Speaker 1: It'smo Joe on the Morning show.
Speaker 2: You're the type ana that when you're fueling up, you actually talk to the people at the pump.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I liked talking to people, but I was actually inside getting a speedy freeze.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Because it was so hot out, and I was talking to the woman who was behind the counter. Beautiful, I would say, like middle aged woman. And I don't know how we got to this topic, but she was telling me that this is her summer side hustle. So she is a teacher and she does this during the summer to make extra cash. And she said she would just get too bored. Wow, if she had to sit home for three months. She said, her kids are older, she doesn't have grandkids yet, so she works at speedway.
Speaker 2: It's intest Well that's that's an interesting Uh. Well, I guess you know, you want a little extra money, or you want to be able to make somebody to be able to pay those bills. Teacher's not getting paid the money that they deserve. But I always wondered with teachers, what when I was a kid, Remember when you see your teacher out in public, out of the wild, so to speak, that like not in the classroom or at school. When you would see your teacher at a restaurant or you'd see him at the grocery store or whatever, you got so excited. So I always wondered, like, what did teachers do during the summertime? I thought they just slept at school. Do we have any teachers listening right now? I'd love to know from you. And I know yesterday at this time, we had that guy teacher right the middle school guide teacher that called up. I can't remember what his name, Mark, Andrew. How do you remember those names? That's amazing. But he was telling us that he was gonna for the first time in his long teaching career, he was going to just take the summer off and be easy.
Speaker 4: My kind of teacher, I know, like you just say it, underpay, undervalue. They worked the ass off obviously. You know, you gotta do what you gotta do, but to have a few months to yourself. Yeah, the kind of teachers.
Speaker 2: A four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight is our telephone number. If you're a teacher, what do you do during the summer? What's your your summer thing? And are you already well? I guess if you're already done for summer, you're not. You're not waking up right now.
Speaker 5: I think they just don't get paid for three months.
Speaker 2: I think my sister Pat when she my sister Pat taught for many many years in the Chicago public schools, she would choose to have her pay over the course of twelve months instead of yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh you can do that.
Speaker 2: She would Yeah, they had a union and all that stuff, so they would and so basically it was kind of the tracks coming in. Yeah, so I I uh, I think that I think tax wise was better for her, But I don't know. I didn't know the ramifications of that. But now all I want is a slushy or speedy free.
Speaker 1: Speed stores of speed Way, is it seven eleven?
Speaker 3: I think it depends because sometimes it's all on if if it's like, how long has it been going around in that thing?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Because it's syrupy and so too liquity.
Speaker 5: It could be too frozen. I have had good.
Speaker 3: Experiences at Speedway, though, flavor always coke and cherry. But the seven eleven Downtown has all the fagel flavors, which is cool, Like they have burners red pops they have, so I.
Speaker 1: Think it's today.
Speaker 2: Slurpiece from seven to eleven are the best, but the pop at Speedway is actually not bad. The Fountain Pop is not bad. The only problem with seven eleven is people leave it a mess and the guy behind the counter never cleans it, like he leads everywhere. Drives me crazy. Hold on, Amelia is a teacher?
Speaker 1: What's up? Amelia? How are you?
Speaker 5: First time?
Speaker 6: Long time?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Guys are still in school right, That's why I'm assuming that you're calling right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, when is your school over?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Tomorrows or last day?
Speaker 1: Yay? How excited are you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: This is like my first year of teaching, so very much break.
Speaker 1: And what will you do during the summer.
Speaker 6: I just go back to my.
Speaker 5: Old retail job because, like all my friends are there, it's mindless work.
Speaker 1: I'm not dealing with.
Speaker 7: Kids all day, so I just do that.
Speaker 1: What is your old retail job? What do you do? You work at a mall or something?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I work at a mall.
Speaker 7: I work at like a like active wear store, So I guess that just.
Speaker 2: Atta atleta quick question for you, do you ever get moms that come in during the summertime.
Speaker 8: No, not really actually, thankfully I know.
Speaker 5: More students.
Speaker 1: What do you teach? What? What your grade do you teach?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: So I teach high school.
Speaker 8: So I teach and you were like ninth grade of twel twelfth grade, and then I teach like whole economics.
Speaker 1: Can I be honest with you?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine Kevin in high school having Amelia as your teacher?
Speaker 4: Oh know how she looks, But I mean you assume right, she's young, you know in her and her.
Speaker 2: In her athletic outfits, super young teaching.
Speaker 1: Have you ever got hit on by any your students?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately?
Speaker 1: How do you handle you it down?
Speaker 6: I told him no, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Not wearing her yoga pants.
Speaker 8: So I were purpose like old frippy clothes, like old lady clothes, like I have sure wardrobe, and then I.
Speaker 6: Have like my workout like everyday clothes.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just yeah, we're being younger and working with high schoolers, so that's.
