Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome in Tubo Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck your official Dodgers pregame show on this Friday afternoon, May the twenty second, leading you into Memorial Day weekend as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers thirty one and nineteen on this season, sitting atop the NL West. After a sweep of the Angels at Anaheim last weekend, the Dodgers went to San Diego and took two or three from the Padres, and now the Dodgers, with a one and a half game lead in the NL West, head to Milwaukee for a three game weekend series against the Brewers. Justin Robleski gets the ball in the series opener, first pitch coming up at four forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on the ways Dodgers team's playing on this road trip and look ahead to this three game series. We'll preview this great pitching matchup. David Vassy will join us throughout the hour. He's gonna double up with a couple of Dodger relievers and Will Klein and Kyle Hurt that's coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA, we'll stop buying. In just a few minutes, we head out to the gallpin Ford broadcast booth and check in with Tim Nevertt and James Loney, who is with us this weekend in place of Rick Monday, who is in Cooperstown in New York for a great celebration. Well, the Dodgers were last in action on Wednesday night in San Diego. It was all about show hey Otani getting the start. He went five innings, no runs, three hits, four strikeouts, and in the top of the first inning, on the very first pitch of the game from Randy Vesquez, he went deep for his eighth solo home run of the year, his twenty first.
Speaker 6: Leadoff home run as a Dodger.
Speaker 5: Tita went with Jock Peterson for third all time Dodgers a one to nothing lead, and then the top of the second more damage to Oscar Hernandez, a sack fly scoring Max Bunzi, and the Dodgers were up two to nothing. Well show Hey Otani went the five innings, got more run support in the top of the fifth inning thanks to Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 7: Tucker this year batting below two forty with runners in scoring position at ops barely above six hundred Peralta's payoff, Tucker with a base hit in the right field Old Tani scores Freeman going from first to third. The throw is off the mark at RBI knock for Tucker to make it three to nothing. La Kyle Tucker the RBI single after Wandy Praulza tried to go inside a sneak a fastball by Tucker.
Speaker 5: He goes to right field with it. RBI number twenty four Dodgers with a three to nothing lead. They led three to nothing all the way to the ninth when ta Oscar Hernandez provided some insurance.
Speaker 7: The two two Hernandez lifts a high five all a deep cliff field it's out of here.
Speaker 2: End of the second deck over the scoreboard for Teoscar Hernandez his sixth home run of the season. An insurance shot in the ninth to make it four nothing la.
Speaker 5: Teoscar Hernandez with an absolute missile to left field second deck at Petco Park, his sixth home run of the season, Dodgers a four nothing lead. They go on and win by that same final score as Showy Otani with five shot out Indians helped buy some defense behind him, lowers Era to zero point seventy three. He had a great outing on the mound, turned it over to the bullpen, who continues to put up zero and Gardo Enriquez, Blake Trin and Kyle Hurt will climb all put up zeros as the Dodgers' bullpen now twenty nine consecutive scoreless innings, the longest streak since nineteen eighty eight. With the shutout win, it's their sixth of the year. They're third. In their last eight games, they take two or three at Petco Park. With the four to ninheing win, they now have a one and a half game lead in the division going into play this weekend against the Brewers, and Tonight the series opener with Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch at four forty and with more we head out to the Gap and Ford Broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverett and James Loney.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 8: The roof will be closed here in Milwaukee, not raining or anything, just temperatures going to dip below sixty degrees, and that's the rule here at American Family Field. Anything under sixty they closed the roof for the comfort of the fans, So it'll be indoor baseball tonight in Milwaukee, left hander Justin Robleski at six and one, will take on Logan Henderson, a right hander who's one and one who spent some time in Triple A this year and recently join the rotation out of the bullpen for the Brewers. The Brewers have been playing great baseball and have now taken the lead in the National League Central Division after a weekend sweep over the Cubs, and there are four wins ahead of their pace from last year. They are twenty nine and eighteen, a game and a half up over Chicago.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Meantime, after taking two of three from the Padres thirty one and nineteen, a game and a half up in the National League West. The Dodgers have won five of six on this current road trip, and in this battle of teams that are in first place in their respective divisions, should be a good one tonight. Filling in for Rick Monday is James Loney, former Dodger, is with us here in Milwaukee. And James, again, you look this matchup on paper, and I think the TV networks and so on and so forth today we're previewing this as these series to watch this weekend in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think so, just because you know the Milwaukee Brewers, you never know what you're gonna get. They get a lot of big hits and situations. They've made some really great pitches on us. You know, last year took all the games from us. So really looking forward to this series and how it shakes out, because I think it's gonna be a tight series.
