Speaker 1: And in the morning show on Katie w B Viki's won yesterday. Yay, she lost last night. I don't care how you feel about that. I don't really care myself that much.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And tonight it is going to be the Eagles and the Chargers. I hate the Eagles, so I'm going to be pulling for the Chargers.
Speaker 3: So yeah, a football not a football fan at all.
Speaker 4: I almost said a gold just now, but just by association next.
Speaker 5: To Philly here.
Speaker 1: They want to change the name of American football, uh to instead of football, they want to change it to something else.
Speaker 5: They want to call it pig skin. You heard about this.
Speaker 4: It is done technically soccer if you like, say it in Spanish technically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well in football, that's football in around the world, that's what they call soccer. We call it soccer.
Speaker 5: Uh. And they want to change it to something else.
Speaker 3: But pig skin is dumb. Skin is kind of did they also say butterball or yardball.
Speaker 5: Something they might have, but it's not going to change. It's still going to be football. Uh.
Speaker 1: So we're we're you know, we we basically talk about our life here on the show, and Bailey has got I don't think it's a dilemma or a decision that you've already made of what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is it's a long story short here.
Speaker 6: So I have a young woman who is kind of like my niece. So my sister dated this guy for about ten years in her twenties, and he had two kids and one a girl who was five when I met her, and his son who was two. And they for a while, like when my sister and I still lived at home with my mom, these kids were also kind of living with us too, and so I've watched these kids like grow up. And then my sister and her boyfriend broke up, and I kept in contact with his daughter. Her name is Jaden, and so Jaden now is eighteen, and I see Jaden probably once or twice a year, but we still stay in contact, like over Instagram. She's a senior in high school now and her parents do not care about her. So she left her mother's house because you know, fundamental differences.
Speaker 3: She moved in with her dad.
Speaker 6: And he's the one that dated my sister, and he's kind of you know, flighty as well, like left the state to kind of go find himself in Colorado, like right, when Jaden was starting high school, got someone else pregnant in Colorado. So he's got a kid in Colorado. He left his two kids in Minnesota. He ended up coming back to Minnesota. It's a weird, long story. So Jade was living with him and then she was on a school trip and he texted her saying that he lost to their apartment and so then he moved in with some random like friend of his and essentially said, Jaden, good luck to you. And she wasn't like a I guess not allowed, but like wasn't welcome back in her mother's home or didn't want to go back to her mother's home for whatever her reasons are. So she lived with her boyfriend and now she's living with her friend, which is, I mean great, I'm glad that her friend has you know, a bit.
Speaker 5: But the offshoot is she wants to move you want her to move in with you?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So the so now Jaden.
Speaker 6: Is applying for colleges all around the state and she asked me the other day, if I get into a college down by you can I live with you? And I sat on it for maybe like five hours, and then I just said, like we would have to talk about it more and like figure it out some more, because in my brain, like she'll go to college, she'll meet friends, and then her and her friends will all move in together, like that's how it works in college. So that's kind of like my thought process. But I want her to have a home. She deserves a home. She deserves to have one singular adult person who cares about her. And if that's me, then it's me. She can't move in with my sister. My sister has, you know, a family, and I have nothing, like I have a cat, like so, and I'm planning on buying a house eventually, Like right now, if she moved in with me, it would be kind of crappy because I live in a one bedroom apartment. But if I buy a house, like I could even be looking for a house that.
Speaker 5: Way, when thinking about when you think about having her move in.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be until she starts college, so now.
Speaker 5: Which is next August, Okay.
Speaker 3: Probably, so it would be a while.
Speaker 6: And she and she said, it's if she gets into a school down here, she might end up going to a school somewhere else. I feel like her situation is primed her for some like good scholarships potentially, like she has nothing.
Speaker 3: She just has nothing, and she.
Speaker 6: Is such a good kid, so it would be different if she was like kind of a screw up, you know, and like, well.
Speaker 1: That's my big question, is like my first response is no, they're family members of mine that would love to move in with me. I would not let them because they are kind of lifelong screw ups and they would continue to be. I think that sometimes, you know, we all look at like, if we do right.
Speaker 5: For the world, the world will.
Speaker 1: Do right for us. And it doesn't always work that way. It's like, Okay, if you give your bum of a sister a thousand dollars, you think, okay, this is going to give her her struggle, she'll blow it on nails and pizza and weed, and then one another thousand dollars. So I think sometimes we look at some people and we go we want to help them. They'll go ahead and they'll do exactly what they should do. And it's not always that way. But you say, she's not a screw up.
Speaker 6: No, she's not like that at all. She's like, you know, in NHS or whatever, she just did her like school play. She was like never allowed to really be involved in school.
Speaker 5: So what would you do? What would you do?
Speaker 1: You think that Bailey should let her sort of niece move in, So would you call her your niece? Would you let her move in? I would approach with caution, That's just me because I know that you're a wonderful person, You're very giving. But I would approach with caution because what you don't want is for her to get there. Then you're trapped. She doesn't have anywhere to go, and now she doesn't have anywhere to go. And if she's responsible, great, but if she's irresponsible, what do you.
Speaker 7: Think, Jenny, Yeah, I mean I think Bailey has the kindest heart ever, and like it's amazing that she's willing to do this. I just know if I was in the same position, I would try to help her find and housing the best I could to not have to have her live with me. I don't think I could do it at this point in my life. But Bailey is a better person than me in that way then.
