Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Friends, the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Don't be afraid of being scared. To be afraid is a sign of common sense. Only complete idiots are not afraid of anything.
Speaker 2: Sociopaths, Petros and money Gong the use live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. No Dodger Baseball on air today, but they didn't knock off the guard Ardians eleven to three a little bit earlier. We will have the Dodgers Diamondbacks though tomorrow just after noon, a twelve to ten start that'll cover up Rogan and Rodney lead into us. Today's affair would have dipped into our show by about four or five minutes.
Speaker 3: We would have taken it too, because Rogan and Rodney would never give us some that kind of respite.
Speaker 2: No, we pay them in time. We give them a minute and a half. The Dodgers would give us four and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: Point the time was money, we would be wreck I thought the helicopter crash shortly after writing that.
Speaker 2: Song sadly ironic a little bit. We will have about twenty Dodger spring training games on your home of the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers here throughout the course of February and March.
Speaker 3: I do have some reaction to the Tim Kates Dirty Soda only Kate's care segment of the Last Hour Secret Text.
Speaker 4: Fie brought to you by yourself Cal Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 2: We make it.
Speaker 3: Easy, hey, Pete, dirty soda from Utah? Is it true that in Utah only you can soak a pickle in your dirty soda? Swig is like a bar for Mormons with soda instead of liquors. We have them on every corner here in Idaho. We all know, damn well you can eat a whole wizard sleeve worth of girls count Cookie. Ziggy's has dirty Sodas. There's one in Lakewood and one in Hawthorn.
Speaker 2: Hey, there we go support our southern California dirty soda spots. Ziggy's. Like, that's the key, Kate. You don't want to buy into the franchise. You want to steal the idea and create your own dirty So Timmy's Dirty Soda stamp.
Speaker 5: Instead of swig will be like gulps come to.
Speaker 3: Gulps come to the wall.
Speaker 2: The tim Kas like the armadi in bakery from back in the day. You could pick up a nice little sack of blow a little jump up into the back. You know, that's how you really make your money.
Speaker 3: It's like Tom's tacos for Tito's tacos.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Kay, Oh, this is about the Tater Tot theft allegedly. Oh yeah, Kates knew that that guy touched your tots because he felt a tickle in his tiny legs. Like Spider Man, my tater Tots sends his tingling.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 3: And finally, p can you just imagine Tim Kates and that mini rate van that Matt Smith was driving across Appalachia with no windows and childproof doors, just logging and calling nine to one to one local municipalities, while Smith breaks minor rules of the road, going forty two and a thirty five rolling stop in towns with under one hundred living people, changing lanes on an empty two lane highway without signaling, blowing a point oh one before putting key in ignition. Kates would be the friend you'd never want to commit a misdemeanor with. He would catch you a case.
Speaker 2: I have to report my driver. He's uh, what's he doing? He's hit the Uh he's hit the dotted line at least three times in the last ten minutes at least.
Speaker 3: How they feel like he's driving with braille?
Speaker 2: He's drifting. He's drifting.
Speaker 3: Good God, Kates is incorrigible. What a righteous pain in the ass. It's a hot dog place. What the hell does he expect?
Speaker 2: Spogo? Oh, a spogo reference.
Speaker 5: I don't know our things said seventeen. How do you mess that up? Order number seventeen? There's three other people in the place.
Speaker 3: It did feel like a an egregious air. Yeah, and the heat of my hot dog was not as hot, you know, hot as in the name.
Speaker 5: It was fifteen sixteen and seventeen. How do you mess up those orders.
Speaker 3: I'll open a dirty so in a place that also does kidney transplants by five and get us six transplants for free.
Speaker 2: Well, we got dialysis over here, We've got full transplants here. We'll remove your gallbladder over here.
Speaker 3: And by the way, if you have a kidney, give it, give it to me.
Speaker 2: Sock.
Speaker 3: Okay, because he's not his fault. He has a hereditary issue and he didn't go to dirty soda and blow out his body.
Speaker 2: And sack man days.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt uh his words.
Speaker 2: The word of the day.
