Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, everybody. Welcome to Friday on the Power Trip. It's January ninth.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to the lovely and talented day Mark Martin Nascar Extraordinary sixty seven years old today. Are you racing fans out there?
Speaker 2: Mark Martin.
Speaker 1: Mad Also JK. Simmons birthday today. A lot of different movies. You'd know the face for sure. Oh yeah, but he was the music teacher in that one thing about the kid who played drums.
Speaker 3: He won an Academy Award for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great film if you have for Whiblash. Yeahblah, Oh, it's so good, dude, that is a great film. And her brown eyes are blue Crystal Gale seventy five years old today. Did you know she was Ready Len's little sister?
Speaker 3: No, how about that? I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Now you do, and now you know it's time for the Neils.
Speaker 3: Yes, in news with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 1: That's weird that, Like, it's not bigger news that Loretta Lynn had a little sister who was also a star. Sure, her brown eyes are blue? Man. Some sixty people were evacuated from the Disneyland monorail on Thursday after a power outage. The monorail stopped near the Space Mountain ride at the theme park in Los Angeles, and I Police said first responders use ladders to get passengers down safely and nobody was injured. There you go, Zach, might it go?
Speaker 3: It is weird how cool the monorail is.
Speaker 4: When you're a kid, you kind of can't believe it, and you grow up and you're like, well, this is just a nice train.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an elevated train. It's sleek for kids.
Speaker 4: It's it's still magical because it feels like especially when you're on the monorail headed to Epcot. No, by the way, saw as you've never been there because your dad didn't take you.
Speaker 3: No spending money on hawk.
Speaker 4: It's just this is kind of cool to see, like the stops and whatnot.
Speaker 3: This is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll go.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to go.
Speaker 1: It has everything to do with the place you're at. Yep, that monorail is awesome because you're at Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. It feels different than a regular mono raili like tech me.
Speaker 4: I was like taking the old the train from the parking ramp to the main terminal at the MSP.
Speaker 3: That's a what that train lasts.
Speaker 4: Twenty seconds maybe less, right, that's a quick drive, maybe twenty seconds. That doesn't feel magical you're at the airport.
Speaker 3: No, it's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: That's why park in green or gold because then you don't need to take the train.
Speaker 3: Look at you give you you.
Speaker 2: Always always tried, you and a million other people Chris.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They they'll pull in there and I get the dirty looks when I pull in, and then I hop out and there like.
Speaker 3: Oh got it great.
Speaker 1: That's one of new favorite bit.
Speaker 4: We don't even remember his last name because who cares doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 1: You ever, like take a trip like to say Mexico, and you get the runs and you're like, man, I don't want to go to the doctor in Mexico, you know, I mean.
Speaker 3: I didn't started that he did.
Speaker 4: He stayed in his room for I don't know days day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was door screen door, in the dark the whole time.
Speaker 1: And then he came home and there was a like he had a lesion on his buttocks that he have cut open.
Speaker 3: I believe that's accurate.
Speaker 1: That's true, yeah, because that is Yeah, the no was probably puss.
Speaker 3: Not a bunk he did it rain like cloudy with a chance of meatballs out of his yead puss. Yeah, he did the podcast, dare you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the what's the guy's name again? He in sync? Yeah, anyway, So that's bad. But this is NASA says the ISS crew is returning to Earth early because of a medical situation with a crew member, and NASA announced that a news conference. There's the unnamed crew member is quote in stable condition. Holy moly, the hell happened.
Speaker 3: That's gotta suck.
Speaker 1: That's gotta suck.
Speaker 3: Like if you live in the Sticks.
Speaker 2: And you have a medical emergency, yeah, and you're like, all right, it's gonna take the ambulance fifteen minutes to get here. That seems like forever if you're in outer space.
Speaker 3: Correct, my god, how have we not just had a heart attack and die? Yeah? Right, I mean you're just you're stuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they'm just thinking if you died in outer space and they just had to hang out with you just floating there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think for at least a week, and you do the weekend at Bernie's with him. You got to make fun, right, last good weekend on the International Space Station with.
Speaker 1: Max, I should give you guys permission to do that too. Just have fun with my body. Allians like everybody listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you've always said, you know, like again, if if you go missing, don't go looking right right.
Speaker 3: I think what we would do is just.
Speaker 4: Gently push you out the iss window and just watch you slowly float away, much.
Speaker 3: Like George Clooney and Gravity.
Speaker 1: You'd see for the first time a corpse smile.
Speaker 4: That wouldn't be the first time. I think, by the way, you know how we always say, like you know, the critics aren't not written in stone. If the critics like something, you don't have to like it, and vice versa.
Speaker 3: You can, we can all. We all love terrible movies.
Speaker 4: I think that is the movie that I'm the most the opposite on, because that Gravity is a critically acclaimed love fest and I didn't like any of it.
Speaker 1: Like that, I'm the opposite, is opposite. My memory of that is not. That doesn't seem acturate to me. I'll tell you why. I think you liked the movie. You hated the ending so much that it ruined the movie.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't like the Only thing I liked about it was how beautiful like the scenes were, but I was bored from day from the second it started.
Speaker 3: I remember that and.
Speaker 4: The writing at the end with Sandra Bullock saying no harm, no follow, I'm like, this is so dumb.
Speaker 3: Like I just so I was bored.
