Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the.
Speaker 1: Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: One day I will find the right words and they will be simple.
Speaker 3: Craging everybody. Welcome back.
Speaker 4: It's Petros and Money Live with Don McClain on this beautiful crunchy Groove on Thursday the Sun poking through after the Rain on a seventy LA Arts. You know the other day I went on with I do the five am Morning Thing on Wednesdays on Fox Sports Radio. Travis Clay Travis for about seven years. Clay Travis has been in Rush Limbaugh's spot five years. Limbaugh died about five years, so Clay Travis it's been five years, so it's the same time slot and that is what I started doing, was Klay Travis's show. But I've been grandfathered in as the Wednesday guest at the same time with LeVar Arrington, Jonas Knox, our friend, and Brady Quinn every Wednesday. And what they asked me about this week it's a national show, was La Rain and or as we call it here Lo Rain. And it is kind of interesting the way the news freaks out about the rain in La and different things like that. I don't remember local news going this nuts about it. I was younger, but I do remember. I don't know when it happened, but I don't remember the rain being a thing when we like, no one said I can't come in it's raining. No one said, yeah, oh that's gonna be bad because it's raining. I mean it was everybody knew. You just had to go about doing whatever it is you were supposed to do, unless you were like a baseball player or it was something outdoors that could be rained out. Like they wouldn't rain out our football workouts unless we we're gonna screw up the field and we had a spring game or something coming up. Then they'd bring us in the gym so we could barf on the floor in the gym, but no one And I remember when it happened. You remember Intern Nate, the guy that asked you what kind of dip you throw? And you said, poke kope and then just let him hang and he just stood there in the corner for forty seconds because you only gave him a one word answer.
Speaker 2: Is he still in the corner like Lonzo Ball?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's actually married, I believe to an Asian woman. But Intern Nate, that was the first I've ever heard of it. And that must have been I don't know, twenty twelve, maybe maybe longer than five years into the show. He didn't show up for work one day. He wasn't coming because we used to get interns and we used to work them and they used to do stuff and it was helpful, and he was like, can't come in today.
Speaker 3: We're like why.
Speaker 4: He's like the rain and we were like, well, did your car get flooded out? Did your is the area you live in? Is there a flash flood?
Speaker 3: Did? What do you mean? The rain?
Speaker 4: But that's that became the norm, and it is just kind of an interesting thing because it used to be. If I had to drive to work and it was raining, it was like, damn everybody, you know, it's going to be problems and all this. But now there's no one on the roads. Everybody stays home like a bitch. Your thoughts done well.
Speaker 2: I think COVID has even made it more easier to say I'm not coming in. I think technology too, you can work from home a lot easier than used to be able to. But yeah, I don't I don't understand it either, and I don't know exactly when it started. But I agree with you that rain is more of a thing than it ever used to be.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a thing in other places because it's a thing all the time and they just have to live with it. And out here in La we used to pretend like we were Midwesterners or something and just act like we could live with it. But now we've become so soft that we can't even act like we live with it.
Speaker 3: We have to act like a bitch top to bottom. And I guess it makes sense. We are pretty I.
Speaker 2: Thought about not coming in today because it was rainy.
Speaker 4: Well you know what, Actually I did want to say this, Kates did say no way, don't. I want to say Tim Kaid did Kates did say these shows?
Speaker 3: I'll cim baseball.
Speaker 5: Because everybody remember this, Petros?
Speaker 3: You you really said that, Tim, You really think God would knock you say? Do you think?
Speaker 5: It was raining pretty hard dawn at the time, so what it was coming down and Petros was driving up from the hill and I was like, Man, I wonder if Don's going to a text ands say you can't come in because of the rain.
Speaker 2: You know what, Tim, I would give you permission, mister gun owner. If I ever called anybody and said, hey, I can't come in because it's raining, you can just go ahead.
Speaker 3: And shoot me.
Speaker 2: Literally if that, if those words ever come out of my mouth, it's over.
