Speaker 1: Hey, fan, welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Amphitheater. Five Figure Death Punch will be there August eighteenth. Motley Crew will be there on August twenty First Player on September fourth. Get the complete details on all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at KFE dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to the Power to A Morning to Show. The room is starting to fill up. Ben Lieber is now here.
Speaker 3: Hi, Ben, good morning, Hey, good morning guys, good to see us morning. This is a little over an hour from now.
Speaker 4: Michael Jammusman the Third, Ben Liber Ben Leber, Michael J. Musman, the Third.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not talking right now. No, no, oh, this is game fa Yeah, yeah, this is this is mental intimidation. You didn't psychology.
Speaker 4: You didn't look at Max when you walk past him either.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we haven't talked to him. No, Hi to Max. I actually broke Muss's glasses just to like really become the bully on the playground. Yeah, big hug, and it was too much. Big hug, break glass, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Ben Lever, Scott Taylor, Scott, Mike Mussman, Scott Taylor, Scott Taylor, Mike Mussman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have to hit the on button. There we go.
Speaker 4: There you Scott, how are you?
Speaker 5: Oh, this is my first time here. I don't know all this fancy stuff. It's not that fancy, see it. It's great to be here.
Speaker 3: Good to see it, great to be here.
Speaker 2: We have you on about once a year to promote Abby's hope, and it sounds like it's right around the corner.
Speaker 3: Well we are.
Speaker 5: This is a really, really busy summer for us. We've got a lot going on. You know, this summer has been kind of weird. We've had more drownings this year. With all the heat, people are heading to the water, and you know, there's been some recent tragedies, as you've all covered on the news and talked about. Probably, but I don't I don't want to talk about too much of the negative side of it and you know, keep people from going to the water.
Speaker 3: I want to talk positively.
Speaker 5: You know, there's so many things out there that you can do to prevent drowning, uh, you know, starting with lessons, starting with basic waters safety. But one of the main things is supervision. And I think that you know, we go to the pool, or we go to the beach. We expect that the lifeguard is going to just take care of our kids. And the lifeguards should be the last line of defense. It should be parents and caregivers and you know, grandparents, nannies and whatnot. Need to have active supervision. Put the phone away, just watch your kids. Make sure you know, never go swimming alone. Always make sure you get a buddy. That kind of stuff. We want people to enjoy it. I mean, I spend a lot of time at the pool. My kids all grew up swimming. We got three lifeguards in the family. You know, it's just part of our DNA and every time we read about somebody who you know, as a boating accident and wasn't wearing a life jacket, it freaks us out because it's very preventable. So we got July twenty fifth. This is new for me. It's the World Drowning Prevention Day. This is across the country and a lot of big cities are doing They're going to light the landmarks blue. So here in Minneapolis, I think the I thirty five Bridge, the Capella Tower, and US Bank are all going to like the blue. And it's just a way of recognizing, you know, drowning prevention, but also just putting it, you know, right in the front of your head so that you're thinking about it whenever you go to the lake and whatnot. So that's one thing that's coming up.
Speaker 6: You're bit of your one hundred percent correct, Scott. I never thought of it that the lifeguard is the last line of defense, like you have all these especially like now that Louis is out and about at pools, like you know, he fell in like it's a foot and a half foot pool, but like my wife casually got in, picked him up and sticks in him back up. But like the lifeguard being the last line of hope is a big thing I never thought of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And and I was so happy to see you in the pool with Louis. Not necessarily you in the pool a man. Yeah, that was a little shocking.
Speaker 3: We get to the.
Speaker 5: Deep end quicker than I, but it was it was good to see you getting some basic water safety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lessons for Louis.
Speaker 5: The most important thing is to be able to teach your toddle or just to flip over yep, and if possible, just to float long enough so that somebody can get there. The stories the Sheer volume of stories of kids that have walked out the sliding glass still were in the backyard and just plopped into the pool and no one even knows. And it's very quiet right now. There's none of the Hollywood you know, screaming and yelling.
Speaker 3: You know, I know a lot of this is focused on the kiddos in our lives, but this is actually a big deal for adults. Are you surprised by the number of adults that don't just have basic water safety techniques and have never learned how to swim? I was shocked when I first got into this.
Speaker 5: Obviously, this is not something that my wife and I ever chose we were going to do, and our daughter was heard in a pool a drain issue.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a drowning.
