Speaker 1: The Dave Ryan Show on kd w B.
Speaker 2: We are going into the vault, the Dave Ryan Vault, because we got a lot of stuff that we've done. It's like, wow, do you guys remember that time that you did this? Do you remember that? It's like, oh, I kind of forgot about that when somebody brought up earlier this morning. Remember when Carson was like ten and he told us how to make a Thanksgiving turkey and we dug it up and it's in the vault and we'll play it like another time, maybe tomorrow. But we were digging through the vault and we found this one. It's called Guess Who's Coming for Thanksgiving? And it's basically a prank. A woman is prank at her husband or partner to say somebody that you don't like is coming for Thanksgiving. From the vault, here we go. Kd w B from the Dave Ryan Show Vault is on the phone. She wants to play a dirty joke on her husband John. So if we were gonna call John and say, hey, John, guess who's coming for Thanksgiving? Who would he not want to come for Thanksgiving? Carissa?
Speaker 3: Oh, my cousin Bijorn Beyorn.
Speaker 2: He sounds delightful. How many Bejorns do you know? None?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Let's we're gonna find out why he doesn't. He just doesn't like Bejorn. He would freak if he found out that Bjorn was going to be there Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, okay, this could.
Speaker 2: Be a bad start to the holiday. Just well, just warning right now, Carissa. But let's call him when he answers. You do all the talking. Okay, okay, Okay, here we go. Oho, hey Dade, Oh Harry, So.
Speaker 3: I have something to tell you. Uh, Bjorn is coming over for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, maybe me baby.
Speaker 3: He just messaged me an hour ago.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have anything.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna you're gonna have to cancel that. I don't can't say you have COVID. Say I have COVID.
Speaker 4: No, you can't. You can't ask me. He's my cousin. I just know that.
Speaker 3: I know he has already done.
Speaker 5: It's already done.
Speaker 3: No, you can't say we have COVID or something. I'm not dealing with this, absolutely not.
Speaker 6: But he doesn't have anywhere to go.
Speaker 4: You want to eat that.
Speaker 3: I don't think he brought that on himself. He does the politics rant. He comes in, he starts just going on politics.
Speaker 4: He doesn't even care about he switches side. He just gets the argument going. His breath smells. The kids hate it.
Speaker 3: He does that smoking thing while he's outside the garage half inside the house, where it's like like laughing in the house.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me right now? And he's gonna bring it.
Speaker 3: Stupid parent, Oh parrot, I know, but he's my cousin.
Speaker 6: He doesn't have anywhere to No, we can't do that on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not doing that. He's run the last three times. He's done over. I'm not I'm not dealing with it. Look, I wanted to have a good Thanksgiving. I finally got the days off from work. You know how hard that is.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hang out with that family.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna have that ruined by your cousin who just stirs things up.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Can I can I? Can I invite myself? It's Dave Ryan over at kat WB and I was just wondering if I can invite myself. I don't have a parrot. Does Bijorn actually have a parrot? This is this is this is a prank. By the way, John, your own radio on Cana to be Bijorn is not coming.
Speaker 7: Does he have a parrot that he brings places? Oh my goodness, it's a joke. Yeah, you're on the radio right now, John, I hope that's okay. And this is all Chris's idea. Yeah, I'm glad to laugh at.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: At least Bijorn won't be alone on Thanksgiving because he has a Yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. He's never up this early.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving, John and Carissa. That was from the Dave Line Show Vault on one on one point three.
Speaker 4: Katie w b.
Speaker 2: Uh from the Vault. I love that. That was a lot of fun, and we got more from the vault. We should bring those up sometimes more off. We get a lot of stuff stored back there. It's kat able to be. We do this every Tuesday. It's kind of like what is on our radar and we just kind of go around the room and say, hey, here's something that we found or like a book or a podcast or a restaurant or something we found. Uh, and this is something that it's not new. I've talked about it before, but it's the perfect time to bring it up because it is the it is a towel warmer. It's getting cold, it's going to snow. There is nothing like a warm towel when you get out of the shower, and this thing, it looks like it's the size of a garbage can. It's got to lid on it. You drop your towel in there before you get in the shower, you push the on button, and then by the time you get out, oh my god, it feels so good. It's toasty, oasty, warm and cozy, and it makes a great Christmas gift. I found one online. Just search towel warmer on Amazon and I found one for like ninety nine bucks. So it makes a great gift. And if you don't have one yourself, get a towel warmer. It is totally worth it. You are going to thank me later on my radar, Jenny, what's on your radar?
Speaker 5: So everyone keeps asking me how I got my sweet flight deal to Morocco, and I feel like we've talked about this before, but there's something called Thrifty Traveler where they sent out flight deals and I'm subscribed to them, so that's how I got it because of like an email subscription. So I just want to let people know because I keep getting dms like Jenny, how did you find that flight deal?
