Speaker 1: The news Jokeye starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, Shoot twenty fifth, twenty twenty six. Watch to get You Today from twin earthquakes, hit Venezuela to a veterinarian goes viral for insane summer pet advice and absolutely bizarre rumors shock the world in Kenya, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, tech sam more see ladies here. So are you? You can join us with a dispatch send yours now over at thenewsjunkie dot com. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Jokie. Your message is rolling A writer of the studio at a real time. Hey everybody, how we all do it? On a Thursday?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Good, not bad?
Speaker 3: Quick announcement, quick announcement, your quick announce alright. On Thursday, we will be taking your confessions once again today absolution.
Speaker 2: That's right, You've come to the right place.
Speaker 3: If you want free absolution on a Thursday, come to us with your confessions, your dispatches and emails. Your confessions are accepted. Today we will give you absolution for whatever you've done, no matter what it is, say very particular things, almost everything has gotten absolution.
Speaker 2: So far on this show.
Speaker 3: What if we not give an absolution for it might might be like I killed my friend and we'll be like, whoa, I don't know. That's one of the big ones there. Usually we just say yes, we you know, we absolve you. Free apbsolution here for your confessions on a Thursday via dispatch and email, and best confession gets a big prize. Okay, all right, a fantastic you all like the merch you could ask for a bunch of stuff sent directly to you for your best profession.
Speaker 2: That's right. They call it a prize back of the radio world. I'm going to do that forever. Oh, we have details about our live show coming up next week. We haven't done a live show at about eighteen billion years.
Speaker 3: We are really really waiting for the moment to arrive here, and the moment has arrived. So next Friday we're gonna be live. We'll have the video set up out there Sea Len's new video setup, so we should be looking better than we have when on remote before and it's going to be a blast. So we've got lots of stuff to start leaking out to you starting today about the big upcoming broadcast next week. So here we go. Let's get started. Lit's pen our ears the ground, our fingers of the pulse. Let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to well, you know where we're going. We're having fun with the World Cup stuff. Still this time it's not the the Tartan Army. It's the Japanese folks. Folks. Indeed, yes, I said it like there if this were automobile racing. The Scottish and the Japanese are kind of one takes the lead, then the other takes the lead, and then they're back and forth and back.
Speaker 2: They're both fun. Man, they're fun. They're both having a big top. I've been drinking all day. They're like drinking some more. This is the best count we ever.
Speaker 3: You know what all that means, he lad, is they both know their strengths. Okay, that's what they know. They both know their strengths absolutely. And in this case we're talking about our friends in Japan. So let's go over and see what happened. There was a Japan in Dallas. Over in Dallas's a Japan in Dallas. Well, there was a japan fan in Dallas. I should just call the person just fit a whole Japan right there in Dallas. That's how big Dallas is. Everything's bigger in Japan, aren't you. No, I shouldn't call him that. You're a Japanese fan, a Japanese World Cup fan is in Dallas, Texas. And he's talking about how he's out of money, he doesn't have any more paid time off or PTO left. Oh god, but he's still not willing to miss any games. All right, he doesn't want to miss any games. Let's go to him to start the show.
Speaker 2: Here we go. I want to look at you sign. You're from Tokyo, a lot of money, having money, you got any pto? Oh my god pg O. First of all, everything's so dramatic. Oh my god, pd O. All that's over the top, great dramatic. And and he's got this little sign that says money left zero. P t O left zero, Japan game, miss zero. You haven't missed any Japan games? And so yes, oh guys, oh Japan match. What about your memories?
Speaker 1: Memory is infinity.
Speaker 4: It's not you pas pt oh, p t O pto.
Speaker 3: He's chanting p t O out there, so maybe he could say a little longer for the World Cup, and this guy is just having a good time in America. You can do that, apparently, even when you have no PTO. Sure, yeah, you're able to pull those things off.
Speaker 5: P t O.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard that chanted before, but that's what he is.
Speaker 2: And of course he doesn't want to go back to work.
Speaker 3: This is life now that people have now realized, Hey, is it possible that we accelerate the AI takeover? You take all of our jobs very quickly, and then you just give us all the AI money and we all become rich from the robots work until they take us over. And if we could just start that right now, that'd be great. That's what this guy's saying. It's just gonna be a good time. So there they are, the Japanese fans out in Dallas for the World Cup, still having fun. The Scottish fans, though, we got to give them their say as we start out here, and of course I am going to get to the absolute horror movie that is playing.
Speaker 2: Out in Venezuela.
Speaker 3: For those of you not following, it's very interesting details on this coming up in the second segment of the show. But let's start off with a little more fun stuff because Scotland is still loose in South Florida. They're all over the place running one Polka mania running wild out there. More than forty million people worldwide claim Scottish ancestry.
Speaker 2: I am among them, Well.
Speaker 3: Not really, I'm French and Irish actually, But forty million people out there are Scottish, and many are in South Florida right now. I don't know how many, but it seems like all of them seem like Scottish. Maybe I should refer back to that t mood DNA test. You bought me that one time.
Speaker 2: It was a nice gift, Felane.
Speaker 3: It was a nice gift that I gave you to tell you your ancestry. And it said, basically, he's.
Speaker 2: Just like a little British British boy. He's an a Or were you Swedish? There's a lot of Swedish. There's a lot of the Scandinavian, then the Viking kind of blood.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, these folks, they call them the Tartan Army. They're out there in force. They formed the Society, the Scottish American Society South QUARTERDA back in nineteen eighty three to welcome these folks in. In moments like this, they've got their pipe band out there, They've got all of that stuff. But one of my favorite things is they just can't get enough of all of the different fun American things that you can do.
Speaker 2: And they're out there.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny because they think a lot of us are cowboys, which is you know, most of us just say, you know, if you're watching from Scotland or Europe or anywhere out there, most of us are not actually cowboys, right, we are not we are we do, we are not cowboys. Most we don't have cowboy hats. I don't even own a cowboy hat. For God's sake, I can't own a cowboy hat. They don't make them that big folkus. I've tried.
Speaker 2: I've tried to look for one. I mean, I if you own a cowboy hat store, I challenge you to find a big enough cowboy hat for me. Yeah, it's not gonna work for him.
Speaker 3: But for these Scottish folks, they are now play acting and LARPing as rednecks, which is even more fun. I mean, they come in they're like, what do we do when they go, well, we're American, Let's put on some cowboy hats and let's go mutting. So they're literally going mudding in the United States of America, falling in love with America, one mudding truck at a time, four wheeling through.
Speaker 6: The muck of south central Texas.
Speaker 2: They're in Texas here Drew.
Speaker 6: Has invited two couples from Poland and France to his thirty acre spread for a two day taste of Texas.
Speaker 3: All right, these particular people trying it out this time are from Poland and France, right, but people from all over the world have been flooding to things like this, and they are out there like play acting, like they think Americans play act, which is kind of funny because I've never done half the things that they're doing. This farmer that invited them out, did you hear his name?
Speaker 2: What's his name? Drew Has Drew Huss, Drew tru has he He would never want to be friends with me because every time I see him and be like Drew.
Speaker 3: If it was German tourists, then they're like, what's your name? Drew has?
Speaker 2: Okay, Drew Han from Rigsteime.
Speaker 7: And get them to experience that wanted to open the world up to my home. My soul's been lit on fire.
Speaker 6: Your soul's.
Speaker 2: The CBS news guy is like, sir, I'm sorry, hold on, your soul's been lit on fire. Seems so surprised by that. Yeah, you know, what's.
Speaker 3: Happening here, which is great, is like this reinvigoration in America where people are like, oh, okay, you know, like we don't have a beater, Like our country has got a lot of cool stuff. Still it's just idiots fighting over politics and like stuff you don't like in the political world.
Speaker 2: But our stuff is pretty cool, you know, and we got some cool stuff.
Speaker 3: And and this guy goes, it's reinvigorated my soul, And the CBS guy's like, whoa.
Speaker 7: I want to show them my Texas and get them to experience that because I wanted to open the world up to my home. My soul's been lit on fire. Your soul's been little on fighting, lit on fire.
Speaker 2: Just all these people enjoy themselves. Here is this on cowboy stuff.
Speaker 6: David Massour and mark A Bijinska live inside Lesia, southwestern Poland.
Speaker 3: All right, so this is this is very different for them, Right, they're from Poland.
Speaker 2: They've come all the way over here, and they're like, oh, we're gonna do line dancing. We're gonna put on our cowboy hats, like every American does. They kind of think, they kind of think it's a bit like when you arrive into Hawaii and they put the lay on you. Some of these tourists are thinking, like you get to America, they go, well, here's your cowboy hat, partner.
Speaker 3: Here you go, get in your mudd and truck and let's do a little bit of this again, just you know, to the Polish people, to the French people. I do not know how to line dance. I'm an American, right, Okay, born in America, raised in America.
Speaker 2: Can you do the ones where they tell you what to do? Which one? What do you mean? What one hop this time? Yeah? Yeah, I'm not Yeah, I'm a compet in your songs that tell you what the dance moves are. I don't remember what they are right now, but I remember, like if I went to the Lime Dancing Bar back in the day, I was like, oh, it's one of the songs that tells you what to do. I'm in let's go yeah, Watermellon Crawl right yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: I Copperhead Road Okay, I remember that one too, Yeah, so they think we all do this. They think we wake up and have breakfast and do this, like we have an American breakfast and then we go all there.
Speaker 7: We go, and then you're gonna grab my hand right here.
Speaker 6: Just taught them to dance the two steps.
Speaker 2: I would say, it's all new to us. My dad grew up watching like John Wayne Westerns. You want to see it for yourself. I was a bit skeptical about it, but then I just feel like, yes, some cowboys. Yeah right, okay, let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: Polish guy, don't ever don't ever let your imagine they're together. Don't ever let your girlfriend or your wife dance with some strangely polished cowboy. Yeah, chiseled jaw and like you know, a little bit of careers land.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because every movie I've seen doesn't end well when the cowboy gets his impression on your lady friend. I don't think that's gonna work out here. There are BUCkies, of course. This one has ninety eight pumps and ales of Americana. It's so funny because it's almost like I'm now picturing it, like if you go to Africa and you go on like a safari and They're.
Speaker 5: Like, well, you know, here is the lion, mister Watson, and over here is the water buffalo.
Speaker 3: And they you know, they're showing you all the cheetah. You know, they're showing you all the animals that you know from like the the African Safari world.
Speaker 2: In our world, it's like here it here is the watermelon crawl.
Speaker 3: You know, here here is like they're giving him. Here's BUCkies. It's part of the tour. The World Cup has been huge for BUCkies. Freddy went to BUCkies.
Speaker 2: Now these Polish people are going to BUCkies and and I think BUCkies is just sitting there going all right, let's bring in the money. You know what's funny about that sea land. When I think about that, I go All I know is the companies that haven't advertised during the World Cup. The Colgate company that like they tried to get them to remove they're advertising because it was on the arena where they're performing. Oh, Gillette that had to cover sixty seats Gillette, Yeah, Giletta had to put a little marker over sixty one thousand seats in the stadium. All I know is the companies that aren't actually advertised. Levi's which you can see right through the covering on that, like you can almost still see it, say Levi's and it's definitely the shape of it. But I just think it's so funny that BUCkies has turned into this thing because I find BUCkies to be a relatively young company. They're not. They're just a little older than myself, and they've only really ramped up in the past ten fifteen years or so and become this household name. And now that the World Cup is back in America, it's turned into like a quint essential American thing over now, Yeah, yeah, are you're right?
Speaker 3: I mean not to bring too much a stupid history into it, but if you go back to my childhood, it was pretty similar to I think a lot of people who grew up in the southeastern United States. Then you had a handful of gas stations that you were familiar with. So you had like Shell and Mobile and BP, and you know, you had.
Speaker 2: Most of those.
Speaker 3: You might have a couple of little like Local Change Amaco. You know Doaamco?
Speaker 2: Is that it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Damn it you. I'm sure they have a song too now they're doing. Those two were different. I used to get them confused when I was a kid, you would go to all of these predictable gas stations that you grew up with, and then all of a sudden, there was a big breakthrough. The breakthrough started with a couple of different places, but one.
Speaker 2: Of them was wah Wah. Right.
Speaker 3: Wah Wah was a regional gas station in the northeast, heavily in Pennsylvania, I believe, and it started to spread out. And then all of a suddenhuah Wahs were everywhere and it changed the gas station experience. And then Bucky started spreading out. For what Texas was, I think that's where it came from, that started spreading out. But now it's like Buckis is just seen as America, at least by these World Cup folks for sure.
Speaker 2: Right May began expanding outside of Texas in twenty eighteen. Oh really, that's it.
Speaker 3: From nineteen eighty four to twenty eighteen, Yeah, they were only in Texas.
Speaker 2: It was only a thing you could find in Texas. Wow.
Speaker 3: By the way, my African accent was a huge hit in chat to say.
Speaker 2: Shouts out to you folks nailed that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's because of my time spent in a couple hours on the oldest on the oldest continent there.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what else they haveten by a mega gas station.
Speaker 7: This is the America that I want to live in. This is the America that I know it can be.
Speaker 6: Bucky, America is your own best ambassador.
Speaker 2: We really love this lifestyle. We enjoy every second of it. We just want to like soak it in. So funny because they're mudding in a truck, the wheels are spinning, they're doing all of this stuff, and you go, you know what, let's just let them think that's totally what we all do. Yeah, that's that's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: And in a way it's right, isn't it because it is regionally correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it is an American experience. Right.
Speaker 3: If you were a kid growing up in Brooklyn, you're gonna have a different American experience. If you were a kid growing up in Los Angeles, California, you're gonna have a different American experience. Or Miami, Florida. Right, That's that's kind of the glory of it all. I think it's pretty damn cool to me. So there was Poland in France, the Torris having fun at Texas.
