Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 5: They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 6: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 7: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Easter Sunday, April fifth, twenty twenty six. You're back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers six and two to start this season on the road in Washington, DC as they look to finish off the Nationals and the series finale. First pitch was schedule for ten thirty five Pacific from Nationals Park. However, rain hitting our nation's capital right now, tarp is on the field and this game will be delayed to start first pitch. Nonetheless, we are off and running here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck coming up.
Speaker 4: You are gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: A lot of news off the field for the Dodgers, including Mookie Betts going to the injured list with an oblique strain. Hey Song Kim called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City.
Speaker 4: All that coming up.
Speaker 3: Over the hour, we'll get reaction from Dave Roberts, Rick Monday, David Vase. Of course we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Veas is gonna go one on one with Justin Robleski, Dodger left handed reliever. We got your Dodgers magical moment on this Easter Sunday, and shortly we will visit with Kirsten Watson live from the field with the tarp on it right now at Nationals Park, and in just a few minutes we'll check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out at the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth. Well after putting a thirteen spot up on the board on Friday in this series opener, the Dodgers came back yesterday and picked up right where they left off, getting after Jake Irvin, the starter for the Nationals. Freddie Freeman got it going with a two run double in the first Dodgers up two to nothing. Then they grabbed a three nothing leading the second on the Micguiel Rojas sack fly in the second still Dodgers up three to nothing, runners on for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: Irvan's first pitch, Freeman swings and hits it in the air right center field. This ball is carrying back and it is off the base of the wall.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman has done it again.
Speaker 2: Ambushes Jake Irvin a first pitch double that drives in another pair and makes it five nothing.
Speaker 8: La Freddy Freeman has two doubles, He's knocked in four, and he's seen a total.
Speaker 5: Of just two pitches in the game.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman the two run double, his second of the game. You can hear the chance of Freddy in the background. Sounds like Dodger Stadium, but it's National's part. With that double, number five hundred and fifty of his career, Freddie Freeman passes Chipper Jones on the all time list. Next up, ten away from tying Eddie Murray and Jeff can't. But the Dodgers were just getting started at five to nothing. Alice call and RBI single and the third Dodgers led six to nothing. Fast forward to the fifth, Dodgers up six to two, runners on for red hot Andy Potters.
Speaker 2: See if pies can stay hot. The right handed Lord sets in fires Piz hits it in the air, left field in deep. This ball is on the track. It is gone.
Speaker 9: Andy Potez cannot be stopped, sends one into the Dodger bullpen for his third home run of the year, and the Dodgers lead nine to two.
Speaker 3: Andy Potez with the three run home run. He goes three for five yesterday the three run home run. Now batting five hundred on this season, Andy Pajez is on fire to start the twenty twenty six season. Dodgers weren't done. A Kyle Tucker RBI single in the seventh made it a ten to two lead. They go on and punish the Nationals yesterday by a final of ten to five. Tyler Glass now six solid innings, two runs, four hits, nine strikeouts. Then the Dodgers bullpen finished off the last three innings. Tanner Scott put up a zero, Ben Casparius gave up a couple runs. Guardo n Riquez gave up a run in the ninth inning, but the Dodgers' lead was too big.
Speaker 4: They get the win ten to five.
Speaker 3: They're now six and two on this season and now today they go for the sweep over the Washington Nationals. Roki Susaki will get the start. First pitch was scheduled for ten thirty five, but raining in our nation's capital, tarp on the field, this game will not start on time. But we head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in on this East than Sunday.
Speaker 4: Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, All right, Tim, we are here in DC for the series finale and mo as great a weather as we got the first two games of the series. That's as bad as it looks here and now the finale will start in a rain delay. So we'll keep everybody posted as we get information here at Nationals Park. We'll passed along everybody listening in on the Dodgers Audio Network. But whenever this game does start, they have an opportunity. The Dodgers will to complete the sweep of the Nationalstroki Sasaki against Foster Griffin the starting pitching matchup. And you know, the only sour notes so far in this series has been the injury to Mookie Betts and outside of that, especially from an offensive standpoint, which garnered so much conversation and concern coming into the weekend.
