Speaker 1: Early a minutes fourth quarter over in London, Brown seventeen, Vikings fourteen, and the Browns have the ball. So are the Lions today particular problems? What should we look for offensively and defensive Well, offensively we've kind of lined them up and all you have to do is look at the numbers and you'll know just how good they are. But what about when the Bengals have the ball and they move on the Lions, Will Jamar Chase be able to get off and deliver us the kind of game that this team desperately needs right now?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jamar, But he got a lot of guys on on IR right now. So I think they're gonna come out play zone a lot. They're mostly a man team, you know, disguise a couple of zones. The majority of the time they playing man. But against I think they're gonna go zone.
Speaker 3: Do you prefer the zone or man?
Speaker 2: And of course yeah, a lot of guys don't.
Speaker 3: Players.
Speaker 2: I mean, Denver played us man last year. This year they played us man for quarter and went to his own affect whole games.
Speaker 1: Big money ball players, Jamar Chase T Higgins got to get the ball to him, got to run. I mean you've got to establish a running game. Yeah, I mean you have to, now I don't. I mean, it's easier said than done. But if you're working on one thing this past week, I hope you are working on trying to get some sort of running attack. But Zack Tanner, he says, all will be okay if we just focus.
Speaker 4: I love personally playing playing these types of games. These are my favorite games to play. This is why we do it.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: Our backs against the wall. A little bit going in this game off of two losses. That's perfect, you know. I'd like to see how everbody responds, who lives in fear, who thrives in the university. It's a great opportunity for a coach to really assess what guys are made of, myself included.
Speaker 1: Though the mountain may seem insurmountable, keep hope alive, and that's what we'll do. Straight ahead, it's the Bengals pregame show. After we salute the greatest country that God ever created, and that would be the United States of America. Right here on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 5: The Nation Station seven hundred W LW honors our service men and women and America.
Speaker 6: This is R and L Carriers pre Game Sports Talk Live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Pregame sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chili Feeling Good. It's Skyline Time Adorned Window company. They sell the best and service the rest, Encore Technologies, visit Encore dot Tech, Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, postpund others promise. Postpund delivers your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com and by R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And now pregame sports talk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 8: It's noon on a glorious Sunday foot in downtown Cincinnati. Mollegger with Tony Pike at the Holy Grail just down the street from the venue originally known as Paul Brown Stadium. It's the RNL Carriers pregame sports Talk show live from the Holy Grail at the Banks. We are presented today by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. We get three hours Tony Wow to entertain all these Detroit Lions fans.
Speaker 3: Yep. A lot of Honolulu Blues they call it around here.
Speaker 8: Think about third Sports Weekend Michigan Yeah, knocks off Luke Fickle in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Tough Luke Fickle team.
Speaker 8: I would imagine most of them are Michigan fans. Michigan State lost in Nebras.
Speaker 3: Has there been a happier coach to cover us bread than Luke Fickle? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe Eddie George.
Speaker 8: A couple of weeks ago, the Detroit Tigers wow in extra innings and then.
Speaker 3: They get scoop on now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Wow, beat the Seattle Mariners in Game one of their American League Division series, and now they have invaded Cincinnati. Look, I'll call it what it is, Okay. I got down here about ten minutes after eleven o'clock and I look down Freedom Away.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of blue and silver here.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm thinking today stripe the stadium orange, black, blue, silver. It should pop, It should pop on TV.
Speaker 8: We do have a lot of Bengals fans in the house, and the thing is can we hear them?
Speaker 3: Can I get a whodah? Okay, we've got time.
Speaker 7: To work on that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're just starting.
Speaker 8: This was the game when the schedule got released back in May that I thought, that's gonna be awesome. Right week five, you're a few weeks into the season. Detroit's gonna be really good. You know, by then, they'll have figured out how to replace the two coordinators, the Bengals will have survived three out of the first four on the road, and we're gonna get like this early October showdown between two Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl hopefuls super Bowl contenders.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure that I would categorize the game as such.
Speaker 3: Not yet, but this organization has a lot of faith in Jake Browning.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get this figured out, uh huh. And what better time to do it than when no one, no one believes that they can do it.
Speaker 8: I have not met one Bengals fan this week. Typically, you know they've been underdogs in games. Yeah, but you'll find the folks and sometimes they're right. Sometimes I agree with them. That'll walk you down a path where at the end of it, the Bengals win the game.
Speaker 3: I try to do that.
Speaker 8: The Bengals are ten and a half point dogs today. I have not talked to one person who anticipates a home team victory. So if they win, when they win, perhaps I don't want to hear a bunch of I told you so, because listen, this week, literally nobody has told me so.
Speaker 3: I try throughout the course of the week. React on Monday, react on Tuesday, than a slow build, start to turn the page on Wednesday, and then by Thursday, normally I'm talking myself into how they win the game. Here we are on Sunday, I'm still trying to figure out how they win the game. What Detroit does extremely well is what we struggle in all areas of the game with. They are more than I think any team in the NFL, a product of their head coaches mentality.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think you find any other teams that you're like, Man, they match exactly who their coach is, correct, and I want that in Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: But you know what's interesting about that they You know it's it's cliche in sports, right, you take on the personality of your coach. I think the Lions do. But also schematically they're inventive. They were with Ben Johnson, they are without Ben Johnson. They come up with different ways to beat you. Offensively, there's a wide variety of things they do. They're tough on defense, but they're also fundamentally good. Yeah, like Dan Campbell. I'll admit, man, I got it wrong about that guy because I remember the year they were on Hard Knocks, going, oh God, I'm not buying into this professional wrestling character. You know, He's this is what a football coach in the movies is, like, uh oh man.
Speaker 7: They take on that mentality. But they're also well coached.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're so well coached. And I can't begin to reiterate how hard it is to not replace one coordinator but both. Yeah, both have been fully entrenched in their system, and I think offensively they figured it out quicker than what they have defensively. But you watch them over the last couple of weeks, they are starting to piece it together defensive and it's not shocking. They're going to be the same team. They're gonna be physical, they're gonna try to play man coverage, they're gonna bring pressure. Aiden Hutchinson is getting back into the swing of things. They're just they're balanced. They take on their coaching and everything they do feels like it works off each other. Yeah, Like when you watch them offensively, it feels like one play sets up the next, and then that sets up another play, and they can work off those. There's just rhythm and like a connectedness that they play with when you watch them.
Speaker 8: I don't know how you prepare to defend them because two very good running backs Cincinnati's owned David Montgomery making the homecoming, Jamir Gibbs, Amanrey Saint Brown is terrific. Sam Laport is very good. Like, I don't know if you're Al Golden. Al Golden has to start with can I figure out how to get eleven guys on the field? Yeah, start with that. Once he has accomplished that, I don't know how you look at the Lions and go, well, we're gonna take away this or we're gonna make them more make it more challenging for them to do this because of all the different ways that they can beat you.
Speaker 3: Well, the problem is they're scrambling on offense in Cincinnati right now. You and I talked all training camp just hoping the defense could be middle of the pack, right, but now the offense is an elite and now you're looking at the defense and saying, well, we need more out of the defense. But they weren't built. They weren't constructed to be a top ten defense. So now you look at this and you say, well, how do you become one? Al going doesn't like the pressure? Do you send more pressure? If you're out going? Do you put guys more? Because the mentality of this defense was bend but don't break, give up yards and hold teams to field goals instead of touchdowns. You got to throw that out the window now because now you're being asked to be a top fifteen defense because the offense isn't able to carry the load like we thought they were going into the year.
Speaker 8: So let me set you up for the day today here on these two radio stations ESPN fifteen thirty seven hundred WLW Tony and I here from the Holy Grail until three o'clock. It goes without saying if you are coming to the game, I don't care if you're rooting for the Bengals or Lions. Sure, there's no better place to post up. We'll have all the one o'clock games. There's a game happening right now in London. The Browns lead the Vikings seventeen.
Speaker 3: To fad matchups.
Speaker 8: Neither team's defense looks like a bad matchup for the other team's very bad matchup.
Speaker 3: Bad matchups Dylan Gabriel first start, Brian flor As defense impossible.
Speaker 8: The season of bad matchups impossible for the Cincinnati Bengals. If you're going to the game, obviously pre post here. If you're not going to the game, but you want to take in a gorgeous summer afternoon here on an October Sunday in Cincinnati, obviously the game is going to be shown all over the place. Countdown to kickoff takes over at three o'clock. Wayne box Miller and then Dan Horden Dave Lapam have the game kickoff at four to twenty five. Today, Cincinnati has lost two consecutive games. They have been outscored seventy six to thirteen in their last two, obviously both losses. Taking on a Detroit team today that has scored one hundred and twenty four points over their last three. If there's someone listening to us right now who's like, look, I turned you guys on to get ready for the game, and I want a dose of optimism, where does that start?
Speaker 3: Jamar Chase and t Higgins. You know, I thought it interesting during the week that Jamar Chase talked about wanting some fire and anger from the locker room. T Higgins openly talked this week about we got to get the ball, and we got to get the ball early. And not to say that everyone else doesn't need to get the ball, but hey, we got to start getting ours. We got to start getting the ball because good things happen when T Higgins and Jamar Chase get the ball. I would start with that, and then I go a step further into what Jamar Chase said, anger some fire. Who does that on this team? Because I think if you want to take any type of step, at some point, leaders have to emerge.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know who that is right now on the defense. I don't know who it is right now on the offense. So but they need to emerge if you want to start leading from the front and rallying guys, because right now everyone's kind of got this stun feel man. We lost Burrow, We're getting our tails kicked in and everyone's just looking and waiting. And I don't think Zach is the fire guy. I don't think Al Golden's a fire guy. We don't see much anger, We don't see much explosion on the sidelines. Who is that?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 8: I think it's Jamar, And I thought it was Jamar on Monday night on the field, and I thought it was Jamar this week talking about his message to his teammates. But you asked a question a second ago, who's that guy in the defense?
Speaker 7: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I know who one of those guys used to be. He's playing for the Detroit Lions. Yeh, DJ Reider, I don't know who that is. You might say, well, it's supposed to be Logan Wilson. Logan Wilson has had his workload decrease recent in recent weeks. By this stage in his career, maybe it should be Cam Taylor britt Well, old boy just got benched for the third time in less than a year last week.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Defensively, maybe it should be Trey Hendrickson. I just don't know that that's his personality, for better or for worse. Right, So I guess what I want to know is, first of all, who's the guy in the defense that can count to eleven? Second, who is the guy that does what? Jamar has at least shown a willingness to try to.
Speaker 3: Do and playing on teams before. It's one thing to say you're gonna be a leader. You have to be playing at a level to be a leader.
Speaker 7: Sure, Like Jake Browning can't do it now, Jake.
Speaker 3: Browne can't no offense, like if you're Genostone and you're like, hey, let's go, like the teams are gonna look at you and say you do it. Like I'm watching the film of you too, and it can't be Jake Browning like you said, because I'm watching Jake Browning play right Who Orlando brown Is it Ted Carris? Because I know Ted Carriss has all the cool sound bites and I love what he's done here in the city.
Speaker 7: But the performance is but the performance has been terrible.
Speaker 3: So if Ted Carris is is jumping down your throat on a Wednesday block your guy first, whoa yeah, wait a second? Brother, Like, So, I think that makes it very tough with what they're trying to accomplish right now.
Speaker 8: And what I think will be interesting, and I certainly hope it's not the scenario we encounter. What if they fall behind three scores today at home? Yeah, and now there's the snowball effect. And now it's okay, it's happening in our building. By the way, there's a bunch of Lions fans cheering and you're being booed by the home crowd.
Speaker 3: You got thirteen more of these.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I'm curious. And again, I hope to god we don't even have to confront this. But what if this continues?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 8: Because to me, like folks are mad at Zach Taylor. Understandably so his team looked ill prepared. The one thing that for the most part, his teams haven't done. When there's been adversity, and there's been a lot, you haven't gotten the sense that the locker room is unraveling. You haven't gotten the sense that guys are making a lot of business decisions anecdotally, maybe one or two guys, Carlos Dunlap his second, maybe AJ Green his first.
Speaker 7: But that's what I think would be interesting.
Speaker 8: And again, man, hopefully today they pull off the upset and they win, they get a dose of confidence and they can still make something of this season. But what I would when we talk about, like a head coach in the NFL, I care about how prepared their teams are to play zachs last night was not prepared. But also how did your team respond in the face of adversity. For the most part, when Zack's been the head coach, maybe they haven't won, but they haven't unraveled. Do things start to unravel and did that begin last week in Denver.
Speaker 3: I think one of the most worrisome things that someone can say about your football team as a coach is they're soft. I think that's one of the most detrimental things you can say about a team, right And if you look at this team right now in the trenches, they're soft, yep, yep, And I think that is alarming, and that starts with your mindset, which starts with your coaching staff. So I look at those things and I know we're gonna talk about them soon. We watched the team in Clifton yesterday. They're not soft. No, They'll punch you in the mouth and they'll keep punching you in the mouth line and you can rally around that. Yeah. I'm watching that, yes, and I'm saying, why can't we see more of that? Why can't And I get like, well, Pro Football focus doesn't have it. Okay, Well, can you develop somebody. Can you scheme somebody? I mean, we saw a couple of weeks ago Jamar Chase on a jet sweep nine yard carry. Have we seen it again? Have we seen anything that resembles like maybe a fake misdirection screen pass screen pass?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: When I say earlier, like what Detroit does mirrors each other. They'll put Amen Ross Saint Brown on that motion one time, they'll give it to him, and then a series later they'll come back and they'll play fake it to him, and they'll get Jamer Gibbs going opposite, and then they'll play fake to Saint Brown, and play fake to Gibbs and take a shot over the top to Jamison Williams, and then Sam Laporta is dominated. Like everything they do works off each other. Right, if you are a team that is soft upfront or schematically compromised, you better find ways to mirror.
Speaker 7: Different than schematically.
Speaker 8: It just feels to me like the offensive coaching staff has thrown up its hands as if to say, I don't know. And what's frustrating to me about that was and I talked about this on the air this week. In twenty twenty, they beat a two lost Pittsburgh team in December with Ryan Finley's quarterback. Yeah, and I remember talking with you the next day, going, you know what, good for Zach Taylor.
Speaker 7: He pieced it together.
Speaker 8: It wasn't great Ryan Finley completed seven passes, but they pieced it together. The Cleveland Browns today may lose this football game. They're up seventeen to fourteen under seven to go. In the fourth quarder, they turned things over to Dylan Gabriel. That creates a lot of noise because Shador Sanders is not the guy they turned to.
Speaker 7: They have to travel to a.
Speaker 8: Different part of the world and play a good Minnesota defense. They have pieced it together. It helps that they have Quinn Shawn Jenkins, but they have pieced it together and they are functional. What what last week felt like to me was not only lack of preparation, but essentially the offensive coaching staff going, well, what can we do?
Speaker 3: You go a step further? What do we watch on Thursday night? Yeah? The Sancis one. I think Sean McVay is one of the best minds in football. But I watched mac Jones without Pearsall, without uh Iu, without Jennings, without Kittle, beat the Rams figured it out and figure it out. Mac Jones looked competent. You didn't realize if you didn't know that they're missing seventy percent.
Speaker 7: Of their offense on the road.
Speaker 3: Short Week found ways to get their one playmaker, like McVeigh smart, Rams are smart. If you go into that game, what do you think they're gonna take away? We gotta find a way to take Christian McCaffrey away. He's still dominated early in that game. How scheme? So don't tell me that you know Detroit's gonna take They're gonna take Jamar Chase away. Yeah, they're gonna take t Higgins away. They're gonna make someone else.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 8: But you know what's frustrating to me about that is that predates.
Speaker 7: Joe Burrow getting hurt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because what was the conversation after the Cleveland game where they struggled offensively?
Speaker 7: Bad matchup? You know, the Browns just have sticky corners.
Speaker 8: So wait a minute, You've got these two all world wide receivers that you've paid, and you just shrug your shoulders and allowed the Cleveland Browns to say you can't throw the ball.
Speaker 3: Team. You don't get many opportunities to tea because we want to be in twelve persons.
Speaker 8: And that was like nobody wanted to talk about it because they won the game, and at the end of the day, that's that's all that matters, I guess. But in that game against the Browns, it felt like the Bengals said, Okay, okay, Jim Schwartz, Cleveland's defensive coordinator, Okay, you don't want us to throw to our wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Okay, we won't.
Speaker 8: That was alarming, and that's before Joe Burrow got hurt.
Speaker 3: But if that's the case, and in that game, when you win, if you're Jamar Chase, you sit back and say, Okay, at least we won. Yeah the last two weeks. No, if you're Jamar Chase and you're sitting back and you're not being utilized, and you watch Thursday night Football and you watch Justin Jefferson today have some success against the Cleveland Browns, who you couldn't have success against. Now you're starting to think, wait a second. If I'm not gonna get mine and we're gonna be losing by twenty that's an issue. So I don't care what level of football. Every receiver in the history of the sport has done it. Yeah, they're going to start eventually saying it's time to get mine.
Speaker 11: Huh.
Speaker 3: I need to be a target, especially when we're playing this bad and if you don't, especially early in today's game, if you don't make it a point to get him and T Higgins involved, then I start to think you have sideline and locker rooms issues that start to come out.
Speaker 8: We are just about four hours away from kickoff Bengals in the Detroit Lions coming up at the venue originally known as Paul Brown Stadium. The game live on ESPN fifteen thirty seven hundred WLW muleg or Tony Pike broadcasting from the Holy Grail. It's the rn L Carriers pregame sports Talk Live from the Grail, presented by Your Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 12: If you are in the market for some new running or rocking footwear and when like an experienced.
Speaker 13: Shoe fitter to help you select.
Speaker 12: The right shoe for you, stop into one of our Queen Sitting Running locations in White Oak and Westchester Queen City Running dot Com.
Speaker 14: Make your home cozier than ever during furniture fares fall, holiday homesale, Get ready for holiday gatherings and style with our Galentine lowest prices on furniture and mattresses, Plus get a double sales tax discount on your purchase or twenty four months no interest financing. Get a solid wood Queen bed now only four ninety six, or a maid in the USA Doorbuster sofa for just seven ninety nine. Shop the full holiday home sale going on now only at Furniture Fair.
Speaker 10: The Holy Grail is your headquarters for all the college and NFL games this season. Enjoy bucket beer specials every Saturday for college football. They've got every game so you won't miss any of your favorite team games.
Speaker 3: Action.
Speaker 10: Join Moe Egger, Tony Pike, and Ken Brew before every Bengals home game for a live broadcast. It's great food and great action all season long. The Holy Grail is the home for all sports in Cincinnati.
Speaker 15: The Holy Grail. Your search is over.
Speaker 16: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 15: iHeart Football Season is here.
Speaker 17: Cincy Fans and bell Terr Casino Resort has all the action. Celebrate a hometown win with NonStop gaming action, incredible dining with six restaurants.
Speaker 13: Are relaxing a hotel and spa, or tiop.
Speaker 17: At our world class town Fazio Design Championship golf course for Cincinnati football.
Speaker 15: It doesn't get.
Speaker 17: Much better away from the stadium than here at bell Terr Casino Resort in Southern Indiana.
Speaker 13: Gambling problem call one eight hundred nine ninety four eight four eight.
Speaker 18: You know that big bargain detergent jug is eighty percent water, Right, it doesn't clean as well.
Speaker 19: Eighty percent water. I thought I was getting a better deal because it's so big. If you want a better clean Pods are only twelve percent water. The rest is pure concentrated cleaning ingredients.
Speaker 20: Oh, let me make an announcement a Shoppers.
Speaker 19: If you want a real deal, try Kai pods.
Speaker 18: Stop paying for water down detergents, pay for clean. If it's got to be clean, it's gotta be Tide Pods water content based on a leading barkin liquid detergent Trust.
Speaker 21: Ever Dry Waterproofing to fix your leaky basement or smelly crawl space permanently, Gary Salvin here Forever Dry. They have fixed tens of thousands of basements over the past forty years. And when I say permanently, I mean it. Their patented system comes with a transferable lifetime warranty. Reclaim that basement space and live in a healthier home by calling Ever Dry Waterproofing.