Speaker 3: Today's word of the day is old dog New Tricks. Yesterday, during how is your weekend? Which is a vulnerable time for all of us, I revealed that I went to eat at a poke place in Redondo Beach over.
Speaker 2: The Don't you do the poke now and correct yourself from pokey. It's pokey. We're Americans, for God's sakes, that's not I'm sorry pokey. Sorry, it's supposed to be poke. When you say pokers, it's poke. Shut out A. Yeah, I don't I say both, Matt, you know, yeah, Nevada nevada potato.
Speaker 3: I don't make that stupid mistake. Well, anyway, here's Matt. See now, I used to be a stupid person and I still am. But you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Listen to Matt. Listen to how he tries to bait me. Listen to him like a bull. You're to play it again, Play it again.
Speaker 2: What do you get in your bowl?
Speaker 3: My pokey bowl? Yeah, yeah, I'm not telling you because of your because of your food judgment history. No, I'm just out on Matt. You know what I mean? If I pull over a guy with twenty priors, proach that car right with a hand on my gun and a hand on my taser. Now, they say you can't learn a lesson when you're old, but how about that a younger Petros Like last year, at a youthful forty seven, I would have seized that opportunity to celebrate my oriental tastes and tell everybody what I put in my poke bowl. But did you hear the way Matt asked? Did you hear It's almost like a shark coming and approaching. Yeah, you hear that.
Speaker 2: You hear that?
Speaker 3: And hear me pause and be like, you know what? You know what my poke bowl. I don't. I don't think I'm telling you. Yeah, I'm not doing it. I'm not telling you. I'm not doing it. I'm not telling you.
Speaker 2: What are you getting your bawl?
Speaker 3: I'm not telling you. I'm not telling you.
Speaker 2: What are you getting your bowl?
Speaker 3: I'm not going to tell you. I'm not telling you because I knew what you were going to do. You were going to do it, Matt, you were going to do it. You were going to take that opportunity. You're going to take that opportunity to tear my bowl apart.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't like the seaweed salad. I was curious if you like the seaweed salad, if you don't, if you put the adamama in there. If you don't, that's good. See what I mean? Like poke bowls are you know everybody's got.
Speaker 3: An opportunity for you to judge?
Speaker 2: No, do you like to go with the ponzu?
Speaker 3: You see that?
Speaker 2: See listen to this conversation, right Halopenos you want a little kick there? Do you do corn? Who's the guy who does corn in a poke bowl? Well? See now you're judging Kates and we can't do that here. Okay, this is a judgment.
Speaker 3: You actually said the only way to mess it up is with the mayonnaise. You put too much mayonnaise. But you see how I still haven't given my poke bowl yet. See, he can't do it. He wants to attack. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: It's like a It's like a bird waiting for a turtle to stick his head out of his shell so you can peck his head off. Not gonna do. I'm not gonna tell him. I'm not.
Speaker 2: Okay, Fine, do you do salmon.
Speaker 6: Or a lot of people who are good question Matt, good questions salmon or tuna? But if I double up now we're talking if you have scrimp in there too. No, you go spicy tune or regular tuna.
Speaker 3: Scramp yourself. Maybe maybe I do that too. What's wrong with three proteins?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that? You got a problem with that?
Speaker 2: I have no problem with that.
Speaker 5: Now with spicy tuna, do you like it when they mash it up like an apple soft thing?
Speaker 2: Or do you get it with its cubed?
Speaker 3: Usually it comes giant clumps.
Speaker 2: Yes, they used the ice cream Scooper, but it's like the smallest ice cream Scooper. Ever, it's like, what the hell it feels a little experience a bigger scoop.
Speaker 3: Anyway, That's that's how you learn your lesson kids. That's he had the football like Lucy waiting for me, you see that, and he wanted me to try to kick it and fly up in the air and fall on my giant head like trying to brown.
Speaker 2: What do you getting your bowl?
Speaker 3: See that, I'm not telling you. And a younger Petros would have been like, I can't wait to talk about myself and walk right into that trap, a roach motel where there is no escape, and you leave shamed and you feel bad, and you're like, all right, Matt, you got the number. I'm not telling you. See that. That's a man right there standing up for himself.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, what we're gonna do is we're gonna wheel in a pokey bull.
