Speaker 1: Honeymore become a financial ninja. Your next lesson is about to begin.
Speaker 2: This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW. Alrighty, we say good morning once more to our friend Denise Pelagrini from the Bloomberg newsroom in New York City.
Speaker 1: Hershey.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes Hershey getting an ad makeover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, this is an iconic brand and you have to wonder why they would need a makeover because you don't even have to say what Hershey is and everybody knows, right. But now they are increasing their marketing budget reportedly for the brand by twenty percent, and this is for its first new ad campaign in almost a decade, according to the Wall Street Journal, which says the new effort will include streaming TV TikTok influencers, as well as what the report calls activity around big cultural events that could mean things like the Olympics. Hershey is trying to get people to buy more candy outside the seasonal holidays Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and also make its way into homes that don't have candy eating kids, where then parents are likely to pick up the candy and eat it themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeh, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, a fast food chain and a gas station chain are highlighting deals for cash strap consumers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this just goes to show how aware so many consumer facing businesses are that people are still struggling with inflation, even though you know, the inflation numbers show quote unquote be nine inflation. Right, Wendy's expanding its Big Deals menu four dollars Biggie bytes, six dollars Biggie bags, and eight dollars Biggie bundles. That says fast food chains step up the competition for consumers struggling with food inflation. And on the gas station side, Circle K is now offering forty cents off per gallon of guests. That is just for today. It's calling it fuel Day as people, it says, struggle with their budgets post holidays. You know, January can be rough when those credit card payments come to do. And this is for members of the gas station's loyalty program. They're obviously wanting more people to sign up for its loyalty program to increase engagement. I'd say foot traffic, but that's not appropriate. Wheel traffic, we'll call it. But don't get any ideas about stockpiling more in gas cans at this forty cents off per gallon ats circle K because the offer is only good once per account, and they are capping the amount that you can pump into your tank.
Speaker 2: Well, of course they understandable, yes, understandable for sure. The futures this morning, how are things looking so far?
Speaker 4: Future?
Speaker 3: I was about to open my mouth and say they were looking great, but now Dow futures have turned lower, their down forty eight s and p futures, though they're still up twenty eight. We are seeing some positivity when it comes to tech, and that's because of what happened with Taiwan Semi and its prospects for AI related development. We do have Morgan Stanley reporting quarterly results. We'll see what we get there. From Bloomberg, I'm dense public greading news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Oh you eight eleven on the morning shows seven hundred w l W tined enough to join us each and every Thursday at this time. You can hear him syndicated on nearly three hundred radio stations coast to coast. I mean the brand, the man Gary Sullivan.
Speaker 4: Mister Berneman, how in the world are you good, buddy, How you doing today? Good? You got your overalls. We're gonna work today.
Speaker 1: Are we? I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: Let's go, toolbus, got your goggles.
Speaker 2: I got a hat, need a hat. My hair's fallen out, and so all of a sudden, it's skin being exposed rather than hair.
Speaker 4: It's coverings. Happen.
Speaker 1: Doesn't happen to you. I got hair, You got a whole head full of hair.
Speaker 2: Goodness, gracious, good jealous? All right, now, you told me that there are a few things around your house that have bothered you lately. Right, okay, so you tell me. The first one is whenever you go to you say, the vanity, like shave in the morning, that kind of thing, right, there's an odor there right now? Now, what is going on with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You ever have that problem? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a.
Speaker 4: Fairly common problem. And what it is it's bacteria. I mean, that's what causes odors and the reason. And there's always going to be bacterian drains, whether it's the kitchen and you got food particles, whether it's you know, the vanity and you've got flakes of skin, hair shaving residue all that. But really, what's happened in the cosmetics industry a lot. Everything is kind of sticky. I mean, we've got hairspray. Of course, you don't need that now you're losing.
