Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American idiots?
Speaker 2: Got slow show seven hundred WLW. You always kick off Friday morning with this little Bengal football talk three and seven in Cincinnati and nine and two New England. Who saw that coming at the beginning of the season. No more Brady, No, we're Belichick. Now it's May and Rabel. They're getting it done. Joining the show this morning as always Fridays before game day is the living legend. That'd be Dan Horde on the show. Dan Horde, you are a living legend.
Speaker 3: Good morning, sir, that's kind of you to say, Sloany, I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: Now you hear your voy.
Speaker 2: Good good, good, good good. This is arguably one of the biggest sports weekend in Cincinnati history. If you think about it, maybe that's a little overblown. But you've got this Bengals game. We'll get to that in a second. Why that's so big tonight? You've got Saint X and Elder at pay Course Stadium. You've got UC and Louisville, you have FC Cincinnati and Inter Miami playing. You've got BYU and UC and the Bengals on Sunday. What am I missing?
Speaker 3: You are missing a UC versus nji T on Monday. It continues right into Monday with the New Jersey Institute of Technology rolling into town.
Speaker 2: It's good. What is their team? What's the mascot there?
Speaker 3: They are the Highlanders, the Highlanders based in Newark, New Jersey, and it's a prestigious academic institution.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm sure it is. Okay, So the what do you say? The minute many artichokes?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 6: Lander?
Speaker 2: Highlanders? Highland? J I T Highlander? Let me write that down here. Well, if we have time, we'll break that matchup down. I don't know if we'll be able to get We may have to hold you on for another segment Dan to cover that, but I'm prepared. Let's let's jump in with the news here. First, Burrow or no Burrow. I don't know if you heard this morning and yesterday we played it was that good. Tom Brenneman sat down with coach Zach Taylor, and Zach in his two or three minutes he was on. Tom pressed him like it was sixty minutes for an answer on whether or not the yeah, he went full say, Zach was sweating smoking cigarettes. It was unbelievable. But as I've replayed it, I'm listening to this and you know, coaching going to give it away. Normally, if a players not playing and you kept pushing it, they kind of like cut you off. You know, you've been at many press conferences and probably have done that many times yourself. I know what that's like. But yet the coach was very very jovial about it, like in a really really good mood. Despite what's going on with the seam, no Jamar Chase, no Trey Hendrickson. You've got New England coming to town. You know, let's face it, hot seats are hab. He seemed awfully happy, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it feels to me like he's a go on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're there yet, but I think it's the real possibility. Joe practice with the you know, eleven on eleven drills on Wednesday, did it again yesterday, and we'll do it again today. They practiced this morning. I think after three days of practice, he'll be evaluated and they will be closer to making a decision. There's also a Joe Flacco factor here. Keep in mind, he heard his show against the Jets. He's been practicing just once a week, so there's a little bit of a combo going on where the sub is now hurt and the injured guy is now getting healthy. But I think it is a real possibility that Brow returns this week, which would be amazing, basically a month ahead of schedule.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. I mean, it's really really something to him and the training staff, the medical staff and anyone else. And you probably won't see him under center because you know he's got a backpedal with that bad foot. You don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, to tell you the truth. I mean, if Joe comes back, he's only coming back if the foot specialist and the doctors say you're good to go. Now. He will play with some sort of protective you know, plate or something in his shoe to give it a little bit of extra protection. But I don't think they're going to let him come back if he is significantly compromised. Now, Joe doesn't love being under center anyway. He takes most of his snaps out of the shotgun. So under healthy circumstances, a hundred percent healthy circumstances, he's not under center a lot.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: But if he comes back, I think he's coming back with a green light to do anything that they would normally have him to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also to feed into that too. I mean if this were his plant foot, different story, I think, and hey, can you get away and not being one hundred percent on that one, And that's something the medical staff hasked away. I was talking to Tony Pike about this yesterday. And you know, a player also has to be honest about the pain level they're feeling, too, and players want to play, and so again it's it may be a perfect science still in perfect in that capacity that someone wants to do something like that, I'll be good. I'm okay, And athletes are famous for that. So and in the fear obviously is risking the off season. So we don't want to see that happen.
Speaker 4: No, we don't.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure they are counting on Joe to be honest because he knows his value to the franchise. He's the most important guy in the building. So if he's feeling anything significant other than you know, the tiniest bit of residual pain, he's got to tell the docs and the foot specialists and protect himself.
Speaker 2: That is the most incredible story I think of the season is that Joe Burrow went down with turftow and he's back in record time.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: The other thing, too, is you start looking. We've talked about this, Dan threading the needle right there, three and seven right now. You felt last week was a must win game at Pittsburgh that didn't work out. Obviously, you got nine to two New England coming in. No Trey Hendrickson, no Jamar. There's a lot on the line in this particular game, and there's not much will the room left if you lose this one.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not even thinking about that anymore, and I don't think many people realistically are sure. If you run the table, then that possibility comes back into play. But we said last week's game was must win in terms of still having chance and in a division they didn't win. So now you look at different things to try to accomplish over the final seven games of the season, and number one on the list is trying to figure out which guys on defense can be part of the solution to a defense that has obviously really struggled for the last couple of years with all these young guys that they've drafted since twenty twenty two, Which guys do you think have a chance to be part of a competent defense, Which guys don't, because at the end of this year, there are definitely going to be major changes on that side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't think it over shadow. I mean, the two franchises right now this year are heading in opposite directions. And I think the narrative for the AFC Patriots nine and two with a twenty three year old potential MVP quarterback and a top five defense, to me, that's like the big story of the AFC. The Patriots came out of maybe not out of nowhere, but I don't think anyone saw this level of success.
Speaker 3: They won four games last year, and they won four games the year before, so yeah, I think maybe people expected a significant improvement, but nobody expected nine and two. They have feasted on a pretty weak schedule to this point and it's pretty weak going forward. So it's been a good year in that respect for the Patriots. They're having one of those years. The Bengals had this a few years ago where it seems like whenever they play, one of the other team's best guys is out and it's happening again this week, Jamar Chase, no doubt so the timing it just has been good. I do think, though, there's something encouraging in the Patriots story, and that is the fact that last year these two teams almost gave up the same amount of points. The Bengals gave up seventeen more in seventeen games than the Patriots did in one year. The Patriots have fixed their defense. They're getting up less than twenty points a game. They signed several free agents that have helped them flip it. The Bengals are going to have to use free agency in the draft to try to flip it. But the Patriots have proven this year it can be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I you know, we've seen this before too. Sample size here with Drake may he has what twenty eight hundred passing yards and I'm leaving the NFL twenty tds. He's putting huge numbers up right now. He appears to be the next franchise quarterback there New England. Are we overreacting though in the short number of games they played.
Speaker 3: No, I think he is that guy for the Patriots. You know, Joe Burrow took the Bengals to the Super Bowl in his second year, and I think in many instances with quarterbacks, if they have this type of year in year two, you know pretty confidently that you've got your guy. He was a third pick in the draft.
Speaker 4: For a reason.
Speaker 3: You know this is turning out to be last year's draft pretty extraordinary for quarterbacks, with Jayden Daniels going to, Drake May going three, and Caleb Williams going one. All of those guys have had pretty impressive moments in their first year and a half. The Patriots are nine and two, the Bears are seven and three. Daniels took Washington to the NFC Championship Game last year, so I'm not sure which of the three is ultimately going to turn out to be the best, but I think all three of those teams feel pretty good about the guy they took. And then throw bow knicks in there as well. Four quarterbacks from last year's draft doing really well, incredible.
Speaker 2: They do have a lot of Drake May face a lot of pressure though I think second most of the NFL and sacks something along those lines.
Speaker 4: This week.
Speaker 2: Can the Bengals generate pressure on May without him there? And Shamar Stewart, while not that he was doing anything. But those two are not going to play this weekend. Can they get anything in the pass rush game going? Well, they can't get as much as they would have if they had Trey, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: We really haven't seen Chamar yet since Opening Day have a big impact on a game. One of the reasons why may a second in the NFL at being sacked is that he will hold the ball, try to make big plays. He uses his legs a lot, He's a good runner, so I would anticipate the Bengals will probably get to him a couple of times because of that. But you know, can they harass him the way that Houston harassed Josh Allen last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And unfortunately probably not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a whole different set of circumstances there, Dan Horde. As far as the Patriots defense goes, best run defense in football, It's gonna be a tough day for Chase Browning company right now, especially considering, you know, Joe's gonna have one less tool. We talked about Jamar Chase being out this week for spitting on Jalen Ramsey in sunday thirty four to twelve loss. So Tea will Tea obviously but Gasecki's back, though he returned to practice miss last four games. I had that Peck injuries on the IR so you got him. But who steps some of that other wide receiver roles at Yoshi vas Tinsley?
Speaker 3: Yes, and yes, I think those two guys will start. Obviously Yosi Vash does anyway, So the guy that will take the bulk of the snaps that are available because Jamar will not play, will likely be Mitch Tinsley, maybe Charlie Jones see some action. I do think that there's a good chance that Kasseki will be activated, and I think you're going to see a lot of Chase Brown. Chase Brown has had one hundred or more combined rushing and receiving yards now for four straight games. The early season slump is over. He had ninety nine rushing yards last week against the good run stopping Pittsburgh defense, and the Patriots are excellent at that. But they lost their best defensive lineman this past Weeklton Williams went on injured reserves, so they're not going to have him, and the run defense has shown maybe a little bit of leakage over the past couple of weeks. Their last two opponents and both average more than five yards of carry. So maybe the Bengals can get something going on the ground this week.
Speaker 2: I hope so, because you think Joe's probably gonna have to maybe hand the ball a little bit more, just take the pressure off. You know what was interesting?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 2: Which Joe?
Speaker 7: Do you have to clarify our Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. We got so many Joe's. I'd imagine Christian Gonzalez is going to line up across T Higgins as the number one. That's going to be a real good test for T Higgins. The Patriots haven't done that this year. They did that last year. He's their best corner. Last year they had him a shadow the other team's best guy. They've mixed that up this year where sometimes they have Gonzales defend the number two guy in order to double team the number one guy, which some teams do. So they'll probably mix it up this week because Jamar is out, I suppose it becomes more likely Di Gonzales will follow T Higgins around, but I wouldn't expect that to.
Speaker 4: Be the case in every snap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you explain the resurgence of Steph Diggs?
Speaker 3: Well, he was hurt last year. You know, he's when he's played, he's always played well. He's been a pain in the neck for some of his previous organizations. He obviously, you know, wore out his welcome in Buffalo, but before that happened, he was phenomenal. So he's healthy. He's back from a torn acl I think that happened in week four last year, so it was early enough for him to rehab and to be ready for the start of the season.
