Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the great American, of course. Right now the Congress is debating, if that's what it's called, whether to have more subsidies or less subsidies for Obamacare that controls about seven or eight percent of the healthcare. The great majority of us have healthcare through our employer, through VA, through Medicare or Medicaid, and we don't have the Obamacare subsidies. What you're going to skyrocket and they're going to be done with in about what about three weeks. People are on the Obamacare were lied to in the beginning by Obama who said that if you like your plan, keep your plan, like your doctor, keep your doctor. But the best part, Obama said would be that premiums will go down on average by twenty five hundred dollars a year and it would reduce the deficit. Now, I hate to go back in time for facts, but that's what Obama promised. It didn't turn out that way, John, and you and I now is a fine American, Beth Kaiser. She's the senior vice president of the West Region for Anthem Blue Crossing Blue Shield, one of the four or five largest insurers in the world. And Beth Kaiser welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: And first of all, why are you doing this?
Speaker 1: Because most of the time insurance company executives hide under the covers.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing this?
Speaker 3: Well, Bill, I'm proud to be with you in Ohio today, and I mean the reason we're doing this is at Anthem, Blue Cross, and Blue Shield. If we don't manage these unaffordable healthcare costs, it will become inaccessible healthcare and we don't want that in Ohio. So we must have a seat at the table with all the other stakeholders to address this.
Speaker 1: It's a big question. Why is it unaffordable? Why are there cost guy rocketing? How come we pay more for insurance, more for medical care than any country in the world and get less results.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Well, I said, there's a lot of factors in there, but the ones that I know to be true for Ohio is we have an aging population, we have increased chronic conditions. You also mentioned and earlier about escalating costs. We have escalating drug prices, we have provider consolidation, we have fraud and abuse, and we have ongoing legislative changes that you mentioned that also can draw that can increase costs.
Speaker 1: Are you in the business of providing good healthcare to Ohioans or in the business and making money?
Speaker 2: Which is it?
Speaker 3: We are in the business of trying to keep Ohioans healthy. That is our mission and our vision is to improve the health of humanity, and specifically they're in Ohio, so that is our mission.
Speaker 1: Are you involved with the Obamacare subsidies? Is that part of what you do? Is the vice president there of Anthem. Are you involved in Obamacare subsidies?
Speaker 4: Were?
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: We're involved in conversations at the local level and at the federal level with these important discussions around subsidies and making sure that individuals stay covered and have access to affordable healthcare.
Speaker 2: Why did the promises of what never happened?
Speaker 3: Well, I wish I could speak to that, but I'm not going to go there. We would, we'd probably be here till Sunday. But what I will say what we're doing about it at Anton, Blue Cross and Blue Shield is we're looking at ways that we can help curb the affordability crisis. And we're doing that through partnerships with our providers, with our legislators, and for example, I'll give you an example of what we're doing in the hospital space with out of network physicians. So in twenty twenty six, we're implementing a policy with our hospital providers and partners that impatient that will curb out of network specialists from using in network.
Speaker 5: Hospitals to build.
Speaker 3: And so you say, well, what will that do if you ask me that bill, What that will do is that will actually encourage those out of network specialists to come.
Speaker 5: In network and will help lure the cost. So that's good for our members, that's good for employers, that's good for all.
Speaker 1: We saw an editorial in the Inquirer a few days ago from a doctor who spends He said, he's discussed with the whole medical care industry. This is from a doctor, and I know doctor friends of mine that have quit in their sixties. They said they can't take it anymore because they spend more time on paperwork than on meeting with patients, and they have large numbers of people in their offices who deal with paperwork with insurance companies and not with healthcare. How would you respond to that charge from the physicians themselves that they spend too much time on paperwork and not healthcare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's where Bill, I mean, we all talk about AI and the future and what data allows us to do, and that's where I think the opportunity to be more efficient with our hospitals in the way that we share that data. And there's so much technology that's improving and reducing the administrative burden that you mentioned owned providers, and we're bringing that in many cases to those relationships, and it's important because we do want doctors to be able to work top of license.
Speaker 1: As far as the Medicare for All, which was the cry of Bernie Sanders, that is not something the insurance companies would enjoy.
Speaker 2: I would suspect.
Speaker 1: Do you sense that if this problem is not fixed in the next five to ten years, there will be Medicare for all and in fact, the bills will be sent to the US government with no incentive to hold down the cost at all because it's a pass through, and that insurance companies like yours may be out of business because the middleman, which is the insurance company, will be taken out. I think in Western Europe there aren't too many insurance companies. The building is done by the governments of European countries and then they decide who gets care who doesn't get care. If you go to Canada, I think my Canadian friends tell me, if you want a hip replacement, get in line.
Speaker 2: It might be nine months to a year.
Speaker 1: So in a sense, are you fighting for the survival of insurance companies and not letting the government take over healthcare?
Speaker 3: Well, i'd the privilege bill of working in Europe and seeing how healthcare is handled there, and I'd say we have. I mean, I'm very proud for where we're at.
Speaker 5: And the healthcare, the quality of healthcare that we get delivered.
Speaker 3: So this is an affordability conversation. So I believe it's up to us, and it's not just the payer. It's got to be the provider that's at the table, legislators and employers to make the changes that we need to address.
Speaker 5: Exactly what you were.
Speaker 1: Describing, and Beth describe to the American people living in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, what is the European system? So if my producer Tony Bender needs a hip replacement, he goes to the doctor and stood Guard Germany, and his doctor tells him, Tony Bender, you got.
Speaker 2: To get your hip replaced.
Speaker 1: And then what happens to the hip right now in Cincinnati, my sister.
Speaker 2: Who was at a wedding and.
Speaker 1: Her hip, her hips how we say, became displaced and she saw a doctor that day and the hip was popped back in. She has surgery scheduled next week. If that happened in Stutgart, Germany, what would be what would happen to my sister?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope your sister was having fun before the incident happens.
Speaker 5: But you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: I mean, we have top quality care in the US and we want to keep that. We just got to make it affordable because what would have happened to your sister potentially is she would have had to wait and she would have had to struggle to navigate.
Speaker 5: Inside their system.
Speaker 3: So each system, as I've seen, has its own challenges, But I want to address an anthem. Blue crossfu Shield wants to address the challenges that we're seeing in Ohio, and we want to do that head on.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, am I right to say that if you have a hip replacement, you have a pelvic fracture, you have a broken foot, you have a cancer, you want to get diagnosed for cancer, You need a heart valve, and I want to thank doctor Dean Cariacus for my heart valve that's working well. I got in immediately, got care. Same thing for any person living that has insurance in Ohio. But if you're in the other systems indicate that the government pays, the government sets the rules. And as a consequence, is there greatly delayed care and other developed countries for healthcare that doesn't happen in America?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: I would say in the different countries that I worked in, I saw differences in that, and so I can't speak to each one, but the ones that I saw is there were delays in some care, but there's also much more focused than other some countries owned staying healthy and build. That's something that we've got to talk more about. I think in the past insurers have not been focused. We've been focused on paying claims, make sure we have high quality providers and doing a lot of the administrative task, and we haven't engaged in the whole health conversation. And so that's why I'm proud to be at Anthem Blue CROSSLEU Shield is because we're looking at individuals with whole health and looking at how we keep people in Ohio healthier earlier in life to prevent those issues, the issue of rising costs and for health and.
Speaker 1: Beth Kaiser, there's three aspects of a person. I like to think philosophically. Can you think with me philosophically?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: There's three aspects of a person's being. It's how you perceive yourself. I think I look like Rinaldo. My wife tells me I may not, but she says Christian and Romaldo. I think I look great, I look healthy. That's one aspect. That's how you view yourself now. The second aspect is how other people view you. People may not view me as looking six foot two, one hundred and eighty pounds like Ronaldo.
Speaker 2: That may be.
