Speaker 1: We started an auction for Nile Horn autographed guitar to benefit Christmas Wish, and we cut off the bidding a few minutes ago, and the winner is Jolene. Congratulations, thank you. Hey, you know what what what? What was our final bid?
Speaker 2: At?
Speaker 1: We say, what was the final bid? In Murdment twenty fifty? Okay, good congratulate. What are you gonna do with that guitar?
Speaker 3: My daughter is a one direction fan and loves Nile Horn and all the boys, so it's gonna be her Christmas gift.
Speaker 1: I'll say that is her Christmas and Birthday and Valentine's Day and Arbor Day and all that stuff. Wow, hey, good job. I will get you on hold and we'll tell you how to make your payment. And congratulations and thank you so much for supporting Christmas Wish.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: If you hear a Christmas Wish and it moves you to donate, then please do. If it doesn't move you to donate, and maybe you can't afford it, that's fine too. But maybe it moves you to keep everything in perspective and it's like, oh the roads are awful, or I'm the to be late for work, or oh I got another teams meeting today. Another team's meeting, not another team's meeting. That kind of keeps things in perspective. And I think that's one of the things that people really appreciate about Christmas Wish. But if it does move to you to donate, then please do that. Go to katiewb dot com slash wish, And I know it moved a lot of people to donate. And thanks to all the people who have like texted in or called in and said, hey, I own a business, can I donate something? I got one a little while ago, and can I read it to Yeah, I give me a second here, because you know now that I've said it is going to take me a minute to find it. You know how that works, right, So here we go. With Millbourne Clothing Company, they said, we're happy to donate some interview business suits for anybody needing dress clothing for Christmas Wish. How about two five hundred dollars gift cards?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yes, please, So I said, mail into the radio station and we'll throw those in there for maybe somebody who was looking for some interview attire. Millbourne Clothing love when the community comes together, So thank you so much and We'll be back in a second on KATIEWB on the Dave Ryan The.
Speaker 2: Dave Ryan Show one on one point three.
Speaker 4: K d w B.
Speaker 2: Kind of cold.
Speaker 1: That's snowing outside, so be careful in the roads. Things are going on this weekend. It's fitting. The Saint Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show is over at the River Center today through Sunday. Over in Stillwater today through Sunday. They have the Twinkle weekend in city tree lighting in Stillwater, so we want to look up any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: They have an.
Speaker 1: Evening glow like tonight on Main Street and then the Anoka Annual Tree Lighting is tomorrow three until seven at Anoka City Hall. They have the Waconia Chris Kindless March. Sounds like a German name.
Speaker 5: They call all the Chris Kindle Marchs. I think that's what they call. The one in Saint Paul, the one in the North Loop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we went last year. It was really cool.
Speaker 1: First and second weekends this Friday through Sunday is moved from Excelsior to Waconia in a city park. That is this weekend as well, Holiday Junk Bananza down at Canterbury Park, Prairie Home Companion Christmas over the Fitzgerald Theater in Disney on Ice Frozen and Incanto through Sunday at the g Spot over in Saint Paul. The annual Rock and Roll Christmas Spectacular is at the Fireside Theater. The chan happened in Dinner Theater. That's this weekend. The seventh annual Original Mattress Factory Bring a Blanket for Bridging is tomorrow. Our friends over at K one O two. We're helping out with that one. And Holiday Bazaar at the Landmark Center is in Saint Paul today through Sunday. Circ Disilay is at Northropodatorium twas the night before, and let's see if there's anything else. There's a bunch of stuff actually, including the Timberwolves or hosting the Clippers tomorrow night. Vikings are going to do their best. They're going to do their best against the Washington Commanders. Good luck to new starting quarterback Uncle Rica from Napoleon Dynamite. We're pretty excited about that one. Go for women's basketball host Maryland and go for women's hockey at Saint Thomas and Saint Paul. The Gopher football team is possibly going to be in a Bowl game. But in the next couple of days we'll determine what bowl game that's going to be. What Bowl game do you think it's going to be?
Speaker 2: The Cereal Bowl?
Speaker 1: Very possibly the Las Vegas Bowl, which is kind of cool because it's in Las Vegas. Time of the Friday morning dance party changed the mood a little bit on KDWB.
Speaker 2: Who's making a comeback? Who's been canceled? And whatever happened to Ashley Parker Angel. It's Dave's Dirt on kd w B.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some of the things that are going on with Dave's dirt. Skip the bars and apps and head for the coffee shop. A new survey from Dating News named Starbucks as America's ultimate meat cute hot spot. Sixty five percent of single so two out of three says it's the best place to spark romance. Duncan was second, with forty three percent of gen z naming it the top spot for finding love. I don't know if that means you go, well, let's meet down at Duncan, or let's meet to Starbucks, or are you just go in there and hang out where something sexy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you like meeting people on an app and then saying, let's go on a date or are you yeah, going to Duncan to meet someone.
Speaker 2: I think you're well because this is what I gather.
Speaker 1: The next one on the list is Olive Garden, so I'm thinking it's places to go on a hot date. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense because it's you know, it's affordable, and everybody loves Olive Garden.
