Speaker 1: Got the falls up.
Speaker 2: You're welcome to the playoffs, Dodger fans.
Speaker 1: Playoff time when your favorite show thirteen wins is all it takes on half and escape for you.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a playoff edition of Dodger Talk. Get it on the action at eight six sixt Breeze sleeps Baseball.
Speaker 1: Here's your host of Dodger Talks as everybody wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Tim Cats, Oh, about.
Speaker 1: Nine months ago I started taking blood pressure medication. Yeah, that's where my life is right now. Tonight I took two just to be careful the way this Dodger bullpen has been pitching. And a good thing I did is the Dodgers tonight almost gave it away in the ninth Inny, but almost as good for darts and horseshoes because the Dodgers win it four to three over the Phillies day hang on for the win to take a two to zero series lead. What a game, nine innings of thrilling baseball. He had a great pitchers duel between Blake Snell and Hayes SEUs Lozardo. Lozardo one point retired seventeen Dodgers in a row after they gave up, almost gave up a run in the first inning. He threw twenty four pitches, but bounce back and shut down the Dodgers through the sixth. Meanwhile, Blake Snell was fantastic for six shutout innings, just the one hit, nine strikeouts through ninety nine pitches. He held on long enough until the Dodgers offense was able to get to hay sus Lozardo. In the seventh inning, Tascar Hernandez starting it off with the single. He would score on a fielder's choice to run single for Will Smith and showey Otani the RBI single a four spot for the Dodgers, and the seventh should have been enough. And you know what happened the seventh and eighth Imachian He gives up one run. The ninth inning, Dave Roberts goes to Blake and oh boy buckle up for Blake. Trying in the ninth inning because it was almost disaster. A leadoff single, a double, and then a two run double from Nick Costianos. He was the tying run standing at second base. And then what a great defensive play by the Dodgers infield, started by Max Muntsey, finished off by Mookie Betts on the wheel play on the bunt attempt by Stotts, they get Costiano said third. I cannot underestimate or I cannot tell you how big that play was to get Costiano said third. Because the next batter, Harrison Vader singled to left, that would have tied the game. You had the tying run ninety feet away. Instead, you get the first out of the inning. Fast forward, a couple at batters. Vessie comes on relief, first and third. Still now the tye run at third base and Roki Sasaki comes in to get the ground ball out of Trey Turner ends the game. Well, if that weren't enough, how about the throw from Tommy Edmond to get Trey Turner at first, a one hop that Freddie Freeman saves. I mean, you talk about the dramatics. It had it all tonight in this Dodgers win, and it was an all around really good win for this Dodgers team, a must win game that in my opinion, now you have a huge advantage over Philadelphia going into Game three on Wednesday night, flying across the country, coming back home, hanging on for that win. You held off any momentum that they possibly could have brought with them they left it in Philadelphia. They were starting to get mo on their side. They were starting to feel themselves standing up on the top step of the dugout, hanging over the railing, banging the top of the railing. The crowd was back into it. At the bank in Philadelphia. You had runners on base, you had traffic, you had hits, you had the time run ninety feet away. It was getting very interesting. And if the Dodgers don't win this game and it comes back tied to one to one, the momentum is all Philadelphia. You have them confident, you have them feeling good, and you have them having positive thoughts now coming back to Dodger Stadium for Game three instead, you basically cut them off at the knees. By getting this win, you chop down any momentum they had in that ninth inning. By coming back with a two to oh series lead. It was a huge win for the Dodgers tonight. Cannot say it enough. A huge win for the Dodgers to come back two to oh in this series. Let's get out to the phones. We'll be here till the top of the hour. We'll hear from tai Oscar Hernandez and we'll hear from Mookie Betts coming up throughout Dodger talk. But what a night for the Dodgers. And I know, just based on social media, and that's how we gauge everything in life right now, social media, right but based on the reaction on social media, I got a feeling, I know what everybody wants to talk about. Logan Actually at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Logan, how was it experience it in person tonight as a Dodger fan?
Speaker 4: It was electric, absolutely electric atmosphere, crazy volume them fans, There's something else.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 6: Philly fans are just different. It was a battle for me in the stands, and I can only imagine what it's like up in the dish. Oh my lord, it was insane.
