Speaker 1: Kf An welcome some great shows to the Ledge Amphitheater this year. Jim Gaffian will be there July nineteenth, John MULLENIY will be there on August twenty second, and Black Label Society will be there September twenty fifth. Get the complete details at all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at kfan dot com. Just make the keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mary, Marny Mony.
Speaker 3: Marty's here, Mary, I just got pa.
Speaker 2: I can't I am oh, I can't sing. I just wrote that just now, and I've already been sued for plagiarism.
Speaker 4: Oh right, telling my story on the way, and that is absolutely well.
Speaker 2: Here's the other thing, by the way that people don't understand, is there listen there? You know we used to play a lot of local music. I can't even do that anymore. I can't even do that anymore because I'll get pinged on YouTube for that too. I just I thought that maybe music that I wrote I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Get paid for it. But incredible, It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I would love if you can somehow contact a person, a human being explain this to me.
Speaker 3: That'd be great. I know I'm with you, I'd like that a lot.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's gonna happen?
Speaker 3: No, I said, I sent a rather strongly worded email just a moment ago.
Speaker 5: Imagine that, and we I appeeled it yesterday through YouTube and it's the dumbest. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's they, you know, they they claim it, say that this is our content, which is funny because it's it's and then you have to appeal it and then I have to literally type in the guy who played it is Chris Hockey, who also sings on it and wrote it and has every part of it. What mm hmm, Yeah, it's And then it was also very strongly worded basically uh F word off.
Speaker 3: Cool and the the the AI person that read it didn't seem to mind that we were angry.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that's the frustrating aspect of this is like some of these kinds, Yeah, they don't have anybody that actually reads through this.
Speaker 5: They just yeah, and then you have to risk.
Speaker 1: So then what happens is they can they can deny that appeal, and then you can peel again, and that supposedly goes to a different level. But if they if you get denied on that one, your whole channel could be struck down.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous, dumb process.
Speaker 2: Because I wrote a song and super company to distribute it and didn't realize that they were going to have their way with me. Yeah, anyway, it's just another example of the world's gone crazy. I just want to write music and have people hear it.
Speaker 3: That's all that's right.
Speaker 4: Too much to add.
Speaker 2: I'm not making any money off of it either way. I got a check once for eighteen cents.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Don't send me a check that's less. That's worth less than that stamp you use to send it to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's you know what I mean. Well, news with Chris Hockey he presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: I want to say thank you to our friends at the Saint Paul Saints who always have our back. They great things are happening over at Saints Baseball dot Com. They'll be back at cchs Field very very soon, ladies and gentlemen, Saints Baseball dot Com. That's Saints Baseball dot Com, isn't it this Thursday's I heard day at the baseball for sure.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir Martins, are you going?
Speaker 4: I just found out about it now, didn't give you let me check, but I've heard there was. Oh tonight, they're playing tonight against Indianapolis and it's train Day. Do you think that means the're bringing in the.
Speaker 5: Slot machine or the lady from Hawks Bad Moons there.
Speaker 4: That must be a lot of directions they can go with day.
Speaker 6: How do I remember what a great distraction that would be? Every time the opposing team bats, you just play train, right?
Speaker 4: He presented by Union Depots, So I'm guessing maybe.
Speaker 2: Actual trains, but seven O seven and night one O seven tomorrow and then on the on the Lovely Thursday seven or seven.
Speaker 6: Again Marty on Thursday. Some of the biggest names in the Twin Cities will be there. Is that meat Sauce, Blue Dog Kel Sauce?
Speaker 5: Uh yeah? How about this? On Saturday, Joey Chestnut will be there. He's following you know what. We looked it up because he had to have a.
Speaker 1: Judge authorize his work outside of the state of Indiana because he got in a bar fight or something.
Speaker 3: He punched somebody in the face, yeah and shut their mouth.
Speaker 1: So he's using that multiple times on North Carolina and Minnesota.
Speaker 2: There's a picture of him on Saints Baseball dot com and uh, he has an interesting mouth, and I wonder if it's makes it easier for.
Speaker 3: Him to eat foods.
