Speaker 1: Hi, Billy cunning him the great America, welcome this Friday afternoon, the Tristead. Of course, the big news is tonight, a lot of great high school football going on. And then on Sunday at four twenty five, the Bengali's take it off against the Packers, and of course we have Flaco Wacko Flacco is in charge. We have just changed Joe for another Joe, and we'll see what happens. Burrow to Flacco and the game starts at four to twenty five. All coverage starts here about nine oh five am in the morning, and that gives Joe Waco Flacco in additional three hours to know the playbook and made me understand what's going on and if he wins, if he could beat the Packers twice over a four week period, he'd be the first quarterback in an NFL history over a four week period to beat the same team twice with two different teams he's playing for, which is somewhat unusual if you can follow my reasoning there. But the Bengals do things quite unreasonable quite often. Why the Browns would want to trade a functional quarterback to a division rival that haven't beaten they haven't beaten yet. Cleveland Cincinnati plays in about six weeks. Is beyond me. But Cleveland Browns often make decisions no one understands, but joan of you and I now is the great Steve Gooden. He's running for city council. Unfortunately, he sees hope in the city. And also he monitored the great debate last night. I had on Corey Bowman a couple of days ago. After have pure of all refuses to come on. But nonetheless, Steve Gooden, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham shun. First of all, I know you monitored the debate as much as your good stomach. Give me your ideas of what happened last night with a great debate for Mayor.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I think anybody that watched that debate that didn't conclude that our mayor is a petty, didn't skinned individual who has no business in an office like that, They weren't seeing the same thing I saw. It's all attack. It's all trying to paint everyone he disagrees with as a mega fashion extremists. He has nothing he can say about his record, nothing to say about the gun battle on Walnut Street on Monday night at five o'clock in the afternoon when people were leaving their offices, where two idiots got into a fight and started shooting and one of them got shot in the hand. It was just he has nothing to say about the new crime stats this week that show property crimes up more than one hundred percent downtown, that now shows that downtown is our most violent neighborhood. Of all the neighborhoods that starts the West End, Avondale, other places where we've seen gun violence, Downtown is the worst. He didn't talk about our restaurants being down twenty to twenty five percent. He didn't talk about this River Roots Festival having to cancel all their acts because of poor ticket sales because people are afraid to come downtown. He didn't talk about any of that. He just tried to say that Corey Bowman was some sort of an extremist or something, and you know, it was just it was a disgrace.
Speaker 1: You know, a few mothers. A few years ago, the Tall Stacks came here. It was well attended, people going nuts. All the cruises were sold out, the dinner cruises, etc. People downtown. It was all great stuff. It was good. Now that we have river Roots is happening, and no one knows that. I was unaware until I saw Paula and her toadies a couple of nights ago talking about river Roots. I'm thinking, what is that? And so you're telling me something I suspected. There's no buzz, there's no feeling that those in Boone, Kenton, Campbell, those in Butler, Warren, those in Columbus want to come to downtown Cincinnati, get a hotel room, walk around Fountain Square, maybe with kevlar on, go to the shores of the Ohigh, look at these old river boats, get some rubber chicken, then go back to the room if they're alive. And so that to me is a clear indicator indicator about what's happening with river Roots, which is a dud. And I would think the mayor would say, you know what these are? The Paula this is the last four years on crime, Support the police, support the firefighters. We need affordable housing, We need better healthcare clinics, we need better programs of one type or another.
Speaker 3: None of that was.
Speaker 1: He can't defend his record. So it's Tora Tora against Corey Bowman. So let's talk about number one crime you're downtown a lot. You're a big time lawyer in addition to being unfortunately running for city council. What have you discerned the last two or three years the safety of downtown Cincinnati that those around the region, no I'm not going down there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what's happening. I mean, you see it. You know. Look, I have an office right up this street. I lived downtown for years, and I can tell you it is less safe than it was four years ago. They used COVID as an excuse to pull back on some of the policing. We have a police staffing crisis, which we've known for many years. There's not enough officers to walk the beat, and a lot of the officers are approaching retirement. Agent cannot be made under the contract to work mandatory over time. It's a disaster. It's not safe. People want to use our downtown. We have all these beautiful new attractions, new buildings, new restaurants, but they're suffering. And I look, you know it's so bad now that the Inquirer has a regular column every month that tells you which restaurants closed They've got there. Keith panned off. He's a great writer for the actually does a column on closures and openings. Okay, so, and there's always more closures and openings, and most of them ru in that downtown area. It's killing these small businesses. There are people who have put their entire lives, savings, everything on the line to try to open small businesses there because they were told, Look, the city's investing it over the Rhine, investing in downtown. But if you don't invest in public safety, all the buildings, all the rehabs in the world don't make sense. If people are afraid of getting shot, they're a free to getting shot. And on this River Roots Tall Stack thing, I mean, you know, all the music acts, all the big music acts, they had to cancel and pull away. I mean they lost millions on this thing, I'm told. And because the last time we had a music festival, the Cincinnati Music Festival, the Old Jazz Fest, we made international news because of the attack on this Holly and those people and the Fourth Street beat down as they call it. So of course the older people with people who have options and want to choose word to spend their money, they're not going to come down and take that risk. And we also go I mean, my daughter runs a restaurant over in Covington, that Covington and Bellevue were the ones that are reaping the benefit. They have lines out the door from people who don't want to come downtown because it's safe because you can see police officers walking around Covington. Yes, because Bellevue has lights and they haven't made so you know, people are voting with their feet. And it's to the dutchment of everyone. And this is the council and active. They don't want to talk about it. They have to go negative because they really have nothing else to say.
Speaker 1: And on Borough Love and Kevin had an headline the other day about on the great debate is the National Guard needed in Cincinnati? Instead of asking the question why is the National Guard needed in Cincinnati? What are the policies of the current administration that incentivize criminals and disincentivized police. One of the great statements in Last Night is about all the crime. We're enabling police to do their job, is what f Ted Piroval says. We're enabling police to do their job.
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: There's millions of dollars being spent on social welfare programs that could have hired an additional two underd police officers instead of hiring cops. They're paying arm robbers one thousand dollars a month as part of an ambassador program not to commit any more armed robberies, including travel vouchers to other American cities. Plus, I'm told some of the council candidates have Iris Roley and others that are being enabled to go after council candidates personally, and of course Iris Roly can do that. She makes one hundred and six or more thousand dollars a year as an ambassador of type. She's the implementer of the so called so called initiative to improve the relationship between the city and the cops, and she's being paid to attack. Can you explain, have you been the subject of an attack because the collaborative representative, not an employee of the city, making more than comps and firefighters, is being incentivized under the collaborative to attack council candidates that don't like have tad purerival. Have you been subjected to that?
Speaker 2: I had been subjected to skating, although I think in effective attacks by miss role Lee, particularly online. And look, here's the way it works. This is the new version of patronage at city Hall. You know, they do have civil service protections for full time employees. They can't get involved in politics. So what they do is they give these big contracts to so called consultants or to nonprofits. A lot of them are bogus, and that's how they defund the police. They fund the money to these places. So Iris, you know, used to be an activist outside the city Hall and some of the stuff she did was good, some of it was bad, but she was on her own time and she had a right to do it. Now she has a paid city content and through a loophole, is not subject to civil service protections and is clearly being used to attack people like me that they see as being you know, actually, I think the attacks are good news for me because it means they must have some polling that show people like me and Smitham and others are in the hunt. But yes, they've come after me. It's very clearly coordinated. She and Damon Lynch. You know, hundreds of people from I guess from these church communities that they associate with, are on Facebook and other places attacking me. My favorite is a guy that keeps calling me, well it gives me a white piece of dog crap every day I post something. He puts that on there actually doesn't say crap, but I guess I can't say the full thing here. And my other favorite is one who keeps calling me, quote a mediocre douchebag, which which is particularly offensive because I thought I was an extraordinary douchebag. I really work hard at it, so I was really hurt by that. The mediocre part really hurts. But this is the kind of stuff they do, and these are tax dollars paying this woman who has no real metrics. We can't tell what she does with her days, but she's out there not promoting the mayor but attacking his critics. Well, now that should bother anybody who from a taxpayer standpoint.
Speaker 1: Does she put in forty tough hours a week? Is she up there eight o'clock on Monday morning, she'll be reporting to the collaborative. And then what happened a few months ago is when she interfered with arrest and over the rhine the police union Ken Kobra wanted her arrested. In fact that he told the cops the next time she interferes with an arrest, arrest her and that's the number one said. That's exactly what she wants. She wants to be a victim. So how can anyone say Iris Rowlie is performing collaborative work when she has no work schedule, she has no job. She collects serious money. I understand, a three year contract worth four hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year in order to collaborate with who about what? And how can you be attacked when you're not in office at all? And those in office not performing or not attacked explain that one to me?
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you, I mean, I mean, apparently she's curious at me because I went on the VXU radio program and had the temerity to criticize her arrangement. And we've also called out the fact publicly that she's got her son working for her company. So again, if she were an actual civil servant, the nepotism rules would apply. So she's funneling money to her son as a full time or a part time employee making forty five hundred bucks a month. And again there's no metrics, there's no time sheets. From what we can tell, I mean, we don't know what they're doing or not doing. But I can also tell you this when I talked to King Kober, and I talked to my friends at the FOP, who I am proud endorsed our candidacy. Her actions are one of the number one, probably the number two issue with morale. Number one is staffing by far, but number two it's having people like Iris reporting to the mayor and the city manager or who are openly critical of police, not just individual officers but out there interfering with the rests, but just critical of police in general, and calling to defund the police by steering money toward her program. This awful community responders thing they have. They've got a couple millions stuck into that where they send social workers out to crime scenes to do god knows what. Eventually when I'm gonna get shot. And I always say, if you want to see how they're really defunding the police, drive over some of these speed humps that they spent tens of millions of dollars on. They're using those as an excuse not to bring officers into patrol. The speed humps are a form of defunding the police. It's tens of millions of dollars. There's a whole recruit class plus in those speed humps, and they just don't want the officers out there doing traffic inter addiction anymore and writing tickets. It's one of the reasons we have so many guns, frankly, because a lot, as you know from practicing criminal law, a lot of guns are recovered at traffic stops. That's just part of how it happens. So we don't really meaningfully do traffic in the city anymore on the speed humps. And that's a form of defunding the police. That's the kind of thing that she's Those are the initiatives she and people like that have been pushing.