Speaker 2: It's very funny to me that the they're like, oh, let's bring you over here and go mudding in a truck, like one of the simplest pleasures you could offer somebody. And meanwhile, there's like a six Flags over Texas, go.
Speaker 3: We have rollercoasters here. We have spent millions, We have invested so much money. Please come hang out over here.
Speaker 2: Very talented engineers have put together an experience for you. And you are in a pickup truck that looks like it's been it's got two hundred thousand miles on it at least going through mud. But that's not how it works.
Speaker 3: How it works is what people want to do, and that's what they want to have some fun. They want to go get that American experience. MFQ says, it's very much part of American culture.
Speaker 2: It all is.
Speaker 3: This is my point, like all of it together is. And then when they see how much variety there is here, these World Cup fans are going, oh, that's cool.
Speaker 2: What the hell? We don't have that much variety where we come from, for god's sake.
Speaker 3: A couple of emails real quick, Matthew emails tips at the news chunky dot com.
Speaker 2: He says, Sean.
Speaker 3: Florida, Nevada and other tourist states have a rule that if a tourist does an arrestable offense, they get arrested one hundred percent of the time because they will never come back to court. They'll just choose to not visit the state again. So they had no choice but to arrest the parents on that Florida beach as opposed to giving them a ticket just because they're from Texas. This happened to me right when I first moved to Florida. I had my Colorado license still, all I had was a broken marijuana pipe. Why do you why don't you just throw it away? That's it, nothing else.
Speaker 2: I was arrested. I've seen people not throw a broken marijuana pipes. It really comes off as kind of frashy.
Speaker 3: I was arrested, and they made it clear, and it's because I had a Colorado ID or they would have given me a ticket.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the email, Matthew.
Speaker 3: I don't know how true or not true that is that they just arrested a couple like the couple that ditched their baby on the beach that we talked about a few days ago, because they're not local residents, and they don't think they'll come back.
Speaker 2: I've heard of friends of mine going.
Speaker 3: To other states and getting tickets and stuff, for sure, not getting arrest tickets though.
Speaker 2: But getting arrested is different. I mean, you have to come back. You'll be held in contempt of court, and they don't come rope your ass up and bring you back. Right, Yeah, I mean that's what I would think. But maybe Matthew's right. We'll see what people say. Another Matthew says, Sean, watch the whole video about those parents walking away from the baby on the beach. I think you'll feel less sympathy for the parents, although I do agree they shouldn't have been arrested because they do seem like straight edged parents that made a mistake. But they went all the way down the beach, like as far as you could walk for thirty minutes and walk back for thirty minutes. They definitely abandoned the baby for that hour. They didn't keep an eye on it from afar.
Speaker 3: They could have told their beach neighbor, if anything goes wrong, will be a half mile that way, but they didn't do it, says Matthew. To be clear, Matthew's a strange when this happens to me. I think we're absolutely in agreement on this, okay, because I don't really have a lot of sympathy for the parents. I don't care about the parents. I never express sympathy for the parents. I have sympathy for the kids. And when you said I do agree they shouldn't have been arrested, well, I was just saying it would have been better if they weren't physically arrested, because that separated them.
Speaker 2: Even more from the kids. Better for the children to not further separate them physically arrest them or yeah, who do the kids go to DCF? You know, any of that stuff. Better for the children for that. But still like the alternative, you know, in our minds is not let the parents off scott free, like they should see some repercussion for this.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Yeah, I don't have any sympthy sympathy for him. And in terms of what they did was wrong and they should maybe learn a lesson and stuff, I just sometimes think we do like a two wrongs make a right thing, where I think, you know, two wrongs don't make a right. We could have done this so that they paid a punishment, but maybe one of them was put in jail, not the other ones, so they could take care of the kids. That's what I was looking for there. Sorry if that didn't get across. Anonymous says Sean, I work at a bank. I'm wondering if you can do a bill pay with your your current situation, like go into online banking, put in the electric company as a bill to be paid. Sometimes done electronically, sometimes the bill pay system mails a check. Either way, you have to have the fun for them to do what the electric company may put it through.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. That's not bad. That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: For I was talking about the spider curse got me here in the studio and now I cannot pay my power bill unless I paid in person for a year long story. Talked about it at the at the beginning of the show yesterday, and finally Katie says, Hi, guys, Obama and Biden spent three hundred to four hundred million dollars on that reflecting pool, and it still looked like crap and it's stunk. Trump fixed it in the haters vandalize it. Bitch at those people, tell them you want your money back. Love to all from Katie, I do not know. Can we very very very quickly? Did Obama and Biden spend three hundred four hundred million dollars on the reflecting pool.
Speaker 2: When who was president in two thousand and nine? Two thousand and nine would have been Obama think, but I'm not positive. Using funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of two thousand and nine, the National Park Service reconstructed the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. Thirty point seven to four million dollar project began in November twenty ten. Then it sounds like they just rebuilt the pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I went by ten years ago, maybe it was still nice.
Speaker 2: It wasn't didn't stand click, she was saying, But all right, there, we got a quick break. When we come back, we're get into it.
Speaker 3: We got to get into the situation obviously happening in Venezuela at some point here.
Speaker 2: I might need a little more time to do that.
Speaker 3: When we come back, it's summer, it's hot, and I just heard and this is going viral, so we have to address it. The most unhinged advice from a veteran area about what we should be doing with our pets during the summer is this true. We'll go over and it's coming up next in the news. Chunk kye. I want to put this out there because it's one of those things that makes me feel a little bit crazy. And this is a person who says they're an expert. Now, I'll be honest with you. When I was little, I had a lot of respect for experts. But the older I get, the more I'm like, this.
Speaker 2: Person is an expert. What the hell is going on here? And it's hot.
Speaker 3: We all know that eighty eight degrees As I speaking to this microphone right now, many of you are outside in the middle of it. And I feel terrible that that's the situation you find yourself in in the heat of the summer.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: They got people over in Europe just melting, melting because these idiots won't put air conditioners in their houses. But there's a veterinarian who's going megaviral today and he is he's legit, Doctor Scott, he says, doctor Scott, the vet And he suggests that when it's hot like this, we're supposed to be putting sunscreen on our dogs. And I have to tell you of all the things that I've heard in my life I've never heard anybody say this, and it doesn't make any sense to me at all. Maybe this is some sort of joke he's trying to pull on people. But like when I think about Lady, I don't want Lady to get sun cancer, but it doesn't seem like a big deal for a dog who's got fur all over their bodies.
Speaker 2: Do dogs get skin cancer?
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it, But this guy's trying to convince us that we need to do this. A doctor Scott is his name here is.
Speaker 8: Animal's pets and skin cancers. Okay, Bubble que have been treated by a lovely vet Katie. Unfortunately, Bubble was a street cat astray who when she came into the practice, Keddy noticed that there was some sort of halofs on the tips of the ears.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a cat that he's talking about, somebody's cat that they brought in and they said they noticed a little hair loss on the tips of the ears, And so I mean, I guess they're I guess they're suggesting that you put sunscreen or sunlotion on your cat's ears because they're at risk of getting skin cancer. Again, this is all new to me, but let's see maybe we're convinced.
Speaker 8: Scabbing and some curling of the ears, and actually, with a little bit of investigation found her to be suffering with square mussel carcinomus.
Speaker 2: That is one of the skin cancers that we see in pets.
Speaker 8: The other one is melanoma, which is to be nasty disease we can spread to by logans.
Speaker 2: And cause death quite quickly.
Speaker 8: So it's really important that as pet owners we are vigilant about changes to the skin, and particular the pigmentation of more lightly skinned pale animals or so where they have a lot of ball patches or in balled cats like a sphinx. You do need to apply sunscreen, now, that's.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, So to stop right this.
Speaker 3: So he's saying you need to apply sunscreen to your pets, to your dogs, to your cats.
Speaker 2: Never heard of this in my life. Number one.
Speaker 3: Then he says, a sphinx, Okay, a sphinx is a hairless cat. For those of you who don't know, if I had a hairless cat, where is it even encountering the sun?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What am I doing?
Speaker 3: Am I letting a sphinx hairless cat just wander around my neighborhood. That seems like a death wish for the sphinx. So I mean, I just maybe it makes some sense. And I want to open this up. If you're a vet or vet tech or you've heard something like this before somebody says he lost all credibility with his haircut, don't judge based on the haircut, all right. I have never heard of this before in my life. If you have a cat, I mean, most cats that we have hopefully stay inside of our house or it's a you know, an outside cat. And as far as I'm aware, you know, animals know. I've seen this a million times in my own eyes. Animals know very well how to regulate how much sunshine they need. Like they're really good at this. You might see your dog in the morning or your your cat find a little space where the sun is coming in.
Speaker 2: Lexi loves a good little layout. You know, she goes right out the doggy door. I'll have let her out, and usually she comes back and scratches at the window to say, hey, I want back in. I'll be like, she hasn't done this, and you know she's been out there for a while, and I look out, she's just a yeah, get in the sun.
Speaker 3: They love it, right, they do this, they know how to regulate this. I don't know if I've ever heard of anybody because it's hot outside, going, well, let's let's get that suntan.
Speaker 2: Lotion all over my dog. He mentioned, let's see the melanoma, dark pigmented tumors or flesh colored growths often found in the mouth. Nail beds are on haired skin, even hairskin. And this is talking about canine skin. Cans are not cats. Yeah, but he also mentioned they talk about it here. The squamous cell carcinoma, right, that's what he said, Yeah, often linked to sun exposure. These appears raised firm water not excuse me, not watery warty okay, as in covered in wartz, raised firm warty or ulcerated plaques that's disgusting. Commonly found in areas with sparse hair, like the belly, nose, and ear tips.
Speaker 3: I know that there's areas on any animal where they have a little less fur, But I just not ever heard of this. And I feel like I'm not some crazy hippie, but I feel like I don't know enough about what's in all these suntan lotions to know if they're good just to be rubbing.
Speaker 2: All over your dog an a bunch of the suntan lotions you have. Like, this was not tested on animals, but now I'm supposed to do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like we cannot test this on animals, but however, make sure you lub up your German shepherd.
Speaker 2: Sign is getting checks from big sunscreen. There's no way, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've never heard this before in my life. I've not heard this. We need some people to weigh in on this. Perhaps you've heard it before, but putting sunscreen on your dog or your cat does not make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: It seems stupid. This person says, my white dog wears a doggy SPF sun shirt. That's fine, that can make sense during summer walks. She loves lying in the sun by the window of her Freckles have doubled in size, and she's had to have some skin removed. I had a previous rescue white dog that had skin cancer and ultimately died from its bring to her body. Well, that that is terrible, and I'm sorry to hear that. I think she was saying yes to dogs get skin cancer, not yes to sunscreen.
Speaker 3: It's got to be pretty rare though, right, Like, in humans, skin cancer is pretty common actually, I mean most people.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's guys who die.
Speaker 3: If you're a man and you die, you're dying with prostate cancer. All right, I'm not saying you're dying from prostate cancer, but it's very frequent the case that older men, when you die, you have some form of prostate cancer. Whether it's advanced or not advanced is a different question, right, tell this function, call my bonus. There's a lot of people who end up dying with that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But in humans, skin cancer huge, you know, melanoa huge. But in pets this has got to be so rare that I can't see that this would make any sense to do this, But that's what this vet is saying.
Speaker 2: To do.
Speaker 8: Does need to be specific to pets because many have the syncoxide, which is toxic to animals. Would make sure that you apply that to the tipsies, to the nose, just any areas.
Speaker 1: Which are hairless.
Speaker 8: And as we're moving into the hotter months, just do remember about heat stroke, particularly with flat faced dogs. They struggle to breathe the best of times, and when they're hot even more so so.
Speaker 2: Keeping us and cool what's a cooling mat? Yeah, I mean, look, look, buddy, I do all this stuff.
Speaker 3: I make sure when we take Lady out, I put my hand on the asphalt to see how hot it's going to be on her. Stupid little dog pause. Even though I think they're pretty tough. I go out there and I'm like, okay, it's hot. We bring a water so she can have a water to drink from, not even the public water because it made her sick one time. I do all of these things where I'm like, Okay, this seems like the right thing to do. I'm not putting sunscreen on the dog.
Speaker 2: Unless an expert comes at me that's more expert than this guy. When you say public water, do you mean like when you're walking down like the street in like a smaller area, like a neighborhood or something, and some shop has a water bowl out. Yes, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Lady did that one time, and I always think that seems like the nicest thing for the shop to do, Like we're gonna put a water bowl out for the dogs and every dog owners like I would never let my dog drink out of that water bowl. No no, no, no, no no no. I get the feeling. You might be right about this.
Speaker 3: I get the feeling that is put out there by people who don't have dogs, But they're just like so many other things in our society right now. They're they're driven by empathy. So they're like, look at all the dogs, it's so hot outside. Put the bowl out there. But if you have a dog and you use one of those public bowls, they can get sick really easy, and all of a sudden, your dog's got a massive diarrhea issue. You know, like, you don't want that.
Speaker 2: Stuff, but let's toss it out. I can see where that dog's been. Yeah, you can't. Let's taws it out to the experts here. Maybe I'm completely wrong about this. Let us know if there's anything to this. Should we be putting sunscreen on our dogs and cats? Let us know.