Speaker 6: And I don't think I'm like a better I don't think I'm better than anybody. I just like because people are saying, like, well, this is going to disrupt your life, but like my life has been the same for my like for the foreseeable like past, I've.
Speaker 3: Had the same exact life.
Speaker 6: So if this is the first thing that's disrupting my life and it's for somebody I care so much about, then it's worth it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My concern is just we had to take a break.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I do want to hear what you want to say on but we do need to take a break. I'd love to hear what you say too, because I think this is a really it's a wonderful thing. But I just don't want you to look at the world in rose colored glasses and think it's all going to turn out.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: I want you to examine it for a while and think about whether it's a good idea. And my worry is that she'll get there and then you'll be trapped in an ugly situation and she'll have nowhere to go. I want to hear what you think. We'll come back in a second on KDWB. Oh my God, we're on TV.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Check us out on YouTube Dave Ryan TV. We are going to do a Christmas wish coming up. Masscara Alert coming up in about another ten to fifteen minutes. Live as it happens on Katie abb So, Bailey has somebody who's close to her that she calls her her niece because she's not really her niece, but she feels like a niece. She's eighteen and she has not good parents. No, that's just the way it is. And so Bailey is thinking about letting this person, her niece, move in with Bailey because she has really where is she living now?
Speaker 6: She lives in Duluth with She lives with a friend of hers that she met at church and her their family is letting Jaden live with them until.
Speaker 3: School is over.
Speaker 5: How long is she live there now?
Speaker 3: She's only been there a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Where does she live before that?
Speaker 3: Her boyfriend's house?
Speaker 5: What happened there? Just broke up?
Speaker 3: No, they didn't break up.
Speaker 6: She said that living with him was kind of affecting their relationship because they didn't have like their own private spaces because they weren't expecting to bring in Jayden because her dad. She was living with her dad, and then her dad lost the apartment. They got, you know, evicted from the apartment, and he essentially told Jayden good luck man.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, if you had good parents that took good care of you and were responsible and set you on the right path. Thank them as often as you can. Thank them frequently. Because I had such great parents. We never struggled with, like you know, we're like any kind of problems or losing the house or anything like that. So if you are, you are very blessed. If you have good parents. I know that mom drives you crazy sometimes, but you were very blessed. So the question is you've already decided to do this, and she'll move in at the end of next August when she starts school with you.
Speaker 6: If well, yeah, that's if she gets to She said, if I get into a school down there, can I move in with you? And in my brain I think, well, you should live in the dorm so you can create a community. But if she's gonna need somewhere to go on breaks, weekends, whatever, I want my house and someone who loves her to be that spot for her.
Speaker 5: Okay, not a full time move, it's just like weeks and weekends and that type of thing.
Speaker 3: We would have to talk about it. She just asked, can I move in with you?
Speaker 1: And I said yes, okay, So we're looking at different opinions here, and there's all kinds of different opinions and experiences. We're going to talk to Kelly first, randomly. Kelly, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea?
Speaker 5: What do you think, Kelly?
Speaker 3: I think this is Kelly is online a lot?
Speaker 5: Is this? Leah? I what's your name?
Speaker 9: My name is Leah?
Speaker 5: Okay, Leah, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 10: I think it's a good idea. It's something that my mom did when I was younger, and it worked out incredibly well for my friend. If she hadn't done it to help her out, she probably would not be where she is today, super successful nurse. I just think if it's something that you can do, you should do it weekends is holidays. You're going to give her a chance she might not otherwise have.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you know I've made a difference. I didn't realize it. It was going to be like you hope she gets into a dorm. She doesn't get into the dorm. If she can live with you full time, I.
Speaker 6: Mean that's she I don't know if she really has like a lot of knowledge of how you know, like dorms and like college stuff works. So she's like, well, if I live with you, I'll save money so I don't have to spend it on dorms. And I'm thinking, like, let's get you a scholarship for free room and board because I need you to live in a dorm so you can create like community, fine friends, because that's you're gonna end up living with those people anyway, Like I lived with people from college all the time.
Speaker 5: Kelly, what did you think? What did you and you have an opinion?
Speaker 9: Kelly, I just think that what Bailey is trying to do is great, and if it's on weekends and holidays, wonderful, But I think full time. You know, you have to remember this is a girl you said didn't have a lot of extra things in high school. So she's also eighteen. She's going to want to be doing things that maybe Bailey doesn't agree with, or things that Bailey might be surprised by.
Speaker 6: I know, I get what you mean, because like obviously, when we're all eighteen, like young, especially you know, in early twenties or whatever, we're gonna be like crazy, like let's go party, party, party, And I just don't think that she's that kind of person. It would it would be so much easier for me if she was kind of like a some kind of screw up, you know, like doing making bad choices.
Speaker 3: But she's so like I don't know.
Speaker 6: I can't describe her because obviously no one on the show knows who she is except for me. But I mean a lot of people are texting in saying like it sounds like she has zero like positive adult role models, and that's all I want to be for her and have have her have a home. So even if like yeah, like if she has her boyfriend over and I'm like, oh gosh, this guy again, it's like a price I'm willing to pay, like as long as she's not doing drugs in my house, like and I she wouldn't as far as I know, she wouldn't.
