Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this is because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You have to fight off being satisfied your free game. Look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you by Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of AG spectrum and by your so cal Chevy Dealers. Together, let's try now your pregame host of the world Champion LA Todgers tampacts.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Monday night, April twenty seventh, as your Los Angeles Dodgers nineteen and nine on this season first place top the NL West, a half game up on the San Diego Padres, going into action tonight after taking two of three from the Cubbies over the weekend, The Dodgers homestand continues tonight with the first to three against the Miami Marlins on Japanese Heritage Night. And look who's on the mound. Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets the start in the series opener. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Over the next hour here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck. We got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup tonight. David Vase is going to join us throughout the hour. Of course, we got your Dodgers magical moment. He'll go one on one with Clayton McCullough, Marlins manager, former Dodgers first base coach, bound back at Dodger Stadium with his team. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson and at just a few minutes we'll head out to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday in the gaalpin Ford Broadcast booth. Well, yesterday at the Ravine, Justin Robleski would end up going six innings, no runs, four hits, He walked four, had traffic on the bases almost every single inning. Walk that tight rope for six innings, striking out six along the way, but he would have put up zeros on the scoreboard. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense last night, Andy Pajez got the party started in the first of the Sacfly scoring show Hey Dodgers grabbed a one nothing lead. Then Mcguel Rojas.
Speaker 2: Double the lead, second and third, two out, one ball, no strikes. Imnauga comes home and Rojas wraps it in the ear to left field going after it has happened, it's over his head. Hey one hops off the wall, hurt in his scores tuckered US two a.
Speaker 3: Two run double, Poor Miguel Rojas. Niggie ro drives in the pairs. That Dodgers scored three runs in the first inning jump out to the three to nothing lead. That was more than enough for Justin Robleski, who again had traffic on the base, But the Chicago Cubs just could not get the hit when they needed it. As Robleski got out of jam after jam, twelve runners left on base for the Cubbies. They were zero for eight with runners in scoring position. The Dodgers will take it into six, Dodgers added them to the lead thanks to Dalton rushing three and.
Speaker 2: Two on Dalton rushing, the one hundredth pitch of the afternoon from Chota Imanaga is hit on the ground through the right side pa his scores. Tucker will stop at third. It's an RBI base hit for rushing and now the Dodgers leave by four.
Speaker 3: Dalton rushing with the RBIs single number sixteen on the season. Dodgers a four to nothing in lead. They would tack on one more on an air, making it five to nothing. Then in the seventh show, Hey Otany with a home run, his sixth of the year. He goes three for three on the day with the home run, drives in a g run as the Dodgers go on and shut out the Chicago Cubs six to nothing. Your final and that is the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Robleski would go the six shutout Indians and Guardo Enriquez came in, walked a couple of runners in the seventh, but was able to get out of it. Jack Dryer came in pitched the eighth. Kyle Hurt pitched the ninth put up a zero as well on five pitches. That's all it took him. As the Dodgers bullpen helps out Justin Robleski to improve the four to zero on this season, his longest outing one hundred and nine pitches thrown by Justin Robletski. As the Dodgers take two or three from Chicago, they're now nineteen and nine overall on this season. As the homestead continues to night with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch at seven ten and with more we head out to the gallopin four broadcast booth as we welcome in Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, All right, Tim, The Dodgers begin the night nineteen and nine back in first place by themselves a half a game in front of the Podras eleven and four at home this year, and after that six to nothing shut out of the Cubs yesterday behind rob Lusky, the Dodgers look like the Dodgers again.
Speaker 6: Well, They're started to do it in both signes. First of all, they outscored the Cubs each of the last two games by a total of eighteen to four. They out hit them on top of it. They were much much better with runners in scoring position. Oh, by the way, they got very good pitching, including out of the bullpen, which has kind of turned things around. And on top of that, they returned to first place a half game in front of San Diego.
Speaker 5: What's your take on Roblusky each time he goes out is more confident and simply pitching.
