Speaker 1: Thursday night. We're hanging at it long next day in Richwood the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. It's presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hocksworth Donors Save Lives close to Home. Who will you save? By the way programming note location note next week we are on the move to the Hebron location. We will stay at the Hebrew location through the month of November. Market on your calendars. Next week, a week earlier than usual, we'll head to Hebron and set up shop there. Each and every Thursday night through the month of November. You have to text me I will I will be. I'll schedule some text right now to remind you. Along the way, let's talk with the man who's got it covered on the Bengals beat for cl NS sinceiwdthy dot com, host of the Jungle Roar podcast on YouTube. He's the man they call Trags Mike Petralia, how are we doing tonight?
Speaker 2: And you live Rocky. Sometimes he'll text you and uh, the guy that's supposed to show up at the right location shows up at the wrong law location, not saying that ever, happen to me or anything.
Speaker 3: I still blame Lance, Mike. I still blame Lance no matter what is Mike, I wonder.
Speaker 2: That let's go you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's go big picture first. Paint us a little picture. Give us a comparing contrast of just kind of the mood of the vibe around this team. You're around him every day from say two weeks ago to now with the arrival of Joe Flacco, and how this team has played since and where things stand.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a great question. Lance. That is markedly different. It's markedly more positive. And the word I would use is there's significantly more energy in the locker room because I think the Bengals have been interjected with the sense of hope that they have a guy in Joe Flacco who has a strong arm. He's won a Super Bowl, He's been through the Riggers, He's played as a starting quarterback, He's played in on many teams as a backup. He knows his role, and even as a backup to Joe Burrow, he still has this calmness about him and this leadership that he can provide, certainly to the younger players. And I think that was great last week before the Pittsburgh game. But I think going out and actually having the game Placo did, playing as cleanly as he did, watching the offense perform so much more efficiently, and getting to win in the closing seconds gave this team the sense that, Okay, now we can get back to where we were posts a pre Joe Burrow injury. And I think, you know, the energy and the hope are the two things that I've noticed pick up over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: And trags to that note with Flaco come in and everyone knows how beloved Joe Burrow is and how loved he is in the locker room, and how the players, how he reacts with them, how they react with to him. If you pick up on any similarities or differences between Joe Burrow and Joe Flacco, just with how the players view him or how he, I guess it competes on a day to day basis.
Speaker 2: That is a very difficult question to answer, Rocky, and certainly Joe Flacco's been asked that question. We haven't had the chance to interview Joe Burrow yet since his injury, but Joe Flacco and I asked him this yesterday. He is trying, I think, to give Joe Burrow his space and let Joe Burrow talk when he wants to talk, and not you know, step over any boundaries. And you know, Jake Browning is a part of this equation as well, because let's not forget after three starts, Jake Browning was replaced by Joe Flacco when they went out and made the trade. So it's kind of an odd dynamic that's going on. But I think again, Joe Flacco, being the veteran he is, comes in, He's not stepping on any toes. He's very respectful of everybody. Uh. And you know, he's not trying to be Joe Burrow. He's not trying to do what Joe Burrow did. He's trying to come in and just run a very functional, highly functional offense with great weapons around it, uh and and make sure they perform to the level they're capable of. But off the field, I think, you know, the best way to put it with Joe Flacco, I think is he's laying low and trying to let you know, everybody in the locker room come to him.
Speaker 1: Trags. You talked with Dan Pitcher, Bengals up ins coordinator he is two years just over two years younger than than Joe Flacco. About Dan being able to pick up things from from Joe Flacco, and and how Dan thinks that maybe even Joe Burrow could pick up things from Joe Flacco.
Speaker 2: Well, I think this is really about Joe Flacco. When the play's not there, he gives up on it and says, we're going to live to play another down. When Joe Burrow sees the play breakdown, I think one of the critiques of Joe Burrow, and Burrow has acknowledged this himself. He tries to force the play into something productive. Uh And I you know, I think one of the things that he's learned, even as a superstar quarterback that he is Burrow needs to more often live to play another down. And on the play he got hurt against the Jacksonville Jaguars. You know, Joe Sorry, Zach Taylor and Dan Picture both have acknowledged he probably should have given up on the play and gotten rid of the ball, but instead he held onto the ball and eventually, as we know, got sacked and injured on the play injuring his foot. And you know, that's one of the lessons I think comes with time. Even even Joe Burrow needs to learn. And I think that's one of the things that Dan Picture is learning from Joe Flacco is lived, lived to play another down.
