Speaker 1: Like the falls on Home Run Perfect. I'm ready to go. Welcome to the World Series, Dodger Fans.
Speaker 2: Is playoff time when your favorite show.
Speaker 3: I Love you, you know I do.
Speaker 4: Thirteen wins is all in, Take on half and escape for you.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a World series edition of Dodger Talk. Get in on the action at eight, six, six, nine, eighty seven.
Speaker 4: This guy eats Breeze, sleeps baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers World Series Baseball list brought to you by La County Public Works Recycling Beverage Containers is a triple play and by Children's Hospital LA, creating hope and building healthier futures for over one hundred twenty four years.
Speaker 6: Now we go to your award winning broadcasters of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Here's your host of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: It's only been fourteen years. Every day, David Vasse. Welcome the Dodger Talk. David Vasse live Dodgers Stadium. After the Blue Jays win game four six to two, eight six six, nine, eight seven two, five seventy is the phone number. We have one line open right now. We are with you until ten o'clock. We will get more postgame reaction. Jose Moto will join us in forty minutes. But there's a few things to unpack between now and then. Number One, great effort by Shoho Tani after an incredible game last night that saw him on base all nine times last night, including being intentionally walked four times in extra innings. Last night, he had four hits last night, he scored three times. He was the Dodger offense. He willed the Dodgers through those first nine innings. But tonight there's only so much he can do. I mean, yeah, you asked him to carry you offensively last night. You're asking him to start game four and be the man on the mound.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 4: He ya everything he had and even got into the seventh inning, just started to run out of gas and the Blue Jays scored four runs. The Dodgers need somebody else outside of sho Hao Tani offensively to step up. You look at some of the guys that we are accustomed to knowing stepping up in October. Max Munsei, who came up in a critical spot in the bottom of the sixth inning with runners at first and second and one out, facing the left handed pitcher Mason flew Hardy, who just came in, he swings at the first pitch and flies out, doesn't even have a productive out. Monsei in this World Series is three for seventeen, and then Tommy Edman, hitting from the right side, gets spun to death again and strikes out and the Dodgers don't score a run in that sixth inning. Mookie Betts. Anybody's seen Mooki Betts lately, seen him play good defense. But he's hitting second behind sho he Otani. The Dodgers need some offense from Mookie Bets. You could talk about benching Andy Pahez all you want, and I'm in favor of that, you know, I have been for the last couple of games. But the Dodgers need Max Muncie, they need Tommy Edmund, and they certainly need Mooky Bets. Mooki Bets is three for nineteen in this World Series without an RBI. In fact, Mooki Bets in the Championship Series and in this World Series the first four games is a combined five for thirty four with one extra base hit. Bets was two for fifteen in the NLCS that saw the Dodgers sweep. He is three for nineteen in the World Series. He has seven fly ball outs in his last two games. How many times did Mooki Bets pop up last night? After show Heotani was intentionally walked. He is in a critical spot in the batting order. They need Mookie Bets to be more than just a defensive shortstop. If he's hitting second behind Sho Heyo Tani, they need him. I'm sorry. I mean, you could talk about Poez all you want. Nobody loves Mookie Bets more than I do, and they need him to step up. And look, I was listening to Derek Jeter on Colin Coward. I know I'm gonna reference Jeet, but Derek Jeter is referencing the two thousand and one World Series, which ended up the Yankees losing, where he got that headline mister November going into that game where he saved the Yankees on November first. He only had one hit in the World Series, so the narrative can change really quickly. Nobody will remember the first four games of Mookie Bets only having three hits. If he can deliver in the next two or three games for the Dodgers and get them to a World Series championship, That's how quickly people forget. That's how quickly people would forget Max Munsey's struggles, Tommy edmund struggles, ta Oscar Hernandez's struggles. It changes quickly game to game the narrative. But the reality is, you know, talking to Nomar Garcia Para before yesterday's game, he diagnosed Mookie Bets perfectly. If you watch his at bats the last two games and even going back to the championship series, it looks like the Mookie Bets that was struggling for the first one hundred games of the season. He's dropping his back, shoulder down, and he's trying to scoop every pitch for a home run. He needs to get line drives up the middle, pull for power line dry pulls. He hit a line drive right at the third baseman Ernie Clement.
Speaker 1: But they need Mookie.
Speaker 4: Bets, I'm sorry they do, especially if Shoeotani's going to pitch the night after eighteen innings. They needed Mookie Betts to step up and be a big offensive player. Now, as far as Andy pie haz Goes was tonight an indication Dave Roberts is finally thinking that he needs to go with a different center fielder in Game five here at Dodgers Stadium, and I was assured today that Tommy Edmonds right ankle, right foot was good enough to go in center field.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: Is he as good of a defensive center fielder as Andy pai haes, or with a strong arm as Andy Pott, or as strong of an arm as Andy pai has right now? Absolutely not. But you need some offense. The Dodgers have only scored three runs in their last twenty innings. I would love to see Miguel Rojas playing second base in Game five and Tommy Edmond playing center field in Game five. I have said that the last couple of after the last couple of games, going back to Toronto after Game one, and I wasn't sure about Tommy d Men's health as far as the right ankle goes. But last night he played six innings and extra innings. You think his ankle knows whether or not it's extra innings or if it's just a regular day.