Speaker 3: If and if she did, then I don't know her.
Speaker 6: At all, I guess, but I feel and I understand what people where people are coming from with that, like you're gonna regret it, You're gonna regret it.
Speaker 1: Well, I just worry for you because I you know, you've got a great little life. I know that you've got you know, you live alone, and you've got you know, the opportunity to do it. I just want it to work out, right, But because I worry that if for whatever reason, it doesn't work out, now she's there with nowhere to go, then what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Then where are you playing?
Speaker 6: And then couldn't I be like a stepping stone for her to figure it out? Because like, I don't think she has someone to help her. She doesn't know how to drive. Like she has a job, so at least she's like, you know, she's worked in a couple of jobs before, so she has that drive, but like she needs somebody to teach her how to drive. She needs somebody to be like, hey, I found this cool job for you, maybe you could do this, or hey, what are your hopes and dreams?
Speaker 3: Where do you want to go with your life? Let's make it happen for you? Because she doesn't have that.
Speaker 1: Here's a couple of time we had a tone of text messages a lot of people who had experiences. Yes, let her move in. Every kid deserved to have one adult who showed him love. I took in two of my nieces at separate times while raising two of my own. It wasn't always easy, but never once regret it, and their both told me the impact that it made to have someone who they could trust, someone who helped them is someone who they could rely on. And I think sometimes it's true that somebody like that will move in with someone who's a little bit sketchy, and the sketchy person does not make their life better, it makes it hard on everyone.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you this, Sily, do you think if she does move in, are you gonna set like kind of strict to ish ground rules to the extent of, like, I know you're in college, but like we're not going to be up partying until you in the morning. Like yeah, you think you'll set those boundaries at least.
Speaker 6: For me, Yeah, because I don't think she would like go out of her way to break any of those. And also, like, depending on where I buy a house, it's not like I'm buying a house in dinky town, you know, So it's not like she can.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I'm gonna go walk over because she can't drive.
Speaker 6: So it's not like she's gonna be out partying and then like stumble in because what if I live in Saint Louis Park, you know.
Speaker 3: And I think it's just so that.
Speaker 6: She has a stable place to call her own which she has not had so long.
Speaker 1: So there's somebody like that in my family, and I won't be specific, but there is somebody who had not the best parents. They raised her and gave her a place to live in food and that type of thing, but they did not set her on the right path. And to this day she is still struggling right And she'll put up something on Facebook that says, hey, can anybody give me money for gas or groceries? Because I don't have anything right now. Yeah, and it's because of a lot of bad decisions, because she never really learned to make good decisions.
Speaker 5: So that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I admire you for considering it, because I'm a turd and I would be like, can you move in with Jenny? Maybe your uncle Carl. Carl's got a lot of room, Carl, can have you come move there?
Speaker 3: Can I read something?
Speaker 6: Mean? Somebody just says to me, Bailly will bail out of the show due to this niece. Bailey's trying to be a mom because she can't have one of her own children.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was pretty that jumped.
Speaker 6: Me write that in Yeah, come on now, hey, you know what You're right, I don't have a kid. I don't have a family. If this is the family that I get dealt with in my entire life, then this is the family I want.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 4: I want you to be able to do this because you're able to, you know, and I'm glad that you're helping somebody, But I want you to be able to still stand on your two feet. I'm not saying that you know that will happen, but you know you you're content with the life that you have. You know, you have cap and you have your one bedroom apartment. I don't want it to become too much for you then both of you suffer.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe I.
Speaker 6: Just maybe I need a change, like because I've you know, I've had the same life for a long time. So like, if this is the change, maybe she can be better for me too.
Speaker 4: What if Michael Jackson say I'm going to make a change for once in mine.
Speaker 1: Well, remember Michael let Jermaine move in with him because Jermaine didn't have anything else.
Speaker 5: So kd W B. Let's cover the dirt, o't gay.
Speaker 1: If you want a holiday playlist guaranteed to make everybody happy. They did some research and they found out that there are twenty very happy Christmas songs. We will cover the top three happy Christmas songs at number three.
Speaker 5: But a bright time.
Speaker 3: It's the right time to rock the way.
Speaker 8: Jingle.
Speaker 1: But now they base this on it's got to be in a major key, lively and vibrant vocals at tempo between one hundred and PM and of course that's simple yet catchy. Here is the number two happiest Christmas song.
Speaker 3: At Lea's.
Speaker 1: Leise and the number one happiest Christmas song, will get.
Speaker 7: Your s little deal?
Speaker 3: Will you hate you.
Speaker 11: A lot?
Speaker 5: I'll play now on Cool.
Speaker 7: All right, jumping the gun here a little bit with fifty Cent, who is absolutely being the most petty guy I've ever met in my life. And honestly, I'm kind of here for it because you know, the documentary came out that he did produce whatever on Netflix this last week about Diddy, and he sat down with Good Morning America, which broadcasts on ABC, and he specifically picked ABC because it's one of the few channels that he knows is broadcast in prison, so that Didty could see the interview with him and his little smile on his face the entire time.
Speaker 5: Wait, well, let.
