Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David maas say or Dodger Talk. Remember when I used to take you down to the creek and dip your head in the creek. Well, I'm joined right now, but I'm Tyler Glass now. Tyler, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, dude, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: What's the season been like for you, Tyler? Obviously in spring training you laid it out for all of us, just what's the biggest difference for you? But to get results? How big is that?
Speaker 2: It's good?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think just working on all this stuff during last playoffs and bringing it into the off season and spring in the now, it's just nice to have like a sense of consistency, and I think like making adjustments within those changes has been really really easy.
Speaker 1: I remember you said in spring where you've kind of let the coaches do you in the right direction. Now that you're in the thick of the season, is it as easy to do as it was in spring training? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of trust in Connor and Mark, and I do think a lot of it is just preparing how I normally prepare, and then just going out and throwing and then something feels off, just trust their eyes and for the most part, every time there's something I need answered, they're always there to answer it.
Speaker 1: On a day like today, where you're out there on flat ground and Connor's out there with you, what are you feeling out there? What's different in between starts for you than maybe a year ago.
Speaker 2: It's all kind of the same, Like you're you're the throw itself is the same, But I think each day like it is a little different. You're always trying to get back to baseline. I felt good, my petty yesterday, I felt relatively fine, pretty good today, and then tomorrow's a new day, and on and so forth. So I think like one day throughout the week doesn't really dictate how you feel on start day. So it's just trying to like stay healthy. Fixers you need to fix and then move on.
Speaker 1: Are you a guy that goes back to look at video of the previous start or is it moving on to the next one?
Speaker 2: Don't you? I won't. I guess it just depends, like if it's a really good one or something, I'll maybe watch it. But I think a lot of times the only time I really watch a video is if I'm something like feels off and I can refer back to when I was feeling good or how I was setting up, or like where my hands or like just something like that. So for the most part, it's just if I'm trying to like fix something. All your work at video.
Speaker 1: You've been in the league for a while now, you know yourself pretty well for pictures when you're going good, Do you have to understand what is working so well for you for when times are a little off?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, Well, I just think a lot of times when you feel bad, you remember what it feels like to feel good, or like you kind of remember your cues then or like I said to you just go back and look at videos, and like, for the most part, everyone's trying to get Like every start, you're trying to get that feeling of feeling good and like feeling timed up. And I think throughout the weekend, throughout the course of a season, like there's different things you have to do to achieve that, whether it's like fatigue or something like your hips are in a different spot or whatever. It is, like you're just trying to find on time for what that day is. So I think it's just realizing that it's not gonna be perfect every day, but just doing what you can and managing your workload to like figure out how to feel as good as you can that day.
Speaker 1: When did you learn how to be your best pitching coach in the middle of games?
Speaker 2: I know, I don't. I think it's just like experience of doing it a lot, like I since I started pitching, it was always like hunting the feeling of being on time, and I think just the more you do it, the better you are at it, or like you've run through it so many times that like you know, this doesn't work and this works and stuff like that. So I don't know. Maybe I just think the more experience I get, the better I feel with it. And I also think, like I said, it's it's nice to just be able to trust Connor remark to where there's times I will tinker around and just be like, what do you like, and they're just always I feel like they're just there to kind of tell me what they see, and it's like a lot easier to expedite the process. When I have two guys watching me.
Speaker 1: Will they say, hey, stop tinkering.
Speaker 2: No, They'll just say, like, this is what I see so they kind of understand that, like this is kind of how I am, which has been really nice. Like I don't think that's ever been something I've had before, Like I think every coach ever had is like just stop bla blah blah blah. But like it's just a gift and a curse. I guess it's just always how I am when I pitch, and uh, for the most part, it's when i'm good, I'm tinkering. When I'm bad, I'm tinkering just how I am, and they're just really good at being like this is what I see, like your hands are too low and I'm moving smooth or whatever it is. And then for the most part, I'll go out and implement what they say and it usually works out.
Speaker 1: So that last start in San Francisco, you were so good. Can you describe if there was any tinkering or any feeling that you can take with you moving forward.
Speaker 2: No, that honestly, that game felt like every inning was different. So I've been kind of on a role here, but I think, like, like I said, the foundation of what I'm doing right now is good to where like it's not huge tinkering. Like I think like I'm still like my base is still strong enough to like make adjustments now it feels good, and I think, are you still even like that game? I tinkered and stuff and I felt really good every inning, and it's just you're trying to get back to a feeling and like staying behind the baseball, and yeah, that's what I did.
Speaker 1: So two starts to go, one sinker. Then the last start you threw more than you have all season. Is that something for you to be able to lean on having both fastballs now in your back pocket whenever you need them.
Speaker 2: It's nice. I've had it for a couple of years now. Yeah. I think some days some play better than others, and I kind of just sequence off of what feels good that day. But it is good to have. Just the more options I have, the better.
Speaker 1: Your curve I remember that game in Anaheim. I don't know why it stands out more this year than in years past. Your curveball has always been amazing, but I don't know, it feels like your fastballs are playing more off your curveball. What's so special about the way you're able to grip and rip.
Speaker 2: Before the playoffs and just taking it into the off season like that whole thing that Connor in Mark switched with me. Like my back foot, I always would just rush down the mound and i'd either throw it like a really sharp one at like fifty feet or I would just back up. And then I implemented like doing the spike before two strikes and putting both fingers on with two strikes, and I think it's just I'm able to just kind of even if I'm late now, I can still kind of get it into the zone. And I just think with the confidence, I'm throwing it more and it just feels more comfortable. But I think it was all because of those adjustments. And then I mean, I've always my curveball has always been my best pitch, even in like high school, and I kind of lost it there for a little bit. And then I just think now that I'm kind of back on track, I feel like I have it again for strikes especially.
Speaker 1: Well, it's thanks a lot for the time. Keep it going, and I'll try to come up with more lyrics for the next time.
Speaker 2: Good, I'll remember next time too. Perfect