Speaker 1: And thirdly, reality do you have fixed in your mind? How everach Americans view insurance companies because may I say, Beth, it's not a positive Can you understand, how everage Americans view not just your company, but all the insurance companies. We don't view insurance companies in a positive way. In fact, you're as popular as an ascid. You're as popular as shall I say, trial attorneys. You're as popular as used car dealers. And so do you understand how unpopular insurance companies are.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and that's the reason I think it's important for us to be at the table to make sure all understand what insurance looks like, what it means to be self insured, if you weren't for an employer, that your employers picking up, Like over eighty percent of employers.
Speaker 5: Are self insured.
Speaker 3: So if I ask for in costs five dollars or cost five hundred dollars, that that's important to know that that helps individuals become savvyer consumers of health care. And so we've got to have a voice that's out there addressing this crisis.
Speaker 5: Which is unaffordable healthcare. Are you surprised we won't have access?
Speaker 3: So we talked about access and what that means in other countries.
Speaker 1: If you have twenty five if you have twenty five to thirty million illegals using the healthcare system and pay nothing, does not drive up costs for those of us who pay well.
Speaker 3: I would say, are we going to if we're going back to what I'm not an expert in that, so I think I should stand that apart. But what I will say is that the factors that I called out, including those aging population the chronic conditions, the escalating These are things that you and I can address and we can work on in Ohio. The issues you were just describing, I'm going to lead to the people who are in charge for that. I'm an expert in that.
Speaker 4: Bill I got.
Speaker 2: I got one more big question. Are you ready for a big question?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: I'm watching this morning, Chuck Schumer. Then I'm watching the Republicans speak about healthcare. And if we continue simply the government and the rest of us indirectly paying the healthcare subsidies for the next three years under Obamacare, in other words, keep the same system, keep paying the subsidies. Does that have any impact whatsoever and lowering healthcare cost if we simply keep the same system and pay more for it.
Speaker 2: Can you answer that question?
Speaker 3: So, I would say, what's important to us is to make sure individuals have an off ramp if they're coming off a subsiday, and that individuals our members stay covered in some capacity. And so that's the reason in Ohio we offer a variety of products that allow individuals to have something that they can have access to, and then addressing unaffordability that will allow it to be more affordable for individuals who may be coming off of those subsidies in the future.
Speaker 4: Do you have any questions to work closely with that?
Speaker 2: Do you have any questions for me? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Well no, I was just gonna say, Bill, but you know, one of the things that we have to appreciate is as those individuals come off of subsidies, we do not want our healthcare partners to be for their emergency rooms to be clogged, to be.
Speaker 5: Backed up right.
Speaker 3: We want to have an offer amp that allows those individuals to have access to care, but not the most expensive form of care when it's not needed or warranted.
Speaker 2: Do you have any questions for me?
Speaker 1: I've been asking you questions now, Bill, Sports, Politics, World Capital.
Speaker 5: No, You've had a bunch of great questions.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing I would just like to encourage your viewers and your listeners to go to our website www. Dot Anthem dot com, forward slash Affordability in Ohio and let us know how they feel, as well as access the tools that we have for them and the resources that we have for them there.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you for having the guts. I want to thank you for having the guts to come on.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bill, God bless me.
Speaker 5: I'm a wonderful weekend and happy holidays to you.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, God bless America, Marry Christmas. Beth Kaiser, thank you, thank you all all. Let's continue with more news coming up after my comments. A News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, now, here's the Great American and here we go and broadcast Suprebity. After one o'clock today, we're going to have on the Rob Sanders, Kent County prosecutor had a big win yesterday in a murder case. After two o'clock today we'll be Robert Sherman like in the tank, who's going to report live from Puerto Rico about what's happening in Venezuela and so much more. But until then, for those who closely, I try to get different viewpoints so that you can get a well rounded display of different arguments on important issues. And one of them is medical insurance costs. All of us have a human body, at least those of us who are alive, and all of us have need at some point for medical services of one type or another. And as you get older, you have more need for more medical services. Who's cost our confiscatory, and so I have concerned about where we're headed when it comes to these medical expenses that are skyrocketing. At the end of the day, is going to be government sponsored healthcare, much like the DMV. So Beth Kaiser seems like a well intended woman working for a Blue Cross Blue Shield. She's the executive vice president in charge. Just heard from her. The goal of the insurance companies sold on New York Stock Exchange. The number one goal is to make money. The number one goal is to have a high return to the investors who buy the stock. The number one goal is to double, triple, or quadruple the amount of money you make for the next year. The number one goal is not patient healthcare.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: They want to do both.
Speaker 1: They want to have a great profit on one hand, they also want to have as much care as possible in the other.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: I understand that the whole system is set up in such a way in which insurance companies are motivated to make money and the government is there to more us to play at play the role as the referee, except when they sponsor healthcare, which is like at the VA. So Beth Kaiser is a well intended person, but her goal in life is to make money, and her goal in life is to have a return to the investors.
Speaker 2: Her goal in life is to make her bonus. Her goal in life is dividends.
Speaker 1: That is to make money, which is why thirty to forty percent of health client claims are turned down go through an appellate process.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that. It's not going to work.
Speaker 1: In the best world we could have, the Republicans and the Democrats would get together, not play cheap political games as Chuck Schumer is doing mainly the Democrats, and say how do we keep the system we have, which is the best in the world, and lower the cost of the system. Because every doc I speak to, every hospital I speak to tell me they spend more time on paperwork than they spend often on healthcare, which is what they're in the business of doing.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: The Obamacare subsidies are a perfect example of what should happen, what could happen, but will not happen. The average American once their medical bills paid forthright and pay as little as possible and get the best care imaginable. That is not happening right now in America and is not happening. Guess what anywhere in the world. I try to penter down on the fact that in Europe they have government sponsored healthcare, but to get health care is in many months or many years process. It isn't like in our system you walk into an er and there's a possibility within a week or two you may get care. I use my sister having her hip go out at a wedding at Santex Church all of a sudden, but within six hours it's popped back in functioning and surgery is scheduled to replace the hip. That doesn't happen in Germany or Holland or England, or it doesn't happen that way. So what the arguments about now with the so called Obama healthcare because it has failed miserably, and the news media in this country, bought and paid for by the Democrats, are not going to tell you the truth about Obamacare. It was designed to fail because when government pays the bills, there's no incentive to hold down cost and improve the care. The government is issuing a check to the insurance companies, whether it's United or Anthem or Kaiser, Blue Blue Shield. Their goal in life is to make money, maximized shareholder value Secondarily, if they provide some good benefits along the way, that's good too, right, It doesn't work that way. All the credits will do is to kick the can down the road for three years, double a triple the cost of medical care that will be paid for by the tax prayer with Here's the goal, the long term goal. Mark my words. I may not be with you in five or ten years, but this is what's going to happen. The American people will be so fed up with the medical insurance companies, so fed up with hospital care costs, so fed up with their doctors spending time on paperwork and not healthcare. The American people will say, to hell with all the insurance companies. Get rid of United and Anthem and Kaiser Blue costs, but get rid of all of them and give the responsibility of health and human services to care for We're going to have a one payer system, much like Europe, much like most parts of the world. The government provides you healthcare, the insurance companies are gone, and the cost then will really skyrocket. There'll be no motivation whatsoever to hold down any cost. The government's going to write a check of trillions of dollars every year right now, the cost of health care in America is about one sixth of the entire economy, which is about three trillion dollars a year, largely borne by the insurance companies and by employees working for employers that have eighty percent of the coverage is provided through work, and the employers are motivated to hold down the expenses because, after all, they're paying the bill. When the government pays the bill, there's no incentive to hold down the expense.
Speaker 6: So down the.
Speaker 1: Road, whether it's whether it's phones or whether it's television sets or whatever. When these fancy sets came out about twenty years ago, it was like ten thousand dollars for a set.
Speaker 2: Now it's down there about three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Competition works, and healthcare doesn't work that way.
Speaker 2: And so we're going to have.