Speaker 8: One guy, we won't see play tonight unless it's in a pinch hitting role. Late is Will Smith. Dave Roberts insist that it's nothing physical. They're just looking at him and is it bats in recent days, saying he's grinding it out. They're going to give him the night off. Dalton Rushing is going to catch two of three in this series.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, you got to get Dalton in there. You know, the way he's started out, the way he drives the ball, he has great at bats, he has a great eye, and with Bill Smith being a catcher, you know, anytime you get him off his off his legs, you want to do that. You heard Dave talk about Will's not having you know, the I was productive at bats the last few weeks. You know, gives them time to work on a swing, gives them time to go down in the cage.
Speaker 10: And I really.
Speaker 9: Feel like Dalton is the bright spot here because he's a guy that when he sees pitches, he feels confident. When you're a young guy on the bench, it's hard to have that confidence all the time. So when he gets those at bats like tonight in the third game here, it's just gonna benefit of moving forward.
Speaker 8: And Dave saying that he expects Will to catch three games in a row, and we get back to Dodger Stadium a little bit later on this after this trip, I should say, but the Brewers again have won three straight. They played great baseball lately. One thing that they do is not give up very many home runs. One thing that they don't do is hit a lot of home runs. They have allowed the fewest homers in Major League Baseball at thirty five, so that's a testament to the pitching staff. But as far as the offense goes, they have hit the fewest home runs in Major League Baseball at thirty three. The Dodgers with the fourth most of the majors sixty six home runs, exactly double what the Brewers have hit. Logan Henderson, the right hander of the start for Milwaukee against the lefty Justin Robleski. Brewers and Dodgers. A rematch of last year's National League Championship Series coming up from American Family Field.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you, guys, were off and running here on Morago Causino, Dodgers on DAK coming up. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Robers. We'll check in with David veaz say. Of course, as we're counting it down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game day meil on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos right now at Shakys dot com. Up next, we're gonna visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA and get you your Otani rewand from Wednesday nights and win over the Padres. That's all coming up as we lead you up to the Dodgers and the Brewers from Milwauk.
Speaker 6: You first pitch at four forty. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kasin's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for LA. Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Hits the Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday afternoon. Coming out, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Robertson just a little bit justin Robleski logan hinders of the bitching matchup in this series opener.
Speaker 6: First pitch from Milwaukee sent for four forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 7: Trying to lead off and help his own cause. The first pitch from Basquez, Otani swings and sends it high in the air to deep bright center merrowback hat.
Speaker 11: The wall head.
Speaker 10: He's gone.
Speaker 3: Show hey.
Speaker 2: Oltani mauls the first pitch from Randy Vasquez a leadoff home run, one nothing.
Speaker 6: Dodgers hit a hurry.
Speaker 7: Ninth pitch coming from Otani de Loreano. It's strike three and everybody knew it. Sinker from Otani. They get his fourth k of the game. Dodgers up three to nothing. Bottom of the fifth, bases loaded for San Diego, one out. The first pitch to Tatis ground bought a short bets the second for one.
Speaker 2: Here's the turn, fats two, double play, Hell Old Tony.
Speaker 6: Let's out a roar and says, let's go.
Speaker 5: Show hey O'tani a home run, Showy Oldtani. The pitcher gets out of a bases loaded jam in the fifth with the double play, as he goes five shutout innings to pick up the win, as he improved a four and two on this season with the Dodgers. Four nothing shutout on Wednesday at the Padres.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kirston al joins us from Milwaukee, brought to my Cars for Kids Cars for Kids Dot Org as the Dodgers getting ready to continue this road trip. And what a road trip has been. Heck, what a stretch for this Dodger's bullpen. They're on fire, Kirston.