Speaker 3: You're plugging an omelet. Guys, Yes, you know what? Not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: That's actually a really good idea that we also serve traveling dirty soda, Yes, dirty soda, poke traveling pokey bowl is a better idea than a brick and mortar dirty soda shop.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on where's it gonna be?
Speaker 2: How's it gonna be?
Speaker 3: If you don't know me anymore?
Speaker 4: Here's my number.
Speaker 3: Number of the day.
Speaker 2: You know, we got sucking traffic. Took us two and a half hours to get here. Sure the fish is a little warm, but I think we're okay, We'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Where are you guys? Based Turmecula.
Speaker 2: The number of the day is ten.
Speaker 3: And that's not a refrigerated van. You say, no.
Speaker 2: Listen, did I leave the bid in the sun. Yes. I don't like to turn the ac on. It waste gas. The number of the day is well, technically it was fifteen, but we're just gonna go. You know what, let's just do five the La Times. You know how much I love these stories posted their worst intersections in Las angles.
Speaker 3: Oh with the grid. Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 3: I mean there was it was, you know, it was very la very la.
Speaker 2: But for the most part, if I just do the top five, I am. I think all of us, well, not Kates because he doesn't leave Burbank, but we would.
Speaker 3: Be famous college on the West Side right.
Speaker 2: With most of the with most of the He's top five. Oh, you know what, let's do top ten Crenshaw and ninth is number ten in central Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Blackstrip, Matt, what do you want for people?
Speaker 2: Ninth is an absolute nightmare fountain and in hyperion in Silver Lake, you're sitting through that freaking stop light, sometimes three times to get through that cycle. Eighth, everybody understands the disaster that is Santa Monica Boulevard and Highland Avenue. That's yeah, you'd be a fool. You'd be a full double double stop light minimum when you're trying to get through there. I think there's that donut s here, the Young Donuts right on the corner there, seventh Super west side the Pch Sunset Boulevard, right there at the base of the Palisades where Gladstone's is. Sixth Los Felis and Griffith Park in Los Felis. Nightmare five. Here go Top five El Segundo Boulevard and Hoover Street in the Athens neighborhood. It is right there next to the one ten one oh five Freeway interchange, four third and Alvarado in the Westlake neighborhood. The tenth highest track. Yes, I would assume that's something you're very familiar with peg.
Speaker 3: I am, is that near MacArthur Park, that beautiful outdoor drug outlet or is that third and Alamedas on the other side that would yeah, that's yeah, yeah, yeah, that's MacArthur Park.
Speaker 2: I think that's kind of where all the buses are, right by that bus depot. It's it's a nightmare as well. H third is I claim ignorance on this one. For the most part, I'm not all that familiar with the Martin Luther, King Crenshaw intersection bad it's third, the top two. Unfortunately, I'm incredibly familiar with, and so is anybody the travels, because you know, right by lax Sepulvida and Lincoln, it's like a six way mess that you got all the lax traffic people trying to game the system and not come up Century, so they whip around from that direction and the worst intersection and all of Los Angeles. I don't think it's a surprise when you hear it Sunset and Highland right there at Hollywood and how Hollywood and Highland would be Hollywood and Highland. But just south of Hollywood and Highland is Sunset and Highland. The Hollywood High School is right there that the rallies. Yes, one the rallies is yeah, it's oh that is yes, that is the worst. There have been three hundred and twelve crashes since twenty ten, and it has had the highest traffic volume of any intersection in the city since two thousand and ten.
Speaker 3: Corrections and retractions. That Yum Yum Donuts Matt is now a tray hose coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh, trey hose taco coffee or something. Uh.
Speaker 3: And there are two dirty soda places in Newport Beach.
Speaker 2: Oh how about a lot of Mormons down there in Newport.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we got them up in Pallas Vernis, but we ain't got no dirty soda. Well we have some of the bullbus.
Speaker 2: Hole in the market pee dirty soda poke bowl.
Speaker 5: Remember this day, by the way, like in two years where you're like, we should have got on these dirty sodas places.
