Speaker 1: The Dave Ryan Show on kd W b Aney traffic today.
Speaker 2: Not see anyone out on them. It's dark out there. I can't see anything at all.
Speaker 1: Headlights, headlights. Yeah, we are here. It is January second, and I hope you had a good holiday Grid, Christmas and Kwanza and all of the things and the honkahs and the happy New Year. We went to a wedding on New Year's Eve. Yeah, and it was the coolest thing to go to a wedding on New Year's Eve because it gave us something to do rather than sit home.
Speaker 3: What does that look for, Jenny, I didn't, Bailey looked at me because we're doing a bit coming up, and you just revealed your answer for the bit.
Speaker 1: No, I did not. Oh, that's not what I was doing at midnight. I know what I'm doing, Okay. I was just about I've lost it sometimes you really think I've lost it sometimes, Well, it's.
Speaker 4: Because it's coming up and you just said this.
Speaker 2: Is what I did.
Speaker 1: I was going to say it was the it's not what I was doing at midnight though.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well then I have to change my thing.
Speaker 1: Totally different than what were you doing? Stroke of midnight? And I didn't think that a wedding on New Year's e would be a great idea, but it was great because it gave us something to do rather than sit around in our pjs.
Speaker 2: Was it like it was a cute wedding?
Speaker 1: It was. It was a very elegant, very nice wedding. That was gonna ask what the venue was. So it was elegant. It was up North and ham Lake somewhere like a wedding venue. But it was very elegant, like black tie, kind of not tuxedos. Some people had tuxedos on. I just had on a nice tie. To ask us a guest, do you wear a toe?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: Do you wear a jacket? Because if I go to a wedding and I'm just a guest, I just wear just a shirt and.
Speaker 1: Tie, you would have felt very underdressed. Really, everybody had on a jacket and tie.
Speaker 2: What did you wear?
Speaker 1: It was? Honestly, it was a crushed velvet red dark dark red suit.
Speaker 2: Do you have a picture that sounds c don't I might.
Speaker 1: I'll show you. All right, let's play a little game of face off on k double ub. Let's get started, Jenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's have Dave you can play again, and it's your choice of BoNT Er Bailey.
Speaker 2: Who do you want to play against? Sounds good?
Speaker 3: Well, then I will run this timer over here and V I would like you to take your headphones off to you.
Speaker 2: I'll keep score. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, my timer is missing right now because someone moved it seconds.
Speaker 2: No, I will grab a different one. Are you feeling smart today, Dave? Are you feeling preps and ready?
Speaker 1: No? I feels stupid, like I've lost it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well you look stupid like.
Speaker 3: Okay, first category for you, David, I will hit the timer when I say it is drinks.
Speaker 1: Name drinks for me, go Coca Cola, Fresca, diet, Pepsi, pepsi zero sugar, Coke zero sugar, orange crush, beer, ale wine, Cosmopolitan, milk, apple juice, grapefruit juice.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, good chah, okay, all right, and your next category is furniture.
Speaker 1: Go couch chair, ottoman, dining room table, bar stool, sofa table, coffee table, dining room table, love seat, rocking chair, recliner aimed bed.
Speaker 2: You were after the buzzer on that one. You did really good on that one. Dining room table. Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm losing it, you know, yeah you are.
Speaker 2: And you look stupid too.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: All right, you're Your last one is items you could find in a gift shop.
Speaker 1: Candles, matches, ash tray, t shirts, kaleidoscope, uh, souvenir coin, a sweatshirt, shoes, hat.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean that wasn't bad. I thought you would have been the king of that because you love a souvenir. Pretty de said, all right.
Speaker 4: Let's because like from your disappointment, David, you make a Muppets sound.
Speaker 2: Hey I'm here, alrighta all right? You ready?
Speaker 8: Do I have deep competition today?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Okay, here you go. Your first category is drinks.
Speaker 6: Protein shake, smoothie, apples, apple juice, orange juice, milk, uh, chocolate milk, root beer, doctor pepper soda.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, you know I've been going.
Speaker 6: I got my wizom teeth out over the break, so I just went through like that was my protein shake and smoothie were first.
Speaker 2: You have all I've been eating. That's all I have over here.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about Okay. Your next category is furniture go.
Speaker 6: Couch, rug, lamp, table, ottoman, bed, nightstand, dresser mirror chair.
Speaker 8: Uh what are these things? The stools, bar stool?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, all right?
Speaker 3: And the last one, Vaunt is items you would find in a gift shop.
Speaker 6: Key chain, cup, magnet shirt, sweatshirt, pants, socks, mittens, hat, uh, stickers, tattoos, bro shores, and pamphlets.
Speaker 1: Wow, you did great. Seriously, I didn't even think about magnets and key chains and cups. Those are great, Thank you.
Speaker 8: I've been in a gift shop or twice in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna look at Bailey's because I think I might have missed.
Speaker 2: Some for Dave on the first round. But okay. So the first category was drinks.