Speaker 1: Of course not.
Speaker 4: I know Dave Roberts is really loyal and believes in his players and doesn't want to abendon Paez, but the reality is he's overmatched right now in his first everyday postseason. Now, if you want him in there for defense later in the game by all means, but I would love to see a game. You've got to change the dynamics of this lineup. It's stale. It's not working. It hasn't been working. Even going back to the Brewers Championship series. They've gotten big time home runs at critical times to help them score runs.
Speaker 1: But right now it's not happening.
Speaker 4: And I know Tommy Edmond's not having that much better of a world series, but it's more about getting Miguel Rojas in there and having a guy that can turn that lineup over and maybe somehow, some way have men on bas for Showy Otani when he comes to the plate. I know everybody has short memories, and even the teams will change the narrative from year to year, game to game, series to series, but I remember I remember talking to members of the Padres coaching staff last NLDS and they said the key to winning their series against the Dodgers was keeping men on base. Keeping men off base when Otani came to the plate. That made Otani that much more difficult to pitch around, made him much more difficult to pitch to when there are runners on base, not even scoring position runners on base. That has not occurred on a regular basis in the last two rounds and so far in the first four games. So that's my thought process in changing the dynamics of the bottom of the order. And mister october Keike Hernandez, he made a nice catch over the left field short wall. But he's three for sixteen in the World Series. But I will say this again, the narrative changes with one hit. At this time of the year. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number before we get to the phone calls. Let's head downstairs to hear from Mookie Bets on Sports and at LA.
Speaker 2: I think he pitched a really good game. I mean, he kept it out at the middle of the plate.
Speaker 8: He pitched a really good game.
Speaker 2: You tip your cap to a really good picture with that.
Speaker 9: I mean, is there does it feel like I don't think it's pressure per se, but just kind of wanting to get things going offensively consistently.
Speaker 5: Is there everything amongst the group in that.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I think it's just part of it. I mean, I think obviously we would love to score ten every game, but uh, that's not the case. And you know, like I said, we would love to get going, but you just have to play. And so it's all you have to do is just play and see what happens. Serious enough, Tie two too, like, how would you describe the way things.
Speaker 10: Have shifted them? Taken the first one?
Speaker 1: You guys taking two and three of them there on four.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a series and it's a seven game. That's why you play seven games. I mean, like I said before, man, they they're not in the World Series by luck. So they're really bo really good ball club for.
Speaker 8: You mentally emotional, what's kind of the next twenty four hours about?
Speaker 9: How do you how do you process so you're mentally ready tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Do the same thing I do every day. Just go to sleep, do my homework, and uh come to the park right and hang out with the boys and get ready to play. I mean, there's no you can't do more ad extra stuff to this. It's's it's ourry enough, so we can't add more to yourself.
Speaker 4: All right, there's MOOKI bets and look, maybe a phone call the JD Martinez could help because JD helped get his season going in the last sixty games, and you know they had a batting cage cam on the Fox Sports National broadcast during last night's game tonight's game, and MOOKI was in that cage. If there's one thing you don't have to worry about when it comes to Mookie Bets, it's a lack of work ethic and determination to try to fix things. And hopefully he can do that because they need him. It's a big enough sample size now, Mookie Bets, in his last thirty four at bats in the postseason, has one extra base hit. He's three for nineteen in this World Series. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I know this Dodger offense didn't give fans a lot to cheer for, but if you're coming to the game tomorrow fifty thousand and plus, you gotta be a little bit louder. You're paying a lot of money for these tickets. Make yourself be heard. Let's go out to Mike, who is at Dodgers Stadium, to the MI Mike, you were at Dodger Stadium tonight, tell us what was going on. And you know you can't just wait for the Dodgers to entertain you. You gotta be that tenth.
Speaker 11: Man well, hey, look, I didn't go to the last night's game, yesterday's game, but I was there tonight and I was there early. My son took me. First time I've ever been in the World Series, so I was excited. I was astounded by how the crowd was so quiet after the first inning. It was like a morgue. I was like, where's the where's the spirit? Where's and the pace announcer was trying to get everybody going, but they seen everybody seem flat, from the players to the audience. Everyone was real flat. And I want to say some deep days. You's some really good points about them not scoring an he runs, you hit us, some key issues about Mookie and maybe Roberts needs to shake the lineup up a little bit. Look, Will Smith's a great hitter, and he takes a lot of pitches and he squares up on the ball. Why don't we move Will up a little bit, maybe push Mookie Donald spot or two. I mean, just to try to shake up the lineup and do something to wake these guys up. Other than Will Freddie Freeman's hitting the ball pretty good. And uh, you know Otani, the poor guy. I felt for him. He looked tired. To me, he looked tired, and would I would be tired. What the hell you're out there extra innings? Give me all you got, and he's still running the bases and he goes and pitches. It was it was very disappointing to see the fans not trying to be a little bit more involved. I've lost my voice screaming, but I.
Speaker 1: Could hear it.
