she's got going off for dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, breakfast on Thanksgiving you just.
Speaker 1: Start, I know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Though, you just starve all day. You're not allowed to have anything until dinner.
Speaker 1: No, it's true. And what time do you eat dinner? One percent of us eat dinner before lunchtime, so before noon. One percent of Thanksgiving dinners are four lunchtime.
Speaker 3: Ours is usually at like one pm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're like a one one thirty. I think we had this discussion last year because you guys.
Speaker 3: Are way later. Yeah, like yeah, five, see that is.
Speaker 4: That's like out of control in terms of like not eating before that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be getting angry real quick.
Speaker 1: I will say that. What was I gonna say? I was gonna say something Thanksgiving dinner? God, I don't know what it was.
Speaker 5: We're oh I had a stroke.
Speaker 3: Oh no, buddy, Now I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what it was.
Speaker 3: Are you guys cooking Thanksgiving dinner in Colorado?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 3: Because'sh you No, no.
Speaker 1: No, We're gonna go out to dinner somewhere. I know what it was going to say. The thing about thanks Even dinner is I love it. Everybody loves it. But you know, you work so hard and then you put everybody around the table and eighteen point two minutes later, everybody's full and it's all done. It's like all that work that starts at like seven o'clock in the morning, and all the things that you do or mom does or grandma does or whatever. You sit down and after a while there you are leaning back unbuckling your pants. It's like eighteen minutes later. That's a lot of work for eighteen minutes.
Speaker 4: It is there's a I don't know if it's from a Christmas vacation movie or where it's from, but at one point every single time every year, my cousin Michael has this fork that extends like very long.
Speaker 3: At whips it out.
Speaker 1: Like a telescoping for it, and it extends.
Speaker 4: Really long, and he starts grabbing things off of people's plate.
Speaker 1: That's a good bit.
Speaker 5: That is a good bit. I like that a lot, and it gets so funny we all laugh. It's a great bit, like hold on, what do you go over there?
Speaker 1: Oh? You're going, what's the noise again?
Speaker 3: That it makes sugar?
Speaker 1: All right. We got a lot of stuff going on the show, including a little update from the doctor we talked to on Friday. You might remember interesting follow up and sometimes we talk to somebody on the show who a juju doctor. Lauren is a doctor and then she is training to be like cardiology doctor. So she's doing I guess a fellowship of where you're like, not quite a cardiac surgeon yet, but you do it on the side, yeah, you're like yeah right, so uh. And then she was worried because she was going to work with somebody that I'm nicknamed doctor turd who has got a reputation for being the worst the word and a jerk and making people cry and scolding people. So I said, Lauren, after your weekend, and we sent her good juju. So I hope it worked out. I said, can we call you? And and she wants to tell us because here she is on the phone. Good morning, doctor Lauren.
Speaker 6: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: So how did it go with doctor turt over the weekend?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: It did not go well?
Speaker 3: Oh no? Yeah? Wow? What happened?
Speaker 6: So apparently I was too slow for him. I took too long to answer a question, and you know, he's breathing down my hat next the whole time, and I was shaking, and he basically told me to get my act together or get out in front of the entire cervical team.
Speaker 1: Oh so there's like eight other people in there. There's the anesthesiologist, there's the they get a DJ over in the corner.
Speaker 3: You could hear a it was so quiet, I assume. Wow, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: I mean I froze and I was like, well, I have a couple of choices here, but I just kind of, you know, sucked it up, kept going and got through it nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you did get through it, and so I think that was the right choice instead of like breaking down and going you're hurting my feelings. You said, you know, I got to I wonder if doctor Turd back in his day, if that was the standard that like, you know, when doctor Turd was thirty years old and doing his first heart surgery, if you know, doctor s Head was was breathing down his neck. Maybe that's just the way that they were trained and brought in. Maybe I am happy for you. I think I tell Carson this all the time. I said, he has bad experiences on tour, like losing luggage or the hotels aren't ready or whatever, and I'm like, every time something bad happens, you're learning, you're getting more experience. So now in fire five years, when the luggage is lost, you'd be like, oh, yeah, this happened back in Berlin, back in twenty twenty five. You know it's fine. We went down to the CVS and we bought you know, like tooth whatever. So maybe this will just be part of your road to experience and being this seasoned cardiac surgeon. Geez, where are you gonna which? Which lake are you going to live on? Prior Lake or Lake Minnetonka.
Speaker 6: But a great, great question.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get back to me because we want a house tour. Hey, doctor Lauren, thanks for being on. We appreciate you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye, very interesting, All right? Coming up, we do have wild tickets a little bit later on this morning, which are wild tickets that'll be at seven fifty, so that is a little ways away. We have a special guest on the show, Katie Cap. Katie CAP's got a new rule for guys that she won't date, and I want to see whether you agree with this. Coming up at a second. I know that Jenny, you agreed with this, didn't you.
