Speaker 1: The fan is your chance to win twenty five hundred dollars. Just sent you the keyword America. That's America campaign dot com right now?
Speaker 2: Good luck?
Speaker 3: It was sunny. No, it's America.
Speaker 2: No, it's America. It's raining. Is it rainer? Right now? Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Corey, isn't really because it really is.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is rain.
Speaker 3: I love the rain.
Speaker 5: It loves you, daddy, it does.
Speaker 6: Blame it on something.
Speaker 2: Great song.
Speaker 3: That That interview with Alec was fun.
Speaker 5: Good kid, he gets it.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Kay's a good writer. Must be a good writer, right, must be a good writer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, having the success he's having this early in his career, right.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wonder where that industry is going to be in the next ten or twenty years.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'll be okay.
Speaker 7: Corlis, I do think so, because, uh, I'm not sure AI can create specific original content about individuals in the way that a writer could.
Speaker 6: I don't disagree with that, but.
Speaker 2: Show me an sixteen year olds in ten or twenty years that want to read when they have their entire existence has been consuming content with their eyes and just watching.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 6: Who's going to want to read long form articles.
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: What I do ten to twenty years old?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 7: I do this even with the Athletic, especially if I'm driving. I write, click, highlight it all and hit speak and my phone speaks.
Speaker 2: No, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, do that with everything. I do that with everything, text and drive correct.
Speaker 7: But also because I like I like to these articles, I want them read to me. Because I'm driving and I don't have time. But you should try that. Just write, click, highlight the whole thing, hit speak and it'll read it to you.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good man, good idea.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, preciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Should we do a fan five?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: Can I ask Old Parker a question about basketball?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 3: I have a question about basketball?
Speaker 7: Ask for It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints. Say you Saint Paul Saints. They're playing baseball today down at cchs Field. Good to Saints Baseball dot com. We love the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: Parker.
Speaker 7: Yes, here's a question from Candice Buckner on the Athletic. Why aren't we having fun yet? This season's Kaitlyn Clark experience just isn't enjoyable. I don't want to get anybody upset to me, because it seems like people get real upset all the time when you bring up Kaitlin Clark, and that is just when I listened to Brero.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't understand what's going on, but I do feel as if either the story is getting old and people are getting sick of it, or or nobody's really doing anything anything about it because she seems to be getting abused? Am I right about that? Is that a true statement? Is she being abused? And does it seem like nobody cares?
Speaker 4: There's definitely some physicality, yeah, for sure. She's also been injured a little bit. And also her team isn't that good either, So I think that doesn't really help the situation. Okay, So I don't know. Does that answer that question?
Speaker 7: I guess I guess, just being more succinct in my question to you, Yeah, has the has the the shine worn off?
Speaker 3: Is the Caitlin Clark era over?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think from like a global or at least a national perspective, like she's still the star. She's still like she's coming out with her own shoe, she's doing all that kind of stuff. So like her name is still relevant. She's been hurt though, which which also doesn't help, you know, when you're not playing, and they don't play as many games in the w NBA w NBA as well, so that doesn't help. And then also like there's better teams and there's just as good of players like Asia Wilson in Las Vegas, Vegas and in our rookie Olivia Miles in Minnesota, and then the Liberty as well, So like there's other really good players out there. And when she's hurt and she's not playing, now, she's going to sell out every arena she goes to and they're going to play in NBA style, you know, NBA arenas because of she's in town. But I think she needs to get healthy and I think she needs to find kind of the next step of her game because it's it's a different game than it is in college.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the people that say, no matter what you think about the situation, the last year or two, mistakes have been made. It's been framed weird by some people. Whatever, it's been a mess, right, that a lot of this falls on an inefficient and incompetent commissioner. Well, that a good commissioner could have reeled this in a long time ago and kept this thing pointed in the right direction, got the players on the same page, got the media messages better, and that she's just absolutely botched this entire situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not many people like her, and I think a lot of people in Minnesota don't like her either. When she wear she literally wore a dress of the New York Skyline to that game, which is just still insane that she did that. People are calling for her to get fired for for years now.
Speaker 2: I thought she was.
Speaker 6: Going to be done. I thought hot room, what happened with that?