Speaker 6: Well. I read a quote that was talking about he was looked at as a stopgap until some other starting pitcher. Blake Snell probably the closest to coming back. He's on a rehab start very very soon. But if you look at Robleski, he's become more than just a stopgap. He has entered into conversation as if he is going to possibly stay in the rotation.
Speaker 5: And then there there. Marlins are at thirteen and fifteen. They began the year eight and five in their first thirteen games, but they've gone five to ten in their last fifteen. And this is a team that Dodgers frankly have dominated over the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have. They've had very good luck, but that's in the past and we're going to have tonight to begin in the future. As far as the three games again back to back night games in a day game, and then there's an off day. The Dodgers then pack up in the going the road. Doesn't seem like they've been home very long, but they'll be taking off and going to Saint Louis in Houston before coming back, and then they have much talked about it Atlanta. Rains will come in, but that's the way down the road. The Dodgers have some ball games to play and win, starting tonight again.
Speaker 5: You were mentioning how the Dodgers have been finally grabbing the bull by the horns, both with the bat and pitching. Dodgers lead major League Baseball with a two seventy eighteen batting average, most home runs forty five, three point fifty five on base percentage, the most extra base hits ninety four. The starting pitching er is two seventy nine, and since April the sixth, they've given.
Speaker 4: Up twenty eight earn runs eighty one.
Speaker 5: Hits, and the Dodgers starters are ten and two in their last nineteen stars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's starting pitching. That era that's the best in baseball overall. That era is third best in Major League Baseball. So they're getting it done. A lot of different areas including well, as you mentioned some of the other numbers, the one number that does not really stick out in the upper echelon, and that's stolen bases. You know, they're not a ball club that that steals a lot of bases. They are going to be facing a team tonight that does. The Marlins. They put runners into motion. They've stolen thirty one bases already this year.
Speaker 5: And one final note about Otani three for three a walking, a home run yesterday, ending his twelve game horrorless streak. You've gone fifty nine plate appearances without hitting one out, and it's looking like he's finally beginning to find his way off thatense.
Speaker 6: You know, many times we talk about pitchers maybe getting involved too much with the mechanics as they're actually trying to deliver the ball. Was a show, hey o Tani thinking too much about mechanics when he was trying to hit the ball. I don't know on that end of it, but we're beginning to now see much better swings. And speaking of swings, Will Smith will start to swing again. He's back in the starting lineup. A little stiffness in the back, missed a couple of games. He's going to bat third tonight. Max Bunsey returns the lineup, so he had Hassan Kim at short stuff and Alex Freeland again at second base, first.
Speaker 5: Of three the Dodgers and the Marlins Lineup's the first pitch right around the corner.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie, looking forward to that as we call you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza chackin Emojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from both managers, Clayton McCullough of the Marlins, Dave Roberts Dodger skipper. We'll check in with David Vascata. Course throughout the hour, we'll dive deeper of this pitching matchup. But up next you Taani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch on this Monday night, Dodgers and the Marlins. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins on this Monday night, Japanese Heritage Night out at the Stadium. Yoshinovo Yamamoto and Chris Paddock. The pitching matchup here in the series opener. First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind you monogus won oh.
Speaker 2: Otani takes off for second. Here's the throw from Kelly to slide is awful of Otani. It kicks in the shallow left field and now he's running for third, so it's just stolen base. And then it's good. He scored an EIR on somebody moll. Imanaga's won one pitch. Old Tani hits it on the ground and it rows through the right side beyond the diving second baseman in Matt Shaw, and so it's a two out single for show. Hey, he's on for a second time. The one to zero pitch from Imanaga, old Tani rips it to right as a beach ball comes blowing across the field that goes toward the corner.
Speaker 4: Suzuki to it quickly.
Speaker 2: He spins and throws the second it's off the mark O Tani slides in safely with a one out double. Show Hey old Tani leading things off, swinging at the first pitch, driving it the other way.