Speaker 5: I would guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an interesting mouth. And that is not a shot of any kind. My mouth is way too small, I've been told. Yeah, Tommy, mm hmm, I don't know what he meant. Keeps saying that, though, you know what he meant.
Speaker 3: Hmmm. Jerry Chestnut, Jerry chess mouse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice guy. I've met him. Yeah, I mean it's before he got into bar fights.
Speaker 3: But no, he still did. He's from Indiana.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he fights for his women, he fights for his right to party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know he does that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Am I right?
Speaker 3: Corey?
Speaker 5: Is he right? I think he's right.
Speaker 3: You gotta fight for you at the party.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, you guys want to know the news.
Speaker 5: I love the BAC Boys.
Speaker 3: You do, don't you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, gone too soon? So you admit it, Ye, you admit it.
Speaker 6: So what you Want is one of the best songs in the last forty years. It's it's just an absolute slam.
Speaker 3: It's also a great question.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's no, Alejandro, I didn't say it was. You're not wrong, thank you. You're welcome. So much. It's such a good ripper.
Speaker 3: Did you ever answer their question?
Speaker 5: I wanted more songs like that. That's what I would have wanted, ABC boys.
Speaker 3: I would have guessed you wanted chicken fingers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were also correct.
Speaker 2: What if they invent a chicken this company we talked about yesterday that actually has fingers?
Speaker 3: Would you eat those?
Speaker 5: Do they taste the same? Well? I mean sure, then sure, I don't ask where the chicken comes from.
Speaker 4: Would that look like Jamie Lee Curtis in everything? Everywhere? Else was just the chicken, just like showing them off, like look, look what daddy gout?
Speaker 3: Do you remember what those fingers were in that movie.
Speaker 4: Hot Dogs Lizzies?
Speaker 3: Oh they were Yeah, where do I picture them being? Didos?
Speaker 5: I think they were hot on. I think that's a.
Speaker 4: I think version of the movie the lens you saw them through.
Speaker 5: Maybe you watched your Rose. I still never saw that movie. I got to see that. It's pretty good man, Yeah, I guess right in my wheelhouse, I did not.
Speaker 4: I finished the movie, and I remember talking to you about it because you had said how good it was, and I did not get it at all. I was like, it was great. I followed along the storyline, but I don't get it. Like I was very entertained Jamie Lee Curtis was phenomenal, but I didn't understand the main point, like when they went back and forth in these Worlds if you will, and then you told me what it was and I was like, oh, I never got that.
Speaker 5: I never understood a second of it.
Speaker 4: But were entertained me. Well, that's not really.
Speaker 5: I didn't get it. I didn't get it at all.
Speaker 4: It's because you're an idiot.
Speaker 5: Well that's when you get Yeah, it doesn't. I don't get it, but I knew there was a connection. I'm like, why does he I'm not an idiot.
Speaker 4: He's weak and strong and he's strong, and I know he's going back and forth and that.
Speaker 5: Movie is terrible. That's terrible. That's terrible movie, just like Inception. When he doesn't understand the movie, it has to be terrible. But I just it's like multiverse and sausage and I don't know. Do you know, no weekend show on the fan what moves him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, okay, no, Hawk never told me. He doesn't want to tell me.
Speaker 3: I just didn't waste Yeah, because but do.
Speaker 4: Most people sitting in the movie theater. Get that question that I'm real smart, did you.
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How hello?
Speaker 4: I mean you watch movies with a fuck cap on?
Speaker 2: No, but I do overthink everything, so that makes it likely for me to be overthinking every movie that I see as well.
Speaker 3: All right, I mean I'm helpful for the angle? What is the angle? What are we doing?
Speaker 5: What is the goal of here? Goal you were doing?
Speaker 4: And I think Sauce and I we just we like to be entertained. Yeah, don't make me think I'm here for.
Speaker 5: I'm just a simple to an idiot.
Speaker 3: So I don't get any that haven't got him today, Well I got him to.
Speaker 5: I don't understand. I'm dumb. Those are letters.
Speaker 7: No, that movie is awful, Well, just I don't get it.
Speaker 5: It's smarter than I am. I don't get the movie. I didn't understand what it was.
Speaker 7: I'm glad the one guy won the Oscar though, because that was one of the best Oscar speeches ever when he thanked his mom and it.