Speaker 3: Don't put it off.
Speaker 21: Inspections are free. Call five one, three, eight seven, four seventy two hundred. Ever Dry Waterproofing for a healthier, dryer home now open in Lexington and Louisville.
Speaker 15: Hey, want to hear something great? Right now?
Speaker 20: At Wendy's You can get two of the number one selling bacon cheeseburger in all fast food, the JBC, plus medium fries and a medium soft drink for just eight bucks. Want to hear something else great? Double the burger means double the bacon. Now that's a game changer. Two of the number one bacon cheeseburgers with fries and a drink for just eight bucks.
Speaker 13: Gotta be Wendy's with at a time only.
Speaker 15: US Price and participation may vary.
Speaker 22: Request a dollar DVC meal deal to obtain discount individual items a regular.
Speaker 23: Price Backslatractor is Cincinnati's Cabota headquarters tractors, skid steers, mowers, UTVs and more.
Speaker 13: They have it all.
Speaker 23: Stop by their show rooms for a KBODA today. Visit online at Backslawtractor dot com.
Speaker 24: Tractor from the ballpark to the back roads. Hudson Oil Fuels the heart of our tri state farms, contractors, truckers and generators.
Speaker 13: You run the game and we bring the power. Hustle grit Fuel.
Speaker 24: That's Hudson Oil Cincinnati Strong, just like our hometown team, Hudsonfueloil dot Com.
Speaker 25: Hi, this is Dave the door guy with Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky. Tackle You're broken garaged Call five one.
Speaker 8: Three three four Sevendour mullagger Here. Schools are back school injuries are too sports playgrounds horsing around. It's important to remember Orthos Sincy Orthopedic Urgent Care. Walkins are welcome in Orthosincy Orthopedic Urgent Care has extended evening and Saturday hours. Check out orthosincw ay dot com.
Speaker 26: With other language learning apps, I was just playing games.
Speaker 27: I wasn't really learning.
Speaker 15: Babbel's different.
Speaker 28: Babbel was designed by over two hundred language learning experts to be the most effective way to learn another language.
Speaker 26: Every time I open the app, I can choose to work on my writings, speaking or listening, and it saves my mistakes for me to review, So I'm constantly improving. Before Babbel, I thought I just wasn't good with languages, But now I'm speaking French.
Speaker 15: Tho Sassi class above in save.
Speaker 28: Up the fifty percent on your Babel subscription when you sign up at babble dot com ba bb el dot com.
Speaker 29: It's the final push before winner give your fall clean up done right. Driveway Dumpsters most popular sizes are now just two ninety nine fool weeks.
Speaker 3: Don't wait.
Speaker 29: Book your Fall special at d dumpsters dot com.
Speaker 8: Twenty three minutes after twelve o'clock four hours is two minutes away from kickoff. Downtown Cincinnati. We are broadcasting from the Holy Grail. It's the rn L Carriers pregame sports Talk. We are presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers.
Speaker 7: I'm just honored that you're here with me on your wedding anniversary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to my wife six years, six years, probably not listening right now, but shout out.
Speaker 7: To her why she didn't want to come down with you.
Speaker 3: Spend spend, You couldn't get a babysitter today. We used the babysitter last night for dinner.
Speaker 7: Very well done, but happy anniversary.
Speaker 3: A very nice lady brought us a rose that's nice and told us that everything's gonna be okay with the marriage with the angles. Okay, but I might use that today.
Speaker 8: She'll she'll of course think you stopped off and bought that for no doubt.
Speaker 7: Well, happy interview, the glass of water to you and at an erratives, weren't the Holy Grail?
Speaker 8: Till three o'clock, Wayne box Miller countdown to kick off. I want to dive into what you spent a lot on time, a lot of time on social media on this week later on, which is Jake Browning against the Denver Broncos. But let's look ahead. I guess you know when Joe Burrow got hurt. Fair conversations about do you go find somebody else? They obviously have not with each passing week since the outside conversations about what they do at quarterback have intensified.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 8: All right, if we see anything that looks like what we saw in the past two weeks, do you give Brett Ripping a shot?
Speaker 3: I can't believe we're having the conversation about giving Brett Ripping the shot, because well, the moment you and I talked after the Burrow injury. The side I've been on was go get a quarterback, not to have to start right away, but if the last two weeks went like they did, because if you go get a quarterback right away, a proven quarterback, the last two weeks, they've been getting up to speed, and now you at least give yourself a chance today in some lions. Okay, he's had two weeks to get in this. I don't care who it is, Russell Wilson, Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins at Joe Flacke. I don't care who you say, but they would have had two weeks in the system. You've waited, and now if you were to bring somebody in, you've got to allow more build up. I was shocked, first of all to hear Zach Taylor this week say I've got the utmost confidence in Jake Browning. I don't believe him. I don't believe him, and I don't believe that the locker room does after watching the last two weeks.
Speaker 7: And that's probably a bigger deal.
Speaker 3: And that's the issue because now you've probably got guys saying what he just said, confidence and who like the utmost confidence. So clearly what they're doing with Jake browning's not working. I guess if that's next in line, you give Ripping a chance. But I feel like you could have been more proactive weeks ago and giving yourself a better opportunity going into today.
Speaker 8: What's interesting to me is like there's pushback when you mentioned any of those guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 8: Like, all right, you're you're not gonna trade for Josh Allen. Okay, you're gonna get a guy who's not starting in the NFL right now, but you have at least got to present yourself options that are possibly better than what you have. We were in the office that first day after Burrow got hurt, and our colleague Austin Elmore asked about I think it was I think it was Russell Wilson, Yeah, because he had just lost his job starting job with the New York Giants, so I guess it might have been a week after the Burrow injury. And I said, yes, he goes you think he's better than Browning? Then I go, probably, but he's better than Brett Rippon. Yeah, right, so start there is there a guy who's better than your backup option for the dude you're gonna go ahead with because you want a better backup option if the guy you're gonna go ahead with isn't good enough and you have time to pull the trigger and you do.
Speaker 3: I'll say it about Russell Wilson, him in particular. Yeah, his numbers might not have been great over the last couple of years. I watched him in Cincinnati last year, look fine by the way. First a couple of weeks ago with the before he got bench with the Giants, he through for four fifty in a game, his career high. Right, what I know about him, He'll take shots to your dudes. He'll give him opportunities. I might be double coverage at times, but he'll throw the ball down the field and let him go get it right. I just we've not seen that from Jake. And what I watched on tape last week was a quarterback that's not reading the right direction. Quarterback that's not making the right decisions. And when you're going away from your guys and they're open, then what do you start to see on film? Guys are throwing their hands up, Guys are frustrated as the pass drops and stopping the routes, stopping their routes. Uh, you see the looks, the blank looks on the sideline as they're sitting on the bench. It's just all things as a former quarterback at a different level as a former quarterback. If you see your guys like that, immediately like I got to make sure I get him the ball or else they're going to check out out and then you're gonna miss a lot.
Speaker 8: Well, And I know the position is different, but there are other guys who were bench last week. Yeah, like Dalton Reisman had the CAF issue but was sidelined because he hasn't been good enough. And Cam Taylor Britt was taken out of last week's game because he's.
Speaker 7: Not been good enough.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: And I believe Logan Wilson's workload has been reduced because he's not been good enough. So there's a part of me that's like, if I'm on that team, all right, cool, you got all these other dudes who have struggled, you're benching them, which you should.
Speaker 7: But not this guy.
Speaker 3: Right. It just it creates whispers and conversations in the locker room, and that's how those fractures start. And the more you get into those if enough of those start, then the whole foundation starts to tumble around you, and then you've got a whole nother problem on your hands.
Speaker 8: All right, we were gonna pick the one o'clock games coming up in just about twenty minutes, But first we're gonna talk about what we watched at Knippert Stadium yesterday.
Speaker 3: The hero of the city needs that. You see bear Cat. Now people are excited.
Speaker 8: Cincinnati sports on their shoulders jump with a win over Iowa State yesterday that, according to Vegas, was not an upset. No I saw that in the bottom line watching football last night, Cincinnati upsets Iowa, stated, I go, I'm not about you. I'm thought Bearcats were laying to point and a half. That ain't an upset.
Speaker 3: Now you see expected.
Speaker 8: Now you see one of four teams in the Big twelve with a two and zero record.
Speaker 7: We'll get to that after the news.
Speaker 8: We're broadcasting from the Holy Grail downtown is the RNL Carriers pregame sports talk show presented by Your Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: News, traffic and winning. This is a game day news updates.
Speaker 3: They're in negotiation right now as we speak. They've started the negotiation.
Speaker 16: It'll last a.
Speaker 3: Couple of days. We'll see how it shourns out, but I'm hearing it showings very well.
Speaker 30: This is the twelve thirty report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. President Trump from the South Lawn moments ago, his envoys working to finalize of possible ceasefire agreement after Hamas officials gave their stamp of approval for phase one on Friday, ABC's in panel is in Jerusalem.
Speaker 11: With the latest andw thingk It's hard to overstate how important these talks are. This is the most significant development in this conflict that we've seen for months. The first indirect talks between Israel and Hamas broken by the US, and there is a lot of attention on it, and there is a lot at stake care.
Speaker 30: President Trump is now headed to Virginia to host the Salute to the Fleet event despite the government shutdown. In a post on True Social Presences, today's event in Norfolk will honor the brave men and women of the US Navy mark two hundred and fifty years of maritime dominance, he says that Democrats tried their best to destroy the celebration of the Navy's birthday, but the show must go on.
Speaker 13: He says.
Speaker 30: The Navy has been planning this event for many months and refuses to let service members down as their commander in chief. Now the latest traffic at weather Together, got a report of a car in the right hand lane southbound seventy five around the zero point eight mile marker.
Speaker 31: Be aware of that.
Speaker 30: They're going to try to be getting that out of there. But otherwise, no highway delays or accidents to report.
Speaker 15: Huge, no babies, four cats.
Speaker 32: Big changes are head for the weak. Weatherwise, will have beautiful blue skye today, temperatures in the mid eighties this afternoon, and the same for tomorrow, but tomorrow isolated rain chances and then higher range chances for Tuesday part of a cold front. Temperatures would drop the second half of the week into the upper sixties and low seventies. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first one of meteorologists Kjjcobsle's radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: Seventy six degrees right now here in Cincinnati, two families are suing Tesla over the door design after losing their college aged children in a cyber truck crash last year. According to one of the lawsuits filed in a California court. The family argues that Tesla's electric door handles became non functional during the accident and quote turned a survivable crash into a fatal.
Speaker 13: Fire end quote.
Speaker 30: The car's electronic doors handles failed in the crash, leaving the rescuers unable to open the doors from the outside before the fire erupted. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced plans to open an investigation into the doors on Tesla's Model Y cars after several cases of inoperable handles were reported.
Speaker 13: Here's an important food recall now from Kroger.
Speaker 33: Kroger has issued a recall for two PASA items in twenty eight states and that includes Ohio and Kentucky. The basal pesto botie salad and smoked mozzarella penne salad have been recalled due to a possible listeria contamination. It's sold under different brand names, but most likely you'll encouire it as the Kroger brand. You can return it to the store for a full refund. This follows a recent recall of one hundred and fifty thousand pounds of shrimp.
Speaker 15: Sold at Kroger stores.
Speaker 33: Listeria can cause short term symptoms like high fevers, adominal pain, diarrhea if your headaches, a nausea, but impregnant women, it can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths. E'mley Mawen News Radio seven hundred WLW Bengals Update.
Speaker 30: Two teams trending in opposite directions meet today at Paeycorp when the Bengals host the Lions. The three to one Detroit Lions have won their last three games, including a thirty four to ten route over the Cleveland Browns last week. The Lions have the highest scoring offense in the league and have scored more than thirty points in each of their last three games. Meanwhile, the Bengals two and two are reeling after two straight losses. The Bengals have out been outscored seventy six to thirteen in their last two games. Since losing Joe Burrow, The offense hasn't gone over one hundred and seventy five yards in either of the games. At Burrow's backup Jake Browning, has started. However, the Bengals have won their last seven games against Detroit, so there's hope. Bengals coach Zach Taylor says his defense needs to play physical and smart.
Speaker 4: You know, it is a tough task. I've got a lot of respect for the job. Dan and the staf doo on offense shared coach share for two years. Got a ton of respect for him. It's a tough task. There's going to be some above the next stuff early in the week. Our guys have to have to own it.
Speaker 13: Kickoff is at four twenty five right here.
Speaker 30: Game time temperature eighty five degrees today Bengals Game D forecast built by American Hometech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof American home Tech dot com. I'm Sandy Collins, next News at one News Radio seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 13: Oh, how's that flu, babe?
Speaker 15: Did you take day Cool Intense Flu yet?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 15: Nah?
Speaker 13: I got this?
Speaker 15: Okay, I don't got this.
Speaker 19: You stay on the couch and I'll grab the day quill.
Speaker 34: Undo your flu symptoms with dayquel intense flu. Daquel intense Flu provides powerful relief of your flu symptoms.
Speaker 15: I'm ready for that to do list. Wow, you do got this day Cool Intense flu.
Speaker 34: The daytime Coffy aching aching fever under your flu medicine use is directed to keep out of reach your children.
Speaker 35: Beach Montsoyota is stocked with a wide selection of new vehicles. We've got great deals on cameras, Tacomas, ralph Wars, Highlanders and Siennas. Plus every new Toya it comes with a two year no cost maintenance plan for added peace of mind. Shop online or visit beach Mont Toyota.
Speaker 16: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 15: iHeart football fans.
Speaker 36: It's Truck Month at Mike Kestracy Ford in Milford and Mikekstrasey Ford, Lincoln of Alexandria. Truck Month spells big savings for you on our most popular Ford trucks. Get six thousand dollars off the sticker price of a brand new twenty twenty five Ford Super Duty pickup Trump F.
Speaker 13: Two fifty f three fifty.
Speaker 7: Even f four to fifty.
Speaker 3: If it says super Duty.
Speaker 36: Get six thousand off the sticker price only at Mike Hestracy Ford.
Speaker 13: Hey, you kids look great. Here you go.
Speaker 37: Now you can treat yourself to great savings with October specials from a door and window all this month. Put no money down and get zero percent interest for two years plus take five percent off your total order when you can buy and save on entry doors and windows from Pervilla and Pella, Summer Space, Awnings and clobe Gar, and up to one hundred and twenty five dollars off your new Liftmaster opener.
Speaker 13: Find out more at adoorsales dot com.
Speaker 3: Services say.
Speaker 38: After I came home from Iraq, I could still hear the booms.
Speaker 13: Makes it hard to be a good mom.
Speaker 27: As America's veterans space challenges, DAV is.
Speaker 39: There, I'm Naomi Mathis Air Force veteran.
Speaker 27: DAV helps veterans get the benefits they've earned.
Speaker 15: Thanks to DAV, I was able to begin to heal.
Speaker 27: With the right support, more veterans can reach victories great and small.
Speaker 15: My victory is being able to be here for my children.
Speaker 27: Support more victories for veterans go to DAV dot org.
Speaker 40: Fighting health insurance shouldn't feel like solving a Rubik's Cube cover. Sincey makes it simple, affordable, and actually easy. Go to coversincy dot com. It's coverage you can count on.
Speaker 41: Stop by Ralph's American Grow in Wilmington, I seventy one, Exit fifty inside the Holiday and at the Robert Center.
Speaker 8: At twenty three away from one o'clock. It's the RNL Carriers pre game sports talk. Fie from the Holy Grail will present it today by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Bengals hosting the Lions today coming up at four twenty five in London. Carson Wentz has just taken the Minnesota Vikings on a ten play, eighty yard drive that finished with a Jordan Addison twelve yard touchdown reception, Vikings figuring out ways to exploit those Cleveland corners which the Bengals couldn't do. Minnesota has taken a four point lead twenty one seventeen, which twenty five seconds to go in London. A Minnesota victory would send them to three and two. Cleveland in danger of falling to one and four Vikings about to kick off. We'll keep you up to date. We are gonna pick all the one o'clock games. Obviously lots more on the Bengals and Lions. But Tony, first of all, we're gonna talk about the Bearcat game that you did color for and number one, you did an awesome job nights second game number two, I think we would both be remiss we talked about our friend Jim Kelly on the air yesterday. The UC legend has decided to not do games for the rest of the season as he wages a fight that.
Speaker 7: We all rooting, are all rooting for him in against cancer.
Speaker 8: We love Jim. We talked about him on the air yesterday. You have filled his shoes capably, but certainly asking everybody in our audience to send one wishes to Jim and his family.
Speaker 3: Yeah. As great as he's been for the University of Cincinnati, I said yesterday, and for the football program and the excellence that comes with the Kelly name, it's what Jim is as an actual person. Yes, that's even more impressive. And you know, as much as our road trips, like I missed Jim in the booth, I also miss being able to go out and have dinner and a couple of drinks with Jim, no doubt on the road that was one of the best parts to me that that we get to do with our job is spend time with him like that. Yeah, we miss him. Yeah, and they've done well the last two weeks.
Speaker 8: They've done well by Jim, no doubt about it. Thirty eight to thirty victory over Iowa State. I think the Bearcats might be pretty good.
Speaker 3: Man. I don't know if I've seen a better first half of football in a long time.
Speaker 7: Uh huh against a good opponent, well coached.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if I've seen a more dominant offensive line showing in a first half yep, in a long time. And it's so backwards because we watch that and then we talk about what this old line does or doesn't do. For the Cincinnati Bengals, they play with attitude, They play with toughness, they play with physicalness, and on a smaller level of what you see here with Gibbs and Montgomery, they have that with Walker and Pryor in their running game, and all of a sudden, these receivers are getting open. Joe Royer is as good in the running game as he is in the passing game receiving Soresby's playing with a ton of confidence. It's just it's a lot, a lot of fun to see how it's all coming together. And as bad as it felt at times, defense got the stops in the second half when they needed him, when it felt like the offense was sputtering a little bit. Yeah, the defense carried the load, which I didn't know if they were capable of at that point yet.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure the thirty points that Iowa State scored is totally indicative of how good, Yeah, Cincinnati's defense was, because it was good when it had to be, When the offense was kind of stuck in the mud and Iowa States trying to come back, the defense got repeated stops. I'll say this about Brendon Sorosby, and you talked about it a lot during the broadcast yesterday.
Speaker 7: I didn't think he was great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you watch a lot of quarterbacks who when they're not having a great day and they have to make a throw, they don't on third and eight to Caleb Goody for the eighty two yard touchdown, which at least allowed everybody to breathe a sigh of relief.
Speaker 7: He drops an absolute time.
Speaker 3: It is so hard, as someone once throwing four interceptions in a BCS game you did. No, It's impossible when things aren't going your way to just be like, all right, fucking good now. Yeah. Yeah. And the fact that he missed opportunities yesterday, and the running game was so effective, you knew the opportunities were there to come back at the end of the game when it felt like you don't want to punt it back to Iowa State and have to have your defense out there. Drops an absolute dime to Caleb Goody. Is remarkable, and they overcame that. I don't know if I've ever seen seven straight penalties called. They overcame that.
Speaker 8: What a way the way the penalty on Matthew McDoom, the pass interference right before the half that kind of opened the door garbage, was an atrocious call. The wide receiver is coming down the field grabbing Matthew's face mask.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Logan Wilson late the penalty that show on him when the receiver was trying to run, Yes, like didn't pick him up in body slam him, just took him to the ground. Yeah, it was. It was insane. But what I like most about it we built it up as a big deal this week because the Bengals are struggling because the Reds were eliminated, and we thought, man if if there was ever a time for uc to grab hold of the city, here comes a fourteenth ranked team. Yeah, you're building Knippert Stadium sold out. Environment's unbelievable. Great to deliver the way they did and were dominant, and they had to overcome adversity everything. They checked off back to back wins like they did. Kansas went on the road and beat uc APP last week. That's your next opponent. Just extremely extremely impressive on so many levels.
Speaker 7: The game got weird at the end.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Cincinnati was trying to run out the clock. They call it run play on first down. They took a knee on second. Then it was like they realized, I'll wait a minute, the game's not over and called a running play like that was weird. Iowa State also their last offensive play, they're throwing some laterals and the like. Probably wouldn't have worked, but I don't know. They were having some success. They lateral to a tight end. He just walks out of like.
Speaker 3: Literally, it was the most casual walk out of bounds ever. That tight end. Was like, nah, these are my stats. I'm taking these stats. Did you have any issue with the field rush? No? I love a field rush. Yeah, because people, well, you're right, some fort ranked team in the country and this fan base has been waiting to rally and celebrate and now it's already started. Yes, now it's let's do it again. Next Saturday. Yeah, let's do it again. Let's let's keep this rolling and let's see where this can go. It. It's remarkable growing up here, and you've seen it when you see as playing at a better, higher level. It's just a different vibe around the city, in a different feel. And I'm seeing more now when I'm out in places, people wanting to talk about not the Rets, not the Bengals. Man, how about that UC game? I think that about.
Speaker 8: I think that Kansas game made people perk up. But all right, people have perked up and they're paying attention and again, like and all that goes away if you lose yesterday, they they didn't just win and the game got closer than it should have been.
Speaker 7: They played really well.
Speaker 8: Like that looks like a well coached, well put together football team. I'm not crazy enough to think they're gonna run the table. I'm not stupid enough to think that they They still don't have some heavy lifting to do. But to tell you what, in the aftermath of the Nebraska game, when Brendan Soresby threw for sixty nine yards to now, I think my expectation for the season has changed. The schedule is reasonably favorable, the league top to bottom isn't awesome. This could be a very good season. And I'll also say this man, you talk with him every week. Scott Sadefield earned a lot of skepticism, both you know, with the way he was hired, but also the previous two years.
Speaker 7: I'm happy for him. His team is enjoying some success.
Speaker 3: Loves him.
Speaker 7: He's handled himself in a first class manner.
Speaker 3: Think about what you want. I'm in the locker room. Those guys love him, man, I love him. I also think, like if I'm sitting here today, I think Texas Tech right now is the best team in the Big twelve. Agreed else and is probably good. You don't play Texas Tech. You get BYU in your building. You gotta go to Utah, which will be tough, but Baylor's here, TCU's here, TCUs on the road, but I think Baylor will be the next toughest GID. That's that's in your building. It is a favorable schedule, and you don't want to look too far ahead. You got to take care of business against UCF. We know what that game has been like the last couple of years. And if you do that and you take care of Oklahoma State come back home against Baylor with the potential to be four to oh homecoming rockets environment, and it's exciting right now to talk about UC football.
Speaker 7: They're one throw away from being five.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, not even a throw a throw away. It's frustrating thing. They complete it, Yeah, got it away, kick the field going. Who knows what happens in overtime?
Speaker 7: Fourteen away from one o'clock.
Speaker 8: By the way, Vikings hold on to beat the Browns twenty one to seventeen. So the Cleveland Browns follow a one in four. That's what we sent to London. Yeah, Dylan Gabriel threw a couple of touchdowns in his NFL debut, but Carson Wentz throws the go ahead touchdown pass with less than a half a minute ago. The Vikings improved two, three and two. We'll look ahead to the one o'clock games when we come back. It's the RNL Carriers pregame Sports Talk, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers.
Speaker 42: For ten years, families have trusted Kelsey Chevrolet. Now we're driving forward with a new look, the same promise and more ways to deliver peace of mind. Visit us today and experience the difference from our family to yours. Kelseyshev dot com.
Speaker 43: This September, step up to the plate and give blood with Hawksworth Blood Centered University of Cincinnati. All donors receive an exclusive Ellie de la Cruz t shirt with seven locations across Greater Cincinnati.
Speaker 15: Has never been easier.
Speaker 43: A few minutes of your day will be a grand slam for someone in need. Schedule your donation now at Hawksworth dot org or call five one three four five one zero nine one zero Hawk's Worth Blood Center saving lives close to home.
Speaker 44: All right, This is Trevor Jones with Robert Jones Plumbing, the world's friendliest plumbers. Family owned and operated for forty years. Give us a call for all your plumbing needs, whether drain your pairs, water leaks, or sewery repair. That's Robert Jones Plumbing. Five one three three five three two two three zero.
Speaker 45: Our storm roof is the ultimate defense fall storms cost damage you may not even see. That's why nearly eight thousand homeowners have trusted American home Tech. Visit American home Tech dot com now for your complimentary inspection.
Speaker 15: Protect your home.
Speaker 29: Team at American Home Tech dot.
Speaker 46: Com, straight Talk percents the math of more. Here's how it works. When you say yes to more with straight Talk, you're left with more for all the other good stuff. So getting an unlimited plan starting at just twenty five dollars a month equals more savings for your family's weekend adventures. And with a network covered by Verizon, you can share more from wherever you go.
Speaker 30: It's simple math.
Speaker 46: Really, more equals more with straight Talk available at straight talk dot com and Walmart.
Speaker 15: Taxes and v s apply.
Speaker 46: The twenty five dollars plan requires compatible unlock device in a new line of service. Additional terms apply.
Speaker 47: Looking to earn more with your checking account, Kemba has the answer. Get green checking pace you up to forty five dollars a month. It's as simple as using your debit card, viewing e statements, and logging into online or mobile banking. Open your account today and earn up to forty five dollars a month with Kemba. For details and qualifications, visit kemba dot com. That's k e Mba dot com. APY equals annual percentage YELD monthly example based on earning four percent APY on a daily balance of fifteen thousand dollars throughout a twenty eight day qualification cycle and meeting all qualifications lead subject to change in your pay in CUA.
Speaker 48: At First State Bank, we think it's nice to have someone else in your corner. After all, there's nothing like having the right account at a bank that believes in you. First State Bank built unbelief. Visit FSB the number four me dot com. Remember I FD I.
Speaker 8: See At SIMS Furniture, you shop your way. Want to not be bothered by a sales associate, no problem. SIMS Furniture has non commissioned salespeople, so there's no pressure and no hassle. But they're there if you need them. SIMS makes it simple stop by a showroom or check out SIMS Furniture CEO dot com. Casting from the Holy Grail, downtown Cincinnati, just about three and a half hours away from kickoff. Benals Adlions coming up in the sasur down downtown to kickoff with the Hall of Famer Wayne Box Miller had three o'clock Mowleger Tony Mike RNL carriers pregame sports talk from the Holy Grail. We are presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Let's take a look Tony in Who's Hot in the NFL? Brought to you by Plump Tight, Fast Response Times, No Service Foods.
Speaker 3: Detroit Lions.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: You mentioned their success over over their last three games one hundred and twenty four points. I've been amazed and watching them function, and I thought, and I do think Ben Johnson is a genius.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: You lose a guy like that, and everyone started to wonder like, oh if can Jared Golf succeed with not after the first game. Yeah, yeah, And now everyone's bought back in. They're functioning at a high level. Not the greatest time you wanted this, Detroit. Remember when the schedule came out, You're like, maybe you get him early because of new coordinators. It feels like they're right in their stride right now offensively and one of the hottest teams in the league.
Speaker 8: All right, let's start the one o'clock games by talking about one of the two four to no teams in the NFL. That's the Philadelphia Eagles, who are undefeated. They haven't won a game by more than one score. They've got to figure out way to unearth A. J. Brown, who has twenty seven receiving yards, are fewer in three of their four games.
Speaker 7: Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 8: They won last week without him completing a pass and the second half. Philly is at home today laying three and a half points against the Broncos.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you go against Philly until they prove the otherwise. Agreed. They find ways to win in so many ways. And it feels like the Philly way, like Hurt struggled a little bit in the second half.
Speaker 16: A J.
Speaker 3: Brown feels like he's upset. Hurts'll find him like nine times a day for one hundred and twenty yards and a touchdown. And I wasn't overly impressed with BOONEX and Denver last week.
Speaker 8: No, that was the thing about that game, Like it was twenty eight to three. You're thinking, God, the Broncos must have been really good. Now, I didn't think that was the case, not at all. All Right, I'll take Philly. I'll lay the three and a half points. That city reeling after the Phillies blew an early three nothing lead last night against the Dodgers. Uh, I'm glad I'm not watching this one. The Saints are in home, laying two against the Giants. Spencer Rattler, oh and ten is the starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: I mean, what kind of leash do you get? Obviously, I thought there were so many good things about Jackson Dart last week. Huh, but the loss of elite neighbors? How do you overcome that? Right? With that offense? But New Orleans has been that bad. I'll take the Giants.
Speaker 8: I'm actually gonna go the other way. They have led for all of four four minutes this season. Okay, they're laying two at home. Okay, Jackson Dart was fine last week. His one touchdown pass was a shovel pass, which shouldn't count job pass making a comeback. I'll take the Saints, Dallas Cowboys coming off the forty all tie on the road against the Jets or zero to four laying two.
Speaker 7: And a half.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to make of Dallas. I don't know what to make of the Jets, but I feel like the Jets are close with Aaron Glenn. They've been competitive, yes, and a lot of their losses. I'll take the Jets and Justin Fields to get it done today.
Speaker 8: Dallas has allowed the second most number of rushes of fifteen yards or more by opposing quarterbacks justin fields breaks a few Today, I'll take the points with the Jets. Indy at Home is laying a touchdown against Las Vegas, and the backstory of this game is one of the more bizarre stories I've ever seen, and I don't want to make too much light of it, but if you have not followed the Mark Sanchez story, he was in town to call the Colts game for Fox and got stabbed and he's in stable condition, but he has been arrested for apparently provoking the incident that led to him getting stabbed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's like the report happens, and there's so many people out there like such a great guy, couldn't find anyone nicer prayers to Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 7: This is what you get for walking around downtown.
Speaker 3: And it's like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, We're actually looking into Mark Sanchez. And then it's we're arresting Mark Sanchez. I guess with all that going on, you gotta leave the whole team.
Speaker 8: I got nothing, I go a bizarre story. So Vegas has lost their left tackle. I think that's gonna hurt their ability to get asked, and genty going and Gino Smith has already thrown seven picks. I think that is a blowout in India. I'll take the Colts Baltimore with Cooper Rush and a thousand guys hurt laying a point and a half again at a point in a half at home against Houston.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I gotta take Houston. I was with you, we talked about this earlier. I thought Baltimore would still find a way. No Marlin Humphrey, now no Kyle Hamilton. I guess I'll take Houston. Still got Terrick Henry, Yeah, although they don't give him the ball much.
Speaker 8: It's gonna get weird for John Harball if they fall to one and five. Absolute Super Bowl aspirations. You look like the best roster in the NFL. Even after that first game. Yep, the Dolphins are laying a point on the road against Carolina.
Speaker 3: I'm not going against Carolina. This is a uh, this is a Bryce Young get right game. Carolina Panthers rally in this one. I like uh. I like Carolina. They are so weird, Like they beat Atlanta thirty to nothing and then they'll lay an egg. I think they do enough to day to get it done against Miami without Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 8: I think their coach is weird. Bryce Young, I don't think has progressed. And I think the Dolphins, I certainly don't want to make light of a guy's injury, but I think the Dolphins are weirdly better without Tyreek Hill. Jalen Waddell, Yeah, yeah, I think the Dolphins are weirdly better without him. I think they cover win the game out right, I'll I'll take the Fins.
Speaker 7: We will see.
Speaker 8: Uh, we have a lot of ground to cover between now and three o'clock. Bengal's hosting the Detroit Lions today at the venue originally known as Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati A ten and a half point.
Speaker 3: We don't have to look that yet, though, do we.
Speaker 8: We're gonna pick the four o'clock ready Sunday night game and the Monday night game at two thirty. I give you some time to kind of marinate on it. I give you some time to sort of figure it out.
Speaker 3: Well. You you started doing these, uh are pick'ems, and then I realized, because of the late start, that I have yet to set my lineup for my my weekly fantasy this week. Yeah, but you got to do that before the No, no, no, oh really no, this is a week okay, but seam looks terrible, just terrible. Jim Morin's in the house, hopefully staying in the house as you might expect, hopefully not going down the street as well. Has there ever been a worst track record.
Speaker 8: To travel to One of the owners and proprietors of this establishment went to Minneapolis two weeks ago and I think was on a plane before the game ended, and then he said I'm going down And then he was with us in Denver last week and he made it three He made it longer than I wanted to. He he left in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: I sat up a text to day, I get credit to him because he's going back today, so he's gonna ride it to the wheels.
Speaker 7: Followed the definition of die hard right there.
Speaker 3: I respect it.
Speaker 7: The definition of die hard right there.
Speaker 3: It's the definition of something, but I respect all of it. Jim is a lot of things.
Speaker 8: The most loyal and passionate Cincinnati sports fan is very high on that list, there's no question about it. And owns and runs a bar here which reflects as much. Yes, and it's awesome of him to have him with us here.
Speaker 3: It's also nice of him to have us here all the time, every single week.
Speaker 8: There's no question about it. It is and we're gonna dive into the game itself.
Speaker 3: We've got a couple of minutes. This was a game.
Speaker 8: This is the most expensive regular season ticket in the history of the Bengals franchise. Yeah, and I'm not talking like secondary markets, StubHub stuff like that.
Speaker 7: This was a game that I think everybody looked at it.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 8: I get it, maybe to a degree, you're trying to price out fans of the other team, but you knew there were gonna be a lot of Lions fans here today. This was one of those games I think is a football fan you looked at before the season started and said, I'm going to watch those two offenses. I want to watch those two teams play against each other and maybe we'll see it again in Santa Clara in February. And so I hate that the Bengals are where they are for a lot of different reasons, but it's taking the shine off of this game to a large degree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, if you like you mentioned not just even if you're a Lions and Bengals fan. When the schedule came out. If you're a fan of football, you're like, holy cow, I get that. Ver's that four to twenty five start? Yes, sign me up for everything. It's just it couldn't have gone worse so far for the Bengals, and here you are now. It couldn't happen at a worse time for this fireposs Like, why couldn't the Saints be on the schedule? Yeah, this week?
Speaker 8: The thing is like it could have gone worse because frankly, they should have lost the Cleveland game and they're a shaky p I call away from losing the Jacksonville game, like they're lucky to be two and two.
Speaker 3: Yep. I just I'm sewing, and I know we'll get into it as we go. I'm just so interested in the fight today, Yes, because the fight's not been there for two weeks.
Speaker 8: I'm interested. Not so much in the fight when the game starts. I'm interested in the fight when things start to go wrong.
Speaker 3: We're down ten, you're down two scores.
Speaker 8: It invariably is gonna happen at some point against an opponent of this calendar. All Right, we will get you set up for what's happening today. Counten to kickoff takes over at three o'clock. Wayne pox Miller Game today at four to twenty five, Dan Horde and Dave Lapham.
Speaker 7: Have it for you.
Speaker 8: You'll hear the game plus postgame coverage on both of these radio stations.
Speaker 7: Come on, I think it till like four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 8: Come on, I think that's that's how deep they go after Why not all the way till four am? Let's go as they break down the Bengals. And by the way, programming note, Tony and Football Show tomorrow at three o'clock on west Chester thirty. Yes, we will be at an establishment.
Speaker 3: Yes, just west Chester's.
Speaker 8: Is that the key is Westchester tomorrow. If you're in the west Chester area, come see Tony and I. It's one o'clock. Time for the news. It's the RNL Carriers pregame sports talk show presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: Is where they orange into black play live to w c game, Cincinnati News, traffic and winner. This is a game day news update.
Speaker 30: The talks have begun. This is the one o'clock report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. That's according to President Trump, Israeli and UMAs negotiation teams in talks now to finalize deals of a possible ceasefire agreement in Gaza. The world now holding its breath to see if the two sides can get it done. ABC's Ian panel is in Jerusalem with more The phase.
Speaker 11: That lays out for her mass to be demobilized to hand over its weapons is going to be the key difficult point. So everyone seems to be saying the right things. Everyone is talking in a positive manner, but we waste and see how much they're ready to compromise and how much they're ready to agree.
Speaker 30: President Trump is optimistic about these talks as he heads to a Navy celebration today in Virginia. Latest traffic and weather together as the volume picks up. It's a little slower going through the Lochland Split and approaching the Cross County Highway on southbound seventy five because of that construction squeeze. Also coming up from the northern Kentucky area. It is slow from Erlinger all the way up to the bridge.
Speaker 32: Huge the Lady spotcast big changes our hand for the weak. Weatherwise, will have beutiful blue sky today. Temperatures in the mid eighties this afternoon and the same for tomorrow, but tomorrow isolated raine chances and then higher range chances for Tuesday part of a cold front. Temperatures would drop the second half of the week into the upper sixties and low seventies. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine first one of meteorologist Kjjcobs's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: Already seventy six degrees right now. In the Tri State, a not for profit hospital in Batesville has hit its massive financial goals for a new hospital one year ahead of schedule.
Speaker 33: The Margaret Mary Health Foundation has raised ten point six million dollars for a new, state of the art replacement hospital to open this upcoming summer in southeast Indiana. It will serve as a regional hub for medical care and offer a wide range of services. CEO Liz Leasing said in a media release that milestone reflects the on wavering commitment of our community to advance healthcare in the area. Margaret Mary Health is an not for profit critical access hospital in Batesville. They serve over sixty five thousand residents in the surrounding area. I'mley Mawen News Radio seven one hundred WLW and.
Speaker 30: Now a heads up for TRI staters who work non traditional hours. A new study finds a greater health risk for developing kidney stones.
Speaker 49: That's according to new research published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Researchers say anybody working a shift outside of a nine to five job has a fifteen percent increased risk of getting kidney stones. That number jumps to twenty two percent for people working the night shift. The study involved data for more than two hundred and twenty thousand people in the UK. I'm Tammy TRIHEO.
Speaker 5: Seven one hundred WLW sports.
Speaker 50: Youah, a really good personnel. Front seven is really good. Dbs are scrappy as how I think twenty one does a really good jobs. Aggressive, he's not afraid to come up and press anybody in the NFL. It doesn't care. And I think the safety's do a really good job being Ballhawks.
Speaker 30: As Begels quarterback Jake Browning looking at the Lion and seeing their strengths at every level of their defense, He'll have his hands full today four to twenty five at pay Course Stadium. Bengals game day forecast is built by American Hometech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof Americanhometech dot com. We've got all the action right here with a kickoff at four twenty five on the home of the best Bengals coverage. Next updated one thirty. I'm Sandy Collins News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 42: For ten years, families have trusted Kelsey Chevrolet. Now we're driving forward with a new look, the same promise, and more ways to deliver peace of mind. Visit us today and experience the difference from our family to yours.
Speaker 13: Kelseyshev dot com.
Speaker 9: Penn Station is turning up the heat the Ghost pepperg State, Premium State Probalone and Thiray Ghost Peppergeese only here through November. Can get it before it vanishes. Visit penn Station or order on our website or app. Penn Station love your sub You craving, but I'm craving.
Speaker 16: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 15: iHeart what You're tailgating. Watch from home. We're cheering at the stadium. Let's get the energy high in every game day. Clean and Cream.
Speaker 51: Remember to recycle with Rumpkey, the recycling leader and an official transh removal and recycling partner to the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 15: Learn more at Rumky dot com.
Speaker 52: Looking for IT solutions that deliver results on Core Technologies has you covered? We specialize in secure data management, cloud services, and innovative IT strategies tailored to your business needs. Our team of experts works tirelessly to ensure your technology infrastructure is robust and reliable. Visit OnCore dot tech to learn more about our comprehensive IT services on Core Technologies. Driving your business forward with cutting edge solutions, let's sit it out of the park together.
Speaker 53: Now is the time to convert to geothermal heating and cooling and earn a thirty percent tax credit before it expires. A Climate Master geothermal heat pump system uses the constant temperature of the Earth to produce year round comfort, slashing your energy bills by as much as sixty percent. But hurry, they're eighty percent tax credit expires at the end of twenty twenty five. Call the geothermal experts at Gearing Heating and Electric at eight one two nine three four six zero eight eight. That's Gering at eight one two nine three four six zero eight eight and get digging.