Speaker 2: One point seven million bucks to get it going to roll the dice in soda.
Speaker 3: Make Hey, Kate's is passing on flyers and all the Mormon tabernets right temples churches.
Speaker 2: Oh imagine if Kate's had like a dirty soda cart right outside.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, hat on like an in and out guy ship there has a How about you come over here and.
Speaker 2: Know what you do is you get the horn that the angel Moronius is blowing on top of their you know, and you blow that.
Speaker 3: He's blaspheming. But I really want that, But I really want that soda.
Speaker 4: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 2: I is.
Speaker 7: Road Song is the title of today's song of the Day from the great jazz guitarist in Indianapolis, Indiana native Wes Montgomery, because our friend Matt Smith's been on the road a little bit but has finally made it out to his native state of Indiana for the NFL Combine. It's taking place in Indianapolis with the rest of the show back here in Burbank, fulfilling a four hour commitment.
Speaker 2: To great sports talk.
Speaker 7: Well, David Vass waits on deck for another edition of Dodger Talk that comes your way at seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: Thank you, ronniere Hey, Petros, did you ever ask Matt about the fact that the Chicago Bears gonna be playing in his hometown?
Speaker 3: No, well, you know they're looking into it.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're gonna have the key to the damn city. The Petro Some Money Show has a key to the City of Hammond courtesy of Mayor Tom McDermott Junior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we go deep with Hammon, so deep. And this is gonna be like if we were the mayors of Santa Clara when the Niners shut.
Speaker 2: Up, we should get Tom back up.
Speaker 5: Is it gonna be like Lambeau with like Matt's old house there and Hammon. They're gonna be parking on your lawn to like go inside the stadium or stuff.
Speaker 2: They're believe it or not, Kate, there not plenty of plenty of parking available. Oh yes, shut it out. Shutter businesses, empty hospital.
Speaker 3: Empty hospital. That sounds that doesn't sound creepy at all.
Speaker 2: Think about that. That's that's the current state, the Saint Margaret's hospital, where's empty? Where's the wolf Lake here? And that's what they say it's gonna be by, Yes, wolf Lake is. It's maybe twenty minutes from Soldier Field right now. It is literally hot state line. You could walk from Soldier Field to the State of Illinois in three minutes where they're gonna build them.
Speaker 3: I just got a text that said, hey, I had sex on those steps leading up to Hollywood High in the middle of the night in ninety eight. Yeah, and I wrote missionary question and he wrote doggy p Come on. Crenshawn Ninth is a tea intersection. Not a lot of traffic there. According to this guy in the city six, the Almarado with the scramble crosswalk is crazy because they let people all the crackheads. Yeah, they walk, you know, wherever they want. They scramble around all cracked out.
Speaker 2: That's what they call it, the crack scramble.
Speaker 3: Well, hang in there with us. We'll be right back with more petrus and money.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis, that money spare. This is Petrols and Money on demand. Going to seven, same schedule tomorrow. No Clipper games until Thursday. They'll take on the Timberwolf, So that'll be a three to six show, Dave, I say, going to join us in less than an hour from camel Back Ranch where the Dodgers knocked off the Guardians a little bit earlier today.
Speaker 3: Are you all alone there, Matt now in the.
Speaker 2: Trim alone in my hotel room?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I did the radio show for the hotel room.
Speaker 3: I do the Yeah you're not out there with Siciliano in his ears.
Speaker 2: I am for all of the Charger podcasts that we do we're actually.
Speaker 3: Sports.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying with the court talk and the Titans and our friend Taylor, who I believe you called a What game did you call with him? Who's the colors as are? He's the voice of the Titans and he does golf as well. Oh, I know you and he did a game for Gino Touretta together.
Speaker 3: It might have been a tailor Arizona Arizona State or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I do have a big corrections and retractions, and this happens every time we do this. You weren't here for this, Matt. It was one of the days last week where you weren't here.
Speaker 2: But retraction.
