Speaker 1: And this never ever ever happens, friend happen.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. I'm just confirming. Hang on, there we go a firming this. Yeah, this is a last minute message, indeed, and it's from that mom who moved and didn't tell her twelve year old son. Let's see what she said.
Speaker 3: A great Friday, proud everybody killed myself there?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think so, maybe just barely.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna do a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday has arrived. So pat yourself on the back. Congratulations they said you couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: And how's everybody doing on a Friday?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: Ready to Friday? Excited And I can't believe how fast this week is gone by, which means you're closed to next week.
Speaker 2: Uh, we got the roast just six days away now, gut six days away. Now it's going to be such a fun event next week. Do not miss out on it at all. And we have so many more things before we get to the end of the year that you know, obviously we're excited to share with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm having a baby.
Speaker 1: Oh congrets.
Speaker 2: We we obviously are going to be doing and I don't even know how long we've been doing it now, but you know, the bike drive is coming up again this year.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure we did it our first year, did we not? Thirteenth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe there was one scratched you, you know, for the Weird Years there or something, but.
Speaker 1: I believe mostly I call them the Weird years.
Speaker 2: It's the Wonder Years sequel that I am working on that will.
Speaker 1: Be here very very soon.
Speaker 2: But the year is is really I mean, I cannot believe we're almost in November here. It's kind of crazy. I always hate to say that because some of you are probably like, what, this has been the longest year of my life. All of my family has died.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, all right, well, you know I don't want that to happen too.
Speaker 5: You have multiple friends that all of their family, don't.
Speaker 2: I know, there's some people out there in that exact circle, you know, they lost one in January, February, March, April, May, and.
Speaker 5: You haven't stopped talking about it.
Speaker 1: Rabbit on and on and on. My mom died, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, shut up, Okay, let's split our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse.
Speaker 1: This guy, no one cried for him, so he's upset.
Speaker 2: I know. The thing is, I just figured, I just figured, uh, let's just blow up my inbox today.
Speaker 1: Let's do that from all right.
Speaker 2: Let's put our ears the ground, our figures of the pulse was happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to Connecticut, everybody, Yes, indeed, where a woman was very very upset about a haunted house, a halloween house. I guess this woman doesn't even live anywhere near this house, which.
Speaker 1: Is kind of funny to me, even she drove all the way.
Speaker 2: There to this place in Connecticut and then decided what she was going to do was reach out to the local TV station. And she is so mad about their Halloween decorations, and the homeowner is like, too bad, stuff it, lady. All my family members have died this year, so I am going to have the most epic Halloween.
Speaker 1: She asked that you could ever have this. Watch how mad this lady is here she goes those that is.
Speaker 6: That is and that's insane for the people to put it out.
Speaker 1: Lavern Jackson, can.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you that does sound like it could be one of my teases before the break sometimes on this show.
Speaker 5: And and you never understand.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe it. And it's Kellen in like four segments, even though she said over the next one.
Speaker 2: She missed like an unhinged or something. But it is a very exciting, it's crazy, it's wild. She's really ramping it up. I mean, it is a pretty crazy Halloween display. What I'm looking at right off the jump is a skeleton trying to climb over a fence with.
Speaker 5: Barbed wire and not make it or very flexible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or quite skinny. I mean, I don't know what to make of this, but it doesn't look good.
Speaker 4: It's a bottomye wand a barbed.
Speaker 1: Wire escape that's going on. That stopped he.
Speaker 6: That is that is that's insane for the people to put it out.
Speaker 7: Laver Jackson ken having to check it out, and the hanging bodies was her biggest concern.
Speaker 2: All right now, I'm taking a look. You got a prisoner in the front yard by the tree. You got very elaborate another one of those gallows things that that other house had. But it's just there's some people hang in up here, nondescript. These aren't like you know, elected officials.
Speaker 1: Or anything like that. The skeletons, yeah, they're all skeletons that are hanging at least within sight that I could see here now. But she is fired up.
Speaker 6: Mad black person like me, very offensive to me and my ancestors and next door ancestors offended.
Speaker 5: Because of the barbed w iron.
Speaker 8: It looks reminiscent of the concentration camps or Garrett.
Speaker 4: In order to see if they'd be up for making some changes.
Speaker 1: When you know better, you can do better, and I was hoping for that.
Speaker 7: But ultimately it's private property versus freedom of expression.
Speaker 5: And upon them.
Speaker 7: And that's the feeling of others in town, who say the owners here go all out for the holidays year round.
Speaker 5: People wait an hour.
Speaker 1: It says for the.
Speaker 2: I cannot read whatever it says. Oh it says, Oh, it says something for the terminally insane.
Speaker 1: So it's an asylum.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's classic Halloween.
Speaker 1: Same totally.
Speaker 2: It's an asylum kind of set up with a big black cape with barbed wire and all these skeletons. I have a I have multiple neighbors within one place.
Speaker 1: Cool guy in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I have multiple neighbors within one block who have the skeletons that they all set up in clever ways every day or every couple of days. Like, for instance, one of my neighbors now has a set up where they have a car that they haven't been using, and one of the skeletons is getting hit by the car.
Speaker 1: The other one's like hanging out of the window of the car.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's like four or so that are all like in these scenes, and it's fun, it's clever.
Speaker 4: And here I was spending thirty dollars on Cowboy outfits for the giant skeleton that I do.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool too, I mean that's what people do. Yeah, you take the skeletons.
Speaker 5: We could do a car accident scene.
Speaker 1: Change, or you could do a terminally insane asylum setting if you want to.
Speaker 5: We're just ill, not even insane, like they're gonna die.
Speaker 1: Some tuberculosis clinic.
Speaker 2: I do find it to be one of those things where you look at this and you're like, why would the neighbors even complain? Come on, like, it's just a Halloween display an insane one. Yes, but that's what people do now. They're like over the top about bellowen.
Speaker 4: The saane asylum is different than lynching, mentioning.
Speaker 1: Which I don't see.
Speaker 2: And by the way, these skeletons cannot tell if they're black or white, cannot tell. That's the beauty of that's the beauty of humanity underneath this.
Speaker 1: I know a lot.
Speaker 2: When I was little, For a little while, I thought people might have skeletons the color of their skin or something.
Speaker 1: It's not actually that way.
Speaker 2: These are all just skeletons, So I don't She's just kind of carrying.
Speaker 1: Out here in my estimation, as are a lot of that.
Speaker 5: She also looks like a badass. And those are you not watching? I don't know if you're gonna put on a.
Speaker 1: Race car driver.
Speaker 4: Yes, as like a bullet and the dopest jacket I've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 2: The lady looks like she stopped her her race in the middle and got out.
Speaker 1: Was like, it's the sane, it's.
Speaker 4: Crazy through the window, put down that little mesh that's right there.
Speaker 5: There's no door handles, and made a complaint.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, that's by my house? Is it really this? This this particular one.
Speaker 2: Let me see if I get a good shot for those of you over on. Let's see it now. I'll put this up in just a bit. It is elaborate, it is wild, and you're always gonna have these neighbors. In fact, I have a neighbor not too far from you, another one I hate a brag really kicking it off here. Yeah, this other neighbor I talked about, they had closed lines with clothes on them. And I know it really sounds like I'm flexing now, but behind it.
Speaker 9: Was, uh, this loser lives in a perfect neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Let me guess, dog the vicinity of this.
Speaker 1: House that you can borrow a cup of sugar from your neighbor too.
Speaker 2: They had Mike Michael Myers from Halloween behind these closed lines in the clothes lines. With that, you know, the clothes would blow up and it would be scary and it was fun.
Speaker 1: They took it down. Wow, I don't I don't know if people were mess with it or people complained.
Speaker 5: Or is that a weird storm that came through.
Speaker 1: Could be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did have one whip through the area, so it very well could be that and everything else gets whipped up. But yeah, people do freak out about these things. It's a little silly, but that's that's kind of where things are. Most Most notably, I think it would be interesting. See angry over haunted house.
Speaker 5: I'll put this an outfit that's.
Speaker 2: Too many, too many words I got to type and talk. But you have all these people who react this way. What the big lesson I'd like to force out there, if I could at some point in time, which I can't, would be that local news would stop.
Speaker 1: Doing some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Would go hey, I know they know exactly what they're doing. Like the local news reporter does not care about this, but they've got a couple of angry people and a cool visual and so fire it up. Let's go, let's do this thing. I wish they would get a little more particular with.
Speaker 1: These kind of stories.
Speaker 2: But here we are in twenty twenty five, almost in November. We also have a big storm out there headed our way, Tropical Storm Melissa forecast and not only become a category.
Speaker 1: One off hurricane been there a.
Speaker 2: Category two hurricane, but a Category four hurricane.
Speaker 1: Is this what?
Speaker 2: That's what's in store here for the storm Melissa out there in the Caribbean, and probably gonna be fine for us because we got that shield going on.
Speaker 1: It's on the east coast.
Speaker 4: Justma with the shield that Sean put up is that it destroys any place we would love to vacation too.
Speaker 2: All I have to say about that is why didn't they put up their own shields?
Speaker 1: You know, I put up the shields.
Speaker 4: Come on, we've been trying to help you guys out at your own inclusive resort.
Speaker 1: Didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, everybody has to put up their own shields. And the United States is currently protected. We've got enough stuff going on here. We got enough drama going on here. Okay, people are upset about all kinds of things. We can't have a hurricane right now, but we'll keep an eye on Melissa.
Speaker 1: I think all things will we find. And I'm not talking about Josh's wife. That would be make her worse. Yeah you know how that works. Yeah, I've been there before.
Speaker 2: Chill out, not with her, but yeah, that's calm down. Just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: You're acting crazy right now?
Speaker 4: Are you on your period?
Speaker 2: Just write these down, folks, These are the ones that don't work. There are proper ways to disarm a bomb.
Speaker 5: And then there are ways to make it bigger.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 5: Say it to me, say any of those lines?
Speaker 1: Uh so hard?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, So we'll keep an eye on the tropical store Melissa. That's going to be a big hurricane this weekend that probably not posed much of a threat to the United States and the East Coast. We have so many things to get into. I am loaded up with stories today. We got a lot of stuff to talk about when we come back. I've been taking shots at at Paris and France for the insanity that is their lack of security at the biggest museum in the world, and the idea that people could just kind of waltz in and grab the crown jewels and take a million dollars and then just cruise on out down a scissor lift or whatever and then disappear into thin air.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, it looks like we have our own problems. Now.
Speaker 2: We have our own there's been a heist. There's ben a heist. We'll talk about what happened. We have our own problems. Now we'll get into some of your emails and a whole lot more. It's all coming up next. Done that to use junk Kie, join us on the show at any time you like with a dispatch, send yours on the news junkie dot com or an email, Tips Tips at thenewschunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: Except for you, France.
Speaker 2: Uh, France can feel free. Actually, France can feel free to chime in with the dispatch during this segment or any other segment.
Speaker 1: However.
Speaker 2: I want to say to France, I will probably make fun of you during it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've just let everything go to.
Speaker 2: The French people sat there and said our cameras were pointed the wrong way.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 2: A couple of people made their way in like a bootleg Ocean's eleven, like the pond two or however many there were live.
Speaker 1: In leos made their way into the museum.
Speaker 2: They took a million dollars plus worth of jewels or was it even.
Speaker 10: More than one hundred million, and then dropped one right, They dropped one of them on the way out, and they you can see them just going down like a scissor lift thing, with no comps there or nothing, nobody to chase them at all.
Speaker 2: It was embarrassing and I thought, this is just par for the course for France.
Speaker 1: They don't know how to fix things.
Speaker 2: You go to try to see their their biggest and best and shiniest thing, the Eiffel Tower, and it's completely surrounded with people trying to sell you trinkets and rip you off, and they just they're to.
Speaker 5: Make the Eiffel Tower like their genitals or something.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just an unstoppable force of tourists.
Speaker 1: There's no way, kind though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've even thought about it myself from time to time.
Speaker 1: But then every once in a while you go ahead and pull that down. Sorry, I thought I turned my mic off. That is my bad. I think they made less noise than m so sorry at the loop. Well, hang on just a moment.
Speaker 4: I'll put an all company email need WD forty Sea Lions booth as I feel.
Speaker 2: So stupid right now, Well I are radio said, Hey, here's the good news. This thing only has a sensitive microphone attached to it.
Speaker 1: Let's see how.
Speaker 2: Take take that and move it like to your right drastically.
Speaker 4: Oh that's fine.
Speaker 1: Up and down, go up with it.
Speaker 5: Now down now up, now down.
Speaker 1: I know what you're doing. I know what you're doing.
Speaker 11: Nice.
Speaker 2: Try all right, anyhow, over to our very own high You're welcome. And this time this happened at a Florida mall, where masked robbers cut a hole in a concrete roof and bust it into a mall on the Treasure Coast of Florida.
Speaker 1: And now we've got our own heightst going on one more time. Where was it?
Speaker 2: This was at a Florida mall on the Treasure Coast. And I forgot the name of the mall, but they'll they'll mention it here, Oh, Treasure Coast Mall.
Speaker 5: And there is a mall in town, also called the Florida Mall.
Speaker 2: Now, this one is the Treasure Coast Mall in Jensen Beach, Florida. And there was a Champ Sporting Goods and they cut through a concrete roof and they stole a whole bunch of sneakers in this heist.
Speaker 4: And that was all that was left that a Champ Sporting Goods. I don't that store was still open.
Speaker 2: These must have been These must have been really good and targeted sneakers. Because I'm just a simple man doing simple math. But they're suggesting that it was fifty thousand dollars in sneakers, right, So these are like one hundred dollars shoes at the very least that they were stealing. And they got four hundred and five hundred pairs of these things. And this is our version of the Loover robbery going down. Okay, how many shoes in Florida? Pairs of shoes? Box that has two shoes in it? Can one person carry?
Speaker 1: Not that many? Yeah, five boxes would be a little tough. I mean you started.
Speaker 4: Getting a twenty people in the heist.
Speaker 1: You know what you need to do.
Speaker 2: You need to hire all servers, all servers from restaurants and to balance that kind.
Speaker 5: Of strind by court.
Speaker 2: Huh, they got all the skills. Let's see what happened here.
Speaker 1: Here's WPBF with the news on this heist of sneakers.
Speaker 6: Here we go on the Treasure Coast are searching for a group of sneaker thieves after they say the crew pulled off an elaborate rooftop heist at the Treasure Coast mall in Jensen Deech.
Speaker 1: Like something out of a movie. Angela Rose here has the details end.
Speaker 2: This movie is way less exciting than the one in Paris.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, dun d d Heavin space.
Speaker 5: He's in it and he's gonna teach the matter do it well.
Speaker 1: He's trying to make a comeback.
Speaker 2: So you got to you gotta take the easy, low hanging fruit gigs and this might be that one for him.
Speaker 1: It's four hundred to five hundred pairs of Nike shoes. How many people are involved? Let's see what they know.
Speaker 6: Oh well, the investigators with the Martin County show us off as say, the reported theft here inside the Treasure Coast Mall took place in the early warning hours on Tuesday. All right, still trying to track down suspects. They take their share of these photos taking up the crush trash bags. They say, you can see how the thieves cut their way through the concrete group.
Speaker 1: Well, they for real.
