Speaker 1: All right, back on the Big One seven hundred WLW nine seven Dan Carrol till midnight tonight. This is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. Glad to be here. Glad you are here as well. Phone lines are open five to one to three, seven four nine, seven, eight hundred the Big One and no guests. First hour. I do have my buddy Jim Faff from the Conservative Caucus. He'll be here. We'll talk about some of the day's events and what's going on in DC, what's going on with Trump, stuff like that. And then Curtis Howt we'll be here from NewsBusters. It's a it's amazing. The New York Times wrote a piece about Joe Biden and how uh how ineffective his his border policy was just about five years too late. But uh, you know, I mean this, I guess better late than never. I guess the you know, the the paper of record wanted to get on record with recognizing what was painfully obvious, and so they, uh they went ahead and and and you know, took the journalistic risk to to write a piece that was critical of the of the Biden administration. Absolutely unbelievable, but uh, you know, I don't know why I hold out hope on things. And look, I know it's the we're getting. Christmas is not that far away. It's the holiday season, and I'm supposed to talk about tips for decorating your tree, the best way to make make that batch of cookies, you know, elf on the shelf, all those kind of holiday topics, fighting the crowds, the mall, all that kind of stuff. Now, if I mean, if you want that kind of talk, I'm gonna have to direct the elsewhere because that's but I just, you know, I mean, I hold out hope. I hold out hope that people in elected office will just stop being so predictable, that they'll stand up and do things that may not seem like the popular thing to do. That uh maybe you know, maybe they'll they'll swim against the tide a little bit. I kind of hope that some members of Cincinnati City Council would you would look with an open mind at this ordinance that seeks to pay individuals who got arrested in Cincinnati because they violated the curfew they had to They were they were made a little bit uncomfortable maybe during their visit to the Hamilton County Justice Center maybe they didn't get and I didn't get their potty break right away. You know, maybe they had to they wait for a bottle of water. Maybe maybe they're sleeping. Accommodations weren't all that great. But I was hoping that maybe one or two at least would look at this ordinance and say, you know what, we cannot send the message. And I heard Scottie Johnson the SoundBite of Scottie Johnson at the newscast, not this past one at the top of the hour, but the one that rolled at eight there, and Joe, I should have ask you. I don't know if you have access to the soundbites that the newsroom has, but Scottie Johnson said, you know, we need to let people know that you can't come to Cincinnati break our laws. I protest in the streets and then get paid for it. I mean he prefaced that by saying that, Look, we're all about peaceful protest First Amendment, and I don't know anyone who is in disagreement with that. With that, I certainly am not. I'm about peaceful protest all day long. You want to go out, you want to make your voice heard, do it the right way. But if you're out there protesting and police come up and say, hey, look, our mayor has put a curfew in place. We had some damage last night, had some windows broken out in businesses, Hamilton County Justice Center. We've had a couple of nights of some serious violence, some property damage. The mayor has said, no more curfew, eight o'clock, clear the streets. And when you disobey that lawful order, when you disobey the police, it does a chance you're going to get arrested. There's a chance you're going to get booked into the Hamilton County Justice Center. And so when you do, and there's more than four hundred of you, yeah, it's going to take a little time in the process through. And then a couple of years after the fact, someone decides, well, you know what, maybe we got a lawsuit here. So they go ahead and sue, and the city decides, you know what, we got to settle this thing. I saw a SoundBite a cut of and I believe it is the city solicitor, and I must apologize. I do not know her. I should have looked it up, but I listened to her telling members of council that if we take this to trial, it could cost a lot more. Oh my god. Yeah, we let a jury get a hold of this, so this might be wound up being very expensive.
Speaker 2: This could.
Speaker 1: This could be you know, it cost a lot of money. These people had their they had their rights violated. Are you serious challenge them on this? Hey? How badly were their rights? Violet? Did anyone get hurt? Was there any damage done? Did we make a promise down the line or some of you somewhere beforehand that if you violate the city curfew, if you disobey the orders of police and you get arrested, that your trip to the Justice center is going to be conducted in complete comfort. Do we know where the jury is going to come from on this? And the former prosecutor told me that they were in a trial like this, this to be a federal this would be you know, they were going to see if they violated their federal rights. This'll be a federal trial. I'm gonna get jurists from Claremont County, from Brown County, maybe from Highland County, from Warren County, the Butler County. Not all gonna come from downtown Cincinnati. Not everyone thinks the same, but we still it's still needs. You know, this settlement deal needed the approval of city council, and City Council unanimously approves eight point one million dollars to settle the protest, two million in change to the attorneys somewhere between ten and twelve, and according to Fox nineteen thirteen, grand Per protested, I at least hope they have to pay taxes in that? Is that asking too much? I mean, i'd admit, maybe you can fill me in. I've never been part of a settlement like this. Yeah, I get those things in the mail. On those and you've probably seen them. They're about the size of them, maybe a little bit bigger than a postcard, about the postcard size, and the printing is very small. Hey, you're part of the class action lawsuit. Your identity may have been revealed because you have X, Y or Z credit card, or you know your your terms of service for your cable package weren't exactly forthright. And then when you take the time to read them, you know, you see that, you know you're part of the class and you got these lawyers and those lawyers, and you know this much money is going to be set aside, and you're going to get a coupon for fifty percent off your next subscription, or each member of the class is going to be entitled to somewhere between twelve dollars and seventy eight cents and uh, maybe eighty nine dollars. So I've never been, and really, is it even is it worth the time? Is it worth the effort to pay? I have not seen one yet. Maybe one of these days some class class action thing will uppear in my mailbox. That'll be worth the effort to actually fill it out and jump through whatever hoops you got to jump through. But I've never been through part of a class settlement where you stand to reap a ten or twelve thousand dollars windfall? Do you pay taxes on that? How is that? How does that work out? Do you fill out of ten ninety nine? I should get her court Hartman on Maybe he knows how these things work. I certainly hope the lawyers have to pay tax on their two million dollar plus windfall. I guess that's that's how lawyers work. That's their income, so I'm sure they got to pay taxes on that. But if if you're part of the settlement, do you pay taxes on is it like, is it like an inheritance? If someone, God forbid, someone in your family passes away, they leave you some money. In some cases there's taxes to be paid on that. So hopefully at least these individuals will feel the sting of the tax man a little bit. But I was just hoping that one or two members of council would stand up and say, you know, we ought to take this thing to court. I'm not I'm not seeing a lot here that I'm really concerned about. You know, you got all these agitators out there. And yes, I use the word thugs the other day in reference to those individuals who would and I saw the video and for the when I when I first learned of this settlement, the first flashback I had of that was the video I saw of these individuals with a police barricade smashing it into a window at the Justice center. Big old you know what are those windows? Ten feet high? Twelve feet high? Pretty big window, just smashed it. So yeah, I called them thugs to my way of thinking, anyone that that that does that smashes the window of a justice center, smashes the window, does damage to a small business downtown, That that to me is acting like a thug. So I'm gonna I'm gonna stand by them, But I would just I would just hope that we would have one or two members of council that would say, you know, I'm not seeing a lot of a lot of finding a fact here. I'm not seeing that strong of a case that somehow that compels the city to reach into its pocket to the tune of eight million dollars. And on the other hand, I'm still I'm still thankful that we live in a city where, at least to my way of thinking, eight million dollars means something might seem like chump change. But the city's going to have to issue debt as part of this deal to pay off that settlement, So digging deeper into the hole. And then, I mean, and how do you know all these claim four hundred and something claims are legitimate? God, City Council voted unanimously Wednesday eight point one million dollar settlement. Hundreds of protesters during the twenty twenty George Floyd posts and it was something it didn't even happen in Cincinnati. Let's go to Claremont County. Alice's on the line, Hi, Alice, Hi it's great to hear your voices always.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. A couple of things.