Speaker 12: They're on fire right now. They've thrown twenty nine consecutive scoreless. That is the best that we have seen in over like thirty years. They have been spectacular right now. And when you talk to the guys just kind of the feeling amongst the group. They ultimately just say they're all going out there and doing their job. You know, they know the lanes that they're being put in. They're being put in lanes to be successful. But they just there's a confidence amongst them at the moment and they're passing the baton and that's really been the key. And even it's interesting because if we go back to what the last homestand in which to start the homestand we saw a couple of games in which, you know, the bullpen would give up a lead or things like that. But since then, it felt like I had a conversation with Willklin and he said the team just needed like one person to do something, one reliever to get a clean inning, a one pitcher to have a really solid outing, the offense to have a big swing, and when you look at the bullpen, that's exactly what happened. We had a group that just started putting clean innings together, being efficient and be it effective. And now they're just building off of that with each other. And we're seeing some of these younger guys, whether it's a Will kleinb or someone like Kyle Hurt who we're climbing higher and higher on that trust tree. You then even added Guardo and Riquez in that conversation as well, who has been excellent as of late. But you're seeing these guys get different opportunities and you're seeing them really step up while their closer and Edwin Diaz is still down.
Speaker 5: And this series against Milwaukee, it's two teams atop their divisions in the NL West and the NL Central, and also a rematch from last October.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know what, when you look at just I don't want to say this road trip because technically it started with the Angels in Anaheim, but if you look at San Diego and then to come here you're facing two of the top teams in the National League. Yes, in San Diego we had a division rival, so we knew that series was going to be intense. It always is when you look at those two teams, They're always looking to get the best out of each other, and they will get the best out of each other. We literally saw that when it came to the pitching performance on both sides, the offense having to have key at bats just to scratch through runs. We saw that the last few days. So now you come into this series, which it's still going to be intense because this is very talented Brewers team, but they don't expect it's going to have that same level of intensity as the Padre series. Yes, it is a rematch of the NLCS, and we know what happened on our side of the NLCS. The Dodgers were able to sweep the Brewers. But when you come into this, when Dave was saying what Pat Murphy does with his organization, it's a very talented group. It's a very similar group to who we saw in the NLCS, minus a few key guys for example Freddie Peralta, But they play a similar game to what we saw last year in which they did beat up on the Dodgers in the regular season. They find ways to put the ball in play. They're aggressive on the bass path, They're going to make some commotion in some type of way or form, and the Dodgers are gonna have to just combat that.
Speaker 10: So it will.
Speaker 12: Start with desin Mbleski. Hopefully he can set the tone, but also hopefully the offense. We can see them continue to get going because we did start to see, especially in those line of two games of the Padre series, just the extra base hits coming through, the home run, the long ball was back. So now it's just hoping to see if they can carry that from the off day to this one.
Speaker 5: Let's keep that momentum going. Kirsten, appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vasse is gonna double up going one on one with Will Klein and Kyle Hurt part of this great Dodgers bullpen. But up next at injury report, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee on this Friday. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 5: Low Brongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch of Milwaukee on this Friday, Dodgers and Brewers to kick off the Memorial Day weekend Marago Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 5: Here's in of my UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Jack Dryer on the IL, Blake Snell on the IL, Tyler Glass now on the IL, Brock Stewart on the IL, all working their way back from injuries. Tommy Emman on the sixty Day I L Bruce Dargraderal, Bobby Miller, Ben Casparras, all in the sixty day IL Keiky Aarnandez the closest guy to returning. He's eligible to come off the IL on Sunday, but most likely be the next home stand against the Rockies. Let's head back out to Milwaukee and check in with the Dodgers skipper anything Dave.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: I think it's going to be a different series. I think that, Yeah, it's going to be intense, which we expect. It's a really good team. I think that I don't think that, you know, people appreciate how well this team plays baseball. There's not a lot of fanfare as far as the name recognition, but the way Pat Murphy gets these guys to play, it's a fun brand of baseball. They don't strike out much. They put the ball in play, they bunt, they hit and run, they steal bases, they play defense, they can pitch. So yeah, it's a good matchup. And last year during the regular season, we didn't we couldn't beat these guys once, so I expect us to just play better baseball this year.
