Speaker 1: Right back with Eddie and Rockey here on a up Friday Feelings Day. Rock Well, we're just like two guys getting ready to go on spring break, but we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Cap it off with a great show here on Friday. Lots of talk about, lots of sports this weekend, lots of great NFL games. There's NFL games on Saturday. Now, there's a bunch of bowl games or college football playoff ball game tonight and then what three tomorrow. Lots of great NFL action on Sunday. Football, football, football, FOOTBA football, and some basketball.
Speaker 1: Skenny, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Rockey. I'm really disappointed.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear you on the call Today's Myrtle Beach Bowl. I really thought that that hit you written all over.
Speaker 2: But I got the bocal bawl next week, Skinny, so I'll still be in Florida. I managed to shoot warm myself into one of those warm weather games.
Speaker 4: Okay, good dude, good deal. Then all right, that's a win for you.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of Florida games, let's get this out of the way right now. Bengals at Dolphins playing in Miami. Talk about a tale of two cities. This week they play it's whatever it was minus eight wind chill or whatever the hell it was. It's gonna be whatever, seventy eight degrees. You go SA seventy eight degrees down there. So but it's gonny your thoughts on this game. And yeah, there have been a lot of a lot of chatter Jamar Chase saying, oh, yeah, we want to win out, blah blah blah. Well those guys didn't look much like last week they wanted to win out. They just kind of showed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did.
Speaker 4: That was that was. That was disappointing in a lot of ways, especially after the week Joe Burrow had with his press conference following the Bills game and the one on Wednesday, then.
Speaker 3: The performance on Sunday.
Speaker 4: It did it looked like a group that it checked out. I can't tell you that all the players checked out, and checking out can be various degrees. I mean, you can't just go out there and not do anything or you'll get hurt.
Speaker 3: But there's also.
Speaker 4: You can you can just see it. You can see the body language of it, you can feel the vibe of it. And it's felt very much that way. And that's where I have no idea what to expect this weekend and either way, because you got Quinn Yours making his first start for the Dolphins, his first started Brookie out of Texas at quarterback. You know, he was he was He was not a high draft pick as quarterbacks go, so he wasn't evaluated all that highly, even though he had a pretty good career at Texas. So you know, is this just out of default because they're they're ready to move on from to it? And they're ready to move on right now from to it. And I don't know what there's starts from Joe Burrow in the gang. He could go out there and go for four twenty and five touchdowns for all I know. He can also fill in the clunker he's doing this past Sunday. He need I would gonna say this just for the psyche of everybody, including himself. He needs a big game to kind of snap out of whatever funk he's in. That that to me is the big part. He gets a chance to go do it in good weather. You know, his past weekend, as you mentioned, the weather was awful. It's no fun to play in that. As much as people say it's funny, it's fun to play in the snow when it's maybe you know, thirty three degrees in snowy, but it's no fun to play when the wind chiels like it was this past Sunday that was brutal. And so you know, you got nice weather, you got a nice venue, that chance to play a rookie quarterback. You probably don't have to score forty points to win, because that rookie quarterback will put up a lot of points. But I honestly, I wish Usually I feel pretty definitive, even if I'm wrong in my opinion of the game. I got no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, almost lost in last week because you know, they had to build up drama about Burrow and the press conference and then almost immediately after the conversation switched to well Zach Taylor got extended on his contract but they didn't announce it, and then that the weird press conference was sack Taylor where he didn't want to talk about it. Lost in all this was that was one of the worst played Bengals games I or you or anybody has seen in a long long time. I think you're right. I mean, just for everybody's psyche, the fans, Joe Burrow, the coaching staff that they got to go out and at least, you know, look like they give a damn and hopefully play well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what's not confusing with this it let's just say they win the last three games. Don't don't confuse that with you know, this roster still doesn't need a big overhaul, especially on the defensive side of that. That's my only fear because that well with this organization, that okay, everything's right. Well, you're about to play Queen Yours making his first start ninety seven year old Jacoby Brissett next week for god off of Arizona and Shdorg Sanders, who's a confused mess in Cleveland. That's your last three quarterbacks. You get the face you should win those three games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you're right. In past Bengals season, skinny, I can recall, Yeah, in a lost season, they win the last three games or three out of the last four, and it's like, hey man, we're this close. We just need the ball to bounce our way a little bit next year and we're back in it.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can remember when we talked to Duke Copin at the combine back in February, the of the vibe, and the conversation was, hey, man, we finished with five straight wins and we were close in a bunch of losses. We think we've got the guys, and they didn't. It was clearly didn't this roster's battlement defensive side. But that gave them the false sense of security of hey, you know, we lost a bunch of one score games, and they did and some you know, last year, Kansas City won a lot of one score games. This year Kansas City is losing a bunch of one school games. The odds sometimes even their way out, and I think they've got loaded in that false sense of we're really close with this roster. We can kind of run it back with a few tweaks.
Speaker 3: And we'll be good.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you've seen this year. You can't run this completely back.
Speaker 2: Richard Skinner's our guests and Skinny a lot of great football games this weekend. College Football Playoff begins tonight Alabama Oklahoma tomorrow and Miami, Texas A and M Tulane Old Miss James Madison, Oregon. Which of those, I guess first four CFP games are most excited about.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a reason for all four to be excited about tonight Tonight Alabama Oklahoma, It's the whole. Does Bama really deserve to be in because if they lose after that Georgia debacle in the in the SEC Championship game, there's gonna be the crow. I mean the Notre Dame people. I guarantee you rock.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you're right, you would be right to feel that way. Then tomorrow when you watch Miami of Florida, if they have a good showing or beat Texas A and M, they're gonna shut a lot of people up.
Speaker 3: If they don't.
Speaker 4: Again, Rocky boymen in the Notre Dame menus will say, day we still should have been even though they beat us. Then the two non Power five schools, which I think are fascinating to Lane at Old Miss.
Speaker 3: Does Old Miss show up.
Speaker 4: To prove Lane Kiffing wrong or will they miss Lane kiff in a ton I don't know if they will because I think they're pretty daggoned good. And then I'll tell you James Madison that I don't know if you did James Madison game this year.
Speaker 3: Rocky defense is really.
Speaker 4: And I you know, I think Oregon's great. I Honestly, if you gave me money to bet, you give me fifty dollars, I probably put forty of it on Ohio State to win the national championship and ten dollars on Oregon to win the national championship.
Speaker 3: But like, I think they're like nine to one odds.
Speaker 4: They got great value.
Speaker 3: That's a really good team.
Speaker 4: They pass it, they run it, they stop the run, they.
Speaker 3: Stopped the pass. They're good. I am fascinating if James Madison hangs run.
Speaker 4: So if to Lane and James Madison get blown out, and its possibility right when's the seventeen point underdog gouns like a twenty one point underdog they get blown out, it's gonna be why we let these schools in. I mean, you've got a Notre Dame for this. Flip side is though, if they play well or even spring the upset. See, these guys deserve to be in as much as everybody else deserves to be So all four games to me are fascinating for four different reasons.
Speaker 1: See, I got a I'm gonna open myself up for a can of worms here. Rock is this pushback on Notre Dame, because quite frankly, is it there. They think they're Notre Dames over and there's a there's a Notre Dame hate.
Speaker 2: I mean honestly, you love you absolutely love Notre Dame or you hate them, and I can. But that's why they're polarizing. And you know, they're a they're an international brand, though I would say they're one of the the only college football team that is an international brand. You go over to Europe, you go over every anywhere in the country, and people will know what No Dame is.
Speaker 1: They played Ireland, they played in Ireland. Obviously there were a lot of Americans there, but people are going nuts.
