Speaker 1: All right, okay, I gotta tell you about something. Here's the deal, cafan. We got money to give away, all right, sweet, and I got to pull up the new keywords because it's eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: I've I've done a really good job so far.
Speaker 3: Here and fifty grand.
Speaker 2: We got a keyword for you.
Speaker 1: The fan is your chance to win twenty five one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Just enter the keyword Liberty.
Speaker 2: That's Liberty at kfan dot.
Speaker 1: Com and good luck cafe dot com.
Speaker 3: Libertyeople, Liberty.
Speaker 2: God, let me just say, I know that we're not here. You know, nobody really here is affiliate with Liberty Mutual. But you know, you guys have their ads on all the time. God dang, they're good at their jingles they do. They are so good at like just pretty little earworms. They get stuck in your head all day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crowd, I'm with you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is Yeah, thanks.
Speaker 5: I can't after liberty, even a statue of liberty.
Speaker 4: It is like, don't you mean liberty? Yeah, that guy, that's a great bit.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: Like that they cast that actor and said, you know what, you look dumb. If you look you're a hot dumb guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna pretend.
Speaker 3: We're gonna we're gonna really up the level of dumbness on.
Speaker 4: Your Yeah, what a gig.
Speaker 2: Those those national spokespeople like the guy from State Farm. What I mean, he's like a huge celebrity.
Speaker 7: Well I think, uh, our guy was close with Flow and she was like on her way out of the business. I think he said, and she went to like that was her last audition and she got it and now she'll make, you know, making generational wealth producer of the What did he say to everyone else before he saw a Flow.
Speaker 3: Got. He's an angry guy, but he gets he gets a job.
Speaker 4: He did, he gets he picked the right person.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you guys, hey, have you do you have an opinion on the Capital One guy?
Speaker 2: Oh? I know a lot of gals that love him.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I know that is.
Speaker 2: See that's the thing.
Speaker 1: So Capital One, God bless him, have been pushing this that this like guy is like some big deal. But there's a large portion, particularly heterosexual men, that have no idea who this guy is?
Speaker 3: Where are we being left out? Always?
Speaker 1: But then there's other women and uh, Tommy and I his group where that is very popular and it's just very funny to be that even said, like, they pushed this notion that he is this viral sensation if you watch their commercials, but nobody.
Speaker 4: Most people don't know him.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't even know what literally talking about.
Speaker 5: I googled him just now and I still don't know who he is. I feel like I've never I feel like I've never seen this guy.
Speaker 7: March madness commercial, Like I've never seen his wells.
Speaker 4: Well, not you, you don't you even know what march Madness is.
Speaker 1: I mean, Max, look at the reddit, like, why are they still trying to make this guy a thing?
Speaker 8: Wow, you're talking about you man who says that you have old uh uh you know you you're trying to be your parents syndrome you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the alternate we were in Vain.
Speaker 7: Those are great, great, especially the first one where the guy goes who reads books about submarines and he pause, he just goes, my dad.
Speaker 4: It's so good. They're all of those are so good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, what are you guys doing when they see all the people working in the yard.
Speaker 4: Hey is this connected to the school.
Speaker 3: We've all seen?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 4: No, it's yeah, commerce I love those.
Speaker 2: Commercial book you can buy like a coffee table book of like all of his little Saints.
Speaker 4: Oh really, yeah, that's brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I love those. They're so good.
Speaker 3: That's goodness for sports because it's brought No, it's time for fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saint. By the way, the Saint Paul Saints are playing at the Field of Dreams a couple of days before the Twins do oh sweet, So you can go in. If you aren't not going down to Twins or maybe they sold out, you can get on down and watch the Saints play there. It should be fun. Huh, let's go say, Saints Baseball dot Com up to you, buddy, go ahead, you got this?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, thank you. Uh, let's see your h max o.
Speaker 7: The Wars rebranded three three new jerseys and they are all sweet, and they re put a new logo on the court.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's about damn time. I mean, they're just gonna be printing money this season. Every fan of the Timberwolves and even just casual watches of Timbers have been asking for this for you now.
Speaker 4: And they look awesome.
Speaker 5: They're kind of like a new spin on the old jerseys, like the classic kind of blue and green colors with the trees on the on the on the trim right there. So it looks awesome and especially the logo in the middle of the court. I mean, they might have the best branding. And they went maybe from the worst branding in the NBA to the best branding in the NBA overnight.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 5: Target Center was packed last night for the for the reveal, so that was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But they look seven tickets they sold. That's awesome.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guy Johnny was there doing his podcast and stuff, so that's that's really cool. Yeah, John's the man, and so I mean, it's awesome. I can't wait till they they could they dropped the merch. Everybody's going to be decked out and those awesome, uh blue and green trees. Man, it's it's a very sweet They look incredible. And I'm not just saying that. I'm a Timberwols fans because the old jerseys were buns.
