Speaker 1: All right, it's the average American and for the great American. On this Martin Luther King Junior Day, and a day of great note, I think we should pause and just reflect on that, just for a moment. Those of us who were children of the sixties understand what a great man this man was and how his life was cut down far too short. A great man of peace, great man of vision, somebody that not only did so much for his own race, but cut across racial lines and understood that you get nowhere by yelling and screaming, but you get everywhere by talking and acting and leading, and so on this day, I think of some of the great moments that he had in his life, and wonder about the great moments he could have had had his life not be cut short. So today is Martin Luther King Junior Day. It is a day that is resplendent, with a lot of other things going on that we will get to between now and three o'clock. And we are one day away from the one year anniversary of Trump two point zero. Trump two point zero. Now, a lot of people, I think, were expecting Trump to be different in his demeanor, and he is somewhat, but He's still not lovable and huggable. I think a lot of people wanted what Trump promised to do and what he's carrying out, but maybe they didn't want it done as clumsily as what Trump does. But Trump is a disruptor, He's a changer, and the next three years will go a long way and determining whether or not these changes that he campaigned on and he's starting to deliver on, if these changes will be things that have a short shelf life or something that might just be gone with the wind if Trump and the GOP is run out of office in twenty twenty eight. Now, somebody that understands all of this, I don't explain any of this is standing by to join us right now. He is flashing euphemistically speaking online one And it's a great day when we could get political analysts and a man who looks at life and says, let's live at the Winsome way. It's our good buddy from out in the buckle of the Bible belt, out there in the Midwest, where the grain grows great and the sun shines bright. It's our good buddy, Dan Snell, how are you on this glorious Monday?
Speaker 2: I am doing dandy. Thank you so much, Ken for those kind words. Always good to be on the nation's station. You know, I looked up why you were called that, and President Trump and WLW SEFNE have something in common. There's never been anything like it before ever ever, as Trump always says it, that's because I learned the wlw's first five hundred thousand watts and only five hundred thousand watt station before you were said, they said, can't do that anymore? Mean historic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where I live, you used to be able to get it in your toaster. You put your toaster out there for morning toasts and you'd hear WLW five hundred thousand watts. And if the world goes sideways, Dan, if for some reason that we're invaded by aliens or there's some other cataclysmic event, it's one of the few radio stations that will remain on the air. We're right out there at Voice of America Plaza, out there just right by the transmitter, which is a giant edifice stand that looks like it tickles Mars. It's so big.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, I read about it. I was very impressed. You are the modern day You were the truth Social before truth social existed. Trump Trump would try to acquire you or make you the national station if he were president back in nineteen thirty five or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, right after Greenland, he may be coming for us. Who knows. All right, So I wanted to get you on to talk about the good and the bad at Trump. I mean, there are plenty in each column, There's no question about that. The thing I think is if we just extract what these polls are out there, which you know, I don't pay attention to them. I think they're old metrics. I think political junkies like them. I think the only poll accounts is election day. But if you extract all of that and just say, for the moment that, okay, Trump is probably at best underwater by about eight points. In some polls conducted by left wing organizations like CBS News, he's down by thirteen or fourteen points, as you know, as I look at what he's done, and we're not going to see the fruits of this until later on this year. But this big beautiful bill, which is now a big beautiful law that was passed allegedly, we're getting tax cuts, no tax on tips, reduced taxes, on social security, huge GDP growth, and you know internationally Dan look out and Rod's nuclear capability extracted. An illegal president in Venezuela, sees the oil fields that rightfully belonged to the oil companies from America that were run out by that by that government, and he stopped, for all intents and purposes, illegal immigration. So I think on his good on his good column, on his got it done column, I think it's rather it's rather you know, lofty there. But the bad column, I think is the thing that just overshadows all of that, unfortunately, and that is we lost a lot of jobs in twenty twenty five, didn't create a whole lot of jobs in twenty twenty five, And there's still this, I guess, this disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street. And I think that's what's probably more than anything, dragging this guy down in the minds of the public. Now, tell me where I'm wrong here and where we should embellish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you have an excellent points. You know, America wanted some of the things with regards to immigration and paying it time, to the economy, which is what he he ran on, and being strong across the world, and Donald Trump's had a lot of wins. We'll give him. We'll give him wins and some good policy ideas. The challenges he faces, and you and I have talked about this now for perhaps five years. Is sometimes his words that he chooses aren't as winsome as I'd like him to. And he follows he follows some of his big victories with then words or behavior that people go, why is he doing that? What's going on? And currently we know we have the Greenland and even the last twenty four hours he sends a note to the Prime Minister of Norway talking about tying Greenland to the Nobel Prize, which you know, kind of shocked people. And now tariffs on Europe. So that's just one example. In twenty twenty six, we have a lot of great things going that he can celebrate the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our country. We've got to work on, you know, elections coming up, and so if he does not adjust his words and his flamboyancy, and it's going to be a tough year. If the economy does get on back on track, he can celebrate that and focus on that. But right now I speak to groups about the winsome way, and I've spoken some rotary groups recently, and even in the heartland of America, which has traditionally been pretty strong for Trump, there are people that are questioning the economy and for sure his behavior.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, the thing is, if anybody thought Trump was going to be different in his behavior of verbiage from Trump one point zero, they simply weren't paying attention. And the second thing I would I would say to all of that is Trump can't get a win in the media. He can't the media roots against this guy. I mean, Dan, I worked in Washington, d C. I saw how the sausage was. I worked in local television for forty five years. I know the kinds of people that populate both, and they're populated greatly by people that simply don't embrace conservative ways and our rooting openly. It seems at times for this guy to fail, and so he gets frustrated. And I think at times that frustration overwhelms him and he doesn't know how to deal with it. I don't think he's got enough people around him, and this is probably through his own doing. Who tell him. Look, let's step back a second. Let's take a deep breath. Let's not go down that road. And I think that's a major problem for him too. You can't have a bunch of yes people around you or you're doomed to fail.
Speaker 2: Would you agree, absolutely? Yeah. I think Susie Wilds as the chief of staff is a pretty strong that he should listen to her more than listen to his number two person there, Steven Miller. I think Steven Miller, for whatever reason, was wounded in life and thinks he has to constantly take it out on anything, any subject or any person. And I think key plants seeds in the president's here that the president then acts on and it doesn't serve the president's persona. And I think this year that there's got to be there will be a defining moment that something will turn him around. I have noticed that he does do some of these words. He likes to just get a rise out of Democrats or a rise out of the media. However, as you said, the media takes that because they're trying to do their job and they spin it negatively against the president. You know, we do have the biggest things concerns being concerning all media, social media to mainstream media. You and I have talked about this for years, is that we're so divided. I have friends that send me from the far left and the far right. They send me videos and clips and shorts. See how bad the right is, See how bad the left is. And you know, I'm standing in the middle trying to say, you know, flush out that. Hey, that's fifteen percent on the left and fifteen percent on the right. And the good people of Ohio, Cincinnati, or Kansas City, or a good old Nebraska by the way, undefeated University of Nebraska basketball at eighteen and no, we look at things.
Speaker 1: So is Miami of Ohio. So is Miami of Ohio too. They're only about bumbo. Okay, all right, So.
Speaker 2: We get the radicals on both sides, and it's dividing the country. And I just hate to see that. Minneapolis. What's going on there is a horrible situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. And I think what you're going to see unfortunately in Minneapolis, unless it changes as quickly as you are going to see some sort of military presence in there, over and beyond the Ice agents. It's going that way. They have a weak governor who is desperately trying to distract everybody from the fact that he's one of the most fraudulent governors in the history of America, and he's got a mayor who's right up there with him in Minneapolis, and it was matter from heaven when all of this ice thing exploded in his town. It distracted the public, and it obviously distracted the media, who wasn't really a hip to the whole deception and fraud that was going on up there. But be that as it may, Yeah, I think we voted in twenty twenty for a guy who turned out to be, you know, adam minded to be kind about Joe Biden turned out to be adamminded because we didn't like the way Trump Trump behaved, we didn't like his tweets, we didn't like the way he talked, and we saw what we got over the course of twenty twenty one to twenty twenty five. So yeah, I think Trump is it's incumbent upon Trump. If he really wants to save the GOP in the midterms and if he really wants somebody like JD. Vans to carry on his legacy, he's going to have to brush up and he's going to have to change. And I just don't know if he's capable of that.
Speaker 2: Dan, Yeah, I think he's pretty set in his ways. You stay excellent point is that he is a little bit sensitive. I'm surprising to me that a man that's been that successful in life. You know, my background is the referee and the politician. I always pick the hobbies where you get heckled the most, right, So I think I can he needs to maybe go referee of basketball gate or where he's just very sensitive and I think he just needs to tough him up a little bit, which, as I don't think is going to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you said that there could be some event here in this year that that could turn the tables one way or the other for Trump, and I think he desperately needs it. He's trying to create things, the things that do that that turn the tables or change the narrative or gets whatever maybe he's interested in, and that's the success of his party going in another direction. Most of the time, those things are organic. They don't grow anywhere from somebody's idea and hey, we're going to have this great idea or this mid term convention or something like that. It's something that that's organic that usually popped up when you have an event like that. Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. We do see a movement now and smaller numbers. But it was of Republican senators and some congressmen trying to suddenly get the attention of the president by standing up to him on things like Greenland and some of the different events the War Powers Act. And so I think we may be good to have another Republican meeting, a rally that they might have there in Washington to talk about, Hey, how are we going to get on the same ship. We don't always have to drink the same my tie or the same drink on the cruise ship, but let's get the cruise ship going to the same place.