Speaker 5: But we figured out that this space it's the leading cause of death accidental death for kids under the age of fourteen. But the sheer number of adults that don't know how to swim was shocking to me. A lot of it is cultural, and we discovered very early on when we were working with the YMCA and other organizations to put swimming lessons together provide swimming lessons, and we're well over fifty thousand swimming lessons that we've provided with our partners. The one thing that we found was that their parents had never learned how to swim. And maybe they were immigrant parents, maybe they just in their communities, you know. I remember a director at the YMCA when they were kids were picking swimsuits out of a bonder basket. So why are they doing that? Where's their swimsuit? These kids don't have swimsuits. If their parents have ten bucks, they're not buying a swimsuit. They're buying food, They're buying whatever else. So I looked at it the parents and the parents were the same way, and their grandparents never learned how to swim. So it's been a something that was very eye opening to me. I will tell you that one of our life jacket giveaways we had given away, we had fit some kids, the youngest kids in a family, an immigrant family from India, I believe, and we fit the kids with life jackets, and then one of the older siblings said, you know, can I get one? And then dad said, you know, can I get one? Before we knew it, we had put twelve people, including grandma and grandpa, into life jackets and we got a picture from them later that summer. It was the first time they had gone to a cabin and everybody got to enjoy the lake because no one knew how to swim. And unfortunately there's stories of one family member going in after the other and you know, drowning. There's I can't remember that, I may have this wrong, but it was like the Mississippi five or something, where five members of a family kept going in to try and rescue somebody and before you knew it, there.
Speaker 3: Were five people at the bottom of the league. Wow.
Speaker 5: So you know, And again I may have the details of that wrong, but that gives you an example. So yes, and there are pros out there. There are organizations that teach people how to swim, adults too. And you don't have to become an Olympic swimmer. You have to become you know, be able to right yourself. But also when you're on a boat, put a life jacket on. You know, it doesn't matter if you're a Olympic swimmer at that point if you get into an accident, most recently that one on Lake Pepin. There were people there and knew how to swim. Unfortunately they got into an accident. They hit their head whatnot. They go under, they don't come back up. So it's been an interesting learning curve for us, and we're just promoting it. We now have a new thing called a life a jacket loaner station. We've built these loaner stations. They're amazing. They're almost like miniature sheds that go into these that will go into these parks, and we're going to give away life jackets. We're just gonna put them there and we're going to say, if you're here at the beach and you're here at the lake, take a life jacket. If you don't have one, you know, wear it and then bring it back.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like those mini libraries that people put up.
Speaker 3: You just take a book, leave a book. That whole bit.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what the initial thought was. And we didn't invent this. Somebody else has done this. This is something that's happened around the country and that's something in this space, this water safety space is if somebody comes up with a good idea, we're like, take it, run with it, just make it your own. And so yeah, we've got five of them ready to go. We've run into a little bureaucratic issue with some of the parks and whatnot. So we're working on getting those things installed, but they're ready to go. And I would say, anybody out there who is you know, a county, state park, beaches, whatnot. You want to you want to life jacket Loner station, reach out to us at abbysop dot org and we'll see if we can. You know, we'll bring it to you and then all you got to do is install it and mount it. It's great, you know, we're really excited about it. I got one last thing I want to I want.
Speaker 3: To talk about.
Speaker 5: There's another friend of ours who is lost to son, Jasper, and he is doing something called the wave Maker Tour, and he is going to thirty ballparks, major League ballparks in thirty days and he wants to raise six hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars for his charity. And that's the number of days that his son was alive. So he wants to raise money and he's touring the country going to ballparks. I just got to look at his itinerary. If he misses one flight, if there's a weather delay, he could be in trouble. But he's going to be here in Minneapolis at the Twins game on Friday. He's actually staying with us and he's hitting every single ballpark. I just watched a video this morning. He was in Oakland and he's going to Denver I think tomorrow. I mean, he's literally crossing the country. It's pretty exciting. So if you're down at the Twins stadium on Friday, give the guy a cheer, make a donation to his charity, and let's continue to promote water safety here in July and keep kids and adults safe.
Speaker 4: Scott, you're the best man. Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Again. If anybody wants to reach out to you, where do they actually.
Speaker 5: Www dot Abby's hoope dot org A B B E Y S h O p E dot org. And we would be happy to talk to you and share information. If you want a loner station, we can certainly do that as well. We can talk about that. We're excited. It's a busy summer. My wife is uh, well, Ben's a saint.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, for a number of reasons. I understand she's a she's an amazing woman. She's really taking this thing on and and uh and she's you know, never had to work with the government really on stuff, and it's just this permitting and I mean it's so much.
Speaker 3: You think it would just be easy, like here it is.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do is mount it to the ground, and it's just it's tough and dealing with all the rules and regulations.
Speaker 3: It's but it's exciting at the same time. Yeah, it was surprising when you said that with this the life jack at Inner Station, that you would run into bureaucratic issues like why right, you know, we're trying to do something really good and it's easy, and you guys don't do anything other than to say, like, yes, put the station here, put it right there, put it right tell us what the dig the post? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean they're they're done, they're they're painted there, and they weighed like twelve hundred pounds. I mean these things are literally designed to like withstand the tornado. And we've had a couple of really good builders around town that have helped us out with it. It's pretty exciting. I'm excited to see the first one go in. I'm not exactly sure how we're going to move it from his shop to.
Speaker 3: We haven't worked out the details on the truck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Greenway can lift up.
Speaker 3: The hatch, throw in the back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll put it back in the Honda, all right.
Speaker 2: So Abbyshope dot Org information. Yeah, Scott's the best. Hey, thank you. I'm also one last thing I noticed. I didn't get invited to the you know, the invitational.
Speaker 3: Here you weigh in.
