Speaker 1: An exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: We're with the world champion before Game five of the World Series. Some would say I must win for the Dodgers. Jake Peevee knows all about delivering in big games. He's doing it for MLB Network during the World Series and throughout the regular season. He's got a beautiful ten with a little, you know, sun drenched beard these days in La, Jake, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 1: It's fun to be in beautiful La, to be out in and around Dodger Stadium. This play is a special to me. I was always the enemy, but I've got a lot of friends inside that clubhouse, coaching staff. Been a fun series so far, and uh, look a lot of energy around tonight. I don't know that it's a must must win, but you certainly want to go to Toronto and Toronto win one, not have to win two.
Speaker 2: Your buddy Dave Roberts, obviously a two time World Series manager, tweak the lineup today? Does that kind of show the rest of the team there's submergency and he obviously wants more from the offense.
Speaker 1: I think that is exactly right. It's a subtle message to the boys of hey, we have to shake this up because what we have done, and we're not just gonna stay stagnant and hope it works. We're gonna Yeah. It just sends a subtle message. And look, dropping Mookie from second to third, it's not you know what I mean, or moving guys around, it's not drastic. I love Will Smith in the second spot. Me and DeRos have been talking about that for the last couple of days, and so it's fun to watch some of the stuff that that you know, our brains are around, is aligned with the front office thinking, managerial thinking. This Dodger office just gotta find a way to be the Dodger office we know, and that's just having your bat, taking it at bat by bat, not chasing pitchers, taking your walks, and not looking to be big heroes. It's a different hero most any given night outside Otani.
Speaker 2: All right, Since you are on the same line of thinking as Dave Roberts, having Will Smith move up behind Otani hitting second, what's your thought and why will that benefit the entire lineup?
Speaker 1: I think just Will Smith is in a really nice position right now. He's come back and gotten healthy. His at bats look as good as anybody's at bats. The at bat right behind show heyes, a very important at bat, especially with a game ago, just.
Speaker 3: How they treated him.
Speaker 1: So I think it offers that protection of your most dangerous, best right handed bat, certainly with runners in scoring position, a really nice bat. Will Smith done incredible job of runners a scoring position all year long, right there behind Otani. And again Mookie's not falling far behind, He's just one behind him. So I think it offers the protection you need. Puts your best right handed at bat behind Otani one and two, And like I said, it's not just those two boos or that move that's gonna make it go. The Dodgers lineup is like any lineup that gets to this point of season. It's one through nine and the bats you have, and again just taking what the bat gives you in past, get on to the next guy when the situation arises, you get a ball in the middle of the plate. Okay, count Levers takes your chances. Right now, it seems like guys are trying to do a little too much, and that's normally not what we see from this Dodger offense.
Speaker 2: Maybe Mooki was trying to do too much when they were walking Otani.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like that takes some pressure off of him.
Speaker 1: I think it does. Mookie's gonna be fine. Mooki's grind and he's grinded all year long, and we've watched you kind of fine stride, but never be the Mookie that we know of. I can tell you this. I know Moki very personally and knowing well and what he's made of. We played together in Boston there for a short time, and so I can tell you this. He is grinding and trying to find something and show up in a big way. And it's not gonna surprise me one bit if he plays hero in one of these next three games.
Speaker 2: It's interesting you said that because I spoke to some people close to Mooki today. They believe in and outside of this team that he may have a big Game five today.
Speaker 1: Look, I would not surprise me one bit. I'm interested to see how the opposing pitcher comes out. You Savage did not really have his split finger, which is how we've seen him really dominate lineups. Does just Savage have the split finger tonight or is it a lot like Game one where he couldn't find it and uses a lot of the slider.
Speaker 3: If he has it, he couldn't.
Speaker 1: Match Blake Stell, who I think is gonna be really really good today. I think Blake's gonna be much better. Blake's really good at home. I expect him to really subdue this Jay's offense and then start holding a breath once we see how Doc deploys the rest of the guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're ready, maybe he might call on you.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, as much as the Dodgers were the enemy to be and to think of wearing the Dodger blue, to see what this team is now has always been, but truly, you know, a powerhouse, a dynasty team. You win this world series, you're starting to talk about dynasty in a big run of I heard Jerry Harrison talk about the Bulls and some of our childhood teams. You know, the Dodgers in this collection of talent is a lot like that. You gotta pile up some championships and a few wins away.
Speaker 3: All right, Jake, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Great to have you out here at Dodgers Stadium, not mowing down the Dodgers lineup instead for MLB Network. We'll catch you on the tube. And certainly always great to see you all season long. You're the best DA have.
Speaker 1: Good to see you, buddy, Good luck at you and your Dodgers.