Speaker 1: What about the momentum of this game? Could you feel it there in the ninth inning? Going back to Philadelphia and the Philly is starting to feel pretty confident in the fans back in this game.
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you, I was sitting and this one I liked about Dodgers fans in general.
Speaker 5: You ride it out.
Speaker 6: You don't start booing your players. You don't start, you know, booing your closers when the game is still within reach. Baseball, it's a funny game. But tonight Philadeli had kind of turned on their team and going forward in this playoff, the Dodgers, they're not going to win every game. Us as fans, we gotta know this, and the Dodgers also got to know his players.
Speaker 7: They can't win it all.
Speaker 6: So you just got to ride it out. You know, it was tough trying it in there. It was tough in the moment. I was really heated about it. Give them back out there in LA in a friendly spot.
Speaker 7: It's it's tough dial out here.
Speaker 6: But as fans, I felt like I was remaining holding strong with LA.
Speaker 5: Billy gave up.
Speaker 6: Billy gave up on their team.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see if they show up for Game three. You know they're not going to go down without a fight. A lot of tough guys on that team, a lot of pride on that team, and this is the last goal round for this group in Philadelphia. Logan, glad you made it out of there, Okay, as a Dodger fan, and I know the Dodger nation is happy to be up to own this series against Philadelphia. Thanks a lot Logan, appreciate you checking in here on Dodger Talk eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Solomon in long beat your next up here you're on postgame dodg you talk. Oh sorry about that, Solomon? Go ahead, how you doing any buddy? Good to hear voice.
Speaker 8: I'm good, Thank you man. I appreciate it. You know, a little too close for comfort tonight. Thank god they won because, like you said, if they had not won tonight and Philly comes back to La, all they need is to split and then they're going home feeling good. So you've just about put the dagger in them with this one. But don't expect necessarily the doctors will wrap it up Wednesday, because Phillip's got some fight in them and they may have one win. They may have one win left. But I did want to mention about Dave Roberts. You know you went to Sasaki anyway, right, So don't play with your food. You know, Blake trying to God bless him. It's not the picture that he was last season. He's just not so you can't put him in those high loveing situations. As much as Dave wanted to, he said he trust them. Well, you know, we'll see going forward. You know. That's all I got to say about that. To me, it's just just just as the ninth inning it gets to Sasaki and you know the game is good, but just get me to the ninth inning, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Salmon. Great to hear your voice. I hope you're doing well, my friend. It was a decision that I know Dave Roberts is going to get second guests on all night, all day leading up to Game three and until the Dodgers finished off this series. I understand the move because Roki Sasaki is not pitched two times in three days. But with that being said, you know the schedule, you know what's ahead of you. You know what it takes to win a best of five series. You know how it all lays out. You know you're off days, you know the days you're playing. You have to have known that he'd either he's available or he's not. And the fact that you did go to him in that crunch time in the ninth inning means he was available and maybe you wanted to stay away from him. Okay, all right, we don't really want to go to him. It's a four to one lead. We like trying it. I get it. Play tryning was nails for you last October. Trying it still one of the really good closers, back end bullpen guys in baseball. He's had an up and down season. He's had a rocky twenty twenty five. There is no arguing that. But I see where Dave goes to him. In the ninth inning, he had one of the I think one or two of the three hits that he gave up, flared out to the left, kind of an office away, just making contact, punched it into left field for a base hit. Good piece of hitting. I think one of the three balls was actually hit hard against it. But hey, nonetheless, he gave up hits and he gave up at Harbi double, And with that being said, he got himself into trouble and he had to get bailed out by some great defense Alex Vesia and then rookie Sasaki. But again, I understand where Dodger fans you're gonna come with. If Sazaki wasn't available, then why did you go to him in that emergence situation. Should have just gone to him to start off the ninth inning. I get it now, how many of you are with me because I know Colin ee and social media. Matt were in here, Tim Conway Junior from kfive, I was in here and we were all talking about this and kind of, you know, dissecting it. In the moment, you had runners on first