Speaker 3: I do agree with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk to Katie Cap. The Misadventures of Katie Cap Dating Life coming up next on CAW.
Speaker 3: And Just Search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 1: We played Candy Land over the weekend. Would you ever have sea monkeys when you were a kid?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, sea monkeys are do you know what sea monkeys are? V?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: They're like kind of like snot in the water a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, so basically sea monkeys. The girls come over. They're three and they're five years old, so we bought candy Land and Alison had an old kurk Plunk game. So so I'm entertaining the girls who are three and five. They need constant entertainment. If you don't give them constant entertainment, they will literally walk up and say I need a hug, just to get attention. And then you got to give them a hug. So we got sea monkeys, which I got down to the toy store down in that chan happening and that's the one where you put these little eggs Brian shrimp eggs and water and then they hatch. Oh okay, and then they they grow and they swim around, and so they're like, yeah, they hatch instantly. So I put the eggs in there, stirred around. We wait about five or ten minutes. Do you see any in there? No, there's nothing in there. There's nothing in there. We looked in the next day too, nothing in there. And one of the pictures of Ava, she's got her face right up against the sea monkey tank trying to find little.
Speaker 3: Sea multi batch of sea monkeys.
Speaker 1: You know what, they'll probably hatch in the next couple of days. Sometimes I will let you know, Yeah, I want to know I will let you know. Yeah, so it's all part of our weekend in five photos. Go check them out. Jenny's had a lot of photos from Morocco, which was not a weekend. It was a week So go check thus out on Dave Ryanshow dot com or Dave Ryan Show on the gram. Is that you a girl on the phone?
Speaker 3: My GIRLI pop?
Speaker 1: You want to talk to her?
Speaker 3: Hi? Katie?
Speaker 5: Hey, Katie's one of my best friends forever. I've known her since seventh grade.
Speaker 1: That's a bigger star on the show than I am. Really, we mentioned Katie cap more on the show than they mentioned the Dave Ryan shot ou Katie Capp.
Speaker 3: I love her. My cat is named after her. I love her. That's committment.
Speaker 8: I'm ready to collect reviduals on my name mentioned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good luck, it's iHeart so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you inspired Darby's grouple. It'll be just fine. Katie had a philosophy about dating a certain kind of person. What kind of person did you eliminate from your dating pool? Katie?
Speaker 8: A man with roommates. It's a hard it's a hard no for me. And this came out from a conversation Bailey and I had were both going through dating and she mentioned this guy. She's like, I really like him. She has roommates. And I responded like, oh my god, no X, no move on and she was like, I'm okay with that, and I was.
Speaker 9: Like, I am not.
Speaker 8: So we entered this discussion between Bailey and I on our roommate's a deal breaker for me?
Speaker 1: Yes, Now is there an age? I mean, if he's like twenty two a guy, but you're not dating a twenty two year old. But if you're probably a Bailey's age, thirty thirty five is or so. So any guy older than you know, twenty eight or so with roommates not going to happen.
Speaker 8: Agreed, Yeah, I'm thirty four. I was like, I live with roommates in my early twenties, but I've been living independently for the last decades.
Speaker 1: And you know, you're getting older and you don't realize that this generation has a lot of trouble making ends meet. Yeah, it's not nineteen seventy five anymore, Katie, where you can work down at the Jiffy Loube and buy your own home and a cabin up north. So there's a lot of people who are struggling to make ends meet, but you're still ruling those men out completely.
Speaker 3: Okay, I wouldn't even say.
Speaker 8: I was like, I fully understand people are in situations where they do need their roommates. So I was like, I'm looking for a guy that's in the same stage and situation as I am. I understand it is financially and living independent. It's also like my thinking long term, when you get pretty far with a guy and you start spending more and more time together, like kicking the tires on, hey can we live together? Like this is us as a unit, and then there's like someone in the back seats the whole time where it's like someone else is there. It's not just us growing together.
Speaker 1: Oh I get that. Yeah, So when you go over to a guy's house and you want to watch TV and then you know, like make out or whatever, but there's this dopey roommate in the kitchen making a pizza. I get that. Is that part of the problem.
Speaker 8: And even if they're like people are like, oh they live in a separate part, it's just knowing that someone is also there.
Speaker 3: I get it. I get why you say that, because, yeah, you want privacy with your partner.
Speaker 2: It just sucks for even people that are in the same financial bracket or just a decent financial bracket like acceptable, but to help save money or to help get to where.
Speaker 3: You want them to be, they have roommates and you're ruling them out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So this is where so Katie and I disagreed on this because I don't think roommates are that big of a deal to me. Like if my roommate that I had, Danielle shout at her if I if she like didn't leave because she ended up getting a really big job, got a ton of money. She's like, I'm buying a condo if she didn't have that happen, and I would still be living with her. Because it's like having you know, dual income, no kids, Like that's okay when you're coupled up, but not when you're with a roommate. So like I still want dual income, no kids and have to only pay yeah, you know, six hundred dollars a month versus twelve hundred dollars a month, that would be great. And so that's why my roommates don't really bother me. Like I still think I can be at the same part of my like journey without having roommates, like factor into it, like.