Speaker 2: They cut a massive hole in the roof through the concrete and then drop down into the shoe store. This is a long way to go for fifty thousand dollars in sneakers.
Speaker 1: And let's say you get your fifty more, No way, I don't think so. You you steal a whole bunch of Nikes.
Speaker 2: Let's say you steal five hundred boxes of Nikes. All right, If you could sell them for one hundred, one hundred and fifty dollars in the store, you're getting like what twenty or fifty for them on Facebook Marketplace or something.
Speaker 5: Now you do it on Facebook Marketplace, you're giving that to.
Speaker 2: A wherever they do sailor well, they have to go to somebody who's willing to take in potentially illegal goods. So they're probably they're not going to get the whole price of whatever these things are worth. So then what do they get? Maybe ten grand to cut a hole in the roofs are.
Speaker 4: For Nikes with this one particular shoe that just got released or something.
Speaker 2: The thing I'm looking at says Nike and New Balance sneakers, which is since when if you told me when I was a kid, someday people will steal in a heist pairs of New Balanced shoes, I would not have believed you. No, I would have said, those are the nerdiest shoes out there.
Speaker 4: But it gives a lot of hope to the Sketchers shape ups people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean I think those are kind too. I think these things are coming back. New Balance are cool, now, aren't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They are. Sketchers are not. Sketchers are not because Joe Montana is well, yeah, that's not going to sell me.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's not going to do it for me. Of course I do. Do you know who Joe Montana is?
Speaker 1: Before?
Speaker 2: I okay, Joe Montana is the former quarterback of the San Francisco forty nine ers, who is a legendary quarterback. Used to connect commonly with Jerry Rice, the wide receiver that I believe is in the Hall of Fame, as is Joe Montana. They called him smoking Joe. That part of made up, but the rest.
Speaker 1: Of it is accurate.
Speaker 5: Very impressed.
Speaker 1: Do I not know who who Joe Montana?
Speaker 5: You won call me.
Speaker 1: A football fan? Say I'm a football fan.
Speaker 5: You're a football fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That sounded like a question more than anything.
Speaker 6: And the Treasure Coast Mall then dropping into a sporting good store and reportedly stole hundreds of pairs of Nike shoes. Damn say, stole the bagged, tagged, thrown off the roof and loaded into a getaway vehicle. But as you can see, some of the items were left behind. An investigator say, anyone who may have been in the area of the mall on Tuesday midnight at eight am and saw something suspicious for their urge to contact detectives.
Speaker 2: Well, well if they will, they won't getting involved in that. No, No, those people wanted those shoes. Man, Nike Airmax. Let's do the numbers on this What where can we get a pair of Nike Airmax dot com? Smoking Joe Smoking Joe Frasier is the boxer.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm getting Nike Airmax two seventy ninety ninety seven ninety five mix one.
Speaker 5: All right, any.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cheap, though, isn't it.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's the name of the shoe.
Speaker 1: There's no just pick one, just pick one. What you're looking at?
Speaker 4: Nike air Max two seventies damn oh oh well run you.
Speaker 5: God, damn it.
Speaker 4: Sean Nike air Max to seventy that's the title, okay of.
Speaker 5: The shoe name one hundred seventy dollars.
Speaker 2: One seventy dollars. That's that's pricing, that is Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now you can get them at Dix for apparently seventy seven dollars right now if.
Speaker 1: You act fast.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want because I I want to bring something back. Can I get a pair? Do they have new rebock pumps? They still got those out there?
Speaker 4: I think those were called back because of that, like the puff material was so good.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want to I want to bring back the rebox pumps. They were real expensive when I was young.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going to give you the name of the shoe. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: It is Rebok Men's pump Omni Zone two.
Speaker 1: Wow, let us steal.
Speaker 5: I'll take them one hundred and sixty dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, even everything's expensive nowadays, the shoes are expensive.
Speaker 1: It's a wild time to be out there.
Speaker 5: Expensive shoe a while.
Speaker 2: Ago, a while ago, because I'm over that stuff I now wear.
Speaker 1: Get ready to get judge mode.
Speaker 2: No shoes in the studio just because you know, I'm hippie man over here right now. But I don't even know if these are cool, the ones that I wear, or if they're nerdy or what I now wear Brooks shoes.
Speaker 5: Lesbians love those.
Speaker 2: That they look kind of like they I like them or lesbians I like them. Welcome, we'll see what you think about all of this. Another heist though taking place, and of course we're going to feature that here on the show. Tips at the neewsjunkie dot com and Phillip emails the show. Phillip says, Hey, junkies, I know you guys aren't wrestling fans.
Speaker 1: How dare you say?
Speaker 5: I am a fan.
Speaker 2: There's a real big story going on right now in the world of Pro Wrestling. Well, since you're a fan, fill us in, Sabrino. What is this big storyline underway right now?
Speaker 4: We don't have time for it. We do have to go to a commercial break. But it's crazy and I'm.
Speaker 1: A wrestler got fired from the w WE.
Speaker 5: Okay, big done, Big fired and.
Speaker 1: It says they showed up recently on ae.
Speaker 4: WTV, which is a big competitor.
Speaker 1: M WWE then sent a w AS season desist.
Speaker 5: Letter that's a CD.
Speaker 2: That the the wrestler onra DA has a one year no compete in his contract and you can't wrestle anywhere else. I want to know if this is legal? Can you ask MO? All right, I'll put that over here. I'll put it over here.
Speaker 5: From non compete are very leg I'm not.
Speaker 1: Is that what he was asking. I'll reread the email tomorrow. MO will tell us whether or not.
Speaker 5: We are never going to read that email to I just.
Speaker 1: Put it away. What are you talking about? Yes, of course I put in the stack stack number two.
Speaker 2: I put it in over here. Okay, we want to hear from you. It's time that you join us here on the show. And how do you do that? One way is to send what we call a dispatch. Record your video or audio dispatch over at the newsjunky dot com right now, or email the show at any time, tips, T, I P.
Speaker 1: S at thenewschunky dot com. All right, more of those emails coming.
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got another one of these strikes on these cartel boats that has a lot of people talking.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: Update on the whole sports gambling controversy, and that's all in just the next bit here, so don't go anywhere. It's coming up next. I'm the new US junkie. These days, we're just blasting. We're just blasting ships out of the water. They're out there.
Speaker 1: Apparently they're loaded up with fentanyl or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell because you just blow them into smithereens. And then afterwards you're like they.
Speaker 1: Were Narco terrorists and I'm like, I, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have a lot left because we did blow it up with like, you know, a mini nuke and just completely annihilated the thing. And it's kind of crazy, but that has been a real thing that's been going on, and there was another one on Thursday night, I believe, And now the death toll is up to forty six people that have been killed in these these strikes on what they said were these cartel boats.
Speaker 1: And a couple of things come to mind.
Speaker 2: If these are these cartel boats, is the cartel that absolutely unhinged that the boats are being blown out of the water, and they're like, put another one.
Speaker 1: In the water, another one out there, you take the gigs.
Speaker 4: Can you not just own a cigarette boat and go for a high speed cruise without getting blown up?
Speaker 1: Well not right now. I don't know. I don't know if you can.
Speaker 2: I am of the frame of mind and I think most people are that if we are going to be saying that people are members of like cartels or drug gangs of drug smugglers.
Speaker 1: That we should arrest them.
Speaker 2: I don't care where they are, arrest them, apprehend them, bring them to justice, put a stop to all of this. If they put up a firefight, blast them, baby. You know you went there, you tried to get them, but just kind of going seems like a cartel boat. Boo that is that seems crazy to me. But that's kind of where we're at right now. And a reporter asked Trump about this. Here's here's Trump's response, Okay, he was asked about these cartel boat blastings.
Speaker 1: Trump said this, and.
Speaker 12: Mister president, if you are declaring war against these cartels, and Congress is likely to approve of that process, why not just ask for a declaration of war?
Speaker 13: Well, I don't think we're gonna necessarily ask for a declaration of war. I think we're just gonna kill people that are bringing drugs into our country.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna kill them. You know, they're gonna be like dead.
Speaker 5: Is this real? Is that real?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: The guys ad with a creaky, cracky.
Speaker 2: Voice because he is a member of the United States Press and most of them are absolute nerds, and he says, well, what's up with this? Hey, what's going on? Should we know more about this? Should we declare war on these cartels officially?
Speaker 1: Like what should we do here? And he's like, I don't think we're going to be doing that.
Speaker 2: I think we could declare war or bankruptcy or other things that you declare, or you could just declare those people dead.
Speaker 1: That's the other way around it, like dead, They're just going to be like dead.
Speaker 12: Mister president, if you are declaring war against these cartels and Congress is likely to.
Speaker 1: Approve of that process.
Speaker 12: Why not just ask for a declaration of war.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't think we're going to necessarily ask for a declaration of war. I think we're just going to kill people that are bringing drugs into our country.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to kill them.
Speaker 2: The craziest thing about this is what is the top punishment for drug smuggling?
Speaker 1: Is it death? I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: I think the top punishment for drug smuggling is probably like a very extended sentence in prison. But you're like, hey, if you're committing this crime, we're just going.
Speaker 1: To kill you.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, zero explanation. Did I get forced into sending these drugs? Did I even know what I was going to be transporting? Nope?
Speaker 5: Kill like dead, big t.
Speaker 1: And then then there's not any evidence left behind. I don't know.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that? Folks? Let us know. Maybe you support this. I don't support the cartels. I think the cartels are.
Speaker 4: Terrible, oh not very nice that don't care for the drugs that they're bringing in. Mind you, I don't think it's only the cartels that are bringing drugs in. There's a lot. Yeah, we have other ways besides cigarette boats in the ocean that drugs are coming into the country.
Speaker 2: I can't even tell what kind of boat this was. This is overnight, at the direction of the President, Department of War carried out a legal kinetic strike on a vessel operated by Trend de Arragua and it's a designated terrorist organization trafficking narcotics in the Caribbean scene. The vessel was known by our intelligence to be involved in illicit narcotics smuggling, was transitioning along a known narco trafficking route and carrying narcotics. Six male narco terrists were aboard the vessel during the strike. All six terrorists were killed and no US forces were harmed. He said, we are going to treat you like Al Qaeda day or night. We will map your networks and track your people. Here's the boat, and it was there, and it's still there. They're floating on the water. I guess they got some drugs or something. And now it's gone. That was.
Speaker 1: Fast, was there and then and it's.
Speaker 2: Gone, just like that. That's how fast it happens. And those people are just evaporated and you just put cuffs. The best way to handle it is put cuffs on whatever remained.
Speaker 1: What remains, yea.
Speaker 4: They could sell that boat at auction and make some good dollars that go towards a cool highway or something.
Speaker 2: Or they could take whatever's left and they use it as Halloween display right all across the country. That's probably what you got after an explosion like that.
Speaker 4: I would love to hear the Little Mermaid version of that song after everything sinks down?
Speaker 5: What do you call it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Black tar heroin?
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 2: I am not an expert on the field of munitions fought, but I do know that that seemed like a big, big explosion, whatever it was.
Speaker 1: This is what are we doing now for hair? Oh no, it's like a video game with Trump. Just black, It just black.
Speaker 4: Get him at my lobby, Nube damn.
Speaker 2: You would think that this would put a halt to a lot of it, right, They would go, well, they're blowing up our people in our boats submarines.
Speaker 1: It is uh.
Speaker 2: Josh, do a search for me with your fingers over there, if you don't mind.
Speaker 1: I'll try.
Speaker 2: Total members of Trend deg are there suspected to be? How many total members of Trend de Aragua are there expected suspected to be, And I don't know what kind of drugs they have, whether it's Sabrina's very nineties reference to black tar heroin okay.
Speaker 4: You know, or people still do heroin? Is it not black tar anymore?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: But whether it's that or the new fentis or the zombie drugs. How many members of that trendy Aragua game or gang or their expected.
Speaker 9: Experts estimate that the Venezuelan gang trendy Iragua has between five thousand and seven thousand members. Discrepancy in numbers is due to the difficulty of counting members of a transnational criminal organization.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. That makes sense. But it seems like we're just blasting them. Let us know what you think. You support this, you against it? What are your thoughts? Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. This is Pete Hegseth, the Secretary of Defense or now Secretary of War. That's right, and he was defending these strikes, so I want to hear what he has to say.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's got a good point here.
Speaker 3: Generally you don't see fishing in submarines either, Sir oh So.
Speaker 2: This is when that was somebody said, hey, these are like fishing boats. What if these are fishing boats that you're blasting out of the water.
Speaker 3: Generally you don't see fishing in submarines either, sir. So this the US military, as I mentioned, nobody better in the world at mapping networks, identifying who's connected to who.
Speaker 1: Inside terrorist organizations.
Speaker 3: It's just the media is used to hearing that when it pertains to Afghanistan and Iraq and ISIS.
Speaker 1: And al Qaeda. But if you reframe how you understand the world in our own.
Speaker 3: Hemisphere, that's exactly what these foreign terrorist organizations are.
Speaker 1: And this is this is a crazy thing.
Speaker 2: If you look around every once in a while, you can see what's going on, and you can sort of evaluate where we are and where we're at now. Is everybody just redefined stuff all the time, and everything loses its meaning everybody is a Nazi or a racist or now a terrorist and you could just like shape this now.
Speaker 1: I again, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I hate I hate that I have to always qualify things like this, but I'm gonna do it anyways because some of you will just try to take this out of context. I absolutely think these these these gang leaders and these cartels are horrific, but I view them. I don't know, maybe it's my allegiance to words, but I view them as something very different than I view a terrorist group, because terrorist groups, in my estimation, are motivated by different things. They could be a fight to establish a state and they're a terrorist group.
Speaker 1: It could be a fight on behalf of a.
Speaker 2: Religion, which isn't a lot of cases to start a terrorist group. I mean a lot of things could be called terrorist groups. But I think calling these you know what they are, and just like gangs and drug gangs and those.
Speaker 1: Sorts of things, is just fine. Just say you want to blow those.
Speaker 5: People, market business people.
Speaker 1: I just don't think everything needs to be a terrorist. I don't think if.
Speaker 5: It was bringing terror that's problem.
Speaker 2: So then school shooters are terrorists, and you know, like everybody, everybody is a terrorist.
Speaker 1: And then when you say my son signed.
Speaker 2: On to the military he's going to fight terrorists in the Middle East, You're like, wait, well, which kind is if the school shooter kind? Are they the bearded kind? Okay, what kind of people are we talking about? I don't know if we really need to conflate those things.
Speaker 1: They're just bad. But I wish there was a different way to do this.
Speaker 2: However, if if it puts a stop to it, they'll probably find people who support this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Maybe it's you. Let us know again.
Speaker 2: I send a dispatch over it the news Junkie dot A couple of emails coming in, and this is let's see. This person says, I'm a micro biologist. Cool and uh and mom is about to be fired and decertified in the state of Texas. Oh oh, the mother who Okay, this person's talking about our mother of the day recently who brought home specimens from the lab and their little kid ate a goner Rhea specimen from her lab. So I'm a microbiologist and that mom is about to be fired and decertified in the state of Texas. Under no circumstances can a specimen be removed from the lab. The real question is who is she planning on giving gone rhea? Good question. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do not know.