Speaker 4: So I don't know, I don't know. I the last I heard she was gone and now she's still around. But I mean, you have to give her a little bit of credit for what you know, the w NBA has, you know, the CBA now and they're actually getting chartered flights and making over a million dollar contracts some of these girls. So I think you have to give her a little credit. But a lot of that maybe falls on killing clarks shoulders.
Speaker 5: Too.
Speaker 7: Last question, m who was Sophie Cunningham pointing at? And why is that so sixy?
Speaker 2: He loved that from us? Ye, mus he loves that.
Speaker 4: I think she was pointing out Alyssa Thomas. It was against the or do Wanna Bonner one of the others on the Phoenix Mercury. The w NBA is funny because they'll play like the same team, like three games in a row. So that's gonna there's gonna be some animosity here. There's gonna be like, you know, situations where you play back to back night against the same people, You're probably not gonna like her. And I don't know why she was pointing. I think there was like a scuffle, but I'm sure, Yeah, I'm sure a lot of guys liked watching that.
Speaker 7: I just like to point out, like the way she pointed with her fingers kind of bent in a strange angle, and she's just it is the most aggressive point.
Speaker 3: It's it's the most middle finger point without using your middle finger I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a very good point.
Speaker 4: She has been She has been meming herself on social media too.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I like her. Yeah, I know you do.
Speaker 3: She intimidates me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's your favorite quality.
Speaker 7: One of them. Okay, that's my basketball questions. Thanks, thank you nailed it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: That was Finn than go against some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: You already hit the button?
Speaker 5: How I forget a long time ago?
Speaker 2: Oh you did? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, button went off?
Speaker 2: All right, So again, NHL free agency is essentially give her take underway, Quinn Hughes. Watch officially starts right, we can start re sending him as if today correct and then Bobby brink one year, two point seventy five million dollar deal. We asked Zac earlier about Matt Zucarello. A lot of people, including Lunani last night and Rare Show, talking about how it's not looking good all of a sudden. It doesn't seem like we're super motivated to bring him back. We'll see how that affects Carill. Whether he's happy about that or not, who knows. But as Zach said earlier, not a lot of space because you have to resign Carill in or sorry, carill contract kicks in and you have to resign Quinn Hughes. So you got to be creative. Ask a question on that go on.
Speaker 4: Is there a world where he doesn't resign, Like, are we just oblivious and we're just like, he's for sure going to.
Speaker 2: Again, it's not zero, he's got a year ago, but he doesn't have to resign. Yeah, but the I would say majority thinks it's almost a guarantee that it's a shorter deal to align with his brother. So they're saying three years is the most likely.
Speaker 1: But we'll see then what Craig Leopold said last week basically, and he can say whatever he wants, and he has said over the years whatever he wants, and more power to him, but him basically saying it's a guarantee, I can't imagine you'll say that if there was any sort of doubt. So yeah, like he said, it's the length of the contract that's in question, but I don't even know if that's the case. I think three years is and that's fine. I think that's good for both parties. And then we can bring Jack here after Quinn said's an extension and we'll have the Hughes brothers for life.
Speaker 2: Love it fair enough? Well, if the Lambert brothers and the Hughes.
Speaker 1: Break and Luke and Luke I'm sorry, Luke, Yeah, you Tree the Beezer.
Speaker 5: Oh, Luke a break, drive a truck, Luke. Yes, I would assume Luke have to for the bit. Hey it's the Brink truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Luke got the Brinks truck.
Speaker 2: I love Luke Tree.
Speaker 3: Yep, Tree's great, Britton soresby.
Speaker 5: Oxygen, Seene Bear. I love scene Bear.
Speaker 2: All right, So Lebron James is gonna play somewhere else in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: It's not gonna be the Lakers.
Speaker 2: There are some people hoping that he signs here might be a pipe dream, but who knows. We'll see what happens with that. Kawhi Leonard getting traded to the Toronto Raptors World Cup Tonight US versus Bosnia? Hell? Yeah, man, let's go America.
Speaker 5: When are you making a pizza?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 5: Did they Seventh Avenue Pizza Wales?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It does.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's a plus A plus.
Speaker 3: He meets us Robot. Here's something that I didn't know till just now.
Speaker 5: Genius.
Speaker 7: Thank you, You're gonna love it. Do you know what the origination of the phrase pipe dream is?
Speaker 5: Can I tell you guys a story?
Speaker 3: Can I answer the question first?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, thank you. Do you guys have any guesses. This is guessable.