Speaker 2: You make a great points skin about the the the G six teams and how well they're fair, because it is like teetering big time. If they get blown out, people are absolutely ready to say, you know what, like we don't let Triple A teams in the World Series to compete with MLB teams. Why are we doing this here? I there's part of me that likes the you know, give the underdog a chance, but part of me is like that, you're not going to get the best twelve teams. You're you're You're just not. So I'm also with you. I wish because I've covered James Madison probably three times in the last two years, and that is a legit program. I wish they were playing almost anybody but Oregon. They're playing all this A and M Miami or even Oklahoma or Alabama. I think they could hold up at Oregon is a really good team.
Speaker 4: They are, and I think that's a great point. And obviously it's that Oregon that you could see that think getting steamrolled to like forty.
Speaker 3: Two to ten.
Speaker 4: I can also see them hanging around long enough to where Oregon starts to eat the panic button, and they hang around long enough. I the three touchdown numbers probably fair, but boy, you give me that number. I think I'd at least feel good about about James Madison keeping that thing close enough within three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you think, skinny about the fact that you know, Okay, it's a college football playoffs and this is supposed to be the best of the best, and most of these games are are are double digits in terms of of winners and losers.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: It's the scores are are pretty pretty wide margin in terms of the you know, it's not like these are field goal one point games like you see in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just wonder if that's that's just because there's not a lot of preparation time.
Speaker 3: It's like a normal prep week in me.
Speaker 4: Completely. You know, some of these teams obviously aren't have a little bit of extra rest. The ones that are getting by and you can he'll up some bumps and bruises and uh, you know, probably work on themselves and self scout a little bit more, and so they're probably even a little bit more prepared. I think that's the advantage of the buye. We'll see next week because I some of the backups next week have a chance to be extraordinarily fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do. And I'm I'm thinking and it remains to be seeing that because of the portal one, because talent is more evenly spread out versus being on just like four teams away it's been for a long long time. I'm hoping that that means more competitive games because teams are a little bit more even, But that remains to be seen.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I mean you got two big spreads this weekend, as we mentioned, you know, seventeen points I think Lanes and Underdog and twenty one point the other two.
Speaker 3: Oklahoma the one.
Speaker 4: And a half point favorite, and I believe Miami is or I believe A and m is a three and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: Sore, two big spreads and two tight spreads.
Speaker 1: All right with that, skinny, We'll let you go. It's that time of year where we got NFL on the on Saturday, now Saturday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, NFL Thursday as well, of course, and uh, and the college bowl games. We're sitting there watching a bowl game right now. I don't even know what this game is, the gas Marilla How dare you?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 6: I got it?
Speaker 2: How dare you do?
Speaker 6: I not know?
Speaker 1: I forgot I have large money on the gas Parilla Bowl.
Speaker 6: Of course, of course you do.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, that's Skenny. We will let you go. Buddy, Hey, you have a great holiday season. What are your plans? You got anything going on?
Speaker 4: I got a lot of basketball to coach over the holidays and uh, looking forward to a lot of that.
Speaker 2: All right, but get them right, take care yep, for sure, thanks James, see buddy, Marry Christmas.
Speaker 1: And uh, yeah, I don't think I told that on the airline last week, but I told Rock it was I think it was Thursday night last week and my phone rings and I'm thinking it's Rocky Orb or something, and I look over and it's Skinny And uh, I was like, what's Skinny calling me for? I mean, you know, we're kind of friends, but I don't know why you'd be calling me. So I pick it up and he butt dialed me while he was coaching. Uh I think it's it's a high school team or no, I think it's I'm not a lot so it's a youth Uh. I think it is his daughter's team. And I'm going hello, you know when somebody butt dials it and all I hear is crowd noise and and Skinny going hey, Skinny yellow at me?
Speaker 7: What do I do?
Speaker 1: Broh? But anyways, with that, we check in with traffic and weather, what's going on? We have John Matty's coming up, so rock Here we are on the holiday season. A lot of people going out.
Speaker 6: Shoot.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people who go out on Christmas Day. That's their kind of family tradition. They go to a movie theater. Yeah, which whatever the hot movie is. I did that a couple of times.
Speaker 6: I've done that before too, younger man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you know, and I love going to the theater doing to as much as I used to, just because of people. We know what we're talking about, People talking, people yammering, people, cell phones, yeah, you know, texting, And it's like, look.
Speaker 2: Man, can you tell me there was one like there was a lady that was literally taking a call about like a dentist appointment or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was making a I'm sitting there in Imax and the ladies talking to her dentist about now, I can't do Tuesday at three? How about Wednesday? Can you got like ten o'clock or something? And I turn around and was like, shut up, shut up.
Speaker 2: If you look at me like I'm the yeah you're yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Voluntier Justice.
Speaker 1: Just this baby, so we don't go to the movies much.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: This fellow right here, he took matters into his own hands, not like what we're talking about right here, but this guy loves it. And it's what I do whenever I DEBONAI for the longest time, and I think that's what you do if there's a big movie out, kind of like you used to always take the boys to the Marvel movies, Like if Iron Man came out of Spider Man or something like that, and we would all go to the movies together. And so that's what this guy has a tradition of going with his fifteen year old daughter to the movies. Been doing that for years. Well, he was the cinemak wherever they close to wherever they live had been reported to be overrun by mice and rats. So he wanted to take his daughter to see the midnight showing of Now You See Me, Now you don't. A couple of weeks ago, well, hearing about this deal with the all these rats and mice what people were reporting was around there. There was a new construction going on and it drove all them this and I hear this happening all the time. Drove all the rats and mice into the surrounding buildings, right, you hear that all the time time. Well, so they invaded this movie theater. So the guy says, well, I wanted to see this movie with my daughter. So I gotta find the quote, have to scroll through it. He said, I'm going to put a bunch of mouse traps around me as a water protection just so we can enjoy our movie. Let me tell you something, bro, if I have to do put a bunch of rat traps. This guy name is Cole Polly. If I have to put a bunch of rat traps around my seat in a movie theater, I ain't going there.
Speaker 2: There's no no movie that's worth that, even Predator, even if Predator was playing.
Speaker 1: On the high double feature double feature of John Wick Sam and Predator, or.
Speaker 2: If it was okay, I take it back, it'd be worth it was a double feature of Predator and First Blood. I mean, forget okay, I'll let the rats crawl me. But other than that, I'm not doing it well.
Speaker 1: That One of the things that was reported before this guy did that a lady had seen a movie there a couple of days before. Was interviewed on television. She said, I took out my phone flashlight and on top of my drink was a rat that had climbed down my arm and was biting the lidden straw like he was very hungry. So I go back to what I said initially, Why were you going to sit there and put rat traps all around? I'll wait for it to come on pay per view. I'll pay twenty bucks and.
Speaker 6: Watch it in my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when's the last time you saw a rat?
Speaker 6: Oh crap.
Speaker 1: I've seen him in alley ways and stuff. Never in my house.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, we had say, but yeah, you don't see him like out in the country ever, at least I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got all kinds of vermin though, yeah, you have.
Speaker 6: You hear them? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really, you never seen one around? You better watch I've seen one around, but you definitely hear him, you know, you be you better watch a little Yoko your your new cat or Yoko or whatever the miss kitty oh sorry miss kitty. Uh I thought it was Yoko.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have been a perfect name, by the way. Yeah, I she don't really go outside the house. She's like she's a full on house cat. And here's what's funny, by the way, let's talk about this. So there was her and her sister that her and my mother in law brought to us, like, you know, which which one do you want? Well, so we picked that one. Okay, Well, the other one is a barn cat at my mother in law's house. So some point when they see each other, the barn go you way a minute. Now you're inside, you know, and I'm sitting out here I gotta eat mice for my dinner. You know, sometimes sometimes fortune does not shine upon you. There's nothing I can do about it, though, I'm not taking two cats.
