Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begne. Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 2: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Here we go again. We geta running back.
Speaker 3: To get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get short podcasts.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, David Vase. Last Day, Welcome the Dodger Talk. David Vase with you until midnight tonight year on five seventy LA Sports. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six, nine to eight seven two five seventy. The Dodgers defeat the Pirates tonight five to four in ten innings. Tommy Edmund the hero tonight with the walk off basid against Gregory Soto. Soto had two strikes on Tommy Edmund and then doubled up on that song eighty five sweeper that Tommy did not miss hitting from the right side, just stuck with it and was able to poke it down the left field line to score Keith k Hernandez and the Dodgers beat the Pirates tonight five to four in ten innings, Evan Phillips with his first win in Major League baseball in nearly two years. The last time Evan Phillips won a game in relief was back September twenty ninth, twenty twenty four. Yeah, I think we all forget that Evan Phillips is coming back from a big time arm surgery. It's been a long road back, but he's able to deliver tonight in the highest of leverage situations. And he didn't even create it because of this wacky rule that in the extra innings during the regular season, a runner is placed at second base. So you know, just one basic could cost a reliever a game. And in the tenth inning, Evan Phillips gave up a leadoff single to Brian Reynolds, which put the Brendan Loule, the placed runner at third base. It was first and third. After that single by Brian Reynolds, Evan was able to strike out Nick Gonzalez. Dave Roberts had four fingers up to intentionally walk O'Neil Cruz and needed a double playball. The Dodgers were playing a double play depth and that's exactly what Evan Phillips got from Henry Davis a ground ball six' four to three to end that tenth. Inning and good news for The, dodgers The brewers helped them out. Tonight The brewers are just the freight train right. Now they beat The braves In milwaukee two to, one so The dodgers now have a three game lead in the lost column over The braves for the number two seed in The National league playoff, picture and that's. Important if you're one of the top two seeds in each, league you don't have to play a wildcard. Series so that's big for The. Dodgers and you, know losing this one would have been a tough one because not only Did Kyle hurt give up a two run tie or game tying two run home run to O'Neil cruz in the eighth, inning but The dodgers should have blown this game open in several different innings Against Bubba, chandler they left ten men on base. Tonight they were three for nine with runners in scoring, positions so it just felt like The dodgers were allowing The bucks to hang around a little too, long and it did get them in the eighth inning when O'Neil cruz hit that two run home run to tie the game at. Four but luckily for The, dodgers they're able to deliver in extra innings Against, gregorysoto and The dodgers now are five to zero in extra inning games and they have seven walk off. Wins tonight's game brought to you By. Modello, modello the mark of a. Fighter all, right let's get to the big news of the. Night obviously a big blow for The. Dodgers Andy piz was hit by A Bubba chandler fastball in the third. Inning you could hear the sound of the baseball hitting his left hand up in the press. Box that's how flush that pitch Got Andy, poiez as he was still holding onto the. Bat and that's always dangerous when a fastball hits a batter in the wrist hand area while they're still holding onto the. Bat and The dodgers were hoping they dodged a, bullet but they. Didn't Dave roberts met with the media moments ago and revealed That piz has a fracture in his left hand and is going to be out for four to five. Weeks here's What Dave roberts had to SAY.
Speaker 4: X rays unfortunately came came up as a, fracture so he'll be out for a.
Speaker 1: While.
Speaker 4: Yeah how challenging you have all the start of.
Speaker 1: The season they clutched in certain moments sounds or maybe not to moralize. That how challenging is it's for the group of the injury like.
Speaker 4: That, well it's just it's really. Unfortunate obviously it's not season ending because obviously things like that is four or five, Weeks SO i would expect him, back you, know knowing him on the earlier. Side but, yeah it's going to be four, weeks but there's still time in the season for him to be. Back but, YEAH i, MEAN i feel for him because he was having such a good year and he likes to, play and but, yeah we've got to move on and hold down the fort till he gets back back right.
Speaker 1: There. Yep how difficult Is andy to replace given everything with the bad end glove and how you kind of envision getting Through douce four.