Speaker 2: I don't that's very strange, but certainly appreciate the feedback. Send yours in tips tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. All right, quick break, when we come back, gonna get real cold this weekend for about ten million people in the United States. We got more on the ballroom at the White House. We've got an insane AI story as I've been following so many of them over here, in a whole lot more just in the next bit here, and it's all coming up.
Speaker 1: Next done the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: You are welcome on this show at any time. I mean that, and you can set us a dispatch. Do that over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: That's where you can send in your comments via well, you could send in video dispatches, audio dispatches, or.
Speaker 2: Just email the show tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. There's one thing that they do in the Midwest for Halloween that I hope they never start doing anywhere else because it's literally it's the dumbest thing for Halloween.
Speaker 1: It's the dumbest thing of all the Halloween things.
Speaker 2: And I saw a couple of stories this week where they were kicking these back up, and uh, I just you know, I don't buy it, but some people do.
Speaker 1: I guess. In Chicago in.
Speaker 2: Particular, one thing that is popular around Halloween, the laziest Halloween thing of the world is they do haunted car washes in Chicago.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things that they do.
Speaker 2: Like they don't have as many haunted houses, they don't have like theme parks that you go to, but one of the things that they legitimately do. It's a Midwestern thing that you see in certain places around you know, the Midwest obviously, And what they do is you go to the car wash and they'll have their employees dressed up in some.
Speaker 4: Kind of like the auto car wash, like, yeah, you stop your car, get moving forward on it?
Speaker 5: On your wife?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you know, like Frankenstein's cleaning your windshield.
Speaker 4: See where that could be scary After that foam soap is over your front windshield and you can't see anything, and all of a sudden it gets wiped and there's scary person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the thing. It doesn't come together like that. It's usually just like they go, welcome to the spooky car wash, and then Frankenstein washes your headlights and your.
Speaker 1: Tail lights real dirty.
Speaker 2: And then you know, some woman who's supposed to be like a hot vampire is walking around and telling you where to go to get on the tracks. And then you just go through a car wash. Okay, the rest of it is.
Speaker 5: Literally a lot more or it just comes with the car wash, because.
Speaker 2: More the spooky tunnel, Like you're not fooling mean when you go, hey, come into the spooky tunnel. And then I go into the tunnel and I'm like, this is just the car wash and nothing has changed. And if I'm honest with you, a car wash is the absolute opposite of spooky to me.
Speaker 5: It's like you've not been to a cool car wash?
Speaker 1: Then it's it's like a nice little experience.
Speaker 2: Do you No, No, I don't think so she does, yes, yeah, in her car.
Speaker 5: Go get in one of those car washes.
Speaker 4: And then but has to be like at the perfect time when they start with the big blowers, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Open that uh, open that sun roof.
Speaker 4: Thrill.
Speaker 1: I don't want to thrill.
Speaker 4: No, what you're like in one of those tornado machines, but ten times better?
Speaker 1: Why would I just walk through it? Then? And then I don't have any damage under the car. That's kind of.
Speaker 4: Spooky damage done to you after you know what you want to create something spooky.
Speaker 2: In Chicago, have a bunch of like gangster types in a room.
Speaker 5: You're all being blown up and.
Speaker 2: It's pitch black in the room. Room, and then I open the door. I have to get to the exit of the door in the dark, and I have to survive it. That's scary, but that's frightening.
Speaker 1: Like twenties gangster types.
Speaker 2: Well no, I mean it's just like anybody, any street thug you can think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see the.
Speaker 2: People who are blasting each other and they're all in this room.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's going to happen. It's pitch black in there. You got nothing that's scary going through a car.
Speaker 2: Wash, You're like the forty dollars for the spooky car wash and there's there's nothing.
Speaker 4: Looking at videos online, and I bet it would be a different experience. Once you're in the car, you'll have the spirit of Halloween inside of you.
Speaker 2: Let me see, No, I love Halloween. I just say my version of Halloween is better. I'll bring this up in a second. I say my version of Halloween is better. And here's why I shun these dumb ideas, the Midwestern haunted car wash.
Speaker 1: Shun get out of here. I don't want to see you.
Speaker 2: The idea on the left coast, on the West coast, of the United States of America, that you don't say the phrase haunted house, and that West Coasters say haunted maze is inarguably worse. In every possible way is shown. It's a haunted house. They're all haunted houses through a.
Speaker 4: Metrified forest which was a forest, and there's trails.
Speaker 5: It is a maze of some sort.
Speaker 1: There was no house when you go to when you go to Halloween horror Nights, you've been there.
Speaker 2: Yes, would you consider that going through a haunted house or a haunted maze?
Speaker 5: I'm going in hunted houses?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, all right, so you're going in haunted.
Speaker 4: Houses, right, but a petrified forest.
Speaker 2: At Universal Studios in Los Angeles, they call them haunted mazes.
Speaker 5: Do they have different things than us?
Speaker 1: No, it's the same stuff. It's the same stuff.
Speaker 2: But that they called they don't call how the place is haunted houses. They call them haunted mazes over there. It's just dumb. It's dumb. I have a video for somebody trying this. You want to see if this is If you guys support this or not?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think it's I think it's dumb, but you might like it.
Speaker 2: You might be one over let's see all right, here it goes. This is somebody going through this. This contains flashing lights. You know, it's a warning. All right, okay, scary you with your windows down when you go up the.
Speaker 4: Fun got get out of my car.
Speaker 1: I don't want that.
Speaker 2: So there's a woman dressed up as a spooky clown and a guy is a like skeleton.
Speaker 5: That's fun, dude.
Speaker 2: They're blowing fire. Yeah, they do all this stuff until you go through the car wash. Then you're just getting a car wash.
Speaker 1: They got the.
Speaker 2: Chainsaws, you know, they're doing all this stuff. And then you scary because yeah, I know what's happening here.
Speaker 1: These are the same people that I saw the week before that were washing my front windshield. They spook you with the masks. And then you go.
Speaker 2: Up to the car wash itself and it's just regular ass car who after the.
Speaker 4: Beginning, now wait to that film.
Speaker 1: Speaky Clown and then now you're in a car wash.
Speaker 2: Right at this point, this is a regular old car wash.
Speaker 1: What do we think, folks? Everybody way in?
Speaker 2: Is the haunted car wash a good Halloween thing or a bad Halloween thing?
Speaker 1: All right way in over on chat win Win.
Speaker 4: If you think about it, it's too expensive for what it is.
Speaker 2: I think it was more like a bunch more than it was normally. And for me, I'm like, they ain't going to do it for me.
Speaker 1: You can look it up.
Speaker 2: A tunnel of terror is one of the big ones, but there's lots of them that they do, and I've heard people trying to start doing this in other places.
Speaker 1: For me, they go to haunted houses.
Speaker 2: You go into a haunted house, they spook the duke, and you go on to the next thing.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if it's a good one, if it's a good one, somebody says, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Coming easily entertained. Easily entertained, What entertains you?
Speaker 5: I think you want to have a live blood splatter on your face.
Speaker 1: No, I don't need that.
Speaker 2: I just want to be in a place where they've like built a different world around me.
Speaker 1: I know that sounds like I'm asking a lot.
Speaker 4: I all I want is a simple change of everything I've known and loved and just have me floating.
Speaker 2: And if you could just change the material matter in the world. No, no, if you I want to go into a place and feel like I've been transported right a scary dimension and I don't feel that at a car wash. I feel like it's a bunch of meth head kids that you gave a.
Speaker 4: Little lot of assuming instead of doing meth or working.
Speaker 5: Come on, people.
Speaker 1: At the car wash.
Speaker 2: One third of the people at the car washer meth heads.
Speaker 1: One third. That's kind of scary, that's kind of you.
Speaker 2: I assume a lot of things because just you got to do this in life. One third of people at every car wash are meth heads.
Speaker 1: And that you got them.
Speaker 2: They got chainsaws with them and stuff.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Is this a good Halloween tradition?
Speaker 2: Let us know, send us your emails, you dispatches, all that good stuff. Meanwhile, this is a scary thought for me. But a lot of you will be absolutely freezing cold tonight in this weekend, a lot of you will be very very cold.
Speaker 1: So excited.
Speaker 2: Widespread freeze warnings across the central and eastern United States of America in the month of October. You got temps as low as twenty five degrees in some areas, going to be very cold in Illinois where they got those stupid spooky car washes, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin all under freeze warnings. The first cold snap, the big one about ten states, two hundred counties.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: A cold one out there, so we want to make sure that you're being as comfortable and careful and all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Don't freeze on us. I do not want that to happen to you.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think or if that's in your area, and send us a dispatcher or email to tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. D Will emails the show tips at the news Junkie dot com. D Will says the four star Admiral Commander of US Southern Command, the guy in charge of all military services in the Southern Hemisphere, resigned two or three weeks ago over the drug boat attacks. Rumors are he felt there wasn't enough intelligence to confirm if the boats were carrying drugs and why the US just doesn't capture the boats.
Speaker 1: I guess is what d Will is trying.
Speaker 2: To say that is true that the admiral commander did resign recently. I don't believe, and please do follow up if I'm wrong here.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to be wrong. I'm not that much, but I'm willing to be wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't believe he said anything about that his resignation was related to the drug boat attacks. I don't think that that was anywhere sourced. I don't believe he made mention of it at all. I think he said like, the people are doing good work, et cetera, et cetera. I'll try to bring that up, but if you have additional info, hit me up tips Atthews Junkie dot com. Chris says they did one of these last year at a car wash in Ormond Beach. Not sure if they're doing it this year as well. Now, Chris and everybody else, let me remind you something. I am not saying that this is a bad business idea. It's a smart business idea. If you tell your kids, hey, well here's we're going.
Speaker 1: To do tonight.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go to dinner and I got a surprise on the way and you pull into the spooky car wash, your kids are.
Speaker 1: Gonna love it.
Speaker 2: It'd be fun in the place, will make a whole bunch of money, and everybody will be happy.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: But as far as like Halloween tradition, I don't like it. I don't want it to be at a car wash, and don't call me an old curmudgeon over on chat.
Speaker 1: I'm not turning into.
Speaker 2: Jeane, an old curmudgeon. I just have my ways are old. No, then, I've been old of celebrating these holidays, and Halloween is good without car.
Speaker 1: Washes getting involved.
Speaker 2: But you're free to state your claims and points over on the news junkie dot com. All right, let's see what we got here. Here is a squilly talking about haunted houses.
Speaker 1: All right, swilly, Hey everybody. Hey today, you John, if you want to go to a haunted house.
Speaker 9: That's fully immersive, a complete change of environment that it's going to give you the scare of a lifetime, let's go to a butterfly house.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: That is a little frightening to think about it. I don't like butterfly house. Just for the record, if we're around here, I don't like that the butterflies land on you. I don't like your like. I don't like things. Yeah, I don't like things flying over had and dive bombing me.
Speaker 1: They have in New Orleans, and I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big fan of like a bunch of bugs all at once, butterflies are really cute. But if you had fifteen thousand on you not fun not cool, not great. I will deal with one cockroach, no problem. Yeah, board of them, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Not one could be kind of funny. Actually, Courtney Courtney sent me this text that she said, this is the scariest car wash ever from the legendary and well, I mean difficult to watch movie The Greasy Strangler, The car Wash and the Greasy Strangler. If you, for the five of you have seen it, that's the most frightening car wash you might find out that God, that's.
Speaker 4: What looks like with his clothes off.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. I don't have that much gray hair. Some of the rest of it might be accurate. But well, one more person wants to chime into the car washing thing, and then we'll move on past that.
Speaker 1: Here is Fatty Maddie.
Speaker 11: No, if you need a spooky car wash, you need to have your hire slash, you need to have your windows bashed in, you need to have your ass dragged out in the middle of the car wash soapy, and then just stick you under the giant blower while the tires eyes just tearing out your ankles. Now, that's a spooky car wash.
Speaker 1: You need help. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's disturbing, sir, That is disturbing, Fatty Maddie. I don't want any of that to happen to me. I just want some good spooks and dukes. That's all I'm looking for out there on Halloween. Let us know what you're looking for, as long as it's not creepy, like some dispatches can be from time to time. Send your dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com. All right, quick break. When we come back, we'll hear from you. We've got a ton of stuff to get into today. We got the next episode on the horizon here. We're celebrating Friday, we're celebrating the weekend. We're getting ready for the roast, and it's all coming up next in the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: We'll get to your dispatches and your emails in a moment.
Speaker 2: One of my ongoing theories I often talk about on the show is how everybody's mad at dumb stuff. People are mad a lot of times at fake stuff. There's so much fake stuff that people get mad about, and I watch people just lose their minds. One of the things I saw this week that was floating around out there was that the Bad Bunny super Bowl halftime show had been canceled, and there were people like, this is ridiculous English, it's not real, it's not true, it didn't happen. It was the other side of the people that were like melting down. It was fake. It was completely fake news. As there was just a sea of this stuff out there, which is maybe why there's more of you demanding that I do something that kind of highlights these stories that are all fake. I feel like it's spitting on a fire or spitting.
Speaker 1: In a volcano.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I do just see like an unbelievable fountain of fake stories every single day, or I see people getting mad about things that just aren't worth your exasperation.
Speaker 1: Your life is to be cherished. You should take.
Speaker 2: Every moment that you have every day that you get to wake up and go do stuff, and you should enjoy it. You should try to be as happy as you can, enjoy as much stuff as you can and not get bogged down and stuff where people are just trying to make you angry today And the thing of the moment is the people who are losing it and reading and melting down about the White House renovation stuff. And and I look at that, and I go, it's privately paid for. Right, We've got the funders who are coming forward saying, yep, you know these corporations are going to pay for this.
Speaker 1: It's a huge addition to the White House.
Speaker 2: So you know, our White House gets a little bit bigger and hopefully a little bit more useful for not just the current president, but any presidents that come after. And mind you, even though I've seen a lot of really stupid tweets about this, like it will be incumbent on the next president to knock this down and strain, and it's like that ain't never happening. Nobody's gonna do it. In fact, they're all gonna use it. They're gonna use the big ballroom that was paid for by private donors unless there's some huge scandal that they're just gonna use it. It's what's gonna happen when this is all done and over it. But people get upset about these things. Then I see things and I'm like, wow, that seems bad, And nobody gets upset.
Speaker 1: Nobody gets upset.
Speaker 2: Trump pardons the Finder of Binance, the guy the billionaire dude, this Chinese dude, and he overturns this conviction or like pardons him and gets him out of prison. He pleaded guilty in twenty twenty three at money laundering. He's obviously a corrupt individual. He was part of the big corrupt crypto world. People lost billions as a resis of what happened at Binance.
Speaker 1: But it's funny, you know this happens.
Speaker 2: And the most beautiful part of it is when they asked Trump about partning the the finance billionaire guy, They go, why did you pardon Chang pins out? And He's like, people were asking me to, Uh, yeah, I don't know that he I don't know. If you said, tell me what this guy did, he I don't know. People were asking me to. And he says, I pardoned lots of people, and it felt like there were some people who wanted this guy freed. But because nobody actually knows what's happening, they don't understand crypto, they don't understand this whole process. People will get mad about a renovation instead of this, And like, to me, the least I would require is that you know everybody that you pardon.
Speaker 1: This reminds me when when Biden.