Speaker 6: This is R and L Carriers Pregame Sports Talk live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Pregame sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chilly feeling Good. It's Skyline Time Adorned Window company. They sell the best at service the rest Encore Technologies. Visit OnCore dot Tech. Postman Law Injured call eight four to four. Postman others promise. Postman delivers your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com and by R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L oh Kerry yours your global transportation provider and now pregames sports Talk.
Speaker 8: We are broadcasting from the Holy Grail, downtown Cincinnati, just down the street from the venue originally known as Paul Brown Stadium. Bengals and Lions coming up at four twenty five today Moegger and Tony Pike with the RNL Carriers pregame sports Talk show. We are presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. We are here until three o'clock. Yes, Sween Box Miller takes over from the broadcast booth. Countdown to kickoff. Dan Horde and Dave Lapham have the game live both on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred WLW. The one o'clock games are underway, six of them. We will keep you up today. If you are headed downtown asking yourself self, where do we go? Where do we post up? The answer is obvious, the Holy Grail. If you're looking for a place to watch the game today, it's going to be a great atmosphere. Yes, we have a lot of our friends from Detroit here, but we're having fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it seemed nice so far.
Speaker 8: Bengals and Lions, I think there's a kinship there, Like we're kind of both tortured fan bases, both teams are cats, we're both in the Midwestern part of the country. Sure, you know, up until a couple of years ago, the Lions hadn't won a playoff game since like nineteen ninety one. The Bengals hadn't won a playoff game since nineteen ninety So I think there's some commonality there.
Speaker 7: Yes, and we'll see.
Speaker 3: Things just seem to be going a little bit better for their fans right now.
Speaker 7: Than ours at the moment. Yes, yeah, at the moment yet, but it's.
Speaker 3: A long year. We got thirteen weeks left. We have thirteen weeks left, thirteen games. Is that good or bad? I asked me tomorrow.
Speaker 8: But I think that's the thing about what happened against Denver is a lot of us walked away from that game, not so much thinking about two and two or the loss, but how bad might this get because of who they play in the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: Well, the Denver game you looked at and you said, okay, five turnovers, game got out of hand at Minnesota, right, Jake Browning's trying to get his footing. All right, wait and see what happens at Denver because they've not been dominant, right, They've not been over the top great. So the demoralizing part about Denver they didn't turn the ball over, they didn't kill themselves and penalties, and it didn't feel like Denver was dominant. Like, if you walk out of that game, you're like, man, Denver might be a contender. I didn't. That's the most demoralizing. You and I talk going into the game, Denver kind of feels like the swing game. Find a way to win start talking yourself into something going on this season, lose and now you're kind of trying to get your footing back. It feels like they can't find their footing right now, which is dangerous.
Speaker 8: So Zach Taylor took and I think deserved a lot of criticism for how his team played on Monday Night. I think the thing though, that stood out to me was watching that game, and obviously to a large degree, the Minnesota game, our fears about the roster have come true. Like the Bengals did a lot less in this offseason than we thought they would coming in. Like you and I do a show every Monday during the football season. Our last show was the day after the Bengals season ended, when the Broncos beat the Chiefs to take that playoff spot, and we talked about how the offseason should unfold, and we discussed a lot of position groups, but frankly, they did not address And so, all right, Zach gets heat.
Speaker 7: For his roster not being prepared, and that's fine.
Speaker 8: I'm looking at Duke Tobin's job performance going you put this together, you put this team together, You let that secondary go completely unaddressed. And yet there's Cam Taylor, Britt getting benched again. There's Geno Stone playing poorly again. You looked at that defensive line and it's not that you didn't make some changes.
Speaker 7: You brought in TJ.
Speaker 8: Slayton. But you look at the defensive line getting pushed around. You see the lack of pass rush which continues. Shamar Stewart not being healthy doesn't help.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 7: Look at the offensive line.
Speaker 8: They've tried Lucas Patrick, huh huh, Dalton Reisner uh uh. Now it's Jalen Rivers turn. He's the starting guard. You didn't make sufficient improvements to the offensive line. Your quarterback has hurt again, and I guess the thing for me, Tony, when I look at the roster. You can beat up on the Bengals for keeping Jamar Chase and T Higgins. I'm not sure who else on this team. Yeah, you look at it and go, we got a stash money away to pay that guy Mo.
Speaker 3: If the season was over today and you're looking at next year, how many core pieces would you want back that you couldn't live without. I couldn't get to eight this week. I could.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure I can get to five.
Speaker 3: Because you start like Joe Jamar t Okay who won the defense? Would you say, flat out right now, we can't live without none? Maybe Schamar, but I've seen him once. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I have no clue.
Speaker 3: Rico McPherson, like, I don't even know what that looks like going forward. Now, that's how depleted this roster is. I thought it was interesting. Zach talked this week about, you know, Duke's done a good job of presenting us with options at quarterback. If we were to go that route, then why yeah, none of the options were good or you can't do like I want to know more about that. If options were given, why didn't like whose decision is it to say no or yes? We want that? Because that that to me what it goes down to. You want to talk about a miss Watch the guy up front today for Detroit, guy that you and I talked about a lot. Take rattles. Uh huh. We talked a ton leading up to the draft. They got him in the second round.
Speaker 7: He looks like a five year pro.
Speaker 3: He looks like a maller uh huh, like a guy who's gonna buy at your ankles. He looks like what Dan Campbell coaches. Uh huh. And you and I sat on this stage at the draft and talked about in the second round, you gotta go get him out of Georgia. Yeah, you gotta go get him. They passed. I don't really know about Fairchild yet, but I know watching him and watching this Lion's offense, watch him today, watch how good in dominant he is.
Speaker 7: And that game last week.
Speaker 8: And I hate to sound like I'm picking on the two, but like Cam Taylor, Britt got benched again, not the first time, not the second time, got benched again. Yeah, Gino Stone last week, I watched him take more to.
Speaker 3: Take a pay cut. Hey, we want money back, but you're gonna be a starter.
Speaker 8: So if I owned the team, Duke Tobin would have been in my office on Tuesday morning answering the question, why did we decide not only to keep those guys, but not have anybody in our back pocket to replace him? Like last year's secondary was atrocious, but they literally did not add a corner or a safety in either free agency or the draft.
Speaker 3: How But your answer, if you're the organization to everything, has always been, as long as we have Joe, we're okay. Right, as long as we have Joe, we can overcome a porous defense because now we got out golden. But the fact is they didn't address the offensive line to protect Joe. Right, So, if you're gonna go into an offseason and say, look, we can't put a ton of the defense when we got al Golden, who's gonna help us. We got a new O line coach that's gonna help us, we got a new D line coach. Then at the very minimum, at the bare minimum, make sure your guy's protected.
Speaker 8: But then, like, all right, Duke Tobin, why can't you get the offensive line right? Yeah, you know it was in vogue two weeks ago when Joe got hurt to kind of blame Joe, And you know, I just thought that was ridiculous because I'm going, wait a minute. Even if you want to say Joe should dial back the hero ball, the reality is the Bengals have had a below average offensive line for a decade. Now, that conversation doesn't change just because you know, maybe you think Joe should adjust how he plays or what the offense is. I mean that there is the number one question, Duke, for a decade. Now, you have used draft choices, yeah, you have spent money in free agency, and yet we can't get this right on the offensive line, and it's not been because of lack of effort. They've tried, they haven't done it.
Speaker 3: And it's bizarre because he just doesn't speak ever. Right.
Speaker 7: He talks twice a year.
Speaker 3: Talks twice a year. So you get no answer, you get no path forward, you get no vision. It's hard. Zach Taylor gets the criticism that I think he deserves at times, but at the same time he takes a lot of the criticism that should be having to be answered from Duke Tobin. Right, but you don't hear. He just doesn't talk. He's gonna speak twice a year. That's what it is. But to your point, they've used and given him draft capital, they've given him money and free agency. They've still not got it right. They've given now three offensive line coaches. Uh huh, not got it right. Everyone last year piled onto lu Ana Rumo right, doing pretty well in indies so far with that defense.
Speaker 8: So I've been thinking about this a lot because the red season has come to an end and they've got a lot of work to do. Because you look at the team and go, Okay, who are the guys? Who are they now? There might be some guys here you go, these are it, but they didn't have great years last year. Or there's some players you want to bring back but maybe in lesser roles.
Speaker 7: Who are the guys I asked.
Speaker 8: The exact same thing about the Bengals. I know what Jamar Chase is, I know what T Higgins is, I know what Joe Burrow is. Who are the guys? Who are the guys that I have to have on the team next year? Tony, I cannot name for you two more?
Speaker 3: Is there a guy right now on the old line you want to you wanna be discouraged. Go look at the early grading for Mamrius Mems this year. I think past blocking. Last week he got an eighteen that was supposed to be the cornerstone. Uh huh, Orlando Brown, Junior, Dylan Fairchild, Jerry still out? Yeah, Harris So I'm talking? Uh yeah, Ted Carris, Ted Carris, right, Like, are we really at the point where this team just misses Lucas Patrick?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: But then again, defensively they didn't. They were atrocious defensively last year. Their additions included t. J.
Speaker 3: Slayton.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oron Burt's who I don't think ever plays and that's it. Run back with Joseph O'SAI draft some guys, and I think Demetrius Knight has a lot of upside. I'm still willing to entertain the idea that Jamar Stewart's going to be pretty good. I mean, like I I I make a rookie class exempt from this conversation. But players who have been there, two, three, four Again, the poster child for this is Cam Taylor Britt. And then you look at the last three draft classes. You look at the last four draft classes now and you see the number of just flat out whiffs or the number of players you look at and go moving forward, I don't want the guy here anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and lay right.
Speaker 8: Jeraine Burton's gonna be an active today in all likelihood third round pick, right.
Speaker 3: Like Cam.
Speaker 8: I hate, I hate to pick on Cam Taylor Britt. But the reality is the last two years they have thought like that's that's one of our best defensive players CD one in many respects. Dude's been benched three times in less than a year. Yep, seventeen minutes half to one o'clock. One o'clock games are underway. We've got action in Baltimore where the Houston Texans on a Xavier Hutchinson touchdown reception, have a seven to nothing lead over the Baltimore Ravens midway through the first quarter.
Speaker 7: In there, Baltimore is the home team. Jets and home.
Speaker 8: Up three nothing on the Cowboys midway through the first Dolphins on the road, up three nothing on the Panthers midway through the first quarter. Kickoff from down the street. Three hours and seven minutes away. Bengals hosting the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 7: You are listening. You can feeling you can.
Speaker 8: You are listening to the RNL Carriers pregame sports talk presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 1: It's football season and Little Miami Brewing and Old Milford is the place to be. Catch every play on big screens, crush some craft brews, and dive into Kilder pieces and sandwiches. Game days starts here.
Speaker 15: It's more than a home.
Speaker 51: It's where the counch becomes the fifty yard line and game day snack shine. As the official homebuilder of the Cincinnati Bengals, Homes builds award winning spaces with hometown pride. Start building at Fisherhomes.
Speaker 54: Dot com build Cunningham Air for Trystek Gastro in Northern Kentucky. Calling cancer is preventable. The doctors and staff at tryste Gastro makes screenings easy and comfortable. Being an independent practice, they can possibly save you thousands of dollars and your life. Visit tri Stekgastro dot net and scoutsule your visit today rout here.
Speaker 55: It's all or nothing and Toyota has more all wheel drive choices than anyone else. Like the best selling Toyota Camry now through November three.
Speaker 15: Get four point seventy five APR.
Speaker 55: Financing on remaining new twenty five Camrays or Lisa new twenty six Camri l for two seventy nine a month for thirty six months with thirty six ninety nine Do it signing with a proof credit for TFS, tax, Title and license extra Call one eight eight eight thirty six Toyota Fruit Details or.
Speaker 15: Go to Toyota dot com Toyota Let's Go Places.
Speaker 56: Transform your kitchen like Kelly and I did, make a statement with your countertops. Stone Statements transforms your kitchen with studdy courts granted or court site offering skilled craftsmanship, state of the art technology and exceptional customer service. We love the results. Learn more at Stone Statements dot com.
Speaker 38: Visit Roberts Truck Sales dot com to view our inventory of single and tandem daycabs, sleeper Boxanyard trucks, as well as forklefts. All units are pre owned, fleet maintained vehicles featuring some of the most reliable industry brands and models. At Roberts Truck Sales, we are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and unbeatable value. Check out Roberts Truck Sales dot com and use the map feature to find a location near you that's Roberts Truck Sales dot com.
Speaker 15: To learn more, get Chris here.
Speaker 57: My favorite spot is Twin Peaks. What better time to get to the lodge than right now? September means Baseball's bush to the playoffs at the start of the football season, and Twin Peaks has all the action on their gigantic big screens. It's also rare bourbon money and if you're a bourbon connoisseur, Twin Peaks is the place where you spice up your game day with a shot of your favorite cinnamon whiskey. During Twitbeaks Football and Fireball Mont. Twitpeaks Kitchen is always open with the excellent scratch menu. Twitpeaks Florence and Westchester. Twin Peaks Eats, drinks, scenic views. Got an unused car, don't let it set. Donate it to dav Disabled American veterans. You'll support free services that empower over one million veterans every year. It's quick, free and impactful. Go to dav dot org, forest slash cars and support those who serve Darnasia.
Speaker 16: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 8: Ihearten the Arnel Carriers, free game courts, talks ented by you to Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Toyota Dealer's Mowager Tony Pike. We are broadcasting from the Holy Grail Downtown, getting set for four to twenty five kickoff Bengals and the Detroit Lions. Theo Johnson a one yard touchdown pass from Jackson Dart. I don't know if it was a shovel pass, but New York has a seven to nothing lead over the Saints in New Orleans five and a half minutes into the first quarter.
Speaker 3: There By the way, if you were wondering, we'll.
Speaker 8: Yesterday's UC whim propelled the Bearcats into the top twenty five. The AP Top twenty five pole I believe comes out tomorrow. It's not out yet. But in the coaches poll the Bearcats twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: We're getting there, climbing, We're getting there.
Speaker 7: They got no votes last week.
Speaker 3: Are they ahead of Penn State? Or is Penn State still getting votes after that atrocious loss yesterday?
Speaker 8: Penn State is ranked twenty second, fell sixteen spots. How do you rank them?
Speaker 3: That is the worst loss easily this year, without question? James Franklin, Man, is.
Speaker 8: There anybody that college football fans are more united around than not liking?
Speaker 3: James Franklin, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 8: I mean that includes Davos Twiney, It includes Brian Kelly, includes Tean Sanders, whose team is now oh and three in the Big twelve. Agree Bill Pelichak, whose team stinks? Tony it's time, well, no, it's not. It's time to shine the spotlight on a player. It's brought to you by furniture Fair. Get the guaranteed low price or it's free at furniture Fair.
Speaker 7: Who do you want to shine the spotlight on?
Speaker 3: Uh? Let's go with Marius Mems today.
Speaker 7: Oh we have the same guy?
Speaker 3: Really, Yes, Well, it's everything I just I've mentioned before as great. Last week was awful.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: He's trending way in the wrong direction right now. And if you don't at least you start to look, Okay, what am I looking at going forward? If you don't see the improvement there, do we have to have the conversation again next year of you gotta get tackles, Mike, you gotta get another tackle, Mike gotta address center, gotta address guard like that was supposed to be the check mark man. We don't have to worry about right tackle now. If it doesn't get better, do you then have to worry about that again?
Speaker 8: Well, and you didn't mention the guy he's going to be trying to block today.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 7: Aiden Hutchinson, who.
Speaker 8: Leads the NFL in pressures, has four sacks and four games. Marius Mems gave up two last week. I was told by some of the tape bros. Tape wasn't that bad, dude, I trust my eyes. Mario's im stunk last week and look might have been a bad game, but like we do it differently with rookies, than we did twenty years ago. Right now here or two, especially for a first rounder, I gotta start to see it. He can't be a project. Marius Mimms did some really nice things his rookie season. By the end of this year, he's gonna be a building block. I don't think he's played like one yet.
Speaker 3: He's got to play himself into the If we have these conversations going forward, like, yeah, you can't go forward without Mems Right right now, I'm like, uh, I'll see. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think it's gonna be devastating to this franchise if he ends up not being very good.
Speaker 7: He might not.
Speaker 8: He doesn't have to play to the level of a first rounder to be very good. I don't think JOHNA. Williams ever played like a first rounder. But you were fine with him at whatever position he was at. But if you knew what you have, if you're ever gonna have any elite offensive line, an elite offensive line, the only way that happens is if you mainly build it through the draft.
Speaker 7: If you look at their last elite.
Speaker 8: Offensive line, it was twenty fifteen, and it was a bunch of guys they drafted.
Speaker 3: Yep, it was the way you build it.
Speaker 8: It was Andrew Whitworth, it was Andre Smith, it was Clint Bowling, it was Kevin Zeitler.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 7: But you drafted. That's the only way it happens.
Speaker 3: But it was so much more than just drafted. It was developing those guys after you draft them. Sure, we can't say how great a Marius Mims looked last year and now wonder how is he not developed more this year? You just fired another offensive line coach. You got a new one in strike technique, glass eater, strike technique, bad matchups. All these words is just what I continue to hear over and over and over again, and nothing changes strike technique.
Speaker 8: It's because they don't have an organizational identity, correct. So like, I'll bring it back to the Detroit Lions. I thought the brain drain was going to be real, losing two coordinators. I've seen how hard that is, you know. I think Marvin Lewis's best coaching job in twenty fourteen, where he won ten games and tied one and made the postseason a year after he lost both Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden. Like it's hard, yes, to lose both, but there's an organizational identity there and good roster building, neither of which I think are the case here right now.
Speaker 3: We've asked, now for over a year, does the identity in the scheme match the personnel?
Speaker 8: So let's talk about that, because you've brought this up a bunch. The best illustration is the usage of two tight ends when you have T Higgins on.
Speaker 3: The team, which I assumed twelve personnel, one running back, two tight ends, two wide receivers, Jamar and T. Right when Zach was asked about it, his answer was, well, we'll find ways to get at the tea. But we've been running so much twelve personnel. Okay, he's still on the field. We watched training camp. T was into the boundary, he was in the field, he was in the slot, he was going in motion. Huh you seeing any of that. He talked about wanting to do that. He talked about wanting to move, He talked about wanting to be more than just someone that lines up and goes. You can have two good wide receivers and two tight ends on the field and everyone still gets theirs. So but the thing goes back to me, you paid T. Higgins, but you also say you want to be a twelve personnel team, and you can't do both. According to Zach Taylor, I don't understand that. I don't understand it. But when we talk more in depth about does the personnel match the scheme, well, it felt like early in the season they wanted to be a run team. None of their offensive linemen are plus run blockers. They're all negative run blockers. They were in college and they were in the NFL. So you want to run the ball, but you got no one up front that is a dominant run player and you don't have the ability to scheme away around it. The personnel is so backwards and on the team you played today, it couldn't be more different. Everything about Detroit's person and l matches everything over the top threat, dynamic running game, good old line, tight end a'm and Ross Brown to do it all, aggressive defense. But you also know their identity is going to be tough. Their roster matches their scheme perfectly, so it doesn't here.
Speaker 8: When I think of identity, I think of you're not taking this away. You might get annoyed with me. Folks listening might get annoyed with me. I bring it back to the first game Jamar Chase and t Higgins in that game combined for five catches for fifty nine yards against the Browns. Do you know any catches Justin Jefferson had today?
Speaker 3: I know he had over one hundred yards.
