Speaker 1: For the back to back world champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they.
Speaker 3: Printing money, The Dodgers continue, it's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tamle Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Bo Wrongo Casino.
Speaker 6: Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday, June twenty third, as your back to back world serious champions are on the road in rainy Minneapolis as they take on the Twins. Dodgers fifty and twenty nine on this season, the first team in baseball to the fifty win mark, first place atop of the NL West, they are running away with the division. After a serious opening over the Twins yesterday, the Dodgers look to do it again with Justin Robleski on the mound. First pitch and target field in Minneapolis is scheduled for four forty pm Pacific, but most likely we will start in a rain delay as the tarp is on the field and the rain is coming down.
Speaker 4: But we got you covered.
Speaker 6: No pun intended between now and then Here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts before this game eventually gets under away, we'll dive deeper into what this pitching matchup is gonna look like. David Vassa joins us throughout the hour and coming up in forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Not gonna miss it.
Speaker 6: David Vassie is gonna go one on one with Kyle Tucker. Certainly has not had the start of the season he had hoped since signing as a free agent. But we're gonna hear from the Dodger right fielder not in the lineup today, still bothered by the sore back. But you're gonna hear from Kyle Tucker one on one with David Vassi coming up again in forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 6: Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and just a few minutes we head out to the Galloping Ford broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, yesterday the Dodgers went with the opener and Will kleinb trying to get the right handers out. He struck out the first battery faced, but then the second batter old Byron Buxton, got the best of them.
Speaker 2: So even though they're productive, not as productive as they could have been. He's got forty runs batted him and a two to one he swings and hammers one deep left center field back toward the Wallpie has gone.
Speaker 1: Tie game.
Speaker 2: Buxton's twenty fifth home run of the season.
Speaker 1: It is one to one.
Speaker 4: Byron Buckston went the solo home run again.
Speaker 6: This came after show Hey Otani led off the game in the top of the first with a solo blast, his seventeenth of the year. The one nothing Dodgers lead gone just like that to Byron Buxton, and we were tied at one. Will Klein would go just the one inning. In came Eric Lauer as the bulk inning pitcher, a guy who probably should have got the start. He went six shutout innings. In fact, he didn't give up a hit over the six innings, walk three, but struck out two, threw eighty four pitches and cruised over his six innings of work. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense struggled against Zebbie Matthews. After the leadoff home run for show Hey o'tani, the game, remind remained tied at one all the way until the top half of the sixth inning, when the Dodgers unbroke the tie with the leadoff batter Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: I gotta have the feelings something's got to give here pretty soon for the Dodger offense.
Speaker 7: Yep, I have the feeling is gonna be a loud sound sometime soon.
Speaker 2: Freeman swings hits a high drive center field. Buxton looking up and this ball is gone A oh run right on, cue Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 7: I rest my case.
Speaker 2: Freeman gives the Dodgers a two to one lead, and Freddie with his three one hundred and eightieth career home run.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman goes deep. How did they know that was gonna happen?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: That untied the game, Dodgers with a two to one lead. Mention Eric Lawer, he went really well over six innings. In fact, the Twins win hitless between Royce Lewis's two out single the first and then an Austin Martin leadoff single in the eighth inning.
Speaker 4: That was it. Eric Lower struck out two along the way.
Speaker 6: Lower would exit after six innings of where Kyle Hurt got the eighth inning. Tanner Scott came in, pitched the ninth inning and put up a zero.
Speaker 4: Dodgers hang on for a two to one win.