Speaker 3: That can't be true.
Speaker 1: Crazy, None of this is true because the mayor said he enables police to do their job, you know that. And the other thing he said is affordable housing. I like to know, and Kevin Aldridge push pushed back on this. What is affordable housing the people's judge and I, you know, want to downsize a little bit. Every now and then I look at Oakley or Hyde Park. God knows, I never lived downtown or OTR, but we wouldn't mind living in Oakley or maybe Hyde Park and say we looked at these new housing being constructed on at Oakley. It's going to be home a rama. Do you know what it costs at the minimum price to go in Oakley?
Speaker 2: I can only guess you're in the four to five grand a month in some of those for the departments.
Speaker 1: From what I understand, Well, if you want to buy one, it's one point three to one point six million, I say one point three to one point six million in Oakley. And if you want to have a rental, if you want to run a place in and around hyde Park Square, it's forty five hundred dollars a month. And so I would ask the average American is one point three million? Is that affordable?
Speaker 3: Secondly, is forty five hundred dollars a month for an apartment? Is that affordable?
Speaker 1: So instead of talking about, well the last four years, give me some results on affordable housing or development like the Hyde Park debacle, Instead of doing that, he talks about our plan provides more affordable housing.
Speaker 3: What the hell does that mean? It's untethered the reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, nobody knows what affordable housing means when they talk about it. I mean, if you're getting really technical, and I do a lot of work in this world with development, what he's really talking what I guess he's trying to talk about, is this you know, income restricted housing that the federal government pays for, you know, through HUD dollars that they're trying to push. They're pushing it on the same neighborhoods over and over, like the West End and Bond Hill and Price Hill, and they don't want anymore. They've at it with that kind of affordable housing. But what the what they typically call what these developers called naturally occurring affordable housing, which is you know, reasonable rents because of good supply. We don't have that. Because of the way our the city tax abatements have worked. They're incentivized to build these really high end units and get really high rents and try to get really high stuff. I mean, maybe iHeart will co sign with you on a on a million dollar mortgage at the end, maybe you could talk about that like some of your contracts. But it is not affordable to the average person. This Hyde Park development thing, the battle there. Those apartments were going to go for forty five hundred a month. Yeah, and they portrayed that as anyone who was against that, They said, you're a nimby who's against affordable housing. It's just nonsense. I mean, forty five hundred dollars a month it did me to qualify for that is you know, you would need an income well.
Speaker 1: Over two hundred ran well six sixty thousand a year in rent. And so if that's thirty percent of what you're making, you'd have to make two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars to maybe two fifty after paying taxes. And that it doubt and af TAB Pierreval says that's affordable to buy something in Oakley one point three million, or to get an apartment in Hyde Park is forty five hundred dollars. That's affordable. And he stands up there and I'm one last issue. I'm told we are awaystation to the glories of the administration of af Tab Pureval, either in Columbus or Washington, DC, whether it's the clerk's office, running for the Congress. He didn't want to become the mayor. It happened because of what happened to PG Sittingville. That's the only reason. So he's on his way to glory. And now he's going to use all of his success in Cincinnati to launch a nationwide or statewide campaign for something af TAB for Ohio.
Speaker 3: How would that fly in Steubenville.
Speaker 2: I think you know, I'm told he already has all those website domain names purchased, but I think he may as well just make he may as well just retire those black because you know my understanding, islack. Look, you know I've talked from our friends and well I think he's well, first they're going to sue him. I think that's some like intellectual property copyright infringement that'll catch up with him. But this poor guy is going to have a hard time if you ever run statewide. I mean, this guy has been not just not endorsed by the police union, but the FOP. They voted no confidence in it in his performance, and that will haunt him throughout the rest of his political career if indeed he has one.
Speaker 3: But courts have some was station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well he did a number on the courthouse too. A lot of these judges that he handpicked and selected and encouraged to run are the ones that are letting these people out on low bond. So he has been a very consequential figure in town, both in the courthouse and at city hall, and in a very bad way. So he's got a record that will haunt him everywhere.
Speaker 3: Save good and keep being a douchebag.
Speaker 2: It comes naturally to me. Thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 1: Now you're a lawyer, so that it fits well, Steve good and thank you very much. We get the government we deserve. Let's continue with more Steve.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 1: Next, that's your home of non douchebags. News Radio seven hundreds WLW. Get the music, Dave Katon, Here we go Friday afternoons. Big things happening, tother and fro. Just heerd from Steve Gooden. On Monday or Tuesday of next week. I want to get on Linda Matthews, the Avondale Community Council and Chris Smitherman, if at all possible, I know he's busy and more to see if I can help as a positive change agent for the city of Cincinnati. I always like to think I have hope, no matter how dark it is. I continue to believe optimism will reign supreme in the long run, and that Cincinnati, Hamilton County, the tried state, in the long run will be better because there are so many good people with good intentions. Democrat and Republicans that may look at things different politically, but we all want the same goal. We all want the same end. So when Steve Gooden points out what's happening in our city, and instead of the mayor and city council members trying to defend its record, which they can't defend, they go on attack, tora tora, tora against those who would dare oppose them. And this is a difficult environment for an independent and or for a Republican. Even though I'm proud to have the vice president living in Hyde Park, jd. Vance, we haven't had too many presidential vice presidential individuals living in Cincinnati for a very long time. I do know that in the last election, as Kevin Aldridge pointed out last night at the inquir the moderator on the debate, and by the way, I think Aldredge did a pretty good job. That's seventy seven percent of Cincinnati voters voted for Kamala Harris and they voted against Donald Trump. And whether you like it or not, Corey Bowman is associated with JD. Vance, who is his half brother. Now they have severe policy differences, but that's okay. One thing Corey Bowman is going to do is never speak ill about JD. Vance's half brother, and so I get that completely, and so ultimately is going to be up to you living in the city of Cincinnati, to make change. I'm told by the experts here that about twelve percent of my audiences in the city of Cincinnati, about thirty five percent is in Hamilton County, about thirty percent or so is in northern Kentucky, and about twenty five to thirty percent is in the rest of Ohio, Indiana and the world.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, even though we disproportionately cover the events in the city of Cincinnati, it is the heart that beats the tri state. Without a functional heart, a body's not going to work real well, and right now the heart is not working. Democrats have told me that after Peerival fell into this thing because the PG Sitting felt being indicted, and as I've said many times in many places, PG Sitting felt, in my view, should not have been indicted. And I guess he was pardon and I think his case is still pending before the US Supreme Court, but I'm not sure they criminalized politics go after people like PG Sittenfeld and Matt Borges, the former chair of the Republican Party who just got out of jail. Those individuals do not belong in jail. If they did something terribly wrong, I would say community service, pay a fine. But to waste forty thousand dollars a year on individuals like pg Sittingfeld in prison or Matt Borges is a complete waste of time and money. But nonetheless, I regress. There are a few examples of a far left wing democratic, liberal progressive some say Marxist government losing grip of its power in a blue city. In fact, I'm not sure there is an example other than possibly the city of Dallas, where the Democratic mayor African American announced two years ago he can't take it anymore. He left the Democratic Party because its policies left him, and the mayor of Dallas, Texas became a Republican.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, So it does happen.
Speaker 1: Do I think after have peer of all or lemon Kearney or Scottie Johnson's going to become a Democrat anytime, it's going to become a Republican. I don't think so, But nonetheless I always have hope. So if two or three members of council could be kicked off who are not performing and have normal people put on, like Liz Keating or Chris Smitherman or Lynda Matthews or Steve Gooden. That would be one small step in the right direction. Now will the city voter take that step? I'm told they will. An individual's they white liberals who live in Hyde Park and Oakley are uniting with other community councils, some forty nine or fifty strong to say we can't live like this. How can you have a mayor talk about affordable housing when new housing in the city costs one point three million dollars when rents are four to five thousand dollars a month. And last night f Ted Piraval talked completely about well we worked toward affordable housing. Well one with a work beat completed, it will not be completed. Their policies cause rents to rise. Their policies cause construction costs to increase. In New York City. When Ma'mdanni the Kami once rent freezes, that means that those who build apartment buildings aren't going to build any more apartment buildings. They can't afford to build them. That means there's a limited supply of housing and when there's a limited supply an unlimited demand, guess what the price goes up. And when you have rent freezes, the price really goes up. In other areas, one or two may benefit, like Mamdani himself living in a rent subsidized apartment, But there's no indication in the cities of New York or in Cincinnati that anyone's putting up a whole bunch of brand new affordable apartment buildings. I see construction if you check the price on that, and it begins with a fifteen year tax abatement. So that means the developers, the owners put up a slop up apartment buildings, charge three to five thousand dollars a month in rent, they get the taxbatements, and about five or six years down the road they sell out to nationwide interests, cash in a big paycheck, and then the city's left holding the bag after fifteen years with grossly increasing the rents because property taxes skyrocket, which means though seeking to rent after fifteen years are going to have to pay four to five thousand dollars a month. That is not affordable housing, just the opposite. And the number one job of government is of course public safety. The mayor talks about incentivizing and enabling police to do their job.
Speaker 3: What hell does that mean?