Speaker 4: And I also just didn't like that that every time that little space debris storm came through, I'm like, I just can't believe they were continuing to survive.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just never got into it, never liked it, and then obviously really really hated the ending.
Speaker 3: Then it's like ninety six percent on Rotten Tomatoes, and it was a huge deal and everybody loves gravity, and i'd like you to watch it again. Man, I don't think I can get myself to do it because I disliked it so much when I saw and I saw it in the theater. That's what we're supposed to be great what ten years ago twenty thirteen.
Speaker 4: Almost everybody that saw it loved it, so you would probably like it.
Speaker 3: I just I couldn't get over it. Bullock's character's name, I.
Speaker 1: Remember, there's short, working.
Speaker 3: Short. I think they're all short, Ryan Stone.
Speaker 1: These were half a cheek out love it? Yeah, me too, man, Under boob under cheek.
Speaker 4: Off the top of your head, though, can you guys think of a movie that's like ninety five percent plus on Rotten Tomatoes that you're like, that movie flat out sucks, don't like it at all?
Speaker 3: Well, I know there's one.
Speaker 1: I can't think of it that one movie that I'm the only person in the world that didn't like Parasite.
Speaker 4: See, I love parait the one Best Picture. It was fantastic. Yeah, but yeah, just didn't do anything for you. I thought it was awesome.
Speaker 3: This isn't me. But Inception was eighty seven percent. Yeah, I don't really like that.
Speaker 5: Fantastic Let's see here, I'm just going through the lift.
Speaker 3: I mean almost Singing in the Rain was terrible. I'm just kidding. I've never seen it.
Speaker 4: You would almost have to just start with Best Picture winners that you don't like, because overwhelmingly.
Speaker 3: They're going to be in the ninety plus percent.
Speaker 5: Did you see Godzilla minus one twice? Yeah, it's outstanding, right, fantastic?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Ninety nine?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, the hurt Locker. I hated that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had good reason, and it was not Well, it's a soul fake and fraudulent, and the audience eighty four percent.
Speaker 4: That's that is all based on knowledge of right because the rest of us loved it because we didn't know how he inaccurate some of the scenes were. We just assumed that's how it works. But I totally understand why you wouldn't like it.
Speaker 1: The crease there is a aren't it. I forget the podcaster's name, but he's a former I think maybe a former seal and he does his own podcast, Sean maybe something or other. It'll come to me in a minute. I'm looking through my my feed anyway. Uh yeah, a Sean Ryan showed. Do you familiar with Sean Ryan?
Speaker 3: I'm familiar with it.
Speaker 1: He had a guy who was truly a member of a seal, Tim six on. If you ever want to listen to true Badasses tell Stories, you got to listen to this podcast. You can watch it. So I only saw this clip and I loved it so much. And it's something you kind of thing drives you crazy, you talking about all the time. But he had and he was home. He was I think he's retired, and he was he signed up to be a crosswalk guard for his kids' school and his first day of doing it, he shows up and here comes this giant guy walking over who was also going to be on the on the Crosswalk crew, who was wearing a Seal Team six hat. And there's no such thing as Seal Team six hats for people who actually wear in Seal Team six and so he raises his eyebrown. This guy doesn't look anything like the other guy.
Speaker 3: The other guy, he.
Speaker 1: Said was huge. This guy looks like normal, due right, yeah, and he's like, oh. So the guy comes back over and the real Seal guy goes, were you in the Seals? And the guy goes, I don't like to talk about it. He goes, Seal Team six, weren't you guys the ones that got Osama? And the guy goes, again, I don't like to talk about it, and then.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 5: It, and the real Seal goes, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: There's only like twenty of us that exist, and I don't think I've ever met.
Speaker 3: You, oh man, And that's all that needs to be said.
Speaker 2: That's said, and then you just go ahead and hold that flag over there, make sure these kids don't get run over, and everything's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine out?
Speaker 3: I see it all the time. I can't believe all the time. It's insane.
Speaker 2: And and you're just like there's been people when Tim worked at a bank, there's someone that was kind of pulling that deal and they're like, yeah, I served with John Criesel, And I'm like, why would you even want to say that, honestly, because like, I'm not. I wasn't in the seals. I was in a vehicle that drove over a bomb tremendously not glamorous, okay, not anything to brag about.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And Tim was like, oh, that's strange because I also served with him, and that guy got just back peddling, back pedaling. And then Tim was like, all right, someone else helped this guy, because otherwise I'm going to beat the pistols.
Speaker 3: What is the what's the angle there?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: I don't know because.
Speaker 2: And this is why I don't like the guy who's who shot Bin Laden is he went on a high rade last year or something, just destroying people who are non combat arms. And it's like, these are the people that we need if they were.
Speaker 1: First those non combat arms.
Speaker 2: You are non combat arms kill, but people like ripping support staff and all of that. Those are people we need. Those are so I'll never understand why someone, whether they're a clerk, typist or Seal Team six, don't embalance your service.
Speaker 3: Be proud of it.
Speaker 2: You did more than ninety nine percent of the public volunteered to do. But it is, Chris, it is. I have a million stories and you just it doesn't even make me mad. I laugh because that person is sad something's missing in their life that they why lie about it?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the sphincter clench well?
Speaker 2: And what are the chances that the way with it forever until he ran into the dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, I'll tell you some of the stories. You hear that the combat stories from these men and women that they tell on that guy show, you can't believe.
Speaker 3: No, it's nuts.
