Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. There's an old adage and that is human beings they walk with their feet, they stood with their face. No, no, that's not right. Okay, it was right. No, no, it's it's not right. I don't remember it correctly.
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Good morning. You ever had one. It is a Wednesday, October eighth, when we are into.
Speaker 1: A holiday Wednesday, and wow, fair amount is going on?
Speaker 3: Anybody?
Speaker 1: See Pam Bondy yesterday appearing in front of the Senate, the tucking smack ah man screaming at the senators every time they a Democrat asked her a question.
Speaker 3: She screams back, I mean screams back.
Speaker 4: She wasn't streaming, she was screaming.
Speaker 1: It was you talk about now in terms of people appearing in front of the Senate, in front of the House, and it is it used to be well on a I would say quasi bad or a good level. People were intimidated by you go in front of Congress and go in front of the committee.
Speaker 3: That is something really serious.
Speaker 1: Now, now if it's a Republican committee, and you're a Democrat or you're a pro Democrat, you scream right at him.
Speaker 3: You just throw it back, and it's the other way around.
Speaker 2: I think both sides are doing lots of screaming. But she did call Adam Schiff a failed lawyer and a liar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, that's terrific. And uh, when and when it came to call me was brought up. Uh, and Tom Homan was brought up, who is headed Border Security? And she was asked, why wasn't he prosecuted because the FBI allegedly has a videotape of him accepting fifty.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 1: And she came back with, we investigated and there's nothing there. There is no case. However, let's talk about Komy. By the way, the Komy case is going to explode on them. But it doesn't matter. You know, when you talk about weaponizing the just Department of Justice or any governmental, any governmental energy or the irs, it doesn't matter. You're on their radar screen, you're in trouble because if the Justice Department or the DA goes after you, whether or not you are guilty or innocent, it's going to break you.
Speaker 3: It's going to break you. A defense.
Speaker 1: Kmy's defense is going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if it's being funded.
Speaker 1: It probably is by some organization, but it's at least it's getting entertaining. I mean, when's the last time you heard someone a witnessed scream at the center of the congress person in the scream you are a liar, You're a failed attorney. I have this great stuff. I mean it just that's the way it's going these days. All right, A quick hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: Amy, Hi Bill.
Speaker 1: I always calls me on my exaggeration. I always say it's closer to screaming than not. But that's what's side your point. Wearing the Dodger judgy. Oh, so, what happened with the game? I didn't pay attention.
Speaker 4: Well, that's because there wasn't a game last night. The Dodgers played today. Game starts at six oh eight. They're back at Dodger Stadium and leading the series two games to none. So if they win today, they sweep and go on to the championships. If they lose today, they played game four tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And you have tickets for that. I heard that, and I have.
Speaker 4: Tickets for that, so it's I'm really in a quandrum.
Speaker 3: Now did you buy the tickets for that? Yes?
Speaker 1: So what do you do if the Dodgers win tonight? Do you get to go to just an empty stadium and look at the grass?
Speaker 4: They do refund you. It takes about six months, but they do refunded.
Speaker 3: By the way, how much were the tickets? Can I ask.
Speaker 4: For this one? I think there were? There are different prices for different series, like why I think it was like three fifty or four hundred for these.
Speaker 3: Per ticket per game. Wow. And then you have Super Bowl tickets, for example.
Speaker 1: Decent tickets, the three that are available thousands, tens of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're going for a lot more than that, I would imagine, But we got them because we're season ticket holders.
Speaker 3: H of course you are, and well with a.
Speaker 4: Bunch of other people, I couldn't four my own.
Speaker 3: No, No, I get it, No, I get it.
Speaker 1: And that's basically you almost have to be you know, but they still charge you for all the championship games.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I get that. All right. Well, hello to you and any Kate, Hello and Neil, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 3: And Cono, good morning. Happy Uh fluff another day. Uh, it's what today?
Speaker 1: Fluffer nudder fluffer, noter nudder fluffer nutter. Now I know what a nutter is, and I know what he is. Okay, I don't know what those two combined are.