Speaker 3: Who was the woman who said these people were abused by their government being a professional protesters.
Speaker 1: That that was a member of council who said that. Yes, yeah, I don't know. I don't know which one, but I heard that sound bite. It might have been yesterday and it made me gag a little bit. That was disgusting.
Speaker 3: And they're professional protesters there. It leaves you breathless. Also another thing, the Spencer book. I heard you interview him twice.
Speaker 1: Holy hell, Robert Spencer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I'm reading it, but I have to stop and then go back to another book because it's scary. It's absolutely scary.
Speaker 1: And that guy's written like thirty two books. So he got the one on Mondanie and then he wrote another one and we talked about it about the way women in Islam are treated.
Speaker 2: It's it's scary.
Speaker 3: Have I know this is not a literary show, but I have to recommend the book. It's called How to Test Negative for Stupid but not in Washington. It's by Senator John Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Ah, he's one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: He is one of my favorites. He does explain the machinations in Washington, but with his own brand of humor. He describes one unnamed senator as being someone who will pat you on the back, but he will also unplug your life support system to charge your cell phone.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny. Yeah, that's great. That's a great right there.
Speaker 3: Yes it is. And the book is full of them. And what a good man he is. It's worth reading. It's there's a lot to it, but it's light reading. You can you can read it, you know, just before going to bed.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. I've actually got a SoundBite from Senator Kennedy tonight, and he was on the floor of the Senate uh describing the situation in Minneapolis, and a couple of couple of memorable lines in there.
Speaker 3: What has taken so long to goo after this this ill han omar? She has she I mean, she has not made a secret about what she's all about and why why has it taken this long?
Speaker 1: No, she she doesn't. She doesn't like America very much, and she she ought to be falling to her knees. And and the thing is the this whole thing with what's going on with the Somalian community in Minneapolis is drawing a lot of attention to her. And and right now there's a lot of different news organizations that are focusing on her net worth. That when she came to Congress, I believe her total net worth was in the neighborhood of sixty thousand dollars and now she is has a network, a networth that is in excess of thirty million dollars And a lot of people are asking a question, how did that happen in that span of time?
Speaker 3: And then a lot of the money was was went to Bukaharam and and.
Speaker 1: That ris organization in some model.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they're part of al Qaeda. And remember the thing with the girls that the Obamas called our girls that you remember that, Yes, that funded Bokaham when they were when they were abusing those women. You know what is taking so long? This woman's life is worthy of publishing in the inquir in the in the National Inquiry, that that tabloid her personal life is unbelievable, and she's a member of Congress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Alice, I appreciate the call as always, but we got to run. We got to get to a break.
Speaker 3: Of course, have a good night.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Alice, Thank you for listening, Alice. I appreciate Alice from Amelia, such a loyal listener and a wonderful person. Always great to hear her voice. We gotta go, We gotta get to a break. A little news coming up at the bottom of the hour, but more time for your phone calls on the other side. Five one, three, seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred the Big One. It is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW nine thirty eight day Girls til midnight tonight, Wednesday Night edition of the Midweek Crisis. Just wrapping up my thoughts on the eight point one million dollar settlement going to go out to the protesters who were in downtown Cincinnati after the George Floyd Black Lives Matter all that crap, four hundred and seventy nine protesters. They'll get between According to five nineteen twelve and thirteen thousand. To qualify for the payout, the protesters could not have additional charges beyond violating the curfew. How do we know that? How do we know that those are the people that are going to get the money? How do we know that someone who broke a window, someone who damaged property, there were even shots that were fired at police and first responders. How do we know the people who engaged in that activity are not getting part of the payout. I will reiterate and say again, I believe the Cincinnati police did an outstanding job with the factors that they were presented with. Council Member Scotti Johnson said during the vote they had to establish law and order. That's what they did, along with keeping citizens, businesses, and even the protesters safe. So they're Scottie Johnson standing strong with police. Then he says them in the back and votes in favor of this. So the part of the settlement means that the city is going to have to come up with policy and operational changes and we're going to have new rules for Cincinnati police when it comes to focusing on large scale civil unrest events. So I can't wait to see what that looks like. So we can avoid another situation like that. And so the message has gone out that you can come to Cincinnati, you can protest. And now I'm looking at the story from from Channel five says that the majority of people on the lawsuit are not Cincinnati residents, but they went ahead and signed off on it. Hey, Cincinnati police did a great job. We can be very proud of them. Then stand up for them, say no to this to It's too late for that now, but I held out hope that at least one would have the spine to stand up to this. That did not happen. Hi lawmakers will sent a bill changing marijuana policy to the desk of Mike DeWine, creating a slew of new criminal offenses, such as buying weed in Michigan to smoke in a public area. Buying was So if you buy weed in Michigan now, and I'll be honest with you, I've not followed this story that closely about the cannabis and the marijuana and all that. I've reached out to state Representative Adam Bird and he will join us tomorrow night. So if you're interested in the whatever the rules are now as it relates to marijuana, you can check out Adam Bird tomorrow night. We'll talk about that. This is do you buy a lottery tickets when the when the jackpot gets big, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: My wife says, Hey, you got to you know She'll send me a message jackpots up to you know, seventy million or ninety million or one hundred million, whatever it is, and I'll go and get them. And then she'll say, did you check it? And I said, I don't need to check it. Why not? Because if somebody wins, it's it's a news story. And so I was getting ready for the show tonight and I came across this headline winning a lottery ticket worth eleven point four million dollars sold at Ohio convenience store. So, see that's the headline. I'm waiting. That headline right there alerts me to the fact because you know, you win him. I put them in the you know, in the console of the car or I got. There's a drawer at home. We throw them in a drawer. When I see that headline, then I'm thinking, well, I mean, do I have a winner in there? And I read the story and it reads, according to Channel five, lottery ticket worth over eleven million dollars sold at a convenience store in Ohio. According to the Ohio Lottery, ticket was sold for Saturday's lottery drawing. Well, nobody won the big powerball jackpot yet, an Ohio player lucked out. The Ohio Lottery said Smitty's Cruise Through in Tip City sold a ticket worth eleven point four million and Saturday's drawing. I have not been to Tip City anytime recently, so I don't need to don't need to check my tickets. But if you're listening and you've been to Tip City lately and you got a ticket at Smitty's Cruise Through, find it, check it out. Could be a big winner. The ticket needs to be claimed, said the Ohio Lottery. The Mill Creek Food martin Youngstown also sold a ticket where one hundred grand. So there you go, the Mill Creek Food martin Youngstown. I have not been to either establishment, so I.
Speaker 2: Am out of luck.