Speaker 1: Tough beads man, what are you gonna do? Look at the sister and go, hey, some of us marry princes. Other of eat poop and at duck poop in a barn.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: With that, we checked in with traffic and weather and we're going to have John Matory's coming up Friday. Rock about this time. We always talk to this fellow right cheap. It is our pleasure to talk to John Matais from w c P O nine News. Don't waste your money, Johnny. How are we doing? Merry Christmas? Happy holidays? Chatter, chatter chatter?
Speaker 4: What do you.
Speaker 3: Christmas to you?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 3: To pleasure talking to you? You know, all year long, I'm not as not as good looking as Tanyo Rourke, who you have on I think on Tuesday, But you know.
Speaker 5: I do my best.
Speaker 1: That's well documented. So what are we talking about it? What are we talking about? You know, well, we'll talk about something else here to a minute, but what we're talking about with you is changes to King's Island passes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people buzzing about that because King's Island passes Gold passes, the season pass very popular Christmas gift. I mean, you have kids, you have teenagers, you know, a twelve year old, you get in that gold pass, you put in their stocking, and you know they're excited they get to go to King's Island all year long. But they've just recently made some changes and people have been grumbling about it. First of all, back in the fall, you could get one for ninety nine dollars. Great price. Has been that way for what ten years, ninety nine dollars for a King's Island Gold season pass for next year. Well, the sale ended and they're now one hundred and thirty dollars some more money. It's still a good deal, still a good deal. Go two and a half times you've paid for you one hundred and thirty dollars tickets, so you know, not a bad deal there. The other change is what has even more people grumbling though, and it's that they've removed what they call the all park passport. What that is is the ability to use that King's Island goal pass at forty other six flags park and I've done it. I've been everywhere with my past that gets into other parks. As you know, I love going to theme parks, and yeah, because use it in Texas, you can use it in Chicago, California. There's a couple of parks go to every year.
Speaker 6: Itar I go to Seed.
Speaker 3: I try to go to Cedar Point with the kids every summer at least once. And it's great to have that included in your King's Island pass. And I renewed back in September ninety nine dollars. I have all of next to your King's Island, and I can go to king to other ones, King's Dominion, Cedar Point Heroines. Now you can't do that, amore. So if you're buying the Path for Christmas for the kids, just know it's one thirty and you don't get those other parks anymore, which is just kind of a little bummer.
Speaker 1: That's bogus. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm wondering. Yeah, I've never I've had season passes. I don't know if I've had the gold card. I mean said long, I mean I'm talking you know, twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: Well, we got the gold cards for the kids a couple of times, so you because you can park, like literally right next to the gate. That's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's pretty parking. Otherwise you pay just like thirty bucks to park if you're buying day tickets. So I keep that in mind why a gold pass is still pretty good.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: The only gold path that Eddie has ever had is to those clubs in Atlanta where he gets to see the ladies up on the stage the library.
Speaker 2: There's a fluent a few in Tampa too, I believe, Yeah.
Speaker 1: A platinum part of the old card. I got a couple of stories about the mons. I'll let that go for now, but let's talk about this. I was just doing this this morning, John, Is it too late to order gifts.
Speaker 6: Online and the gift gets there?
Speaker 1: And well that I just found out one of my gifts is not going to get here when it said it was going to.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing. Right now, it's getting iffy. I mean, Christmas is less than a week away. If you're Amazon Prime, you should be okay as long as it promises you two day delivery. And that's the key. Don't assume that everything on Amazon Prime is one or two day delivery right now, it's not. I've heard from some people who said, yeah, I went to Amazon, went to order normally get stuff in two days, and it says you're gift will be delivered between December twenty sixth and twenty ninth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: The wife's not going to be happy with that. It's just not going to be happy December twenty sixth. So be careful ordering on Amazon, even though you're used to two day delivery, it may not happen. The other thing is you're checking these other sites. Be really careful because a lot of them you'll put you're ordering and they don't even tell you when it's going to get delivered. And I wouldn't deal with that right now, you see an Instagram ad for something, it's like, you know, you're like, oh, look at that little dress. I'll order that for the honey. I mean you might get that in what February. Be real careful ordering online right now?
Speaker 2: But what about all that stuff?
Speaker 3: And he just like looking looking at the photos as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about the stuff you order from Fredericks of Hollywood to get delivered on time?
Speaker 1: I mean for yourself, that's for her. Sometimes I just want to.
Speaker 5: Be he.
Speaker 3: Doesn't care when that little skimpy outfit arrives just as long as it shows up at some point. So if you're ordering online right now, I mean we're getting down to the wire and sure, but make sure it says it's going to arrive Monday or Tuesday or you may be sol on that. The best thing to do right now is just go to the mall. I know it's going to be packed Saturday Sunday, yes, but you know you get there ten thirty in the morning. You know, you go there late, it's not that horrible. And at the mall, here's the thing. At the mall, they're already slashing prices. I was just a ken with town Center the other day and it's like seventy percent off on turtlenecks and I was just I was just amazed. I'm like, really, it's like they post Christmas sales are already starting, so you know they're trying to clear out that holiday gear, that winter gear. So if you go to the mall, you get to you know, get things on sale, some sorts of bonuses where you know you bog buy one, get one, or get a bonus for yourself. And I love gift cards this time of year when you get somebody a gift card and you get a little bonus, like you know, cheesecake factory, out back steakhouse. You get somebody that fifty dollars gift card and what they throw in a ten or twenty dollars gift card for you. You don't tell him that you're getting that.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, real night, Hey Johnny, you were talking about our good friend Tanya Work a minute ago. Now I saw a thing you guys posted on Facebook. What you want to talk about the Christmas present those guys the newsroom gave you this year.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, this is from Frank Marzulo. And if you don't know, he left nineteen and he's over on Channel nine, our morning show. He's a great guy, does a great job, and he's funny as heck. And I mentioned in the story some of the hot gifts this year. One of them was called the Farting s Fuggler, and he said on the morning news, I don't think John Matterwis has ever said farting on the news before, so I did. It's the farting Puggler. And what happened to was then like days two days later, there's this gift box on my desk and it was from Frank and the Morning Team and it was a genuine when farting fuggler. And what it is is, it's this little monster. It looks like Chewbacca. And every time somebody walks by this motion center uh, and it makes these noises. It makes these the bathroom sound. So let's put it that way. I now haven't set up on my desk. I haven't set up on my desk. And every time Tanya walks by my desk, it goes and makes that big two D bathroom sound and she's like, matter he stop that, and I go, it's not me. Marzullo bought it for me. And now every time you walk by, somebody thinks, Tanya cut the cheese. It's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Well knowing Tanya, I don't think it's a little fussy fuckler there or whatever.
Speaker 2: Be careful, you can get some trouble trying to reiterate that name.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With that, guys, have a great uh Christmas. We'll talk to you soon. A right buddy, I would say, waste your money, thanks Shanny.
Speaker 1: John Mataie's coming up here. We're going to be switching gears and get a little bit serious and talk about twenty twenty six in how it looks with finance rock.
Speaker 2: Yes, lots of things up in the air, a big year for the administration, and we'll see what happens. To get a little forecast here next.
Speaker 1: That's after the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: Another White House announcement on the big deadline day with the four o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now.
Speaker 11: Fourteen out of the seventeen largest pharmaceutical companies, but they've all agreed, have now agreed to drastically lower drug prices for their American patients.
Speaker 2: For the American people.