Speaker 3: Tips at the news Junkie dot com will record your dispatch on the website or wrap. Right now, we still got the Venezuela story about the earthquakes there. I'm going to get into that. It is wild and that's going to be a wild ride to go on. I think we need a little more space for that. So when we come back, we'll get into a story that's getting a lot of attention right now. I want to see what we have in your mind when I throw this one out there. Plus, also there's an update on a story we've been talking about, believe it or not, on the New York Knicks trash can thing. We've got yet another update, So we'll talk about both those before we get into the Venezuela thing and your comments and confessions.
Speaker 2: So I'll come it up next on the news Junkie. We have oil prices now at a lower price per barrel than they were before the war in Iran.
Speaker 3: Started, right, Okay, So oil is now cheaper per barrel than it was before the war and Iran. And when remember when those the oil prices went up, when the oil prices were skyrocketing Sea Lane, the gas prices seemed like almost directly connected to them, right.
Speaker 2: And I hate to say that you predicted this, like you said, this is gonna go down the same way it always goes down. Is when the oil prices go up, the gas prices will quickly go up. And when the oil prices go down, the gas prices will take their time. Yeah, why is that the case? Why is it that it works that way when all of a sudden you're sitting there watching you go, Okay, oil is going up. Oil costs more, you have to refine the oil.
Speaker 3: Seems like it takes a while for this expensive oil to get into the pipeline and end up being pumped into your car. But well, you know, very quickly those prices climb and climb.
Speaker 2: And climb and climb and climb.
Speaker 3: And now we see the oil going down dramatically, and it's pretty cheap as compared to what it was when the war was raged and Iran, and the price that the pump doesn't go down as fast. So that just brings you to so many different things that happen. And one of the problems that we have behind the scenes with inflation in the United States of America is the level of corporate greed. Is there a lot of people overstate the level of corporate greed. They go after the wrong targets when it comes to corporate greed. They always tend to go after grocery stores and stuff that they get so mad about. Grocery stores have like the lowest markup of almost any business you could think of. But the truth is, once any business raises their prices. It is so easy for them to raise their prices and so incredibly different unless there's huge market forces against them to get them to lower their prices. However, I mean, somebody just said the gas prices are actually going up. They've seen the gas prices going up since all of this has happened. So I think for a lot of people, you go, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. In twenty twenty four, gas was around three dollars and thirty cents a gallon, all right, I mean sometime around the last five or six years, I've seen it cheaper than that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the low was.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the lowest average gas price we were seeing was, but it was around three bucks, maybe a little less than three dollars at some points in time. Then it's skyrocketed and I went and filled up on gas in my car, I think like three or four days ago.
Speaker 2: And it hasn't come down. It has not come down.
Speaker 3: It seems like stuck at that point on your fuel level because you never drive. No, my fuel level is going down drastically because we're only driving my car right now, and in Courtney's car needs to go back into the damn dealership once again. But we're we're burning through gas and I can see how much it costs every time we do it. And then I like, there is no connection. It seems to the oil prices when it goes down, only when it goes up, right, because we've got a profit off the peasants. Maybe Yeah, I mean, I think it's pretty crazy to look at this. You're full of crap. Oil in January is fifty five dollars now seventy two dollars. I'll almost guarantee you you're comparing two different things. I'm talking about Brent crude, which is in the low seventies right now, which is lower than it was before the war in Iran started. All right, that's what I said. This is the claim I made, and that's absolutely accurate. Gas prices, though, have not followed in that same way. And we heard from a guy to gas station once to kind of explain the you know, the financial situation and how they operated. He did a good job of making it seem like it wasn't his faults at the time.
Speaker 2: But you know, maybe they're just good at that and they're like, oh, you know, we can't bring it down too fast, because it's there's uncertainty. So if we bring the prices down too fast, and that's the kind of stuff they'll tell you. Well, I don't think it's the gas stations themselves. It's probably just whoever's supplying them the gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in many cases, right, yeah, that's they don't have so much control over it. But yeah, Brent Brent oil has dropped to below seventy five dollars, the lowest level since the day before the US Iran War. Commercial vessels and oil tankers preparing to transit through the straight Up Hormus, one of the most critical strategic waterways, have been able to lower these prices. Oil prices fell another four percent on Wednesday alone, about seventy dollars and thirty four cents per barrel, after hitting a session low of sixty nine dollars and sixty three cents per barrel. It was the first time the contract has fallen below seventy dollars since March.
Speaker 2: Second.
Speaker 3: Brent crewed futures also dropped to seventy three dollars to seventy four cents.
Speaker 2: So all of this has gone down, down, down, down.
Speaker 3: US President Donald Trump criticized oil companies for not lowering gasoline prices. The big oil companies are not dropping their price at the pump commensurate with the sharply lower prices they're paying for oil. Those prices are dropping like a rock.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 3: He thinks the customers are being gouged. Now, you know, I think they are very very very quick. When the oil prices go up to increase our gas prices, it should be somewhat equal in the dropping of that same price that you would see the price of the pump on gas drop.
Speaker 2: But we certainly haven't seen that yet. Getting a couple of emails, by the way, for those of you who have the news Junkie app, if you don't have it, get it for Android or iPhone over at the news Junkie dot com saying that in the latest update, it's made it so when they're listening to the podcast, if their screen goes to sleep, it stops the podcast and then starts it over.
Speaker 3: That sounds annoying. Sorry about that. I will push out an update in the next day or so. That is a bad code to read on me. I don't know why that happened. It was probably to fix something on the Android side that came along with it on the iPhone tipe.
Speaker 2: But I will push out a fix for that. Please be patient. Anonymous has a confession for us.
Speaker 3: To tips to the newsjunkie dot com soon back around twenty eleven. Reminderer best confession gets a prized here today. I was twenty nine years old and I decided to place my name to be a candidate for an advisory board in one of the north central Florida counties. I figured there'd be at least four or five of us running, and everybody would pick their favorite name. I, however, had plans to take slash steal the ballot with my name on election day to keep in a scrap book to tell the grandkids, Oh yeah, I once ran for office. A few weeks before the election, this sample ballot came out in the mail.
Speaker 2: My name wasn't on there.
Speaker 3: I took the sample ballot to the next advisory board meeting and asked them what was up. The whole board looked at each other and said, nobody else ran against me. Therefore I automatically won the seat.
Speaker 2: After two years, I moved up to the chairman of that board and I served a total of eleven years, all stemming from a dumb crime.
Speaker 3: That I thought I could have got away with. I would totally love some absolution. But that's on all y'all. Love the show, Anonymous.
Speaker 2: Thank you Anonymous. But look at you, know, your little prank, your trick to get a little piece of memorabilia to show your kids you ran for ended up with you offering eleven years of service. So that's absolution of itself. That's barely a confession. Yeah, yeah, you didn't do anything wrong. That's fine, You're fine, You're fine. Did you do a good job? Did you take the paycheck and not really do anything? That would be you know, something to confess. They moved up the chairman of the boards. That must be something.
Speaker 3: Let us know your confessions here on the show today we offer free absolution as always, tips at the news Junkie dot com or send a dispatch at the Newsjunkie dot com. Right now, quick break back with more coming up next. We've got details about the live show, our live show, first one in a long time, coming up next Friday. Oh boy, do you want to hear this?
Speaker 2: That's coming up next in the News Junkie. It's been a while.
Speaker 3: In the words of stain and it has been it's been quite a while Sea and since we've done a live show, and our live shows are legendary, there's been many of them that have been so wild and out of control that people have been over the years built up some affinity for enjoying when we do a live show.
Speaker 2: Every community well community too. It's there's there are many diseases that only exists in the crowd of people that goes to a live show.
Speaker 3: For the news Junkie now, there have not been that many live shows in the last couple of years, and there are so many weird reasons for that. The biggest reason is I don't want to do a lot of live shows because I think live shows generally sound like crap. I'm just being a real They don't sound good. The audio sounds like garbage. The vast majority of our audience wants to hear a Crystal Clear show. They want to have fun. They want us to get them through their days. And that is what my job is, and that's what I focus on the audience who listens that way every day, focused on content, focused on providing it to you in a fun way.
Speaker 2: However, you know.
Speaker 3: Every four months six months whatever. It's kind of fun to do a live show, and if you do them that infrequently, I think you can make them events where it's like, oh my god, you're really gonna want to be here for this.
Speaker 2: That's sort of the goal moving forward.
Speaker 3: Now, here's a couple of other things before I tell you what's happening with this first live event in a very very long time.
Speaker 1: How long?
Speaker 2: How long is the event? Do we know the year? Well? No, because we did one for the Bike Drive. That doesn't count though. I mean that wasn't like people hanging out with us and partying. It's not planned out to be the rager, even though you know, people do show up to the Bike Drive and get a nice little a nice little buzz on. Yeah, there was a fully stocked and open eye open like free. But there was a fully stocked bar for the patrons of the Bike Drive this year, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we are going to bring back the old fashioned live wild show. The roast was kind of a live event, not really. It was just more of ah, that's different. We don't care about quality and a live show. I'm not talking to you like I'm one hundred percent not talking to you. If you're somebody who has ever been to a live show or would go to a live show.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to the people who will tune in like it's a regular show and go, oh, what's this?
Speaker 2: They trust me.
Speaker 3: Most people in the audience want the higher quality broadcast.
Speaker 2: They don't want the live show most days. That's just the truth of it all.
Speaker 3: But we've had a couple of things over the years that have stopped us from doing some of these live broadcasts. The year before that, there was a crazy stalker situation going on. It was hilarious for a couple of reasons. Not so hilarious for another. I had to have so many me with the suits over this stupid stalker situation. Seemed like it would never end, and then every time it did end, well, then it started right back up again, And so we didn't necessarily want to be out doing the live show when there was a crazy stalker involved in some of the behind the scenes stuff. And that was literally i'd talk about how that is dead Lord Willing. I don't talk about it much, but that was one of the early reasons why for about a year plus there wasn't a lot of live shows. There was a crazy lunatic stalker and it kept becoming an issue with the suits and the company.
Speaker 2: And then there was about a year where we were trying to work some stuff in but we had some bad blood going on. We did a live show a year ago at the Whiskey and I'll get back to that in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Moment.
Speaker 2: Here the Whiskey Kitchen and at the Whiskey Kitchen location, the management there was great, everybody had a good time, but the salesperson who was attached to it was an absolute lunatic. And this is a person who is just so clueless and so out of their depth and their job that it's, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable that they were in the position to begin with. And we had set up for this live show. All right, Everything that I say right now is my opinion, and my opinion only. I'm not trying to put any of this on sea line. We had set up for this live show. Sea Lane was there I think maybe two hours early, maybe longer. Maybe before that. I was there over an hour beforehand. We had we have such a very limited team that helps us out with these stuff nowadays, because iHeart cannot help themselves. They've fired even more people in the last forty eight hours. I think we're currently in the middle of one of the biggest rounds of layoffs again right now. Right now, folks not talking about it yet, but we'll talk about it later. We're in the middle of another giant r the layoffs, so we don't have a huge support staff for this. So Ceiling goes out there two hours early. He's sometimes and I think he's doing it this time that we're gonna be talking about our live event coming.
Speaker 2: Up next Friday. Ceilings stays out there so that he can be by the venue because he has to act as the engineer. He has a whole setup audio video. We just bought our some more cameras and some equipment and stuff for this. But we got out there so early fans and the salesperson goes, do you think it's going to rain or not? And I said, I know, it looks like it's going to rain, but I have confidence that will be okay. And in the vent of an emergency, we can immediately drag this tent over the top of the equipment and then we can move everybody inside during a break And this bitch wouldn't listen to no all right. She was like, Nope, nope, We're going inside. We're going inside.
Speaker 3: And it was about ten minutes before the show starts, and it took us probably every bit of an hour. Seeland and I putting tables of setting up equipment and mixers, wiring headphones, Ceelen and I were working on this four let.
Speaker 2: He was working on for well more than an hour. I was working on for an hour. We had special equipment we bought for and all this stuff, and this bitch goes, nope, we have to bring it inside right now.
Speaker 3: And she tried to make a whole issue. So we ended up losing I think three segments on the show. And afterwards I sent her a I thought professionally worded email telling her how unbelievably unprofessional she was, how she did her best to ruin the broadcast, and how I'm not going to be working with her at any event like that moving forward.
Speaker 2: She then took that to management and said that I was threatening her and threatening her job. And I said, you know what I love about me, I tell the truth all the time, So let's bring the emails forward. I am only somebody who is going to contact you in a way where there's been some sort of like record or trace of what I said. Show all the emails I got called into the suits offices, They're like, did you do this? This is a really big deal. And I go, I didn't do any of that, any of the almost just said the yes word, you do any of that. Wasn't that your second time meeting the new boss? It was, yeah, she brings me in and I go, I go, this bitch is crazy, respect boss. I said, she's out of her mind. I said, this person is so unbelievably unqualified for their job. They have no idea what they're doing. They want to be an event planner, not a salesperson, I guess. And I said, they ruined the broadcast, and so I had told them that I was not happy with that. Why Because I take this seriously, because I put a lot of effort into it, a lot of work into it, and I want people ruining this kind of stuff when they shouldn't have any power over any broadcast that I do ever in the history of ever. And I said, I'll never work with you again on anything like that.
Speaker 3: That person lasted about four more weeks at the company before obviously being fired because they.
Speaker 2: Looked because they lied, because they all one hundred percent lied about how the interaction was. And I will stand up for myself, and I will stand up for the show, and I will stand up for what is right, and I will stand up against crazy people. And so after that there was a little bit of a hesitation with the suits to get back into doing live events. So now you know, right, last two years we had stalker issue that we didn't really talk about, major stalker issue.
Speaker 3: Then we had a big blowout with the salespeople. Now it's time to bring back some live shows. You guys demand it, you love it. I love it too.
Speaker 2: It's fun to do.
Speaker 3: So next Friday, July third, we're going to be at Whiskey Kitchen.