Speaker 8: Seven catches for one hundred and twenty three yards, including a couple on that last drive with the backup quarterback. Carson wentz. So to me, your identity is, you're not taking this away. The Cincinnati Bengals in that first game said, go watch it, because I think they completed one pass outside the numbers. I texted you about it. They said, Okay, you got good corners.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: And again that's with Joe Burrow playing quarterback. You know, Okay, I guess we'll have to figure out another way. The Minnesota Vikings, with a backup quarterback and all sorts of flaws on offense, said, hey man, you guys got a good defense. Yeah, you're not taking number eighteen away. Our guys getting the ball. They didn't have eighteen catches, but our guys getting the ball.
Speaker 7: You're not taking him away.
Speaker 8: To me, the Bengals, the identity is all right, Well, decide how you want to play us, and then and then we'll figure screw that man, we're we're in his heyday.
Speaker 7: Not so much now.
Speaker 8: You and I used to talk about Travis Kelson where the Kansas City Chiefs would have plays where everybody in the stadium knew where it was going everybody and it didn't matter, you know, when they had Tyreek Hill or who were their.
Speaker 7: Other wide receivers were.
Speaker 8: You could watch a Chiefs game and say, all right, third and five, he's throwing it to eighty seven.
Speaker 7: You know it, we know it.
Speaker 8: Everybody were thrown to eighty seven, and they figured out away they would get him open. He's a Hall of Fame player, but still they would figure out a way to keep you from taking away what we do best. The Bengals what they do best. In a game this year said to the Cleveland Browns, oh, you.
Speaker 3: Took it away. That's cool, yeah, and then had no.
Speaker 7: Answer because they stunk running the ball.
Speaker 3: That that's the thing, Like, you can't take something away and then not have an answer to it. We talked for how many weeks a couple of years ago about Tampa two. M Oh, well they running at Tampa too, and you would have thought it was the newest defense in the NFL.
Speaker 7: They'd running thirteen guys on the field.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, Tampa two. Tampa two can't operate around the Tampa too. It's exhausting that it's always about what the other team does.
Speaker 8: Now, I'm worked up, Madison. It's time for a beer. Madison's are servers time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I get mad smart. Time for a cold one. It's time for the news. RNL carriers pregame sports Talk was ented by You're Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: News, Traffic and Women. This is a game day news updates.
Speaker 30: A hellish scene on I seventy in a fatal wrong way crash. This is the one thirty report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. It happened overnight on I seventy through Huber Heights. They're police getting multiple calls of a wrong way driver going west in the eastbound I seventy lanes near Brandt Pike about one this morning. The car crashed into several cars, two of them bursting into flames, one into the median, and a fourth found about a mile away. Three people are dead in this crash. First responders were able to get one of the drivers to Miami Valley hospital. We have no word yet on that person's condition. The interstate was closed for hours while police gathered at evidence and the scene. Again, no names have been released yet in this fatal wrong way crash just north of Dayton on I seventy overnight. Let's get the latest traffic and weather together. Now you're in seven hundred welw. We just have the normal slow down through the Lachland Split end down through the Cross County Highway area where all that construction's happening, but it is moving. We got a heads up for drivers in Campbell County tonight they're gonna have to close the on ramp to eastbound two seventy five from Licking Pike starting at eight o'clock tonight. That'll be all night until five in the morning, and they'll do that for the next few nights doing some drainage work there.
Speaker 32: Huge the labs wourcast big changes are head for the week. Weatherwise, We'll have beautiful blue sky today, temperatures in the mid eighties this afternoon, and the same for tomorrow. But tomorrow isolated rain chances and then higher range chances for Tuesday part of a cold front. Temperatures would drop the second half of the week into the upper six season low seventies from your severe legistation, I'm nine first one of meteorologist kJ Jacobs's radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: Or Now it's seventy nine degrees here in the Tri State game temperature is going to be about eighty five this afternoon. The Bengals game be forecast built by American home Tech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof American hoometech dot com. President Trump is appealing a judge's order that blocked his deployment of troops to Oregon. A federal judge yesterday granted a temporary restraining order against the Trump administration that would stop the National Guard troops from being deployed outside of a Portland ice facility. Late yesterday, the Trump administration appealed to the Ninth Circuit. A Cincinnati man who suffered a head injury during a fight on West eighth Street has died. Police say it was fifty four year old Spencer Morris, involved in a physical altercation Thursday was taken to University Hospital, where he died on Friday. Cincinnati, please say nothing about a suspect or if they're looking for anyone, right now we now know the name of the man's shot and killed in Roselawn yesterday. Thirty five year old Kenny Townsend died on Summit Road, just west of Reading Road and an apartment building that neighbors say is a hotspot for drug crimes. Amazon Prime is having their October two day Big Deal Days sale that's Tuesday and Wednesday, with big savings online and artwork. Cincinnati is set to unveil a new mural honoring the tenth anniversary of the decision to legalize same sex marriages that was based out of Cincinnati. Major League Baseball winners and losers this weekend the LA Dodgers over the Phillies and the Brewers beat the Cubbies. The Detroit Tigers took extra innings to get rid of the Mariners, and the Blue Jays blasted the Yankees. Both of those matchups will play again today this afternoon and tonight. Bengals kick off at four twenty five right here on the Home of the best Bengals coverage. Our coverage continues next update at two News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's Motlager football seasons here, and you know there's no better place to catch every game than Long Next Sports Grill with Waterwall TV's ice cold drinks and mouthwatering wings. Long Next is your home turf for every touchdown, tackle and tailgate. So bring your crew to Long Next, grab a seat, and enjoy all the action with great food, great vibes, and unbeatable specials all season. Long Nex Sports Grill, where fans gather and game days come Alive. Visit any of their three locations Hebrin, Richwood and Wilder Long Next Sports Grill, Stay Long, Come Often.
Speaker 58: Anthony Munhals here your number one player cheering on my number one automotive teammate Rose Automotive. Roses number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find your way to Hamilton and Rose Automotive. Anthony munhal Share your number one player cheering on my number one Chevy GMC teammate, Larkin Cobb. Larkin Cobb is number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find new ros of Eton and Larkin Cobb.
Speaker 59: History lives at Cincinnati Museum Center. We discover the city of beer bearings and red legs, where pigs fly and we take giant leaps for Mankok, where steamboats whistle and Dinosaur's War Step back in time at Sincey Museum dot org.
Speaker 10: Looking for a fun night out, The Lawrenceburg Event Center has it all. Laugh with Jeff Foxworthy, Spin the fun at Wheel of Fortune Live sing along with Dylan Scott and Moore. Details at Lawrenceburg Eventcenter dot com.
Speaker 3: Mt'st be twenty one.
Speaker 10: Dealing problem in Indiana Call one eight hundred with or text higamp to five three three four two.
Speaker 40: Fall memes, football and at Postman Law, we know winning matters. Our attorneys have won more than three billion dollars for our clients, delivering the results they need when life gets tough. Car crash, workplace injury, serious accident. We know the insurance company's playbook and we are here to help rewrite it for you with speed, ease and results. Call eight four to four Postman or visit Postman Law dot com. Others promise Postman delivers. This is Attorney advertising. Cooler weather is coming. Pell has energy efficient windows help keep warm air in and drafts out. With passion and attention to detail, every window is crafted to last. Upgrade now with Pella now pay later. Visit Pellow Window, Cincinnati, dot Com and make life brighter.
Speaker 13: Nicks back to throw, He's gonna fire.
Speaker 60: Into the end zone and it is hot for a touchdown eight seconds left in the half, and a disastrous second quarter gets worse for Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: That bone Nicks end of the half touchdown toss to courtin Sutton pull. Last week's delivery of the game brought to you by RNL Carriers. Go to RLC dot com and make rn L Carriers your global transportation provider.
Speaker 3: You know, when that drive happened, I'm like, card, let's get to half. And then as it started to unfold, I'm like, all right, they're gonna they're gonna have to They're gonna do a long field goal attempt. And then they scored a touchdown.
Speaker 7: So I most probably don't need a refresher.
Speaker 8: But the end of the first half last week, the Broncos are driving, Demetrius Night makes a really nice play in the end zone, and if it's incomplete, the Bengals get the ball back at like the two, but instead it comes back out to the twenty minute forty five to go. I think two timeouts, Yes, minute forty five to go, two timeouts. You're down by eleven and I'm thinking get three here, let's go regroup.
Speaker 3: Down eight. Fine, best case, get a touchdown.
Speaker 7: You've played poorly, but you're in it. Down four.
Speaker 8: And the first thing that Zach Taylor does is he has his team run the ball in the first two plays.
Speaker 3: Because I've been dominant, not just the first down, but the first and second down. Run was the softest, softest thing I can remember, soft and stupid. Yes, go for it. What do you have to lose?
Speaker 7: Two minute offense? Run the ball twice.
Speaker 3: Normally in those situations, defense stays back a little bit. Yeah, doesn't want to give up the big play. Maybe you can find some easy completions for Jake Browning. Nah, we'll go run, run, I mean it is Sean Bayton had to be thinking, like what.
Speaker 8: Barring like a turnover in your own end. To go from fourteen three to twenty one to three is really mathematically hard to do. And the Bengals offensively and defensively figured out a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It made at the end of the half, no other way around it.
Speaker 8: So you and I were the pregame show on Monday night and I was talking to you about how when you do a deep dive into Denver one of their deficiencies is if you throw the ball to your running back, they give up a lot of yards the most amount of explosive plays allowed to opposing running backs when they catch a pass. At the end of the third quarter, Chase Brown had one reception that didn't make any sense. So, but I think back to Jake Browning in twenty twenty three. They took it away. They used took it away, good game. The Bengals used a screen game. We talked about it. Then the Bengal's going to screen pass their way to the postseason, right, Joe Mixon, Chase Brown, where's the screen game been? And then the other thing they did well is run the football. Now, they haven't run the football well in years. So let me start there. That screen game that they used two years ago with Jake Browning has totally evaporated.
Speaker 3: No idea. Why why no idea? Now? The lack of big playability in the past game hurts. The inability of them to run the ball hurts because teams just don't respect it as much. You know, deep pass game. You want to get to the quarterback run game. You're respecting that they don't have play action. All of that goes into it. But oftentimes when teams can't run the ball, they use screen game to be an extension of running game. Doesn't have to be fifty yards? Can it get you six? To get you the second four? Like those things this team just doesn't do. Maybe because they're so analytically driven. They saw those numbers and they thought Denver would really focus on that, so they didn't want to put it out there. It's just that's just a chess match between Zach Taylor and Sean Payton. Take it away, don't. I don't have an answer to it, Especially like you and I talked about t Higgins slot boundary field motion, they don't do it. We also watched every day Chase Brown go out with the receivers and catch passes. Uh huh, talk about all in the offseason. All he did right was make sure he could be a three down back and be used in the passing game run routes. I haven't seen that either. Nothing every story we talked about at camp has disappeared. Usage for tea Chase Brown in the passing game, moving Jamar Chase all the way around the field gone.
Speaker 8: But one thing has remained, and it's the other part of what I want to know about this offense. Two years ago, Jake Browning, they ran the ball pretty effectively. They put Jake under center, they did some schematic things, they ran it more effectively. Yeah, this team is atrocious at running the football right now. The one thing we discussed during training camp was this offensive line. They're gonna add Lucas Patrick and then Elton Riisener. Well, they're good pass protectors, not great run blockers. Yeah, so we watch the Bengals. No, not great, atrocious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like we.
Speaker 8: Watch the Bengals now and go. They have to run the ball more effectively. Is there a scheme that anybody has ever invented that allows you to run the ball more effectively when your offensive linemen are bad run blockers.
Speaker 3: Not ideally, but you have to find ways to extend your running game. That would be screens, that would be jet motions, that would be misdirections, fake one way toss the like Detroit. At least five times this year I've seen them fake movement left. Running back takes a step left and then they pitch it back to the right outflank the defense. Just anything and everything to give a defense a little bit more of a look or add a little bit more flair onto the running game they for whatever reason, do not do.
Speaker 7: So I don't know how that changes. Yeah, I don't know how. Like you can, you can can?
Speaker 3: You're not just gonna decide like, oh, I'm gonna schematically dominate. Now.
Speaker 8: You can convince me Jake Browning is gonna play better than he has. Fine, you can convince me that eventually he's gonna find connections to Chase and Higgins that help this offense.
Speaker 3: Fine.
Speaker 8: What you can convince me of is understanding they have to run the ball more effectively with this quarterback, that suddenly they'll be able to yep, when they haven't been able to do so far this season and consistently at least haven't been able to in a while.
Speaker 3: But that, to me is the demoralizing part when you talk about thirteen more games, Yeah, how does it get better? That's that's to me is why at the start of the show today we had the conversation of I can't find the path that they win because I've not seen the ability of Zach Taylor, especially without Joe Burrow, to outscheme or out coach somebody. They don't have the better roster. They don't have the better players now, don't have the better quarterback, don't have a better quarterback. The only way you win by out scheming that guy on the other sideline. It's what Shanahan did to McVeigh on Thursday night. Mm hm, Like that's what it is. What Kevin O'Connell does to any quarterback he brings in starter or backup. I've not seen that from Zach, which then makes me cautious to say, oh, yeah, let's find an avenue for them to win, because we've not seen it.
Speaker 8: I mean, the way they win today is for the Lions to do what the Bengals did to the Vikings two weeks ago. And that's yeah, that's hand them short fields, hand them scores, hand them the football. Like is there a way, Sure, but you can't. You can't scheme for those things, right right. You can hope they happen to you it defensively, yeah, I mean you could. You can figure out ways to force quarterbacks into making mistakes and punch the ball out and stuff like that. But the plan, like in a game like this where there is a disparity between the rosters, you either need your quarterback to play out of his mind good or coaching or or supreme coaching. And I just I don't believe that with this roster, this coaching staff can do that great.
Speaker 7: And I hate saying that in October. That is because we're gonna say the same thing next week.
Speaker 3: Yep, and the week after against Pittsburgh. Yeah. Short week.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, short week, short week, it's hard, good defense. Well they use this week's a short week too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They run the road.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I got that called middle of the night. It's hard four twenty Yeah, oh yeah, it's not normal on a normal routine. They've had the schedules thrown a lot of making the play games on the road and it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but all those things are why I am most worried about how the team reacts if things go poorly today, right, because those players probably realize too, we're not we're not out scheming anybody.
Speaker 8: Well, that's like you're talking about, like the confidence level the players having, Jake brown yeat, what confidence level do you have in the coaching staff putting you in the right position to succeed individually and.
Speaker 7: As a team?
Speaker 3: Correct, just go be great.
Speaker 7: The foundation of.
Speaker 8: The entire franchisees have Joe Burrow carry it, and now he's not here, and it crumbles, and it's crumbled the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 8: Quarter to two, we are broadcasting from the Holy Grail downtown Cincinnati. One o'clock games happening right now. Indianapolis has a seven to nothing lead over the Raiders and they have the football inside the Vegas five yard line eight and a half to go in the first half. They're Giants up fourteen to three on the Saints in New Orleans, early second quarter. The Cowboys have a nine to three lead over the New York Jets. That game is in New Jersey and Dallas is driving right now, up nine to three, eleven forty to go in the first half. Broncos and Eagles tied to three early second quarter. Dolphins a ten to nothing lead over the Panthers in Charlotte. That game also early second quarter, and Houston up ten to three on the Baltimore Ravens nine to twenty two to go before halftime. There the Cowboys with their this is the pat, gotcha all right? This is the pat from Brandon Aubrey that will make it at ten to three. That is a that's a dude that's going to make a seventy five yard field goal. Brandon Aubrey ten to three. Dallas leads the New York Jets fourteen away. From two o'clock. We are closing in on countdown to kick off at three and the game itself coming up at four twenty five Bengals at Detroit Lions. It's the RNL Carriers pregame Sports Talk. We are presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers.
Speaker 61: Make it more at Thomas Moore University. Our Saints Essential Program is designed with you in mind. Enjoy all access, dining plans, easy parking and more included with your tuition. Visit campus and schedule now at Thomas Moore dot edu.
Speaker 56: Lance Pacallister here Hot in one room, cold on the next. No duckwork, no problem. Carrier Duclos Systems will bring enhanced heating and cooling to your home. Go to Carrier dot com. Find a carrier dealer that can recommend the right ducklo solution for you.
Speaker 3: Carrier. Turn to the experts.
Speaker 15: At Wings and Rings. We know that value is everything.
Speaker 62: That's why your favorite Cincinnati wing destination offers daily savings Monday, Kids Eat Free Tuesdays enjoy forty percent off boneless entrydditional wings all day long, and happy Hour specials from three pm to six pm every weekday at Wings and Rings.
Speaker 24: Rocky year for Butterbert Motors, Cincinnati's premier ex markmower dealer. Ex markmowers are known for their dependability and signature cut quality that's so good your neighbors will be jealous. See the new ex marktowers and check out the best deals of the year at but Herbert's inventory reduction sale now to October thirty first save thousands.
Speaker 13: See dealer for details.
Speaker 24: Butterbromotors Cincinnati Inherzon or butter Remoters dot com.
Speaker 3: On the field, it's points off the field, its purpose for every Cincinnati touchdown. This month, MNP Logistics is donating five hundred dollars to Master Provisions in Florence, who's bridging the gap between abundance and need to supply meals to local families in need. Learn more at Master Provisions dot org. MNP Logistics driving purpose with every.
Speaker 63: Mile for answers you can trust, rest assured. Western and Southern's family of companies is always here. Visit Westernsouthern dot com slash rest Assured to get started today.
Speaker 15: File Liver of Love.
Speaker 24: Looking for windows at last a lifetime. Guilty's custom fiberglass windows are stronger, more durable, and more energy efficient than any materials on the market, and this fall save twenty five percent on fiberglass windows plus twenty four months no interest financing. Stop in our factory showroom in Sharonville to see the Guilty difference for yourself, or visit Guilty.
Speaker 10: Dot com, Cincinnati's most trusted asphalt and concrete specialist. Thanks to my man Mark Burke at quality blocktopping dot com, you can now transfer your commercial lots in an image that means business with professionally paid and maintained asphalt and concrete services Quality block topping dot com.
Speaker 64: West BANKO strives to be a better financial partner by providing you with the tools, resources and advice to power good financial decisions. We're here to help you build a strong foundation for today, tomorrow, and beyond. Because money does not make you wealthy, understanding it does. West BANKO Bank member fdic.
Speaker 56: Hey feeling tired all the time, lacking the energy you had ten, fifteen, twenty years ago. You're not lazy. You might have low t game Day. Men's Health will help you get back in the game now with four locations in the tri state schedule your complimentary blood working consultation Gamedaymenshealth dot Com.
Speaker 10: It's doing the little things right and attention to quality to make us the right choice to work on your home.
Speaker 15: Not just covering your old shingles woodn't now. The continue quality of our work is what you deserve.
Speaker 3: Race and Claire Roofing.
Speaker 8: They are now carriers pregame sports talk show presented by your Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 7: We are having an.
Speaker 8: Awesome time at the Holy Ground downtown. Bengals fans and Lions fans getting along greatly.
Speaker 3: This is awesome.
Speaker 8: You know, we have our differences when it comes to which team we want to win today, but there's one thing that we could all agree on, Tony. It's that you can't go wrong with any of win Schuler's four tasty cheese spread options. Now you know this, well, you got original, you got sharp cheddar, you got bacon, you got my favorite pepper jack, and you could put them on crackers, you could put them on pretzels, sandwiches, chips burgers, pretty much anything that can use an extra kick of flavor. This is an unforgettable taste experience. And what we have with us here, Tony, we have one dollar off coupons for any wind of them. Yeah, like right here in my hand is like one hundred dollars in savings on any wind Shulers cheese product.
Speaker 3: If if you are someone like a lot of people come down here to the Grail to watch a game or pre game. Yeah, a lot of people when it comes to the holidays, they're hosting family get togethers, they're hosting watch parties things like that.
Speaker 7: Try.
Speaker 3: You can't have a get together, you can't have a watch party without wind Shulers being there.
Speaker 7: And this is like currency in my hand right here. Yes, this is like a want of cash.
Speaker 3: And you're telling me people can walk up here and grab one.
Speaker 8: You don't have to do anything. We're we're not gonna make you fill out an entry form.
Speaker 3: We're not having enough, so don't don't push.
