Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday night, June the second, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are in the desert to continue their series with the Diamondbacks. Dodgers thirty eight and twenty two on this season, five games up on the Padres, five and a half games up on the Snakes. After dropping the series opener last night, the Dodgers back at it tonight with left hander gerg Lauer on the mound. First pitch from Chase Field is coming up at six point forty coming up over the next hour here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts get his pregame thoughts going into this second game of this four game series. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse joined us of course, throughout the hour, he'll go one on one with Immitt Sheen. That's coming up. In forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops buying about thirty minutes. Well, shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minutes we head out to the Galpin four broadcast booth with Tim Neffett and Rick Monday. Well, last night, Immitt Sheen was dealing for most of the game. The only problem is the Dodgers offense was nowhere to be found. The Dodgers jumped out to an early lead thanks to an RBI groundout from Freddie Freeman scoring show Hey Otani that came in the third and got the Dodgers a one to nothing lead. Immit Sheen was cruising. He was putting up zeros through three through four, through five, Dodgers maintained a one nothing lead going into the bottom half of the sixth inning. When the nine hitter, Yes, the nine hitter, rookie Tommy Troy for the Diamondbacks tied it up.
Speaker 6: But basically his last year he played on one foot. He had a fracture in his left foot. It's hit by a pitch and he swings and he hammers went deep to left field. He's just tied the game. So Tommy Troy, it's his first major league home run.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Tommy Troy. The Pride of Stanford hits a home run that tied the game at one in the sixth. Then in the seventh, image Sheen gave up the long ball again, Altoro High School's own Norlan Arenado a solo shot to Love center field that gave the Snakes a two to one lead. And with Chase image Sheen from the game six and the third innings just two runs on only three hits. Those were solo home runs and gave Arizona the lead. Then in the eighth inning, Jack Dryer, with some trouble runners on for could tell Marte.
Speaker 6: Nothing and one that could tell Marte. Troy leads at first. Tryer peaks over there and now Troy takes off for second pitch, a swing on trail to left field, tap, it's gone.
Speaker 7: A line dried home run out of here to.
Speaker 6: The left, could tell Marte, providing insurance for the Snakes.
Speaker 2: Could tell Marte with his tenth home run of the season, two runs shot four hundred and nine feet a laser to left center field in the eighth inning, and that put the Diamondbacks up four to one. Image She and the six and the third innings when tode to toy with Eduardo Rodriguez, the left tender, though well, had the Dodgers all number all night six innings, one run, five hits, struck out three along the way. The Dodgers just couldn't do anything offensively, only had five runners left on base. They were two for eight with runners in scoring position last night. As the Dodgers fall to the Diamondbacks four to one, they fall to thirty eight and twenty two on this season. They maintained though a five game lead in the division. As the Diamondbacks have their twentieth comfort behind win, they're now five and a half games back in the NL West. Dodgers back at it tonight, game two of this four game series. The newest Dodger, Eric Louer makes his second start. He is on the mound first pitch at six forty. With more we head out to the gamping Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 6: The roof will be closed again and we expect it to be closed the entire series due to the triple digit temperatures outside here in Phoenix, Arizona, Dodgers and Diamondbacks, Game two of this four game series last night, the Dodgers fell four to one. They had opportunities early in the game, just couldn't cash in, couldn't find a way to push runs across against this Diamondbacks team, and it was the home run that did in the Dodgers them at Shean pitching the best game perhaps as a major leaguer, getting into the seventh inning, retiring fifteen straight.
Speaker 7: He made two bad pitches and it cost him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it cost him, and it cost him with a club that came in last night, twenty sixth in the Major League Baseball And then home runs, well, they hit three. The Dodgers did not hit one. And as you mentioned, the Dodgers really did not help themselves at all the second inning or in the third inning for that matter, the Dodgers had eight at bats with runners in scoring position, only two hints, And for Arizona, in spite of the fact that they won, they had in the entire game two advance with runners in scoring position, did not have a base hit on that end of it. But for Arizona, their twentieth come from behind victory, that ties them for first in baseball along with the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 6: Now a lot of comeback wins and the Dodgers hoping to get far enough ahead tonight where that's not going to happen, and they're going to do it with a new alignment of.