Speaker 3: I'm done. You might as well just finish me off. It is a different world, you know.
Speaker 4: I Mean, everybody's pretty shocked that we used to do the things that we did without the accouterment that we have today, like dry minding, touching yourself, you know, just using your dry mind, right, or maybe a magazine. I mean, I remember when DVD porn was like, oh my god, VHS VHS, but then you pause it too many times, the rewinder, the tracking gets all messed up. You know, all right, don I have a good story for you, Australian News. I don't have to dry mind this. We have audio Australian News. I love Australia. Actually I had a story about Australia on Monday. A guy was in an endurance.
Speaker 6: J It's Kip and this is Petros and money's Australian News.
Speaker 4: There's an endurance race and the car after like thirty it's like a twelve hour race and it's like two minutes in a guy hits a kangaroo. Kangaroo explodes everywhere, gore everything, wrecks the car done. That was our Australian story on Monday. This Australian story actually comes from Milan, Cortino, which is where they're doing the Winter Olympics, which you're so locked in on. And this is Australia Channel nine. Danika Mason a report that was drunk.
Speaker 6: Well, she wondernk the like the price of coffee over here is actually fine. It's more the price of coffee in the US that we are going to have to get used to. I'm not sure that the Iguanas, where are we going with that one? But anyway, the fact that we've got so many athletes who are willing to compete as well after her as well. She is just one of those athletes that you keep in their mind and you just look at them and go, what an inspiration?
Speaker 2: No, I agree, she has a lot.
Speaker 3: I agree with you completely.
Speaker 2: Dan, company that ain't want drink that right there is and I say, Brook, it's time for bed.
Speaker 4: That's when you grabbed like the upper arm party a wife like, all right, time for bed. All right, we'll eaven h now look full disclosure. I had lunch with Mark Usker from outside the studio today at the Smokehouse down the street.
Speaker 2: Nice the rules actually invite right down.
Speaker 3: He invited me to lunch.
Speaker 4: He invited me to lunch, Chad, I had some I'll take you guys to lunch if you guys want to go next week.
Speaker 3: I want to go today. Well, if you want to go next week, I'll take it. I won't be hungry next week. All right, Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I had lunch today with Mark Cusker from outside the studio and he ordered a course light in a bottle, as he's happt to do, so I ordered a bloody Mary Now we're not in altitude, but I had a drink today and.
Speaker 2: We have live action of you.
Speaker 6: Literally like the prize of coffee over here is actually fun and.
Speaker 3: That's how I talk. Let's listen to her. That's such a lie.
Speaker 6: It's more than copy in the US that we are going to have to get used to.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that where are you going with that one?
Speaker 6: But anyway, the fact that we've got so many athletes who are willing to compete as well after her as well, she is just one of those athletes that you keep in their mind and you just look at them and go, what an inspiration?
Speaker 2: Just remember this, don just remember this. She apologized, but she'll be without a job. What are you talking about? It's okay to get her, but should we hear her apology? Would you like to hear it?
Speaker 6: So just to apologize. Look, I totally misjudged a situation. I shouldn't have had a drink, and especially in these games.
Speaker 2: The drink it's cold, We've got a lot it's cold.
Speaker 6: Probably didn't help us altitude, but I want to take full responsibility. It's not the standard that I set for myself.
Speaker 2: Listen to that, and then listen to the the report that you did.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, she has a lot.
Speaker 6: Literally be like the price of coffee over here is actually.
Speaker 3: Five seven drinks. No, it is not.
Speaker 4: No, it's one drink with altitude and no dinner. You hurt, and it's cold, get out of here. It's four factors.
Speaker 2: What if she weighed forty pounds.
Speaker 4: She said cold altitude, no dinner, one drink, and then she says no excuses.
Speaker 6: To take a moment, if that's okay, just to apologize. Look, I totally misjudged a situation. I shouldn't have had a drink, and especially in these conditions it's cold, you've got our streed and not having had dinner probably didn't help very well.
Speaker 2: That's a salad. It's not that cold in five Savignon blounts Savignon Blount. He's in Italy.