Speaker 4: Weeks, yeah we're gonna we're gonna huddle up tonight and see who we bring. In BUT i do think that we. Can't you got to be mindful of the, defense and so certainly in. Centerfield so you know somebody that can handle, centerfield and you, KNOW i, mean we'll piece it. Together But i'm not sure right, now BUT i do think that the main thing is locking down.
Speaker 1: Centerfield they Could tommy be part of that answer.
Speaker 4: To he, Could, yeah he. Could so we're kind of. Toy we're gonna toy with some kind of. Scenarios you guys an Expecting andy to need. Surgery you know, What i'm not. SURE i think the docs looking at, him but that's a, possibility and if it, IS i still don't think it changes that time the.
Speaker 1: Timetable all, right there's Manager Dave, roberts obviously not thrilled that they lost their all star center Fielder andy pae haz tonight broken left. Hand he's going to be out at least four, weeks and if he does come back on the shorter side that would Have pie has Returned september eighteenth at home against The. Giants that would leave nine games in the regular season for pi haz to get ready for the. Playoffs and that's if he returns a month from. Now and you Heard Dave roberts talk about defense being the number one key out there in center. FIELD i have at the right now the two more likely options for The dodgers in center, field and, look they're not going to Replace Andy pie has his offensive production and the threat that he has been hitting second and. Third Him otani And Freddie freeman And Max munsey to a certain, extent have been the four guys that have carried this offense all season. Long pi has twenty one home, runs eighty RBIs and one of the best hitters The dodgers have with runners in scoring position this, year a three thirty six batting average with runners in scoring. Positions so let's just eliminate the fact that The dodgers have lost one of their big offensive producers in the lineup in the top. Three so it's gonna be hard for anybody to replace that. Production they're not whoever goes to center. Field but that leads it To Taoscar, Hernandez Tommy, Edmund Kyle, Tucker Mookie betts to be able to start picking it up because The dodgers need it right. Now Without, Pahz they're gonna need those four guys to step up their. Game and, Look Miguel rojas explain this to me last homestand players can't try any harder than they already, do at least these group Of, dodgers because there's no way to try harder in baseball and be. Effective so you just need these guys to have the, focus the situational, focus he explained to. Me and you hope that we're starting to see signs of that from those four. Guys and Tonight Tommy edmond's got to feel good after that walk OFF ba. Six all, right here are the two options right now starting. Tomorrow here are my two options that The dodgers can make. Tomorrow number, One paz obviously going on THE. Il they can opt to Activate Dalton rushing and Have rushing as a left handed bat right now off the bench in preparation for the role that he may have In. October and then you can have Key, k A hernandez And Tommy edmund split center. Field another option, is and this is the more linear, option the, easier more simple. Option just Place pahz on THE il and call Up Alec, thomas the former diamondback who The dodgers picked up in the middle of summer to play excellent defense in center field and platoon With Keyk hernandez Because Alec thomas is a left handed hitter and a really good defensive center. Fielder that's probably the more likely. Scenario The dodgers will call Up. Thomas he's already on the forty man. Roster he has an eight fifty five ops At Oklahoma city this year since joining the team halfway through the, year and a two ninety six betting. Average he's got a lot of, Speed so that's probably the more likely. Scenario and if you go back and listen to The Dodger talks From, DENVER i had mentioned calling UP Jdp josua De paula when rosters Expanded, september to possibly platoon in left field if Ta Oscar hernandez didn't start hitting righties more. Effectively we all KNOW jdp has had some challenges defensively in the. Outfield BUT i remember back in twenty seventeen when The dodgers Needed Chris taylor to go out to center, field a position in fact the outfield he never. Played AND i Remember Chris taylor And Dave roberts both saying that if you're trying to learn the, outfield center field is the easiest position to, learn just as far as the baseball staying true to. Itself, now that would be a huge gamble to PUT jdp in center field Until pahz, returns but it's an option on the. Table but quite, honestly it feels like The Alec thomas being called up move seems to be the cleanest right now in the immediate near, future meaning tomorrow eight six six, nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out To mike And. Temecula you're On Dodger talk With david Vasse, Hi.
Speaker 5: Mike davidvass thanks for taking my call, tonight my.
Speaker 1: Pleasure, HEY i just wanted to get your.