Speaker 3: Dave had thirteen fontad nine, so Dave won that one. Thank vig Relations. Next category was furniture. Dave had ten bontad twelve, so takes that category, look at me. And the last one was items in a gift shop. Dave you headline you had twelve talk about.
Speaker 2: A baby today.
Speaker 6: I'm not even a gift shop nick nacky type person. But I don't know why I am a gift.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, I'm the first. That's the first thing I do. I go, well, I'm going to the gift shop. What do they happen? Oh key ring magnet look it says Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love a super New York.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. We'll be back at a second again. A major announcement coming up about It's not about you, but I feel that I should tell you because we pretty much live our lives as an open book and there is something that I want to share with you. On Monday, I'm Katie WB all right, coming up in a sack, every Lallo game here. What were you doing on New Year's Eve at midnight? Think about you can't you'll remember? What were you doing at New Year's Eve on midnight? Were you out at some glittering party somewhere kissing someone? Were you in bed already? Were you on the couch watching Ryan Seacrest. We will all share what I will read the list of what all of us did, and they're going to have secretary pre on the show and see if she'll be able to figure out which of us was doing what. And we'll do that coming up in a few minutes, no phone screen or Friday on kdbub. We're back from vacation. Happy New Year. It is January second, already. January, by the way, is the traditionally the coldest month of the year. You get through January February. Lee Wolsbig told me this when I first moved here. She's like, get through January, February's a short month, then it's March, and then spring arrives. I'm like, oooh oh, that's that. She didn't tell me. Spring didn't really arrive until, like, you know, June eighth, right, And.
Speaker 2: January always feels like the.
Speaker 6: Longest month because you've just passed all the holidays, all the kumbaya that you're excited for.
Speaker 2: Now there's nothing to look forward to a January except for.
Speaker 1: It to be over. That's kind of true. I look forward to the NFL Playoffs during the during January, but other than that, yeah, January is kind of like.
Speaker 7: Alone.
Speaker 1: Check Out our weekend in five photos. We put a bunch of photos up online of the things that we did over the weekend. Did't give a shout out to Megan and Bailey. I went to Hale Hell's Kitchen downtown Minneapolis on Christmas Eve with Carson and Susan and I'd never been a Hell's Kitchen before, but Carson's a big foodie. So he's like, please call it Hill's Kitchen. Let's go. Okay, we go in. Megan listens to the show. Manager Hayley comes over, sits down, gives me a jar of their traditional peanut butter, and she said, this is to repay you for being the voice of my childhood. Oh and I just thought that was so sweet. And then peut butter, well, because that's their that's their specialty. They have like a homemade Hell's Kitchen peanut butter. So thank you Hailey for that one.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: And I didn't think that she would recognize me because I wasn't wearing my Dave Ryan Neon flashing shirt.
Speaker 8: That you typically wear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so shout out to Hell's Kitchen.
Speaker 2: I never been.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, it was very good man. Here's here's what happened. So I was going back and forth between the fish and chips, which is my favorite, but full of fat and grease and lard and salt, or the warm grains bowls. That's what Susan said. She said, You're gonna get a warm grains ball. No, And I said, I am going to get a warm grains bawl. You did it had keenewa kale, cabbage, avocado, and a Friday in there. It was vacation, I know, but it was going to eat like the world the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I had the warm grains bowl and it was about as good as you expected to be. It wasn't it wasn't bad. It was about as good as you expected.
Speaker 3: Did you complain that you didn't get the other dish that you want?
Speaker 1: No, it was my choice. It was my choice.
Speaker 2: I would have time like why did I get this all?
Speaker 1: Listen? We made up for it over Christmas, so many Christmas cookies, so many. Lvia fired me. Livia said, you were not allowed to represent our product.
Speaker 3: It gives everyone to pass over the holidays, just how it is.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't snap fitness and broke off their equipment. You broke a treadmill, I'll try the StairMaster. Got in the StairMaster that came to a grinding hole, sparks flying everywhere.
Speaker 2: What happened when you stepped on the scale there?
Speaker 1: Oh, it said one at a time, please stupid, Thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 6: Definitely yesterday I stepped on the scale and I thought about you when you made that joke, or whenever you make that joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one at a time.
Speaker 8: Please.
Speaker 1: All right, So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna we're gonna read a list, and you gotta figure out which of us was doing what at midnight on New Year's e. Okay, so New Year's Eve, in no particular order of the four people on the show, myself, on Bailey and Jenny, I will read what we were doing. I just need you to take a guess. If you listen to the show, maybe you'll have an idea who of us was doing what. One of us was it ast cafe watching a folk artist perform at midnight, one of us was sipping a root beer float on the couch, one of us was at home talking about favorite memories of twenty twenty five, best meal, favorite New City, favorite weekend, et cetera. And one of us was on the couch in Pj's watching Ryan Seacrest. If you can guess which one of us was doing what, I would be impressed. So call me at six five, one, nine eight nine kd WB. Can I stall for a minute, yeah please. So before that, before we did whatever at midnight, I went to a wedding and it was you know, you go to a wedding and you know a couple of people. Most time you talk to a couple of people that you know or your spouse. So I met this guy. He was walking toward me and we made eye contact and I said, hey, how are you? And he's like, good, my name's Tom. Her are you? And I said, my name's Dave. Now. Tom was probably about eighty years old. What do I always like to do? Talk to old people. I love to talk to old people. So I always start off with, so you from around here. Oh yeah, I'm born and raised And I'm like, wow, but you've seen things change a lot. Oh yeah. And then he started talking about how his dad built a house in Saint Louis Park in nineteen forty one. Wow, Tom still lives in that house. Wow, that his dad built in nineteen forty one. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: That's wild? And it's never been updated once.