Speaker 6: All Right, it's the Dodgers and Brewers coming up.
Speaker 5: And interesting, Yeah, they lost him in the regular season but returned the favor in the NLC. So when we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vassay as we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday, I'm Tim Kats' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Leading you up to Dodgers and the Brewers from Milwaukee on this Friday leading into Memorial Day weekend. Justin Robleski on the Matt Logan and Hinderson. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by L Poto, born in LA and made for your game day. All Poto brings authentic Mexican style sauces, salsas and hot so is right to your plate, El Pato, Gourmee and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David and David Dalton rushing behind the plate in this series opener.
Speaker 6: No, Will Smith is he okay?
Speaker 4: Yes, he's fine physically, but Dave Roberts, uh, you know, acknowledged the fact that catching is the most demanding position and he's pretty much run Will Smith out there virtually every day over the course of the last two weeks. So Will Smith is only going to catch tomorrow. There's a lefty starter on the mount tomorrow for the Brewers, and Robert Gasser and then Dalton Rushing will catch on Sunday, the day game after the night game, and Roki Sasaki will be on the mount on Saturday, Yamamoto on Sunday. So the magic that Rushing and Roki had an Anaheim, well, Roki's gonna have to find that magic with Will Smith. But this is a long season, it's a marathon. And when Rushing was getting regular reps, his hitting was better. So I feel like this will accomplish two things. Dave Roberts was so fourth right in San Diego on why he was hitting Will Smith's seventh at the end of that series. He just flat out said, Smith is not hitting the fastball, so he's giving him time to recalibrate the swing and get some rest and in turn get Rushing some time.
Speaker 5: David is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trains in North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon of the best MSRP. If it's category time to see Ford in new light, go to your Southern California Ford dealers today. What's the latest with Blake Snell? Dave, Now, there were a couple of days post surgery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a call from Blake Snell today. He was at Dodgers Stadium. He's going to have his bandage replaced tomorrow. From what I understand, Trek Scoobles Micro or Nando Preside took thirty minutes, while Snails was a little bit longer, almost two hours. But two months it seems like you know a great target, you know, if you look at what school Bol's done, He's already throwing his third bullpen session. So Dave Roberts did say that this procedure will shave off at least a month of recovery, and School Bowl already is proving that this nanoscote procedure is a success, with him throwing thirty seven pitches in a bullpen session yesterday.
Speaker 5: All right, David, this is a rematch from last year's postseason. The regular season didn't go so well for the Dodgers last year, but the postseason they dominated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it feels like the Brewers are always there with the Dodgers, going back to twenty eighteen, a seven game NLCS. How about the bubble in twenty twenty, it was the Brewers the Dodgers beat in the first round of that postseason. And I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the Brewers and Dodgers see each other in the NLDS or the NLCS this year because they're coming off a big sweep off the Cubs. They're back in first place despite not having yellow cent curio for an extended period of time, and the Dodgers will not see Jacob Mazerowski in this series. So I'm sure you heard Dave Roberts say that Dodgers can't have a letdown after that Padre series. I kind of feel like the Brewers are the team that is ripe for the letdown because they're coming off a big series at Wrigley Field against the Cubs, and similar to last year's postseason, all the people in Milwaukee care about is beating the Cubs. So I feel like this may be a letdown for the Brewers.
Speaker 6: Well, let's hope.
Speaker 5: So time now for the Dodger Derby brought to by San Anita Park. We're picking tomorrow's fifth race at Santa Anita one mile on the grass, three pm post time, currently a seven horse race.
Speaker 6: Who do you like tomorrow in the fifth race, David.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go with the number four horse, Star of Deli.
Speaker 5: Oh Starr de Okay, I'm gonna go to the three horse carl Erskine of course, named after the.
Speaker 6: Former Brooklyn Dodger. Great. All right, deVie, Good luck to you.