Speaker 4: So he's a great player.
Speaker 3: And you know when he's not grumpy because of the amount of throws coming his way, he always performs.
Speaker 2: Seems like he's moved past I mean, he's thirty one at this point. He's not Walsh. But you know it took him a long time to learn that lesson is not to be that guy in the locker room. It doesn't appears that all that way, and just happy with what he's he gets in New England.
Speaker 3: Well, he's been great so far. But I think that's always been the case early wherever he's been. Maybe that will continue to be the case long term in New England. You know, last year is one year with Houston. Again, it didn't last very long. He towards acl in October, but he was named to captain. They said everything great about him. So I do think that when he gets a you know, a fresh start somewhere, there's always a great honeymoon period and the Patriots are enjoying it right now.
Speaker 2: All right, Danny, give us a timeline here indicators that Joe Burrow will or won't play, starting with today, because what Today's the day you got to make some moves. You've got to make an active house's work.
Speaker 3: So he'll practice today and they'll continue to evaluate how his toe feels. They'll also be keeping an eye on Flacco to see how his shoulder feels. If Joe Burrow is going to play on Sunday, they would have to activate him right now. He's still in the twenty one day window where he can practice without counting against the fifty three man roster, so that could be done as late as tomorrow. They don't have to do it today, So we probably won't know for sure today, but if he practices and everything goes smoothly, it probably continues to move in the direction at least of possible weturn to the lineup this week, and that would require the Bengals activating him sometime before the game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: And then you'd have to also release him, So it would it be Jake Brownie.
Speaker 3: Well, Sean Clifford is on the fifty three man roster right now, So Sean Clifford, I would think, would be removed from the fifty three man roster. The Bengals would probably try to put him back on the practice squad and that would open up a spot for Joe Gotcha.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, because you know, obviously if Joe is ready to go, and God forbid, something happens. Joe Flacco doesn't seem like he's going to be able to throw the ball. You need somebody who is well, has an arm. So that kind of leads Jake Brownie, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, Joe Flacco hasn't missed any time because of his shoulder injury, and it happened in the Jets game week. I'm sure he probably took a shot to the shoulder before the game. He went out and threw for four hundred and seventy yards. Then he had a bye week, then he played last week. Didn't play great against the Steelers. I didn't think he threw.
Speaker 4: The ball as well.
Speaker 3: As he had. But you know, who knows if that's the shoulder. If it was the windy conditions in Pittsburgh, could have been a bad day. He says, he's feeling a little bit better as the weeks go along. So I think Joe's probably okay to play. I have not watched him practice this week. You know, we only get to see so much once the season begins, So I would expect that if Burrow gets the green light and comes back this week, the pecking order would be Joe B, Joe F, and then Jake got it.
Speaker 2: So you see, basketball got louis number six, Louisville in town. And of course the other game here is BYU. U see under the lights at Nippert with the national TV audience coming to town at noon on Fox, and of course overshadowed by your broadcast you and Pike tomorrow at at Nippert Stadium. I was just so unsure you were too in Arizona. Was disappointed with that Arizona loss.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You want to have that momentum going into BYU and all of a sudden you're looking at possibles in three straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very disappointed in that game because I think the two teams are comparable, and when that's the case, you got to win the home games, yep, against teams that are about the same as you are. And then they didn't get that done last week, and it is disappointing because had they won that game, there would be a ton at stake tomorrow night. The interest level would be huge nationally because had Cincinnati won last week, and if the Bearcats should win again tomorrow, they would have been right in the hunt for playing in the Big twelve championship game. They controlled their destiny as of last week. Now they don't. They still got a shot to make it if they win tomorrow, but they need other teams to lose. You never like it when that's the case. It's Senior Night tomorrow. It's a great senior class. And last year they ended the season on a sour no they were five and two and didn't win a game. They lost the last five games. This year they were seven and one. Now they've lost to in a row. They're trying to avoid another similar late season slide. So BYU is the favorite Tomorrow. BYU is excellent. They're number eleven in the country. They've only lost once. It's a really good team. But I think Cincinnati is a really good team. The atmosphere is going to be great. Let's see if the Bearcats can you deliver in one of those memorable home wins over a you know, a highly ranked team that we've seen in the past.
Speaker 2: All right, then you got Louisville. Good night, and then quick turnaround of course the big game Monday against NTI, JEN and NBC.
Speaker 3: What is it n j I T the New Jersey Institute of Technology, the all the modern of original astronaut Wally Sier.
Speaker 2: You're not big? How about that? All right? Thank New Jersey Instance Technology? Or are the the Petri Dishes? What what was again?
Speaker 4: Islanders?
Speaker 2: Islanders? Yeah, that's the Highlander Island. See, I got you all right, I'm gonna write that down. Dan Hord, have a great games all weekend long. He won't shut up till Tuesday. Dan Horde, Voice of the Bengals. Sunday, we'll find out out. Joey B or maybe Joey F. One of the Joey's are going to be in there for sure. All the best, brother, Thanks again for the time. I appreciate you. You bet have a good game, and we've got a news update happening right now as we slide in the weekend here, it's a Scott Sloan show with Will Gans from ABC. The new uh Wicked movie is out right now. He's seen that? Is it worth it? We'll get into that and some streaming stuff as well. Seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Now a man who has entertainment reporting of coursing through.
Speaker 6: His beans, which makes him a medical opaity.
Speaker 5: He is ABC Will Gans from New York.
Speaker 2: Will Gans is here from ABC in New York. How are you doing, brother?
Speaker 6: I'm doing all right? How are you?
Speaker 2: Everything is lovely ready for a big weekend here before we get in to obviously the big news here and that's a Wicked movie. A couple of things on streaming, and it kind of throw a curveball at as I usually do. We finally settled the YouTube TV carriage dispute between Disney and ESPN, and it just seems like is it me or are we just getting more of the stuff with streaming. It's like it's happening all the time now.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think it's just you, you know, And I think like, as these mergers continue to happen, we're probably gearing up for even more confusing consolidations or disputes or both. But yeah, no, it definitely does feel like you know, in this brave new frontier of streaming that like they haven't figured it out yet. And the next thing coming up, by the way, like and this has already happened everywhere except for the United States, is that Hulu is essentially going away and it's just going to be like a tab in your Disney Plus app as well. So like you know, if you if you are used to going to Hulu to watch any of your favorite stuff, like pretty soon that's going to be a big shift as well.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: It is not just you, it's it's it's definitely a more and more frequent card.
Speaker 2: And it seems like more so with sports too, because it just, you know, it gets it's it's difficult, it's more expensive, and the everything's going up when it comes to sports rights holders because there's so much money in sports right now, and obviously there's going to be dispute between in this case to carry YouTube TV which continues to grow and in this case Disney slash ESPN.
Speaker 5: Exactly, And you know, sports really is like I think I saw a headline fairly recently that like for Disney, like half half of the like you know, creative budget for for.
Speaker 6: You know, next year is it's like.
Speaker 5: Half sports, half scripted entertainment and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: So, you know, sports is really.
Speaker 4: One of the few.
Speaker 5: Instances where you have to be watching live to enjoy it, where like everything else pretty much you know, you can stream, you know, without having missed out on too much of anything. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, not to get too philosophical, but I think the future it's gonna be AI. Right, it's gonna be AI characters, AI voice, AI script writing. It's going to be top to bottom AI, no mat much Hollywood fights it. That's the way things are headed. It's going to be all generated you know, talent so to speak, and people, actors, et cetera. Uh, that leaves the only thing left is going to be maybe reality TV, but certainly live sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly, I mean, and obviously you know, personally, of course, I hope you're wrong, and you know, I don't know, Yeah, you know, because like, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: One's going to go on striketh. There's not going to be people quitting shows. It's a it's like the Simpsons.
Speaker 5: You just get new people to draw it right right, Yeah, I mean it does get very philosophical because it's like, you know, then to what it's like, what is art?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 5: It's like AI is writing the script for you know, the movie, you know, the movie that is supposed to move you. I don't know, I don't know, but yeah, sports, I guess, you know.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'll pivot careers and see.
Speaker 5: You know how I how I fare as a running back?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well maybe I Don'll be virtual football teams. I suppose I your team was a super Bowl every year. Possibly this is not what you signed up for. Of course we're talking about. Well, I love talking to you because you know all this stuff. All right, So, a little movie you may have heard of. It's called Wicked, and I was impressed the other night. I didn't watch it, but the original was only a year old. I was on NBC already that usually, you know, again, talk about how things are changing. Back in the day, it would be years before a big movie like that would show, would be a big event. And now it's like, hey, a year later and okay, NBC broadcast you can show it. Why is that happening?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I think you know, because you have the big you know, media conglomerates.
Speaker 2: They know that if they show Wicked.
Speaker 5: Part one on NBC, it might remind everybody, oh yeah, Wicked Part two is coming out. Let's go spend twenty dollars a person. And so for them, it's like a giant.
Speaker 2: Commercial, you know what I mean, Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know, and and I think, you know, to.
Speaker 5: Some extent obviously paying off. I think Wicked Part two would have done fine regardless, but now it's looking at one hundred and fifty million dollars this weekend opening, which would be the biggest you know, theatrical release of the year. So you know, all their ideas.
Speaker 6: They also had like a live special where the cat was singing, and.
Speaker 5: You know, of course they've been doing these massive premieres in every major city you know, on the globe, so you know, all of that press has has paid off.
Speaker 2: It seems like yeah, yeah, now, now the you know, a year ago it came out, biggest, one of the great movies, and now it's like, okay, we'll just show it on broadcasts and after that, because you're right, it's a it's a basically a lost leader. If you wanted to see Wicked. You've seen it because it's available everywhere, streaming, you know, whatever, whatever platform, it's just available to go. So you know it's going to come to market faster, I guess, come to broadcast faster. So let's pivot a Wicked for Good in the theaters this weekend. What can you expect?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is for.
Speaker 5: Anyone who's seen the musical. This is Act two of the musical. It's a little bit darker and the music is not as familiar. You know. Part one you get to find gravity and popular and all of the biggest songs from the from the musical.
Speaker 6: So part two, you know, you might not recognize as much of the music.
Speaker 5: That's not to say it's not as good, it's just less recognizable. And you know, so I will also say that like the second act of the musical, just the source material is not as it's not paced as well. It's a little clunkier maybe, So you know, reviews are sort of saying, you know, I don't think it's as good as the first one. But that said, you know, for fans of the first one, it's you know, you'll you'll get all of the stuff you love. There's humor. There's a lot of heart and to continue the Wizard of Oz, you know, metaphor, there's a lot of brains I guess as well here. So it's excellent. It's Ariana Grande and Cynthia Rivo, you know, shining, you know, and you get to see how this whole thing ends. So you know, I think it's going to do huge numbers this weekend, and with good reason.