Speaker 1: You know. I mean this whole thing with Greenland, and it's you know again, it's a hot topic because Davos is starting this week and Trump is going over there. Trump isn't going to invade Greenland. I mean, that's a fast track to an impeachment that would stick. That ain't happening. And he's not going to buy Greenland. That we don't have the money to buy Greenland. I suppose we could print currency, but right now, if you haven't noticed, we've print a lot of currency. I think what he's doing, and this is obviously just a layman's analysis here, you know far better than me. I think he's just trying to get everybody's attention. What he really wants are the minerals that lie beneath Greenland. Greenland's a miserable place for about six months out of the year. I don't think anybody, even the people that live in Greenland, really want to be there, and so I think he's just trying to get added or get more of those minerals out of the ground that we need for things like pharmaceuticals and a stronger military presence in Greenland because he doesn't want China anywhere around that island. And I think all this other stuff is just bluster and negotiating and controlling the world narrative now is the world comes to a stage again at Davos. That's what I think is going on here with Greenland. I don't really think he wants it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: It's going to be an interesting next couple of weeks with Europe gathering together and some of both sides of standing up and throwing their chests at each other and saying, hey, you're not going to do this or I am going to do this. I think President Trump has the right idea in looking at what's the future of the world when he even talked about Canada or agreement, but the way that he went about it, his approach instead of trying to say, hey, let's put our heads together and see how we could keep the world safe for long term twenty five years from now, but the way that he just ruffled feathers so much. And that's his style because he's a billionaire that's always been able to throw money and power around and influence, and you can't always do that when you're in the world of politics.
Speaker 1: If the phone call came tonight from Susan Wils's chief of staff to you, Dan Snell, knowing that you have run for political office multiple times and you've written a number of books The Winsome Way, The Winsome Candidate, and knowing that you are at heart a Reagan Republican, and Susan called you and she said, Dan, we need you here in the White House where we need to start advising the President as to what direction he needs to go here in the next eight months so we're not ambushed in November, because if the Democrats get in and get control of the House in November, their first order of business won't be anything that benefits you, me, or anyone else. Their first order of business will be to impeach Donald Trump. We know it's coming. So if she called you and you say, okay, Susan, I'll be out there tomorrow. I get on a NonStop flight right now in Kansas City. I'll see you tomorrow morning. As you walked into the Oval office with Susan Wiles, and she said, Susan said, here is Dan Snell to help us out. Mister President, what would you tell.
Speaker 2: Him, Well, thank you for even thinking I could do that, because I do. But I honestly believe I could make a difference there in Washington, DC. I'd probably wear my referee shirt and I'd walk in and say, mister President, this is my college officiating shirt, and this is a whistle, and I'm going to blow this whistle when I see you doing something that's unsports than my conduct. It's hurting you, sir, and it's hurting Republican Party, and it's hurting the court. And the court is the game instead of basketball to the United States. So yeah, I honestly believe. And sometimes this happens around this time of the year where they make some adjustments in the administration and officials leave and stay.
Speaker 1: But what would you tell What would you tell him, though, Dan, What would you say? What would your first order of business be? I mean, blow the whistle? Great, you probably get all the yes men in the office. The whistle blows, Hey, we better go. But what would what would you specifically tell him?
Speaker 2: I'd say, mister President, I believe that I represent the heartland of America, and probably that's about seventy percent across the whole country, not just the heartland. But mister President, you're you're off track. You're on the wrong course in how you're going about some of these things. And I, sir, want to serve you, to make you historically a great legacy and the big America better. But the way you're doing it, you're going to cause a big loss in twenty six in the midterms, and you're going to end up in the history books not the way you want to do it. And so please listen to me. And if you don't listen to me, I'm going to keep pushing until you do. He needs somebody that can stand up to him. You know, Donald Trump puts his pants on the same way I do. He's just a guy. Yeah, he could do whatever he wanted to do to me, but he's got to have someone that says enough, sir, enough and.
Speaker 1: Yeah he says enough, and somebody yeah, I mean you got yeah, You've got to. I mean he needs somebody. I think you'd be a hell of a guy in that ovalhelf and stand to be honest. We need somebody going there and just talk reality to him. And he's at war with the world. He's at war with the press, and the American people grew tired of it back in his first term. And that's how we got Joe Biden. God forbid. In twenty twenty eight, regardless of who runs, God forbid, this country gets somebody like Gavin Newsom. Because if you thought Kamala Harris could have been bad, and if you thought Joe Biden was bad, wait till that guy gets into the Oval office. And my god, I just thought today the California owes the federal government one billion dollars because of the medical aid that they're providing to illegal aliens in California. And that's just the tip of it. They've got all kinds of wild ideas out there that are basically printing money to give away to this group or that group. God forbids somebody like that shows up in the White House in twenty twenty eight. But Dan, our time is up. I do think you can make that phone call now. I can track down Susan Wilds if you want. You know, she used to be She's the daughter of the late Pat Numberol, So I'm sure I can find her numbers somewhere if I get it. Can I give you her number? Will that be all right?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I would love to talk to her. I've also thought about trying to reach out to an interviewer, but you know, one of the executive orders I have him do first is make WLW back to five hundred thousand wats like we opened with, because then the truth, justice in American way, and goodness would be sent throughout the land.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All those executives from Cumulus Radio just hit the just hit the floor screaming, Oh no, we are the heart that beats at iHeart.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: Uh, Dan, you stay well and you and I'll be in touch.
Speaker 5: Thanks for your time, all right, Stay winsome.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, somebody's got to pull. Somebody's got a real like guy in. He's not going to buy Greenland. We're not buying, we're not invading Greenland. It's not that's that's a bunch of people on national talk shows trying to stir it up and get eyeballs and people, We're not it's not going to happen. What he's doing is this is a negotiation. And if you've been in a negotiation, you know how these things work. You know, you get the other guy riled up, and then all of a sudden you make the deu won and he's like, man, I'm glad that didn't happen. Twelve twenty eight. The average American inn for the Great American on this Martin Luther King Junior Day on seven hundred WLW twelve thirty nine, on this Monday, It's the average American inn for the Great American. Wherever your you are, however, you may be listening either on this great medium called terrestrial radio that Dan Snell wants to take back to five hundred thousand watts and I'm one hundred percent in agreement with him, or on the or on the iHeartRadio app we welcome you in and thank you for joining us. So we've seized the oil fields in Venezuela. We got Maduro out. He's now in this country awaiting trial. He was an illegal president, he was an illegal everything, dictator, whatever you want to say. And so they got Maduro out. Not sure who's in charge yet in Venezuela, but eventually whomever this current administration wants in charge of Venezuela will wind up there running it until they can hold free elections. But one thing we did get back are the oil fields, and those oil fields rightfully belong to people other than the dictator that has just been extricated from Venezuela.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump said two things this week. One that Venezuela and whatever profits are realized from these oil fields that are now under the USA's control, Venezuela will realize money from that, as well as the companies that owned those oil fields before they were run out by the Maduro government. And also today, I was just watching Fox Business and they had a guest on who was saying that we will be knee deep in Venezuela oil for the foreseeable future. And I said to myself, well that's good on one hand, but perhaps bad on another hand for those that drove baby drill here in the United States. So I wanted to get a good guest of this program on and I'll tell you this about RT. Travino. He is not only the guy who runs Peko's Country Energy, which is a privately owned oil and gas exploration and production company headquartered in the Fort Worth area of Texas. He is also the man that the character Tommy Norris of Landman was built around. Yeah, Billy Bob Thornton, I think, and I'll confirm this in just a second. I think moved in with R. T. Travino for about six months so Billy Bob could study exactly what a landman like RT. Travino does on the job. This is fascinating. If true, I read this somewhere. I'm not sure, but let's confirm it.
Speaker 6: RT.
Speaker 1: Travino. How are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I'm doing excellent today, Ken, and thank you as always for those lavish introductions. I will not confirm, but I won't deny that Billy Bob Thoyd had to come sit down and mirror by.
Speaker 3: For a few months before shooting Taylor Sharda's new hit show.
Speaker 1: Did he clean out your refrigerator? Did he replenish what he ate? Did he make his bed? I mean, what was it like?
Speaker 7: You know, for the most part, all of us in the oil and gas industry are very respectful of others property, and we do like to return what we may or may not of eating and or drinking.
Speaker 1: He's got a pretty hot wife on that show, you know, Angela. Did she show up at all at the Art Travino residence.
Speaker 3: There, No, no, she did not show up.
Speaker 7: And I'm sure as many of us that are about my age didn't though that Marcity Blues was still a thing.
Speaker 1: Well, now i'm looking here last week, I guess it was maybe thursd Your Friday gas was about two dollars and sixty seven cents a gallon on the national basis. You look around today here in the Greater Cincinnati area, I'm seeing gas regular gas going for as low as two dollars and nineteen cents a gallon. I'm looking in places like well Mount Healthy, for example, a very nice community here in the Greater Cincinnati area. Two dollars and thirty one cents a gallon Middletown Kroger has got it for two thirty two. I said it's as low as two nineteen. That's in Pleasant Run. I'm just wondering. Trump said six seven months ago the gasoline would eventually get below two dollars a gallon. Now that we've got all of this this oil from Venezuela, is that just going to hasten the process of getting the price of a gallon of gasoline below two dollars a gallon?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, if I was a betman at twenty sixteen when I voted against Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have gotten that one righted.
Speaker 7: If somebody asked me six months ago, will we ask you to seat two dollars gasoline?
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure.
Speaker 7: It looks like we're definitely on pace, and there in Cincinnati, that whole area remains relatively low compared to the national price, and especially when you have the seasonal factors that have been introduced and the ample global oil supply right now, and let's not always forget about the great US production levels that we have.
Speaker 3: So it's just really great.
Speaker 7: And with the Cincinnati somewhere just around like those prices that you mentioned, they're still down significantly from last year.
Speaker 3: How awesome is that? It is?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 1: But now we've got this oil coming in from Venezuela, and and I have visited enough in the past to know that the oil that comes out of the ground in Venezuela is called in the oil business dirty oil. Might right about.