Speaker 5: Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park. It's a Memorial Day weekend at Santa Anita featuring the carnival and the infield. The beer festival got two dollars hot dogs and beer on Monday. It's a great weekend to go out to the racing and see it all all three days. They got racing for you tickets at Santa Anita dot Com. Slash event still the coming on Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitcheet matchup, but up next to Dodgers. Magical moment Dodgers and Brewers first pitch at four forty. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Brewers starting a three game weekend st in Milwaukee. Dodger fans, the wait is over. It's been seven years. Star Wars is back on the big screen. The fledgling New Republic works to protect everything that the Rebellion fought for. Witnessed the return of the Mandalorian, the feared bounty hunter, and Grogu, his powerful child, as they face off against the Empire in a thrilling, high stakes Star Wars adventure starring Pedro Pascal and Sigourney Weaver. Star Wars The Mandalorian and Grogu now playing only in theaters and Imax. I got my tickets this weekend. May the Force be with you as you watch it on the big screen as well.
Speaker 1: Hot Dog who Wants the Hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Jobs.
Speaker 5: Well the Dodgers taken on the Brewers. We go back to Game four of the NLCS last year, a night dominated by show.
Speaker 7: Full Count and now Kintano's Payoff Pitch Old Tony.
Speaker 2: Taz off deep brightfield. Oh hey, old Tony one of one on a one to two terrain, strikes out, swinging shits him down with a splitter back to that case to open the sixth and four in a row.
Speaker 11: He's up to.
Speaker 7: Ten, so Otani has to take time. He steps back in one ball in two strikes, a big Righty McGill sets on the mount. Here's the pitch, and O'tani drives.
Speaker 1: One left center field.
Speaker 10: Dig you done?
Speaker 2: Show hey o Tani the stuff of legend.
Speaker 6: Show hey Otani?
Speaker 5: In Game four the NLCS last year, a game for the Ages six and eats ten strikeouts, and then he hits not one, not two, but three home runs to send the Dodgers back to the World Series. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with James Loney and David Massey.
Speaker 6: Reunited feels so good.
Speaker 5: If we lead you up to the first pitch, Dodgers and Brewers, I'm Tim Kason is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, wa on your home for the blue all season log hits.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers and the Brewers on this Friday Memorial Day weekend. Be safe out everybody. Justin Robletski, Logan Hinderson. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at four forty time. Now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store. Today we head back out to Milwaukee and say hello to David Basse.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tim, Yes, we're back out here at American Family Field. Rick Monday is in Cooperstown. So the Dodgers called in James Loney to be on the call with Tim Neverett.
Speaker 3: James, great to be in Milwaukee with you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: DV.
Speaker 9: Great to be back here. Called a couple of games last year against the Brewers at home, so definitely good to be back here with you.
Speaker 4: Oh well, last year the Dodgers never beat the Brewers.
Speaker 3: Now we know why. In the regular season.
Speaker 4: Oh this guy, hey, coming back here to Milwaukee. Do you have good memories of playing here with the Dodgers or do you not have anything that stands out?
Speaker 9: And I got pretty good memories. You know, they had some pretty good teams. Prince Fielder, you know a lot of these guys, Sabathia, you know when I was younger, So we have had some good battles here. I love playing here with the you know, with the roof and everything. I love the backdrop here and the ball. You know, baff Fly's pretty good here too. So definitely enjoyed my time here.
Speaker 4: When you look at the Dodgers and Brewers playing in the NLCS last year, everybody talked about David versus Goliath when it came to the Dodgers in Blue Jays. But don't you feel like Dodgers Brewers is David versus Goliath.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I definitely do, because you know, if you know the story, you know you're not giving David much of a chance, right. But the Brewers have the personnel to do it. Yeah, maybe they don't have all the star power that the Dodgers have, but they were finding ways last year to get it done. They would get these big hits. You know, they were just coming up clutch, making the pitches when they need to. And I just really felt like, especially in baseball, right you can win two to one, you can win doing three to two, So you didn't always need that goliath type effort, you know, from them to beat us. They just kind of like, all right, we're gonna do this hit and run. I remember they would hit and run a lot. They would just get guys over first to third with their base running. So those are the things that you preach when you're younger, when you're growing up, Hey do the small things, and that's what they do well.