Speaker 7: Base coaches tonight.
Speaker 6: Chris Woodward's going to move from first to third base and Pete Montero gets a chance at first tonight.
Speaker 7: Dino Ebel is off for the.
Speaker 6: Graduation of his son Trey, so just talked to Pete Montero a short time ago and he said he's going to get some guys over to second base, which hopefully is the case there. Mike Soroka, we'll get the start seven and two. Eric Lower he's two and five, And these two faced off again April seventeenth, earlier in the season, but one of the big keys for the Diamondbacks has been their play at home. In their last ten home games, they're nine to one. They've used the home run ball here. The ball does carry well when the roof is closed, and it carries well when the heat is present as well. But Nolan Arenado has four home runs against laur So that's going to be one of the keys tonight is to try to figure away to neutralize Ronado against the Dodger.
Speaker 8: Start and with the roof is closed. I mean, we think back in the history of Arizona, there were some pitchers, as it look, they did not want to pitch with the roof clothes. They wanted it open because they felt the ball was going to be traveling a little bit more So, this is a ball club that understands both the Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. It may be home runs tonight because both of the pitchers are fly ball pitchers. They do not get a lot of ground ball outs, which we can talk about a little bit later on, but this is an evening that they need Eric Lauer to come on and at least stifled him for a few winnings and give the bullpen a little bit of a breather tonight.
Speaker 6: Dodger catcher Will Smith as the night off tonight. Dalton Rushing will catch and hit eighth, and Ryan Ward is back in the lineup, fresh off hitting his first major league home run, and he feels like he's ready to go tonight after starting to get into the swing of things here at the big league level.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we saw a Ward hit the first home run last night his major league career, and then the flip sign for Arizona, Tommy Troy hit his first on top of it. So yeah, it's like, look, rockets, rid Glaire, if you will for you having to a chance to swing the bats in and have some results on top of it. The Dodgers still starting five games in front of San Diego, five and a half in front of Arizona, and Arizona keeps sneaking up and sneaking up. They won six to ten. Dodgers have been victorious in seven of their last ten.
Speaker 6: Eric Lauer against Mike Soroka Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: First pitch around the corner.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza and Chicken. The mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Wronggo Casino. Dodgers on deck coming up. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Veas checks in throughout the hour. We'll break down this pitching matchup. Charlie Steiner will stop by coming up in about twenty minutes. We've got your Otani rewind though and Kirsten Watson. We'll visit with us next. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and then Timonbacks. First pitch from Phoenix, coming up sixty. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball, leading.
Speaker 2: Up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Tuesday and night from the desert. Eric Lauer on the mound. First pitch coming up as six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani ree wide.
Speaker 7: To one pitch.
Speaker 6: He swings it, hits it a long way to left. This ball heading back toward the wall. It's gonna bounce off the track and off the wall around first and into a second with his thirteenth double of the season. Show, Hey Otani, one two to show. Hey, he'll swing and he'll bounce one slowly towards second.
Speaker 5: Show Hey running to first Bartey track, got bear handed and he dropped it.
Speaker 6: I want to be ruled a base hit an infield single for Otani.
Speaker 7: He's three for four.
Speaker 2: Show, Hey Otani goes three for four last night. Those three hits half of the Dodgers' offense last night they only had six as a team and a four to one loss to the Snakes.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson Man.
Speaker 2: Kirston now joins us from Chase Field and Arizona. Brought to my Cars for Kids, dont now Cars for Kids dot Org. Tough loss for the Dodgers last night, and she and pitched great. But the offense which exploded on Sunday Kirston against the Phillies just was nowhere to be found last night. Yeah, it really wasn't.