Speaker 4: Opinion On Dave roberts pinch hitting For Max.
Speaker 5: Mounsey alex call there in the bottom of the. Tenth, HAPPY i didn't come back to bite, us BUT i just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Hear what you had to say about. That, yeah pretty.
Speaker 1: Quichy monthsey's one of H munsey is one of the best clutch hits The dodgers. Have but What dave was trying to do there is what a lot of people call in, about and that's the bunt bunt that place runner to third. Base so you, Know i'm not gonna sit. Here and second Guest Dave, roberts because he was trying to move the runner to ninety feet. Away but, yeah Having alex call pinch it For, muncie you don't expect to see, that but that's what he was, thinking trying to get that runner to third base with less than two, outs and all you need is a sacrifice. Fly.
Speaker 3: Awesome, well thanks for taking my. CALL i appreciate your.
Speaker 1: Time, Okay, mike thank you for the phone. Call i'm not aware of any injury To muncie that could have been the. Case nobody Asked dave about that after the, game and everybody was just focused on the big injury of the, night and That's andy Pa has who fractured his left hand tonight getting hit by a pitch From Bubba. Chandler he is out at least a. Month let's go out To Culver. City, bruce you're On Dodger. Talk how you, Doing bruce doing?
Speaker 2: Well thanks for taking my.
Speaker 1: Call, Davids.
Speaker 5: So it's, Great.
Speaker 2: TUCKY a couple of things BEFORE i asked a questions About september call that just got all scrambled with pots Unfortunate and, yeah you teased About mookie's podcast with Me row you're, YOU'RE i guess you're going to play the portion About Kyle. Tucker there's a different portion where they talk About, schooble WHICH i thought was really. Encouraging and then last night you Had Buster only. ON i actually have listened to his podcast longer Than i've listened To Nada. Talk but today's episode has a bit where they really talk Up maximuntsey AND i thought that was really cool to have the national. Media you're talking about next?
Speaker 3: Monthly, Yeah max.
Speaker 1: Months he deserves that. LOVE i, mean think of what he's done for The. Dodgers so many clutch hits since twenty, eighteen so many clutch hits since The All star, break and he has the distinction of hitting more home runs in this, ballpark this storied, ballpark since nineteen sixty, two than any other player that has played here. Before and this Isn't Tampa, bay this Isn't, pittsburgh this Isn't San. Diego this is The. Dodgers and when you have that distinction of hitting more home runs At Dodgers stadium than any other, player that's something to be proud.
Speaker 2: Of, absolutely he's been nails for.
Speaker 3: Us for years.
Speaker 1: Now all, Right, bruce thank you for the phone. CALL i think we covered everything right. There appreciate you calling. In let's go out To, mark who was at the ballpark. Tonight. Hi, mark you're On Dodger.
Speaker 5: Talk Hi, david how are.
Speaker 1: You i'm doing? Great me.
Speaker 5: Too it's my birthday today and my buddy took me out to the, ballgame gave me some really cool, merchandise and THEN i got to See tommy do it in the. Tenth it's a little sour now That pilos is, hurt BUT i believe that maybe the best AND i know what you were talking about, earlier might be to Put tommy in center and Maybe miguel at second base for a, while since they're both very good at. Defense i'm just really impressed how much teamwork Did dodgers have when it comes to extra. Innings that's five and. Oh that's quite.
Speaker 1: Impressive, yeah for a team that did not play extra innings for the first ninety plus games of the season to be undefeated obviously shows that they've got some clutch, jeans and we know about that on their. Team happy birthday to you and glad your friends brought you out to the ball eight sixty six two five seventy is the phone. Number dodgers beat The pirates tonight five to four in ten, innings a rare win phone call From ken And Newport, beach even though The dodgers did lose their star center fielder. Tonight, Hi, ken you're On Dodger.
Speaker 3: Talk oh Hi, David so somebody already brought this. Up but you don't know if this game is going to go one morning of four mornings to binch it for your best clutch hitter. Months he made no. Sense i'm screamed it about.
Speaker 1: That unless there's an injury we don't know.