and third and you have Trey Turner coming up as the lineup flipped over for Philadelphia. How many of you thought, Okay, great, Rokie Susaki is coming in. But rookie Susaki has never been in this situation. Rookie Sasaki has never been under this much pressure in the major leagues. I don't want to hear from you that are going after comments on social media. Well you pushing in the world Baseball class. Okay, it's different. This is a playoff game, sold out, crowded Philadelphia RB, one of the toughest places to play, and it's a ninth inning time run ninety feet away and you have to come into this mess. You inherit this mess, but you got to get out of it. And he did to his credit. But how many in the back of your mind were thinking, we've never seen him do it before. We kind of in the back of our mind know the Rokie Susaki at the beginning of part of the season that you know was emotional out there. I mean it's it came into my mind, it came into several of ours mind talking about, Okay, how's he getting ahead of the pressure. All right, if you're gonna give the ball, and you guys are all wanting Sasaki. Here, here's Sasaki. Two outs, first and third, get it out, and he did. He was great at sawing off Trey Turner, who hit a three hopper at a second base to Tommy Edmond. Under pressure. He showed poise, he showed control, and he was able to do it in two pitches and get the Dodgers a win. Huge, huge performance from Roki Sasaki. In my mind, not any more questions. I have no problem putting him in in any situation, home or road. He just checked all the boxes and in my mind, in my mind, he is good to go. I have no problems of putting him into a situation. Whether he inherits a mess or he goes in for a clean inning, he goes in a blowout, or goes in a one run game, doesn't matter to me. I've seen enough out of rookie Sasaki. He's it. He's the guy. He's the guy. Now. Can you use him every single game? No, but it'll be interesting to see how he's deployed now moving forward, and certainly at the day off on Tuesday, he should be good to go since he only threw two pitches, should be good to go for Wednesday. And think about who the Dodgers then will have on Wednesday. Yoshinobu Yamamoto good to go, and pretty much Clayton Kershaw and who else is down there? You use she in So you've got Jack Dryer, You've got Anthony Banda that you can go do down the bullpen. You know, if it's a game once the Dodgers are up with Dave roberts have the you know what to go to Tyler Glass now to try to close it out.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want to keep your starter for the next day in your back pocket. But if it's a close out, oh about this close out situation? Show Hey o Tani, I know Dave Robertson in his pregame today, they're not using show he out of the bullpen. He's a game five starter. But what if? What if? Let's play the what if game? What if the Dodgers are leading, and then Dodgers need just a couple outs late in the game, close it out, finish off the series, put the final nail in the coffin on the series in the season for Philadelphia, why not? There won't be a game five anyways, Finish it off in three. I'm just playing the what if game. We all love to play it. What if We'll find out? On Wednesday with Yoshinoba Yamamoto on the Mound, George in La is next up on Dodger Talk. Dodgers a two zero series lead after a four to three win over the Phillies. What's going on, George?
Speaker 5: Well, just like you said that, you know this is a huge win, but it could have been a huge blunder very easily. I mean roberts Man, I mean god, sometimes I feel he's like he's part of the opposition. I mean, to overthink this thing. We know what Blake Trenton has been like this year. Okay, And I don't understand when you have Sasaki and why would you even do this. There should be a rule that if you're gonna bring in trying and it can't be in a clean any there's got to be at least one out, because the psychological edge between a clean enning and just meeting two outs with someone who's struggling, like trying to even Vesia. Sometimes, like, I don't understand why they would make it this close. There was no reason for it. I mean, Susaki it was clear to me already. I mean, he's our really only option where you make do with what you have, and the guy's like been nails for us, at least for us small sample size. Yes, but my god, look what Trinin's been doing. So I'm glad we want but you know, like, let's stop coddling these guys with Susaki's in great shape. You haven't played the whole year he's lasted. He's twenty three years old. He's in better shape than anyone listening to this show right now. So I don't understand. I hope we've learned our lessons, But with just Roberts, sometimes, my god, I feel like like we were back to square one sometimes. So I just hope he learned from this and just really plays it like it should be played. It's don't overthink it, he says. That's what the playoffs sometimes can make a manager do. That's my only comment, right.