Speaker 2: It's a great venue. It's in a place called Mount Dora, Florida. I know we're in Mount Dora all the time. We're going to try to go to some other places, maybe another one like around Halloween time or something somewhere we've never gone before.
Speaker 3: But it is a beautiful area. I'm in a great venue with great food and all that stuff. And we're going to be live next Friday, July the third, doing the show. For those of you who listen to the show, we're going to try to make it sound as good as possible. For those of you who watch the show, Ceiling's got a whole new video setup that we're going to debut at this so you're gonna be able to go along with us for this live show and a lot of time spend on.
Speaker 2: Facebook Marketplace basing this this bad boy together.
Speaker 3: We got new cameras, we got a new remote setup that is going to be I think taking us up a notch.
Speaker 2: We're going to go there extra early. The salesperson will.
Speaker 3: Not be getting in the way, and we got big plans for the show next Friday. It will be myself, Seelane, and Joshua Fowler out there for a live show.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're loading up the games. We got a lot.
Speaker 3: I got something for you here too, Ceiling. All right, First of all, not only are we live out there video and audio setup and all that good stuff. Not only are we out there doing that stuff, but we are going to for the fourth is happening that weekend with broadcast is on the third. The fourth is that weekend we are going to be doing the quatro all right, for the fourth.
Speaker 2: The Quatro is.
Speaker 3: Similar to those of you who may have seen something else I believe it's ripped us off on ESPN called the Ocho. We are going to be debuting some phenomenal new sports that we are going to have on offer for contestants who are going to be out at this live show.
Speaker 2: We're going to be doing the Quatro.
Speaker 3: There are four competitions, three rounds, and then the final round with the winner of those three rounds.
Speaker 2: Sea Land has already come up with some pretty awesome games.
Speaker 3: I think that are going to be really fun, and we do have a little bit of an extra thing to entice you on this courtesy of just call mod dot com. The winner will get five hundred dollars all right, not bad, right, five hundred dollars for the winner of our competition on our July third live broadcast. That's just one of the things that we're gonna be doing. So you have to wear sports clothes. You might benefit from that, you might not. You'll see. We'll tell you more about what's going on with the competitions, but we're gonna be doing the Quatro to series of competitions for total including the finale five hundred dollars from just call Moo dot com is on the line, and then prizes for every single person who wins every single round.
Speaker 2: Beyond that, you're gonna be loaded up with prizes. Everybody that comes out is gonna get a magnet. Nobody will be excluded from that. Anybody who shows up, even if you just pop over and go hey Sean and I'm in the middle of the broadcast, you're getting a maget. Game of magnets. Baby, We're getting it back out there and ready to go. We're gonna have magnets for everybody. We're gonna have merch out there.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have all sorts of fun and excitement for the July fourth weekend, July third Whiskey Kitchen.
Speaker 2: We're back. We're better than ever.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be unbelievable and you could win five hundred dollars courtesy at just calmo dot com. Here's the best part. Anybody's skill set can make them a winner. Yes, this is very very true. Also, as far as what to wear, I mean usually that's pretty set in stone. It is America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday. Yep, we want to see your your red white and blue. We want to see your your your great great Independence Day shirts. I'll be wearing well, I got a brand new one just for this occasion. I got to see what you got because I well, because I sent a group text over to Josh and Selina.
Speaker 2: I go, hey, guys, just a little pro tip from me.
Speaker 3: You might want to get your fourthly pro tip person, like you might want to get your your shirts for the third of July broadcast, the live broadcast, we're doing a whiskey kitchen. You might want to get him now because mine is going to be coming ahead of time and they're like, we both already got our yummy Okay, all right, okay, fine, Fine, It's going to be big, it's going to be fun, and hopefully it's gonna look better than it ever has before.
Speaker 2: So yeah, be out there, be in force. Everybody's getting magnets. It's gonna be raining magnets like Oprah with the cars. Game of Magnet is going to be reinvigorated more than ever before after this Magnet drop that we see, and everybody else no matter where you're listening, could come along for the ride because, as I said on YouTube and Twitch, YouTube dot com, slash the news Junkie. We'll be bringing up for the first time our new video and mobile setup. So if all goes well with this, if you guys are fun, if we enjoy it, then we'll do another one. We'll do maybe one every quarter. If a setup doesn't fry in the hot summer sun, I bought a fan just for Sea Lan's lap. I might still get the cooling pad. All right, Well, whatever we need, two is better than one. We'll make that happen. So we've got big trizes on the line. We've got tons of stuff to give away.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a whole thing, and we hope to see you next Friday for the first live and over a year over at the Whiskey Kitchen in Mount Dora.
Speaker 2: Do not miss it, all right, quick break when we come back, I'll get it too.
Speaker 3: That update on the story that I wanted to talk about. We'll get geared up for the Hot sheet. Right after the Hot Sheet, we have Fritz on the street. All right, I still have to do the Venezuela story. I promise you I'm going to. It's absolutely crazy. We just have to have enough time to work that in. I don't know that we have that in the next segment.
Speaker 2: Do we have like twelve minutes in the next segment or now we'll see you're go to break it on. Maybe I'll go right, we take a break. Now we'll figure it out. We have a lot on the way on a Thursday show.
Speaker 3: It's coming up next on the news chunk Key, I'm about to show you some pretty wild stuff. So if you want to hop on over to YouTube dot com slash the news Junkie, now would be a good time to do it. There has been a story in the headlines over the past twenty four hours or so that to me just keeps grabbing my attention over and over and over, and that is there were twin earthquakes, two of them within a couple of minutes, I believe, back to back in Venezuela. And one was a seven point two and one was a seven point five, and they went up in intensity.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the order was, but I know there was two of them.
Speaker 3: It says the first, oh, here it is the first earthquake stuck Moron on Venezuela, It's Caribbean coast at a depth of three point six miles. The second quake struck seconds later in the same area at a depth of six point two miles.
Speaker 2: So it you know, it was really really bad. And I want to share a couple of things here.
Speaker 3: Venezuela after these earthquakes was like a horror movie.
Speaker 2: I mean, even during the earthquakes, it was like a horror movie. Watch this.
Speaker 3: Here's one of the examples I want to show you here, But there's so much more like stuff you're not gonna see anywhere else. But this is wild in the real life experience of somebody who is in Venezuela when these dual earthquakes hit.
Speaker 2: Right here goes this guy's killing himself, all right.
Speaker 3: He's in a high rise here as you can see, you know, I let's say ten stories up or something. He's up this high rise and he feels the earthquake hitting, so he's got to run down. But as he runs down the stairwell at this building he's living in, it gets worse and worse.
Speaker 2: So here he goes, he's all an ass all right. Now you can start to see a little debris, so just saying on the walls, Yeah, there's cracks showing in the walls.
Speaker 3: The further he gets down the stairwall the worse this gets. And that's why it's.
Speaker 2: Really like a horror movie. There's stuffs starting to pile up. There we go, it's getting a little worse. He's hauling ass down the stairwell, bigger pieces of the wall, I mean huge right there. Look this, now that he's getting down to like the third or fourth floor. The amount of damage from the earthquake in Venezuela is just unbelievable. And it just keeps getting worse. Okay, here the building yeah, oh god, oh all right, now I don't even know if I would feel comfortable at this point. Now the walls are completely busted out, the stairwells are completely falling apart, and you could see right through the walls like that's how much damage was done. Olcohol could barely be true. Yeah, now you're climbing over debris just to get down the stairs, still trying to get down to the bottom floor.
Speaker 3: How many floors up does this guy live? I mean, look at this, And this is also something important to note here. It's tough to run down that many flights of stairs if you're not in really good shape. So this guy's pushing himself all the way through and now he's got to jump over.
Speaker 2: All the debris. Wow, dangerous too. I mean, look at it.
Speaker 3: It just it looks like backrooms, the movie back Rooms. It looks like that, but with debris everywhere. It just gets worse the further in you go. This guy, luckily was okay.
Speaker 2: But these buildings were absolutely devastated by this twin earthquake. Some of the people inside, you know, you think like, all right, where do I want to be? And from what I can tell, you're supposed to be outside. You're supposed to be in like an open air space as best you can. Did you see the baseball game that Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'll show you. That was so interesting for those who haven't seen this.
Speaker 3: This was inside and this was where these folks were just kind of hanging out and they noticed that the ground was shaken and that these earthquakes were rolling through. In Venezuela. There was one hundred and sixty four people at least who died, nine and seventy one or more injured, widespread damage.
Speaker 2: Here's what it looked inside.
Speaker 4: It looked like.
Speaker 2: Outside, people are running, power goes out, the roof is just caving in. Oh my gosh, yeah, tell me it does look like a horror movie. Yeah, nobody knows what to do.
Speaker 3: This guy's on top of somebody trying to cover their body with his body.
Speaker 2: We're now seen in both directions, like opposite directions. The area is just being covered in dust.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it's like, which direction are you supposed to run in? Yeah, somebody says the cameraman, understanding the assignment. I'm wondering why the cameraman didn't just run like Seelan saying, pick a direction and just go.
Speaker 2: But you're right, there's no good direction to go in. Right, There's there's no place you can actually head here, at least not when it's safe. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now this looks like an airport or something. Wow, airport nailed it all, right. So there's another example of what this looked like. I don't know how these people even thought.
Speaker 2: To film all of this. But buildings run of all horizontally vertical. Yeah, you're right, they're all vertical videos. But here's another one. Buildings just following some of these older buildings. The twin earthquakes doing enough structural damage here, why do you go? This guy's still smoking, He's got a cigarette. He's not even putting his cigarette out might be his last one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he figures right, nine to eleven vibes in some of these moments here, I'll put these up on see it now for those of you who are listening. Multiple buildings completely destroyed, people stuck underneath the debris, as you could imagine this all after these twin earthquakes. A couple of more examples that I wanted to give you here. Oh, this one's kind of interesting. This was some woman in Venezuela. She's a gamer, she's streaming herself playing Minecraft Sea Lane, and I think her friends that she was streaming with didn't necessarily believe her that there was an earthquake going on.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, yeah, an earthquake. Yeah, no, no, no, this is for real, like this, this is a real panic.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa woa E quick, I'm not quicking.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding. Hold on, hold on, I'll mute it. I'll mean it. Did you dump that? Yeah? Uh? What's that particular pass word?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't blame her for saying it. I don't blame her for saying.
Speaker 3: I don't know all the Spanish curse words, but that one was over and over and over again. She did say it a bunch of times in a row. Yeah, So this oneman here, I'll mute this so we can get back to it. She's doing her broadcast and everything starts shaking, and I think I could turn it back on here because that's just the room.
Speaker 2: That's just the room. I mean, this thing is rocking and rolling. I feel like, unless you've been through a couple of earthquakes, you don't automatic know that that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: No, I think you don't even know what it's done too. Oh no, I don't even know if there's a way of knowing. I'm going to ask somebody who's just recently been through an earthquake, Sea Lane, how do you know when the earthquake's done? Because you just recently went through an earthquake, when you're no longer shaking, when you're just walking around looking at people, going, hey, was that what I think it was? Now, if we were at a seven point two, you know, things that have been a little different, I presume, I would hope. So over to a horizontal video. Finally, you were talking about the baseball one. I think it's probably this. There was a baseball game going on, not too many people in the stands, thank god. Now they're doing their broadcast. Everything seems relatively normal. The interesting thing is the camera is shaking first, and you could see that the camera is shaking first from the earthquake, but the people don't notice that anything's wrong for a bit longer. The players in particular, like the players are just kind of out there throwing the ball all they're they're doing their thing. They're reacting as you would react, but they don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Finally, the ump pauses the game all right, and they all rush out to the center of the field. You could see the power lines. Yeah, power lines rocking and rolling, shaking back and forth. I mean, it would have freaked me out. Is that what that is?
Speaker 3: A power line is kind of a loose There's there's some sort of power wire or or line just maybe it's a save the cable, some sort of line that's moving.
Speaker 2: It's that bad.
Speaker 3: That's how much the earth is moving as these twin earthquakes went off. A couple more here and then we'll bring it back full circle. But here's another survey of sort of the damage done. Is somebody showing that the building just completely obliterated, gone, I mean gone, and the buildings that aren't gone on just completely gutted.
Speaker 2: And this guy is still up in a building.
Speaker 3: The person who is filming this, this dude is still up in the building looking down like, hey, how do I get down considering my building is completely ruined right now? And it's just like the guy on the stairs. Last one is sort of a compilation here again. I'll put I'll put this compilation one up on see it now so those you can see the visual who aren't watching, but.
Speaker 2: Buildings are crumbling. These people are doing much better job at filming. My god, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it's just absolute toe right, like there's nothing. I don't even know if you'd be able to recover this building. So a lot of them were in these positions throughout Venezuela, and thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But the numbers were pretty big. Nine hundred and seventy one people injured in Venezuela in these twin earthquakes and at least one hundred and sixty four dead.
Speaker 2: I'm sure those numbers will go up. If you were affected by this, if you've been through an earthquake, if you've seen something similar to this, let us know.
Speaker 3: Your experience right now. All right, we're gonna take quick break. When we come back, we'll get to the hot sheet. We got Fritz on the street, the greatest game at all of radio on the horizon just moments from now. Got a ton of dispatches and confessions coming in, and a whole lot more, and it's coming up next in the news Junkie.
Speaker 2: Before the hot sheet very quickly.
Speaker 3: I can't believe they posted this, but they not only have an update on the woman who stole that New York Knicks celebratory trash can after the parade, she dumped all the trash out on the streets in New York and then she stole the trash can, which we knew was going to happen, even though it' said one hundred dollars fine on the side.