Speaker 10: And patients, President Trump today announcing a new agreement with more drug making companies to cut prices in the US. The new prices drugs at the so called most Favored Nation level, where drugs sold in the US are available at the same lowest costs sold in other countries experts today, experts cautioning that they are not quite sure yet how much Americans will actually benefit. The President concluded today's events without taking questions from reporters. Today is the deadline for the administration to release the Epstein Files. Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche said the Justice Department will release several hundred thousand documents today.
Speaker 2: Those documents will come in all different forms, photographs, and other materials associated with all of the investigations into into mister Epstein.
Speaker 10: The Epstein Files Transparency Act was passed by Congress last month to make public the records of the late sex criminal who trafficked underage girls before he committed suicide in police custody in twenty nineteen. Epstein spent years socializing with many of the world's wealthy elite. He and Donald Trump called each other friends for years, although the President says he cut Epstein off years ago. And we are us now seeing some headlines coming out that the Department of Justice has released a trove of Fstein files. That'll take some going through, but apparently a large amount of files that have now been made public. Let's check now the latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 12: The UC Health Traffic Center. You see's Cancer center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancerius and clinical trials that you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion, now, I'll call five one, three, five, eight five. You see CeCe seventy five southbound from right around Hoppel to the Brent Spence Purchase, about a ten minute trip northbound seventy five the Paddic. The breakdown has cleared in southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highwood Norwood Lateral construction work now has delays to Glendale Milford and we're seeing heavier pockets of traffic on seventy one. This is northbound Norwood Lateral to Stewart southbound seventy one mlk to the Brent Spence filling in. Now on seventy five northbound between UYS forty two and the brend Spence in Kentucky, traffic volumes are picking up here. We've got about a twenty minute trip. And on two seventy five between Masteller and reed Hartman, volumes are sluggish. My ricksh ret and produce Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 4: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center.
Speaker 10: Advanced dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 6: We're here for you.
Speaker 1: No Fear Dentist dot.
Speaker 10: Com Clear Skies tonight a low of twenty five degrees, Sonny and windy tomorrow with a high of forty eight. Looking sonny on Sunday, a high in the upper thirties For Bengals football in Miami, Florida. We're looking sunny with temperatures right around eighty degrees at kickoff. Game day forecast built by American home Tech. Your roof's first line of defense starts with US Americanhometech dot Com radar right now showing clouds in the Tri State don't have any major rain going through. It is thirty three degrees. News is a service of Low t Center. Ohio Governor Mike Dwine signing some bills into law this afternoon, including Senate Bill fifty six that makes changes to marijuana and intoxicating hemp regulations in the state. The Governor using his line item veto power on the part of that bill where THCHC drinks would be allowed. That means they will be banned just as much as other intoxicating hemp products when that bill takes effect. America looking at another record for travel this Christmas. More than one hundred twenty two million Americans are expected to travel at least fifty miles from home more than five million of them will be ohioan.
Speaker 8: So Ohio, We're expecting to see about five point one million people who are going to be driving, flying, and using other sorts of transportation. The bast majority of them, by four point six million, though, are going to be in the roads.
Speaker 10: Jim Garritty with Triple A says the best times to travel are actually on the holidays themselves, and do so early in the day or late in the evening, trying to avoid traffic on Wall Street. Right now, the Dow up one hundred and sixty two points near the closing bill, NAZDAK up three point thirteen. The S and P up fifty seven one hundred a W LW Sports.
Speaker 13: In college football, the playoffs begin tonight with Alabama taking on Oklahoma. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Wine and Tobacco and Party Town. Thirteen locations in northern Kentucky open three hundred and sixty five days a year. Bengals and Dolphins Sunday and Miami Best Bengals coverage begins Sunday at ninety a m with the Arnold Carriers. Pregame Sports Talk Joe presented by Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers, Tri State Chevy Dealers. Postgame show presented by Arnold Carriers at Buffalo Wings and Rings Infinnytown with Jim Breech. College basketball Tomorrow night Xavier's on the road at Georgetown seven thirty Here on seven hundred WLW, Also ten and O Miami's at ball State, Saint John's meets Kentucky and Liberty up against Dayton, Bill Edison seven hundred w WELW Sports.
Speaker 10: I'm Jack Crumley, our next update at four thirty and Breaking News Anytime News Radio seven hundred wl Double.
Speaker 7: Gifts Report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical we are.
Speaker 1: It's that time of the year. You gotta start well looking towards new year, as far as your mind needs and stuff got.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you know, Margaret Wise, things pretty damn good this year, right if you have money in the market, but also lots of uncertain needs about the cost of things, I think, and that's going to trickle certainly in the next year.
Speaker 1: Well here to discuss with this. He is an author, he knows these things. He is our good friend. Dwayne Decent Dwayne, Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 9: Hi, Hi, thanks for including here.
Speaker 1: So, Dwayne, let's talk about twenty twenty six. You said us this thing and it was like, is twenty twenty six going to be another wild riode? And you said, you bet? So what are we looking at here? Are we going to be holding our breath? Is whatever as far as our retirement savings go, or what are we looking at?
Speaker 9: I do? I think we're going to have a back to back wild ride years. It's going to be exciting. I think we're going to start with some very positive things where the big beautiful bid has some tax cuts that are going to make an impact early and probably stimulate the economy a little bit. So there's a good chance will be off to the races. But even January doesn't end that well, where we could be facing another shutdown at the end of the month because if we can't agree on the our Appropriation bill, that the continued Resolution runs out, and then we could be back to what could be a long shutdown if if we can't get Congress degree.
Speaker 2: Well, and is it gonna be the same battle in terms of the shutdown, is that you know the Democrats want more money pumped into Obamacare, and Republicans say, what we've already put in the amount that you wanted, and you just want more. It's not going to make things any better. Is it going to be the same argument all over again.
Speaker 9: I'm afraid so. And I think how it will end though, because this is an election year. He's going to be twenty twenty sixth election year for mid terms, and I don't think anyone wants to get two brews too badly in that. And what usually happens in these things is Congress just says, okay, we'll give everybody what they want, and it's sure enough are dead and deficits go go up. And that's what's been happening for many years. So we may avert a shutdown if everyone gets what they want. But it's I wouldn't be surprised it could go either way.
Speaker 2: It'll be close due only as it's just just a side note. You as a financial guy, you have any realistic hope that the deficit will ever go away?
Speaker 9: What is it now?
Speaker 2: Thirty six trillion? Thirty seven? I have no idea, but in nor does anybody, which means as much as it's a big deal, it doesn't there isn't. The perception affects my everyday life, right, So do you ever see this thing going away? There's been multiple opportunities, including last year, to try to get a handle on that thing, but people say they want to do it, but that usually means pain, which means nobody wants to do it.
Speaker 9: You're correct, and I really would love to be able to give you a different answer, but I just don't see anything that on the horizon that is going to cause of correction here unless the world stops buying our debt. We are at about thirty eight trillion right now, and at some point the rest of the world is going to say, gosh, we just don't need any more of us treasuries, and so they're gonna start slowing that down, and then the interest rates will start to rise because we're trying to incentivize countries and people to buy our debt again. And at that point, of course, it becomes a crisis. And that usually that's when Congress finally does react to try to do something, is when there's a crisis. But of course, at that point there's gonna be a lot of bad choices that have to be made.
Speaker 1: Join Deson's our guest and Duayde. One of the things you sent to us was, I had not heard about this, A new FED chairman maybe coming in. How will that impact things?