Speaker 1: In the next five to ten to fifteen years, the government will seize control of the medical insurance industry, the hospitals, the pharmacies, the medical schools, et cetera. And it'll be a huge enterprise which will provide worse care and less results to the American people. And it's set up to fail. When Chuck Schuman, the Democrats say simply supply three more years of subsidized credits on health insurance. That will incentivize the whole system to charge more because the government's paying the bill. The stock of insurance companies have gone up three hundred percent, and the amount of care to average Americans has gone down. You're in the network, you're out of the network. Remember the remember Obama standing up, You like your doctor and keep your doctor, like your like your plan, keep your plan. Insurance premiums down twenty five hundred dollars a year on average, and it's going to reduce the deficit.
Speaker 2: Of course it didn't. It lied.
Speaker 1: All Obama did during his presidency was basically lie. And now the chickens have come home to roost about ten or fifteen years later, and the pass through to the government by insurance companies has caused a three hundred percent increase in the bills. And now who's going to pay the bill or The Democrats want to convince you that they have the solution. So when the election takes place in the midterm, they want to ride this horse all the way to electoral victory and the government will seize more control of your healthcare, providing less care less efficiency out of higher cost, which is the way things always work when the government's involved. And so Democrats say, well, let's pay all the cost of this eight percent of the population on Obamacare. Let's pay all the cost and we'll just simply pass it on to the American people and the former increased taxes. And the Republicans say, now, wait a minute, can we bring into the same forces that will hold down the expenses of gasoline and television sets and clothing and food, bring those same systems in place to healthcare going up ten to fifteen percent every year. And the Democrats won't let them do it. And most of the American people that involves you and me, say to each other, you know what, we don't fully understand this. We don't use the healthcare system until it's an emergency or a crisis, don't use until someone gets old. So what we're going to do is turn over to the government the ability of determining who gets operations, who doesn't, who can see a doctor who doesn't. When I ask Beth Kaiser, isn't it true that of twenty to thirty million legals use the healthcare system and pay nothing for it. That's going to drive up expenses, drive up costs. She didn't answer the question when I said to her that, you know what if we simply extend the Obamacare subsistance and credits for three more years without affecting whatsoever the actual cost of the medical care.
Speaker 2: Isn't that a bad idea? She couldn't answer the question. That's not.
Speaker 1: Her goal in life is to return shareholder value, and your goal in life is to get good medical care at a reasonable cost.
Speaker 2: And the two shall ever meet. So that's where we are.
Speaker 1: Beth Kaiser, I'm sure as an ice lady, and she had her pat answers for any question I asked, it was right there, try it, and she understands that. As far as the most despicable persons in America, at the bottom of the list are insurance companies, lawyers and use carson and politicians. I think the approval rating of the Democrats in the Congress is eight percent and approval ratings of the Republicans are twelve percent. You can't get ninety percent of people to agree on anything. But we know we don't like medical insurance companies, we don't like lawyers, we don't like used car dealers, and we shure us out. Don't like government officials who will use this opportunity. Never let a crisis go to waste. Just seize more control of the American economy. Long term, that'll be a disaster. But of course, having thirty million people use the medical system and pay nothing into it is going to rise the cost of those who do pay.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense to you? Now, let's continue. We never stop, We simply continue.
Speaker 1: But I give Beth Kaiser credit for coming on, and she spoke from a perspective of Blue Cross Blue Shield, and the interests of Blue Cross and Blue Shield financially are not necessarily the interest of individual Americans who need healthcare. Let's continue, and coming up after one o'clock will be the Great rob Sanders. After two o'clock is Robert Sherman of News Nation live from Puerto Rico about Venezuela, all on News Radio seven hundred WLWY. Billy Cunningham, the Great America. After two o'clock today will be Robert Sherman reporting live from Puerto Rico about Venezuela. But until then, Hamny County, I'm sorry, Kent County has just talked to Joe Eaters off the air. Kenton County Prosecutor Rob Sanders is joining us now, and Rob first of all, Joe Eaters call it in. I talked to him off the air. Wants to wish you and yours and merry Christmas and the happy New Year. How about that from Justice Joe.
Speaker 6: That's fantastic, Willie. I haven't talked to Joe in a few days here, but you know, it's it's been nice. I've had Joe kind of vanished off the face of the Europe. He did a little while there when he first hit the bench, but he's come back around and he's given me a shout a few times here. Recently. We've had a lot of interest in things going on, things in the news. So it's nice to be back in his company and catch up with him and laugh and cry and debate and carry on about all things news and politics and family and everything else that Joe and I talk about. So I'm glad he's catching up with you as well. But by all means, Merry Christmas to the Beaters family.
Speaker 1: You know we have great breakfasts together. And I'll say this, Justice Joe is Sharon Kennedy, the Chief Justice, tells Joe know your role and shut your mouth and up until recently, Joe Eaters has known his role in the black robe, and he shut his mouth at some point, though he may come out. Is there a justice Rob Sanders down the road.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Maybe if I get to be as old as Joe is someday, if I live that long, Willie, my patience will grow. But right now I have a really hard time listening to other lawyers try cases. You know, I'm a horrible supervisor when it comes to watching my attorneys trycases because I don't like to be in the courtroom. I get too too cranky and two, I don't know, nervous isn't really the right word. I just want to jump in and do the case myself. So I know I dropped my assistance crazy. Sometimes when I'm in the courtroom, I just don't you know, I have a hard time to listen to the defense attorneys do their cases. I just wanted to shut up, sit down, let's get this thing moving. So I don't know that I have the patience to ever wear a black robe. I have great respect for the people to do, but I've never been Patience has never been one of my assets. Willie, and I don't know that I've got the temperament to be a patient judge like Justice Jill.
Speaker 1: Well, when you get as old as Joe me, you might. But Sharon Kennedy, the chief, sent him a big note in black letters, know your role and shut your mouth. And Joe has said, yes.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna guess and say, given Joe's beautiful bride and her temperament, that's probably not the first woman to tell Joe that.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he probably come, you know, accustomed to it, and so I'm sure he took it in strat Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we're gonna talk Mario Pain in a moment. I'm watching CNN, MSNBC, Breitbart. I'm watching Fox News and I'm watching the hearing for the fired Michigan football coach, Sharon Moore, and I'm looking at him, and it's coming out now that the University of Michigan knew for months that he was stalking a Michigan employee working for him as executive director of the head football coach. They knew that Page was being victimized by their head football coach. And this guy was making five last year, he made eight million dollars for bonuses. Sharon more likely to make eight million dollars this year. And now he's sitting in a holding cell, having threatened to kill and a commit suicide break into the homes of Michigan employees. I can't recall someone who's gone from a year ago beating the Buckeyes at Ohio Stadium, taking the place of Harball who went on the NFL fame, I guess. And now he's sitting in a holding cell with a look in his eyes saying, what in the hell is going on around this place? And now the University of Michigan, which has ten or eleven assistant coaches, all of which have been disciplined, the school's on probation for all the shooting they had done in the past. Now they're head football coaches in a white black uniform, sitting in a holding cell, nodding his head, having threatened to kill, breaking the homes. And this is the football coach of the University of Michigan. The maze in the blue. What do you think about that?
Speaker 6: Well, Willly, it's just going to show you how crazy intense the Ohio State Michigan rivalry is. And I'm not a Michigan or an Ohio State fan, Frankly, I think anybody who's not a fan of either one of those programs just gets annoyed with the both of them. That's the category I fall into. But if Michigan was truly covering this up, yes until after the Ohio State game, Yes they didn't have to traction try and betoate. That's just sick. Oh He's domestic violence is nothing to screw around with. And it's you know, it's I hate to even make jokes in the same segment here about Ohio State and Michigan that we're going to move into domestic violence because the murder tribe and dealing with all week was filled with domestic violence. And if this coach really was doing the kind of things he's being accused of now, then shame on him and he deserves whatever he gets, and shame on the University of Michigan. And if that's true, they ought to end up stroking a big check to this lady to compensate her for the hell that this coach has put her through. That they didn't put a stop to or call the police or do whatever they had to do because God forbid it mess up their rivalry.