Speaker 1: And you can tell when they're telling the story. And then there's the other guys who are completely unhinged, and the look in their eye you can tell they wish they were there right now. Oh yeah, you know, like that's a that's a button that's been pushed in them that they're going to miss for the rest of.
Speaker 3: Their lives for sure.
Speaker 2: And then they chase the dragon and you know some people will then yeah, they'll sign up to be a.
Speaker 3: Contractor in go over and handle business.
Speaker 2: And that's the one part of hurt Locker I like spoiler alert, but you've all had time to see it if you haven't, is when he comes back and he's in the grocery store and he's just like, you can tell something's missing, and it's that takes a minute and then you adjust to life and it's fine. But if you're trying to replicate that, you're never going to again.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: That's the Christ Kyle bit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right right. You know there's one more thing about that too. There's a gentleman on there who taught who was actually involved in black Hawk Down and the exact appsode what you're saying. He's like, I've never seen a more accurate movie depicting correctly.
Speaker 2: Yeah obviously I wasn't there. Yeah, it's like totally different theater of operations. But I've heard the same.
Speaker 1: What a terrible situation, I mean terrible.
Speaker 2: And tremendously avoidable too. They were just put on an island. There was no support and it's kind of the opposite. Now is where our militaries evolved a lot since then. We learned from our mistakes, and now if something happens, there is always helped nearby.
Speaker 1: Listen to Sean Ryan Piewist. I think you'd think it is it a recent one? Yeah, the one I'm talking about is less than a year ago. But he's got a bunch of them on there.
Speaker 2: I'll be able to find that one something else. Yeah, hell yeah, which reminds me. I'd be remiss to if I failed to mention that. Nineteen years ago today, we lost Jimmy Waska in an attack where he told his men he knew that there was a vehicle I had you saw it, and it was something weird about it.
Speaker 3: This spidy senses went.
Speaker 2: Up and he told his men lay down in this ditch, take cover, I'm going to check this out. And he went up there and it blew up and so he saved his men. Wow, nineteen years ago today, Yeah, alrightp yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: To one of the goats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris, I know you gets to go. Yes, I would love to book you to come talk to my people. I don't have any people, Yeah you do? Who would? How would I get hold of you?
Speaker 2: You should go to John cresol dot com. Book me for a speaking engagement, whether it's local, national, small group, big group. John Cresa dot com, I love you guys. Happy super Wildcard weekend. I hope it's a great one and I will see you next Friday.
Speaker 4: See you next Friday, It goes John criesel all right, zos with sports. In a second, Mark Parrish is walking the room. I know Marnie Gillner is right around the corner as well. Initial is an hour from now. This is the power Trip Morning Joe on the Fan.
Speaker 5: Remember that teacher who made a difference. Now is your chance to say thanks with iheartradios think a teacher powered by donors choose I'm a an outstanding public school teacher to win five thousand dollars for astroom supplies. This week's winner is Alexandra Morocca. Ah Morocca, a general music teacher at Red Rock Elementary School, nominated teacher to thank today Aturady dot com slash teacher, thank you for If you were in a band, I think Moroccas.
Speaker 3: Would be a good call for you or the Triangle.
Speaker 1: Trying to look he already brought his Moroccas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could you not shake him for one segment your segments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't let him go?
Speaker 3: All right? Are you ready? I'm ready? Yeah, there's Mark Parrish, He's ready.
Speaker 5: I oh heck, Yeah, what the hell's Marny fan?
Speaker 1: Five? All around your timber Tech deck building.
Speaker 3: Contractor thanks all around?
Speaker 5: Last night, Miami beat ole Miss thirty one twenty seven to advance to the College Football Championship, which will take place a week from Monday. They await the winner of Oregon and number one ranked Indiana Hawk Tonight, it's six thirty in the Chick fil A Peach Bowl. The Hoosiers are a three and a half point favorite. Indiana beat them in Oregon earlier this season, thirty to twenty.
Speaker 1: Tell me one more time? What's what's the spread? Three and a half Indiana's favor Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of people are picking an Oregon. I completely get it. It's impossible to get over the idea that it's Indiana and they're the better team. But everything you've seen from them shows they are. They're the more disciplined, more talented team. They just are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do hate that Miami gets to play the national championship game at home. And I don't mean I hate it because I just I think it's an unfair advantage. But that's how it goes. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys want a weird thirty seconds behind the scenes. Oh God, yes, ask yeah, until boys go. So I just think two funny things happen in the last ten minutes. So we have a lot of listeners in today, right. You know, we used to have this place packed pre code, it'd be like twenty people a week.
Speaker 3: Now it's like, what two or four. This is the most we've had in a while.
Speaker 4: So there's people that are directly behind me right now, and sometimes I forget that there's people behind me. So these three or four gentlemen have seen two if they're paying attention, I've seen.
Speaker 3: Two interesting things in the last ten minutes.
Speaker 4: When they walked in. The Google that I had up, you guys know what it was because it was a group Google. The Google that I had up was ten men that are paralyzed get erections.
Speaker 3: And then right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys notice, and then these these guys watched it happen live. As soon as Sauces Sports started, I went to the button bar and hovered the the arrow over a button that simply says, Sauce screw up.
Speaker 3: So they watched me.
Speaker 4: Get ready just in case in the next ten minutes you screw up, So these guys will be like, what the hell is he doing?