Speaker 1: Me tell you I watched the entire documentary. Diddy was way worse than anybody could have imagined. He was abusive, he was violent, He was is a criminal. He stole money from people. He wouldn't pay these starving artists that worked for him.
Speaker 3: Did.
Speaker 1: He would put himself into everybody's video so he would get paid for a role in the video, even if he shouldn't have been in the video.
Speaker 5: Did.
Speaker 1: He was an awful and probably still is an awful person. I'm on Curtis's side on this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you see the interview whenever, Well, it's in that interview where the asked him about his favorite villain?
Speaker 5: Who your favorite villain?
Speaker 8: Never mind? Don't know why that sounds like, Oh, I say, who's your favorite villain?
Speaker 3: And he's like.
Speaker 4: I like Diddy and he's just like like I like him as a villain. Fifty is just such a stir as the pot messy energy person.
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 7: Well only with people that he thinks deserves it though. Yeah, that's the thing about him that I.
Speaker 5: Can did he deserves it?
Speaker 1: Seriously watched the documentary and you're like, oh, man, I knew did he was a bad boy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he was a bad human.
Speaker 3: I just like that. You're like, I like what Curtis said. You guys are on a first name basis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me and Curtis, Yeah, you would hang out.
Speaker 1: He's so funny because Curtis came to the radio station one time years ago and he comes in and I thought he'd be all like, you know, thug life and bad ass and not talk to you know whatever. He's like, hey, how are you And I'm like, oh, I'm Dave. He's like, I'm Curtis. Good to meet you, and I'm like, wow, he's just super friendly. The in for a play date like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I shared cheese and crackers.
Speaker 6: Vant Your world and My world are coming together. Vans launched a collectionist shoes featuring K Pop Demon Hunter characters, which vant you still have to see. It's an objectively good movie. So starting today, all of the Van's brick and mortar stores are going to offer shoes that have a bunch of different K Pop Demon Hunter characters on it, which is great because there are no toys that you can buy for Christmas, not until April, I believe, which is bonkers that they didn't get those toys out in time for Christmas. But you can get K pop demon Hunter shoes advans.
Speaker 4: That's exciting. Yeah, disney World is doing this. It's one of a kind. It's a uh it's called a disney World Wish Come True. It's Lacey Shabbert, the girl we know for was it Mean Girls?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mean Girls?
Speaker 4: And she because she does all the Christmas movies, she has a special coming out.
Speaker 12: I'm incredibly excited. I'm so honored to share. But I will be starring in the all new twenty twenty six Hallmark Christmas movie Holiday Ever after disney World Wish Come True, filming right here on location at Walt Disney World Resort.
Speaker 7: She's found that I feel like she's been in a few sper cheesy. Yeah, Netflix movie is anything.
Speaker 3: I do definitely like some of them.
Speaker 7: However, I will say I watched a movie this weekend where a woman pretends to be Santa so she can work at a ski resort to get her daughter a discouns so her daughter can go to some snowboarding school. It was awful. This isn't though, I okay, no, this isn't her at all. It's just a new one that came out. It's called My Secret Santa, and it was like on another level of corny that I feel like I just couldn't get into. So it was a movie I had on in the backgroum for like feel good reasons, but not because I was like entertained whatsoever.
Speaker 4: The only reason I'm low key excited about this is because it's a Disney World thing, the one in Florida, and it's the first of its kind. If you've ever watched I think it's on Disney plus Disney Weddings.
Speaker 8: I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually a really nice fit, like you watch people have their weddings at Disney. As corny as it sounds, it is a bit magical. It is magical.
Speaker 6: I have actually I have a friend who got married at Disney, which is so Bonker's expensive and you have to wait until the park is closed, so you either have to get married at like six in the morning or at like nine point thirty at night.
Speaker 3: To get married at Disney, they close it down for you.
Speaker 7: They allow you to have a like cap of amount of people that.
Speaker 3: You were allowed to bring. I don't know, I think I don't. I don't know. If I was.
Speaker 7: Probably like I guess if you have Disney all to yourself. You probably they probably don't care that much amount of people, but then they probably have to like escort you around.
Speaker 3: Though you know that sounds great. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I know it's all great, but on a horse drawn carriage, yeah, sign.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 7: In the last Katy Perry won super Instagram Official with Justin Trudeau, so was the former Canadian Prime minister. And apparently she plans to release her eighth album in the beginning of next year, in the first half, I should say. And you know, when she was recording this during her like tumultuous year with breaking up with Orlando Bloom, there.
Speaker 3: Were some songs that were written about him.
Speaker 7: But now people are wondering if those will even make the cut because now she's in a happy relationship. So is she gonna like go out there and talk about heartbreak.
Speaker 4: Probably not on she deserves a win, though she needs a win after the big year she's had.
Speaker 5: She does seem seriously.
Speaker 7: I mean, of course it's Instagram, it's the highlight reel of life. But she seems pretty happy with this guy. There's a video they had of each other and they just like looked at each other with those googly.
Speaker 3: Eyes of like, oh, you're the one for me.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the Dirk brought to you by sixty one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Let's get into it right now. Live another Christmas Wish on KDWB one.
Speaker 5: On one point three kt W The Dave Ryan in the Morning Shows Christmas Wish.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Melissa, Good morning Melissa. You've been listening to KTWB for how long?
Speaker 3: Since? I was in third grade?