Speaker 3: It's a peanut butter and a marshmallow sandwich done on a Porno set.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's delicious event in nineteen sixty, okay, by an advertising company, just when porno really exploded, you know, when the Supreme Court was making all those rulings on First Amendment in porno and very How's that for a coincidence?
Speaker 3: Huh uh? And good morning, Good morning Bill?
Speaker 1: And uh it's got here I go again. Mike Morris, Mike Harris.
Speaker 4: No, it's Randy Fuller today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's Randy.
Speaker 3: That's close. Hello, Randy, Hello there, good morning. Who the hell are you now?
Speaker 5: I'm just some guy walked.
Speaker 1: In heads obviously, I have no idea. Are you connected to the station? We are a homeless guy on the street that they grabbed. Are you a college stone?
Speaker 3: Usually I'm I'm I come up in the afternoons.
Speaker 5: When I do come up, but rare morning appearance for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see you know you sound like you're about to fall asleep.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, anyway, welcome aboard.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, there we go all of it. Any other bits of news is going on? I don't think really, no, No, we have some news across the board. And of course, oh is it going to be Trump news today? Just a little tiny bit and we start with that. Oh and today other than you know, Fluffer day national fluffer one of the two.
Speaker 3: You know, that's fine. What other national day is it?
Speaker 1: I think we're now going to start a segment every morning with Amy's going to go today.
Speaker 3: Is and then we go through the list.
Speaker 4: I used to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can start that again just for fine, just throw you know, a couple of u a couple of the of the national holidays, if you were, if you will, out there for our our friends in radio land to appreciate.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, ready to do it.
Speaker 1: I know I use radio Land all the time and you always look at me, Neil, like I'm out of my mind. All right, matter of fact, you look at me like I'm out of my mind every time we anytime we look.
Speaker 2: And just said that it's national start the effing news day today.
Speaker 3: Ah, got it all right, So let's do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story. Well, let me start with Trump news howe and highly unusual, uh the yesterday the President floated the possibility that some of the furloughed workers, federal workers are not going to get back pay. Now, the law says they do get back pay. And it was Trump who signed that law during his first term, and so what is that about?
Speaker 3: It goes we'll see, we'll see some.
Speaker 1: People don't deserve back pay, and of course they're going to get back pay unless he just decides I don't care about the law at all. And but it may go to court and you know he will lose on that one because the law is very clear. So I don't know if it's to pressure on the stopping of this fight that's going on where the government is shut down, maybe to avert that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's some people getting pretty upset about it. And air traffic controllers. Man, there's a story there. But let's go on and talk about pam Bondi yesterday.
Speaker 4: Well, Pambondi was in the hot seat, and she was firing off a lot of accusations and comments about the Democrats who were questioning our attorney general. Pambondi was in a battle with the Democrats. Of course, like we were talking about, the republic were all very nice to her. She said she took office with two main goals to end the weaponization of justice and return the Department to its core mission of fighting violent crime, and the Democrats one by one accused her of doing the exact opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that is the accusation. You're stopping the weaponization by weaponizing. And when the senators asked, but when you go after targeted people, when the president tells you to go after a person specifically, that's not a weaponization, And she went right back saying, no, you were weaponizing.
Speaker 3: We didn't, Are you a liar?
Speaker 1: I mean, just on and on and on, and she deferred, it deflected everything.
Speaker 5: And then Republicans would grill her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what Ted Cruz said to her, You know, we thank you for upholding America and bringing America back the Department of Justice to where it should be, and that is dealing with the law because the pre this administration did not it was weaponization.
Speaker 3: It is crazy, horrible, it is crazy. It's crazy. It's all crazy. It's all crazy.
Speaker 1: The difference is that there is establishing a new procedure, which there will be no procedures. These hearings, these congressional incentive hearings, are simply going to be accusations. And then who's ever on the hot seat screaming right back?
Speaker 2: I mean, I just say, they keep the octagon. Once it's there on the South Lawn, they keep it. And that's where we'll hold these congressional sessions.