Speaker 4: Was a huge Well Jamie Lee Curtis as the accountant, just the way she looked, Yeah, yeah, I think he would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know underneath that, sure though, I was more hot dogs.
Speaker 5: Perfect boobs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't overthink.
Speaker 5: It was like a drunk guy at a bar.
Speaker 3: Well, I just didn't wonder to think that I'm smart underneath there.
Speaker 2: I'm one part of my brain is diagnosing the theme of the film and what's the moral here?
Speaker 3: The other side like what's under that shirt?
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: It's two different things going on all the time.
Speaker 5: It's you know, angel and devil. It's right brain versus left brain. You like boobs?
Speaker 3: Amen? Yeah, we get that right though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, time for the news.
Speaker 6: That was the.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Jamie Lee Curtis admits she didn't understand one second of everything all at once.
Speaker 2: A thirty eight year old Hawaii man was seriously heard after an apparent shark bite.
Speaker 3: It's happening all the time now, guys.
Speaker 5: Was he in his bathtub? Where was helu emergency? He was in the ocean? Yeah, apparently unbelievable coincident.
Speaker 2: Said paramedics responded to Cromwell's beach over the weekend, just that the man had serious injuries to lower extremities and was taken to an emergency room. There are signs now posted after two aggressive eight foot sharks are.
Speaker 5: In the areas. Oh, there's way more than two. Yeah, there's a lot of them. What's the shark we learned about yesterday, the dusky or dusty husky, usky, dusky shark, dusky mane. Yeah, yeah, I love that there's two in the area. It's the ocean.
Speaker 7: There's way more than two tons. They're everywhere you just saw, correct, They're way more. They're lurking in the dark. Marty, you ever been to Hawaii? No, I haven't vice for you.
Speaker 5: If you go, okay, sunscreen, well that's for sure too.
Speaker 6: But if you go down to the ocean, if you like put your hand in the water and then like lick your hand, if it tastes like salt, then there's sharks in there.
Speaker 4: I would love.
Speaker 5: If if the same tastes in a lake. You're yeah the other way, yeah, well yeah, yeah, hmm.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Hawaii to answer your actual quote or you know, your actual topic to speak to it, I've not been to Hawaii, but it is definitely a bucket list destination. You know, I'm not a world traveler, and I know Hawaii is not the world, but would feel the lengthy flight it would the States.
Speaker 3: That's really good point. It would feel like you were going to a different country. Even the govern art it does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been, It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what which island? That's what people ask I don't know because.
Speaker 7: I'm Honolulu and Kwhi Oh good Leonard, Yes, Kwhi Leonard, Yeah, yeah, okay, or as Hawk calls him, Cowhi Leonard.
Speaker 3: I thought that was how you said it.
Speaker 2: New York Governor Kathy something Other is highlighting success of the Bell to Bell smartphone band that went into effect at the start of the school years state wide. She released a servey of the show. Seventy six percent of nearly five hundred and eighty five educators say the ban has resulted in positive changes in the classroom behavior that includes improved attention, respect for fellow students, and following directions. Four out of five teachers say they saw student social connections improve. There was also a sixty percent decline in bullying and cyber bullying incidents.
Speaker 3: Well, then, what more do you need to hear?
Speaker 6: Yeah, correct, Right, My kiddo's middle school. They can have their phones, but they can't use them during the school day. So she starts blasting us all on text the second she hits the bus, right, like, she can't wait to get to the phone and go like, here's what I want for dinner, here's what I want.
Speaker 5: I want this, and I want that. You get nothing and like it.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you know, the second she has access to the phone, because she doesn't wait more than twenty seconds boom under texting time. Ye, I'm fine with that because I still like the idea that she has it in case of an absolute emergency. Yeah, yeah, but otherwise, you know, we know where she is. She can contact us if she needs it, but otherwise, get off your phone.
Speaker 5: You're in school, for.
Speaker 2: Sure, it doesn't And also, by the way, you can live without this, sure we could, right, yeah, right, Like it is important that they learn that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, it'd be important for a lot of a lot of us.
Speaker 6: Yes, that is the best part of international travel, mar and just disconnecting from the grid and putting your phone away forgetting that the rest of the world is going on.