Speaker 1: Where at what age does a roommate become a turn off? In other words, if he's thirty five, you'r a, he's got a roommate, You're okay with it. If he's forty five and has roommate, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: It doesn't bother me because like I even went on a date with somebody else who was forty one and he had not a roommate. They're like housemates, so they live in the same house, but not in the same like apartment.
Speaker 1: What live with his mama?
Speaker 5: That's weird, I think. See that's a that's a roommate. That's not your roommate, that's your mom. You're living with your mom.
Speaker 3: But what if he's doing again for financial reasons?
Speaker 5: But like I live, then if that's the case, I'd say live with a roommate or a housemate, because then you two are on your own like independent journeys, living in the same place and sharing finances versus living with your mom who's probably paying for everything and helping you out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, quick text message, Katie, somebody wants to know. Does it still apply if the guy owns the house and has two friends living with him, So he owns the house. He is just kind of sharing expenses with a couple of friends, helping them out.
Speaker 8: Even no, no, because it's like, why did you buy a house knowing that you can't afford that house?
Speaker 1: Oh that's not What if he didn't buy it for that reason.
Speaker 2: What if he's just effidentally he has the money, he bought the house, he's trying to help his friends out.
Speaker 1: Is he or his friends helping him out?
Speaker 3: Now he owns the house. Now let's he has the money.
Speaker 1: Let's get Jenny. Jenny, you agree with who Bailey who says a roommate at thirty five is fine, or Katie who says a roommate at thirty five is a deal breaker.
Speaker 3: I agree with Katie.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely on the side of I would not date someone who has a roommate at this point in my life.
Speaker 3: It's just you, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've been living on my own since I was twenty seven, and I just think that, like, I've done everything that I can to be financially stable on my own, to be able to have my own place, So it would be a deal breaker for me if they had a roommate. And I'm all about being frugal and stuff, but I think there's certain stages in life that like, if you're not at that stage where I'm at at thirty five, then like we probably won't mesh so well in the relationship.
Speaker 1: That totally makes sense. Yeah, so how's that worked out for you, Katie?
Speaker 8: I got ghosted last week? So why you know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what Katie cap looks like, but you're so funny and you're so charming. I would think that you would have the bet the boys or whatever you're into dating swore beating down your door, lining up outside because you're funny. Yeah, and that's I think that's a bit and you're smart. You got your own place.
Speaker 3: She's got a PhD.
Speaker 1: Baby sit, you had a diet d and doctor and what.
Speaker 8: Oh weh cric but.
Speaker 1: Instruction. Okay, don't invalidate it. Yeah, you have a girl, No, I get it. But I mean, you're not a real doctor if you don't have a stethoscope around your neck. I'm just trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: She has one, she might you know.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, so you got you got ghosted?
Speaker 5: Why what?
Speaker 8: Oh? On? That one's slowly a mystery because I've into like Bailey and I bounce each other ideas of each other. And boy got her a gift, like a sweet little gift on their date until this man said he really loves like nothing frontcakes and he had a really stressful week for work, and I got him one, and then we talked for two days and I have not heard from himself after you bought him a nothing bunt cakes.
Speaker 3: She got him a bunt cake and.
Speaker 10: He's now he's just ghosted her, ghosted, left on red, left on red.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got some text messages that do agree with Katie and some that don't.
Speaker 1: Well, Katie says that she won't date anybody her age thirty five who has a roommate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this one says, I love that Katie has a strong boundary. Someone else says it's more a maturity thing at thirty five in my opinion, And someone else says one roommate is fine.
Speaker 3: Four roommates is a red flag.
Speaker 2: I just think you can't rule out every single guy that has a roommate just because you don't know what the circumstances are. What if up until let's just say, two years ago, they didn't have roommates, right, they were in a situation where you know, Jenny said she lived on her own since she was twenty seven. I've lived on my own since I was twenty one. But something happens in life where they have to have roommates, you know.
Speaker 4: Though they're probably not the same like financial status that Katie is looking for.
Speaker 3: And I think that that's fine to have to each his own.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying you can't put that stigma on every single guy.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, there's it's definitely circumstantial. I think that definitely, Like you might own a house and suddenly, okay, for instance, you want to buy another house, so you're like, you know what, I'm going to get some roommates coming in so that I have this extra income coming in so I can buy another house or whatever it might be. I understand that there's like circumstances.
Speaker 3: Other but other house two houses.
Speaker 4: Some people do buy two houses for investment property purposes. But I don't know, I think it is circumstantial. But I do think that Katie having that standard is just like I think it's fair for Katie to.