Speaker 1: Back it goes and ta hair.
Speaker 2: Old Tani's first home run in a dozen games.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani busting out of his slump. Three for three, he had a single, a double home run, walked, also on base four times. He was a triple shy of the cycle. Show Hey Otani bust through yesterday with a big offensive day at the plate. Is the Dodgers shut out the Cubs six to nothing.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 3: And Kirson out joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now with Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with the k all Right, Kirson, the Marlins now in town. The Dodgers fresh off taking two to three from the Chicago Cubs and the offense really starting to come to life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they really are.
Speaker 8: When you look at the last two games at specific, this team had eighteen runs on twenty one hit, so that's averaging about nine runs per game. Obviously, we saw the offense breakout yesterday and the day before, but before that, when we ended the road trip in San Francisco came here to start the series with the.
Speaker 7: Cubs, things were still a little bit.
Speaker 1: Slower for the offense.
Speaker 8: Even talking with shoe Hey, o Tani or guys like Kyle Tucker, you know, they were just feeling like they're working through a few things or not they'd normally like to be, but they felt like they were getting closer and closer. Now it does feel like they've gotten to that point, Dave Roberts earlier tonight, so that he feels like the pit selection is in a much better position. They're not being indecisive when they're reading the pitches kind of at the plate. The quality of bats has been there. Of course, they've been getting on base, taking their walks when need be, but now we're just seeing that the swing is in so much of a better position. Even show Hey last night was saying that the change that he made was more kind of with his upper half positioning, and that has allowed for him to just be in a better position and more on time. So the guys feel really good right now, and Dave Roberts has made it clear that he does believe just from what he's seen in the last two games, he expects to see some more consistency, especially from the top of the.
Speaker 6: Order moving forward.
Speaker 3: Well, the guy at the top of the lineup is show Hey Otani. He's in there tonight as a designated hitter. He'll be on the mound tomorrow night in game two of this three game series against Miami, but we may not see him hit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, So obviously we've seen this this time. We've seen it this year before in which they decided to only have him focusing on pitching and as the starter. So that was a question for tomorrow, especially considering so sho haa Toni. Typically they've had him on like six seven day rest, pitching once a week. They've been trying to have it so that he's pitching so that it's teed up to next one off day. But with considering how many pitches Tyler Blaster through his last outing, and they didn't want to switch the two of them again. So he's going to be on regular five day rest tomorrow, and so Dave Roberts was asked, you know, could this be a situation in which, as you guys have been talking, maybe you would move him on to the leadoff spot or you just have him not DH, and he said it is under consideration. It's all very much on the table right now. Obviously, shohe has been very open to the conversations that they've been having. So he said this a possibility. He didn't want to give away too many things just yet. He did add that if he is to D eight, just think he would be batting lead up. They're not gonna move him in.
Speaker 7: The order just yet.
Speaker 8: But it does feel like there could be a world in which we see, especially considering he's on short rest, there's a world in which he may not be the DH, just the pitcher.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We shall see. No matter what, we'll see him leading off with the Dodgers tonight. Kirson. We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup, David Vassay goes one on one with Miami manager Clayton McCaulay. Yeah, former Dodgers first base coach now skipper of the Marlins will join David Vassa Coming up in just a little bit. We'll hear from the manager of the Dodgers, Dave Roberts, coming up as well as well as an injury report as we lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins first pitch of seven to ten. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on decontinues on this Monday night, as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Miami Marlins Maroongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good Times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Chris Paddock. The pitching matchup in this series opener on Japanese Heritage Night out at the Ravine. First pitchit sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ed when Diaz on the IL recovering from elbow surgery. We'll hear from him coming up in a little bit. Been Cosparius on the IL, Mookie Betts trying to make his way back from the right oblique strain. Tommy Edmond on the IL, recovering from off season ankle surgery. Blake's now going to go out in a minor league rehabit assignment with Ontario in the next couple of days. He is trending in the right direction for a return next time or sometime next month. The brock Stewart getting closer, probably the closest of any Dodger to come off the IL. He's in TRIPLEA. Oklahoma City, Bruce Dart, Groderol Keith Key, Hernandez Landon, Nag Gavistone, Evan Phillips all on the injured list. Let's head back out to the stadium and check out with the Dodgers, Gever anything else.