Speaker 1: George, I appreciate the phone call Eather in Utah checking in on Dodger Talk after a Dodgers four to three win over the Phillies and a two to oher series lead. Now in this NLD is how you do it? Heather?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, how are you? How are we doing Dodger Nation? That was absolutely insane, crazy game, screaming with excitement that we want. There are so many things that I could say that we've already kind of all talked about that I'm so excited about. Like the will play from Mooki to Mounsey to Mooky was insane. I loved how the game ended from Roki say coming to Freddy for the say. It helped Freddy skips that up, Like who is Freddy? Like he's insane? We need to retire his jersey. He is an incredible Hugger player. I mean, this man is on fire in the postseason, even if it's bad asn't I mean that man will dive for all these players were diving to sacrifice. It was a great he win. And I hope, I hope Mickey Roond's okay diving at third. There was just so many good plays. But I also we got to give Blake smell as flowers. He did an amazing tonight nine strikeouts, and his last two games he's pitched as the doctor in the postseason, He's had eighteen strikeouts, two point ninety two era. He is delivering. He is smell Villa. And the final thing that I want to say is welcome back Will Smith. I think, for as much crap as Dave Roberts gets, you got to give him props for putting Will Smith in at the right time and making sure that that Ren came in and that Will was up to that. That was huge having wils back. So just overall, I'm so proud of this team. That was a gritty win and we really needed it. That was not easy to go in and get two games and wins coming too up coming home at Philadelphia. So I'm just super super punked for.
Speaker 1: Our team, no doubt about it. Heather, I appreciate the phone call. Eight six two. Blakes now now has four career postseason outings with nine plus strikeouts and nor more than two hits allowed. That's the most by any pitcher in MLB history. And by the way, the Dodgers have scored four runs in thirteen consecutive postseason games, now tied with the nineteen seventy and seventy one Baltimore Orioles for the longest streak in postseason history. So yeah, tonight an all around really good win for the Dodgers and they get out of Philadelphia with a two nothing series lead. Colin in Long Beach next up here on Dodger Talk on an FI seventy. How you doing Colin, Hey, I'm doing great.
Speaker 10: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 10: Obviously quite obviously the biggest win of the season for the Dodgers. As you spoke about the momentum, they can't they can't lose that game being up like that. And Dave Roberts is an excellent manager. He's got a World Series ring, well two if you count twenty twenty. He uh just plays the fire. He really plays the fire at the end in the bullpen. Roki showed us enough in the first game when he closed it out. Period. He's the closer.
Speaker 8: He's the closer.
Speaker 10: And I can't say enough about the defense. As Heather said, we hope Miggy's okay. But that dive into third the wheel play Freddie's pick. That's why those guys get paid big bucks. It's not just the bat, and they haven't had to necessarily flash the glove as much, but they did tonight, and you know, it was just fantastic pitching Lizardo and Snow. I mean, that's that's about as efficient as you'll ever see two starters pitch, and really two of the best teams. It's not the best teams in baseball, so.
Speaker 1: Tonight and the offense taken over late in the game call and I appreciate the phone call. It was certainly great postseason back and forth baseball between these two teams who are both really good teams, and two teams that, over the course of one hundred and sixty two games, won a lot of games, won their division. And we knew this was going to be a battle in the NLTS. That's why so many baseball people wanted to see this series in a best of seven series in the NLCS, because these are just two good teams. But you know what if the best of five and the Dodgers had to go into Philadelphia for the first two and they get great pitching performances from Blake Snell and show Hey Otani and the bullpen. Well, they walk that tightrope oh so high tonight, and as it is, Rookie Sasaki brings them home with a two out ground ball out to get Trey Turner to grind out to second and end the game in the Dodgers hang on, hang on for a four to three win. Let's head back out to Philadelphia. Mookie Betts, who was a part of that great wheel play in the ninth inning to tag out Costianos at third on the attempted bun attempt from Bryson Stott. Here from Mooki after the win.
Speaker 2: Mukie, obviously the play in the ninth inning was huge to get Castianos out. Max months he said during the pitching change, it was your idea, your insistence to go to the wheel play. Where did that come from? And where were those instincts to know that was the play.
Speaker 11: It's just another learned behavior. I got to give that credit to Mickey Rojas.