Speaker 5: Well, well that's fair, that's fair. But I know now, I know why because these guys they'd be scared. I mean, oh, you can see the fear in their eyes.
Speaker 3: I walked in. He's like, oh is he playing? Yeah? I don't think you want me to break your glasses. All right, all right, saw Zacha.
Speaker 4: Let's do the news because it's sponsored.
Speaker 2: There's things going on, and then we'll can do sports when we get back with Saucy.
Speaker 1: This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints. Good morning, Thank you, Saint Paul Saints. I'm Zach Calverson in for Chris Hockey. Here is the news our top story of the day. Costco has added a new item to its food court menu. Here's some tasty details from Mark Mayfield.
Speaker 8: The retail giant now offers chicken strips along with its other popular food court items. According to Costco, a single order includes five large chicken breast strips and a container of dipping sauce for six dollars and ninety nine cents. Was tested in stores earlier this year, and it's now being served at Costco warehouses nationally.
Speaker 2: Mark Mefe, I was gonna say, I've seen them in there for months, so I was confused for a second. So maybe we were one of the test markets or something, because it's they've been in there for a while.
Speaker 1: What does that say about us that we were chicken tender testable crowd?
Speaker 3: Have you had them? I have not. No, They're not good. Wow what I mean pants, They're not.
Speaker 1: They're not horrible, But I will say the sauce is terrible. That comes over it like if if I could get like my choice of sauce like ranch or something, it'd be different.
Speaker 3: But I had it once and I don't need to go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Team Costco, I love Costco, Costco Whales.
Speaker 4: You just go to raising canes. What are we doing here?
Speaker 6: It's not good also, and it's also six chickens, I know, but it's six ninety nine too.
Speaker 3: Like you go to the food court for a good deal.
Speaker 1: Like pizza's like a buck, a hot dogs, a buck, the chicken ten there's I know there's five of them. That's great, but they're clearly oven baked. And oh, I'm sorry, I'm old. Actually I'm like, I like crappy food, I really do.
Speaker 3: I like, do you want Gavin to make them? Oh? Yeah, they're just not crispy enough.
Speaker 1: They're again, they taste like freezer barn and oven freezer barn, freezer burn and oven burn. They're not great growth. Maybe they've gotten better. Maybe good great for a buck. Yeah, by the way, I would say this, if these were two ninety nine, I could, I could see myself more.
Speaker 6: But there's it's seven dollars. Shocked by that pricing. Yeah, yeah, I do get that. I'm shocked. It isn't to your point, Zach, go like a buck ninety nine right that you can get up. You can get a slice of two slices of pizza and a soda for like four fifty and I.
Speaker 1: Die Cooke man, that's so good. And by the way, I still want to say thank you for switching Costco. Best decision you ever made. You're now you're backtrack.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling like the sales department can cut Costco off the call list.
Speaker 3: Yeahs.
Speaker 6: For the most part, what is going on the.
Speaker 4: Show is extremely pro Costco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, extremely. I want them to do better when it comes to chicken tenders. I don't think that's but.
Speaker 1: You're on the fence. And they got those giant cookies.
Speaker 3: Those are good. Yeah, they got rid of the churros and that was a big mistake.
Speaker 6: I mean, I love Costco, but it's not Spoon and Stable.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't like. I wouldn't even like some munch of spot Stable face e.
Speaker 2: So when Gavin shows up to play initials, potrip bets and power up quotes are going to riot and you're going to say to his face, I don't care for Spoon and Stable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not his target audience. In fact, I'm like his worst case scenario. Oh, Sundays one and I go to that place, I'm gonna be asking for everything. Very I mean, you've been there. I've not been there, but you've been to that kind of a restaurant, and it's I actually didn't go to multiple restaurants this year already that I was invited to on trips because I was too.
Speaker 3: Afraid of what I could order.
Speaker 2: Oh, you were too busy eating chicken strips at Costcos always the kids men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just get at But then they still random stuff on it. The science have all sorts of different We know.
Speaker 3: You can order it without that stuff, I know, but then I feel, No.
Speaker 6: It's your here's what I've learned, it's your experience. You're paying for it. You can ask whatever you want and don't want on it.
Speaker 2: Just don't send it back. Haven't you seen the bear? You can ask for whatever you want. And by the way, if you're like, if you're not watching campe dot com slash watch right now getting ready for the Initials Invitational in an hour, you're like, man, okay really has a hot take on Costco chicken strips and he seems very passionate about high priced stuff.
Speaker 3: Spoon and stable. Who is this guy?
Speaker 4: What kind of guy is this Zach? What kind of hat are you wearing currently?
Speaker 3: Diet Coke die hat my favorite hat.
Speaker 8: I love love the Diet CRK so much that they just gave you a hat.
Speaker 3: No, no, but they should have.
Speaker 1: If I had a rewards club for Diet Coke, which they used to have back in the day, like Camel cash, Yeah, camel cash.
Speaker 3: What this is?
Speaker 4: I just looked around the room. This is such a good.
Speaker 2: Like personification of each one of us. Sauce is wearing a San Diego Padres hat. You like sports, right me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 4: Zack's wearing a Diet Coke hat.