Speaker 9: But the thing is, it's interesting because they had opportunities early and you know when you look up with look at a matchup against Eduardo Rodriguez. You know, this is a guy that typically they get to and it's felt like the first what three innings of the game that they were trending in that right direction, but ultimately we're just unable to execute with the big hit. They had the RBI ground out that did bring in their only run. But you know, and as much as they had two hits with runners and scoring position, they weren't hits that were able to turn into run. And that is what Dave Roberts when he was talking about the offense right now, and just when you look at the makeup of this offense at the moment, you have guys who can hit for power. We've seen that in the wins. When they are hitting for power, then they're having a success. But when, unfortunately, when they're not, that is when they're finding a situation where like last night, when they're being out homeward by the other team, the other team is going to pick up the win. And so that right now, obviously the slug is an important piece of this game. Obviously you want to kind of pass the baton and get things going, but right now it did feel like that's what was missing yesterday, Dave did say, look, not every game is made the same. You need to be able to cash in situationally, which they were unable to do yesterday. But they do understand that you've got to find a way to manufacture the hard hits, but you also have to swing at good pitches. So hopefully they can do that tonight to kind of get something going.
Speaker 2: Last night and Mine Shee and pitch Well didn't get the win tonight. Eric Lauer making his second start as a Dodger.
Speaker 9: He is and you know, when you look at his first one, he was down for some time. It's being traded over for the Blue Jays. They weren't really sure what they were going to get. But for him to get through six innings is only giving up the home run that was early in the game. You know, that's kind of what they were That's what they need from a guy like Eric. He's obviously a veteran in this league. He's been very successful as a left handed pitcher. Yes this year, the numbers have not been ideal for him, but for him to take down his first start with the Dodgers, where he's getting deep into the game, where he's being efficient and effective that's exactly what they want. And even Dave and as well as the pitching coaches had been saying, you know the makeup of him, he's there, They know how good he can be. They know he was the lefty killer on the mound against the Dodgers. But right now it's more of sometimes it's just a change of scenery. It's understanding him getting back to his role of being a starter where he feels comfortable and confident in That has been huge and so now we're just seeing the results. So Dave did say this is going to be a tough lineup just against the lefties. We saw a big hit last night from Marte off of a lefty and Jack Drye, so it's it's not gonna be an easy one. But hopefully you continue to still just find ways to eat up some innings and get out there because that's what he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Gotta get that offense behind him tonight as well. Kirsten, We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still they come here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, David vessegoes one on one with Image she and speaking of the Dodger right Hander. We'll preview this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner as well. But up next at injury report and we'll check in with the manager, Dave Roberts. Lean you up to Dodgers in Diamondbacks from Phoenix, Arizona. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday nine. As we lead you out to first pitch from the Desert Dodgers and Diamondbacks Marongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for a good times. Eric Lower on the mound, first pitch, coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodger Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Taskar Hernandez on the I L with the left hamstring strain, Keiki Hernandez on the IEL with the left obleaque injury. Tyler Glass now on the IL lower back spasms. Blake Snell had those three bodies removed from his elbow. He is working his way back slowly on the sixty.
Speaker 7: Day I L.
Speaker 2: Brock Stewart on the I L with the left bone spur and when Diaz il recovering from elbow surgery. He is ahead of where Blake Snell is. Tommy Edmond on the sixty day IL recovering from off season ankle surgery. He's in Oklahoma City working his way back. He's been about in the Oka See for a week now on a minor league rehab assignment. All right, let's head back out to the desert and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 7: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 10: Yeah, certainly this game, you know, as much as you want to, you can talk about, you know, the good at bats and things like that, moving the ball forward, but it is slug, you know. And then those guys showed it last night with some homers. But you know, when you do get opportunities, you got to be able to cash in. Situationally, it's hard to understand that slug is a part of the game and is a big part of it. But to try to you know, manufacture, that is hard. You gotta just still swing a good pitchers.
Speaker 2: Tommy haven't played center field down tle A. What's the reports you're getting?
Speaker 11: How far away is he?