Speaker 1: Your That's exactly right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: You needed that data. Yeah, thanks a lot, you bet you. We got shaving cream that's not really soapy. It's kind of just sticky. It's kind of like a gel. Yep, So we got all these things on toothpastes of a jail. Everything's a gel. So the inside of the pipes get a little sticky, and when we turn the water on, or before we turn the water on, you start having this odor from the bacteria. And so people will get in there and they'll put drain cleaners in there and different things like that. But we kind of started the odor. So what's going on?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And a lot of cases people overlook one thing, and that is the overflow tube on the inside of the vanity bowl. So, in other words, if your drain was not running very well and somebody left the water on, which by the way, happened to me about thirty years ago when the kids were home and the water spills over, well, that's because it wasn't able to take enough water down during that overflow hole. But that's where the odor is coming from. Everybody's concentrating on the drain and you should, but bathrooms are humid in a lot of cases, that bacteria is being activated by moisture, and the odor is actually it's in the drain, but it's also coming up through uh the overflow tube. So the overflow tube agains on the front side of the ball tom usually about right where the right where your gut is on the inside of that bowl. Get some either bleach or dishwashing for the dishwasher, that soap, and just put that down there. It'll migrate down into the pipe and it will also sanitize that overflow. And I'll tell you, within a day or so that odor will be gone. And it's almost something that's going to be relatively a maintenance thing. You get a little whiff of that, just get just get that h get that solved with the dishwashing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So if I if I hear you right, this is not only you you were making reference it you it's in the bathroom where you shave the vanity, et cetera. This is the same kind of thing because I noticed yesterday around our house that it was the kitchen sink right, the disposal right, So you're telling me this same thing works for that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what I would do. So there's different products that will sanitize your disposal. Some of them look like a big giant pill. It looks like a hockey puck. You just put it in there, grind it up, and it'll sanitize the inside of the disposal. But if you're having that odor, throw some ice cubes in there. Threw a lemon in there, grind it up. That'll clean the inside up pretty good. Okay, But where the odors coming from on a disposal, Tommy, You a little black gasket that fits down in the train, yep, pull that out, it just comes right out, sure, and scrub the back of it with just some dish soap. That's what happens. When the food gets ground up, it splices on the back side of that gasket, and the bacteri starts growing. It creates an odor. So it's as simple as just as cleaning that out, and it's pretty simple to clean.
Speaker 2: It's funny you bring that up because just experiencing that yesterday. Okay, another thing that you said bothering you about your house. These days you're getting gaps around the door and your floors are squeaking. Yeah, let's take each of those in and out by themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah they're all related. Okay, they're all related, which makes it really simple. And I don't know if you have that, but if you got some crown molding and all of a sudden you can see a gap between the crown molding and the ceiling or baseboards, the baseboard to the wall, there gets to be a little grap gap. And it's especially this time of year, or around the doors and the floor squeaking. And the reason is is your house is drying out. It is cold out there. It's going to be cold all weekend. And when it's really cold, dumidity gets very very low. When everybody checked their indoor humidity, it should be between thirty and thirty five percent. You probably are if you don't have a humidifier, you very well could be running humidity around twenty twenty five percent. It dries out the wood and it causes squeaks. It causes squeaks. So now a really good thing for around the gaps between the crown molding and the floor. This is a perfect time to clock those. You can use in acrylic, siliconized calcking good stretchability. Because you go, your house goes.
Speaker 2: Here you go again, Gary, Here you go again, Here you go again. I told you talk about trauelty again.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Tumb that down for me? How easy that is, because I'm sure it probably is.
Speaker 4: It's not that difficult, okay, And if you don't want to do it, it's okay. Just let's work on getting the humidity level up to around thirty five percent in your home. Maybe you get a humidifier in your furnace, maybe you get a bedroom umidifier. Again, putting some moisture in the air will alleviate some of these problems and you'll feel better. Your nasal passages will feel a lot better in the morning, and your skin's gonna feel better. So getting that humidity up so you can see it wherever there's organic material like wood, and you take the moisture out because the air is very, very drier. Of course, your wood floors are gonna squeak, right, and there's gonna be gaps. Things are shrinking your houses literally breathing and shrinking and expanding in contraction. So if you don't want to get the calking out, even though you can siliconized to crily calking, it's paintable, it's stretchable, and it will do a great job of filling that up and it'll close up real nice in the summer. As it stretches next winter, you'll have that elasticity to cover that gap.
Speaker 2: So this sounds like a stupid question, but you know, I'm not a bright guy on this stuff. Generally, when the humidity comes back, as things warm up again, those things take care of themselves.
Speaker 4: By and large, they do Okay, they really do. Yep. They'll expand and fill out, but it's not very you know, some very pretty in the winter time. And if you want to stay on top of it, this is a perfect time to fill those gaps.
Speaker 2: Okay, last thing I wanted to ask you about, and and look, I don't care if you have a house it was built last year. It feels like this time of year, when it gets this cold, you get anywhere near a window, there seems to be a little bit of a draftiness to it.