Speaker 5: Third grade?
Speaker 3: And I'm not a young human.
Speaker 1: No, you're old now, stop it, stop it, stop it. You are you're a teacher.
Speaker 3: An educator. I'm an administrator.
Speaker 5: I see.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so how do you know Ingrid that you're doing the wish for today?
Speaker 13: Ingrid is an employee at our school and has been for quite some time. And her children, two of her four children went through our school as well.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 13: She's a pair of professional at our school and is kind of the heart and soul and then also works in the office in the summertime.
Speaker 5: Okay. And she's been really going through it.
Speaker 3: Lately, really going through it lately.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just uh, she's on her second round of cancer, head cancer. During COVID fought it and then it is it's back Ingrid is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet. She's got a heart of gold and is truly the most positive person. She's kind of the heart of the school because of her positivity. It just radiates every just love people like that. Yeah, we we just love to be around her. She lights up a room, every room and it's never a wooe is mee situation?
Speaker 1: Isn't that amazing? Because there are people who are like that. Moon Over at KS ninety five was like that. He was very sick, and that guy was just always full of jokes and how are you and he would never complain. There are people like that. We're gonna get on the phone with her in a second. First, I want to check in with our boy. We call him Brandon from Uh He's sorry, Brandon from College Muscle Movers.
Speaker 5: Hi, Brandon, good morning. What city are you in this morning? Brandon?
Speaker 3: I'm in Chaska, Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Just down the road from chan happening. Yeah, thanks for doing this. If you want to move and you're we're gonna be We soon get a hold of Brandon at College Muscle Movers. It's college musclemovers dot com. Correct, Brandon will come to your house. We'll pack everything up. He promises not to break anything, uh and get it all move to your new location.
Speaker 5: Brandon.
Speaker 1: Thanks for delivering the wish this morning. We'll check back if we need you. We're going to call.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call Ingrid's daughter.
Speaker 5: Okay, to make sure we get.
Speaker 3: Ahold of somebody.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, Jenny, if you will call this number right there, Jenny, that is the number we're gonna call live for Christmas wish and deliver the wish as it happens here on katogb work top line, top line. Okay, there we go. Hello, Hello, Hey, it's Dave over at KATWDB. Can I talk to Ingrid?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hi, Ingrid?
Speaker 8: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Good Ingrid? It's like I said, it is Dave over at KATWB radio, and I'm here with a coworker slash friend of yours, Melissa.
Speaker 5: Say hi, Melissa, Hi, Ingrid.
Speaker 3: Patty's here too, just so you know.
Speaker 14: Oh gosh, guys, Hi.
Speaker 5: Would you have any idea why we're calling?
Speaker 14: I have no idea.
Speaker 11: Chelling.
Speaker 1: So we do a thing over at katia be called Christmas Wish We've done it for years, and we try to find people who are going through something, a challenge, a struggle, uh, and we want to make your day a little bit brighter. So we ask people who listen to the show to tell us about somebody who they know that could use what we call a Christmas wish. And that is when Melissa wrote in to tell us about you, Ingrid, and she wrote us a letter to tell us your story. If you got a minute, can I have Melissa read that story to you? Yeah, okay, whenever you're ready, Melissa, Okay, it's okay. She's got it on her phone. She's got to find it here, take your time. This all happens live. So okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Dear Katie W. B.
Speaker 13: I am writing this letter on behalf of our amazing charter school community, for our dear friend Ingrid. Ingrid moved to Minnesota from Florida around nine or twenty eighteen as a single mom so her kids could have an exceptional education. She applied to work as a para at our small charter school and has been working with us ever since. During COVID, Ingrid received devastating news that she had cancer. However, Ingrid was strong and resilient. She worked the entire time during her treatment and had the most positive attitude. Ingrid went into remission. However, last month found out her cancer was back. As devastating as this news was, Ingrid has begun her treatment plan once again with positivity and resilience. Ingrid is one of the most generous people I know. She would literally do anything for anyone. She is so critical to our small community in his love by all. If you ask any of the middle school students who their favorite person is, it is always Ingrid. She lights up every room that she enters, and I know the holidays are causing a burden on her right now. Our school's Christmas wish is that Ingrid could have some relief during the holiday season and shower her with love so her worries and burdens can be lessened. Thank you so much, Katie w B for making this wish happen. We love you so much, Ingrid.
Speaker 1: Ingrid, It's obvious that you're just one of those amazing people that is all about everyone else and never about you or your challenges, and we love you for that. And there's obviously a lot of love that your school wants to share with you, and so we are doing some things just to make you smile, make the girls smile. We have Jamie, no James, James a boy. Jamie's a boy, and Madison is thirteen, and we have some things for your family just to make you smile and to make you make it so you know that you're appreciated and uh and supported and cared for. So that's what we do with Christmas wish. So let's start off with Madison. Madison is your thirteen year old she's fourteen. Now, okay, we heard that she loves Starbucks. Is this true?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: Good, good good, So we got her just some things. We got her one hundred dollars Starbucks gift card and a Starbucks tumbler and ornament.
Speaker 5: I guess that you know. That's that's what she's got to have.
Speaker 1: Also some different nail polishes and a Shields gift card. So she's into sports athletics.