Speaker 10: He's good. I still think it's gonna be the full three weeks for Tommy. But yeah, he's gonna play. He's gonna play second, I think tomorrow. Then he'll kick over to third and then play a little bit of the left, play some center. So I think the Lion's share will be second.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 5: Is it strange for you to see these guys show up after not seeing them and you know Spring Chain guys like Nac and Bondy.
Speaker 10: Miller, it is it is, you know, Yeah, it's just it's it's unfortunate that they're they're not healthy, and it is fortunate that we have a lot of guys that can kind of backfill. But it is good seeing those guys. Haven't seen them all. I've seen some of those guys. But it's a nice kind of reprieve or break for those guys while we're in town to pop over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dodgers able to do that. Having Camelback Ranch about thirty minutes away from Chase Field in Arizona, Dave Roberts and the Dodgers pitching coaches are able to get their eyes on the Dodgers injured pitchers who are trying to work their way back from injuries. Well, we come back. We will check in with David Za. We lead you out to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Phoenix. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. On this Tuesday night Game two, there's four game set from the Desert. Eric Lauer on the Mount Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpato, born in LA and made for your game day. A Potel brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas, and hot sauces right to your table every single time Il Poto. It's gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David base right DV.
Speaker 2: We heard about Kyle Tucker taking VP yesterday on the field we usually when in something like that for a guy like Kyle Tucker, that means he's in a funk. And right now Kyle Tucker's in a slump.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say that he really hasn't gotten on track this season. Every time you feel like he's turning the corner for you know, a fifteen game stretch of getting on base at a four hundred clip, he takes two steps backwards and here we are again. He's sitting two thirty six on the season and his ops is in the low seven hundreds. Obviously, he's not going to be a forty homer guy and drive in one hundred runs, but the Dodgers expect more from Kyle Tucker. And when I asked Dave Roberts about the fact that Tucker is swinging at the first pitch over fifty percent of the time compared traditionally to the rest of his career at about thirty five percent, he said, that's a symptom of being anxious.
Speaker 11: And wanting to get the bat over with.
Speaker 5: So I guess maybe until that stops, we won't know whether or not Kyle Tucker is in a good spot in the batter's box. But the one thing Everybody from teammates to Dave Roberts have told me Tim it's not about adjusting to a new.
Speaker 11: Team or a new environment.
Speaker 5: This is strictly about him not finding himself so far in the batter's box consistently, and last night he showed a lot of frustration after the game when he was asked about it.
Speaker 2: Well, David is brought to you by Ford. Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that give it everything. Today, we'll pay off tomorrow those who will drive America Ford for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American value for American Values. Goudio, Southern California, Ford Dealer Today or visit by Ford now dot com for more information. It's start number two for left hander Eric Lauer, who looked pretty good in his first start around for the Dodgers. DV Yeah.
Speaker 5: Remember we talked to Mark Pryor before his first Dodger start and he emphasized that the tweaks they were making with Eric Lauer wasn't so much about the mechanics. It was more about what pitches played the best off his fastball, and it turned out to.
Speaker 7: Be his curveball.
Speaker 5: He threw it nineteen times against the Rockies in that sixth inning start. He had not thrown it that many times in a start this season. And he actually told me on the last homestand that, you know, it's amazing that the curveball played as well as it did off the fastball, and he didn't really have an answer on why he didn't throw it more When he was with the Blue Jays. It seemed like the Blue Jays de emphasized to him using the curveball, while the Dodgers have re emphasized us it using it. So I think tonight's gonna be interesting to see whether or not he does the same thing that he did against the Rockies against a team that doesn't hit a lot of home runs but certainly has a better lineup than the Rockies.
Speaker 2: So doubt we'll see what he can do tonight against the Snakes. David appreciate what check back in with you just a little bit coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from imag Sheean. Charlie Steiner stops by as well, but up next You're Dodgers Magical moment as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the desert. First pitch of six forty. I'm Tim Kats's is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbags on this Tuesday night, Eric Lauer and Michael Siroka the bitchy matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers between the two of them coming up in just a little bit. Also here from Emma Sheehan. First pitch sat for six forty.