Speaker 4: But even Duncan seems like a weird spot for the first date. At least Starbucks has like chairs and atmosphere.
Speaker 2: An atmosphere. Yeah, don't crap on Duncan.
Speaker 3: I'm not crapping strong with Duncan.
Speaker 2: I would love a donut for a date.
Speaker 4: But like, it's a lot of fluorescent lighting in there, a lot of white.
Speaker 2: It's not like, you know, I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like every flaw of your skin and every pore is going.
Speaker 2: To show exactly. Don't have a right.
Speaker 1: Today is also National Bartender, so make sure you tip your bartender at those holiday parties. The standard used to be a dollar per drink. I think it's a little bit more than that. I always tip a little bit more because I want them to pay attention to me. Next time I come up to order a drink, because you're a drunk, is a drunk will be back dollar.
Speaker 5: There's love in the air for Sammy Sweetheart from Jersey Shore because she just married a man named Vincent Keith. And apparently the MTV cameras were at yesterday's ceremony in New Jersey. And I just would like to remind everyone of the famous note that was left for Sammy's Sweetheart about Ron. It said, Sam the first night at bed when you left, Ron made out with two girls and put his head in between a cocktail waitress's breasts. Also, he was grinding with multiple fat women when you left crying at clutch, Ron was holding hands and dancing with a female and took down her number. Multiple people in the house know. Therefore you should know the truth. Use this information wisely. That is like millennials one of their favorite things to recite back.
Speaker 2: From Jersey Show.
Speaker 5: But now Sammy Sweetheart found real love that doesn't involve Ron from Jersey Show.
Speaker 3: Ew.
Speaker 4: Thank goodness, Netflix is about to be even bigger because they just acquired Warner Brothers Film Studios, Wow, HBO and HBO Max. And this was an eight eighty two point seven billion dollar deal for Netflix to now own all of these different things. Netflix is just ginormous. It's the next Amazon as far as I'm concerned. Netflix, So yeah, I guess everything is going to turn over to that. I wonder if all of the HBO shows are now going to be on Netflix, because I have Netflix and I don't have HBO, so that would.
Speaker 2: Be are we really here for this?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Because Disney acquired Hulu.
Speaker 3: And ESPN, Now if you had HU first of all, I think Hulu is going to be gone next year. Anything that you watch on Hulu you can watch on Disney Plus now, which is a little weird that my kid can watch Blueye on Disney Plus. But then I can also turn and watch like American Horror Story. Yeah, odd to me.
Speaker 2: But now the same thing with Netflix. Yeah, monopolies, baby, I guess.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Miley Cyrus she has a project coming out next year. She says she's working on the twentieth anniversary of Hannah Montana and she said that nobody else can play Miley or can play Hannah.
Speaker 2: And she said she's disgusted by paper.
Speaker 4: Christmas.
Speaker 5: I'm known as a little bit of a grinch because I have a qualm with Christmas?
Speaker 2: What is it? I hate paper?
Speaker 5: Like? Looking at that makes me want to vomit.
Speaker 2: Don't even do it?
Speaker 4: Should I move it?
Speaker 2: Moving it? Okay?
Speaker 5: And then the real problem for me with paper is when when people.
Speaker 2: Have dry hand, dry hands, and.
Speaker 4: They touch paper, and then it's Christmas and it's cold.
Speaker 2: And everyone's hands are dry and they're all touching paper.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, speak of the Christmas.
Speaker 1: Michael Buble says you should start listening to Christmas music earlier.
Speaker 2: I'm Michael Buble and I'm not gonna lie. We should start up listening to Christmas music in tune. We can't do that, but we can't. It would be great for my streaming revenue.
Speaker 5: Who I mean, good for him him around the holiday time.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: Also, we're just finishing up a year und awards and bad Bunny just won Best Bulge from the wonderful dating app of Grinder, which I think is fantastic. After he's posed for Calvin Klein in an underwear ad and it is quite a beautiful ad. If I must say so myself.
Speaker 2: I agree. I want to print it out and hang it on my bedroom wall. I look at you, guys, objectifying man.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, just you know what, vont and I are tired of being seen as nothing but sex objects.
Speaker 3: You tail, you don't see me talking about Oh I want to put Sizzla in a bikini on a poster or just hanging out my ceiling.
Speaker 5: He's already in the underwear. He chose to do that himself. And all I said was, I think it's a beautiful ad. I don't know how that's objectifying someone.
Speaker 2: Justice for men, yeah, men about this stuff.
Speaker 4: I want to play some saxophone music because there's this guy on Instagram. His name's Evan Jacobson and he is kind of going viral for adding sax solos to songs that don't necessarily need them, but I think they do.
Speaker 2: All right, that is really cool. I do love that, all right.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for the dirt brought you buy six one two Injured Himer and Lamber's injury law.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Drive safe, stay warm, enjoy your shopping at the mall, or you're whatever you're doing, lights tours, whatever it is your gut going on, and we will see you back here Monday for more Christmas wishes from kd WB