Speaker 7: That, that's true that we try to use the word crude, which just means it's got a lot more in there, a lot of more crud in there, if you will. However, that oil does so well here in America, not only by into our refineries with our sweet Texas oil that we get here in the great seat of Texas, but also can for the refine.
Speaker 3: For the strategic petroleum reserve.
Speaker 7: We were able to refill our strategic petroleum reserve for a lot less than in the past. And I've been hearing numbers been thrown around, and I just want to say that this as a what if, because years ago, would President Trump during his first term tried to have a Democrat led Congress purchase enough oil to refill the strategic petroleum reserve.
Speaker 3: They said no at twenty five dollars oil.
Speaker 7: Okay, The what if Ruber right now, is that Venezuela was selling that oil to China for thirty dollars a barrel. So the rumor is that President Trump's going, Okay, we're going to honor that same deal and we're going to fill up the strategic reserve at thirty dollars barre oil, which would be great for the nation. It doesn't hurt the oil and gas companies of the United States, but it also doesn't necessarily help us at the same time. Right, But for as a country red and yellow, black and white, left, right, it helps us out tremendously.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And let's not forget the reserve is intended for a national emergency. It's also intended for if God forbid, we ever go to war. You know, I still think there are people around here aret that around here, around everywhere. They think, oh, now we have electric tanks and we got electric trucks, and no, no, we aren't there. And we're certainly not marching down that road as quickly as we were under the past administration. So this is an emergency reserve if this country needs it for whatever. It's not something to be tapped into, as Biden did to lower the price of a gasoline at the A gallon of gasoline at the pump because you want to curry more favor with voters. It wasn't intended for that. It was intended for a national emergency for this country. So yes, I'm more than in favor of replenishing that and getting it back to the levels that it was during Trump's first administration. Now with regards to this oil, you've got that sweet stuff that's coming out of the ground as sweet crude. It's not crude. It's sweet oil coming out of the out of the ground in Texas. And we've got the crude or the dirty oil coming from Venezuela. All that sounds good. We haven't built a refinery of any note in this country in fifty years. How are you going to refine all of this stuff?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: That's that's the next question. It's about build, baby, build. We have enough oil and natural gas to sustain the United States combine combined.
Speaker 3: Well, let me say that again. We have enough combined.
Speaker 7: However, we don't have the infrastructure, all refining abilities to do that. Really a lot with the natural gas because as a nation, the United States uses twenty to one million barrels of oil a day, Okay, or bos boat barrels of oil equivalent, and we produce almost fourteen.
Speaker 3: Million barrels of oil a day, and.
Speaker 7: The estimates on how much natural gas we flare every day are monstrous. So we really need to be able to capture that natural gas to really lower all these prices even more.
Speaker 1: You know, the price of a gallon of gasoline. People always say, okay, yeah, So if the price of a gallon of gasoline that we take out of the barrel, I'm sorry, the price of a gallon of gasoline visa be the barrel of oil. How does that affect me at the pump? And it's not just well, we can get it out of the ground cheaper, because if the price of crude falls too far, we're dealing with businessmen here. We're not dealing with you know, entrepreneurs or philanthropists or people that want to make other people feel good. You're in business to make money. That's the way it works. But if that price of crude falls too far, then the American producers are going to cut back and then because it would be less profitable to drill. So, I mean, there's a delicate balance you have to have between the price of a barrel of oil vis a v what it does to you and me and everybody else at the gas pump. Can you explain that relationship? If it goes too low, I might say, well, we'll just let that set there until that price starts coming back up.
Speaker 7: You are absolutely correct, and to give back to just your other question about refineries, absolutely be so important for us for build another refinery right now, and that could be what part of the strategic play is of the majors with looking for certainties, because if we could guarantee x amount of barrels of venezuela and crude coming to American to be refined every day, that would also lower the price asaline.
Speaker 3: And then it is a business. It is business.
Speaker 7: It's a free market, it's business one oh one, which is all we all going to make profit. The Great Harold Ham was just on one of the news outlets this weekend sharing that at some point it's going to be too expensive for all oil Producersduce that is correct.
Speaker 3: As an independent papers.
Speaker 7: We have a lot lower threshold. But for some of these mid majors that sixty dollars is the number. They're not far off from having to just stopped producing, which will then mean loss of jobs and that we will see oil production go down, and that's not something we want. So we have to find that middle ground. And right now I think we have a president that is actually resetting the economic stature, not only here in America.
Speaker 3: Which he's making it great, but he's that in the world.
Speaker 7: Know that nobody can do anything without the United States of America exactly.
Speaker 1: And this then chokes off oil supply to places like Cuba or place is like China, and that all of a sudden, rather than having a free spicket in Venezuela, they're going to have to do business with us. But again, and I want to get to I don't want to get too deep in the weeds on the oil and gas industry. You know it far better than anybody that is sitting in this studio right now or might be out there. This light crude that the US produces, it's cheaper to refine, and most of our refineries are designed to process a mix of that light crude and that dirty crude from Venezuela. But it seems to me that it costs more to refine this oil from Venezuela. Am I right about that? Even if there's mixed. If there's mixed refineries there, it has to cost more. If it's just stuff that's not as sweet as what comes out of the ground in Texas. Therefore, it might not affect the price of a gallon of gasoline as well as what we think it might be. Am am I connecting the dots here, or am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Ken?
Speaker 7: What we have here in America is the majority of the refinery is I would say a strong seventy five percent of the refiners in America are not built to actually refine the sweet Texas crude. They are actually built and designed to refine that cheap or the lesser expensive oil, like in Venezuela in the Middle East, where we were getting millions and millions of barrels of oil from a day. A lot of our oil actually gets refined out at other places and then may or may not come back to us. So again, getting back the refinery question, we absolutely need a new refinery. We could use two or three several years ago, if I remember correctly, then one of the very first times I got to meet with you was because Exon Mobile had just refurbished part of an old refinery into Now we're being able to refine two hundred and fifty thousand barrels of Sweet Texas old crude. And that was a huge, huge move, And so we need more things like that in the future to truly be able to become independent, not only in all the other ways, but most importantly in energy independence.
Speaker 1: Here all right, So I rattled off some numbers here in the Greater Cincinnati area. By the way, we're chatting with RT. Travino. He is, he's the man that they based Landman on. And I can't confirm this, but I know there was Hollywood production people that were all over his where he lives, his neighborhood and everything, and watching him out in the area, roughnecking and things like that. I guess for reasons you can't confirm that, is that correct? You just don't want to be besieged by autograph seekers and things like that. So I have I've got these numbers that I've that I've rattled off about a price of gallon of gasoline here in the Greater Cincinnati area, and it's close to two dollars a gallon our tea. Knowing that the summer is coming up, knowing that the air is the summer gas and there's winter gas, and it changes prices when we hit the bricks here in May and into July fourth. Could it be under two dollars a gallon by then?
Speaker 7: If there's ever gonna be a time in the United States history for us to be below two dollars again. And here in the Great Stead of Texas, we've actually seen those some places like that. I know we've seen them in like Corpus Chrissy, Amarillo. But if we want to see that on a national average, this is going to be the summer to do it. I do believe that if we don't see it by the end of July twenty twenty six, we won't see it.
Speaker 1: Well, he might just try and figure all this out, he being the president, with his smart guys there, they might just have two dollars gallon of gasoline by July fourth, two hundred and fiftieth birthday of these United States. By the way, before I let you go, you of course have had it in the ground for a while, that big beautiful diamond bit that is at ken Brew One in your field. How many barrels of oil are coming out of the ground from Kenbrew One with paper energy?
Speaker 7: Yes, No, the Kim Brew run is still just as strong as consistent as it was on day one, just like you are with your radio show, just pumping it out and giving out great production and great.
Speaker 3: Just communication all day every day.
Speaker 7: And that well, it's just the kim Brew number one has done us so well.
Speaker 1: And there's not a lot of people passing out from the natural gas fumes like we saw on why that one land Man episode. It's not like it's it's it's it's endangering the environment or anything I want. I can't do that. I have to be environmentally friendly.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, and that was not natural if I'm correct the episode. You're thinking of that as a very dangerous mustard gas.
Speaker 4: Oh don't we.
Speaker 7: Wear yes no, and so you wear no no. So we wear a lot of safety gear, have monitors on set, and fortunately knock on wood, as I always like to say, knock on wood, and this area of where the Kimbrew Number one is, we don't have a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Well, when I get down there, you and I are going to the patch. We're gonna go to the p absolutely and we're gonna go in there and we're gonna we're gonna have some beers and we're gonna talk about all this stuff in person, because I really want to get down I want to get my hands dirty when I go down there. I want that. I want that crude all over me that I have to scrub off with with pomise and things like that. I just want. I want a rough nicked. And I'll be able to do that, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, absolutely, you know we'll get you to sling some chain out.
Speaker 1: There, sling some chain. That sounds fascinating. All right, RT. You stay well. You know we'll be in touch. Keep the faith, brother, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ken't have a good one.
Speaker 1: Yep, there he is the original landman.
Speaker 5: RT.
Speaker 1: Travino. It's twelve fifty six on this Monday. Glad you're with us. No, I mean it, I'm glad you're with us. Hell, I don't want to do this alone. Seven hundred WLW ten minutes after one o'clock, which would be one ten on the Eastern time zone. Here in the greatest country in the world, the United States of America, and it's the average American and for the great American on this Martin Luther King Junior day, Glad you are with us. I don't say that capriciously, for without you what would I be. I would be one man sitting in a room babbling by himself. And why would I have to leave home to do that? A lot to get to on the show. It's college football Championship night tonight. We'll have a little Indiana angle to preview on that. I like Indiana in this game. I know the emotions are with Miami. They're playing just around the street, round the corner and down the street from where their university sits. Also the biggest red flags in job interviews, and there are a few A lot of people are looking for work. Jobs were tough to come by in twenty twenty five. And if you're out looking now, maybe some things you can avoid that might make you a more attractive candidate. And we've also arrived at Blue Monday. This apparently is the one day in the three hundred and sixty five calendar days that is the day that is most difficult to get through for some people, Blue Monday. And I don't know why, but it's always this date in January. Anyway, We're going to get into that before we're done here at three o'clock.