Speaker 3: I think Jamie is, but either the whole family.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, and we got a two hundred dollars Ulti Beauty gift card too. For Jamie, your eighteen year old boy, we got him a two hundred dollars Shields gift card.
Speaker 5: He's a Steeler. Is this Steelers fan? Is this the story?
Speaker 11: He is a Steeler?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. We got no.
Speaker 1: We got Steelers everything. We got Steelers flannel, we got Steelers this, we got Steelers that, so that'll all be delivered to the house. We got a like a Nike hoodie and just some other goodies for the kids, so they'll have something. I know you'll have some things under the tree. Do you have a tree up yet, Ingrid.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a Charlie Brown tree, but I like it.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, good.
Speaker 1: So I mean, even with all these things going on, you're still, you know, concerned about making Christmas wonderful. You're for your kids, right, absolutely, of course. Well there's things for you too, mom. We've got first of all, we're gonna send you over to Target. We got a two hundred dollars Target gift card to pick up whatever you need, whether it's fun stuff or whether it's tiede laundry detergent and bounced dryer sheets, whatever you need over there. A two hundred dollars Amazon gift card, a fifty dollars Crumble Cookie gift card. The word is you love peanut butter cookies.
Speaker 5: Is this true, okay?
Speaker 1: And we're going to send you out to Woodhouse to do the massage and the spa day and you can find out more on Woodhouse spas dot com. Thanks to those guys for helping us out and for the whole family. We got a two hundred dollars Crispin Green gift card. That's a lot of salad. Shout at it is a lot of salad. Shout out to Alex, Talia, Jeremy, Liz and the entire Crispin Green team over in Chan Happening and Plymouth for their donation. One hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift card thanks to Sarah everybody at Broadway Pizza, and then even Oil Changes thanks to Aiming and everybody at Valveelin for that. And one hundred and one dollar Holiday Station Stores gas card and those are all for you.
Speaker 5: Is it going to change your life?
Speaker 1: Probably not, But we just want you to feel the love and appreciation and support from your community and your teachers, your your fellow educators and everybody here and who listens to Katie WB to make your holiday a little bit more bright.
Speaker 14: Okay, I really appreciate it and I love them too, very much.
Speaker 3: We love you, Ingrid. Thanks guys, of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah. How are you feeling today, Ingrid?
Speaker 10: I actually I'm feel really good and I did my makeup and takes a lot of guys.
Speaker 5: Time time for a duel over.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so you're undergoing you're undergoing the the treatment or you're going back to treatment?
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 1: I'm yeah.
Speaker 11: This is Friday.
Speaker 10: Will be my fifth Cara chemo, fourth or fifth chreatment.
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we wish you nothing but the very best in your challenges with your health.
Speaker 14: And yeah, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people really appreciate you. And the kids too. Where are the kids this morning?
Speaker 11: I have Madison here.
Speaker 14: Jamie's not present at the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he's still sleep and get that kid up.
Speaker 3: Get that kid up.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we get a chance to do this for you, and just hope you feel all the love and support from your community and your friends.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 3: We'll see you later, Ingrid.
Speaker 11: All right, seeing a few.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You're gonna go to work today. Can't you give her the day off?
Speaker 13: I try, Christmas is having a day off.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Bring happy holidays Merry Christmas.
Speaker 14: So much Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: And that is Christmas Wish on KDWB, brought to you by Holiday Station Stores, Treasure Island Resort and Casino. We raised about twenty five hundred dollars on Saturday with a live podcast and we're so happy about that. Oh, I've got money in my pocket from Juanita. Juanita Wanita gave me extra money. So so there there's an extra money from Juanita.
Speaker 3: So hey, Christmas wish money.
Speaker 1: Hey smells sweeter Christmas Wish on kd WB. Christmas Wish on What Good Rich, Most Wish what point three KDB. I'm gonna give shout out to everybody who came to the live podcast. On Saturday. We did a live podcast of the Minnesota Goodbye, which if you don't know what it is, it's our after the show podcast, and we had a lot of fun. Somebody said the only problem I had with it was it was too short. We went for an hour, but maybe.
Speaker 5: People want a little bit more. But we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Whan Nita was there, Mike was there, Secretary Brie was there, but yet your friend Tony was there.
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of fun and if you want to see I think it still lives on YouTube. If you want to go on YouTube and search for Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 3: Or on the iHeartRadio app you can listen to it there.
Speaker 1: To listen there as well. And we raised, like I said, about twenty five hundred dollars. Was helps out hugely with Christmas Wish. And if you want to nominate somebody for Christmas Wish, go online to KDWB dot com slash wish. You're going is it too late? No, We're going to fish do wish all this week, all the next week and possibly if we have enough money, and maybe we will and maybe we won't to do with the two days right before Christmas break starts, so Monday and Tuesday of the following week, so at least another two weeks or so, Katie, and donations are key. We really need donations. We get a lot of help from people who listen to the show. If you want to make a big donation, it is tax deductible and we take very good care of your money. We call every single wish to kind of do a background check if you will, and make sure that they still need the wish and make sure there's not other big funding because a lot of people are like, yeah, we put together a go funding and raise twenty eight thousand dollars. Well that's great, but then we probably won't be able to help with that wish because there are some that they just don't have that. So go nominate and go donate please. It's kind of a fun story. I asked her if she would be on the air, and she said, well, I guess so, because it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 5: Megan.