Speaker 7: Buns, the ones that they read the ones that they wear now are buns.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They were terrible, terrible tear thanks Tom. But now now they got literally some of the best.
Speaker 4: Jerseys in.
Speaker 2: Maxo question for you, Yeah, when do they have to start making actual basketball operation decisions. I mean it's nice that they have new brand. I think it's super sweet. The courts look awesome, but like they can't run it back this with the same group they.
Speaker 5: No, I highly doubt that they're going to And if we've seen anything from Tim Connolly throughout his tenure, here's he's known to take big swings, or he's going to at least try to make some big swings. I would imagine Giannis is still in their sights, although the field has gotten a little bit wider now because I know the Lakers and other teams can offer a little bit more. And then there's always the Oklahoma City thunder looming. They pretty much have the big red button. If they want to go get you, honest, they can go get you honest. They have the best trade package for any NBA superstar. They pretty much have unlimited first round picks over the next five six years or something like that, plus a bunch of players that they can kind of get rid of whenever they want to. So it's I would imagine that Julius Randall, regardless if if they get anything in turn that Julius Randall is probably out of here, and maybe Rudy Gobert as well, if the rumors are are true. But I would assume as soon as the NBA season's over, they're going to start making those calls and making those moves.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I was just catch you guys doing basketball, and I'm we're gonna Jim Gaffigan on a couple of moments, and so I was typing in Jim Gaffigan's name on my phone to look up some you know, I just for questions, and it changed Gaffigan to African. So I asked, if for good questions for Jim African and.
Speaker 2: What they come up with? You don't want to know. First thing.
Speaker 3: It couldn't. It couldn't. It couldn't be more different than Jim Gaffigan if you think about anyway.
Speaker 4: My dad was calling.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, eight forty Jim.
Speaker 2: Let's see all right?
Speaker 4: Sweet Uh.
Speaker 7: The Stanley Cup Final is underway, Zacho. The Knights have a two to one series lead after they won a double overtime over the weekend when the Hurricanes scored four goals in the third period, But that game will be tomorrow. At seven in Las Vegas and you can hear it live on this station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did a good job on ABC of kind of showing the pregame festivities, the big lead up that they do down there, the big show, and then the show on the ice was as good, but almost certainly better. To have that four nothing lead that Vegas had going into the third period. It looked like I was gonna be smooth sailing, but the Hurricanes fought back and an incredible four goal comeback in the third period to tie it up. Force overtime ended up going to double overtime, and the Golden Knights pull away and stop what would have been the craziest comeback victory in Stanley Cup Final history. Again, this is one of the best Stanley Cup Finals ever. I think people are that's on track to be potentially the best Stanley Cup Final ever. So certainly tune in. If you're a sports fan, you're gonna love it. It's great and it's just been a really good time for sports, despite the fact that none of our local teams are playing other than I guess the Twins and the Saints.
Speaker 3: So you know, again we're talking about basketball moment ago. Are you guys rooting for.
Speaker 4: Cat Yes, yeah, yeah, what about you. I've been I'm happy. I'd be happy with the Spurs one too.
Speaker 5: I'm not really tripping, but it's it's such a good story for cat Man, and he's it's it's not like he's just on the team. I mean, he's probably not going to win a jaylen Brun. He could be the NBA Finals MVP. Like he's that important to this team, Like they wouldn't be anywhere near the finals without him. And just his postgame interviews have been just absolutely i mean they're they're they're very touching. Man, He's he's really out there. Uh just he said like he said, he said he feels like a kid. He said, he's out there just doing it for his mom.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: And it's it's such a good story, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, good for him. I mean yeah, I didn't really. I mean, he was at my cup of tea when he was here. He seems like a good dude. But you know, I didn't love his play style all the time. Yeah, but I'm glad that he's found a home in New York.
Speaker 7: The Twins lost to the Royal six five. They are thirty and thirty seven, they've lost four or five. They're off today, but they battled Detroit tomorrow in Detroit at five forty.
Speaker 4: Taj Bradley goes for your twins.
Speaker 3: Go twins, Yeah, let's go, you know, sell the team.
Speaker 4: Tons?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you going for?