Speaker 6: Eric Lower, good for him, gets the win, his third of the season, second as a member of the Dodgers. Tanner Scott picks up his tenth save of the season. Dodgers with the win, first team to fifty wins now fifty to twenty nine, best record in baseball, first place atop the NL West, and today, barring the rain, Dodgers look to do it again with Justin Robleski on the mound. First pitch schedule for four forty, but we're most likely going to be in a rain delay. Let's head out though to the gallop before broadcast booth as we say hello to Tidon Everdeen Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. It's the opposite weather today that we had for last night's game here in Minneapolis. Last night beautiful tonight not so beautiful and very wet. It's been raining since this afternoon, clouds and fog all downtown really obscuring the view of some of the buildings that are just beyond Target Field here as we get set for Game two of this three game series between the Dodgers and the Minnesota Twins. Dodgers winning two to one last night. Three home runs accounted for all the scoring. Byron Buxton had a first inning home run for the Twins, but Otani a leadoff home run, the thirtieth of his career career home run number two ninety seven, and Freddie Freeman hit his thirteenth of the year in his three hundred and eightieth of his career. Tonight, Kenry Rojas will start the game for the Twins. He is a left Handry not expected to go very far in the game, maybe a few winnings. Joe Ryan was supposed to start, but he came down ill, so he is out and Kendrey Rojas will get the start. He's one to zero the one two six era. Justin Robluski has been very, very good for the Dodgers this year, really a bright surprise at eight and two in a two seven to two era. Per Roblusky. He will face a Twins lineup of pretty much all right handers. There are three switch hitters in there, but one through nine they bat right handed against them.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers have to get the offense going a little bit better than what they were able to do actually, not only last night, but of recent games. On top of it, another one run decision, this one a two to one, But the Dodgers they had plenty of pitching, allowed his three hints, but from an offensive standpoint, zero for seven with runners in scoring position. Thanks for a couple of big home runs you were alluding to, but did they need to get that going a little bit more? And they're going to be playing underhanded a little bit more tonight because Kyle Tucker is not going to be available in any stretching to imagination lower back spasms a tightness that he experienced last night, and also with Dalton Rushing had to leave last night's ball game, ironic did in the first inning, Rushing took a foul ball off the mask and eventually had to leave the ballgame. So he's still under concussion protocol and probably not available the entire game tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, they did not taxi a catcher from the minor leagues, so the emergency catcher, I'm told will be Alex Call, and if not Alex call, it'll be Max Munson. So let's hope we don't get to the emergency catcher portion of the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and especially since Al's call is going to start in right field tonight and Max Buonci of course, will be at third base on top of it, so we're going to be able to see what happens. One thing that happens also in the catching corps. This is kind of interesting too. The Dodger catching corps in the month of June has a mask a total of just eleven hits, so they have been a few and far between as far as opportunities to get on base.
Speaker 2: And for chuck You Robinson, he has not had a hit in the big leagues since September of twenty twenty four. That's OH for twenty one in the big league since then, he's OH for his last eleven with the Dodgers. So it's about time Chuckie Robinson can get a hit and contribute offensively. Dodgers' first team in Major League Baseball to fifty wins fifty to twenty nine. The last time they were first to fifty was twenty twenty two. That year they also started fifty and twenty nine. They finished one to eleven and fifty one. Game two tonight, will tell you when it gets started. Just before it gets started, rain's still coming down here in Minneapolis. Dodgers and Twins coming up, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Hope to have an update on first pitch. The weather coming up in either about ten or fifteen minutes. As we cut you down, though, Dodger fans get a game day meal on nothing better than some Shaky's pizza.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can order right.
Speaker 6: Now shakys dot com. You can get that Shaky's pizza, that chicken, the mojos. I'm thinking we may do that.
Speaker 4: There's a little rain delay here in the studio.
Speaker 6: How about that Colin he's gonna pay coming up here. I'm Morago Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check you in, of course with David VESSI don't forget. He's gonna go one on one with Kyle Tucker. That's coming up in about thirty five minutes. We got your Otani rewind though next and we'll check you in with Kirsten Watson in rainy Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: So he leads up to Dodgers and Twins on this Tuesday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kays is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Oh you that one.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: He's the Dodgers and the Twins from rainy Minneapolis. Justin Robluski and Kinji Rojas will be the pitching matchup Game two of the three game sets.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewinde.
Speaker 2: First pitch came it six forty one Central time, seventy six degree the game time. Temp Otani swings Hammers want Deep Rey Field gone, leadoff home run number thirty in the career of show Hey O'tani his sixth this year. Instant offense and the Dodgers lead at one nothing.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure the balls even come down yet.
Speaker 1: What a blast.
Speaker 4: What a blast?
Speaker 6: Indeed, Show Hey Otani didn't tank long to get that home run out of the ballpark. The second pitch of the game, he took Deep into the plaza and right field at an eighty seven mile an hour change up in the middle of the zone from zeb Matthews and O'tani hit it out at one hundred and twelve miles per hour, clearing the right field seats at Target Field. Otani certainly likes playing there. He has four home runs and ten ribies in thirteen career games played at that ballpark. He was his sixth leadoff home run this season and his seventh in seventeen games in the month of June.