Speaker 7: Yeah we have enough. Just keep each other out of the way.
Speaker 3: Form a nice line.
Speaker 8: But if but if you want a dollar off a sign, look at this woman right here, order she's ready to go in fact. Here we'll we'll give you two save a dollar off any wind Shoolers cheese spread or again. You've got sharp cheddar, you've got bacon, you've got pepper jack, you've got the original. So come on up and grab a coupon and uh you're good to.
Speaker 3: Go, orderly line.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fashion, Look, the game is like two and a half hours away.
Speaker 8: We got time. We're good, Tony, it's time for it. Today's Postman Law injury report. It is brought to you by Postman Law. If you're injured called eight four or four Postman others promise, Postman delivers. H Noah Fan is out of the concussion protocol, so he is going to be good to go today. Shamar Stewart is gonna sit yet again. We will get the inactives. I guess a little bit before three o'clock. We'll see if Charlie Jones is good to go, dealt with an achilles issue all week.
Speaker 3: I guess, if not, maybe Jermaine Burton to be active. Do you imagine if Jones doesn't go and Burton is not active, Burton who struggled to make a meeting on time last week? You know what else?
Speaker 7: What else can you say about that.
Speaker 3: Dude's I don't know it. Not only that Shamar Stewart's out again. Yes, how bad is that ankle injury? Yeah? I would like to see, you know, what he can do for this team, what he can potentially do for this defense. Right, he's not available. It's it's been bad to this point.
Speaker 8: So Shamar Stewart edge rusher, Trey Hendrickson edge rusher.
Speaker 7: Look, the more this goes.
Speaker 8: And and the more it unravels, the more you're gonna hear people suggest it's time to hit the reset button. And to me, the very first thing you do is you move on from Trey Hendrick.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: But the Bengals do have in their back pocket.
Speaker 8: I guess they can franchise tag him for next year, but they haven't had him in their twenty twenty six plans from the jump.
Speaker 7: And so like.
Speaker 8: The trade deadline is still weeks away, it's becoming the worst this gets. It's becoming to me increasingly not feasible to think about him finishing his season in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: And the problem you'll have is once you decide to do that, you will officially signify to the locker room that you're done on this year. Uh huh. So that's a slippery slope because again, you've got thirteen games remaining.
Speaker 7: But like, how many of those dudes do you care about?
Speaker 3: Right? I mean, that's the counter to it. So it is right now. It is dysfunction at a lot of different levels. And it's one thing losing. It's another thing losing the way in which they have because of the locker room culture. And then when you add into that culture and you say, all right, we're gonna go ahead and move on from Trey, now you're saying to that culture, we still need you to fight and buy in, but we're not really buying in. Sure.
Speaker 8: But there's a long list of teams that have traded away a good player at the trade deadline, and like, to me, the message in the locker room is we're not good enough.
Speaker 7: We're not good enough, You're not good enough.
Speaker 8: And so we're gonna move on and do what's best for our for whatever's next for us.
Speaker 3: How far is this team from competing, if Joe Burrow.
Speaker 8: Is healthy, competing for a championship? Yes, I think a fair away. Like here's the thing. When the season started, we talked about the Bengals being playoff hopefuls. I don't think many of us viewed this team through the lens of Super Bowl hopeful or hey, they're in the upper crust of teams in the league that you legitimately talk about as having a chance to win the title. I don't think they were being framed as championship contenders when the season started, do you No.
Speaker 3: I thought if things fell in place and the offense was as good as they were last year and Al Golden could be middle of the pack, then they had a chance. But what we've seen, how can you watch this defense, even if Burrow's out there, and think that they are viable contenders in anything? Right?
Speaker 8: Nico Collins with a touchdown grab from CJ. Stroud to put the Texans of sixteen to three over Baltimore with the pat pending five thirty six to go in that one. But that's it, Like before the season started, go back to last year. Joe Burrow was amazing last season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right?
Speaker 8: Like that is that is arguably the greatest statistical single season performance by any quarterback. Pat is good seventeen to three Texans, the greatest single season statistically of any Bengals quarterback in the history of the franchise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you were still.
Speaker 8: Four and eight at one point, outside looking on the outside looking in when the playoffs got here.
Speaker 7: What do they do to the roster this offseason?
Speaker 3: Not a lot.
Speaker 8: So to me, the expectations coming into the year was all right, It's hard to imagine them not making the playoffs if Joe is great again. But the roster was so bad last year that you couldn't make the postseason despite Joe Burrow being great. So why should I talk about it in championship terms this year?
Speaker 3: Correct? Just this roster is not good yep.
Speaker 8: Joe Burrow is awesome, so as much as Zach Taylor does get the heat.
Speaker 3: Like we said earlier, Duke Cowman's got to answer to that as well, right, because the roster construction.
Speaker 8: Is him so like, all right, the message sent to the roster if they trade Trey Hendrickson, you know, maybe guys will quit. Honestly, me, as a fan, I've quit some of those guys because I think the next time the Bengals are in championship contention mode, pretty much none of these dudes are gonna be here, minus a handful of exceptions.
Speaker 3: Yep. And how how do you have the confidence, mo, if you've got to to rebuild it, that they're gonna rebuild it with the right guys.
Speaker 7: That's the thing that's the issue for me.
Speaker 3: Like, right, it's one thing to say, Okay, yes, move on from Trey, get some assets. Do I have confidence that they're gonna use those assets properly?
Speaker 39: No?
Speaker 3: Again, watch Religis today. You passed on him, passed on that guy. I just it's been miss after miss after miss, and we're just hoping and expecting that it's gonna be different the next time.
Speaker 8: I mean, I can, I can, really, I can really depress you and just read the number of picks over the last five years that just haven't worked out. Now, you know, twenty twenty one, they got Jamar Chase, right, they got Evan McPherson. Right, here are the picks in between, Jackson, Carmen, Joseph Osai, Cam Sample, Tyler, Shelvon, Deontay Smith, like any of those players.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty two, Dax Hill, don't know, Cam Taylor, Britt, don't know, Carter not here, Cordell Vohlsen Nope, Tyson Anderson, Uh huh. You know, it's like an entire class twenty twenty three, Miles Murphy Nope, DJ Turner don't know, Jordan Battle, don't know, Charlie Jones okay, Chase Brown thinks so, Andrey yoshavas fine.
Speaker 7: Brad Robbins hell, that guy lasted a year. They cut him.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty four draft class, Amarius Mims jury still out, Chris Jenkins like him, Dramane Burton never plays, McKinley Jackson never plays, Eric Halls always hurt, Josh Newton, don't know, Tanna McLaughlin not here like. And I won't even do twenty twenty five because it's not fair. But I just gave you four draft classes worth of guys that have yielded almost nothing.
Speaker 3: That's how you build teams like you are going to have to make eventual trades and moves, yes, but you're gonna build teams to have success through the draft, and then when you do draft those guys, MO, you better develop them. And they've not done any of that here in Cincinnati, not.
Speaker 7: Even close, not even remotely close.
Speaker 3: Developed Joe great, So that's the thing, Like they developed Jamar.
Speaker 8: I believe they got Joe up to speed that first year without preseason, but no, I mean.
Speaker 7: Drafting Joe Burrow was obvious.
Speaker 8: Drafting Jamar Chase might not have been obvious because the Lions have a guy who would have something to say about that in pinay Seool. But all right, were you make your where you build your roster? And to me, were you were you establish your reputation? We got the best server in the building here, Matt. Timely delivery my pizza. Were you were you establish your reputation as a personnel person? And where you build rosters is by making those day two and day three picks. Duke Tobin hasn't made enough good ones. It's two o'clock news time. We're getting set for kickoff Bengals and Lions, RNL Carriers pregame Sports Talk presented by You're Cincinnati, the Northern Kentucky Toyota.
Speaker 6: Deers is where they orange into Blacklodnel, w C Word, Cincinnati News, Traffic and Women. This is a game day news updates.
Speaker 30: The talks have begun. This is the one o'clock report on Sandy Collins breaking now. That's according to President Trump, Israeli and Hamas negotiation teams in talks now to finalize deals of a possible ceasefire. Agreement in Gaza. The world now holding its breath to see if the two sides can get it done. ABC's and panel is in Jerusalem with more.
Speaker 11: The phase that lays out for her Mass to be demobilized to hand over its weapons is going to.
Speaker 13: Be the key difficult point.
Speaker 11: So everyone seems to be saying the right things. Everyone is talking in a positive manner, but we waste and see how much they're ready to compromise and how much they're ready to agree.
Speaker 30: President Trump is optimistic about these talks as he heads to a Navy celebration today in Virginia. Latest traffic in weather together as the volume picks up. It's a little slower going through the Lochland Split and approaching the Cross County Highway on southbound seventy five because of that construction squeeze. Also coming up from the northern Kentucky area. It is slow from Erlinger all the way up to the bridge.
Speaker 32: Huge bags, four caps, big changes are a head for the weak. Weatherwise, will have beautiful blue sky today, temperatures in the mid eighties this afternoon and the same for tomorrow. But tomorrow isolated rain chances and then higher range chances for Tuesday, part of a cold front. Temperatures would drop the second half of the week into the upper sixties and low seventies. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first one of meteorologists kjjcobs Loo's radio seven hundred.
Speaker 30: WLW already seventy six degrees right now. In the Tri State, a not for profit hospital in Batesville has hit its massive financial goals for a new hospital one year ahead of schedule.
Speaker 33: Margaret Mary Health Foundation has raised ten point six million dollars for a new, state of the art replacement hospital to open this upcoming summer in southeast Indiana. It will serve as a regional hub for medical care and offer a wide range of services. CEO Liz Leasing said in a media release that milestone reflects the unwavering commitment of our community to advance healthcare in the area. Margaret Meryhealth is a not for profit critical access hospital in Batesville. They serve over sixty five thousand residents in the surrounding area. Eimley Mawen News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: And now a heads up for Tri Staters who work non traditional hours. A new study finds a greater health risk for developing kidney stones.
Speaker 49: That's according to new research published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Researchers say anybody working a shift outside of a nine to five job has a fifteen percent increased risk of getting kidney stones. That number jumps to twenty two percent for people working the night shift. The study involved data for more than two hundred and twenty thousand people in the UK. I'm Tammy TRIHEO seven to one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 50: We got a really good personnel. Front seven is really good. Dbs are scrappy as hell. I think twenty one does a really good Job's aggressive, he's not afraid to come up and press anybody in the NFL. He doesn't care. And I think the safety is do a really good job being ballhawks.
Speaker 30: A's Bengals quarterback Jake Browning looking at the Lions, seeing their strengths at every level of their defense. He'll have his hands full today four to twenty five at pay Course Stadium. Bengals game day forecast is built by American Home Tech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof American home tech dot Com. We've got all the action right here with that kickoff at four to twenty five on the home of the best Bengals coverage Next updated one thirty I'm Sandy Collins News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 52: Barty Brunham in here Joseph Chevrolet has big wins this truck month least at twenty twenty five Silverado fifteen hundred for just three ninety nine a month with nineteen ninety five down at Joseph Chevrolet.
Speaker 56: Tax Stata registration adoptee with qualifying Trader Lease Loyalty off rands cent thirty one twenty five.
Speaker 22: When employers like iHeart and pro Source choose Delta Dental of Ohio, employees can access top quality care from a large nationwide network of denis and obtain services from a leading provider of dental benefits building healthy, smart, vibrant communities. Delta dentaloh dot com.
Speaker 16: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four iHeart.
Speaker 65: For over forty years, Elite Audiology has specialized in helping folks overcome hearing problems by finding the right solution for each individual. Visit audpros dot com or any of their four tri state locations to learn more. Elite Audiology. You're trusted hearing professionals need.
Speaker 22: A new roof, Choose a roofer you can count on Cloud Roofing Systems of Cincinnati roof replacement, repair and skylight installation. Call today for a free estimate five one, three, five A, three, six, three eight nine. Cloudsdroofing Systems of Cincinnati put a clause on your house.
Speaker 39: Producing exceptional leaders and mentors was is, and always will be something we do. Miami University is where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit miamioh dot edu.
Speaker 35: There's something for everyone at Honda East with unbeatable deals, great financing options, and a large inventory of new and serified PREWM vehicles to choose from. There's never been a better time to drive a Honda in Our award winning service department ranks some of the best in the country with a season lineup of service consultants and factory trained Honda technicians. The ultimate Honda experience at Honda East. Visit Honda East Sinsey dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Tony Pike here with some great news. The new Pepperoni Duo is back at Donado's for a limited time. That's double the amount of your favorite pizza topping, so put some extra pep in your step. Donados the official pizza of the Cincinnati Bengals. To learn more, go to Donados dot com.
Speaker 6: Today this is R and L Carriers Pregame Sports Talk Live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. Pregame Sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chilly feeling good. It's Skyline Time, a door and window company. They sell the best and service the rest. Encore Technologies. Visit Encore dot Tech, Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman others promise. Postmund delivers your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com. And by R and L Carriers, visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And now pregames sports Talk.
Speaker 8: The Final Hour, the Power Hour. You're at the Holy Grail downtown Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Are Bengals fans here?
Speaker 7: Are Bengals fans here?
Speaker 3: Are Are there Lions fans here? Do we have Lions fans in the house? Yes?
Speaker 8: Road Environment, I like this true This is, you know, practice of the crowd noise, you know that intimidating Detroit Lion crowds.
Speaker 3: This is what Jake needed. That's right.
Speaker 8: They played so well on the road. Ye these first couple of weeks. It Sarnell Carriers pregame Sports Talk. We are presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Were you guys here from Detroit watching the Tigers last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess I don't care about the Tigers if you're from Detroit.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: More Tigers, Wolverines, Spartans, Spartans, Red Wings, Pistons.
Speaker 7: My guy Jalen Brunson ended the Pistons season last year.
Speaker 3: That was fun. Yeah, take that bout it, Detroit. That's right, that was fun.
Speaker 62: You know.
Speaker 8: The thing is like, we know what that's like. We know what these fans are experiencing right now. I look, the lines were awesome last year, lost and home in the postseason. But like they it's it's fun when you're on the road and you've got a really good team. I don't know that I know what it's like to go watch your favorite team playing the road and be ten and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: I love though love. I love environments at home games. Yeah, as a fan, to go to a road game though, when your team's good is the best. It's just something like cause you're like, what are you gonna say to me right, like we're better? Yeah, it's it's it's it's fun. Like you get to go around a city, you get to travel. You did it in Denver.
Speaker 8: I did it in Denver and those fans were nice. That stadium was awesome, the in and out. They have light rail, which is cool as hell. Like it was neat walking out of the stadium. Nobody like people felt bad for us.
Speaker 7: It was just like, hey man, you have to go home and watch that more.
Speaker 3: Like wow. In large part for me, it's what made nine the Pittsburgh game better.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, the fact that it was on the road. Yeah, like that makes it.
Speaker 3: So much better. And to be a fan and if the fans aren't giving you crap throughout the game, you get like the last trump card like yep, yep, sorry, I'm gonna take this win back with me.
Speaker 8: Well, especially because in the second half all the UC fans who had shown up that day had left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love the fos, including family and friends.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the folks who tell you they were there, and it's like, oh, yeah, were you there.
Speaker 7: In the third quarter, you know, it started to snow.
Speaker 8: Like you nah, baby, no countown to kickoff coming up at three o'clock.
Speaker 7: Dan and Lap half the game four to twenty five.
Speaker 8: Right here, ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred WLW. The game's happening right now. Baltimore is losing at home seventeen to three to the Texans, and Houston has the ball.
Speaker 7: At midfield at the two minute warning.
Speaker 8: Two minute warning, and Charlotte Dolphins up seventeen to seven on the Panthers. Eagles five minutes to go in the first half, lead the Broncos by a score of ten to three. Cowboys up ten to three, they have the football deep in their own territory to eighteen to go in the first half. Dallas up seven on New York ten to three the other New York team. How many times have the Giants and Jets played at the exact same time?
Speaker 7: I feel like they do one at one and one at four.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Giants up fourteen thirteen on the Saints.
Speaker 8: That game is in New Orleans, less than three minutes to go before halftime and lou and Rumo's Colts up fourteen to three on the Raiders at home with just under two minutes to go in the first half.
Speaker 7: In that one, Here's what I want you to do.
Speaker 8: You on Tuesday morning did a series of breakdowns on social media using the all twenty two of six different plays where you pointed out some of Jake Browning's deficiencies. Obviously this is an audio medium, but I want you that if you can walk through the things you saw when watching critically that Jake did poorly and tell me how many one of those things he legitimately can do better today.
Speaker 3: I think it starts decision making. Their first drive of the game was I thought, very good, minus them kicking the field going fourth and two right. But on third and two you get the exact look you want. And I know, like t Higgins had one on one coverage and that's a matchup you like because of his size. But on the same play, you had Chase Brown in the middle of the field one on one with a linebacker and it wasn't at this guy's coverage. You knew you had Chase Brown one on one with a linebacker on a choice route Chase brown won easily. Jake Browning took the ball and threw it six yards out of bounds. One, if you're gonna throw to t Higgins, you got to give him a chance to catch the ball. Right. Two, you're calling that play with your running back knowing that if you get one on one, the ball goes there. Miss that. Opportunities that were thrown down the field oftentimes were uncatchable. You've got to give your guy a chance to make a catch.
Speaker 66: Right.
Speaker 3: They used Jamar Chase in motion on a third down and got the look you wanted. The secondary is communicating, they're passing things off. Jamar Chase fits into a window six yards down the field. Jake Brownan didn't even look there. It's opportunity after opportunity missed. They had a rollout again, unique situation where they load the right side of the field. Mitchell Tinsley, of all people, goes in motion and you get a half rollout left. Tinsley's open, Jamar Chase is wide open. Jake Browning lazily flips his hips and throws the ball uncatchable. Like you only get a certain opportunity with looks in the NFL. Right and every opportunity that was advantageous for Jake Browning to the Bengals. He either missed the throw or missed the read. And as much as we want to harp on Zach Taylor, you've got to be able to operate in the NFL at the bare minimum it. I know, I could talk to anyone else I know at quarterback, if you've got a running back versus a linebacker with space one on one, the running back's going to win. Give him the ball. You can't throw deep balls out of bounds. There's a termin in with quarterbacks. When you're throwing a deep ball, you want the ball to land halfway between the numbers and the out of bounds. So if you think on an NFL field, where the numbers are going down the field and then the out of bounds, if you drew an imaginary line all the way down the field, halfway between the two, that's where your deep ball lands because it gives your receiver room to operate. The throws last week were out of bounds. You could even make a play, and they've got guys that can do it. He did it on the first drive, one up and got one unbelievable catch. We talk about the catch radius. They don't utilize those things, and when they do, you have to hit on them. And Jake Browning didn't do it last week, which again you wonder should he be doing it again this week? But they haven't addressed that position.
Speaker 8: I mean, the ceiling for Jake Browning is not very high. You know, that was what his eighth, ninth NFL start. He's a backup quarterback. He's a backup quarterback for a reason. What I watched on Monday night looked like a guy in like Drew Pltt a couple of years ago, right who he gets a shot.
Speaker 7: He's not gonna make the team, but he's a local guy.
Speaker 8: Give him a chance to put some stuff on film, and you know, the longer he's on the field, the more it's gonna become.
Speaker 7: I'm not doing this to pick on Drew.
Speaker 8: I'm just using it as an example where it's like, Okay, this is not an NFL quarterback. That's what Jake Browning looked like. He looked like Des Richard this preseason.
Speaker 3: DEAs was Terrible's like people are like, well what happened years ago? If you actually believe it, their own line running the ball was better years ago. Yeah, this old line is constructed to pass block. So what doesn't help Jake Browning the ability that he can't turn around and give it to a running back twenty five times and get yards. So what happens Morris put on his shoulders, and in my opinion, over the last two weeks, he has not shown the ability with more weight on his shoulders to operate in an offense. Yeah, it's also different to operate over the course of the end of the year instead of fourteen to fifteen games remaining.