Speaker 3: Okay, keyanti whatever, But I like that.
Speaker 4: After she said all of that, she said no excuses. She says, cold altitude, one drink, no dinner, no excuses.
Speaker 6: But I want to take four responsibility responsibilities. It's not the standard that I set for myself.
Speaker 2: When she gets back from a launch, she will be looking for work.
Speaker 4: That no way, dude, I think She's going to be even more popular than ever. Come on, there's no journalistic standards anymore. Look at the people we put on TV.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 2: She'll have a podcast that'll be your next move. No more live TV for her drinking with Dan.
Speaker 3: Here's my number, number of the day. Number the DP is ten.
Speaker 2: Hall of Famer Michael Irvin posted a video with his thoughts on the recent Super Bowl in San Francisco Santa Clara. Game itself was in Santa Clara. Uh, all the festivities were in San Francisco. You know, cal McLean lives up there now, so he saw all those people and all those things going down up there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Did he go to any Super Bowl parties or anything? I think he did, not like the famous people ones, but I think.
Speaker 4: He went to the denim and diamonds. Rob Gronkowski, gaylah.
Speaker 2: Michael Irvin and his rant used the word phrase or the word or phrase blah at least ten times in his description. Class it sucks. Well everything was in San Francisco though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but all right, honestly, this is a horrible super Bowl.
Speaker 7: They don't they should never, ever, ever, ever bring the Super Bowl back to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I agree, I'm sorry, full agreements.
Speaker 8: City.
Speaker 9: This is and all the years of going to a super Bowl, this was the worst.
Speaker 3: This this this seems so like.
Speaker 4: Blah.
Speaker 9: It was blah in the city, you know what I mean. It was just it just wasn't jumping like you see his super Bowl was jumping.
Speaker 3: It was blood the people blah blah.
Speaker 9: The buildings out here looks blah. You know, when you go and you're going to events, it's like blah.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking, it's so much money out here because the techis out.
Speaker 9: Here, right, but it all looks so bla blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 8: And I didn't want to dampen anybody thought to hope about a super Bowl during the Super Bowl, so I said, I'm gonna wait. But I couldn't wait until this moment came to tell you, damn, it's this. I believe I warned of this.
Speaker 4: I warned of this. What I said it was gonna suck. You know, you can't control if the game sucks, and if the game is great, it overshadows all the other stuff that is blah. As Michael Irvan just said, but he's absolutely right. That is a terrible stadium. That is a great example. That is the number one example, and Sofi is number two. That just because something's new does not mean it's cool. And the Santa Clair vibe is blah. And if you're looking for excitement in the Silicon Valley, you better get in the car and drive because you ain't gonna find it there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Ronnie, this is the song of the day.
Speaker 10: Today's song of the Day is brought to you by Gladys Knight and the Pips with a tune called Friendship Train from the year nineteen sixty nine, A crunchy groove with plenty of soul for your Thursday afternoon. On the Petros and Money Show, were Best Friend. Don McLean has hopped on the Friendship Train for three and a half hours of great sports talk Filly in for Matt Smith, who's on tour What.
Speaker 3: Tour?
Speaker 11: Flying Squirrel Indeed, and the NBA is back as the Clippers begin the second half of their season with the Denver Nuggets and into a dome where Adam Oslin will be with that.
Speaker 10: Clippers countdown show coming up at six point.
Speaker 9: Thirty day, Hey.
Speaker 4: You, Ronny, six thirty tonight Clippers versus Nuggets we'll get some of Dog's thoughts on the NBA as they enter their second half half.
Speaker 2: I am that I don't have to drive you into a dome anymore.
Speaker 4: It seemed like it wasn't a fun place for you to reach from Westlake, but into it is a new arena and it.
Speaker 3: Is well made. You have to admit that to this too bad. They can't really, you know, match it with the products on the court.
Speaker 4: And hey, we'll discuss it next.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis that money's this is petrosend money on demand.