Speaker 1: It is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kirsten now joins us from Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: Before the game brought to you by.
Speaker 6: Cars for Kids donat now Carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with the k All right, Kirsten, what is the latest with the weather.
Speaker 8: Oh, Tim, it is rain, rain, and some more rain. But you know what, the hope is that they want to get this game in tonight. So what does that mean to be determined? It is seem likely that they could be starting in a delay. Nothing official at this moment, but yeah, there's a lot of rain in the forecast. It's really not supposed to open up until maybe like nine, nine thirty, and even at that point it may just be a lighter rain. It's come in spurts. We've had heavy, we've had drizzled, but it's been very steady, and we're talking to just some of the guys it's more of it's some type of rain that proves to be more of an annoyance than anything. So the hope is that they can get this game started though, and just have to battle through it tonight.
Speaker 6: What's the latest on the injuries, Kirston, Because yesterday we saw two Dodgers go out of the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they came out of the game early.
Speaker 8: So first let's start with Kyle Tucker. So when we spoke to him after the game last night, he was sharing that early in the game he felt basically his lower back kind of tightened up and then that led to a spasm. It was something he felt in the at bad and he wasn't really in both of his at bats, i should say, and he wasn't really sure kind of what the result was going to be. But once he got on base, pay the walk and then ran over a second with Tommy Edmund getting his hit, that's when he really felt it. And so Dave Roberts was aware that his back had been bothering him, so that was why he immediately took him out of the game. He had shared that he has experienced this backspasm in the past before last time, he said it felt like it was a little bit worse than this one that he's currently experiencing. Dave Roberts did confirm that he's unavailable today, likely just going to be unavailable the rest of this series and then they'll hopefully get him back out there on Friday in San Diego, but they just kind of want to give him a moment to reset, allow that back to feel better, but they are going to truly stay away from him, especially.
Speaker 1: Tonight and likely tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Then you've got Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 8: So Dalton Rushing to the foul tip off of his mask, went into concussion protocols and testing, so he's not in the lineup either today and they are gonna undergo one more round of testing with him, so that'll be at six pm local. Dalton came in today feeling that he's saying that he does feel a lot better and that he could be out there in the lineup, But Dave said, you know, especially when you have these young players, one like.
Speaker 4: Dalton Rushing, where he will go out there even if.
Speaker 8: It's probably against what the training stuff was saying. They were saying they're gonna wait to hear what the trainers have to say confirm that he's in the clear, but they don't expect he to be on a concussion all or anything either. And the hope is that not only could he be available off the bench tonight, but be back in the lineup tomorrow. So guys are feeling better, which is a good thing. We're grateful to be saying that no one is going on the il at this moment. But it definitely was a bit scary yesterday, or not even scary, but just concerning when you have two key guys coming out of the game.
Speaker 4: So early, no doubt about it. You hear the rain in the background.
Speaker 6: Stage Ry Kirsten, and hopefully this game gets in eventually.
Speaker 4: We'll check in with you after it's all done. Still to come here.
Speaker 6: I'm Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, will dive deeper of this injury report, and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Twins from rainy Minneapolis. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Brogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday afternoon, beautiful here in Southern California, raining in Minneapolis, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Twins Maronggo Casino Resort and spy a Grand Slam for good times. Justin Robleski and Kendri Rojas the scheduled pitching matchup from Minnesota. This game will not start on time, so we'll see what time first pitch eventually is. As the Dodgers get ready for their to get to fifty one wins on the season. First team to fifty wins this year is the Dodgers cruising in the NL West.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Here's an update.
Speaker 6: Will Smith on the IL with the next inflammation, ta Oskar Hernandez on the IL with the left hamstring strain.
Speaker 4: No Dalton rushing in the game.
Speaker 6: Still still okay from last night leaving the game with concussion like symptoms but checked out no concussion after the game, but just for precautionary reasons, not in the lineup today, so.
Speaker 4: That is certainly good news.
Speaker 6: Also, no Kyle Tucker still bothered by the backspasses, but you're gonna hear from Kyle Tucker coming up. In less than twenty minutes. We got Tyler Glassdow on the IL, Blake Snell on the IL. Edwin Diaz is starting the throwing program. That is good news. Looks like Evan Phillips, out of all the Dodger relievers, is the closest to returning sometime next month. Let's head back out to rainy Minneapolis and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else with.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 9: Well, we have a call in about forty minutes with Major League Baseball the Twins, and then hopefully we'll know a little bit more. You know, as it stands now, you know, guys would cancel bat and practice. Guys are getting cranked up indoors. But like I said, we'll know more about forty minutes, but hopefully there's not too much of a delay.