Speaker 3: About, YES i, agree and then leave pucker in there and made no. Sense but here's the big problem that we have the left fielder and the right field and his team is not good and their center fielder is. Phenomenal how are we going to make up that? Difference because you got a bad left fielder and you've got a bad right fielder and you've got a great center fielder and he's, injured and that really really is hurting me right. NOW i just hope there's a.
Speaker 1: Plan, WELL i mean there is a, Plan, Ken but when you talk about the poor production from Ta Oscar hernandez And Kyle. Tucker that's got to change With pie has been out for the next. Month this puts All this puts the spotlight on both those guys to pick up their offensive production.
Speaker 3: Well also their defensive. PRODUCTION i guess neither of them are good at.
Speaker 1: That, YEAH i would say obviously the metrics show there below par there's no disputing that Can but, yeah you're, Right Andy pie has covered a lot of ground and got to a lot of balls in the left and right field gaps because those two guys don't have a lot of. Range and that's the reason Why Dave roberts said holding down center field is the primary objective UNTIL pa has, returns and that's why a guy Like Alec thomas having him in the organization helps. Out he's got a lot of, speed can cover a lot of. Ground KEITH. A hernandez is a really good center, fielder but he's thirty. Five you don't want to play him every. Day And Tommy edman obviously can play out there as. Well so you got three guys that can play the defense that they need in center field and cover a lot of. Ground But Alec thomas probably the guy that has the most capability to do.
Speaker 3: That wells could, win but a bad ending, there so we'll see what.
Speaker 1: Happens all, Right, ken thank you for the phone call and stating the obvious look that that's the. Situation. UH i don't know how you can, say all, Right pajez is out And taoscar And Kyle tucker you've got to try. Harder those two guys have been trying and we're starting to see signs of life out Of, Tucker, Taoscar. Hernandez he has a resume AND i don't feel like it's just ended out of. Nowhere he just has to you, KNOW i think this is the sprint That Gail rojas was talking about a couple of weeks. AGO a lot of guys have to laser the focus in in the situations to be able to be who they've been in their. Careers speaking Of Kyle, tucker we're gonna get to him when we continue On Dodger. Talk, also we'll give you an update On Will smith And sheehan And Gavin, Stone, yeah remember, him the guy that led The dodgers in most starts made in twenty twenty. Four we'll give you an update on all three of those Key. Dodgers and also we'll let you know What Miguel rojas had to say About Kyle tucker On Mookie Betts. Podcast, yeah we're gonna share part of that when we, continue plus more of your phone calls as we take you to. Midnight after The dodgers beat The pirates five to four in ten on five SEVENTY La.
Speaker 6: Sports, hey it's yoshnoviyamamotof IF Thoja talk five seventy and the.
Speaker 3: Sports Bubba chandler on two and two To Max, munsey.
Speaker 1: The clock ball the right, Field Max bunksy has cut out God Dake magnum went all the way into the. Wall he was trying to time as leaflet ever got around Us. Mounsey the two run shot is twenty six home run of the year and The dodgers taking a two to One League Bubba chandler did not get the scouting report Throwing Max munsey a fastball up in the. Zone he did not miss it for a two run home run in the first. Inning. Tonight The dodgers would come from behind after O'Neil cruz tied the game with a two run home run of his own in the eighth inning and The dodgers walk it off thanks To Tommy edmund five to four in ten. Innings tonight over The, Bucks Daniels jewelers presents the home Run. Forecast for your chance to win a fifty Dollars daniel's Jew ruler's gift, card VISIT am five SEVENTY la sports Dot com used the keyword home run and to your name you could. Win Daniels Jewelers own The. DREAM i still have a couple of pairs of tickets to give away to This sunday's. Game caller number seven and, eight you will win a pair of tickets for Snell Zilla. Sunday that's, Right Blake snell on the mound for the third time since coming off the il will be on the mound This. Sunday so callers seven and, eight you win a pair of tickets to This sunday Snell zilla Bump day eight six six nine eight seven two five. Seventy all, Right SO i did hear about this ground swell on social. Media Some dodger fans were going to try to copy what we started On Dodger talk last year For Mookie beds When mookie was going so poorly and his confidence was. Down he was, sad AND i just felt like he deserved a standing ovation from the fans here At Dodger. Stadium and it was similar to what The phillies did for The philly fans did For Trey turner last year after signing that big. Contract so The dodger fans on social media, said, hey let's Give Kyle tucker a standing. Ovation he hasn't played well here At Dodger. Stadium let's let him feel the. Love, well it wasn't a standing ovation For Kyle, tucker but it was a nice. Ovation it was an extended. Ovation so The dodger fans knew that things have not been going his, way especially, here so they wanted to show his support or their. Support so even though it wasn't fifty thousand plus on their feet with a loud standing ovation was it was good. Cheers they didn't boo, them they gave them good. Cheers And Mookie betts has a podcast three years, running Walk off With Mookie betts On Bleacher, report and his guest his latest guest was his Teammate Miguel. Rojas very easy Get, MOOKIE i, MEAN i gotta be honest with you being a talk show. HOST i mean to get your own teammate to come on the. Podcast very, easy very. Easy, anyway it was a good. Guest Miguel rojas is a great, guest and they talked about the inner sanctuary of the clubhouse and How Kyle tucker has fit in and How rojas has tried to make him feel as comfortable as. Possible we Know tuck is kind of going through. It he came into a tough.