Speaker 6: It's it's a great movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, So it stands up. If you are a fan of the genre, then you're gonna lie. It's it's this is it right? There's no part three, it's one and.
Speaker 5: Two exactly, exactly, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's something out if you're not going to go to the theaters this weekend. Streaming stuff. Claire Danes, you may remember, who arguably talk about a niche for someone like this. She plays the best crazy slash paranoid person I think I've ever seen, you know what I mean, And she played that character so well for years and now she's got something new.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So this is a psychological thriller. It's a limited series, so eight episodes on Netflix. She plays an author who lost her son a few years ago, and she sort of hasn't been able to write, hasn't really been able to leave her house too much, and she, you know, she's an uninspired author. And then this guy moves in down on the street. He's a millionaire whose ex wife went missing.
Speaker 4: A few years ago.
Speaker 5: So she is sort of thinking, Okay, this could be good material for my next book.
Speaker 6: But is he a murderer?
Speaker 5: She is? She losing her marbles a little bit, and and you know, they start off a little content and they sort of formed this weird, you know, friendship, and right from the jump it's pretty gripping. So and like you said, you know, she is such a force on screen, so.
Speaker 6: She's fabulous in it. The guy's played by Matthew Reeves.
Speaker 4: He's great too.
Speaker 5: So if you need like sort of a psychological thriller, this is the Beast in Me on Netflix and all the episodes are out.
Speaker 2: So she's unstable, like she wasn't Homeland all those years. Yes, awesome, that's a great type cancel one. But because she's been other things obviously, but man, you watch Homelands like she was so good.
Speaker 6: In that exactly, and you know, it's not an easy thing to.
Speaker 5: Play like an unreliable narrator type, so you know she does it very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, the beast in me? What else you got?
Speaker 5: Season two of Palm Royals on Apple TV. The first few episodes are out now. So season one, this is the one with Kristin Wig and Alison Janny and Laura Dern And season one I was like a little bit.
Speaker 6: I just felt mid about yeah, exactly, it's all right.
Speaker 5: But season two, I think they really sort of figure themselves out a little bit. You know, they give us a lot more humor, which you want when Kristen Wigg is the lead in your show, and you know, it's a lot more like hijinks and hilarity and you know, murder and things like that. So it moved along in a much faster clip. And yeah, So if you were sort of okay about the first season, which I was, and I understand, I think it's worth giving season two a try because so far it feels like it's correcting the mistakes of the first season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love Kristin Wig, and it struck me as I watched I think we watched maybe the first and part of the second, I was like, okay, I'm not feeling this time to move and that's sad because it's everything now is like, okay, if you don't hook me at the beginning, I'm out right, it's Kristin Wig. You wanted Kristen Wigg to be Kristen Wigg and she wasn't. And that sounds like maybe in the second season they're starting to maybe play that a little bit better, which is, you know why people show up, Let's.
Speaker 4: Face it, exactly exactly. And Carol Burnett still in it in this season. She's talking.
Speaker 5: The first season she was pretty much in a coma most of the time. So yeah, it's it's giving you, it's given fans what they want, I think in season two.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, So you got the Beast to me, You've got Pomeroy al back on on Apple TV, and of course Wicked for Good is in theaters this weekend, like I got enough to choose, shom It's a busy weekend. Here Will all the Best again, Will Gance in New York at Will Dance with two S's.
Speaker 4: Thanks, thank you a great weekend, you too, you as well.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I'm gonna have a chance to get out and go see Wicked Wicked two, because there's just so much good sports on started tonight. You got Alder sayin X in the Rain, you got you see in Louisville playing, which it feels like it's an afterthought now with all the stuff on the Thanksgiving pre Thanksgiving sports SCHMRGA sport this weekend you see in BYU Fox Big Noons town for that. We'll have the game for you here on Saturday night. Could be a little bit better. Maybe anticipating this had they not lost to Arizona now two in a row and BYU is tough. No one's really predicting you see to come out with a win on that one, and you know you certainly didn't see them losing out the season. That's a likelihood, it's a possibility. Maybe they can pull off the miracle tonight or tomorrow night. It'll be pretty good. You've got f C inner Miami as well, that is Lionel Messi in town and they take on FC at TQL Stadium. Winner advances in the playoffs. Now we're down to the just one win and out kind of scenario. If you lose, you're out. If you win, you keep on going. And then of course on Sunday, You've got Cincinnati and the New England Patriots. Not Brady, you're Belichick anymore. It's May and Vrabel and they're nine and two. The shocker, and I think the surprise story of the AFC for sure, the New England Patriots under Drake May getting it done. And the big question for us in the biggest sports store of the weekend, Joe Burrow will leap play or won't he play? That is the question Dan Horde was on earlier. He said, well, again, we're not going to note probably tomorrow at this point, he's going to practice practicing today, see how that goes, and then tomorrow will be a decision. We shall find out together whether or not Joey b is back, and that would be the Christmas miracle right there, would it not? In the Home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WW.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American idiot?
Speaker 2: Friday Morning's down flown on seven hundred WLW. There are some five and a half million Americans living abroad. One in five would like to move there permanently retire there. This is a disturbing stat. Forty percent of women ages fifteen to forty four absolutely want out of the country. We know we have a history here of people who have moved out and retired to countries abroad. Portugal, I think is still the number one, if I'm not mistaken, but on all this and whether it's right for you, because I know someone who through some you know, one of those mutual connection kind of things, not personally. They moved to Spain, I believe, and lasted two months before they said no coming back to the United States.
Speaker 4: Not what I thought.
Speaker 2: It was not for everybody. The ins and out of doing this I've had around in the past. A good time to revisit this today would be Kathleen Petticorn. She's an expert on living and retiring abroad. Specifically, Kathleen, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Are you hello?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fine? So I think the first thing is is the shock going Wait a minute, I can retire now, but I'd have to live abroad. I think for most people you have a disconnect there. Okay, that am I going to see any Americans? What about my friends and family? It's like going to the Witness Protection It's retire the Witness Retirement.
Speaker 5: Program is what this is a good luck at it that way.
Speaker 8: I guess it's a big idea, it's a huge lead on the service. It can be intimidating, it can seem crazy, and it's not for everyone, but for a lot of people, literally millions of Americans have done this at this point, and so for a lot of people it's the answer to kind of turning retirement worries on their head, you know, instead of being concerned that you don't have enough to tyron and will your nest egg tear you through or you're gonna end up working part time at wawmarts or driving an uber or something. In retirement, there are lots of places where you can go on a modest you know, monthly nest egg, say fifteen hundred dollars a month in retirement income or in some cases even less, you can live not just a getting buy Okay, I'm meeting my expensive kind of retirement, but a really interesting, fun, adventure filled retirement.
Speaker 2: All right. So, I guess question number one is where in the world where do I go? Generally? Is it South America.
Speaker 8: Most For the most part, You're right, Americans focus on Latin America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean because First, it's nearby. It's unless you go way down south to Argentina and or Uruguay for example. It's accessible, so you can get back and forth, and you don't have to be one hundred percent removed from your family and friends back home. They can visit you, you can go back home to visit them. Plus, this part of the world has what most retirees are looking for, which is great. There are lots of sunshine and a very low cost of living, high low.
Speaker 2: Cost of living. What's the attraction? What are we talking here?
Speaker 8: Well, well, let's say in Ecuador, for example, which is a top choice from a lot of Americans have retired to the city, the colonial city of Quanka, Ecuador in the mountains, and this would be one of the most affordable options right now. And you could live in Quanka, Ecuador. I know American retireties doing it and really enjoying, loving their lives on one thousand to twelve hundred dollars a month. So that's a pretty modest budget. If you have more than that, then your lifestyle can just expand from there, you know, with more travel, more nights out, more dinners out, that kind of thing. But to enjoy even a really good life and a safe, comfortable life on as little as one thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. So twelve thousand dollars a year, I could live like a king down there.
Speaker 8: That's It's true. It sounds like marketing type, I know when you just say it out like that, but I know so many people doing it.
Speaker 2: All right, what about medical? What about that? You go, okay, well that's great. Well, I'm gonna get old, I'm gonna get sick. I need care.
Speaker 8: What happens then, and that's of course a big concern. The first point to make is the United States. Healthcare and health insurance is more expensive in the United States than anywhere else in the world. So everywhere else you go, it's going to be more affordable to seek the care you need. Then your question is, okay, but what standard of care? Well, the truth is the healthcare in many other countries is better than in the United States, and in most of the world it's as good.
Speaker 6: As it is in the United States.
Speaker 8: Certainly the places that we're talking about and suggesting so, and certainly in a city, so in Quinca, Ecuador, here in Panama City, Panama, where I'm based right now. In let me see Medicie in Columbia, which is another really interesting choice. And in the medician for example, has the best from the best medical care in all of South America. If you then look farther afield to Europe, well for sure, the medical care as a rule is going to be better than in the United States, and it's going to be much more for And there is an opportunity. This doesn't work for everyone, but there is an opportunity in for example, Portugal, which is a great place to live, a beautiful, interesting, historic country with a lot of foreign residents and retirees, meaning a lot of English spoken, beautiful beaches, golf, everything the retire he wants, including great weather, very low cost of living, and if you establish residency there, which is not hard to do, healthcare.
Speaker 6: Is free.
Speaker 8: Free, it's free.
Speaker 2: Well, what kind of taxes am I paying on that?
Speaker 7: None?
Speaker 8: If most countries don't tax retirement income, you'll have the same tax obligation in the United States that you would if you were living in the United States. And American has his US tax obligation. No matter where he goes in the world or how long he stays outside the United States, he never loses that, but you don't necessarily acquire a second tax obligation in the new country where you go. It's a country by country thing, but most countries don't tax retireant income.
Speaker 2: Kathleen again on this year, blowing my mind, Kathleen Petticoor, how to retire overseas. Everything you need to know to live well, So all right, let me let me get this straight. The weather's a lot better. I can live comfortable like a king. I can live like Bill Cunningham for one thousand dollars a month. I could have servants. I could have women naked women feeding me grapes. I could have my own beef, cow milk. I could have my own bar inside all that stuff. The safety thing, well we'll get to that in a second. Maybe maybe that's there. There's no taxes, the healthcare is better and cheaper. What the hell am I doing in the United States?