Speaker 1: Gain day thought they got their high state game coming up a couple of days after Thanksgimming, so they had to keep the lid on. The AD's got to go. Whoever knew about it's got to go. I guess this woman's life hung in the balance, and she's talking the crap out of her and had a baby. I think he paid for the abortion. So in addition everything he did, he killed his own born baby through paying for it. And page is pages in therapy. And Paige was a girlfriend of his wife. He's thirty nine years old with three little girls. But the Kelly More is the wife been married for ten years of the head football coach you're on, and she is a girlfriend of the paramore.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that one?
Speaker 6: Well, Willie to find out that the University of Michigan really was sandbag and dragging their feet on doing something about criminal behavior on behalf of their football coach just so they could get through the Missivalry game. I don't think Michigan was ever going to make the playoffs or get a bowl game or anything like that. But if they really were not going to the police and trying to cover this up just so they could beat Ohio State, then they ought to suspend the entire dang football team, because that's just inexcusable behavior under any circumstance to put a victim of domestic violence through even more violence and more trauma just for a football game. I'm the biggest football fan. It's anybody that's no joking matter, that's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the DV, I mean, I mean this Michigan football out to get the death penalty.
Speaker 2: The NCAA will yeah, death penalty.
Speaker 6: Death.
Speaker 1: Let let's talk about Mario Paine talking about DV. Explain what happened. You had a successful outcome. By the way, on my birthday, December the eleventh, yesterday, talk to me about Mario Paine. Tell the American people about him.
Speaker 6: Well, Willie, Happy birthday, by the way. I'm sorry that I missed it. I'm sure it was a big show yesterday. Everybody's being a Happy birthday's to you. And I know what I told you earlier the week that this Mario Payne trial was likely to run through your birthday. So unfortunately I wasn't available yesterday for the big celebration. But happy birthday. I celebrated by convicting Mario Paine of murder and convincing the jury and they agreed that he deserves a life sentence for the murder of a young lady named Kiera Lane, who was only twenty five years old back on January sixth, twenty twenty four, when Mario Pain gunned her down. This is a young woman that had been engaged in a relationship with mister Pain, despite the fact that he was apparently engaged in multiple relationships with multiple women had kids with multiple women. But when Kiara Laine realized that she was just being toyed with by Mario Pain and he wasn't interested in a long standing relationship with her being a husband and a father to their two children like he should have been, she broke things off. She got a new boyfriend. Well sad thing is the moment that Miss Lane posted a photo of herself and this new boyfriend to social media. Mario Pain apparently lost his mind and started blowing up her phone, demanding to know where she was, who she was with, what she was doing. She had to silence her phone through the night because he had called her so many times, according to the witnesses a trial. But the next day he changed his tactics. He called her and said I want to visit my kids, and Kiara wasn't the kind of mother to keep the children away from their father, no matter how big of a pain in the backside he was to her, so she agreed to meet him in a Kroger. But when they got the Kroger in Latonia, mister Payne changed his tune and said, no, I want to keep the kids overnight. So she said, well, I didn't pack an overnight bag or a diaper bag for the baby. Said we've got to go back to my house and get that stuff, and they did, and when they got back there, he started trying to talk himself inside. She wouldn't let him inside, and she says, I'm not interested in this. I've moved on. I've got a new boyfriend. And when she went to literally close the front door of her house and closed the door on their relationship, mister Payne produced a three eighty caliber handgun and shot her four times at point blank range. This was in front of numerous members of miss Lane's family, all who were over at her residence at the time of her killing, and he killed her right in front of her little sister and with an earshot of a number of different family members who were just up the stairs and came running down to find Caroline taking her last breaths just inside the front doorway of her RESI. Mister Payne fled the scene and Covington police put out. You know, it was all hands on deck. Every detective in the crime bureau got called out. They investigated the case. Detective Jim Lindeman got an arrest warrant for mister Payne and he was found five days later down in Louisville, Kentucky, and police down there arrested him, shipped him back to us. Took us two years, almost two years to get him to trial because mister Payne was feigning mental illness and claimed he wasn't competent to stand trial. But the folks that do the evaluations for the state did his psychiatric evaluation. He said, now this guy's the joker. He's just faking. In fact, he's faking worse than anybody we've ever seen trying fake mental incompetence to stand trial. So we finally got him called the trial on Tuesday. Took us three days to get the trial done. Willie, and we celebrated your birthday late last night, just after five o'clock with a life sentence from the jury, and I look forward to mister Payne's final sentencing in front of Judge Kathy late in February of next year. I anticipate she will impose the jury sentence and send mister Payne off to Eddieville at our state penitentiary for the rest of his life.
Speaker 1: At least, maybe longer after he's dead, keep him for another year or two. I would point out to my left, a Michigan man, the judge in the case of Sharon Moore posted a allowed him to post upon a twenty five thousand dollars which he's got in his front right pocket for home invasion and a whole bunch of other felonies along with misdemeanors. But nonetheless, as far as mister pain is concerned, and by the way, they've ordered a mental evaluation for the head football coach of Michigan. Nonetheless, we'll see what happens with that. So the probability of this judge, who's a good judge in Kenton County, Payne's going to get the rest of his life in prison at least. And how's the rest of how the kid's doing?
Speaker 6: Well? The kids are being raised by their grandmother and by the This is a pretty extended family lots here, had lots of brothers and sisters, cousins. She is, her parents are split up. She's got a big family on both her mom's side and her dances side that are all pitching in to help raise her. Two babies that are now only two and four years old, not old enough to know what happened to their mother. The older one I think knows Mommy's in heaven, but that's about it. The younger, youngest one is still too small, too tender of age, to explain things too. But none of these kids realized that not only has mommy gone, but she was murdered and our dad was their killer. It's just a horrible thing. We talked about this to try. One of the reasons mister Payne deserves a life sentence is because he robbed not just care of her life, but he robbed his own children of their mother. And he's going to cause his own children to be raised without a father in the home. Because mister Payne will be locked in cage for the rest of his life, and rightfully so.
Speaker 2: Olet's see what happens down the road and awfully said, and the head football coach of Michigan could have done the same thing as Paints.
Speaker 6: Said, in a really bad direction. There everything that I've read in the media is through about that case. Willy. It's a good thing that they caught up to him when they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and murder suicide. You know, many times murder just precedes suicide. He could easily have killed Paige, his girlfriend who worked for him, and by the way, her income doubled in the last year while he was having sex with her. And then after a while she said, I can't do this anymore. I just can't keep doing this. It's hurting you, hurting me. My friend is your wife, and I can't keep doing this. And that's when the stalking and other crimes committed, and Michigan authorities knew about it but wanted a way to after the Ohigh State game.
Speaker 6: And so there's another lesson in this story, Willy. It's don't DoorDash your abortion drugs to your head football coach's office. You know, if you're going to engage in this kind of activity, which is bad enough that this coach was doing, but definitely don't use door dash to get your abortion drugs delivered to the head football office at the University of Michigan.
Speaker 1: Unless Jeron Morris transgender, I don't think he had much need for abortion drugs. Maybe that was a Maybe that was a tip, a little queue right there. Maybe something's Of course, the Michigan family knew about it and did nothing because of the big game coming up. Well, we got to run Rob Sanders once again. Thanks for coming on. You've been my most frequent guest this year. You've been on fourteen times. Joe Dieters held that record for a while, but now that he's got a muzzle on him, he can't talk. You're the number one guest this year, and I think number three things Rob. Number one, your knowledgeable, Number two, you have a great radio voice, and number three you're accessible. You put those things to three things together, substance, voice and accessibility. You're number one in my book.
Speaker 6: Well, Willie, it's been an honor and a pleasure. If I'm not mistaken, I was your very first guest of twenty twenty five when you came back from vacation from your break. Yes, and I've got to be I guess now one of your last ones. So it's been an honor, a pleasure. Merry Christmas and happy Birthday to you, Bill, Marry Christmas, to the People's Judge, to Tony Bender, Seg, Rocky DJ Hodge, all my friends at seven hundred WLW, the number one fan of the Bill Cunningham Show, Ross Fine and everybody. I hope you have a safe, happy and healthy New Year. And I look forward Willie to hopefully talking to yes, talking to you on your very first show, and.