Speaker 2: She has been fined. She's gotten multiple fines from the city. All right, and New York City Sanitation has posted welcome back, we missed you, home, Sweet Home, with the trash can having been read the same trash can. That's what they're claiming they said she had to return the trash can, and the trash can is back, and also that she has been fined, so she lost her job at JP Morgan. The one hundred dollars fine was for throwing household trash or business trash in there, which I think this is kind of crazy, but all right, I guess they have their reasons. They hit her with some different fines. I forgot what they were they were for exactly, but yeah, they hit her with a couple of fines and now they have the trash can back. To finalize this story here and close the book on that lady. She's looking for work if you're in the market or have any open positions new DEI executive. Yeah, she needs a new gig. Please. All right, let's get into it. Let's do the hot sheets.
Speaker 1: News, but not like real important news.
Speaker 2: That's again reporting on the planet.
Speaker 1: The top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the hot sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: That's right, the top five stories of the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy down and it's happening friends.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Jesse Taylor. Yeah, let the journey begin.
Speaker 2: If you were wondering what the statute of libertations is on having a video release of you beating the heck out of your spouse. It seems to be four months because word on the street is ABC will be airing the forbidden season of The Bachelorette featuring Taylor Frankie Paul No for real, that's what production sources are telling TMZ the current discussion a good move on their part here. The current discussion behind the scenes is for the season to premiere in mid July. The final plans are not yet locked in. They say when ABC pulled the season from its schedule, they didn't stop the editors from working on the series. They never stopped cutting the episodes together or working on them, which was assigned to many that the network was keeping the door open to actually air this thing and just going, hey, you know, we're going to pull it off the airwaves until this whole thing blows over and they forget that this lady from the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives was terrible to her spouse and all that. Taylor and Dakota I don't know what his first name is. They have restraining orders against one another and have been ordered by a Utah judge to hash out their custody dispute, but it looks like roses may be handed out for this.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: It was about to be a new season of The Bachelorette, and then the Bachelorette woman was in this video of her going absolutely apess on this guy she was with at the time in front of her kid. And then they said, we're just gonna can the whole thing, And I said, you've already filmed it.
Speaker 2: What are you allergic to? Extra drama? Just a dress a dramatic season?
Speaker 3: Ever gonna make it actually dramatic for once, you know, over once in the first last five years or so.
Speaker 2: Well, there's another drama going on. And I didn't, wouldn't, would never have had this on any Bengo cards because there's arguments now over something involving Whitney Houston, which seems like it should have been quite a bit of quite a deal behind us. But they're saying Oprah gave this interview that said she was really trying to help Whitney Houston out when she, like Whitney Houston like fell off the stage doing the Oprah Show. Yeah, and Oprah pleaded with everybody to like don't show anybody pictures. Let's keep this on us because Oprah said Whitney Houston was high as hell. And Whitney Houston's family is pissed at Oprah right now. They said she wasn't high when she fell off the stage. She couldn't see the edge of the stage. She was coming towards the front. That's why she went down. Her former bodyguard said the edge of the stage was in a dark spot, and someone tried to call out for her to be careful, but no luck. And Whitney wasn't embarrassed. She just kind of laughed it off. Ray Watson, was Whitney's personal party guard for more than a dozen years, said Nope, nope, she wasn't high. That was not the case. But and Ray was also the first person to discover her body after she passed. Oh god, very very dark. But yeah, Whitney's estate is pissed about the narrative Oprah is running with and blame the fall on her poorly lit stage, which is it said, weird for someone with the reputation of Whitney Houston to have the family go No, she wasn't high that time. At that time, she wasn't I assure you now over in current times. Although this this person is a little on the older side, not the oldest person performing these days. But Lionel Richie had a bit of a rough night and had to cut his concert short in Minnesota after falling ill on stage in front of a packed crowd. He he got a little dizzy and then he did dancing on the ceiling, sitting down, and then after a bit he just kind of left and they had to famous song to perform. This is what he This is what he said about after the fact. Was this him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, what a word about my years beating the business? Wait, you are feeling busy?
Speaker 2: Sit harreste? Is he vaping?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I think they gave him a water bottle. Oh yeah, he did dancing on the ceiling sitting down, and then said that was the first time in however many years of that song that he did it without doing any amount of dancing. It's not the song that you sit down for, really, But Lionel Richie ended up having to leave, and then later the saxophone player came on stage and read a statement saying they would have to postpone, or not postpone, just cancel the rest of the concert for the night. Speaking of canceled, if you were one of the two people who was a fan of Ponies on Peacock, they're not getting a season two Ponies, which stood for persons of no interest, turned out to live up to its name.
Speaker 3: Wow, though nobody was interested in the person. I haven't even heard of this damn thing until this moment in time.
Speaker 2: P O, N, I E. S and all caps is how it's I think how it said. But yeah, that's what it stands for, persons of no interest, and it's it's the bold thing to name your show. But in this case, at least it turned out to be the truth and the streaming taketh away and the streaming giveth If you liked that reboot of King of the Hill, it's getting a well, I guess not a second season. King of the Hill has been renewed for season fifteen. Nice after that fifteen year hiatus that they took, Bobby and Connie are deciding to give dating a cry. Hank Hill will confront phone scams and hard launches. King of the Hill Season fifteen will premiere on Hulu and Hulu on Disney Plus on July twentieth, Hey, if you have a mortgage quote. The number one mistake people make when getting the quote is just going cool, I got this, let's sign the papers, and they don't compare it. They don't shop around. There's so many things you would shop around for. A mortgage should be one of them. And that mortgage guy Don wants to help you. He is the expert that is going to try and save you some money, and he's done it for a whole bunch of our friends and listeners. So take a picture of that quote you gotten uploaded on the compare quote tab to that mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 1: Dot com.
Speaker 2: He'll be joining us for Fritz on the Streets right in a matter of moments. The greatest game in all of radio. Now's when you get our attention. We all all of us, myself, see Lane, and that mortgage guy Don. We play for somebody in this game, and if we win, you win and you get yourself a great prize. So now's your time to connect with one of us so that we pick you for Fritz on the Street, which is coming up next on the News Junkie. All right, Fritz on the Street, time has arrived. I see Fritz, I see him back at the studio. Hello, looking all nice.
Speaker 3: He's ready behind the microphone, behind the ri E twenty, He's ready to go. He's got Fritz on the street prepared. We've got the really really strong competitor who just burst onto the scene and has been dominating everybody. Number one with a bullet, number one with a bullet in so many ways. Myself, Yes, me, Sean Shawnason, I'm here, that's right. And that mortgage guy Don and Selane Sea Lan is also here as well. We'll see where we're all at on the scoreboard momentarily. But we have to get ready by picking somebody to fight for in this week in Florida. And I picked sun Stage John for many reasons, but one is he just donated or dropped forty one gifted subsunk dot com. Thank you, Thank you, premium subscriptions unlocking the website, unlocking uncensored secret shows, full access for you, courtesy of Sunstage John.
Speaker 2: Go claim that subscription. He paid for it. You can get it right now.
Speaker 3: There's about twenty or so left thanks to Sun Stage John. So I'm picking Sunstage on Sea Lane. Who are you picking?
Speaker 2: I went to the texting service and I picked somebody labeled badass bulwear. I'm guessing Alicia, but badass bulwear on the texting service badass bawlwear. What about you, Don?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm feeling a certain kind of way. There's one person here that said Sean or Sea Lane can pick me, but not Don. I don't know what that's wow, Florida scratcher. So that's not even a safe bed anymore. That's just a dumb move.
Speaker 2: It's fine, It's fine, all right. You know, I'm gonna go with which one was it? What did I say? Fritz?
Speaker 5: Are not?
Speaker 10: Are not?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: They said I'm looking good. I've been working out. So that's a that's a bad time.
Speaker 2: Don't you sell folks? Butter them up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Maybe Don is gonna pick you, and then you end up on the winning side of this, getting yourself some great prizes.
Speaker 2: So here goes nothing. Fritz. You ready to do this thing?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: There, all right, let's do Fritz on the streets. Oh wait, that's me.
Speaker 10: Every Hello, Sean, Hello, Sea Lane, Hello Don Hello. First down the Street is sponsored by that mortgage guy Don and Home Loans Radio, Each and every Tuesday here on Real Radio one oh four point one. You can listen to the best, the most live Saturday morning show that has ever been designed and executed. I think this last show is our favorite show. We were just talking about it.
Speaker 2: It was pretty funny.
Speaker 10: It was really really funny and also entertaining. We make you laugh, we definitely make you cry, and we and we make you think. That's every Saturday nine to ten thirty am Home Loans Radio. You can also follow Don on Instagram at that mortgage guy Don do.
Speaker 1: Miss the volc.
Speaker 10: Dot com in first place on Fritz on the Street with one hundred and eighty points. We have mister Christopher Lane in second place with one hundred six sixty six points. We have that mortgage guy Don Hurrah in third place with one hundred and thirty six points. We have mister Seawan Watson.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got this street. Thank you. I need encouragement. I was distracted a second ago because somebody on the texting service said, I'm pretty sure Sean just said, let's see who we're playing against for this week in Florida. Uh did I? I don't know, it's possible, said it's possible. I've been sideways before and things just I am saying, but this, Yeah, this is Fritz on the street. Just for clarificate. Uh yeah.
Speaker 10: I have eight questions, four current event questions, for general knowledge, trivia questions. I go to the bar so you don't have to each Tuesday night Cabost Bar in kitchen. We had seven teams and then one dropped off, so six and seven participants and I got one phone er, so eight. In toto, each question has eight answers. You chine in with that bonus point, and then out of eight answers, how many do you think got it right?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 10: Pass? Everyone in yes, right without further add Question one recently, which football star broke the record with most World Cup Sea Lane Mess is correct?
Speaker 2: Full?
Speaker 10: Question recently, which football star broke the record with most World Cup goals? When you have played in twenty five World Cups?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 10: No, it's like five or so.
Speaker 2: Years old.
Speaker 10: Four score and see lane. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Lionel MESSI let me.
Speaker 9: Go with.
Speaker 2: Six six all he's so famous, but I don't know. I'll say five, five for Sean I'm gonna go for it. I'm gonna say eight.
Speaker 10: And eight for that mortgage guy. Don who Question number one with answers of five, six and eight.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 10: Who knows the world sport? Recently? Which football star broke the record with most World Cup goals?
Speaker 2: I would say messy, messy, Leonel Messi, messy, messy, messy messy. Yeah, it would be eight.
Speaker 10: So two points awarded to Don and that is all. We move on to question number two. It's about a famous actress. Question two? Which actress has had roles in films such as Once upon a Time in Hollywood, Scream the Newer remake and Anora.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, uh and Nora Brown.
Speaker 10: That is incorrect, Sean Sean.
Speaker 2: Blonde lady, She's blonde?
Speaker 3: And Noora is the one where she's like the CEO and the kidnap her and her name is escaping me, oh Anna, I can't remember.
Speaker 10: Pass damn it right, Sean passes the movies once again, Once upon a Time in Hollywood Scream and Anora.
Speaker 2: Don Blake Clively.
Speaker 10: That would be Mickey Madison.
Speaker 2: Mickey Mikey's a brunette.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Mikey Madison. So HELI is a question wonder I can start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Mikey Madison. I'm gonna go with two two zero zero goose egg for Sean, two and two for Don. Question two, with answers of zero and two. Which actress has had rules in films? Suggest Once upon a Time in Hollywood, Scream the remake and Anora Mikey Madison.
Speaker 2: Mikey Madison, Mikey Madison, Nev Campbell. I've never seen any move either. Idea. Oh god, I don't even know that one youth Hawk's daughter Margaret Qually.
Speaker 10: That would be three. So John and Ceiling with the guess of two each picking up one point. So don't feel bad that you didn't know, Mikey Madison, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Question three on Tuesday, which UK Prime minister resigned? Seawan?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh my god, Keir Starmer.
Speaker 10: That is correct, Sean. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Keir Starmer? Or Starmer?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 10: Three, two, two for Ceiling, four and four for Don. Questioned three with answers of two, three and four.
Speaker 1: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 10: Someone knows that Prime Minister? On Tuesday? Which UK Prime minister resigned?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: I don't know how to pronounce first name.
Speaker 2: Starmer here, Starmer, Winston Churchill here, Starmer. I don't pass who's there? For a hot second, I don't remember his name. I don't care remember his name.
Speaker 10: That would be four. So Don is picking up two points, and Sean with the guests of three, picking up one additional point. Question number four is coming up. That's halfway point after question four. I'll tell you who is leading so far in Fritz on the street. Question four is about your body. In which part of the body are your meta tarsals located? Done?
Speaker 2: Your feet?
Speaker 10: That is correct Don. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said feet or toes?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 10: Four, ah, three three four ceiling.
Speaker 2: I'm going the other way. I'm gonna go six and six for Sean.
Speaker 10: Question four with answers of three, four and six, in which part of the body are your meta tarsals located?
Speaker 2: Toes, the ha, your toes, your feet, feet, your feet through your toes. Meta tussle is in your foot on your feet.
Speaker 10: That would be seven. So Sean zigg dow he should have zigged and picking up one point. That means four down, with four remaining in first place. With six points, Don slash are not it? In second place with three points Sewn slash Suns State John and in third place with two point Sea Lane slash bad Ass Bowl.
Speaker 2: Weear most people knew their feet. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty presive.
Speaker 10: Actually, yeah, I know my feet. They were all feet people. I guess. Question five over the weekend, which movie had a three hundred and ten seilane?
Speaker 2: Toy story five?
Speaker 10: That is correct? Toy story five? Full question? Which movie had a three hundred and ten million dollar box office opening weekend? It costs two fifty to make. I would say they're sitting pretty Sea Lane. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Toy Story five? Eight, eight, Yeah, I'll say seven, seven for Sean.
