Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning. Y'all know what time it is?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: Second date up? Daytime. Let's bring Ryan on. Ryan are you there?
Speaker 3: Hey? Hi guys, So are you Hey man, big fan of the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks, bro here to help you out. I understand you've been on a date. Her name was Brooke and you guys met online? Was was the message that you sent me? So did she? Was this a full ghost?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was a full ghost. That's a good way of putting it.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do on your date?
Speaker 4: While we were in Walnut Creek and had some drinks, you know, and you know, she.
Speaker 3: Was funny, great, good time. We talked, you know about work.
Speaker 4: And life and dating burnout and lapped about everyone pretends they're fine with it really not, you know, And I thought things were going really well, thinking, you know, that was a good hang, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Again, and then here we are. I don't know, Yeah, she just disappeared.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's see if we can get her on the phone. I'll call her and then and then I'll ask her, like straight up, how the date went for her. Hey, I'd love to get you a second date, but b I would love to actually just get you some answers. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I would really appreciate it because everything seemed to be going really smooth, and I would go out with her again in a heartbeat.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see what we can work out. Let's call her because I want to figure out why she ghosts. You go ahead and go back on you, Bud, Thank you. Here we go. Hello, Hi is this Brook? It is Hi Brook. This is Marcus Culling from Star one on one three. Good morning, Hi, Hi. I don't suppose you listened to my show? Do you?
Speaker 2: Sorry? I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to wake you up so early. So I do a radio show. We do a segment called second Date Update, and I got floated your phone number by a guy who took you.
Speaker 3: On a date.
Speaker 1: His name is Ryan, And Okay, he's feeling like maybe you ghosted, and so we're just trying to figure out. I mean, I'll be blunt with like, what did my guy do? What did he do wrong? It's very me but I'm just assuming something went side with did you go?
Speaker 2: I guess? Okay, there were just two things that kind of stuck with me. I just couldn't shake them. Okay, First he casually admitted that he doesn't use a top sheet. He just uses like a fitted sheet and a comforter, and he was he just said, like, oh, top sheets are pointless fabric, and you know they're always in a bunch at the bottom of the bed and create unnecessary laundry. And he said this very confidently, like this was a lifestyle choice of his.
Speaker 1: God, we were just talking about this this morning. Producer Taylor doesn't use one either, but don't most hotels do this?
Speaker 2: No, there is always a top sheet.
Speaker 1: I guess, I mean, I guess the theory would be that, like they wash them every time we get new guests, which I'm certain Ryan probably does not because he's a dude. So all right, was there so there's something else?
Speaker 2: Yes, Later in the night, he mentioned he sets up like multiple alarms every morning and then he ignores all of them. And he said, I like easing into consciousness. And then he said that every you know, eventually his body just wakes up when it's ready. And listen, I know both of these things, when you just take them as one thing, like look at each thing, it's not either thing is technically wrong, but like together they just kind of create a picture. I can't unsee. It just felt like chaos adjacent.
Speaker 1: That is the most descriptive way I've ever heard somebody explain somebody chaos adjacent. Well, so part of this is that Ryan is listening right now. We're trying to I don't know. I always say we try to use it as a teachable moment. I'm sorry, but Ryan, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I guys, I'm here.
Speaker 1: So you don't use the top sheet? Is that confirmed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't understand entirely why this is a big deal. I sleep hot, you know, like it it's just like the top sheet like traps heat, and like this is just about like getting up and going and going to work and going to bed. Like I don't need to make it complicated to make the bed with the top sheet every day and all the pillows. What if I needed to do that right, you know, like that's just extra.
Speaker 1: Speaking of extra, this alarm thing sounds ridiculous. My wife would punch me if I didn't get up when the alarm goes off. If I realize you're a solo guy. We're trying to get somewhere here right, Like we're trying to have a lady in our life.
Speaker 3: Right, I can work on the alarms.
Speaker 4: I understand that situation, you know, and it's just I know it sounds bad, but I still get to work on time. I just don't leap out of bed like, you know, just instantly, like I'm in a movie or something.
Speaker 3: I just it's something that like I've had forever, I have been single a little while. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: So yeah, right, I get that it's not the coolest, look, but it's these are things that I could work on, having a woman around consistently and being alone.
Speaker 3: Look, I can see how that looks bad.
Speaker 2: To real I understand, like you're relaxed by this just makes you seem like unmanaged Ryan.
Speaker 1: If we look at this from Brook's perspective, I'm trying to help you along here. If we're trying to get her to spend the night, how about we make a few adjustments.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'll buy the best top sheets on the planet. I could find the highest thread count, whatever it takes.
Speaker 3: Like I'm a good guy, Look, Brook, I'm teachable. I'm just rusty, right, you know, I'm not trying to scare you off.
Speaker 1: So Brook, I feel like we're making some progress. Can we get to a second date with this? Can we get a do over?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't need perfection. I just need efforts. Okay, and clean sheets. But I would give it another date.
Speaker 1: Yes it's happening. Oh my god, I wasn't ready.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Yes done, fresh sheets.
Speaker 1: No arms, and the countbelly. Destiny is wrong. We have a second date.