Speaker 2: Pardoned like a whole bunch of people for uh, I think it was for like marijuana offenses. And they didn't like thoroughly check all of the people that.
Speaker 1: Will be pardoned.
Speaker 2: And one of the people that was pardon was like a really bad dude, like a really bad murderer, and they accidentally pardon this person. And it's because they didn't thoroughly go over this. And Trump just has no idea, he doesn't he doesn't even know, and nobody really cares. Kevin says, pardon the Tiger King. Then I mean, maybe he's been begging for it. But here's what happened when they asked him like he's like people were asking the.
Speaker 14: Founder of Binance, can you explain why you chose to pardon him?
Speaker 1: And did have anything to do with his involvement in your family?
Speaker 15: The founder of Binance, he has an involvement in Europe.
Speaker 13: I believe we're talking about the same because I do partner a lot of people I don't know even be partnered by a lot of people. A lot of people say that, are you talking about the crypto person?
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: Trump doesn't even know his name, He has no idea what this guy's name is. If you gave him three options and you're like Chang bangs out, Jing Jong Dang, and Ding Dong.
Speaker 1: Ding, he maybe he'd be able to work it out way to something wrong. He would have no idea.
Speaker 13: He wasn't guilty of anything. He served four months in jail and they say that he was not guilty of anything, that what he did, well, you don't know much about crypto, you know nothing about you know nothing fake news.
Speaker 5: And there you go.
Speaker 2: The problem is he has no idea why he freed this guy. People were asking about it, and and then this guy who's like, you know, corrupt SPF, the Sam Bankman freed guy.
Speaker 1: He'd be next. They don't know.
Speaker 2: And these are legitimately like corrupt people in the finance world who utilize people's lack of understanding about cryptocurrency to sham and scam many people out of their money, out of their money that they were investing into something that they thought would pay off.
Speaker 1: In huge dividends. And that sucks.
Speaker 2: And so I so often see all these people mad about things that are dumb and then don't care at all about things where I'm like, well, this seems bad this is like a bad thing here, nothing.
Speaker 1: No attention to it in the slightest. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Let us know, Send us a dispatch over at thenewschunki dot com.
Speaker 1: I look forward to hearing from you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, a lot of people were talking about this, this renovation at the White House, very very upset about that. And one of the things was, I guess I was not aware of this until I saw some of the mockups. The ballroom that they're adding on at the White House is actually way bigger than the rest of the White House. It's it's like like ninety thousand square feet. I think the White House is about Josh check White House square footage.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're going to tell the whole thing. They're going to tell you the whole thing. I think the main.
Speaker 2: Section of the White House is like fifty five zero thousand square feet, which is huge.
Speaker 5: You're adding what ninety thousand.
Speaker 2: Ninety thousand, Oh yeah, what's added on for this ballroom?
Speaker 9: The main building is fifty five thousand square feet all.
Speaker 2: Right, So fifty five thousand square feet for this this big ballroom that they're adding on that can hold a whole bunch of people, is going to be like twice almost as big as the main section of the White House. So that's why I guess this is supposed to take so long.
Speaker 1: And they were this.
Speaker 2: The coverage of this was non stop. Nobody's covering the crypto dude, pardon and this just.
Speaker 16: Is this morning, historic one hundred and twenty year old east wing of the White House reduced to rubble. Satellite images showed the dramatic transformation from less than one month ago to now. Along with the building, at least half trees have been taken down, including two Magnolias.
Speaker 1: Con THEEMP six trees. No, two Magnolias.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: And they're like, behind the scenes, there's crypto criminals just being freed running out of the streets, but there's none of the Magnoli.
Speaker 16: Read it to Presidents Warren Harding and Franklin Roosevelt, all to make room for President Trump's ninety thousand square foot ballroom. This rendering shows how the ballroom will look when much larger than the White House.
Speaker 1: Residents, I think there'll be nothing like it.
Speaker 16: ABC News have learned the White House has required some construction workers to sign non disclosure agreements, officials calling its standard practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course it's so stupid.
Speaker 2: ABC has uncovered the workers have signed NDAs. Oh you mean the workers who are working on an incredibly secure.
Speaker 1: Area the White House.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, of course, like this is they've got teams on this, They've got people out there.
Speaker 1: It's like a ridiculous waste of time and energy.
Speaker 2: If they need a ballroom at the White House, if there's people corporate millionaires and billionaires who are willing to pay for it, then fine. Every other president will get to utilize this and enjoy it, and our White House gets bigger. And the case that the whole country just files for bankruptcy because every one of these corrupt politicians continues to spend into oblivion, then at least we could sell the White House and we have more square footage.
Speaker 1: Are we signing it to Saudi?
Speaker 2: Probably Saudi Arabia. We'll turn it into a uh what's the Halloween source spirit?
Speaker 1: Halloween? I don't know how much.
Speaker 4: Just livable spaces, all studio apartments. That's like a lot. Do you think about unfettered? Says Sean.
Speaker 2: If you ask Trump about the crypto guy, he would have said you were fake news. Also, probably that's that's the point, but more people trust me, have asked about the White House renovation, which the normal person does not care about.
Speaker 1: They're like, look at this before and after.
Speaker 2: It's like, yes, that's how renovation works. That is what happens when you do work on a building. The building is now so sacred that you should never do anything about it or knock it down. Go outside, please touch the grass, jump rope. I don't know what you gotta do. Go fishing, do something. Celebrate that your life is a beautiful thing. It's fantastic. Your life is great. I promise you it's not nearly as bad as you think it is. There's people out there dealing with all sorts to stuff.
Speaker 1: I'll give you an example.
Speaker 2: This is for everybody over on YouTube, because you should be there. YouTube dot com, Slash the news junkie. I'll put this up on see it now too, so you can see it afterwards. I love the caption of this. This person was driving along and it says, bro thought I was the third tower.
Speaker 4: All right, you.
Speaker 2: Think you're ripping your hair out because they're doing renovations at the White House. Bro thought I was the third tower. Cruising down the street, here you go in my six four Ready cruising on down the road.
Speaker 1: And then oh my god, plane.
Speaker 2: Cuts completely across the road, just narrowly by maybe feet, just missing this car in Oklahoma City. It is one of the closer calls I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: This funny a field to do that elsewhere.
Speaker 2: This was an emergency landing by this plane, and it was about as close a call as I've seen in a long time. I'll put this up as we go to break here in the see It Now section of the news Junkie app perfect.
Speaker 1: Pause for the screenshot right there. Excellent work, if I do say so myself.
Speaker 2: Heiled it and we will now hear what's coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 5: I am so glad that you asked what's coming new?
Speaker 4: Called oud, Kim Kardashian is set to reveal a shocking diagnosis called trying to Stay relevant neosis. Britney Spears is reportedly spiraling, and this time with no slight crowd reveal or knives or plus. It stinks to have a failed movie, but God does it sting even more not being able to tell the time, because you have to have an auction to make up for all that debt, all that so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 2: And that is coming up next on the News Chunkie. Hello to our podcast friends, Hello, Hello, Hello. We appreciate you, thank you for being on board, and as always, you are welcome to join in too. It's not just for the folks who are listening live who get to join us with dispatches and whatnot. It's you know, it's for everybody. Somebody says about the ballroom at the White House, three hundred million dollars. By the way, let me pause you there, Taylor. At three hundred million dollars, it doesn't seem we've perfectly landed on what the cost is going to be, because the first thing I heard was I think two hundred million, and then it went up a little bit and then went up a little bit. So I don't even know if there's like a firm number on what this is going to cost. But he says three hundred million for ninety thousand square feet. That's three three hundred and thirty three dollars. Look how that worked. Now per square foot for a remodel, two hundred and fifty dollars per square foot is high. One thousand dollars is unheard of. But this is just crazy. All the prices may be out of this world. I don't know that's a worthwhile thing to fight about. But then again, it's still just private money. I don't care if the corporate raiders who want to spend their money on this, who are trying to kiss up to president's past, president future, I don't really care if they want to throw their money at this. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't really bother me. I care about taxpayer dollars. That's what I care about. They should try not to get ripped off.
Speaker 1: But that ain't on me. All right, let's get into it here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's do the next step episode.
Speaker 1: For REO. Yeah, system shut down has occurred. Because there's a lot on TV.
Speaker 3: You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else.
Speaker 1: Are you going to talk about? Welcome to the Spooky car wall.
Speaker 2: ESSI car for real dirty, come into the spooky.
Speaker 1: Tunnel, and then I go into the tunnel and I'm like nothing.
Speaker 2: Weather's nice time for the episode with Sabrina smoke.
Speaker 4: Hold hold up is right? The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guy Don That mortgage guy Don Debt come.
Speaker 5: That's his website.
Speaker 4: And also big shout out to that mortgage guy Don for being a sponsor of the upcoming spook.
Speaker 5: But you know it's not spooky.
Speaker 4: His hard work and his intelligence and how good he is when it comes to refinancing and buying a first ring home, deconsolidation, he locks reverse mortgages.
Speaker 5: And everything in between. A partridge in a pear tree too soon.
Speaker 4: Just start the process today with someone who's got your back, and that's that mortgage guy Don to miss the dot com forty seven years ago, nineteen seventy eight. The lead singer of this group right here, Oh god, damn it. Not lead singer now, he's the only other famous guy from this band Rdier.
Speaker 1: So Mick Jagger, the other one Keith Richards.
Speaker 5: That is correct, two points special when.
Speaker 1: He knows it's Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts dead. Oh Charlie Watts, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I think dead. Is it just three of them?
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, there's like one more guy. There's only two stones in my book, and one of.
Speaker 4: Those stones on this day was convicted in Canada of heroin possession, or as the nineties called it, black tar h for which he received get ready for it, one year suspended sentence and was ordered to play a charity concert for the blind.
Speaker 2: That's weird that they do those kind of punishments.
Speaker 4: Fully nude, and still got his sentence taken care of.
Speaker 1: Biggure.
Speaker 5: Oh blind joke, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, they I mean some of them can see you know, you know people.
Speaker 5: I thought the whole point of being called blind.
Speaker 2: In there's very few people. This is a common misconception. There are very few people who are so blind that they literally can't see anything. Most blind people can see something all right, like.
Speaker 5: This lights and stuff like that, like that right there. Yeah, you see what you mean? Or like you're opening your eyes in a fully chlorined pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you can't drive, but you can you notice that there's somebody in the room with you.
Speaker 4: Mister got all the answers up about those. Thirty six years ago, nineteen eighty nine, Reverend Jim Baker Yeah, was sentenced in uh two rather forty five years in prison and find five hundred one thousand dollars for his conviction of twenty four counts of fraud and conspiracy. Yeah darn all stemming from PTL praise.
Speaker 5: The Lord Ministry.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, nineteen ninety one, and appeals court reduced the sentence eighteen years, but in nineteen ninety four he was paroled after serving just five years in prison. When confronted about the missing one hundred and fifty eight million dollars, he claimed that whom stole, ohither Jesus or Terry.
Speaker 1: Fa No, no way, no way would he blame Jesus. He's never going to blame Jesus through Fay in there, Timmy Fay. No, the devil Satan, to be exact, no way. I didn't even think of that until you said.
Speaker 4: Jesus though, claim that Satan had gotten into his ministry's computers and that's what made all the money lost. When asked by a Great Order if he could prove Satan sold the money, he replied, and I quote, can you prove he didn't?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point, Mike.
Speaker 2: This is the same thing Josh did when his browser history was leaked.
Speaker 1: It was like it's Satan himself.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of step mom.
Speaker 2: M A shocking amount, a like stunning amount of it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Sometimes you just type milk and you can click on what comes up.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't understand can just you be a lady.
Speaker 4: You'd like to freak being a mom. This is so crazy, guys, but Kim Kardashian is not. Okay, almost almost died.
Speaker 5: Kind of shocking reports.
Speaker 4: She has set to reveal, and it depends on when you listen to it. She might have already revealed on the season premiere of The Kardashians that.
Speaker 5: She had a little aneurism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a little aneurysm, all thanks to Kanye and the stress that came from that and the divorce and his erratic behavior.
Speaker 1: I'll be real.
Speaker 2: I also had a little aneurysm during some of the Kanye I have.
Speaker 5: A little aneurysm every quarter. That's a little one. People think that I'm sorry I'm doing Kim. People think that I have the luxury of walking away. I'm happy it's over.
Speaker 1: Oh pretty good.
Speaker 5: My ex will be in my life no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got kids together.
Speaker 5: And Kardashian so enjoyed to see her daughter.
Speaker 1: You see that those photos of her.
Speaker 5: Daughter, Yeah, that's fake tattoos on it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if it was realized, Like she's got some tattoos on her face, and it looked like things were going south.
Speaker 1: But if it's fake, then yeah, it's no big deal.
Speaker 5: But also imagine being northwest.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, like, no, it's not northwest. Northwest is the cool one, isn't she?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's on the tattoos on her face.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought was a different Kanye, Thank you daughter. It's south by southwest.
Speaker 5: Britney Spears. She's also totally chill.
Speaker 1: No, no, it is northwest.
Speaker 2: It is northwest, yes, twelve year old, Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Britney Spears has reportedly been spiraling, and not in the fun way where she's been running her living room and drives a little bit of crotch, but instead just like mentally spiraling. Since Kafed released his memoir. She was seen driving a radically Wednesday night, no word on, a baby on lap, swerving onto the other side of the road and tailgating other cars. I will say in her defense, is that a reflection of spiraling?
Speaker 5: Or you got a place to go?
Speaker 1: Little little little question.
Speaker 5: That's a little one shown.
Speaker 1: Britney Spears is allowed to drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seems to me like that's where we should start, all right, neighborhood.
Speaker 4: If ninety year olds that are allowed to drive and you could see that they have no idea where they are.
Speaker 5: Then Britney Spears can drive.
Speaker 2: At what point is that? Do you want the ninety year olds to be driving? I don't want them to be driving. I don't want the Britney to be driving either. I think seems bad.
Speaker 4: So yeah, kafed making a whole bunch of money and Britney Spears is just going in circles.
Speaker 5: Uh geez, time flies when you're having fun.
Speaker 4: And who's not having fun is Francis Ford Copela.
Speaker 5: Yeah, either of you end up watching coopol it.
Speaker 9: Ro No no, I just forgot he was still alive. Honestly, Wow, So.
Speaker 5: You did not watch.
Speaker 4: And so many people did not watch it that he now has to sell watches.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: He spent a lot of his own money on Megalopolis, and that movie flopped about as hard as a movie can flop.
Speaker 4: On the mega Flopolis I believe was the go to. He's eighty six years old. He has spent over one hundred million making they're calling it epics, still sci fi film. It was released in twenty twenty four mixed reviews and got a whopping over fourteen million dollars. So there's a lot to make up for in the red is what they call it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah this deep Red Way territory, slippery red. Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And one of the highlights of his now mountain of debt is he's going to be selling his personal watches through Phillips, an auction site specializing and watches art and Hollywood people who need to make up for failed movies.
Speaker 1: He is going to be selling.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about watches. I almost said, I don't know about watches, do you?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: Only Here's the only thing I knows that people do spend astronomical amounts.
Speaker 5: On right back is that a watch was face on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, this this is one of the Francis for a couple of watches.
Speaker 1: Tell the time on that it's.