Speaker 3: James styles make fights.
Speaker 4: How do you think Justin Robleski style is going to work against the Brewers team that swings the bat and doesn't chase.
Speaker 9: Well, we know Justin Robleski is not scared to fight right from the World Series against Toronto, but no, I mean, Justin Arbleski has the stuff to get anyone out. It's usually just about execution for him getting ahead, and that's what he's been doing. He has strikeout stuff. He hasn't been striking out a lot of guys this year, but he's helped the bullpen by going deep into the games, getting early outs, attacking the strike zone, and an occasional yeah he'll get that strikeout, but for the most part, he's been getting contact and getting soft contact.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What do you think about what happened against the Braves seven runs against him in eight and two thirds. Do you feel like the Brewers are a tougher matchup than what he has faced recently?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't say tougher, but I would say they're more more more sneaky than the Braves.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 9: I think there's times where you know, you got Jake Bauers hitting sixth and he's hitting two ninety one, right, So it's just like you don't know who it's gonna be with the Brewers that can step up. All these guys have the ability. You know, they all have good bat to ball skills, and when you have good bat to ball skills, you know there's always a single lurking somewhere, so hopefully there's nobody on base when those things happen.
Speaker 4: All right, So Dave Roberts gets asked this during the Angels series. How much of a motivation was it to sweep the Angels after not beating them once last year, the Dodgers swept the Brewers in the nlcso point proven, but they lost all seven times to.
Speaker 3: The Brewers last year.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like maybe the Brewers snuck up bottom last year and that's not the case starting tonight.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, the regular season is always different than the postseason. You got different guys playing, you know, at different times, and you just play. You can play better at different times of the season. Right, You're getting those clutch hits, making those big pitches. But I always tell people, you could be the best team in the regular season, you get into the playoffs, you go against Glass, now, Snell, Yamamoto, Tani. It's really hard hard to string a lot of hits together, right, and I think that's you know, that's what the Brewers are known for. So when they really couldn't do that in the postseason, that just really made it hard for them because they haven't really been a big slugging team these last couple of years.
Speaker 4: All Right, James, we'll check back in with you and Tim Neverett a little bit later in the show. Great to have you with us for this series in Milwaukee. We'll do it again tomorrow and we'll look forward to hearing the call with you and Neverett. All right, appreciate it, David, Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot of DV Thanks a lot lone dog. Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium is a uniclode dot com slash us. Still they come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get your previous pitching matchup. James will be back with Tim. Never gets you those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with a pair of Dodger relievers. Been pretty good this year that Dodger bullpen Dodgers and Brewers first pitch of four forty. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were say, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers in Milwaukee on this Friday, as the road trip continues after day off yesterday started a three game series against the Bruers. Justin Robleski, Logan Hinderson the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at four forty. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 6: Getting close to dinner time.
Speaker 5: What you're doing when it's game night, It's group night at Shakey's dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be Vessy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are in Milwaukee, and the Dodger bullpen has pitched twenty nine consecutive scoreless innings as a group, using ten different pitchers. And I'm joined right now by two of those guys, Will Klein and Kyle Hurt. Klein, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Thanks for having us Kyle Hurt on the up and up. So thank you.
Speaker 10: You're welcome. Thank you.
Speaker 4: All of you have seemed to done your part in a big way. Is it more rewarding that all of you as a group have been able to help the team win games, including a bullpen game Friday night last week in Anaheim?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I think so. I mean, we have so many talented hitters and so just be able to go out there put up a zero, give them a chance to you know, go do their thing, and you know the fact that we've had so many guys to be able to contribute and do it over and over.
Speaker 10: It just gives our like hit are.
Speaker 15: So many opportunities to win us games, and so it's nice to be a little part of that.
Speaker 4: You know, Kyle, what's it been like for you? You've been able to come in this season in Denver and show that you belong.
Speaker 14: It's been great, lot of good guys down in the bullpen, and I think I got to give some credit to the hitters.
Speaker 10: They're playing some great defense.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 14: I feel like I've given up some pretty hard hit balls and some guys are making some really really good plays.
Speaker 10: But overall, everyone's doing a great job.