Speaker 1: How did you find that flight deal?
Speaker 5: So they're called Thrifty Traveler, and I just saw them posts that they're doing some like Black Friday deal on their premium access. So if you want to sign up for premium but you don't have.
Speaker 1: To, you can do it.
Speaker 5: You can still sign up for their free one and still get some really good flight deals as well. So Thrifty Travelers, what's on my radar?
Speaker 6: And all my radar is this and Scheran Special I keep talking about.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 8: It's him going through New York and at the end of it he ends up back at a big old concert, So it really did happen.
Speaker 6: It's not just something they shot because you see him walk through and all the crowds like, oh my god. But it's him walk go into a birthday party, a proposal, getting on like one of the trams that goes through New York.
Speaker 8: And he's just performing some of his songs. They recorded the entire thing in one take and it is so cool. And then on top of that, afterward they have an eleven minutes like special thing where you can watch him and the director and they talk about how they executed the whole thing, how they planned it from beginning to finish, and how they had to rehearse it several times.
Speaker 1: Nice, I want to watch it?
Speaker 2: I think I definitely want to. On my radar is it's a towel warmer the brand hold on. Let me lean toward my screen one second. It mean Geen, Ray k Ee and Ray towel warmer on Amazon. That is on my radar. You're gonna love having one.
Speaker 5: And mine is Thrifty Traveler where you can find some super sweet flight deals.
Speaker 2: And mine is the ed Sharing special on Netflix. It's called One Shot with edg Sharing. Okay, that is on our radar. Check those out. If you missed any of them, will put that up on Instagram. By the way, we mentioned this a couple of times. Our texting system is down and normally we get like like hundreds, if not a thousand, text messages every day, and today we miss you. We're not hearing text messages. You can still dm us on Dave Ryan's show, but you know, I mean, if you're used to texting, we'll get it working again by the first of the year. No would shoot me no later than Monday, and we're also starting Christmas wish. I want to give you a bad example of how to not nominate a Christmas wish. First of all, this is almost funny because it's like somebody who wants help but they don't know how to do it. They write in. First of all, it's a regular email to my email address. That's not how you enter. You go to katiewbat on slash wish and then you fill out the form. This email says, hi, Ryan. Now, first of all, my name is Dave Ryan, not Ryan. My name is so and So. I am twenty six with six children who my husband injured himself on the job. We've been struggling for a while ever since. I would love the help. Now this is I'm not making fun of this person. They don't know how to enter Christmas wish. That is not how you do it. You don't send an email, You cannot nominate yourself, and you gotta tell us what you want. So saying we could use the help sounds like we have no idea. So the best way to do it for Christmas Wish is to go online, Katie. The only way to do it, in fact, katiwb dot com and then keyword or slash wish, so ktiwb dot com slash wish and then click on the nominate button and it asked for details like, Okay, tell me about this family. What do they need? Do they need groceries, toys? Do they need a new bed? Do they need like a new toilet, whatever? Let us know what they want. And then and then we because I started calling people last night and I talked to somebody who's like really in touch with somebody who's struggling because they've got a lot of kids to take care of and their mom just passed. And it's like, Okay, what can we do for these families? So if you know somebody that is perfect for a Christmas wish, we'd love to hear from you. Kadiewb dot com slash wi.
Speaker 5: Can I just add one thing real quick too, because when I was going through a bunch of nominations last night, we just unfortunately don't have the resources to deliver wishes that are really far away, so you do have to be within.
Speaker 1: The twin cities.
Speaker 5: I did have some people literally nominate someone in Florida and in New York, and I was like, yeah, we're not able to do that, and it does have to be I mean within a decent radius of the Twin Cities as well, because you know, we have college muscle movers help us out, and like they have to actually do their own jobs throughout the day, not just deliver Christmas wishes, So they can't drive like four hours away to northern Minnesota. So if you could just just keep that in mind when you're nominating, because unfortunately we just don't have the resources to deliver wishes all over the United States.
Speaker 2: You mean they can't go to Sacramento.
Speaker 1: No, Unfortunately we can damn you know.