Speaker 2: Take thonder, I'm gonna go six.
Speaker 10: And six for don Question five with answers of six, seven and a question four over the weekend movie had a three hundred and ten million dollar box office opening?
Speaker 2: Game and do Buddy wrong? Answer? I was so confident. No, Supergirl's not out yet? What the heck is a hair bud core tour story five, Toy Story five, Toy Story high the new toy story toy sorry five?
Speaker 10: That would be five for toy Story five so done with a guess of six, picking up one point. Question six now on the Ahenda three remaining, Who hosted the mad Tea Party in Alice of Wonderland? Don Don?
Speaker 2: The mad Header?
Speaker 10: That is incorrect, Sean, Sean.
Speaker 2: The chest Shire Cat.
Speaker 10: It's a good guess.
Speaker 2: Incorrect seeing.
Speaker 10: Alice, that would be the march Hare.
Speaker 2: Oh never never, yeah, come on, yeah do you even know it was a character?
Speaker 10: Well, he's always.
Speaker 2: Late for a very important day. Okay, okay, al.
Speaker 10: Right, sea Land. You got question five right, We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said the march Hare?
Speaker 2: One? One, No, you know what, I'm just gonna go against my gut because I've had this panel so wrong. I'm gonna go four for for Sean, two.
Speaker 10: And two for Don. Question six with answers of one, two and four. I believe ding ding ding ding ding ding, so on is picking up two points. So hosted the mad Tea Party in Alice in Wonderland?
Speaker 2: The mad Hatter, Oh, the march Hare, march Hare, Queena hurts the matter, the mad Hatter, mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat.
Speaker 10: That would be two. So Don is picking up two points and Sea Land with the guess of one, picking up one points two questions now remaining, Question seven at the age of ninety four, don Don Clive Davis, that is correct at the age of ninety four, which American music executive and record producer passed away on Monday. That guy did a lot for modern music.
Speaker 2: Yep, he created a lot of careers.
Speaker 10: He did, Don Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Clive Davis.
Speaker 2: Man, I just don't know how many people would know that. I've this panel's hard to read. Do young people know, Clive Davis, I doubt it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm gonna go two, two, five, five for Sea Lane, three and three for Sean. Question seven with answers of two, three and five at the age of ninety four, which American music executive and record producer passed away on Monday, Clive Davis, Clive Davis, Clive Davis.
Speaker 2: Clive Davis, Clyde Davis, Davis, Clive Davis, Clive Davis. That would be eight.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, so no points awarded on that One's astonishing.
Speaker 2: Five. You all know it's the number one movie in the country, one hundred million plus or whatever. They no feet and they know Clive Davis. I don't know what this says about them, but yeah, beginning to Okay, I'm beginning of some thing.
Speaker 10: One question remaining now before we do that, let's go through the leader board. In first place with ten points, Don slash Are not It? And in second place with four points, Sea Lane slash bad Ass bull Wear. In third place with three points sewn slash Sun State John. So it's ten, four and three. Question eight goes like this, what is the capital of Montana? Seilan m.
Speaker 2: No, that's not the one. Damn it, Pierre, that is incorrect. Don done, Missoula.
Speaker 10: That is incorrect, Sean Sean.
Speaker 2: M oh, it's damn it, man, it is not Montana Montana. Can you name anywhere in Montana? Yeah, I feel like we've done having dejo right now. Pass I don't know someone with an ass.
Speaker 10: It ends with an A. Helena Hella. That's one of the tricks that like Montana. Helena. Oh, don you got questions seven, right, we will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Helena?
Speaker 2: How about one? One, three? I mean three, four three three.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go the other way, just because like everything has been backwards for me, I just eight eight.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be an eight for sean question eight with answers of one, three and eight. What is the capital of Montana Billings?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't own this one.
Speaker 5: I don't know this one.
Speaker 2: Sorry, don't know it. Helena, Helena Billingsna, Helena. Here is south the code of Montana Billings.
Speaker 10: That would be four. So Sea Lane with I guess of three, picking up one point, and we end the day thusly in first place with ten points, Don slash are not It? Congratulations?
Speaker 11: Are not It?
Speaker 10: In second place with five point Sea Lane slash Padass Bullwear, And in third place with three points Sewn slash sun State John. That means, in first place and still leading barely with one hundred eighty five points Christopher Lane, in second place with one hundred and seventy six points, now nine points away that mortgage guy Don. And in third place with one hundred and thirty nine points Shawn Wasson. And that is Frits All on the street.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Fritz, well done, the best of the best, the host with the most and all of that good stuff. Make sure you're following him, Fritz over on all the social media profiles, the News junkie dot Com, slash share, the News junkiy dot com, slash share, just hit follow, just bah follow him on all of them, and then make sure next time you do not miss out on Fritz's fun house Trivia be there, even possibly take part in Fritz on the Street. Hear yourself on the show next week. That's right, We love you, We appreciate you. Love mister Fritz there. He is amazingly talented guy, Clive Clive Davis. What was his name, Clive Davis by Clive Davis.
Speaker 3: Did he Fritz record anything on his own or was he always one of those people who's just like involved with other people creating music.
Speaker 10: I believe, well, he was a record producer. I don't know to what extent he was involved. I don't believe he was a songwriter. I think he was just a behind the scenes like I'm gonna pair you with this person. They're the best. I'm gonna pair you with this person, they're the best.
Speaker 3: He just knew talent, right, and I'm like, connect these people and make some magic happen.
Speaker 2: And he had his hand in a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: He would also if an artist was rejected from his competition. He would sign them and make them megastars.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, I mean he knew how to do it right. He was very, very very small in that world. All right, Fritz will be back next week. We'll see you then when we come back that mortgage guy, Don, You got time to hang out with this Don, Yes, sir, excellent.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: We'll get to know Don a little bit and hang out in moments, and that is coming up next on the news Junkie, welcome in. I'm so good to see you, so going to be with you. That was me whistling on accident. My microphone was live. I was wondering about that.
Speaker 7: That was me. That was me.
Speaker 2: It's not usually me doing that. I looked, I looked over at Don's microphone and I was like, no, his is off. It's not Don whistling, Not Don.
Speaker 3: Being unprofessional in the world of broadcasting, it's On being unprofessional.
Speaker 2: My mic was off. Yeah, you got it under control. Over there, I'm I'm whistling along to the rejoin to be fair.
Speaker 11: I got one job here though, Turn mic on, turn it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But that's the key thing, that's that's what really matters here.
Speaker 3: Don, have you ever spent time anywhere where you didn't have an air conditioning. Did you ever live anywhere or spend a significant amount of time anywhere where you're like you were in a house that didn't have an air conditioning at all.
Speaker 11: Yes, I would call it my childhood, like all of high school, ninth, tenth, eleven, twelfth grade, I lived in a house in Florida, in Orlando that had zero air conditioning in it.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh my god, even at that point, that's crazy.
Speaker 11: It was one of these like nineteen sixties, you know, Florida houses.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Now, the parents had a window unit in their room that they I had a face nice. Yeah, right, it puts a lot of character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's building character anymore. Nobody's in the business of building character.
Speaker 3: I watch what's happening here, and I go there are like two things that I get struck by, all right. One is I do not and I will never understand the weird sort of resistance against getting air conditioners in certain places, like in England, they literally won't.
Speaker 2: Get air conditioning. They like they're against it politically.
Speaker 3: In some cases, I've seen some things like Okay, this is a story I saw related to this Britons were ordered to remove air conditioning from their homes under some net zero crackdown they had it, says one Londoner received orders to permanently remove two cooling units from the rear of their property. They said there's no justification for the equipment ruling it breach the authorities cooling hierarchy policy, whatever that is. During an appeal to homeowner was advised to open windows and balcony doors in their first floor flat to achieve ventilation by natural means. So in London, in certain areas they're telling them not to have an AC. In France, there's a newspaper that was saying why air condition being must relay remain a last resort. The use of air conditioners is a consensus once all other mitigation techniques have been deployed. It's use calls for a change in behavior, for more sobriety or whatever, more than a change.
Speaker 2: It's really weird. And then not having an air condition wouldn't want me to be sober, would want to be Here's the thing that I know, like in only the most political of worlds, is an air conditioner a political choice? Like to normal people, you're just like, is it hot. I would like an air conditioner. That's that's it. That's as far as it goes.
Speaker 3: But this says as an intense heat wave sent temperatures above forty degrees celsius this week in cities from Bordeaux Nantes, far right presidential hopeful Marie La Penn accused leftist parties and green activists of ideologically opposing air conditioning at the expense of public health. It's absurd to have people die because of the heat, said the leader of the Resemblement National Party. If I'm elected president, I will put into place of massive air conditioning plan, starting in places with the most vulnerable populations, hospitals, care homes, in school.
Speaker 2: You don't even have a hospitals. No far left leader in rival candidate hit back. Absolutely not installing air conditioning everywhere would only mean increasing the damage, he said, alluding to the risk of increased carbon emissions.
Speaker 3: Like this seems like a weird, dumb thing to argue over. I think, in particular, this should be something that they put in place for all old people. Like old people are the ones who are at risk here, like Donna saying you grow up without air conditioning your house, it might make you tougher, you might not be so comfortable, but you're probably gonna be fine. If you're younger and it's hot outside, go play with your friends, run around in the hose or something. But the idea that you're like making it a political thing for old people to have or to not have air conditioners, I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: I like, I think a lot of us are just kind of spoiled.
Speaker 3: And I know there are a lot of places where, like I think in the Northeast it's still maybe fifty to fifty or something that you would have an air conditioner. Maybe more than that, I don't know, but a lot of places in the Northeast still don't have AC's because there's only a couple of months a year that things get that hot.
Speaker 2: But if, like in areas like that where they're so like against air conditioning, if you do have one and it breaks, I don't think the amount of like AC repair people like we have here would be over there, because why would you open that business if you're fixing something next to nobody has. Yeah, or if you do have it, you're gonna be shamed or something. Yes, I like that.
Speaker 11: I like that move they made in France, which was another move. They thought, let's say that nobody's allowed to drink outside right now because alcohol outside because it's too hot.
Speaker 2: I saw that. Yeah, how does that help? They had said, Look at no public events, no gatherings, no nothing, can you drink alcohol because somehow that's going to be worse. It's uh when it's this hot outside. Hold on, are people dying because they're drinking and it's hot, or are people dying because they're just hot? I think most of the people who die in these situations are old people who live in places where there's not proper cooling mechanisms.
Speaker 11: They've had a bunch of people die from drowning Sean because people swimming in places where they shouldn't swim. Like more than two or three dozen people have died from drowning.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about that. It's crazy. So they're like seeking out something to cool them down, and.
Speaker 11: Like they're jumping into the ocean or somewhere where it's not safe or signed off to swim.
Speaker 2: Channel that is that hot outside. I can't swim, but f it just jumping into the SAYE are not says two hundred thousand people have died in the past four years in Europe due to heat. I don't know what the exact numbers are.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's correct or not, but I know that this is weird, like very political person stuff. Most people would never go, well, you know, I can't have an air conditioning for my mema because of climate change. I think that most people would just go the person either needs it or doesn't need it. And you're like, you're hobbling yourself in the name of saving people from climate change, and in doing that and trying to be like sort of I don't know, forward thinking in that way, you're watching people actually die in the moment from other things, so that I just it doesn't add up to me. It doesn't make a lot of sense. But Europe has been dealing with this seemingly forever. The southeastern the United States, shortly after Don's parents denied him an air conditioner, decided to make a turn here and buy acs and they started to do more and more of this and building of new homes that had places that had air conditioners, and we are better off for it. It's a great human invention.
Speaker 2: Should we try to do things to help the world out and to help the planet and keep the planet nice. Sure, sure, great, great, great, But I'm not cutting corners at the air conditioner for God's sake. That is that is not where I'm trying to do this. Maybe you are.
Speaker 11: You're bringing up some bad memories for me, Sean. My parents put it in air conditioning within two months after I left to join the army. They said they could afford it now that I quit eat more.
Speaker 2: That seems rude. Do you ever have a word with them about this at some point in time, don I've mentioned it, Yeah, adds up. I'll let us know what you think.
Speaker 3: Set us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkieat dot com. He will be harboring some of that anger over not having AC in his youth when he comes back for the next poker tournaments the real radio and those.
Speaker 2: Are selling out quick, those tickets, I think. I think this morning they told us like eighty five percent ish. I don't think they're making it to the weekend. If you want to participate in the poker tournament and hang out with Don in the that mortgage guy Don Casino.
Speaker 11: Well, the official title is former Champion that mortgage guy Done. I won in twenty nineteen, and then I held the title for two more years because they didn't have the tournament again because of COVID. So I have the longest holding a champ, you know, from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: If my perfect soccer record counts, then your longest title holding thing, I think that counts as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I look, I know that you're pretty darn good at this poker thing. I don't know that I've ever been at your table, and I'm probably better off for that. They usually stick me somewhere with, you know, like they stick me to the rejects. Honestly, we go there like the reject poker table. They go, we don't want these guys messing up the hands of the people who are actually going to play some good poker. So remember that if you're at my table, as you look around, you know, you go, okay, that's where yeah, go all in right away. I don't have a tell because I just don't know what I'm doing. But if you're around that mortgage guy, don be a little more careful.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to play in it, if you want to go up against that mortgage guy, don who will be a little more challenging than that not mortgage Guy shown true that not poker guy either, Real Radio dot FM slash Poker. Yeah, thank you so much. Don. It's gonna be a fun event. It always is. Grab those way you can't. Maybe you'll be at Don's table, maybe you'll be at sea Land's table, maybe you'll be with me and the rest of the misfits. But it's a fun time regardless. We appreciate you. There he goes that mortgage Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 3: Make sure you are not only listening on the weekends to that mortgage guy Don's radio show, but afterwards you can binge all you want. You can learn more about getting help with a mortgage, with your with your house. It's the first time, second time, third time you've done it. You still need to make sure you have an expert to bring you along and drag you through it. Do not waste money talk. I'm talking tens of thousands of dollars. Sometimes people waste because they aren't smart enough to go over to a simple website that mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 2: Don, We'll see you next week man, Thank you, Sean, thank you.