Speaker 5: Who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah, move on, I'm gonna say this. I don't do this because I don't want to get arrested. But how often do you guys, when you're sitting in the stop, like, pick up your phone and start looking through your phone.
Speaker 5: Every time, every time, everybody, every last yeah, every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You can't even sit at a stop light, you know what I mean. It's like nobody.
Speaker 7: Somebody might have posted something yeah, yeah, yeah, Rosie might be getting ripped.
Speaker 5: I gotta see it.
Speaker 6: This is this is the one thing that is psychotic because I don't understand why I do this. I will be at a stoplight and like, check the stock market. If it's before three o'clock, I'll be like, I don't see what's going on there.
Speaker 5: Cool. Then three lights later, there's nothing to scroll through, and I'll be like, I wonder what's going on in stock Nothing has changed. I don't need to be on my phone. It's been sixty three seconds. Yeah, but it's just it's it's just happened. It's just feeding that crack addiction. It's boom, there's.
Speaker 4: One person in the line ahead of me at target, I do immediately pull out my phone.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 6: That's in fact, by the way, that's the best time to be on your phone at a stoplight is when there's one car in front of you, because when if you're the first one, then you might not be paying attention to wheen of the light goes green. But there's nothing better than being the second car. You're scrolling your phone, scrolling your phone out of the corner of your eye, you see them pull away.
Speaker 5: You're like cool, kind of put the fun away. It must be green. It looked stop Zacho question question ar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yesterday I saw a video and I'm not sure if it's real or not on the next iPhone, but it was, uh oval shaped the phone itself.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was like.
Speaker 4: Oval, like left to right, not up and down. So it was like oval wide and it and it folded. Oh I hope not dream that.
Speaker 1: So it won't replace like the iPhone series, like they'll be an iPhone eighteen. But yeah, you are talking about the anticipated iPhone Ultra fold or whatever.
Speaker 5: They don't even know what they're gonna name it.
Speaker 1: Yet, but yeah, that is going to be the idea is because obviously like Nordo, I think here, he's got a folding phone, like their folding phones are everywhere now on the Android side, this one there. The different take will be is it'll basically be a passport size to picture a passport, and then it'll be a little bit wider and then you can open it up and it's a little mini mini tablet as well, so mini iPad size almost on the big screen and then on the smaller screen you can still use it with one hand.
Speaker 5: I just don't get it.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be one of those statements that ten years from now might age really poorly. I just don't understand why anybody would need a photo foldable screen.
Speaker 5: I just get more real estate. I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can do multitasking. You can, it's the same thing. Why would you want an iPad?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 7: You have a phone? Well, just get more real estate. And the iPad is sweet. The iPad is I got one of their best invasions.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: So is that that you're talking about then, Zach, is that going to be like a not a mainstream kind of phone. It's going to be more like a gadget In addition.
Speaker 1: Probably, I mean, I will say Apple like they that'll be probably the most popular foldable out there because just it's Apple. But okay, like I said, they'll have the normal iPhone and they'll have the iPhone Air, which I mean, they'll have all that other stuff. This isn't replacing all that, but it's an option and It's a cool option for a lot of people because I'll tell you a lot of the foldables get really good reviews by people who use them, so there's just a lot of drawbacks.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the info.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks, man, he knows that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: He just does sauce. No sports. We'll do that after this Power Trip Morning Show fan, heavy.
Speaker 3: Duty equipment that works as hard as you do.
Speaker 5: Well, cat.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, batch more sh who we are.
Speaker 5: Sounds more like into own?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is their music, man, this is their music. I have to pick and choose music that we can actually play.
Speaker 1: Like this.
Speaker 5: What would just come back a cappella and just beat box and.
Speaker 3: We'd have to we shift.
Speaker 6: It was sauce and is to original material sauce fy away boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: John Who John Facenda the bass player for the Chili Peppers. You heard me these player for Shippers Flea.
Speaker 5: No, I meant guitar guy. Wasn't that his name? John something? Shone time on the Power Trip? All right, there's a lot going on. Let's start with this. Your twins snapped their five game losing streak.
Speaker 7: By beating the White Sox nine to six. Joe Ryan struck out nine scattered eight hits, same two teams today at six forty.