Speaker 5: They've answered the bell.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and getting an update actually on Mookie Bets. Not that long ago, is it. We were told last night when he left the ball game after scoring a run at the top of the first inning that it was the right side, the lower back. Well, that has now been updated. It's the right oblique. And anything that we know about oblique injuries in the past with other players, and you know you're playing the short stop position plus swinging the bat, it's really a high risk to come back soon. Are we talking maybe a couple of weeks, So we're talking a couple of months. No one really knows, including Mookie Betts.
Speaker 2: And I think the silver lining of that is that it's happening so early in the season and there is time for Mookie to take his time. There is just no pressure for him, Hey, I got a rush back for the postseason or for anything like that. He really can just let it heal, especially given the injury because it's an oblique we know how tricky those things can be.
Speaker 8: And Steven, I think this is obviously a very good move because if you want to be able to nip it in the bud as best you can and do it early. I mean this is you look at it. This is game number nine of one hundred and sixty two to find out who's going to win and the Western Division of the National League and then go on to a postseason play. So yeah, the risk reward at the early stages this is talking about, Hey, look, let's not increase the risk.
Speaker 5: Let's put him down. Has On Kim has rejoined the ball club. He is available.
Speaker 8: But this is big concern obviously how long this is going to sideline Mookie.
Speaker 2: Betts whenever we do get rolling today, the Dodgers hope that Roki Sasaki can build on his first outing of the year. Look, it wasn't a world beating outing for him by any stretch of the imagination, but given the expectations that he had for himself going into it on the heels of a really tough spring, it was at least encouraging and so now again a building blocky hope.
Speaker 8: You use the word encouraging, and I hope that was the case, because he said after the ballgame that he did not have a whole lot of faith, if you will, and going into the experience itself. Now, I understand you know a little trepidation your first outing, but hopefully he can build back upon it because we've seen now an increase in him attacking the strike zone. And that's exactly the verbiage that Dave Roberts used before his start. Look, they want him to attack the strike zone and make the hitters really defend themselves and have to swing the bats.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he can get to the place we were discussing Tyler Glassnell, getting to where he's exactly thinking anymore. He is just able to go out pitch and compete. The Dodgers and Nationals will compete at some point on this Sunday, the game, the series finale is officially going to start in a weather delay. Whenever we have more official word, we will pass that along to you. Until then, Tim, we're gonna send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down the first pitch. Dodger fans, how about get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza. Paula, you got some time with the rain in Washington, DC, you can order your Shaky's Pizza Shakin and Mojos at shakys dot com coming up here on Marongo because he know Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Can't wait to see what he has to say about Mookie Betts going to the injured list with the oblique strain. We'll check it with David Vassay throughout the hour. Of course, we'll break down what will this pitching matchup will look like. We got your Otani rewind and next we'll head to the field. It's raining, the tarp is on it. She got an umbrella. I hope Kirston Watson from Sports to at LA will join us next. That's all coming up as we lead job to Dodgers and Nationals on this Easter Sunday.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kass the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in our nation's capital to take on the Washington Nationals. The game will start in a rain, Dela tarp is on the field. No timetable as far as win first pitch will happen as soon as we know. You will know Rokie Susaki Foster Griffin the pitching matchup when this game does get underway in Washington, DC.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 2: Here's show Hey Otani second trip to the play. He's over the one. First pitch slung on line.
Speaker 4: Through the right side into right field, a base hit.
Speaker 2: Freeland's gonna hold a third Dodgers on the corners after Oltani's one out single on base streak now at thirty nine games, tying Trey Turner's thirty nine game on base streak between the twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two seasons. With the two to two, Oltani rolls it the right side and underneath the diving second basement.
Speaker 4: V Boss into right field for a two out single.
Speaker 2: Back to back multi hit games to begin this series for Oltani, show.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani with a pair of base hits. Yesterday you heard Steven Nelson with that first hit of the day. He now extends his on bay streak to thirty nine straight games, the longest active streak currently in the major leagues.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson beg.