Speaker 2: Got a band on it, and then you can see the innards of the watch and it it has a leather band.
Speaker 1: It's like a leather band watch. Isn't usually a nice one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a blank pain minute repeater.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that one.
Speaker 5: I would hope they would repeat those minutes.
Speaker 4: And I w C.
Speaker 1: Grona b l A n C b l A n C blank.
Speaker 5: Pops b l A n C p a.
Speaker 4: I n Okay and a reg wet glassic, each watch estimated to cost three thousand to a cool two hundred and forty thousand dollars. Geez, I'm sorry that watch you just showed on the stream.
Speaker 2: Where a piece of job tell the time?
Speaker 4: It looks like you dropped it and it ran over.
Speaker 1: I could tell the time, I mean even without any numbers on the watch. I could still till the time, but when most people can't.
Speaker 2: This is like a normal thing, but it looks like a piece of junk. It's got a what appears to be some sort of like leatherish or maybe alligator band, and the watch itself looks like it's crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, minus the alligator band. Now, Josh, if you could do the math for me, Sean, if you'd like, by all means, what how many watches Francis Ford Coppolas would it cause to buy the Dawson's Creek House? Oh God, because it's up for sale three point two five million buccaroos?
Speaker 1: I don't remember it? Was it a nice house?
Speaker 5: Ceilane was the one that would answer that question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 5: It comes with the doc though, doc and all.
Speaker 2: When you go back to shows that you watched during your childhood. Is there one where you were like, oh my god, I always wanted to wander around that house.
Speaker 4: I would say probably the full House Family Metal House.
Speaker 1: Yes, the house is in for me.
Speaker 2: And if that full House, it was a beautiful house in San Francisco, so it would have been worth money.
Speaker 1: But I don't know this one.
Speaker 4: Clarissa explains it all. But I only remember her room really in the hats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't show us too much.
Speaker 5: Alex Mack was one that wore the hats.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Yes, it could be yours with the doc three point two five million dollars in Wilmington, North Carolina. You can't buy the house, but you can tour it. And here's the story about that iconic Brady Bunch home, the Brady Bunch.
Speaker 5: Experience coming to what one minute? One minute? Oh thanks so much.
Speaker 1: I didn't know another way to tell you.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I go one minute. What I've already about all the experiences, said John, you know.
Speaker 5: Not on that dumb Francis watch.
Speaker 4: Anyways, you can go there in La November seventh, eighth, and ninth. There no dress code and photos are encouraged, and you could see where Marcia, Marcia and Marsha all over the place, and so many other things on the boob tube. Whatever you want, just have fun, drink water, touch grass, put on a sweater and follow your dream. Send me on Instagram. That's Sabrina and mosambortantly. They with me America.
Speaker 1: Smokey every day. Thank you, Sabrina. When we come back, Josh, Josh, is that's it, that's all. That's it.
Speaker 2: We have a million more things to get into and only so much time to do. Half the show is gone already, and when we come back, I've got a couple of clips to play. We've got some anonymous emails rolling in. People say I've got something to say, but I don't want you to say my name, so I'll do my best not to do that.
Speaker 1: Plus, when we return.
Speaker 2: More information coming out about this gambling scamble in the NBA and Sam scamble. Some of the the the the technology that they were using to rip people off is crazy to me. I'll explain that is coming up next on the News Junkie. We'll get to your dispatches in a moment.
Speaker 1: All you folks on chat right now. Bringing up a couple misses on my part can kiss my ass. Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, and to the person somebody said, I bought paype on your recommendation. Paypey cryptocurrency was not my recommendation. That was see Lane who bought that randomly. And then I said, see Lane bought some of this. I don't want him to hit it big. And then I'm not getting any money out of this either.
Speaker 1: So I bought a little bit too.
Speaker 4: If it's any consolation. Someone else that's not Celan or John told me this same and uh, I mean it was very cheap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was still.
Speaker 5: I mean I have I have never seen it go up again. I've been in the red.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been great. Then somebody else said, uh, they say this over and over. Sean recommended safe Moon. This was in the midst of the crypto explosion and Safe Moon was popping off, and so I put some money in safe book.
Speaker 5: That was a failure on it.
Speaker 1: That was not That was not great. Then I said, though he could be.
Speaker 5: That mean crypto comes back.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. We already got rug pulled. I expect as much. But I I then said, and this was not super long ago. This was this year. I said, Hey, here's what you should do. You should invest in iheartstock.
Speaker 2: And I said, not because I am some sort of massive company man, because I think, I said, iHeart Stock at the time had fallen below a dollar. And I said, does the company have debt suore debt problems? Yes, well, the company also has enough assets that the stock share price should be more than a dollar. I said, it just doesn't financially make sense.
Speaker 1: How's that doing? Great?
Speaker 2: If anybody fought through with me when I said around eighty cents or whatever the low was, when anybody said, all right, fine, all listen.
Speaker 4: You're talking about them right now. The day you talked about it, I bought sixty nine chares.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: That was around ninety five cents at that time, and it is up to three dollars and thirty eight cents. It was up to three fifty at one point. It is up to fifty two week highs. I heart radio. Baby, let's just game stop this thing. Let's ramp it to the top. Okay, yeah that sounds bad. Just pump, yeah, just pump, keep pumping.
Speaker 5: Start out. Anyone have an AMD stock?
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: While you're rich.
Speaker 4: Now I'm about to buy everyone a stake then oh, oh okay, and apparently I can't take it out and I have to wait and see. But I am very well an AMD whatever that is.
Speaker 1: How long have you had the stock for?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Great question, because that has had a very good year.
Speaker 2: AMD stock was in the in the nineties, the mid nineties, ninety four dollars a share. It's currently two hundred and fifty one dollars a year.
Speaker 5: September eleventh. Is that rude?
Speaker 11: That is?
Speaker 1: But still fair?
Speaker 2: Even even on September eleventh it was in March. It's gone up one hundred points over that.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: The stock market is alive and well despite all the things going on, the things that you're complaining about, the things you're not complaining about. The dows up at forty seven thousand points of almost five hundred on the day today, in this very moment, What a time to be alive. Everybody invests, but do it in a smart way, because let me go, so let's go, baby. Let me make something absolutely clear. I am not what you'd call a financial expert, way all right, but I was right about the iheartstock because iHeart has like real estate and you know, various assets.
Speaker 5: That would make it wrong about Pepe and Moonshine or whatever.
Speaker 2: Save Moon, Save Moon, I did well for a bit. A lot of people made money off of Save Moon. They were mostly the founders paying them back right now, Robin sends an email tips at the news Junkie, Do hey, news junkie, do we really know that the ballroom at the White House is being personally funded? Show me the money, love the news Junkie says Robin. This is like the new thing where it's just such a frustrating world to kind of exist in in the information space where you'll say, well, this White House expansion, while it's going to be expensive, it's funded by corporations and private funders. And then they'll release the list of all these people and then there's like released a specific amount of money that all these people are paying.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, at some point.
Speaker 2: Because there's no evidence of impropriety, it's just like everything is bad from the Trump guy, So like I'll just poke away at this until I find the thing that's bad, and it's like, okay, well, imagine for a second.
Speaker 1: That could because you have no evidence to combat this.
Speaker 2: Imagine for a second that everything that's happening with construction in the White House is funded by these millionaires and billionaires in private investors. If that, because that's what has been said so far. They've released the name, not one person on that list of names and said, no, I am not funding this White House expansion. There is zero evidence to suggest that this is like somehow a scam or whatever. The rest is a conspiracy, right, that is a conspiracy, so you have any evidence to support it whatsoever.
Speaker 1: It's not even a good conspiracy.
Speaker 5: They're not giving us the evidence. Give us the evidence.
Speaker 1: They literally did.
Speaker 2: They literally they released the list of funders. You can't show the numbers because they don't even know how much the thing is gonna cost. Yet they they have gone from two hundred to two fifty to I have seen all kinds of numbers on what this whole.
Speaker 4: Renovations go yes very much so that one number.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes. Renovations generally do spiral out of control, so I wouldn't even know if the end is nigh on this one price wise.
Speaker 2: But the strategy is like, well, you're saying this could be a good thing, but for me, literally everything must be a bad thing, So let me try to find the bad thing and Robin, I'm not saying that you're suggesting that, but there are a lot of people who that's where their brains go, that's where that's where things go. No evidence, I have no evidence to to to suggest that this is happening. But what about this thing that's that's just a conspiracy.
Speaker 4: Saying it's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm curious as to why it's a thing. What like why we're doing this right now?
Speaker 5: What's the do we need to do?
Speaker 2: Because apparently the White House has a very embarrassing ballroom and a bunch of rich people are willing to pay for that ballroom to be fancier, and our White House.
Speaker 1: Probably could use some upgrades like.
Speaker 4: Everywhere.
Speaker 2: The last major upgrades were pushed through and approved before the Obama administration and then happened like during the Obama administration. But it was one of those upgrades that always makes me mad as a human being, because wile needed and they did like a nut a nuts and bolts kind of thing, like the piping coming into the White House, the electrical coming into the White House. All this stuff was insanely old and it all costs a lot of money. They got to dig up all this stuff and they got to do all this work and then in the end everything kind of looks the same.
Speaker 1: But you needed to do that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like it's like if somebody is going to get work done in their house that costs two hundred thousand dollars, but then you don't get like another cool room or there's not like you don't get like a movie theater to show it.
Speaker 5: You just fix the foundation so you don't have a hole while you're sleeping.
Speaker 2: Oh. My old example of this would be Josh because he had like some he had septic work done in the backyard.
Speaker 1: You're just about to mention that, yeah for something I can't even see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you paid ten grand, and it's like something good happens your your house will be better and more valuable as a result, more stable. But there's no shiny cool thing that you could play with afterwards. This will probably because.
Speaker 5: It plays with his backyard all the time.
Speaker 2: And I stand by a billion percent that anybody else says, oh, the next president will knock this down. That is brain dead, brain dead thinking. So there's plenty of things to be angry about. I just don't see the point on this whole ballroom fiasco. But you know, feel free to disagree while we talk about some sports here for a second. Because in the world of sports, sports scams were on display and there was a big gambling bust.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of people talking about this. I have to tell you.
Speaker 2: There's something about this guy, the cash Ptel, the dude who runs that.
Speaker 5: He always looks like he just got bit by a zombie.
Speaker 2: He always looks like he's green screened in and he's secretly doing this from the cockpit of an like a fighter jet or something. But look at him, he looks like he's in like there's some gravity pushing each other.
Speaker 4: Okay, but also that he just got bit by a zombie and he has twelve minutes until he turns.
Speaker 1: Right, and he can't tell anybody, you know, like.
Speaker 5: He's so scared all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this look is.
Speaker 2: I don't, but he was talking about he's very worried looking. I'll put this up on see it now that you can see what we're talking about here with this visual. But he was one of the many people involved in this very big boss the.
Speaker 5: Title is he already saw it.
Speaker 1: He's saying it as we.
Speaker 2: Speak, Like, this is what it would look like if you went over to me and said, Sean, two planes just crashed into the World Trade Center. We need you to keep doing this, this this interview on Fox. Don't tell them that America's under attack. Two planes just hit the World Trade Center. Okay, they're coming live to you in four seconds.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, yep, oh, Sean, did you hear Hope Solo's nudes got leaked?
Speaker 2: I shouldn't look at him during the show, should I? Yes, are you doing an interview in two minutes? Look at him before you do the interview, just staring two the man's soul.
Speaker 5: We investigate his bureau.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on here. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: But they busted the bad guys, including all four of the criminal mafiosa gangs that were operating in New York City and elsewhere involved in some of this gambling a goal and also some some very very famous sports people and coaches and players and whatnot. And and from what I hear, there was a lot of people who weren't very surprised at that player that was wrapped up in this, you know, like.
Speaker 5: The main basketball player ankle injury.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, like I guess that guy has had a lot of different things in the past. The uh the Terry Rosier guy who's an MBA player with the Heat but was at the time playing for the Hornets, allegedly let others close to him know that he planned to leave a game early with a supposed injury. Using that information, members of this group he was working with place more than two hundred thousand dollars in wagers on his under statistics. So if you don't know what that means, and that's okay. I know some of this stuff gets complicated in the world of sports betting. Even I know this, and the world of sports betting. Let's say Josh Fowler is about to be sent out for a game against the Miami Heat. That's right, Ladies and gentlemen, coming in at point forwards, Josh fowlers at a thing point forward. Nope, yeah, that is now, and he's playing point forward if that's the thing, And he's up there.
Speaker 1: On that court point forward the whole time. Yeah, and that's all there, and you think Josh is gonna play all game long.
Speaker 2: So people start betting on how many points Josh is gonna score, well, Josh generally scores thirty points, so I think Josh's gonna score thirty two points.
Speaker 1: I think Josh's gonna score twenty eight points.
Speaker 2: However, if Josh tells you I might just get a sprained ankle in the first quarter and stop pointing forward, you go, I'm going to short all of these different options here on this gambling website because I know as well as anybody that Josh is gonna be out of the game.
Speaker 5: Okay, heard, that's what they did.
Speaker 4: But then the example that was given, and granted they did, I guess determined or at least allege hard that it was a fake injury? Did he not average still the same amount of points for that little time.
Speaker 1: That he was But that's so, so let's say Josh is in at that point forward pointing four.
Speaker 4: Can you use another example. I don't see him playing basketball, all right, it's.
Speaker 1: All Shack is playing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Shack rule Shack on average meaning you know, generally speaking these games, on average, he scores thirty points, right, And so then they go on the in this game, how many points is Shack could have scored? People go, I think he's gonna score thirty two. I think he's gonna have a great game. He's gonna score a forty. I think he's gonna score low. I think he's gonna score twenty four. But Shack tells you, brother, I'm not gonna score any of those. I'm gonna fake an ankle injury in the first nine minutes and then he goes in there.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you just take the under thirty. You take the under because you.
Speaker 2: Know there's no way he's getting to this number of people are fighting over and they get monies. Depenzil Squeezer says, point forward is a real term, but not an actual position.
Speaker 1: It's a small ford or power forward. I just don't use those terms anymore, likedream or power bottom. I don't use any of those.
Speaker 2: Let's well, let's I do want to see what cash Pttel, the FBI director has to say.
Speaker 1: He seems so weasy down the street.
Speaker 14: You see, by the way, this so wild sports commentator suggested that this was revenge president for all the kind of left wing activism of the NBA.
Speaker 1: Your response to that, fifteen second I'm the FBI director.
Speaker 8: I decide which arrested conduct and which not to conduct. That may be the same dunest thing I've ever heard out of anyone in modern history. And I live most of my time in Washington, d C. It's right up there with Adam Shift. We arrest people for crimes.
Speaker 1: Got him, Got him. Now he's back to his scared face, though he only smiled just.
Speaker 5: Briefly, like behind the camera.
Speaker 4: There is a gun to us heat.
Speaker 1: There is something bigger going on.
Speaker 2: I can't figure it out because I'm that that's not my territory, but somebody needs to I think.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: They said that in the process of all these gambling things, and there was basically two things going on, a sports gambling thing where people were cheating with inside info kind of like insider trading and sports gambling, if you will. And the secondary thing was these poker games and or card games, and they would play these card games and the mafia was leading this and they would get these big dollar you know, whales, big fish to come in and gamble money on these private, off the books card games, and they would they would encourage them and entice them in by going, hey, there'll be NBA players there, there'll be professional athletes there, there'll be celebrities there. You could be like Ben Affleck and you could be playing cards with the celebrities out there, and so they go, oh, that sounds cool.