Speaker 3: Okay, one more and then we'll take our break.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 2: US air traffic control, as you heard Bill just saying, highly problematic during the governmental shut down, you now have.
Speaker 5: More than three.
Speaker 2: Thousand flights being delayed. And these are widening number of airports. You've got Houston, Nashville, Dallas, Chicago, O'Hare, newer, these are you know, we had our very own Hollywood Bob Hope Urbank Airport, and this is going to be one of the impacts we're going to see. Even though you know there's a lot more going on, these are ones that we can see immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, yesterday was that for six hours there was no one in the control tower because they didn't have staff. I mean it was empty, and there was still control There were still a quasi control tower out of San Diego because there are some redundant systems. But you're going to say, now they're starting to call in sick, and it's.
Speaker 2: You're told you're not going to get paid, and it's like one of the worst jobs in the world stress wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you show up, you barely show up here. Yeah, isn't that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, And and they don't give me back pay.
Speaker 3: I get paid, you get paid.
Speaker 2: You imagine you as an air traffic controller. It's like you're coming back from microwaving your fintadas and there's three planes crashing and.
Speaker 5: I had to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. So what's wrong with that you do for Tata?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 3: If I'm putting a little bit, I would do it in that tone of voice. Froz's not.
Speaker 1: I don't do it in an apologetic tone of voice and go, hey, I'm having a fortata.
Speaker 3: You got the show's gotten in my way. Enough of that.
Speaker 4: A whole lot of Latinos are living in the USA for the first time in American history, one in five people in the US identifies as Latino. The twenty twenty four US Census Bureau shows that that was an increase of two million persons compared to population estimates from twenty twenty three, and altogether, researchers believe the Latino population in the US is now over sixty eight MILLIONO.
Speaker 1: The demographics, At what point I think they're on the way to becoming the majority of Americans those that identify as Latino. Is there any information on that, because I think they're on the way to do that. I mean, the population are of growth is very very well la of course southern California. It's ridiculous in terms of the numbers, but a lot of concentration here. But in general, I think they're on their way to becoming the majority group of people in.
Speaker 3: The United States.
Speaker 4: That information is not included in the census report.
Speaker 3: Well there you go. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 2: We do like the sexy time, and a lot of us are Catholics, so no condoms AnyWho.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, Well, I'm just saying, so you you practice saying that you let two of us in.
Speaker 5: One's a boy, one's a girl.
Speaker 3: There's going to be a population bubble, not.
Speaker 1: Necessarily, because if you're successful at practicing Vatican Roulette, then you do well rhythm.
Speaker 3: That's the rhythm method method.
Speaker 1: That's why God invented basil temperature thermometers.
Speaker 3: And just look that up.
Speaker 2: You know what, This is a perfect take away from your mouth to trash fees going up, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why don't we do that?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was not trash, by the way, that was a legitimate Okay.
Speaker 3: Moving on to Salialist City Council.
Speaker 2: Just yesterday they were increasing the trash collection fees.
Speaker 5: They voted on this.
Speaker 2: It is going to go up to fifty five ninety five a month per unit. But I mean, any hike sucks. But it's been like seventeen years. These people bust their humps. You ever see those drivers coming and dealing with our refuse and yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Don't get out of their trucks anymore.
Speaker 1: Sometow they have those those automatic machines, those grippers that the same company that makes those things at check that's where you go and you grabble the toys, same company that does that, just sideways and much bigger.
Speaker 2: It's not this stupid stuff that we do. This is uh no, but the money real work.
Speaker 3: This is double in some cases. I mean, this is a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this is what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: First of all, the trash program has been subized big time by LA to the tune of about half a million dollars a day. Our budget is going spiraling out of control, and we got to pay for it.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny.
Speaker 2: They talk about affordable housing, and nobody ever says about property tax and the cost of utilities and everything. How about those being affordable as well, because we're used.
Speaker 1: To those that's already those are already baked in because we know they're going up.
Speaker 5: If they're going to go up, I don't mind that it's the track, and.
Speaker 3: I pay for my trash.