Speaker 8: But when I think of two years ago, they did run it effectively right, and they had a screen. They can't do that, And then there were a couple of times think of that Minnesota game two years ago where te goes and makes some great plays. None of that, like what I saw, was preseason level incompetence from a starting quarterback in a primetime game on the road. You're going to lose every single time, can't win. It is a sixteen minutes matchups. Bad matchups, Yeah, bad matchups. Sixteen minutes after two o'clock. We are broadcasting from the Holy Grail.
Speaker 3: Let's see NY one to three in Baltimore. This Texans, This guy Hutchinson's got two touchdowns.
Speaker 8: Daterer Hutchinson not a bad matchup for him. It's twenty three to three with the pat pending.
Speaker 3: We're gonna use this all year match up.
Speaker 8: Bad batch up. Yeah, I've heard it four different weeks. Bad matchup, bad matchup worst.
Speaker 43: C J.
Speaker 8: Stroud with three touchdown passes already for the second time in his career. The pat is up. It is good and the Texans lead the Ravens in Baltimore under a half minute to go in the first half, twenty four to three. Dolphins up seventeen to seven on the Panthers final minute of the first half. They're two and a half to go in the first half. Philadelphia has the ball in Denver Territory. Eagles lead the Broncos ten to three, Cowboys up ten to three on the Jets final two minutes of the first half. There, Colts remain up fourteen to three over Vegas one nineteen to go in the first half, and the Giants at the two minute warning in the first half lead the Saints fourteen to three. Seventeen minutes after two o'clock. Broadcasting from the Holy Grail downtown Cincinnati, It's the RNL carriers pregame sports talk show presented by Your Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 66: Smoke Justice is just a block and a bridge from the stadium in Covington. Video walls bring your favorite team to life on game days. Smoke meats and the largest selection of Bourmans make Smoke Justice your football headquarters. Trust us, your senses will thank you. Smoke Justice at Ropelink Point in Covington.
Speaker 13: Hey, you kids look great. Here you go.
Speaker 37: Now you can treat yourself to great savings with October specials from a door and window all this month. Put no money down and get zero percent interest for two years, plus take five percent off your total order when you can buy and save on entry doors and windows from Pavia and Pella, Summer Space awnings and Clope garage doors, and up to one hundred and twenty five dollars off your new Liftmaster opener.
Speaker 13: Find out more at adoor sales dot Com.
Speaker 16: A one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four iHeart.
Speaker 8: On the field or off. You need a winning game plan at Shariffax Credit Union. They've got low rate loans, high yield savings and checking with no hidden fees. With mobile banking, you're always in control of the ball. Score big today at shriffactx dot org, SHAREFFAX credit Union, where you share the benefits.
Speaker 58: Anthony munhos Here, your number one player, cheering on my number one automotive teammate, Rose Automotive. Roses number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find your way to Hamilton and Rose Automotive. Anthony munhos Here, your number one player, cheering on the newest member of our automotive team, Larkin greenwood Ford in Connorsville, Indiana. Like all of the automotive teammates on Ed Larkin's team, Larkin greenwood Ford focuses on the fundamentals of service and value to bring you to our team. Larkin greenwood Ford in Connorsville.
Speaker 41: My name is Tove Toph and recently I negotiated massive tax relief for a former Cincinnati football star. My playbook worked to perfection, and the IRS was left watching as my celebrity client ran free into the end zone and celebrated with tiers of joy pouring down his face. Imagine the freedom if your massive IRS problem was resolved permanently. Now stop procrastinating and visit five to one three TOAF dot com five one three t OPH dot com. Don't live in fear. TOAF is here at brg Apartments. Your perfect home is waiting, just in time for sweater weather. Imagine sipping cider on your private patio or balcony, surrounded by stunning autumn views.
Speaker 13: As the leaves burst into color.
Speaker 24: Whether you're actor cozy interiors or scenic fall landscapes, We've got the perfect community for you. Don't wait till the leaves drop. Visit brg apartments dot com today and find your perfect spot this fall.
Speaker 8: Twenty minutes after two o'clock, it's the rn L Carriers pregame sports song Yeah hit It by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers, Mulegger and Tony Pike. We are forty minutes away from the Hall of Famer Playton Boxmiller countdown to kickoff, and we are just about two hours away from kickoff. The opening kickoff brought to you by a door and window company. They sell the best and service the rest are thanks to Bill and Adam Weber for their continued support.
Speaker 7: Of the Bengals all these many years.
Speaker 8: Dan Horden, Dave Lapham getting ready for the call Bengals and Broncos.
Speaker 7: We are three weeks away from Dave Lappham.
Speaker 8: What a weekend. Yeah, on the twenty fourth, you got that weekend. You go into UC's Hall of Fame with six others. You see Baylor, You see Baylor and then the Ring of Honor with Dave Lapham and Lamar Parrish.
Speaker 7: It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 8: By the way, it'll be another normal weekend for me where nobody cares.
Speaker 3: But you've looked at this yet. Yeah, early line for next Saturday at noon. What do you got?
Speaker 7: Cats seven and a half, ten and a half? No way, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a lot, a big number. That's a lot. That's a big number.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: That's Scott Frost back in the building.
Speaker 8: You were enjoying your inn dinner. That game yesterday between them and Kansas. Yeah, pretty entertainment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm more interested in that because I want to see what Kansas does going forward.
Speaker 7: I think Kansas is good.
Speaker 3: I think they are a handful offensively, a handful. It's time and a half.
Speaker 7: Time for your favorite segment.
Speaker 8: Time to take a look at what happened on this date in Cincinnati sports history. It is brought to you by Pellow Window and Doors Making Life Brighter.
Speaker 7: Pella now pay Later.
Speaker 8: October fifth in Cincinnati sports history has actually been pretty busy day. A lot of baseball. Yeah, like in nineteen sixty one when Joey J. Threw a complete game four hitter Gordy Coleman with a home run Reds beat the.
Speaker 3: New York Yankees. Joey J.
Speaker 8: Was great that night in Game two of the nineteen sixty one World Series six to two.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, they would lose the series in five.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 8: It was on this day nineteen seventy Tony Oh, Johnny Bench, and Tony Perez had back to back home runs and Bobby Tolin drove in the go ahead run for the Reds as they polished off the Pittsburgh Pirates Game three, finishing off a three game series sweep, beating Pittsburgh three to two to advance to the World Series. It was on this date in nineteen seventy five two things happened. Tony Number one, Fred Norman and Raley Eastwick combined to give up just one run and Tony Perez homeward to give the Pirates to give the Reds a six to one win over the Pirates in Game two of the National League Championship Series that the Reds would go on to.
Speaker 7: Win and free. That same day, Can Anderson.
Speaker 8: Threw three touchdown passes in a twenty one to nineteen Bengals win over the Houston Oilers. It was on this date in nineteen seventy nine, Wow the Big Red Machine era came to an end, as the Reds lost Game three of the National League Championship Series, also to the Pirates, seven to one. Pittsburgh would finish off a three game sweep and go on to win the World Series that year over Baltimore. It was on this date in nineteen eighty six Tony that James Brooks ran for a couple of touchdowns, Boomersiasin threw for a couple of touchdowns, and the Bengals on the road at lambeau Field beat the Packers thirty four to twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 8: It was on this date in nineteen ninety Tom Browning, Rob Dibble, and Randy Myers combined to allow six hits. Paul O'Neil had two RBIs and threw out Andy Van Slike at third base as the Reds evened up the National League Championship Series with a two to one win again over the Pirates, Wow, to.
Speaker 7: Even up that series at a game apiece.
Speaker 8: And it was on this date eleven years ago the on to Cincinnati game Wow Bengals on Sunday Night Football with the New England Patriots having gotten crushed by the Chiefs hammered the Bengals forty three to seventeen in Foxborough.
Speaker 3: It was on this date six years ago I got married and you and your lovely wife Molly, as I remember, I had a great time at the reception.
Speaker 8: I had a blasted thus at our house, A really good time at the reception. Yeah, I don't know anybody I was. I was saying, Molly and I were talking about this. I don't know anybody who has moved more. You've been married six years in fast, three kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: What my wife really enjoys is like the next morning I did the show here. You remember I was here the morning after our wedding. Like, I left the house that morning and like so many people just slept in random spots in the house. I was like climbing over bodies coming here Sauce Gardner picked six the night before you see one. Uh huh. And then my wife and I for our honeymoon went to Gatlinburg with my dad and brother. I have promised her a really nice honeymoon. And then we started having kids.
Speaker 8: And you took her to Gatlinburg Gatlinburg's lovely football season.
Speaker 3: Man, I guess we were here the next morning during this show.
Speaker 7: I remember that fantastic six years yars ago. Congratulations.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, what I just remember you.
Speaker 7: You know, I remember meeting Meredith and it was like I met Tony's girlfriend, and then the next week it was We're getting married.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, it was quick, you know, yolo, Man, you gotta make the post of everybody most quickly.
Speaker 7: Well, very good planet.
Speaker 8: That is better than all that other short I just mentioned that happened on October fifth.
Speaker 7: In uh Cincinnati sports history.
Speaker 8: Uh, let's take a look at how every piece is important, Tony. It's brought to you by Donado's Pizza. Where every piece is important. Tonado's is the official pizza of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 7: Give me an important piece.
Speaker 3: Uh. Chase Brown, he was important going into the year. I I thought Chase Brown was going to end this year as one of the top backs of the league. Yes, And what I want to see now, if you can't get it just by handing the ball off, can you give Chase Brown opportunities to be effective without handing it off. Can you use them in the passing game? Can you run some screen game? Can you find ways for Chase Brown to have an impact on the game today outside of just running the ball in between the tackle?
Speaker 8: So this goes into what I think is huge. You got to keep Detroit's offense off the field. The Bengals are last in the NFL in number of plays run per game, in large part because they're awful on third down the last two weeks, especially just five of twenty two.
Speaker 7: And so you start there.
Speaker 8: Whenever you play a team of the high powered offense, you figure out a way to keep them off the field. The Lions have I think by definition, a high powered, high scoring, explosive offense.
Speaker 7: You obviously need points.
Speaker 8: You're probably not going to be able to score twenty four today in hope to win. But can you score on sustained dry If you can't convert on third down, then the answer is non. Well, you have less of a chance of converting on third down if every third down is a third and seven or longer. And over the last two weeks they've been because they can't run the ball. Everything is sort of tied together. But I look at drive sustainability and I look at third down conversions. The Bengals in both regards have been awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, to tie them both together, that's where Chase brown helps run the ball, shorten the passing game, and find ways to get the ball. I mean again, I keep we keep harping on last week Denver could have ran fifty bubbles. Last week I got fifteen yards of bubble. Right, you have to at some point, by your alignment and your pre snap movement, find advantageous ways to get your guys in position. Two weeks ago, we watched Kansas. I've never seen a team shift in motion more before the snap than what they did, But talking to UST coaches after the game, it gave them fits. Try that, right, Try more movement, Try more shifting, Try getting the play in quicker start there. Yeah, allow Jake Browning to at least try to see what the defense is doing.
Speaker 8: Two delay of game penalties won on a punt which may have been intentional, I don't know. But the other one again, you go back to the first game of the season, because you know, I think there's a tendency to kind of pin everything on the fact that they're operating with Joe, with Jake Browning. We talked after Game one, the one complete game that Joe Burrow played, how do you have this amount of continuity with the coaching staff and look, Jake Browning's been here a while. How do you have this much continuity with the quarterback and have such a hard time getting the play in?
Speaker 3: Right? That's the thing. You would think that Jake Browning just joined this team three weeks ago, right, he knowed that was the whole point of him being the guy is he knows the system inside and out. Why can't you operate at any level of that system?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't. That to me is one of the most maddening things about it is watching them and them not being known to piece together the simplest, simplest.
Speaker 8: Thing, like it's a copycat league. Do the Bengals coaches not watch other teams? Like how do you watch San Francisco on Thursday and not come to the office and go I like that you know what.
Speaker 7: There are some concepts they used.
Speaker 3: That is legal. You're allowed to do that. You could watch the tape the twenty two right and you could say, hey, that's a good idea, right, let's grab that and use it.
Speaker 8: It feels like there's none of that schematically here now, no borrowing from other teams that seem to do it at a really high level.
Speaker 7: We got a step aside.
Speaker 8: It's two thirty broadcasting from the Holy Grail, downtown Cincinnati. News Time, Arnell Carriers pregame sports talk presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota.
Speaker 6: Diaters, News, traffic and winning. This is a game day news update.
Speaker 67: Looking to avoid a three game losing streak and dropping below five hundred with the two thirty report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now. After two straight losses on the road, the Bengals are back home later this afternoon as they take on the Lions, who have won three straight following a loss to open the season. Quarterback Jake Brownie knows it's a good Detroit defense.
Speaker 15: They're about the face, Yeah, really good personnel.
Speaker 50: Front seven is really good. Dbs are scrappy as hell. The twenty one does a really good job.
Speaker 29: Aggressive.
Speaker 50: He's not afraid to come up and press anybody in the NFL. He doesn't care, And I think the Safeties do a really good job being Ballhawks.
Speaker 67: Kick opposite pour twenty five earlier today, the Browns in London falling to one in four after a twenty one seventeen loss to the Vikings, Now the Ladies.
Speaker 5: Forecast from a train heating and cooling weather setter on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: Big changes are ahead for the weak weatherwise. We'll have beautiful blue skies today, temperatures in the mid eighties this afternoon, and the same for tomorrow. But tomorrow isolated rain chances and then higher range chances for Tuesday, part of a cold front. Temperatures would drop the second half of the week into the upper sixties and low seventies. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first one of meteorologists kJ Jacobs's Ready Go seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 67: A man dies after a th yusical altercation late this past week. Fifty four year old Spencer Morris found in the thirty nine hundred block of West eighth Street by Cincinnati police suffering from a hit injury late Thursday, night around eleven o'clock. Worris would die from his injuries the next day. So far, no suspect is in custody. A man shown and killed in Roseland Saturday has been identified. Police finding thirty five year old Kenny Townsend suffering from a gunshot wound in the sixteen hundred block A Summit Road just after the noon hour, pronounced said at the scene. The Cincinnati Police Department's homicide Unit continues its investigation. College football, Ohio State remains number one in the new Associated Press poll that saw some big shake ups after multiple upset Saturday. Pens falls out of the top twenty five after an upset loss that then winless. Ucla and Texas also no longer ranked after losing a Florida Iowa State dropping eight spots and number twenty two after uc pulled off the thirty eight thirty upset at Knippert Stadium Saturday. Our next update is after the game. I'm Sean Gallagher, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 31: At O'Connor, Chani and Levy. We don't get paid until you do. No upfront fees, no oh hourly bills. We invest in your case because your fight is our fight. We are your trusted local legal team. Visit oldashlaw dot com.
Speaker 40: The Cincinnativa is proud to announced the opening of the brand news State of the Art I Center on November third, twenty twenty five, located at twenty ninety four and Sevenue SWEE three hundred and Cincinnati, offering thirty nine advanced exam lanes, two procedure rooms at a full service optical shop. Veterans will have access to comprehensive vision care including general optometry, low vision, contact lenses, cataract surgery, glal Comacare and Retnacare, ocula plastics, and more. Enroll today called five one, three, four seven, five sixty four ninety nine.
Speaker 1: There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers nationwide. There is only one BMW store. Visit the BMW Store, conveniently located ten minutes north of downtown Cincinnati off I seventy one at Stuart Road.
Speaker 56: Lance Bacalister here, Hot in one room, cold on the next. No duckwork, no problem. Carrier Ducklow Systems will bring it enhanced heating and cooling to your home. Go to Carrier dot com find a carrier dealer that can recommend the right ducklo solution for you carrier.
Speaker 13: Turn to the experts rout here.
Speaker 55: It's all or nothing and nobody has more all wheel drive choices than Toyota. Now through November third, get four points seventy five APR financing on a new twenty five RAD four or five points seventy five on RAD four hybrid excludes plugins. Or lease a gas powered ratbour l E for three h nine a month for thirty six months with thirty six to ninety nine.
Speaker 13: Do it signing with a.
Speaker 55: Proof credit through TFS Tax, Title and License Extra. Call one eight eight eight thirty six Toyota Fruit details or go to Toyota dot com Toyota Let's Go Places.
Speaker 3: When cancer hits, the right game plan can change everything. Cincinnati Cancer Advisors is here to help coach you through it, providing expert second opinions, guidance, and support. World class care right here in Cincinnati and at zero cost to the patient thanks to generous donors of the Cincinnati Cancer Foundation. Learn more at Cincinnati Cancer Advisors dot org.
Speaker 10: If you slide into home and now you just want to shower without pulling a hammy, it's time to call my friends, at rebath walk in tubs, grab bars, slip resistant options plus quick installs. Rebath makes it so easy to upgrade in their Summer Savings event going on now, So schedule and save today at rebath dot Com.
Speaker 24: Earn fifty five thousand dollars year one, with the potential to earn up to six figures as a metro operator full time. Great benefits paid CDL training and a two thousand dollars hiring bonus apply at go dash Metro dot Com fords last careers.
Speaker 15: You're one stop for advertising.
Speaker 16: Call eight four four eight four four iHeart he plays.
Speaker 8: To be downtown Cincinnati before any Bengals game the Holy Crown, which is where we are rnel Carriers.
Speaker 3: Where elfould you want to be?
Speaker 8: This is it Man Rnel Carriers pregame sports Talk presented by You're Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Count tend to kickoff with Wayne box Miller twenty five minutes. Wice kickoff one hour and fifty minutes away. By the way, the AP Top twenty five College Football Pole is out oh mentioned in the coaches poll. The Bearcats are twenty eighth in the AP.
Speaker 7: Pole twenty sixth oh, just on the outside.
Speaker 3: Look here we go. So just win as ten and a half point favorites.
Speaker 8: Win and you're in against UC Go beat Oklahoma State, YEP, come back home against Baylor. Pregame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Encore Technologies. Check out encore dot tech updates on the games happening right now. Most of them are at halftime. In fact, all of them are at halftime. The Colts are up twenty to three at home over the Las Vegas Raiders. Daniel Jones is throwing a couple of touchdown passes. The Saints take a sixteen to fourteen halftime lead at home over the New Orleans Saints. Spencer Rattlers throwing a touchdown pass in search of his first win as a starting quarterback in the NFL. Dallas up twenty three to three on the Jets, are in danger of five to zero and five Dak Prescott's a couple of touchdowns. Eagles up ten to three on the Broncos at halftime. That game is in Philadelphia. The Dolphins have a seventeen to ten road lead over the Carolina Panthers to a tongue of Blowa has on a couple of touchdown passes and CJ. Stroud has thrown three and the Texans lead the Ravens in Baltimore twenty four to three that game.
Speaker 7: Also at the half, what.
Speaker 3: Do you think that sounded like going into the half? Not great?
Speaker 7: I think John harp Ball is interesting, man.
Speaker 8: Like, they have a lot of injuries right now, but there's been this since over the last couple of years. All right, we have fixed quarterback. Lamar Jackson has progressed and I mean he is an upper tier absolute dude. They've had a very good roster the last couple of seasons. Yeah, they haven't even made an AFC Championship game during this run.
Speaker 3: Does does Pittsburgh just run away with the North?
Speaker 7: Feels like it? If the Bengals lose today, feels like it. You hate to say that.
Speaker 3: Until they come here a couple of Thursdays.
Speaker 7: Steelers with a bye this week.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I mean, what do you think Aaron Rodgers is doing right now? Probably something I wouldn't want to do. Probably in a dark somewhere. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You imagine him like not like just in a dark hut watching football tape by himself.
Speaker 7: I don't know that.
Speaker 8: I don't know that when he goes to one of those darkness retreats, football as much on his mind.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Look, he's played.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not I started to play better. I do not yet subscribe to any belief that they can win the AFC. And you know, look a year ago at this time, they were kind of felt like becoming one of those teams that you thought could win the AFC, and then by the second half of the season that was abundantly not clear or abundantly clear that they weren't. They had that season in twenty twenty where they started ten and one, like there have been years like this, But they've played well, he's played well. If this score in Baltimore holds and they're one and four, if the Bengals lose in they're two and three, Cleveland's already lost. You start to think, if you're a Steelers fan, like we can put some distance between ourselves and the rest of.