Speaker 1: We I think we did it.
Speaker 11: We did it earlier in the year in Anahei, and I remember asking him, like, you know, when's a good time to do it, he said, in a door die situation. And he's really been him and what have really helped me a lot just learning situations, and I hadn't been in that situation in a game like this, so I just trusted it and made a decision and they worked.
Speaker 2: Does that just showed the growth that you've had at that position because it is a take charge kind of captain position For you to feel that comfortable to insist on it, I mean that kind of shows where you're at.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I guess, you know, I don't know if it was very comfortable, but somebody's got to do it.
Speaker 1: And I figured that if.
Speaker 11: There was ever a good time to make a decision and roll with it, that was the time.
Speaker 10: I'm I'm a wheel play.
Speaker 12: The short stop typically isn't as close to second as your positioned.
Speaker 1: It looked like you just dead sprinted toward third base.
Speaker 11: Uh increased the degree of difficulty there. I don't know, just God blessed me with some athleticism so I was able to, Uh, you just kind of put it on display there.
Speaker 7: You're talking the other day about like you just don't have to think through things that shorts off as much shoting or was that one of those examples where like it instinctually kind of kicked out.
Speaker 8: Feel like this is the right.
Speaker 3: Thing to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like I said, MIGGI told me, and all you had to do was tell me once and I just remembered and that was to me, that was like a do a dye situation. Now, I thank for them. Tying the game up turns off the momentum there, so for the final way to stop it, we can't. That would be great, And like I said, I just made a decision and roll with it.
Speaker 8: Rookie.
Speaker 2: You guys took their best shot. It was somewhat of a desperation game for them. They're down oh two, Now, how good do you feel about where you're at going back home?
Speaker 11: Feel all right? But you know them boys are They're hungry. They're hungry, and they're gonna come. They're gonna come ready to go back in La. So we can't let our guard down at all because if so, they'll run right through it. And uh, we'll be coming back here for game five. So but make sure we stay ready and stay hungry.
Speaker 5: I bet Davids when William and not just like let you sort of call that play, but also like pushing forward, that's what say that that the trust that he kind of has to be that spot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he trust trustes guys. Man, he trustes guys. We've been together for I don't even know how many years, but so we we have an idea of what each other can do. We are we do a pretty good job of putting each other in the good spots to be successful. And that was one of those times where Doc kind of just called on us and said, you guys, figure it out, and in a in a very positive way, like he trusts us.
Speaker 1: And we did leave it to the Dodgers leadership to get it done there. In the ninth Inny Mookie Betts, Max Munsei and a great defensive play on the wheel play on the Bunn attempt from Bryson Stotts to get Castianos in third. It was a huge momentum shift for the Dodgers to get back in front of this game against the Philadelphia Phillies, get that time run away from third base for at least a few at bats, and then finally with runners on first and third and two outs, they go to Roki Sasaki. Is there any question out that Sasaki is the guy? Is there any question that the rest of this postseason in a closeout game situation, it's got to be Roki Sasaki, and somebody's got to translate to him. Somebody's got to tell Dave Roberts, somebody's got to let everybody know the schedule is what it is and buckle up, because if he's got to pitch two days in two games in three days, or pitch and close out games and back to back nights with a day off after that, then so be it. But there's got to be that plan in place, and there's got to be that accepted in place from Roki Susaki that that is the plan moving forward. There's no more testing it out, there's no more let's see if he can do this two games in three days. The training wheels are off and he is now full go. As far as the Dodger closer, at least for the rest of this postseason. He is missed right now for the Dodgers' bullpen and to close out games eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two, five to seventy. We'll take a break, we'll come back, and more your phone calls. To the top of the hour. Dodgers get the win over the Phillies. They hang on for a four to three victory over the Philadelphia Phillies. Blake Snell, six shutout innings, Dodgers offense at four runs seventh, and the Dodgers' bullpen three different relievers combined to pitch the ninth inning. It's Roki Sasaki to the rescue gets the final out of the game. Thanks to Freddie Freeman as well for the pick and the Dodgers heading home with a two to zero series lead. Here on A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: AM five seventy LA Sports. Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online. We stream every game too. Come find it.