Speaker 3: Kirsten out joins us from a rainy Washington d C. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your little car. Donate today and your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with a Kid. The big news today Kirsten mookie Betts going to the IL.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he is so. Last night we saw that in that first inning he was able to get on base, and then we noticed after he was running the bases he was kind of walking relatively slowly or even a little gingerly as he went into the dugout quickly was taken out of the game. We call Miguel Rojas come in and play at short. So afterwards he underwent he had an MRI. Yet they had announced that he exited the game with lower back pain. But today Dave Roberts said that the MRI actually revealed a right oblique strain. Obviously, when it comes to that, you know, you never really know what the timeline could look like. A lot of people say kind of that four to six weeks. Dave did say he wasn't sure if it would be that long, but obviously, with the news of being an oblique strain, they have decided to put him on the IL. So that means that Hassan Kim's he has been recalled, is going to be activated this afternoon, and he's actually going to be stepping in at short, So we're going to be seeing a little bit of a different setup. So we'll see Miguel Rojas as well as Hassan Kim kind of platuning at short essentially, even though there will be opportunity for Rohaks to be facing right handed batters when he's playing at short, and then they're going to keep Alex Freeland at second, continuing to give him that runway.
Speaker 3: You know what's great about this Dodger's roster is you hate to see anybody get hurt, but a guy like Bookie Betch goes down Kirsten and you look at the rest of the lineup, but it's like, Okay, you got like five other all stars that can easily just pick up this lineup on any given day exactly.
Speaker 10: And you know what we're really seeing right now, how guys have gotten back on track. You know, whether it was Kyle Tucker who kind of felt when you look at those first two series on the homestand that you know, he didn't really like his swing was in the best spot and he really was trying to like swing through it, like literally, just how can I keep singing the ball, swinging the bat and seeing what I can do. We've seen him now get to DC. The results have been consistent. If you look at the first two games of this series, someone like Freddie Freeman, he of Courts, had the home run in Game one yesterday, had two doubles now at a five hundred and fifty on his career. But afterwards he said that, you know, he was doing some work in the cage and he just kind of felt like he put the bat in between his legs and make sure that he wasn't like kind of overdoing his stride or anything, and then he's able to get those results last night. So they do feel like guys have kind of turned the corner and are in a really good spot. And you're right, it comes at a good time because obviously losing movies bat in the lineup is not ideal. Even when you look at the lineup today, we've seen how Miguel Rojas is going to be batting second. But essentially you're seeing how guys can kind of step up and kind of create different ways to get looks to attack the picture. So it's not something we might see every day. Obviously, Kyle Talker will be back out there in the lineup, but Dave did say that with some of the rain that's going to be here today, it might give him some time to get a better understanding as to what the order is going to look like and the lineup's going to look like while they bets is down.
Speaker 4: Well, the rain is here.
Speaker 3: The rain is gonna be here for a little bit, but this game will get underway eventually. Kirsten, we appreciate it. Stay dry and we'll talk to you tomorrow from Toronto. We'll talk to you after the game as well. There she goes Kirsten Watson from Sports in at La. Still to come here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitch match with David Besse goes one on one with Justin Robleski. But up next we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts, Dodgers and Nationals from Rainy Washington, d C. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals Marago Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam for good times. First pitch was scheduled for ten thirty five am Pacific, but tarp is on the field.
Speaker 4: This game will start in a rain delay. When it gets started, we don't know this.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodger Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. As we've been talking about, Mookie Betts goes to the i L with a right oblique strain. Hayes On Kim gets called up from Triple A Oklahoma City. He is with the team there in Washington, d C. Mookie Betts joins Tommy Edmund Blake, Snell, Brock Stewart, Bruce Dark, gredol landon Neck, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, and keyk Hernandez All on the il Keiky and Gavin Stone on the sixty day i L working on their way back from injuries. Let's head back out to Washington, DC.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll get it up date. Let's check in with the manager.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Any Dave do you think.
Speaker 4: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 5: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 12: I see Miggie and Kim taking down short and leaving Freeland at second base, still knowing that he can play short. That's kind of having to divvy it up. And then we'll see, you know, we've got three starters in Toronto, so heysong, we'll play short, againsureser, and then we'll probably start two of the three.
Speaker 13: Dave, but MOOKI was just Harry talking to you. What's his mood? Where's he at with all this?