Speaker 1: It's a private trash collector because I mean, you know, one of these gated communities, so the city doesn't touch it. But we're charged per can, per bin, and if you an extra bin, there's an extra twenty twenty five dollars or whatever they charge you a month.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's really expensive. Some politics.
Speaker 4: It comes Comy. Former FBI director James Comy is going to be arraigned today. He'll fear appear before a federal judge in l Lexandria, Virginia. The charges against him are for providing false statements and obstructing a congressional proceeding. It stems from Comy's congressional testimony back in twenty twenty, where prosecutors claim he lied about his knowledge of a leak of classified information that was later reported by several news outlets. He had testified that, in his words, he had not authorized someone else to be an anonymous source in news reports. Actually that wasn't Comy that said that. That was the prosecutors who said that. They said that statement was false.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to see from what I understand the reporting is. It's pretty flimsy the accusation. I think it's based on one person, a deputy of his, saying yes he did know, and Comy says no, he didn't. Based on that Comy's lying, and he's being brought in front of a federal court.
Speaker 4: Why would you even bring those charges if it's.
Speaker 3: Flimsy, because it is a political trial. Because it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Said earlier, it doesn't matter if you're weaponizing the Department of Justice, any side that does that. So if you throw something up, you know you're gonna lose and what do you care because you've just broken that other person, You've wiped out life savings because it has to be defended.
Speaker 3: That's a win. That's also just dragging their name. I don't you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of people, uh, you know, would think it's a badge of honor. And a lot of people on Nixon's list, for example, his enemies list. You know, the IRS went after people during Nixon days and it was horrific. And if you've ever and they go through it with a fine tooth comb, and they can make your life so miserable. And it's just that the government has the ability to do that when the government decides that they're going to use their own governmental power to go after people for political reasons. Uh, it's it's devastating for those people. Not only is it it's it's it tarnishes the administration. But you know, I mean call me. They almost didn't get out of the grand jury. And it's impossible not to get out of the grand juror enough jurors said no, there's nothing here. They got it, but it was close. Usually it's unanimous. Getting a grand jury indictment is the easiest thing in the world. There is no bar to it. No one defends you. You're not in there. It's just the prosecutor goes, hey, this is what we think we have. Okay, indictment. Almost half of the grand jurors in this case said there's nothing there, but they're going to go forward anyway.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 1: There's probably gonna be a motion to dismiss and we'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 3: All right, we talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 2: Trump cracked the door open about healthcare discussions, but then.
Speaker 5: Shut it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not talking, but now I'll talk, but only if the Democrats cave big surprise. We'll see how far this goes, because we're now into are we into our second week already?
Speaker 3: I think we are.
Speaker 1: It's day eight, Yeah, second week of the shutdown, so it's longer than most. A lot of shutdowns happened. You know, they won two days and that's it, and so there have been some two weeks shutdowns. The big one was thirty five days during Trump's first term. Right now, the Republicans are getting more blamed for this than the Democrats. So politically speaking, this is not good news for the Republicans because they get hit with blame. Interesting enough, they're the ones that won the continuing Resolution. They're saying, hey, just get the government going and then we'll talk about everything else, and the Democrats are saying no, and the Republicans getting blamed for it.
Speaker 3: Earthquake news, Well.
Speaker 4: I have one big quake when you could have two. So there's a groundbreaking news study that was published recently in the journal Geosphere, and it says that for thousands of years, large earthquakes on the Cascadia Subduction Zone were quickly followed by large earthquakes on the northern San Andreas Fault. Of course, then San Andreas is in California. The Cascadia Subduction is offshore. California is northern coast and runs up a lot with Washington and Oregon and into British Columbia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a huge story here.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do this at seven o'clock because it's something we probably didn't even know that we actually have a series of Bogo faults in California.
Speaker 3: Buy one, get one, all right, we can move on if you want.
Speaker 5: No, I'd like to sit in this awkwardness.
Speaker 2: Aye, Hey, so you should you shouldn't you shouldn't you should City of LA said it's going to appeal recent court orders that says our a recent court order rather that prevents the LAPD officers from targeting members of the press with crowd control weapons. So I know this sounds a little strange, but what you had.