Speaker 3: You love Diet Coke? Ben, you have like an American flag?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: You like the United States of America? Must you have a creeks Bend hat? You like golfing a little bit? Scott, I assume that's an Abby's hope at least matches the purple on Abby's Hope hat.
Speaker 3: It's not. It's a live lucky head.
Speaker 4: It just looks like, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: It matches.
Speaker 4: So it's a color scheme. And my hat is nothing because I love nothing.
Speaker 3: Were the first time anybody in front of a mic is wearing a hat?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Goodot? Except for MAXO word MAXI, you.
Speaker 4: Didn't hear sprep for initials?
Speaker 3: Man? Max can't wear he's doing? What hat would he be? He's got a pick?
Speaker 4: He's got a pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gotta pick. Hey, Rosie, what do uh?
Speaker 1: Scott and Corey's hats have in common?
Speaker 3: They're both black? Geez Rosie not wrong, wrong, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have also taken a lot of heat about the size of competing with sauce on.
Speaker 3: I actually have a bigger, bigger head than you do. Yeah, he can't.
Speaker 6: I've worn hats playing golf of them and he can't put it on. Yeah yeah, eating a quarter yeah yeah, mind not that big yet, Scott.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever been here and had this button hit on you, but say your head size again.
Speaker 3: Eight in a quarter.
Speaker 4: That's a huge bit.
Speaker 3: Geez, thank you? How many is it? You wear it better?
Speaker 4: Saar is his?
Speaker 5: Well, so this is the only brand hat that'll fit. And I have a hat stretcher at home.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 3: Tree, you know the cedar shoe tree. You make one in the shape of a hat. It stretches it out. If I were to put this hat on you, it would come down to your nose. I swear to God it. Yeah, you do wear it well. You don't look like you have a giant melon.
Speaker 2: Well at the way there you go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your broad shoulders.
Speaker 2: All right, Belinda Jensen, Soon, Alexis huss Soon everybody else is already in the building for initials.
Speaker 4: Quarter final number two. Ben Leeber, Michael j.
Speaker 2: Musfin and Maxwell here, Zach Is here, Sausa Walker through Sport after this, Scott Taylor, thanks for your time, buddy, Power triplening show.
Speaker 4: After this on the Fan, Hey, it's Chris Hockey The Power Trip Morning Shows up.
Speaker 1: Kfan welcome some great shows to Treasure Island this year, including Gabriel Iglesias that's on July thirty.
Speaker 3: First we can half away from there.
Speaker 1: Joe Bonhamassa in Town August fifteenth, Soop Dog on September fifth, Ron White October seventeenth, Shine Down in a month I mentioned that as well. Get the complete details and all of our upcoming shows on the concert page akfe dot com your calendar.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna have to continue to shuffle microphones over the next forty five minutes because there's six of us already here and there's six microphones.
Speaker 4: But Alexus is on our way in, on our way in not like right now, but.
Speaker 2: Probably very soon. But until then, Sauce, it's not for sports.
Speaker 6: Sweet man, what Geezzach not you're mad at Costco not.
Speaker 3: Me, wish they did better, chick and covers.
Speaker 4: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 6: Ryan Fox won the Open with birdies on seventeen and eighteen to get to ten under. He beat Cam Young, who was nine under and had finished about two and a half.
Speaker 3: Hours prior to Ryan Fox winning.
Speaker 6: He was the only He was the fifth birdie on eighteen.
Speaker 3: On Sunday yesterday, sas you might be excited to hear this, this is the most golf I've watched since the Master. Can I ask you a question? Yes?
Speaker 6: Does it help because it was early in the morning, Yes, yes, it's the best.
Speaker 3: It was over at twelve thirty.
Speaker 6: It was it like when some of these majors, like when they have I'm sure I think the US Open or one of them next year is at Pebble Beach. That'll start at like four East Coast time. The final tea time will golf at four, Right, that's late. I love that it was over at twelve thirty. I love that you could get up in. Half of these guys are into their golf and whatever. But it was sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I caught myself thinking like what am I doing? Am I am I getting pulled back into this golf that world. Because I woke back, I was into it, and I think that was the issues I would wake up, I just turn it on and it was just in the background, and it was mid round, and I didn't have to waste a Saturday afternoon watching golf that I didn't really care about. But because it was on in the morning, I'm like, this is great. The leaders went off at eight twenty in the morning. Perfect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's perfect. Yeah, I loved it. It was next year it's at Saint Andrews, so that'll be elait. So yeah, I'm glad you watched it. Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It was a good sports viewing day as a whole because it kind of led right into the ind of the World Cups.
Speaker 3: So it was fun.
Speaker 6: Your Minnesota Twins got run over by the Cubs. Didn't watch that, No, I fell asleep at that. They lost two out of three, though to your the Cubs. They battled the Guardians tonight at five forty Joe Ryan goes for your twins.
Speaker 3: It's a big series probably, Yeah, like this just absolute sid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Spain beat Argentina won nothing to win the World Cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we said it earlier, but it was like it felt like it was inevitable that Spain was going to win because they were just clearly the better team, but it got dicey because if it had gone to penalty kicks, maybe it.