Speaker 12: He's actually in better spirits, you know, it's not obviously disappointed, but just the way he feels today. And I think he's had some dealings with that before and said it's better than he recalls past experience.
Speaker 5: So that was encouraging.
Speaker 6: What do you think about as far as you know obliques, they're kind of tricky. Do you feel like this could be a four to six week situation?
Speaker 12: I would take the under on that but as far as putting a timeline, I'm really hesitant right now because they are tricky.
Speaker 14: Is it more concerning than just like the back or kind of re you surprised that that ended up being the diagnosis.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think early on just kind of trying to figure out what initiated, which we didn't know where the pain was, didn't really know, so then kind of hearing oblique then it kind of gives you a little something in your stomach. But talking to Mookie, I felt a little bit more reassured today.
Speaker 4: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: He's feeling more optimistic about the injury to Mookie Betts as far as length that he'll be out, But certainly no update on the rain delay which is currently reigning in Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Will we continue here on wrong because.
Speaker 3: You know Dodgers on Tech, we'll get an update from David Vase from the booth as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals when this game eventually gets underway. Tim Katson's to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers ontach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Washington, Nationals rookie Sisaki will be on the mound today when this game eventually gets under away. Currently in a rain Dela Dodgers Baseball brought to you by El Pto, born in La and made for your game day, Alpato bringing authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces to your table. El Pato, it is gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 13: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Insider David.
Speaker 3: All Right, DV as you sit there at Nationals Park, what are we looking at right now?
Speaker 4: As far as the.
Speaker 6: Weather, Yeah, I'm actually standing Tim.
Speaker 4: As you're standing at Nationals Park, David.
Speaker 11: What does the weather look like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not looking good the rain, and right now the ground screw is squeegen the water off the tarp and look. Talking to some of the ground screw members yesterday during the ninth inning, they kind of gave me some fair warning that don't expect that this game will be played before three thirty Eastern times. So they know and have been through this many times before. There are some fans on the concourse. So we're just waiting on this easter Sunday to play some ball, all.
Speaker 3: Right, David, the big news Mookie Betts and the Old League going on the injured list. Dave Roberts kind of said, take the under as far as the injury and coming off the iel is concerned lengthwise.
Speaker 4: What are you hearing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, he also said he didn't want to put a timeline on it, and I think that's a better fair assessment. I don't think Daves has a great track record of predicting injury timeline, So let's just go with no timeline. But an oblique injury serious. You know, when you go through all that, that's gonna be some thing to keep an eye on. And it's just interesting that it happened this early in the season. It was almost ninety degrees yesterday, and I got a text from a former teammate of Mookie Betts earlier today that said they went back to watch his at bat because they Dave Roberts said, it's on the check swing, and he had three check swings actually during that at bat yesterday, And this player texts me that when he went back to look at it, it looked like it was the two to two pitch where he tweaked his oblique and Dave said he felt it running even more. Talked to Dino Ebel, the Dodgers third base coach, and I asked him if he noticed anything as Mooki was being waved home on that Freddie Freeman double in the first inning, and he said, yeah, kind of halfway between second and third, he kind of saw him kind.
Speaker 13: Of feel like he grabs something.
Speaker 6: So it was noticeable to a few different eyes yesterday in that first inning.
Speaker 3: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends in the North American Truck of the Year, Maverick everything you need in the most initiative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California four dealers today. Yesterday, Freddie Freeman passing his buddy Chipper Jones on the all time doubles list.
Speaker 13: David, Yeah, Freddy just keeps moving up that list.
Speaker 6: He had now has the thirty first most amount of doubles in baseball history. He hit five p forty nine in the first standing and then in his next at bat five hundred and fiftieth.
Speaker 13: And we caught up with Freddy after the game. Two doubles.
Speaker 6: Today, you pass your former teammate Chipper Jones on the All Times doubles list five hundred and fifty career doubles. How much do you think you might send him a text to let him know.
Speaker 11: I don't think so. But you know when you say, that's a lot of doubles, so I do.
Speaker 15: I've gotten older, Do appreciate what you know I've been able to accomplish so far in this game?