Speaker 3: Criss your hands up, don't worry about worry about it. But if you have the answer, we did find the answer. Oh you did. Okay, you found the answer. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, Sauce, the arrow is hovering over the Sauce screw up button, which sounds like this, but so far.
Speaker 3: Off to a good starting, Patrick Thorne, off to a good start.
Speaker 5: Continue the Wild scores right, Yes, two goals in the first period.
Speaker 3: Nailed it.
Speaker 5: They didn't score again until the game winner in ots. Now Corella.
Speaker 3: Look always adds the a Google more boners. He had the.
Speaker 4: Title of the podcast, the title of the podcast.
Speaker 5: He won the game You're Wild or twenty six, eleven and eight. They've now tied with the Stars at sixty points and they battle Perry's Islanders here tomorrow at seven right here on the fans and.
Speaker 4: Forget the fan how about find a way to watch Islander TV?
Speaker 3: Because Paris shall be msg MSc.
Speaker 1: Hockey minuted with Mark Parrish, Brought to you by our friends at Saint Cloud State University.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you very much, Saint Cloud State University and go Huskies. Yeah, you know, the wild there's so much belief in that room. It's it's incredible. They just know that they can win any hockey game, and that they can win in hockey the way that they kind of knocked out Seattle after Seattle being arguably the most hot, the hottest team in the NHL, and they just kind of just keep going along and doing their business. It's a very much taking care of business attitude about it, and and it's it's it's one of those where now it's they're they're chasing down Colorado. I mean, we talk about it every year how strong the Central Division is, and this year, all you have to do is look at the Western Conference standings and see how strong the Western Conference is. Because the top three in the Central Minnesota, Dallas and of course the Beast Colorado that finally lost its third game are leading the charge. And so they're right there and the best teams in the in the Western Conference, and that's the reason that they have an opportunity to make a run at the Cup.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: Well, Tom shann Zacho your thoughts yeah, I mean, Brock favorite a hell of a game, scored a goal and then in the overtime came back and stopped an odd man rush. Wow it was able to feed Carill, who then feeds Zukarilla for the game winning goal.
Speaker 3: But no, it was a great, great effort. They blew the lead in the third.
Speaker 5: That's not fun, but they got the job done, finished off a very successful road trip all things considered, and well now hopefully get some more points here at home. Before well before, I mean we were only a few weeks away from the All Star that.
Speaker 1: Olympic Olympic biak So Hi marnsy warnseay morning Russo was.
Speaker 4: On with Berrero last night talking about that that you know, a good chunk of the wild are not a part of the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Clearly we have some people that are headed there. Yeah, but Carill's not right. All the Russians are not.
Speaker 4: And might be a nice time for rest win a lot of the Avalanche and so on and so forth out battling for Olympic gold.
Speaker 5: So that's a look to the Canadians. But that's their top defensive line, is right, Oh yeah, yeah, hus And.
Speaker 6: It's still yeah, they're going to be a big guys player that are going to be playing. It's not it's not necessarily a negative, but on the flip side of it, yeah, rest is a weapon, especially at this point of the season. All the bumps and bruises are adding up, and well, you know, maybe that happens every now and then, uh, you know, but especially when you look at ninety seven capriz off, you take him off the ice and let those legs rest. That just that adds to a little bit more fear of playing us coming down the stretch, playing.
Speaker 1: The wild, coming down the stretch like.
Speaker 3: Me at the Auto Show.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like, according to Russo, that Carill is going to Colorado for some altitude training during his quote break that doesn't really take good altitude training does and then he's just going to Florida, I guess. So it's a little bit of working in the mountains and then a little bit of beach time.
Speaker 1: Like Rocky four.
Speaker 5: Russian thing I've ever heard altitude training going up in the mountains and then heading out to the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, let's go es basically kill him off.
Speaker 3: Who we're talking about, Yep, it's probably closed.
Speaker 1: Don't look at me.
Speaker 3: Like that PA might want to know.
Speaker 4: Well, what's funny is before these listeners walked in, I actually said that to you guys, I go, I'm just going to leave this up.
Speaker 3: So when PA SAIDs here, he's like, what the hell were they googling? He's taking a pounding. I totally forgot about it. When the listeners walked in, I'm like, son up a bit. Hi, Marn's good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning. I'm should I come over and see what's on the screen.
Speaker 3: Or I just said, what does tell you? The rest of the story? Off the are number two.
Speaker 5: At some point, the Wolves beat the Calves one thirty one one two for their fourth straight win.
Speaker 3: Randall led twenty eight and had twenty five.
Speaker 5: There were at the cabs tomorrow at high noon, high noon, Hi, hello.
Speaker 7: Fun game last night.
Speaker 8: Jaden McDaniel's twenty six points that was a big deal. And he had nineteen on Tuesday, so Jaden's been kind of quiet offensively, so to see that was big. All five starters for the Wolves were in double figures by halftime. Think about that, and they all had either eleven or twelve points.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 8: That was the balance. So we're in a good spot right now, guys, last week we were all I don't know, we were on our knees. We were praying, we didn't know what to do, Rosie. And whatever happened in Atlanta, whatever was said, whatever was fixed, addressed, corrected, has been awesome and we won four straight since then, and looks like the Wolves are in a really good spot.
Speaker 3: Right here we go.