Speaker 12: I had all with a hot dog who wants.
Speaker 2: A hot cut.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers take it on the Diamondbacks and go back to August thirty first, last year, Dodgers at home against the Snakes. Will Smith with a walk off.
Speaker 8: Oh tiny's talking a bat They would walk him intentionally?
Speaker 1: Smith drilled what field it is gone?
Speaker 13: Will Smith Captain Clutch with a walked off home run in the bottom of the ninth inning. He rolls the Sirtist teammates are waiting at home because it's time for.
Speaker 7: All of us to go home.
Speaker 13: Benshit walk off home run number four in Will Smith's career, and it saves the game and the series.
Speaker 2: For the Dodgers. Will Smith with the walk off home run in the ninth inning to give the Dodgers a crucial win in the NL West Race. That Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Charlie Steiner. It leads up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the Desert. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Tack on your home for the Blue Season Law Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks saw this Tuesday nights, Game two of this four games set. Eric Lauer, Michael Sarroka. The pitching matchup time now for the Verizon startup is we are about thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now for Verizon. You can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your soul call for Rising Store. Today we welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, Today, of course is Luke Garrick Day. All players, coaches, managers around Major League Baseball are wearing number four. It is ALS Awareness Day. June second, nineteen twenty five, the day after Wally Pip took himself out of the Yankee lineup with a headache. Garrick's consecutive game streak began to run two one hundred and thirty games and mo a three forty lifetime hitter, four hundred and ninety three home runs nineteen hundred ninety five areis we forget how great he was because most fans of this generation know Luke Grigg as a disease more than one of the great players of all time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was also a very big guy and recently went back at the Hall of Fame looked at a couple of different things, including with gerrig and DiMaggio and a couple of other players Ted Williams and not to be dropping names, but the impact that they made on the game. And you're absolutely right, we lose sight of the fact so many times about what Garrett Luke Garrig actually did as a player to set the standard on really excellent play and constant play.
Speaker 12: For seventeen years.
Speaker 7: And thirty games.
Speaker 12: He passed away on this day from complications of als. And you know, on this day, June second, nineteen thirty five, Babe Ruth retired as a member of the Boston Braids from Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: You know, he's the.
Speaker 12: First base coach of the Brooklyn Dodgers back in nineteen thirty eight. And so for those in the horoscopes, June second is quite an eventful day.
Speaker 8: You know, Charlie one. A little adendum on the Babe Ruth. He was actually going to retire three weeks sooner than that. Babe Ruth was forty years of age at the time. The team owner persuaded him to continue to play because Boston had not played in every National League bump park at the present time. So Babe Ruth held off his retirement by three weeks at the suggestion of the owner of the ball club.
Speaker 12: Well, the Dodgers lost last night four to one. She and pitch very well, retiring sixteen of the first seventeen batters he would face six and the third innings a couple of earned runs, three hits, two home runs. He has given up eleven home runs in fifty eight innings.
Speaker 7: But all in all is a pretty good outict.
Speaker 8: Yeah, was, and just the three hints, But if we look at two of the three hints, I mean their home runs, the pitch were not good pitches. In type ball games, Dodgers had opportunities they just did not cash in. They were two for eight with runners in scoring position Arizona thanks to the three home runs that they hit in the ball game, they had only two advants the entire game with a runner in scoring position did not have a base hit at all. But you know, Arizona, don't take them for granted, because you know, you start to look at what they've been able to do in particular, you know, since losing that opening series open up the season at Dodgers Stadium, they've won thirteen in the last sixteen games against teams in the Western Division.
Speaker 12: And they're twelve and five in their last seventeen And with an asterisk, they won five of seven against Colorado and all six against San Francisco. Well, you get your wins wherever you can, and they were certainly able to pick on the little ones. And tonight it's going to be Eric lawer go on against Mike Soroka lower in the second start with the Dodgers. Soroca seven and two and a three.
Speaker 1: And a quarter.