Speaker 4: Questions for Dave Dave, Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: You know, two of the guys we've we've seen a lot as far as the starters, you know, Pattick and Sandy. The second day guy not too we haven't seen him, but I think for us it's just having those team at bats, creating stress, taking walks when need. I think Tayo's done a good job of that, you know, last couple of nights, and you know, being able to hit to all fields, and it's kind of you know, right now, I think we're leading baseball and batting average, which I think is a good thing in the sense of being able to hit outfield grass, put the ball in play. And so for me, hopefully we can continue to stay on that track with what you've seen the.
Speaker 8: Show, Hey, Kyle, maybe these little few adjustment in those two specimically getting back on track, you do there now in.
Speaker 3: A good spot that they.
Speaker 6: Can be a little bit more consistent. I do.
Speaker 9: I do. I think that, you know, with show Hey, I think that his decision making has been better the last couple of nights a couple of days, And with Kyle, I think the quality of contact and decision making has been better. So yeah, when you get those two guys doing what they're supposed to do, it sort of makes uh, you know, the lineup that much better.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts with some pregame thoughts as we continue here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check you out with David Vasse as we lead job to first page Dodgers and Marlins from Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the office home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and the Marlins on this Monday night, Yoshinobi, I'm a motal. Chris Paddock to BITCHI matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers for both these guys. Coming up Paddix to looking for his first win this season. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpato, born in La and made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table. El Pato Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kaits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Inside there David Bass.
Speaker 3: Right, DV Dodger Stadium always the place to see famous people, and today a couple of sports celebs.
Speaker 7: There hanging out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about this. Michael Parson of the Green Bay Packers was hanging around during batting practice, and also lefty Fred Couples, who is a big time Dodger fan, was hanging around during batting So everybody wants to be around this team, which is definitely the greatest attraction in all of Major League Baseball, and some could argue the biggest attraction in all the team's sports.
Speaker 3: Right now, Tim, it is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends of North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick Everything you need. You're the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP if its category. It's time to see forded a new light. Go to your Southern California for dealers today. All right, Edwin Diaz, we teased Dave, you got a chance to catch up with him. He spoke earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he spoke for the first time in the dugout. And if you remember, over the weekend, Tim, there was so much information that Andrew Freeman was candid with us about, including just exactly what was going on with Edwin Diaz. Remember, Andrew told us over the weekend that the bone chip was pressing up against the tricep muscle of Edwin Diaz's right arm, but nowhere near any tendons. So that's a great relief for Diaz and the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: I guess I think my emotion was a little way short and on normal. Now after I tell you, I'm getting close to what what what what I AD when I am when I was good, So I think that maybe that's why the white the villa was a little way inconsistent. But the end of the day, you know, I was feeling great because I am feel diet that day, die on the image showed that loose body on it, we removed it.
Speaker 4: Edwin Diaz also said that his arm and range of motion today compared to even three days ago, is even greater. So that's encouraging for Diaz and the Dodgers that he can return sometime in the second half of the season, and maybe closer to August more than September.
Speaker 3: Speaking of encouraging David yesterday, good Side to see show Heyo Tani a triple shy of the cycle? Is is he out of his slump?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: He talked about his posture at the plate after yesterday's game. He said, the posture is getting better, and it goes to two nights ago where he started to go the opposite field. He drew some walks, and the most encouraging part of yesterday was his very first plate appearance. He did draw a lead off walk, stole's second force to bat throw, got to third and scored on a sacrifice fly, So that was the most encouraging part. And then everything else baked into yesterday's game, where he reached all four times, including hitting his first home run tim in the seventh inning. There was fifty nine plate appearances between home runs for Otani. That's the longest period of time as a Dodger he has gone without hitting a home run. So hopefully that's a sign of things to come. And if you look at the calendar, we're getting closer to May. And remember what he told me in Toronto, he expects to have a big May. That's traditionally his best month. So we're getting closer to May, and Otani is starting to get on track.