Speaker 5: All your hands up, can Hawk and Perish? Name three all time cab Leer players? Well before I even give my opinion, what's yours? Since you brought it up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: No? Three? Yeah, man, it might just be one.
Speaker 7: I was just going to say, they get too.
Speaker 3: I think it's only one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we definitely don't have a bet go for it beyond the one.
Speaker 1: Let's see, well obviously mister Parrish and Lebron.
Speaker 3: Yeah there's the one.
Speaker 1: I think you had a teammate.
Speaker 6: We Oh, man, I think it wasn't. I think didn't Kevin Love get traded there?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, good call. Yes, Kevin Love is definitely another one.
Speaker 3: That's two too. I did not expect Kevin Love. I did not. He did neither.
Speaker 1: Kawhi Leonard? Could that be? I have no idea just to name there's another teammate that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was a couple I think, but I mean a big name guy.
Speaker 1: Do you want to do? You want to do? Would you say? Why?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not? Don't do?
Speaker 3: Why was his Lenard Leonard final answer? Yeah? This pronunciation counter not Sauce No, because either way it's wrong. Yeah, Jack, Yeah, Kawhi leanderd never played there. You might have been thinking of I've giving you a way too much credit credit. But Kyrie that's it as his teammate.
Speaker 1: That's it, Kyrie Irving. Okay, that's him.
Speaker 3: That's the one. That's who you were thinking of. Marrow Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the one. Yea, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh nice job, Mark, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Almost got there?
Speaker 1: Yeaheah.
Speaker 5: Sauce continue The Rams battle the Panthers in Super wild Card Weekend tomorrow. The Rams are a ten and a half point favorite. That game is at three thirty tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Do it? Do it? I mean why not? You know, I don't care. Let's cheer for the upset, be sweet to see it. Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Then the Bears host the Packers tomorrow. The Packers are a one and a half point favorite. That game is on Prime.
Speaker 1: Is that three?
Speaker 3: That's its seventh.
Speaker 5: That's the seven is that we just said and probably not on because of the wild that's the that's correct. And then I think there's a triple header on Sunday on this station, Bills at Jacksonville. The Bills are one and a half point favorite. The forty nine Ers fly all the way to Philly. They will battle the Eagles. Eagles are a five and a half point favorite. Then the Patriots host the Chargers. The Patriots are a three and a half point favorite on Sunday Night football. Larren's got a Charger right now?
Speaker 3: That yeah.
Speaker 5: And then to round out Super wild Card weekend, Steelers host the Texans. Houston is a three point favorite.
Speaker 4: Four road dogs or sorry other way on four road favorite favorite, which is crazy. Yeah, but uh, I don't know. I think all of them seem fair. The only one that I'm a little confused about is the Packers and Bears. Oh, I'm a little surprised the Packers are favorite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Bears needed a miracle to beat him the one time, the last time they played.
Speaker 3: I think, Wow, I don't think they beat them fully healthy though, Yeah, I mean, is Jordan Love even one percent? Or were they just arresting him. Yeah, he was just resting. He was the backup last week. No he's not dead. No, he's not dead, Rosie. Hey, didn't they even get rid of Clayton Tune in the last week? Yeah, they cut him.
Speaker 4: They cut him, the guy that started against the Vikings in week eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they cut him. Not even on the team. No, not even on the team. They couldn't even like, Oh, did they give him tickets to the game. I don't think so. I doubt know. He's probably gonna buy him. Did I come over to watch? Yeah? I mean sure, ros coming Overlayton? Yeah, okay, is he dead? No, just just released some careers.
Speaker 7: Just got some stitches and band aids and stuff.
Speaker 5: I love to catch. Hey, whatever you're doing in their football games? Man, anything else?
Speaker 1: Reals?
Speaker 3: Oh, fls were good. A lot of sports this weekend.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's all you got? Yeah, okay, it was like fifteen minutes we learned what Corey was googling.
Speaker 3: That's hot. That was a group google.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 3: I mean John did it on his phone? Your co pilot, I go, let's just google it. Yeah, you're right, yeah, he goes. I'll ask co pilot like, oh, I got it. I does do it. Yeah, I'll leave it on this computer for Pa to ree later. I still haven't closed it out. I'll just leave it up. He'll sit down and go Yeah, I know that. I can't wait to find out the answer. We did. He wasn't in the room. He left the room.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean he made like live in person. What are the odds he thinks he left it on from yesterday?
Speaker 3: He might he might definitely might have. Marnie is here, Parish has here. In about forty minutes or so, we'll play Initials.
Speaker 4: One of you listeners gets a crack at one hundred and seven thousand dollars. That is so much money thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union in the Initials jackpot.
Speaker 3: That's about forty minutes from now. We'll do Vikings news Slash whatever else.
Speaker 1: After that. I saw.
Speaker 3: Back at home for the first time.
Speaker 5: Sin's twenty twenty five, The Wild face off with the New York Islanders tomorrow night. Puck drop is just after seven o'clock. Here every goal, every save, and every game changing moment right here in your home for a Wild hockey kfan.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, Good morning, marns Eh Marco. Good morning, good morning, good morning. Everybody's eating cookies. Ain't fair. I ain't have it was a good They are incredible. They sound like they're good. There's a lot of well they sound like sauce. I mean the first four that he ate sounds like you love.
Speaker 3: It only half of one?
Speaker 7: How do you let me do that?
Speaker 3: Why do I let him eat that much? I can't stopple because I'm not good anything else. No, you're great, mister, A receptacle of his joke.