Speaker 12: Er Flower's been around now eight season San Diego, Milwaukee, in Toronto, and in his first start last week for the Dodgers, are running four hits in six innings against Colorado.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a couple of things with Lauer. He gave up a home run in his first start with the Dodgers where he went six innings, and it gave up four hits in those six innings. But that's twelve home runs he's allowed combined with his appearances for the Toronto Blue Jays. So the keep the ball in the ballpark. We thought the Arizona ball club would keep the ball in the ballpark last night, but that was not the case. You know, they hit three home runs and they came in twenty sixth in baseball in the home run department, but didn't show up that way last night.
Speaker 12: The Dodgers are second and the majors in home runs and with eighty three, the Diamondbacks have fifty two. Yet last night at thirteenth trank Diamondbacks at least in the home run department. In the National League out home are the Dodgers. Over the course of the season, the Dodgers lead the majors and run differential by one hundred and twenty six. Dodger offense, Well, let's check in on Otani. He's been on base in seventeen straight games, during which time he's hit three eighty six, four home runs, fifteen RBIs, eleven extra base hits. He's second in the league and on base percentage at four to h seven. Bets is still struggling. He's at one ninety six. Tucker is struggling two thirty eight his last six games. He's three out of twenty three. And there's Paez.
Speaker 7: Every time you look around.
Speaker 12: Pajes' his name pops up one for four last night, hitting two to ninety three on the season, he leads the National League.
Speaker 7: In fact, he.
Speaker 12: Leads Major League Baseball with fifty runs batted in.
Speaker 8: Just let me give the Dodger fans a heads up because the AULTAR balloting starts this week. It's going to be announced Andy PAHs name should be on that All Star ballot, regardless if you're a Dodger fan or a fan of an a the ball club. If you're a baseball fan, you look at the numbers, the way Ponte has is played, He's going to make a trip to the All Star Game.
Speaker 12: Half It doesn't outfield assists to boot. He's been sensational. It really has been a legitimate All Star through the second.
Speaker 7: Day of June.
Speaker 12: Well, it's game two of the four game series the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks in Sulttree, Phoenix.
Speaker 7: Why have the first pitch coming up?
Speaker 1: Tim?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uloklow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uloklow dot com. Slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper this pitching match up, Tim and Rick, we'll have the keys to the game. But I'm next. We go high and tie with Emmett shean fish well last night, but at a losing effort Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Keateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondback Squaring Off Eric Lauer and Michael Soroka. The pitching Matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, today's a very special day in Major League Baseball as we commemorate Lou Carrig Day. Obviously, Lou Garrick died of ALS, and Major League Baseball still shines a light on that to try to find a cure for that horrible disease. And a man that carries that with him each and every day because on his glove he has the word k ALS and that is Dodgers starter Emmitt Shean.
Speaker 11: Emmett.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time, Hey, David, no problem.
Speaker 5: This is something that I became more aware of because Major League Baseball statistician Sarah Langs has ALS and she always on your start day posts a picture of your glove.
Speaker 11: Why is ALS near and dear to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sarah's awesome. She she's a great, great advocate. So yeah, for me ALS, I didn't know much about it until I got to Boston College. And then you know, Pete Frady's who was a BC baseball player, got als and he was around when I was there, so everyone had KLS on their gloves, and the Freddy's family was really close to the program. And and yeah, unfortunately lost Pete a few years ago, but yeah, it's it's stuck with me since then, and I just wanted to keep it going into Pro Bowl.
Speaker 5: That name sounds familiar with all of us because I believe Pete was involved in the ice Bucket Challenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he was. Actually him and one other person or maybe just him started the ice Puget Challenge, So that was how you know, all that started and it went viral. So he was he was also you know, an amazing advocate for you know, ALS research and trying to find a cure. So yeah, he's use the best.