Speaker 11: Hopefully we got a lot more doubles to goo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, he keeps moving up that list, and it's gonna be a little bit of time now before he ties or passes another Hall of Famer because Eddie Murray and Jeff Kent hit five hundred and sixty doubles in their Hall of Fame career. So Freddy's ten away from time, those eleven away from passing both those guys, and Freddie himself is on his way to Cooperstown with this great career that he's had and is still going.
Speaker 3: No, David, great stuff will check back you with you just a little bit coming up here. I'm Wrongo. Because you know Dodgers on deck, you are gonna hear from Justin Rolbletski will dive deeper and what this pitching matchup is gonna look like as we lead you.
Speaker 4: Up to first pitch. When it happens weather delay.
Speaker 3: Will officially start this game, not on time schedule for ten thirty five am Pacific, one thirty five Eastern. The game will start in a rain delay because of inclement weather in our nation's capital. This is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 7: This is Wrongo Casino Doshers hunting on your home for La Dosh.
Speaker 3: Baseball Dodgers in Washington. Nationals Rookie Sasaki on the mound. The game will not start on time schedule for ten thirty five am Pacific, but inclement weather tarp on the field. We will start in a weather delay.
Speaker 7: Who wants to Hot coun It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: It's magical present by Hawpey Hot Times.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 3: In two thousand and four, the Montreal Expos played their.
Speaker 4: Final game north of the border.
Speaker 3: They would move to our nation's capital, Washington, DC and change their name to the Washington Nationals in two thousand and five. But we go back to nineteen eighty one, Game five of the NLCS in Montreal, Dodgers and the expos our own Rick Monday with one of the greatest home runs ever.
Speaker 4: Here's the three to one pitch.
Speaker 5: Shan It swung on fly ball.
Speaker 16: Center, failed Gauson going back onto the warning, tracked us and at the wall.
Speaker 13: That ball is a home run.
Speaker 8: That ball is out of here and a.
Speaker 4: Home run for Rick Monday.
Speaker 16: And the Dodger bench clears to congratulate Rick Monday, whos hit a two out home run here in the ninth inning. And it appeared that Andre Dawson had room as he went back to the fence and he just fled ran out of room as the ball cleared the fence at about the three eighty five mark, a ninth inning home run and the Dodgers have gone ahead two to one.
Speaker 3: Dodgers would get a two to one win thanks to Rick Monday's home run in Game five of the NLCS, A decisive two out home run in the top half of the ninth Inny in a Game five, creating Blue Monday in the city of Montreal, forever to come. A Haffey magical moment brought to you by a Hoffey hot Dogs. Haffey Sow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will hear from the Rick Monday and David Vass say as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals rain delay to start the day on this Easter I'm Tim Kases.
Speaker 4: The back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 3: Low Dodgers National rookie Sasaki. Foster Griffin, the veteran left tander, will be the pitching matchup. When this game eventually gets underway, we'll be in a rain delay to start for the Verizon startup. Is we now at Verizon? You can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. What are you waiting for? Visit the Verizon store today And now.
Speaker 7: Joined by David Basse, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday, No.
Speaker 6: Easter eight hunt here in Washington, d c Rick but Happy Easter, and uh, we'll spend a lot of time together.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm happy Easter to you, and everyone else said we did. I'm an Easter egg hunt the Nationals in their front office they sent up a nice little baskin has some eggs in it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's a nice beginning.
Speaker 8: I wish the weather had been the same way, but we'll work through it and eventually we'll play.
Speaker 6: I was talking to a few of the pictures, even some of the younger guys.
Speaker 5: They're still talking to you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, barely.
Speaker 6: Justin ro Blest It's early, isn't it. Yeah, it is Justin Roblesk. He's going to join us later. So I got myself tied up in a pickle earlier today. But nonetheless, we were talking about how every time the Dodgers come to Nationals Park there's always weather to factor into the series.
Speaker 8: It reminds me immediately of what Vin Scully used to say all the time, says every time the Dodgers went into Pittsburgh, there seemed to be rain, and that's something he talked about a great deal. It is amazing, though sometimes you go into the city and it's like rain. You're going the next time rain. The next time rain. So it's been kind of a crazy weather. And get ready for a nice cool weather, crisp weather when we get to Toronto sometime later tonight.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that should be exciting. We'll look ahead to me.