Speaker 1: But I'll eventually check him in. You know, I get to that, I get to the point where I get a stack of I don't know, fifteen to twenty of them and take him in here and you put them in the machine. Not a winner. Not a winner. Every once in a while you get one that wins and two or three dollars or something like that. Woo oh man, here's a story. I was saying. I mean, I'm going to talk to my buddy Curtis Alcobaic. This New York Times has invented a new genre of report covering big stories showing Democrats in a bad light years after the event that matters. At the tail end of twenty twenty five of the Times has freshly broken news that the Biden administration flooded the country with illegal immigrants, partly for the ideological, ideological and partisan reasons and partly out of shearing competence. Who knew? Four thousand words story fourteen colleagues contributing additional reporting and research, Very well sourced. It dissects Biden's immigration misdeeds and missteps over the years of his four years in office. But and he writes, great, but why not do that? Why the guy is actually in power? Immigration isn't suddenly an issue today. It's the biggest domestic story since COVID end, even before COVID, which I call the wuhun before in twenty sixteen, Donald Trump and an immigration at the forefront of presidential politics and private Democrats close to Biden were discussing the crisis all along. They knew his agenda, and they knew it would only make it worse. Biden's policy advisors sounded the alarm before he even won the election. The Time acknowledges this. In August of twenty twenty, several AIDS wrote a memo cautioning mister Biden's inner circle that his promise of lighter immigration enforcement, coupled with a pent up demand from the Trump years and economic hardship from the WUHAN could spike or could provoke a spike in border crossings. And that is exactly what happened. And so I guess I got to give credit to these people who were trying to advise the Biden campaign, tell them what was up. They actually they were right. Biden didn't listen. Democrats are fully aware of what they were getting the getting the country into, and they did it anyway. Voters didn't know, however, because the media didn't do the reporting necessary to inform them until just now. Well, I wouldn't say all the media, but you know what, but you know what he's talking about. The New York Times, NBC, CBS, ABC, the mainstream media talk about it all the time. We were talking about it back then. And so when the border started going crazy right after the Biden election, the people who listened to this show, people who listened to this station. People who listened to talk radio in general were not surprised. We knew it was coming. And this past Sunday, the New York Times had it on the front page of the paper. Very very impressive. Uh, let me see that. Uh. Even when the president was visibly failing, liberals in the media dismissed what was right before their eyes. A friend who was a lonely conservative columnist at an other nation's major metropolitan newspaper told me one subject he was explicitly forbidden to write about was Biden's age and infirmity. Well, I'm sorry, man, if if if you are a columnist at a newspaper and you are forbidden to write about what is blatantly obvious and and at some point you got to you gotta step away from that. And it's just to my way of thinking anyway. The code of silence backfired spectacular saddling the Democrats with not one but two unelectable candidates at the top of their presidential ticket last year, leaving the left in the state of shock that Americans really did figure out what was happening with immigration and really were mad about it. Better late than never, though, how Biden ignored warnings at Lost and Lost America's faith and immigration does not teach an important lesson beyond the one about what happens when radical policies going criticized by the media and internal criticism by the samee Democrats get ignored. It also showcases the success of Texas Governor Greg Abbott's strategy by busting the border crisis straight into the blue cities. And it makes the point that I have made so many times when it comes to this subject, about how exceedingly poor the media in this country serves the American public, the people who pay attention, the people who want to know what's going on. I mean, thank god that we had the you know that we can we can find out on our own that there are alternative news sources out there that are not afraid of the print what's going on, not afraid though, to publish the truth, even when you may not like it, even when it hurts a little bit. I mean, there's there's some stuff that Trump is doing now that I'm not sure that I'm totally in agreement with. I haven't read enough about this twelve billion dollar bailout for the farmers. If you're a farmer, do you need a twelve billion dollar bailout from the federal government. I saw where the Trump administration wants to sell more AI chips to the Chinese. Is that is that something we ought to be doing. I don't know. It seems to me China is perfectly capable of making their own chips. I mean, on one hand, selling stuff is good. Maybe those chips can be can be programmed as by on the Chinese. I don't know, but at least I know about it. At least I don't have to rely on one or two outlets. And I had a call over I was I was on over the weekend, and I had a call over the weekend, and this gal was trying to take me to task on things I was saying about illegal immigrants, illegal aliens in this country, and she was talking about she was talking about ice and the roundups and how American citizens or being taken away in the dead of the night and all this kind of stuff, and she was just just mistaken about that. And I asked her where she got her news, and she didn't want to answer the question. God bless her. She sounded like she was a little bit older, nice lady, but just didn't have the facts and was trying to take me in a task on some of the things, and and and you could tell that she had And I don't know why she was listening to me to begin with, but you could tell that she had. She had not heard the things that I was saying at if she had not encountered that before. And she was pretty convinced that what I was saying was not true. Rick and Western Hills, what's going on?
Speaker 4: I'm glad you said something about these AI computer chips, because I think this is a really big story and everyone's missing it. The reason is is because I've seen about two years ago they were showing pictures of this robot army China was building in these giant robot dogs that shot like big guns and fire out of them, and these things were like that. They they only had prototypes, and I was thinking, well, if China's putting all this money in robotics to building robot a robot army, we sell them all the AI supercomputer chips, they'll put them writing them robots and might be end enough have to fight them someday. And that's kind of stupid.
Speaker 1: I hope that I hope that doesn't happen. But yeah, no does when I when I see headlines like that that we are selling uh China ai chips, it makes it. It makes anything. First of all, their spying apparatus must not be as good as it used to be because they used to spy on us and and steal all that kind of stuff. I guess maybe they're not able to steal it now they're just gonna go ahead and buy it now.
Speaker 4: It was this Taiwan East company. They have to get permission in order to sell them to China, And I don't understand why they would do that at all, because China might use that on them too, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's uh, I'm gonna have to look at that. But yeah, a Chinese army of robot dogs that spit fire and shoot guns. That that's a that sounds like a nightmare scenario right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now do you defended? They can think on their own, just like like a living soldier attacking you know, white Americans.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: That's horrible, Rick, Thanks for the call. I appreciate it all right there you go, Rick, Rick, it doesn't like the idea of Chinese built dogs shooting guns and and uh and breathing fire. We you gotta get to a break news coming up top of the hour, and then my buddy Steve Baff will be here and we'll kick around some some of the day's news events with him as we roll on till midnight tonight, Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WLW. I'm back on the big one, seven hundred W l W ten o eight, Wednesday edition of the Midweek Crisis. I mean, as we rolled till midnight tonight and joining me from Bloomington, Indiana, where he's basking in the glory of that great hoo's your victory or the Ohio State Buckeyes, my buddy Jim Faff of the Conservative Caucus And Jim, how is everything on Bloomington these days? The number one team in the country? How about that.
Speaker 2: Pretty amazing, amazing one. All my all my fans who know that I loved W A L W and following it all my life, that that love the buck eyes, I I don't dislike them, but I can't couldn't be more pleased.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad, I'm glad for you, and that that coach is the heartbreak was we learned or later this week, after the after the the Hoosier's victory, that that coach had actually interviewed here at the University of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: And I hadn't heard that. Oh my goodness. Yeah, and Signetti is excellent, Like his resume actually is very good. And what he's done in some programs, particularly James Madison. I mean, he kept James Madison in the top twenty five for much of his time there. What a what a fantastic coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we think, you know, here in Cincinnati, we spend a lot of a lot of time thinking about what might have been. And you know, maybe if he was coaching the Bearcats now, who knows. But in any case, let me ask you this here. Here's the main question I wanted to ask you tonight. Is it is it a foregone conclusion at this point that the Republicans are going to lose the House in the twenty twenty six midterms.
Speaker 2: No, But the dynamic, the the historical dynamic, says that Democrats are very likely to take the House.
Speaker 1: Back the party the party out of power, picks up seats. But and the reason I asked is because I'm flipping around watching different shows and I'm just seeing a lot more analysis right now that is leaning towards that narrative. Am I Are you seeing the same thing that I'm seeing? And when it comes to the analysis on it.