Speaker 4: I can hear it. I think you brought up some good points, Mike. I think you brought up some good points. Rest that voice, and don't lose faith. The Dodgers have three more chances to win two more games, and Snell Zilla, trust me, is not going to have two clunkers in the World Series.
Speaker 11: Well, Dave, I believe in the Dodgers. I'm sixty seven years old. I've seen them win and I've seen them lose, and I'm gonna stick with my Dodgers all the way through this two twenty twenty five season. We're gonna pull this out. These guys will come.
Speaker 1: Through, all right, Mike, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 4: I have no doubt Blake Snell is going to have a much better start than he did in Game one. The Dodgers just need to get this offense going. Let's go out to Felix, who also was at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Felix, should I blame you for the flat crowd tonight?
Speaker 12: Thanks?
Speaker 13: I don't think I'm going to blame but thanks to Yeah. I also wanted to comment on that, if I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to call out mookie bets, and if I'm going to call out Andy Pie has some mookie bets, maybe I should call out Felix.
Speaker 1: At Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a bat in my hands, but.
Speaker 12: So I think.
Speaker 13: One of the things that I do agree that the atmosphere was flat. I know that that's not the reason why we lost the game, but I think it still matters. And part of the reason why I think the atmosphere was flat was I think that there wasn't a lot of room for more natural like interaction between the crowd and what was going on in the game. Granted, like you said, the Dodgers' offense really gave us a whole lot to cheer about, but I think I feel like the in stadium entertainment was a little over manufactured, overproduced, and it didn't really leave room for the crowd to more organically respond to what was happening on the field or build up tension.
Speaker 12: And to that.
Speaker 13: So yeah, there tonight, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Felix, that's fair.
Speaker 4: I like the organic crowd being able to crescendo at a certain point.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers lose Game four the World Series six to two to the Blue Jays. This World Series is evened up at two games a piece. Let's head back downstairs to the press conference room to hear from Sho Hao Tani, who has done almost everything in his power to will the Dodgers to wins in this fall classic.
Speaker 14: How many hours of sleep did you get last night? What time did you get to bed? And did you feel any differently today on the mound that you do during a normal start?
Speaker 5: Thank you myself?
Speaker 10: Certain second?
Speaker 15: Al right, man, slept at two a m felt pretty good about, you know, being able to have quality sleep.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and then did you you felt about the same as you normally.
Speaker 14: Do during a start.
Speaker 15: Hi day, Yes, I was able to get on the mound in pretty good condition about six rows.
Speaker 14: Back on your in the right center, Fabian, Yeah, Showy, why do you think you guys as an offense maybe haven't quite been able to click in October quite like you were able to during the regular season.
Speaker 8: Posted.
Speaker 15: Uh, I mean, we're facing quality arms this time of the year against really good teams, and we're facing the top of the you know, the best of the best, So I think it's not that easy. But at the same time, we could do, you know, at least the bare minimum.
Speaker 9: And uh to be able to put up some runs tours behind the last bill and.
Speaker 16: The last night was a weird game because of all the intentional walks. But generally, what are the differences that you find in how teams pitch you when the guys ahead of you get on base as opposed to tonight when they don't get on base.
Speaker 10: Socially, not even.
Speaker 15: Regardless of postseason, regular season. I think when there's guys on bass versus not on bass, you're just gonna just see, uh, just different ways of being attacked. But my my approach is pretty simple. You know, I swing as strikes and don't swing at balls, and that's how I evaluate myself.
Speaker 4: There you go, right there, show hail Tani said it in a non critical way when there are runners on base for him, he gets pitched differently. We saw that in the postseason last year, and we're not just seeing and we're not seeing it consistently this year.
Speaker 1: Also, he said, he went to bed at two a m.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, show hey for sticking around for Dodger Talk because that's the time and we ended the show last or this morning, So show hey listen to Dodger Talk and said two am.
Speaker 1: That's it, lights out, So thank you.
Speaker 4: Otani Son eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Mike who is at Dodger Stadium tonight. How about that, Mike Ohtani listened to Dodger Talk and went to sleep after that.
Speaker 17: Hey, if I'm listening, Dave Otani should be listening.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Thank you Mike.
Speaker 17: Uh yeah, Dave listen. You know, as always, everything you're saying is totally valid. Both the atmosphere at the stadium tonight and and the team isself. But I'm not I'm not a basher, and I'm also a positive person and I'm upbeat. We live it last night, we'll come back tomorrow.
Speaker 12: We're going to win.
Speaker 17: So I'm not worried about that when I want to change up tiny bit real quick. I just want to give a huge shout out to our radio broadcast through crew, your your friends, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday. I've had a chance to listen a few snippets of other teams postseason calls, other teams that the announcers are really just playing it up for the home crowd. Our guys are baseball fans. I listened to Stephen Nelson. I was on the way to the game that I was late because I had to finish work. I heard Gladdie's home run tonight off the show. Hey Steven Nelson, you could hear that he's still excited you so, I know you know it's not a good Dodger moment, but you could hear that he's excited for an exciting postseason moment. And that's what That's what fans should be listening to great radio calls by great broadcasters. I think we have the best, the best home broadcasters in the business. He's your boys on AM five seventy and I love listening to it.