Speaker 1: Oh my, do you to stop you?
Speaker 6: Thatt specifically got a change real quick.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: All right, if you have time day on your board and you're hanging around, maybe you're working, you're sick of it, and you want to look at Jimmy Page is eighty two years old today. We all know the the lead guitar player for led Zepplin. Everything he did, but check out all the stuff he did before he played in led Zeppelin. He was a studio guitarist. The amount of songs that you know that he played the guitar on you will not believe. So check that out, right, like two turns and hand baskets, your dad's ring tone? Right, Yeah, you gotta stop calling him, by the way, especially when he's in.
Speaker 3: Church, the church that morning.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Also, you neglected it does seem judging.
Speaker 3: The book, who's great film?
Speaker 1: It is very very good.
Speaker 3: Yea, let me alone. The combination of Ali and Travolta should have been just epic. Yeah, but they really never got out beyond that bubble of who's talking. Yeah, what a combo those two were.
Speaker 5: It really were made very check rip Christy All, yeah, she passed away, She sure did.
Speaker 3: That's what the rip part was for.
Speaker 1: Forgotten about that.
Speaker 5: We're so.
Speaker 3: I don't know, let me google it. Leave it up for a pa.
Speaker 1: Wait, out of context. People are wondering, what the hell I just asked a question for him. The Minnesota Twins of lockdown all but one of their arbitration eligible players. The Twins struck deals with six players to avoid arbitration yesterday. However, all star pitcher Joe Ryan did not sign a deal before yesterday's deadline. Minnesota and Ryan will have an arbitration hearing before the start of twenty twenty six. For people who don't know, does anybody know what that means?
Speaker 3: Arbitration?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have an arbiter come help them out like that. It's more or less that, you know, it's the right that the players or teams are, you know, depending on how to have a right to ask for that. So they more or less bring their cases or like what they've been arguing their side and their amounts that they think is the reason why. So so like they'll have other players, you know, making what they make that have the similar stats, you know what I mean. So so they'll they'll have their to that and so the team will say, just for instance, this is why he can make ten million dollars, and he's going to go in, this is why I should make thirty million dollars, And the arbiter, the third party will come in and and say this is what you should, this is.
Speaker 1: What you deserve.
Speaker 3: So for example, like let's say a sauce is like I want a million dollars and my heart's like how about ten k? And a pat on the back? Yes.
Speaker 4: Then an arbiter comes in and says, well, I've read both cases.
Speaker 3: How does thirty thousand dollars a year sound?
Speaker 4: And he doesn't have any case or he doesn't have any say because the arbiter decides what the payment is based on both arguments exactly we're talking about, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, even though it's about me. I moved on.
Speaker 1: But here's my question though, like is he still under contract?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so why does he get to renegotiate his deal if he's still under contract?
Speaker 6: Of Baseball's all part of their CBA Elective Bargaining agreement.
Speaker 5: Right, and is it Trek schoobl yes, Detroit guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: He wants thirty million, thirty one million, which I think would be the record.
Speaker 3: So he is going to arbitration. I think that is what I read. How does arbitration work? What parish?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, like in your own words, So like you have two people, like in my case, I don't get to talk to anybody but Abbott all the rest of you get to talk to like.
Speaker 1: You know, not anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so I.
Speaker 5: Deal with Abbot. Abbott says, this is all we can do, and I say, well, this is what I think I have. Then I pretend that I have an agent, my dad who's bored with me already, and he says, yeah, just sign it, and then I sign it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well then yeah, all right, so I think we all asked you. That's kind of yeah, better, thank you. So there you go. So Joe Ryan, he's gonna get paid. I like that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great dude. Not one hundred percent confirmed, but two weeks from today we might have a Minnesota twin play initials.
Speaker 7: One stunning package.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll find out in two weeks because it's somebody that has never been on the Power Trip morning shows. Mark couldn't do it right, Not in two weeks.
Speaker 4: No, at some point this year he still wants to do it, but Jeffers is not the player. Two weeks agree, Well, we'll see. We're gonna try to lock it in. I think it's likely, but it's not one hundred percent yet.
Speaker 1: That'd be great, big.
Speaker 6: Name to them.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: We're not going to get good No, no, they hate no. But this is one of the good ones, one of the good ones.
Speaker 1: Will Record has taken home some hardware. The second year Viking kicker was named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Month yesterday. Record hit all twelve of his field goal attempts and all twelve of his extra point attempts over the last five weeks. At the season.
Speaker 4: It is crazy, not necessarily I know there was a guy that hit the the uprights last night.
Speaker 1: For all, it was so loud, too loud that it sounded like somebody hit a hell's bells.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just boom it came.
Speaker 4: And like when you're watching the actual broadcast, you can't tell if it doinks still through the upp right, So you know what I'm saying, Like, I couldn't tell where it was still still get it wrecked later, but they showed it from the other angle. It came flying back into the fields, so it wasn't even close. But my point is, how many times have you seen a college football game come down to the wire and a kid's kicking a thirty yarder and you're nervous as well, because in college football it's not even close to automatic. And then we have a guy like Will Riker for the Vikings that's so automatic from like fifty plus it is so weird when he misses because he's such a machine.
Speaker 1: That was the thing about that Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Ravens game last week. The kid missed a pat and then the next i mean the next drive, the kid missed a chip shot field goal back to back and it cost them the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a machine.