Speaker 3: You know, during the tour tour, the world tour, you know, we had high winds out here in LA and the winds blew allegedly blew a tree off of a of a you know, a branch off of a tree that knocked over a couple in Disneyland. And then we went over the day the years where trees have fallen on people in Disneyland and what happened to those people. And apparently there is some question as to whether or not the tree actually hit the two people. The married couple from Vegas during the high winds on Main Street. But we got into a conversation Tim Kates and I about Disneyland, and of course there's always some dork out there, in fact, thousands of them that know more about Disneyland than you do, you know what I mean, There's always somebody and we always we always seem to screw it up or me, I guess one way or another. Now, there were three different things we were talking about. Kate's one was the monorail you brought up, which is still there, but it's a little bit more of a prop than an actual functional thing that moves people. Or it does move people around, but it's just kind of there for people to look at. The people Mover was different from the mono rail that was the ride. The people Mover was like a ride and you just got on it, and it had an automated It was like the slowest most sight singist ride. It had an automated driver. And the worst thing that could happen to you on the People Mover is you get off too soon and fall over, or it takes off while you're trying to get on and you fall over. Maybe a sprained ankle or this, or that the gondola was a whole different thing, which was the Skyway.
Speaker 2: Is that what we were talking about, the little.
Speaker 3: Red cable cars dangling over fantasy Land right linking tomorrow Land to the matter Horn.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, it was a gondola. It was a gondola that they want to build at Dodger Stadium window. It was above the ground.
Speaker 3: It got blown up in ninety four. It started in nineteen fifty six. The reason they knocked it out in ninety four was for the Indiana Jones ride. The monorail still there, the people mover, Lazy River of rides, and the gondola gone long gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, back in nineteen seventy nine, one of the Skyway gondolas derailed. Now I alleged that a special needs child jumped from the gondola and died.
Speaker 5: I remember, somebody jumping and dying did not happen. No, something happened. This is what happened. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: In seventy nine, one of the gondolas derailed mid air over fantasy Land. See this is how the rumors spread when we were kids before the internet.
Speaker 2: The guy blew up his stomach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy blew up his stomach with the pop rocks, right, and it turned out to be Mikey from the commercials for Life.
Speaker 2: It wasn't That was a lie, but it was the truth for like five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this was the truth. But actually what happened is two cars got stuck, one tip sideways and a bunch of guests had to be rescued by firefighters using ladders and ropes. Nobody died, but it was gnarly broken bones cuts. Ride shut down for weeks, and it wasn't a huge disaster, but it spooked the hell at everybody to where there was a rumor that a kid jumped out of the thing. They beefed up the safety checks after that, and twenty years later it was replaced. So that is the story of the gondola.
Speaker 2: I was wrong.
Speaker 3: The People Mover, the monorail and the gondola, which was the skyway were three different things.
Speaker 2: And you know, over was the spot where you'd take your lady friend there, you know, and a little up was the People Mover.
Speaker 3: Opened in sixty seven open air cars gliding on a track with no driver. Super Chill for your chick, Great Views, narrated by a robot voice that was shut down in ninety five. Still a lot of nostalgia out there for the people mover, not so much for the Skyway, and the seventy nine mess is still talked about today.
Speaker 2: Special needs kid that jumped That didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Everybody that always says Disneyland accident. I always think about the Skyway or the gondola and somebody jumping out. But apparently, Matt, that is not true. Erroneous report, Right, Kates.
Speaker 5: You go to Google search, you put in Disneyland gondola, and immediately the third word is death.
Speaker 3: Well, what does it say.
Speaker 5: It talks about in nineteen ninety four or thirty year old men fell approximately twenty feet from the skyway there you go, and landed on top of a building.
Speaker 2: Did he die, yes, Raymond Barlow.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me a guy died in ninety.
Speaker 2: Four, Not at Disneyland. Oh yeah, it is Disneyland. No, that was the Magic Kingdom. So that was Magic Kingdom. I believe is or Land though. Yeah, old disney World, part time Custodian Skyway, fantasy Land.
Speaker 3: We can't buy that death not here in La that an't that's not ours.
Speaker 2: So he was just working and somebody fired up the gondola and it knocked him off the building. He was a janitor cleaning the joint.