Speaker 4: Hey Federson money on m FI seventy LA Sports. Happy to be with you today and every day for the world of great sports talk. Don McClain is here great sports Talk, a real.
Speaker 3: BFF for the show.
Speaker 4: You can see him on FS one on Saturday calling the USC organ gave. He did that USC Illinois game last night at Galen USC was serviced at a funeral pyre by the Balkan Five, The Kings of Champagne.
Speaker 3: You've been to Champagne, Orbana? No? OK, real nice.
Speaker 4: It's a great college town, it really is, especially for football. All right, Don, we got to do it. I know you don't want to talk about it. But we got to do it. The Clippers are back tonight. We have Clipper programming, and Kawhi went off in the All Star Game. He did and they have position to be. Like you said, somewhere in the middle, what do you think the rest of the season is going to look like for the La Clippers?
Speaker 2: Don Well, incorporating new players in getting used to playing without Harden is the biggest thing. And then zoo Brook Lopez is going to have to play more minutes. Mathn's a good player. Not sure if he'll eventually start or continue to come off the bench, But you know, what's the expectation now you made those trades, Basically.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get out of the plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're they're solidly in the playing like I think they're five and a half games up on whoever's in eleventh place right now, So it looks like unless it completely falls apart, they're gonna be at minimum in the play it. So it'll be interesting to see moving forward what the Clippers do. I don't think this year means that much. It's I don't believe that they can get hot at the end and make a run in the playoffs, especially since they got rid of those two guys. So really it's about looking ahead to the offseason and what moves they make in constructing this roster for what it's going to look like next year.
Speaker 4: So the Lakers situation is different, although they are also kind of in the middle, but more of the middle top as opposed to the middle bottom like the Clippers. But I made this analogy with James Worthy the other day, and James works for the team, but he did answer it like he understood what I was saying. And Dawn, you often refer to now that you are an empty esther of sorts. Your boys they don't live on the McClain compound in Wesley. It's you and the dogs and Brooke mclan's it. And sometimes she's talking like that Canadian reporter. And you got to say, but you often talk about that. And the situation with Lebron now where every time he calls a press conference, there's and why is he calling a press conference just to tell everybody that he wants to live his life? That's a pretty baseline thing for all of us. Lebron, thanks for getting us all out here to tell us that, right, But every time he calls a press conference, like he did one for Hennessy earlier in the year and everybody thought, oh, my god, he's gonna announce this. O my god, he's gona announce that. You have all the insider types saying it's over with the Lakers. They're ready to move on. He's ready to move on. Isn't it kind of like the last few months of your kids still being in your house and your wife's thinking about what to do with that room and to make it like a like a workout room or an office or something like that. It feels like the Lakers want to plan for the future, but they can't because they have this albatross around their neck and they have to navigate.
Speaker 3: It very gently on the way out.
Speaker 4: I know he's do Braun, he could do whatever he wants, but it doesn't makes it pretty awkward for everybody.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess from a media standpoint, I would say this though, if they could ever figure it out defensively and somehow figure out a way to be consistent defensively, I'm not saying they can win the whole thing, but if they get everybody back healthy, I think they're a competitive playoff team. They're solidly in the playoffs, not to play in the playoffs, and so I think everyone's kind of waiting if they can get fully healthy, what it's going to look like coming down the home stretch. But I agree, I understand what you're saying, and there may have already been internal discussions that hey, this is gonna be my last year with the Lakers, but they're not going to announce that when you have a team that can compete in the playoffs. JJ Reddick's a competitive dude, like they want to make a run this year. I think they'll there will be more more clarity on the Lebron situation after the season, But I don't think in that locker room they're they're they're having conversations about Lebron and when he's leaving or is he coming back, or is this his last year. I don't I don't think that's going on. I think that's the media and how much attention Lebron gets in general. But they have a good enough team to where it's not like the season's over. You know where they're not going anywhere. Everyone knows it. Lebron's still here. What about next year? I mean, I think, and I'm not in that locker room. But I would say I would say they're pretty pretty much still in the present only because they have a good enough team to compete in the playoffs, So they're not quite living in pera. I think so, at least from my perspective and what I see. If they could, it's a big could, you know, be consistent on the defensive end. They have enough offense to contend. It's just whether or not they can get stops in a seven game series. How many years did you work Clipper games? Was it eighteen something like that? Yeah, eighteen years or something. And I remember, I mean when the owner of the Clippers when you started working for the Clippers was of course Sterling, Donald Sterling. And then it went to Steve Balmer, who is and I know that this controversy thing is coming to a head apparently whatever. But Steve Balmer is kind of the Kawhi deal. Probably you wouldn't make it now, the Paul George, you wouldn't make it now, all those different things that have happened. But Steve Balmer, as far as.