Speaker 7: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Will's so good that you getting you almost forget. It's like an offensive lineman that doesn't get mentioned. Right, That means he's doing his job because he's not drawing penalties or getting beat in giving up sacks.
Speaker 3: Will Riker, It's just like, yeah, what is this fifty seven that's probably going through? Got it? It's like, it's he's so good, we don't even discuss him. He's the best draft picks.
Speaker 1: They have a normal even like I don't know him at all, but just he just seems like a boring normal kid man. Right, you would never know what what you mean? Like, and where was it? We were at some stadium somewhere and they wouldn't let him in because he didn't look like a player. I'm not kidding. Yeah that really happened. Yeah, man, is he good though? How lucky?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a super stupid to say it.
Speaker 4: He's a super Bowl caliber kicker, right if this was the super Bowl and you're like, man, we need Riker to hit this from fifty one or we're screwed. It's going through. As the kids would the opposite of Gary.
Speaker 6: And just need to get him that opportunity that's the hard part.
Speaker 3: We're gonna it might have to be Will rekerd Junior. Oh, Corey, you just ripped the twins. That's not new anyway. No, Will record kicks ass.
Speaker 1: He does, so congratulations. Will there you go and kicks balls?
Speaker 3: It sure does. Yeah, him and Will Riker Junior. What now you made it weird.
Speaker 1: You made it real weird because that was one loss.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a kicker as well as what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I got it ole miss I robbed last night at the end of the game versus Miami. No hail Mary and uh it was past interference, but I didn't get called, so that did happen. So Miami moves on and we find out tonight who they will face Oregon in Indiana tonight. Hey, I was gonna ask this yesterday. Do you guys know, do you think because there's multiple playoff games that they're playing multiple different bowl games, do they get the like the Rose Bowl package and then the Citrus Bowls?
Speaker 3: They must they must, like the kids must get the gift bags and each stop. I would think they do. Oh yeah, YEA.
Speaker 1: Lovely and talented zacho, sir. What on this date in what year did Apple launch iTunes.
Speaker 5: That would have been a question. I think early two thousands. I think, oh one.
Speaker 1: Financer or two.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm completely wrong. Maybe it was late nineties. I'm gonna say, oh one.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be right. Wow, exactly, Jerry Night. Two thousand and one, Apple launches iTunes, a media player that revolutionized the way people consume iPods.
Speaker 4: Man which is aff where the word podcast comes from.
Speaker 3: It's from the iPod.
Speaker 1: I never thought about that, said, I didn't think of that either.
Speaker 3: They were shows that you could listen to on your iPod.
Speaker 1: Bill Kincaid and Jeff Robin, two former Apple employees, developed an MP three player called sound Jam in the late thirteen nineties. In two thousand, Apple re hired them and their partner, Dave Heller to work on a similar player that would come become standard with Apple computers. The first version of iTunes day abut early the next year, on the cusp of a new digital era.
Speaker 3: iPods were sweet. Yeah remember those game once you can yeah minis or suffle shuffle yeah, shuffles. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There was a nano.
Speaker 3: H Dana was Yeah. They still had a screen.
Speaker 1: Remember when you had a nano and you kept trying to peel it, Sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not smart. I get pointed that out about every five seconds.
Speaker 1: Got you think the room, Let's.
Speaker 3: Go around the room.
Speaker 4: Does Sauce get the joke that Chris just said yes or no?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, because he moved on pretty quickly. He does get it, Martie, Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's that salted that you even had to Yeah, I know, Sauce explain it.
Speaker 3: It's like a banana that we all had faith my accused, not four.
Speaker 1: My accused.
Speaker 5: Said that more like Forrest Gumpany try it sling blades here?
Speaker 1: Sorry, but you like a verb lower man?
Speaker 3: All right? H did you have a uh an iPod nano? I think so? Yeah? Yeah they were great. They really were. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's yea thinner than a number two pencil. Yeah that I could fit a thousand songs in your pocket.
Speaker 1: I din't think you're talking about right.
Speaker 3: Here's a dumb question. You see, we don't we don't all know everything. I never had a number one pencil or number three pencil? What the hell is the number two? Don't answer that, christ isn't it the lead or the size or no idea?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know whether a reference. Yeah, because the amount of lead or what type? Yeah, the type of.
Speaker 1: Leg I'm gonna look it up, but I'm almost positive I'm right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they never seen a one or a three.
Speaker 3: Lead is lead.
Speaker 4: It's an element, so it must be like what it's mixed with, like if it's graph fighters, like, it must be the percentage of lead.
Speaker 7: If I don't tell you how much time I've spent zero seconds.
Speaker 1: A number one pencil has a very soft dark lead, meaning it has a has more graph fight and less clay. Okay, making a glide smoothly for dark bold lines ideal for drawing and shading, but smudging easily and wearing downs fast.
Speaker 8: So like artists who have an array of pencils would have a one and a.
Speaker 3: Three like Jack Dawson definitely has a lot of one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even to day.
Speaker 7: To draw the French growth.
Speaker 1: To this day, I love having a brand new pencil.
Speaker 3: It's the best.
Speaker 7: I don't remember one that you have to sharpen or a mechanical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like mechanics, but I break those two easy because I have right so hard.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, I never use a pencil quite bragging.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Matt.
Speaker 7: Markers only moost you got the name right.