Speaker 8: You've got Justin Robleski starting today. When you think about just a player who has to pitch through whether it's rain, other things like that, I mean, how has he prepared himself for these moments that can pose different challenges.
Speaker 9: Justin's good in the sense that I don't think that, you know, circumstances conditions affect him. He's a very focused ballplayer, and so you know, once we have some clarity on what we're going to do, he'll be ready to go. And I don't think that you know, any type of weather conditions are going to affect him tonight today it's at six o'clock. But from what I hear, he said he's good to go. So that doesn't carry too much weight until I hear from the medical staff, but it is good to know that he said he's good to go. My hope is that he'll be available off the bench, you know, in some capacity. Tucker unavailable, so feeling better, but yeah, unavailable tonight.
Speaker 1: With the ils.
Speaker 7: That's sort of how you're feeling as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I think most likely will probably stay away from him this series and then you know, with hopes of getting him back in line up on Friday.
Speaker 1: I mean that given the way things about him that, you know, I mean, if you're already going to miss a few days anyway, that he's kind of give him the ten days is kind of I don't know.
Speaker 9: If being compressed, he said, you know, you know, I haven't. I don't think we've thought about that, but I do think that, you know, the four days might be with the off day would be a middle to that. And so hopefully that he has taken advantage of, you know this obviously to get right, but also kind of a mental reset. Hopefully the four days will suffice.
Speaker 6: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts talking about no Kyle Tucker available tonight, by Dalton Russian is available if needed off the bench. So that is certainly good news for the Dodger catcher, as the Dodgers already without Will Smith on the injured list.
Speaker 4: So we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: We will check in with David Vase get the latest from rainy Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: Also, how about.
Speaker 6: Them Dodger all stars who could be going to Philadelphia for the Midsummer Classic.
Speaker 4: He's got the latest. As we lead you up to.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Twins, I'm Tim Kason is the back to back World Series champion.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and the Minnesota Twins from rainy Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: The game expected to start in a rain delay.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpato, born in La and made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your plate.
Speaker 4: Helpato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Cats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Insider David Basse.
Speaker 6: All right, DV, what is the latest from Rainy target Field.
Speaker 5: Well, you just said we are expected to start the game in a delay. I got news for you, Tim. We are starting this game in a delay. That's official. We just don't know when this game will start. Effort everything from ten o'clock Central time to eight o'clock Central time. But the rain is still coming down pretty heavy right now. The tarp is on the field, the ground screw is trying to manage the tarf so when they do take the tarp off, it's not flooded with water. And one thing about target field, they may not have put a retractable roof on it, but they do have a pretty good drainage system on the warning track. And they just let the fans in the stadium about twenty minutes ago, So they have every intent on playing this game, even if it means starting it at ten o'clock Central time.
Speaker 6: That is a late start time for a game ten o'clock at night. All right, David's brought to you by Ford here for those.
Speaker 7: Eight o'clock your time.
Speaker 4: I'm sticking to you, David.
Speaker 6: You know your sleep habits brought to you by Ford, of course, and you're Southern California.
Speaker 4: Ford Dealers. Visit by Ford now dot com.
Speaker 6: They got a ployee pricing for everyone who walks in the door as we speak.
Speaker 4: All right, Dodgers all Star voting.
Speaker 6: David, what's the lightest as we get ready for the Midsummer Classic? What are we look at as far as guys going to Philadelphia?
Speaker 5: Well, I think like the biggest surprised him is that Freddy is leading all first basemen in the National League, and he's ahead of current Atlanta Bray first baseman Matt Olson, who you could argue is an MVP candidate this year. Freddy's ops is eight thirty eight. He hit his five hundred or three hundred and eightieth career home run last night. He's having a very fine season. But yeah, he's among the Dodgers that are leading the votes in the National League. Max Munsey, who hands down should be the starter at third base and the fans are getting that right. Andy Pat has same thing. He is leading all National League outfielders. Shoe hay O Tommi is leading all vote getters in both leagues with two point one million votes.