Speaker 8: Well, when you look at it, that can be the conclusion why not do this? The only real downside, and it's a downside, is that you are leaving behind everything you've known to this point in your life. And for some people that's crazy, scary, and maybe paralyzing. So you're leaving your family, your whole personal infrastructure of support, your whole community, all your friends, all your connections. So that's a big deal and you don't want to overlook that. And then of course there's going to be culture shock on the other end that you know, the life will be different and always big and small. For some people's that's exciting, that's an adventure. They think, oh wow, this is going to be so much fun. I'm going to learn how people live in the outdoor of Portugal. And I spent a lot of time there. I can tell you it's a really nice place to live. Other people think, oh my gosh, they don't speak English. I won't know anyone. Everything will be different. No, that's not for me, and fair enough, you know it isn't for everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know anybody I like hand my small circle of friends. What about the language barrier, Kathleen.
Speaker 8: That's that is something you have to think about. And if that really intimidates you, if you really think I'm at this stage of life, I'm not learning any language, Well, there are choices options where they speak English. Believes, for example, is an English speaking country, and Believe is a great choice. You know, it's it's Caribbean beaches. It's got a big xpac community, and everybody speaks English, Belize, and it's got the same advantages like all right, So the big question is about safety.
Speaker 2: If I'm in American I can live in a thousand dollars a month. I go there, I'm a target now right, I'm going to get it kidnapped. I'm going to get held in some sort of sell for billions of dollars. I'm never going to see the light of day in my family, and I'm going to die in some foreign hell hole because Kathleen told me to go.
Speaker 3: Because I sent you there a card, is your fault send.
Speaker 8: Me the ransom note? But no, I know the safety is an issue. I don't mean to make light of it and be too cavalier. But what you just described is not the reality in anywhere in the world right now, except certain countries where war is there's active war and conflict, and they're not on the list, of course. But in all the places that we're talking about, you're not a target. In Panama, for example, where I've lived for the past ten years, Americans are such a welcome and so welcome and part of the landscape because of the Panama Canal. Here for the past hundred years, Americans have been so much a part of this country. It's economy, it's culture. There are so many Americans here and they have been for generations. Were just part of the scene. Now Panama is a is a unique situation because of this, you know, century long connection due to the canal. But in many countries as well, there are established expat communities and you're not again, you're not a target. You're a lot of it is on the extat, on the retiree. You have to make an effort to make friends, just as you would if you in retirement, moved from the Midwest to Florida, say to a kind of traditional retirement location in the United States, and you've never spent any time in Naples, Florida, and there you decide, you decide to retire into Naples, Florida. You don't know anyone.
Speaker 2: Oh, if I got a hoard eleven Naples, I could buy Belize good night exactly.
Speaker 8: But you know, but if you move to Naples, you're going to have to make an effort to make new friends, right or you're going to be lonely and sit in your apartment all day. It will be the same in another country. The only difference, and it's a big difference, is the language. But it's depending how much that frightened you to the place where there are already lots of Americans living. And I could name six of these places, you know, quickly one would be believed. One would be Panama City, Medagine. Colombia has a lot of Americans right now. Clank Ecuador. We talked about go to places in Mexico, a heat for example, big American community there. Retirees then you and they're so welcoming because you know, once you've done something like this, you're so excited about it and you realize this is so fun and you build confidence and you want to share that with the next guy in line.
Speaker 5: You have.
Speaker 8: The guy behind you in line coming along is.
Speaker 2: Medi you said, Medizine. Colombia's Medizine, the same Medizine, Mediine. We're talking Pablo Escobar.
Speaker 8: We are, that's the same place. And remember Pablo Escobar, of course is dead more than twenty five years ago. That the city has that history, but that is its history, and the city today has reinvented itself. It's winning all kinds of City Innovation Awards and one of the most progressive and been really frankly pretty and pleasant and safe cities in the world today, and it's winning lots of awards for that because Energy in Columbia is one of the world's greatest comeback stories of the past twenty years.
Speaker 2: I like the Pittsburgh of Colombia is well. Thanks for tolerating me, Kathleen Petticord, and good luck with everything. Thanks again for joining the show. As always, be well, Hi, she gone. If you are older and you're like, I got this pile of money, I don't know if I can retire, Maybe I move abroad it and save some money.
Speaker 6: You can.
Speaker 2: I mean there's places, as she mentioned, you can live very cheaply. I think that's different than certainly than young people, especially young women four to ten women age fifteen to forty four said they'd move abroad permanently if given the opportunity. That's about four times higher than it was in twenty fourteen. And the top of my head reasons why I think number one would be a political dissatisfaction because most women that age and that age group, they lean democratic, and young men are less left leaning, and so with the political climate we live in that makes it appealing, which I think is also kind of short sighted. I mean, it makes for since you're eighteen, because you tend to make decisions quickly and rashly. But by the time in your thirties or forties, you're a little bit more thoughtful about things and just simply going I can't stand it any more and be leaving. Well, it might change in three years. You know, it could go back. Then what do you move? Wind up moving back? It's gonna cost you a lot of time and money.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lack of confidence and institutions. Certainly we've seen the erosion of that as well. Reproductive rights are concerned for women, although I mean here in Ohio, look at the battle we're having with that. Despite what the voters wanted, seems like the legislator still wants to do their own thing. And also, let's face it, women And here's an interesting part about it, and this is the rub two men and women, is that women are so upwardly mobile. Now you can be put under your money's portable, it's not tied to anything. You can work abroad if you want to do your job from abroad, and as women continue to have broken through the glass ceiling, they continue to make more money than their predecessors, and they can decide to do what they want with their own money, and even being young and married, it doesn't Hey, I don't think they see marriage as a burieder relocation. Where this is we're going to do. And there's a growing number of young men who are staying home, and young men see more disaffected and probably less likely to move away simply because they don't have the same opportunity and means that women do. Believe it or not, when you talk about college education, predominatly women now are going to school. Young men are being left behind. And maybe I don't know if that's the future of our country. Probably not, but I think it's an interesting snapshot and where we are today in America that so many young women want out. But that will change in a few years as well. It always does, it always does. Got to get a news update in in a few minutes here on seven hundred WLW Winter Return Austin. This year we got what's the biggest sports news this week and biggest sports story of the weekend. For a minute, I thought it surely would be the sane ex elder game at pay Court tonight with all this rain, Hopefully you bring a I'd bring a garbage bag with me as a poncho if I were you for going on this. But now with the news it looks like Joe Burrow may wind up playing and going on Sunday. That seems has the vaulted to the top. I don't know to expect this. I don't know if I expect to win out of it. It's certainly interesting and also testament to Joe Burrow's tenacity coming back from an injury like this. You hope he doesn't get reinjured. With the way the Bengals may protect him, but specifically the defense, it seems like a feudal cause. But nonetheless we'll find out what happens. Patriots coming to town on Sunday. You also have I think this is a big one too, is at TQL Stadium. You've got FC Cincinnati against Inter Miami and Legal MESSI and UH winner takes all. It's a one game playoff between those two clubs and the match at TQL Stadium. It's going to be loud in Rock get a TQL for sure, and they've kind of. I don't say had their way with Messy because in the past, you know, there's been issues with that team, and I just think, you know, from those they talked to them, certainly a growing soccer expert, but not even close. It just seems like Cincinnati's deeper. But again, can they advance to the next round of the playoffs? They got the Columbus monkey off their back, so to speak. Can they beat Little Messi's team and Inner Miami And there's a lot of pressure on Inn Miami too. I don't know if that helps them being on the road or not. But with all the talent that they have, they can't seem to win a championship. So we'll see if hopefully FC can advance there. You've got what Fox pregame college football noon tomorrow at Knippert Stadium in advance of UC BYU. Hopefully UC can stop the bleeding and get a win. They need to. They need to win out at this point they got because at this way it's going to be the I think it's gonna be Elbow Macaroni Bowl if they lose out here. Not to disparage Elbow Macaroniy. Who the hell isn't a fan. But you know what I'm saying, we got that, we got the UC Louisville games overshadowed with all this stuff too. Just bad timing on that one, I think at the Heritage Bank Center. But plenty of tickets, plenty of good seats still available, as they say, got to get a news update in and more to follow Scott's loan on the home of the best Bengals coverage and the home of the Bearcats. Austin Elmer to talk about all that and more right after news on seven hundred wol thebody Scott's loanship Friday morning, ten thirty eight. That means Austin Elmore is here. From ESPN fifteen thirty. My god, we've got a little Thanksgiving schmorgasbord of sports to get through this morning. No small tastic through Audi. Good morning, Good morning Flani, thanks for having me. Austin Elmore of course, from ESPN fifteenth thirty embedded right now in the bowels of pay Course Stadium, awaiting the word to find out if it's white smoke Burrow plays, if it's black smoke Flacco plays. We're waiting for that to occur right now. Speaking of things that are Catholic Saint X tonight and Elder at pay Court Stadium. Are you ready? Are you excited? Are you fired up?
Speaker 4: I am fired up about it.
Speaker 3: You know, I've got family coming down from Sydney, Ohio to watch this game tonight at paid Course Stadium, just because they're so excited to check out some high level high school football inside.
Speaker 4: An NFL stadium. What did I see?
Speaker 3: Almost eighteen thousand tickets now sold, and even with the weather forecast being what it is, I think that says a lot about what the high school football and those two teams especially mean to this city.
Speaker 2: Now you're playing for Holy Marvels. Is such a great rivalry to West side rivalry, and it's going to draw a lot of eyeballs that aren't actually have any relationship to the school whatsoever because it will be high quality football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, It's gonna be fun to watch. And obviously how the weather affects you know that the game plans. But the history between the two teams and the ability to run the ball especially I think is going to be an interesting part of the matchup tonight.
Speaker 2: I had a lotmaker on Adam Matthews eleven and that's his district high representative, and he's trying to get legislation through that would make it easier for publicly owned stadium like paid Course Stadium, Great American Ballpark, TQ Man. Maybe not TQL, but those two host high school events. Tennis Center and Mason for example. You could see that. I mean, if this does really well. It looks like it's going to do really well even with the weather tonight. Maybe not every big rivalry, but that would be kind of cool. Is like the Fridays that the Bengals aren't playing, You know, you could have a high school football game there and make it like a man I wouldn't be necessarily a game of the week, or maybe you could. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think there's also some sponsors that would love to step up and be a part of that. And obviously, as long as people are making money, it's all mostly anybody cares about. But yeah, I mean, it's a shame that we have to start putting legislation through to make something like that happen. I think it's also ridiculous that the NCAA has a rule that says the University of Cincinnati gets an unfair advantage by having that game on their campus at Nippert Stadium, Like, I don't understand that at all. I think Knippert would have been the perfect venue a game like this. But you know, either way, as long as you know some sort of attention is being brought to this and we're able to do something about it, I think it can only be a good thing for the area, for high school spoots.
Speaker 2: All of it kind of hard though, I mean, Friday night football high school. Then you've got of course, you see BYU Fox mcnds Intown. It's a big thing. The camp is going to be crowded down there, so I guess that's probably the timing. This was bad, But there's a UC team right there. I mean I talked Dan about this earlier. I can't believe they lost Arizona and now you come in limping, losing two and in real danger of making it three straight losses. Not the way Scott Sarafield wants to wrap up the back half of the season.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: It's been unfortunate, especially the way that Brendan Soresby has played. It's kind of been two years in a row now where he's kind of unraveled toward the end of the season and not at all looked like the guy that we saw in the early part of the season. Now, part of that could be the competition that they're facing, part of it could be is a little bit banged up as the season goes along. Part of it could be that Scott Saderfield and his offense aren't doing a good enough job adjusting to what some of those teams are doing. But either way, it's a nasty concoction that has led to failure for the Bearcats over the last couple of weeks. And you know they're going to be Bowl eligible, But I don't know that anybody in Clifton would sit there and tell you that that's good enough, especially considering the way that they started the season, with the returning players that they have, the work they did in the portal, and the fact that just a couple of weeks ago, a legitimate path to the Big Twelve Championship was in sight and now it's not really within play. I mean, it's possible, but it's unlikely, and I think that should.
Speaker 4: Leave a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of Bearcats fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I mean, at this rate, you know you're hoping for a big twelve championship game and probably you know, we lose the BYU. Who knows what happens the last game this season. You're probably looking at the don't know what, the cremet Elbow Macaroni Bowl or something like that. Who the hell knows. You also have a way I forgot to mention. The big game this weekend, of course, is UCE in Louisville at Heritage Bank Center.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's happening tonight as well.
Speaker 2: That pauses sound like one of the when the coaches are going, yeah we do. It's gonna look like a COVID game tonight, did it?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what to expect at that game tonight, but uh yeah, I mean it is.
Speaker 4: It is cool.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know that I don't know that it's the best venue for that, and I know Wes Miller has made his thoughts known about that. Yeah, but Pat Kelsey feels the exact opposite because he was a West Sider who grew up going to you know, back then Riverfront Coliseum and that means a lot to him. So it's, you know, another one of those weird things that happens in college basketball. And I think when they when the Bearcats make the return trip to Louislle, they're gonna be playing at Freedom Hall.
Speaker 4: Which is kind of their version. So okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Whatever number six school in Townson. But again it just adds to what is a huge sports weekend. You got to speak on West Side alders Nex, you got this and b YU and you see at Nippert's Cougars nine to one, and it's a tall ass for UC. Let's put it that way before we get to the main event the entre, which is Bengals football. I will also throw in there that this is a do or die game for FC Cincinnati face a Lenal Messi Inner Miami the NFL Playoffs, MLS Playoffs, I should say on Sunday at five, you lose, you are out. At this point, I kind of like that format.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean in the first round when you go best of three and then you get into the second round and it really is for all the marbles. They didn't get that extra week of rest with some of the international stuff going on, But yeah, I mean f C Cincinnati has had a lot of success against Leonel Messi and against Enter Miami over the last couple of years, and so I think you come into this match with a lot of confidence. Number One, you kind of got the monkey off your back by beating Columbus and you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 7: And you go into a team that, yeah, they have Messi and they.
Speaker 4: Have all these stars, and that's great. They're still a really good team. But that's a team that.
Speaker 3: You've had success against, you feel confident against, and it's not like you're facing some big, bad wolf again. So I think, you know, Pat Noonan is one of the best coaches in Major League Soccer, and the way that he's able to adjust his team depending on who he has available, who the opponent is the situation. I think he has such a great feel for those matches and that's a huge reason why they've been so successful. And I think, you know, when they play at home, they're a tough team to beat. I hope that's the case again on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think since he's a deeper team overall, younger team, you know, Messi and some other guys that team are a little but but then again, it's the pressure, right there is the pressure in an expectation to beat them, greater for Cincinnati than it is for Inner Miami, who tends to make mistakes when they get bear back against the wall. Who's who's the pressure on more them or us?
Speaker 4: I think it would be on them.
Speaker 7: I mean, they've spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds.
Speaker 3: Of millions of dollars to get Messy and surrounding with all these great players, and they've changed coaches and you know, whether they're good or they are the face of Major League Soccer, yes, And you know, Messi has accomplished basically all there is to accomplish in the world of soccer. But I think it would still behoove him, just for his legacy and for all the hoop around his career. If he were to come to Major League Soccer and never be able to win an MLS Cup, that would be something that would be a bit disappointing for him. And and they're fans especially who follow him, so I'm sure they feel some pressure.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're not posting this game. They're going up against the team that they haven't had success against very much over the year, so I'm sure they feel a little bit of pressure. It's like, gosh, we've got this all star lineup of great players with the greatest player who's ever played the game of soccer, and we can't get to the MLS Eastern Conference Finals, we can't get to MLS Cup. I think that's got to be in the back of their mind as well.
Speaker 2: Great way in Sunday, and of course before that will be the big sports story this weekend, and that is Joe Burrow. Will he play or not play? By the way, I believe it's fan duel. The playf RUMs now have betting odds up involving Joe Burrow in his passing, so that they're already saying it sounds like that Vegas believes that Joe Burrow is going to be a go on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been weird kind of seeing the way that a lot of these national NFL insiders have talked about it, the chipperness and the voice of Zach Taylor when he was talking to Tom Brenhaman yesterday. I saw there's fantasy projections that have come out for Joe Burrow. It just all seems to point in the direction that he is going to play on Sunday. I'm going to play Devil's advocate for you. Here though, because they play in less than a week again against the Baltimore Ravens. And in those short weeks and that Thursday night, Thanksgiving Night game in Baltimore, that practice week is really weird because you're usually off on Monday, and then you got Tuesday, you're traveling on Wednesday. You don't get a normal full week of practice, right, And so the next step in Burrow's progression was this week to do a lets on elevens and see how he feels. This week could be being used as a way to get him ready for that Baltimore game, since he won't have a normal week of practice against Baltimore. Now, the goal has always been Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Ish, and I'm not trying to pour cold water on this. I want Burrow to play on Sunday, and I hope he does, and I hope he plays well. But it could also be a way of saying, all right, listen, we've got a trunk created week. Next week, we won't have a normal practice. Let's use this week to get Joe all the way up to speed prior to that Baltimore game. Now, if Flacco's shoulder is so banged up that he doesn't really feel like he can, you know, operate the offense the way that they need him to. And again, if you go back to that Pittsburgh game, Joe Flacco hurt the Bengals. He did not play well, was not accurate, and did not have confidence in that shoulder. And so the answer could be is is Joe Burrow at eighty five percent better than Joe Flacco at seventy five percent?
Speaker 4: I think the answer to that is yes.
Speaker 3: And the other thing, you know, you talked about smoke coming out of pay or stadium, black smoke or white smoke. Thank god there's no orange smoke for Jake Browning because it doesn't seem like that's an option, and that would be a real.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, even like a seventy p fifty percent Joe Burrow is still a better than one hundred percent Jake Browning. And so you look at it going, well, we're kind of options at this point. We've got to have somebody that's gonna at least post a reasonable chance of winning. But it feels like the season's over at the sport is specially that lost last week against the Steelers, which would like the other question is do you risk Joe Burrow coming back at this point, do you say, I know we want to get reps and I understand that, but my god, if something happens again just based on how this team is played and stood in front of him or lacked the rab at times, you're now risking the entire offseason here when you and and you're let's face it, you're going to have to start rebuilding and get some parts back in here. Joe Burr is going to be built big part of that. As always.
Speaker 3: If if there were three games left, I would agree with that sentiment, but there's not. There's seven games left. We're still in the month of November. The guys is being paid fifty five million dollars. You can't live your life and live your fo ball life out of fear. And I know that there's a belief that he's injury prone, and there's a long list of injuries that would suggest that he is, But that doesn't mean that he just skips the last seven games of the season. If he's medically cleared and he feels comfortable doing so. He's the best player on the team, he's the face of the franchise. Why wouldn't he play and technically they are still alive. Even though they're their chance of making the playoffs is is minuscule. And the other part of this too is if he doesn't play, Let's say he doesn't play the last seven games, then he goes from September, second week of September all the way to July without playing football. I feel like he needs the reps he needs to be able to play. Joe has always talked about how much he needs reps and how important that is to him being a consistent football player, and so I do think that's part of it as well, is you want your best players to play football.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: The other factor here too is, you know, maybe this back to your your your salmon streaming up swim argument that they shouldn't play Burrow this week and let him have a full week practice before the Thanksgiving game at Baltimore, is the fact that Jamar Chase will not be playing in this game gives him a less option. I don't feel that somehow andre Yoshavas is going to find the ball right, So that gives it's going to take a little more time for him to find someone open. It exposes them a little bit more with that foot less tools than the toolbox for Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that also could be part of the reason why he is going to play against the New England Patriots is because well, they don't have Jamar Chase. And if you look at the last couple of weeks, I mean, Joe Flacco has has not tried to hide the fact that he is trying to throw the ball to Jamar Chase. He's just been spamming it to number one over and over and over again. And I wonder if there is a concern about the idea that Flacco could operate the offense without Jamar Chase. We know that Joe Burrow can, We've seen it, and it does give them a better chance to win obviously if Joe is out there, and especially if you know, without Jamar Chase, you like the odds of bur being able to operate that offense in the absence of Jamar Cha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, team is gonna see but you've got you know, Gasecki's gonna maybe we do get Kaseki back this week. That's big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's a big part of it.
Speaker 3: Mike Kasicki being in there and kind of being an extension that wide receiver group We've seen some flashes from Mitch Tinsley had the great touchdown in Week two and was unbelievable in the preseason. He's going to get a chance. Charlie Jones, I would like to see get a chance. A fourth round pick from a couple of years ago, had a really strong camp and just kind of gets buried in the depth chart.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you're gonna get some opportunities for some guys. And that's part of the season.