Speaker 4: What he spends, the way he takes care of people, what he builds, I don't love the team president that he hired Gillian Zucker. I think she's terrible, but so on and so forth. Steve Balmer, other than that, is considered to be a really great owner. Yes, and when he took over the Clippers, it was like, wow, yeah, why do you see a Clipper's gonna take over? You know, it was like a whole thing. Anyways, you know, they built that the arena, and that's great and all that. The Lakers have a new owner and he's going in and systematically all these names that have been associated with the Lakers for all these years, Joey, Jesse, Tim Harris, you know, Polenka's next. They're gonna let Genie out of you know, they're gonna let Jeanie gracefully back off if she wants to.
Speaker 3: She's not gonna have any say in anything.
Speaker 4: It's over the Bus family with the Lakers, the legacy of the people they had around there, from Gary Vedy to the rambuses. I mean, it's all over. And if it's not over now, it's coming to an end for any of these people. How much is it gonna change? How much different are the Lakers gonna be? I mean, we saw what this guy did with the Dodgers, but the NBA is a different animal.
Speaker 3: They have a salary cap.
Speaker 4: How do you think it's gonna change Because with the Clippers, I don't think the ownership change really changed much of the perception of what the franchises.
Speaker 2: Is now because they didn't win. Like they went all in with the PG and the Kawhi. They thought that was going to be it, that was going to be the thing that gets them over the hump and gets them into the finals multiple times. It never materialized. So you can't change your narrative if you don't win. I think the Lakers brand is so strong and has been for so long that that won't change. The interesting part to me is, you know, you can go into the tax you can go into the aprons and spend money and it doubles and triples what you owe. And based on what Mark Walter has done with the Dodgers, I could see him doing it with the Lakers, you know, going spending way more than everybody else to build a team and get players here to win around Luca. So that part will be interesting, like how how they operate now, because you get the sense that for years the Lakers didn't do that because they were a family owned business. They didn't have as much money as some of these other owners in the NBA. Well now they do, and so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 4: One thing that really stands out to me about Mark Walter and you, you know, were a young person in the early nineties like I was.
Speaker 3: Don He wears.
Speaker 4: His hat high on his head and he gets his hair up under the bill like a flume, like a you know, kind of like fanned out like ninety style. Yeah, so he wants you to see his hair coming out in the front.
Speaker 3: And he's got that hat riding real high.
Speaker 4: Almost Dominican style, like Mondasy because Mondessey wants his hat to fly off when he's running for a fly ball, to look like he's giving effort.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Did you ever rock that style in the nineties with the hair under the hat and the hat riding real high.
Speaker 3: I know Kate's did, and his doobie smoking earring wearing his junior year. Kates was a real delinquent.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not sure I've never and I'm sure you've noticed this because I've known you for fifty years now. I don't wear a lot of hats no ever, but.
Speaker 4: You know, early nineties, I got like a UCLA hat. I still didn't even back there. I've never I don't know what.
Speaker 3: The move was.
Speaker 4: They would put the hair and then they'd spray paint the hair up against the bill up.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: For sure, I didn't do it, Okay, all right, because I can't remember if I wore if I tucked my hair back and then put the hat on or just put it on top.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 2: I think I tucked my hair back. I don't think I ever let the hair come down.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: But again, didn't wear a lot of hat copy.