Speaker 1: The one also.
Speaker 5: Surprises that Will Smith is second, so he'll be going on to Phase two likely. So the Dodgers have a strong contingent of position players that are getting a lot of votes, and you would have to venture to say they're getting a lot of international votes these days.
Speaker 6: So doubt about that, David. What's the light with the twins? Joe Ryan, the All Star argue their best pitcher. Are the Dodgers going to see him in the next couple of days?
Speaker 5: Here we'll get this, tim Joe Ryan was supposed to start tonight and then obviously with the rain and everything that has come with it, all of a sudden, Joe Ryan was scratched for an illness. His illness was so bad tim that he was throwing in the bullpen when the rain was coming down. And tomorrow Joe Ryan and shoe Hey Otani will square off, and not coincidentally, about an hour ago, the Twins' Twitter account put out that marquee matchup Otani versus Joe Ryan with a link to buy tickets to Tomorrow's game. And the expectation is that they are going to have the largest crowd of the season at Target Field tomorrow night. Thirty five thousand plus are expected now, and my understanding talking to some of the Twins media members, they are going to open the gates thirty minutes earlier before tomorrow night's game. So Joe Ryan push back a day. With the rain, Otani and an illness, that's.
Speaker 4: Probably why they don't want to do a doubleheader tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Also, David, but yeah, great pitching matchup on paper with Joe Ryan and show Heltani.
Speaker 4: David, great stuff. Looking forward to your conversation with Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 6: Dodger fans. That's coming up in less than fifteen minutes. You're not gonna want to miss it. Still to comment here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear that. We're also gonna get your magical moment when we return. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Twins from rainy Minneapolis. The game will start in a rain Lawyer, as the tarp is on the field. We hope to get a weather update from Major League Baseball coming up in the next fifteen minutes. Don't forget coming up in just a few You're gonna hear from Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 1: But firm.
Speaker 7: I thought dog who wants to hot cod.
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawkeey hotails Ah.
Speaker 6: We go back to April thirtieth, two thousand and fourteen, Yes, sixteen years ago. The Dodgers in Minneapoli has taken on the Twins, a record day for the franchise.
Speaker 7: And here's Colobelo, the one one ground ball to short stop. Uh boy, that is Handler Ramirez. He will throw over the first base and that will close it out and the Dodgers become one of just four franchises in Major League Baseball history to reach ten thousand victories in their storied history.
Speaker 6: Yes, the Dodgers beat the Twins fourteen years ago, not sixteen years ago, twelve years ago, but I'm not wasn't a math major right? Twelve years ago twenty fourteen, Dodgers beat the Twins six to four for their ten thousand career franchise win. Congratulations to the Dodgers way back in twenty fourteen. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by a Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Hoffey hot Dogs local and so great. That's one guy calling you here as my math major, helping me out.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, we'll hear from Kyle Tucker. But also next Rick Monday, it's the Dodgers and Twins. We're starting in the Raindola, folks. I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Twins. This game will start in a rain. Dela pitching match was pretty good one. Justin Robleski, Kendree Rojas, it's time now for the Rizon startup. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cow Verizon store today.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Bassey, Here's La Dodgers broadcast and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 5: Once this rain ends, a lot of people are talking about the All Star Game for Justin Robleski. And if we get this game underway at whatever time and Robleski pitches the way he's pitched all year, I'm not sure how you leave him out of that conversation.
Speaker 7: I'm glad that you brought that up because for those that have not been keeping abreast of what's going on, Justin Robleski has made twelve stars plus one relief appearance. His record is eight and two, his er is under two and three quarters. Why would he not be in the thoughts and in the mix?
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts actually drew the parallel of a few years ago when Tony Gonsolin had his best year in baseball at the end of the year one eighteen games and just was one of those seasons, And it feels like that's what the All Star Game is.
Speaker 7: Some other numbers that we will talk about when Tim and I are doing the pregame show, I'm certain and it will enter into the ballgame as well. First of all, the banning average against it just two fifteen runners in scoring position, which to me tells a whole lot about when the game's on the line really important. Just a one ninety six banning average, so below the Mendoza lines. We referred to it as the Bob Yucker line because Bob Yucker's career batting average is a two hundred, ranted by Bob and Bill Walking number of years ago. Because I would be honored if you use my name as the Bob Bucker line. So that in itself, I mean, very good, very good point did you bring up here in particular home, I started to look at some numbers today. Ribleski's four and one both at home and on the road. But at home he's only allowed a one to fifty one banning average against. I mean, he basically has owned the home turf.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 5: Last night, the Dodgers and Twins combined to score three runs. They were all hit by home runs. Does it feel like at this point of the season that teams have built their identity, and the Dodgers' identity is if they hit home runs, they usually win well.