Speaker 1: Talk to cops, talk to law enforcement, talk to deputy sheriffs, talk to the FBI, talk to the US Marshall Service. Whether the City of Cincinnati leadership incentivizes have to do their job, absolutely not. They disincentivize that they don't want them in. I had on Chrmaine mcguffrey, the sheriff, about a month or so ago. She pointed out that in a little bit of time they did patrol parts of downtown Cincinnati, they offered more than they had, more than three hundred citations being issued. They seized numerous guns, executed warrants on many individuals who had warrants out for their arrest, when the city police are not incentivized to do any of that. And they had the Punch and Judy show about six weeks ago in which the governor came in. I think Mike DeWine was used and abused by f to have pureval to act as if the authorities are coming into the City of Cincinnati, and they were not coming in. It was two days a month, two shifts a month, and that didn't happen either. It's all a facade to get us past the November fourth election, that's all it is. And those who claim to care deeply about the city of Cincinnati show to enact policies that reflect that caring. To have a functional community, to have lower price housing, to have safe streets, that's what's required. And the policies of this administration provide just the opposite. And secondly, on a kind of a unrelated issue, I'm watching an interview with the governor of Oklahoma Governors did on one of the channels might have been on YouTube in the last day or two. He brought up a rather important point which I've hooked onto. You know, God helps those who helped themselves, and if the citizens of the city of Cincinnati do not want to help themselves, why should state government or the FEDS come in to bail them out. When the inquir had a big headline about should the National Guard come to Cincinnati, underlying the question is the fact that it's arguable whether the National Guard should be here because too much crime is in the city of Cincinnati. The number one area of our city, herting is the Central Business District. I'm told by the powers that be the CBC and others. That tremendous pressure is being put on the mayor and the chief of Police to do their damn job in the Central Business District. Have you noticed that Proctor and Gamble, also known as Proctor and God, is enlarging their facilities in Mason, Ohio?
Speaker 3: Have you seen that?
Speaker 1: I went out to see my good friend doctor Tara Harden the dentistry to the Stars. She's the best there is that donal work is Tara Harden and Mason. I drove by and on the right I saw the huge Proctor and God facility being grossly expanded in Mason to take jobs from Cincinnati into Mason. Have you seen that now? Why do you think that's happening. It's because the managers, the employees, those in charge of the Dolly Parton towers in downtown Cincinnati do not want their employees to be unsafe. They're moving out of the city of Cincinnati more and more. I talked to the restaurant tours in downtown business is down twenty to thirty percent. I look at the so called River Day's Tall Stacks event happening on the river. Guess what it's empty? Citizens they're not going there. The bands have been canceled, tours have been canceled. People are voting with their feet by saying it is unsafe in the city of Cincinnati. We don't want to go there now. That is a major major problem. It will take And by the way, Procter and Gamble is not anytime soon going to vacate their twin towers in downtown Cincinnati, but slowly incrementally, whether it's Kroger or whether it's a Fifth Third Bank, or whether it's Procter and Gamble, other large employers, they are leaving the city of Cincinnati, and there goes to tax base. We're going to look like downtown Detroit or downtown Toledo. That's a big issue. Now, to get back to one of my original points. If a city is not willing to help itself, if the voters of Chicago, Portland, d c Atlanta, Memphis, Cincinnati do not want to vote for change and reformation.
Speaker 3: Why should the rest of us come help them?
Speaker 1: That Donald, by the way, the Nobel Peace Prize should be known as the Donald Trump Peace Prize. Don't give him the award, name the damn Prize after him. That's a different issue. But if the citizens of Chicago keep voting for individuals like Lori Lightfoot and Brandon Johnson, and if we keep voting for people have to have pierrival, If we keep saying that's what we want in the city of Cincinnati, why should the rest of the state, the region of the nation come to your defense.
Speaker 3: Live with it.
Speaker 1: Don't put the men and women of the National Guard at risk going from Texas to Chicago. I hate to say this, but I agree with Pritzer in this one limited area the Governor of Illinois that the National Guard from Texas should not be in the city of Chicago because they don't know where the streets are, don't know the personalities involved, don't know where they're going. And the other thing is Chicago has got to help itself. And so the argument here in Cincinnati by the Inquirer is should the National Guard come to Cincinnati? Underlying that is the fact that it's arguable whether it's needed here. If that's the case, why want the citizens of Cincinnati change their elected leadership whose policies caused these conditions. Does this make sense to you? I can't imagine. I live in Sycamore Township, But Tom Weidman at all, and if somehow Tom Weiedman and the leadership with Sycamore Township did not want law enforcement the National Guard to come to Sycamore Township because it was perceived that Sycamore Township had a terrible crime problem, a murder problem, shots fired, drug use, massive lawlessness. It's up to Wei and Sycamore Township to say, you know what, we got to get rid of the tracys. We got to get rid of Tom Weiedman. That's what we would do. I'm not going to vote that way in Sycamore Township because things are pretty damn good. We have law enforcement. We have a contract with the Sheriff's Department. They do a great job. Likewise, in the City of Cincinnati, if you're not willing to help yourself, why should some other city, state, or region come to your aid and defense when number one, your political leadership say don't do it, and number two you vote for those leaders. The city of Chicago voted for Brandon Johnson or Lori Lighthead. They get for years, they've kept fools New York, the Blasio, New York Adams. I guess mom, Donnie is next. So why should Ohio National.
Speaker 3: Guard go to New York City when New York City is not willing to help itself. So I think this is the election where you living in the city, the twelve percent or so of my listeners living in the city. If you're not willing to change and go a different direction, why should the rest of us save your ass? Why? I don't know.
Speaker 1: So when Governors stood of Oklahoma gave that interview a couple of days ago on YouTube, he would resist sending oak Lahoma National Guard to Portland, Oregon. He said, these are okies, these are my men and my women. I don't want them going on thousand miles away because the citizens in those cities and states do not help themselves. And I would say to my friends in the city of Cincinnati, you don't have to live like this.
Speaker 3: There's a better way.
Speaker 1: You can't have better schools, you can't have safer streets, you can't have more functioning economic activity. And may God help us if Fifth Third Bank or Procter and Gamble or Kroger says, you know what, it is dangerous for our employees to be here. Shots fired on Fountain Square. A shootout on Fountain Square a couple of days ago, as our employees were leaving work and we can't take this anymore.
Speaker 3: It's too expensive. So chill on that.
Speaker 1: One for a while. Let's continue. After one o'clock today will be a report from the nation's capital from the Hill dot Com. Then after two o'clock today, I'm going to try to put a call into the to Austin Elmo. Austin Elmo, who's walking the sacred grounds of lambeau Field to see how things being prepared in Green Bay for the arrival of the Bengals and Joe Flacco and things of that character. Let's continue. But God helps those who help themselves. The citizens of Cincinnati need to help themselves. And if you don't see the problems, if you want to maintain the status quo of high crime, terrible schools, depacherous misbehavior, failing businesses, that's on you. We're not going to save you. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW Bill Cunningham, The Great America. Many doings now in Washington, d C. In addition to the Phase one of the peace deal with Gaza slash Israel appears to be in effect, we also have the shutdown. It's getting the day ten that is not even in session until Tuesday next week, and all the politicking is going on.
Speaker 3: What is happening in Washington?
Speaker 1: Joining you and I now is Brett Samuels, who's the White House correspondent for The Hill, also does work with News Nation, And Brett Samuels, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, let's deal with the Israel situation. Phase one appears to be operational the cabinet. Bob's Cabinet has approved forty eight hours begin sometime on Monday. Allegedly the hostages are going to be released. And I watch all the coverage left and right, back and forth on this deal, and how much credit I watch MSNBC many times. Other Americans don't have to, and they're not giving a lot of credit to Donald Trump. They're saying, essentially that Donald Trump is continuing the policies of Joe Biden, and Joe Biden's policies resulted in this. Can you talk from the Hill perspective in Washington? How does this play out politically in Washington, DC?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think you're in Washington.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, President Trump is actually getting a fair amount of credit for laying the foundation for this, for his role in this, and especially for his team's role in these talks. Obviously Steve Whitcoff and Jared Kushner, who is not you know, serving in a formal government role, that served in the first term, and it's the president's son in law. You know, they were over in the Middle East, in Egypt and in Israel trying to kind of get this deal across the finish line. Mark or Rubio has been very involved in a lot of this, and so Republicans especially are really giving the Trump administration a lot of credit. And I think we're seeing Democrats, you know, begrudgingly perhaps giving some credit to the administration here. You know, we're seeing them, you know, certainly praise the deal, praise the prospect of peace in the Middle East and a pause to the fighting in Gaza, even if some of them aren't naming President Trump in their statements. That's sort of uh, you know, it's it's pretty clear kind of what's what the implication is. So, you know, I think, you know, even Trump's critics maybe are are kind of sciously optimistic. I think it's fair to say that maybe this deal will hold you.
Speaker 3: Know, one aspect to this deal.
Speaker 1: You you're reporting on is that it wasn't well publicized that two hundred American soldiers are going to be part of the so called peacekeeping force. And one thing I know all of us feel like, why put American soldiers, men and women at risk in the Middle East? I think that pulling on that was eighty ninety percent. Don't do it? So do we know yet where they're coming from?
Speaker 3: Are they?