Speaker 3: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports next year.
Speaker 1: Kicks and fire Stop gets the bunt down to third, picked up by Munsie. He goes to third and Castianos is gonna be out. They execute the play to perfection.
Speaker 3: Rick Mundane Salute Gutsy played by Max Munsey.
Speaker 1: Wanta play by the Dodgers infield. The wheel play done to perfection. You practice it, You do it growing up in baseball when you're practice fielding bunts and wanna play work to perfection. Mookie Bett's putting the tag on Costianos at third, getting him out of scoring position, and the Dodgers come back with four runs in the seventh they take the lead, and they go on to win a four to three and they hang on for the victory after the Dodgers' bullpen again a little dice in the ninth inning, Blake trying in first three batters he faced, all reached, he comes out, Alex Vesi comes in. The first batter he faced, was that fielder's choice on the wheel play base hit another fielder's choice, runners on first and third, and Roki Sasaki finally comes in and gets the final out of the game, not before Freddie Freeman, though, had to make a great pick at first base. And I'll keep saying it until as long as I'm here. Freddie Freeman deserves a Gold Glove. Get him another gold glove. He won one in Atlanta. The fact that he has been at Dodger now since twenty twenty two and he still has not won a Gold Glove. For all the plays he makes at first base, all the throws he saves from Dodger and infielders, and tonight a big one, a backhanded pick stretched out like a goaltender in hockey, the throw from Tommy Edmond for the final out of the game, and the Dodgers ken Helm now with a two to zero series lead in this best of five and LCS Leo and Pasadena your next up on Dodger Talk on a five seventy. How you doing Leo?
Speaker 8: I'm doing really good. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good. I'm starting to lose my voice with all this talking and yelling and screaming, but certainly it makes it all feel good with the Dodger win.
Speaker 12: I was trying to work because I was watching the game.
Speaker 1: That was painful.
Speaker 12: But I have to say I don't want to be I don't want the Dodgers Stiles to be like the Kibi Bans. I don't really think there's a reason to trast rowerds for this game. I think that he needed to try our other relievers because as rochesters, I agree with you is for sure closer moving forward. We have a lot of games ahead of us, hopefully, so we need to have other alternatives in this game. If you look at the matchups, it look perfect for trying and it didn't work. And one of the main things that showed that Roberts have changed his own completely in the past few years. Keep pulling at the right time. Brought Denis, Yeah, leave him in only for the pitches that made sense, and then brought Sasaki.
Speaker 8: The way he managed the.
Speaker 1: Last inning was masterful.
Speaker 8: It's easy to.
Speaker 12: Just go with, oh, Turner is not that good whatever. Yeah, he hasn't been great, but the matchup made sense, and we as we said, we need to let the players play for them to improve. I think the new Roberts, yeah, pull them on time anyway.
Speaker 1: And with jo on the fact that I didn't have a problem with him going to Blake Trining in the ninth inning, because you're gonna have to go to him at some point. You're gonna have to use him throughout the rest of this postseason. You're just gonna have to. And with that being said, he's been there, done that. He's gotten you out of big situations, he saved games, he's been a high leverage reliever for you, and you have trust in him. Now this three battered minimum, keep in mind, that's why he had to be out there for three batters, and all three batters reached base, including the Nick Castianos to run double. If he's out there and there's no three batter men them, I'm telling you he's not getting to batter three because he's out of there before that. But he has to face three batters, and then at the soonest point, he could Dave Roberts goes out there and brings in Alex Vessius. Certainly, with the left handers coming up after that, it made sense as well to bring a left handed reliever in. But I don't have a problem with it. But if your issue was we don't know if Sasaki can pitch two games in three days, well clearly you thought he could because you brought him in with two outs in a high leverage situation with the tye run ninety feet away. Why not just go to him to start the ninth if that's the situation. I mean, I understand going to trin it. I would have understand Sasaki as well, but the whole we didn't know if he can go two games in three days. Well what changed, certainly was the sense of urgency in that ninth Inny, with some guys getting on base and traffic on the bass pass the tying run it on base, and all of a sudden and the sense of urgency and panic kind of set in. And that's my word panic. They're not panicking, but the sense of urgency is through the roof. So you yogas you go to Sasaki. So he can't pitch two games in three days, and he only needed two pitches to get Trey Turner and get the win for you, And now you're heading home with a two O series lead. Daniel's Jewelers presents the home run for cast. Go to Anti seventy la sports dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jeweler's gift card just for predicting the number of home runs to the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream Doris and Lahabra THEYKT for to be Impatient. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Doris?