Speaker 2: Well, I am. But I would maintain that one of the biggest reasons that analysis is so prevalent is because of the fact that, frankly, Republicans in general aren't doing a very good job of messaging what's going on. I would also say, I don't know if you happen to see it, and I agreed with him. I've been on his podcast before, but Tim cool of the Tip of Tim Cast was rightly out there talking about how, you know, since Charlie Kirks that you would think that that would be a polarizing and you know a bit of momentum for the conservative causes and Republicans in general, and frankly, we've been breaking up ever since because you've got this stupid team of Owens narrative that that keeping USA is behind his death, and then you've got the Nick Flint has interview with Pecker Carlson and all the backlash related to that and and the expanding, uh, you know, Israel debate. That's happening, and there are a lot of things that are kind of breaking apart the grassroots. But then on top of that, you've got this natural tendency amongst leadership in the Republican Party nationally to really try to grab the feet out of the jaws of victory. A lot it does, and they suck at you like they don't. There is there are a decent amount of members of Congress on the Republican side who are supportive of Donald Trump, but you still have this pretty powerful, sometimes contingent that doesn't want anything that Donald Trump's trying to do. I mean evidence by just this evening a procedural vote in the House to try to overturn Donald Trump's executive Order, which gets rid of a massive amount of collective bargaining amongst federal employees. Now there should be no collective bargaining amongst federal employees at all. And yet you've got thirteen members that sided with Democrats to try to overturn his executive order. That there is a contingent in the Republican Party that just hates Donald Trump. They're not highly vocal about it right now, but they undermine him in every turn. So all those things seem to work against it. Nonetheless, you've got the redistricting efforts that have added more opportunities for Republicans to gain seats. So we'll see how it plays out. And if Donald Trump can get his economic message out, which he's already started to do in Pennsylvania last night, then you know, that may help them, you know, push through the headwinds and get to something positive in November of next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it always seems that you get we get these cycles where you get Conservatives just win on issue after issue after issue, and then at some point the Democrats just sort of put things on cruise control, and then it seems like because there's maybe a void in the news cycle, it seems like Republicans just sort of have to self destruct. And we're saying and we're just we're seeing that, like you said, we're you know, people are starting to chip off and then get away from Trump and get away from his message, and we're seeing the criticize, the criticisms come out, and Marjorie Taylor Green people are starting to look at her like, you know, she's being seduced by the leftist media now and kind of enjoying that spotlight. And I don't know. I don't know if that if people look at that and they think that's attractive and they want a little piece of that action, I just I don't understand the mindset. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well, essentially, what does happen is people end up going to Washington, d C. And they if they're not determined to keep from being bought in and grabbed up, you know, sucked into the system, then they eventually will be listen. Washington, DC's crazy town. When I went to Capitol Hill to be chief of staff for my friend and continuing friend, Tim hills Camp, former Member of Congress from Kansas, and he asked me to come and be his chief of staff. And one of the things that he and I did, he slept in his office. He didn't go rent some place in town. I had to end up renting some place that I lived. But neither of us, both of us decided there's no way that we're going to be involved in the uh, you know, the the cocktail party crowd. I mean not that we never went to things. He would have fundraisers sometimes there and or or there would be some member that we were good friends with, and we we'd attend that, but really we spent our evenings just kind of strategizing, what are we going to do, how are we going to advance the agenda. I was putting together meetings of chiefs of staff. I've had forty to sixty of them meeting where I'm trying to urge them to carry on the Tea Party movement thing. And I never bought into it. In fact, right now I'm sitting in Bloomington, Indiana in my house. I never have purchased a home in the DC area, even though I'm running an organization there now and I serve two members of Congress. There was no way I was going to be part of that. Most people, though, even the good ones, end up being part of the system there. And if you're not dog determined to the point of being disliked a lot to keep yourself separated from that and not become part of it, you will become part of it. I think that's what happened to Marjorie Taylor Green. She went and started helping out Kevin McCarthy for a while, and then obviously this recent debacle. I mean, it just happens to some people sometimes. Thomas Masthew, who I worked for, always talks about that pin that he wears. He calls it my precious, referring to you know, the Gullum and the ring, ye in the Lord of the Ring, right, And then that really does happen to people. You know, you get pushed around, you don't have to go through the the the metal detectors, and you're treated so well at the Capital as a member of Congress, and suddenly you think you are somebody, and frankly, most of them aren't anybody.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I look as an example of what I'm talking about, I look at the story when you go back a few weeks when you had Alyssa Slotkin and Mark Kelly and some of these other Democrats put this video out about you know, if you're in if you're in the military, you don't have to obey illegal orders, suggesting that somehow the Trump administration is giving illegal orders to our men and women in uniform. And then miraculously, this whole narrative starts up with the drug boats being blown out of the water from from Vannezuela and something illegal is going on there. And we had all this pressure build up on Pete Hegseth and people want to impeach him now and Chuck Schumer was demanding to see the video. And even though members of Congress had already seen the video, and Chuck Schumer was going to go out and demand things from Pete Hegseeth, and Pete Hegseth stood his ground. He said, look, I'm in the right here. We know we're in the right. We know what's going on, and they and Pete Hegseth has not caved. And Chuck Schumer came out of that meeting today with his tail between his legs and said, well, it didn't work out that well, and so it And I look at that as an example, just a microcosm of if you know your position is right, you stand behind your position and you stick to your guns and assure them it's not going to be easy sledding. But in the end you're going to come out. And I think Pete Hegseth is going to come out looking good on this because we've all heard the narrative that hegg Sac is in trouble. He's going to be the first one to be fired. Trump is going to let him go. But if he would have caved, I think to the you know, this withering fire he's been subject to then I think Trump would have let him go. But he's not. He's standing his ground and he and to my way of thinking, uh, you know, Trump said some great things about Pete HeiG Seth at that rally last night, so I think he's in pretty good standing right now.
Speaker 2: Well, and the great news about that is that Donald Trump does actually have good people this time around, who are loyal to him, who are mostly pretty capable.
Speaker 5: And I've got some criticisms like I'm still trying.
Speaker 2: To wade through my thinking on paying BONDI and cash hotel, for example, but for the most part they're doing at least a serviceable job and definitely loyal. You know, there are always some problems, but you've just got a situation where Donald Trump put the right kind of cabinet together that actually is dedicated to trying to fulfill his vision. And Donald Trump has to work that. But you know, if we are not willing as citizens to push back against the DC narratives as best we can, and the challenge of that is people are trying to live their lives. I always tell people, you know, I do this so you don't have to, because most people just want to try to make it through their lives. And that's why if Donald Trump can't get the economy back around, or at least get the message out well about the good things that are happening in the economy, then people will tend to back away from that. They need to have some direct sense. Then all that's working. But in light of these attacks like you mentioned the Mark Kelly, Alyssa slockin and all these idiots who put that video together literally to try to undermine Donald Trump's presidency. In my estimation and intreason this way, we have to remember that Democrats still have the financing and the methodology to go in and undermine everything that's happening so that they can maintain power. They still have a beachhead in the media. They've got millions, literally hundreds of millions of dollars that come through the George Soros types to fund these efforts. And that was a coordinated effort, this video that Mark Kelly put together to try to build out a narrative, and it hasn't won, but they've got the money to do that. And then we still have this NGO problem where money is flowing out from taxpayers literally into Democrat campaign coffers indirectly and this whole thing has got to be broken down because this is the corrosive thing that really Barack Obama put together on steroids that we've got to get rid of so we can have a natural, normal approach to having fair elections and fair political activity. There's a lot of work to do, and Donald Trump has to stay focused. And I'm going that he's being purposeful like he was last night, and he says he's going to try to put himself on the ballot so to speak, this next time around. That's good, he needs to do that. But if that's not effective, Democrats come into power in January twenty twenty seven, and we've got chaos for two years, and who knows what's going to happen after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Susie Wilde said, Trump is going to campaign like it's twenty it's twenty twenty four, so we will see what happens. How big in your estimation is the fraud story out of Minneapolis and the Somalian community there? How big is that is? That story?