Speaker 3: That's terrible. Yeah, well there's the news. Still, I was right. Nobody died. That special needs kid never jumped off the gondola or the skyway of Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Well, next time there, I'm gonna tell the girls a kid fell there.
Speaker 3: No, it's a lie. That's a lie that's circulated for years. Like Mikey with the pop rocks.
Speaker 2: That happened though, I think that you can't drink a pepsi and pop rocks yourself will explode, and now you can't be in the life commercial.
Speaker 3: It's like the Mentos with the Coke's what happened? That's right, all right, So that is the latest on that. I'm sorry it took me a couple of days to correct that and look up the truth, but I did, and now I'm proud to give the great information.
Speaker 5: You did have to spend a few days looking it up because so many people texted you with all wrong information.
Speaker 3: And you just stepped to me right there with a guy that died tonight, and it happened to be in Florida. Don't you try to put that on Anaheim. That ain't right, So we'll be right back. We have more news on the Petrosen Money Show on AMI seventy LA Sports. This news of a local nature.
Speaker 4: Yeah close, sure, this is petros Money on demand, petro sand Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Dave sa going to join us in the next hour from Camelback Dodgers hanging double digits on The Guardians earlier today. Get into today's performance. Big efforts from Will Smith and Freddie Freeman and a bunch of regulars out there. So Dave will deliver the latest.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt, we will. We would call this local knowledge, but it's in San Diego County, which is where Colin Cowherd thinks Sam Darnald is from. He had Sam Darnald on today, Yeah, but did not say anything about Oceanside, California. But this is a San Diego County story, and it is I mean, when you look at the story, it's one thing. But then when you listen to the report on NBC seven San Diego, it feels more entertaining. What happened was. As you know, La Joya Cove is one of the more popular beaches on Earth, along with La Joya Shores. But not the Wind and Sea. You got those angry white boy surf rat gang there. The wind and Sea surfrats. You want to avoid them. But the Hooya Cove, Yeah, the wind and Sea surf rats are tough guys, for sure. The La Joya Cove is very nice and often visited by many many tourists, and they have sea lions sitting there barking, and people come over, much like at the Embarcadero in San Francisco or King Harbor and Redondo Beach and they say hello to the big blubbery sea life. Most of it looks like what I look like on a yoga mat. And I enjoy seeing the sea lions when my family goes down to La Joia to take the kids. But in this case there was a Chinese family, tourist family there, and the Chinese family was they were being abusive towards the now. Look, I don't like a beach, Karen. I remember going to Hawaii at the beach where my in laws thing was, and the big turtles would come up on the beach and some child would go like touch the turtles back with its forefinger, like a two year old, and some Karen comes up and you can't touch them. He got sas dom and it's like, all right, that's true, but apparently that's a little too much. You know, leave the kids alone.
Speaker 2: But you can't go throwing dirt Chinese family, you can't be throwing.
Speaker 3: Dirt clouds at the sea lions, and the sea lions are like so it was a real problem out there at the La Joya Cove the other day. Let's get out to MG. Perez. MG Perez, who is a he's a foot soldier for NBC seven. He looks I mean, he just looks like a little fat old man, yet he is a foot soldier.
Speaker 2: I was envision When you say foot soldier, I think you know, entry level. Here's a twenty something.
Speaker 3: No, this is more of like a I've been a lifetime foot soldier like Robert cavalcek or or.
Speaker 2: He's doing the Sea Lion Chinese tourist store Pat Healy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, like a real og foot soldier down in San Diego, Mg Perez, And yeah, he's been at it for a long time. She's gonna throw it to him. NBC seven's MG Perez joins us now from La Joya cled MG, tell us what happened.
Speaker 8: Here, Monico Bette family was just.
Speaker 3: This guy's a j perre. I mean, just look at him and you could tell this guy's a hoe. But let's hear his report.
Speaker 8: La Jolla Cove, just like so many other families and tourists are right now, this is a place known for nature. It is also a hotspot for taking selfies and getting close to the marine mammals, but getting too close is against the law. Some of nature's most beautiful sounds and sights are part of La Joya COB's landscape, and some of the largest beauty to reminders these sea lions are wild. San Diego City Park rangers are here to protect and preserve life, enforcing local, state, and federal laws against touching these sea mammals or harassing them in any way. On Sunday, a family of tourists from China across the line.