Speaker 3: Lookout Baseball, it's just a few days away.
Speaker 4: May.
Speaker 3: Great stuff, Dave. We'll check back in with you, and just a little bit coming up here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Clayton McCullough, former Dodger first base coach now manager of the Marlins. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next You're Dodgers Magical moment. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers and Marlins on this Monday night. I'm Tim Kainson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Marlins. Tonight's game brought to you by Star Wars, The Mandalorian and Grogu. On May twenty second, Star Wars is back on the big screen. Witness the return of the Mandalorian, the feared bounty hunter and Grogu is powerful Child as they face off against the Empire in a thrillion high stake Star Wars adventure starring Pedro Pascal. It's a Gorney Weaver Star Wars. The Mandalorian and Grogu only in theaters and Imax May twenty second. Get your tickets now, count me in. Already got my tickets, big fan of the Mandalorian. As we leads up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Chris Paddock, the pitching matchup coming up will dive deeper in this pitching matchup, but first.
Speaker 4: Day with hot dog who wants a hot cup?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfey hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Oh Dodgers and Marlins. We go back to September nineteenth, twenty twenty four in Miami. Show Hey Otani often return referred to as a unicorn. He is good. He's a one off a kind, and on this day he has done something nobody has ever done before.
Speaker 5: One ball, two strikes, runner a third, two outs, and the pitch counting the show.
Speaker 4: Hey ol Chani, Hey swings hits.
Speaker 2: A track to laft this bows back there last fifty.
Speaker 4: The first player in my.
Speaker 5: History of Major League Baseball to have a fifty to fifty season.
Speaker 4: He is incredible. Show Hey old Tony with an opposite field home run fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: What a day for show, Hey he is the new all time.
Speaker 4: Single season home runs leader for the Dodgers. In the first ever Dodger with a fifty home run season.
Speaker 3: Show Hey o tany on that day win six verse six, hitting his forty ninth, fiftieth and fifty first home runs while stealing his fiftieth and fifty first stolen base, becoming the first and only player in the history of baseball to have a fifty fifty season. This hockey magical moment brought to my Hofey hot Dogs, Hofey Soka's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back, you know, Rick Monday, So lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: On this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Monday. Ni Yoshinobu, ya'm amno, and Chris Paddock the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are a little bit less than thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit your SOCl Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick. That was a good way for the Dodgers to end that series against the Cubs, scoring eighteen runs. So I guess the offense is back.
Speaker 6: Well, not only the offense, and I agree with you, it's one of the things that Charlie and I will talk about in a few minutes as well. But also consider the fact that the last two games allowed totally just thirteen hits against them, So you know, twenty one hits to thirteen, and then the lof side is scoring. But the other part too is you know, good teams play in all different areas and the defense has really stood tall. I think overall, you look at this year, the Dodgers have not squandered. In fact, I saw the number it was two days ago, but they have the highest total of defensive runs saved by any team in Major League Baseball. And now that means a lot, obviously, because you look at that scoreboard out there under the R. It's been proven if you have more numbers under the R than the other team, you win the game.
Speaker 4: It's amazing how the pieces are fitting better in the outfield than they did a year ago with Kyle Tucker and right and ta Oscar Hernandez and left.
Speaker 6: And the other part two that I find is a huge compliment is not only the way they can run and catch the ball, but how they're throwing the ball. And here's the other part that I think really stands out when you look at the talent stop and think about the cutoffs and relays. And I say that because A you've got a different second basement that you had and Alex Freeland, you've got a shortstop, one of two different shortstops filling in for Mookie Benz while he is on the edge list. MOOKI is getting closer and closer. They're either going out on a rehab for a short period of time or maybe getting back into the lineup. So if you look at Kim and if you look at Rojas, where are they in the cutoffs and relays? It takes more than one person to throw a guy out from the outfield and the cutoffs and relays have been absolutely superb to this particular point in the season.