Speaker 5: So when you have k ALS on your glove, it's not just for Pete, it's for everybody that suffers from the ALS disease. Do you realize how much that means to those that do have ALS?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm just grateful to have a platform and to be able to, you know, spread a message like that. I think it's it's cool to be able to do that. And yeah, I think we have a responsibility as as you know, major League baseball players who try to do some good and for me, that's that's, you know, trying to spread awareness by ALS.
Speaker 5: Can you describe the family of Boston College because doing this seems like it is a close knit family.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm still you know, in touch with all the guys that were in my class. We text every day. We're talking about the final series right now, and it's like, you know, I know a lot of schools it's not like that. Still keep in touch with all the coaches, and yeah, it was a family for sure.
Speaker 11: And man, Shean is our guest on Lou Garrig Day.
Speaker 5: Since you did pitch in college baseball US in La are a little shook that the number one team UCLA got knocked out before even able to leave Jackie Robinson Stadium. How much did you pay attention to that. How much will you pay attention to the College World Series?
Speaker 11: I was a little more.
Speaker 4: Focused on BC Series.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: They unfortunately lost to Liberty to to get knocked out the other day, but yeah, it was It was a great team this year, so it was exciting to watch.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the u C.
Speaker 4: I watched a couple of the UCLA games. I think they were during our game, so I didn't get to see it, but I saw the highlights and yeah, uh they were they were really good teams, so that was pretty surprising.
Speaker 8: Hey have it.
Speaker 5: You're coming off your best start of the season to a lot of us.
Speaker 11: Do you feel the same way? Was that the best that you felt on the mount?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: I think delivery mechanics wise, is definitely the best I felt. You know, I think execution wasn't as good as some other starts, but I got away with it because the stuff was up a little bit. But yeah, just trying to put it all together and and stay consistent with the delivery and you know, hopefully the execution follows.
Speaker 5: That must have meant a lot to you to be able to be trusted to go out for that seventh inning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, it means a lot. That that doc had that trust in me, and yeah, I'm just trying to earn more trust like that. But yeah, it was it was cool to get to do that.
Speaker 5: Now earlier today, the day after your start, you go out to the bullpen without a baseball. They called that some dry work. Is that something that you do after every start?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's it's you know, here and there. It depends on, you know, how many days in the week I have. Sometimes I'll throw the day after I start. If I've you know, five days between starts. If if i have six, like this time, which I think it is, I'll you know, probably won't pick up a baseball, go throw some plyo balls around and just try to you know, fiel it out with the delivery.
Speaker 5: Are you trying to keep the feel of yesterday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. I mean, uh yeah, it felt felt good out there. I was able to keep the vlow later in the start, which you know, I was looking forward fast to you. So yeah, it's felt good.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go. Justin Robleski has been phenomenal for you guys. Today he's throwing a bullpen session. Has he taught the rest of the starters something about attacking the strike zone to stay in the game like you did yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he's been incredibly efficient this year, which I think we're all trying to do. Yeah, he's great at getting soft contact and and it's it's, you know, something we can all learn from for sure, every time we watch watch him pitch and staying on the on the attack, whether you know, no matter what happens during the start, I think it's that's something we're all trying to do.
Speaker 5: Do you have a laptop program like he does after every start?
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I just I mainly just watch watch videos of the hitters.
Speaker 5: But yeah, all right, Emitt, thanks for the time. And I think everybody that knows you knows how big of a heart you have and how much you think of everybody else. And today on Luke Gerrigg Day, it does mean a lot for us to shine a light on the big heart that you have for those that do have als and obviously keeping the spirit of the Boston College family alive every day.