Speaker 3: They cross the line the animal.
Speaker 8: San Diego photographer Jim Grant shot this video to a park ranger.
Speaker 3: So they got the nark. Jim Grant, the San Diego photographer, who's there right on top of the Chinese. And then you also have the park ranger with the gigantic megaphone screaming into the megaphone telling the Chinese to get away from the sea lion.
Speaker 8: Confronting the family for violating the law.
Speaker 9: And he was given a really really stern warning to a couple of kids about throwing things. And finally he told the mother woman in the brown jacket, come to the top of the stairs.
Speaker 3: And why should I think.
Speaker 8: The exchange ended with consequences? Grant says he's never seen.
Speaker 3: In his What do you think those consequences are? What do you think they're going to do? Make the kid apologize to the sea lion, give them a citation, make them go over to the Duke's and buy a very very overpriced piece of prime rib. What could those consequences be? At the La Joya.
Speaker 8: Short and says he's never seen in his decades of taking photos here.
Speaker 9: Wasn't going to give her a citation, but they had to leave. They were evicting that whole greed from this.
Speaker 2: I've always considered myself a human sea lion. I mean, they just live so blissfully.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this guy's the best, the guy that considers it. Now, that's not enough for a g Perez to tell the story of how the Chinese people were evicted and he's never seen anything like that before. The photographer, Now he's got to go around and ask other people who are respecting the sea lions right what they should do and how they should be and listen to their self righteous ocean life bs.
Speaker 2: And I mean they just live so blissfully.
Speaker 8: This is Jacob Stanton's first time in the Pacific Ocean. He came with his mother on vacation from their home in Atlanta. They both understand the beauty and the benefit of respecting the animals whose home they our guests, saying.
Speaker 2: I think you should let them be in their own environment.
Speaker 3: And that's obviously why I'm not trying to get out and pop on their rugs. Was there another guy you could have interviewed there and be like, hey, I like what those Chinese were doing throwing rocks at those dumb ass sea lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come out there, let them do their thing. I'll take a picture, but I Am not getting anywhere near it.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's a big lady.
Speaker 2: If we if we mess with them, they're not going to be here for others. You enjoy, everybody, make your way back to.
Speaker 3: The beach, everybody. It doesn't really feel like a place to a joint.
Speaker 8: A megaphones often during the day in order to let visitors know that they already got a guy in.
Speaker 2: A megaphone throwing dirt and rocks.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you got a guy with a megaphone checking everybody. You got a g Perez running around, you got the guy that wants to be a human sea lion out there with his mom from Atlanta. I mean, it feels like a lot.
Speaker 8: There is also a recorded message that plays often.
Speaker 3: It is in three language, three language, in so that he's like, you're at the beach and it's like being at the airport. The white zone is for loading and unloading the vehicles only please, I mean, my god.
Speaker 8: The Spanish and mandret in an effort to make sure as many foreign tourists understand what we are lying.
Speaker 2: And I thought, you're gonna tell me that they just started throwing rocks at the kids.
Speaker 3: No, Matt, that's what that would happen at the wind And see that happens at the wind and sea with the surf rats right. If you try to snake their wave, I'll throw a rock right off your freaking old longboard face.
Speaker 2: They got to wheel out that catapult that just launches them to Sant Clementy Island. Just load the kids up and there you go.
Speaker 3: Well, a very impactful story out of La Joya Cove, not to be confused with the wind and see surf rats or La Joya Shore, which is right around the corner there.
Speaker 5: By the way, La Joya Cove last week named as the top rank US beach out there.
Speaker 3: The loading zone is for perfect. It just doesn't sound like a real peaceful place.
Speaker 2: Oh, people are stupid, that's the unfortunate part. You know who's dumber to have these recorded messages for dumb ass people.
Speaker 3: You know what's even dumber, those stupid sea lions. Why don't you guys go somewhere else, go up to scripts where people appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you get out of here.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with an a g peranz. You can kick rocks too. Freaking Buddha looking idiot. More great sports talk to come next hour.