Speaker 11: Why why are you saying, don't do that.
Speaker 15: Everyone gives up hard hit balls.
Speaker 10: You don't need to, you know, say anything.
Speaker 15: I feel like, you know, but we have I don't know, I just it's part of the game. But we have great defense out there, any MOOKI everyone you know, Max playing great third, Freddie great first. But I mean everyone's playing crazy defense.
Speaker 10: It's it's nice to.
Speaker 15: Let him put the ball and play and no, you know they're gonna make plays behind you.
Speaker 4: Lake trying to come over here. This is a group, come on over here. No, he doesn't want in Kyle. That's got to give you confidence, just the fact that these guys believe in you and maybe have confidence in you the way that most relievers don't get love from their teammates.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I mean, it's just one pitch out of time.
Speaker 14: You know, things can things can happen, and you can't really predict.
Speaker 10: What's gonna happen. You's got to be be in the moment.
Speaker 14: And or that exact pitch and and let the defense do their thing.
Speaker 11: I remember you told me when you first started to get some.
Speaker 4: Reps this season that you stop thinking so much that you just knew you had to be yourself.
Speaker 11: Is that a constant reminder?
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I try not to do a whole lot of thinking out there. You know, just whatever pitch is called, you know, you just have to execute it. If you don't execute it, it might get hit, it might not.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Will kleinb this year started a bullpen game. He has a hold and he has his first career save. I broke to Klein the other day that he wasn't the first pitcher to do that. He's actually one of nineteen this season to have all three.
Speaker 15: I thought I was I was excited. Someone relayed false information.
Speaker 11: But it's good to be a part of that club.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 15: Just feel like I'm ready to for whenever you know, Doc might need me to pitch. You know, It's it's kind of fun to be able to go in first, going in the seventh, going the ninth, like it's I think every one of our guys would would do that in a heartbeat, and so it's you know, I feel like we're well oiled machine right now out there, and you know, everyone's just doing whatever whatever they can whenever they're called upon. So it's fun.
Speaker 4: Will kleinb and Kyle heard our guest. It's a team effort in the bullpen. There's their pitching coach Connor McGinnis. Everybody very jealous that I have the two right hand or high leverage.
Speaker 11: Righty's right here before the first pitch.
Speaker 10: Great to be with you, Dave, so excited.
Speaker 11: Hey, what's the dynamic out there?
Speaker 4: It seems like all of you have a good sense of humor, but a lot of times it's very awkward sense of humors. From Tanner, Scott to Blake trining. How do you guys handle all that.
Speaker 14: We're just being ourselves and we're having some fun, and it's a really solid group of guys down there. Even our bullpen catchers, Hammer and Chico are getting in on the fun, you know.
Speaker 10: So we're just living day by day out there.
Speaker 4: Do you really believe Kyle Hurt lives his life the way he wants us to believe?
Speaker 10: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: He does.
Speaker 15: That man does whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
Speaker 10: And you know what, that's not true.
Speaker 15: This is ever his wife wants, whenever he wants.
Speaker 11: Hey, he understands.
Speaker 10: I do understand that far.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, thanks a lot for stopping. Really appreciate it and keep it going. And certainly, uh, it's not one guy, it's a group of you. But I felt like this is the only only way I could harness this interview with just two of you.
Speaker 11: Not more than two. No, it's just like the rule of the Sith. There's only two.
Speaker 10: Get Josh bart on the mic.
Speaker 11: He has not been on in like five years.
Speaker 15: Yeah, if you could do bart get an interview, that'd be impressive.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, whatever he's doing coaching you guys up down there, it's working.
Speaker 11: So thank you Will Klin, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Kyle Hurt.
Speaker 15: Thanks for setting this up, Dave.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Dave. There they go.
Speaker 4: Will Klein and Kyle Hurt have been our guest. They'll receive a gift card a Hobby years. You might see him at Pasadena, you might see him in Newport. You never know, but the bullpen will beat together. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thank you DV as we lead you up to first pitch for Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday night. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: HiT's Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday afternoon. First pitch for Milwaukee coming up in four forty and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchups brought to you.