Speaker 1: Are they the main force? What is the main When Phase two is implemented sometime I guess after Monday or Tuesday, when all the hostages are out and the body bags have been delivered to Israel, what is the main reason two hundred American soldiers will be somewhere in Gazo or Israel?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: How is that going to happen? And why is that not well reported?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the White House is I think, you know, one of the reasons that there's still some questions about it is because the White House has said that some of this is still being sort of sorted out and finalized here. But you know, the White House has stressed that that these U. S forces aren't going to be in Gaza, that they will likely be in Israel and sort of near the Gaza border. You know, they've also kind of uh tried to clarify essentially that these are our US troops who are already stationed in the region and they're being kind of repositioned, that these aren't necessarily uh you know, troops being deployed from the US sent over to the Middle East. But essentially their role here is that in the immediate aftermath of this this agreement, uh, there's there's this peacekeeping force. Essentially, this uh, this force uh of the will be made up of the US of Egyptian forces, Katari forces, and some others uh, and their role is to essentially make sure that this peace deal, the initial phase is implemented. You know, they're sort of uh ensuring that there's no ongoing skirmishes or fighting happening as Israel's were drawing its forces from parts as these hostages are being returned. Long term, I think there are still some questions about kind of what this peace keeping force looks like, whether the US is involved with that on the ground, but these two hundred troops seem to be sort of in the interim essentially just overseeing to make sure that this pcceal actually goes through.
Speaker 1: Assuming we would talk Monday afternoon or Tuesday or Wednesday, assuming phase one is completed. Phase one is a ceasefire, IDF pullback Hamas, releases all living and dead hostages. That there's something in the order of two thousand Palestinian, many of whom are terrorists, are going to be released sometime Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, including several who have killed. I saw one report out of Israel that one of the hot one of these so called Palestinians being released as someone who murdered thirteen israelis that guy's going to be released too, So assuming that happens, assuming Monday or Tuesday, phase one is completed, Phase two involves rebuilding Gaza, disarming Hamas, and a permanent cease fire. That'd be great, That'd be wonderful. Rebuilding Goz it could be a five to ten year process. Disarming Hamas is the one that stands out to me. Hamas's charter calls for the death the killing of every Jew and Westerner. Disarming Hamas is that realistic?
Speaker 4: I think that's definitely, you know, the big question as we look forward here, and you know, I think some Trump administration officials have acknowledged that there's there are some ways that this agreement could go wrong, and that that's why they're really trying to keep the pressure on all parties make sure everyone's following through on their commitments. I think folks are kind of clear out here that there are some potential pitfalls.
Speaker 2: Potential risks.
Speaker 4: But I think that's also a sign of this deal that was negotiated, and maybe you know, points to how the Trump administration was able to get Israel to agree to this despite some of those concerns.
Speaker 2: The fact that you know, this isn't a deal that.
Speaker 4: Necessarily is perfect for Israel, certainly given some of what they're being asked to do as far as with drawing troops, trusting Hamas to file through on their end, et cetera. So I think right now folks are kind of hoping that they can get through phase one, that they can get the hostage really especially, and then they'll kind of tackle Phase two from there and hope that they can kind of the keep the momentum going.
Speaker 1: It'd be interesting if Hamas would change his charter and say we want to live in peace with Israel. That would be interesting, and without the barrel.
Speaker 4: Of they will be quite the accomplishment.
Speaker 1: If that happens, Nobel Peace Prize. Hell, they should call it a Donald Trump Peace Prize. If he can get Hamasta, disarm and rebuild Gaza and have the ceasefire and Palestinian statehood and the International peacekeeping Force and Palestinian bureaucrats running Gaza. If that happens, let's call it the Donald Trump Peace Prize. Forget about giving it to them. Name it after them.
Speaker 4: Would you agree, Yeah, you know, it's I'm sure we'd see plenty of Republicans and calling for just that.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to issue too, which is a shutdown that affects Americans directly, and a little bit of history. In January, February and March of twenty twenty one, as part of the so called COVID relief packages, the government stepped up and is paying a chunk of the monthly premiums of something to the range of twenty five million Americans so they can go on to the so called Obama exchanges to get health insurance for themselves and for their family. And it grew from two to three million and twenty eleven, twenty twelve to twenty five million today. And these so called subsidies are government benefits involve individuals making as much as five hundred thousand dollars a year. Now we're talking about some serious money. And Marjorie Taylor Green, who's a firebrand from the right, is angry that she may not get about fifteen hundred dollars a month subsidy when she makes about three hundred thousand dollars a year. So, if you're a working stuff somewhere in somewhere in Iowa or Minnesota, Ohio, and you find out that the government is subsidizing the health insurance premium of those making three hundred thousand dollars a year, I think most Americans would say, let's discontinue that subsidy.
Speaker 3: I think they would say that.
Speaker 1: And the cost of this over about a ten year period, it's in the range of four hundred billion dollars. Now we're talking about some serious money. So and the tenth day that Democrats are voting now to keep government shut down and the Republicans are voting to open government up. However, the Republicans floated this trial balloon this morning.
Speaker 3: I read that they want to limit the subsidies.
Speaker 1: The Republicans say to two hundred thousand dollars a year of government help instead of five hundred thousand, and Democrats don't want that one. So can you tell the American people in a capsule what is this shutdown about?
Speaker 4: Well, it's obviously the shutdown is essentially a messaging war here where Democrats are arguing that these subsidies need to be extended. I think you know, as you and I both know, when you give a government service like this and people start to use it, and you point it out that millions of people are using the subsidy, taking advantage of it, it's hard to take it away. And you know, democrats argument is that if you take the subsidy away, you let it expire. Healthcare premiums are going to spike, people are going to pay more, and so their argument is that they will only vote to fund the government if these subsidies are extended. Now, Republicans seem to have the upper hand initially, I think when they essentially were able to say, you know, Democrats have voted for a bill to fund the government many times before, they should do it again and then will negotiate extending these healthcare subsidies. I think you know, a problem has sort of emerged for Republicans in recent days where you have people like Marjorie Taylor Green, who obviously has a huge platform, who is basically accusing her own party of not doing enough to address rising healthcare costs, you know, saying that there's a real issue that affects her family, affects her constituents. And you know, you see in the shock of all shocks, Democrats, you know, essentially embracing Marjorie Taylor Green fighting her comments in their own arguments. So it's, yeah, it's become sort of this this drawn out messaging war where initially Republicans thought Democrats would fold rather quickly. Now Democrats field kind of, you know, galvanize and feel like maybe momentum is on their side a bit in sort of the political struggle over this shutdown.
Speaker 1: But Brett Samuels, let me give you a quote from the great Milton Friedman. He's on the mount Rushmore Conservatism in my book, Milton Friedman said about thirty five years ago the following, Once you habituate Americans to some generous government handout, they grow dependent on it, and it becomes politically perilous, if not impossible, to fully claw it back. So if I I would say to American my producer Tony Bender, do you think government should subsidize the healthcare premium cost of a person making three hundred thousand dollars a year, he would probably say he wouldn't say no, he'd say hell no, let her pay her own premiums. But on the other hand, as Milton Freeman said, once you habituate to Americans a generous government handout at STANMD near impossible to call it back. And that's where we are today. And I would add this. The Washington Post, not exactly, a right wing publication, issued an editorial eleven days ago in which has said, quote Obamacare was never actually affordable unquote. So going back to twenty ten, you might remember, if you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. And health care costs are going down. They only went down because government subsidies were so generous that they organized about twenty five million Americans to get a government benefit. And God help you if you think some person make it three hundred a year should not get a government benefit. Marjorie Taylor Green is now rubbing her hands saying, oh no, we have to keep the subsidy for me, and that's kind of sad. Now, lastly, get out your crystal ball, Brett Samuels of The Hill, White House Correspondent, How does this end in a week or two or does it go on ad infinitum? And will there be massive government cuts the Democratic programs? According to Donald Trump? Get out your crystal ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's hard hard to predict anything in Donald Trump's Washington, I think, but you know, I think, you know, there doesn't really seem to be a clear off ramp here. It's not really clear kind of what the compromise would be in the short term. So it does seem this is going to go on at least through next week.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Kim Jeffries, the Democratic leader in the House, you know, he previously suggested that this wouldn't wouldn't the government wouldn't still be shut down by November first, So maybe by the end of the month we'll have a resolution, But you know, it's hard to say with much confidence of what happened before that. So yeah, you know, it certainly seems like folks should kind of buckle up and sort of strap in for at least another week of this, if not a little bit more.
Speaker 1: It's interesting how politics is played. And at this point, the polling indicates the average voter blames the Republicans more than Democrats, you know, garbage in, garbage out. So when the media and the mainstream media only reports the fallacies of the Republican argument, leave the Democratic argument alone, likely garbage in, garbage out. The American people will regurgitate what they're being told and what they're seeing and what they're hearing. But Brett Samuel's White House correspondent, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. We'll see what happens. It's going to be interesting. But the Nobel Peace Prize should be the Nobel Donald Trump Prize. And if that happens, then that'll be the headline. Have you seen the headline of the Babylon b that Hitler saves Israel?
Speaker 3: Not a bad headline.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 4: We'll see what they come up with next.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thank you, Brett Samuels, Thank you very much. Let's continue.
Speaker 1: One other headline I would put in that Trump can negotiate with Hamas he just can't negotiate with the Democrats. That wasn't the headline, but it ought to be all let's continue with more. But it's interesting that if the American people are told that you're going to get to government subsidy based upon your income that goes up to really five hundred thousand dollars a year, you're going to get to subsidy out of the taxpayer. Most Americans would say, no, keep it lower than that. So the balloon was floated. Well, let's make it two hundred thousand dollars and see if that can fly. And the Democrats say absolutely not because they want to keep the government shut down for reasons unclear. Republicans claim it's because of the primary challenge of AOC against Chuck Schumer. We'll see what happens down the road. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW.
Speaker 3: It is a show.
Speaker 6: Time Hello.
Speaker 3: Biot and I'm Scots. I'm broadcasting. I know Secon.
Speaker 1: A lot of information goes about the boys football program as deer Parks dominating every school except Madeira, and I would say this, how the hell with that?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: Now we have we have golf royalty right here in the studio. Now Madera High School Amazons who finished second because they match was rained out. They would have finished first in the state title. They marched for glory and for some of the judgment sea to God, and we give Fenwick credit.