Speaker 5: Connor Prelip goes for your twins. That's a terrible name. Yeah, it's that great.
Speaker 4: That was a good game last night. I headed on little background noise, but the Twins needed to snap out of a little funk. They had been swept in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: We're having a hell of a week.
Speaker 7: Pittsburgh box Dwn's favorite city, Dwight's favorite city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: I smell and had just lost three or four to the White Sox in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Look at that That frozen iceberg is yellow because in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: Did you know that Tristan Gray was a thing. Of course, had never heard of him, I don't think until yesterday.
Speaker 4: Well, he hit a Grand Slam earlier in the season, and then there were several stories about him how he almost didn't even come back to baseball in the off season, he almost retired, and that career I'm going to guess thirty. Oh, Tristan Gray is thirty years old. Nailed it, and then he hit a second career grand slam, and I believe that might have been his second major league start. I heard Justin Morno talking about how outrageous it was that you would hit grand slams in a very few starts in the big leagues, but a very cool moment. It turns out you needed those runs. He's all, man, yeah, yeah, he is that so and watching Joe Ryan pitch, I'm telling you there's a reason that that the Twins have coined that Joe Ryan experience phrase. If you are just looking at the Twins schedule and saying like, let's go to a game this summer, and you don't really have a rhyme or reason, pick a Joe Ryan game and just watch him.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: He high need at one point when he when there was a ground ball to first base, so then the pitcher runs over and covers first base. He got the out, and then he highneed off the base. And at one point there was a throw across the infield and the picture you know, should duck down just for to clear the runway, if you will. He laid flat down on his belly. He just hit the dirt. There are so many little quirky, weird, entertaining things that he does that most players in baseball don't do because there's such a code of like everybody behaves and we don't.
Speaker 5: We were not.
Speaker 4: Yes that and it's not just I was flashy, it's just we stay within ourselves and we're just real proper and Joe Ryan is just hurt out there and it is super entertaining.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. You've googled that.
Speaker 4: She was a direct competition for Smurf.
Speaker 6: She was.
Speaker 7: There was no competition. No, I didn't care about any of the other ones. He didn't notice the other ones.
Speaker 6: You know, Gargamel whips up Smurf at to distract the rest of the Smurfs, and one of them was like, why don't you make Flashy too get after it? This one seems uptight. Think about that, that's a that's a psychotic plot line for a cartoon, and that she just lives with them. Yeah, but that was he was like, I need to distract them. What will completely derail this entire group? One woman, white heels, blonde one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't you want to eat the Smurfs? Is that's why you wanted him?
Speaker 5: I think he just wanted him good. I don't remember if you wanted to eat him or just kill him.
Speaker 2: I'm not going he has the ability to create one Why did you just create a bunch of them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like those guys that are making the dire wor just make a bunch of smurfs and they eat them.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a good point. Hawk. Did you like the twenty eleven Smurfs movie? Is great? Yeah, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 3: It's a great plot.
Speaker 5: Let's see here.
Speaker 7: Game one of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight at seven o'clock that will feature the Vegas Golden Knights and the Hurricanes. Game one and two will be in Carolina ZECHU hockey.
Speaker 5: I think here we go.
Speaker 1: We talked about it earlier, but yeah, this is uh, this is a matchup that is going to provide some very entertaining hockey. John Tortorella has found the magic sauce to get this Golden Knights team to the Stanley Cup Final and perhaps he'll get win another win another Stanley Cup and add to his his trophy collection. He was actually I think fishing or out on to buy a boat when he got the call that they wanted to hire him. And so what a couple of months a whirlwind to go from out buying a boat to now in the Stanley Cup Finals. So pretty cool, cool story with towards the Hurricanes. Now Fish coach Towarts and the Hurricanes are very very good. They've had a wonderful season and even better postseason, best start in like fifty years.
Speaker 5: So there'll be a tough, tough team to beat.
Speaker 1: But if you got good goaltending and the Golden Knights do and good coaching, anything can happen.
Speaker 5: So who knows toss up?
Speaker 1: Probably Hurricanes, but we'll find out tonight who gets off on the right foot.