Speaker 3: And this.
Speaker 1: What this world needs, I think, is a good laugh. There are a lot of things that go on in this world that are so serious, a lot of things that go on in this world that consume us. And as you get older, you look back on the things that did that to you at a certain age and you say to yourself, why was I so concerned about that? But apparently that's where we are. We don't want information, it seems like anymore. We want affirmation, and so we gravitate to the various websites and the various radio shows and television programs that tell us exactly what we want to hear. And what we want to hear all the time isn't necessarily the truth, it's just what we want to hear. And we get enraptured with things like doom scrolling on Twitter, and we get consumed with what other people say to us and about us, when sometimes all we really want to do is laugh, just have a good time. Well, I've got the place for you, and I've got the guy that can do it. Coming to the Funny Bone. Have you ever been to the Funnybone out there in Liberty Township? Coming to the Funny Bone the end of this month for a couple of shows on January thirtieth and thirty. First is a guy you have probably seen a lot of on television if you watch the show Gutfeld on Fox News. If you watch that show that's on at ten o'clock at night, they have a lot of comedians on The one comedian that I love that is always on that show is Jamie Lissau. He's deadpan funny. In fact, Guttfeld calls him one of the five best comedians working today. He's been in a number of movies. In fact, he was in the Netflix original series Real Rob that was with Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, Norton McDonald, the late Norm McDonald, and David Spade, and in fact he co wrote and co produced that. He's been on The Tonight Show, the Late Night Show, He's been on all of the late night shows, and a lot of the Comedy Central shows, the specials that pop up. And so when the booker, the guy that places the various comedians at these clubs around the country, when the booker said, would you like to talk to Jamie Lissaw, I said yes, because I think this guy has just dropped dead funny, and I also wanted to talk to him about the serious side of his business. Which is a really tough business to find any kind of traction. So here he is now ready to join us on seven hundred w WELW on this Monday, and let's ask him, Jamie, let's l how are you on this glorious day.
Speaker 4: I'm really good, Ken, thanks for thanks for making the time. Very excited to come back to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: No, I'm glad. I'm glad you're here. You've you've hit some spots around here. I mean, you've been in California, North Carolina, Alabama, places like Laugh Factory, Wits End, Comedy Club, Punchline, Side Splitters. I often said, if I was going to open up a comedy club, I'd call it Depressions, because what I do is get people in there and then they'd laugh and they'd feel better about themselves. I think I got a good idea.
Speaker 4: I like that. I think I like that name for a club. I have this weird thing that I think about all the time where it's kind of a morbid, but I always think about if something ever happened to me and then they report that something terrible happened to me in the news, I hope that I'm on my way to a good comedy club. When the report comes out, like, I hope it's like a bunnybone, were like, oh, Jamie was going to fight. I just can't have a report like, you know, Jamie's car went off the road on his way to rooster Te Feathers. I just can't.
Speaker 1: Oh, my god, at what age? And I have some serious questions because I, you know, I'm fascinated by your business. At what age did you realize you could make people laugh?
Speaker 4: So honestly, I would say at about ten years old, my default was comedy. So like, even at like ten, eleven, twelve, if I was in trouble, or if I was stressed out or the parents were acting strange, I noticed that my default before anything else was to try to make everyone laugh. And then it was not until many, many years later, even after watching Rodney Danderfield's Young Comedian especially, it took years for me to realize that people could do that as a job. I thought they did that but also had other jobs. My whole life, I thought, oh, comedians probably you know, during the day, their accountants or something. I didn't know it was a full time job. And so when I got older, and really I was actually in law school, for a solid week and when I when I found out you could do this for a living, and I dropped out of law school after a week with my father's support, and I ended up trying stand up And that was thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Did you work on routines at that young age? I mean, were you working up material at that point?
Speaker 4: So in about maybe like fourteen or fifteen, I was embarrassing, but I'd be in my basement and I had a microphone that was not even it was not even plugged in, and it was just a microphone, and I would pretend I was talking to people. And years later I was performing at a comedy club in my hometown of Rush to New York and my neighbor and it was like packed and it was exciting. And my neighbor told me she used to come and listen to me outside of my basements when I was performing for no one.
Speaker 1: I think Buddy Hackett got started the same way.
Speaker 4: I think so might the same I had.
Speaker 1: That woman arrested, might have had the same neighbor. I don't know, do comedians like each other or because I mean, you're you were on all these specials and you've been uh, Rob Schneider has been very good to you, and I just wonder if they like each other or if it's you get in a room and they're all trying to one help each other. How does that work.
Speaker 4: I would say it's almost like there's two groups of comics if I was only going to separate them into like group A and Group B, and there are there is a huge like community of comedians that just want each other to succeed, and you kind of find out who they are early on and all my friends, like my favorite phone call is when one of my openers tells me I got to cancel because I'm headlining, I can't open for you. And I go, that's the best, That's what I want for them. And I surround myself with like Rob Schneider, like that man is more excited for me than I am excited for myself, no kidding, Like he is so excited, and I think we sort of like, because I'm like that, I tend to be around people like that. But you are absolutely right that there is the opposite of that, where it's a little bit more cutthroat and competitive. But those guys aren't in my friend group. You know, those guys kind of are on their own thing. So I kind of prefer it this way in comedy and also in all things, you know, like where we all kind of root for each other, there's room for everybody, you know, it's like there's only one slot.
Speaker 1: No, no, I know, I totally agree with that. I think there's I think it's that way in a lot of creative businesses. And sometimes you get caught up in your own bs and all of a sudden you're surrounded by people that couldn't care less about you, And what a terrible place to be. You you write, it seems like a lot. Do you write for the gut Feld Show as well?
Speaker 4: You know what's funny?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 4: I have as a like a fill in when there's an emergency. But my problem is, I'll be totally honest with you. When I write a good joke, I do not want to give that the great guess. I'll like to keep that for myself. But there's other guys who are more joke machines, like a Joe Devido, a Joe Mackey, a Cat Tents, and so they are the regular writers in the show. I will certainly fill in, but I will admit my best shows will probably stay in my pockets? How happy to fill in?
Speaker 1: How often do you write? In other words, I mean you've had specials and things like that, and you don't want to repeat the same jokes constantly. Like I love Rodney Dangerfield, but Rodney Dangerfield to tell the same joke and then three years later he's telling the same joke. I think he was a genius, don't get me wrong, but the comedian is out there long enough. You don't want to have stale materials. So how often do you write? Are you writing every day?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And like I try to make sure we go back to market. It's usually like a year at least imageween markets, And when we do theaters, we go back a year and a half later. And the goal is if somebody came to that first show and they come to that second or eighteen months later, it's a gotta be ninety nine percent of a new show. So they come back that third time in that fourth time, and it's creating a new experience for them. And so I do work really hard at that. And I also try to work very hard at every show that I do. Even if you came to, you know, the Friday late show at the Funny moone and then the Saturday and early show. I think those would be a little different too. I think each one would sort of have its own thing. I try to keep it like, you know, not like interactive, like I'm doing croudwork. I have my hour, but I will certainly invite it to be a little bit different than if you just watched this on television. Like I know you're there, we can talk to each other and it's like a night out that it's going to be unique, even if it's in the same weekend. But yeah, I would say like a new hour every year and a half is probably is the goal.
Speaker 1: And you've been to Cincinnati before, right, I mean, this isn't a virgin trip for you.
Speaker 4: In here, right, many times I did visit when it was a virgin I believe it or not. And when I yeah, I have definitely been to Cincinnati before before Guts Held, when I performed there, I'll be honest with you, no one else was there a lot of room to stretch out, a lot of emptycas But I've been back I think twice since guts Ald, and it has been it's one of the warmest welcomes I've ever received. This is not a joke. The first time I went to the Liberty Funnybone, it is not a joke at all, not a bit. I pulled up to the club and there's a huge line outside, and I go to the manager like, ah, man, what's going on tonight? What are we competing with? And he goes, what are you talking about? Those people are there to see you? And I go, yeah, what everybody? I thought he was doing a bit. I thought I was joking that they were all there for my show. And so I have like a special place in my heart at that Liberty Funny One because it was the first place I was like, whoa, you're telling me people are really coming to actually see me. And so, yeah, I love Sincenty. I've probably been there, I'm not even kid like, maybe twenty times in the last you know, thirty years.
Speaker 1: But you don't get out right, I mean, you go to these towns and you do the show, you go back, you relax and whatnot. It's not like you go sight seeing it like for a two days stop here. You're not going to be out taking in the sits going to a ballgame or something like that.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, I do travel with my wife now and so she has been good at getting me to do a little more of the local stuff that is in each town. Like we don't get too crazy because we do get little hire for the shows that everywhere we go, we do try to do one thing. Would you have a recommendation for us on the thirtieth Cincinnati? Is there something you think people should do in Cincinnati where they live?
Speaker 1: Well, on January thirtieth, it would be an inside recreational thing. I wouldn't recommend going outside to do anything on January the thirtieth in this town.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I, like you said, Skyline Chili. Is that Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's excellent, it really is, but you have to develop a taste for it. If you've never had it, I'm not sure. Okay, But there's also here's here's a pretty cool place. The Neon Sign Museum is in Cincinnati. All these Neon signs. Yeah, yeah, right down to all right, Yeah, check that out, Check that out.
Speaker 4: Great, I'm going to mark that down.
Speaker 1: Write that down, man, and if you like it, you know, give me a shout out or something. What did Gutfeld discover you? Or did you discover Gutfeld so.
