Speaker 1: It's Mojoe on in the Morning.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a chance to get to Shannon's topic, and I really want to get to this one because this is a great moment, but also a moment where it opens up to you having to discuss a little bit of the past with your son. Your son found something of yours and what was it that he found?
Speaker 3: Well, so technically, let me explain how this happened. Smith is eight years old. He has a karaoke machine that somebody stupidly bought him because it's always a really great gift to give, you know.
Speaker 1: He was probably six at the time.
Speaker 3: He like rediscovered this karaoke machine in like a room where we keep all the games and toys and stuff and brought it out. And I didn't even know this when he first got it. It lights up, it's got the microphone, it's got all the things you completely you can connect your phone to it Bluetooth so you can sing along. Well, on the top of it, it has a CD player. Well that's fitdamic, which we did not even know until he pushed the top of it and it opened up and he was like a mom.
Speaker 1: What is this for?
Speaker 3: And I said, oh, it's for CDs. So I'm trying to explain what a CD is, and he is just giving me the blank stare he does not understand. So I said, hang on a second, let me see if mom still has some of her old CDs. So I go out to the garage. I rifle through some boxes. I find the blinder of all of my CDs. Okay, so I bring them in. I'm showing him how to put the CD in the thing and how you can like go through tracks and stuff, and he keeps calling them DVDs, which I don't even know how he knows what a DVD is, because I don't think he's.
Speaker 1: Ever seen one.
Speaker 3: But he was fascinated. Well, I've got like Bear Naked Ladies, Counting Crows, Old Kanye, the Wedding Singer soundtrack, the Romeo and Juliet, like all the soundtracks from the movies that were big, you know, when I was probably in high school college. Even the majority of the CDs are burned from ex boyfriends.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: So he's reading the titles of some of the CDs and we're just dying. One of them is called I Want You Back, not as in the INSYNCT song, as in it was all pitiful love songs from a boyfriend who broke We broke up and he wanted me back.
Speaker 1: But he mixtapes the absolute best. You would make a mixtape for a girl. Here, this is.
Speaker 3: Him, This is him, like doing some of the CD CDs. What is what are we?
Speaker 1: Wait? What song is that? I don't know? He changes missing?
Speaker 3: He really wanted me back? Gros this is cool, Rich Project, It was so fun wait wait wait what what?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Nobody knows me Tony Rich Project. That was the song he switched to. I gotta go through.
Speaker 3: I was going to bring it in so we can play some of the CDs because they're so damn funny.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny about mixtape CDs and stuff that I have. So I had mixtape CDs that I would burn from my computer, and I have some files of old music that I would like give to Chelsea like stuff, and it rarely weren't mixtape CDs, because like, if I gave Chelsea like something like that, like here, this thing should be like laugh at should use it as a coaster, you know it or something. But I would say, hey, you got to listen to these songs. These are all good songs and I was looking back at songs. I'm going, oh my god, I'm gonna steal some of these songs for throwback throw down.
Speaker 3: Oh I should, yeah, I should go through and like make a big list.
Speaker 1: Like do you remember? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: And I know we're going through uh we're looking in through old old songs there right.
Speaker 1: Now, But you remember.
Speaker 2: Hold on? Where was the song? Yeah? Do you remember this song at all? Because this was on one of the CDs that I or one of the mixes that I made for Chelsea.
Speaker 3: Well then, oh my god, none of the young.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, this was this was one of those songs. How old were you anna in two thousand? For two thousands? Bring up?
Speaker 1: This was like that era, like that early two thousands. Did you burn any CDs that had good music? Come on? Yeah, turn it up? Come on cranking, turn up?
Speaker 4: Then you know it thataway?
Speaker 1: Come on? What kind of music did you put on? You know?
Speaker 2: I want to like get up your coochie and do all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: What was your songs that you had in there? Dirtied man, probably have.
Speaker 2: Some usher bag then maybe some one twelve, maybe a little Cisco on there.
Speaker 3: Cisco was on one of the CDs. Yeah, moto I found I've got I gotta bring got to bring them in for you because I found it. I had a stroke there I found an ever Clear CD. And I know you and I both loved Ever Clear from back in the day unburned.
Speaker 1: Ever Clear CD. I mean, it was like so nostalgic. Yet, do you know what I had?
Speaker 3: keV the very first volume one Jock Jams.
Speaker 1: Oh what songs were?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You one? It starts with I don't know what it is. I'm gonna are you all ready for this? For sure? Hold on? I'm actually.
Speaker 3: I had the very first Now that's what I call music numbers.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I am old, all.
Speaker 2: Right, hold on and here here's this is Jack Jams Volume one. I just pulled it up online. Uh, Jack Jams and one? Where the hell it go?
Speaker 3: Let's get ready to rumble, get ready for this womp?
Speaker 1: There it is. Strike it up here you go, Hey, this is that loop t.
Speaker 3: This DC.
Speaker 1: And then we kicked in the float kicking.
Speaker 3: I thought I was so cool making up dances in my bedroom to the.
Speaker 1: Tik Tik tik, my bang body over here.
Speaker 3: My old Navy text best these street wars.
Speaker 5: When you get in.