Speaker 1: Same carpet, same carpet. I don't know, that's not true.
Speaker 2: A lot of memories, it is not a lot of maybe, no kidding.
Speaker 1: I just thought that was kind of cool. All right, we do have somebody on the phone who's gonna tried to take a guess on what we were doing at midnight on New Year's Eve? Jewel, Good morning, Jewel and happy New Year. What are you up to this morning? Jewel? You drive it into work?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that will not work yet, but on my way to the point.
Speaker 3: Appointment first, yeah, an early appointment was very early.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm going to read you the descriptions. You take a guess at who was doing what on New Year's Eve? Here we go. One of us was it ast cafe watching a folk artist perform. Who do you think that was?
Speaker 7: Juwele Bailey?
Speaker 8: How do you know that?
Speaker 9: I mean, that's just totally heart.
Speaker 2: That is totally me. That was me, That was me, I was, yes, the one that went out.
Speaker 1: The next one who was sipping a root beer float on the couch.
Speaker 6: Vines?
Speaker 1: Did she say Vaught? It was von How did you know that.
Speaker 10: That's a treat the chill guy, because I am the chill I.
Speaker 1: Read into that that he also couldn't have any solid food because he had his wisdom teeth.
Speaker 6: I got my wisdom teeth not even a week ago, so I'm I can't eat anything with ice cream and pudding in protein shakes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Also that he's a child and.
Speaker 1: It's down to me and Jenny, and here we go. Who was at home talking about their favorite memories of twenty twenty five? Best meal, favorite New city, favorite weekend, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Joady.
Speaker 1: That is gently say, are you looking over my shoulders somehow, Jewel? This is weird. You're nailing these. I love this. And then so that means that I was at home on the couch watching in my pj's watching Ryan Seacrest. Yep, you actually see the picture. I'm taking a picture of the TV. You can see my Monopoly board game pjs and Bernie standing by my feet in the picture.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you guys kiss that midnights?
Speaker 1: Nobody else to kiss in that house?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just did you?
Speaker 1: Tongue Jewell, have a wonderful day, Happy New Year? Yeah, thank you very much. Did she say she's going to an appointment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, an appointment this early on a Friday before.
Speaker 1: She goes to work. Okay, Well, if you're up early and doing something in Texas and let us know why you are up on a day where you should not be up. Let's get into Vaughn's feel good Friday on Wait on kd WB. The Twin Cities number one hit Me extation. Let's find out what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: What toys for tatas or is it tatas for toys?
Speaker 5: What it is?
Speaker 6: It's a toy drive that started in twenty eleven, and they raised money for a local children's hospital. And exactly what it sounds like. There's strippers and they danced, and they raised two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for a children's hospital. They have a little promo. It plays better if you watch it, but the song is also funny. You've got.
Speaker 8: And then there's videos of strippers.
Speaker 1: Dancer and dancers, dancer.
Speaker 8: And dancer, and the strippers doing what strippers do.
Speaker 6: They've been doing this for over ten years, and I think this is the greatest idea in the world.
Speaker 8: Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Wow, so many dancers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Why doesn't anybody like dude? Why do more people do this?
Speaker 2: Why don't more people do that?
Speaker 6: Strippering for money for children, good good causes, not just for strippers, like yes, obviously you can strip to be a stripper, but also for good causes.
Speaker 1: How did they how did they raise money?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I'm I mean, you sit in the front row and tuck it into their pants or what I mean, what's the story.
Speaker 6: It's literally just a strip club and dancers and just that money goes toward the children's hospital.
Speaker 8: Like it's phenomenal. That's the best way to raise money.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 6: They raise over two hundred and forty thousand dollars since twenty eleven. In this year they brought in a record sixty thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: When you started talking about this story, I thought you were being naive. Yeah, I'm calling it toys for Tatas to be say that, I was like vaunted toys.
Speaker 8: For to Their fundraiser is called Tatas for.
Speaker 2: Toys, Tatas for toys.
Speaker 8: The money goes to buy toys for sick kids' hospital.
Speaker 2: What else will they think of next?
Speaker 8: Well, Dave, why are you going to the foo again?
Speaker 1: Well, it is because I care about child's children that don't have toys for Christmas.
Speaker 8: For charity.
Speaker 10: It's for charity.