Speaker 4: Many years ago? There was a show called The Red Eye on Fox like three in the morning, and there's more. I had more like a cult following it. I just did a random audition at a club in New York City and as quick as I can, basically, I do my set at Golphin comments on. It goes pretty good. It wasn't like amazing, it wasn't awful. I was like, I felt like I was like middle of the road, not that. And afterwards, I go to the bar next door and this guy catched on the shoulder and he goes, hey, man, I'm great, gus Old you know I hosted. I go, oh, can I can I do your show? Was I funny enough? And he goes, man, I missed your set. I was taking a leak and I go.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 4: I go, that's okay. Maybe I get auditions some other times and he goes no. He goes, I'm going to put you on the show, and I go, why are gonna put me on the show? Like you didn't even see my set? And he goes because people keep coming up to me telling me how funny I was tonight and he had kno been on stage. We were both wearing the same outfit and these dumb black glasses that everyone used to wear back then, and so people thought he was me and told him he was funny, and he goes, oh, that's good enough for me, And that's how I met great. They put me on. That's a true story.
Speaker 1: It's a great show when ever you're on. I've often wondered about this, So can I just can I take you from where we are right now to reality and suspend reality for a moment and go to a place that may not ever happen. Right we were about to be invaded by space aliens and they're coming to Earth, and the only thing that can that saves mankind would be to deliver the funniest joke ever. Who would be the candidate to deliver the funniest joke ever to save mankind from space aliens? Would it be Tom Shalou, Joe Mackei, or you?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 4: That is a tough one. I feel like I would choose Tom Shalou if we felt like we had all lived long enough.
Speaker 1: I asked him the same question. Go with Mackie, Okay, all right, all right, I think you're underselling yourself there, Jamie. I think you're underselling.
Speaker 4: Yourself it'sry to put myself in that position for mankind.
Speaker 1: But you, but you could, but you could save humanity. So this is January the thirtieth and the thirty first end of the month at the Funny Bone, which is a great venue, it really is. And it looks like we're catching you maybe at the end of the tour. Are you just going to keep touring after that? I don't have anything on on my sheet here from January thirtieth on. Are you Are you still going to keep touring after this or are you going into retirement.
Speaker 4: The reason there's nothing in your sheet is that's when the aliens are coming and we're just waiting to see how that goes.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for your time here. I do I do. You know what I said at the beginning, that you are you are wildly entertaining.
Speaker 4: And I agreate.
Speaker 1: Man, it'd be a great night and a matinee anytime you can see Jamie liss out. Don't go run. Thank you so much, sir, and enjoy your time here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Ken, good talking to you. We're going to that Neon Shime Museum.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: We'll calculate it there you go.
Speaker 2: Uh what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: The American side. You, well, he'll figure it out. He'll figure it out. You google this stuff, it's up there. He is a funny dude. I don't know if bo News is something that you gravitate toward. I have no idea if you like what Gutfield does. But when he's on the show, it's very quick on his feet, very quick on his feet, and really really funny, does a lot of and clean. I mean you go to one of his shows, like at the Funny Bone, Clean and again he's there the thirtieth and the thirty first of this month. Good play to see comedians in a good place to get a laugh. We're coming up on one twenty six already National Championship tonight Miami and Indiana. We'll get into that in just a moment. It's the average American in for the Great American on this Monday, News Radio seven hundred w l W one nine News Radio seven hundred WLW on this Monday, it's the average American in for the Great American. No seg today, that means no stooge report. Oh, I'll try to carry on here. The Buffalo Bills fired head coach to Sean McDermott, today after another season that failed to end in a Super Bowl appearance. But they've taken the guy that was the GM elevated him to president and so he is now the president.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think McDermott's going to find another gig. I mean, there's so many gigs that are open right now. You would think, off the top of your head, maybe Pittsburgh, although McDermott may come off a little soft for the Pittsburgh crowd. I could see him going to Cleveland. Baltimore would have to be interested now, and maybe even a team like Miami, you know. I mean, he had some success in Buffalo during the regular season with Josh Allen, but his team, his teams couldn't get over the hump in the playoffs. They've got a new stadium that's up in Buffalo right now that's going to open next year, so I'm sure the owner wants new everything, and that stadium, if I'm not mistaken, is financed through not only public but private money. I think the family that owns the Bills is the Pagoula family. They also own the hockey team in that town. They put up one point two to five billion to help finance that stadium. The state, I guess kicked in like eight hundred and fifty million, So anyway, I'm sure he wanted the owner wanted a fresh start, but they seem to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater on that one. And already you're seeing some blowback from current Bills players. They're saying this doesn't make any sense. But nevertheless, Buffalo is now on the list of teams that are looking for a new head coach, and Zach Tanner remains the last man standing in the AFC North. Tonight is Championship Night in college football Indiana Miami. They're playing it real close to the University of Miami's campus, although the price is down there for these tickets are so high that it probably is going to be more of a fifty to fifty split in that crowd and not just necessarily all Miami. And the other thing that's going on here too is Indiana's Somebody asked Kurt Signetti at the media day the other day what it's fair to be to call Indiana University and what has transpired there this season a Cinderella story. Here's what the Indiana head coach said.
Speaker 9: Well, I think that's a fact. If you look at the record since Indiana started playing football and relative to the success we've had the last two years, we've broken a lot of records here in terms of wins, championships, postseason games, top ten wins on the road, et cetera, top ten wins period and so you know, it's been kind of surreal. Uh but you know, you get it done with the right people, properly led, and you gotta have a blueprint plan, uh process. You gotta have the right people on your staff and the right people in the walker room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta have Fernando Mendoza. That hasn't hurt. Heisman Trophy winner. He of course grew up in Miami, so this is a homecoming of sorts for him. He was talking about that just late last week.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I would say the meaning it means so much to myself and my family having growing up in Miami, growing up a University of Miami fan, and basically whole identity being, you know, a Cuban living in Miami whose grandparents, all four grandparents, you know, immigrated from Cuba to Miami, made their way, had the American dream. And you know, I've been so thankful to them and thankful to God I've been able to you know, have a good you know, childhood and them raising me by accomplishing the American dream. And I think it just means so much to my family, as you know, playing in Miami against the University of Miami.
Speaker 1: You know, the kind of the journey.
Speaker 10: It's kind of like a full circle moment, but also means a lots of a lot of my teammates and coaches and also everybody in Who's Your Nation just because it is the national championship.
Speaker 1: Jack Pose joins us here now on seven hundred wylw. He covers the Indiana Who's Yours for? I think a terrific website when it comes to Indiana athletics, more basketball centric maybe than football, but I think that's about to change. And I guess you know, when you look at at Mendoza, he's he's nothing but efficient at quarterback. That's one of the reasons why he and they are so successful.
Speaker 6: Is that fair to say, oh, one hundred percent, I'd agree it really is. Ken every single week that he's efficient. I can count more times than not that he's had more touchdown passes that he's had Incompletioncy that I think thirty one of thirty six in these last two games with eight touchdowns. That is incredibly efficient. He has some great throws and there's just no duds. He'll always find his receiver, and even his dad throws, even those zero yard games look like NFL throws because he goes through his progressions. He's a pro style quarterback. He can run a little bit, and he is just a steady presence for a steady offense that is just high powered as we've seen these last filt let's say, fifteen games.
Speaker 1: He also is somebody that has commanded the field. Look, there are a lot of quarterbacks, as you well know, in college football, there's system quarterbacks. They get the team to the line of scrimmage and the first thing they do is look over to the sideline to see what play is being called, and that day, in essence, become a robot. Certainly the players are coming in from the sideline. He's not up there freelancing. But I get the sense that when a play starts to break down, when that call from the sideline or from the box isn't exactly right. Get the sense with him, he's not flustered, and he understands exactly what his options are. He sees the field, he commands the field. I think so well, does that come, in your opinion, from maturity, the fact that he is older and he's not some seventeen eighteen year old kid that's out there trying to make an offense go, or does that come from someplace else?
Speaker 6: I really think he's just a mature quarterback, is very smart. He's someone that idolizes Tom Brady, and realistically he is kind of that Tom Brady sensive. He can read the field like no tomorrow. In about a second and a half, he'll go through his progressions. He knows where he wants to go. If that's not open, he'll go. He can read the defense just about as good as anybody I've ever seen, both high school, college and pro. And maybe I hadn't been around as long as some other people, but he probably is the best quarterback in just seeing the field and knowing and going through hiss. And they're not really a checkout able team with Kurt Signetti. So maybe it is the play calling and Mike chen Hans done a really good job the offensive coordinator. But when you have a guy like Bernana Mendoza, Your playbook opens more because of just how mature he is.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit about the defense. They have got some obviously some terrific players. Aiden Fisher, the senior transfer, he's the mic, he's the middle linebacker. Absolutely, just terrific. A little bit about him because he seems to be the heart and soul of that Indiana defense. What's what's his story? How has he progressed this year? For those that might not have seen all of the Indiana.
Speaker 6: Games, he went from all Big ten to all Americans in my opinion this year. Ken he is the he's the vocal leader off the field too, but he he wears the coach to player dot. So everybody trusts Aiden Fisher and he leads the team in total tackles the other night with nine. But it's the guys that surround him that make him so good. He they trust their captain, they trust him, they look to him for every single play. And there's a reason for it because he's earned that spot. He's in his fourth year with Kurtzaghetti and defensive coordinator Bryant Hayines Aidane Fisher is one of those guys that he just keeps progressing. He keeps improving his draft stock, but he's not doing it for himself. He does it for his team, and that's why he's so good.
Speaker 1: I watched, obviously, the Ohio State game championship game, and the defense was terrific. And so was a player in that game that I want to give a little bit of attention to, and that was Isaiah Jones, who's an Ohio guy. He's from right up the road between here and Columbus London, Ohio had terrific game against Ohio State. I'll watch him even in games where you look at the numbers and you say to yourself, well, okay, I don't see the numbers, but a boy, did I see him flying around? The UCLA game comes immediately to mind a little bit about Isaiah Jones because it seems to me that he doesn't really get the attention I think he deserves. Do you feel that as well?
