Speaker 1: So this is one that you may relate to as when you were in college, but if you're a parent, you'll have to think about this when your kids go off to college. Shannon's staph son is freshman now at Michigan State, Go green Way And what did dad Wes find out?
Speaker 2: Well, you know those things that either you as a parent or your parent said not while you're living under my room, like you are not allowed to do, And this is one of those things. So my husband, Wes was at Michigan State over the weekend because my step son Kieran is a cheerleader. He's one of the male cheerleaders on the team, so he's always on the sidelines. And so Wes was at the game this weekend and he was moving sections and he did one of.
Speaker 3: These at his dad.
Speaker 2: He like stuck out his tongue and held up his fingers in a peace sign, and Wes realized that his tongue was pure. And Kieran has wanted to do that and the answer was always a real quick no. And he went to college and he got his dungue piers because he can.
Speaker 3: He's eighteen.
Speaker 2: He's not living under dad or mom's roof and so he did it.
Speaker 3: How did Wes feel about that?
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something. What he got Wes at a great time, because Wes has done Wes did that. Okay, West has had a lot of things pierced. Not that, but he's had a lot of things pierce before you ask, he's never had that. Heres like Wes has done all the things. And also Wes is we are watching Kieran live his absolute best life and be the happiest he's ever been. And so for what Wes is like whatever whatever at this point, like to see this kid smile and just be so truly joyful if that means getting his stunge pierced.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I got to throw this as a topic because this seems like it's a thing that happens when you get off to college or you get out at your parents' house. Like, yeah, after you graduate high school, what did you do after you graduate?
Speaker 3: After you got.
Speaker 1: You know, done being under the thumb of a big brother, big sister, mom and dad or dad and mom?
Speaker 3: What did you go out and do? Eight four to fur Mojo Live.
Speaker 2: How long has it been like he's been at school? Yeah, it's like a month, right, not even he works quickly.
Speaker 1: By the way, you want to open up a tattoo place and a piercing place on a college campus because that's where the kids are going right away. He did have a tattoo, though, didn't he when he was younger? Does he have a tatto or no?
Speaker 3: He has got a.
Speaker 2: Couple of times, two or three, And actually Wes took him to get a tattoos because that was that was the thing. Wes was like, I will take you to get a tattoo, like, tattoos to me are cool, but he just did not want him to get this tongue piercing.
Speaker 3: My shocker was my oldest son.
Speaker 1: When my oldest son started getting tattoos and the next thing, you know, it turns into a sleeve. Yeah. I was like, because I am not a tattoo guy, so I never I don't have any tattoos at all. And that was always a that was a shocker for me. The other shacker, too, is when they they start openly vaping in front of you, or they openly start doing weed pens and I'm like, okay, hold on a second, and then he turns in you know what it turns into Wait for this. It turns into them asking you to go and get pick up their order at the greenhouse.
Speaker 3: You don't know if I'm ever ask my mom to do that. No, my dad.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, I wouldn't ask your dad because your dad you would already have it.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't need to go figure up.
Speaker 1: Dad would go, I'll pick it up, and he might take a couple out.
Speaker 3: Amelia, what's happening, Hi, Hi, good morning, good morning. What's happening?
Speaker 4: Nothing? I just I heard the subject and that made me think of the tattoo on my butt that I got in call it nice.
Speaker 2: We go on left cheek, right cheek.
Speaker 5: It's a little angel.
Speaker 6: And my parents still don't know about it.
Speaker 4: I'm thirty two.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's great. Would they be mad, even at thirty two years old, that you got a tattoo in your body.
Speaker 4: They are so Catholic they would kill an angel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know it's an angel watching. You gotta have it.
Speaker 1: You got to always have it when you're doing your first tattoo, as like Joe did. It was a tattoo for his grandfather and you know what I mean, So you got to do it for a family member that we're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, that's sweet, Robin, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hey? So as soon as I graduated high school, I got a tattoo and I talked to of course they bombed out. And then as soon as they got to college, I got my Billy blitzen Hears and passed out.
Speaker 5: Because there was somebody on campus.
Speaker 3: So it's just by a random person.
Speaker 6: That gave it to Yeah, it was just a random person in a room.
Speaker 3: That was doing par By the way, that might not be advised. Okay, again, never do it.