Speaker 1: First of all, congratulations Megan, newly engaged, engaged.
Speaker 14: It's really excited.
Speaker 5: But I'm good for you. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: So, but there's a little bit of a problem that you haven't addressed with your fiance.
Speaker 5: What is the problem? What's going on?
Speaker 14: I mean, I would like to preface this by like, I'm very excited by being engaged, and I'm very happy with everything. But the ring is a really big and I don't mean like it's too big, like it's gonna fall off my hand. I mean like it's a solitaire and it's like two and a half carrots, and like I'm small, you know what half is?
Speaker 5: Two and a half is pretty basis size.
Speaker 1: It's a it's double the size of a tick tack, I would say, probably double the size of a yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I'm just like it's a little goudy, like I feel just I don't know. I'm like, it's tacky to have him I'll ring this big and like do I do I say something, because then do I come off I'm grateful, like I know, you know, he had to save up all a lot to get it for me, and I don't want it to be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, depending on the quality, that's probably that's probably at least a ten thousand dollars diamonds. Depending on the quality, it could be up to many thousands, many dozens of thousands, it depends on the quality.
Speaker 14: But he spent a lot of money bad to be like, oh, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: I would from a guy's perspective, when a guy buys you a big ring, it's because he loves you so much that he wants you to like he wants the world to see I bought her a giant ring.
Speaker 14: You going down the okay ring, Okay.
Speaker 3: You're a little bit more modest.
Speaker 7: I can tell then, because like if someone got me a ring that was too big.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, hell, yeah, yo, baby, Well you also.
Speaker 5: Have giant hands. Why you're you're a giant man hands?
Speaker 7: Well they're They're not giant in the sense that they're like long or anything. They're just like they're thick sausages.
Speaker 5: She can pull them a basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this girl's got dainty, little princess hands.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I'm just I'm just a girl.
Speaker 5: Does it I mean does it? Does it?
Speaker 1: Is it one of those stones that's just a solitaire that's gonna catch on your sweater when you put your coat on.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay, it's out there for for everybody, dissy like, I mean, it could go on top of the Christmas tree.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna get.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna get used to it? You've worn it now for a week and a half. Are you gonna get used to it? Because you will get used to it?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean, I'm not worried so much about like it being a hindrance to me as much as like, does it look ridiculous? You know, like no, look like does it look tacky?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 14: I don't know, like.
Speaker 5: Am I Okay, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 14: Thinking too much about this?
Speaker 5: You probably are.
Speaker 1: But but if you don't like it, that's your perfect right to not really like it because it's too big. But I will say two and a half carry, which is not ridiculous. You go go to Cove and why is that at some time and look at the rings on some of the people in Cove. They are ridiculous because it's like that's an eight carrot ring the size of a peanut, M and M. Yeah on this and that that. I mean, good for you if you can afford it, that's great, but that's a lot of rings.
Speaker 7: Someone texted and said, Dave, you're way off on the price. My two carrot diamond was twenty eight thousand.
Speaker 5: That's what I mean. It depends on the quality of the diamond.
Speaker 6: I just think though, if it's if it feels like costume jewelry to you and it's like gaudy, you have to wear it forever. So if you don't say something now or try, you know, like I don't know, fix it now, then you're gonna be wearing it forever and just like take it to your grave, which I mean, hey, maybe you should take it to your grave.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Megan and maybe so she'd make it is that she got a ring for a proposed and engaged on Thanksgiving break and the ring is a two and a half carrot diamond, and she's like, it's too big.
Speaker 5: It's not me.
Speaker 1: Here's a text that says may It says my steak is too my steak is too juicy, and my house is too nice. Enjoy your ring and flaunt it.
Speaker 14: Like, yeah, I feel like these are definitely like champagne problems. But I'm also like, you're right, this is something I have to wear for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we have somebody on the phone here, Bailey, not our Bailey, but another Bailey. What do you think about the ring? Should she stop complaining and just enjoy it? Or what do you think? Bailey?
Speaker 11: Uh? Hello, so I am actually in the same exact situation right now. Oh I got proposed to over thanks Giving break. It is way too large. Mineus five carrots.
Speaker 1: And like it looks like wait, vont stopped damning?
Speaker 14: What she it looks like a what it looks like costume jewelry?
Speaker 11: Like said when I got it, and I was waiting for the ohaha, but you can pick out your own And that never happened. That shoe never dropped and I'm like, oh, this is the real thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Davecy said it was five carrots.
Speaker 1: That's got five carrots, five carrits is comparable to probably about.
Speaker 5: An M and M right, well maybe larger, maybe larger than it's worth dam So that's worth the damn.
Speaker 11: To be you're wearing this thing around. I used my hands all the time, and that was kind of my out. So I was I you know, I mentioned multiple times like I used my hands, I boked, I do woodworking, like it gets in the way. So that was an easy out for me. But for the collar, the other out I had was it holds out my hair, it hurts my hand, it gets caught on my jeans. Like I just started mentioning those things. And then I was like, hey, like sat down one day and I was like, hey, maybe we need something more practical rather than saying it's ugly, and was the costumes. You know, it's just something a little more rapid.
Speaker 1: Did he or they? Did they go out and like pick one that's more agreeable.