Speaker 6: Tons? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, you'll make tons of money and go live in Florida or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they are. I think they already do. You don't have to hold a baseball team hostage while you do it.
Speaker 7: Vikings mandatory mini camps arts tomorrow through Thursdays next week and then that'll be it until training camp.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought they had. I thought they did have scheduled more ot yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: After after next week, there's one more set of OTAs and then they're done. Yeah, if they even do those sometimes sometimes yeah, they cut it short, but I would imagine that they do a day or two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the PA is there today, like we said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, PA is gonna be there today. It's gonna be gret he's gonna have the new general manager and Justin Jefferson as the flag football state championships happening down there. It should be fun good, all right? Well, it sounds like you're done right.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean we've talked about everything. Yeah, the Links have won seven straight there, nine and two. They battle the Wings tomorrow at seven o'clock. And Olivia Miles is an absolute dud.
Speaker 4: He's so good man, so good and.
Speaker 5: Not just a rookie like one of the best players in the WNBA period.
Speaker 4: And Zacho's guy.
Speaker 7: Max Kepler was picked up by the Arizona Diamondbacks. He's eligible to come off the suspension list on June twenty fifth, but he is ineligible for postseason play for being popped for ped he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you have a huge suspension suspension and you can't play. You can't play in the in the playoffs. It's a weird punishment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're just cracking down on it that hard. It was such an issue in twenty five years.
Speaker 2: It was an eighty game suspension.
Speaker 4: Eighty game suspension.
Speaker 2: That's not enough.
Speaker 7: And I think the next one is a season and I think if you get three strikes you're out of the league.
Speaker 2: Oh, that seems harsh. You're gone for half the season and the playoffs. Yeah, but you can play the back half of the season. Yeah, it's bizarre. It is all right, great point.
Speaker 3: We think we might have Jim Daffigan in the next segment find Ice about eight forty and then liber for one more segment as well, and we'll talk about things outside the world of sports. Because we've exhausted sports and we're exhausted with it.
Speaker 2: We're retiring to a CP.
Speaker 3: Yeah you right, my puntry must make.
Speaker 2: Keep listening for the next chance to win your way to our iHeartRadio music.
Speaker 1: That's about We were just at TI not too long ago. We're gonna be a TI again and not too long ago from now. You can join the Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday Bash Treasure Island, November fifth and sixth, Thursday night's comedy show has reached capacity. The weight list is still open and make sure the waitlists. Yeah uh, you can make sure to listen to the Power Trip for your chances to win your way in as well.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Have tickets to give away to that comedy show and then can be there Friday morning. No registration needed for that. Just join us for the live broadcast and another Vegas trip up for grabs. Details at Cafe dot com slash two five.
Speaker 3: Thank you Zacho. That's where it's gonna be fun. I got all kinds of things planning on my computer, so I know what's going on. I want to play guys Madio, but I'm afraid it was coming up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did read an article. By the way, I'm boo of the way the headline read this, Ben Leber. Viking star left tackle Christian Darsol feels like himself again.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes. Darsaw was in and out of the Vikings lineup in twenty twenty five, was never quite a hundred percent. This year will hopefully be different. Almost twenty months removed from the devastating the injury he suffered in October twenty twenty four, Vikings left tackle Christian Darsau is feeling like himself again this offseason.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's that's great news.
Speaker 3: That's great news. And man, do you remember when that happened when we were in I believe LA Is that right, La? When he had the knee problem? Yeah, I mean LA, right, And that was the uh, that was the beginning of the end for that season.
Speaker 2: Yep, it was. And it was sort of a time in the game we were like, he didn't go out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yea, And yeah, I remember him was it the field?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 4: I think it was at the end of the half and they were passing.