Speaker 6: Never do it.
Speaker 1: As as a parent. You want your kids safety. You don't want an infection. You're hoping that, uh Eva, what did you go do?
Speaker 5: I got a lip tattoo, So they didn't want me to get a tattoo, So let's just get it where they can never see it right on the lip at that one. No, it honestly like kind of made me want to go get another one, but I'm way too scared. But yeah, it live in my childhood nickname, so they can't be that mad.
Speaker 3: What is it in your loop? What's the tattoo?
Speaker 5: It says diva Eva, diva eva Eva.
Speaker 1: That's a long one, by the way, hold on keep talking. I want to see if I can actually hear it is, Uh.
Speaker 3: What's what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like? I want to see piercings and tattoos. When people do piercings and tattoos, if there's any obstruction to what they're speaking or there.
Speaker 3: You know what's going on? Taylor? You there?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: You turn then I so I Yeah. I turned eighteen, and a week later I went to college and I walked into a tattoo shoup to get my belly button piers and I got that done, and then a week after that, I got my first tattoo, and then I've just continuously gotten tattoos. But I didn't tell my parents, yeah, that I'd gotten my belly button piers, and I had ordered extra jewelry online and instead of being sent to my dorm room, they got sent to my parents. So my dad called me up on the phone.
Speaker 5: Mind you, I'm eighteen, I don't live there no more.
Speaker 4: And my dad yelled at me over the phone for ten minutes in front of my friends.
Speaker 1: Here's the part whereas a dad, I get pissed about this whole thing. I don't know if West would feel the same way when it goes on the emergency credit card that's only supposed to be used if there's ever a problem.
Speaker 2: Oh Wes had no idea, So it definitely wasn't on you know, like any sort of card or anything.
Speaker 1: Because that's the thing, like each one of our kids has their own debts, and they work and do all that stuff, but they get a credit card which is their emergency credit card. Like when the boys went to school in Chicago, if there was a hey, we need you home, you know you gotta You can't do the megabus, you're gonna jump on an airplane book a ticket. All of a sudden, when I start seeing charges on there for you know, Tammy's tattoos or something like that or never, it's never like tammy tattoos.
Speaker 2: It's like nine lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tattoo, right, It's like it's like strip club or tattoo place, which which one is it?
Speaker 3: So hold on a second, Grace there, morning, morning, morning. Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Grace didn't just go get a tattoo. She didn't get a part of her body not tattooed. How many tattoos did you have at eighteen?
Speaker 4: I was given permission at sixteen. Actually, my parents.
Speaker 5: They're a big tattoo fans, so.
Speaker 4: I was allowed to get one at sixteen.
Speaker 5: And within a year of me getting my first tattoo, I had about eighteen tattoos.
Speaker 4: From my body and I bought myself a tattoo machine to be able to tattoo myself in my tress.
Speaker 3: Oh how many total tattoos do you have right now?
Speaker 4: I think I'm at like twenty two now.
Speaker 1: And where is the most intimate tattoo that you have on your body?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 6: Most of them are like on my legs, some on my arm, nothing like mid section right now, I'm too scared.
Speaker 1: Can I be honest if I'm tattooing myself. I don't know if I wanted to try to tattoo like intimate body parts, because I would want a professional doing that. I wouldn't want the ron pop peel, you know, home kit or something like what would the name of the home kit be of a tattoo thing? Like you know how they always have like remember when you were a kid and you could buy a slushy machine for your house.
Speaker 3: Like you can buy it, like you'd have like, yeah, exactly. This is tattoos version.
Speaker 5: Of Amazon of course Amazon.
Speaker 1: So I just don't trusting I don't know if I'm trusting an Amazon tattoo kit.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's Kevin this yesterday.
Speaker 5: But my party trick for a long time was I did stick and poke tattoos.
Speaker 3: So it's really.
Speaker 5: Take a tattoo needle, put it in ink, and do it yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in jail too, I want to go to what's the estore in the mall that does the piercing's Claire? Can I get my own piercing kit, like like one of those piercing guns. It looks like a thermometer like that, you know. I ever see those thermometers that you can kind of, you know, do your forehead with. The Only problem is don't mix those up. That would be a it would be a bad thing all of a sudden, you know, you just kind of like shoot yourself right in the head though,