Speaker 9: Well, so, so President Trump gets to a point, a FED chairman chairman policy is resigning, and that will has the tendency to lower interest rates. President Trump has been a big advocate on trying to get interest rates lower. The FED has been saying, no, no, are we have to worry about inflation, so we can't lower the interest rates. And and I think the new chairman will see things much more eye to eye with President Trump, or he wouldn't appoint him. And so I think the second half of the year you'll see a lot more pressure to lower rates. But that chairman only has one vote and so and so there could be a lot of descent, which is unusual in that body. But the thought is is that there will be a lower interest rates which will help mortgages and help stimulate lending and that type of thing, which could be very helpful to the economy.
Speaker 2: One of the edge just moving on here, as I'm thinking, one of the major questions is going to be terriffs, right, and and you know, I know there was a we had a tearff pause with China. But now that's going to be back on what what what is in your opinion expert opinion politics aside, what have been the effects of positive negative and what do you see in the future.
Speaker 9: So I would say the big surprise of twenty twenty five was that tariffs that they screamed on to the stage in the second quarter, and they end up being, from an inflationary standpoint, a big nothing burger where they did not impact inflation like everybody was anticipating. I think businesses just adjusted and did not pass those costs on to consumers, and so I think it was actually quite positive that President Trump got what he wanted without without having to make the economy suffer for that. Now I think there's even upside in twenty twenty six in the sense that we still have some pretty big tariffs on a couple of our neighbors there in Canada and in Mexico, and there's still some others around the world, and there's opportunity to probably lower those And now China will come up again, probably at towards the end of the year. Those are always tough and there's a lot of you know of yell end and screaming, But in the end, I think both of those our countries need a deal, and so I don't think that one will blow up so borring some sort of big upset or something where that really triggers President Trump to feel like he has to raise the tariffs on China because they do something pretty tough, like they stop buying our agriculture, don't keep their commitments une barring some wild card like that, I think there's more upside in the tariffs calming down than a lot of downside where we're going to see a lot of new tariffs in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Dwayne Deson's our guests and Duayne, how about our old buddy Ai? How much is the AI bubble affecting going to affect the economy and as far as job opportunities.
Speaker 9: Go, Yeah, I think artificial intelligence has a chance to be a spoiler in twenty twenty six because there are starting to be cracks in the armor of the spending. They were a big part of our twenty five GDP, and then this year in twenty twenty six, they're they're starting to look like people may slow down spending. The companies might slow down spending on AI, and if AI it doesn't produce that type of spending, it could hit our economy hard. And it's a kind of a double edged sword. Not only is AI taking jobs away from people, so it's kind of picking up unemployment. But at the same time, if that spending and bubble bursts, you could see another big correction to the stock market. That could be like what we saw in the dot com bus for those of us that remember from two thousand, where there was a pretty big stock market drop. In fact that nan doc dropped something like seventy eight percent, which was a pretty dramatic drop at that time. So I would say AI could be the spoiler of twenty twenty six if it doesn't go well.
Speaker 2: What about and we're throwing a lot at you, but what about Venezuela? Are we going to go to war with them? And you know, using market stonle like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So in Venezuela is an example of what can come up that you didn't even expect a few months ago. A few months ago, we weren't looking at a blockade, we weren't looking at such aggressive action with Venezuela. So those are the new things that can come up that we weren't predicting. So some of that something like that could come up again in twenty twenty six. And I think that it looks like President Trump. They're not saying it, but they are looking for a regime change there, and those those never tend to go too smoothly. You know, even if Maduro leaves leaves office and decides he can't stay, there's a lot of times that ends up, you know, power struggle with who comes next, and sometimes the the what you get afterwards is worse than what you started with. So it's it's hard to tell where that will end. I think our heart's in the right place where he's a dictator and he has a lot of oil and so he has a lot of influence on that oil market. I think it's great that we're going to see him go. It is time for him to go, but we can't be sure what the aftermath is going to look like.
Speaker 1: All right, and well, while we're talking about overseas, how about China? Now the big play here. As people were talking about China making their inevitable move on Taiwan, do we see that happening next year?
Speaker 9: So most people would say no, I think there's a couple of reasons you might say yes, and that in that China right now has a great influence on the rare metals. They that is their wild card, that is their their big car that they have that they can play on us because they're one of the few producers of these rare metals, and we need them for everything from weapons systems to a lot of our high technology. And if they start a conflict in Taiwan, if we've put on heavy sanctions on them because of that, and Europe does the same, they could cut the world off essentially of these rare earth minerals. That would really hurt our economy. So unlike what has happening now with Ukraine and Russia, where we probably could put sanctions on Russia and be just fine and Russia would really suffer, I'm not sure there's the same leverage to do that on China, and China's fully aware of that. So China can look around and say, if we're ready, this might be an interesting time to do it. I don't think President Trump is a easy person to deal with on that type of thing, so I think China's aware of the challenges that might come up trying to push Trump on that type of an issue. But I do think that they have some leverage that they won't have in a few years after we've moved away from them on the rare Earth and have a few other sources that they don't have the monopoly on that.
Speaker 1: Well, Join you brought up Russia and Ukraine. Do we see this thing being resolved?
Speaker 9: I think it will be resolved in twenty twenty six because I think both sides are exhausted. I think Putin puts up, puts out his chest and says We're going to get what we need to and I'll take as long as we need to. But Putin's economy and Russia's economy is really suffering. I think if we if we increase those sanctions and put more pressure on them, I think it will continue to suffer. So I think Putin wants an out. I think Ukraine is exhausted, and so I think both parties have their acting very stubborn. But I think both of them wanted out, and I think President Trump is really going to push them to come to a resolution.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dwayne Decent, thanks so much for joining us. People want to find out more about you where can they go.
Speaker 9: Well, I you can go to my website at the efficacygroup dot com that's E F F I C A C Y group dot com and you can leave messages for me. And I'm happy to speak to anybody about these type of topics.
Speaker 2: Great, that was great, buddy, Thank you, thank you. Uh Dwayne decent man, he was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is good.
Speaker 6: And we threw a lot at him.
Speaker 2: At one point. I was almost just like seeing if I could stumping, but I couldn't. He was, he was on it, dude.
Speaker 1: We sounded we sounded like there we were getting done. How about that? Intern everyone?
Speaker 2: So you know the stars align as opposed to who was hotter.
Speaker 1: Or summers? Who were can do that all day too? Hell yeah we can't. We got it all right. Now we check out with traffic and weather. What is going on? So rock, let's talk about space, Yes, the Final Frontier.
Speaker 2: And I'm actually very concerned about this this next topic. Well, you and I talked about this the other day. I mean, who's not scared of geomagnetic solar flares?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 1: I would be until I got to know this guy. Correct, It's like being friends with Dave Hatter. I wasn't afraid of my computer or my toaster yea, and scared to death of it now correct, But Dean Reguez has joined us. Dean Rock and I are talking about this the other day. What is this thing about satellites dropping from the sky like space junk because of solar flares.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm always glad to be on with you on Friday to talk everybody down from the ledge that the universe isn't going to destroy us. So I'll start with that if that's cool with you, guys, Yeah, yeah, yeah, So the geomatic magnet storms, these are storms like big solar flares and solar coronal mass ejections that leave the surface of the Sun, travel like over a million miles an hour and enter our upper upper atmosphere. So this would cause the northern lights that we see on occasion here. So those are the beautiful side effects of that. But then if you have an extremely large eruption on the Sun, it could mess up satellites up in orbit because all that has those northern lights Basically those are up hundreds of miles up above your head, so that's in the path where the satellites mostly are. And so if we would have a really, really big storm from the Sun. It could wipe out a bunch of satellites and would be yeah, pretty pretty bad for communications, pretty bad for GPS, pretty bad for lots of other things.