Speaker 11: I'm good?
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good now. The Dodgers got that win tonight and have a two O series lead. I'm feeling really good about them coming back home.
Speaker 14: I know, I was on my way home and I you know, I was like, oh four, there are four and nothing and I was say, they had a good lead going and then I heard Who's coming in and everything just kind of think a little bit. But you know, the nerves definitely came back from when you know, the dog were in Baltimore and he came in, and you know, we had that heartbreak of a game, and that's all I could think about when this happened. But you know, he does have a good record trendon with being good in the past. But I just don't think a playoff game should be a confidence, you know, seeking opportunity to see if he's going to maybe achieve what they want him to, you know, and so I really think that they could have cost us a game tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate the phone call. I don't think it was to see if he's okay and can get out of whatever he's been in, because he's been good the last few times out. In fact, the last three outings for Blake Trin and he has not given up a run. You go back to that Saturday game against the Seattle Mariners, comes in, pitches an any, strikes out, three, gives up a hit. He pitched the two games against the Cincinnati Reds a total of an inning in a third, no runs, just one hit in those two outings, struck out two, pitched well. Even go back before the Seattle outing. In what it says, four the last five times he's been out on the mountain he has not given up a run. So he has done well the last week plus of the season, including the two games against the Cincinnati Reds. So you're not experimenting, you're not trying to see if he's back to the form that Blake Tryon had a year ago. You've got confidence in him. In fact, you're not putting somebody in a postseason game right now if you don't have confidence in him. If there's any wavering possibilities that this guy may or may not get an out, then he shouldn't be on the roster. Then he shouldn't certainly not be going into a game. And they have all the confidence in Blake trying And again I just rattled off the numbers, no runs and two appearances against the Reds. Four out of the last five outings. He's only give up one run in all those innings of work. So you got to feel good about the way he was going into the night's game. Certainly, the outcome and the results weren't there for Blake trying, but the guys behind him picked him up, and boy did the defense pick him up. And then Roki Sasaki coming in to get the final outs. Able in LA. Thanks for being Paci to your next up on Dodger Talk, Hi doing able?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 7: Long time listener and longtime Dodger fans. What a game did? But you know what, let's keep away from what Dave did at the end. What about himy? I mean, he did great. He those two innings that he pitched. I mean, those are big endings for him because we had just scored the four runs. I know he gave up a run, but you know he pitched a great two innings coming off of Blake's now start, and you got to give him credit to I mean, or we're bashing here at Blake tried it. But you know what Blake did for us last year. Look what he did for us in the World Series. Do not forget that, guys, everybody's forget And I know it's a different year, it's a different Blake. He's been to a lot this year. Blake tried and through some nasty stuff last year in the World Series for us and we can't forget about him. And that's all I'd like to say. Thank you for getting my call, Tim, and go Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All right, Abel, I appreciate thanks for checking in, Ken and Newport Beach. Ken, Welcome to Dodger Talk. How you doing on this Monday night. Certainly feel a lot better after escaping that ninth inning, right, I have no.
Speaker 15: Idea, you know, Tim, you said the exact thing.
Speaker 8: I was thinking.