Speaker 2: I think. I'm like, we had like I thought it was like twenty seconds left to go in the half or the game or so, it was the half, that's what. Instead of kneeling, Yeah, they decided to try to, you know, get explosive and see if they could just squeeze out a score at the end of the half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, it's the best it's felt in two years. I'm trending in the right direction, full motion. Everything feels great, and I'm watching video of him right now doing drills. He's an enormous human being. And uh, that stance he's got with the left knee kind of you know. Yep, Ben Crooked looks like he's doing fine. Yeah, good, we could use that.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, I'm really I'm really excited to have him back, and then to have Hawkinson back, thank you. I mean the fact that everybody looked at last year as a down year, which it was statistically, but statistically it was a down year for every pass catching person on the team. I mean, look who we had at offensive line, and look who he had throwing the football around. Nobody was going to have a huge year. And everybody also understands that when you come back from a knee injury, just like Darrisaw, it takes even though you're medically cleared to play football, it takes you about eighteen months to two years to get your explosion back, unless you're Adrian Peterson. Unless yeah, unless you're Adrian Peterson. And he's just like he's he's such an anomaly and such an outlier that you can't use as a comparison. So the fact that Hawkinson was able to be out there like, well, that's great, but anybody that's had an ACL recovery knows that, like it's it's one thing to be back, it's another to be like truly one hundred percent back. And now I think that he's going to be one hundred percent back along with Darrisaw, Like that is going to be a huge addition for us. Hell yeah, man, and and and I will say this everybody there's been it's interesting how you look at We all know that Kyler Murray is going to be the starting quarterback, so you look at Kyler and how he he treats his tight ends, and there's this weird contrasting narrative because it's a tale of two different coordinators. When he was when he was with Cliff Kingsbury, you could make the argument that he did not love his tight ends. I mean I mean love, meaning like he didn't forget you know, he didn't throw to them as much. Yeah, because the offense was not set up like that. But then when he was with Drew Petscen, and then you know two years ago when he had he played the full year dude, he was dealing to this tight ends all the time, you know, in a more pro style offense, which is what our offense is more what Petscene's gonna run versus what Cliff Kingsbury runs. So the fact that you know some people out there like, well he doesn't throw to his tight ends, well yeah he does when the when he plays the offense like a pro style offense. So I'm really excited to see what the connection between Kyler and Hawkinson, especially with just like the move the chain situations when it might look a lot like Kelsey does in the last couple of years, where he's not going to be this explosive down the same type of stretch tight end. It'll be on those chain moving plays where maybe Kyler's got to break outside of the pocket and and Hawk is so quick in some of those basketball moves that he's going to gain that separation. It might be for seven yards eight yards a clip, but it's going to move the chains.
Speaker 3: I can't remember his name right now, Ben, our new third receiver is going to be kind of a tight end too, right, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Juwan's I think I think Juwan is going to be. And the thing is, you know, he's he's got the whole nickname, even from from the Niners days and third and Jean.
Speaker 4: He's reading something else, he's watching that video.
Speaker 2: It could be it might be third and Juwan in big Nuts might be like, you know, right right there with it. Yeah. So I'm sure that they're going to look at him in that capacity because that's what he's known for. But I do think that his play style mimics more of a more of a hybrid tight end than more of a than like a true number two, number three receiver.
Speaker 3: I was also reading a different article talking about three Minnesota Vikings who deserve or are candidates for a Viking contract extension this year. Before twenty twenty six begins Blake Cashman, Andrew Van Ginkel and Brian O'Neil, and all three of them deserve to stay and more money, wouldn't you agree.
Speaker 2: I think O'Neill is the question mark just because of age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's thirty one. And how about this though, Ben, You know, when I think of him, I think of I know this is unfair, but I don't know why it is. The first thing he came in my I was like, is he often injured? One hundred and twenty four out of one hundred and thirty three games. Yeah, he's played most his entire career.
Speaker 2: He's been pretty rock star and rock solid. Yeah, he's been really concerned.
Speaker 4: Popped his achilles one year though, But was it at the end of.
Speaker 2: That Green Bay on an interception, wasn't it? I think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he was. He was running, I mean, which you know, to his credit, he's an effort guy. Yeah, was not going to he was not going to catch the guy, I don't think at all. But he was given his effort and then he pops his achilles changing directions. So yeah, I think that would be the You know, I think, you know, Cashman's another interesting guy, just because you talk about being available on the field. I mean, he's a guy that's historically, through his whole career been a little injured, and it's it sucks because I think he's a super talented player and when he's out there, he's ultra impactive. If that's even a.
Speaker 3: Word it is now.
Speaker 2: It is impactful. So you know, I think you've got to be really careful about some of these extensions because you know what he's worth when he's on the field. Yeah, he's due for a healthy extension. It's just can you how much can you have that? Of that money? Can you guarantee?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He is.
Speaker 3: Last year one hundred and twelve tackles, four point five secs, thirty one pressures and eight passes defended in fourteen games.
Speaker 2: He had a great twenty two. He had a stellar year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry I missed that. I misread that. One hundred and forty four tackles and in thirteen games, so even more than i'd said. So, oh, that's Jim Gaffigan Collin. I think how about that, Ben, You get to ask Ben Jim gaff a question? Exciting?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Max is talking to him, right now, man, does he not know?