Speaker 5: Oh, it'll be exciting.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The question is do you get the cold shoulder to get the interrogation.
Speaker 6: I joked with Yamamoto this morning. I said, Hey, do you think you're going to get a lot of cheers in Toronto?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: He looked at me like I was from another plan.
Speaker 8: He will get many cheers in the airport either, that's for sure. And you know what, that's just the way it should be. Yeah, that's beautiful.
Speaker 5: I really look forward to that series.
Speaker 8: You know, we'll talk more about it tomorrow from Toronto, but I look forward to it because it was two very talented teams. I was telling someone yesterday, a national syndicated to sports writer. We were talking about the World Series, and I said, major League Baseball, we'll probably put that one in the time capsule because that.
Speaker 5: World Series last year had everything.
Speaker 8: And if you look at Game seven, just think of how many different highlight plays that you had. If they're not made, the games over one team is going to be the world champion. The other team's going to be the world champion. It was just a terrific series.
Speaker 6: You know what the battle is for me, Rick, when you think about this series is the fact that, Okay, let's say the Blue Jays sweep the Dodgers in Toronto in these next three days. That's not going to change anything that happened when it mattered the most.
Speaker 5: No, they cannot recall the trophy.
Speaker 6: No, no, But that's what's going to be interesting. How is Toronto going to receive the Dodgers, Because.
Speaker 8: It's all perspective. Yeah, and if you're a Toronto Blue Jay fan, is totally understandable. I mean, you know it's still hurting it. It wasn't ten long ago. Well, we start to think about it.
Speaker 6: You know, one play that doesn't get talked about enough. And again we were talking about this earlier this morning. Game six, when the ball gets wedged in the.
Speaker 5: Outfield bottom the fence, under the padding.
Speaker 6: If that doesn't get wedged, that's a live ball and the Dodgers could lose Game six and not even get to Games sex.
Speaker 5: Exactly very well taken point.
Speaker 6: Yes, when you saw that happen by the way the broadcast booth. I mean, you have pretty good eyes when you see that happen.
Speaker 13: Is that?
Speaker 6: I mean, you've got to be fit to be tied. If you're the Blue Jays and if you're the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: How many baseballs would you have to throw if you can stand ten feet away from that fence? And for those that are trying to figure out what we're talking about, the fence in the outfield has some padding on it. The padding does not go all the way down quite to the ground level that there is like an inch or two of space and fly ball happened to hit right there and wedged underneath the padding. So you throw your hands up, which was a very good thing to do, and the ball is dead at that particular moment. It's the ground real double instead of and the runners have to go back. Any runners that were there can only take the two bases as well.
Speaker 13: Justin Dean, he was the center fielder.
Speaker 5: And he played at night.
Speaker 8: But that was an excellent point, and I think that gets overlooked by a lot of people is that that play is going to be a difference. There is no Game seven if the ball does not get lodged underneath the the.
Speaker 6: Padding and the fund defense a little bit of a downer for the Dodgers. Mookie Betts will not be playing in that series. He has headed to the I L Hey song Kim is here with the Dodgers. All right, oblique strain, Rick, These can get tricky.
Speaker 8: Well, it's tricky too because last night it was lower back, is what we were told.
Speaker 5: So they got to figure it out.
Speaker 8: That's not a good injury to have from a hitter standpoint, obviously, and we understand that that may have been how it happened on the check swing. But then if you're looking at a shortstop with all the maneuvering you'd have to do physically, you know, oblaque?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 8: Is that three weeks or is it three months? We're gonna wait and see it. Hopefully it's going to be a very small amount of time. But that's gonna take that's gonna take some doing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, hopefully it's on the shorter end of things.
Speaker 8: Hey, but I was delighted to hear right off the top that some of the pictures are actually still talking to you.
Speaker 13: That's a small victory on Easter Sunday, Rick.