Speaker 6: I think that him nor Elijah Hardy, the other linebacker, get the attention they deserve. Everything really goes to Ayden Fisher deservingly, should I say, But Isaiah Jones and Elijah Hardy make this defense go Indiana. Brian Haines just runs some incredible skime. He schemes incredible blitzes. He puts Jones and Hardy in in great positions to succeed. But he flies all over the place, does Isaiah Jones. He he's someone that goes under the radar, but as soon as you see him coming off the edge, it's it's game over if he gets around that offensive lineman or whoever is going to attempt to block me. Five tackles for loss is the other day, and the sacks might not come in in Indiana really only had three, and two of them came from Daniel and Dukeway. But it starts with that trio of linebackers with Fisher, with Joanes and with Elijah Hardy. So he's one of those guys that he stuck around after Tom Allen was tired. He begged to get on to the roster under Kurtzignetti.
Speaker 4: And Bryan Taydes. And he's really.
Speaker 6: Done a fantastic job. Might not have done a whole lot last year, but he has just gotten better, even more so than Aiden. Fisher just keeps getting better and he's really he's only a junior. He'll be back next year and he'll likely be taking that Aiden fisher role.
Speaker 1: All right, we're chatting with Josh Poe's Inside the Hall dot com, great destination for all things i U athletics. All right, here comes Miami. It's a home game for Miami. As you look at that game, what do you think Miami does? That presents the biggest problem for Indiana either side of the ball.
Speaker 6: It has to be their defense. Can they Ruben Bain Junior is one of the best defensive linemen I have seen in college football. That defensive front scares me the most. But if you look at Indiana's offensive line, they've had a couple of hiccups in games, but they seem to patch it up. So it really boils down to the trenches as it does in most college football games at this point. But I think if the defensive line play for Miami shows up, then we're going to have a really, really, really good game.
Speaker 1: Let's flip that just a little bit. Because Malachai Tony is the big target for Beck's got nine touchdown passes. CJ. Daniels is terrific as well, He's got seven. He put in Keelan Marion who has seven, and all of a sudden, you've got a trio of receivers that Carson Beck and throw to. And then of course you have Mark Fletcher. Fletcher is he'll probably finish this year somewhere north of eleven hundred and fifty yards. He's their go to guy and me he's averaging five four or five five per game per carry, and he's the guy that go to when they want to run, and they want to run and they want to get the ball in the end zone running. So I'm just wondering, from an offensive standpoint against that Indiana defense, which has played very, very well, how do you see that scenario playing out.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be fascinating. You always see this time of your team, unless it's a rematch. You here, Oh, Miami's never seen a team like Indiana, or Indiana has never seen an offense like Miami. I think that Miami's really hot right now. They're very streaky. I mean, Carson Beck has been up and down in the in the two losses this year, he's been he's been strugglings. He's backed up right now. Malachai Tony, you talk about Carson Beck being forty something years old, Tony just turned eighteen a couple months ago, so he was impressive. I think this Indiana defense, if you give Kurt Signetti and Bryant Haynes time to prepare, they will know everything that you do and everything that you'll run. I think that Miami's offense plays really hard, really quick, like you said, but it's up to Indiana's defense. They've been able to control the line of scrimmage. They've been able to control well, everything in front of them. They don't get beat deep. That was a little bit of an issue early in the season. They gave up a seventy five years touchdown on the first play of their season, mind you, and then a big one against Illinois. But that doesn't happen anymore. They've got the guys. So I think this could be a low scoring game, at least for Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh pose inside Thehall dot Com, as he wrote in his game story, making history is all Indiana knows right now. The Hoosiers, I'm not reciting Othello to Shakespeare here, Josh, so just don't get too wrapped up in what I'm doing here. But the Hoosiers, he said, became the first team since eighteen ninety six to score fifty five points or more and win by thirty points or more in seven different games in a single season, two of which came against top ten opponents. That's just how good it is right now at Indiana and for an IU football fan. All right, Josh, I'll be looking to see what you're right from today on out. But for your time today, thank you and good luck. Enjoy the game, Okay, thanks, Jed. I will yeah, seven and a half points. That's the current spread I'm looking at here. It is Miami plus seven and a half. I think Indiana covers. I think Indiana wins this game handily. No disrespect to the you. I just think the ad is just stronger on all sides of the ball. We'll see. That's why they play the games. It's one fifty four straight ahead. Red flags. Red flags in the hiring process, jobs are tough to come by, and if they are, and if you're interviewing, avoid this when you're trying to get hired. We'll get into that at two o'clock. Then down the road. This is the this is the bluest day of the year emotionally for people. Why is that. We'll get into that as well. It's the average American in for the great American glad you're a long two on seven hundred w l W. All Right off we go on hour number three to all eight here in the tri State, bracing for what could be Isa Geddon. It's gonna be cold tonight and it looks like there might be some some snow. Lare in looking at some of the national models. No, no, not those models, just the you know, the weather stuff. Looks like it could be an adventurous weekend coming up. Nevertheless, here we are back again, the average American in for the great American. If you're looking for a job, you know, it's not an easy thing to do. Well, it's easy, I guess to look, it's not an easy thing to land a job. I mean, just look at the twenty twenty five stats. In calendar year twenty twenty five, this, according to the government, about five hundred and eighty four thousand jobs were added. You say, Ken, that sounds like a lot. No, it was one of the weakest years for job growth since the pandemic. That's about forty nine thousand jobs per month, far less than the two million jobs that were added in the final year of Joe Biden's administration. Joe Biden two million jobs added. Now, again we can quibble on the numbers and what those jobs were and why those jobs were added, because a lot of companies were back on their feet. They had let people go or they shut down certain operations during COVID, and they had a higher back up to get back on their feet. But by and large, it was not a good year for jobs in this country. And so now here you may be in twenty twenty six thinking I'd like to maybe enhance myself here. I'd like maybe to make a little bit more money, work at a place that's more tailored towards me. Four point four percent of the population is out of work. That's about seven and a half million people. The biggest demographic that's out of work are teens. About sixteen percent of the I guess employee eligible teens are out of work. So if you're out there and you're looking for a job, there are a few do's and don'ts. They're the obvious ones, and that is, you know, if you go to a job interview, dress appropriately, if you're doing it by zoom, don't have like your garage in the background own And if you are interviewing for a job. According to the CEO, of ballin branch, balling branches, I guess a Lenen company, betting and things like that. According to CEO Scott Tennan, about two hundred and seventy five employees in his company, and he says he's interviewed upwards of a thousand people and hired four to five hundred over the course of bull and Branch existence. And he says, whatever he's interviewing someone, whether it's an intern or maybe somebody for the C suite, Scott Tennant says, make sure to ask one question, what do you know about ballin branch, And if the prospective employee can't answer that, they don't get hired. It would be I would think the same way for every single company. Do a little research or you might be left at the post. Somebody who knows that is my next guest, David Cathy's been on my show many many times. He's a hiring expert, and that's because he's a part partner in a business called Unity Search Group. It's one of the top recruiting companies in the country. And there are some really big dues and don'ts that people aren't following, and that might be a reason why you may lose out on a job in twenty twenty six. Let's bring them on in. David, Kathy, how are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 5: We are doing fantastic ken, just a fantastic, great time of year.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is a great time of the year, really and truly, you know, you get to be our age, David. There's really not a bad time of the year, right who we're here?
Speaker 4: Oh, that is true.
Speaker 1: I found this article interesting. Red flags and hiring. The hiring process is an awkward process. I know, more so perhaps for the interview e than the interviewer. But there are some things if you're going on a job interview, they just seem like common sense, but yet it's people violate these unspoken truths about interviewing. Number one I think is how you dress. I mean, don't look like you're going out to run a marathon or something like that. Put some good clothes on, right.
Speaker 5: And I mean how you dress.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Well, there's two components here. Number one, you've got to try to figure out how if you can dress a notch above the interviewer. So how do you do that? Well, do your research, try to figure out what the environment's like, there. If it's a business casual dress business. The trickier part now is zoom interviews interviews on teams, because that's more relaxed, and you might be sitting at your home office or desk or kitchen table. Who knows you have a tendency to be more relaxed and you have a tendency to dress down, and that is an absolute trap and you've got to take it through. This is a this is a job interview for goodness sake, right, we've got to take this serious, right.
Speaker 1: So dress up from from But if the company is business, that does not necessarily mean you should put on formal hire, right You don't need to walk in in a tucks and a bow.
Speaker 5: Tie, no, no, absolutely not. You kind of got to know what your company is in, right, So if they're in a investment banking or maybe some private equity firms, they're probably going to be in a suit, so you would wear If the company is a manufacturing company, which is jeans and a polo, often, well you're probably in maybe a nice polo or button up shirt and some takis. You're just trying to take it up at least one notch sure from what the company.
Speaker 1: Is, and we're talking about research. Know what you're walking into. You should know a little bit certainly about the environment. You should know as much as you can about the company you're interviewing with. I think one of the mistakes a lot of people do is they walk in and they try to sell themselves, but they wind up not selling their knowledge of what the company is all about, and it becomes basically interview X. It could fit anywhere for the INTERVIEWE. You need to be a little more specific in what you're talking about when you're sitting across from the person that either as a manager or owns the place. Put a little effort into where you're going to or you hope to go to work.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: You could not be more correct. And this one boggles my mind. So do the research, and not just the superficial research.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: I mean you can go online and you can search for maybe a couple of minutes and pull out a couple of things that can be very superficial. I'm going to give you an example. We're going to take a publicly traded and a non publicly traded company. If I'm going to go into a company and they say, hey, David, you know tell us a little bit what you've learned about our organization? Am I going to answer, Well, I know that y'all are publicly traded Like that is so superficial. I'm going to drive more into details. And here's a couple of easily easy hacks for people. Go to the about us section of their website, where it talks about largely the organization, the story of the organization. Go to the product. Make sure you understand and look and know those products, specially if it's consumer products, because that may be sitting in your bathroom or in your kitchen. Sure, and you want to refer to that in the interview. You know, oh, I've realized that. You know, you may manufacture dice in vacuums. I actually have used that all the time. My mom, in fact, loves them. And then you can kind of go down and tell a personal story that relates to it.