Speaker 4: When you describe that, Rick, I think about the play in the first night against the Cobs where in the eighth inning Ian Happ was thrown out at the plate. I feel like that's what you're referring to the most.
Speaker 6: And had two runners thrown out in a short period of time on relays from the outfield that took good throws, good thoughts in order to know where they are. And the fact that the cutoffs and relay guys that are not out there on a daily basis and knew exactly where to be. The other part for cutoff and relay I as a second basement or shortstop. If I'm going out, who has the real strong arm in the outfield, Because the stronger arm, I can stay back to the infield more. If it's a guy in the outfield that maybe does not have a strong arm, I've got to go a little bit deeper to receive the baseball and then how they receive it. If it's a low throw, there's a guy behind me, the double cutoff, I don't want to try and short hop the throw to step aside on that. Let the guy behind you backing you up on that double cutoff get the balls going to be easier hop for him. So there's a lot of things that go into it, but the Dodgers worked on it and worked on it and worked off in the close games. Fundamentals will either lose or win games for you.
Speaker 4: It kind of feels like how they won Game seven of last year's World Theory.
Speaker 1: Think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way back.
Speaker 6: In the first place, your breakfast probably taste a little bit better today.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't look at the standings this early, Rick.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, this early? Yeah? Are you kidding? You look at him at six o'clock in the morning. Who are you kidding?
Speaker 4: I think they're only looking at him in New York and Philadelphia these days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know what they're using to look at him, binoculars.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. The Dodgers are doing pretty good. Everybody freaks out up for one loss, but then they bounce back and win the last two.
Speaker 6: Those expectations are very high for a talented team.
Speaker 4: Expectations are high tonight for you and Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, you're the leadoff guy, and we've got to put up with Charlie again. Isn't nice to see him back in the booth?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I love it, I love it. Yeah, I know he tried to lock me out earlier.
Speaker 6: But as my watch just counting down the minutes before he can make the call.
Speaker 4: Is that the peace sign he's given me? I think it's time for me to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, you're number one.
Speaker 4: We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim. It's great to have these guys back together, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it. Thank you. DV Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup Rick will be back with Charlie and gets you those keys to the game. But up n actually go high and tight with Clayton McCollough, former Dodger first base coach now manager of these Marlins. As we lead jump to first pitch, I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlins getting ready to go at it first to three. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount on this Japanese heritage night. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: Well, the most popular guy at Dodger Stadium today is wearing that Marlins teal. And that's a former Dodger first base coach who is here for the first of two back to back championships and also as part of the Dodger organization since twenty fifteen, second year as the Marlins manager. And that's the nice bronze tand Florida man himself, Clayton Colton McCullough. Clayton, thanks a lot for the time, David.
Speaker 7: It's great to see you again and thanks for having me on. And you spending a little time and those kind words. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations and all the success, and it's great to see how loved you still are by so many in the Dodger organization.
Speaker 7: I mean it is. I know for certain that I wouldn't be sitting here now and have the opportunity that I have without the time that I spend this organization and the time room with Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman, Brandon Gomes, all the players and coaches. So I know how fortunate I was to have been part of this organization for ten years and to spend a lot of time in player development and get some time here on the major league staff. So yeah, a lot of people that I still hold in very high regard and respect how they go about it. And yeah, I have a lot of great memories here, and you know, now the other uniform I come here to try to win a series.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering, we talked last year, but how much of that version of Clayton McCullough is part of this version leader of men managing a team.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of it.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 7: Anything you go through helped shape what you've become and continue to become. So I know I has to have a long way to go as far as refining my leadership abilities. But a lot of what I draw from are the experience in people I was around here. I mean, watching Dave operate with everything that he has on his plate, and how cool he is and how he allows his staffs to just go operate and go coach and go get guys better. So I've tried to emulate as best as I can that here. So yeah, I mean, there's a Dino. Evil was probably one of the He helped me out so much in the four years here. So having Dino just kind of show me the way a little bit, and so his preparation. No one works as hard as him. So I think, you know, just try to take pieces from all those that I was around and had the fortune to spend time with and now' you know, kind of make them my own with what you know, how I'm going about doing things now.