Speaker 2: And my guess is that wasn't actually Jim. That was not Jim, it's dust.
Speaker 3: It was John Gaffigan, y agent. Ugly enough, that was Jim African who happens to be his handler. And then the most ironic thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't understand a word.
Speaker 3: In ten minutes. That's awesome.
Speaker 7: Man, Hey, can I ask you one quick football question? Man, Let's say, as you you mentioned that Kyler Murray is your starter, and uh, let's say we get down the road here and they're like, you know what, Carson Wentz is our backup.
Speaker 2: I'm just making this up as I go.
Speaker 7: What do you think you could get for J. J. McCarthy on the trade market.
Speaker 3: You're just talking, aren't you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're just talking about people.
Speaker 2: I think I think third rounder would feel really good. My guess is fourth round is probably more accurate. Probably, But again, it all just depends on team need and situation. If it comes down to, you know, we're in the second week of training camp and you know some team is because of injury, really needs somebody, and maybe not for this year, but like, oh boy, we need a what we think is a competent backup. They might give up a fourth round reform or a third round reform. But I think if you're just again willy nilly at the end of a training camp and you're like, listen, we just we just need to move on, and you know, Carson is going to be our backup, and we just don't want to deal with JJ as the third quarterback and kind of what that would cause potentially in the locker room. Then you and if you feel like you have to give them away and you're making the phone calls, I mean, obviously you don't hold the cards. You don't have the negotiation power if you're making the phone calls versus people calling you. So I think whatever situation that they can create to where their phone is ringing, the Vikings phone is ringing, then I think we can get a third round or for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's very well said.
Speaker 3: Are you are you feeling any way about it right now?
Speaker 6: Ben?
Speaker 3: Do you have anything that as you leaning in one direction or another right now regarding whether or not these three quarterbacks are on our roster at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: I mean, your guys is interview with Pela Sera kind of says it all Man. I mean, that's that is the that has been the turning point in my in my narrative and the way I look at this and projecting how this may go. And you know, Tom Is he's one of the best, if not the best NFL national reporter in the league. And we all know that. We all know that he has ties the Minnesota Vikings, and he just doesn't throw stuff out there like that just just for fun.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't jeopardize his relationship with the Vikings. He wouldn't. He doesn't do that. And so for him to sort of just drop that little hint, that little nugget, makes me think that there's a there's a little smoke there, you know, And if there's a little smoke there, what's that going to turn into? Not to say that it can't be you know, put out and that flame be put out, and not to say that things can't be mended and fixed. And who knows if this competition, whether it's real or not. If if JJ really is progressing on the field and he starts turning the heads again and it's like a true competition, then then I think he sticks around. But it's I think it's something to watch for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Tom has done a complete one eighty on it, because a month ago he would go on Rich Eysen and all these shows and say it's one hundred percent take competition. He would always say that, and then now it comes on with us and it just says, you know, they're probably gonna name their starter sooner than later. You're not gonna be able to as we've talked about for a couple of months now, you can hide it in practice when there's no media there. We all for all we know Kyler's taking ninety percent of the first team snaps. But you can't hide it during training camp, and you can't hide it once we get closer to the season and they're gonna have to name a starter. So I think the one by Tom is very interesting, interesting, as.
Speaker 2: You say, if they and to your point to everything becoming more public once training camp starts, if the Vikings feel pressured in a way to name a starter just because just because it might be open and obvious, right, whether the fans are there or the beat writers are there, If if they're recognizing that to your to what you're saying that Kyler's getting ninety percent of the first team reps and they are asked the question over and over again. They might be they might have to just say like, yeah, k Kyler's our guy for right now, and then and then becomes well, how does JJ react to that? You know it is to me, I think with what Pellissaro said to me, it's going to be more about not whether or not JJ's taking the necessary steps on the field, because it's sounds like that's already happening. They it sounds like he is already understanding the nuances of playing in the system much more than he did last year, which is all very encouraging. But where he has to make some strides is how does he handle the emotional part of this? How does he handle the psychological part of this? Where the team now is leaning towards twenty twenty six being Kyler Murray's team, and you're gonna have to take a back seat, now is that back? Are you a passenger in this as quarterback number two or you truly sitting in the back seat behind Carson Wentz. If that's the case, how does he maturely handle that? And if that becomes a problem, well, then we'll go back to what peli Sara was saying and say like, well, maybe they have to like see what they can do to get him out of here and get a fresh start with everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because eventually, as we talked about this with Perrish, the second and third line guys have to take a back.