Speaker 4: Goes the other way. But dramatic late goal. Awesome. Do you guys see the game winning goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what an unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Header backwards that the pass was spectacular and then that dude just absolutely hammers it in after that that sweetheader. That was a super cool play. So yeah, at one point, I think it was twenty shots to zero.
Speaker 3: Spain was just dominant.
Speaker 2: They had multiple chances plenty, like the goalie for Argentina.
Speaker 3: Kept them in that game. It could have been way worse. So the better team won. And Messy he's fun to watch, but my goodness, you could just see how he was just getting so frustrated. I can't believe he is, what forty years old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is nuts that, you know, like, if you are Lebron James at forty years old, you can get the ball, right, if you're a forty year old quarterback, you get the ball. But like when you're a soccer player, like it's hard to get him the ball sometimes, So sometimes it just looks like he's standing there, like, has Messi touched the ball in the last ten minutes.
Speaker 4: He probably hasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am a little disappointed and a little shocked that the World Cup final could be so lopsided that the number one team in the world, Argentina couldn't do anything against that Spanish defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were so many awesome, awesome games in the World Cup. This one wasn't one of them because it felt so lopsize.
Speaker 3: It sort of felt like the game that the US got beat on, Like we we couldn't control the ball at all, like we could we had zero offensive zone time. It was who did we lose to? What ever? Belgium, Belian and Belgium it was like us, it was they were in our defensive zone of the game. They're like, well, this is not even fun to watch. And that's kind of how I feel like the final.
Speaker 4: Onesically, just like the Olympics.
Speaker 2: If you don't like soccer, now you don't have to care for four years for the men, you can just check out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just watch it's the championship. You know you watched it was awesome. Yeah, I got into it. One random pass that gets thrown in there, and they could all those guys are such good scores, So it didn't you knew that at any moment they could tied up or like, you know, they could make it a game. But in the end it was like, Wow, that was dominance by Spain.
Speaker 2: You see the I don't know if you guys watched any of it or some of it, but maximum sounds like you watched all of it. You see the moment where they threw Matt Damon up on the screen and the announcer goes, hey, even Brad Pitt's here, and somebody in his ear must have been like and he's like, oh, I mean that's Matt Damon. Of course that's Matt Damon. You can't tell the difference between Brad Pitt and Matt Damon.
Speaker 3: I've messed it up up in the past. Yeah, usually.
Speaker 7: Closes a lot of the commentators during this World Cup when they show celebrities on the screen, they've just been dead silent because they're like, I don't that's.
Speaker 3: A failure though by the production team, because if they're the director and the producers should be telling those guys in their ear who they're going to.
Speaker 1: They don't have contact with them. It's a world feed. Unfortunately, what the feed watching is a produced by FIFA and it's a it's fed to Fox. So they don't have they don't have uh contact with the director.
Speaker 3: What do you mean they don't they don't have a producer in their ears. Not for the world feed.
Speaker 1: They'll have stuff with like if they have features or if they've got graphics and stuff that they'll put on over it. But when they go to the when they go to the celebrity shots, that's all FIFA. That's why they were They were showing them by the way way too much. I thought there were a couple of times it's like there's a throw in, there's an active throwing. I mean, it's it's phenomenal that you like, I want to watch the soccer match. We all know Dusty Monds in the h this is one of those things. How does Zach know that?
Speaker 3: But how he does?
Speaker 4: But here's what's watched this nine times.
Speaker 3: Seven forty five.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable. It's unbelievable. He is like super intelligent about these.
Speaker 1: Crazy fifty nine No, or maybe she's five three fifty.
Speaker 3: I don't care anymore. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: We work with the weirdest people.
Speaker 9: How did you come across the informations that I'm a I'm a nerd, but hard enough to be a nerd, and I'm interested in the most worthless things.
Speaker 3: It's really dumb. I think got useless knowledge.
Speaker 4: And again he's always wanted to be a meteorologist.
Speaker 9: He's he wants a better career, smart enough to be a meteorologist.
Speaker 4: Oh but you like chasing tornadoes.
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, I like that. I like.
Speaker 10: I like green screens. I like backyards. You like yeah that is well documented? Right like backyards? All right, Melinda Jensen is here. Let's take a break. We'll come back. We'll talk to her. Alexis should be here in a second. We'll play initials at eight fifteen.
Speaker 3: Michael J. Mussman.
Speaker 2: The third is here, Max ben Leber. They square off at eight to fifteen for quarter final number two. This is the Power Trip Morning Shoe.
Speaker 3: I'm the fan.
Speaker 4: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Newgate School Turning Cars into Second Chances. On ninety four, I.
Speaker 1: Guess joined Corey Hawks Sauce at a cast of thousands. November eighteenth, of the twenty third at Circle Resort and Casino Live Shows a Friday Night bat and Purple Football at stadium swim book with promo code Power trip RaSE special room rate pulldetails at cafe dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no big deal.