Speaker 5: What a pipe dream?
Speaker 4: You grew up poor and you live done the streets and there was pipes, and you had a dream.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 5: Is it plumbing related when your dad sees a clogged toilet and he's like, that's a dream.
Speaker 3: It's not my dad, it's.
Speaker 6: Quiet underground railroad related.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of something where it's like you got to get out of a tunnel or a pipe or light at the end of the tunnel, and that's the dream, is.
Speaker 6: To get to the other side.
Speaker 7: Just wait until I tell you listen to this. This is unbelievable. I can't believe this is true. The phrase originates from the nineteenth century and is linked to opium use.
Speaker 3: A pipe dream, oh no, way was an actual pipe.
Speaker 7: People who smokes opium pipes often experienced vivid, fantastical dreams that felt real at the moment. But we're unattainable in reality too.
Speaker 2: We all thought like tunnels or pipes are actual, like a human going through a pipe, right, this is an actual smoking pipe. Yeah, and you're tripping balls and then you have a dream. Okay, we learned something about that something Yeah, that's neat. Yeah, that'd be more real. So you've had a pipe dream or two? I bet not necessarily opium related, but yeah I have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dreams have all come true though, Oh yeah, because I get to do this every day with you?
Speaker 6: Are your dreams made of your feast?
Speaker 2: Though? No?
Speaker 5: That's that song?
Speaker 2: Howk oh?
Speaker 5: It's just poetry, man, it's not players.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's pointing at.
Speaker 5: Me me that whales does whale?
Speaker 3: You sound like an injured whale.
Speaker 2: They weren't injured.
Speaker 5: Done.
Speaker 2: Oh you're bad.
Speaker 3: You need hip replacements, rosy.
Speaker 5: Oh that was Hawk's Dogs.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Nobody knows, but we'll do headlines in a second. Powerty, won't you join the fan.
Speaker 5: Throughout your business by being a part of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 2: For more information, sent an email to marketing at KOs.
Speaker 3: Parker Fox. What do you doing these days? Parking?
Speaker 5: Hanging out?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You doing Parker Parkour?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh my god, what a business idea? Parkore Fox and we open up like one of those gyms, those American ninja warrior kind of gyms, and you train people at parkour.
Speaker 6: We call it Parkour Fox.
Speaker 2: I love that and I get all the money for the idea, and.
Speaker 7: You you, by the way, you you have to wear a fox costume.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love the idea.
Speaker 4: I might have to outsource somebody to do the sauce. Have you ever done Parker me? Yeah, no, no, no, I want to be my lead instructor. Sure, I'd love to make Yeah, anything for you.
Speaker 5: You got a lead instructor.
Speaker 2: Saw so many times since you've moved to Plymouth. Have you driven past the high school once or twice?
Speaker 6: Have you driven past them?
Speaker 2: Have you seen that little obstacle course that's right across the street from the high school? Yeah?
Speaker 6: How much would I have to pay you to come watch.
Speaker 5: You do that?
Speaker 2: You'd pay me to watch me do it? That is the correct answer. Yes, I would give you money to make you go do it, but I get to watch you have time. Then it's up to if he if he allows me to.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we could probably time him using the sundial.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would take me a while. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ten grand that's a hard pass, but I appreciate you at least thinking about it.
Speaker 5: Five hundred still too much? Would you buy me canes? Well?
Speaker 2: You owe me like nine? Oh, yeah, that's right. I should pay it for that.
Speaker 3: You'd probably be walking with a cane after you try it.
Speaker 5: Can Hawk name two all time Toronto raptors that we haven't mentioned.
Speaker 2: Today, Well, that doesn't count because he first, Well you're assuming that if he's paying attention when we talked raptor.
Speaker 7: Basketball, I definitely wasn't. I don't remember you guys talking about it.
Speaker 6: I think he can. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't think he can.
Speaker 4: Can he use the guy that we talked about to that.
Speaker 2: I will bet you yeah he can. No, Yes, he can. No, he's not gonna be able to get another one. He might not even say the one right, and he might not know the one that you're trying to get him to say. I will bet you a canneyac he can name two.
Speaker 4: I've mentioned my best friend plays for them.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 2: I promise you he's not getting that one. Promise you? No. Three?
Speaker 6: Why do you change the number?
Speaker 5: Because I feel backed into a corner by you all the time?