Speaker 2: You guys, why are you covered with glitter and have a stack of.
Speaker 1: Don't worry cancer? Let's get into Dave's dirt on Katie No Phone Springer Friday coming up also one on one point three, kd W B Brought You by six one two, Injured Heimer, and Lammer's Injury Law. Here comes my movie reviews from the weekend or over Christmas vacation. The Housemaid Great loved it four point five stars out a five out of five. Yes, I would say, there's really nothing wrong with this movie that I would change. I just can't give any movie a five. So I would say Housemaid four out of five.
Speaker 2: I'm almost done with the book and the book is amazing, okay.
Speaker 1: I would also say we watched the New Knives Out movie, Nah it is okay. I really like that one one with the priest, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've liked those movies because I think, what's the detective's name, the funny guy now whatever, he has some weird name. But I've always thought that they were pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: But I did not like this one.
Speaker 1: I'd say about a three out of five on that one. It just I wouldn't recommend it. But I also wouldn't say don't see it was a dog. And then Marty Supreme, I would say maybe a one point five out of five, And so I know it did really well on Rotten Tomatoes and maybe you saw it differently than I did. I thought that Timothy shallow May was really interesting to watch, but his character is not a likable person. Yeah, and there was no plot. It's like, what's the you know, you're about forty five minutes into this movie or an hour and you're going, what what am I waiting for? I don't look at what is the revolution resolution that I'm waiting for?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 6: I don't think you like Timothy Shallowy because he was Bob Dylan too, right.
Speaker 2: I know, you know, and it could be right film.
Speaker 1: Bob Dylan's movie basically proved that Bob Dylan lived a very boring life. Nothing happened during that movie that made me go, oh wow, that's fascinating. Oh look he's playing an electric guitar. Now wow. I'm sure glad I came down here and spent thirty nine ninety nine on this movie for me and you, Carson.
Speaker 3: He is definitely a boring musician. I will say the cameos of Elvis and Johnny Cash in that movie were probably my favorite parts. Yeah, because those guys were actually living like a more exciting life.
Speaker 1: I did like Timothy Shallome. He was in the Elvis movie. Right, No, that was awesome, but screw Timothy Shallow.
Speaker 2: I watched it. So I watched Dune one and June one Overbreak two. Okay, so Timothy Shallmy is like the main character in those movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think he's really good in those They're confusing stories.
Speaker 2: I had someone explain it to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to do some research on it, but I'm excited because I think Dune three comes out this summer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but all right, I haven't seen any of these, but hear me out.
Speaker 6: Is Timothy Shallow may the new Leo DiCaprio, the new Brad Pitt in terms of being like the big movie star guy male movie stars right now?
Speaker 1: He is. I think the difference is he's not a sex symbol, but I could be wrong about that.
Speaker 2: One love him. I don't because he's too skinny.
Speaker 3: But I wouldn't see I like him. I would agree that he's not a sex symbol though like I like him. I think people are attracted to him, but I don't know he's not really necessarily giving sex symbol people.
Speaker 1: That'll be wonder for Brad Pitt since nineteen seventy nine, so I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I honestly feel like Kylie Jenhner kind of gives him more clout of him, like hotter than he is, because like otherwise, he kind of just looks like the nerdy kid that did theater in high school.
Speaker 2: He was, yeah, exactly, he definitely was. All Right, Well, let's talk about other people who might be coupling up here.
Speaker 3: Braxton Barrios and Alex Earl broke up recently, and now Alex Earl was.
Speaker 2: Seeing at a party on New Year's Eve with Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of videos circulating of them like hands on each other's back, laughing and.
Speaker 2: Let's make out later. So are they going to be the next eight couple? I don't know. Tom's forty eight and Alex is twenty five.
Speaker 8: Home, I didn't realize it was forty eight.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's wild. Bailey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know everyone in their mom is talking about Stranger Things because the final episode I think dropped truly yesterday. I don't think this is a spoiler. I don't think it's a spoiler, but spoiler alert regardless. Noah Schnapp, who plays Will in Stranger Things, talks about his Stranger Things character.
Speaker 8: Beckna thought Will's secret was his weakness.
Speaker 5: But it's a super cool wow that one of the best queer characters we've ever had. What a powerful message to send to kids, like, No, this isn't your weakness, this is your superpower. This is how you defeat the big, bad, evil monster. The whole show is accepting what you thought was your weakness.
Speaker 2: Being who you are is where all power comes from. It's really powerful and I'm very moved and touched by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though I played.
Speaker 2: The certainly, it's the longest I think we've ever spent writing a scene.
Speaker 11: The most nerve wracking thing was actually not the filming of it, but was initially sending the script to Know because you knew he would be able to do on in the day if it felt truthful to him.
Speaker 1: As to the fact that it felt.
Speaker 11: Truthful and that when he read it it made him cry, I was okay, okay, I think we didn screw this up.
Speaker 4: And I haven't watched it yet. I usually have my sister watch it first. Tell me where all the scary parts are so I can skip him.