Speaker 15: They lost that game because they put trying it in for one thing, you know, two and seven record with a five forty era this year. I don't think I could have accepted that. But the momentum would have changed team. Look at fans were booing their team. If they won that game, they would have had all the momentum coming back. And now that yeah, we've got our best pictures pitching next. But still you said it. I agree, that was momentum and it was the best win I've seen in a long time. And by the way, Freddie Freeman grand Slam home run last year to win everything. That catch, which was really tough, was right there with that Grand Slam. Amazing and phenomenal, and thank you Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 1: No doubt he was fantastic tonight defensively, and he has been all season long, and he has been the last three years in dodge of uniform. And I'm just watching the replay of the wheel play in the ninth inning with nobody out and Costianos at second, Bryson Stotts lays down a bunt and you run a wheel play. But you're taught as a hitter that if you see the third baseman crashing and you see the shortstop running the third, you are to slash or you're to pull the bunt back and hit. You're not supposed to go through with the bunt. But it was a late release for Max Mounsey and an even later release from Mookie Betts from going to the shortstop position to cover third. And the speed as you heard Max or Rookie Bets say that God given speed that he was given to get over to third base before Costianos to get there, turn his body straddle third base, and the throw from Max Mounsey had to be perfect, high, throw, a pick, a throw behind Mookie Bets, a throw out in front of him that he's got a stretch and go out and get Costianos slides in safe at third but a perfectly thrown gets it, spins throws right to the glove that's going down towards the bag to tag Costianos, who sliding in a bang bang play worked to perfection for the Dodgers and Max Munsey and Mookie Betts. Great fielding, great throw, great job staying in there like a quarterback about to take a hit. He stayed in there while Costianos slid it and took him out at third, held onto the ball for the out. It was a huge play and it stopped, my opinion, it stopped the momentum and it allowed the Dodgers to catch their breath and regroup with Alex Vessi on the mound. It did. It stopped that train of momentum that the Phillies were building and building, and you felt like, oh no, there's no way the Dodgers can stop it. And that play at third on the bunch to get Costianos out was huge. Blake, my guy, Blake and Colorado's late night for you, buddy, but certainly worth the wait. As the Dodgers come back home with a two oh series lead.
Speaker 16: My man, yeah, I'm really glad that dodgis won today. I mean I'm see him was amazing, but Blake trying in. We have to stop putting him in these situations. We got to stop putting them. We have to have Welcome to SHAKEI Pismo and great place by everyone today, and I'm really glad that Dodges has have then today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited for the Dodgers. That was a huge win on the road in a two oh series. Lead Blake, We'll check back with you a couple of days, all right.
Speaker 8: Buddy, we're not going to be back.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If the Dodgers clinch on Wednesday, DV is in with postgame h If they clinch on Thursday, Dv's back in. If this game, he's got to go back to Philadelphia, I'll be back with you on Thursday. So I know you like talking to me. I love talking to you, but I hope I'm not talking to you because that means the Dodgers win, right Blake? Yeah, all right, buddy, good to hear your voice. Thanks for being patient tonight. That's my guy Blake in Colorado? Is he wrap things up on this Monday night? I'm starting to lose my voice. Help me out?
Speaker 8: Is he? Well?
Speaker 13: A great game? Tonight. I'm mother about the Dodgers now, but it was a great game tonight, so I'm happy they were. I knew, I knew, I knew Blake would be good tonight, that it had the film, he wouldn't be good tonight. So it was just a great Greg John Yeah, Blake trying them but Dodger and then I forget he did when they were championship, you know that year. You know he did, and you haven't looked here, but I think, hey, I rather have him the Tennis gard people don't get me started, well, I'll try. I'll try to cost more black bull Dodgers and did bring the Black Hood lived when I'm winday because I'm really a really sick and tired sailing because to my pigs is Sailly, same because she lived in Silly. So some day, some time living the enemy. So anyway, to your lady.
Speaker 1: All right, Isabelle, great to hear your voice. Good to check in with you as always. That's gonna do it for Dodger talk on this Monday night. Whoo Colin, what a night man, what a night it was, Dodgers getting to win a thrilling victory at the Bank in Philadelphia, a pitcher's duel for six innings, Dodgers scored four to seventh, Philly chopped back with one to make it a four to one game after eight, and then the ninth inning things got weird, as they say, but it was rookie Susaki to close it out and Freddie Freeman to save the day defensively, and the Dodgers headed home a happy flight back from Philadelphia after a four to three victory to go up two games to zero in this Best the five NLDS Game three Wednesday night at Doctor Stadium, Morono Casino, Dodgors on deck and five first pitches, six oh eight, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Aaron Nola the pitching matchup until then, have a great safe rest of your Monday night. Don't forget scam back at at six am tomorrow morning. So long, everybody,