Speaker 1: Sure zoom makes everything a little more difficult. It's there's no nuance to it. It's a two dimensional kind of an interview. But I'm reading here where it only takes about ninety seconds for an interviewer to decide whether or not to hire you, which means you'd better come out of the gate, ready to go. But you can oversell it too. I mean, there's a fine line that works there is they're not.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: There is a fine line in everything that we do, especially when you're interviewing, because that's an important component. And yeah, I think there are times, especially in Zoom, where there are some basics you need to do. You need to smile, you need to have a clear background or a good background on your Zoom can. One time we had a guy interview at a client and he decided to interview in front of his liquor cabinet, and so behind him is all of his liquor. That is not something that you should be doing. So check your surroundings, check what you're wearing. And here's a tricky, tricky one that I always advise people it's really hard to do. Is that if you're looking at the screen you want to come across as you're making eye contact on Zoom, well, that means that you're looking at that little tiny dot at the top of your monitor. That doesn't mean that you're looking at the screen, And so you need to spend as much time as you can looking at that dot because the receiver thinks you are looking at them in their eye and eye contact is such a critical component of interviewing, sure is.
Speaker 1: And you know, even if you don't have a place to do zoom that's clean or appealing to the eye, you can download backgrounds for zoom. You know, I would not necessarily, you know, put myself in a position where I'm standing in front of the Eiffel Tower or anything like that. But I mean, if you absolutely have to, you can get backgrounds for zooms now. And I've done that a great times.
Speaker 5: You know, great recommendation can great recommendation, and there's a lot of everything out Here's the other thing, real quick, if I would add this is okay, we are in twenty twenty five. Largely the world has been some component of remote since COVID twenty twenty. Whether you are currently remote or not, there was some component of working remote. So please know how teams or zoom works. You don't want to provide the feedback at this point in time to the interviewer. Sorry, I was five or ten. I couldn't get scenes or Zoom or whatever device you're on to actually work. It's one of my first times using it.
Speaker 1: This may sound like I'm trying to damn an entire generation. But when gen Zers interact, they don't always look at you. They kind of look past you. It's kind of like a blank stare. And I don't know if that's because they live most of their lives on devices and most of their interaction is done in characters as opposed to the spoken word. But practice talk to your mom, talk to your dad, put them in front of you or whatever. But at least get to a point where you have some expression and some interest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ken, I mean, I'm going to give you some quick hits, real quick, especially for I hate to say it too, maybe that generation that Hey, look, I'm gen X and we don't have everything right. We've got a lot of things right, but we certainly don't have everything right. Practicing practice in a mirror. If you don't have, if you live by yourself, practice practice with your pet. But just rehearse before you go into the interview. Pull the visor down on your car, get into the parking lot fifteen minutes early, pull the visor down on your car, and just go through what your intro is going to be. When you say hi and a smile. A couple of things I would not do. I would not have my first question be about maternity leave or PTO or benefits or what does this position pay? That is a huge no, no. One other thing that I would mention along those lines, And you know, kind of with that practice is you have to have the ability to articulate in detail what your experience is and how that applies to this role. The yes knows questions add content something that the interviewer can sink their piece into, so they walk away from that meeting going, man, some really knows their stuff, and I can see why they would be a good fit for this position instead of just one line answers, which to the point that you were making. For the generation that we've been talking about here, when they do interact often it can be very short, punchy answers. Well, you want to elaborate on why this interviewer would be crazy to not get you a second round interview or the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And whatever you do, don't bring your mom or your dad to the interview. Did you see that story? What about a year ago, forty percent of gen Zers brought a parent to a job interview. I wouldn't even bring that that interview. I wouldn't bring them into my office, I'd say go home with mommy. I can't believe people do that. What you probably saw the same thing, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean we've we've seen that. We've seen mom and dad driving them to the interview. We've had parents, you know, we're recruiting in a stack. We've had mom and dad walk into our office with their son or daughter to help them meet with us to get a job. Like these are some things that you know you're a professional, and companies want the best people. It is incredibly competitive in the job market. And also just don't this isn't about just getting a job. You need to demonstrate that you want this for your career. Jobs come and go, careers stay, and so you really need to think through and be able to answer the question not just do I want this job, but how are you presenting yourself that you want this as your career and how you are going to develop. And I want to go back to one point that you had said earlier when you were talking about the younger generation. Here I am picking on them again. We really got to stop this. You know, everything is shortened, everything is in reels or shorts, our twenty.
Speaker 11: Second clips and maintaining attention in an view is incredibly important. Maintaining attention because when you do not maintain attention, you come across as distracted. What that looks like is I'm maintaining good eye contact. Maybe I'm even taking notes on what they are saying. And by the way, if you're on a zoom interview and you're typing notes, I would suggest writing notes because if you're typing and off to the side, even though you may be taking notes to the person on the other end of the screen, it comes across as this person's getting the answers on chat, GPT or they're completely distracted.
Speaker 5: So back to maintaining interest and attention. It's the I contact, it's taking notes, it's sitting up in your chair. These are all these little visual nodding your head. There are visual and verbal cues that allow you to maintain interests that come across positively to the interviewer.
Speaker 1: Sure, and smile a little bit, and for what, for God's sake, don't play with your hair. That's the other thing I would do. I would tell them don't play with your hair. Uh, David, this is good stuff. David Kathy Again, he is with the Unity search group. You can find them at unitysearch dot com and he has been there a very long time. It's one of the top recruiting country companies in the country. All right, David, we appreciate your time here.
Speaker 5: You bet sen always good talking to you.
Speaker 1: Yep, you bet Yeah, don't play with your hair. If it's zoom, look into the camera. We'll look at the screen. Look into the camera that's right there. And then when you go in, if you're lucky enough to get in for an in person interview, you got to know something about the company going in. It's not hard. I mean, come on, figure out what the job is, what the what the the the rudiments of that job entail, and what the company does and how it's done. It's it made a lot of money. It's it had rough time times lately. But I think the thing he said initially was fascinating. Find out who's doing the interview and how they dress, and then dress accordingly. If they dress in a suit coat and tie, or if it's a female interviewer and she's in address, then you wear a suit coat and tie if you were a male candidate, or a dress if you're a woman candidate. I mean, this stuff is not tough to figure out, but apparently people just aren't accustomed to in person interviews anymore. Is that your fault. No, not necessarily, but it doesn't mean you're not going to get tagged with the responsibility to twenty five. On this Monday afternoon, Martin Luther King Junior Day, we thank you for joining us. We again as we began the show by extending our thoughts about MLK Jr. On this day, just a great man of man of vision, man of compassion, man left this earth part too early. And I hope if you have the day off, that you're utilizing it wisely when we come back. For most despite being a holiday, today is the bluest day of the year, Blue Monday. Why is that standing by someone who not only knows what you can do about it? Way do you hear what he's up to at the end of this month? If you want to talk about a challenge, we'll continue next on seven hundred WLW June thirty eight. On this Monday, welcome back the average American in for the great American and thrill that you're with us. You know, today's a tough day for some people. Apparently this is Blue Monday that is a phrase that was coined gosh, about twenty years ago by a psychologist by the name of Cliff Arnil R. Now, it's normally the third Monday of the year, and it, I guess, is a conglomeration of weather data, the debt you might have accrued because of the holidays, the time that has passed since the holidays, and then of course the New year's resolutions that you never follow anyway. So it's probably more like blue season, just not blue Monday. And for some people it's very real. Some people suffer from something called seasonal effective disorder SAD, which is a type of depression triggered by seasonal changes. So if you're feeling a little down today, you're not alone. If you're in the middle of January and you just feel down because of that, you're not alone. And my gosh, here comes snow this coming weekend, and here come wind chills tonight that are going to make it feel bitterly cold. It's not something that's atypical. But once you're in it, how to get out of it? Well, now, maybe somebody that can help. Bal Josie is somewhat of an athlete, In fact, a great athlete we'll talk about in just a second. He's also a positive mindset expert, and who doesn't want somebody like that in their lives? So let's welcome in on this blue Monday, and Val Josie, how are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 8: Very well, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So what is a positive mindset expert? Explain that and tell me why I need one of those in my life.
Speaker 8: I don't think anyone need an expert on positive mindset.
Speaker 4: It's something that you do.
Speaker 5: So a lot of people.
Speaker 8: Mistaken with the positive mindset is with something pretending to be everything is great. There's no stress, ignoring stress, or forcing yourself to smile through the pain. That is not a positive mindset. What positive mindset is, it's just you accept the reality as it is. You control what you can, and you take responsibility for your next step.
Speaker 4: It's about direction, not denial. So if you are trying.
Speaker 8: To find an aspiration, perhaps let's look down and find courage and strength to do the hard things.
Speaker 1: Sure well, there are always people who view the proverbial glass of water half full, or those that view it half empty. You said, positive mindset is it's a matter of looking at things. But I mean, some people in this world and they've had a lot of things thrown at them, from a financial, from a medical, from a personal standpoint, and so they get up in the morning and things aren't really going all their way. It's a little difficult, don't you think for some people to have that mindset you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Absolutely But if you find a little clarity in our thinking, let's just say, positive thinking does not make harder things easy. It doesn't remove the challenges that we face.
Speaker 5: What it does is it gives strength.
Speaker 8: To move through them. And when your mind says this is too much, I cannot bear this, I cannot handle this, but the positive thinking says, well, let's just take one more step.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: Just one more step, one more mile, just one more day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In other words, if you're you know, you're in bed and things are you know, the world is tilted against you, first step is get the hell out of bed, right.