Speaker 2: Three. I don't think he can get three. I think he can get two. And I'm willing to bet you a Caney act no slacks or three? Then? No? Who are the two?
Speaker 6: I think he will get? Lucky and I can write. I'm gonna write it down.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: I think there's two that he could get this one.
Speaker 5: I don't think he there's one, yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not on camera. It's those two. The bottom one is those are the two. Yeah, and and the guy from today. Those are the only chances that he has to get to three. But I think you can get lucky and get one of those two, or you can two and a half. No bad, all right, no bed just for fun. I think you can get to any Toronto ractor ever named two hardway. I don't think so. Jason Kidd, I don't think so. Damn and I would have won the names should have went with it.
Speaker 3: Who who did you? Who's your friend?
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna well Jamison Battle, Yeah, yeah, you weren't gonna remember James.
Speaker 3: I remember that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah he played in the Gophers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember that guy. Yeah, he's your best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But we said Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter.
Speaker 3: Oh I remember that named Vince Carter?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, insanity.
Speaker 4: How about t mac t mac Yeah, okay, no he does or the guy we just talked about, Kawhi Leonard, Yeah, traded back or you could have went with Grady Dick.
Speaker 3: Yep, oh, I remember going whoa.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Sauce, you left some chicken on the board there, buddy. That's okay, daddy.
Speaker 6: It would have been free chicken for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But alas, it's time for headlines and my guess, uh, this is gonna be very loud, Chris.
Speaker 6: And now it's time for headlines presented?
Speaker 4: Ye do it right?
Speaker 2: Headlines?
Speaker 6: Uh, Parker. Have you ever seen the movie A League of Their Own?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Oh, dude, Okay, fantastic.
Speaker 2: It's Marty Gellner's all time favorite movie. You have.
Speaker 5: I love Marney gall there it is.
Speaker 2: It is fantastic though, Uh, Gina.
Speaker 4: Davis, madonnast O'donald Nor, Charles may P, Tom Hanks.
Speaker 6: It's fantastic. You would like it, rock. Do you know what it's about, though? Do you know what A League of their Own is about?
Speaker 2: Baseball? Like old baseball, exactly women's baseball back in the day. And it's based on a true story. It's fantastic anyway, Sauce, ha Exactly. The League of their Own came out what year on this date, July first, ninety three. Yeah, that'd be my guess.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say ninety four.
Speaker 5: Ninety three, Go the Other Way ninety two, July first, nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: Fantastic film that holds up what a great bar in Minnesota is named after?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 2: A bar of their own?
Speaker 5: Exactly? Yeah, it makes sense now you're correct. Yeah, nice Tom Hanks man seeing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's You could argue he's close to the star. I mean, Gina Davis probably as well, but Hank steals a bunch of scenes. That's that's the famous line. There's no crying in baseball.
Speaker 6: There's no crying in baseball.
Speaker 5: So that's my time.
Speaker 2: Hanks impression. I'm working on it.
Speaker 6: That was day one.
Speaker 2: Give me a year, you'll improve, ask me July first, twenty twenty seven. It'll be better.
Speaker 5: All right, Well you won't be here, what I mean, I hope we are.
Speaker 2: Do your best Tom Hanks impression. Yeah, clear your throat, make sure it's ready to gone. What movie?
Speaker 6: Uh Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: You asked Saving Private Ryan.
Speaker 2: I don't think we can find Matt Damon. I give you a point five out of five. Thank you. Room for improvement. I got that a lot. Isn't that the line I don't think they referenced the actor's name in Saving Private Ryan, I've been to I'm gonna be the first move men, I think I would have been. I think I would have been about five years off on this. And that's a little hint. But let's say, Chris, you go last, sauce, I want you to go first. It was on this date in what year did the Sony Walkman first go on sale? An absolute game changer? Parker Fox. Yeah, sounds like horrible. That's a music player. How is that possible to just walk around and listen to headphones? Sony Walkman Sauce went on sale July first of what year for the first.
Speaker 6: Time seventy one? Parker got a guest.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm gonna say my parents got it when they were in middle school, So I'll go.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine. Why even ask anybody else? It's nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 6: Chris, did you have one? And at what point did you have one?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I don't remember the first time I had one, but I remember having them and it was it was literally a game changer. I loved it, man, it was the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 6: I remember the first like cassette or tape you had.