Speaker 7: The NBA Finals hogs Daddy, starts tomorrow between the Spurs and Nicks.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 7: Time is seven thirty. The first two games are in San Antonio, Texas, and your Spurs Corlis are five and a half point favorites.
Speaker 5: Go San Antonio Spurs. Uh, good for lou Yeah, let's go, my son, No, yeah, we have nineteenth time. Go ahead, he calls it. Man.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, the Knicks have not played since last week Monday.
Speaker 5: Just get all fat and safet see they might be they might Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's rest versus rest.
Speaker 5: Don't know.
Speaker 4: The Spurs could be absolutely exhausted or they could be primed and hit the ground running.
Speaker 5: It'll be great either way.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a fun series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because then we get we.
Speaker 7: Can get it over with to the best part the off season, because there's all kinds of cool moves in the draft and fun stuff.
Speaker 4: I think the finals could be fun though, right Hawk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right time for footb Yeah see he gets it.
Speaker 7: Come on a sad note, Hall of Fame basketball coach and former Timberwolves head coach Rick Adelman passed away at the age of seventy nine. He coached here from twenty eleven to twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Martins, He did, and he was a very nice man. He was one of the great great basketball minds. The things that he understood about the game and taught about the game and the plays and the depth and just all of that kind of stuff I believe was a real gift.
Speaker 5: He was a.
Speaker 4: One of those rare people. And I knew him just, you know, on a coach sort of worker relationship. But he was always very kind to me, and he was kind to our entire broadcast team. So I had great, great respect for him, both as a human being and as a coach. And yeah, rest in peace, Rest in peace.
Speaker 7: The Links destroyed. The Mercury won eleven seventy seven, the largest margin of victory so far in the WNBA season.
Speaker 4: Incredible. And did you see the field goal percentage for the Links in that game?
Speaker 5: Yes, sixty four percent about fifty from three.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable. That is the fifth best in franchise history, in any game at any time. Fifth best. And Phoenix went to the finals last year.
Speaker 5: And Olivia Miles is an absolute star.
Speaker 4: She might be the year. She might be better than easy Fud. Yeah, yeah, great pick Cheryl Reeve and staff in the draft. You know who has the best record in the WNBA.
Speaker 5: I bet you can guess Bad Finger the seven and two Links. That's correct, I nailed it. What I guess who?
Speaker 3: It's a great band. Yeah, good record.
Speaker 4: And Ifisa Collier isn't even playing yet, their best player is not playing and they have the best record.
Speaker 6: How many bands can we name it have the word finger in it? Because I think I know you're a eleven finger eleven gold fingers, five finger death punpive finger death punch. Those were three of them. If Bad Fingers a thing, that's four, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's a yeah.
Speaker 2: Ben Folds, no, no, not ben Folds finger, ben Folds fingers.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh, Rosie liked that band magic fingers. Yeah, he did. What a weird that's five. That was a weird moment. Anything else. Yeah, The Eagles are trading aj Brown to the Patriots.
Speaker 7: Everybody saw that one coming for a twenty twenty eight first round pick and a twenty twenty seven fifth round pick. And then the Browns traded Miles Garrett to the Rams for Jared Verse, a twenty twenty seven first round pick, a twenty twenty eight second round pick, and a twenty twenty nine third round pick. Miles Garrett broke the single season sack record last season with twenty three sacks.
Speaker 5: He same monster, He's pretty good. Yep. It was really hot out yesterday, and I know you were golfing. I don't know what they had at the.
Speaker 6: Golf tournament, but my guess is when you got home, you probably went out by your.
Speaker 5: Pool and cracked a surf side, cracked out open surf side at the pool. You got a new grill, so you're grilling in surf siding.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what your teeth?
Speaker 5: You got a new grill? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Gee, which I say, thank.
Speaker 3: You, You're welcome by me.
Speaker 5: I I.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm grilling and chilling and I'm doing it with a peach iced tea from surf side.
Speaker 5: We said, well said, Viking's news is next.
Speaker 8: This is the Power Trip Morning chow on the fans from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: Man, wow, man wow, man wow.
Speaker 5: Man wow.
Speaker 3: Zach just delivered a Tommy Olsen moment. He took my breath away.