Speaker 1: Is that fair?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? And what to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, sometimes Toms, it's as basic as making sure the window is locked. I know it sounds weird, but if it's a caseman window or a double hung window, there's locks. You know, you got the two little locks on the top of the slider of the double hung window. Make sure they're locked because that pulls the two windows together. And I'll tell you when people complain to me about drafting windows and I tell them about checking to make sure it's locked, I can't tell you how many times they go, oh yeah, different, I bet. So that's one thing, just double check. Another thing you can do is pull the block. That'll help, you know, alleviate a little bit. It's the draft's still gonna come in, but it's not gonna blow right on you, so pull the blinds down. There is also I'm gonna go back to the calking thing. A lot of people don't realize this product exists. There's one called a draft stop, and I think one's called peel away. It's a clear calking. You can literally calk your windows closed. So where the two meet the frame, or where the two panels meet each other, you can put a bead of cocking there. Like the draft stop. It's clear, it'll seal that draft come march. You can just pick and peel that away.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got one more question, all right, and this wasn't on our list as far as the flume is concerned.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: In a fireplace, okay, right, and it's really really cold, there has to be some air that's coming down there if you leave it open, and it probably it gets in even if you have it closed. Okay, But is there a rule of thumb about really should I close it or can't I just leave it open?
Speaker 1: What's the difference.
Speaker 4: Do you have a gas fireplace?
Speaker 1: Yes, but then I turn off the gas and let the wood burn.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would, uh, first of all, when the fires burn, of course, the flu stays open. Second or the four it's everything's extinguished, everything is out. I'd give it a half hour, and i'd definitely close it, okay, because what it is, it's like a metal plate that just kind of you know, it's not like weather stripping and rubber on it or anything. It's just a metal plate. But it stops the draft. And as you turned the cooking fan on the bathroom fan, guess where it's pulling the air right down the chimney.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, make sure that's good.
Speaker 1: My wife was all over my case yesterday about it.
Speaker 4: Did you win or lose?
Speaker 2: Why would you even ask me that? I just thought, I mean, are you kidding that? I just how long you've been marry Gary?
Speaker 4: Fifty years?
Speaker 2: Like, okay, you got me double. I hit twenty five a month and a half ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I can ask those questions.
Speaker 1: You've lost a lot more than I have.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've lost one.
Speaker 1: All right, my friend, thanks for your time as always.
Speaker 4: All right, Ever, go with that.
Speaker 1: You're the best Gary Sullivan.
Speaker 2: You can hear him over on fifty five KRC Saturdays and Sundays, nine to noon. Danny Gleeson produces his show that goes coast to coast nearly three hundred stations across America.
Speaker 1: All right, Chuck Ingram, what's happening out there? My friend?
Speaker 5: Well, we were doing okay, we were doing okay, and over the last twenty minutes or so, a couple of new accidents really starting to slow things down. This from the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling appointment online at ucehealth dot com. Start with southbound seventy five. There's an accident just above two seventy five. The right two lanes are blocked off. That traffic is now backing up to Union Center once again. It started to clear out and it slowed through Lachland without a wreck. And then a second accident on south seventy five. This is just below Mitchell. Right, two lanes are blocked there too. Two lanes get by. On the left, there's an accident. He's found on the Reagan Highway just above seventy five. After you get past Gabreth. That's backing traffic to Winton. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Sitting there kidding around with Gary about losing and I got a text on X and a sense says, Tom, you got to choose your battles. Isn't that the truth?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: WCPO nine first Warning four casters in of our buddy Jennifer Ketchmark Cincinnati's friendliest forecaster. Chilly out there beyond description wind chill high today between eighteen and twenty. Light snow comes in tonight looking at anywhere from a half inch to an inch by the time you jump in the car to go to school, work, run errands, whatever. Tomorrow, keep it in mind, give yourself some extra time just in case. Light snow tomorrow morning went remix in the afternoon and evening cloudy, Tomorrow, more snow flurries, and then tomorrow night few flurries. Nothing major accumulating tomorrow or Saturday. We hope the models can always change, but one thing we do know between now and Wednesday, our highs with the wind chills are going to be basically anywhere from ten to twenty for a high zero to ten at night. News around the corner coming up, Hey Michelle to tell you what's happening over the weekend. Seven hundred wlwe.
Speaker 1: Infoe to help you invest like a pro. Feel free to take notes.