Speaker 7: That and if you make a mistake against the Dodgers' ball club, they will win a high percentage of the games. That's why you just cannot afford to make a mistake, a mistake against good teams, whether it be the Dodgers or anybody else. I look at the standings around Major League Baseball, I'm still kind of puzzled as to why there are only X number of teams that are even about five hundred. You know, is it parody?
Speaker 1: Is it what?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it bad years?
Speaker 7: Don't really know, but it is nice to see a couple of different teams are you know, kind of up there? For example, who would have thought on the twenty third of June. Coming into today's action in the America League Central Division, the Chicago White Sox will be tied for first place in the division.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody thought that would happen.
Speaker 5: But I will say this, it's been four or five years where they've had the first pick in the draft, so at some point you got to get some good players in the system.
Speaker 7: You think, yeah, it would be nice to be able to do that. There's no question the Dodgers start with a nine game lead over the San Diego Padres and the Nashley Western Division that a couple of different things have to take place. First of all, we're not going to see Kyle Tucker availability tonight. You heard that from Dave Roberts downstairs. But you're also going to be talking to mister Tucker a little bit later on on the pregame.
Speaker 5: Show, and I gave him some advice. I said, Hey, Friday in San Diego is a great day to start playing again.
Speaker 7: Okay, takes a good time. Okay, So now you're his playing managers, and.
Speaker 5: I'm his life coach, I'm his manager, back therapist, all of these things.
Speaker 7: Rick, Well, tomorrow is a showed Hey, Otan, he's going to be pitching correct. Yes, well, let me bring back another pitcher that turned into a hitter, and boy what a hitter he did. Because on his date We'll go back to nineteen seventeen with the Boston Red Sox. At the time, olboy Dabe Ruth walked the leadoff man, Ray Morgan was his name. On four pitches, he argued with the homeplate umpire named Brick Owens, and he was ejected one batter into the ball game. Babe Ruce ejected, so what happened? Well, I'm the name of Ernie Shores came into the contest. He retired twenty six consecutive batters, and then Morgan was thrown out trying to steal second on the really re first delivery. So you know, as it turns out baseball's first combined no hitter with Babe Ruce the starting pitcher thrown out of the game after facing one batter, and he walked and argued on the call.
Speaker 5: I wonder if the Babe went to the local tavern. Did he ever see the end of the game.
Speaker 7: He probably started to think. He probably did not wait till the ninth in he was over before going out there. He was a robust in his celebration of life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's another difference between him and Otani Clean living for show. Hey, While Babe chose other ways to get ready for games.
Speaker 7: I'm about Otani last night, I mean he launched one. I saw the replay today and there were some people sitting in the front row behind home plate that I was amazed. What happened was as soon as the ball left the bat, you saw the heads of the people the fans in this turned to their right as they're behind home and watching it, and then one, two, three, four almost gone cue their jaws dropped. Well, we experienced that a lot when we see him come to home play.
Speaker 5: You say this all the time, Rick, do not take your eyes.
Speaker 7: Take your eyes off of him, because you're liable to see something that is very very special.
Speaker 5: Whenever this game gets started, be in your seats and be ready.
Speaker 7: It's like tuning on the radio when David Vase is going to be present, because you never know. You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tim, that's a great endorsement. All back out of here before things change. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good time to back out the DV Dodgers Baseballtiperson of our Uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclow dot com, slash us. While this game will start in a rain, delay as the Dodgers and Twins both await the weather to blow through. When it does, we'll find out together. So we lead you up to Dodgers and Twins from Minneapolis. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers an jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Twins. Jess Robleski Kendre Rojas. The pitching matchup first pitch from target Field was scheduled for four forty Pacific, but the rain is causing that to be delayed. But first pitch now officially scheduled for five oh five Pacific seven oh five Central time in Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: So that is good news, not too long of a rain to delay about twenty five minutes.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. Win It's game day, It's group day at shakeys dot com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be Vess fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tugged.