Speaker 3: See le let everybody goes what a good guy and an excellent player at both Frits on the Street and poker. But we'll leave that aside and when we come back, we'll do jury duty. We'll see what's on your mind. I got dispatches, we got confessions, we have a lot. As Thursday rolls on and it's coming up next on the news Junkie, there is a story that I want to get to right before Jerry Dude, just because it's so crazy. I'll bring this up so you can see that it's real. I kind of do this over on on the video side of things so people can see him not just making up a story.
Speaker 2: But this is a real No, I'm not making Sean makes up stories. The truth is real enough, all right, it's crazy enough for everybody to be amazed by it. But he says he's got a four story house. He literally makes up stories. It's not police declare war on a hoax that has been spreading throughout Mombasa. Okay, which is I believe in Kenya.
Speaker 3: It's in Kenya. There's a hoax that has been causing chaos in Kenya. And you could see from this press conference here, hold on, will this read the story to us?
Speaker 2: That's very nice. If so, No, it doesn't. It doesn't seem to want to work.
Speaker 3: The Mombasa County security and intelligence community has issued a stern warning against a growing wave of mob justice.
Speaker 2: What's causing this mob justice?
Speaker 3: Well, it's triggered by false claims of disappearing male Genitalia, declaring that anybody involved in assaults or spreading the hoax will face prosecution. The committee, which was led by Mohammed Nor, said the alarming claims are malicious fabrications orchestrated by organized Khan men to exploit public fear, to create confusion, rob people and loot businesses. The bizarre scam has sparked widespread panic and disrupted business activities in the coastal city. Within the last forty eight hours, rowdy mobs incited by the false allegations descended on unsuspecting individuals, leaving several people injured. So I guess somebody said that there's a problem and people's genitals are disappearing, So this is what caused them to freak out, says The hoax reportedly began nearby. Similar cases were referred to it some different markets and they were falsely accused of causing the disappearance of other people's genitals through touch. So they said that there is people walking through these cities in Kenya, and if the people touched you, if they put their hands on you, if they brushed up against you, then your genitals would disappear. So they would tell the guys like you, your genitals will disappear if one of these you, if anybody whoever has this, if they touch you, your genitals will disappear.
Speaker 2: It sounds like something your parents tell you to get you to abstain from a sexual intercourse, like, hey, you know, if if somebody touches it, it goes away. You want to keep that thing. That's what they said is that if you, uh and so, the people would be in these markets and somebody would brush up against them or touch them, and they would just start beating people like don't touch me, my genitals are going to disappear. Like get off me. You're gonna make my genitals disappear. Give me some space, make room, all right, And anybody who hits anybody else is liable to get punched. And it's caused chaos and Kenya because all these dudes actually believe it's this is guys, right, I don't think there's a woman who's like, oh, no, I'm gonna lose my vagina. I don't think that's happening. I think I've just given you so many things, haven't I read before? A couple of times before the power that one's been locked in, you know, pretty much all day. We used to do this when I was young. By the way, it used to be a thing, but it would be with your nose, you know, like you can got your nose. Yeah, yeah, this is like the gotcha nose game, but you like, oh, if somebody touches you, you will lose your penis.
Speaker 3: That's what's happening. It's dangerous out there, and Kenya, it's a hoax. Don't fall for it. Okay, right now, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 1: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to with your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the noose junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury duty brought to you by the one the only Modwitt of the DeWit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just Calmo eight hundred Camo eight hundred camo. We're going to just Callmo dot com. You gotta get the attorney that's going to treat you the right way, the attorney that's going to focus on you, hear your story out and fight hard, fight like hell against those greedy insurance companies, these billion dollar insurance companies, so that you, the little guy, can get what you deserve for once eight hundred Calmo and Andred Callmo or just callmo dot com.
Speaker 3: Just one story, real quick and Jerry Duty, a YouTube channel that once featured motorcycles appearing to weave dangerously through Central Florida traffic at speeds exceeding one hundred and fifty miles per hour, maybe coming to an end, and the creator is blaming the super speeder law as the reason. Dallas Ashley, the great grandson of NASCAR founder Bill Frantz Senior and grandson of NASCAR's former CEO Jim Franz, suggested that he may discontinue his speed Demon four oh seven YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: He said, the super speeder law has ruined this for.
Speaker 3: Him in his channel, it's just a matter of time, illegal Dallas, Surely just a matter of time before my eyes gets taken to effing jail, he said.
Speaker 2: And he said because of this excessive speeding law. It's made it so he cannot get content for his YouTube channel, which would feature all the people weaving in and out of traffic. This is just like that story about how in Oakland the car robberies had been declining, right, and then the news station in Oakland, California went out and said, can you believe these businesses who replaced the windows of the cars that were robbed? Their business is down. This is a negative impact of this, buddy. I don't care that your YouTube channel doesn't have content because there's a super speeder law anymore. I could care less if you're not getting one hundred and fifty mile an hour people flying on their motorcycles weaving in and out of traffic because they're scared. Now, oh no, what did you do in life that your grandfather and your great grandfather or whatever ran Nascar and you have the speed Demon four oh seven YouTube channel Speed Demon four oh seven. Do we feel sorry for him? Folks?
Speaker 3: He might have to shut down his YouTube channel because of the superspeeder law. Now, we're all benefiting from increased safety on the roads, but have you thought about the YouTube super speeder guy, if even for a moment back.
Speaker 2: In one of those. In just a second here or a moment, whatever, you're the one. We'll be back with the Power Hour.
Speaker 3: And I've got all of our confessions lined up, locked, loaded and ready to go. Those are coming up next on the News Junkie. It's a tough decision, but here you are, regardless, hang out with us and learn more at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, we're gonna get into the Power Hour here in a second. I saw yesterday and I was talking with Courtney about this a little bit. I was like, Uh, how strange is it iHeart with another round of layoffs going on now that some of the industry outlets are saying is one of the biggest ones they've ever done. They do these things where they just like list all of the people in every single market that's being canned and people who are being replaced, and oh god, it's just like an ongoing massive list. I guess in this latest round of iHeart layoffs that's happening today happened yesterday as well. I Mean, I hate to say this, but I think there was legitimately somebody who was at the event we went to where we told you that they asked you what you would do if you weren't in radio, And I think that person is no longer in radio, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, Like they're like, hey, what would you do if you weren't in radio, and be like, I would do this.
Speaker 3: And now I think that person is getting to explore that I think that that person has been eliminated from the game.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio employment here on the show.
Speaker 3: So I want to say that to say this, there is no better way to support this show, no better way possible in the world than to make a move and go over to be a premium subscriber on the Neewsjunkie dot com and unlock secret shows all right. It is a huge, huge way to support us and what we're doing here every day. And it is a way to bulletproof this show from the suits and anything that could possibly happen moving forward. You never know what's going to happen in this industry. You never know what's going to happen with this company is just constantly this kind of nonsense. The Suit's just their favorite thing to do is fire people.
Speaker 2: That's what they do.
Speaker 3: That's what they get off on the exit ramp for this is to make the show bulletproof and to get as many people who say, you know what I don't care about the connection to these particular stations is as much as I care about my connection to the show, I'm going to show them that I'm going to go subscribe to Secret Shows right now. I know I'll get an endless well of uncensored shows. I know that tonight being Thursday, tonight's Thursday, so at eight o'clock that will give you access to watch or listen to Secret Shows live. Depending on your subscription. It's as little as two ninety nine a month. To show your support. And another way you could do it and middle finger to demand the suits over at iHeartRadio is to gift subscriptions to other people. We have people who have been so so generous like Sun say John earlier with forty one gifted subscriptions. That is what helps because eventually that makes it so you don't need a corporation to pay for anything. You don't need any kind of signals and stations and anywhere on the dial. We could be everywhere. We can keep going no matter what happens around here. So if you want to throw some support that way, do that over at the news junky dot Com. Unlock premium access to the show. Unlock secret shows with us tonight for that or gift some some other listeners who are maybe struggling a little bit more and want to ride along on your gifted subscriptions over on the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 1: They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 5: Then they said, here is the lion, mister Watson, and over here is the water Buffalo, the cheetah.
Speaker 1: Time for the Power Hour on the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: Nonsense. Give me like a can you find a copyright free like jungle sound? I want like some some sort of like the music that you might hear on a safari right, like a safari type song that you might hear, because you're not giving me enough of the soundscape to make it real, because it did sound like an African dude, I think, okay, all right, let's see does this sound like a perfect now?
Speaker 12: And let me just find that clip of you again, because I take that clip because if I think, if we combine the clip with the sort of soundscaping bringing people to the beautiful African reserve where I was trying to transport myself I think that people will go, oh yeah, that does sound like an African Safari tour guide.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think we could make that happen.
Speaker 3: I got I'm finding all right, get that, get that done, make that happen on your end, and then we'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay. Uh. CF says it's getting old. He sounds like he hates his job. You have talent, do your own thing, man, mod's banned. CF.
Speaker 3: That is that that kind of stuff is annoying, It's not helpful. You're obnoxious. You're trying to get my attention. Congratulations, you just got it for five seconds.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Whoever's over there ban CF forty five is constantly trying to do this, constantly trying to get a little attention from this.
Speaker 2: What I'm telling you is what my plans.
Speaker 1: Are on this show.
Speaker 3: I've been so unbelievably forthcoming with all of this in a way I probably shouldn't be necessarily. I've said that I have signed a deal with this company to ride it out, get in front of as many people as possible, and try to build the foundation for what is next after this. You sang like, oh my god, I'm over You're obnoxious, You're getting old. I want you to be out of the audience. Gone, please leave bye. I don't want you to be here anymore. I don't need you, I don't care about you. Go goodbye, see you later, bye guy, Yes bye, thank you bye. Okay, now now, and just just for the record, you can go to the website right now and cross reference all of the things that I'm saying, all the things that we're going to be doing.
Speaker 2: And also support the show by doing everything I said. Don't let these annoying people bother you. NAT's all right, now here we go. Well, I I want to bring you back to Africa. And then now my impersonation I think will ring threat.
Speaker 5: Okay, right here is the lion, mister Watson, and over here is the water buffalo, the cheetah.
Speaker 2: That's good. Are you gonna tell me that doesn't sound like an actual African safari guide right there? A little bit one hundred percent water buffalo sounded like it was kind of edging towards something different, But sure.
Speaker 3: Guy, know that was legitimately an African Safari guy.
Speaker 2: And over here is the water buffalo, the cheetah. That's good.
Speaker 3: I think it's good. I think people are gonna turn the corner. On this one, they were saying it sounded Asian before the water buffalo part sounded Atlasian.
Speaker 2: It definitely sounded Asian. I don't know I said it that way, but it did make it more legit. Cheetah, did you do there? You go?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 3: I want to get to a couple of your emails here, because we haven't worked in enough of them. Here is some some anonymous confessions like this one. I said, best confession today. We'll get a prize. This person says, I have a serious problem. I would like to remain anonymous.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I have a serious problem with my wife. It's so bad I think I'm gonna divorce her. She watches TV as she's on her phone scrolling, which is annoying, and then she sits through the whole movie and ask what's going on. I can't watch a whole movie without having to stop in the middle of the movie and explain what happened ten minutes ago.
Speaker 3: And I'm really getting frustrated. It's like I shouldn't even be watching that movie. I don't know how to fix it, and I'm so so over it. Please help, says anonymous. That's their confession. I think what you're describing is incredibly normal. Just for the record, I think for me for a second.
Speaker 2: But the thing, Yeah, the problem is when I think that my wife has just been playing New York Times crosswords, the whole thing and not paying attention. About eight times out of ten. She knows what's going on sometimes better than I do. So I don't really have a leg to stand on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will tell you there's one move that I've tried that is good that fixed this for me, and that is Courtney and I we watch a movie most nights, or we watch like some episodes of a series of TV shows or whatever, and before the movie starts, we both take our phones. We go into the room, we plug our phones into the chargers and we leave them there.
Speaker 2: We don't have them within.
Speaker 3: Reach, we don't have them a stand up comedian kind of yeah, we're putting them, we're locking them away. And that way the movie comes on and where our attention is on the movie or the show that we're watching, and we're not even slightly distracted by that. And for us, that's been pretty successful actually, So I think that you might benefit from that.
Speaker 2: It could help out.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit. Let me know how it works. Uh, let's see, uh, Nick says to tips in the news junky dot com.
Speaker 2: I've had dogs forever and I never put on any damn sunscreen on my dog. However, we do have a white horse that we have to put kids save sunscreen on because the horse will get burned up on its nose and ears. Love the show, you guys, Rock says Nick. Never heard of that, but that's it. It's the thing. I guess when we talked about that before, that was about the veterinarian that said we should be sunscreening our dogs. Evil. I brought up a good point and said, foxes and wolves have survived in the wild for how long without ever, without a drop of sunscreen? No sunscreen for the foxes and wolves. Yeah, and everybody's been okay, all of the animals.