Speaker 8: I heard that this season did not miss them or it did not land.
Speaker 4: Oh really, because everyone I know, Yeah, oh, everyone I know.
Speaker 2: Say they love.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, well, I guess we'll see I guess guess who we're getting new music from.
Speaker 8: For the first time in four years, BTS is back.
Speaker 6: You remember they had to do mandatory service in the South Korean military, so they're back. In March twentieth, they put posted a message on their Instagram saying that a new album is coming March twentieth. So if you're a K pop fan, if you're a BTS fan, that's something to look forward to this year.
Speaker 1: Who is a billionaire? Beyoncey is officially a billionaire. That makes her the fifth musician to achieve this. Now, let's try to see if we can name the other billionaire musicians. I'm gonna say probably jay Z, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Rihanna, Do you think so?
Speaker 2: From all Right?
Speaker 1: Maybe Paul McCartney, but I'm not sure it be Selina Gomez right, also not from her music, but a billionaire she.
Speaker 3: Is because of her makeup Those yeah took off because of their makeup line.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 3: I mean, this isn't a musician, but Kylie Jenner also a billionaire because her makeup line.
Speaker 2: People like me up a lot.
Speaker 4: Jojo Siwa is going back to her original name, which is Joel Seewah. And so she changed her TikTok bio or to say her full name, and she's just rebranding herself. She's not Jojo Siwa anymore. She's Joel Seewa. I can't wait to see what Jojo see what does in the new year. Let me try here, trifling.
Speaker 1: Care factor zero.
Speaker 2: I feel like she's gonna get really into like yoga or something and like finding her true nature can be backtrack real quick.
Speaker 6: It's not Selena Gomez, it's the billionaire. It's Bruce Springsteen. So Taylor Swift, Rihanna, jay Z, Bruce Springsteen, and now Beyonce all five billionaires or musician.
Speaker 1: So Selena Gomez is not a billionaire.
Speaker 8: She is, but I guess just not for her music. She's not on this list.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha? Wow? All right? That is the dirt, brought to you by six one two, Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. We are going to do this right now. It is no phone screeneror Friday. We love this bit before we do it, mostly because it's fun we get to talk to you, but also because it happens on Friday. You call the radio station, It's sixty five one nine eight nine KDWB. You let it ring because we don't answer in advance and screen the phone calls. We just put you on live. When we put you on live, So let it ring and ring and ring until we pick you up now and then you can talk about whatever you want. You can ask about something, you can comment on society, You can mention anything you want to, except we don't do plugs for your kid's event or your Instagram or your business. We don't do shout outs because we do shout outs at other times. And you've got to be at least sixteen years old. And if you break any of those laws, those rules, you will hear this sound and you will be disconnected. Six' five one nine eight nine KD. Wb you're gonna get on the radio ON ktw you be your friends will hear. You oh my, god Mar, gene were you ON kdwb this? MORNING i sure. Was did you talk About vaunce new?
Speaker 6: Hair, yeah shut out my hair, man my Girl lissa did, it and shout out my Boy ray who cut It Aquay.
Speaker 1: Barbershop it is a big difference from your hair previous. Hair my hair is getting so. LONG i Think i'm in my long hair. Era so my Girlfriend alyssa twisted it and it's or like coiled. It, yeah it looks so. Good YouTube Live Dave RYAN. Tv you want to check It out's ferry. Bouncy thank.
Speaker 8: You they've always asked if you.
Speaker 1: Can look LIKE i just want to, say you look a little bit like you look.
Speaker 6: Like my hair looks at more Like Ice spice when it's, out because she has like the big, afro but she's giving like Orphan annie. Too somebody asked that boo bash BECAUSE i Was Orphan. Andy they were, like are you Ice? Spice AND i was, like, No i'd have less those on the. Case all, right no phone screen On. Friday let's see what we are up against here six, five, one nine eight nine KD. Wb, hello you're up. First what's your?
Speaker 1: Name?
Speaker 9: Angie?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Angie what's? Up?
Speaker 9: HI i just wanted first Say Happy New year to.
Speaker 8: Everybody Happy New.
Speaker 10: Year, Yeah Happy New.
Speaker 9: Year and my one of my biggest pet peeves is you go to a fast food restaurant where they specialize in something special and they're totally out of. It oh.
Speaker 1: Gosh, yes we went To chipotle one time and they were out of, chips and they were out of. Tortillas you could only get a.
Speaker 2: Bowl and it's, like, now it's, like how does that?
Speaker 9: HAPPEN i went To arby's and they were out of.
Speaker 8: Roast what the?
Speaker 2: Hell that's their only?
Speaker 8: Thing you gotta get their steak?
Speaker 1: NUGGETS i, Said GOD i HAD i had a girlfriend one time that worked A kfc and they would make just enough chicken to kind of coincide with closing, time and a lot of the time they'd rude out of. Chicken so somebody come in, like, yeah like a, bucket a bucket of, way and we're out of. Chicken you're out of, chicken, right you have one. Job you got a chicken, place plenty of Cole. Slaw thank, You, angie appreciate. That have a good. Day by KD wb no phone Screener friday six five one nine eight nine k W. V, hi what's your? Name? Jake what's? Up?