Speaker 1: Be like at that point, I think I absolutely agree. Nobody asked me, but I agree. But I think you got to have certain standards. But if you get to be too ridiculous, like Okay, well he can't have any facial hair, and he's got to have the rice size ears, and he certainly cannot drive a red car because you know that type of thing important. You're not being ridiculous. Sorry about the bunt cake guy that hurts that, that hurts hard, you know, And.
Speaker 8: Now it's kind of turn his bunt cakes for me. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: No, don't do that. They're so good. Nos are so good. Mall of America.
Speaker 1: The Dating Adventures of Katie cap Thank you, Katie, Yes, thank you. If something else goes on with her, you got to let us have one on one point three k d w B Wicked for Good Open Bigger than Wicked Part one And here's a little clip of the of the movie. No what one hundred and fifty million dollars in opening weekends?
Speaker 6: Can I tell you?
Speaker 2: I watched the Ariana Grande Sweetener World Tour, so maybe five years ago over the weekend. It's so interesting to see how different of a celebrity she is. Five A little maybe a little more than five years ago compared to now. She doesn't seem as forgive me for saying this, corrupted by the industry, you know, she just seems a little bit normal, like still the prissy ariana grande that we know, but not as like airheadish, I think, And I think she took on that persona of Glinda since she's been doing this movie like this whole.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, Helicopter I saw that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, And I feel like she used to be a little bit more normal.
Speaker 4: That was an old clip of her, the Helicopter one that you sent That was from like over a year ago.
Speaker 3: But like ago, I do think that you are right in the fact that she does act like her character. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she just like embodied it completely and it's just a bit strange, not a bit very strange to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, this is a story that I betched Dave won't care about, but I'm gonna still cover it. The latest piece of jewelry for Cardi b is her newborn's umbilical cord shaped into heart and dipped into gold chrome.
Speaker 3: That's correct for.
Speaker 4: This baby that she just had with Steffan digs. They harvested the cord, looped it through a wire template in the shape of a heart, and dehydrated it before dipping it in gold chrome, and the resulting pendant is the size of.
Speaker 3: A human hand.
Speaker 1: What it's like to have money.
Speaker 3: I guess she ate the.
Speaker 4: Umbilical cord for baby number three in the form of capsules. So that's a little different than the last child that she she ate the umbilical cord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, that's gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it says that they were put into a form of capsules, so I don't know what that means, like a little like strawberry fla bring.
Speaker 3: In and submit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still gross.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I like delicious. I agree with that one.
Speaker 5: Why you can earn twenty five hundred dollars by watching holiday movies this year? There's a website called cabletv dot com and they want to pay someone twenty five hundred dollars to watch twenty five holiday.
Speaker 3: Movies in twenty five days.
Speaker 5: So also in addition to that cash prize, this year's lucky applicant also gets another twenty five hundred dollars to donate to the charity of his or her choice and.
Speaker 3: They will be named the Chief of Cheer.
Speaker 1: I could do it.
Speaker 3: I would do it. I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not necessarily yeah a big holiday movie fan necessarily, but I could turn.
Speaker 1: Into one miss being a holiday movies. I tried to watch Holiday touchdown of Bill's Love Story last night. Yeah, we're like, oh, well there's a good one. It's on the Hallmark channel. Well, it is on the Hallmark Channel, but it's only scheduled. If you go to Hallmark Plus then you can stream it. And I was not going to pay seven to ninety nine a month for Hallmark Plus.
Speaker 3: You seem like the kind of person who would have TVO though, don't you have TVO?
Speaker 1: No, No, we get a DV?
Speaker 3: Are They just then recorded instead of watching it last.
Speaker 1: It's funny that I didn't even think about that one. I don't know why I didn't think of it. You seem like a DVR, I know, and I kind of am. Also over the weekend, in showbiz, Miss Mexico won the Miss Universe pageant. That was the one who was disrespected when the like the manager called her a dummy. Here's a little clip.
Speaker 3: Mexico Mexico as a woman. I mean, I'm glad you won. It feels like justice.
Speaker 1: I mean sure, I don't know. Called the dummy the whole that pageant just sounds really corrupt and awful and just really no interest in watching.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 5: Also had just a lot of a lot of headlines over the last few weeks for that one missed Universe, and I've never heard of it until this year.
Speaker 1: Really exactly right, yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: Eddie Murphy has revealed three movies that he wishes he had joined.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of movies, Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to do Ghostbusters and didn't do that in a rush? How yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: And who framed Roger Rabbit? Those those are my big three.
Speaker 5: I think when we learn about like movies that other people were meant to do and then they didn't sign up for it, how different that movie would have been?
Speaker 3: Like what who was he going to be? And who framed Roger Rabbit? The lead guy?
Speaker 1: I think maybe the lead guy he is.
Speaker 3: I can't picture anyone else other than that guy who played him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's totally true. It's kind of like, you know, you watch a movie like Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future. He was not the original star cast it was some guy that you've heard of. Yeah, and uh and Michael J. You can't picture anybody but Michael J. Fox and Brown.