Speaker 4: All right, before we get to the Marlins and what you're doing now to lead this franchise back. You were a big part of the Dodgers twenty four success, winning the first of a back to back championship. You were so big in the base running game for the Dodgers. Were you watching this year's World Series? Where were you when Miguel Rojas hid his life saving Dodger home run?
Speaker 7: I did watch it. I'll say that was the only game that I watched in the postseason, and we figured Game seven, I'm gonna turn it on. And I was in my living room on the couch when Mickey row hit that Homer Hoffman. I did myself, my son Kyle, we all jumped up, like you know, I mean, Micky's the best, and I think, you know for everyone you didn't mean you know how important a moment like you know that is for everyone involved. So I was incredibly happy for him, all my you know friends here, and if anybody was gonna win the World Series it wasn't us, then, you know, I was. I was hoping it'd be them.
Speaker 4: Is that a teaching moment, even for your young Marlins, to realize that Miggy Rowe had not had a start until Game six, did not hit a home run in almost a month. Is that a teaching moment that you can use with this young team to always be ready for your opportunity. I think that's you.
Speaker 7: I think you hit it on the head. It is be ready for your opportunity, you know, I mean you'd be ready, you know, do what you have to do to get ready because when your moment, your moment's gonna come, you know, and all you can do is did you prepare yourself the best to go take advantage of your moment. So you know, we have it here. We have guys that start, some don't start, come off the bench, pinch hit, and so it's just you know, the challenge is with younger players, but just understanding that and I have to do what I think is best for our team. Want a given day to win, right, and then just hope that you know, our players understand you know what when my name is called for whatever it is, all I asked that is you're prepared and understand this is a hard game and the results don't always match. But if you're prepared for that opportunity and moment, then you know, I'll continue to give you shots.
Speaker 4: It seemed like the Marlins started to gain some momentum at the end of last year and it's continued to start this year. How were you able to continue that wave into the beginning of this season.
Speaker 7: I think we would just try myself at coaching staff and players, trying to be incredibly consistent each day with with how we approached that day and not to get not to get wrapped up and what other people thought we were gonna be we're supposed to be. It's like, no, we we're gonna go out there and continue to get better every day, and we're gonna treat you know, today in this game is the most important, and you know what, tomorrow we got to go do it again. And you know, it's very easy to ride the roller coaster in the major leagues of losing, in losing, street winning stream. So it was just trying to prepare in a very similar manner coach teach, and I think as the season went along, a lot of our guys called some winding their sales and really started to take off. We started playing much better handling the things that we could control, and we finished very well. And you know, this year, we came into it expecting we thought we'd have a you know, a nice team and be able to build off of that, and I think at this point we have and we still have a long way to go with you know, you know, our group in ORG just you know, continue to get better on a lot of fronts, to give ourselves a chance a year, and you're out to compete for you know, our division in postseason birds.
Speaker 4: Hey, Clayton McCullough still keeps his T shirts in the dryer extras medium, so he shows his players who's the boss.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, yes, you called me out it is it's a medium shirt. Now, David, how about me?
Speaker 4: Skinny fat still or do you feel like a little bit more on the fatter side.
Speaker 7: No, David, you look great.
Speaker 4: See that's how he gets his players to buy in. He makes them believe. Hey, it's great to see you. You always were one of the great people to be around, and I feel like that's why your players respond to you now with the Marlins as the manager, because your genuine personality gets people to want to follow and you could be the best. But if nobody follows, you're a lonely guy. But Clayton mccull is an easy guy to follow. So thank you for the time and great to see you, great, David.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me. Great catching up with you, and you're the best.