Speaker 7: JAKE i just wanted to call and, say you, know we really actually truly enjoy winter In minnesota BECAUSE, i you, know buy to myself for many, years BUT i feel like the OLDER i get JUST i just want to get out of the state and at The Florida.
Speaker 1: You know what You're you're absolutely. RIGHT i think that some people make a really good effort to enjoying but winter In, minnesota and some people are LIKE i love. IT i love snowboarding and ice. FISHING i. DON'T i will make do with. IT i will get my cross country skis out sometime soon and maybe go. Snowboarding but, YEAH i. DON'T i don't think that most people. Do you tolerate winter In.
Speaker 4: MINNESOTA i feel like as we get, older our bones don't like it as.
Speaker 2: MUCH i don't like the. Cold my bone's hurting the.
Speaker 3: COLD i do like, it But i'm not gonna SAY i love, it, Right BUT i do like to get, outside AND i think that that's the only way that you can enjoy. Winter and if you refuse to go, outside then you're never gonna like. Winter you have, something something to live.
Speaker 1: For you gotta have. Something, yeah thank, You. Jake have a good, day all?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Next one hold on pushing the right button, here no phone? Screen Your? Friday, hi you're? Up? Next what's your? Name? Helloy no phone screen Or? Friday? Hello what is your?
Speaker 10: Name?
Speaker 8: Zippy?
Speaker 1: ZIPPY i love that? Name all, right what's? Up not?
Speaker 9: Much how are?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Then is This zippy that used to work AT Kadwb, yeah real Name, Chris, yeah my.
Speaker 8: Man zippy used to work, here.
Speaker 1: A guy Named. Zippy he was an intern And, zippy uh was you were one of the Most this WAS i mean twenty twenty five years, ago, Right? Zip, Yeah zippy worked at our radio station and we did a bit one time called Will zippy Lick? It and and we had people bring things to an appearance At Ridgedale mall and then if you licked, it they would win a, prize or if you wouldn't lick. It do you remember what people, Brought?
Speaker 10: ZIPPY i remember it all?
Speaker 8: Up mm hmm it again.
Speaker 1: Like Michael kor's. Purse, Now, ZIPPY i don't know if you IF i can bring it up or? Not CAN i bring up your your state of of health and your? Injury?
Speaker 10: OH i AM I I I you're a one And i'm half really brain injury because of.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 5: Dang.
Speaker 2: Wow so he was in a motorcycle that and you.
Speaker 1: Weren't you didn't have a helmet, on right AND i had. On we did have a helmet, On, Okay, Yeah And i'm so glad to hear from. You you're almost making me choke up a little. Bit zippy was in and still is one of the most, charming, energetic sweet. People and and he was got into a motorcycle accident AND i think he hit his head on a curb and uh and and a traumatic brain injury and mm. Hmm but you're Still you're still, kicking and you're still doing and your.
Speaker 8: Thing, yea god, Bless.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad to hear from, you my. Friend you take. Care, OKAY i haven't heard from that kid in twenty something. Years the never, forgot never forgott. Him he was just like he was kind of like he was a bad. Ass he was kind of a bad. Ass and he had like IF i remember, right he had, tattoos and he had, like you, know cool spiked hair and things like.
Speaker 9: That cool.
Speaker 2: Dude and, yeah so do you think he was an intern he was.
Speaker 1: IN i believe he was an.
Speaker 2: Intern, ye, okay so he worked here probably when he was pretty.
Speaker 1: Young probably twenty. Ish, yeah that'd make him, like, wow all, right that is gonna do it for no phone screen Or friday on k D w Bids it's KD w Be Happy New year From The Dave Ryan. Show it's kind of a weird day to be here at. Work but you, know we love doing what we do most of the. Time but a lot of people are not working today or working a different. Schedule, yeah but hear At, iHeartRadio they're, like, yeah you're gonna come into.
Speaker 2: Work we're the only ones here.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well to be a FAIR k fan works like so many random bas like they work On Black. FRIDAY i think they did work a little. Bit they did holidays so like they have been on BUT i don't think they're here this, morning AND i Didn't it looked like it was all black in their.
Speaker 8: Studios bailey AND i were the first two cars in the parking.
Speaker 6: Lot this.
Speaker 1: Is kind of.
Speaker 2: Scary, Hello, like not even custodian people are, Here, no no one's.
Speaker 1: Here, dang well you're. Here you're. Here CAN i tell YOU i missed, you, guys because, seriously you.
Speaker 2: Didn't text us at, all not Even Merry. Christmas he texted, me you Texted? Bailey you didn't text me in VANT i probably had something to say To.
Speaker 1: Ben what DID i text you? About let me find. OUT i don't THINK i TEXTED i don't think it picked herunt and Said Merry. Christmas bailey just between us was the.