Speaker 8: Well, so it's a big victory for you, and it's something they might want to reve.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks a lot. Hey Easter Sunday the ex day. Yeah with Rick Monday. We'll be here for a while. I will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thank you guys. Happy Easter to both you.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by city a home preparation, precision, and an unrelenting commitment to being the best at what they do. That's what makes them a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus curing cancer. City of Hope, Champions of Hope, make an appointment today at cityo Hope dot Org. Still to come here on Morocle Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll get to a previous pitching matchup Rick and Steven. Well, we'll find out win this gable get under the way here shortly.
Speaker 4: It is a rain delay to start off.
Speaker 3: At least we know that when we continue here on the World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Washington Nationals final game of this three game set Rookie Sasaki Foster Griffin the pitching matchup. This game will start in a rain delay. Tarp is still on the field. It is pouring right now in Washington, d C. But they expect to get this game in at some point. Win still TBD. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by our friends at Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: It's a rainy easter Sunday in our nation's capital. I'm joined right now by one of the heroes from last year's World Series and obviously a very valuable member this year of the Dodgers pitching staff.
Speaker 13: And that's Justin Robleski.
Speaker 11: Happy Easter, Happy Easter, God bless.
Speaker 13: Do left handers celebrate Eastern They do.
Speaker 11: They do the contrary to popular belief.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 6: Hey, you're in a pretty special corner here with a few lefties. Is that you like they've quarantined you guys together. Would you like to be surrounded by more righties?
Speaker 11: No, I think I think it's okay.
Speaker 15: I think, you know, left these are a little weird, so we got to stick together over here.
Speaker 6: Do you have anything that we would consider abnormal as far as getting ready to pitch?
Speaker 15: Probably not find nothing too abnormal, pretty pretty standard.
Speaker 6: What's a day like this for you? I mean, obviously you and Roki are kind of synced up as far as your throw days. There's rain in the forecast. How do you stay ready, stay focused whenever you might be needed today?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think it's just same old, same as normal. Just stay ready to pitch, be ready to go, and you know, treat it as kind of a semi.
Speaker 11: Start kind of deal.
Speaker 15: But today's a little different, so we'll see all goes all right?
Speaker 6: And uh, after today, the Dodgers are headed back to Canada, Toronto, where you guys are able to pull out an incredible comeback of the World Series. How excited are you to go back there and kind of relive all that?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm fired up. I think you know, I'm excited to just go play a good team. I think that's kind of what I'm more excited about they got a great team over there, you know, a lot of really good players, So I'm excited to you know, go out there and face the challenge. So yeah, I think that's that's the most exciting part to me. And then obviously the atmosphere there is great. It's it's a really fun place to play. So I'm excited.
Speaker 6: The fans are obviously going to be as loud as they were in Game seven. We've all circled this road trip since the schedule came out. Are we a little bit more excited for this than the guys in this clubhouse?
Speaker 11: Probably? Probably?
Speaker 15: I think, you know, it's a new year. We got a lot of new faces in here. We're trying to trying to you know, win as many games as we can. And uh, yeah, I think you got to turn the page from last year. It was a great year. But I think turn the page and you know, get moved forward to this year. It's they're both different teams and so you got to figure out how we're gonna we're gonna get it done.
Speaker 6: What do you remember the most about Game six and Game seven in Toronto?
Speaker 11: So that we won.
Speaker 15: Yeah, No, I think that's you know, I think it's Blake's over here doing stuff.
Speaker 6: Blake's always trying to get in my interviews. Here, You're always trying to get in my head.
Speaker 11: I don't know if I remember.
Speaker 15: I just know as a teammate, but we remember this guy grew up into a real man.
Speaker 11: Was freaking nasty on the MAUA.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now you're a real dog, the leader of the dogs. Just and doctor neated you last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The facial hair is a little thicker too. He's a legit.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that means a lot coming from Blake, you know, such a such a.
Speaker 11: H a wise old veteran.
Speaker 15: You know, look at him, so wise experienced, right, yeah, so experienced.
Speaker 11: No, it's it's great.
Speaker 15: It's uh yeah, you know, I just remember winning those games. I think that was the most important thing to me, is just kind of getting the job done. And you know, one of the craziest World series maybe ever. So that was super cool. And you know, I think the pick for Miggy's one thing that stands out to me. I think, you know, the end of Game six with the you know, ball wedge in the wall, just some crazy stuff that happened, super super fun. I don't think I think I remember stuff that happened outside of myself more than I remember anything else, just because I just thought it was so cool, just as a.