Speaker 5: Well, I finally cornered Kyle Tucker. He's got nowhere to go because he's on a mischine right now. That's given his back some sort of therapy. Kyle, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Yep, thanks for cordering me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know right, you're buckled in. They you can't go anywhere. You're stuck talking to me.
Speaker 10: Oh perfect, right where I want to be.
Speaker 5: So what's this machine doing for your back? Right now?
Speaker 10: It's just like a PMF machine. It just kind of just pulses. So there's like a couple of different like attachments that you can do to it, and a couple guy like a couple of guys mostly pictures kind of use it. But it's just kind of like the electromagnetic waves and pulses through you. So I just came came here, sat down for a little bit to use it, and.
Speaker 5: Then I saw you, and then I saw Tommy Edmund doing this yesterday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not bad. I mean you just kind of sit down, hang out and let it, let it do his thing.
Speaker 5: How's the bag feeling today? You're not in the starting lineup. Good day to choose not to be in the starting lineup with this rain. But how's the bag feeling.
Speaker 10: It feels better. Kind of locked up yesterday and was kind of tight and sore. Today it's better, uh so, kind of sore and bothers to kind of rotate a little bit, but it's better than yesterday. So that's that's good improvement.
Speaker 2: Kyle.
Speaker 5: Okay, A lot of people have asked you a lot of different questions that I'm not sure I would ask as far as your hitting goes. But I do have specific questions to ask you that nobody's asked. Number One, you're swinging at the first pitch more than you ever have in your career. Why do you think that is?
Speaker 10: I was I think at the beginning of the season. I mean, it kind of just depends. I mean, if sometimes that's the best pitch you're going to get in that bat, I mean, if they're throwing it in the middle ish part of the zone, like I might as well swing at that, then take that and then have to swing at pitches on the corner. So I just gotta probably do a little bit petter job at not missing those ones.
Speaker 5: I guess. Dave Roberts said yesterday, you're a guy that would run counts deep, you know, be very selective. Do you feel like if you get back to doing that and maybe going back to who Kyle Tucker was swinging at the first pitch thirty four percent of the time, that could help you moving forward.
Speaker 10: I mean it just depends. I mean, if you get first pitched fastball in the middle, I mean that, like I said, that could be the best pitch that you're gonna see that at bat, So you just take your chances of that, and you know, if they throw something out of the zone, then you can work deeper into accounts. So it kind of just depends on the ad bat and how it goes. I mean, if you have four bats and the first pitch is all you know, fastball or something right down the middle, and you see four pitches, like I mean, you at least swung at the ones you wanted to swing at. It just kind of as a matter of fact of putting the barrel to the ball a little bit better and making things happen.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like pitchers are pitching you differently this year because it feels like those first pitches are a lot more spin than they were fastballs in years past.
Speaker 10: I think it just depends. I mean, I'm sure teams look at how other teams fitch me and see whatever success that someone's had or what worked, so kind kind of just depends on the pitcher or the catcher and like the team and their game plan and stuff. So I remember, regardless, I can got to hit it either way.
Speaker 5: All right, here's a right, Hey, Miguel Rojas endorsing this interview right now in the rain delay with Kyle Tucker. Okay, so here's another one everybody trying to diagnose. Be Kyle Tucker's number one hitting coach no more. Garcia Para did a whole thing on TV about just the way that your stride seems to be more than it has been in years past. Is that something that you're conscious of, Is it something that you're trying to shorten up? What do you say about the stride being too big this year?
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm sure it has, I mean has varied throughout my career. And sometimes I'm taller, sometimes I'm more closed or open. Sometimes its strides a little bit bigger, shorter. Kind of just depends, and honestly, whatever's feeling right that day or whatever's working at the time. I just kind of ride with it. But this year I've kind of been searching for what's worked and trying to make that consistent every single time. So it's kind of just been trying to find something that's that's working and just trying and hold on to it.
Speaker 5: The last day at home, I thought it was amazing. I was waiting for you, Tucker, in front of your locker, and I was told that right after the final out of the game, you went into the cage to work to try to figure out whatever You're trying to figure out. Where does that come from? And do you believe too many swings can be counterproductive?
Speaker 10: I mean maybe at times.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 10: I mean I've hit after the game a couple of times, just trying to figure it out or hoping that something clicks so I go into the next day feeling better. So I mean, I mean hittings that constantly trying to get better. You're never gonna be perfect, but I'm just trying to find something that helps.