Speaker 2: Situation you, know you give somebody that type of, contract like there's gonna be external pressure and really internal pressure for himself because he knows he needs to play.
Speaker 3: Well But i've seen that you are the person that can really talk to him and level with him and kind of keep him.
Speaker 7: Going the half all my confidence In tucker Because i'm really close to, him you, know, like And i've been taking my time to get to know, him trying to help him feel, better you, know about not just about, himself but about his teammates and the people that he's, around BECAUSE i am a truly Than when you feel, good you play, good, right and when you're kind of like going out there every day knowing that the guys have your back is a good, feeling and you go to a field and you, say you know, What i'm looking to my, left to my, right AND i see guys who are gonna support me even if things are not going right. GREAT i really want him to believe that the opinion that matters is the ones that you haven't your left and you.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah and that was a pretty good peek into How Kyle tucker's teammates are viewing him and how you, know they view his season and how they're trying, to you, know lift him up instead of bringing him. Down he's got a lot of people like. That Gary sheffield said at a charity function yesterday that he's Known Kyle tucker since he was a kid In tampa playing, baseball and he's a big believer That tucker's going to turn around his season in the final month to get ready for the playoffs and have a big. IMPACT i often talk To mark McGuire he actually unsolicited said the same. Thing so there's a lot of great former players that know the game pretty well that Believe Kyle tucker is going to come up big for The dodgers in the postseason and coming into the game tonight At Dodger, Stadium Kyle tucker was only hitting one eighty, nine AND i mentioned this on the last homestand if things aren't going your, way change up the. Routine similar To Sho Hao tani And Freddie, freeman two guys that like to hit in the cage more than hitting on the, field but when they feel like they're in a slump and need to change things, up they come out on the field and take batting. Practice and today we Saw Kyle tucker come out and take batting practice on the, field which was refreshing that he is changing up his. Routine tonight he was zero for four with a, walk but the quality of at bats were. Solid he didn't get the results, today but the quality of at bats were. Solid but WHAT i loved Is Kyle tucker acknowledging that whatever he was doing routine wise wasn't, working and it was basically a collective thought between him and The dodger hitting coaches, Said, hey let's change things. Up let's not go through the same groundhogs day every day because things are not going your way this, year so let's get that bad taste out of your. Mouth let's change the. Scenery let's get out on the field to take batting practice and Also tucker comes out for the first game of every series to shag batting practice and right field and track the flight of the ball out. There my understanding Is, tucker for the rest of the, season every night game is going to come out during batting practice and shag and right. Field SO i give him a lot of props just rethinking his whole process and being able to change his. Routine so at least he's doing, THAT i give him a lot of. Credit and, LOOK i Like Kyle tucker. Personally and you heard What Miguel rojas And Mookie betts had to say On mookie's, Podcast The Walk Off. Podcast it's not like his teammates have all this resentment for. Him they actually like him and are trying to prop him. Up but everybody's. Different everybody goes through their process. Differently And i'll say this, Again i've mentioned this a few. Times, look it's not an, excuse but the reality Is Kyle tucker probably thought he was going to get an eight year extension from The, astros a team that drafted, him developed, him won A World series with them in twenty twenty one or twenty, nineteen whatever it, was and he thought he was going to be an astro for a long. Time, instead the rug was pulled out from underneath. Him he was treated to The cubs going into last, year and he knew that was a temporary. Situation and here he is with The, dodgers signing a big time contract with a huge price