Speaker 2: This is the Boomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Some mixed sentiment now on Wall Street as the quarterly earnings reports continue to come in. Earlier, we did see some positivity surrounding the global chip industry. Also, Goldwyn Sacks appears to be profiting from recent stock market volatility. It's reporting stronger than expected trading revenue. Crude oil futures meantime, they've been falling all Morning At says tension over Iran is at least a bit, and at least for now, the price of your premium Spotify subscription is going up by eight percent to thirteen bucks a month. That's dollar more than you're paying now.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 3: Spotify has more than two hundred and eighty million paid subscribers, but it's been under pressure to raise prices to keep in line with inflation and also catch up with increases by other consumer service platforms like Netflix and Flyers are shedding pounds, making airplane slider, and according to analysts now at Jeffrey's, the growing use of weight loss products could end up saving the biggest airlines as much as five hundred and eighty million dollars in fuel costs this year alone, as slimmer flyers cut one of the airline industry's biggest expenses from Bloomberg. I'm Denise Pelligridia News Radio, seventh hundred WW.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, alrighty, already here we go.
Speaker 2: It is eight forty on your Thursday morning, and we get together each and every Thursday to let you know what's going on in and around town. And who better to do that than hey Michelle. You can follow her hat. Hey Michelle, that's with two l's the number one. Hey Michelle one on Instagram, Hey Michelle on Facebook, and we say good morning to hey Michelle, Hey.
Speaker 1: Michelle, how are you tom? I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: My wife says, hey, do you have anything to do for somebody who's at home? Their friends are out of town, they have a dog, and they have no plans.
Speaker 6: Oh, Polly God, lover. She's probably loving it. She's probably gramming a book and hanging out.
Speaker 2: No, it can assure you. She doesn't know what it means just to sit around and take it easy.
Speaker 1: She can't. She can't spell that word or those words.
Speaker 6: I have plans for her.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well let her know because she said, hey, why don't you run that buy? And Michelle, She's like no, no, no, no, no no, And I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna ask her right out again. So how's everything you're doing? You're settling back in now, everything good. You look like you've made some pretty cool spots following you on Instagram here.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, January isn't sleepy like it used to be. You know, there's still things going on, which is fantastic.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting we had. We had a lady on the other day talking about from Bloomberg talking about how you know a lot of people they go a dry January, right and look, on this program, we're not endorsing people going out and drinking til they can't, you know, either drive or walk home or walk out to the street. But nonetheless, do you see a little bit of that. I may not be as quiet as it used to be, but are you seeing more and more people that are putting dry January into practice?
Speaker 1: I do, actually I do.
Speaker 6: But you know what is also in the industry, and it is through March of the THCHC drinks and they sell those at bars and the dry January, you know, like they say California Sober. I think those have come into play a little bit. So even though they're not drinking, a lot of people are doing the THCHD drinks.
Speaker 2: But Sober I've never heard that before. I guess I got to get with the times. That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: It's a good song too. Google it Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: Of course I will check it out.
Speaker 2: Okay for those that haven't heard, Hey, Michelle, we break it down into three different categories. If you've got the kids thanks to do over the weekend. Maybe it's date night, looking for something to do with your significant other. And then, of course, if you're just going out with your friends, you could be single, you can just all be married. But the girls are going out, guys are going out, whatever.
Speaker 1: The case may be.
Speaker 2: Let's start if you have the kids, because you know, after Christmas things do quiet down on that front quite a bit.
Speaker 1: But there are some things going on right absolutely.
Speaker 6: We could start with a princess tea party. This is the Bell Event Center right across from hard Rock downtown and it's this Saturday for you.
Speaker 4: And your family.
Speaker 6: You can experience a whole tea party. So it was wondering, delight meet all the princesses, have little snacks and all the things. This is eleven to one on Saturday. I remember the dress, Oh I bet, Oh that's fun. He dresses like a prince when you did it, I.
Speaker 2: Did not, although everybody knew I was a prince when I walked in, But no, I used to.
Speaker 1: I used to love that.
Speaker 2: I love taking our daughter Ella to that, and I just thought those things were so cool, and they the magic in their eyes when they see Bell or they you know, any of them.
Speaker 1: It's good to Okay, what else is happening?
Speaker 3: I love it?
Speaker 6: Well, of course we have RedFest it's back after its two year hiatus and a new duke energy, so a twoper. You can check out the beautiful new building and good red Vest Friday three to ten thirty Saturday eleven to six thirty, and you can meet the players from the past, current autographs, memorabilia and all the fun stuff. I mean, spring is almost in the air.