Speaker 2: Dane dumb question, But what causes storms on the Sun? And when you talk about some of these bigger ones, like how how far off the surface of the Sun are these things extending?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's it's really hard to picture the size and magnitude of the Sun. I mean, it is so far away from us. It looks pretty small up in the sky. But it's what we're looking at that lights up our daytime is basically a bunch of nuclear explosions happening. It's all this this fusion is going on up there, and that's what's causing all this light and heat. And if it's these explosions are powerful enough to break free of the gravity of the Sun, then those rocket out through space and then can interact with the planets and that kind of stuff. Now this isn't like really heavy elements like rocks and metal and that kind of stuff. These are all gases, but they're you know, excited at these like fast velocities, and they can interact with electronics especially and so there's this really famous big sun storm that happened eighteen fifty nine, way before satellites obviously, but it did knock out like stuff on Earth, like telegraph lines got knocked out. And so that's always like one of those things where they're like, Okay, if that storm would happen today, what would happen to our you know, satellites. It probably wouldn't be good. And I know there's been all these like reports of saying, Okay, well, okay, if we get if this happens, we have three days until it gets to us, a solar storm happens. It usually takes about three days to get to the Earth, so you have three days to prepare. Well, oh man, shooting. I'm starting to be negative because I'll be honest with you guys, there's nothing you can do. You can't move satellites, yeah, like in the garage.
Speaker 1: Is that going to help?
Speaker 2: Like you know, you set out in the driveway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're there. You can't just like move the satellites to the backside of the moon for a day and then bring it back, you know. It's uh so yeah, it's it's it is a concern, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, and by the way, eighteen fifty nine, Willie talked about that on his radio show that night, The News.
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly. So yeah, that's when he graduated high school, I think.
Speaker 1: So it's so, what about here on Earth something of that magnitude. What would happen here is I mean, okay, satellites are raining on his boom boom boom. Okay, there goes the uh, you know, empire, state building or whatnot. So what happens here on Earth as far as communications, our electric brid what happens?
Speaker 6: Well, so yeah, here we'll get to the better news. Yeah, it's not like all these thousands of satellites up there are suddenly just going to fall to Earth and crash down on the things. Most of the satellites that are up there, if they are knocked out, like basically, what happens is they lose control of them, so they'll probably deorbit and most of them will burn up in the atmosphere and never make it to the ground or anything like that. So they're not going to be falling on people and that kind of stuff. It's really the communication disruption that could happen from that. But there was this other solar storm that happened I think in the eighties that it can you know, it's mostly up in the upper atmosphere, but it can affect like power lines and that kind of thing. And it knocked out power to the northeast US in the eighties, like the grid just couldn't handle it and it just turned all the power off. So it's not like it's like, you know, devastation and destruction. It's more of just like inconvenience and affecting these electric grids and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And Ed said the other day, there's like like fourteen thousand some odd satellites orbit and Earth right now. That that's a crazy amount. I would have lost a.
Speaker 6: Bet on that. Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's just it's kind of the wild West up there. Anybody that has the capability to launch a satellite can launch a satellite. There's no real regulations the size of what you do with it, that kind of thing. And so it's yeah, it's becoming thousands and thousands, and so the other thing that can happen is if a lot of these satellites lose control, which some of them will eventually, they're going to you know, age and that kind of thing. Eventually, some might run into each other up there, and when they do that, that will scatter this debris all over the place and also make it's kind of difficult to put any new satellites up there because all this junk will be up there too. So it's those things that's probably going to need some regulation, but not a lot of polices that have answers. Unfortunately, who's going to do that?
Speaker 1: You have fourteen thousand satellites up there, sounds like regulation they're going that great?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, three, that is correct? So yeah, and I mean it's like you go out on any night you could probably see a satellite or too just going over your sky. Well, so yeah, it but so the plus side is we're able to have better communication around the globe. The downside is, well, something could happen to that system also.
Speaker 1: Well, Dean, we're talking to Dean Reguez. Now, how big are some of them? Because these musk satellites are up there, is it's it's it's starlink, right, I think it's called correct, And so yeah, how big are these things? They can't be very big, right, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Now they're they're on the smaller size they're like vehicle size things that are going on there. But it's the fact that you know, hundreds, it's not thousands of them launched that. Yeah, they launched usually in batches of sixty at least that was the old way when they told us they were launching them. But now so people probably remember uh seeing those reports about these like string of lights up in the sky that looked like like a video game.
Speaker 2: I saw it a couple of years ago and we were convinced Dean it was it was it was the big A Right, finally we've seen it, yes, and he said it was starlink or something boring, and you know that the dream died that night.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 6: No, it really gives the like feels like World War three kind of thing, you know, like these these satellites going in these strings across the sky. So they have been making some efforts to make them dimmer and not be so noticeable. So I haven't heard his many reports about them lately, but they still are happening. And uh so they're going to launch the finish launching those than China is going to be launching there thousands of other ones up there, and so everybody's got their own system up there. Uh, but yeah, it's it's a it's definitely one of those things where they are going to fail and they are going to start falling to Earth, probably not going to hit anything or anybody because they're probably not big enough for that. But it's more of just uh, what else, what else? Whoever wants to throw something up there can throw something up there.
Speaker 2: So, Dani's the end of the year. And by the way, we really appreciate you throughout this year. In twenty twenty five, lots of exciting things. What about twenty twenty six. Give us a little preview of maybe the one or two big things Celestio Lee something like that in twenty six.
Speaker 1: What's going on now on space? That's what I meant to say.
Speaker 6: There we go, There we go. Yeah, thanks guys, because I'm always I'm always happy to talk to you guys too. You guys, are you into this kind of stuff? And it's good to get the word out to people. So January, the big thing is going to be the planet Jupiter, and people will probably have already been seeing it. If you're driving home at night, you can see this really bright light in the eastern sky. That's Jupiter. Will be really cool to be able to see, and it's going to be going next to the moon a couple nights in January, so that'll be kind of fun to be able to see. Then we got a lunar eclipse in March, so March third is a is a really cool lunar clips will be able to see in Cincinnati, and almost all of the country will be able to see that one, so I'm looking forward to that one. Definitely cool. I would say I'm trying. It's always hard to predict meteor showers as to which one is going to be the best one. But it's looking like August and the Persian meteor shower, which is very famous because it's summer as opposed to all the winter ones that we keep getting, like the Geminids that are supposed to be happening now, but that it's too darn cold to go outside and look at them. So Percy, it's in August should be a really good one, and then we'll see if I can give you guys a report overseas report from Spain for the total solar eclipse in August twenty twenty six. I don't know if if my phone will reach as far to you guys are going before or after, but I'm going to Spain to see the total solar clips August twelfth. I can't wait for that. And yeah, so I'll give you a report either before or after, if not during, not by you, nic, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: You're kind of like the Indiana Jones of outer space.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know this is uh. You know, I do what I do because I love what. I love it and anything to fuel my eclipse chasing lifestyle, I'm always for it. But but yeah, I'm really looking for I've never been to Spain before, and the eclipse will be there.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then I've already booked my tickets for Egypt in twenty twenty seven, New Zealand twenty twenty eighties Man Japan twenty thirty five. You know, I got my life planned out pretty well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Dean, while you're over in Spain, hopefully that'll line up with when Carnival is. I heard that's something else. By the way, so you know you'll see a few stars and a few other things during that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Hey, that sounds good to me. I'm always for that. I'll be keep looking up. But maybe look down everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once in a while you might have to better look down. You never know what's going to be down here, So yeah, you better check tway, make check it three times.
Speaker 6: With that, Dean, we will let you go.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Thanks so much. You have a great Christmas, You have a great new year, and we will talk to you in that new year.