Speaker 6: Like about ry set.
Speaker 5: I'm wearing like catchy kiss fun up.
Speaker 1: Shirt like Joe.
Speaker 2: When he was in school, Joe had a hot gym teacher and the boys all loved the gym teachers. I was like, Joe, why are you taking gym class now for the fourth year in a row. It's like an elective. What's up, Denise?
Speaker 1: How you doing? I'm good?
Speaker 6: How are you today?
Speaker 1: Fantastic? You're almost down with school? Right, today's the last day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do a few more hours.
Speaker 1: And what do you do during in the summertime? All right?
Speaker 8: So I have a side hustle. I do, you know, decorate sugar cookies for graduation parties and weddings and that.
Speaker 1: And then when I'm not doing that, I am at the pool, I'm with my friends, reading books, going to the bathroom whenever I want I want.
Speaker 5: That sounds like a perfect summer.
Speaker 1: I never realized.
Speaker 2: I never realized as a teacher, though, you really can't go to the bathroom whenever you want to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: That's true. You know what's fun?
Speaker 6: So this is like luxury.
Speaker 2: So Denise, aunt pat my sister was the school teacher. She taught third grade for gosh countless years. But when people would ask her what she was doing during the summer, she says, I'm working, And they said working on what?
Speaker 1: She goes working on my tan.
Speaker 2: She was was her little apartment condo complex that she lives in had to pool right across the street from where she lived.
Speaker 1: She'd be like hanging out there noon every day.
Speaker 2: Lavonia, we have like three or four different swim clubs, so that is where every teacher is at every day in the summer.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Deserve it, Yeah, enjoy, Yes, have a great summer. Bye. Hold on, Tyler is a teacher? What's up Tyler?
Speaker 6: Going on?
Speaker 1: Happening? We're looking for? This is a wild one.
Speaker 2: We're talking about what do you do during the summertime or teacher side hustles?
Speaker 1: What is yours?
Speaker 6: I'm a bouncer okay.
Speaker 1: At like a bar or what we're at?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a nightclub?
Speaker 1: Lub can I can?
Speaker 2: I be honest though, I was like asking that question because what it would would it be like if Tyler is a teacher and he's a bouncer at like a strip club or something like that, and the Dad show on my place not.
Speaker 6: A strip club.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any parents?
Speaker 6: No parents, But I have had former students to come in, which has been a little bit awkward.
Speaker 1: Any of them under age and you know they got a fake ID.
Speaker 6: No, thankfully, thankfully, Not.
Speaker 1: That I'm aware of that would be wild.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, you're like, wait a second, you were just a senior ago, what's going on?
Speaker 1: That's you know what? That sounds like.
Speaker 2: It would be kind of a cool is I guess be a bouncer? Would that be a cool job? Is that a good thing to have?
Speaker 6: It's issue money? To be honest, you're problem. You're really just people watching make sure people aren't doing anything just stupid.
Speaker 2: How how often do you get it? Get a crazy situation happened to you.
Speaker 6: Once? Every couple of weeks. Maybe I had to go to court one time because I got assaulted by a customer, but that was about it.
Speaker 2: Whoa male or female assault you?
Speaker 6: Crazy enough?
Speaker 8: It was a.
Speaker 1: Female, that's what? Yeah, watch out what she hit.
Speaker 8: You with.
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Oh we are out there biting.
Speaker 5: Vampire where she bites you at.
Speaker 6: She bit my arm, my coworker's ankle, and then at one point she was she was so intoxicated she was chewing on a windshield.
Speaker 4: You had a zombie, bro, She's not real God.
Speaker 1: Winshield White, I'm getting a Tyler.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the call, man, have the best summer, buddy. Appreciate you, teacher Tyler thank you. Teacher by day, bouncer by night. Hold On, Amber has to say something to us about slurpees at seven eleven in Speedway.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Amber?
Speaker 8: Hi, good morning morning. I wanted I had heard you guys comparing seven eleven and speedway slurpees, and I just wanted to call to inform you that seven eleven actually now owns Speedway.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I you know, I cann't hate it happens.
Speaker 7: If you notice when you go into Speedway, you'll notice that some of the chips and items now say like seven select. That means that it's a seven eleven product that's now in.
Speaker 8: A speedway because they're together.
Speaker 2: Now, I think there's too much. You can't do this. You cannot fornicate my speedway and seven eleven. I need competitiveness. I need them to be competitive so they stay good. Otherwise we get the same crap at every place.
Speaker 1: I hate that. Hey, don't don't shoot the messenger. All right, Well, thank you for the call.
Speaker 2: I amburn telling us that now I'm never going to be able to try a slurpee at either location without thinking of that good because they'll in my head psychologically, it won't be how about if McDonald's and Burger King got together.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Know, they can only do so much. All right, it's Mojo in the morning. I'm gonna go take a break care I got to chew on my win.