Speaker 1: Is that tells us about Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Pictures and catchers, I'm told are reporting in February the night, so that's right around the corner.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I did talk about this art of brick last week, but I hadn't seen it, so I went to it last weekend. I really recommend this. It's not just a lego exhibit. This is an artist who is who does sculptures that we know, kind of like the Love and Coupled. You'd recognize some things and then his own. This really should be in an art museum. I am not kidding. I even bought the book at the little shop on the way out. It is an artist named Nathan Soier and he is just even the video of hearing his story and his sayings and everything next to the pieces. It's really good. It is really good. It's a fourth Street and that little space that's kind of become our our little exhibit spot where Titanic.
Speaker 4: Was and and go.
Speaker 6: I highly recommend this.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah yeah. Miami basketball, you know it's right up the road. It's a chance to go to Oxford and get a Begel and Delli or whatever. They're undefeated eighteen and oh no.
Speaker 2: And somebody you're right, and somebody posted though, I got to tell you, and I just don't understand it about Miami Athletics in general, because it's such a great university.
Speaker 1: Their football team has been good for a number of years. So the basketball team you just said, they're undefeated.
Speaker 2: Somebody took a picture of Malette Hall right when the game was starting the other night, and it looked like there were two hundred people in that place. I just don't understand it. I don't understand it. They don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 6: I had two boys that went there. Yep, Saturday, one o'clock.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, now date night? What am I doing? All right?
Speaker 6: So well, I mean it's like music like I do Trampled by Turtles. Who has the wild horses at the task. It may sound like a foreign language, my sister said, every time I drive by the tast I don't know anything they're saying on the kiosk. But anyway, this is Saturday Seventhary. They're a really well known, wildly talented bluegrass band and I am going to this on Saturday night. They're just fun to watch play the instruments for sure, Hell's Kitchen, the musical at the air and off and now through the twenty fifth. I got to go to the opening night on Tuesday. And this is a music goal that by Alicia Key. That's a somewhat her life story a little bit, but the voices are incredible. Polly should go to this. I'm telling you this is they must see. It's really good. And then there's the Wine Festival is having to pop up Friday at the free Store food Bank and this is to gear us up for the big wine Fest. Only one hundred tickets on this, but each ticket sold you get a mystery box of six wines and they're all valued at one hundred dollars, so you're getting it's a win win, but you'll have tastings there, snacks, and it all benefits local nonprofit.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you a quick question real fast. Have you been I know coming up? Have you been to the Cincinnati Symphony this American Voices show?
Speaker 1: I have not, and I have.
Speaker 6: It on my radar. This sounds really great.
Speaker 1: Well are you busy Saturday night?
Speaker 6: Well, Saturday, I'm going to trample Turtles, but it's also Friday at eleven.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I know, but I've got tickets to give away, so I was going to keep you, but we'll do that another time. But by the way, since you're on right now, in a few minutes, I'm going to give you a chance, you out there listening right now to win two tickets to this Saturday night's show the seventeenth at the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
Speaker 1: And that is called American Voices.
Speaker 6: Yes, it so some of the most influential African American voices and composers and it's all music over the genres, honoring MLK Junior. Yes, which it sounds really great. So also there's this since the remodel xpolf, you're looking for inspiration on some home projects, you can go to the home show at Sharonville Convention Center. This is Friday noon to seven, Saturday ten to six, Sunday eleven to five. And I'm going to add to that. I Brewing is right across the street from there and eleven to two. On Sundays they have a Bloody Mary bar. This is unbelievable. I went, and that's Sunday. It is a meal and a drinking one. I'm talking shrimp cheeseburger's chicken wings on top of your bloody Mary.
Speaker 2: That was the social media post I saw you had on Instagram, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, so good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I think stuff like that rem and look the age where I am. You're not there yet, but when you get to be a certain age, I think that remodel expo stuff is so cool because you know a lot of people can think like that. You know, they walk into a house that's really old and it needs fixing up, and immediately their mind is like, oh, I can see this, this and this is And I'm not one of those guys.
Speaker 6: And I'm not either.
Speaker 2: And I love when I go see ideas and then the execution of ideas because they'll have before and after stuff pictures, there are a lot of those exhibits and uh anyway, okay, all right, so let's get to you're going out your buds. Maybe you're single, maybe you're not, but you're just going out with the guys the girls, maybe a combination of both.