Speaker 3: The division in an AFC that is not very good, which makes this even more frustrating that the Bengals are going through this.
Speaker 8: That's the thing, Like, I don't know who the seven playoff teams are supposed to be. Yeah, I'm watching John Harball talking to Evan Washburn and his hair like it ain't them right now.
Speaker 3: No, it's got to be a tough, tough conversation. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I credit for him for having it, because some head coaches will just walk past. I don't know who the playoff teams are supposed to be in the AFC. Yeah, I can tell you who the really good teams are in the NFC. In the AFC, I can't find seven good ones yep. But if they win today.
Speaker 3: What can you find more of AFC playoff teams or players on this current roster you would have to have back next year?
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 7: Probably AFC playoff.
Speaker 3: This stuff it's been I've been racking my brain all week, kind of talk myself into things.
Speaker 8: Well, who are they like again, like Chase higgins Borough put over here?
Speaker 7: Everybody else is over here?
Speaker 8: Who are you grabbing from this group and putting with the group that has Jamar Joe and T couldn't tell you who like. One might say Chase Brown, he plays running back. I haven't been able to get him going yep. Right now, for me, it's none of those offensive line and it's none of those defensive lineman Shamar Stewart. I'll certainly give the benefit of the doubt too. It's no linebacker, God knows, it's no dB. Like who who's in this group that you pluck over here and put in this group?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who is a guy you look at and say, cannot go into a season without?
Speaker 7: Yeah, who's essential?
Speaker 3: Logan Wilson. No Bengals have told you that much.
Speaker 7: I'll bui his playing time is demand.
Speaker 8: No Dax Hill, Geno Stone, DJ Turner, Josh Newton.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 8: I could certainly get to a point I believe that Demetrius Knight's one of those guys. Oh so okay, Pope, Shamar Stewart, Dylan Fairchild. Maybe again, we did this before. I make rookies exempt from the discussion because they're so unproven.
Speaker 3: Who else you got?
Speaker 7: Who else you got.
Speaker 8: That You're like, you know what, the next half of the decade, we're gonna win super Bowls unless we let these guys get away.
Speaker 7: It don't exist.
Speaker 3: But that's the frustrating part is I don't know the answers, and you would think with a lot of those times, you could at least say, okay, we can at least look to this and this core group. Let me ask you this, who has more of those type players the reds of the Bengals.
Speaker 8: The Reds, right, because they have starting pitchers. Correct, it's not an apples apples comparison, But the Rets, I'm not sure who they are positionally top to bottom. But the frustrating thing about the Bengals part of it is last year we knew they had a bad roster. This coming into this season, we said, man, you got Joe, he's healthy, if he's superhuman, you'll be fine. But it's probably not like nobody would have looked at the Bengals roster before the season and said it's among the best eight to ten in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody.
Speaker 8: You might have thought the wide receiver position. You certainly might have thought that. The quarterback.
Speaker 3: You didn't look.
Speaker 8: Again, the bar for the defense all off season was they just gotta.
Speaker 7: Be league average.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's pretty damning and timing against the quality of the players on that side of the ball.
Speaker 3: That's tough. Be league average, be league average, be top twenty, top twenty.
Speaker 7: So now they need more and they're not capable of doing that.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: Would you like to pick the four o'clock games, Stud Knights game in to Marsvin. Tampa Bay is on the road against Seattle. The Seahawks are laying three and a half.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I think Seattle is one of those teams that is dangerous. But there is just something about Baker Mayfield and this Tampa team that I like. I can't pick against him. I think it's an opportunity for them to go on the road and get a good win. I think against a good Seattle.
Speaker 8: Ta beating up Bucky Irving, Mike Evans. But I think they figure it out. I think Baker Mayfield basically makes them figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I like Tampa Bay. Arizona a pretty big home favorite against Tennessee laying seven and a half. Is today Brian Callahan's last game.
Speaker 3: Man boy, he gave up play calling duties.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, bought himself some times.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. Arizona's one of those teams I'm not ready to count out of the equation yet. I think if they can figure a couple things out, I like them. I'll take Arizona to cover the number.
Speaker 8: Give me a Washington at the Chargers. LA is laying three. I'm just gonna go I'm taking Washington. Jane Daniels is back, Joe Alt is hurt, They've already lost in Sewan Slater.
Speaker 7: That offensive line is gonna be a mess.
Speaker 3: If you asked me this game last week, yes, I take the Chargers because I thought they were one of the best teams in football. Yes, I like a Marion Hampton, but I'm with you. I think Washington, now that they're getting Daniel's back, has something to prove, and after that Chargers loss last I don't really know who they are. Four and oh.
Speaker 7: Buffalo is laying seven and a half against the Pats.
Speaker 3: I think New England's better in a lot of places, but I think I think Buffalo's four to oh and haven't played their best game yet. I'll take Buffalo, and.
Speaker 8: They've achieved balanced on offense, which has been kind of elusive for them during this Josh Allen run. I don't think the Patriots can get after the quarterback. I'll take Buffalo. I'll lay the points. Kansas City's trending upward.
Speaker 3: Everything last week felt like when the wheels fall off for them and then they dominate the Ravens uh huh offense pieced it together. It's also Travis Kelce's birthday, said a big weekend, got a song about him.
Speaker 8: I've learned a lot about Travis Kelcey listening to the new Taylor Swift album.
Speaker 3: Which is a lot of what we don't want to know about Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 8: So I get an eight year old daughter, Crosley loves Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've listened to them.
Speaker 8: Now, there are some adult themes in this album that we've kind of hoped she just.
Speaker 7: Kind of ignores.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I've learned a lot about Travis Kelcey listening to this album that I didn't necessarily need to know.
Speaker 3: Yep. I'll take Kansas City, though, I'll.
Speaker 7: Lay the three and a half with the Chiefs.
Speaker 8: There's one more game to pick, Bengals, big home dogs. We'll talk about it when we come back. Sixteen away from three o'clock. It's the RNL Carriers pregame Sports Talk. We are presented by your Greater Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty Cincinnati Sports Station.
Speaker 23: Say Dennison here reminding all football fans to gear up for the big game at good Spirits, wine and tobacco and Party Town twelve convenient Northern Kentucky locations in the number one tailgate shop with the largest bourbon selection in the tri state. Visit good Spirits and Party Town today.
Speaker 8: Hey Bengals fans, from game day to getaway, Chevy Equinox is ready for all the adventures ahead. This stylish suv comes with all day comfort and ample space, plus an eleven point three inch touchscreen making it easier to interact with navigation apps, music, and more. Equinox also surrounds you with multiple standard safety and driver assistance features so you can hit the road with confidence. Get a closer look at the versatile Equinox at your Tristage Chevy dealers and check out great offers going on right now.
Speaker 1: It's football season and Little Miami Brewing and Old Milford is the place to be. Catch every play on big screens, crush some craft brews, and dive into kilder pieces and sandwiches. Game days starts here.
Speaker 8: Moheger Here, I do anything to be at a bar watching the Bengals with some wings in a nice cold bud light. Game days right around the corner. Can't wait to head to my local spot to order some wings. Around of butt Lights and turn it into an official watch party. Anything for bud Light, the official beer sponsor of the Bengals. Enjoy responsibly Anheuser Busch butt Light beer. Saint Louis, Missouri, Hey, Cincinnati, Moeger Here, Buffalo Wild Wings has thirty four Cincinnati area sports bars. You could stop by the Bridgewater Falls location tonight for their pickstits for nineteen ninety nine or their create your own ultimate sampler. It's Philly in New York on Thursday night football at eight fifteen. Enjoy the game, enjoy the wing, and let's go sports bar. Oakley Greens is your home turn for Game day.
Speaker 43: Two bars, huge outdoor patio, thirty TV so you never.
Speaker 8: Missed a play, plus easy in and out parking.
Speaker 12: Game Day here is the next best thing to being at the stadium.
Speaker 13: All the sports, all the time, all at Oakley Greens.
Speaker 36: Well, when you're standing in the shower, but the water won't get hot and well, a water heater problem is what you've got.
Speaker 15: We can fix that for you so you can stay clean. We care about you and your personal high Jean Blum Tightum Tight, bumb Tight.
Speaker 8: We are closing in on countdown to kickoff. Which will close us into kickoff Bengals and Lions. It's the NL Carriers pregame sports song. We are presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky and Toyota Dealers. Bengals and Lions on a beautiful early fall afternoon downtown Cincinnati. Uh, if you're still thinking, you know, I'm gonna go out and hang out watch the game, taking the mine, taking the atmosphere. Come on out of the Holy Grail. NFL Sunday ticket Baseball playoffs to be on if you care about that.
Speaker 3: And Bengals and Lions.
Speaker 8: At four twenty five, the Texans have scored in the second half. Chubb at twenty seven yard touchdown run. It is thirty one to three. What is the most lopsided home Ravens loss of the hardball era.
Speaker 3: Let's just do this. What points spread is closer today at the end of the game, Texans Ravens Bengals Lions.
Speaker 7: Where Texans Ravens is now or were it made?
Speaker 3: We don't finish because if this is similar to what we see here today.
Speaker 8: This will end forty five ten. Cooper Rush will put a touchdown on the board. I don't know why, Derek Henry still in the game, get established a run down by twenty eight points. Bad matchup for baltim I'll say forty five ten. Okay, So can the Bengals cover thirty five at home?
Speaker 7: We'll get to that in just a second.
Speaker 8: Elsewhere around the NFL, Colts up twenty to three on the Raiders, thirteen to go in the third quarter. Still at the half of New Orleans, Saints lead the Giants sixteen to fourteen. They are getting underway the second half in New Jersey. Cowboys still up twenty three to three on the Jets. Second half underway in Philadelphia, Eagles ten, Broncos three, Dolphins up seventeen to three. Panthers have kicked the field goal in the third quarter seventeen to thirteen. Miami leads twelve to go in the third quarter in that one, And as we just mentioned, the Ravens are getting destroyed at home by the Houston Texans thirty one, two three, And I think Derreck Henry just got stopped on third and two.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 8: Four Pregame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Encore Technologies.
Speaker 7: Check out encore dot tech. Do you want to pick the game?
Speaker 8: Against the spread today, Lions ten and a half point favorites on the road against.
Speaker 3: Let's start here. Are you surprised the numbers ten and a half.
Speaker 8: A little bit because it opened at nine and a half and then it came off because the Bengals played on Monday and when it went back on the board, it didn't move. It was nine and a half. It was ten and a half by Tuesday morning. I thought that Monday night's performance might boost that number just a little bit in Detroit's direction. Yeah, I was thinking like thirteen and a half. Yeah, somewhere around there. The Bengals are at home.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I guess they're at home on taper.
Speaker 7: Geographically they're at home.
Speaker 3: Normally, I find the path and I find the way. I've been unable to do that this week. I don't know how they keep this close. I think the aggressive nature in which Detroit plays defensively is going to be an issue. Aidon Hutchinson is going to be an issue, and I don't know how they stop the offense as currently constructed. Of the Lions, I think Lions win, I think Lions cover.
Speaker 8: I think the Lions are favored. If Joe Burrow is healthy that is a statement against the Bengals. It's also a reflection of how good and talented and well coached the Detroit Lions are, who, by the way, have been awesome on the road.
Speaker 7: Under Dan Campbell. And so the ten and a half isn't just Joe to Jake.
Speaker 8: I think the Lions would not be ten and a half point favorites, but I do think they would be favorite if Joe Burrow were playing quarterback, and I think it would be more than a point or two. I think these are just two teams that look and feel dramatically different because of the quality of Detroit's roster, how it reflects their identity, how well coached it is, how the Lions have taken on the personality of their head coach. And I can't say any of that about the Bengals. So can I see the back door opening? Sure, it's ten and a half NFL games. It happens all the time where team's up seventeen, team at home gets a garbage time touchdown and the back door comes open and it ends up they cover. This is the first time, I think, since before Joe Burrow was drafted, where I look at a game and I don't see a pathway to winning barring Detroit doing what the Bengals did against the Minnesota Vikings. I cannot give myself to a point where they win this football game. I think that it's gonna be a lot like that guy right there who just fell. And I certainly hope that young man is okay. That that gentleman right there sort of personifies the way this season is gone.
Speaker 7: He looked like a tree falling.
Speaker 3: Wow, feels like it feels like a micro cosma what we might win ess here soon.
Speaker 7: He looked like Orlando Brown or a Marius Min's trying to throw a block last week.
Speaker 8: I mean, he just got knocked backwards. He looked like that safety trying to tackle ty Wee Walker yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh, that guy's got to retire from sports.
Speaker 7: That that gentleman right there needs to retire from today.
Speaker 3: Yep y because some days this an't your day.
Speaker 7: Put that guy in the backseat.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the conversation for us tomorrow if it is lopsided?
Speaker 8: So that was my next question, and I think that to me is unfortunately, I fear that's where the conversation is gonna go. Because I'm interested in the score, and I'm interested in the outcome, and I'm interested in what the Bengals think they can do against the Lions. But what I think is really interesting given the fact that, at least from outsiders, the heat on Zach Taylor has never been more intense. Number One, if it's another game where you walk away from it going the Bengals are not prepared, or if the adversity builds and we see and we start to see guys check out, or we start to see fractures among the team, or we start to see sideline meltdowns, all of which are a natural byproduct. Tony Urana one team team, you know what it's like. I'm I've never thought boy Zach has lost his team, but I could certainly see them getting to a point where we say that about this team and this coach this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that is the worst case scenario for today, that they don't only get beat, but they get beat and it feels more like the last two weeks. And if so, can you go back and triple down on Jake Browning? If so, do you still have the locker room? If so, how's the foundation holding up? All to me? Terrifying, right, for Game five, Game five of the season.
Speaker 8: That's the thing, Like we often talk about these things in November or in December, this is this is game five. It's also tony like this team hasn't played well this year. Yeah, they were not very good offensively against the Cleveland Browns. They did enough to beat the Jacksonville Jaguars. I hate to say they got lucky. Thomas makes a catch, the Jaguars close them out, they win that football game. I just I've seen nothing from the Bengals in the two hundred and forty minutes I've watched them play this year that feels like they can beat a team of this caliber, even on their home field. And I think I would feel that way even if number nine were playing. Yeah, sobering it is.
Speaker 7: And then you wonder, as we already have, you wonder even more, how bad might it get?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what those conversations and those press conferences and that weekly message is gonna be going forward with so many games left? Uh huh, how can you keep people interested? It's gonna be the same we're seeing in Baltimore. There's there's almost eight minutes left in the third quarter. Texans are driving up thirty one to three, that could be thirty eight to three in a couple minutes.
Speaker 8: But you know what, I have seen their head coach almost win a playoff game without Lamar Jackson. I mean, John Harball's taking some hit now in Fine. It eventually is gonna, you know, swing to the head coach. But I bring it back to something I talked about earlier with you. I've seen Zach Taylor piece together a game plan and in a performance that has put his team in a position to win a football game that it's not supposed to.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: I've seen him do it before, and I still don't trust him to do it today.
Speaker 3: I'm watching the Culture up twenty six to three with Daniel Jones as their quarterback, right, How like that Daniel Jones lou An Arrumo, who wasn't good enough to coach here? Outcast by the Bengals good defense. It happens everywhere around the NFL.
Speaker 7: By the way.
Speaker 8: That Broncos team that we watched last bad matchup of course, yes, now down seventeen to three on the road to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doing nothing offensive?
Speaker 8: Bad, bad matchup, terrible matchup, terrible matchups? What would the excuse be today four to twenty five. Starts are tough. You know, they had all their practices in the morning that they can morning practice. Morning practice is not fair. They're making them play at four twenty Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Scheduling as tough. Time is tough. Uh, short week Monday night football to Sunday at four twenty five is tough. Just a lot of things working against the Bengals. Will we see Brett Rippon today? Yes, I think we will. Third quarter, I think so, Brett.
Speaker 7: What will the score be by the time we see Brett Rippon in the third quarter?
Speaker 3: Thirty one to three.
Speaker 7: I just pulled.
Speaker 3: What the Ravens are doing right now? We're we're winning. Oh yeah, we're up. We're up thirty one three. So they're like, all right, ripping, get some reps.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pull, pull, Jake, don't put them in harm's way.
Speaker 3: Get set. The green beads and golf have been pulled already. Lions want to protect them. This is the This is the game that solidifies the legacy of Zach Taylor.
Speaker 7: It is and I love being here, and I you know, this is great.
Speaker 8: Back in May, I kept thinking about this week, how much fun this game was going to be and how it was going to be like one of those like regular season battles where you felt like, you know what, both those teams got a shot, Both those those teams might play each other again, and it's framed completely different.
Speaker 7: I like it all right. A couple of things.
Speaker 8: We want to thank the staff here at the Holy Grail, primarily our server Madison, who has just been awesome, incredible, incredible. She has been amazing server of the day here at the Whole. She could have as many of those cheese bread coupons as she wants. Mike Mills for producing on site the absolute best in the business. Yep, he has no peer. Alex Egan producing our show back in Kenwood. Absolute a list are there. You're always in good hands with Alex and all the staff and folks here at the Holy Grail for having us. It's been an absolute blast. Want to make sure you keep it here because I love it here. We are continuing to get set for the game on ESPN fifteen thirty seven hundred double as the Texans had three to go up thirty four to three, five and change to go in the third quarter. Count tend to kick off with Wayne Box Miller is coming up. He will get you set for the Bengals and Lions. The game at four twenty five. Dan Horden, Dave Lap have it. Plenty of postgame coverage all the way until tomorrow morning at like nine am. Yep, Tony and I are together on ESPN fifteen thirty from three to six. We will be in Westchester tomorrow Westchester.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we are looking forward one day midday quarterback will be done to three.
Speaker 7: That's right, six big hours of te Pike Woo on ESPN fifteenth thirty. All right, we are finished, We're done. Bengals and Lions are coming up. Can Cincinnati pull off the upset and end of two game losing screen?
Speaker 3: Can we finished with like a hooday?
Speaker 7: Can we get a hoo day?
Speaker 8: We've just bet the last thirty minutes talking about how they're gonna lose. All right, have an awesome afternoon. Thank you so much for joining as Wayne box Miller is next. This has been the RNL Carriers pregame sports talk show presented You're Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: Is Bengals countdown to kickoff on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 60: Are already catches the shotgun, stam He's in trouble, throws off his back Boo Higgins makes the cat touchdown Bengal.
Speaker 6: The Bengals Countdown to Kickoff has brought to you by paink Or, proud to be the official HR software provider of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 15: To Peep drop he trop before.
Speaker 60: Come here got Pepe Paul for Higgins, Hey, Captain dam Touchdown Bengal.
Speaker 6: Shop the Bengals Pro Shops seven days a week located at Pekor Stadium, Parking Level North, or shop at Bengals dot Com slap Stop. This is the Bengals Countdown to Kickoff on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 68: Good afternoon, and welcome to Countdown to Kickoff on the Cincinnati Bengals Radio Network for today's game between the Detroit Lions and Cincinnati Bengals and Mr Key matchup Wayne Box Willing to count Down to Kickoff host that many thought this would be a Super Bowl preview, but with the injury to Joe Burrow, the Bengals just want to focus on winning this game. After two disappointing outings versus the Vikings and Broncos, they're back home in the stripe, the Jungle Stadium and what should be a loud pay coore crowd expecting them to show up and show out, and we're just hours away from finding out standing by with today's call to the game Back at Home, Dan Hord and Dave Lapham.
Speaker 7: Gentlemen, thank you box.
Speaker 3: Good to be back home. The Bengals have won their only home game this year. They beat Jacksonville in Week two.
Speaker 64: They scored thirty one points in that game and Dave Lapham, it's probably going to take something like thirty one points for the offense to win today.
Speaker 3: This Detroit team, it's awesome on offense,