Speaker 3: They finished and don't forget Roger Bacon who refuses to play Madeerra by the way, but with us today is the head golf coach, Katie Kaufman, and I'm going to talk to Frank Zi Bell, Frank zy Bell about possibly having them sponsor golf balls next year for Madera High School girls team coach.
Speaker 1: First of all, congratulations of Finny second. But you would have been first, but it got rained out. Explain how that happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we definitely would than first. It hasn't rained before and it hasn't rained since. But it rained on that day and they kept delaying us, and they were afraid.
Speaker 3: They were a fright.
Speaker 7: They were afraid of us. They really were.
Speaker 3: They were shaking, shaking in their boots, wet wet glosses. They move it to like the next next day.
Speaker 6: It's hard to do that because they would have had to miss another day of school.
Speaker 3: That's okay, this is more important in school. This is more important. Huh. The team agrees they wouldn't okay to miss another day of school. Oh yeah, yeah, it's rained once in the past forty five days. Not gonna but the one day that madeir was undefeated the entire year. He even tried to play deer Park, but deer Park wouldn't play you correct.
Speaker 6: No, no, they won't feel the team because they're so scared of.
Speaker 1: They're so frightenings they don't even want to play. How'd you do against Indian Hill this year?
Speaker 7: We best at them.
Speaker 3: How about Wyoming, the home of the cow Girls.
Speaker 7: I guess yes, we went over them as well.
Speaker 1: Introduce your great players here. Soon we'll be on the LPGA tour. Coach Kaufman. Who do you have here?
Speaker 6: Two seniors Anaka Rone and Grace Kellett.
Speaker 3: Raise your hand.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm the patch Antilli's granddaughter, right, He's a great American. Live next door to me at seventy two forty three Camrgo Woods Drive. My phone number is five one three two seven one, five seven nine five.
Speaker 3: Please continue.
Speaker 6: I have one junior, Maggie Meyer. Maggie Meyer, and I have three sophomores. I have Brinkley Graves or two sophomore sorry three sorry, Brinkley Graves, Emma Coombs and Ellie Hart time.
Speaker 3: Now you have one player that shot thirty seven on average on nine holes of golf. Is that correct? And you played Augusta National. You played also Beth Page Black, she played there and her average score.
Speaker 7: Is what thirty five?
Speaker 3: Thirty five? Have you thought about the LPGA Tour?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Really to the US, Wryter cuff, you would have beat Europe with this group. We need Katie Cok. We need her in charge of the men's team, right, would you take the job as men's Ryder Cup captain? If you?
Speaker 2: Yeh?
Speaker 3: It only pays two point six.
Speaker 7: Million dollars, I mean I'd ask for more.
Speaker 1: You're taking a pay cut. So it was a highlight of the year for these girls. I mean, well, the matches and everything explain. We'll explain how great this is. Undefeated, untied, unscored on didn't lose a ball all year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly. We lost no balls.
Speaker 6: We didn't lose a match in regular season. We were first at sectionals for the first time in school history, we were second or first at Dick Strict Districts for the first time in school history, and then runner up at state second year in row.
Speaker 1: Well, are you gonna ask Kenji for a raise. A board of education needs to give you more money. Is that correct?
Speaker 7: That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: How about nil money? Got some of that coming?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Segment. Get me into the students report. Please will lead the student reporters of proud service of your local Temestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Northern Kentucky called Johnson Heating and Cooling at eight five, nine, four, seven to two sixty fifty one. Talk to me about the Bengals segment. Talk to me about the Bengal and we also want to thank Lears Prime Market for our lunch today. Willie located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot com. Lears Prime always a cut above. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Time to party Bengals and Packers Sunday in Green Bay, Best Bengals coverage at noon with the Arnold Carriers pregame sports Talk and then presented by the Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers and then kickoff will be four twenty five and then tri State Chevy Dealers postgame show commercial presented by RNL Carriers Live from Buffalo, Wings and Rings and Fairfield. Now this morning. This morning, Jamar Chase went out to practice. What went through the long training matter fell and he left with an illness.
Speaker 1: Probably looked at Joe Flacco said he had no chance. He's going to get sick.
Speaker 3: High School football Tonight action all across a tri state. Wait a minute, you say Jamar Chase may not play well, he's probably I don't know, he's got an illness. Get him intil then get him something. High School Football Tonight show at six ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty. That leads into Saint X and Lasal, Highland's and Elder Joymon, hold on, Katie, who do you like? Give her the scores? Let the coach tell you who's gonna win. Highland's and Elder. Who do you like their elder? Please continue? Cleveland, Saint Eyes and Molar Molar. I'm taking Cleveland, Saint Iyes, Cole Rain and Lakota East. Don't take East. That's it right there. Don't take Cole Rain. The last time you're here, ladies, Middletown and Mason I like the comments. That's where the transmitter is.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with Middletown.
Speaker 3: Very good. That's a good answer. Good answer. Let's see deer Park and Taylor.
Speaker 1: Now, wait a minute, we got the Yellow Jackson's against the Cats. Why are they playing the game segment? I think it's at Taylor. I'm not going there's too far away. I know who are you liking that matchup?
Speaker 2: Kat?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with deer Park.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good, very smarter. A lot of these kids applied to go to deer Park. They didn't get the admission requirements for the educational chief.
Speaker 3: Is that correct? There's that ad l sat to get into deer Park? Right? Girls? College football tomorrow, Willie, you seef the Golden Knights in town to take on our beloved Bearcats at eleven am. I like to Miami and Akron, Ohio State at Illinois, Indiana at Oregon. What do you like in that matchup? The Ducks for the Hoosiers going with Indiana, Baby quack quack. The Dodgers beat the Phillies last night in eon innings two to one. Terrible reliever or Orion kirk Ring Terrible was on the mound of bat ball right back to him, two outs, bases loaded, throws, one wild at the plate, terrible, and the Dodgers win it terrible. Uh So, former UC standout Ean half a three run homer early. The Cubs beat the Brewers. So Game five tomorrow night in Milwaukee. Game five of the America League Division Series tonight, Seattle host Detroit. Do you like it? You like the big dump Inuanio Swarhez and Ken Griffy Junior?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: What about the dumper? One hundred and sixty nine days until opening day? Willie in twenty four days until the official start of college basketball? You know segment.
Speaker 1: Kenji Masuda believes that Madeira has a great educational that their kids are smart. So, with your permission, I'll ask you girls a few questions.
Speaker 3: Academically. Are you prepared?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Who is the governor of the state of Ohio? All right, one of the Five Great Lakes? Write him down? What are they? Eerie Ontario? That's it right there? Who's the Vice President of the United States of America from Cincinnati? The VP? Very good? Right there? Who's the principal of Madera High School? Very good? It is very good? Can't she shaken.
Speaker 1: His said the wrong direction horizontally, not very But you said he was the principal.
Speaker 3: He thinks he is. It's an al, not an elliot at the IC.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, now, Segue, I'm going to have on a little bit of live report from lambeau Field.
Speaker 3: What do the Bengals have to do? A fourteen and a half point dog to kick the crap out of the Packers named after a meat facility beginning in the nineteen twenties, the Packers. What do they have to do? Just play their game? Will he have behind Joe Flacco? That's all they gotta do. Don't worry. He's already played. He's already beaten the Packers once on a thirteen to ten or something.
Speaker 2: Well, so what one?
Speaker 1: So you have hope? Yes, Katy, do you have hope? Because we've got two joes a quarterback. One can't walk because of a broken toe. The other one's released by the Cleveland Browns because he stinks. Now which one you want to be playing quarterback in Green Bay?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but I have hope for whoever?
Speaker 3: Does I have hope to? That's all I have is hope. That's all I have.
Speaker 1: One more question, girls, you ready for another question? What are the states? The border the state of Ohio? No one give anything, think of Ohio geographically?
Speaker 3: What are the states? Give me one correct? Give me another one? Correct another one? No, he's said, Illinois. Hight her up, Illinois.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: So we got we have Kentucky and Indiana, Michigan and one more. That's it right there, Pennsylvania. Kenji, you should be proud, Willie. I couldn't be more proud of these girls. I've watched them grow up. They're not only great golfers, but they're great human beings. I'd rather be a great human being than a great golfer. And with ten years from both, ten years from now, you won't be playing basketball soccer. You'll still be playing golf. Is that correct? They'll be making millions of pros pros, especially the thirty five party, because unbelievable. There's your new partner for Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: I need I might need it tomorrow morning at nine forty five against the great Bartosik and the wine Tunis I need some help at Kenwo?
Speaker 3: No question?
Speaker 1: Well, girls, bengratulations, You've succeeded in golf, Now succeed in life. Play the game of life as well as you play the game of golf. You know what I'm saying, segment get me out of the Students report, Please will he.
Speaker 3: And armor in honor of the Division two golf We'll say Champions Amazon All Hail the champion, Maderra Amazon's we leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 9: Bill Cunningham is a Rets fan and he is about as political an animal as there is on earth, even though he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Hold a public office, no doubt, thank you.
Speaker 9: He also is so well when you when you got a guy four down with four holes to go, and let him come back and beat you in match play at the Kenwood Club Championship, Is that what happened?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 9: Chris Sabo four down with four to go, Sable beat him on the twentieth hole.
Speaker 3: C H O k E. That's built choke all day. That's hard to do.
Speaker 9: Now, all you've got to do is have one hole and you got the match one.
Speaker 3: You're talking about big league player now at oh, no question.
Speaker 9: I mean when they do his handicap, it's not minus something, it's plus sup.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 9: But Bill Cunningham would tell you that his game is second only to the passing of Ben Hogan.