Speaker 3: What you had was.
Speaker 2: Pushback during some of the Trump protests with using the so called less than lethal rounds and things like that. And now Los Angeles is looking at that saying, well, they have to be able to do something for crowd control.
Speaker 1: This is LA and the Department of Homeland Security together together, they're taking the same side. Yeah, I'm saying, you know, and true, how do you differentiate when you have a crowd going? You have to use crowd control and all of a sudden're supposed to see who is a reporter who is.
Speaker 3: Not a reporter.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, bill it's not like the old days when reporters were reporters. I mean, you have they have all of their press IDs, You've got citizen journalisms, you know, digital press, You've got all these different and it's them. You can't recognize every you know, mic flag in the same way.
Speaker 5: Otherwise just people to come out with mic flags.
Speaker 1: And there is no there is no legal definition of reporter. There's no licensing.
Speaker 2: You're a reporter, sure, so you gotta side with the cops.
Speaker 3: Amy, you have a reporter's license, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: What do you mean a reporter's license.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point I'm making. There's a you can't tell who a reporter is. To your point, everybody can call themselves a reporter. There's no licensing, there is no legal definition that.
Speaker 3: If you are this, then you are that, then you are a reporter. No one knows.
Speaker 4: You can be like recognized by official agencies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what official agency? The AP?
Speaker 1: Well, how about the National Association of the Digital Reporters that you just create? Well, no law enforcement, law enforcement, I understand, Yeah, launch understood. Right in the meantime, absolutely, and you can go into places where the public is not allowed to go, absolutely in the meantime in order this story about telling who is a reporter who isn't. So you have that little name tag thing, a little lanyard, and you've got a crowd going crazy in front of you. Well, and the sea and the Homeland Security are right, how do you tell so We're going to use the same the same force, and we just if they get caught up in the if you get basically caught in the same net, there's not much we can do now. The issue of them using artillery to stop the demonstrations, that's a different issue at some point.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Moving on, chicken for every pot and a refrigerator for every apartment. Governor Newsom has signed Assembly Bill six twenty eight into law that requires the landlords to have refrigerators and a working stove in their rentals. Apparently you don't have to have that now. I do remember that when I first moved here, going to apartments and going where's the fridge? And they didn't have to supply them. But that's changed.
Speaker 3: Isn't that weird? I mean, you think about this.
Speaker 1: People moving in apartments and have less money obviously than people that are blind homes. And you go from an apartment to an apartment, do you bring your own refrigerator with you? It's I mean, it makes it makes no sense not to have that, and it's I view this as a loophole. I mean, if you're renting an apartment, you have to produce a fridge and a stove.
Speaker 3: Can you? How can you not?
Speaker 1: But the loss is heating hot and cold water is basically it weather proofing, and that's it. They don't have to give you. I don't even know if they have to give you a stove at this point.
Speaker 4: Well they do starting on January first, twenty ten, which is.
Speaker 3: And a refrigerator.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've never gone into a place didn't have a stove, but I haven't gone into them without refrigerators.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, I think practically speaking, but I don't know if the stove is required under law, it certainly, I have no idea. But refrigerators. People don't take refrigerators with them. Of fact, most rentals, most rentals have washer dryers. Now you know, that's just part and parcel of it. Also, people put it in and they leave, and you know not how many people take washer dryers and refrigerators with them.
Speaker 3: It's a pain. It's not easy, all right.
Speaker 2: Santa Catalina Island, if you remember they dealt with this, I don't know last year or year before.
Speaker 5: Something.
Speaker 2: The mule deer they're back and they're problematic. You've got like over I don't know, twenty one hundred of these deer. They are not indigenous, so they cause problems and they need to get rid of them. And if you remember, people freaked out that they were killing them by rifles or whatever from how about airborne from helicopters? And now they said, okay, well we've got to still do it, so we'll do it from professional contractors that would shoot them on the ground.
Speaker 3: What difference does it make.
Speaker 5: That's the whole point to me.
Speaker 3: We're going to kill them.