Speaker 4: That's just to me, that stands out the most about Mark, you know, other than being the best owner in modern sports.
Speaker 3: Right that hat style. The World Series and the extremely extremely.
Speaker 4: You know, mister Walter very long speech at the twenty twenty World Series.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on winning back to back World Series. But really the way you wear your hat, yeah, is what's most.
Speaker 3: Way you sip your tea.
Speaker 4: But you know what, it's pretty interesting like when he gave that speech in twenty twenty in Dallas, you know, they won the World Series, like it was like a stack of papers like this, and he was like it was like, dude, when is he like, how many pages is this guy gonna do?
Speaker 3: And look at that hair.
Speaker 4: Don McClain will continue to be here, and we will continue to be here till the Clippers start. At six thirty. You're listening to Petrols Some Money on a Crunching Group Thursday.
Speaker 3: This is petros Money on Demand.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, everybody, petro send Money on a Crunchy Groove Thursday. We're happy to have Don McLain and his basketball expertise and his dry humor are very very welcome here on the Petrosen Money Show. Hello to Don McClain at Snake Killer on X. He has no affiliation with that Tim How.
Speaker 2: Many followers we got on there these days at Snake Killer?
Speaker 5: You know what, it hasn't grown much, Don, because the PAC twelve network used to put it on the screen, Yeah, when you were doing games and the Big ten network, which I don't get.
Speaker 4: Well, the PAC twelve network's coming back, so maybe they could put it back up. Three thousand, two fill three thy two hundred followers for at wear It's snake three thousand, two hundred. The last post was June twenty seventh, twenty twenty three, and it's a Trent McLain retweet and Trent McClain is saying that he received an offer from UC San Diego which he did not end up.
Speaker 3: Eddie ended up at Saint Mary's.
Speaker 4: The tweet before that, Dawn sent selfie that Kate's posted out and this was twenty twenty during the pandemic, and it says co hosting Patrick's Money today with the old p and afy seventy LA sports from Home hashtag real nice.
Speaker 5: How about you take a picture during the next commercial break and post it up. Yeah, we'll see why followers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do.
Speaker 4: If you got the balls, and you know what, I got the balls right now to give away our soccer tickets. Caller number five is getting tickets to the FC Bartholona and Real Madrid Bartha Legends taking on the Real Madrid Legends on Sunday afternoon. Old head basketball, I mean soccer. But it would be like if you were at the men's gym with Tracy and Tias Dne. Nobody really I'd like to see me. I'd like to see you hit some mid range and tias Eddy's face.
Speaker 3: That would require me.
Speaker 4: To just hang out on the one side like Lebron does he doesn't go down there anyway, Caller number five. The game is on KFI because we got Dodgers kick is it too? Tickets started thirty five dollars to go see Figo or Renaldiniole.
Speaker 3: Wait, where's that game at?
Speaker 4: At the Bemo Beimo Stadium right by the former place where the sports arena used to be, the LAFC place, right next to the Colis there maybe some traffic issues getting to Galen? I know you don't get any deeper or is that Sunday Sunday? Don't worry, You're fine. Thank you don't go like Galen is literally like two blocks up and I doubt that you ever get that far south to where the coliseum actually is. That's why you don't know what PIMO is. It's on KFI at two pm. Tickets start at thirty five bucks. It's a we Are House of Heroes dot com. If you want to take the family over there on Sunday dawn. You know you have a hankering for downtown if you're walking around Westlake on Sunday, like god, you know what's missing?
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, I wasn't you know.
Speaker 4: I spent a couple of days in South Central this week, and I want to get back.
Speaker 3: We are House of Heroes dot com.
Speaker 4: Keep listening. Uh well, actually that's it right, No more tickets? What about Rogan and Rodney? What about to screw them all? All right, it's time for some textiles, Oh secret.
Speaker 7: Text line, brought to you by your sokel Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy.