tag of sixty million dollars for each of the next two. Years so that's three teams in three. Years and, YES la is a great place to. Play we're not as obnoxious As East coast fans In New york Or philly that if you don't get a hit in your first five home, games we're gonna start booing you off the. Field, no we're In. August and then that's When dodger fans started to voice their frustrations With tucker on the Last homestand and then you come to the ballpark, tonight you change your routine and fans give you a nice a nice, applause nice ovation when you come up for your first at, bat even though you're hitting one eighty nine at. HOME i, mean they haven't seen the best Of Kyle tucker in person by a long. Shot this. YEAR i don't See mets fit Or yankee fans doing that For Anthony volpi or you, know name any other underachieving metout. There But dodger fans did that For, tucker and you, KNOW i. Don't the one part of all this, is, yes this is an easy team to fit in, with but when you sign that type of, CONTRACT i don't care who you are or where you're, Playing you're not going under the. Radar so, Look i'm going to take the lead of guys Like Gary, Sheffield Sammy, Sosa mark McGuire And tucker's teammates and keep my fingers crossed that he's going to turn this around and come up with some quality at bats In october for The. Dodgers and now With Andy pajez out for the next, month they Need tucker to step up his. Production they don't need him to try to do too, much but they Need Kyle tucker that we see on the, road and in, fact they Need Hooky betts to be more. Consistent they need Taoscar. Hernandez they need those three guys to be better than what they have been offensively this year to make up for the production that The dodgers are going to be missing With Andy pajez for the next four weeks twenty one home runs eighty RBIs look they can. HANDLE i believe center field defensively Between key K, Hernandez Tommy edmund and most Likely Alec thomas getting the call. Up but offensively they're going to need some help and hopefully those three guys are able to step it. Up eight, six six, nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number so The dodgers made another roster move before the game. Today they had called Up Emit sheen to give them coverage At corsfield because you never know what could happen up. There but they did Send sheehan back down TO okc today and called up right handed Reliever Paul. Gervais but before they sent she him, DOWN i had a chance to catch up With emmett at Coors field and get a sense of where his head's at ever since being sent, down to try to get whatever was off track since spring training back on.
Speaker 8: Track, YEAH i feel like that's the only way to look at, is you, know getting work, in AND i felt like it was valuable to get some time down there and away from everything to work on things and get back to being you know WHO i, KNOW i can be out, There so, YEAH i felt good about.
Speaker 1: It Dave roberts said that he felt like you were getting too caught up in the mechanics of. Things do you feel like he kind of just reset everything and got back to compete. Mode did what did you do In Oklahoma city that helped you reset your? Season?
Speaker 8: YEAH i think. SO i, MEAN i, know, obviously like IF i want to be thrown, HARDER i got to do better with my, mechanics which it's stuff to worry about a lot of the, time BUT i, think you, know the MORE i can can work on it and during the week and When i'm not, throwing the LESS i have to think about it out on the, mound which is really important to just go out there and.
Speaker 1: Compete do you feel more confident with where you're at right now than where you were maybe even two weeks. Ago?
Speaker 8: Yeah, ABSOLUTELY i FEEL i feel. GREAT i got a you, know good starting last, week and, UH i feel LIKE i was executing a lot better and everything felt pretty, Sharp so, YEAH i feel.
Speaker 1: Good, who, uh who helped? YOU i Know connor is a big help, here but who who Helps? Amachan?
Speaker 8: Yeah connor And mark have been awesome all. Year they've been they've been working with. Me but, yeah In TRIPLE, A David anderson And Ryan, dennick we're two guys THAT i came up with and they they kind of know know me and, know you, know When i'm struggling and What i'm not doing well how to how to help with. That so those guys were awesome down there.