Speaker 1: What is happening? Okay?
Speaker 6: So Little Women is starting at the Playhouse in the Park since the classic novel that we adored coming to life on stage and this opens Saturday through February fifteenth. That's a good girls night out, I think. Okay, I've never heard of this, but I am completely intrigued. The Cincinnati Barbarians are at ryan Geist Brewing and OTR Okay, watching the videos. I mean, these are men who dressing total armor and they and they you know, fight and they have two combats going on. Two o'clock is five o'clock on Saturday, and the whole event goes from two to eight. But it's free to the public. And it looks really funny.
Speaker 1: Do I have to wear combat?
Speaker 6: You don't have to?
Speaker 1: They do? Okay, they do that. I don't want to get anybody down there.
Speaker 6: No, Yeah, in the ring, Tom, I got you. You want to jump in? The cyclones are here.
Speaker 1: This weekend versus the rapid city rush.
Speaker 6: Friday seven thirty is Grateful Dead Night. Saturday at four it's Hawaiian shirt giveaway, so you get there early. And then and then they're doing you know, Monday, the kids are off school. It's MLK, so they're doing a matinee, which is a great thing to do with the kids. One thirty.
Speaker 1: That is a great idea. Monday, not too early, not too late.
Speaker 2: You get over there, you'll get out of there in a decent amount of time, and you get to eat for free the kids.
Speaker 6: I know the kids eat for free. Yeah, two to twelve year olds eat free, okay, all right? And then other Martin Luther King activities are the down at the underground Railroad is the Grammy Award winning fifth Julee is the singers are Sunday four o'clock and Monday they start the march at ten o'clock outside with activities, eleven speakers, blood drives and a lot more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so lots going on for MLKA.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that that is something that you know, it might not be on some people's radar necessarily.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you brought.
Speaker 2: It up because look as the years and years and years and years go by, and doctor King was killed at thirty nine years old. I was just reading a little bit about him last night. You think you know some things, and you learn some new things. But you know, especially in this day and age where where we see violence, we see harm being done to people, even to officers and that kind of thing, and that was certainly something that doctor Martin Luther King would have nothing to do with. Peaceful protest is what he was all about. God rest his soul. And so you know, maybe a teaching moment for your kids, right to go down there and check it out.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I mean, you have the day school, you might as well do a little something and learn more about that. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, well, what do you have in store for this weekend?
Speaker 6: I am doing the concert on Saturday, and I might hit the Sharonville Convention Center XPO. I don't have a whole lot to fix up, but I do like to get good ideas, okay, so maybe.
Speaker 2: That okay, yeah, all right, all right, Well, I hope you have a great weekend, and again, people can follow you. You keep adding to this list all the time. At hey, Michelle, that's with two l's the number one Hey Michelle one on Instagram and on Facebook at hey Michelle.
Speaker 1: That's right, yes, all right, Well I hope you have a go have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Tom, thank you. You do the same. We thank you, Michelle, and listen right now.
Speaker 1: Call her number. Let's call it.
Speaker 2: Call the number five at five one three seven four nine seven thousand. Five one three seven four nine seven thousand, and we're giving away two tickets to this Saturday night that is a night time performance by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. American voices five one three seven four nine seven thousand. Phone lines are lighting up. Danny will get your name in your number, and we will get you your tickets. Chuck, let's check in, final check during at least a morning show. What's going on out there?
Speaker 5: Cleaning up a few accidents from the uc Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online at UCHealth dot com. They're working AREC southbound seventy five just above two seventy five right shoulder and southbound seventy five. After you get past Mitchell, right lane is blocked off. Traffic slows just a bit now out of Saint Bernard. The latest is on southbound seventy one that has the left lane blocked off just after you get past the lateral. That traffic heavy shortly after you get past Redbank, and cleaning up eastound on the Reagan Highway before you get to seventy five with a wreck near Gabret. Traffic heavy from winten chuck Ingram News Ready to Go seven hundred walw h R.
Speaker 2: WCPO nine first warning forecast. Cold cold, cold, cold, cold wind chill are high today is between eighteen and twenty degrees. Light snow tonight anywhere from a half inch to an inch, So keep that in mind as you get rolling tomorrow morning and your commute Friday, cold again, temperatures in the thirties, but wind chills in the low twenties high teen single digit wind chills at night, and all of this is sticking around until at least Wednesday,