Speaker 7: No, But you know what, I remember being able to record Casey Cassem's Top forty on Sundays and then play it back on my wall.
Speaker 3: I walk home and listened to it later when I was outside playing.
Speaker 4: What came First? The DVDs are like the cassette cassettes.
Speaker 3: By a mile.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, cassettes I think are making a comeback.
Speaker 6: You said that a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Um told me that I don't think that's a thing.
Speaker 2: Smittyum.
Speaker 3: Is he like an authority?
Speaker 5: Smitty Wum and Phil like collect cassettes down the agony? Yeah, Phil, the agony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so two guys you know have cassettes and but that means cassettes are making a comeback.
Speaker 5: That's what Phil and Smitty Um say.
Speaker 3: His name is Philan who Here's that too much coffee?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 3: Hey is z thatcho?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 7: You ever heard of a guy named Francis Xavier moose Goheen senior.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, moose going in the hockey tournaments and white Bear named after him, and there you go.
Speaker 2: He's a big deal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hall of Fame hockey player born in white Bear Lake, Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, there you go, Minnesotan from to be a hockey fan.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: The answers yes and not have Musco he in a reference on the Power Trip. I'm a bingo card today.
Speaker 2: You know, Sauce a traveler hit A hid a smoke grenade in peanut butter, but the TSA found it a smoke smoke grenade.
Speaker 6: I get a smoke gade in peanut butter.
Speaker 3: Why is he hiding that? Why is he doing?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 2: But isn't that I like these stories once in a while, I like, you know, we need to hear about when they catch stuff. It's cool to see that that you're not getting stuff through the TSA for sure.
Speaker 5: Do you want to hear a story? Yes?
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I wonder why.
Speaker 2: All right, there are four of us, so it's unfortunately an even number, but let's quickly vote Parker all the way. Yeah, I'm fire.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm wondering what the story could possibly be. Yeah, I say yes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Zach, I'm a quarter of the way in.
Speaker 5: So yes, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know, But do you want to hear my story?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 5: I think it was my sophomore year, junior year, at the end, like three days left of the year, someone threw two smoke grenades in the hallway and it was a disaster and I got blamed for it, and they were going to expel me. But then I think the kid came forward that did it. I was the first one they blamed.
Speaker 3: Did you do it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Zero points zero chance? Was why did they think it was you? They were going to expel you. Yeah, because I was a disaster so hand, they had no proof it was but they were going to expel you.
Speaker 6: Yes, who is they?
Speaker 5: The principal in the UH liaison.
Speaker 3: Officer says a lot about you, man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did I hand you a note card with the word liaison? It was actual brilliant brilliant and it was up temporarily.
Speaker 4: I will apologize for saying I wanted to hear the story.
Speaker 5: I wish I had a time machine.
Speaker 4: Oh but it does a lot about you, man.
Speaker 2: What happened When they found out who it was, they apologized, But I mean they didn't expel that person. I think they did. Yeah, yeah, really yeah, expel them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like the last week of the school, anything.
Speaker 2: Goes, you know, yeah, smoker and age, why not do whatever?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, wow, Hey, it's relevant.
Speaker 2: It was Archaeologists in Peru found five hundred year old freeze dried potatoes that were in quote excellent condition. I don't understand how that works. But what do I know? I don't know anything about anything. Five hundred year old freeze dried potatoes that were in excellent condition in Peru.
Speaker 5: In Peru, the probably weren't out of whole potatoes. Then no, but good for them Peruvian? You know, how does that work? I don't know what's that? One movie?
Speaker 4: Doesn't Matt Damon? Speaking of Matt Damon, doesn't he grow potatoes?
Speaker 5: Is that we bought a zoo?
Speaker 4: Why he has giraffes, zebras and potatoes?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: Honestly, man, I just can't wait for the next wave of cuts.
Speaker 5: Wow, you want me gone?
Speaker 2: Come?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, Honestly, I would. I'd have to take it out on Zach, right, I'd have to punish somebody to my contract.
Speaker 5: You missed me, man, I want to say it can't.
Speaker 2: Inmates in a jail in North Carolina overpowered the guards and took over part of the facility, but the guards regained control after a few hours.
Speaker 5: Not nuts, that's true.
Speaker 6: A prison riot.