Speaker 3: That's who's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Is that's they were meant to play those roles. That is the dirt. It's brought to you by six Yet two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. While tickets for you coming up in about another ten or fifteen minutes or so on KATIEWB. Always love hearing, like, like, what's going on in your life? Is there something going on in your life that you want to run by us that you would wonder? Am I the jerk in this situation? We're talking to somebody today, Sloan, who is got kind of she's excited about something that most of us would kind of dread. Sloan, you're on the radio live on KATIEWB. Tell us what you're doing today that most of us would dread, but you're kind of a little tingly excited about it. What's up, Sloan?
Speaker 10: Hey guys, Yeah, So I actually have to fire somebody today.
Speaker 1: And most people would be like, oh go on, I hate firing people. It's awful, it upsets their life. It's right before Thanksgiving, So tell me more about things.
Speaker 10: In like a normal situation, maybe I would feel bad about it, but I actually am feeling pretty excited about it because I don't get along with this person at all. They take credit for all of my work at work, which is super annoying. They're not super nice. They're kind of mean to people and to me. If you're not really in like their little clique of friends, they're just not very nice to you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the worst there are click There are clicks of friends in so many workplaces, and if you're not in that click of friends, be good luck to Yeah, okay, exactly.
Speaker 10: So I'm just kind of looking forward to not having to deal with them anymore. And yeah, so I think this is a good thing. I don't know if it makes me a bad person, but I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: But you're going to be excited when this guy is g O in inn e gone from the workplace.
Speaker 10: It's actually interesting that you're assuming it's a guy, but it is a it's a woman.
Speaker 1: Actually, Oh was I weird? You assume it's a guy, don't. I don't know why I assumed it's a guy. Maybe that's I don't know. It's a woman who is backstabby, gossip, takes credit for your work and is in a click.
Speaker 5: It takes credit for your work. I don't know very many women who tried taking credit for my work, but I.
Speaker 1: Guess they've all been fired. So did anybody else? If you're listening to the show, did you assume it was a guy or did you not make an assumption? Bailey? Did you make an assumption?
Speaker 3: Well, when they said take credit for work, I thought, well, that sounds like a man.
Speaker 1: But I did too.
Speaker 3: Don't laugh at me. Von Day thought so too.
Speaker 1: What did you think?
Speaker 3: I just thought they were corrupt. I didn't think guy.
Speaker 1: Girl was just like a this is a bad person, Jenny.
Speaker 3: I was pretty neutral too. I wasn't sure if it was a guy or a girl.
Speaker 2: I was more focused on the fact that she was excited to do it, like you are fired?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: What think about that? I let's be honest. I hope you don't have to fire anybody if you listen, But if you have, I'll bet there are people listening who have been taking a certain delight in firing a problem person. I've only had to fire a couple of people, and they both deserve it. They strongly deserved it. But we've all taken some delight in finding out that somebody was fired. It's like, oh, there was somebody who worked here at the I don't give too much, but nobody understood why they were here. And when they got fired, everybody's like, yeah, they were just like a waste of money. Oh yeah, and the sky is blue and this is just a regular, regular day.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how do you do it? You bring this person in, you say, I've got some bad dude. When people come into you, do they know that it's bad news? I mean, I don't want to get too much. You know, like if you're in HR or whatever, but when people get called into your office, do they know it's going to be bad news?
Speaker 10: I think in this case, it's going to be clear that is bad news.
Speaker 3: Call this person into your office anyways? So yeah, like, hey, do you want to come a chat with me for a minute. I'd be like, why, why do you want to chat? Yeah?
Speaker 10: That's why it'll be clear.
Speaker 1: Well have fun, have fun and enjoy it. You'll be like, who's the guy mister Burns on the Simpsons his fingerships tapping it together? Like well it looks like today is your last day? Can I tell you? There was a radio guy and the legendary he's a legendary radio guy, and he was going to fire somebody. So he brings this guy in and he takes a picture of him, takes a picture. He shows it to him. He's like, what do you think that picture and the guy sitting cross from his desk. He's like, well, I mean it's it's fine. He goes, I'm going to send that to you because that is a picture of your last day here at the radio station.
Speaker 3: Is see that seems mean spirited.
Speaker 1: That's the way this guy was a sue for that.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's emotional trauma that happened.
Speaker 1: Back in the nineties. So for anything he has slowan good luck and I think that there are people who sympathize with you when you get to fire somebody. Yeah, thank you, sloan, good luck text messages. I thought it was a woman right away by her tone. Somebody else says, I owned one hundred percent thought a woman. I knew it was a girl when she said the click thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a time or boys and clicks or they just like.
Speaker 1: You know, they totally are dude, Yeah, they totally can be. Yeah, yeah, I think so. All right, thank you. Something weird happens in your life, We would love to hear from you. Wild tickets for you coming at In his second on Kdwub, Jenny's got back from the trip of a lifetime. I'll never go to Morocco. I might go to Disney World look in or New York City. Morocco not on my bingo card. So how was Morocco?