Speaker 2: It's huge in this sense, like we all know that there's corruption like this going on. We know that Elon Musk's efforts with Doge and those that continue thereafter have shown a lot of problems. So we know that there's a tip of the iceberg there. The Minnesota thing is the tip of the tip of the iceberg. And I say that because it's a huge, huge story. We're talking potentially eight billion dollars of fraud money. I just saw a report today there was some lady who's a whistleblower, a former TFA agent, who said she observed bags filled with cash of small people who were flying out of the Minneapolis airport heading over to Somalia. And this is huge, it's a huge story. But that should tell you that we're talking literally hundreds of billions, maybe even up to a trillion dollars of fraud, wasting, abuse from various areas. Every dollar that goes out to any NGO anywhere, we can be assured of ninety five percent sure that that money's going to something nefarious. Just consider what Stacy Abrams was going to get. You go get two billion dollars out of the Environmental Protection Agency that Lee Zelden stopped, and she has no reason to receive that kind of money. She was going to do. Her set up was going to be very similar to what's happening in the Minnesota. The whole design was helping people get energy efficient appliances and stuff. They're going to give her two billion dollars to promote that all times with anybody about a flying So she's gonna walk away with the money.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, are you talking about fraud? It is Yeah, that the Stacy Abrahams thing is is just amazing and now and gosh you and we've only got about ten seconds left here, but people are starting to look at ilhan Omar and questioning how does she go from a net worth of about sixty grand when she entered Congress and now a few years later her net worth is an excess of thirty million dollars. How does that happens?
Speaker 2: It's crazy and this is a big problem in Congress. The only way you get rid of this is to reduce government. That's one of the big things that we're fighting for. But to make it short, since we have a short amount of time, Tom Holman says that he's there is investigator, there are investigations happening from his agency in dah to look at her whether she's a valid citizen or not. That does need to happen. And if there's something actionable there that can be adjudicated. She needs to be stripped of her citizenship and sent out of this country. Like if we don't get serious about this kind of thing and start greeting things in the right way, that we're going to lose this country entirely. That was the whole design of Democrats anyway. So everyone said replacement theory was, you know, a conspiracy theory. No, it was very real. Democrats are still going to attempt to do that, and we got a lot to fight for here so that they can't get back into the kind of power to do that again.
Speaker 1: All right, Jim, we got to run as always, man, Appreciate the time, Appreciate the insight. Conservative Caucuses is the website, and keep up the great work, my friend, and we'll be talking again before too long.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Dan talks soon.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, my buddy, Jim Faff from the Conservative Caucus ten twenty five at seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW ten forty two, Dan Carroll till midnight tonight. One of my favorite guests is a guy that always answers the call my buddy Charlie, not Charlie, but Curtis Halk. I was like, I was looking at some other guy's name. It was Charlie. I was thinking of Charlie Kirk because I was going to ask you about Charlie Kirk in a minute. But Curtis Halk of NewsBusters, how are you tonight?
Speaker 5: Good to be with my friends? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm sure you are impressed by the bold and courageous reporting of the New York Times, who led their Sunday edition with a front page story about Joseph Robin at Biden and his immigration policy. I'm sure you were very impressed by that.
Speaker 2: It took you.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it took years.
Speaker 2: Fourteen reporters on that show Frank Jake Tapper's book Dan, he did missed the story. They just missed it.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, five years after the fact. Whatever, it's almost six years now.
Speaker 5: Wait, so, like you need to tell me, guys New York Times that like Biden's team tried to deny.
Speaker 2: Reality and then or.
Speaker 5: They insisted everything was going to be fine, and then when everything did go wrong, we're just going to deny reality and we're just thinking, like there are the old adage that like if I don't think about it and I don't talk about it. It's not really happening. I think that's really their approach there. And as we know, we all have things in our lives that we need to address ourselves, but we keep putting it off. And I think that's kind of how it went for Team Biden when it came to the border, except you know, their inability to address their sins led to millions of people coming across the border untold numbers because it'll keep going up of families that would be you know, become angel moms as a result, and uh, you know, welfare frauds, you know, all kinds of good stuff. And I think it's rank your responsibility. And that's why I I was almost after Drew yesterday and I said, they are on my naughty list. I mean, you are on my naughty list. It's not surprising. But he made a really good point at me, which is print can be sometimes even more sinister than television. And I said, you know, that's a really good point because you think the radio and television, because of time constraints, that's how you end up with you know, kind of rancorous bias. And that's certainly true. But with in with print, you would think, because there's more space available, you can engage in nuance. But a lot we see here that uh, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a better product, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's a it's a it's a it's amazing. The thing is, there are people who read that story this Sunday that read that and said, I had no idea. Their jaws were dropping. Say, were you know, getting ready to get that second bite of their datas there? Like, honey, do you see what happened with Joe Biden was doing? I toast That's right, my bad? All right, let me ask you, Let me ask you a question. I have to admit I do not pay attention to the daily rantings of Candae own. I have not been paying much attention to Tucker Carlson, but I am seeing what is going on with with these two individuals crop up more and more in mainstream debate. Am I missing? Am I missing something here? Do I need to start paying attention to what's going on with because I know she's got some kind of conspiracy candae Owans does about what really you know took place in the assassination of Charlie Kirk. And yeah, I saw you know, I saw Eric or Kirk on Fox News over the weekend and on the Five on yesterday, and she was reacting to some of this stuff. Do I need to know about what's happening with this? Is this something I'm going to need to let my listeners know about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I definitely think so. I mean, obviously there's a point about.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Their response and a retort from folks that are close to the White House is oh, this is the fight against the left, and we cannot be engaged in these kind of petty wars. But I think I tweet this a few hours ago over the Great Joel Barry from the Babylon b which is this moment demands moral clarity. And if we are going to be the critique of the vicious, godless, heartless left that we say we are and that we are going to offer to our readers and our audiences, then it requires some sort of moral compass, okay, because we need to protect ourselves against being derided and torn apart by people who clearly are cancers to the conservative movement, specifically Candiceellans. I have been a critic of her since twenty eighteen, and I have taken way too much bleep toy bleap from people about her saying that, oh she's important and you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be saying this. Well, here I am, you.
Speaker 5: Know, many years later saying, you know, almost eight years later saying oh I am vindicated. Unfortunately, to say that the Egyptians or Jews or Charlie's staff had anything to do with this, it's rancorous irresponsibility. She makes a lot of money by just saying these things on social media and rumble, and that's what's frustrating. And for Tucker to kind of say, well, I don't really know what the truth is, and we shouldn't really like trust anybody, so we should look into everything. You get to a certain point where if you just say like, well, we don't believe anything, then you know, then the world is just open, and you know, we'll start talking about like black holes like Don Lemon with the missing Malaysian plane, and we make fun of it because that's what the left does. But we're reaching that point with the right where we don't trust that. We have this mantra of not trusting anything, so therefore now we're just gonna get into all sorts of deranged conspiracy theories about Egyptian jets and Jews and foreign cell phones.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so, and look, I don't know again, I really I don't know anything she has said about any of this stuff. I don't follow her. I don't pay attention to what she says. Has there been any of the stuff that she said in the past, Has any of that stuff turned out to be legitimate any of it?