Speaker 3: The animals have never had this as far as I know, or though I guess you could say, and somebody might have said this already. I think some animals do self regulate with this, Like isn't that why pigs are filthy?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Maybe I do know one animal that self regulates. What I heard, and I might be wrong, Oh God, the cheetah. What I heard, and I might be wrong. Was I heard that pigs are filthy, not because they like to be filthy, but because they can't sweat, and so they cover themselves in mud when it's really hot outside to make them more comfortable. So I don't know if that's true, but maybe that's like their version of sunscreen, and they roll around it because of that. Elephants too, I think, I don't know type.
Speaker 2: So why do pigs get And I have nose rings, which I know the answer to fastrated hairy in the wild, so big stunned diarrhea that sounds like a terrible thing, and hair in their guns. It said nothing about that, but I've heard that's a thing. I could be wrong. I don't know much about these kind of fun No. It says pigs roll in the mud and get dirty for three essential survival reasons. They lack functional sweat glands points sean, so they cannot cool off by perspiring. Wallowing the mud provide the central temperature regulation. It also protects from the sun. It's a natural sunscreen and a little bit of pest control, okay, a bit of pest control for the me, so it's useful. It does something for him. Earlier when I googled, uh, do dogs get skin cancer? Before I type skin cancer, was like do dogs get And there was a whole bunch of things dementia, do dogs get bored? But my favorite was they do? My favorite wasn't. I'm like, oh, there's a lot of angry neighbors who have contributed to the algorithm bumping up this search. But it said do dogs ever get tired of barking? Yeah, that's one that I've probably wanted to google myself from time to time.
Speaker 3: You get a neighbor that's just doing that. But I like, I know they get bored. I know that one is absolutely one thousand percent true. We've got John emailing. He says, I'm a little behind. I paused the show during meetings earlier. But I've been through four or five earthquakes, the biggest being the north Ridge earthquake. My wife and I were about to move to Japan, so we had nothing in the apartment but camping mats to sleep on. Yeah, you heard it here first, folks. He indeed did say that he was moving to Japan. Japan nailed it, And back to where was the dispatch? Did I lose it?
Speaker 2: Son of a bitch. Yes, Oh, it was an email. It was an email.
Speaker 3: My wife and I were about to move to Japan, so we had nothing in the apartment but camping mats to sleep on. I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of my wife screaming in my face, and then I realized I was in the air. I bounced off the ground a few times before managing to stand up, and, being an idiot, immediately started combing around in the dark to try to find my video camera. I got it turned on, and just after the shaking stopped. Of course, we went outside of the sound of all the car alarms in the city going off and the smell of natural gas around the pool area. My next door neighborhood run through his glass table in the dark and was bleeding all over his legs. My god, he tried to light a cigarette and I stopped him. Then spent the next hour trying to make sure that nobody lit a cigarette. Into our office building the next day, even though it was condemned and in one of the ripped apart walls, I could see a twelve to fourteen inch dialogue diagonal square two beam was shattered in half with a six inch gap between two halves of the beam. I don't know what that part's about, but he's saying it was pretty jarring obviously to be in that situation. And when you're in an earthquake like that, I guess it is important. You need to be aware of any natural gas lines or natural gas in those places being exposed. Somebody trying to let a cigarette cold blow everybody up.
Speaker 2: I guess right.
Speaker 3: We have time for two dispatches. Here is kills true. Talking about air conditioning, go Jackie.
Speaker 13: The problem with air conditioners in Europe. My girlfriend listen in Scotland. It's hot, but it's only like hot for one or two weeks. Then it's like a decent temperature with no humidity. It's not like crazy floor to heat, so they don't see the point. If anything, they could do the window units over there, but reconfiguring all their old buildings.
Speaker 10: It's not worth it for like a couple of weeks a year.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think they should reconfigure all their old buildings. That doesn't make sense. I agree with you one hundred percent. This is something where Europe needs to get on board. Europe, and I'm talking about England, I'm talking about France in particular, but a lot of the UK they don't want to add air conditioners to places because they literally have been told in brainwashed into this idea that it's going to harm the environment and harm people, and so that's why they won't upgrade to have air conditioners. And in many cases there's politicians that will regulate things so they can't have air conditioners. So when I say that i'm talking about little window units and stuff, especially for older people. I'm talking about schools and new builds should.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent make sure that they have really good ventilation and really good air conditioner. Old people's homes, those kind of things. They need to build all of that in over time, but most people would just benefit from a window unit, and the idea that they don't is kind of crazy. Scotland might be a couple of weeks a year.
Speaker 3: That makes sense where they are geographically France, Spain, I mean these places it gets it gets much warmer for a longer period of time in some of those places, and they still don't have that much in terms of air conditioners.
Speaker 2: Here's a big ol. So I feel so stupid. You're talking about gifted subs, and it just now hit me. You're not the first subscriptions, not actual public subs. We could do that too, though, freaking idiot. Anyway, I want to like it. The site domain is for sale, big O.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much I can do here. The website is thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Buy up the the one that's for sale, though.
Speaker 3: You won't have to think of the website if you just search for the news Junkie and download the app.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna drop the cleaner. We're not no that that that website. I've tried to buy it many times, just newsjunkky dot com up. Try to buy it many times.
Speaker 3: They see that I'm associated with iHeart and they want to charge just oodles of money. I think one hundred thousand dollars or something was one of the last quotes that they gave me all that.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that that much. I'd rather just have what I have.
Speaker 3: Go to the newsyunky dot com and when the subscriptions are available as they were earlier, maybe they will be.
Speaker 2: Before the end of the show. Who knows.
Speaker 3: If somebody hits that gift icon on the website when they are you can claim them with one click, So do them quick break. When we come back, we'll get into the Power Hour rolls on. We gotta talk about this pastor that's in the news and the flight from Hell. Yeah, we're going on a plane, all right, like it or not, it's happening. That's coming up next on the news junk Ye Sea Lion says, gun all right. Actually not in the neighborhood, really no, No, You've got a safe neighborhood. It's a nice place. But there's different stories out there like this that lead me to believe that some people are living different lives, which you know, obviously just makes sense.
Speaker 2: I want to try to play this. I don't know if this is legit or not, but there's been.
Speaker 3: Some stories about how in Chicago there's the murders are up, things are more dangerous and blah blah blah. I could tell you, as somebody who lived in Chicago for six years, that it's not anything new that the murders are up. People kill each other, and specifically they kill each other in particular neighborhoods in the South of Chicago and neighborhoods that are rife with gang violence. It's mostly young black men killing each other in Chicago. If you look at the statistics, this is what it bears out for you. And it always happens the same way. It's in the summer when it's hot, they go out, they start to get into it. They start with the gang rival stuff and they shoot each other over nothing. They're killing each other over nothing, and they make it seem each other like, Wow, the homicides are up.
Speaker 2: It's just the weather. When it's cold, people kill each other less. I don't know why. I mean, they don't want to go outside. They're inside, They're less likely to shoot each other. It's a good side effect from that. But the story I saw said this is from WTTW. Shootings. Homicides in Chicago up this year as they continue to out pass last year's historic loves. Well that's when they happen anyhow, Right, it's still up over last year on the same time, So you've got more homicides than you did last year at the same time, but this time of year that you see way more in terms of violence in these areas. And this woman posted a video of herself and she said Chicago has gotten so dangerous in her neighborhood.
Speaker 3: If we're to believe her that. She says she has to carry something around with her. I'm gonna play this sea lanes stay by the dump button because I have no idea if this woman is going to curse up a storm.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try my best to keep this clip going.
Speaker 3: But she says that she has to prepare herself to keep herself safe because her neighborhood has gotten more dangerous.
Speaker 9: Here she is a lot of people ask me how I feel so safe walking around Chicago alone at night, And the answer is that I carry a hammer, just a full hammer. And I know you're probably asking yourself, but Nora, why don't I just carry like peppers, pry or something else.
Speaker 1: It's because that.
Speaker 2: Is that a visual d I thought that was on the way you got that, Yeah, okay. She says, it's about having a visual deterrent, And she says, if somebody sees me with a hammer, do you think they're gonna f with me? She's literally walking along the street with a hammer in her hand, and she goes, look, it's important that you have some kind of visual deterrent with yourself to protect yourself.
Speaker 3: And then she goes over Chicago's homicide rate, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA YadA. And I wonder do any of you have something that you bring with you in your own neighborhood, Like, are you carrying something with you in your own neighborhood. I know when Courtney goes out, she protects herself. She's got pepper spray and stuff.
Speaker 2: That she has with her. Because hammer, she needs to bring a hammer. Apparently, I've never heard of that before. I've never I've never heard of walking around with a hammer. A lot of people are saying dogs, and I have heard of that, and that that does seem to be a rather smart thing to do, to have your dog with you if you if you can. But also if you say it's a physical deterrent, what is that going to do if the other people have guns? So the people in Chicago that you're scared of have guns, and you're like, I've got a hammer right here. I mean, I guess that's better than nothing, But it still seems like it's not enough. She's got a hammer, She's going to fix you. I don't think brandishing a weapon is legal. Well, the hammer probably would be, right, the hammer, you're going to use it as a weapon. I mean, if you're using the hammer as a weapon, I think in this girl's case, it's because she's being attacked or or because she's not brandishing it as a weapon. She's just holding it. She's holding in her hand.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm put anything wrong with that.
Speaker 3: My gut tells me that this is one of those things that makes you feel good but doesn't really do anything. If there was some gangsters on the corner really really dead set on robbing you or attacking you, I seriously out there to be like that white woman has a hammer right now, so let's fully call it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Does it make it more likely that they'll call it off, Yes, it's it's definitely a threat and it could prove to be an issue. But if they really were dead set on it, I don't know that the hammer would be like. Actually, she was kind of saying, some people bring the pepper spray with him. I will tell you pepper spray, bear spray, whatever is literally one of the best atturns. It works very well. A one is a better deterrent. You're saying deterrent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if somebody goes to mess with you, I mean, pepper spray is is a deterrent when some trouble has already started. She doesn't want the trouble to start. She thinks the hammer is going to do the trick. But I think, just like you get, you don't know when people have pepper spray on it, So that's it's not a deterrent until you start messing with them and then they pull out the pepper spray and spray your ass and now you're you're down for the count. Yes, she says, it works, though she said this is the way to do it. This is me protecting myself out on the streets. I don't know if I put that out there, lady, it sounds like a challenge.
Speaker 2: If you need me, I'll be walking with my hammer in the middle of the night alongside the streets. She says.
Speaker 3: You need a physical deterrent. There she is and some gangster comes up to her, like they call me nails. I ain't afraid of no hammer. Look, it's better than nothing. But if you're so worried, I would say, get a gun. Like, if you're really worried about your safety, I would say get a gun. Take lessons on how to use the gun, take lessons on how to defend yourself. I'm aware that Chicago has some pretty different, let's say, handgun laws, but you could probably get your hands on one legally, and if you had one, that would be your best bet if you're not going to have a lethal weapon. Although maybe you would say that the hammer is a lethal weapon to defend yourself. I think the bear spray in those things are incredibly effective, way more effective than anybody realizes in so many casse cases. But they said carjackings ten times in national average, aggravated US all three times the national average, and robbery rates six times high. Robbery in Chicago is what you have to worry about the most. That's just the truth. The robbery rate, because they will steal your car. If you leave your car running, these people will steal your car. They'll mess with you if they see you on the street and they think that you have some money, you have a nice watch or something that these people will steal from you.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. When it comes to looking at the homicide rate, if I look at the homicide rate in Chicago, it's not gang members just killing randos. It's gang members killing other gang members. It's usually not just some random white woman who carries a hammer along with her. But I'm sure people have different ways to protect themselves, or at least that's what they think they're doing.
Speaker 3: Do you think this will be successful? Do you think there's a better way to handle it? Let us know how you handle yourself and protect yourself. Send us a dispatch at the news Junkie dot com or email tips tips at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, we gotta take a quick break. Then we'll be on time for our final segment.
Speaker 3: Here final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and of course today learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday.
Speaker 2: All of that is coming up next on The News Junkie.
Speaker 3: We said earlier we got our first live broadcast in a real long time coming up next Friday tomorrow on the Show's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be an amazing Friday show. So don't miss out on that at all. Josh, here, I don't have to work with it is nice, isn't it like a lean back a little bit? But next Friday it is going to be the live show. We're at Whiskey Kitchen and Mount Dora Live. Be there wherever you're coming from. You're gonna have a good time, and what I think what we're channeling.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Courtney about this yesterday, so then I was like, I'm picturing just like we're doing the quatro, right, We're doing these games, these these amazing games for the fourth of July. It's third of July is the broadcast, but for the fourth of July holiday, we're doing the quatro and we're gonna do four different games. The fourth round will be like a finale round between the winners of the first three.
Speaker 2: Oh do you think? No, I'm not gonna say it on the air, and I'm not gonna say I have a question for you. We're gonna be like the Dodgeball panel. You know that that's what word channeling. Word channeling like bold strategy, cotton. Let's see if it pays off. You know we're gonna be watching this all play out. We have to get out of here doing Yes, we do. Okay, let's do today.
Speaker 1: Learning the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cocky.
Speaker 8: Now, it's done.
Speaker 2: What we call today.
Speaker 3: Taylor for a Thursday, June twenty fifth, twenty twenty six Here goes Nothing today.
Speaker 2: Learned this band right here, Coca Nut Record. Nice work. I do not think you'd pull that one down there, the hell out of it. That the famous guys in that Oh man Jason Schwartzman from Channels look at him.
Speaker 12: Go.
Speaker 3: Jason Schwartzman, the Actor is a recording an artist into the name of Coconut Records, with Zoey Deschanel and also some members of Incubus that play along in some of these songs.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Miss ending the jug at the podcast Atthews Junkie dot Com. We'll see you tomorrow. Everybody,