Speaker 3: It was great. I mean, it's a beautiful country.
Speaker 4: It has like so many different landscapes, mountains, you know, coastal cities, all that good stuff. And I do want to talk about like some of the fun things, but I also want to tell you guys some of the mishaps that happened along the way, because there were a few sketchy situations that I got put in because I'm an idiot. First off, I lost my past at one point, no yep, I was at this one touristy garden thing and I had pulled some things out of my purse, including my passport, when I was sitting down to get a lipstick out, and I somehow left my passport sitting there, and so I'm meandering around taking photos pictures when this woman frantically comes up to me in a different language, but I could understand.
Speaker 3: She was saying passport, and then she's like, did you lose it?
Speaker 9: And I was like, what.
Speaker 3: Did my person go?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, it's not in here. She's like, okay, go to the front. And so I lost my passport for like I don't know, thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: I got it back.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't have known had that woman not like come up to me. I mean, thankfully you're the one tall blonde woman. Yeah, I did stand out a little bit.
Speaker 3: And then I genuinely thought I was like getting detained at an airport. At one point. I didn't know what was going on because in.
Speaker 4: The northern part of the country they spoke English pretty much in like the main cities, but in the northern part I was in one city where they more so spoke Arabic out Arabic language or Spanish, and so they're trying to like tell me I get through to go in this little small airport, and I would just like want to go to the next point where you're sitting down waiting for the plane. You know, I already did the check in part and They're like, you're going to Marrakesh and I go yeah. They're like Marrakesh. I go yeah, And then they like start passing my passport around to like three different police officers, you know, and I'm like, what's happening.
Speaker 3: Then the one guy's like come with me, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, okay.
Speaker 3: They're like holding up the picture making sure it's you and let me tell you dress.
Speaker 4: Because I had downloaded this app called in drive, which is like their version of Uber, but then I found out that it's illegal there it's not yes, And so I was trying to get a ride to the airport that day through in drive and my driver goes, hey, I've had a few friends pulled over today and now they got their license revoked. Like, don't do in drive today because the cops are out looking for in drive drivers.
Speaker 3: Why is that illegal?
Speaker 4: Because it takes away from the taxi system they have there and stuff, So taxi driver are.
Speaker 3: Like reporting the drive drivers.
Speaker 4: So I'm sitting there, I was like, am I getting in trouble because I downloaded that app? And but really the reality was I was way too early to that flight and that airport was so small that they didn't want to let me through the park to sit. But I couldn't understand what they were saying because they were they most of them didn't really know English.
Speaker 1: Why you like go out here?
Speaker 4: And and they said wait, wait for four and they kept saying wait for four, so I thought they said meant like, wait for four minutes. And I was like, then, what what happens after four minutes? They were mean and like, wait until four pm to come into this part?
Speaker 3: So I'm mad.
Speaker 9: Did I start getting some anxcitety Jenny's stomach is going, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: But outside of that, the trip was really really amazing. I meant a lot.
Speaker 4: I met a lot of really friendly people. I met this one mother daughter duo. Their names were Peggy and Tiffany. They were celebrating Tiffany's thirtieth birthday. Peggy lives in Miami, Tiffany lives in London now. And Peggy was a hoot because she was like, yeah, I made some friends on the airplane. Airplane, I took an edible and I was like, what you took an edible? I was like, so someone was bringing edibles into Morocco.
Speaker 1: Probably not a good idea. They take drugs really there.
Speaker 4: And then Tiffany's like, yeah, that's just my mom for you. It's like, anyways, I'm friends with them, not on Instagram.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 4: I did get kissed by one man when he was trying to sell me earrings on the lips, oh my god, on the cheek. He was like you happy, I'm happy. I'm happy you happy, and I was like, I'm not really that happy, because honestly, you're kind of forcing me to buy these ear rings right now.
Speaker 3: No, it was a slip and some tongue. This was a little bit of an older man that I would never allowed to touch me.
Speaker 10: No, not.
Speaker 3: Even like that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Morocco is a great country. I think it's I mean, if you're interested in going, I think you should go. It's a beautiful country and the people there are very very friendly. They're like they treat you like family.
Speaker 1: So it was a wow, did you stumble upon Morocco? I mean, of all the places in the world, Like.
Speaker 4: Because I'm cheap, And I got an email because I subscribed to this one like frugal like flight service thing and it was like Morocco for this many delta points and it equated to about three hundred dollars total, and I was like, I had.
Speaker 3: Some vacation to use.
Speaker 4: By the end of the year, I was planning on doing a van trip, and honestly, this trip probably cost equivalent to if I would have done a van.
Speaker 1: Trip with the gas and everything.
Speaker 3: With the gas and everything.