Speaker 2: You don't hear a whole lot of prison riots. Uh, I knew a couple of dudes, Uh, Pollocks and Castor Troy that once kind of threw this giant prison riot and Paul your hands up.
Speaker 5: He's not here for two weeks from today when we do the last golf bet.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, never mind, it's just the movie.
Speaker 5: Face off.
Speaker 2: You would have had me great movie.
Speaker 5: He's the only person in the world that remembers those two character names.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's based on the Gemini Twins. It's a Castor and Gemini. Yeah, look it up. How do you think you spell it? It's exactly like the American Gladiator.
Speaker 3: It doesn't help at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jemini Twins, Castor and.
Speaker 2: Oh, Greek and Roman mythology.
Speaker 5: Sure I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, cool, Good for them. Moved on. Moved on?
Speaker 3: Did you say modon?
Speaker 6: I think he was trying to name Disney movies.
Speaker 2: Moved on? Oh you've moved on.
Speaker 3: Oh he's asking don to move moved all right?
Speaker 6: How awesome is this?
Speaker 2: Police in Mexico are searching for a mystery vigilante that locals have nicknamed the Mexican Batman because over the past couple of weeks, five different suspected motorcycle thieves had been found duct taped to light poles with stolen motorcycles parked nearby. Some of them even have the word thief written across their forehead.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So before anyone starts ordering a cape, police are reminding everyone that the people found tied up are still considered victims, regardless of accusations. Officers believe more than one person may be involved, but so far no arrest have been made, and they're saying Mexican Batman might be a thing.
Speaker 4: Oh where does the Mexican part come from? Because it was in Mexico and that part, yeah, in Mexico. Sorry, beat sauce, pay attention better?
Speaker 5: Yeah, please do, don't be a disgrace.
Speaker 3: Where does he get those wonderful?
Speaker 6: Did you just google? What is Spanish for toys?
Speaker 2: What is the word? How do you spell that?
Speaker 3: J U g u E t e? S?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Why not? That was brilliant, don't they asked you?
Speaker 4: Except I think that it's Spanish as an h?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 5: Paul?
Speaker 6: What's Spanish for toys?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You? How come when you say it sounds like a slur. Relax, I don't understand. You'll get me fired. I'm working on it.
Speaker 6: I want to say, yeah, you can't say.
Speaker 2: What was that? Though?
Speaker 3: Taking back?
Speaker 5: Who get this? Oh?
Speaker 6: There is you see?
Speaker 2: I was right? Who get this?
Speaker 3: Who get it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: This is what lawyer Lambert said when Paul was born.
Speaker 5: Okay, poor me, poor.
Speaker 2: You can do this. Don't say.
Speaker 6: Happy birthday to one of your goats.
Speaker 2: One of your goats, Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, I think I believe she's a year younger than me.
Speaker 3: I think she's fifty four.
Speaker 5: Anybody else.
Speaker 2: Sixty.
Speaker 4: She could be eighty, or she could be forty. I'll go seventy one. She's going to hate that.
Speaker 1: Guess, Zachary, guess they watched So is that an eighties or a nineties show? So early nineties so probably say there's probably in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say fifty four. She is fifty nine years old, man, no kidding.
Speaker 4: Parker, where you were you born ninety nine?
Speaker 2: So let's say two thousand and let's go when you're sixteen years old, two thousand and fifteen. Okay, who is your equivalent in twenty fifteen of Pamela Anderson, because what is Pamela Anderson was like essentially like the most in the nineties, she was considered essentially like the bombshell.
Speaker 6: She was the Marilyn Monroe of the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially according to Chuck Closterman, who was essentially the unstoppable bombshell of your generation growing up.
Speaker 4: What did everybody we were talking about like two weeks ago in kate Upton?
Speaker 2: Oh, for sure, that's a good yep, that is probably a very close equivalent. Yea call.
Speaker 4: I remember moving into freshman year, moving into my dorm room, and I was with two football players and they had already moved in for summer workouts, and they had posters of her up in our living room already.
Speaker 5: Sure, zeo, it's a poster.
Speaker 2: What did a meeting?
Speaker 3: Why do you put him on your wall?
Speaker 2: You can't say it?
Speaker 6: Hey, you know, we haven't done in a while outside a good radio.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's your problem?
Speaker 6: Way? All right, zero, we haven't done in a while.