Speaker 3: As part of the story of the season is evaluating what you have and these young players as you try to figure out what your playing is going to be moving forward, you want to see them be able to play with Joe Burrow. So you know, Burrow has a lot more reps logged with all those guys than Joe Flacco does, and I think that's part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Austin Olmo from ESPN fifteen thirty on the Scott Sluncheons Springy every Friday morning, we talk sports. There is a lot going on, including the Bengals of course, or I don't know whether or not Joe Burrow is going to play on Sunday. We'll find out sometime tomorrow. I would suppose Will have an indication if that looks like it's a go or not. You've got a red hot Patriots team in there. No one really saw this coming in the offseason, that they're going to be at nine to two. I mean, it's an unreal As well as they're playing on offense, it's also fair to say their defense is outstanding, best run defense in football. It's gonna be a long day for Chase Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that I find interesting too, is like if Burrow does play, you would assume the Bengals will want to run the football and you not put too much on his plate, not drop him back a lot. Well, New England just completely takes away the run game. I mean, one of the best. You've mentioned, the best run defense in the National Football League, and they've got a good team and they're especially stout upfront. They find ways to thwart that run game. So if the offense is going to have to be quick, it's going to have to be efficient, and especially if Burrow plays, you don't want them holding onto the ball too long and just getting a macclimated NFL football again. So yeah, it's the way that they use extensions of the run game, whether that's through RPOs or screen passes or swinging it outside.
Speaker 4: Or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be important, and I would love to see Chase Brown get a little bit more involved in the past game. We saw some flashes of that last week against the Steelers and he had some big plays a big seventeen yard reception at one point.
Speaker 4: We know he can do that.
Speaker 3: I would like to see more of Chase Brown in the receiving game, especially, you know, if you're able to motion him out against the linebacker. I'm taking Chase Brown ninety five percent of the time, and I think that can be a quick option to get the ball out, whether it's Flacco.
Speaker 2: Or Burrow, Joe Burrow or not. I don't see how they they're able to knock off the Patriots. I mean, Patriots to do for a loss at nine to two, but dang they then you got Christin Gonzalez to contend with too on defense, So stop in the run and stopping number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're going to double team t Higgins and force the Bengals to beat him with that collection of characters that we just.
Speaker 4: Talked about a minute ago, and that's the right way to do it.
Speaker 3: I will say this though, over the course of their careers, Zach Taylor, for whatever reason, has had the number of Mike Rabel.
Speaker 4: You might remember when they.
Speaker 3: Were really bad in twenty twenty and Tennessee was really good. They came into pay Course Stadium with a rookie Joe Burrow, and the Bengals destroyed him and made easy work of them. You also remember the twenty twenty one playoff season when the Tennessee Titans were the number one seed and Mike Rabel the head coach there then as well, and the Bengals went in there to Tennessee and beat them. So there has been some history between Zach Taylor and Mike Rabel. Hopefully that continues.
Speaker 2: On the side out Austin Elmore and Tony Pike. Today at noon, it's a full slate of sports everything. I would normally say, hey, what do you got, but you got everything. It's literally everything today, high school football, soccer, basketball, football, I think there's some lacrosse in there. You got everything going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm off today, so I have no idea what Tony's got coming up at noon, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.
Speaker 2: Well, I just say there right now he is, by the way, embedded in the at pay Course Stadium waiting for the white or the black smoke to come up related to Joe Burrow will find out. Austin will break out when that breaks in here on the home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WW Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: You want to be an American weekend is here.
Speaker 2: It is a massive sports weekend in Cincinnati. He doesn't get any bigger than this. You have, of course, well, Joe Burrow, play or not play that debate. On Sunday, you have UC BYU feeling like for all the marbles with the national Fox broadcast in town at Nippert Stadium. We're gonna look good there. We've got UC and Inner Miami in the next round of the MLS playoffs at TQL Stadium, winner take All and tonight's you've got Elder Saint X. And it was interesting as a Bengal fan watching and watching this develop going well, they want to move it to pay Court, which made a lot of sense, you know, as a mason, ight to look at that. Go okay, it's a few thousand dollars hopefully. The Ohio State High School Athletic Association gives them gets a little bit of money back for their investment. But yeah, seven thousand tickets. The demand is high. I don't know how many they've sold at this point. I forgot to check, but certainly more than seven thousand, and they're going to pay court tonight. Okay, great, awesome. I was surprised how quickly this came together. But it picks up a bigger question, and that is didn't we, the taxpayers of Hamilton County pay for the stage? So why can't we use that more often?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 2: That is a representative state Rep. Adam Matthews who is in control and rules with an iron fist from Lebanon to South Lebanon to Mason. Adam Matthews, welcome back. How are you, brother?
Speaker 6: Always a pleasure to be here. Thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 2: Thanks again. So let's jump into this. This is interesting what this happened. You probably heard about it, and do you have any affiliation with Sainte x or Elder You got skin in the game there.
Speaker 6: I did. Actually one of my core memories I was winning against Cole Raine in the playoffs just like this in two thousand and five. We went to overtime and Deep Coraine twelve to nine in Paul and then Paul Brown Stadium, and it was incredible. Yeah, that was on the way to a state championship.
Speaker 2: Let's face it, many of these young men, if some may go to play collegiately, for sure, NFL is a pipe dream. But then from most of the athletes out there, this will be a high point of their athletic career. But imagine, I mean, how awesome is that. Getting to play on an actual NFL turf has got to be and just you know, the locker rooms and everything, the whole experience is is going to be something to remember the rest of their lives.
Speaker 7: It's incredible and I'm so excited for these young gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then you got involved legislatively the Bengals, and you know it's always in vogue to poke fun at the Bengals and question their motives and operations and maybe spendthrift ways in some cases. But you gotta also give congratulations to it. And it certainly isn't how quickly the franchise leaned into hosting this game, and typically the Bengals don't do anything quickly. They did this in like less than twenty four hours. And also with the county, and so credit certainly is due there, But what what do you want to do legislatively?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will echo that.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much to the Bengals and the team. Thank you that those in the local county commission that made this happen as well. And this should be a model of what goes forward if we're going to have test payer step off and fund these very large investments you have up at the Browns, they had asked for one hundreds of millions of dollars, and even here in Mason, we've seen something similar of the Cincinnati Open had just been used for one week. It became a two week tournament and has been doing really well. But it's now also back in October host of the girl State Finals, and it's now open for more tournaments. It's going to be open to the community for a pro shop for the court, for the like that, and if.
Speaker 7: We're going to have these huge professional courts of the news.
Speaker 6: There should be a way for that to come at functional costs to the community for these types of venues. And we're looking at legislation on making sure that that can happen and be fair to the owners. You don't want to say it's a football situation, and you know wild card weekend lines up. Obviously, if somethingles are hosting, you can't have a high school game the night before. But if it works out that it's.
Speaker 7: Friday night, things are fine.
Speaker 6: You can have a game on Sunday. Wonderful. Let's let's have that happen. And we're going to work with the USSAA, work with the professional organizations and see what we can do.
Speaker 2: But you also have the contracts that are would this I don't know contract law. I'm not an attorney. How would that work? If you have a contract that says, hey, you can only have so many dates, whatever it might be, how does this override that?
Speaker 6: So we are a little making legislation that anything going forward. Anytime that they come with a handout asking for hey we need taxpayer or subsodies to build a new stadium or renovate a new stadium. If you're not using it for your professional purpose, there's other types of reasonable uses out to the community should be part of that conversation, and.
Speaker 2: It would be at market rate obviously, or whatever that looks like. Obviously, the Bengals aren't charging market rate for the standard because it's too high school enterprises. They could never afford that. So how do these how do you do you scale that legislatively?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 6: Right, so we would look and see if there's a way to smooth it out over because I'm grateful to the Bengals. I think the tickets are fifteen dollars for tonight and to cover you know, there's still people working the gate, there's still people working confessions. It's more than just turning the locks off for the day and letting people come in. And so we need to make sure that things are balanced. And what we're going to.
Speaker 7: Start as a negotiation place is.
Speaker 6: They get not market rates for the use of the venue, but what it would have been had it been at Mason High School. And see can it be within twenty percent of what it would have been at Mason High School? And see if either the state subsidizes on the front end or if that's part of the consideration when we are deciding whether or not protect their dollars to go into the renovation or the expansion.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. So this is just a professional stadiums, not not amateur stadium paid public amateur stadiums like the Cleveland Brown stadium.
Speaker 6: Correct, exactly like the Cleveland Brown Stadium.
Speaker 2: Big oh yeah, you don't have to fund the amateur teams up in Cleveland. So it's a different thing. And I'm trying to think there's a lot of stadium you think, okay, well Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, but you know Dayton, Toledo, Youngstown they have. I don't know how much public money are those facilities, but that's a lot, right.
Speaker 7: There's there's conversations all over there.
Speaker 1: I know of.
Speaker 6: I think right across the border in Butler County they're looking at a semi professional or image or minor league hockey facility.
Speaker 7: That would be great for the community as well.
Speaker 6: So anything that we can do to build those types of Friday night lights or those types of touch points for the community to come rather than just the using tax pay dollars for stadiums where the cheap seats are over one hundred some dollars, seems like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it'd have to be a big rivalry game. But getting with all the leagues in Cincinnati, you sell everything else is to line up a marquee game every Friday where the Bengals aren't playing and do that, and do it on the regular. I think that'd be amazing.
Speaker 6: It would be really neat. And you see both the teams playing tonight, youse. The ticket sold out in forty two minutes while the kids were still in class. And there are two all boys school and each Friday they sell out their ten thousand stadium. You knew that this was gonna be something big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I you know, the social opportunity you could get at a Friday night passed me. I'll be a season ticket holder if you wanted to and see all the high school games. I'm sure that would appeal to some folks. Yeah, the side of this thing is the money factor, because money's always a concerned representative. Adam Matthews. You know some of these you may not get twenty thousand there like we're going to get tonight. But if you got ten thous is that enough to offset the costs of keeping the lights on and keeping the stadium open? And if not, isn't that back on the taxpairs? Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: So you'd have to look at that balance to make sure that the the money makes sense, because not just the lights on, make.
Speaker 6: Sure that the harm of the field, make sure.
Speaker 7: That the workers are there, and it will have to make some kind.
Speaker 6: Of balance, which is why we're work on this legislation with like say say with the pro stadiums and with the professional owners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's got to be a balance. Theres like you know, a couple of Division three schools or schools where you're not going to get that much attendance. You know, it doesn't make sense to have it at pay Corps or something like that just to give kids the experiencing and that's a substantial cost to the already overburdened taxpayers of Hamilton County. We don't want to go down that road. Correct Tonight should.
Speaker 4: Pay for it.
Speaker 2: I would think it should be a ten dollars parking. I don't know what tickets are, but ticket sales are awesome despite the weather that's going to be extremely bad. But I don't think kids care. But I think you know, if you're getting to play at pay Corps and your kids out there, or you know relative saying I mean just a fan of the school. I know a lot of elder and ste x grads are going to go tonight just because it's pay Corps, Brian Colmbs being one of them. So that'd be kind of fun. What's the timeline for getting this done.