Speaker 2: Better friend who Texted vant about his wisdom. Teeth everybody, did actually Did.
Speaker 4: Vant if it makes you feel. GOOD i sent myself an alarm For saturday that said check in with. Fond.
Speaker 1: Yeah SEE i didn't have to BECAUSE i just care for the young man AND i just came up in my heart to check in with my friend. VON i felt it in my.
Speaker 6: Heart Bailey textan said god luck to day booo And bailey And jenny And dave said how are you feeling as.
Speaker 1: You Call jackson by? MISTAKE i was confused by.
Speaker 6: THAT i was, like SOMETIMES i got my wisdom teeth out Last, saturday so It's i'm on day, seven.
Speaker 1: Right you never heard anybody bitch and whine and moan, like, no let me tell, you let me tell. You you bitched and wined and, moan and you predicted your own death and demise Like i'm really worried about and. Air everybody called and, Said, vaunt it's no big. Deal and then you like put out a billboard down On. Hennepin i'm getting my wisdom teeth out AND i might not make.
Speaker 8: It first of all the. Billboards the billboard was On hennepen and forty. FOUR i got him, out AND i was so.
Speaker 6: ANXIOUS i took video beforehand of me so terrified because WHEN i was, YOUNGER i WAS i hated the. Dentist WHEN i was a, kid they used to have to strap me down and like what was pretty much a straight BECAUSE i was kicking punch and like, no, no.
Speaker 8: No AND i was almost the same going into it.
Speaker 6: CHILD i don't remember nothing from right before they put me under The Wisdom tee surgery after and to be, honest everyone was. RIGHT i felt almost no. PAIN i don't know if it's because all the meds That i'm taking and.
Speaker 1: Still on or what senior. DEFENSE i, mean you're getting put under for the first, time something, like you, know you've never had a, surgery you never had a gallbladder taken. OVER i totally get.
Speaker 10: That, yeah it was.
Speaker 6: Regular it's nerve, wracking regular nerves and. Anxiousness but the doctors were really really. Nice shout out to. Them they're not paying me, to you, know say, that but they were really really. Helpful and WHEN i came, back like WHEN i came back to. Life they were really. Kind they wheeled me out on a. Wheelchair was, like oh, gosh CAUSE i was, like look a little. Bit oh, yeah, Sure but they numbed my mouth the first, day so my mouth was entirely. Numb BUT i haven't really felt pain much at.
Speaker 2: All oh that's so.
Speaker 6: Good So i've been drinking if you're watching On Dave RYAN, tv these little protein shakes That i've been not really helping Because i've been wanting to suck on like A french fry or anything just for the past, week like baby like babies. Love But i've been drinking protein, shakes. SMOOTHIES i have a little pudding cup over here Because i'm two years.
Speaker 1: Old when can you go back to eating regular?
Speaker 6: Food, well to be honest with, you like day two or, THREE i was nibbling On chick fil a chicken. Nuggets But MONDAY i have a postop appointment just to make sure my stitches are fine and everything's, healed SO i can go back to eating nachos and beef.
Speaker 8: Jerky.
Speaker 1: Right that's, Great and like most things in, life it's like now you will have the experience to tell somebody who's, like you, know in five years they'll be get their wizzen teeth out and you'll be, like, MAN i was worried about it, Too no big. Deal, yeah it was.
Speaker 3: Chilling it is a big deal if you get dry, sockets, though BECAUSE i did it and that's WHAT i. Keep AND i didn't tell vant about my experience BECAUSE i didn't want him to get more nervous because he was already terrified shaking talking about.
Speaker 2: It but mine was not. GREAT i was miserable for like a.
Speaker 8: Week can you explain what dry sockets?
Speaker 2: IS i don't. KNOW i can't. Dentist What i've.
Speaker 6: Heard is before your wounds heel like the holes in your mouth where they take the. Teeth if you eat something you're not supposed, to or even if you're just not doing mouth wash, accurately there'll be dried like the pockets in your mouth where the holes, are and it, hurts probably worse than people say the surgery. Itself oh, Yeah so you have to be very careful with you, know if your doctor or dentist gives you mouth wash or salt water and just being active with. THAT a couple of dentists that listened to the show were dental ASSISTANTS dm me and was, like by these little syringes to rinse out your.
Speaker 4: Mouth so everybody was so helpful with. THAT i remember those little like curved. Syringes, yeah get the gunk out of. Those But i'm, Alive i'm. Healing i'm looking with the costco day, two SO i was. Chilling thank The, lord you, know all the prayers and hope and all the prayers AND i. Felt, yes we had a five k fun run For Vaughn's wisdom, Team.
Speaker 8: Yeah we didas for toys for, me, yeah.
Speaker 1: A gofund me where we were ised one hundred and forty five thousand dollars per.
Speaker 3: Fun someone did message me over the break and was, like is everything? Okay All i'm hearing our best of? Shows AND i was, Like finn got is wisdom teeth.
Speaker 2: Out we had to take.
Speaker 8: It we had to take the week. Right shout out to me for us having so.