Speaker 2: You will be, you will be.
Speaker 6: Let's run it back. We're gonna defend this title two years in a row of the number one guest on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: You you'll be my first guest in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: Rob, thank you very much, excellent Willie, have a great day.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more. There's Rob Sanders. Let's continue after two o'clock. Today is a report from Puerto Rico about what's happening in Venezuela and Moore. Bill Cunningham News Radio, seven hundred WULW, brot Row.
Speaker 2: I'm very serious, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: I hope you don't pass judgment because we don't know the facts of the case.
Speaker 2: We don't know the whole story.
Speaker 7: I'm just glad everyone and this is all right, and there's no acting that no one is injured, because it could have been a lot worse. It was very serious issue. Early tonight, around five o'clock, Bill Cunningham was in an action involving another vehicle, even though he didn't I'm reading the news account here, even though he didn't cause the accident. He was given a field sobriety test and Bill Cunningham failed that field sobriety test. He was also given a blood test. No word on the result of that test. End of statement. Very serious charge, serious accusation. I'm glad that no one was injured in this thing. No word comments from Steven R. Adams if that's indeed who was involved in this thing with representation, But just wanted you to have that story before the news came out, before the smear campaigns began. Everyone makes mistakes and I'll just leave it at that. Our thoughts and prayers though with mister Cunningham.
Speaker 2: Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting the right the remains silent.
Speaker 1: Anything I can we'll be using against me in a qrrel By the way, at five o'clock yesterday I was on the air, by the way, with the rock and with Eddie, one might ask that question, thank you. The truth never gets in the way of a story by Scott Sloan. Not fore it's not an impediment. Correct the two thousand, By the way, Steven R. Adams is dead.
Speaker 2: Yes, God bless him.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, he was killed tragically by a person who is now serving a serious time in state prisoner is warrible. You refuse to comment, say no to the po po Well, well he was killed, really murdered, I thought by a vehicle.
Speaker 2: But that's the difference. I love Steven R. Adams, loved him.
Speaker 1: You refuse to talk about Michigan football. Should they get the death penalty? Yes, the death penalty? Man, who's going to give it to him? There's no NCAA, there's no group. Well do you think the Big ten's going to say you're done? I would I would too, What did your own?
Speaker 6: More?
Speaker 2: And now he's out on bond. He had a Michigan man as the judge. Yeah, no, kidding, too bad.
Speaker 1: The guy didn't go to Michigan State to get a life in prison in the electric chair.
Speaker 6: It's stupid.
Speaker 1: And so I explained everything that happened and honed it and you know, just stupid.
Speaker 2: He's an expert on lap dancing.
Speaker 1: I'm turned will he the stude reporters of proud service, every local teme star heating in conditioning dealers tame star quality. You could feel in southeastern Indiana called Joe x Stein at x Stein Heating and Cooling at eight one, two, nine, three to two, twenty twenty six and your coach your own more. Will He abruptly fired this week charge Friday with three crimes, including home invasion, well stalking a person he dated.
Speaker 2: He spent the last two nights in jail. I bet uh and uh.
Speaker 1: Let's see fired for at the school called an inappropriate relationship with a staff.
Speaker 2: Member and abortion drugs delivered. It was went to and we.
Speaker 1: Went to the ladies house with a knife. Yeah, broke in. So he's out on twenty five thousand dollars bond.
Speaker 2: He's got the ankle monitor on.
Speaker 1: Talk to Mordecai Black Patrick Detratcher about those things. Yeah, college basketball, Zavier is going to close out the non conference play tonight william against Missouri State at six thirty on seven hundred WLW. You are sick tomorrow, Cincinnati Bear Caps in Georgia. One thirty here on seven hundred WLW What doubleheader on ESPN fifteen thirty the home of Tony Pike?
Speaker 2: Is he still here?
Speaker 1: One thirty at NKU and Bellerman in Indiana and Kentucky at six nine oh no, Miami takes on Eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: You're out of your mind.
Speaker 1: Bengals update brought to you my good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town with thirteen locations in Cincinnata.
Speaker 2: Or in northern Kentucky. I don't know where they are. Thirteen locations there.
Speaker 1: Party Town at Florence opened three hundred sixty five days to serve you.
Speaker 2: What can you tell me about you?
Speaker 1: And a certain attractive WBN morning co host Sarah Elise Nothing? Have you had abortion drugs delivered in your office? No?
Speaker 2: No, you're sure? Yeah? Okay, go ahead. T Higgins out for Sunday than concussion protocol. I think that's what I have. Shamar Stewart is doubtful. What he's not playing again?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: What's he goin? Who picked this out? Twenty twenty seven? Are you serious? He'll come back in twenty twenty seven?
Speaker 1: Best Bengals coverage Sunday can't Wait begins.
Speaker 2: It'll be big with starts still not playing.
Speaker 1: No RNELL Carriers pregame sports talk showvers enter by Cincinnai, Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 2: Live at the Holy Grail. Didn't he hold off his one?
Speaker 1: He wanted the language right in this country, so made millions more right.
Speaker 2: And he can't play.
Speaker 1: You better bundle up Sunday because the highest twelve eh worst day of lapping for the Freezer Bowl tri State Chevy Dealer's post game Show presented by RNL Carriers. After the game, Can't Wait, Buffalo Wings and Rings on US forty two in Union, Kentucky. The special guest will be Bruce Kazerski Heisman Trophy. It's gonna be awarded tomorrow night. About Indiana, Well, I think Fernando Mendoza. Can we call him Fernando Tatis? I love that name. You know they may trade him the quarterback of Indiana. No, the Padres Padres? What if he comes here? Start that rumor? I don't believe it when I see it. Kyle Schwarber back to the field, quarterback Mina coming to Bengals. Is that what you're saying? Yeah, yeah, Fernando Tatis, speaking of the red single game tickets for their spring training home games now on sale can't wait at reds dot com slash Spring. I'm just saying that, if you're a mission, should they get the death penalty for this Michigan football?
Speaker 2: What does the weed man say? Where's Tom Weiedman? Can? He can't find him? He's under the cover, he's in the bunker.
Speaker 1: They got eleven coaches have been disciplined crimes Dave, Dave, Yes or no?
Speaker 2: He went to Syracuse, Dave, Were you sure?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: He's not sure? Okay, did you mean yes or no? By saying yes, Wait a minute, yes, yes, no, maybe yes no? Maybe? What is it? No or yes?
Speaker 1: What kind of shape did Jim Harbaugh leave Michigan. That's the only guy that's Scott Free. I know he's in LA right now, living on a beach in a motor home.
Speaker 2: Should they give the death penalty? They give the death penalty. Yes, they didn't do anything. They've done a lot, but they haven't been caught yet. Lear's prime market. That brings our lunch.
Speaker 8: I plan to grow from this, and I'm sincerely saddened by the fact that I let some people down and didn't do things as well as I could possibly do.
Speaker 1: It's a Lieutenant Governor Deluxe Delhi located in beautiful downtown Milford. Lee's Lears Prime all dot com. Lear's Prime always a cut above. By the way, Hamny County Prosecutor County Pillage is dropping the case of the murderer Elwood Jones. We're gonna have on, Joe Dieters tells me, despite the order of the Chief Justice Sharon Kennedy, who says to Joe, know your role and shut your mouth. According to some Joe Dieters will come on Monday to talk about Elwood Jones, the prosecutor, and also Mark Petemeyer how he murdered that woman wrote there in a blue ash motel and got out of it. So are you willing to well, Joe Deeters have the guts to come on Justice Joe on Monday.
Speaker 2: You kidney, he'd be on every day if he would.
Speaker 1: What does Sharon Kennedy say, know your role and shut your mouth. Oh, she's the Chief Justice. I would say that she's telling the calm down Joe. He's like the Tony Bender of the Supreme Court or around here. Elwood Jones a murder. Tony Bender tells you not to do nothing. Judge in Hamliny County gave him an O R bomb off death throw.