Speaker 2: Power Trips is going to Vegas celebrating twenty five consecutive years, which has never been done in the history of Twin Cities Radio into loss, which is really cool. So how about that we're going to run into the ground. You know that must you've been in ridio for a long time. You know, Power Tips the first KA fan show, but we believe it's the first show in the Twin Cities ago twenty five straight years and we're going to celebrate in Vegas.
Speaker 3: That is amazing. Thank you. I'm not appreciated by it at all. No. I love the fact that you guys never bring it up.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, the first time, I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Why would we.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we're trying to stay humbled, you know.
Speaker 3: And yourself grounded.
Speaker 2: Well, and we also don't want to rub it in the faces of the other three shows on this station because they haven't done it yet, and we want them to get there.
Speaker 4: We want them to have something to stry for. Well said, that's a big of you. Yeah, longevity in this market is not easy.
Speaker 2: Nope, we can't all be Belinda Jensen and just dominate for decades, right, Belinda, you get.
Speaker 11: It, I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it. Oh, hold on, there we go. Thanks, we get you.
Speaker 11: See I retire. I don't even not hit button?
Speaker 3: No, you got it?
Speaker 11: Going on?
Speaker 4: How are you welcome back?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 11: Thank you? Yeah? Well, happy Monday morning. I know, right, yeah, I mean last time did this Friday.
Speaker 3: Friday.
Speaker 11: It's like, you know, you kind of get in the groove Monday morning. He's a little rough. I want to say, learn went off. I'm like, oh my, and look at this.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having look at this group.
Speaker 3: You got to deal with Muss.
Speaker 11: I know what I did too. I get to see Muss and Ben, and I'm of course good friends with Scott, so I listened to him on the way in love all the things he's doing. Abby's hope.
Speaker 3: So it's great.
Speaker 11: I parked right next to your really cool little yellow jeep out there, and I had to pretty much four wheel here because, as you were saying a couple of weeks ago, you can't get anywhere. Yeah sucks, don't like oh you honestly, Cedar like there sure, yeah, there's mountains and there's trucks in the way. It was like a Chicaine. I came around. I don't even think I was supposed to be there.
Speaker 2: No, all these exits are blocked off. There's cones all the way up and down three ninety four. You're not even quite sure when you do get Like when you get off I'm coming three ninety four east right towards the cities, when you have to get off on one hundred and like do the loop and then come back and.
Speaker 3: Get off on Zenian, Party Place or whatever.
Speaker 2: First, it almost looks like you're not supposed to be able to get off because it's not clearly marked enough.
Speaker 4: I'm like, am I is this where I'm supposed to be going?
Speaker 3: Shocker that that Minnesota Transportation doesn't doesn't give you a heads up on what's going on.
Speaker 6: And if you if you're trying to get off on Zenia because it's closed, you can't it for a while, funneled you downtown that Chris got stuck last year.
Speaker 4: There was no other way to go, but we made it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I'm like, I'm local traffic only that's me. I'm coming in here, your local traffic. No, it's all good.
Speaker 3: You found it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since the last time we talked to you, you started a podcast.
Speaker 4: I did, and.
Speaker 11: It's super fun. I'm doing it with my good friend Lee Volsvic.
Speaker 3: She's the best.
Speaker 11: You've known each other for thirty years.
Speaker 4: So are they sponsors of the podcast?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 4: Yes, happy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What if?
Speaker 4: Not just to get her to save Blaze.
Speaker 11: But continal Diamond downstairs.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go.
Speaker 11: Just great and buy the arts and look at you getting sponsored.
Speaker 7: It is hard A plus about the whole the sponsorship.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, it's been new to me.
Speaker 11: This whole thing's new to me. But it's super fun and we're having a great time. And uh, there's four episodes that are available. We're shooting to this week. I think you're a part of it this week.
Speaker 2: Right, you guys are already you're scrape in the bottom of the barrel if you're asking me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I'm pumped about it.
Speaker 3: That'll be on Thursday I talk to you.
Speaker 4: So what do you guys? What do you guys talk about?
Speaker 2: What's the Is it just twin cities culture and no hip hop?
Speaker 11: None of those things. It's called weathering life. Well, and uh, we're talking about transitions in life. Ones that were either you planned on or ones that you didn't plan on, and like, how have you weathered that storm? How have you moved through that? What things worked for you, what things didn't work for you? What are your stormy times, your sunny times? Of course, were having a little fun with the weather.
Speaker 4: But we have.
Speaker 11: Actually had some just amazing conversations. I've known Eric Perkins for over twenty years. He sat down and chatted with us. I learned so much about him in this time, about the transitions he made, the fact that where he was born, you know, in Hong Kong. I mean, all these things I learned about him that I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know born in Hong Kong because his dad.
Speaker 11: Was covering post war in the in the Asia Thea theater, because Jack Perkins, of course is his father who worked for NBC. And anyway, it was it's been really really great. I mean, Mark came on and talked about all the things that have happened to him, losing his wife, deciding to get remarried. So we're we're exploring that and we're having good time.
Speaker 3: What the hell has happened to me?
Speaker 12: Then, Interestine, I'm going to make something up by Thursday about your transition.