Speaker 1: Funny that's like the state of radio. Today it's, like you, know we were on vacation at a very logical the traditional vacation, time AND i got so many dm some people like did you guys get? Fired did you guys get? Late it's, like, no we're on. Vacation, right we all got.
Speaker 2: Fired but they're playing bestus with all of our. Voices what else are they going to? Do they don't HAVE ai like golden.
Speaker 4: Guaranteed SO i saw TikTok that told us New year's resolutions that can actually make a. Difference i'm going to read some of these to. You if you think a complimentary, thought say it out. Loud so if you're walking all you're on the bus or, something and some lady comes in with this cool fur, coat and you're, like that's a cool for a, coat and you say that in your, head say it out. Loud tell that lady cool for. Coat any complimentary thought you, have say it out. Loud it'll make your day, Better it'll make their day. Better it'll come across as.
Speaker 1: Creepy IF i did it, Beautiful damn they got a nice pepper, Sprayed you got a really nice.
Speaker 2: Hat, well, okay well to take it your, OWN i.
Speaker 1: Guess, okay here's the next.
Speaker 4: One eat more. Pastries that's a good. One Ba eat more pastries because it makes it makes your life. Happier eat more, pastries bake or cook one new thing every single. MONTH i like, That and you can like learn something. New no complaining about the. Weather you can't control. It just embrace. It don't complain about the weather. Period, okay but my back hurt is from shoveling so much in the last.
Speaker 2: Week about. Shoveling, yeah, okay, okay just not the.
Speaker 8: Weather not the.
Speaker 4: Weather cut off saying lol at the ends of text. Messages absolutely.
Speaker 2: NOT i love Saying.
Speaker 8: I'm so.
Speaker 4: Funny someone, says eat more pasta shapes in addition past.
Speaker 1: Because we kind of stick to the rotini for the the spaghett or the angel. Hair so, yeah mix it up a little, bit have.
Speaker 2: More there's a lot of different.
Speaker 4: Kinds, Also i'm going to add to that more, cheese, okay because you probably don't realize that you haven't tried a lot of.
Speaker 2: CHEESES i don't need any more cheese in my life.
Speaker 4: Right this one SAYS i had a college professor make us not SAY i think before we answered a, question OR i feel like even if our answer was, wrong there was a reason the.
Speaker 1: Way we thought that. WAY i think that's really. True i've learned that years. Ago when you're writing a letter and you say something, like you, know If i'm writing to like the, boss AND i SAY i think we should play fewer. Commercials take out THE i think and say we should play fewer. Commercials, yeah for, Example, yeah be firm in your. WHEE i should come in, earlier not LIKE i think we should come in. Earlier we should come in, earlier because now you're kind of like conditioning your, idea like it's probably, wrong BUT i think.
Speaker 2: Right AND i.
Speaker 8: THINK i.
Speaker 2: Think jenny AND i do this a lot with the PHRASE i feel Like we'll.
Speaker 4: SAY i feel like, THIS i feel like, that AND i think that's kind of the.
Speaker 2: Same sort of a. Vibe here's another.
Speaker 4: One this one says IF i have a happy thought or memory about someone from my past and we just drifted apart or something not violating, Boundaries i'll reach out and, say, Hey i'm thinking about you, today AND i hope you're doing WHAT i do that.
Speaker 1: TOO i love. That, YEAH i drove by this. Restaurant it's, like, oh, YEAH i remember when we went there one, time.
Speaker 4: Right thinking of, you love, you, whatever all of. That this one, says My New year's resolution was to count my. SNEEZES i met two hundred and forty. Nine that's this harmless.
Speaker 8: ONE i like.
Speaker 3: That one you And dave with both the loose. Count if you did, that you both have sneezing attacks when you're. Sneeze, Yeah, dave a specialist's worse Than.
Speaker 1: Bailey i'll do like twenty thirty times in a.
Speaker 4: Row and then this one, says take at least one rest day per. Month the laundry floors and everything can wait for one. Day it'll be. Okay take one rest day per. Month these are Some New year's resolutions that actually make a. Difference AND i like the complimentary thought one And i've decided that that one's my, RESOLUTION i think for next year or this.
Speaker 2: Year if you think of complimentary.
Speaker 8: Thoughts say it out.
Speaker 2: LOUD i like that.
Speaker 1: One you look.
Speaker 4: Fine, Well i'm looking at you right, Now, dave And i'm not really thinking of any complimentary.
Speaker 1: Things have nothing to.
Speaker 4: Say BUT i did Mention jenny's but looked really nice energy ines. Today he did tell me that.
Speaker 3: Earlier it's because they're so tight right now Because i've ate too much cookies.
Speaker 2: Nice not the daily daily.
Speaker 8: Folks, Sorry, dave you got a nice rack on.
Speaker 1: You thank, you thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much bra For. Christmas they look pretty.
Speaker 1: Perky yeah they, are thank you very much appreciate that water bra all, right thank. You it's one of one point three k D wub