Speaker 1: I want to do that.
Speaker 2: They didn't know when they got in the room what was really going on, and that was they were the only people who weren't in on it. The dealers were in on it, the other players were in on it, the celebrities were in on it. The only people who weren't in on it were the rich people, the big fish who they were scamming.
Speaker 1: And oh, man, I wonder if I can. I'm gonna try to bring.
Speaker 2: This up because somebody had showed the technology, like these glasses that they were using, and they said, the players here, it is right here.
Speaker 1: Okay, these are the glasses.
Speaker 2: That people would use Chauncey Billups and Damon Jones would use to rig these poker games. So that they show the glasses right, and they just look like regular glasses and they're looking at cards.
Speaker 1: You put them on.
Speaker 2: And you could see ink. You could see ink on the back of the cards immediately, and if the glasses aren't on, you can't see anything.
Speaker 1: Scuba microphone it does, but it's crazy.
Speaker 2: You could see what kind of cars that they didn't know these people were being taken advantage of and robbed in this whole thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you saw the press conference, but whoever, it was like, it wasn't tens of dollars, It wasn't hundreds of dollars.
Speaker 5: It wasn't And then he went kept going, oh, it took away too much time.
Speaker 4: It wasn't tens of thousands or hundreds of tens of thousands, And two minutes later he finally said it was in the multimillion dollars.
Speaker 2: Tens of millions. Yep, tens of millions of dollars in this whole thing. Give us your thoughts on that as well. And I see Lebron James his name being thrown in on this. Just for the record, Lebron James wasn't involved on the scammy side.
Speaker 1: Damon Jones they say was affiliated with the Lakers.
Speaker 2: The Lakers, No, no, no, Damon Jones, who player for the Lakers at the time. He knew that Lebron James was injured and so he was using his inside information. But Lebron James isn't directly tied to any of the scammy stuff as best I can tell.
Speaker 1: Just yet.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we hear from you, that's your time to shine, baby. We'll see what you have to say. We've got some crazy AI news to work in as well. Then we've got jury duty coming up. We got a lot more on the way on a busy Friday. It's coming up next in the news junkie. I have a big question for you here, and I think we're gonna have lots of different answers on what's going on, but this boils down to are the kids okay?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: The center point of what I'm about to ask you are the kids okay? And to get into this, we need to sort of bring our back ourselves back in time a little bit.
Speaker 1: We need to bring ourselves back to a point.
Speaker 2: In time where you were in senior year in high school, twelfth grade. Getting in the time machine, We're going back to twelfth grade.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, everybody, one of us is speaking. Lights are losing by okay, welcome back.
Speaker 5: Slightly drunk, your weird haircut.
Speaker 2: We're in twelfth grade, and now I ask of you a couple of questions. All right, in twelfth grade, you're in high school and senior year. Had you at that point, Sabrina tried alcohol as you tried alcohol ever in your life? Yes, yes, Josh, yes, yes from me too, and yes from probably everybody in chat. Is what I'm gonna gett you're drinking. Yeah, but a lot of people, did you know a lot of them? Sean says, we were drinking forties of oe and tenth grade. All right, we thought we were gangster.
Speaker 11: You were.
Speaker 5: You were sharing amongst seven people, one forty.
Speaker 2: People in twelfth grade. Drinking was pretty common at the time. What about this in twelfth grade, i'd senior year of high school, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Did you have your driver's license?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you have you had your driver's lecens What about you? Josh? Oh, yeah, okay, you both had your driver's lecense. I didn't. I didn't get mine until I was eighteen, so I was actually.
Speaker 5: Out of high school after driving a car illegally.
Speaker 11: I was not.
Speaker 2: But you know, you have to get your license and have it for six months and your learners permit and all that stuff. I waited for so long that I was like, I'll just wait till I'm eighteen and I'll get them both on the same day, and uh, and I did it that way.
Speaker 1: Next question, did.
Speaker 2: You have a job where you got paid when you were a senior in high school?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, we were senior.
Speaker 5: My job was when I was fourteen, fourteen or fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were working, you were earning money, you had, you were bringing in revenue from a job.
Speaker 1: What about you, Josh, senior year of high school. I got mine like the month after I graduated.
Speaker 5: So the answer is no.
Speaker 1: I was trying to make myself sound better.
Speaker 2: Uh, senior year of high school. And I'll get to the point here momentarily, I promise senior year of high school?
Speaker 1: Did you had you had sex at that point in time?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's none of your business. No, I did not.
Speaker 4: No, I lost my mom.
Speaker 5: Okay, whatever, it's not the other stuff.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and heterosexual sex until later on.
Speaker 1: It's not a competition and the slightest. But Josh, did you add you had sex by that point senior year high school? Obviously? Yeah? Clearly, me too. I mean definitely the cool people had most of it.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 5: I don't have a job, and didn't you didn't drive, Sean.
Speaker 2: So I think it went I think it goes without saying that all of us had dated somebody or I had a date right, had gone on a date at that point.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 2: Here's the reason I asked, look at this chart. This is unbelievable. I'll explain it for everybody listening. This is teenagers over the years, where in the nineteen seventies and eighties, eighty to ninety percent of them had their driver's license, of eighty percent of them had tried alcohol, seventy five percent of them had a job at the point, and we're getting paid in some.
Speaker 1: Not surprising sean, Well, hold on, hold on, let me get there, and all of these things over the years, the vast majority of seniors in high school had done those things. Tried alcohol, had their driver's license, had a job that paid them, had sex, or had gone on a date. Now here are the numbers.
Speaker 2: And this is according to a couple of different studies, like the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System. Okay, but tried alcohol is down to fifty four percent of high school seniors say that they have tried alcohol, have their driver's license is down to forty eight percent of high school seniors ever gone on a.
Speaker 1: Date is down to forty percent. Okay, anymore from eighty five percent to forty percent have they ever gone on a date? Only forty percent.
Speaker 2: Of high school seniors said they ever have gone on a date. So I bring all of this to you to show you that I'm not sure what they're doing, but they aren't doing this stuff. Okay, they're saying that since the seventies, eighties, nineties, early two thousands, all of this has plummeted in high school seniors don't drink, they don't get their driver's license, they don't have jobs, they don't have sex, they don't ever date.
Speaker 1: Are they fun? Here's the question, is this true? And did this decline in all of.
Speaker 2: These activities actually happen or has something changed with the rate of honesty kids are willing to give when asked these questions.
Speaker 1: Do they maybe say, Hey, you know what's going on here?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not admitting to this. I don't know what's private any more. I'm not going to be real with you. I'm not going to tell you the truth. That's the question.
Speaker 4: I mean, in my opinion, and my younger siblings are not that far from my age, but they might as well be like a severe it's a significant difference and how much I shared with my parents growing up, especially in that age group.
Speaker 5: It was all about making sure that was being respectful.
Speaker 4: And I'm not stressing them out and I'm sleeping over at Kelsey's house, but I'm going to the club in Miami.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I was blown away coming home from college and seeing how.
Speaker 4: Much my younger siblings told my parents I've had all included sex and alcohol. Stuff they would do openly smoking weed. I mean, I would never in a million years. I can talk to my mom for hours. If I had just taken one little dube hit, I had to like leave a voicemail. And back in the day, kiddos, we used to be able to call our own voicemail and then press star and then put in your parents' phone number and you could just leave them a voicemail and say your phone wentn't write the voicemail, and I had.
Speaker 5: To pace back and forth because it was so soon that.
Speaker 4: Conduct to them. Now it's like want to hit this mom. It's way different.
Speaker 2: But do you think lacks parenting has made people want to do those things last?
Speaker 5: I think that it's transparency of the generations.
Speaker 2: Well, there's probably two things going together there I mean, they're not going to be transparent if their parents are still just as strict. I think that those probably kind of dovetail with each other.
Speaker 1: But is it that? Is it because there's less pressure.
Speaker 2: To not do these things and parents are like, we just wanted to be honest with you that kids are like, I don't want to do them.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem as crazy or cool anymore. So I don't even want to go out and drink or do these things. Are the kids okay?
Speaker 1: Parents? I want to hear from you, and particular.
Speaker 2: The amount of dating, especially when they go to like eighth or ninth graders. They're not dating. They're not They're off jobs that pay them. They're not dating or said that are right, They're not trying alcohol, they're not doing all of these things. Parents, Is this something you're noticing? Let us know and send us a dispatch at the news Junkie dot com right now. All right, we'll get into those dispatches, your responses, all that good stuff.
Speaker 5: Did you about his stuff?
Speaker 4: You're in the age groom.
Speaker 1: Certain extent? What do you mean I'm the age group?
Speaker 5: I feel like you know he's gen z Is you know?
Speaker 1: Yes, dealing with you gen Z for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did he share all the things that?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, not like we didn't.
Speaker 2: We don't have conversations about his love life like we will tell me about who he's dating and things like that and issues that he's having, and we can have conversations on virtually anything.
Speaker 1: He would tell me if he was drinking or smoke, can wed or He.
Speaker 2: Tells me about all those things, mostly because he knows that I have never gotten mad at him for any of those things. It's not the kind of person I am. And like whatever parenting skills I would display, don't show me doing that. And you know, maybe this says something because we've had that relationship like that.
Speaker 1: Dylan doesn't really drink the nerd. He doesn't really not a drinker.
Speaker 5: They're not drinking now, but they vape so much.
Speaker 1: They vape and they zin, they zin till the day is over.
Speaker 5: Like other drugs that we just waited for one you know, edm concert to do. That's just very lax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they aren't doing this stuff though, according to this, unless you think they're lying. And I'd like to hear if you think that's an angle too, let us know, send a dispatch over the news junky dot com quick break. When we're back, we'll talk about jury duty that is coming up next in the news Junkie. We got jury duty coming up in a bit. I'm not sure if Moses is going to be stopping by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, huge mystery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't know, but definitely if you know he's going to stop by, give me heads up. So I'm gonna make sure everything's set up for him.
Speaker 1: Oh is he legitimately there?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh hey, Moses, Moses Law Firm. Let's hear it from there? He is, mo Yeah, I could see him perfectly. He's over there, just working away once again, not paying attention.
Speaker 17: Motion, trying to find my link to the video thing here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't worry about it. Ninety nine point of these people can't see you. Just hold no, you don't have to you know, you have to hold the lats.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's very blair witch. But I'm getting here right now exactly. Yeah. Oh god, here we go.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about a handful of things with Moses, So let's get into that handful.
Speaker 1: Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 18: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whit your ass your no injury duty with the news junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury duty brought to you body one. The only modo it the Duit Law firm injuries guy.
Speaker 1: Just call Mo.
Speaker 2: He is a great guy and he is ready to fight for you. And you know, I'm not like the FBI guy where he's putting the gun to me or anything. I'm just saying this from the kindness of my heart. I'm telling you that MO is awesome. He'll help you out when you get into.
Speaker 1: An accident and fight those insurance companies. Don't worry about them.
Speaker 2: Another insurance company will be there to help you out and take care of you the right way. When the bad one comes up and starts to want to face off with you, you'll reach out to eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Callmo, or you go to just callmo dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for being a sponsor of the roast gets so roasted all of us.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that's off limits that we can't say about you at the roast?
Speaker 5: Moses?
Speaker 1: Would you say?
Speaker 2: Because I have stuff that's written, but I mean I I also do not plan to go soft if somebody else goes hard Margy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you have like two different things, like because you're the last, you.
Speaker 1: Got soft paper and hard paper.
Speaker 2: I just have different different things I've written down, and I don't have the ability to be like, well, that person didn't really take too many.
Speaker 1: Shots at me, so I'm going to be easy on them.
Speaker 2: I've decided beforehand what level of you know, attack mode.
Speaker 1: I will engage in.
Speaker 4: The in the roast, and then you're definitely going super soft on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah obviously, Yeah, and uh, Antsy Lane and certainly Moses. Just remember Sean, I know you're deep darts secrets. Uh, maybe some, But does a roast? Can I break a turning client privilege?
Speaker 2: Out a roast? I give you permissions like a Venezuelan drug boat. Huh, just just nuke me out of orbit like that.
Speaker 1: Mos. Let's talk about Moses.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the big bust this week of these NBA players. Let's say that somebody gambled on one of these games and now the legitimacy of the game comes into question. Are they risking being sued these different you know, gambling outlets over bets they took on games that might have been wrapped up in this whole NBA scam.
Speaker 17: I mean, potentially there probably will be some lawsuits, but given that they didn't have any direct knowledge, assuming they didn't have any direct knowledge of it, it would probably be hard to implicate them obviously. You know, I guess organized crime sort of involved in this, so there could be some potential lawsuits there, but it's organized crime, so yeah, it's probably more like that.
Speaker 5: That's just prosecution.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everything boils down these days to insider information. Like for instance, I told the very complicated story. I try to stay away from too many of the details of it. But there is a person who is very wealthy, very knowledgeable about cryptocurrency who just moments before Trump had an event where he was going to announce tariffs on China, shorted bitcoin.
Speaker 1: So it seemed very.
Speaker 2: Obvious that this person knew there was a press conference coming up. They knew the info at the press conference would cause bitcoin to drop in price, so they bet against bitcoin and made money off of bitcoin falling with their insider information about what was going to be said. And now we see that somebody was on polymarket, which is a website we can bet on real world things, like you know, will Sean say this at the roast or will you know not just a sports betting and things not. We're not on there necessarily, but you can bet on these more or real life things. And somebody plays to bet that Trump and they said, it's the same person, the same person who shorted bitcoin bet that Trump was going to pardon the bitcoin guy who ended up pardoning this week from Binance or whatever. I forgot his name, the Chinese bitcoin guy from Binance. And that person clearly knows this stuff. When it comes to insider trading. We know what happens in this stock world. You're not supposed to do that, even though a lot of people do it. But what about these other worlds where people maybe they have inside information and they bet on a basketball game.
Speaker 1: Is that technically breaking the law? So I think it depends on the situation.
Speaker 17: Now, obviously, the stock market's very different because it's regulated by the SEC, and there's been pushes for cryptocurrency to be regulated as well. But anytime you're manipulating a market, I think you're prone to potential criminal prosecution. So whether it's a gambling market where you're potentially manipulate the market based on insider information or cryptocurrency. I think if you're acting on something that's not publicly available, you may be at the risk of potential prosecution or criminal charges.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it could be something that you'd be facing. BS on YouTube says games aren't being rigged and nothing at all suggested it. Reading is fundamental, fundamental ffs know your topics.
Speaker 1: Absolutely one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: Games are being rigged on. The poker games in particular, were obviously rigged. According to what the FED said at this press conference this week, Not only were the poker games rigged, they said they were using X ray machines built into the tables to read the cards, contact lenses and glasses that read pre marked cards, secret cameras in the card trays, and various other tactics to cheat on these games.
Speaker 4: In the poke games get caught. Wow wild to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if there was some sort of insider or niched or yeah, picked up by the FBI. Yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 4: Putting down that much money as a player and a very rich person. Is that not something ye like double check on. I don't know, I've only seen this kind of stuff in the movies.