Speaker 2: Does that go to bed? By the way, have you had any abortion? You have a lawyer? What do I know? I don't like that. Have you had abortion drugs? You refuse to answer the national Have you had abortion drugs?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Sent to your office? No, like they had football coach in Michigan. Hell, have you have you gotten pills?
Speaker 1: I would never have an abortion, By the way, I would never pay for an abortion.
Speaker 2: I'd never counsel. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Abortion is killing babies, correct, I'm kind of against that. I would say football coach in Michigan. Should Michigan you know, I answer the question, should they get the death penalty? Should they get rid of Michigan football completely?
Speaker 2: What do you say? Yes?
Speaker 1: Me too, I'd say five years because there's just like smu ever since Harball left, seven or eight people have gotten in trouble out. Yeah, and that that was part of that program. But only one's going to and he's and he's in a win of bago on Laguna Luna, Laguna Seca beach out there in California near Cape Coral. I have a double wine. I like a double wine. Nothing wrong with a double wife. I said, it's it's now, get me out of the stud's report. After one o'clock we have a live report from Puerto Rico about Puerto Ricans and Venezuelans coming to America.
Speaker 2: We're going to war with them, aren't we. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Willie and I have a beautiful day, but a warning winter storm warning for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Michigan football the death penalty. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report. We've all made out with each other? Have you made out with Sarah? Just nout at you? Are you sure we've all made out with each other?
Speaker 6: Her a liar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to say that again.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's rumors ablaze, most like really need a spanking?
Speaker 2: You want to spanky?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: She said you have you broken into any lover's homes recently with a knife?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't you. Let me think seven hundred W.
Speaker 6: L W.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great American. Every day I get up, there's a new crisis somewhere in the world. This is on top of the problems here at home, and news nation is following all of it. And Robert Sherman is the News Nation foreign correspondent. He's reported from Ukraine, from Israel. Now he's in Puerto Rico keeping an eye in Venezuela. And I think many Americans have no idea because most of us are concerned with their own lives as to what's happening in Venezuela. And hopefully it turns out well. But nonetheless, Robert Sherman, I think you're headquartered right now in Puerto Rico keeping an eye eye on to the south, the east, on Porter on the Venezuela. And Robert Sherman, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, can you, in a general way tell the average American living in Dubuque, Iowa, what the hell's going on in our involvement in Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Can you explain that to the American people?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: First, and four months, you know, I'm sitting outside Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, and I could tell you it's very active with the way that I'm seeing thirty fives and osprey's taking off and landing rather constantly. So I mean there's no smoke and mirrors. The US military is here. That's for sure. And in terms of why Venezuela, you know, the argument that the Trump administration is making is that they are, you know, effectively one of the central cogs in this whole illegal drug operation that is moving fentanyl and other drugs to the United States, and they believe that Nicholas Maduro regime plays a central role in all of that. So, I mean, we have seen them now destroying boats that are you know, off the coast of Venezuela. We've now seen them seizing oil tankers to hit Venezuela economically. Here in the President has said the door is open, you know, for the possibility of this to expand to ground operations, to anything of the kind. But he's playing his cards close to the vets.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be ugly, I can I wish I had a crystal ball to see how this turns out. Also, the President is concerned about Columbia. We've we've had a war on drugs since I don't know forty or fifty, but this war might become a real war. So when you're at the naval base and you watch what's going on. You've been to Ukraine, you've been to Israel, reporting for News Nation and my good friend Sean Compton from there. But as a reporter, you're looking around, You're thinking something big is about to happen. I think maybe it's going to be standoff weapons of one type or another. The Maduro regime followed up on Chavez, and of course Chavez took the one of the richest nations in South America, not the richest, and destroyed it. But Dura's doing the same thing. Is it your sense that the goal of the administration is to take away the lifeline, which is money, and because at this point I can't imagine how much normal trade happening. It's all about drugs. Do you think money is at the heart of this and taking away money from the drug trade big.
Speaker 4: Time, big time. I mean you saw that the way that they seized this Venezuelan oil tanker. I mean that is the lifeline for Venezuela as the distribution of oil. And they say that the ship was part of the so called shadow fleet. Just a few weeks ago, I was in the Baltic Sea as we were tracking the shadow fleet that was trying to illegally move oil from Russia out to the Atlantic. And they use these ships that are you know, massed, you know, pak ownership structures, and are flying false flags, you know, like the country It might say it's a Marshall Island ship, but it's really not. You know, this ship was flying the flag of Guyana, and Guyana just came out and said, no way, that's not our ship. You know, that was ultimately seized by the US, you know, I mean, so there you have it right there. I mean, this is the length that countries like Venezuela will go in order to get around American sanctions on oil, all for the sake of money, all for the sake of the economy. So the Trump administration is hitting them where it hurts most.
Speaker 2: And that's money, of course.
Speaker 1: And we have a war on drugs, and this is the first president that really conducted a war on drugs. I can't conceive of the American people supporting a ground invasion of Venezuela in which American men and women are going to be killed on the battlefields of Cararacas. I can't imagine that. That's not the way warfare is conducted today. And the goal, of course, is they have the Venezuelan government change. And I found something interesting that there was a Democrat elected the mayor of Miami for the first time in like thirty years. And during one of the interviews she only did them on MSNBC, of course, she referenced the fact that in date Miami Dade County, there's one hundred thousand Venezuelans living in Miami Dade County. So that nation of several tens of millions is emptying out and they're coming to America. So although drugs may be at the heart of this venezon can you imagine one hundred thousand Venezuelans living in Miami Dade County because of what Madura's doing in Caracas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean absolutely, you know, I mean you see, you know, in the way that that has an impact on American politics, you know, and some of those Venezuelans, you know, I mean are people you know who you know, really resent the ideas of socialism. As a result of that, really you know, have embraced you know, more capitalist policies and you want to absolutely nothing to do with that, you know. But I mean, this is an accusation that the Trump administration has made, is that some you know, are you know, political prisoners, you know, from Venezuela or people that Venezuela does not want in their country and are sending them to the US. I mean, I covered that US Mexico border for a couple of years and you would be amazed. I mean there was one year where it was like one hundred and sixty three different countries of origin were found down at that border. I mean, it is it is really amazing, you know, like the magnet effect that was in effect. You know when the immigration policies and border enforcement was different under previous administrations.
Speaker 1: It probably elected Trump to the presidency because Americans living in the Midwest could not put up with the idea of tens of millions flooding into our country costing a friggin fortune. And I'm still waiting for maybe so called CBS allegedly the Great News magazine sixty minutes to spend time in Minnesota to find out how many billions of dollars have been looted by the Somalis. But that's a different issue. The book has lessons from the front. Let's touch on briefly if we can Ukraine. You were there, and when I look at the Ukraine, you're on the front lines in the Ukraine for News Nation. Talk to me about what the peace plan, the twenty eight twenty nine point peace plan, which is going nowhere, and Russia right now is stuck there like they were stuck in Afghanistan. They can't get in, they can't get out, and of course I don't think Ukraine can ever win the war if Russia wants to win it. What are your observations from the front when it comes to Ukraine and the ability that we have to effectuate Russian behavior, you know, I mean.
Speaker 4: I actually had the privilege of spending some time at the Ukrainian Presidential Palace with President Zelenski, you know, a couple of weeks before all this came down, and I think something you know that often gets missed in the American circles right now where the lines are. Ukraine currently controls some very strategic heights in the don Bas region which Russia has not been able to take. So Russia wants a deal in which Ukraine just willfully gives those up because Russia's military has not shown that they've been able to take them. The reason that becomes long term problematic for Ukraine is that they believe when President Trump leaves office and that force of deterrence, by their eyes, leaves office, the door is open for Russia to launch a third invasion from a much better strategic position. So that's why there's no way that Ukraine can go for this deal that is currently on the table. Now it might change, you know, if the battle lines are frozen, you know, there might be a way in which Ukraine will allow Russia to have governance over it. They will never give up their claim to that region of Ukraine without question. But I mean, that's the big thing here is Ukraine is thinking what happens after President Trump leaves office, because while they believe that there won't be more advances under this administration, there is going to be a forty eighth president and nobody knows who it is yet.