Speaker 1: Come on, I should have a Yeah, I like that said this is all this is get ready.
Speaker 3: For that.
Speaker 1: Step for your tried piston. By the way, this was not on the love tape that your guy said, is it? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Uh God.
Speaker 2: Those old CDs were the greatest. The only thing better than those old CDs were cassettes and vinyl back in the day.
Speaker 3: Well it also I have a box somewhere and they weren't in the same box with the CDs, but of cassettes that I used to record off this radio station that I would sit in my room on the boom box and push plane record at the same time. And I would get so pissed when the DJs would talk over the beginning of the song or the end of the song, because I want the whole thing, you know.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny about that, though, is that was how you had to hear your favorite song. Yes, it used to be that you would had to listen at night tik Tak was on the air, and you had to wait for him to play the five most requested songs.
Speaker 1: You know, Jeanette, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Good Morning's time? Long Time? I would love to hear throwbacks. Wrote down this Friday.
Speaker 1: It was Shannon CDs be so easy. I gotta be honest with you. I barely remember Czy.
Speaker 6: It would probably be unfair for Anna being theiss.
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 2: How about you know how I played the music right before the throwback throw downs? Like where we play like a bunch of mixed song like songs together. Maybe that's what I do. I'll get Shannon CDs. We should have Smith sometime and yeah, that'd be cool. Nice to talk to you, Janette, call more often. James? What's up, James? How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: I was just wondering if you guys remember the.
Speaker 3: Walk Oh yeah, the yellow one, the yellow one, gray one.
Speaker 1: How many songs could you.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think about this with the walkman's were were cool? And then from the walkmans.
Speaker 1: Came uh what disclans?
Speaker 2: Discmands, And then from discmands came Apple coming out with their very first right is a CD player?
Speaker 1: A discmand? Yeah? Okay, yeah?
Speaker 3: And it had the anti skip technology if you've got the good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so when you're carrying it around, it didn't move, it didn't skip over. What was the wait? What was God, what when you're you know, we're talking about all this stuff? Would anybody have these things? Like could we call like the hardcore pond guys?
Speaker 3: I actually think, well, I definitely have my Walkman because I saw that with the CDs. I don't know if I have my Discman. I say, I have my first iPod, which was the first iPod. I love boom It's like Greenfille Village in my garage.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We used to bring boomboxes up to the park and play basketball with them, and these things would be monstrous. What's up Angela?
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning. So I was in high school in the early two thousands. I'm not gonna say what we're because I'm old. And so I have an entire book of CDs that I burned and I would never write on the top of like what was on the CD because I would jerry rig my Discman to play while the lid was open, and I would take sharpies and do like spin art designs while it was.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. My book is just like.
Speaker 5: Super nostalgia.
Speaker 1: What do you do now?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Now, I just you know, keep its dusty on the shelf and I listen to you guys in Spotify.
Speaker 1: I like it all right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Listen, uh, listen to us on the I Heard app or on Spotify podcast What's Up Belly?
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, good morning for some long time. Hey, yeah, I need to get on the line.
Speaker 7: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Where you Where are you from? Where in South America.
Speaker 6: Are you from?
Speaker 5: Oh? I'm coming from Detroit.
Speaker 2: I know, but you said South America on the phone. Where in South America are you from?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, I am Mexican.
Speaker 1: You're Mexican. Okay, what's happen from?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So we bought this house and we were cleaning our attic and my daughter's at Walkman and at this player with a bunch of you know, the cassettes, and she asked me questions like what is this for?
Speaker 4: How do you play it?
Speaker 6: And she was amazed and what here is this? Mom?
Speaker 7: And I started, you know, explained to her how out the eighties and then we played we download music. And now she burns her own CDs.
Speaker 4: With from the eighties and nineties, and that is awesome.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. I like this.
Speaker 2: I like that Shannon and your daughter are learning our Shannon's son and your daughter are learning about how we grew up.
Speaker 1: You know, you couldn't have it right now.
Speaker 2: Kids. We couldn't just automatically go on our phones and say here's dinner, right. We had to actually get in our cars. We had to go get in our cars and go get it ourselves. Actually we're doing that now in our house because I saw the fees that we were paying that Rocket mortgage app that they have.
Speaker 1: With Rocket money. Son of them, Gilbert.
Speaker 2: Dan Gilbert's got a person going to get his food for him. What's going on in Leah? How you doing?
Speaker 6: By your topic today? Was so nostalgic for me. So I used to take my walkman and I would record actually Channel nine pots five Modo in the morning. Oh my gosh, I listen, I'm gonna My parents were very conservative, so I'd record it on low and then when they would go to bed, I blasted so I could actually listen to it at night.
Speaker 2: It's correct and look at you, Look how you turned out. I hope you're a good person. Are you good personally?
Speaker 5: I hope?
Speaker 1: So I love it. Thanks for listening. We appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So while when listeners will come up to me and they'll say, I have an old interview of yours and they'll play like an interview of some artists that we had on our show, and they sat there and recorded it press plane record to get it so cool of Oh, just turn that up.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I say, where are you playing that? From mice com box?
Speaker 2: Jesus turn that thing, Zach, run this board right, creak that fig up.