Speaker 1: You guys are amazing, awesome. Mike, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 4: And I actually believe that Steven Nelson had a great call on the Freddie Freeman walk off home run. He should be really proud of that one. Thank you, Mike for the compliments. I'm sure Rick Monday and Steven Nelson will well. Steven probably will replay that and post it on his Instagram tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Eight six six nine.
Speaker 4: Eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number Dodgers fall to the Blue Jays in Game four of the World Series six to two, less than twenty four hours after beating the Blue Jays in Game three of the World Series in eighteen innings and coming up later in the show, I have a great story for you that Mark Pryor relayed to me as far as what was happening in the dugout between him and Yamamoto as Yamamoto forced his way to warm up for a possible nineteenth inning in Game three. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number speaking of Mark Pryor. He also lives in San Diego. Not sure if this is him Mark in San Diego. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 12: I'm okay, Dave, not Mark Pryor.
Speaker 7: First of all, thank you for speaking the truth about where this organization is with Mookie at the moment and with the spies. These are two things that have been just punching this organization in the face over the last couple of theories, and it's making it really difficult to sit here and watch them make these decisions without without making some changes. Please bear with me here on the my thoughts on the seventh inning. I'm sure you, like me, thought Showhey was not going to be returning to the mound for the sixth.
Speaker 1: I actually thought he would after he retired them in order.
Speaker 4: I was all in with Otani going back out for the seventh considering how many pitchers the Dodgers used yesterday and the limited number of relievers that were available to Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: So no, we disagree on that, but go ahead.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, that's where we will disagree. Then I was shocked to see him. I'm out to the mound and the seventh.
Speaker 3: Much, thank you.
Speaker 4: So what else was your issue with the seventh I honestly, Mark Mark the way things were playing out and have played out last night and tonight, with how many relievers Dave Roberts used.
Speaker 1: We know that the Dodger's strength as their starting pitching.
Speaker 4: O'tani had just used a minimum number of pitches to retire the Jayson order, the meat of their order, and I had no issues with him coming out for the seventh and going batter to batter. I'm a big fan of that at that stage of the game, going batter to batter. But I know where you're going with this, and I agree the Dodgers have got to realize that. Unfortunately, Blake Trining was used to the max last year and he's just not the same guy this season, hasn't been all year.
Speaker 1: At some point, there's got to be a realization of that.
Speaker 12: Thank you, that right there tells me that, Dave, And I'm sorry, but I will say this.
Speaker 1: Mark, Mark.
Speaker 4: I will say this in defense of Dave Roberts. Blake Trenton was one of those handful of relievers that were available because he hardly threw any pitches last night, so there really wasn't too many other directions he could go in after Banda right there. So it's hard for me to criticize him bringing in Trenton. I'm just stating a fact. You know, moving forward, this was out of necessity. Mark is what I'm trying.
Speaker 12: To say, when you talk to Dave tomorrow, can you ask him his thought process on his belief in Snell tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Which I'm an agreeance with you here. I think Snell is going to have a hell of a game tomorrow, and I do think they went tomorrow. I'm just wondering if you or someone else can ask Dave, what is your thought process, what's your thought process there of going with Blake that point in time when the game is still not out of hand, and this is a World Series game.
Speaker 4: Because who else? Who else are they going to go to? I mean, they didn't have anybody else. He used Jack Dryer to finish the game. That's what I'm trying to explain to you, Mark, And part of the reason why o'tani went back out there for the seventh inning, he didn't have anybody else.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 4: But moving forward in the series, if you have other options, and I do believe it, Blake Trining in a high leverage spot, especially with runners on base, is not the guy, and I just believe tonight was out of necessity. I got a run, Mark, we got a full boarder calls. I'm glad we could talk each other through that seventh inning. Eight six six, nine, seven two five seventy is the phone number. Look, this isn't a video game. These are real guys, and as we saw in the LCS last year and the World Series last year as well, you've got to think about winning four games, not trying to just win that game that night, especially when you have a two games to one lead and you used your entire bullpen. Will Klein, I hate to break this to you, after a career high seventy two pitches and four innings last night is not going to be able to be used again tonight. Emmit Sheen was not going to be available today, So you got to take that into account. Roki Sasaki twenty nine pitches last night, fourteen of them were strikes, was not going to be used in that situation in the seventh innings. So there's a thought process to this, and there's a reality that those guys are human beings and you're going to need them tomorrow. Now you're going to need them game six as well. Eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number, Tony. Was that Dodger Stadium tonight? What section were you in Tony, and do you feel compelled to call out your section for being flat tonight at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call it. I'm gonna call the whole stadium. I David David. First of all, I gotta say, you know, you and I have about the same age, man, and I'm so jealous of you. Could fan no thirty five? Come on that, they'll go with thirty five. I'm going thirty five. But you and I both know the truth. But I was sitting you know, I got I've been fortunate to gone to every World Series of Dodge I've been in since nineteen eighty one with the et cetera. Twenty twenty. You know, seventeen and eighteen killed us. But you know even seventeen, you know we were loud and I haven't sid in the pavilion. I was in left field pavilion. You know, I was out there three eleven.
Speaker 11: That was that.