Speaker 1: I think maybe Shapings waiting for the same thing with Taiwan. Taiwan they do not want Trump in office when they invade Taiwan, and I think I think everyone across the world is waiting for another Joe Biden to take office and things of that character to see what happens. And lastly, lessons from the Front. Israel Israel's America's best friend in the Middle East. The only functional democracy. I spent about ten days there just before the October sixth events took place, which was very fortuitous in my part. But what are your observations of Middle East peace relative to Gaza? I looked at a story that News Nation had also which said that Hamas had sequestered away tons of food for the children of Gaza in order to make them starve, so that the blame would be put on the Jews for not feeding the children. The food was just wasting away in warehouses. Hamas wanted to use the death of children in Gaza as a political pool, political weapon against Israel.
Speaker 2: What's your observations in Israel lessons from.
Speaker 4: The front, you know, I mean, while I was inside of Gaza a few weeks ago, we saw firsthand im in the links that Hamas will go in order to control aid distribution. This is a long standing problem there. There are un studies, you know, that go back to two thousand and eight that document how Hamas uses aid distribution in order to exert control over the population. And it seems as though since the ceasefire has taken hold, Hamas has been able to get a stronger footing over the last couple of weeks now that said. You know, when I was in Gaza and speaking with some of the Palestinians there, you know, they were saying things that that you can imagine they've been at war with Israel, and they said that they hated Israel. But many of them were also saying, we hate Hamas too. That is such a market change because for years people have been so afraid in Gaza to speak out against Hamas because it leads to dire consequences in almost all cases. So you're hearing people speak out against Hamas more, you're hearing dissenting voices. I mean, the big thing is is getting through this phase two of the deal, and I don't see any way in which Hamas goes quietly here. You know what I would say, you know, is is that the president has this broader vision of you know, what he wants, and he wants it in which there's peace between Israel, Syria, Saudi Arabia. It all begins, you know what happens in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Robert Sherman. Lastly, I'm looking at two headlines. One says Hamas hid tons of infant formula nutritional shakes to smear Israel for more than two years, the pro Palestinian crowd, including many Democrats, accused Israel of starving people a genocide in Gaza. It turns out it was a lie, and here's proof that Hamas hid tons of baby formula to hurt children and damage Israel. Another headline out of Nigeria. Out of terrible parts of the world, Nigeria is just one of them. But also what's happening in Western Africa. Bodies discovered a suspected oregon harvesting ring in a hotel, and the story points out that when in Nigeria, for example, that when the horrible circumstances are happening against Christians and Catholics, which is the attack on Christianity, that the girls become forced prostitutes and the older people become organ harvesting rings in which there pankrists their kidney are sold in the open market. So on one hand, I look at what's happening in Venezuela, which is awful. I look at what's happening in Israel with Hamas killing its own people and pinning it on the Jews. I look at what's about to happen in Taiwan, and I think about what's happening in the Ukraine with the suffering of the Ukrainian people. Six thousand Russian soldiers are killed or mortally wounded every every week. Same thing happening in the Ukraine. And I ask you this question, Robert Sherman, what is the shape of the world today?
Speaker 4: See you know that?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 4: That really brings me to the conclusion of my book. You know that is now out and on shelves.
Speaker 6: Is that I mean?
Speaker 4: When I went over to Ukraine and saw war for the first time firsthand, I was just a twenty five year old kid from Cleveland, Ohio who didn't really know much about the world, didn't really have a deep understanding, and it opened my eyes to the naivete and the threats that exist around the world. Growing up in Cleveland, Ohio, I used to walk along the shores of Lake Erie and never once in my life did I say I'm so grateful I don't see enemy warships on the horizon. I now say that now, because the world is such a dangerous place and I truly had no idea how good we have it in America. These are headlines that we are reading around the world. They're not happening in Cleveland, Ohio. They're not happening in Youngstown, They're not happening in Toledo. Yes, there are complexities in the United States. Yes there are problems that need to be addressed in the United States. But we're not like the Estonians who spent the summer digging anti tank trenches fearing that they could be invaded every day. We're not like the Ukrainians who are sleeping in metro stations every night, fearing that they're going that they might not the sunrise. That's my big message is that come back. I don't have any answers to the world. I am no geopolitical expert, but I do feel confident and we should all be grateful that we are Americans. To the front of our passports, says the United States of America, because we just have it so good and there are so many dangers out there that don't impact our communities every day.
Speaker 1: Let's conclude it there, Robert Sherman, the book would be great for Christmas Lessons from the Front. The biggest problem in Cleveland is the Browns, and of course the Guardians. The biggest problem in Cincinnati is Cincinnati and Joe Joe Burrow's unhappy with making sixty million dollars a year, He may say, the heck with it. I don't want to make sixty million dollars. I'm unhappy. How many people get up every day to go to work who are unhappy? How many people have to support themselves and their family doing drudgery jobs they'd rather not do. And Joe Burrows angry about making sixty million dollars a year. And if I'm not having fun, damn it, I'm quitting. What would are Ukrainian Estonian? Joe Burrow Man, I'm making sixty.
Speaker 2: Mil and I'm just unhappy. I'm not having fun.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I'm not What would do Ukrainian say about that, Joe Burrow, Joe Burrow, are you listening?
Speaker 2: Pay attention?
Speaker 4: They would say, what a great problem to have, which we could trade places with you all in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Lessons from the Front to Robert Sherman, You're a great American and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And I'd like to do it again. And Robert, thank you very much. Thank you so much for having me. Appreciate it. God bless America. Let's continue with more. I watched again, Joe Burrow's news conference on Tuesday, and I saw a twenty eight about to become a twenty nine year old, unhappy, not having fun. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundreds.
Speaker 2: Wow. The person arrested is William Cunningham.
Speaker 6: He'll be arraigned in court tomorrow. Oh hello, hello.
Speaker 2: Byet and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 6: Guy.
Speaker 2: The person arrested is William Cunningham. Will be arraigned in court tomorrow. What do you do now?
Speaker 1: Can't say? Jeez, that's Brian Colembs. That's got to be that AI stuff, isn't it. Yes, because I've done nothing wrong. I've retired undefeated, untied, unscored on let's know that. Yeah, we have more allegations about your own more boy and Paige a shiver?
Speaker 2: Now is he is he out? He's out?
Speaker 1: He's five thousand dollars. But the most important part, you know how valuable of those ankle bracelets are?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they keep everything. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Michigan man who's on the bench gave Sharon more twenty five thousand dollars bond.
Speaker 2: He's gotten his front and right pocket. So then that monitor is monitored by somebody.
Speaker 1: They can tell that you immediately just talk to Patrick Heringer's widow about that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a different issue. But I want to give you more of the facts. Okay, you care about facts or just your opinion? That's what this show is all about. More, the head football coach in Michigan, allegedly, according to barged into his lover's residence. Yeah, grabbed a butter knife and a pair of kitchen scissors, then began threatening his own life.
Speaker 2: I will bleed out in front of you. What a butter knife? Correct? I've got to dig deep on that one.
Speaker 1: According to prosecutors, More allegedly told the staffer Paige Shiver, quote my blood is on your hands and quote you ruined my life. Unquote, He went after her bingo when he accused her of quote my blood is on your hands. Quote you ruined my life. Prosecutors also claim this afternoon that More, the head football coach of Michigan, terrorized the staffer that they believed him to be a risk at public safety and requested a high bond. The Michigan Man, good friend of Tom Weedman, so I'm told, gave More a bond of twenty five thousand dollars with conditions and included regular mental health evaluations. You got to be crazy if you go to Michigan anyway, being fitted with his GPS tracking device, no contact of any kind with the victim, and remaining in the state of Michigan. We don't want him in Ohio. No worry about that. They'll go to Canada. And abortion pills are delivered to Moore's executive assistant, who, by the way, was paid shivers. But it was delivered to Sharon Moore, who gave the abortion pills to the lover, who, by the way, is not a friend her of his wife. And then last night they were going to fire the ad. Now apparently they've they've they've changed their mind and he's still on the job. What yeah say that again? The ad was like let go. Supposedly let go last night, but then this morning I looked at it and he's like, well, he's still keeping his job. According to him, many a mess up there. Well, should Michigan football get the death penalty? Todd Waite them all up is still hiding right now, whether they're like number two in the nation in basketball.