Speaker 11: Transitions in life.
Speaker 3: Oh that was a transition.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, Ben, I mean ladies and gentleman. I'm just gonna wait until.
Speaker 11: Now we're going to talk about how you came up with initials and how it's a huge deal and people don't know that and what what's what's what it's all about and how you created that.
Speaker 2: And that's going to make me uncomfortable because I don't like promoting initials I heard. I don't like bringing it off, you know, I don't want people to know that. You can go to Initials Game dot com and get the board game, or go to Initials Game Live dot com and play at over one hundred bars in the Upper Midwest, or check out the podcast on all podcast platforms.
Speaker 4: Like that it gets old people get a hearing about that.
Speaker 3: It feels slimy when you do that, right totally.
Speaker 4: That's why I only like it.
Speaker 2: I like it when it comes up organically, but otherwise I don't like just randomly mentioning it.
Speaker 3: It feels kind of TechEd, well.
Speaker 11: Lee said. Lee said she has all sorts of interesting.
Speaker 3: Questions for you. Okay, Lease is the best? All right, good?
Speaker 11: That'll be fun yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: I have to make something up while you pontificate that. Can I ask Sauce a question on air?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he disappeared.
Speaker 3: I think he went to go get all extra okay when he comes back. When he comes back, I get a question for him. Part of a part of his life that I found out a couple of days ago that didn't I just never heard of. I want to hear the story behind this story.
Speaker 11: Oh boy, oh my? And did I miss this because I walked in and you were talking World Cup? Did you guys? Absolutely? Were you amazed like I was with Shakira.
Speaker 4: Did two years old?
Speaker 3: Was she doing that? I don't know.
Speaker 11: I'm the first person to mention that I'm pretty much disappointed with you boys because I know the soccer was a big deal.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, wow, she I.
Speaker 11: Was I blown away. I'm watching it four times on my phone last night, kept watching it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I won't tell you how many times I've watched it.
Speaker 4: I'm not even talking about like her. I don't even know that song appearance.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe she can move like that at her age, because she looks like she's twenty two physically, like she's hold she she's got to be in her she's got to be pushing fifty.
Speaker 3: Say, oh, I would have.
Speaker 2: Never guessed, because I mean, she's been around for twenty five years, and I assume she was in her early twenty so that makes sense that she's forty nine.
Speaker 4: She moves like a twenty two year old. She won'tbelievable.
Speaker 11: That was the fastest moving thing that happened during that that whole whatever they call the match or whatever, because everything else is just deadly slow.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Yeah, yeah, those hips still don't lie.
Speaker 4: Let's get sauce of attention.
Speaker 3: Sauce. Can you hear me here?
Speaker 12: Come back over here, find a microphone. Yeah, we gotta get this. I guess I didn't know that part of the lineup. And then I her to come out. I was like, mornings, I'm gonna stay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, blued in. She made a couple of the official World Cup.
Speaker 11: I was just super impressed, and that I was very impressed. I love the song too, don't know it now, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you don't need to know the song. She's just good at performing. Sous. I got a question for you. I was talking to a gentleman that knows you from your past when you used to work at the City of Wisetta. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Could you please share the story about the wood chipper? Apparently you cost the city about twenty grand? Did I really? I don't know that story. You don't remember that story? No? Did I put something in there? I shouldn't have. You You were they they tasked. You were driving the wood schipper into the garage space and somehow, shocker, you proceeded to drive through before the garage door was all the way up. I don't remember, and you hit the woodchipper, hit the garage door as it was going up, and basically caused a whole bunch of damage. I don't remember memory. Were you high? No, no, zero chance you don't remember that.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm I'm going to go out on a lemon and say that was not me.
Speaker 3: Because here's here's the guy that I was talking to, specifically here because I that he hired you. I so this is a shocking thing. I got that job because of my dad.
Speaker 6: But because I got the job because of my dad, I didn't want them to I was the kid who got here. Like I that's the hardest I ever worked in my entire life because I didn't want to be known as that. Because there was another guy on the crew that his old man was a big part of it, and he, I mean, he made me look like the harder.
Speaker 3: He made me look like.
Speaker 11: They let you use the wood shop.
Speaker 6: But that's the other thing. I remember like using it like I would. It was fun to like throw stuff in it.
Speaker 3: They made I don't remember that that it was one of those moments where they didn't trust you to drive the truck that was pulling the wood. Yeah, but in that moment, all they all you had to do is drive it from where it was parked into the garage space.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing, though, I'm going to disagree with that. I don't think that happened because I'm ninety percent sure I was never allowed to drive the truck because I wasn't ensured.
Speaker 3: I think that was the point of the story was that I don't think I would drive it around town, but we thought that he could get it from like point a tot.
Speaker 5: A.
Speaker 6: I'm not doubting your source, but I don't think that ever happened.
Speaker 3: I would remember that he blocked it out and if.
Speaker 6: I did something like that, A I would bring it up because be it's about me, and see that would be a story I'd be probably.
Speaker 3: I don't remember when he told me. I don't remember that. I don't think i've ever heard this story before. I have to lost in the shuffle.