Speaker 6: Hey, sounds great, but a great year. Talking to you guys, and have you guys happy holidays and we'll talk to you more in twenty twenty six. Keep looking up, Dan, you're the best man.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks buddy. With that, we head to traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 12: Yeah, from the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex deliver and pancreatic cancers and clinical trials you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five point three five eight five UCCC well seventy five south Pound approaching town. We have the crash on the right shoulder and tip call letting us so seventy one northbound from Montgomery.
Speaker 6: We have an accident.
Speaker 12: Thanks for the update, and we've got seventy five the southbound after two seventy five accident on the right shoulder delays back to right around Union Center. Seventy five southbound through the roadwork from Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood Lateral about a fifteen minute drive, and we're stopping. Go on seventy five south from Hoppel to the Brent Spence northbound seventy five Mitchell Tomadal Reagan Cross County Highway is again about a seven minute trip. We're also looking at seventy five southbound brent Spence to Kyle Sayings up to about a ten minute drive. One thirty one eastbound in westbound at Sutton Lane is hori find an accident just to avoid that area if you can police on the scene. My bricks shrip produce radio seven hundred W t WELLW the.
Speaker 1: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonite party cloudy in twenty two, for tomorrow partley cloudy in fifty It is thirty nine Who's radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 6: Is it true?
Speaker 7: Tom Brenneman arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order.
Speaker 6: That is not true? Is it true?
Speaker 7: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind. That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea, he said, True, Tom Brunhiman, it's the best way to start your day. You bet it's true. I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment news, and always a good time.
Speaker 2: It's my morning gift.
Speaker 7: To you, Tom Brenneman, Monday morning at five am on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 16: This report is sponsored by Jake Sweeney Automotive, serving the tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: It's red Tag time at Jake Swiney Chevrolet.
Speaker 16: Together.
Speaker 1: All right, Rock, I can go for a long, long long time without ever hearing this song again. Hang a lot. Is this in your book the worst one? It's right up there. If it's yes, that's pretty bad. So we're talking about I can concentrate when I hear it. We're talking about favorite Christmas songs and your least favorite like that right there happens to be one of mine.
Speaker 2: Yes, And we're gonna play some cuts and yeah, sure, get in the old Christmas spirit.
Speaker 1: Here five, one, three, seven, nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, the big one and one that might and I don't know if we have it in there, but Drew maybe we can find that during the break. Is the Man with the Bag.
Speaker 2: It's an old like something from the fifties. Now, that's something one that McConnell likes. It's about the kid dying on Santa's lap.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one that McConnell always Yeah, yeah, there's for some reason you always liked that one. Well, if you haven't ever heard of it, it's pretty bathetic. It's like the Red Shoes. But we're gonna take your calls five with three seven four nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, the big one. We'll get to you right after the news News Radio seven hundred w l W. Yeah, dingle, we're talking Christmas songs. You like songs, you can't stand that you you always like hearing or songs you will hate hearing. Now, for whatever reason, my wife have has developed some kind of I mean, it's it's hate of that song right there. I have no idea why.
Speaker 2: It's just like it seems like a good swing kind of song, is you know, it just.
Speaker 1: Kind of it's the Man with a bag. Yeah, She's like, that makes me it's stupid. You're stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you look at it.
Speaker 1: We've been we've been hearing we've been to cover thirty years and that's kind of where we're at as a couple. You're stupid, okay, whatever, but it's really not even a debate.
Speaker 2: The best Christmas song?
Speaker 6: Is this one? A school?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: The YouTube versions better? Oh god, do they do one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you haven't try to ruin some fantastic Oh come on, man, Yeah, for my money, that's I think that's the tops.
Speaker 1: Yeah. An Hey, I ain't gotta argue with you. She was on I think the Tonight Show the other night doing.
Speaker 6: This still live?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: Still live? Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: And can still say prefer her? So Arlene low Drew, do you have the superior version? Yeah? Thank Christmas, please come home.
Speaker 6: Oh god, the machine is getting ready to ruin it right now. You didn't.
Speaker 2: You have never heard that travesty of justice. I have heard a song. It's not the worst, all right.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you like you two?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think we have it on tape. Say that for next year. Correct. Let's get to your calls and talk to Matt in South Dakota. Hey, Matt, what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it?
Speaker 16: Go on. Happy holidays, you guys, love you guys, just like brothers.
Speaker 3: I have a great brother, but I wish I have more.
Speaker 1: Thank you, brother, I appreciate you.
Speaker 16: Here's a great one. It's absolutely my favorite. Christmas at Ground Zero by Weird Al.
Speaker 1: I know that song. I don't think we have that one though, Matt, but I know that song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard that. Yeah, weird Al's different, different cat.
Speaker 1: Mean, let me tell you so, I tell you, hey, Matt, have you ever seen him alive? Weird Al.
Speaker 16: He's coming to a kind of uh super rapid city where I live next June.
Speaker 1: Go you know what, go see him, man, I'm not kidding you. He's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And uh and that's well, thanks buddy. Let's uh, let's get to Jim and Amelia.
Speaker 17: Hey Jim, what's up, Hey, guys, Merry Christmas real quick. That guy and the red snopy and the red baron. Yeah, and and that has a historical truism because you know, Christmas breath fire, the guys in the trunches trying to get and on that Christmas Day.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thanks Jim. Yeah, I crank this up a little bit there.
Speaker 6: I think I was.
Speaker 1: Standing or eleven when this came out. I had the of course, I had the same one, of course, and played it like until my mom and dad told me he wasn't doing it. All right, let's take some more calls here and talk to Chuck and Cleaves. What's going on, buddy, Merry Christmas? Sells back at your son.
Speaker 6: Twelve Red Meg Days of Christmas? Yes, Foxworthy?
Speaker 1: Oh is that Foxworthy? I thought maybe it might be cable guy.
Speaker 6: No, that's fox Worthy.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like, didn't you guys play that one on ev N?
Speaker 7: Even?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about that. I don't. I mean, we might have. He did the Twelve Pains of Christmas? Remember that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you tell me we did, we did.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for you to go, yeah, I remember that rock I don't remember you remember you played it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: What's I don't remember a lot of What's funny is I rocked herned a right? It was surprising. I wrenched into a box today and was looking for one of my old EBN Christmas sweatshirt and pulled and first thing I pulled out was this and it's from eighty eight, nineteen eighty eight. It's got the frog and like a red tight suit skiing.
Speaker 6: It's cool. It's cool.
Speaker 1: Hey, we can't tell you the rest of it, yes, the staff only. By the way, Hey, Tracy and Hamilton, what's going on? Trace Not much, guys.
Speaker 18: Merry Christmas and a happy to New Year to both of you guys and your families and back. But I do have one that you played on EBN and I cannot go the holiday season without hearing it. And that is sent the Claus and his old lady by cheating Charms back in the day.
Speaker 1: That was strong.
Speaker 18: I cannot go without that one.
Speaker 1: No, I totally agree with you. It's uh, it's kind of long, but damn, it's good. You never heard that.
Speaker 2: I heard the teaching Chong. Yeah, that was a little before my time, teaching Chung. You know, come on, man, I know I under cultural impact.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Johnny. Hey, Johnny, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Buddy? Dude?
Speaker 5: Who just said that that's before his time? And you're gonna tell me that that lame song y'all played a while ago from nineteen thirty. Gend me your break the best song besides Cheating Chong. I gotta agree with that guy anyway.
Speaker 6: I love you guys, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Messing with you.
Speaker 5: But uh, I'm I'm all about the Eagles singing I'll be home for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jews Drew, we got that one? Eagles? Eagles? Which one was it?
Speaker 1: Please come home Christmas?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey, by the way, I gotta, I gotta.
Speaker 6: I got a prayer if.
Speaker 3: You guys want to help me out with it.