Speaker 3: Second one, that's all false, it's untrue. Yeah, it's all Ai.
Speaker 1: Girls, congratulations and in life, don't be a clown? Do you agree? All right, let's continue with more after two o'clock is a live report from lambeau Field on news radio seven hundred WLW, breaking news out of lambeau Field. In fact, walking in and around lambeau Field is Austin Elmore representing all that is right about sports broadcasting. Austin, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. First of all, Austin, where does life find you?
Speaker 8: As I speak, I am just outside of lambeau Field. I'm looking at the giant scoreboard that says lambeau Field, the beautiful American flags that fly high Packers fans everywhere. It is a beautiful day. Willie in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: What about your Chase? What can you tell me about him? We got a bad report about an hour ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, come to find out, Jamar Chase came down with an illness. He showed up to work today, went through walkthroughs. Zach Taylor said, why don't you go home? Why don't you get some rest? Rest up?
Speaker 3: See if we'll get you back here tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Obviously a weird week because the Bengals play on a Sunday and then right back again on a Thursday. Jamar got an off day earlier this week as well. But there was another Bengal, Shaka Hayward, a backup linebacker, who earlier this week missed the day of practice due to an illness, and he was back the next day. So hopefully just a one day thing for Jamar Chase.
Speaker 1: So it's like a call to flu something like that, Gill little Tama flu. Take some fluids, go home, relax a little bit, watch some baseball playoffs, and away you go. So you're telling me Jamar Chase, we'll play on Sunday.
Speaker 8: The word they said is hopeful. They are hopeful that he plays on Sunday. I guess nothing is guaranteed, but yeah, I mean, I'm sure they have plenty of stuff to fulcome full of vitamin C, gets some sleep and hopefully he can sleep it off.
Speaker 1: Why wasn't on your bucket list to attend the Bengals game at lambeau Field.
Speaker 8: It was on my bucket list to attend any game at lambeau Field. I mean, I love football more than just about anything on planet Earth. And for the last couple of years, you know, I've known that the Bengals are going to be coming to lambeau So I started saving up and I said, no matter what, I'm going to come to Green Bay, I'm going to go to lambeau Field. I'm going to see a game. So here I am, and so far it's been awesome that people are so nice beautiful here and it's literally just a small town with a massive NFL franchise right in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 3: It kind of begins with the Indian Packing Company. The Indian Packing Company convince a person to notate donate money for the uniforms. In the process lent the name Packers of the team. And that's how it started more than one hundred years ago with Curly Lambo because of the Indian Packing Company, and it's been at his present location since the late nineteen fifties. Every game's been sold out since nineteen sixties. So what's that sixty five years of consecutive sellouts about six hundred games. No time soon is not going to end. How much hope do you have?
Speaker 1: Because I monitor everything simultaneously and the line continues to be about fourteen and a half points, which is not good. But what does the addition of Joe Flacco due to the mentality, the psycha, the psychic of the Bengals do the Bengal players now believe they have a chance.
Speaker 8: I would think they do. And the main reason for that is because Jake Browning was so unbelievably bad Willie that they had to do something like That's how bad it was those three games, and especially that first half against Detroit. We're talking Achille Smith levels of bad quarterback play for the Bengals, and he was not being able to do the easy stuff. He didn't know what to do with the ball on an RPO, he didn't know he couldn't get to the ball to Jamar Chase he's one on one. It simple reads. He wasn't getting the ball out of his hand and two of the place that was supposed to go. And so the Bengals are like, all right, we've got to do something here. They look around the league and they decide, okay, well, Joe Flacco can at least read a defense. He can pick up the offense quickly, and he knows throw the ball to Jamar Chase throw the ball to t Higgins. Now, the issue is he's forty years old and he can't move and the offensive line is terrible, which is part of the reason why he's not in Cleveland anymore. It wasn't starting in Cleveland anymore. So I think the basics of the game plan for the Bengals will be, let's not make Joe Flacco a sitting duck. Let's try to do a similar game plan to Jake Browning and hope that Flacco can just at least know where to go with the football and when he does throw it, it'll be accurate.
Speaker 3: Unlike Jake Browning. What does it do for the offensive line?
Speaker 1: Because the problem has been the lack of a running attack and a bad parse offensive line. Nothing about Flacco takes the place of that. And secondly, a couple of years ago, Jake the Snake Browning was so good he was the offensive player of the Week once or twice.
Speaker 3: So two years later he should be two years better. He got two years worse. What happened to him?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's inexplicable, Like I have no way to explain it. It doesn't make sense. It's why the Bengals were so comfortable with riding with Jake. Even after that first you know, rough start, they're like, okay, we know he's got it in them, and that just never came out. And it looked like there was a mental block for Jake. I mean, you could see the way he came off the sidelines. He was bashing his heads into his helmet, he was grabbing onto his face mask, he was screaming like there was clearly a mental block for Jake Browning. And so you need to go to a season veteran in Joe Flacco. And as far as the offensive line's concerned, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I really don't like.
Speaker 8: They're soft, they're slow, they play with a high pad level. They're just not a good group. They're old and you know now they're a little bit beat up. Don't know if Dylan Fairchild, the rookie who's been okay, is going to be able to go. And it looks like Lucas Patrick, one of their offense their free agent signings in the offseason, not quite going to be ready to go. So it's probably gonna be Dalton Reisner, who they signed right before the start of the season, at left guard in a rookie Jalen Rivers at right guard and Ted Carrison the center Orlando Brown Junior at left tackle. Those two have been really bad. So I don't know that the quarterback change changes that much for the offensive line.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, one aspect of this game, the Bengals have a much better procedure. I'm a much better a pair on paper to have a little bit of a positive outlook. As the special teams. For some reason, the Packers kicker I think has been hurt. They have lousy special teams. If it comes down to special teams, the Bengals are in good shape.
Speaker 3: Correct Well, I would hope so.
Speaker 8: But the Bengals gave up a bunch of kick return yards last week that wasn't good. They had a penalty on their safety punt that's not very good. They weren't able to recover a perfect on side kick from Evan McPherson and Ryan Rico kept punting the ball into the end zone. A bunch of touchbacks that wasn't very good. Now you're right, Brandon McMahon, the Packer kicker cropped up with a quad injury. I've been trying to peek through the gates here to see if I can see if he's kicking or not, but I can't tell either way, he might not be able to go, and if so, they might have to bring somebody in last second. But overall, you would feel like, Okay, the Bengals might have a slight advantage there, but that group's been inconsistent too.
Speaker 1: No, I look at this situation, there's no part that's working like it's going to be a super Bowl. The Bengals began this season as the fifth or sixth favorite to win the Super Bowl. We're talking one of the top five or six teams in football. Now they're at the bottom five or six with little or no chance. And I'm told that Joe Burrow may come back and Thanksgiving her a week or two thereafter, he's going to be available the last five or six games of the season. If that's the case, they're two and three. Let's assume they lose to the Packers, make it two and four. Let's assume they beat Pittsburgh and then Tennessee. At that point, believe it or not, there'll be four and four getting ready for a break. Is there hope if those if that scenario happens, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, there's hope, absolutely, especially if you're able to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers at home on a Thursday night, which you should do. And we saw last night the way, you know, the Giants, who many expected to be a pushover team not any good this year, they rolled over the Philadelphia Eagles at home. It's difficult to go on the road in division short week, and that's what Pittsburgh's gonna have to do coming to Cincinnati. So you know, nobody expected really the Bengals to win this game against the Packers from the beginning. So whether or not that matters, I don't know. But if you can still take care of the division games ahead of you, which almost all of them are for the Bengals, two against Baltimore, two against Pittsburgh, one more against Cleveland, they're very much in this thing. Because although Pittsburgh has a good record, they have a negative point differential. It's not like they're dominating teams. They're really not all that great offensively. Rogers hasn't been that good, So it's still all right there for the taking.
Speaker 3: In front of the Bengals.
Speaker 8: You just got to get some sort of momentum going, and I think that's what they're hoping flat goes get to bring a spark.
Speaker 3: Well, you're experts at ESPN. I'm talking about Marcus Spears and Dan and Lofsky is talking about why acquire Flaco.
Speaker 1: One of them said, quote, I don't know what this move is all about. This is desperation. First thing I thought about. Okay, let's bring in a living statue to staying behind that lousy offensive line that get quarterback hits and then get better. That sounds rather stupid to me. Another expert said, well, maybe they brought him in just to it in order to sell tickets. Maybe they had some calls for a younger player that maybe a little bit too much. They traded a bag of footballs and they got Joe Flacco. Why don't you tell Joe Flacco what the experts are saying.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm sure he's well aware of what the experts are saying, but he's also a little too busy trying to learn an offense in seventy two hours because he's going to start on Sunday. So you know, let's not be let's not you know, dance around it here. It is a desperate move. That's exactly what it is. Jake Browning was that bad that they had to go get a forty one year old statue. That's what happened. Like, that's a fat and so you know, desperate times call for desperate measures, will you, And that's what happens when you dip into the nursing home to find your next quarterback.
Speaker 1: I live in desperate times, Elmo, I live desperately. And I would note that on Thanksgiving Day night you had that circled on your schedule. It was Thanksgiving Day game in which Joe Flacco is now going to go against the Baltimore Ravens for a team for which he won a Super Bowl MVP. So assuming that's the case on Thanksgiving Day night and Baltimore appears to be maybe in worse shape than the Bengals, that which is incredible to say, but hopefully Thanksgiving Day night, it will be relevant. It will be important. Well, which team I don't think it's the Bengals that the most disappointing NFL team this.