Speaker 4: Seat to the starters.
Speaker 7: The starters once we get closer to an actual game plan, there aren't reps for the second and especially the third string guy.
Speaker 2: No, you're a scout team quarterback at that point in time. And you know, the crazy part about this is that we all know that look at Kyler's injury history, so you know that the backup quarterback is going to get some reps during the regular season. It's almost like a guarantee that it might just be a game, but it could be several games where he's going to be out of the lineup. And if you forecast this thing going forward, if Kyler plays really, really well, do you want to invest a three year, one hundred and twenty million dollar deal in another in a quarterback? I don't know. I mean, it all depends on how they feel about letting Sam Darnold go and how they feel about the way that he performed in this offense and the way that his leadership was in the locker room. Can he be the true franchise for the next three years after that? If they decide they don't want to go ahead with this giant contract, well then guess what, JJ, You're gonna have another opportunity to take over this team. So how you handle your business in the next month or two really really is going to determine your fate for the next possibly two or three years with the Vikings. So if he can just play this, play this nice and competitive and still be a leader in the locker room and handle this with grace and composure, then he's going to get his opportunities.
Speaker 9: He's just going to stick with it. Well said, Yeah, you said that. Well, yeah, that was very well said. Yeah, this is what makes the NFL the best. It's the best league in the world. Opera in town ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and now we got Jacobe Brissett, who the Arizona Cardinals have mandatory mini camp.
Speaker 4: He wants a new deal. He might not show up today. It's great. I love every second that I guess to go love you him.
Speaker 3: You said, Hi, Okay, yeah, please do say that he does. I will tell them that you love it. I'll tell him, Yeah, will you be here on Thursday? I will be here Thursday and then and then, Saucy, you're correct. Next week starts my new schedule with UH with Twin City's lives, So we're changing our phone call in the morning, so I will be all the way from seven to nine. Do you have a question that you would like us to ask, mister Gavin.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to know about that Troop zero, just like any I know it was years ago, in twenty nineteen, but I just like it was such an endearing movie. It's a feel good movie, and just like any any memories that kind of pop up from making that movie with all those kids, because it's terrible. The whole cast is a bunch of kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he actually just called. He's not calling anything.
Speaker 3: He's sick of being asked questions like that is what I said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's worst moment. He doesn't want to talk about it. Yeap loving his money, well exactly.
Speaker 3: There he goes, there, he goes, that's that's the.
Speaker 10: Love you Ben looking Ben over there? Look at him hard not to what is hard not to remember when you told them he looked great? And then he basically wanted you to tell me look terrible because he's into that.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought he looked great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he likes to be treated poorly.
Speaker 3: He's gonna go lift weights right now because he feels bad about himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: According to this? By the way, I'm Jimkin is still a regular commentator on CBS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want. I can't wait to ask. I think he's calling.
Speaker 3: Oh, good, there he is.
Speaker 4: I'm so nervous.
Speaker 2: Are you nervous?
Speaker 3: I'm so nervous.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm nervous. We've talked to him.
Speaker 3: I know it doesn't matter. He's a big star, and I don't I want to be like me.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes you. It's hard.
Speaker 4: Not everybody red it hates you. Hates everybody likes you.
Speaker 2: Papa, he better, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Better. Oh, he's not there yet. Okay, Okay, he's not there. He's running late.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: God, those are the worst words you want to hear in high school, you know what I mean, Christopher, I don't know when he said that. That's the first thing that popped it in my mind.
Speaker 2: My life school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Am I right?
Speaker 2: You need.
Speaker 4: Stop, you need to go to this.
Speaker 1: That's not fair that we put them in the stem.
Speaker 7: Saying that's what I mean, ladies gonna now it's time for up why presented by all around?
Speaker 2: All around?
Speaker 4: We get it done?
Speaker 6: To do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is didn't you used to do that one? Hawk? Which one did you do that?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 4: Cours cold there was.
Speaker 7: I ran into our guy Kevin yesterday, Yes, Saturday, ran into him. Great dude, he's bringing us more stuff from Coburn.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: Those nutty donuts, yes, yes, are my jam those things you.
Speaker 4: Ate him in front of people. That's how good they are.
Speaker 3: I don't like nuts unless they're on nutty donuts. I don't like nuts that I cannot lie listen, uh you sweet sweet sluts. I have some things. Can I throw some things out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Of course.
Speaker 3: Sleeve specialists are weighing in. It's summertime and the living easy longer days of summer can cut into your sleep.