Speaker 1: But if you're putting.
Speaker 4: Down if it's a you know, uh, you know for sure you're gonna be five hundred thousand dollars at some point.
Speaker 2: You have to remember that there's a level of fear baked in here, Sabrina where you're like at a off the record gambling place.
Speaker 1: You're not in a casino, but.
Speaker 4: If you're off the records can still be involved.
Speaker 17: Or some of these though legitimate, like they were gambling through a casino, but they were like, wasn't one of them he walked off the court and there was like a prop bet or something on that he left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, some of them, Yes, some of them were prop bets, and yeah, absolutely some of them were actual legitimate games.
Speaker 1: That this is two things.
Speaker 2: One happened with organized crime and the four you know, organized uh crime families, and the other one happened in the the world of the NBA. And there's allegations that Terry Rosier and Chauncey Billips may have actually used information and allowed people to cheat based on that information, and others in the NBA did this and may have even manipulated some of the games that they were actively participating in.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 2: So one thousand percent rigging is going to be at play in this. You're just not right about that, unfortunately for you. Okay, we have a lot of questions for Moight mos right, he's right about this, I'm sure, but folks not so much.
Speaker 1: All Right, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We are going to take a quick break, real fast, and when we come back, we'll have more with mo. I gotta tell you, I'll tell you about this Ai mishap. That's just unbelievable. And I got some more clips to try to work in before the end of the show. All of that is coming up next on the news Chunk Kye a couple of things real quick here. Thank you to Trinity, Acme Rockets and Kim Kim be the latest secret Show. Subscribers, you can unlock uncentsored secret shows. Find out what that's all about over on thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Our friend Moe is with us. He's hanging out.
Speaker 2: Whether he likes it or not. We are keeping him here against him, We are holding him against his will. And no, I've been talking a bunch about this this judge, and I mean, there are a lot of out of control judges out there that I continue to see. I find it to be very frustrating. It doesn't seem like there's a lot that you can do. The one in question that I've been giving some heat is a woman named Elaine Barber, and Elaine Barber this judge.
Speaker 1: She had this guy who multiple times.
Speaker 2: Ended up in a bunch of tub and then she ended up letting this guy out on small.
Speaker 1: Amounts of bonds.
Speaker 2: It was nine but he paid what yeah, you put up like, you know, nine hundred and fifty bucks or whatever.
Speaker 1: This is off the cusp of.
Speaker 5: Maureene or something.
Speaker 4: Warren the prosecutor or the person that would be in charge Monique World, who was.
Speaker 5: Getting a lot of flak.
Speaker 4: I'd even been fired but then was re elected for letting out what would have what she was accused of was like a lot of violent criminals, and even she had spoken up against this person being let out.
Speaker 2: There was Yeah, there was a lot of people who saw this and was like, this person is dangerous and what are we doing? The person said they want to kill somebody. All the signs are there right now. You're an attorney, your goal before judges. I don't expect you to directly address this judge in this situation, but speaking in a more general sense, what is there that holds judges accountable when it comes to the decisions they make in their courtrooms, the bonds that they apply to people, even if they might be a flight.
Speaker 1: Risk or other things.
Speaker 2: Is it simply when people see things that they just have to wait and you have to wait till the next election?
Speaker 1: Or are there other things? Can judges get in trouble? What happens in these cases?
Speaker 17: Well, I mean, judges have a duty to uphold the law right, so they can be appealed and if you know, their decision is incorrect and appellate court can overturn it. But you know, in Florida, there is a constitutional right to bail, so and that constitutional right depends on the individual financial means of each person. So, you know, bail can it is supposed to be allowable in certain offenses and that maybe you know, ninety five hundred dollars for one person maybe appropriate, where depending on another person's financial means, you know, two million dollars may be appropriate. So sometimes it's not necessarily it's both the severity of the crime and that person's individual financial means. There is a system, of course of you know, appeals and things like that. And of course you know here, at least in the state of Florida, circuit court judges are elected officials, and you know, you can go out and vote for them.
Speaker 1: How often is that? How do they come out?
Speaker 2: It's every four years, I think four years. Okay, every four years. You have that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny because most people don't even watch that.
Speaker 17: They don't most people don't know who the judges are. They no, aren't really invested in those campaigns.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, And I'm not trying to pull you into this this drama because obviously you have to deal with judges and stuff.
Speaker 1: But when I see this kind of so it's fair.
Speaker 2: I just say this because I see it and it makes me crazy because sometimes I think judges either don't care or don't understand that these kind of decisions could be life or death for people.
Speaker 1: And I've seen it in my neighborhood so many times.
Speaker 2: There was this poor woman who was attacked in her garage by this lunatic who was let out in a similar situation and this and was killed by this guy.
Speaker 1: And the judges just keep round and round we go. You know, let's put the person out there. Let's be empathetic.
Speaker 2: After all, they're dealing with some mental health crisis or whatever, and they put people back in danger over and over and over.
Speaker 1: And I got an email on this too from anonymous.
Speaker 2: It says, keep me anonymous, please tips at the news Junkie dot com. I'm happy you're calling the judge out of this case. Why Back in twenty fourteen, I robbed a gas station. I was hooked on drugs at the time. I did not have a weapon. I just asked them for money and I did not get violent. I was booked the next day and I was given a forty thousand dollars bond. I didn't have four thousand dollars to get myself out. The nine thousand dollars that was given to an attempted murderer and accused rapist is an absolute joke. I'm thankful for your attention to some of these people. The guy should have been in jail from his earlier crimes. I, however, spent eight months in jail waiting for the cord tape. It was the end to my bad choices in life, and I'm now a business owner.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: This person saying, like you know sometimes it allows you the time to clean yourself up and change your life a little bit, if you're not bounced right back out into it.
Speaker 1: I think that people get upset.
Speaker 17: About that, and they should be, and I would remind people though, you know, it's easy to attack the judge, but the judge has an obligation to follow the law. And while judges do have discretion in certain circumstances, I'm not going to speak specifically to this circumstance. Like I said, there is a constitutional right to bond in the state of Florida or one of the few states that has that. So, you know, while it's easy to attack the person who's you know, issuing the order, the judge is following you know, the state statutes and the state constitution in this case, and so they really have to abide by.
Speaker 1: That is there.
Speaker 2: But is there anything, even if this person's intigen is there anything that would prevent a judge in any case from saying, I think this person is a danger to society.
Speaker 1: I think this person is at risk of fleeing justice.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to give them a million dollar bond because I don't think that that will be something that they're able to afford to get out.
Speaker 1: Are they allowed to do that?
Speaker 17: They can do that, but then they most likely their attorney will then file emotion to have that bond amount corrected based upon the charges that that person faces and the financial means of that individual, and then we'll present evidence on that. So ultimately, again it depends on the crimes that they're facing or that they're accused of, and their financial circumstances. But like I said, in most cases, you have a constitutional right to bond, So in most cases, a reasonable bond has.
Speaker 1: To be ordered by the judge. Okay, I wanted to read you this because they said I wouldn't do it. MoU.
Speaker 2: They said I wouldn't do it, And that's what I like that I'm wrong. I'm proving I'm proven you wrong. You're the them. I'm proving you and Josh wrong. From the beginning of the show, somebody sent in an email and I said, I would ask MO and then.
Speaker 5: Picture you.
Speaker 2: No, this person said, it's Phil. He says, hey, junkies, I know you guys aren't wrestling fans, but there's a big and real story going on right now in the world of pro wrestling, with a wrestler getting fired from the WWE and then showing up on aw television. WWE then set aw the competing wrestling organization a cease and desist letter saying the wrestler and draw Day or something has a one year no compete in his contract and can't wrestle anywhere else and they're not paying him. This link explains what's happening. But I want to know how is this legal? Probably it's just a general non compete question. It seems like it's just surrounded in the wrestling world.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah.
Speaker 17: I mean, you know, at least in Florida, you're allowed to have non competes. There typically has to be some restrictions on it with it. Usually it's a geographic restriction or an industry restriction so that people can get some job, just maybe not in that field or in the geographic region.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we see non competes all the time.
Speaker 17: I mean, I think you guys know they exist in radio quite often as well, So the same thing here.
Speaker 1: It's an entertainment contract and they have a non compete in it.
Speaker 5: I also think they're making a promo.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just looked up his name and they're like, may be returning to WWE after the release and the non compete.
Speaker 5: Is that why they're doing it?
Speaker 2: The wrestling fans have such a hard time separating real for fake.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, that is all right.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think about this. Send us a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Right now. All right, let's see I wanted to bring this up.
Speaker 2: Somebody, uh sent this over and it says this is the US Coast Guard and Alameda, California, MO.
Speaker 1: And there's some people in a U haul. Josh, let's show this down the line. I don't know if we can see this. Can you see this thing?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: Let me go that screen, right, Yeah, that's fine, that's fine, Yeah, it's I understand.
Speaker 1: You got a right.
Speaker 2: So there's a U haul here and this is an Alameda, California and these are federal officers back here, and there was some people who were upset about this incident that went down. Now you can see the U haul backing up, backing up towards the officers. Then they started out with a fire. Oh oh, it stopped. It started driving the other direction and hauling ass out of there.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the person I'll get some more information about this. But you start driving a U haul backwards, forwards or whatever at officers at some point, and I don't know what that point is, mo, you you probably know more about it. At some point that becomes a weapon and not a car. And absolutely, I guess they're able to do this. Is that just like within a reasonable distance of them, thinking that you present a harm to them?
Speaker 17: Well, it's just like the self defense standard, right, if you have a reasonable belief that you're in fear of imminent bodily harm, so significant bodily harm or death, then you can use deadly force.
Speaker 1: To stop that. Yeah, somebody says they just let them drive off. Though why did they just let them drive off?
Speaker 4: It looked like the engine was smoking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very far he stopped here, got a mask, combine the wheel. No, if you heard a lot of rounds, right, that was a lot.
Speaker 5: It was shot back unless there was on the side that we didn't know.
Speaker 2: I think it was they were shooting like through the back of this U haul. Let me bring it up, too reportedly injured. Here's the story on what happened here. Uh, this is too reportedly injured and that would be obviously the driver and whoever else was in this car I guess.
Speaker 15: Ran Oakland law enforcement officers opening fire on a truck that attempted to ram into the entrance to Coast Guard Station Alameda. It all happened at around ten pm after a day of protest there over a potential federal immigration crackdown. ABC seven is reporter Zac Puntez is live there now with the latest details.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. I godn't die.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we just hurt from the Coast Guard around two this morning with an official statement from them, and they do say that a car tried to back into the gate at Coast Guard Base Alameta. We'll take you right now to video of the aftermath of when that happened around I mean, you can't do it night the activity surrounding a U haul box truck. Now, officials say that the Coast Guard security personnel that we're standing watch saw a vehicle driving erradically and according to them, it attempted to back into the base and they said the driver ignored commands to stop and that's when shots were fired.
Speaker 1: Now that seems to line up with what we just saw. You just can't do that.
Speaker 2: You cannot take a vehicle and aim it at police officers and think.
Speaker 1: That all is going to be well, he's not going to get his U haul deposit back. No, no, see she just said that. You you know it'll be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Get ahold, get a hold of Sabrina's Google Drive and just do her entire roast before.
Speaker 4: She gets Outogle drive.
Speaker 1: Free, because because that's what you do. What mine is also on my Google Drive? Is that surprising? And mine? Okay? Hold on?
Speaker 4: Do you think I have Google Drive?
Speaker 5: I have access to your Google Drive?
Speaker 1: You actually you might have access.
Speaker 4: I never looked and our thoughts a look, but that this does putting my set together?
Speaker 1: You have access to the whole Google Drive or just the one shared doc? That's not true?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 4: Where do we land as far as civil Chorus? Access to Google drives?
Speaker 1: And you know you're granted access, You were granted acts and that drive jokes that are by the way, I don't have any roast jokes on my Google drive just in case you were going to try to check I have. I just checked. Where am I keeping them?
Speaker 5: Are you keeping them my Google Drive?
Speaker 11: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I know you're looking.
Speaker 11: No I'm not.
Speaker 1: I swear to God I don't have any access to your stuff. I'm like, you have access to my stuff? Do I have access to yours?
Speaker 5: I don't know anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't have access yours. I assure you, I give you my word. I don't know if that's what that means.
Speaker 4: Well, we're here.
Speaker 1: What is off apparently?
Speaker 4: What you might as well say it for me, for everyone, because I'm roasting, mostly roasting Josh obviously roasting for me.
Speaker 2: Nothing about me is off limits. I don't have any limits on myself.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't like, I don't want people going after.
Speaker 5: Roasted.
Speaker 4: Do you have access to Google?
Speaker 1: She's done it before. It was just more mean than listen you fhatically loser.
Speaker 5: I never said that.
Speaker 2: Wait, just painful, painful? All right, we're gonna take off limits.
Speaker 5: Don't call me fat.
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything. I wouldn't call you fat.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything about fat on my Google drive anywhere.
Speaker 4: I say, first joke, and like, honestly, what twenty seven font that's not true?
Speaker 5: To bring a show fat start with that?
Speaker 1: What a lame joke it.
Speaker 2: Would be to make a fat joke about you? What an absolutely lame joke.
Speaker 1: That when there's an actual fat guy.
Speaker 5: That's nice.
Speaker 4: We should know this.
Speaker 1: No, we should call this off. This is bad. This is bad.
Speaker 5: Here we contractually cannot call it off.
Speaker 4: So you want to what's the opposite of rows? So I'll just say nice things to each other for Sean Watson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the toast toast of Sean Watson would be so boring.
Speaker 5: No, know, we get your giant head out of that.
Speaker 2: We we will just go full force on this and it is going to be a blast. I'll be next Thursday and it's your Halloween party. So let's get dressed up, let's have fun. Let's get in costumes, or if not, let's get fancy, and let's get all the details at the Newsjunkie dot Com slash roast.
Speaker 1: When we return.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I still haven't done that AI story, But we will do that. I've got it right here, and it's pretty crazy and involves a bag of chips.
Speaker 1: It'll make sense very soon.
Speaker 2: I got another clip of Trump getting upset about something, fighting with the press a little bit. We'll see what he said about that. I got that for us before we wrap things up today, and a whole lot more to close out of Friday. That's coming up next on the news junkie. I assure you, I promise you. Dispatches are on the way. I know I say that, but I really mean it this time. There's been some more fireworks inside the White House. I guess there was a press reporter who was asking Trump some questions and he couldn't understand what she was saying because she's French, and so yeah, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If he said that, but we'll see. Let's see. First of all, I wonder if it actually is hard to understand her.
Speaker 20: Yesterday there was a vote at on annexing the West Bank. Do you see it as a challenge to your peace efforts?
Speaker 1: Did you say that letter?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 20: Vote at in Israel on annexing the West Bank? Do you see it as a challenge to your peace efforts?
Speaker 13: Will you answer that place? Because I cannot understand the words you're saying, Where are you?
Speaker 5: Where are you from.
Speaker 13: Me?
Speaker 1: This is me at the end of the night of the bar when people just start saying, can you answer that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on. She said, I think are you upset about a vote that happened? And what's essentially the Parliament of Israel about settlements?