Speaker 2: Let's let's play a little game we like to call was he even listening? If you haven't heard this bit in a while? Sas checks out from time to time, No, me.
Speaker 5: Me me?
Speaker 2: So we quiz him about things that have happened on his own show in this very segment, So things that have had when did we come back from break about eight thirty, so the last fifteen minutes. These are all things that popped up, and we try to guess whether or not he was paying attention, or even if he was, has he retained it over the last ten or fifteen minutes? Question number one. Question number one, we we gamble on whether or not he would name any Toronto raptors in the history of the Toronto Raptors, and he guessed two players. Does Sauce remember the two players that Chris Hockey guess in this very segment.
Speaker 6: Not a chance, there's too strong, No, Zach, He's gonna get one.
Speaker 2: They'll get one, but he won't get both.
Speaker 6: All right, They all say no, then, Sauce.
Speaker 2: Question number one, who were the two raptors that Chris guests.
Speaker 5: Jason Kidd and Shack I don't remember.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: The other one Chris was, do you remember McGrady?
Speaker 2: No, No, that was the Penny guy.
Speaker 6: An was the other answer.
Speaker 2: If he was there, He guessed Anthony Hardaway and Jason Kidd even looked up and see if he played for Toronto. Question number two minutes.
Speaker 6: Question number two.
Speaker 2: Sauce, what country do they find a five hundred year old freeze dried potato?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll get this.
Speaker 6: It was a quick yes at a Parker.
Speaker 5: I'll get this one.
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 6: No? No, no one yes?
Speaker 2: Who knows? Sauce number two, five hundred year old freeze dried.
Speaker 6: Potato was found in? What country?
Speaker 5: Was a Peru?
Speaker 6: Yes, that is the correct answer.
Speaker 5: It was Peru because said it wasn't an Idaho potato?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: See Yeah, Question for three you don't.
Speaker 2: Hey remember Mexican Batman from like five minutes ago. Yeah. Some of the thieves that were duct taped to the light pole had a word written across their forehead.
Speaker 6: What was the word?
Speaker 2: Question number that was written across their foreheads?
Speaker 7: No, No, I think she'll be yes. I think I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Zachary, it was five minutes ago. No, Question number three sauce, what was.
Speaker 6: The word written across their forehead?
Speaker 2: Was it a thief?
Speaker 4: I thought that was gonna throw them up?
Speaker 6: It was a thief? Absolutely, all right.
Speaker 2: So you're not doing bad start with the raptors, but you've you've recouped the last two. Question number four, I asked Chris what the first cassette was that he got for his Sony Walkman in nineteen seventy nine or so, and he.
Speaker 6: Said he didn't remember, but he did remember listening to what.
Speaker 5: Question number four, Yeah, he's got this.
Speaker 2: What did he listen to for sure on his Walkman that he has a vivid memory of. Chris says yes, Parker Zach says yes.
Speaker 4: I only remember half of it, but I think he's got the rest.
Speaker 5: Question number four.
Speaker 2: What did you listen to?
Speaker 5: Casey Kase? That's right when he was out playing? Not bad?
Speaker 6: All right? Last, but not least?
Speaker 5: And I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I probably call him dirty full. I'm debating whether or not I give you a hint or not. You don't have to give me a hint dead.
Speaker 6: Okay, then I won't. Question number five.
Speaker 2: Give me the first name, or at least a nickname, the first name of the White Bear Lake hockey legend that was referenced in this segment. Question five, No chance, No he was, I mean say it, well, that was the test. The nickname is an animal. Does anybody think he can pull this knowing that it's an animal nickname?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can get Yeah, Yeah, he can't.
Speaker 2: Anybody else maker yes or no? I say no, yeah, because one more hint you could Zach yes or no. I'm going to say yes with the hint no question not fun. You had an animal for a first name that was a nickname. What was his name? Bear? No, Jean loves Jezebel.
Speaker 3: It was Moose.
Speaker 6: It was moose. All right, you got three out of five.
Speaker 5: I've let you guys, don't. Yeah, you did great.
Speaker 6: Three out of five is not bad.
Speaker 2: That's a d. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of those. You got three and a half out of five. Actually you got Jason Kidd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three and a half. I can't I looked up for the Heartaway. I can't believe I didn't get that.
Speaker 6: Crazy Parker.