Speaker 11: Psychology Today says it's not just about clean sheet night, it's the color of the sheet that can make a difference. So say the goal is to boost relaxation and improve sleep. Get sheets that are blue, They say, our brains are wired to be sensitive to the color blue, and it quiets the mind and helps you get to sleep faster. But if you want to stay up sleep on red sheets? Is that color stimulates the brain and turns off sleep. But why would you want to do that? I'm pretending we.
Speaker 3: Look for the news, not opinions.
Speaker 2: Good quiet, don't care stick to news.
Speaker 3: My sheets all end up brown and yellow no matter what.
Speaker 2: Can I ask why you need?
Speaker 6: You can?
Speaker 3: But you don't want to know that.
Speaker 4: You do know the end?
Speaker 3: I mean, think about it before you ask the questions.
Speaker 6: The point.
Speaker 3: Blue? Huh?
Speaker 4: Blue?
Speaker 2: I think mine are.
Speaker 3: It's weird because I sleep with my eyes closed. Yeah, I can't imagine the color my sheets are going to chain how well I sleep? But I'm not a sleep expert like Brie.
Speaker 4: Man fresh sheets sheets.
Speaker 7: I'm with you, though, brother or a plus Yeah, well you're a hockey you like a fresh sheet?
Speaker 4: Who doesn't though, Yeah, there's the best.
Speaker 3: It's only second too, you know, as far as it makes you feel like, you're just like, wow, that was a good you know what I mean? That's about it?
Speaker 4: Am I wrong?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: After a good noose?
Speaker 3: You're like my god, the sky is blue or like my sheets?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Yeah, you're not wrong, You're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Where's a good deuce on your list? I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: Obviously I was expected to be talking to Jim Gaffigan.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, uh Surewin Williams has named its loneliest color.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god, and it's the one that's rarely purchased. What color put your own? Well, here's those you maybe.
Speaker 2: Watching.
Speaker 7: For those of you who are just watching or just tuning in, this is where the tenth hour of his ten hour energies chime in right about now.
Speaker 4: Emily, He's got a ton to do after the show, so he's getting the energy.
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 4: What color do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Was I wrong?
Speaker 2: It's not?
Speaker 7: You're close off beat green because it looks like broccoli an asparagus soup? Which who eats asparagus soup?
Speaker 3: People who don't care?
Speaker 2: Lady?
Speaker 4: How how old did you get there? Please call Jim? Call or can p a start? That's like, no, that's the smell of your pea? What are you into? Let's see you true? No care about lady? Your lady? Folks? Oh it's are you a prospector?
Speaker 3: I've been listening too much Shelby Foot.
Speaker 4: Yeah you have.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we're gonna talk to him. I'm so nervous. Here we go, perfect, okay, good, all right? Can you punch him up?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, He's gonna punch him up. And I got this. Guys here, get right?
Speaker 2: Is he there?
Speaker 3: Okay? Ladisten, gentlemen, Hey, Jim Gaffigan, how are you, sir?
Speaker 6: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, absolutely so, Jim Gaffigan. The Ledge Theater, Waite Park, Minnesota. Here coming up on July nineteenth, the Sunday night at seven thirty. I don't want to be your average morning show radio interview where there's yucks and all that stuff and they make fools in themselves. So we're gonna try to ask some high brow questions to you. Jim Gaffigan, thank you for calling the Power Trip Morning Show. My first high brow question to you is it's an outdoor concert at a beautiful, beautiful facility. You're just south side of Saint Cloud, Minnesota. Is it harder or different to do comedy outdoors?
Speaker 6: Well, it can definitely be a challenge, but sometimes I think if it's the beautiful environment, people are almost respectful of that. You know, it also depends. I mean, you know, my audience is not like the type that you know. It's not you know, a messy tailgate. It's like people might have some drinks, but no one's going to be wasted, you know what I mean. And I do kind of clean comedy, so it's not like you know, a grateful dead concert, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, Jim, what's the biggest outdoor venue you've done?
Speaker 6: Well? I did the Minnesota State Fair and I think that was like ten thousand people, so that was pretty huge. But I also did I did this insane thing University of Florida. It was called Gator Graul, like they did for homecoming, and I think it's like their stadium, which was like they literally did a homecoming rally in their stadium and it was, you know, twenty five thousand people.
Speaker 4: It was insane.
Speaker 2: Wow, Jim.