Speaker 1: We're going to kill them, and they're eating and it makes sense to get rid of them because they're eating native plant that native yeah, which causes what well, what ends up happening is they're invasive plants that that they're eating the natural plants that are indigenous and then and then the non native plants come in take over those burn up. I mean, it's horrible. So you kill the deer. By the way, deer are really just big rats. You know that they eat everything. I had them in my backyard and you couldn't kill them, and you couldn't.
Speaker 3: It was horrible.
Speaker 1: So anyways, they're gonna get rid of them, and they should, and then you have, oh.
Speaker 2: It actually protect protect them from wildfires because or protect the island from wildfires, which is because again.
Speaker 1: You've got you've got the non native, the invasive plant life coming in and taking over, and the plant life and non native stuff burns very quickly and easily.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly it. Amy. You were going to say, what are.
Speaker 4: They going to do with all these dead deer?
Speaker 3: Are theynison? Well?
Speaker 4: Are they going to use it? Or are they going to throw them away? Because I think that two thousand dead deer could go and help feed a lot of animals, news, it could go to feed people, fertilizer, It could be done for a lot of things. If they're just going to discard them, I'm totally against it. I think that good.
Speaker 3: How do they use it? How do they use it? You know you have to.
Speaker 1: You just can't take a pile of dead deer and then throw them someplace and they go here, you take care of them in a slaughterhouse. I mean, it's all regulated that. No, under the law, you couldn't, Amy, You really couldn't.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: You could take them.
Speaker 4: To the Alpine Zoo and Big Bear. They have all kinds of what are they going to do with that?
Speaker 3: What are they going to do with two thousand dead deer?
Speaker 4: They could stacks.
Speaker 3: Deer at the Alpine Zoo. I'd go see it. I'd like to see a stack of two thousand dead deer. I pay money for that.
Speaker 4: I just think throwing them away is wasteful.
Speaker 3: It is, but you still have no choice, at least I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's some news, good news from the Amy Neils School of Disney.
Speaker 4: Oh, the spendiest place on Earth. Not really well doesny World and Disneyland are going to be raising prices on various tickets and annual prices effective annual passes, effective immediately. But it's not raising prices on absolutely everything. So if you go on non peak days, you can still get the tickets for the same price, But the peak days and passes are what's going up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so early November, early December, in the middle of a snowstorm, you'll probably get pretty decent prices.
Speaker 5: But why would you want to go on the peak day anyways.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that. Yeah, I don't understand that at all. Yeah, I've shared this story. I've shared this story with you before when I was a lot younger, in my twenties, thirties, maybe March February, March midweek, going to the park. There are five thousand people in the park. You wouldn't wait for anything.
Speaker 2: I was in the park yesterday and it was nothing. It was the easy peas of getting around everywhere, all right, Dolly part and sister speaking out free to Parton, pardon you know a lot of people may or may not know this, but she's got eleven total siblings. Man, that's all. That's that's bigger than a small Mexican family. So she's got her sister. Free to Parton, who said, pray for her sister. She's up all night praying for her. Dolly has some unknown ailment right now that made her postpone her upcoming Las Vegas residency.
Speaker 3: That is not a good sign.
Speaker 5: She's seventy nine years old.
Speaker 1: That's not a good sign. That we don't know what she has. We know that she is, we don't know where she is. And her sister says, pray for her. And I'll tell you when when Dolly Parton dies, which of course you will at some point, hopefully not soon. It's that's going to be a loss where she is. She is a national she is a national treasure.
Speaker 2: I've seen her speak before and she's very powerful and compelling, and she seems very lovely and kind. But she even joked about it. She said that she had several procedures needing to be done, and she joked they were all part of her one hundred thousand mile checkup.
Speaker 5: So she's in good spirits.
Speaker 1: It's very funny. She's very self deprecating. She's brilliant songwriter and performer, and everybody loves her.
Speaker 2: I love her line about you know it costs a lot of money to look this cheap.
Speaker 5: It is a great line.
Speaker 3: How do you beat that? You really don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're done, guys, this is KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.