Speaker 2: We've said this fact before, but this is These are two movies that I'm not sure you've seen. Although one of them is my all time favorite movie, the other one is unbelievably point break.
Speaker 6: No Country for Old Men and There Will be Blood.
Speaker 2: We're both shot at the same time, right next to each other in Texas, and smoke from There Will Be Blood ended up kind of floating over to No Country for Old Men and caused it to be shut down for a day.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: I would argue two of the best movies in the last twenty five years. No Country is my all time favorite movie, but There Will Be Blood is unbelievable because Daniel David is insanely good. He won Best Actor that year. Have you seen either of those films? No, either one. They're both worth their times. I mean sure, No Country that's a thousand out of ten, and There Will Be Blood is a ten out of ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there will Be Blood is outstanding.
Speaker 4: Thank you, You're welcome, Daddy two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, I'll watch.
Speaker 6: It if I did might, if I to do top.
Speaker 2: Let's go twenty five, Top twenty five of the last twenty five years. No Country is number one for me, But there will Be bloods probably, I don't know, probably in the.
Speaker 6: Top fifteen for me. In my top five, it'd be somewhere in that range.
Speaker 2: That movie's so good.
Speaker 6: It's long, it's very long. It's good, but it's worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's not a film where you say this is getting to be too long.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: In the first twenty minutes when he does almost no talking because he's just dealing with the oil stuff. It's maybe the best actor of all time might be who's that Daniel da Lewis. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also I messed up on my answer from prior go on Transformers Megan Fox.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one. Yeah. Yeah, and I will take sense Brett Brett did, so give credit to Brett makes sense.
Speaker 5: Who's Brett? Who's Prett?
Speaker 2: Oh? That works. I thought maybe you had a bug.
Speaker 6: A buddy name Brett.
Speaker 2: No, Brett, blakemore or it will be Ron Johnson, him Blake, Brett Moore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is the best?
Speaker 3: The best?
Speaker 2: A magnitude three point five earthquake hit southern Illinois on Monday morning. It was felt across multiple states, but so far no damage has been reported.
Speaker 6: Really dumb thing to say.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there were earthquakes anywhere near the Great State of Illinois.
Speaker 5: I didn't either, not fully convinced they're real.
Speaker 2: What earthquakes in general or Illinois earthquakes, Randy earthquakes. Have you guys seen any of the videos from Venezuela last week? Yeah, it's terrible. It is. I can't even watch it. It sucks.
Speaker 3: The buildings just fell over and.
Speaker 2: You try to start wrapping your head around how many people are in those and even if there aren't many, there's still human lives in there. And you're like, I'm watching even though I can't see it, I'm watching the death of maybe dozens of people and they didn't know it when this video started, that their life was three seconds away from ending. How do you wrap your head around that? That's suppressing? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why did I bring that up?
Speaker 5: I don't know how do earthquakes happen? Uh, tectonic plates coming together?
Speaker 2: Whoa liaison? Tectonic not technotronic? Right? You didn't say pump up the jam magnitude or magnitude which also relates to earthquakes and purgatory. Man, there must have been a fifth at some point that I slipped in there that you said, what's the fifth big word you've used today?
Speaker 5: Tectonic? Yeah, man, I explain it to Parker. It's when two tectonic plates yep come together and push up that causes the bra.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I don't need to push up bra. I have nice uh oh mic soon. You can't say it.
Speaker 5: I'm trying, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Did you say the initials?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no.
Speaker 4: Tectonic plates are kind of like those. They're massive, irregular, least shaped slabs of solid rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have slabs.
Speaker 2: You have nice slabs.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that. Yeah, we're friends again.
Speaker 2: Now speaking of initials, no initials this week. Again, we're off on Friday.
Speaker 6: Yes we are, baby, but we will be back for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: One more to the Power Trip Morning Show this week and then been in most of the shows.
Speaker 6: Off next week, right Mondays, no me, no.
Speaker 2: Zach, no bags, baby, Yeah, Parker, we.
Speaker 6: Don't let us down.
Speaker 3: We need you next week.
Speaker 5: I'm here, thank.
Speaker 2: You, baby, but we will see you next next Wednesday. You bet you. All right, dude, have a nice Fourth of July weekend, Parker Fox, and we'll see you next week. Nine to noon is next. We're back tomorrow five thirty. Thanks for checking out the podcast. Soon an all podcast platforms like I Heard and I Heart