Speaker 5: A couple of years ago on SNL, you did a bunch of impressions of our Governor Tim Walls, and he's kind of seems a little bit more like straight laced than some other politicians that you might do impressions for. Was that like a challenge? How did you prepare for? You know, impersonating Tim Walls.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I'm Midwestern too, so I'm from Indiana, And honestly, I when I did Governor Walls, I was more or less just throwing an impression on my brother Mitch in some ways because Governor Walls it felt familiar in watching him and his men, isn't And so you know, once you're Midwestern, you're always Midwestern. I guess, so it wasn't. There wasn't that much of a stretch. And I'm a whitebread guy, so I kind of look like him anyway.
Speaker 1: You know, talk with Jim Gaffigan coming to the ledge Amphitheater in Waite Park and Jim considering some of your material, feels like wait Park would be a perfect place to do a show and.
Speaker 2: For your for your comedy show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, you know, I mean the only predicament about being outside is like I do get sunburned walking to cars, you know, Like I'm like one of those guys that if I drive around with the window down that my arm will get sunburned. So I mean that is a concern. But I do think that tickets to the show would be a great Father's day president. You could also get your dad father time Bourbon. I have my own bourbon because and if you know, you've got a dad that enjoys bourbon, or you know, showing that enjoys bourbon, Father Tom Bourbon, which is mainly available online, would be a good gift. But yeah, no, I'm excited. I mean it's like these beautiful summer venues, you know, they have them throughout the country, and typically it's really a super an amazing night. It's usually beautiful. And you know, as we know, you know, Minnesota in the summer, it's like so amazing, you know, the Midwest, like we kind of earn these couple of months.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, no doubt about it again. Jim Gaffkin, it's the weight Amphitheater, the alleged Wade Park Amphitheaters, July nineteenth, seventy seven, thirty start. I read it, and you know it's the Internet, so I never know what's real, but I'm just going to.
Speaker 6: Go with it.
Speaker 3: I saw that from time to time your son opens for you on the road. As as a father myself, I'm more nervous anytime either of my kids does anything that I am when I do anything. Is it hard to watch your son go out and do stand up knowing the pitfalls of being a stand up comedy comedian.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, no, it's it's and my son had done he did the Minnesota State Fair, you know, so it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, as any parent knows. You know, I've got five kids, so it's you know, the amount of stress is enormous. And yeah, it's pretty. It's a it's a really you know, a student observation because I'm more nervous. I'm definitely more nervous for him than I am for me. But he's also you know, somebody who's so rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jim Gaffkin has passed.
Speaker 2: He was so nervous.
Speaker 4: He painted, Yes, okay, I wonder if.
Speaker 3: That like the head of a certain time limit. We got with him and they just turned off the phone when you're done.
Speaker 1: When you answered, the phone was like the call, I mean, going from a correctional facility.
Speaker 2: Do you accept those charges?
Speaker 4: Jim?
Speaker 7: I have to be the first to report this, but we lost It was five minutes, it was, and that's it, yep, because he was on hold for about thirty and at about five forty one it clicked off.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's why we.
Speaker 3: Don't do those interviews. Yes, you know, they do keep you on it, but you know, I'm so glad to get him.
Speaker 4: And he answered my question.
Speaker 3: He said it was a good question.
Speaker 2: He said it was.
Speaker 3: That's very yeah, because my next question had to do with his boobs, so I think that was the Lord.
Speaker 4: How quickly can you and Max find a meeting today?
Speaker 6: Bye? Jim? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, real, that was interesting, that's how And Lady's super funny that you just.
Speaker 3: Saw how it happens in radio right there, Like they give you five minutes, you get five minutes and nothing.
Speaker 4: If you go over at they shoot too. Yeah, poor Jim died.
Speaker 3: He's gone. Oh that's great man, It's good to talk to him again. July nineteenth, seven thirty on a Sunday. What a great night, great Sunday night to go to Wade Park to see Jim Gaffigan. Tickets are available right now. You better get him though, because uh, there's a most of these places are sold out or almost sold out.
Speaker 4: I think Tim's calling back.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's tool like we.
Speaker 3: Got it shows over over. Yeah, can tell him we're done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell him we love it.
Speaker 3: Don't even just let it read ghost him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's ghost.
Speaker 2: Max. You can take the hits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're done, Yeah, Max, tell him, yeah, tell him. Show's over. And don't forget.
Speaker 3: PA's got Justin Jefferson and the brand new GM and celebrating the state Football Flag Football championship today down Tco. So true that next stick around, we'll right back. Thank you everybody, Love you, bye, Thank you, Jim Geving your life peace. I already have them.
Speaker 4: Where from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Postman Law.
Speaker 7: Good morning, we have