Speaker 2: He did about two minutes ago say it was fun to throw stuff in there.
Speaker 3: It was that would be fun for me.
Speaker 4: I got didn't drive it.
Speaker 6: Job because obviously my dad, but I wanted to be I didn't want to be known as the guy who got the job because of a day. So I worked really hard at that and I would have been devastated it I ruined any of that equipment because all those guys there that worked there were awesome. The first couple of months, they were not too fond of me, but after they got to know.
Speaker 3: Me, and you know, I started playing the hill. This guy you only worked there a couple of months. Now, I worked there for like four or five. It was like a summer thing I got.
Speaker 6: I got let go because of the I was like a seasonal worker. Right, I don't remember that. I would remember that. How old was I probably twenty one, twenty two?
Speaker 3: Maybe? Yeah, it's the hardest I've ever worked in my life? How much did you do? Not there?
Speaker 6: I didn't because I know because I was. I took it to parate belief. I take something seriously, What did you do? What were your I was just like we would like mow lawns and like pick up the city of Wisetta.
Speaker 3: What did you throw in the wood? Chipper? Would big logs anything? It was fun.
Speaker 2: You made it sound like you threw random stuff in there. Throwing chipper is exactly what you're supposed to I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't like throwing garbage into it. But yeah, I remember.
Speaker 6: Specifically, there was this cord you could pull if it's sucked you in, and I always thought was a cool thing because that happens, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, But I'm.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure I don't think that ever happened. I think there was another lunch. Should ever do this? But I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 2: I'm siding with Sauce because that is a story Sauce would have told us a thousand times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ruined the woman.
Speaker 2: I think you would have remembered that, and this guy might be remembering my old man.
Speaker 3: Well, the city would have to pay for it. It'd be probably fall under their insurance. The thing that I am confused on. Hey, I do think that you would have remembered something. I would remember that. Yeah, b this was over twenty some years ago, and this gentleman is still walking around telling people that you specifically caused the city. Was that at like twenty thousand dollars worth of damage because you drove the wood chipper through the garage door?
Speaker 4: You need to get your PR team on this.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think I did that well.
Speaker 2: But also the fact that nobody doesn't believe it when they like, yeah, Sauce ruined the tupe?
Speaker 3: Ever, like that checks out. Nobody, nobody's gonna fact you told me the story. I'm like, well, that makes that sounds right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: That sounds like something I would didn't wait for the door to be all the way open.
Speaker 4: He was backed into it. Yeah, that's exactly what.
Speaker 3: He did, forward through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what he's probably high, throwing wood in the shaper.
Speaker 6: I would never show up to that job high, I promise you god.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: They had this thing that was like a It was like it was like this big and it was like something you'd sit on to like milk a cow. But they do no, no, no, like if you feel like a like a milk thing that you'd put the milk in.
Speaker 3: There's no, no, no, this is a dairy queen. I remember I was so hesitantbody have any idea where we are That queen did what? Now, Sary Queen milks their own cows relaxed? Is that why ice cream is so fresh?
Speaker 6: Dairy queen has these things that It was this big silver container that had like milk a barrel handles on it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, like a keg, and then.
Speaker 3: Had like a top on it. Right, they looked like whatever.
Speaker 6: Well, I would use that whenever they had me do stuff in the back because it was the only chair I could and I was so heavy that they after I sat on it, they couldn't get the.
Speaker 3: Top of it off.
Speaker 6: And that's what they put all like the mister Misty. So I am been known to cut a few corners, but I would have remember that I run into I think you.
Speaker 3: Would remember that. Yeah, this is a mystery I've never had.
Speaker 11: Miss Yeah you broke it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I missed. Don't they call him Arctic Rush. We all grew up on mister Mister Missy's were the best anyway.
Speaker 3: Man, We just need you talk to your dad, the lawyer, because you find out all around.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he's not the only one. I don't remember doing that. I would remember that. I would have felt terrible about it, contrary to what a lot of people think.
Speaker 3: I'm I feel bad when I do some things, sure not all things. I would have remembered that.
Speaker 11: This person, I know, it's been telling it for twenty years.
Speaker 3: He's been telling it for twenty years. Everybody that he meets, like, oh, you know Sauce on the radio, I got ado when he worked at the Citio Wisetta. I mean it could be I we'll talk.
Speaker 7: Off air, okay, yeah, because if it's that guy he hated, makes sense?
Speaker 2: All right, Alexis is here, Ben is here, Muss is here, Max is here, Blinda is here. Those five square off in about fifteen minutes. If Alexis isn't tired of asking or being asked pregnancy questions, and we have some of those when we get back.
Speaker 4: I'm ready six months in.
Speaker 9: I'm twenty seven weeks today, almost seven monks.
Speaker 3: Look at you.
Speaker 4: You're getting there. I'm getting there, super excited.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, initials in fifteen minutes, one hundred and twenty thousand dollars potentially up for grabs.
Speaker 4: This is the power tim Morning Joe on the.
Speaker 2: Vane from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Blaze Credit Union.