Speaker 11: Uh, yes, we have looked a few times and are trying to find trying to go to the middle ground. Okay, but was definitely respected to the conversation after I said it pulled out my hair.
Speaker 1: Okay, it didn't hurt his feelings because I guess if a guy gets you were anybody gets you a five carrot ring, he is saying, I love you so much. I could have got a used Camaro for that kind of money, but I bought something for you instead. No regrets that.
Speaker 11: You told him, No regrets.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Bailey. Laurie is on the phone. What is your advice? Megan got a ring. It's too big. It's like the diamond is too big. She thinks it's gaudy, it's not her. What should she do? What was your experience, Laurie.
Speaker 15: Well, High morning crew. I would keep it no matter how big it is. If someone loves you that much, you should look at it every day and say somebody loves me that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that's very true. Thank you bunch of text messages too.
Speaker 6: I you know what, I have a feeling though, Like you know how people get a ring and then they start wearing those like silicone rings because they're like, oh, well, this one I don't want and I don't want to lose my really nice ring, So I'm just gonna wear the sil cone one and then that's their ring then for the rest of time.
Speaker 3: So I don't want that to happen to Megan.
Speaker 1: Man if I got somebody a big five carrot ring and they went down to Walmart and got a silicone ring, I would not speak to him.
Speaker 15: And I.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not saying this is the case for Meghan on the phone, but like, you might not know your partner very well if you ended up getting them a ring that was like way too big for their liking. Yeah, Like, especially that caller who's had a five carrot and she does a lot of handwork.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you doing? Feels a little off or like the partner not knowing her well enough.
Speaker 6: A lot of people are texting and saying, once you put a wedding band with it, it will look so much better. Or get a dual band or something to have small diamonds on each side and it can come together better and not look so large.
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody else on the phone, Brad, what did you want to suggest to Megan about the ring that's too big? The diamond that's too big?
Speaker 5: Brad?
Speaker 2: I mean, you can have a big ring, girl, but you also got to have another ring too. It's you can't wear that ring everywhere and when you go different places. Me and my wife have different rings. She doesn't wear the break your finger ring all the time, break.
Speaker 3: Your ring exactly. See that's what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like you you have like another another ring that you wear so that you don't like damage.
Speaker 5: I guess it's a big point. I've never heard of that before.
Speaker 3: So just get yourself a ring that you can wear all the time.
Speaker 8: I've heard of not fake, not another ring, but faux rings.
Speaker 4: Like I know somebody that's a firefighter and they have I don't know what it's called, but it's like a rubber ring that they still wear on their hand.
Speaker 8: But obviously you're not gonna wear your wedding ring into a fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I got I got a rubber ring for my finger because I'm a carpenter. But yeah, for her, she has two rings. So when you go to Mexico, you don't have your fake. You don't have your your finger breaker on there, you have your fake, your fake. You know, the ring is just a ring when you're were married for thirty six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that ring is just a ring, married for years?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Brand appreciate that a bunch of text messages tell her to calm down. Two point five is not even that big, says this text from me, DNA D here's another one from a man. Don't take away the moment. Your guy will likely adhere to your request. But it's not about the ring. It's what the ring represents, and your partner picked it out for a reason. But then somebody says, I disagree with anybody who said he did it because he loves you so much. No, he's dumb and just saw the price tag but didn't think about whether she would like it and whether this is going to be your response or not.
Speaker 3: So yes, I do think. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know what I'm allowed to say, so I'll keep my mouth shut. But Vince casually talked about like if you were to propose to Alissa, and I know that they've like looked at rings and stuff, and I feel like Vaant has done the like background work to figure out what Alyssa wants.
Speaker 4: You have to do research. Yes, you have to do research. I wouldn't think about like, oh, did they use their hands? I mean I guess I would, but I still think Alyssa deserves the ring that she wants, and whenever that time comes, we have gone shop and she's told me about the band and I know her size and the mounting and I don't know what any of that actually means, but I wrote it down. But I wrote it down and shout out to the people at Wedding Day Diamonds when we went, super.
Speaker 1: Helpful shout out we d Diamonds. Absolutely. Okay, So Megan, what is the consensus here? I think that if you want to, you can go back to him and say, I love you, this is wonderful. I just want something that's a little bit understated. I appreciate it so much, and then, you know, don't make him feel bad about it, but then make him understand that, you know, you got to wear this is going to get caught on your sweater for sure.
Speaker 14: Yeah. Like I mean, like he knew and wanted a solitaire. I just didn't think I had to tell him, don't get a diamond too big, because I just felt like that's you know, usually girls are like, oh I wish I had a bigger diamond. So I just didn't assume that I would get a diamond bigger than I wanted. I just was like, this is the style I liked. I didn't think I had to gap him something to go.
Speaker 1: Well, I either if you're happy with him one way or another, it'll work out. This won't break you up. Megan, good luck. My diamond shoes are too tough.
Speaker 3: If you have like long hair.
Speaker 7: She can like run her hands through his hair and purposely try to get the ring stuck and yank it.
Speaker 3: And be like, oh no, I don't want to be doing this all the time. I should probably give me.
Speaker 1: A ring exactly. That is what That's not really a group therapy. That was just somebody with a with an interesting story thanking.
Speaker 5: Megan. Appreciate it.