Speaker 11: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 4: Thanks, David, appreciate it, appreciate the opportunity to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Image she and it has been our guest. He'll receive a gift card to Travis Matthew Lifestyle Work Golf. Travis Matthew has you covered. It'll have image she and covered down in the South Bay. I'll send back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot DV. Thank you Emmett for sharing with everybody about that. Leaning you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Tuesday night. Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Tuesday night as the Dodgers look to get back on the winning track after losing the series opener last night to the Snakes. First pitch coming up at six point forty, and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Mike Soroka on the mound for the Arizona Diamondbacks seven to two of the three twenty five e R twenty eight year old right hander in his ninth season, now in the Big Leagues the Braves, the White Sox, the Nationals, the Cubs, and now his first season with the Diamondbacks. His last start, he earned his team a seventh win on May twenty seventh, two earned runs over six innings, four hits, three strikeouts. He has one of two Diamondbacks to record seven wins in their first eleven starts with the franchise. He joins Daniel Hudson as the only other player to do that back in twenty ten. He has now surrendered a walk in without a walk in thirteen consecutive innians. Since May seventeenth, against the Rockies, he has held righties to a one to ninety seven batting average with twenty eight strikeouts this season. His slurve pitch that he throws he throws about thirty four percent of the time, holding opponents to a two to ten batting average with thirty two strikeouts. This is his third start fourth appearance against the Dodgers, is no wins, no losses, three sixty ERA and opponent's one ninety two batting average against them. He matched the career high with ten strikeouts in his last start against the Dodgers last June, when he was a member of the Washington Nationals. Eric Lower on the Mountain for the Dodgers, yeah thirty year old left tender ninth season the big League. He's two and five overall the five to ninety five r Ray Padres, Brewers, Blue Jays, and now the Dodgers, who acquired him on a deal on May seventeenth, making his eighth start this year, his second with the Blue with Toronto one and five with an er in near seven in eight games last time out. First start with the Dodgers was really good six innings, one run, four hits, four strikeouts in picking up the victory over Colorado. He has last faced the Diamondbacks earlier this year on April seventeenth, as a member of the Blue Jays. He suffered the loss after giving him three earned runs on five hits, including one home run, four strikeouts in a walk. It was his fourth start of the season with the Blue Jays. He pitched against the Snakes now eleven times ten starts in his career overall, four and five with a two sixty three RORA and sixty three strikeouts so Eric Lower looking to repeat what he did in his first start in a Dodger uniform, going up against Mike Soroco, who's been really good for the Snakes this year. Dodgers Diamondbacks. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 2: Lean you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Tuesday night at Eric Lauer. After his Dodger debut of six innings, one run, four hits, four strikeouts against the Rockies on May twenty six, back at it tonight. It is second start. We're in the All Grays for the Dodgers tonight against Michael Soroka. First pitch coming up at six forty. Getting ready for the start of the game where the Sapporo starts. A great moment. Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference. Saporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. It's head back out to the booth, Tim nevertt Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we're getting you ready for the start of this one at Chase Field and Phoenix. Eric Lower, the left hander, makes his second start with the Dodgers. Overall, his combined numbers with Toronto two and five and a five nine to five ERA. He has allowed twelve home runs this year, and one of them off the bat of Nolan Ornado on the seventeenth of April, so he's already faced this team once before with the Blue Jays.
Speaker 8: One thing to look at for Lower's first pitch, and Arizona has some guys including good Tell Martine at the top of the order. They love to swing at the first pitch because the first offering by Lower this year has been hit at a five twenty two batting average against. And his starts combined, one with the Dodgers and the rest with the Toronto Blue Jays.
Speaker 6: And Soroka has not been walking people this year. He's gone fifty straight batters without issuing a walk. He's got a career low walk rate entering this game, so the Dodgers will probably have to get aggressive against Mike Soroka Dodgers and Diamondbacks lineups. First pitch, coming up.
Speaker 2: All right, Dodgers and Diamondbacks, who are five and a half games back of the Blue, going into action, keeping an eye on what happened with the San Diego Padres, who have now gone final in Philadelphia. The Fighting Phils helping out the Dodgers tonight with a three to two win over the Padres. So the Padres fall to thirty two and twenty seven on this season. The Dodgers, for the moment, pick up a half game on San Diego, who are five and a half games back. They've now lost three in a row. Dodgers can make it more with a win tonight. Eric Lauer on the Mount, Michael Siroka will go for the snakes when we come back. Enjoin everybody. Davin Bassday's got you with the postgame when it's all over. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network