Speaker 3: There was a handful of J fans out there. How could you have J fans? You know own your house. You know this is not ring ball, and it killed me today because it's people on their phones that Instagram, chasing the media. You're out the game, you know, let's live it. My boy got to see his first playoff game and it was that Otani game, and he was, you know, seven year old boy was just in all what was going on? But speaking of a Tani And like I said, fans, get out there, you pay your money. They said it himself, you know, get out there and cheer for our guys. We got baseball for what hopefully game six, we win it and that's it. But that's it. We have to wait till twenty twenty six see baseball again. If you're out the stadium tomorrow, you need to get up off your feet and just cheer for our guys. They live off of that. You know, we had that first we were up by head day. We should have swamped the Jays and just drowns them out after our first home run. You know, I thought I was watching golf the people.
Speaker 4: I thought Tony golf collapse. And you have the greatest baseball player on the planet pitching. It doesn't just have to be offense to get you riled up and on your feet. That's that's what really stood out to me. It's not like it was, you know, no no disrespect. It wasn't just another guy on the mound. It was sho Hao Tani, one of the top four athletes on the planet right now, Tony, And maybe he could have used a little extra bump because he was coming off eighteen innings. So I'm with you, Tony. You can't take this for granted, you really can't. And I hope Dodger fans are not spoiled.
Speaker 5: No, and we are.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 10: Do we need this.
Speaker 3: I don't want to lose this yet.
Speaker 11: I want to go back to back and get it, you know.
Speaker 3: Get a dynasty with three. But I'm gonna tell you this. I was suck and guest seeing h show hey coming in to day, I go, hey, maybe maybe we bring a smell of the day and and and show he pitches tomorrow. But show hey, what's two for one for truck? He was throwing one ball back?
Speaker 13: Come on.
Speaker 3: He was great games. He was great tonight. But we had no bets. We had cherial bats.
Speaker 4: And that's the bats where the bats were consato. And it was siesta time at Dodger Stadium. Tony, everybody's got to wake up the bats and the fans tomorrow night for Game five of the World Series. Gotta run, Tony thank you for calling in love the energy, want more Tony's at Dodgers Stadium tomorrow night eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have a full board of calls. When we come back, we'll get to you and we'll also check in with Jose Mota. Plus you'll hear from Max Mounthsey and maybe maybe if I'm feeling in the Bieber mood, we'll hear from Shane Bieber. But we want to get to you. We want to hear from the Dodgers. As this World series is evened up at two. The Dodgers aren't down in this World series. It's an even world series. And that's the reality when you don't have home field advantage. And if you would have won one more game, you would have had Game six in Game seven at Dodgers Stadium. Instead, those will be played in Canada. The Blue Jays defeat the Dodgers six to two on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassa.
Speaker 18: The next pitch from show Hey will be number ninety trying to finish the six the two to two come in. Oh even a miss strike pray strikeout number six, end hitting number six. Shoe hey, Old Tony keeping the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: In Game four, show Hey Otani trying to will the Dodgers to victory again.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately he couldnt do it.
Speaker 4: He emptied the tank got into the seventh inning, but the Blue Jays scored four runs and beat the Dodgers in Game four of the World Series by a final score of six to two. My guy, Brad Paisley was in the house again tonight. He did not perform the national anthem. That's why this game did not go to extra innings. But it is Brad's birthday and he was looking forward to two wins on his birthday, October twenty eighth. Unfortunately, the Dodgers did not get it for him, But happy birthday, Brad Paisley. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast go to AM five to seventy. Lasports dot Com used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next game, Daniels Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 5: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Moga.
Speaker 4: All right, Jose, I want to get to the offense. I want to get to possible lineup changes. But we have to celebrate show he Otani, who tried to do everything in his power again tonight to win a World Series game for the Dodgers. What did you see from the picture Otani tonight?
Speaker 10: Very simple? The picture shoil Tani gave his team a chance to win today, the picture sho Heil Tani, even though with heavy legs, you know, by getting on begs nine times yesterday and all that went on yesterday, historical lead was out there on top of his game. The Shohil Tani the picture today, Dave Vess was not chasing Shotkeounts until it was time to chase Sikeounts. In otherwise, he was a complete pitcher who gave me every single chance. And I'm gonna go to this too. His line made show you Toni, it.
Speaker 12: Was okay yesterday.
Speaker 10: You know what, It's not fair to say that Shoti gave the team a chance. Yes, that's a couple of guys aboard the Jay's got to with a couple of batters in the cemetery, but we also got to pay attention to Davis, the inherited runner scored. They continue to be a problem here Nod was showing, but with guys that need to go out there and shut that to minnings and are not getting it done in case Banda and Tron, And it happened again here tonight, without a doubt.
Speaker 4: That's a big part of being a relief pitcher, stranding inherited runners, and that just hasn't happened. And we all know Alex Vessi is going through stuff with his family, but that would have been a spot where he would have come in and he has done such a great job. And the Dodgers miss Alex Vesia, but obviously going through bigger things in baseball. Now, I'm wondering Hoose a lot of times, even though we may see ninety seven or ninety eight, when a picture is fatigued, does that affect his command with his fastball? And do you believe that maybe fatigue was part of the reason why Otani did not have consistent command of his fastball tonight?