Speaker 2: And also we had somebody like we have somebody saying North Branch and we were like, I don't even know we can do North Branch or Schicago. No, I don't think we can do that either, because I mean we'd love to. We know people listen out there, but you know, probably not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's all powered by Holiday station stores, and you think, and I just want to give a shout out to Holiday right now if you need a little energy boost going into this holiday week. They do have Celsias strengths where it's two for five dollars. I think Dave you said one time that Susan really likes those. But they're kind of like energy drinks but have more of like a They have a new Sprits Vibe flavor. So two for five dollars right now at Holiday and thanks to Holiday for helping out with Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Susan, we are in Omaha. That's why there's that weird delay on the show. We're doing it. We're doing our best. I mean, we're really not that awkward. We're usually pretty smooth. But it's funny because I'll stop talking and then I'll wait for Jenny to start talking, and then I don't think she did talk because there's a delay, so I'll start talking again. Then it's like wait, wait, what would no you go? So the reason is we're you know, we're remote, and I'm in the iheartstation in Omaha, and they've been very kind and they're gracious and I just love those guys. But we were in the car last night and it came up like taking a bath in the hotel room bathtub, and I forget even whether it was like, man, that'd be really good to like lay down to the hotel room bathtub and just take a hot bath and play on your phone. And Susan was like, oh my god, gross, I would never take a bath in a hotel room bathroom, and I'm like, I've done it many times. I don't feel any hesitation about it at all. You know, they clean it out. What's the worst that can happen? Three weeks ago, somebody took a poop in there, They cleaned it out. Since then, I'm not going to get anything sing, I don't care. They've cleaned it out many times since then. There's nothing in that tub that's gonna make me sick, that grosses me out. And she's like, I can't talk to you anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm grossed out just listening to this conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I honestly, I will say that I think the only times I've ever been in a shower in a hotel room where I like actually laid down in it or something or a bathtub is because I like was snowboarding all day and my body was like physically in pain. But I probably would not choose to do that. However, I don't know. I guess the huge difference between going in a hotel jacuzzi, those might be even worse than a bathroom. And I definitely go into hotel jacuzzis.
Speaker 2: You can't personally clean. I agree with that one. I've gone into the hotel jacuzi. I think that with a hotel jacuzzi there's stuff that gets sucked inside. You know, there's pea water and poop waters stamp puddled up inside the pipes of the hotel jacuzi. There just is I'm not a germophobe. I've built up years and years and years of health unity. If there's poop water in the hotel jacuzzi or bathtub, I'm gonna be okay. I just don't think about it. But you get in the jacuzzie, in the bathtub and in the hotel Jenny, but not in the bathtub.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 5: I think it's just different because you're laying like I guess. I don't know the difference. Is it just because I feel like I'm laying naked in there? That might be the difference. I tend to not be naked in the hotel jacuzzi. Is that that's only happened a couple times.
Speaker 8: I think your mind subconsciously, you don't have to sit in the tub. You can pick a shower, but in the jacuzzi, the sole purpose is to sit in soak. I am not doing any of that. I don't even like sometimes when I go to hotels, I put on a slides whenever, like crocs whenever I get in the shower, because I don't know what they I don't know when the last time they cleaned it.
Speaker 6: I don't know what the last parson was doing up in here. Mm hmm, what's gonna happen? I mean, you're not the only place I would put on slides. Is it a campground? If I'm going to a campground, I'm going up to the shower, then I'm definitely gonna I'm not wearing like bare feet on some nasty concrete floor with pieces of soap and pubes all over the floor. Yeah no, thanks buster, not getting it. You can stand on that. I'm wearing slide. I'm not stepping on Vont's pubes in the shower. No, thank you, sir.
Speaker 5: Cryptospidium, it really is the absolute yeah right, and it really is true.
Speaker 1: The absolute worst.
Speaker 5: When you look down and there's some little dark curly hair that landed on you as you're in a public area, and you're like, well, Yep.
Speaker 1: That was someone's pube that I think just got on.
Speaker 2: You know why this would be you know why?
Speaker 6: It doesn't surprise me that Dave has no problem with it, because we make fun of Dave for he wears his jeans into the bed and I have a rule that I don't wear outside clothes on the bed for the most part, because you don't know what germs and stuff you were touching outside. That's a bit more on the germa folbe side, but one that I think.
Speaker 2: Is a basic rule.
Speaker 8: Dave.
Speaker 2: You put your suitcase on the bed too.
Speaker 6: Your suitcase all through timbook too disgusting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, gross, You've been rolling the thing around in the airport and then you throw it on a bed.
Speaker 6: Airport bathrooms that have pea and pubes on the floor.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I guess it's interesting to me, Dave, that you are willing to do this because you're the same person who like, won't let someone eat a bite of your sandwich that like you just bit off of, Like you're weird with the germs that way.
Speaker 2: Even with Susan, my wife, she's like, if I have like I don't know, like let's have a BLT And she's like, can I have a bite of your BLT. I'm like, you can finish it. But once you take a bite of it, I don't want your spit on my Sandwich's I know I've had my tongue in your mouth before. I don't care. There's a difference between kiss spit and getting your spit on my sandwich. I don't want it. I don't want you drinking out of my glass. You cannot have a bite. No, I'm gonna watch Susan take a bite of my blt. She pulls her mouth away. You know what between the mouth and the sandwich, now a string a spit. You know what it does? It snaps back like a freaking bungee cord, and now it's latters all over my sandwich.