Speaker 1: Too is there anything noticeable that we can, see you, know the mere mortals em it when you take the mound? Again probably not.
Speaker 8: Honestly visually it's probably gonna look pretty similar by the, guess but hopefully just better execution and uh, yeah getting the ball of the spot a lot.
Speaker 1: More all. Right there Was Amid sheen WHEN i had a chance to catch up with Him wednesday In. Denver he never got into a, game but he was warming up the final game of that series In denver While Tanner scott was getting loose as. Well Tanner scott by the way back to back saves At corsfield of four out save On tuesday night and came in to save the game On wednesday as. Well So Tanner scott is The dodgers closer until further. Notice Edwin diaz on the il But Dave roberts And Andrew friedman are confident that he will have an opportunity In september to come back and see whether or not he can earn a spot on this playoff, roster and if if he, can if he is back on, track that's a huge boozt to right now a Struggling dodger bullpen eight six, six eight, seven two five seventy is the phone. Number dodgers beat The pirates tonight five to four in ten. Innings, also another Young dodger pitcher that is on his way back from a big, Surgery Gavin, stone who led The dodgers and starts in twenty twenty, four had shoulder surgery that year before it, ended and he's had a long road, back and even in spring training he had a couple of. Setbacks but last Night Gavin stone made his second start For Oklahoma city and pitched three perfect innings for The comets and had five. Strikeouts so that's great news For Gavin. Stone and he's another great guy and very easy to root, for SO i hope that he's able to make it all the way. BACK i would love to see him pitch in the major leagues, again and of, course not trying to bury the lead, here but three Time world champion Catcher Will, smith the man that is a calming presence behind the plate and one of the more clutch hitters in all Of Major League. Baseball he was out here today catching. Bullpens he was running and he actually took ibp against one of The dodgers young, Draftees Sam, horn the Former missouri quarterback and was drafted in the seventeenth round of the twenty five. Draft he's got big stuff and he was out here throwing To Will. Smith so if all goes well the rest of this, Weekend Will smith will be headed out for a rehab, assignment And Dave roberts said if he doesn't have any issues during that period of, time he likely will be activated the first week Of. September so that's huge news. Today but unfortunately the bad News Andy pie has tonight hit on the left hand in the third inning With Abubba chandler. Fastball he is out four to five weeks with a fractured left. Hand the easy move for The, dodgers and that's part of the reason why they picked Up Alec thomas earlier in the, summer is for situations like, This unfortunately, Likely Alec thomas would be the guy called up to play center field along with Keyk hernandez and Tom yedman Until andy pa has. Returns congratulations To austin And covina And juan In. La they were the winners of our pair of tickets To sunday's game With Blake snell on the. Mound we may have another pair to give away tomorrow, night so we'll see whether or not we can hold out for. That tomorrow it's a nationally televised game With Trek scoobol on the mound for The. Dodgers overall this, year he's seven and seven with an elray of two to eighty. Five he'll be making his third start with The, dodgers going up Against Jerry, jones who's two and five with AN era of four seventy. Eight our coverage begins at three, o'clock first pitch at four point fifteen With Rick munday And Tim neverett from our booth here At Uniclo field At Dodgers. Stadium that'll do it for us, tonight thanks To Colin ye staying with us late. Night thanks To dwayne McDonald out here at The ballpark and thanks to you for. Listening in case he missed any of the, show you can find it on The iHeartRadio. App and kudos to our Guy Charlie, steiner who not only went nine innings, tonight but also called his first extra innings game a three hour plus. Game charlie hung in there for all, that so he's a tough you know. What nobody else could do what he has done to come back and fight his way into the broadcast booth and fight his way through a ten inning, Game so kudos to. Him and he couldn't do it Without dwayne McDonald Or Rick. Munday their support is just as big as anything in this broadcast. Booth we're a family in here And dwayne And rick are been huge support To Charlie steiner's comeback this, season And tim neverd And Steven nelson unselfish teammates as. Well once, again the final score tonight The dodgers defeat The pirates five to four in ten. Innings have a great rest of your. Night Fox Sports radio is. Next see you
Speaker 4: S