Speaker 4: A couple corrections and retractions on me saying things that I've said wrong.
Speaker 3: They're not your problem. Done, corrections and retractions.
Speaker 4: I'll never get over here. You say that Red Robin is the best restaurant in Columbia, Missouri. I certainly have no interest in dying on the hill of the culinary merits of that town. But damn, what a kick in the puzzo. If you're ever back there, head to Murray's for a jazz lunch and two or three beers. Okay, sorry, sir, I shouldn't have said that. It wasn't nice. I was just there and that was the only restaurant I saw open.
Speaker 3: Late, Red Robin. It's a fast a favorite, is it really? Yeah? Another corrections and retractions. This one.
Speaker 4: Kate's is gonna love because he started talking about flying into Lancing. I was like, you can't fly into Lancing. Correction shot save mc cronin. You know, Hey, Pee, I'm not uh. I want to give you kudos for the worst airport knowledge ever. Lancing is the closest airport you can fly into the East Lansing.
Speaker 3: Are you raising your voice at me?
Speaker 4: Might as well be taking your shot Thursday radio with you two idiots focused more on the tour.
Speaker 3: What tour is he talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this says, Hey, I'm not the Oh I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Kates.
Speaker 4: My bad, Grand Rapids, Detroit, and Lansing. Those are all places that have airports. I'm sorry, Kate's that's I said. Don't raise your voice at me. I apologized. Hey Pee, I'm not the producer of great sports talk. But there is a dead beached whale. Oh yeah, great sports talk.
Speaker 3: There's a dead.
Speaker 4: Whale in Newport. Don really yeah, dead beats. It would be great to hear the old news report from when in the Great Northwest they blew up the beach whale in Oregon, especially to hear.
Speaker 3: Dawn spe pometry.
Speaker 12: The Oregon State Highway Division not only had a whale of a problem on its hands, he got a stinky whale of a problem.
Speaker 3: What to do with one forty five foot Tell me you've never heard this, I haven't dull.
Speaker 13: Eight ton whale dead on arrival on the beach near Florence.
Speaker 12: It had been so long since a whale had washed up in Lane County nobody could remember how to get rid of one. In selecting its battle plan, the Highway Division decided the carcass couldn't be buried because it might soon be uncovered. It couldn't be cut up and then buried because nobody wanted to cut it up, and.
Speaker 3: It couldn't be burned.
Speaker 12: So dynamite it was, some twenty cases or a half tun of it. The hope was that the long dead Pacific gray whale would be almost disintegrated by the blast, and that any small piece is still around after the explosion would be taken care of by seagulls and other scavengers. Indeed, the seagulls had been standing nearby all day.
Speaker 3: Was being made ready.
Speaker 12: We asked George Thornton, the highway engineer in charge of the project, for his final observation.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm confident that it'll work. The only thing is we're not sure. Just exactly how much explosives it'll take to disintegrate this thing. So the scavenger, seagulls and crabs and what knock can clean it up.
Speaker 12: Move back a quarter of a mile away. The sand dunes there were covered with spectators and land lubber newsmen shortly to become land blubber newsman with a blast blasted blubber beyond.
Speaker 3: All believable bound.
Speaker 12: Our cameras stopped rolling immediately after the blast. The humor of the entire situation suddenly gave way to our run for survival, as huge chunks of whale blubber till everywhere.
Speaker 4: You know, we never thought of that. Nineteen seventy Lane County, Oregon. You can bring that up with sweet cheeks. Over Pino, they blew up a car like the biggest piecelet fell on a car and it exploded. Thank god it was in it. They'd be dead. We'll be back with more petros and money. I'm so glad Dawn had never heard that, and he spent a whole year in the Northwest. They do an exploding whale night for the Portland pails. You know, Florence isn't that far from Eugene. Yeah, they go explore the areas. They have a sign Exploding Whale Park and the Portland Pickles do an Exploding Whale Night every Soilier for the minor league teams.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, we'll be back with more. The more you know,