Speaker 8: And that is absolutely correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, move.
Speaker 8: I think it has the magical power to change our mindset.
Speaker 4: Just get out of the house.
Speaker 8: Just move for five minutes, ten minutes, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Do you do you subscribe to this theory that seasonal effective disorder is real and that some people actually suffer from that.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, it is real. In fact, there's a reason why it is real. So, first of all, the holiday's excitements are over, you know, Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Year, that is over now. If you remember, we, most of us, we made a lot of resolutions during during the New Year, and now we are finding the reality it's much harder than we thought it's going to be, so that is fading away as well. And then also the winter's days are long, and it's dark and it's cold.
Speaker 4: People don't want to.
Speaker 8: Go outside, so by physically, emotionally, and financially, it's a challenging period for everyone being will start to show up. All the spending, that's spending that we have done in the last few weeks or towards the end of the year or beginning of the year, they starting to show up. So life gets real. And when that happens, we could feel overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: That's very normal to feel that way.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got a little bit of sunlight here in Cincinnati today. We're going to have some tomorrow too, But by and large, from the start of December until about the beginning of April, the sun is only a rumor around here. So if you have a bit of sunlight today or tomorrow, as bitterly cold as it is, get out and just maybe take a short walk, maybe I get ten or fifteen minute walk and get some of that vie.
Speaker 8: Right, Absolutely, that is absolutely so what it is. Momentum beats motivation. We don't need a motivation. We just need to be active. Well for a walk, get some sunlight, drink water, called someone, just move your body right down.
Speaker 4: One goal.
Speaker 1: That's all, yeah and everything. I think most ailments in life they're all related. I think to how you get to sleep, and if you don't sleep well, it triggers a lot of other things. It triggers stressors inside the body that could affect things like your gut, could affect your heart, could affect some other maladies you could contract. So I think number one we all talk about it. I'm not sure how there's any panacea here for it, but get a good night's sleep. If you can get a good night's sleep, that probably helps all of these other things fall into place.
Speaker 4: Right, you could not have said it better.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Okay, how are you sleeping?
Speaker 4: That's a challenge for me as a runner.
Speaker 8: I recover during my sleep, so there is always an effort to sleep well. And the way that I have practice better sleep is to set schedule, go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time. Whether I want to or I don't want to, that's a different story. But having discipline. Discipline is the key, not the motivation.
Speaker 1: Bal Josie says he's a runner. That's like Shakespeare saying, yeah, I wrote a couple of books. Bal Josie is about to take on something that to me, I couldn't even think. I get tired looking at this. But starting on the end of this month, thirty first of this month of January, You're going to be running seven marathons on seventh continents in seven days? Am I right about that? Seven marathons, seventh continents and seven days? Is that right?
Speaker 4: That is correct?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 8: Uh? Normally, if if if this interview was a face to face, I would.
Speaker 4: Have asked why not it's normally? It's uh.
Speaker 8: I'm doing it to do for the two things. Number One, trying to find We all have our perceived limitations and boundaries, and I'm trying to find my own. What is my perceived limitation? What is that boundary how far can I possibly stretch? That is that's kind of a number of the quest of finding myself.
Speaker 4: That's number one. Number two.
Speaker 5: Every continants have it's.
Speaker 4: Their own challenges.
Speaker 2: And I am someone that.
Speaker 8: Who always likes to pick up a charity or a cause for any run that I do. And so it's this is my way of uh raising awareness and raise funds for seven different causes that are important to these seven different continents, from Antarctica global warming to North America with the child's obesity.
Speaker 4: So these are the causes that.
Speaker 8: That are that are that are very close to me, and I'm passionate about these causes and and and see if we could raise some funds as well as raise awareness.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's wonderful, to be honest with you, I I can't imagine someone who is has this advocation of using it in a better way. But let's talk about logistics. Okay, you're going to run a marathon, and then I would think you're going to have to get on a plane and fly to another continent, get off that plane, adjust to that time period, and then run another marathon the next day. That that that can't be easy, right, I mean you've thought this out as to how the logistics of this work. So how do they work?
Speaker 8: So Luckily it's a it's a very formal organized race. So there's a group of people I think up to fifty people that would be doing it together.
Speaker 4: So we will all be together.
Speaker 8: So as you said, we will finish the race in one continent and then get on the plane, go through the same UH airport and transit and immigration and custom and all of that, and then once you exit the airport there will be a race site. Well, we will be running there and we'll do that for seven times until we reach Miami and finish the race in Miami on the sixth of February.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: The logistics are arranged at least, that's a that's a good thing about this. All we have to do is just finish the race strong and and avoid injuries and ready for next next contents and next race. Now, the one challenge with this is you there there are no allocated time for sleep other than what you do on the plane. I am personally on the side I don't I don't sleep well on the plane when things are moving, I do not sleep well. So that is going to be a challenge for me. But the rest of the other logistics are arranged. At least that's something that we don't have to worry about.
Speaker 1: Okay, But the body needs time to regenerate. So you know, some people, we have one of the finest marit thons in the world here in Cincinnati. It's the Flying Pig Marathon. It's every it's every May, and obviously it's for a lot of marathon ers it's the race they choose to run before the Boston Marathon. But I'm just I'm just wondering every marathon or I've talked to, when they're done, the body has to recover, whether it's an ice bath or rub down or whatever it may be, to do seven seven marathons on seven continents. Are these seven days in a row you're doing this or is there time in between each marathon?
Speaker 8: No, it's a seven consecutive days, seven days in the room.
Speaker 1: Well, how are you going? How this? This is I think the most fascinating part. How do you recover then so that you're you're ready to go on the next day because you're going to spend a lot of time in an airplane and going through customs, and you're going to have to catch some some some sleep somehow, some way. How do you how are you preparing to prepare your body for recovery after the first that would lead you to the second that would lead you on through in each of these consecutive days.
Speaker 8: So the World Marathon Challenge is the other call set in seven seven. It's not really a physical challenge. It's beyond physical challenge. It's more of a mental one. You know, jet lag, no sleep, cold, heat, different countries, different time zones. A body always want to quit before a purpose does. So I don't train my legs as much as I train my identity. Let us repeat that. We don't train legs, We don't train body. We train identity. And what that means is I train to become the kind of person who finishes.
Speaker 4: What he starts.
Speaker 8: On day four or five, there won't be any motivation available. Your body is fatigued and your body don't want to get up. But if you are training for identity and you want to make sure that that you want to become that person who finishes what he starts, that is a discipline, and discipline will wake you up and makes you make you do The day sixth and the day seventh.
Speaker 1: Well, that goes back to what we talked about a few minutes ago, the positive mindset and just it's the power of the mind over the body. If the mind isn't willing, the body won't follow along. So that that kind of folds into what all of this is about. Blue season, Blue Monday, how you look at things and it sounds like this is all in that same boat, right.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, So yeah, Blue Monday maybe a myth, but winter struggles are real.
Speaker 3: It is real.
Speaker 8: Positive mindset does not change the weather, It does not change the outlook. It does not change how tired your body is. But what it does is it changes how you walk through the strom, and every strom passes.
Speaker 1: So talk a little bit about You mentioned Miami, so that obviously is the marathon in North America. Then was it Antarctica or Arctic for the other where where where? Let's which one of the ones are you? Are you going to be in both or one or the other?
Speaker 8: So first day, which is thirty first of this month, is in Antarctica, Antarctica. Second day, yeah, second day is in Cape Town for for Africa. Third day is in Perth, Australia. For Australia, contment. Fourth day is a Dubai for Asia continent, fifth day is in Madrid, Spain for Europe, and sixth day is Brazil for South America. And Miami is the last day seventh day for North America continent.
Speaker 1: And you know, some of these are basic questions because I'm fascinated by you know, what what's happened? Are you are you flying commercial? Or do you guys have a private plane?
Speaker 5: We do have a private plane.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was going to say that might be a bit much if you know you're trying to, you know, find out do your board and group one or group two? Okay, So you've got to You've got you've got a private plane, and you're raising awareness for each and every continent that you're in. So you're taking donations. How I mean when people see bal Joshi running, for example, in Miami for child obesity, which is your cause here in North America and all of these other places that you have that you're running in, how do do people contribute? Do you stop and grab some cash along the way from people that are watching you? How do people how do you support these charities?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I'm associated with a nonprofit ofable on C three here in the US call a one step foundation, so that all the funds are being raised.
Speaker 4: Using that platform.
Speaker 8: Primarily we I tend to raise money through sponsorship rather of individual contribution. Of course, any contribution is welcome and will be received very well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: Uh, but the focus is on more of a corporate sponsorship, corporate giving, and then one Step Foundation does the management.
Speaker 1: So so one Step Foundation is where people can go to if they want to contribute, is what you're saying, One step Foundation.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, okay.
Speaker 1: And a real quick question here, can anybody follow this? Is there a way to follow it online or anything?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: People can follow me on on Instagram and Facebook is.
Speaker 4: Running Monk.
Speaker 8: That's the handle once again bal Joshi the Running Monk, and we will be posting our journey h on the through the social media.
Speaker 1: Bal Joshi is spelled b A L j O s H. I are you a monk? You live in a sanctuary or a convent? Where do you live?
Speaker 8: And now I'm a banker, be trade hearing, So.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna be out there in a row. I didn't. I didn't know chanting.
Speaker 8: I wish I could well, So the reason they called me running Monk. The reason why the name is given as the running Monk is that I am I'm a runner of who runs to raise money for other people.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic. Thank you for your time today, good Luck. I wish you a lot of peace along the way and a lot of time to rehabilitate from marathon to marathon. Good Luck, bal thanks for your time here today.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, thank you very much, and I appreciate you having me on yourself.
Speaker 1: You bet seven marathons on seven continents in seven days. I'd be ready for seven and seven after that. Two fifty five News Radio seven hundred at WLW