Speaker 4: And do you think that's going to affect that was involved?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you think that's going to affect the peace process? Because of this annexation of the West Bank? And and he couldn't understand what the hell she was saying. I've heard him do this about three times now.
Speaker 5: But how does he interact with world leaders?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 5: Speaking perfect English.
Speaker 1: You've seen it, You've seen it many times. I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, uh, Zelensky, for what, his whole time in the White House didn't go fantastic?
Speaker 5: That is this weird?
Speaker 4: I mean, did he not just have that crazy, weird handshake with the French Prime minister President?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I understood that.
Speaker 4: Prely.
Speaker 2: You don't understand what a masculine handshake looks like, so I understand that this would be a little right weird and off putty. But the way to do a masculine handshake is you have to physically hold on gay man's hand until they completely collapse in front of you. That's the way to do this. And I've done this the most several times. It's it's been very easy to overpower him.
Speaker 1: A handshake like this. It's not been a difficult thing, to be honest.
Speaker 4: With you, with those tiny little things you got there, and he has been very nice and he was gonna be nice at the roads. Was this little poking prodding.
Speaker 2: Zero percent chance of that. He on a normal day he comes in here and tries to take shots of me. If you asked Mo, what like what are your favorite things to do? Mo, it would be messing with Sean and then the law underneath it that would be no.
Speaker 4: Order of his son.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't like him. He's not not a fan. I am though. I think he's a fun little guy.
Speaker 4: You've never spent time with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I haven't met him multiple times before. How how old is Carter now? He's not thirteen?
Speaker 1: I know that for sure. I'm asking you.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you for a reason. Okay, Carter, Carter is what three? Four, six, six? As I said, just six. They all looked a saying, yeah, he can't vote or anything yet, So that a person, So yeah, please don't do that.
Speaker 1: So the reason why our.
Speaker 2: Friend's Ceiland isn't here today is because he had to take an emergency day off to plan his two year old's birthday problem that's for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Last minute, he goes, guys, it's stressful guy, and he is.
Speaker 5: I have to take the day off and I have for if you need any help. And then I deleted that because I'm offering up for that.
Speaker 2: But I mean, and I said, what does a two year old even need from their birthday? And he starts, he starts spouting off like, oh, there's gonna be.
Speaker 1: A belle toes and to do this?
Speaker 5: What happened to Ceiland? Did he hit before?
Speaker 2: He told you that?
Speaker 1: That's what he sounds like.
Speaker 2: Then go Botoes. I go, okay, why your two year old is not going to remember any of this? When Dylan was too you know what we did for his birthday. We turned the light on. We turned the light on in the room where we kept him the entire time for one day. You get the light on in the dark room. That's and we gave him some legos and you get to, you know, hang out with yourself for the day.
Speaker 1: Fun cool to ross. Uh, he will be there.
Speaker 4: He will have a blown picture of his buddy teeth.
Speaker 1: So he will have a shot at the microphone. So I mean, it seems fair, Yeah, it seems fair. It seems he is. Yeah, it seems fair to me.
Speaker 5: I think Jackson do uh what if?
Speaker 1: What if I just did my entire rebuttal just on Jackson.
Speaker 5: In the ceiling impression that you just.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I lost it already. Let me get to these stories that. By the way, Trump ended up telling the woman she had a beautiful accent. He did not say that.
Speaker 1: But I know the friends are pretty small. They tend to be. They tend to be.
Speaker 2: It's like when Japanese women make American women, you know what I mean, because Japanese women, generally speaking don't have the kind of bodies that American women have.
Speaker 1: Or if American women, what do you do? That's what I'm saying is just the truth.
Speaker 2: Why why do you think you think women in Japan on average have the same kind of bodies and the same sized bodies as women in America.
Speaker 5: I think all women have different sized bodies.
Speaker 2: Do you think that regionally there are groupings of women who have different sized bodies or everybody just magically has a body that's not associated with their culture or where they're from or anything.
Speaker 5: I'll go with the latter one to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, right, French babes don't shave.
Speaker 2: With a French call les competan. Okay, all right, right, let me get this done here. And and I don't mean that to say like this is something that I'm forced to do, but let me just get it done regardless. In Baltimore Health in Maryland. In Baltimore, they have a case that is being put together. I want to ask more after I give you the details here if this is a good case where he to have taken it an artificial intelligence detector.
Speaker 1: Now they have these in schools. No, you're aware of this, Like, they have.
Speaker 2: These detection systems that are supposed to detective somebody has a gun or contraband or something. They have them deployed in a lot of big schools. And there was a kidnamed Taki Allen and he was sitting with his friend. He was at Kenwood High School eating a bag of Dorito's and the police showed out. Not talkies, yeah, no, strangely enough, he had Dorito's TALKI was eating Dorito's. The police show up with guns pulled and everything. Eight cop cars show up at the camptos.
Speaker 1: Put the talkies down.
Speaker 2: I mean, they say get on the ground, and he says, I was like what And Alan then told uh told the news that the police said an AI detector at the school thought his bag of Dorito chips which he crumpled and put in his pocket was a weapon.
Speaker 4: Not to day.
Speaker 2: They made me get on my knees, They put my hands behind my head, that cuffed me. They searched me and then they figured out that I had nothing and they went over.
Speaker 4: Will the bag of Dorito's be looked at as a weapon that.
Speaker 2: They showed him the picture that triggered the AI detector. He was holding the Dorito's bag with two hands and he had one of his fingers out and the AI thought the way his hands were with a finger out on the Dorito bag that he had to come back.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe get off the free trial plan and play in pay for pro because that's insane.
Speaker 1: Well that's the question from out. Is this some sort of violation of your.
Speaker 2: Rights or can they just say our wonky Ai thought your chips were a gun.
Speaker 1: So you have to do whatever we say. What happens to these people?
Speaker 17: I mean, as long as it wasn't malicious, I think, you know, it's probably would be considered a lawful order for them to detain him and search him in this circumstance because they had a reasonable belief that there was a weapon or a gun.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you look at.
Speaker 5: Things reasonable, it's AI, that's well.
Speaker 17: I mean you look at it, you look like drug stuff dogs And they're only accurate about forty four percent of the time. But yet that still constitutes a legal search when they I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it should be though, I and I really has there been there should be pushed back against.
Speaker 5: That way against raw meat in your backpack, and.
Speaker 17: It has been pushed back so far the laws upheld it. So I think rarely here it would be a similar situation where they'd say, well, while AI is not perfect, it's not one hundred percent accurate, it's accurate most of the time or a certain percentage of the time that they deem good enough, and so since it alerted here, that gives them a reasonable belief to detain the individual and search.
Speaker 11: Them for that.
Speaker 4: Like I imagine that caused money for cups to show up and lock down the school and point guns at them and search them. They'll attach some sort of price tag to that, will they not.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it does.
Speaker 2: It probably doesn't happen that often, I would think, But it clearly this is an issue with the AI at this particular school.
Speaker 1: If they thought ships was a gun, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: But but mo, is there some part of this where they're worried, Hey, if we say this AI is garbage and we can't use this to frisk you and stuff, We can't use the dogs because they're not perfectly accurate, well then we wouldn't be able to use bomb sniffing dogs at the at the airport or something, and then our security apparatus falls and and that becomes a problem. So therefore they protect these things and let people let police use them as a weapon to interrogate people. Could that be an issue that they're actually facing.
Speaker 17: Well, I mean there's always the slippery slippery slope argument, right, That's essentially what you're making there, is that if we don't allow it here, then we can't allow it there, and then basically everything falls apart. And you can go the other way with it as well, and say, you know, we should search everybody because even if it's wrong one percent of the time, you know, we should still be able to search them because that's the process A.
Speaker 2: Market probably, Yeah, yeah, last question for you, Moses on this front, and I'm going to try to lawyer this up, and I'm going to I'm gonna screw it up entirely. I would like to put forward a terrible argument that will hold no way. But I saw that the Miami Police are pushing out an autonomous police vehicle. First, right, well, it's the police car, and there's like drones, and they can heat sinc they go like heat seeking technology, and there's all kinds of stuff that could do on this autonomous police car. Now, at first, and I don't really care about this, but at first there's going to be a cop riding along with to make sure nothing goes south. But eventually, I'm sure they plan on using these vehicles in the future to roam around and do stuff. Now, I'll tell you my argument, and then I'll also tell you what my argument is stupid. I would say that if you add an autonomous police car going around and let's say like issuing people tickets or trying to charge you with some sort of crime, I feel like that's not fair because I'm not able to face my accuser in some way, because this is a robot that has accused.
Speaker 1: Me of speeding or of doing whatever.
Speaker 2: Now, the reason why I think this is stupid and holds no water is because if that was true, then red light cameras wouldn't be able to be a thing. But what do we think about like these autonomous cops coming into the scenario even this early.
Speaker 17: Now, Well, I mean what you're referring to as the confrontation clause of the US Constitution basically saying that you know, you have the right to confront your accuser and cross examine them. So when you have a robot like this, that's you know, issuing essentially arresting people. That violates the constant, the confrontation clause of the Constitution. Now with the red light cameras, that was part of the issue was because you were getting points on your license it they were arguing it violated that clause. I think what they what they did, and it's been a while since this all happened, was they basically said it's just a civil infraction where you have to pay a fine. And then they changed the way. The statue was ritter than the state of Florida to allow those allow those cameras and it didn't violate the confrontation clause. But if you're actually arresting people or even you know, issuing notices of the notices to appear and having criminal charges, then you would have an issue constitutionally.
Speaker 2: So a robot arresting a citizen is unconstitutional then.
Speaker 1: As we currently sit, yeah, for now, I believe it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I think luck telling that robot as it's arresting that that thing.
Speaker 17: The interesting question could be when there's a robot that then it's almost like a drone robot where there's a police officer who's watching it through the cameras in real time and making decisions with that robot. Don't that violate the confrontation clause since you do have an officer sort.
Speaker 1: Of there, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna take quick break when we come back the final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, and of course today learned to wrap everything up for a Friday that is coming up next on the news. Junkie, Be safe out there. It's supposed to be nice and beautiful this weekend. Honestly, look for someplace is.
Speaker 5: Depending where you are on sweaters at.
Speaker 2: Big Thanks to just Calmo and just Callmo dot com, there is Moses DeWitt, thanks cragging out with us. Thank you, sir, big thanks to Josh Fowler for filling in for Seland who was very wrapped up and planning his two year old's birthday party. And oh god, off off the chain as it were absolutely off the chain this weekend, and big thanks to you for hanging out with us.
Speaker 1: We appreciate that. All you have to do if you want to.
Speaker 2: Learn more about the show is go to thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, a couple of things on the way out stories that didn't make the cut. People kept sending this over, But I'm I'm not familiar with the ghost hunting shows, but I guess what are the guys on a ghost hunting show, like a reality show, learned in the middle of filming that the police were at his house, and so you hear him say, like, the cops are in my.
Speaker 1: House right now.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, okay, what is this for lying about ghosts on television?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: In this case, it was the moment that the cops called him and told him that his wife had I tried to kill him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ghost hunters, Yes, it's one of the.
Speaker 2: Ghost hunter shows. He's on this paranormal shows called Ghost Adventures. Is this I think this might be the moment on the show where you figured this out.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on. I don't know what's going there in a phone call or some police at the police or in his house and he said he had to go outside.
Speaker 18: At this point, we will not be showing any further footage what it is at this moment that Aaron receives a call from the police that his wife has been a rested and charged with conspiracy to commit.
Speaker 1: Murder by hiring a hit man to have Aaron killed.
Speaker 2: Hilarious the music this guy is like, We're going to find the scariest, spookiest thing in this haunted house, and you go, buddy, I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you what's scary real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the real fear is always the thing that you're not necessarily paying attention to. But that's the real deal. Apparently that happened to this particular guy. And uh, let's do our final dispatches right now.
Speaker 1: Dispatches, but Sean will probably only play well that time for way, what am I supposed to do? Just to get out of the way? All right, fine, I'll just play one.
Speaker 2: We'll refresh and get the latest and greatest, and we'll see what we got here. Here is a richie talking about gambling.
Speaker 1: We could talk about gambling.
Speaker 4: Scamble had me in tears sean gambling scandal, said scandal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, you know what you guys? Do you like police words? Over? Okay?
Speaker 11: You were?
Speaker 1: Do you now any words I say every single day?
Speaker 2: Gambling scandal, gambling scandal, gambling scandal, gambling scandal.
Speaker 1: Got it, nailed it.
Speaker 5: He's the one that dispatched. You were gonna yell at him.
Speaker 1: I want to yell at you. I want Oh god, we have to start today. No, we don't know. We've got plenty of it all started.
Speaker 4: Oh he has no idea that he's slow.
Speaker 1: There are nothing, no gamble. No, it's the scam scandal, gambling scandal.
Speaker 11: I got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you feel better? I do feel a little bit better. I worry about you. Market got a big weekend of Moses. You got a big weekend plan? Yeah? What are your plans? Nothing? May your old birthday party?
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, not.
Speaker 1: Allowed, no no.
Speaker 2: Last time you drank every kid's birthday party, the cops were called.
Speaker 4: It was a cute it is not.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that was That was us, buddy. Well that's why you have the ankle monitor on. But I think we can get beyond that. That's an ankle bracelet. Very good drive and it connects very well. Let's get out of here, here we go, let's do today. I learned.
Speaker 3: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 9: It's done.
Speaker 2: What we call today learn It is today learned for a Friday, October twenty fourth, twenty twenty five. Today I learned a musician by the name of Andrew Gold wrote this theme song right here, mo, good luck, here you go. He's singing the song, but he doesn't know its as Golden Girls, is correct. Yeah, musician Andrew Gold wrote both the Golden Girls theme song and the meme song Forgive Me. I am not initiated Spooky Scary Skeletons. Oh, I'm just not familiar with that Spooky Scary Skeletons, which is some sort of meme song. And thank you for being a friend and never let her slip away.
Speaker 1: I'd never heard of that one. It did slip away all for him.
Speaker 2: In twenty eighteen, Nebraska had the first child surrendering law in the nation, and it was intended to be for babies under thirty days old, but there was no age limit on it, so people were giving up their kids between the ages of ten and seventeen. They quickly amended the law and changed it so they couldn't do that, You monster parents.
Speaker 1: A lady with the twelve year old probably wanted that. She probably did. Yeah, mother of the Year, that lady, she's really update so warm. Yeah, that's true. All right, here we go today. Learn this guy right here? Date?
Speaker 5: Huh invisible man?
Speaker 1: Nope, that's not correct. Not invisible man? Can you not hear it?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: Shoot? Yeah, I'll have to beaus.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: Three months before Kenny Rogers released a Gambler in nineteen seventy eight, his producer encouraged Johnny Cash to do it. He said, this is gonna be great. I'm gonna have a Johnny Cash record this. But Johnny Cash was so high on drugs. This song sucked, and he was like, I'm just not going to tell him we recorded this. He'll forget in the morning.
Speaker 5: Gamble.
Speaker 1: Kenny Rogers became the gambler.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Scamble, scamble, gamble. Now I forgot what the real thing is. Will's will be back on Monday, same time, same place. Cambling, gambling scandal. We'll see I'll see him Monday.
Speaker 21: Everybody, when the whole, no, when the food, no, when the walk away, no, when the run.
Speaker 1: You never count your body