Speaker 5: Okay, we God raised the Bengals from the dead.
Speaker 1: An, thanks, Johnny.
Speaker 6: This is a good Christmas song right here? Yeah, kick this?
Speaker 1: Do have the see I didn't know. I thought the Eagles wrote this. This is an old soul. Oh yeah, it's a good version once again. And you know what the B side of this is. I'm not kidding you. Hotel California.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Funky New Year.
Speaker 2: Really look it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's get to h Ed and Western Hills. Hey, Ed, what's up?
Speaker 14: Bud Sings? The work is missing the roll keep insisting, I Warner close Soupenny whose walking around in women's underwear?
Speaker 2: That is a great, beautiful song.
Speaker 1: I God, I forget what that is. I'm kind of a brain fard on that one.
Speaker 6: I'm off on that one too.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Todd Loveland. Hey Todd, what's up?
Speaker 19: Oh, Marry Christmas all you guys.
Speaker 3: So I got a challenge for you. See, I mean people's heard of this one, but my favorite Christmas album, but my wife dreads it anytime I play it. From Tales of the Crypt the crypt Keeper singing Christmas songs?
Speaker 2: No way, I'm miss that one. Now, A crip keeper was cool. I never heard him sing a Christmas song though.
Speaker 16: Yeah, he had his own Christmas album.
Speaker 4: It had been played on EBN back when the album first came out around Christmas time.
Speaker 15: But I'd like to see your guy play one of those.
Speaker 3: In the background says something like the Eagles.
Speaker 2: All right, if we have the crypt Keeper singing Christmas songs, Drew play it. But I deep on that one.
Speaker 1: Wait, we've got we've got a deep library here. But uh, we'll see where you can find the crypt Keeper. Hey Tom, what's going on there in Loveland?
Speaker 6: Hey? How you doing today?
Speaker 1: Goodbye?
Speaker 6: Good All right.
Speaker 3: I'm a music trivia host.
Speaker 15: I've been hosting music trivia at a local tavern for twenty years, and every year I bring out my rock and roll Christmas songs and one during my research that I came across now that the guy, uh said, the crypt keeper, but it's spinal Tap does a song called Christmas with the Devil and it's hilarious, and uh yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Think it's hilarious. But my favorite, my favorite song is uh.
Speaker 1: Here it is, hey, top, we got it?
Speaker 6: Hey so hey.
Speaker 3: My favorite one is the King Father Christmas.
Speaker 1: Totally agree with that.
Speaker 6: I like this song.
Speaker 3: Good, all right, guys, have a good one.
Speaker 1: Thank you, cheers, buddy, thank you.
Speaker 2: Those Christmas with the dough that sounded good. Nice little eighties vintage stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh and here's Father Christmas by the King Do you remember this?
Speaker 6: And this? And yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: I like it because it's mean. Yeah, yeah, let's talk to you it Tasha in Norwood. What's going on? Tasha? Hey, guys, Merry Christmas, Mary Chris, I have a good one.
Speaker 6: I hope you haven't.
Speaker 9: It's uh James Brown Santa Claus goes straight.
Speaker 6: To the Ghetto.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't remember that, really, no, dude, that's it's really creousy.
Speaker 6: If we have that one.
Speaker 2: The ghetto, fantastic Gosha.
Speaker 1: We're the coolest people here right.
Speaker 3: Now, absolutely absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 1: And wait, I don't know obviously we don't have it, but uh, all right, cool, Hey Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: What do you got?
Speaker 19: Heyy I got one way back in the vault. It's not the best Christmas song, but it's a short Christmas song and it's different though. Paul and the Raiders doing Raine sleeper snuff.
Speaker 1: I'll find that one, dude, I've never I don't know that one though, And I'm a Raiders fan. And thanks Jef?
Speaker 6: All right, is it right here?
Speaker 1: Turns around? Turn this up a little bit true?
Speaker 9: Ever?
Speaker 6: Stucking you?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 9: Yah?
Speaker 2: The kids are going to.
Speaker 6: Leave Batar, leave a doll from.
Speaker 2: Me, leave it two for Johnny, leave a doll from Mary, and forget about Gary for as long as the rhymes. Man, you meet him by the way, I.
Speaker 1: Know Bootsy for a little bit. He's great. Hey Bob, what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 20: Guys, what's going on?
Speaker 6: You tell us?
Speaker 20: Okay, I gotta agree with the one dad when that one guy said about Grandma got run over by reindeer. I love Christmas.
Speaker 6: I'm one of these guys.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of guys don't. I love it. But when I hear that I just I turn into hate.
Speaker 20: I just I see a drunken hillbilly talking about his grandma or something.
Speaker 6: I can't handle it.
Speaker 1: Grandma gets killed and they start playing poker drinking beers. Dude, come on, why not?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, exactly, that's what I do.
Speaker 20: Yeah for stuff.
Speaker 6: I tell you what.
Speaker 20: I heard this for the first time like two days ago. If you can look it up. It was like on an next M channel. It was actually it was a Cincinnati Boys Chorus with the Cincinnati Symphony was Eric Kunzel, and they were doing Christmas Time this year. It's just the best happiest freaking version of that song that you'll ever hear, and it's really good.
Speaker 9: It just if you have a chance to look it up.
Speaker 20: And also like Tom Petty's Christmas All Over Again.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what, that's kind of a favorite too, Bob. Thank you man. Let's get one more in squeeze, Mary and Walton. What's going on?
Speaker 20: Mary?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, good afternoon.
Speaker 20: One of my favorites is Santa Claus Is Coming to Town when Bryce Springsteen sings it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's uh good one. That's a classic. Definitely, And thanks man. So your favorite, hands down favorite?
Speaker 2: Well, I told you, yeah, please come up for Christmas. Darling love Oh so it and and Brenda Lee rocking around the Christmas tree. I told my son the other day that song was on. I said, what's the age of the woman singing that song? He's like, you know, forty three or whatever. I'm like thirteen. Brenda Lee was thirteen when she sung that song.
Speaker 6: Wild.
Speaker 1: I gotta go net King Cole Christmas song.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Ever defeats me?
Speaker 3: Yes? Uh with that.
Speaker 1: We check in with traffic and weather, what is going on?
Speaker 12: And from the UC Health Traffic Center. You see, He's cancer center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and banker had cancers and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion called five one, three, five eight five U see see see traffic is sowing on two seventy five at the Carol Cropper Bridge West Spound at the Kentucky Indiana state line. With the ongoing road work. It's a half hour delay because of the single enclosures here, so again planning on extra time. Columbia Parkway at arm Leader is where we've gotten an accident that has police on the scene now seventy one north bound Norwood Ladder to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highways about a fifteen minute trip. And we're looking at seventy five selling southbound from Ronal Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral and again from Hoppele to the Brent Spence Bridge. Northbound seventy five in Kentucky from right around US forty two to the Brent Spence is a twenty minute trip. Rick'shred produced Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for Tonite Portley Cloudy in twenty two for tomorrow Partley Cloudy in fifty it is thirty. Now who's radio seven hundred WLW. I'm sure you've asked yourself the question before. What's the worst part of getting your hand chewed up in a garbage disposal? No, it's not the screaming, or the fountains of blood, or spending the rest of your life trying to figure out how to work a doorknob.
Speaker 10: The worst part is that it could cause you to miss part of my show, The Scott Sloan Show.
Speaker 1: But there is hope with the hand you have left.
Speaker 10: Just punch up the podcast of my show on the iHeartRadio app and catch what you missed.
Speaker 1: It's a win win for us all, Nubby.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by Jake Sweney Automotive, serving the Tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: It's red Tag time at Jake Swinney Chevrolet. Together, let's drive and get zero percent APR.