Speaker 10: Yes, I think so, because if you consider how your body works. When you're pitching, when you're hitting, everything's built from the bottom up, and it doesn't matter what you do and how strong you are at the top. If your bottom is not where it needs to be coordinated with strength and quick twitch is not going to be there from the top. His fastl did have but nineties ninety nine, but sometimes it just did not have that carry, you know, the lake's little zip the life late in the zone when ninety nine looks like one o two. But nonetheless, I'll want to I don't want to take anything away from what he did tonight because what he did was just enough to win a ball game. But certainly days, to answer your question directly, yes, a lot of times fatigue can be influential. And two things that are very important to save your health is if your mechanic get out of whack, your arms just out of whack, and that causes injuries when you tire, which you don't notice until later. And then if you try to force velocity, it also turns off your mechanics, so you have it's a double edged sword. But you got to just make sure that show has told me before when he's been tired before. If I keep consistency, AMA mechanics and how to look for stricos or velocity. Things will look out well. And tonight, you know what, overall they worked out pretty well.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's turn our attention to the offense, because, like you said, Otani the pitcher gave Otani and the rest of the Dodger offense an opportunity to win this game. But the reality is, in the last twenty innings the Dodgers have played, they have only scored three runs. Mookie Bets, He's only three for nineteen in this World Series. Last night he had multiple opportunities to keep the line moving or even win the game. After Otani was intentionally walked four different times in extras and couldn't deliver. He has seven flyouts in the last two games. What do you see from mookie Bets and how does he get back to the mookie Bets we saw in the last fifty games of the regular season.
Speaker 10: The talent is still there, the pitch selection for the most part, is still there. But I just don't see the finish in that swing. You know, we saw conficily all through August in September. Now see got a loopy swing that we saw all throughout May. We saw it in June, we saw it in July. After the All Star break, you finally kind of start finding it. His hands dragged a little bit too much sometimes has nothing to do with fatigue, I think as a matter of just sometimes even front of it too much when you got a guy being watched in front of you or being pitched around to get to you. And I think it's great, Dave, that guys personal. I think God should take it personal to say, Hey, I don't want the guy in front of me to beat me, to beat you, but you want me to go out.
Speaker 12: And take a chance.
Speaker 10: Take it personal, but stay under control and keep in mind that even though the moment calls for you, it's not just about you. You got to be able to take walks and put the ball in play and think about line drives. But Muki needs good just a little bit shorter. It's not about the short hitting, it's not about going to the case, it's not about anything else. As he himself said after this game, it's about consistency and swinging a strikes and one day you've done it before. But don't make the moment too big.
Speaker 1: Do you believes is starting in center field tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Surely I hope the Honty Pie's is not starting your center field tomorrow because Anti Piez is now four for fifty in the postseason. Anti Piez is all three eleven when winning the scoring position. And then we talk about man on right, A slugging team does not have to wait for guys to be in scoring position to have a better chance. A slugging team like the Dodgers, the manuye. You get the first place as what you are in scoring position, and in that situation right now, Piez is one for twenty two. It is not getting it done.
Speaker 9: And when you.
Speaker 10: Face good pitching as you're going to face all throughout the next few games, again, they don't like for you to battle at bats as the Jays are doing. Okay, dogs is not liking that very much, right well, throw it at them too. So you need guys are at least going to give you the option to number one put the ball in play. Number two be good situational hitters, a number three battle a deep at bat, understanding your situation in the position of the game, and without you know what, Roberts, he does have some options. But right now, if you think about energy and you talk about just the body language right now. For me, it's a guy that you don't want to wait until it's too late here in the next couple of games. So make ald change as they did in twenty twenty three when they play kick in game number three in Arizona. If you do it now, you get his mind off the game. If you need him again, play him in Toronto. At certainty, I think he can really benefit from just not being on the field tomorrow. That's my opinion, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jose, We'll see what happens on Snail' Zilla day.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers need to win this game because that would be tough to have to win two up in Toronto, and they certainly have the opportunity in front of themselves.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to see it back at the ballpark tomorrow night.
Speaker 10: Gonna be great, Snails, It's gonna be great. And now the offense, just give him enough to work with. Any'll secure business.
Speaker 1: No doubt. There he goes.
Speaker 4: Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast with Luis krue Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers lose Game four the World Series to the Blue Jays by a final score of six to two. Vladimir Guerrero Junior had a two run home run off a show Hey Otani early in this game, back in the third inning, a go ahead two run home run on a sweeper that didn't sweep. And that was basically the only mistake that Otani the pitcher made tonight. Shane Bieber, I thought the Dodgers would get to him, and they never made adjustments. They were impatient, they were chasing pitches outside of the strike zone. And Bieber beats Otani in Game four of the World Series. Eight six six, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Rudy and Van Eyes. You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: Hi, Rudy, Hey.
Speaker 10: David, Hey David.
Speaker 19: It's it's the same story, David. The pitching has been saving the Dogs, even in last year's World Series. I called in earlier and you've made a lot of points, and and Mota said it with the pages switch out, we can't wait until it's an elimination game. If you're gonna make that kind of change, I think Rojas does huge things. He's apparently the only one on the team that can bunt, which was huge yesterday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, and the only person that's stealing.