Speaker 3: Year is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it's hard not to say Baltimore. I mean, that's another team that they had higher Super Bowl odds than the Bengals did. And now Lamar Jackson's staring down the barrel of missing another game. They invested a ton both money and draft picks into their defense, and the defense can't stop a Nosebley. That's why, you know, when it comes to the Bengals Ravens matchups, like, if you still have the offense, if you still have the receivers, like you can score some points on Baltimore. And we saw that last year when the Bengals and Ravens played in both those games. So I don't I don't think those games are just automatic losses, even when you are going there on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: But it's hard not to say.
Speaker 8: Baltimore, I mean, and John Harball, I think is really starting to feel the heat because it's been a long time since they won with Joe Flacco fifteen years ago. So they're gonna have to, you know, get a couple of monkeys off their back and win in the playoffs and go for a run if this season is to be salvaged. And I think they'll be changes in Baltimore if it doesn't, I mean help, They've already started trading guys. They traded a pass rusher earlier this week, so it might just be fire sale mode in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, after this the next three games or Pittsburgh at home, which you think the Bengals might be a slide underdog, and then the Jets at home, and then the Bears at home, and then the bye week, and then it's at the Steelers. So after this they're in the softer part of their schedule. It was perceived the Steelers would be a little bit softer than they are. I don't believe that good. They're that good, but the Jets and the Chicago Bears. I'm trying to be hopeful. I'm trying to do my best, Elmo, to be hopeful. I'm trying to be helpful, you know what I'm saying. I'm trying to look at the positive.
Speaker 8: There is one thing you got to understand is that positivity and negativity neither one of them have bearing on the outcome. They have no bearing on results. So it doesn't matter if you're positive or negative. You just do your best to find the truth, Willy, That's what matters. I seek the truth and everything I do. Yes, all right, Elmo, what's on the schedule for tonight? What will you be doing in Green Bay? Is there anything to do on a Friday? Night in Green Bay. You know what's big around here, Willy on Friday nights are fish fries. Apparently they are all over the place in Green Bay and in the surrounding area. So this is something I learned about Green Bay. I didn't know. But I'm gonna go searching for some cheese curves and ash in a fish fry.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I love that. Are there any buildings in Green Bay, Wisconsin? Anything above? Is there any downtown?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There is?
Speaker 8: And it's funny when I'm staying in Appleton and so I'm driving up the interstate coming into green Bay, and by far the tallest structure for miles is lambeau Field and you see the lights on top of lambeau Field and that giant g and the lights basically are you know, to alert aircraft of the height of the building because it's the only thing that tall. So it's kind of breathtaking to be completely honest. But yeah, I'm going to go explore more of the downtown area of Lambeau when I get off the phone, and I'll report back because there's this thing called the Packers Heritage Trail, which kind of takes you through all the historic landmarks in Green Bay that relate to the packers, and we go check it out.
Speaker 1: Check it out, let me know what happens. We'll be listening for twenty five pm Sunday afternoon. Flacko's got three more hours to go. And once again, al Mo, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And I'm a fan of Tony Pike. I like Tony Pipe. You love Tony Pike. Tony Pike will live forever.
Speaker 8: Yes, indeed he will. Thank you for saying that I miss them already. And we're all wacko for Flaco. God bless America. Thank you very much. Let's continue with more Austin el Moore live from Green Bay. Let's continue with my comments and more on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: A couple of big things going on. Number one, I want to congratulate again to Madeira Girls team. Many asked, why does the Great American put on high school girls to talk about their successes? Is because that's the reason so many times we hear about young Americans, especially teenagers, not doing what's right, not doing what's proper. And I've always tried over the years and decades to highlight the accomplishments of those in high school because it sets the standard of what life can be for them later on. If they're champions in golf or football, or volleyball, or basketball, or football or baseball, why not be champions in life and live your life in a way that makes yourself and your family and your God proud. So I will always put on high school boys and girls who do well, exceed greatly. Let that be a landern in the future for their later on success. Also would point out that instead of cursing the darkness, there are many men we need men in greater Cincinnati doing what's right. There's a Catholic men's eucharistic procession in downtown Cincinnati on the third Saturday in October each year. This is the eleventh year. Starts at the procession starting at Saint Peter in Chains at nine am, working the way through downtown, ending up the Old Saint Mary's about eleven am. It's a two mile walk. It's a great walk, but number one, it's an example of how Catholic men say, it's okay to be Catholic, and it's okay to walk. It's all okay to recognize Jesus Christ so if we want to be involved this year, contact the archdiocese. I know Doug Jaeger is one of the men involved. The route is approximately two miles, about a thoul and men participate the last few years, and there's flyers available at your local parish. So once again it's a week from Saturday Saturday of next week, the eleventh year the two mile walk from Saint Peter in Chains to Saint Mary's, put together by Doug Jagger. Information available all over the place. Get involved, don't complain about the way things are, work hard to make things better and the Catholic Men's eucharistic procession will certainly be a step in the right direction. And thank you to Doug Jagger. Let's continue with more. Segment is up next along with Rocky Boyman back from his ESPN work. That's your home of the Reds and Bengals marching for glory and for some the judgment Seat of God on news Radio seven hundred WULW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: You know, you have to be ready for anything. That's kind of what it was. You know, definitely didn't have this on my list of things that were going to happen, so but hey, that's this league, and and and I'm a player. Uh, I think most players would say the same thing. I mean, you know, I like to play football. And if that's in Cincinnati right now, then you know I'm all for it.
Speaker 9: Oh hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting?
Speaker 3: Or does he sound fired up? He's ready to run through a brick wall, ready to go in Green Bay. There rocket an offensive line. Wait a minute, Jamar Chase questionable did not practice today with an illness. Give me a live update on that rock. I I know what that just came out about a year ago, an hour ago. Tama flew. He's at home.
Speaker 10: He's got everything, getting vitamin C, vitamin T all A, B and C, get them all, have a few ladies visiting. Whatever it take, whatever it takes. The results driven the situation. Oh, it's good to see you guys on Friday. I'm never hear on Friday.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Georgia Southern I list a little bit last night.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thirty five something like that thirty eight three point game. Yeah yeah, Southern Miss jumped out twenty eight to seven first half, and Georgia Southern came crawling back, was finding on their bellies.
Speaker 3: They're still the Golden Eagles.
Speaker 10: Yes, And do you know who a coach for Southern Miss is? Their special teams coach Joe Bolden, Yes, nephew of Tom really played at Cole Raine, played at Michigan. Who was a linebacker at Michigan to come back to he was that. He's been a bunch of a few players, been in Washington State. He was at Tulsa for two years and then he just got hired by Southern Miss. He does special teams and coaches the nickelbacks.
Speaker 3: Hell of a guy. Talked to him before the game.
Speaker 10: He's doing great and he's one of Cincinnati's finals. I gave him a shout out on the game last night. Him becoming a head coach somewhere and gonna happen. Cole Raine needs help bad. I don't know if they're paying as well as a uh know Division one football purpose.
Speaker 1: Just talk to Katie Kaufman, the girls coach at Maderra girls golf team. You know she's looking to maybe headquartered the Ryder Cup for the men next year in Ireland about a women taking over the Ryder Cup.
Speaker 10: Now, tell us goofy thing where they didn't get to play for the state titles.
Speaker 3: Make this make sense to me day two it got rained out. Well, he said, that's it. It can't play tomorrow. Imply what I said. They said they don't want to take another course. How about miss school now they they didn't want him to miss another day of school.
Speaker 1: That's well, we have a Texas hel passo from Kenji. The superintendent was going to say, okay, miss school and play for the state title.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't let them. It's like they the O H S A A, the grand Poobas and.
Speaker 10: Columbus, they stink clowns wouldn't let him play.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. And they haven't lost a match and now they runner up.
Speaker 10: And see take that from those girls that have worked so hard all year, all year.
Speaker 3: And they got a sponsor now with ACR guny pulls and spouts. Frank's bell is going to give them golf balls next year. How about that they didn't lose one. They didn't lose one all year long. They can't afford to lose golf balls. I said, I got you a golf ball sponsor. He said that we didn't lose a ball because we're afraid deserves the ball, because they're so good at golf. I played with I often say on number one, T this is the third round with this ball. I don't know if you guys deserve a brand new ball. I just keep playing with the same ball. The balls looser. You know when the ball gets loose, got more springall spring springy, springy, instead of a hard ball. I like a loose ball, not a hard ball. Give me a loose ball, not a hardball. Spring it so I hit the ball three or four rounds.
Speaker 1: By the fifth or sixth round, it's a dirty ball softball.
Speaker 3: I like softballs rather than hard balls. You know what I'm saying. Amen, sound like Chris mass Amen, say give me some sports and make it fast. Will leave the stoot Reporters of service of your local Tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers tame Star quality. You could feel a beautiful Southeastern Indiana called Joe Eckstein at x Teinn Heating at COOLi An eight one, two, nine, three to two. Twenty twenty six starts. Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and the Packers lambeau Field on Sunday. Bengals are two and three, Green Bay two to one and one. Stupid for a tie. I like t Bengals Best Bengals coverage At noon, RNL Carriers Inside and Arnold Carriers pregame sports talk show presented by Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers came off at four to twenty five. Get them All in Tri State Chevy Dealers. Post game show follows presented by RNL Carriers Live from Buffalo, Wings and Rings and fair Field. Get them All in. Say sake, you ever play a lambeau Field? Yeah? Is it different? Different than playing maybe a pay Corps.
Speaker 10: It's cool, absolutely, because there's a lot of a lot of history there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Green Bay's like now, but and I played there. I remember driving.
Speaker 10: We had to stay like an hour away because it wasn't hotels or Hotel six is only drive through this town that was like trapped in out nineteen eighty three. And then boom, there's a stadium right there. You have no buildings in the center of the entire neighborhood in it. Yeah, some place I'm saying, like you drive through like literally a subdivision. What the hell are we? And then there's a field.
Speaker 1: It's like wrigular field. You go in the middle of no or suddenly just regular.