Speaker 2: And Barry Larkin, the great Reds player, says he knows nothing, but he's a Michigan man too. Well, that's true.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't Michigan Michigan get the death penalty? Did something and then give something to Jim Harbaugh. He's the one who started all this. He got all the coaches, inter sanctions, he got he got the guy to videotape other other teams and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Run them out. Now he's in the National Football League. The Michigan alumni say, next, go after Ohio State. What I said, what Irvin Meyer's gone? He didn't, right? Does Ryan Day do lap dances anymore?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. He just goes out and win, well except for Indiana. But how about maybe they'll play him again? Could Ryan Day coach Michigan? No way, are you kidding? Bill Belichick coach Michigan, John Gruden coach now Michigan.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that, but I get well, you know what it would be. It would be perfect.
Speaker 1: If it would be perfect if Belichick would go to Michigan with then that would that would Jordan the soap opera Jordan Hudson Right now, what about de boor from Alabam?
Speaker 2: What I'm worried about is.
Speaker 1: What about Kerry Combe's Is he still employed know you don't know what did Kerry Combs know and when did he know it?
Speaker 2: I don't think he knew anything. How do you know what he knew? I know you do not know.
Speaker 1: Willie the Stuart reporters of prout service of your local Thamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar Quala. You could feel in beautiful Milford called Baker Heating right down the street from one Main Gallery at five one three eight, three, one fifty one twenty four spots college basketball Willie Zager and Missouri State Tonight at the Centas Center at six thirty, seven hundred WLW. Tomorrow the Cats and the Dogs go out in in Atlanta, Cincinnati and Geojia one thirty Here on seven hundred WLW. Chud Grassoll be fired as the interim ad at Michigan Yes go Ahead doubleheader ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: The Homo Audie.
Speaker 1: Elmore, Tom Woman still cannot be in fact, his allegation can't find him. Tom Weiedman's Sycamore Township Trust Team Michigan Faithful is under a bed somewhere, hiding out, sucking on a passivefire one NKU and Bellerman then six o'clock Indiana takes on Kentucky. What did you know about Kelly Moore's relationship the wife with Paige Shiver?
Speaker 2: What did you know about that? In Winda? I don't care about ann Arbor. I don't care about Michigan.
Speaker 1: I worry about the Ohio State Buckeyes, Apording and Tom Weedman There next nine and O Miami up against Eastern Kentucky and North Florida.
Speaker 2: Dateon tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits Wine and Tobacco and Party Town Bottle engraving, gift cards and expert guidance makes shopping at Good Spirits stress free and fun in Northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: T Higgins out for on Sunday concussion protocol Shamar Stewart out doubtful.
Speaker 2: Can you cut him and recover any money? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: How about him holding out for more money and more better language? He didn't play anyway? Probably next year US Bengals covered Sunday nine am with the Arnold Carriers pre game sports talk shovers that have I since it a Northern Kentucky toilet dealers will be live from the Holy Grail brew Mow and Pike kickoff is at one. It's going to be cold Sunday too. I'll col high of twelve degrees. What does Dave Lapham say about that it's gonna be cold?
Speaker 2: Is he going to play?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 1: Dave Lapham right? He probably played played better than anybody on that line. He's good at freezer bles. Tri State Chevy Dealers post game show, presented by Arnel Carriers will be live Buffalo Wings and Rings on US forty two in Union, Kentucky. The Wings will be hot special guests the one and only Bruce Kazerski.
Speaker 2: He could play offensive line? Was he number sixty four?
Speaker 6: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think you're right. We check that out.
Speaker 1: Heisman Trophy going to be awarded tomorrow night in New York City. Well among the finalist Ohio States Julian Sayan and also Indiana's Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 2: I'm going with Fernando Tatis.
Speaker 1: I think so because he's won the Walter Camp Award, the AP Player of the Year and all that. If you win all that, you're probably gonna be winn the Heisman and he plays for the Podres, doesn't he? Yeh rides update single game tickets for red Spring training home games. This will make You Warm on sale right now at reds dot com Slash Spring. The Cactus League opener right now is set for February twenty first against those Guardians, a good to year ballpark. Unless I got a telephone call in a message from Justice showed Eaters, you might recall it. I'm an admant life. He was a prosecutor. He wonder what I remember that, But if they believe the coming, that was a long time ago. He wants to come in next week to talk about the Elwood Jones matter. When that guy murdered Rhoda and Blue Ash and these seeking dispensation from the Chief Justice Sharon Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Why does she come in with him? She can't.
Speaker 1: They we'll have royalty here. Remember what Sharon tells Joe, know your role and shut your mouth. North Carolina offensive coordator Freddie Kitchens and special teams coordator Mike Peiffer out at North Carolina after that four and eight season with Belichick.
Speaker 2: What does Shordan Hutchins say?
Speaker 1: North Carolina's offense was one of the worst in the country Raking ranking one hundred and nineteenth in points per game in one hundred and twenty ninth in total offense.
Speaker 2: Rocky Boyman says he's not going to coach next year. How to come here?
Speaker 1: According to Countie Pillage, she is unsure that Edward Jones, murdered Rhoda, Joe Dieters and Mark Petemeyer, who tried the case itself thirty years ago, will be here sitting there someday next week to refute the charges of Countie Pillage. Pittsburgh Steelers star defensive lineman TJ. Watt underwent surgery today to repair a partially collapse lung suffered yesterday in practice. He's unlikely to play Monday night against the Miami dolphinscording a Rocky Boyman, if the Steelers lose three of their next four and the Bengalis win the next four.
Speaker 2: If that had'll make number nine very happy.
Speaker 1: Well, if you were making sixty million dollars a year, would you be unhappy? Would you be having any fun at all?
Speaker 2: You have no fun, do you?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I tell you one thing.
Speaker 1: Right now, they're saying that he's probably going to be likely get traded to the Minnesota Vikings. What I don't know who that ESPN said that today he's one of the likely candidates if he's traded to the Minnesota Vikings Joe Burrow. They had like five teams listed. He's gonna get traded.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I gonna get rid of No, not trading him. I'm just saying ESPN saying that, not me.
Speaker 1: They don't know what they're talking about. Y Rocky Boyman knows what he's talking about. Say get me out of the Student's Report. All my investigation, all week and long will continue of the relationship between Jordan Hudson and Sharon.
Speaker 2: Moore, will he and houtter of a snowy weekend upon us.
Speaker 1: Everybody stay safe and warm out there and watch the roads, especially tomorrow with the winter storm warning.
Speaker 2: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report, like I'm too.
Speaker 9: Old to really Yeah, you'll be like this time next year, Willy will be like, please.
Speaker 2: Don't even look my way, not that you're my age.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 9: When Willy stops checking you out, that's when you know it's over. I still need him to be a PERV with me. I need for myself.
Speaker 2: Lily is a PERV with you. I've seen it first. Fine, I'm like coming up in a few minutes here. Well, well, Sarah. If I were younger, I would I would gladly engage in coitus with you. What do you like to engage in coitus? But as soon as a dirty coal dir talk dirty to me, will say coitus again, coitus. I enjoyed coitus, but once that's cos I know.
Speaker 9: But I think I did hit a point where I'm like, oh my god. Dudes in like their sixties and seventies are like, no, she's way too old.
Speaker 2: You're too old, you've aged out.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, eighties, nineties one death bad.
Speaker 2: I can't see make it in the well that
Speaker 1: I know nothing, Yeah, I know nothing butter knives and a pair of scissors on seven hundred W l W