Speaker 19: The only person that's stealing is Showhey or Freddy. That's you know we got We just got to get guys in scoring because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, that's a great point. Hey, Rudy, that's a great point. When your offense is struggling, you got to start putting runners in motion. But the only issue is you got to get runners on to put them in motion, and we're not seeing.
Speaker 1: A lot of that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I I'm all in favor of that. First and second less than two outs. Let's start putting guys in motion to create some holes in the infield. But the Rodgers have got to do something. I'm with you right now. It's not working. They got to jumpstart this offense before it's too late. Thanks for the phone call, Rudy, appreciate it. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs again to the Dodger clubhouse to hear from Max Munsey, who also is struggling in this world series three for seventeen in the first four games, but he does have a big home run and that came in game two.
Speaker 1: Max, how much of.
Speaker 6: The mental and physical fatigue of going eighteen Ning's last night you think played into tonight.
Speaker 13: I don't think any.
Speaker 6: We just play didn't play our best game and gotta punched the mouth little you guys at work period, How.
Speaker 1: Do you guys kind of reset?
Speaker 6: Obviously, it's been a crazy twenty four hours, really high highs, low lows that you ground yourself for a game five, it's another game. It's a zero zero score. I say it every single night. Nothing that happens the night before has any effect on the next day. And so you know, we have another game.
Speaker 5: You said you don't take the team factor in, but the show, Hey, playing all these team you know, based on I'm kind of having to come out and pitch in this seam and stuff.
Speaker 12: Do you think maybe he is patio those that special.
Speaker 6: You'd have to ask him, you know, I don't. I don't know how he's he's feeling. Obviously I didn't look at him, but you know, I can't speak for the guys, so you have to ask him up.
Speaker 10: Max.
Speaker 14: Obviously, you look at this now, it's best, you know, two out of three from the mental aspect and you where you guys care to go always at least play at least one game there.
Speaker 10: How do you look at it moving forward after after such an emotional win last time?
Speaker 6: We have we have one game series right now. We have a game tomorrow and that's what that's all we're focused on. We got to win, win tomorrow, and then we're worry about the rest off that. But as far as I'm concerned, we just have a one game series.
Speaker 9: Max.
Speaker 8: What has been challenging about this Blue Jays belp and some of.
Speaker 6: The different looks that they're able to get you, you know, there's just there's they're executing really well right now. We're not taking advantage of the few mistakes that they're making. And uh, you know, like I said, they're executing, and anytime the pitcher executes, it's gonna be a tough day.
Speaker 8: How does he just kind of look.
Speaker 7: At the parts of the offense right now when you guys are getting guys on base pretty consistently, been on the big cashing men as much Asimore.
Speaker 15: Not great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're just we're missing on the bigger opportunities. Myself included. I'm one of the big coprids of that. I've had some opportunities and I haven't cashed in, and uh, you know, we just we got we gotta get the big hit.
Speaker 1: Hey love hearing that from Max Muncie. That dude's very accountable.
Speaker 4: He is three for seventeen in this World Series, but has one of the bigger hits for the Dodger offense so far in the first four games. Let's not forget about him and Will Smith hitting big home runs to help the Dodgers win Game two the night that Yamamoto pitched a complete game up there in Canada. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Many people around baseball that I spoke to were surprised the Blue Jays won this game tonight. Virtually everybody I spoke to before the game that either played the game, coached the game, coaches, or plays currently thought the Dodgers would win this game tonight. This is one game that slipped through the Dodgers' fingers, and you just hope that it doesn't cost them a back to back World Series championship. This was a game the Dodgers should have won, make no mistake about it. I know the score is a little bit doesn't really tell the story. But this this was a game the Dodgers should have won. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Echo Park.
Speaker 1: Ronnie. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 10: Hi Ronnie, Hi David. Good to hear from you again.
Speaker 11: Listen.
Speaker 9: There's two points that I want to bring up, one being this kind of after the game. There's a lot of criticism out there in social media, especially on show hal Tani of all people.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean, that's why social media is an idiot area.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm talking about Fox Sports.
Speaker 9: They literally have a headline. Uh yeah, they have a headline of Vladdie's heroics, Otani to blame question Mark.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, Like, I don't know about that.
Speaker 10: Terrible.
Speaker 4: Let's just keep it right here in the real world. Social media is fake world. Let's keep it in exactly.
Speaker 9: I was at the game, so I mean, seeing what Otani's doing, not just in the World Series, but the entirety of.
Speaker 10: The postseason is unprecedented.
Speaker 9: The fact that people think that he has one tiny mistake or they're trying to look for one tiny mistake and then capitalize on that, like the dude it is pitching like an All Star, he's hitting at he's a one and one, you know, so they got to really forget that narrative O Tani. He can do no wrong.
Speaker 10: Basically in my opinion.
Speaker 9: And then the second thing, earlier I was listening, you were mentioning the crowd. I was in the pavilion, and man, I don't know what is up with like today's fandom, maybe again because of the social media aspect, but so many people on their phones.
Speaker 10: I mean, we need to get the crowd.