Speaker 4: So I ended up going there, and I've had some friends go there where I was like, oh, that looks really cool. It never was on the top of my list, but I just feel like I like to travel frugally, and Morocco is a very affordable country to go to. Like the places I stayed at were under one hundred dollars a night, you know, and they were.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, regular accommodations like I mean, not sound like a dumb American, but like toilet, sink, comfortable bed, no bed bugs, everything.
Speaker 4: You definitely like, there's a there's definitely a big difference between spending fifty dollars a night at a read versus like one hundred dollars at a night a hotel. Yeah, it's like, oh, it's basically like a big Moroccan house that has like a courtyard of the meadow.
Speaker 3: But that's what most people say at But no, it was all fine. It was nice.
Speaker 4: I mean one of the reads was kind of the room itself was kind of like it didn't have a lot of character, but the rest of the house had a lot of characters. So I don't know, it's just it's a very different culture. I've never been somewhere that has palaces and had sultans at one point, so it's just really fun to learn about that kind of history.
Speaker 3: They do have it done. I did hear.
Speaker 4: I did hear when I post one of the photos that they're like, this looks exactly like I was like, well, I'll be honest, I've never been to the Morocco.
Speaker 10: It was it was.
Speaker 4: Not you as someone else, but but yeah, it was a really fun country and I had a great time. You're not really It's obviously a Muslim country, so drinking is not.
Speaker 1: The toilet's the same over there, because that's the dumb cut could because in some countries toilets don't look like our toilets here. Look they're the same.
Speaker 4: I got real hyped when I saw one of my reads had a little hose next to the door, their version of a da no no, it's.
Speaker 3: To clean your bee.
Speaker 4: So I got really excited when I saw that, But yeah, it is it is it like, I mean that one thing I'm going to be honest about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think Moroccan foods my thing. It's my thing for.
Speaker 1: No, it's I'm not trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: Okay. I will say that I tried camel burger, which I did my research. Yes, I did my research.
Speaker 4: I had a time to make sure that that was like an ethically type of thing whatever, and it is. It's like it's kind of like eating burgers here, like camels are kind of like how beef is here for us?
Speaker 3: What did it taste like? Honestly, it wasn't anything special. It was pretty. It was kind of bland. Honestly, I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I don't recommend it.
Speaker 4: No, I would say try it, but I wouldn't say it was like phenomenal. It wasn't like a parlor burger.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get right. I couldn't get past the idea that to meet the camel. It's not like, yeah, I don't really think about it anything. Yeah, I get it. Yeah, I would do it. Yeah, but I I would still be like, that's a camel.
Speaker 4: But their main dish that most people get is called tajene, which is it's called that because of the dish.
Speaker 3: The actual dish that they make it in is very unique.
Speaker 4: If you saw the dish, you would like probably be able to associate that with Morocco. But it's all like, I don't know, it's like beef and prunes and like it was really good. Yeah, but I liked it one time and then I had it another time in the trip and I was like over it.
Speaker 3: I would assume it's like super rich and like very different.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It was a hard country to be in based off of me and tummy issues and my healthiness, because there was like you're not supposed to eat the fruit there that doesn't have peels on it.
Speaker 3: You don't drink the water. You need to get bottled water and stuff.
Speaker 4: So I definitely was in the airport dying yesterday morning before my ten hour flight was about to take off.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 9: So I did.
Speaker 3: I only had tummy issues the last like morning I was jetting out to come.
Speaker 4: Back to America. But yeah, the food was probably the one thing I kind of was like over.
Speaker 1: With another American question. Dam McDonald's burger Kinge.
Speaker 3: They did they did, and actually at the train station they had caribou.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, what, I'll be honest, things though there are not like the American version, because I did get a Starbucks drink and it was all very good. And then I got a martini at one place too, and it was so bad.
Speaker 3: It was not a martini. I did not know what they put in it.
Speaker 1: Like I could tell her to be careful with alcohol in some countries, yeah, because they don't. It's there's not the same regulations.
Speaker 10: I will.
Speaker 4: I try to be respectful obviously of the culture because they don't drink. Muslim people don't drink, and so it's like I didn't really drink. Besides, I had some wine at a few places. But then the one place I got a cocktail was like a place that was really bougie in this nice hotel that I wanted to see, and so I was like, I'm going to just treat myself to a cocktail here. But that was a bad choice. I should have just not gottene any alcohol. So yeah, it was super fun and a lot of people were texting if I was alone. Yes, I was alone. It was just me and my tripod, which is how I got all my photo So many people are like, are you really alone?
Speaker 3: And I know I'm real, I'm literally.
Speaker 1: Last did she go with something?
Speaker 3: Oh see, I thought you just asked strangers to take your photos.
Speaker 4: No, strangers offered to take my photos and I was like, no, I don't want your photos.
Speaker 3: I have my tripod.