Speaker 6: Buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 5: Logan Henderson on the mound for Milwaukee twenty four year old right hender one and one with a three point fifty ERA. Fourth round pick of Milwaukee in twenty twenty one. It spent most of the last season in TRIPA Nashville, but did make a couple of starts when three and zero with a one seventy eight ERA and five starts at the big league level. Started this year in TRIPLEA, now making his fifth start at the big league level. Last time out, five innings, one run, six hit, seven strikeouts. That was in a winner with the Minnesota Twins. His career at America Family Field pretty good. Small sample size two to zero with a one to sixty nine ERA in three starts. This is his first time facing the Dodgers. Justin Roblesky, he has been fantastic for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: He gets to start.
Speaker 5: The twenty five year old left handers six and one with a two forty nine ERA. He's holding opponents to a two to oh eight batting average. He was gone from reliever to opener Bulke inting guy and this year has e merged as a starter for Dave Roberts and this Dodgers team. Last time out, six innings, two runs, seven hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Angels last Saturday on the road this season, Robleski four to zero four starts, with a one to fifty ERRA and zero home runs given up amongst qualified starters. His road to RRA is third in the National League. He's facing the Brewers for the second time in his career. He faced one that was back in July of twenty twenty four in LA. He went five Iniams, giving up four earned runs, five hits and clearing a couple of home runs, two strikeouts, two walks, and took the loss to the Brewers. Justin Robleski, Logan Henderson Dodgers Brewers. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday Night for Milwaukee. Justin Roblesky and Logan Henderson. The pitching matchup to open up this series. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Saporo starts, a great moments start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preferences. Momorial Day weekend, so Poro has you covered with the crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. All right, before first pitch one more time, Back out to the booth. Two guys on the call tonight, Tim Neffertt and James Loni.
Speaker 8: Tim, thanks again, Justin Robleski getting the start for the Dodgers tonight six and one. And he has been really a breath of fresh air for this Dodger pitching staff. James, when you look at what he has done, he has been super dependable. He has made every start he's been asked to make. He'll make his eighth tonight in his ninth overall appearance.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I love when he gets the ball because he makes everyone's day better. Right, he helps save the bullpen. And he hasn't been striking out a lot of guys. You know, He's got four point eight strikeouts per nine innings this year. He has strikeout stuff. But when you can have a guy that has strikeout stuff and get early outs, let you go deep into the game. Preserve that bullpen, and especially when you as a defense out there, you're like, man, I love playing behind this guy. He works pretty quick, he attacks the strike zone. That's everything you want a starting pitcher.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers gave him some run support last time out fifteen runs on Saturday when Justin got the win over the Angels in a fifteen to two win. Meantime, Logan Henderson, who joined the rotation earlier this month when Chad Patrick had some problems with dehydration, said he lost vision on the mound for a few seconds. They took him out and now he's in a bullpen. But Logan Henderson.
Speaker 3: Gets the start.
Speaker 8: It'll be his fifth overall start at the major league level after making five appearances in Triple A.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Logan Henderson has done a good job, right. I mean we've seen the numbers, we see the three point five ear but he's facing the Dodger team that is loaded with for power end average. Logan is getting a lot of fly ball outs this year. And you get a lot of flyball outs, you've got to be making really good pitches, right. It could be a matter of missing between an inch or two for that ball being a home run. So I'm in my opinion, I think the Dodgers actually have a good night tonight offensively if they can get those pitches that are elevated that are usually outs because they have the power to drive them out the ballpark.
Speaker 8: Dodgers have won five of six on the road trips seven of their last ten overall, Both teams in first place in their respective divisions. Lineups and first pitch. Just around the corner, Tim.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much, coming up first pitch from Milwaukee, the start of a three game series. Dodgers first place atop the NL West, Brewers first place atop the NL Central. These two teams sign each other in the playoffs last year. Back at it tonight to begin a three game series from Milwaukee. Don't forget after the game, David Vesta has got you covered with all the postgame festivities, reaction from the clubhouse, all the highlights, and Dodger talk as well. Enjoined everybody, Dodgers and Brewers is next. This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm Tim Kats on the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network