Speaker 3: And you make a great point. It's it's even less about okay, you know, making a player, not making a play, it's about Joe Burrow's health. Give up on one and Zach Taylor or any football coach in the NFL will say, you know what, we rather have you be healthy then you you know, twirl around and throw a past seventy five yards down the field and we get a touchdown. They'll they'll give up that touchdown or even that win to have a healthy quarterback throughout the length this season.
Speaker 2: No question. And I think that's what the Bengals have to, you know, get through to Joe Burrow, and Joe Burrow has to be accepting of this. I think he will be. But you know, Joe Burrow is a stubborn athlete, and I mean that in the most positive sense. He wants to make whatever is in front of him work. And he has that mind, you know, Rocky, he processes so much information that when he processes that much information, he doesn't want to waste it. He wants to make use of it, and he wants to make something out of nothing. And Joe Flacco's not like that. He is Okay, if the play's not there, I'm not going to force it. I'm gonna again live to play another down. And you know that's the difference between the two quarterbacks. And I think that I'm curious to see how Joe Burrow plays when he returns, presumably in mid December, if the Bengals are A in it and B he's healthy enough to play. I'm curious to see if we see some very subtle, nuanced changes in the way Burrow attacks defenses.
Speaker 1: Trag's Jamar Chase continues to be must listen to every Thursday when he holds court. Today, tell explain to listeners what he said in terms of his rate on Joe Burrow through this and what was his reaction to Joe Flacco eating at restaurants by himself?
Speaker 2: Great, Okay, First of all, Jamar Chase ain't going out to restaurants by himself.
Speaker 3: We learned that today.
Speaker 2: And if he does and he's with Joe Flacco, He's gonna pull Joe Flacco aside and say, hey, Joe, We're going in the back room. We're gonna get a private waiter or waitress and have her or him or her serve us, and we're gonna have a nice quiet meal alone. We don't need to be out in public looking at other people. The thing he said about Joe Burrow that was interesting, Lance is that he thinks that Joe Burrows in a pretty good space mentally, and I thought that was pretty telling. He thinks that Joe Burrow's sporting the rock star hairdo you know the hair over his face that we saw before the Steeler game. That was pretty funny, but it's Jabar said it's hard to read Burrows sometimes in terms of his mood, and he tried to stay away from that as much as possible. But what he did tell us is he thinks that Burrows in a pretty good headspace.
Speaker 1: Schamar Stewart return from the ankle injury. Didn't have a game that caught your eye, certainly on Thursday night. Some of that I would think rust of not playing for a month either way, Yeah, they need more from him on Sunday, right.
Speaker 2: Especially if they give Trey Hendrickson another week to recuperate from the hip injury. They need Shamar Stewart to be better, more impactful. He only played I believe, twenty two snaps of the fifty eighth defensive snaps on Thursday night against Pittsburgh, and to his own admission yesterday, he said it was a sub far performance. I need to be better, but I think I will be better once I get more reps. He also said the ankle, any ankle injury is a tricky thing because it can, you know, improve very quickly, but it can also you know, you know, worsened very quickly if you don't treat it carefully, if you don't listen to your body. So that's one thing I think, you know, Jamar Stewart wants to go. I think he wanted to get on the field against the Steelers just to get the feel of playing game speed again on the ankle. This week, I think Shamar Stewart will be more of an impact and he should be against this Jets offensive line and against I'm gonna guess it's justin fields, just because of his ability to run the ball and what he did against the Bengals in Week two of twenty twenty one. I think, you know, the Jets are going to go with Justin Fields, but we'll find out on Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right, treg for everybody wants to read, watch, and follow all you have. That's all over Bengals coverage. Tell them how they can go about doing that.
Speaker 2: Well. We're going to have a story up shortly tonight about Josh Newton talking about DJ Turner's emergent this year as a star cornerback in the NFL. We're also going to have a breakdown of the Logan Wilson trade demand that Ben Baby of ESPN broke late this afternoon. We'll have that up on Stealing s Sincy with a y dot com. You can follow Mike Jamar Chase interviews from today's press conference on Twitter at Trags t r ags and as always, the Jungle War podcast page at YouTube YouTube dot com slash at Jungle War Pod.
Speaker 1: Always fantastic stuff, Always good catching up. We'll talk again next week.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, gentlemen, take care.
Speaker 3: Thanks Trags.
Speaker 1: He's the man we call Trags, Mike Petralia, and that is your look at the Bengals. Much more on Logan Wilson and Joe Flacco and more as we continue. Let's get a check on news stop by a hangout with us. We're here till nine. Here would be long. Next in Richwood, it's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution. Power by Tope Sheldon round Table Show presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW