Speaker 1: Six two seven hundred wl W the Cincinnati Tax Resolution, Paramke Hope Show, a Wound table show hanging out at Long Necks Ian Wilder. It's brought to you in part by Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hacksworth Donors, Save Lives Close to Home. Who will you say? We're in search of our guy tracks from c l NS since he with a y dot Com. Let's continue rock the Joe Burrow conversation. If you go back to Thursday night, he he seemingly moved well, he created on the run. They trusted him to sneak it on on fourth and one. There were a couple of moments I cringed a little, and the fact that he threw thirty two passes in the first half. I didn't. I wouldn't have bet that would have been the case going in, but he came out of it well. He uh is now the subject of a great conversation earlier today with Jabbard Chase talking about Joe Burrow, a perfect segue to our guy who covers the Bengals for c l NS since he with a Y dot Com to the Jungle War podcast on YouTube. The man they refer to a Trags and Mike Patralla. Jamar talked today and while he's not ready to give a new nicknamed Joe, talked about him coming back to quote saved the season and really acknowledged how emotional Thursday night was for Joe, didn't.
Speaker 2: He Yeah, Captain America has definitely saved not only Joe burrows season, but he not only saved his own season. I think he saved and gave new hope to the Bengals season. There is no doubt that the Bengals are a different entity when he is calling the signals when he is in command, and yes, he's only in charge of his eleven on offense, but when he's on the field, when he's in the locker room before the game, there's a different vibe to the Bengals. And that's why he is Joe Burrow and that's why that him fifty five million dollars a year is to be that guy. And so I think that is what you're going to see in the last five games from the Bengals, at least the Bengals hope so.
Speaker 3: Well to that point, Mike, I mean, the defense certainly played better. Did did anybody on the defense this week? Talk about just the fact that Burrow was back in the energy that that may have given them.
Speaker 2: Not in particular Rocky, but I can tell you after the game the other night, guys like Joseph Osai and Miles Murphy, both of whom have increased their or improved their game at various points this season, talked about how Joe Burrow, when he's on the field and in command, they feel like he gives them a better chance to play complimentary football. And you know, I think early in the season the defense did not perform well period, but they really felt the pressure because Burrow wasn't on the field. They weren't. They didn't feel like they were going to score a lot of points initially, and with Jake brown all due respect to Jake Browning, they didn't. With Joe Flacco, they started to score points, but the defense was so lost at times that they couldn't sustain their play. So I think now with the defense really finding a groove, with guys coming into their own, like I said, with Joseph Oosai and Miles Murphy really improving and upping their game, I think that they think that they can start playing real, genuine, complimentary football.
Speaker 1: Trags. What can you tell us about and the much talked about new cleat that Joe is wearing, and he seems committed to it at least the rest of the year, isn't.
Speaker 2: He he is? And the one thing you need to understand, and Joe Burrow admitted this on Wednesday, he does not feel super comfortable wearing it, but it will protect him because it keeps the tow the left big toe from bending backwards. And even at this point of the rehab, they cannot afford for that toe to bend backwards because he could have a relapse. So they have what Joe Burrow called a carbon graphite instrument in the toe to keep that toe in place, and then they have a special orthotic combined with the carbon instrument to make sure that the toe is secure and that he's mobile enough so that he can run. That's the other part of it. They didn't want to just have a brace on his foot, obviously, because he wouldn't be able to move very well. What they seem to have done is they have seemed to find that sweet spot between protecting the big toe and allowing him enough mobility to move out of the pocket and drags it.
Speaker 3: If that defense going back to them wants to continue this hot streak. Boy would help if Trey Hendrickson was playing. What's the status And he's been over a month, five weeks that he's been out, it seems like no no end in sight.
Speaker 2: Now it doesn't rocky in that's unfortunate, but apparently it's a type of lower core muscle injury that's not healing very fast. And I'm not going to get into the business of saying whether or not he should push it, or whether or not he should be on the field, or you know, would a different player handle the injury. You just can't get inside a player's mind. It's full fool's gold or foolhardy to get into that kind of business. And I'm not going to do that. All I can tell you is he did not practice again today. It's unlikely he will play on Sunday in Buffalo. Maybe, just maybe, if the Bengals get on the precipice, the real precipice of the playoffs in the final two weeks at home against Arizona, at home against Cleveland, if and there, if they're in a position then to make a run. And Trey Hendrickson feels like he's recuperated it. Maybe then you could see him on the field, because there's got to be a reason. I think at this point the Bengals have not yet placed him on injured reserves treigs.
Speaker 1: There's a lot obviously going right these days with the offensive line. How big has Dalton Reisner's ability to get settled in and replace the injured Jalen Rivers. How big has that been for putting the pieces in place for that line?
Speaker 2: But it's been massive, Lance, because he has done his Zach Taylor said on Monday, the little things that maybe a rookie doesn't know how to do. He gets the little shades here and there on pass protection. He's really done a great job in run blocking and the consistency sometimes, Lance, when you put two rookies in that middle of that offensive line, the consistency isn't always going to be there. Yep. And as good as Dylan Fairchild has luck and as good as Jalen Rivers looked at time games, the consistency wasn't always there. Well with Dalton Reisner, Uh, they've seen a uptick in the consistency. The middle of the offensive line has provided better pass protection and I think it's really helped Uh the outside guys the tackles uh certainly in uh uh Orlando Brown Junior and the right tackle to really come into their own. And also it's allowed for the right for guys like samaj p Ryan and Drew Sample to really chif in a Marius mems. I didn't forget who's the right tackle of.
Speaker 1: The Oh good, uh great story today, the secret sauce that makes Joe cook in this offense. For those who want to read that, watch your stuff, follow along with your stuff, tell them how they can do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please do it. Celn s Sinc. With a y dot com. I really enjoyed writing the story today on Joe Burrow because we can all read the stats, right, we can all see the analytics of why Joe Burrow has been great over his first six full NFL seasons. But I kind of wanted to get into why mentally it makes a difference for him to be back on that field in charge of the offense. So I tried to provide a little of that perspective in that story. Also, you can follow all my Jamar Chase and Ted Carris. How about Ted Carris Second Bengals, Walter Payton Man of the Year or honor in three years. I've got some good video from Ted and an interview up on my X page at Trags p r ags and of course, as always my YouTube page YouTube dot com slash Jungle.
Speaker 1: War Pod excellent stuff. As always, thank you Sarah. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 2: And I promise not to forget a Marius Man.
Speaker 3: We're gonna quise you next week.
Speaker 2: You're ready, you gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Thanks ay Strakes