Speaker 4: Hey, he hasn't forgotten the little people. Clayton McCullough, the big guy in Miami. Pat Riley move aside. Clayton mcculli's taking over Biscayne Bay and he'll receive a gift card to Travis Matthew. Whether you're in Calli or Florida, you can always look great. Thanks Clayton, Thanks David'll send it back in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot of DV. Great to hear from Clayton McCollough. So lead you out to first pitch on this Monday night, Japanese Heritage Night, as the Dodgers play host to the Miami Marlins. First pitch of seven ten. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Miami Marlins on this Monday night, first pitch from Unicolo Field the Dodger Stadium, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups brought to.
Speaker 3: You by your Toyota Dealers we make it easy. Chris Paddick on the mount has not been easy for the thirty year old right hander. It is eight season now in the Big leagues, oh and four with a six thirty eight r RA. Came up with the Padres and the Twins and traded to the Tigers at the deadline last year. Now with the Marlins, fastball, changeup, cutter sweeper, making his fifth start, six appearance last time out, four innings, eight runs, eight hits, two runs and a loss of the Rockies. This is his tenth career start against the Dodgers. He is one and fourth the five to ninety one er. He's given up eight or ten home runs and struck out forty one. This is his seventh career start at Dodgers Stadium. He's zero in three with his six forty three ERA. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers two and two with a two forty eight ERA. The twenty seven year old right hander in his third season with the Blue making his six starts. He has recorded five consecutive quality starts to begin this season, but he's gotten not a lot of run support in a couple of those games. Why he's got two losses last time out. Seven innings, three runs, six hits, seven strikeouts, but he got tagged with the loss. He's facing the Marlins for the second time in his career. He went eight innings in his first start against them in May of two, twenty twenty four. He gave up two runs on five hits a couple of home runs while striking out five for the whib Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Chris Paddock the pitching matchup. Dodgers of Marlins were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys of the game are next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Sino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long, Low and.
Speaker 3: Some Dodgers and Marlin's on this Monday night. Yoshinoba Yamamoto, Chris Paddock the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start skah A Great Moments start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference, Saporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing Loggers including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, Let's head back out to the booth. Charlie Steiner Rick.
Speaker 5: Monday, guys, Let's play begins tonight. The Dodgers in first place. A happened game in front of the Padres, facing a Marlins team thirteen up.
Speaker 4: Fifteen down.
Speaker 5: They got off to a terrific start, but in the last fifteen they've won only five. Yamamoto going for the Dodgers tonight is six start, two and two and two forty eight ERA and the veteran Chris Paddock is going for the Marlin.
Speaker 6: The last time out for Yamamoto, and that was up in San Francisco, he had a rugged first inning. He just looked like he was out of sync. From that point on, he was back to the Yamamoto that we have seen. How about these numbers? Very quickly, you look at the last two years for Yamamoto handling the top of the lineup, in particular the numbers two, three, and four spots in the lineup. It's the lowest batting average against the Benny starting pitcher in baseball, just one sixty four. And that's normally the big brutes that are coming up, especially in the early in the game.
Speaker 5: Not going to get any easier for the Marlins. Tomorrow night show Halo Tonic, we'll pitch for the Dodgers line ups in first pitch, Game one of this three game set. Dodgers and Marlins coming right up.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Charlie as leach up to first pitch. Don't forget after the game is over, David Basse. It's got you cover with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well. Dodgers a half game leader with the Padres, who already have a one nothing lead over the Chicago Cubs out at Petcoal Park. Will keep you updated on what's happening that one Dodgers half game up in the division at nineteen and nine of two and three over the weekend. Now they start the three game series with the Miami Marlins. First bitch. When we returned, Yoshinobu yamamode on the mound. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio Network