Speaker 6: We just went to a marathon session till you finish out the House voting for twenty twenty five, so we will be back with legislation in January February to get this really working.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, that's awesome. Yeah, taking some time off after I don't know what just the what the hell just happened with the CBD thing. I mean I followed closely, more closer than anyone, and I still don't understand all the imaginations and levers and trip wires and everything else that was set up, and why how this thing got so sideways in such a short period of time when it's coming to when it comes to CBD, SASH, THHC and fuse beverages, it seems to me, like I don't there's not much differen between THHD and alcohol because you're drinking it for an effect. I don't know why we have to get rid of one, especially as populaters. Is that seems to be really anti business, anti small business to me, and also anti choice.
Speaker 6: And part of this the confusion, and you said you're afraid that by going sideways all at once was we had had through the House, something that would allow your five milligrams to milligram drinks, whether it's at Ryan Geist or fifty West or elsewhere, to be bought on side and take it home.
Speaker 7: And while it goes through the House conversations.
Speaker 6: Over to the Senate. The Senate conversations, the federal government made some changes that made a thase out over the next year to get rid of these and so what we had to do in the Ohio state houses we can't go much further than the FED two. And so that is what the final product is is matching what the federal government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the FED, the FED forcing your hands on that because federal law. But but at the same time, I just the there was no impetus for this and the you know, the idea of y you're I know, you're around them, but like Nancy Pelosi and you know, well, we got to pass the bill to see what's in it. It's it's more the same. As much as we talk as conservatives talk about changing the government, that seems to be the same thing that hey, we snuck this in here at the last minute. Trump signed it in the law, and of wait, what do we do? We just eliminated it hit industry. That's literally saving the craft beer people in Ohio because fewer people drinking craft beer, more drinking the THCH Beverage's clear there's consumer demand for it. I don't think the public risk is any greater than alcohol, and clearly many Ohioans, Kentucky Indianas want the THC and fused beverages the way they are. Do you think there's hope in the next year that maybe would come up with a better a better way to do this from the federal level.
Speaker 7: I think that there needs to be some transparency.
Speaker 6: I know that you as you mentioned, this was part of a long late night negotiation on the federal government to get it back open after the Democrats were not coming to the table in the Senate and the government the government needed to turn back on. So yeah, they figured in at the last minute. And uh, but as things continue, and as you hear from the constituents.
Speaker 7: Like you or like others, I do.
Speaker 6: Think that the federal government is probably going to revisit this.
Speaker 2: I would hope. So they're going to have to final point something else. You just got through and I wanted to circle back around, and I don't know much about. It's called the Patient Protection Act, and this is your legislation. It targets high risk medications, and that is drugs defined with at least a five percent chance of severe ad verse side effects that could lead to death or infection or and this has to do with mail order drugs. Well, why this what's this? Is this legislation about abortion pills basically or no, This medication.
Speaker 6: Is about any type of medication where like you said five percent, and we saw the terrible story out of Washington State where a college student was getting antidepressive medications telehealth, no, no doctor oversight other than their telehealth, so they never got checked on. When he complained to the organization that was prescribing these drugs, they're like, well, we'll just up your dosage. And eventually he died by suicide and now there's a wrongful death claim. In all of this, we have seen similar things. We just are we're not even through picking up the pieces from the opiate epidemic, which was similar. We've had other medications and some opponents are focusing on abortion pills, and there are some studies along this, but any type of medication, we want to have a standard of care that if you're playing a board game.
Speaker 7: And you roll the dice, and if you're rolling the dice and you roll.
Speaker 6: A three, and that means you're going to have organ failure, sepsist or sent to the hospital with timoor jing or infections. That's pretty high odds. And this isn't banning any medication. It just says, before you get something that is one out of twenty sending me to the hospital, you just need to see a doctor before and then have a doctor check.
Speaker 7: On you afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I see what you're saying there. But you know, the claim though, is what a five percent mortality rate? That there aren't any drugs that have a five percent mortality right that would that would never get through through trials.
Speaker 7: Uh, there there have been, and sometimes we are.
Speaker 6: We see this afterwards where uh, when you have an FDA trial, it.
Speaker 7: Is where you have people taking the medication.
Speaker 6: Clinically according to every single rule versus how people actually are using it, right, and then that that difference can get to have this type of danger.
Speaker 2: Well you can, I mean, you know, ope, it's a great example of that. You can become addicted and and we've cracked on that and obviously, But I mean the thing if you're talking about this is somehow a product liability thing. Oh hi, we already have malpractice laws and state boards and FDA oversight and all that stuff, and of course litigation as well. Doesn't that balance things out?
Speaker 6: So medic so you have both on the front and the backside. Just in medication, you do things that are uh that help you and then stick some problem afterwards. This is the standard of care to make sure that you're getting good care on the front end. Malpractice is only after things have already gone bad.
Speaker 7: Okay, So we are making sure that both you have a good dinnertive care.
Speaker 6: We are both during the relationships between the patient and the doctor. And then yeah, as you mentioned malpractice as if things go wrong, but we're trying to avoid those things so wrong because sometimes that money will not fix Oregon failure or death.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: A big question of course. Rocky boyman texting me wants to know if we can still get his ed medicine uh in a brown bag delivered to his house. So is that in jeopardy? Okay? Adam Matthews State Representative, always loved the town, always love us, spending time chatty, Thanks again and good luck with the we'll call it the Elder Saint x Ledge. To allow more young people to play in stadiums like pay Corps and maybe Heritage Bank Center, maybe TQL places like that would be awesome. And great American Ballpark of course, all the best. Thanks again, have a great holiday, Thank you, take care.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's Adam Matthews on the show Scott Sloan here on the Big One seven hundred WLW. And when we return it is the weekend. Alli's here a little Thanksgiving lineup for you. If you're like her and maybe you know you don't have family around you just want to get away from things to do, especially for as you know, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, big bar night. She's got you covered. Next Sloane. He rolls on after this on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: The weekends coming up and you need to make the most advent where to go and what to do.
Speaker 5: She has the tips and inside to help you make it a super weekend.
Speaker 4: So listen up.
Speaker 5: This is the Local Loop with Ali Martin on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: I'm cold then cold a week because it's just nasty bodies. Yeah, we're not going to be sitting down at pay court tonight with the kids. Are you hell the elder Saint X game? That's all right, little damp a little moist tonight.
Speaker 9: This is my reasons why I don't have kids. I just simply don't refuse to participate. I will not be the soccer mom.
Speaker 4: Not the only reason I don't have kids.
Speaker 2: There's countless reasons.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna make myself feel better about the situation.
Speaker 2: All right, Alien or Dusty Ovaries are here this morning on seven hundred W. Well w you're talking about what's happening in and around Cincinnati's we get ready for the greatest of all holidays, that would be Thanksgiving.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm a Christmas gal, but I'm here to support you and your endeavor.
Speaker 2: It's just because it's all about food and football and family. That's it. And not even in that order. It's probably food and then football sometimes, but food football family, that's the order.
Speaker 9: And are you doing most of the cookie?
Speaker 2: I am doing all the cookie? Well, now I shouldn't say that. My nephew and his wife are coming over and I charged them with dessert. My daughter and her remitta coming over, and I charged her with a side, and she picked mac and cheese. I said, okay, yes, and then she tried to change it to mashed potatoes. I'm like, I just bought a eighty pound bag of potatoes. Now you can't change it.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 9: See, that's it's all about the delegation.
Speaker 10: I've had this conversation with a couple of ship something where it's the best thing you could do is clean.
Speaker 9: While you cook. Yes, Oh, there's absolutely delegate right.
Speaker 2: It starts above that mes plaus is number one, Yes, which means you like, you cut off, you prep all your food, you clean it. You fee okay, I need parsley chop, You chop a bunch of parsley dice onions.
Speaker 3: You do that.
Speaker 2: You get it all together, put a little ramic in her bowl. You have it all laid out before you. And then as you cook, you clean clean as you go.
Speaker 10: Oh and there's a step before even the first step that you said, and that is go grocery shopping a week before.
Speaker 2: Do not wait four hours between that. But yeah, you got to get a little window there. You got a window.
Speaker 9: You got a window, and then know the ovens know what you're working with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I get your tools, get it right, make sure your knights are sharp.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 10: So the fact that you are the one who's cooking and you're saying that Thanksgiving is your favorite holiday, you're allowed to say.
Speaker 9: You're allowed to say that, I love it.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: And then Christmas is I love Christmas. I'm a big Christmas guy. But I think that you don't have to worry about gifts and all these pretexts. Right, it's just like you show up, you eat, you pass out, you watch football.
Speaker 10: That's awesome, okay, but I feel like you and your family, you're at the age now are you still giving a whole lot of gifts?
Speaker 2: Not to every family is no, no, no, no, no, no no. Because the kids get older. It's like, here's a gift card, shut up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I love it.
Speaker 10: And I give my mom so much credit. Even for my birthday. She's like, I want to physically send you something, and I'm like, I love this. But at the same time, I don't just send me the gift card. But she doesn't want to send the gift card because she wants something sentimental. But I understand, I understand.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm not a sentimental card anyway. You talking about this because I know you're champion at the bit to talk about our idea.
Speaker 9: This is we are taking credit for this. We are one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: It just goes back probably three years we have.
Speaker 10: Been talking about First it started with ice cream and guess what happened?
Speaker 9: And you know what we're talking about.
Speaker 10: We're talking about Skyline collaborating with Graters and then next thing, you know what happens, The ice cream appears, and then we continue to joke.
Speaker 9: How funny would it be, haha if there was a beer and guess what's happening?
Speaker 10: Boom boom b Braxton Beer and Skyline are collaborating. Whether this is true or not, this is a conspiracy theory, I'm gonna say that. We're coming up with these ideas. So now we got to come up with the next one.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 9: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yet all works out. I mean you think about like, okay, with a little chili, spice and cinnamon, It's like you could totally do that in a beer. I think holiday It's perfect for the holidays.
Speaker 10: And the best part is so Braxton every year. I can't believe we're already approaching this season it's their Dark Charge Day, so that weekend where they do the state at the dinner Dark Charge, and these are.
Speaker 9: The beers that are the very dark, that are.
Speaker 2: Like it's like a bottle of ketchup. It's a small bottle. That's a tiny bottle for no, you just need a little.
Speaker 9: Bit, a little bit. It's got the pretty wax feel, it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy flavors and it's and they're really good dark churches.
Speaker 10: Now insert this collab Skyline Braxton Beer and just like you said, it's a really dark beer that's infused with that signature spice blend.