Speaker 4: Like I'm telling you the one time that like a few people took photos of me, because these Asian tourists came up to me at this one like sunset spot and they're like, we have a bunch of photo. Well they spoke no English, so they're just kind of pointing and like showing that they had a bunch of photos with my hair in it. So then they're like they're telling me to stand in this one spot and started taking more photos of me, and I was like okay, cool. And then I was like, well, let me get a photo with you all because this is hilarious to me that you're taking photos of me. And then I did have another man also come up to me and asked to do a photoshoot of me when I was in like the Blue City, because that was like so that whole city is like an Instagram like dream, but beautiful in itself, and he was like, I've been waiting for someone with a yellow Like I'm a photographer, can I take photos? I'm gonna be honest. I hated the photos he took, he said to me, and I was like, Nope, my Priva did better. It's always hit or miss right, like he has like a big following on Instagram, oh and everything, but it's just.
Speaker 3: Not my vibe of fout your bad side right.
Speaker 4: Yes, bad side, bad lighting, like all of the things.
Speaker 5: No, this is not it for me.
Speaker 9: But I appreciate you. Like I tried to collab with me on a post, I'm like, absolutely, I'm sorry, can I read? I just you posted this, Jenny, and I love this about you. You said in your thirties, there will be a really good flight deal to a different country. It's very important that you book it, even if you have to go alone.
Speaker 2: I Envy's not the word, but I just love that about you because the three of us when you told us you booked the flight, we were just like what why Morocco?
Speaker 3: Why alone? Like all these things, but you wasted no time just being like f it, I'm going to go.
Speaker 4: I'm not and I'm not going to sit and pretend like I was a nervous or scared.
Speaker 3: I definitely was.
Speaker 4: I've only traveled by myself in my van before and I've got and the first time I ever did that.
Speaker 3: I was also nervous and scared, and now I'm so used to that.
Speaker 4: And I just think that there's so many things that you're scared to do in your life and you'll never know until you do it. So like not to make this a big inspirational moment, but I genuinely feel like that trip taught me so much. And like I think that the things that you see and hear online you can't always trust. You have to like experience certain things on your own. Obviously, there's plenty of countries you definitely should not go to that are not safe. I'm not saying that there's places that are yeah, well that's actually it's just so you got to be bundled up there so you don't like die from hypothermia. But I just think that there's like a misconception of a lot of places.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 4: And like I've never felt more welcomed, Like I felt so welcomed, and I hear like you go in no shade about going to France. I think that France is beautiful, but I hear that people in Paris are assholes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well sorry, drop that all right, I'll cut that out. But we went to France and the touristy people are not at all. It's when you wander into some of the neighborhoods. Let's say you're on the Las Vegas trip. Everybody is friendly, but you under down a side street and then people are like, what are you doing here? Not in Vegas. But that's the comparison in France, because we were there in a long time ago, and everybody was so friendly. They speak American, They're so happy to see you because that's the industry they're in. But you wander down to what's a French guy's name, Pierre, Pierre, Pierre's tavern. Yeah, Peter's Tavern, which is two blocks off the beaten path. Pierre is pissed that you're there. What do you want?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: I get it if you lived in like a imagine Chan hasen suddenly like became a tourist spot, which sort of is because I mean, they're Paisley Park, but like all of a sudden, you have all these people walking through your neighborhood constantly taking photos. I would understand like being annoyed with that, Like I totally get that, but I don't know. Moroccan people were very welcoming and they treat you like family.
Speaker 3: They take care of you.
Speaker 4: They did extra things for me that like I didn't even ask for, to help me out and stuff throughout the trip. And they have caribou they do, and they do have McDonald's.
Speaker 3: If you're really feeling like you need some homes, did you feel extra beautiful when you were there?
Speaker 5: Because all I know is for that the Epcot Morocco Pavilion, that all of the people who work there are super like flirty and nice.
Speaker 3: This is what they do to like women.
Speaker 4: I think in general they call everyone Shakira, so like Shakira Shakira and then they'll be nice nice.
Speaker 3: And I got this line a.
Speaker 4: Couple of times, so like you drop something and like, to me, I was always like on edge of if I was gonna get scammed, be sure, there are like some scams that happen, but even here, yeah yeah, And so I'm like, no, I didn't, I'm good And then they're like you're crown and I was like, oh, shut.
Speaker 3: But like I can't you dropped your crown, right, I'm trying to think because I took notes of like some other things that they said, Shakira, like why just because I don't know, But they do.
Speaker 4: It everywhere because then my Instagram feeds started getting like feeding me other things from other countries, and they do that in Egypt a lot too, Like Shakira, it's not just because I'm like blonde or whatever, and a lot of people thought I was Russian too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can see it. Yeah, put in a little fur half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I would always just get nice nice every time I walk, try nice, How are you nice? And then they always say sorry. When I'm like no, thank you, They're like sorry, sorry, and I keep walking.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm gonna start doing that too. Then you walk and I don't care nice.
Speaker 1: Well, she gets that when she walks.
Speaker 5: It