Speaker 5: No, there's been no evidence to any of this year. And it's just it is so hurtful. And people have said, I think that, you know, Charlie and Candice were friends for a long time before Charlie met Erica, and people have said there might have just been personal and I'm osity there. I don't know, but it is. It's so deranged and hurtful. I'm not never going to call for these people to be kicked off their platforms, but you know, with this becomes responsibility, and when you start saying I'm the only voice, I'm the only true friend that Charlie has and not including his widow, you cross the line, especially because this isn't just about policy. This is involving someone's public assassination on live TV more or less.
Speaker 1: But in your estimation. Does this threaten to go beyond just where it is right now in this correct in this whole. I don't know if it's a subculture or how much of the of mainstream conservatism that this is going to affect with people and with these people have in this ongoing back and forth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we I mean, you have to speak with moral clarity, You have to speak with clarity and force. I mean, and don't you know the left will bring up, well, what about I support Donald Trumpet the Rice Price married, Yeah, and they're like, this is now what we're talking about here, Okay, we are talking about someone who was murdered in cold blood, plenty of DNA evidence, the training, lover all that stuff going on, and we're just not there's an entire side of the rights that she was not talking about this, that he was some sort of fall guy. And I mean, I again, it's a distraction from honoring Charlie and continuing his work at turning Point, which is firing on all cylinders. And I say all this and as someone who had plenty of issues with Charlie Kirker of the years, but you know, if we are really going to take this to the left with Mom, Donnie. And you know, we had the Democrats winning in Florida again. We had a Saint Georgia state House seat flipped to the Democrats last night. There's some serious stuff going on. Economic anxiety has settled in with folks and it's gripping, you know, and has the chance to really pull the party down next year. And we have Somali stuff. I mean, there's so much stuff going on that we could be that that folks could be focused on.
Speaker 2: But notice that.
Speaker 5: Candice and uh Tucker are the ones who say we need to be focused on the left, and they themselves are not spending their airtime by talking about the left really at all at all, of course, because we make fun of them on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: But well, we'll see what happens down the road. Uh, Barry Wise has hired this guy, uh, Tony Dope. How do you say his name? The coopleple, the cople Uh. So can we expect anything different out of CBS News now that this guy is going to be well.
Speaker 5: See, we'll see again. You know the fact that Barry is willing to try something different, you know. And Tony he's married to Katie Turr, So that's unfortunate. He seems like a very nice person, but you know, very extremely five years and five years ago, he did this thing about socialism where he you know, he did a pie and went to a mall before COVID and tried to convince people that like, well we need to like have multiple pies, or we need to take your part of the pie and give it to these people. You know, that whole like kind of elementary level nonsense. I would refer to him as socialist. Co host Tony D. Koppel, though Elizabeth Warren like praised him days later, being like so amazing, that's so great. More people need to basically think like this. But you know, two things happened. Number one, Hamas October seventh, his ex wife and two teenage children were living in Israel, so he wasn't sure for a while they were okay. And then number two, I think what happened was, you know, with Tommy Hoasey Coats, where he was nearly fired for simply telling Tommy he's coach. Yeah, it seems like you've written a book here that really seems to hate Jews, seems to call him the question whether Israel should exist. I have a right to exist, and so since then, he's what my colleague Dick Fondacaro has become Tony durredtill and you know, whether it's talking about Kimmel and Saalin, we're talking about campus protests by these you know, antisemitic moms. He has not been an out and out like conservatives. But the point is to give voice too accurate and accurately so conservative arguments that, hey, half the country actually thinks the opposite of what we're all sitting here talking about, you know, ye, all right, which I think is accurate. We don't we don't want, we don't necessarily demand that all these journalists become Trump hat you know, maggya hat wearing partisans. That's not how journalism is supposed to work. But they're so much to present all side.
Speaker 1: So I hope let's see some of that. Yeah, I'll just try a little bit of that to get a lot of mileage out of and it might be amazing and we'll see what happens. I have, but curtis that that's what you're there for, my friend, to keep an eye on all that stuff, and we'll be calling on you again before too long. But for now, we're going to believe it right there. I always appreciate the time, keep up the great work, and we'll be talking to you again before too long.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, next time we'll have.
Speaker 1: The year for you, all right. I'll be looking forward to that. Curtis out the great Curtis House at NewsBusters dot org. And I always appreciate him being here. Ten fifty four at seven hundred WLW right back on the Big One seven LW. Dan Carroll till midnight tonight Wednesday night edition of The Midweek Crisis five one to three, seven eight hundred The Big One. Congressman Hank Johnson is back in the news today and he has recently been praised by an organization, the American Arab Anti Discrimination Committee, and they say, we need to thank Hank Johnson for taking a stand of being a strong voice for Palestinian rights, a strong voice for Palestinian rights. So Hank Johnson was on some podcast and he was, I guess, expressing his strong voice from Palestinian rights. And here's how he did that. He called he did that by calling America the number one bully and Satan. Let's let's hear the congressman here, Joe, Let's hear cut number one if we could please.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we we are the world's number one bully and we're using our immense, unrifled power to rule over those who have less power, and we're doing it with impunity. And this sends a shocking message to the world that America is indeed uh the what did what did they used to call the Great Hand of Satan or something like that. I mean, America under the Trump regime is demonstrating that that moniker was was entirely accurate. All right, become in this country.
Speaker 1: Hank Johnson that this this guy is a sitting member of Congress and he's got the nerve to go on some podcast and talk about how America is the Great Satan, great friend of the Palestinian freedom. I mean, this guy has gone from being an amiable dunce to someone who's really dangerous. And if you if the name Hank Johnson sounds familiar, that's because it should sound familiar, because this is Hank Johnson, and this is the SoundBite we all know him for. And let's go ahead and hear cut number two.
Speaker 7: It's from shore to shore and at the smallest level, the smallest uh location, it's uh seven miles between one.
Speaker 1: Shore and the other. Is that correct? I don't have the exact dimensions, but to your point, sir, I think Wall is a small island.
Speaker 7: Very small island, and about twenty four miles if I recall long, twenty four miles long, about seven miles wide at the least widest place on the island in about twenty about twelve miles wide on the widest part of the island. And I don't know how many square miles that that is.
Speaker 2: Do you happen to know? I don't have that figure withness, or I can certainly supply it to you if you like.
Speaker 7: My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and catchsize.
Speaker 2: We don't anticipate that. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So they're saying Johnson, Hey, wait, what an absolute fool and now he's a stooge for the anti Israel crowd. Congratulations, what an absolute disgrace. The Department of Homeland Security as a brand new website out. You really need to check this out. They call it the worst of the worst web page. So they publicly list criminal illegal aliens arrested under the Trump administration. And this goes back to the caller that I had on the when I was here this past weekend, who was telling me that, well, they you know, ICE is out there rounding up American citizens who haven't done anything. No, no, they're not. They're rounding up individuals who've already had judgments made against them that they need to get the hell out of the country. The site lets the public search hundreds of thousands of cases nationwide, spotlights illegals with serious convictions, including for murder, sexual assault, child molestation, drug trafficking, gang activity. Well, Americans across the country were enjoying their weekends and holiday shopping. ICE law enforcement was hard at work arresting pedophiles and gang members and drug traffickers, said Secretary Assistant DHS Assistant Secretary Aatristiaan McLaughlin. This holiday season, make sure to thank law enforcement for all they do to make America safe again. And the website is DHS. So it's www dot DHS dot gov slash wow, and that'll take it to the arrested, the worst of the worst. And you can scroll down and you get a mug shot. Here's a dude arrested for human smuggling. Another guy arrested for battery, strangulation, domestic abuse of a child. A lot of that going on. Here's the guy I arrested for in New Orleans for forcible rape, aggravated battery. Salt Lake City, Utah. German Oswaldo Cicada arrested for sexual exploitation of a child. These are the people that are being arrested. Look them up for yourself right there on the Department of Homeland Security website, The worst of the worst. Steven west Union, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 1: Are you all right?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Christmas?