Speaker 9: So I'm sure it's going to be a little bit of cinnamon.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like would work for Uh what what kind of beer, isn't it though?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 10: What kind of So it's a stout they're usually stay. Yeah, So it's Dark Charge, it's dark.
Speaker 9: My guess is the BV is going to be pretty high on it.
Speaker 10: Cold Weather cold Weather, and they're going to be launching it at their Dark Charge event Slash Weekend, which it's happening December sixth, fifth, sixth weekend that weekend.
Speaker 2: I try that.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 10: Again, it's one of those where you could pick up one two bottles, call it a day for Max and you'll have it for a while. You can literally have it for the entire season and we're going to take cry for it. So you're you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you got the different ones, right, there's the regular skyt with beans.
Speaker 9: That you're talking about, the chili version it's got beans.
Speaker 2: Well, it's probably the black beans. I think you'll go there too, unseasoned black If it's a lot going on ones with onions and stuffing, you.
Speaker 9: Actually forget about syrup.
Speaker 2: You can just pour the beer on Dark charge. Is it's a wax seal. This is cheese.
Speaker 9: Melted. It becomes a fun duke.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, you just rip it off with your teeth. You eat the cat. That's the first beer you can eat the cat and.
Speaker 9: It's paired with oyster crackers. Honestly, I'm here, you're there for it.
Speaker 2: I am there for it all right? Where to available?
Speaker 10: Uh so?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so again it's starting.
Speaker 10: If you want to get your hands on it, follow Braxton Beer because because this is their Dark Charge, it's limited in regards to how further shipping it out. It's usually a party source. But you're gonna want to most likely just stop by Braxion and pick it up.
Speaker 2: I got a shout out, Bractice. I need a bottle of that.
Speaker 10: Give it a try, I know, Skyline or Braxton. If you're hearing, we'll come up with the next grade idea and view it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bottle each for that contribution.
Speaker 9: And I'm obsessed with the Greater's collap.
Speaker 2: Ice crib is actually, I mean, you can't eat all the time, but it's good.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: I thought it was great it is. I was going the next time I do it, I might try to mess with like making a hot sauce kind of topping infuse like sweet with the hot.
Speaker 9: With the like you're trying to do like a fudge them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know the vinegar work with that. That might cut through it. Though the vinegar is good because it bounces off the swee. You can mess with that.
Speaker 9: The oyster crackers still, we're a little bit of funk funk to me. I think the new riff.
Speaker 2: You know what you could do is you get crazy, you get the oyster crackers, and then you could put some butter in a pan and then like maybe I don't know, brunch sugar.
Speaker 9: Oh, if you make a pie, could do that pie pie that You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just wait to see. We're going to have a test kitchen look at us and.
Speaker 10: Now we'll give it eight months and then that up, I'll have an ice cream pie or ice cream skyline.
Speaker 2: We missed out on that. Another great idea.
Speaker 9: You're welcome, Cincinnati, You're moving on. Okay.
Speaker 10: So we did loosely start to talk about last week what's happening down at Fountain Square, because I'm gonna be honest, I really did not do my due diligence.
Speaker 9: I did not come up, come here prepared.
Speaker 10: And we are going to rehash this a little bit more because of the fact that now the trees in place and the grand opening of Winter House is happening. So I had a chance to check out the Winter House, which is on Fountin Square, and you were kind of talking about it.
Speaker 9: A little bit last week.
Speaker 2: Yes, but boy, it is right. You didn't believe me.
Speaker 9: I honestly hear me, of course.
Speaker 2: And now it looks attack. The ice rink looks amazing. It's much much bigger.
Speaker 9: Hold on, you're talking about something different.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a block and a half.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's let's paint the picture.
Speaker 10: We're gonna start on Fountain Square because that's where the ice rink used to be. And now they have this whole massive tent. And in the tent it is loungey, loungey, loungey. It's warm, it's so cute, it's amazing. They have these sections with legitimate couches, comfy seating, they have a full on bar, they've got the green wall, and they'll bring in DJ so they have a setup for DJ and music and.
Speaker 2: John John they'll be there to ruin Christmas with.
Speaker 10: His elf costume. He'll be climbing on top of the tent pants.
Speaker 9: It's very too much time.
Speaker 2: Kids are down there. I don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 9: I give him credit, Just don't hit them with the taxi.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And then also they have these larger tables that you can work at, so I'm like, okay, I'm about to be working. Is that about to be my co working?
Speaker 2: That's great. I think it could pop coming down from the you know, for long lunch or they Hey, I take my lap top out there from fifth third.
Speaker 9: Take a meeting down there. Yeah, I'm here to see.
Speaker 10: And now because the trees down there, So they're going to get some twinkle light action because when they drop in the tree, it is the season right now. Yeah, so I know Michelle Rourke is out there, My good friend Michelle Rourke from Rourke Wrecking. She's got her helmet on her orklove. She's actually she's the one dropping the tree in the place. She's heavy equipment, Yes, heavy equipment.
Speaker 9: It's time. It's ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 10: But last weekend they did the whole shindig of they did the family crafts and the ornaments and everything, and they had live music and last Sundays when they really leaned into it.
Speaker 9: So now is the time to.
Speaker 10: Go check it out, maybe do some work, watch the Bengals games because they'll be having the Bengals games down there, and just enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That seems like it's just a good vibe to sit there and there's like piano players down there. They just have like different Yeah.
Speaker 10: So Ben Levin he was, he's been. He's made quite the name for himself. He was there last weekend and then they also had the Wizard of Oz. They had everything like themed last weekend. I know we're talking in the past, but these are the types of things that you can think and prepare for, just to keep an eye out, especially on their social media channel.
Speaker 9: Yes, that they'll be doing this all season long. So winter House.
Speaker 10: And like you said, now there's the new ice rink whoop right down the street by the new convention centers.
Speaker 2: Look at really it.
Speaker 4: Really is good.
Speaker 2: Now the other thing they're doing too. I don't know if you saw this or not, because I had three CDC on Chrissie some mud last week. Yeah, and it's on Fifth Street. It's a tunnel of lights. Basically you walk down to the rink and it's kind of like at the zoo, you know, but it's not a grander scale because of the whole street. So it's just like cute well light display. So as you walked the block and a half to the convention center for the ice rink, it connects the.
Speaker 9: Two, right, I just keep it for blank cool, keep it around.
Speaker 2: It's like some of these displaces like blank is.
Speaker 4: What it is.
Speaker 9: The setup.
Speaker 10: It's through a really smart setup because yeah, let me know when you do, we'll bove around. Because there's another thing I want to talk about here that's right near there. But this new rink right they say it's a whole new design. They have little trees in the middle, but they also around the rink, they decided to input fire pits and igloos and they have Perglas and they're also incorporating other vendors, which is really nice.
Speaker 9: So it just kind of rounds everything out. So check that out.
Speaker 10: It's ready to rock, uh, starting today and right down the street. Because if you're down there and you're wandering another big new opening, tadah Is sALS Are two point zero.
Speaker 9: So have you heard about this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So Jose Salazar, he used to have his spot Salsar in Otr and he just recently opened up inside of the old Saxviith Avenue building.
Speaker 9: And the space is beautful, beautiful beautiful.
Speaker 2: Are they doing anything else in there? Just a restaurant?
Speaker 10: Well find out, I mean the whole, I mean the whole sax Fith Like that's I think still to discussion, but I mean his space is pretty big and he's won some national awards throughout his career. The menu, the opening menu has been described as quote unquote playing it safe, but at the end of the day, he's rolling out so many more standout dishes. The legendary oyster and kim Chie Slider is back. People love that they have other dishes like a blue crab pasta. They have a new elevated chicken tender. And it really is just taking what he was doing in OTR and quote traveled the world, made more, made some money, collected some art, came back to shake things up, and it's really it's.
Speaker 2: A location right there too. So all right, so you go skate found, go to sales are there, you got Fountain Square, you got Chris Kindlemart.
Speaker 9: To Chris Kindlermart. And it's happening today. It starts.
Speaker 10: I'm hoping that it doesn't rain because my goal is to get down there. I oay, if it rains, I'm not going. I'll go another day. Well, they do have the iglus, Yeah, so they there come every year. This thing just gets bigger and bigger and bigger, and they'll have the heated igglus. And what's great is you can rent that for ninety minutes. It is three hundred bucks to rent. However, it fits fourteen people, so do the math. That's about twenty one to twenty two bucks a person. If you have fourteen people that can can go they're always They're gonna constantly be having live music, and they have this big led screen. They have the festive characters who are coming. Santa's mailbox is gonna be there, so if you want to bring the kiddo's, if they want to rail a letter, then they can throw it in the mailbox and.
Speaker 9: Ship it off to the Stanta.
Speaker 2: I just be able to text them.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: You really should was faxing every thing for Santa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could fact Santa.
Speaker 10: You could factor the fact that the IRS still requires you to fax things blows my mind too.
Speaker 2: It's all digital now, but yeah, it's still pack a big roll. Awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So, and then they're gonna have a new interactive light display, a new play area, Holiday Beer Extravaganza. You'll see things actually boyfriend Brendan whiskey Weather. There's a good chance that he'll also be doing things like whiskey tasting, bourbon tastings, and whiskey ta So expect to see different types of events come through throughout this whole experience, which starts today and then it runs all the way through December twenty eighth, past Christmas.
Speaker 5: Which is awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, real quick, because we've only got like seconds here, I know you wanted to touch on the top one hundred restaurants in America, which since he has four of.
Speaker 10: Them, yes, what yes, Boca Soto, Jeff Ruby Steakhouse, and the precincts, well those last two four to those last yeah, right, And this is huge because we are the only Cincinnati is the only Ohio city that made the top one hundred restaurants.
Speaker 9: And this is through open Table, which in my mind.
Speaker 10: I'm like, that's a pretty that's quite incredible source because I do all my reservation through open Table. That's where people find a lot of restaurants. So the way it, you know, you're taking twelve million different diner reviews and you're determining them through food, quality, service, atmosphere, just overall experience. And it's really great to see that we're kind of becoming Cincinnati has been. But there's just something about also being back in the restaurant scene that you're really seeing this fine dining scene flourish. At Jay also announced, which we've talked about, they're extending into twenty twenty six. So there's that Basque steakhouse and you're seeing these spots really flourish, shine.
Speaker 9: So we love that first.
Speaker 2: All Right, lots to do this weekend, Alie Martin the local loops she pops in every Friday morning. We won't see you next week because it's Thanksgiving, mind, so we have a great holiday. Yeah, fat and stupid is my goal too, So thank you so much. We'll catch up in a two weeks from now here on the home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundred w what ever they sinccenat