Speaker 11: Fan of the game. So it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 13: Did you ever go back to watch any of those games?
Speaker 15: Not really, other than just like normal film stuff. I never watched like the actual like like broadcast. Maybe in a couple of years I'll do that, But you know, I never watched the actual broadcast of any of it, just just kind of clips here and there.
Speaker 13: All right, Well, thank you for the time.
Speaker 6: I know you're gonna be in high demand in Canada.
Speaker 11: Maybe so maybe so, maybe you have to hide in my hotel room.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot for the time. Congratulations and keep it going.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: There he is Justin Robleski with Will Klein and Emit Shehan to his left and he's got lefties to his right.
Speaker 5: Yeah huh. This depends which way you're looking.
Speaker 13: Yeah, where he's standing.
Speaker 6: This way it's left or okay, okay, we'll climb anyway. Justin Robleski will receive a gift card to Capitol Grill.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: He's gonna enjoy a great night and not invite Shean or Klein the Capitol Grill and Burbank an upscale, relaxed spot with a great bar, great steaks, great vibes, and a great left hander showing up for dinner soon.
Speaker 13: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Team all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: DV Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com slash us. Coming up, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. It leads up to Dodgers and Nationals. The rain delay to start today. Happy Easter, everybody up. Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio the network.
Speaker 7: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Nationals from Washington, DC. Dodgers going for the three games sweep. For this game, we'll start in a rain.
Speaker 7: Delay, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup brought to.
Speaker 4: You by your Toyota dealers. They make it easy.
Speaker 3: Foster Griffin on the mount year old left hander form her first round pick of the Royals back in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Made his major league debut in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Pitch for the Blue Jays as well, but then with the Japan for the last three years. Last year for the Umi Hummer Giants, he was an All Star fourteen appearances, six and one with a one sixty two ERA and seventy seven strikeouts and seventy eight innings of work. Signed a one year deal with the Nationals, made their rotation. In his first start, five innings, two runs, five hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Phillies. He can throw up the seven pitches fastball, cutter, sweeper, change up, splitter, curveball, and the sinker. Rookie Sasaki will pitch for the Dodgers when this game eventually gets underway. Zero to one with the two to twenty five ERA, twenty four year old right hander in the second season, throws that fastball, slider and that nasty split finger. Last year was up and down rough start, spent five months on the il, then was fantastic in the postseason. Ten and two third innings in October sub one ERA and six strikeouts. First start this year four innings, one run, four hits, four strikeouts in a loss to the Cleveland Guardians, Rookie Sasaki Foster Griffin the pitching matchup Dodgers and Nationals.
Speaker 4: When we continue, we'll get.
Speaker 3: You an update. The tarp still on the field. We'll find out next. I'm Tim Katz is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deach on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and the Washington Nationals from our nation's capital. Weather affecting the start time for this game. It was scheduled to start in about seven minutes ten thirty five am Pacific one thirty five Eastern with Rookie Susaki and Foster Griffin the pitching matchup. Those two starters will still go for the Dodgers and Nationals, but we do not have official word on his start time. We will keep you posted when that is scheduled to happen. Amateur meteorologists that I am looking at the forecast, it is still raining.
Speaker 4: Thanks to Dwyne McDonald the heads up. It is still raining.
Speaker 3: The tarp is on the field and according to the weather app it is scheduled to rain still for at least another night minutes or so, but then it's supposed to clear out and be cloudy the rest of the day in our nation's capital. So we'll get you an update with David Vasse coming up in just a little bit with Steven and Rick as well. But this game will start in a weather delay between the Dodgers and the Nationals. As we get you ready for the Sapporo start, great moments. Start with Supporo beer, whatever your taste preference. Yep, Supporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers and cleaning light and non alcoholic beers. Good with sushi, great with baseball. Again, this game will not start on time. A rain delay in Washington, DC will push to start time back win TBD. Keep it right here, We'll continue and this has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck on the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network