Speaker 1: Harry, Christmas and all that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 8: I gotta wonder. You know, when I took the oath for the military, it was I remember a line and it was very distinctive to me. It says, defend against enemies foreign and domestic.
Speaker 1: Foreign and domestic guests. I bet you remember that too, Yes, I do, quite well.
Speaker 8: The thing is that I don't understand with all this crazy lefts going and going off, why does the conservative right. I'm an independent, but I'm conservative, And why do we ignore these things? Why do we stay home? Why don't we defend these things? It annoys me to no end. I mean, I would love to have the authority to find a thug when I ever found one and escort into the police. How come we can't do that? How can we have to wait for the police a very small group to police a whole city. How come we can't police our communities?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I want.
Speaker 1: It's you don't want to cross that line where you're taking along into your own hands.
Speaker 8: I got it. I gotta tell you, Dan, I police my little community here as far as I can reach about six houses in every direction.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's all I can do.
Speaker 8: But how come we can't do that as a conglomerate across our world, our nation?
Speaker 2: How come we can't say, Hey, my neighbor is.
Speaker 8: A thug from somewhere else doing something crappy.
Speaker 2: And you need to come and get him. How can we don't do that?
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to drop if you want to drop time on your neighbor that you think is doing something that he or she shouldn't be doing, you're well within your your your rights to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm can't.
Speaker 1: But you can't go out there. You can't go and entertain them and arrest them yourself. I mean, that's it. It's just part of the civilized society that we have.
Speaker 8: Well, what you know, foreign and domestic, what happened to the citizens are rest.
Speaker 1: Well, as a member of the military, you're taking that oath to defend the country from enemies foreign and domestic. So we but you're you're no longer obliged to that oath. You're not or you're not You're not active duty anymore, are you. Well, I'm retired, retired, and I understand, I understand it never leaves you. But now I I Steve, I understand your frustration. But uh, look, we we can't those things too easily get out of hand. But I understand what you're saying, because trust you.
Speaker 8: Could collar and escort him out of our country, you know, as a nation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's that. Well, that's why, that's why we have people like Ice. That's why we have law enforcement, local and federal, and we have to we have to we have to let them do their job. Let them all right, Absolutely, Steve, I appreciate the phone call brother out in wets Union keeping an eye on the on the houses in his neighborhood. Ken from Mason Hank Johnson is an absolute disgrace. This guy wants to go on a podcast and uh and and uh, you know, exercises bona fides for these the the these pro Palestinian groups who are publicly thanking him for being a strong voice for Palestinian rights. And this guy is a sitting member of Congress who goes out there and talks about how America is the great Satan that I mean that that that really that is just it is beyond disgraceful.
Speaker 9: But Dan, I agree with you one hundred percent. The man should be impeached. These are people that hate America. Did we talked about this starting a couple of years ago. These people do not love America. They do not believe in America. They don't believe in the American dream, they don't believe in capitalism, they don't believe in our way of life. These people are coming to America, they're not assimilating. They want their own own way, you know. And and guys like that need to be impeached. They need to be removed. You know. The Democrats have declared war on us. I hope we understand. They don't agree with anything that Donald Trump does. Nothing, They opposed everything he stands for. You know, you've had many in the last week that have talked about power. That's what these people want, their Marxists. They want complete power. They want to put everybody under their thumb. They want to tell you what to do, when to do, and how to do it. You know, too many Americans are so naive in they don't understand what these people are all about and what they're capable of doing. You know, these people to reality, they're blind. That's what makes them an ideal alogue. They don't want to deal with reality. They don't want to deal with common sense. All they want to deal with is what they think the world should be. And these people are crazy. Jolano mar should be removed from this country, as you know, it's been.
Speaker 1: Keen to her brother.
Speaker 2: You know, that's.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of people questioning now how she goes from a net worth of about sixty grand to an excess of thirty million in the span of just a few short years. And you don't do that just on a congressional salary.
Speaker 9: So there's she's never had a real job. You know, she's never had a real job. She doesn't have a real education. You know, she's a thief, she's a liar, and she's a thief. You know, ninety five percent of some minds are liars, con artists, and thiefs. You know, they were pirateing ships around South Africa for thirty years. You know, that's all the people are. They've got to conclave out there in Saint Paul. They're practicing Sharia law as they're practicing in Michigan and dearborn Sharia law. You know, we got people in Texas trying to practice Sharia law. I hope your listeners didn't understand. Sharia law is one of the worst things ever for women. You know, women have no rights under Sharia law.
Speaker 1: It's horrific. It is absolutely horrific, and a large I would wager that the vast majority, if not almost all, of these young individuals, and especially the women who think it's cool to support candidates like Mandani, who think it's cool to put a heat job on or cool to you know, put on the burka and pretend like you're a Muslim, and you know, talk about how America, like like Hank Johnson says America is the Great Satan. They have absolutely no clue of what goes on when when you have Islam as the dominant force, not not just as a religious force, but as a political force as well.
Speaker 9: Well, what would women what would they do if they knew that in certain situations they can be stoned to death because their husband accuses them of adultery.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they're they're the equivalent. They're the equivalent of cattle. Why they are the equivalent of property to be owned by men. And when you're and you're talking about what goes on in Somalia, the Center for Immigration Studies just put out a report looking at the Somali population in Minnesota, and it's a it's more than seventy five thousand individuals, and they report that in more than half, fifty two percent of the children in the immigrant homes, the Somali immigrant homes in Minnesota live in poverty. Only eight percent of the children in native headed homes are let me see, while only eight percent of the children native head of native headed homes that's they're talking about Americans here, eight percent are in poverty. One in eight children in poverty in Minnesota lives in a Somali immigrant home. Thirty nine percent of the working age Somalis have no high school diploma, compared to just five percent of Native Minnesotas. Among working age adults, Somalis who have lived in the US for more than ten years still cannot speak English very well. Fifty four percent of Somali headed households in Minnesota receive food stamps. Seventy three percent of Somali households have at least one member on Medicaid. Comparative figures for Native households are seven percent and eighteen percent. So they're comparing the Somali population to the native population of Minnesota, and it is in just about every category, and in every category you've got the vast majority live in poverty and are on some sort of government largess.
Speaker 9: And that violates every tenant of our immigration policy to come to America. You come to America because you have something to provide us. We don't want you not to leach off of us. We're not supposed to feed you. We're not supposed to clothe you. We're not supposed to house you. We're not supposed to provide you medical care. These are things that you're supposed to be doing on your own. We're not a babysitter for the world. And that's what they've turned this upside down. In the Simon population, seventy percent of them that vote in are illegal and their votes are counted because Minnesota doesn't require any sort of idea of any kind.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully, hopefully, Ken, all this is going to get exposed and dealt with in a serious way. But for now, we got to run. We got to get to a break. But Ken has always been I appreciate you listen and appreciate you picking up the phone.
Speaker 9: Hi, Dane, have a good.