Speaker 5: I feel like All Star Break could help you reset, clear your mind, not have to talk to people like David Vass saying come back Yankee Stadium and be Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean Obviously, I'd like to not have the time off there an ulcer break, because that means you played pretty well in the first half and you get the opportunity to play in the Oscar game. But She's kind of most important thing is just trying to play better throughout the year, get to the playoffs and really take off from there.
Speaker 5: It feels like your teammates have continued to support you, love on you. How much has that meant?
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 10: I mean this team is full of great talent and great people, so I mean everyone's here to try and one in another world's series and get back to the highest point in baseball. So I mean everyone's here to support each other and get better individually and as a group overall.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time. Great to share you with Dodger fans. It's not all about baseball. Tucker's a well rounded man right here. Hope the back feels better and I feel like, definitely this is going to help you get ready for San Diego. Here's my recommendation. I know the trainers around here can appreciate this. Take it easy, We'll see We'll see you Friday in San Diego.
Speaker 10: Awesome sounds good.
Speaker 5: Thanks there he is my guy. Yes, that's right, officially my guy, Kyle Tucker receive a gift card to Capitol Grill, Fine Dinning for a fine guy. Tanner Scott will not be there. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of Deve'll take that gift card from Kyle Tucker as we get you ready for first pitch again. Schedule for four forty will not be on time, but the good news is we are looking at a five to five pm first pitch.
Speaker 4: Who's on the mound. We'll dive deeper to that pitching match up next. Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: HiT's the Dodgers and Twins say, rain delay from Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: Good news, folks.
Speaker 6: First pitch is schedule for five oh five Pacific.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 6: Matchup brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Kendre Rojas on the mout of for the Twins. Twenty three year old leftander out of Cuba, a starter coming up through the Toronto Blue Jays system before he was traded to the Twins last year at the deadline. No wins, no losses, but a one twenty six erra. He made his major league debut on April twenty second. He has total five appearances one start for the Twins this year, again at one twenty six erra at the big league level, and he's found success with the four seing fastball, which is averaging ninety six miles per hour and holding opposing hitters to a one to eight team batting average. He makes his return from the injured list, where he had tricep inflammation. His last starts came back in May. He was touched up for five earned runs and an inning in a third and a rehab appearance just last Thursday in Triple A. The Twins came away, please enough with this velocity and man, so they brought him back and activated him off the il. He gets to start tonights. He's made one start and covered at least three innings in five appearance as a bulk inning guy. Last appearance again made twenty third, three innings, one hit, three strikeouts against the Boston Red Sox. Justter Roblesky maybe an All Star this year. The twenty five year old left hander eight and two with a two seventy two eer race.
Speaker 4: He's been really good in every role that.
Speaker 6: He's been asked to do in three seasons in the Big leagues an opener, a starter, a reliever, a bulk inning guy. This year he has emerged as a part of this rotation. Making his thirteenth start, and he's already established a career high at innings and wins this season and forty five career games that he has pitched in the Big leagues, including twenty starts. Last time out, Justin Robleski got the win over the Tampa Bay Rays. Six shutout innings, allow just three hits with five strikeouts. It's Justin Robleski and Kendrey Rojas the pitching matchup Dodgers in twins. Keys to the game are come up and we'll get you more on the start time when we return. I'm Tim Kason is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Twins j Justin Robleski Kendre Rojas the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for the start of the game, which will be delayed with the Sapporo Start your great moment, Start with supporto Beer.
Speaker 4: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: Sapporo has you covered with a variety crisp and refreshing lockers, Incleaning light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Game two of this three game set will be delayed. A four to forty first pitch was scheduled. However, it's gonna be pushed back to five oh five Pacific, so that is good news not too long of a rain delay as they take the tarp off the field and get the field prepared for first pitch. The Dodgers going to play first place atop the n L West, be ahead of the San Diego Padres who are taking on the Atlanta break. He was also the Arizona Diamondbacks in action in just a few minutes there in Saint Louis to take on the Cardinals.
Speaker 4: Dodgers again fifty to twenty nine.
Speaker 6: Nine games up on San Diego ten and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, so when we come back, we'll get you out to Minneapolis. Tim and Rick will have an update from the field. This has been Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network