Speaker 3: Field right, ride the kids bikes into the game. I didn't do trading. You didn't do that. No, please continue segment. Let's see will thee high school football all across the Tri State Tonight? High School Football Tonight's show listen Up begins at six ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty. That leads into the contest a GCL Action Bombers the Lancers Battle of North Bend Road Tonight. Baby. If Bombers lose that, when they're really done, d u n n done. Sal's got a good team. It'll be a hard battle.
Speaker 10: I'm now a fan of l I know you got your purple underwear on over there working.
Speaker 3: Well wait a minute, you picked Moeler for to win tonight against Cleveland Saint. I so how do you do both?
Speaker 10: I can't say Moller had Highlands, you know my I make that old Highlands as Elder, that's what Cleveland Saint is.
Speaker 3: As Moeller.
Speaker 1: I'll take Elder over Highlands. If you got the guts, rock for a hot flot Sunday. Where do they play the game. It's like man where's the game?
Speaker 3: I think it's a tailor.
Speaker 1: It's Mueller. Wait a minute, you're talking about Elder and oh at that Elder. I'm again taking the should go. Yeah, you're a big time there go to go to the game. And I'm now Olga might be there now, one of the faithful. I got Elder. I had the one hundred anniversary. The sign was up there, so we had to restart Roku. The damn thing didn't work for three days and Jack Crumley came in, took everything off the top of my TV, replugged it, plugged it back in Roku. Now everything's working. What happened to my Elder sign? It's on the floor right there.
Speaker 3: I gotta get it up there. Gotta get it up there.
Speaker 10: Where's my skepture of me and Bob Trumpy and Anty Mun's.
Speaker 3: I think Lamb took that home. Lance took it home. He's going to sell it on the Beck College Football tomore. You see and the bear Cats? Do you like that? I'm taking eleven am Cats only if Tony Pike does. He is doing the game to Miami, Miami and Akron I stand with Tony Pike? What about you? I do please? Continue, Ohio state the Illinois. But do you like that? Like I play the play the game man at Illinois. Illinois might be good Indiana and Oregon. What about the Ducks taking the ducks?
Speaker 1: You like the Ducks? Yes, I'll make you a bet. Then I'll take the Hoosiers and I'll give you the ducks. Quack quack, straight up. I ain't trying points. I need the points.
Speaker 3: No, you're not getting any points. I don't need points. Baseball, the Dodgers got by the Phillies last night. It was an error right though reliever or Ryan kirker Ring. We got that sheriff in there. It's it's both in the or Drew. We got that in both English and Japanese. Our listeners play Japanese. Obviously, two outs, bases loaded, one right back to the box box. The guy looks he could have had the guy out at first base by a mile. Throws it to home wildly. The Dodgers score walk. It was a squeege though. It's one of those. But the Cubs remain alive. They're alive. Game five, gotta find it. Throws to the plank.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, get throws it away.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers have.
Speaker 1: Won basis juice Dodgers one to one.
Speaker 3: I don't like the Dodgers. I don't like the Phillies. And this winner go home tonight in the American League Division Series with Game five, Game five here Seattle host Detroit. The winner there gets the Blue Jays. And David Bell, And David Bell is an executive with the team that Toronto putting together. Why did you do it? Here? One might ask? One might ask the question, why to one hundred and sixty nine days until opening day? You like the big Dumper? And see, did you have any inclining that?
Speaker 10: Uh, the Mariners have a catcher that hit sixty home runs this year.
Speaker 1: Cal Rawley, Yeah, I kind of knew about the Big Dumper. That's his nickname.
Speaker 3: He's the dumping. That's amazing. What why would that one under the radar until at the end. That's never happened before. The catcher is not easy to hit right as a catcher. Amen, we just set a record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what a Bench is all time was forty four forty five home runs the most.
Speaker 3: You're saying he's better than Johnny Bench. That what you're saying this year he was Will he be in the Hall of Fame, unanimously almost no, another couple of seasons like this together? Will we sixty home runs? Why can't he play for the Reds? Say anything else? The green Salad of salvation rock about swore. He's crying, crying in the locker. He's crying because of how they lost. Facing free agent.
Speaker 1: A ground ball to the picture here, say get him here, Okay, I'll call him ground ball of the pitcher. He's looking bat knocked right back to five fifty's got two hours. You gotta throw the first.
Speaker 3: We got ahead a guy buy him on or and they catch his point in the first. The easy ones to throw it first. This way, he kind of gets the first. You gotta score two runs up above and the and the to the left of Rmulto goes to the backstop. They score.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: He got that season over, season over for a rookie Dodgers would have scored two runs on that play. The guy on second has already been around third, and the balls against the backstop. How's that possible? Unbelievable?
Speaker 1: M what's on the big show today? You and Eddie been working on guests all day? I'm sure, yes, I just got back in town.
Speaker 10: But our normality show, Uh, Richard Skinner right of the gay at three, we're gonna talk about Joe Flacco in your Cincinnati, doesn't he? John Matteisyeah, he's just ready to just come storming out of gate.
Speaker 3: You heard the press conference and what what uniform moment? Who am I playing for? By the way, what was the calls? This is gonna give me Give me.
Speaker 1: One offensive call. Let's say you're you're playing for the Bengals.
Speaker 10: Spider two white banana, spire, spiral, Spider to.
Speaker 3: Spier two white banana segment, forty.
Speaker 10: Three host juke, forty three basic, you got basic plays.
Speaker 3: You got forty three hosts juke. Let's go.
Speaker 1: When I was with Gordon Betterno, we had twenty five crossbuck and forty six Crossbuck plus.
Speaker 3: The naked reverse. Gordon Bettterino, how about those like those calls?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 3: I knew, Yeah, I know those old calls.
Speaker 1: Give me another one, Give me another offensive call, Give me a defensive I can give you all kind of the defensive calls, but I know, give me a defensive call. You're a linebacker, You're playing for the Colts, And all of a sudden, someone says to you give me the call rock.
Speaker 10: We played over Denver a lot, which was cover two, and the reason it was covered two at the time Denver had won two Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: That signified cover two over Denver over Denver? Did you ever go over Denver?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Over Silver was cover three over three? Yeah about that segment. Yeah about a four man front with a stunt, four man in front with a stunt? What about break on three? Hike heike?
Speaker 3: What about Omaha to Omaha Omaha?
Speaker 10: I still remember the defensive call when I was at another day and we had Michigan State beat at their place. All you had to do was hold them okay, and Bob David calls Obi week Mouse, which was a blitz and they throw a steam route. Tony Driver or safety is right there? Slips gone so much for the blitz. Shouldn't have blitzed right there.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't let them beat you. Don't beat yourself. Let them beat you. You can't get beat, but don't beat yourself. Would you agree.
Speaker 10: Tony Dungee's motto do the little things also the more important than no Belichick.
Speaker 3: The rumors out of Chapel Hill with Marty Brenahan is that there's a divorce happening, not between Judson Hutt, not between the Belichick. I'm still going great. Assume they're planning family together.
Speaker 1: But between the tar Heels and Belichick, there's a rumor they're talking about a divorce.
Speaker 10: And I guess, so they owe him twenty million, but I guess if he pays a million, he can get out of the contract.
Speaker 3: They want him to pay a million.
Speaker 1: But he's got to find a soft land. You got to find a gig the Bengals. What about Zach Schule Belichick here, hasn't he really bring the wrongs like an analyst or something. I mean, you would just fall.
Speaker 10: Over debt because you get to talk about Jordan Hunt having the box next to kick Brownie's hot wife.
Speaker 3: But two in the box or three in the box?
Speaker 2: I like three?
Speaker 3: I like three anyway. But with Belichick, is he ruined the brand and the Belichick you can make a case.
Speaker 10: I mean, people have short memories, right, and you know you're the one that said, lots of people know the ball games I might win.
Speaker 3: It might have two wins, four more, four more.
Speaker 10: There's four wins on that schedule, except there are three losses are by thirty four points.
Speaker 3: Twenty five points and twenty eight points.
Speaker 10: Oh, there's also a rumor, Igel, I guess you know Drake May, who's now with the Patriots, played at North Carolina. I guess North Carolina's putting out all kinds of like highlights celebrating him.
Speaker 3: Checked to New England a defensive coordinator. Oh, you can't you that he doesn't want anything to.
Speaker 10: Do like so right, yeah, he's so they're putting out and he's like, he's like, you know, banned them from putting out pro UNC highlight tweets and stuff because of the hell with the Patriots because he plays with the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a divorce between Bob Kraft the Massuse.
Speaker 10: I just can I always think who's the president Cunningham or the athletic directors. His last name in at Cunningham. Yeah, and your cousin right now, he's my brother, John con He said, imagine like in like February of last year, He's like, I did it.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 10: I just just orchestrated the total turnaround of UNC football for bringing it in the greatest people we recognize as the greatest coach of all time.
Speaker 3: This guy does nothing but eat Stephen breathe football for fifty straight years. Defense, he's doing the NFL system. This is gonna be unbelievable.
Speaker 10: He could never could have guessed it would have worked out like this, and it just shows the show.
Speaker 1: Nothing is a sure thing. Nothing nothing, nothing rock. Thank you going to have you back on a Friday segment. Thanks for making a fool of yourself again anytime. Please get me out of the Stude's report, WILLI and honor of everyone having a happy weekend, bring home a winner. Go Bengals, we and Bearcats. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood report.
Speaker 2: See hi. We patrol again next week.
Speaker 3: Until then, remember it isn't what's your drive.
Speaker 2: But how you drive couts. This is Roderick Crawford saying, see you next week.
Speaker 3: And the Madeira girls drive very well. In the golf team.
Speaker 1: They should have won the state title, but the association would not let them win. A news radio seven hundreds w out of