Speaker 8: I well, I am left handed and I could never find a pencil that did not smear.
Speaker 7: Because of my dragging my hands.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I like a pen didn't know you were lefty. Do you do you throw left handed? Swing left handed?
Speaker 1: I go both ways.
Speaker 8: I right left handed. I eat left handed, I throw ball right handed. I golf right handed.
Speaker 1: Kidding.
Speaker 8: I brush my teeth left handed, left handed, ye, go on. And I put my makeup on on the right side of my face with my right hand.
Speaker 7: And the left side of my face with my left hand.
Speaker 3: Wow. Haw, So I don't know. You can tell.
Speaker 7: I'm not wearing makeup today. You a whole don't.
Speaker 1: Need to You're so pretty, okay, I did not.
Speaker 8: I have been using a vitamin C serum in the morning in a retinal serum at night.
Speaker 3: These barbs recommendations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's trying to get you back in the game.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it does sound like are you greater than Yeah?
Speaker 3: That upper bluff thing or whatever, right, that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, heavy eyelids.
Speaker 3: Trying to open her eyes. What is that thing that she said you needed again? Upper bless.
Speaker 7: For hooded eyelands makeup tips.
Speaker 3: Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 7: I heard that, but he said he did not have plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: SmartLess. He said, he doesn't understand where this is coming from.
Speaker 8: Don't you think he's just manipulate the words that what he had was a cosmetic procedure and it was not plastic surgery, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was no plastic involved.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Well said, yeah, it's I think after I said this yesterday, I think I thought about it as much as you've thought about number two Pence.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, but you might be right, but I moved on immediately. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Maybe that is the difference cosmetic versus plastic.
Speaker 1: Could I left turn it right back to basketball for a minute to get into Money's good graces.
Speaker 7: I wish you would thank you.
Speaker 1: On this date. In nineteen seventy two, the longest winning streak and major professional sports were snapped when the Milwaukee Bucks beat the Los Angeles Lakers. How long was that winning streak?
Speaker 3: Oh? Good question.
Speaker 1: The longest winning streak and major professional sports were snapped on the state in nineteen seventy two when the Bucks beat the Lakers. How long do you think that winning streak was.
Speaker 8: I'm going to say that was thirty seven games.
Speaker 3: I think it's in the thirties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first in the right track, I was thinking of the same thing, thirty four.
Speaker 3: I'll go thirty three, thirty two, thirty one. We hit half of the thirties.
Speaker 1: It was thirty three.
Speaker 3: Damn we got it.
Speaker 1: Here's the irony of the whole situation. The person who was responsible for beating the Los Angeles Lakers was Kareem Abdul Jabbar, who at the time played for the bus. How about that? Yeah, thirty three games in her own basketball. That's the really something that's any sport. That's incredible. Yeah, I guess you're right. So there you have it. Are you guys interested in that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, sounded enthusias Yes.
Speaker 5: So yeah, just sucks that they moved to LA and put on a freaking dynasty or whatever.
Speaker 1: They were a dynasty and they were here too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I fear where you're coming from. True, the old Armory down the great.
Speaker 4: So you're saying you'd rather have the Lakers and the Timberwolves, Yeah, wouldn't you?
Speaker 3: Wow? I mean we'll never know knowing us half the battle. I like the name better.
Speaker 4: I don't think Kobe Bryant would have asked to be traded from Charlotte to Minneapolis.
Speaker 3: Wanted to be a king who was the Minneapolis Lakers.
Speaker 6: The celebrities in the stands are quite a big draw.
Speaker 4: We got Marnie, we got Rosen, we got Swartz, and available every once in a while, we have what's his name, Craig Kilbour Kilbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you say you don't have celebrities, jam and Terry Lewis. I mean we're gonna Mount Prince, Prince just the body, the.
Speaker 4: Dusty mand that coach guy that used to hit this newspaper on the floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we said Mark. I think he's busy this weekend, though, I don't think he's gonna go he's doing.
Speaker 5: I think he's going to see Trent Tucker's kids play hockey.
Speaker 3: I'm not very nice.
Speaker 1: Treat you so well and you're so many. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be on my tombstone hopefully soon.
Speaker 1: Oh by your third or fourth tombstone tonight.
Speaker 3: No, I eat Seventh Avenue pizza.
Speaker 1: We have conversations.
Speaker 3: Sounds like that.
Speaker 4: You know the best part of Seventh Avenue pizzas that they're available at stores.
Speaker 1: Did you say that it's in a recorded spot Seventh Avenue pizzas you can get them at the grocery store.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's the best part. The taste is the best part. It's pizza is delicious and stuff that. The best part is it's available. It is plain this America. You're walking through the grocery store. Well be goddamn.
Speaker 7: Well look here.
Speaker 5: Money, How was it honey? Oh, it tastes good. But the best part was purchasing it at the grocery store.
Speaker 3: I haven't had it good.
Speaker 4: I don't know it's available, though, go get the Jerry's.
Speaker 3: It is available. It's the best part. Yeah, I go to Jerry's something hot dogs hole.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I go to Jerry's just to walk by and look at it. I don't even buy. I just like that it's there. It's just comforting to know that it's available twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm twenty four hours. That's the worst part. Watch him crush initials.
Speaker 4: Now, he's just gonna double mental finger and put up like ten.
Speaker 3: Uh fan five and a second initials in like fifteen minutes. Is in the power to money Join the fan