Speaker 1: You're so dramatic.
Speaker 2: I want your spit on my sandwich. Bungee cord, dramatic. I a lot of dirt we got to cover here. Brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Hot on the heels of Wicked. There are two Wizard of Oz themed horror movies on the Way what is called Gail Like Dorothy Gail The al E Yellow Brick Road and The other is Dorothy The Haunting of Oz. Now, I guess that the copyright or whatever trademark protection is run out on Wizard of Oz, so anybody can make a sequel and use the characters. Now, I'm not positive about that one. By the trademark or whatever for protections for It's a Wonderful Life have run out. You can make all the copies you want to of It's a Wonderful Life, and you could sell them if you wanted to, because nobody owns the rights to It's a Wonderful Life anymore. Now, don't quote me on that one. I don't want to get to busted and get arrested. Dave Ryant, so I could sell these, I don't know, I think, but I think that's true anyway. Also, best comedy movies of all time. Number one comedy movie of all time is Are You Ready? The Naked Gun? From nineteen eighty eight. That's what they say. I thought it was good, Maybe not that good?
Speaker 1: What's it about? Ever?
Speaker 2: Heard to Gilmore too? It is the one with Leslie Nielsen, and it's very like tongue in cheek, like funny. I honestly think O. J. Simpson is in it. They're police detectives and all they do is screw up, and it's bad puns and bad visuals and it's funny. It really is funny. Number one ever, not really sure, but I would say definitely Happy Gilmore Too's gonna be right up there. I know you were gonna say the other ones that made of the list. It's a great movie. VT. Some like it Hot Annie Hall, The Great Dictator, Waiting for Guffman, which was very funny, Monty Python and the Holy Grail nineteen thirty threes, Duck Soup and far Ago, which I never thought of as a funny movie. There are some funny parts because they just screw up. I mean, the movie is just full of screw ups everywhere, and it's uncomfortable and it is funny. Young Frankenstein at number nine and Groundhog Day at number ten Funniest movies of all times.
Speaker 5: I'm shocked that your one of your favorite funny movies is not on the list. And I don't have your little cohort here today to do an impression. But I thought Napoleon Dina down there, Yeah, but I guess.
Speaker 1: Not so anyway, real bad, Here we go.
Speaker 5: Here we go, No Bailey Bailey's on here today Vons and I can't play along.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 5: It Sabrina Carpenter arrested someone very unique at her final concert in LA this past weekend. Here she is talking about it.
Speaker 2: Are you enjoying the show?
Speaker 3: I fews?
Speaker 5: So if you didn't realize who that was? That's miss Peggy?
Speaker 2: Oh was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love that. That is so funny. Yes, I got bad. Did they put her up on the JumboTron or something? What rest of bad news?
Speaker 6: Oh well, I was gonna I don't know if they put her up on the jumbletron. My bad news is that if you're going to Mall of America this Friday for Black Friday shopping, Jojo Sa was gonna be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you mean bad news in the sense not that you shouldn't go to the Mall of America, but because.
Speaker 2: You're definitely going, you should have to run into Jojo.
Speaker 5: It's just that you're gonna see a lot of crazy fans.
Speaker 1: There for Jojo.
Speaker 6: But JoJo's she's doing a show, and I guess she's trying to take off her singing career.
Speaker 1: Oh she's been trying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's got She's got like one song that I'm not gonna lie. I do kind of like and I can't think of what it's called right now. But it's not too bad.
Speaker 2: I'll be in the food court.
Speaker 6: I'll be it just as far or Nick, you is where I'll be away from Jo as possible.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny. A couple of more quick ones. Justin Bieber was photographed pan on a golf course in California on Sunday. This is twelve years after he was famously caught peen in a restaurant mop bucket. People gave him such a hard time for that. Damn he had to go. I'm sure that if there was a men room around, he would have gone to the men's room, but he was trapped in the kitchen somewhere. At least the kid peed in a mop bucket, is poor kid. He would get in, so he was kind of an ass clown for a while back in the day. But peeing on a golf course, man, if you have never peeed on a golf course, especially if you're a guy, and I'm gonna guess a lot of women have done it too, I know Susan has. It's like it's a no big deal. You're kind of private out there. You get behind a bench or behind a bush, you don't peel the whole line that is the dirt. You don't pee in the holes. Remember that no in dirt. Brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. And we will see you back here tomorrow for the final show before the Thanksgiving break. Have a great day and we'll see you soon on KDWB