Speaker 1: One, all right, Ken from Mason, Thank you very much. Eleven twenty five, seven hundred WLW back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW eleven And apparently some bad weather is moving in, so you're out there, be careful. And if if you listened to me on the radio on doing this show, especially during this time slot, and you know that one of the one of the topics that I talk I talk about a lot and did talk about a lot when during the Biden administration was the unaccompanied minor children they came into this country And what an absolute, what an absolute it is going to be on the history of this country. And I came across an article in American Thinkers was written by Kevin Finn, and it just It just sums up the whole history of this quite well, and Kevin Finn writes in the History of American Governance, few chapters will stain the page as darkly as the utter failure of the Biden Harris administration to safeguard unaccompanied migrant children. I must ask this question, if their goal was to intentionally traffic children into sexual slaver re enforced labor, how would their actions have been any different? For four catastrophic years, vulnerable miners poured across the Rio Grande and were funneled into a system riddled with incompetence, willful blindness, and flat out in negligence. A report from the Department of Homeland Securities Office of Inspector General landed like a bomb and exposed a tragedy. The administration lost track of over three hundred and twenty thousand of these children, releasing them to unvetted sponsors without so much as a whisper of accountability. These were terrified kids fleeing poverty or violence, only to vanish in the shadows of sex, trafficking, forced labor, and unimaginable abuse. I must ask this question, why would parents send unaccompanied minor children on a trip across hundreds or thousands of miles, knowing the likelihood that they would be raped, otherwise abused, and forced into slavery. Where were they greasing the skids for chain or were they greasing the skids for chain migration? The human cost defies comprehension. Young girls sixteen years or younger drugged in by alleged brothers or uncles. This was the very definition of the dereliction of duty that prioritized open borders over innocent lives. HHS stripped away rigorous vetting at the onset of Biden's reign of error, opting for phone calls instead of in person checks, permitting non family sponsors many hosting multiple children to whisk away miners. Unchecked addresses provided to ICE were eighty percent wrong or wrong eighty percent of the time incomplete for over thirty one thousand kids or downright fictional. Thirty four children were dumped at two non existent locations by one field office alone. Even worse, a twenty twenty one interagency packed handcuffed information sharing blocked DHS from sponsor biometrics to shield potential criminals from scrutiny. Law enforcement officers likened prying data from HHS to pulling teeth as bureaucrats fretted over deporting sponsors with rap sheets or immigration status because of racism. The result over two hundred and thirty three thousand children unrolled in immigration proceedings are unenrolled, I should say, in immigration proceedings since January of twenty twenty one, plus forty three thousand nose shows in court prime targets for cartels, surging and trafficking. Whistleblowers like Tara Rota, former HHS recruit, exposed the whrror handcuffing kids to traffickers, members of transitional crime organizations, bad bad people. In a final insult, the administration's vaunted safety hotline for these kids ignored sixty five thousand desperate calls from August of twenty twenty three to January of twenty twenty five. Please that span complaints about stale bread to nightly assaults by men in bedrooms. Of course, it was hard to answer all those calls when there was only a single staffer assigned to the task. One boy's unanswered cries for help were finally reviewed after Trump took office and led to his rescue and his sponsor's arrest. As with so many Democrat run operations, fraud was rampant. Over six billion dollars flowed to NGOs like Endeavors and Southwest Key, whose revenues exploded from fifty two million to one point one eight billion in two years, with CEO paid doubling. These nonprofits ninety seven to ninety nine percent federally funded, became enablers, hiring staff without background checks, letting men roam and female dorms, and even staging sexually explicit twerking lessons for teen girls. They shuttled miners to flights like unwitting an unwilling cargo, while eighty percent of sheltered women bore scars of cartel rape en route. Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassly hammered home the point Biden crewe chose where Biden's crew chose speed and optics over safety, releasing twenty four thousand, one hundred kids into high risk, distant relatives or strangers in gang infested motels. His referrals sparked one hundred two investigations and pierced the veil of secrecy. Meanwhile, the Democrats maintained a stunning silence, avoid where outrage should have thundered. No fire speeches for the lost, no needs taken, an emancipation hall, no demand for reform. Instead, they doubled down on the very policies that unleash this nightmare, shielding illegal aliens and the criminal networks that preyed on these innocents. Their compassion rings hollow when it excuses the traffickers and the NGOs, fattening off federal largesse. Even as Grassley's probes exposed the firewall of secrecy, the left blocked bills to protect these children from sexual harm. The left new agenda empathy for invaders and indifference to the victims they devour. The NGOs were the shadowy middlemen in this tragedy, flush with taxpayer dollars, yet entangled in political webs that may explain the hush. From twenty twenty one to twenty twenty four, the federal government funded over ten billion dollars in grants to immigration nonprofits for UAC services, unaccompanied Children's services. Catholic charities alone, and I've talked about Catholic charities before. Catholic charities alone pocketed two billion Lutheran immigration and refugee Services two hundred twenty one million dollars in fiscal year twenty twenty three, and another group, HIAS forty point nine million. The quid pro quo whispers grow louder when you follow the money to campaigns. Open Secrets data shows Catholic charities, affiliated or affiliates and employees donated over one hundred and forty one thousand dollars to the twenty twenty four cycle election cycle. That is ninety five percent to Democrats twenty two three hundred and five across forty blue lawmakers versus a pittance to Republicans. As a Catholic, I'm disgusted and scandalized. Broader Professional Catholic Network skewed ninety nine percent Democrat for a twenty twenty four analysis, fueling packs like Immigrants lists that poured millions in the pro open border candidates. Even obtmptibly neutral groups like US Immigration Fund funneled two hundred and seventy two thousand dollars in twenty twenty four with chunks to Democrat leaders like Hakeem Jeffries, who pocketed or his campaign did pocketed fifteen thousand dollars. This financial symbiosis breeds silence. Lawmakers reliant on NGO lobbying seven hundred and thirty million spent on immigration since two thousand and eight, hesitate to buy at the hand that funds their reelection. Between January of twenty three and April of twenty twenty four, US political campaigns collected around eight point six billion. Democrats, the primary beneficiaries, shield the system that sustains their basis priorities. Republicans grandstand, but lack the votes for reform until now. Children are lost not just to traffickers, but to a political machine greased by grants and gratitude. President Trump and his unyielding board result bar borders are Tom Homan a hercules for our time, slaying the bureaucratic dragons Biden left in his way. Since inauguration Day, Trump's iron fisted enforcement has sealed the border zero releases in seven months, five hundred and seventy nine thousand removals and two point two million total departures, the most secure frontier in history. But the real miracle over sixty two thousand, four hundred missing children Biden's cast offs, ignored and untracked, have been found and freed. Homan's eyes glued to the daily tallies revealed on Fox News, over sixty two thousand children found by the Trump administration, children that weren't even being looked for under the Biden administration. Trump saved over sixty two thousand lives of children, sex trafficking rings, dismantled forced labor camps, raided horrors too vile for the airwaves unearthed on ex Homan hailed the unsung heroes of hhs ICE and the FBI. They will not stop until we run down every lead on every missing child. Trump's no nonsense leadership requires no new laws, just resolve, and border crossings have been slashed to zero, starving the cartels, reclaiming the innocent. This is redemption and action from Biden's abyss of nearly a half million ghosts to Trump's tally of triumphs. Yet the scars linger a grim testament to left to the leftist priorities. As Holman put it, Trump proves daily why he's the greatest president in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: And that.
Speaker 1: Is, if you haven't heard about this, if you don't know anything about it, it's beyond shameful that this could happen in the United States of America and anytime I hear anyone talk about what a great president Joe Biden was or how great Kamala Harris was, this is what I think about, and how they let this happen under their watch, and pray to God that it never happens again. Time for me to go. I'll see you tomorrow night, right back here on the Home of the Reds and the best Bengles coverage seven hundred WLW