Speaker 19: Up, you know.
Speaker 12: We can't have the blue must be in La thing.
Speaker 4: Because in Toronto they were not on their phones. They were on their feet for both games, all nine innings. So I just hope Dodger fans aren't taking this for granted because this Dodger team is trying to make history to become one of the few teams to ever went back to back World Series championships and trying to become the first Dodger team ever to win the World Series Championship back to back years. And tonight is the anniversary of our very own Rick Monday's nineteen eighty one Dodgers beating the Yankees in Game six at Yankee Stadium for the World Series championship. Then, so congratulations, happy anniversary to those guys. Got to see Steve Garvey on the field earlier today and every night. It's awesome to learn baseball from Rick Munday, who has seen a lot of baseball and has crossed over a lot of generations. And I know we're wrapped up in this year's Dodger team and this generation of Dodgers, but what makes the Dodgers is the great players and the great teams that has made.
Speaker 1: This franchise the jewel franchise in all.
Speaker 4: Of Major League Baseball, and teams like the eighty one Dodgers went through a lot of heartache to be able to win that one, losing to the Yankees, and back to back years in seventy seven and seventy eight losing to the Astros in eighty You can't take this for granted that the World Series is going to be here every year. That's just not the reality of things. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two, five, seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Beverly Hills, Leon, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 12: How you doing Leon, Hey, Dave, how's it going.
Speaker 8: I actually have to come clean on something first. Had called you previous about my questioning of just how cletch OTAWNI might be, you know, doing really well when the team was up three zero in games or when we're you know, down big in a game kind of game, already already over garbage time type of stats. But he's definitely proven otherwise. I know tonight he didn't do it at the plate, But I got to come queen on that one first before I make my other point, which is to actually back you up on Miguel Rojas. I'll take it a step further. Miguel Rojas, to me, is one of the character guys on this team, and he's proven to be a leader on and off the field. And for me, it was shocking to see him fall out of the rotation. I thought maybe it was an injury, but apparently not because he was playing last night. So I would take it a step further to say, even if it means Edmund sitting for the start of the game tomorrow, I would be in favor of Rojas starting for him, and even call Star in center or being in the outfield. But to your point, I think the main point you're making is they need to shake up in the lineup, And my last point, I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: They want to get guys on base for Otani and turn the lineup over. And look, Leon Tommy Edmunds struggling, He's three for eighteen in the World Series. If the Dodgers want to go a defense, then Rojas at second and pa has in center. I'm not one hundred percent in on that, but I like Roja sitting nins, trying to do and understanding the role and understanding.
Speaker 1: Who he is. So I'm in on that. What's your other point, quickly?
Speaker 8: Sure, well he bat the two sixty two. But my other point, my last point was on the crowd. I wasn't there, And I have a theory that the composition of this of the World Series crowd is not the same composition it is during the regular season. Basically, the team that's priced out a lot of the real fans, the people that are in the stands. So the World Series might be the Instagram people might be the folks that are there that are that are just jumping on board to be there. So I really wonder if that might be part of the dynamic.
Speaker 9: I'm priced out.
Speaker 4: I think it's mixed in. I think it's mixed in. I think it's mixed in, definitely, Leona. The tickets are very expensive and on the secondary market, for sure. I think it's mixed in. I think it's a corporate event to a certain extent. And like you said, we had first hand accounts of people being on their phones. Maybe they're too busy trying to take selfies or pictures or filming instead of being a fan and cheering and just allowing yourself to be in the moment. We all get caught up in that, right If you go to a concert, you're filming, you know, the band that you're watching, the performer you're watching, instead of just enjoying the music and rocking out. I think we all get caught up on that. I've seen that happen at Laker games where everybody's just filming Lebron James instead of being a fan and cheering and getting crazy. I agree with you, I think that's part of it. But you know, they do have cell phones in Canada and that was a loud crowd. So we the Dodger fans tomorrow night in Game five have gonna come out and be a fan.
Speaker 1: Be a TikToker. After they have a four or five run lead.
Speaker 4: Blake Snell will be on the mound for the second time in this World Series, a rematch of Game one, going up against Trey y Savage. Y Savage only lasted four innings. The Dodgers got him out of that game, but didn't score enough runs off of him. They got a score off of you Savage in the process of getting him out of the game.
Speaker 1: Early Morongo Casino.
Speaker 4: Dodgers on Deck begins at four o'clock tomorrow with first pitch at five o'clock with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson. That'll do it for us tonight live from Dodgers Stadium thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. We had a great conversation with one of those relievers that helped the Dodgers win that eighteen inning Game three marathon and Justin Robleski. You can find that on the iHeartRadio app as well. And don't forget tomorrow at six am. Steve Saxon Tim Kits will have a more morning local sports talk for you, centering around the World Series once again. The final score tonight from Dodgers Stadium. The Blue Jays defeat the Dodgers in Game four of the World Series six to two and even up to a piece. We're headed back to Canada after Game five. Snell Zilla Day Tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, He'll be here.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers need to wake up those bats, and the fans need to wake up and be here and be loud. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Have a great rest of your night, Be safe, see them
Speaker 1: Ladys gal And let's just say the flas