Speaker 5: I mean, you asked, I did.
Speaker 3: You're right, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not sorry, but I appreciate the honesty. But you took it a step further.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that happened. But I guess it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's not made for that.
Speaker 3: No, obviously, I think.
Speaker 5: You broke it. Time. It's time for Vikings news.
Speaker 2: For Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 5: By Excess Series.
Speaker 6: Ten am tomorrow, New Vikings Uneral manager Nolan Teasley his introductory press conference will ask him a whole bunch of questions. And by we, I mean the assembled media. I don't think the three of us will be there. Oh, yes, you guys won't be there. Yes, Marnie you won't be there. Zach won't be there.
Speaker 5: No, it'll be on watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be listening on KFA and yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this isn't one of like, this isn't an exclusive power to press conference like we do with koc. It's not just us pepperine him with actual questions about earn that.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly, I mean, yeah, yeah, if it were later in the day about Hogsteady, go sure.
Speaker 5: It's on the episite side of the world, it is.
Speaker 3: He's right about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he likes driving around though I do.
Speaker 3: I enjoy I like riding my motorcycle.
Speaker 2: My buddy Craig Peters, who works for Vikings Entertainment, double yeah, great, dude. He does the mail bag, you know, and one of the questions in the mail bag about your Minnesota Vikings is, uh, do you think they're going to add another edge rusher and or cornerback? And uh, you know this time of year, I started thinking to myself, I guess this is the roster set, but it's certainly not say yet. They could certainly add more people, and he mentions, uh, Saucy Davian Clowney.
Speaker 3: Yeah that would be fun, wouldn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's I mean, he was the first overall pick in twenty Houston. Well was it Houston that got him? Was it twenty twelve?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think so he's been Yeah, I mean he's old, he's played for a lot of teams.
Speaker 5: He's basically a gun for hire at this point. Yeah. Yeah, but yeah he would be fine. Yeah, they could use somebody like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sittings is all he is.
Speaker 6: He should have been out of the ten years ago, but he can't stay home because he hates his wife.
Speaker 3: Who meets us?
Speaker 5: Who meets us? Sits all.
Speaker 2: Houston, Seattle, Tennessee, Cleveland, Baltimore, Carolina and now the Cowboys Clowney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's Yeah, he doesn't fourteen first overall.
Speaker 5: Pick yep, fourteen.
Speaker 7: He's a guy though that would probably sign in the middle of a training camp, so he doesn't have to go through with that. So he's a guy that'll wait out as long. Joey Bosa is also a guy that is a free agent. Yeah, Cameron Jordan von Miller.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Craig says that Jadavian would is still strong against the run in correct games and Brian Flores's scheme and would rotate perfectly. So as a guy who rotates with Dallas Turner and Van Ginkle, that might work out perfectly.
Speaker 3: Matt Bring, Let's go Ja Davion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's being of being disruptive. NFL Ive was on yesterday and they were talking about Miles Garrett the Trade, and I think it was Peter Schrager, but I forget who. One of the guys from the show was saying that the Rams watched Miles Garrett film from last year and actually thought he was better than they thought, if that makes sense. They were like, he had twenty three sacks, he broke the NFL record, but he actually was even better than that that he did so much of his disruption from like a four man front, and he was getting lots of attention and things that, like he just dominated everything we saw. Yeah, so that's why they basically emptied the clip and did whatever they could to get him. Yeah, and they need somebody that's disruptive. We don't have Grenard anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think Dallas Turner can do that and maybe take a step up, but you don't have anybody that's guaranteed to do that like the Rams will with Miles Garrett.
Speaker 6: But like, that's that was one of the sneaky stats for Grenard, right, is that even though he missed a lot of sacks, how many times last year was he really close but then just didn't get a quarterback down.
Speaker 5: But I think his pressure rate was extremely high.
Speaker 2: It was Las.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we need somebody to create pressure even if they aren't technically getting this sack.
Speaker 5: So I don't know who that's going to be.
Speaker 4: If destructive factor was a stat yes, he would have ranked.
Speaker 6: He definitely would have a Dallas Turner had a nice like six week run, right, yeah he did. Yeah, he's trending the right way. But man, it's far from a guarantee. But they definitely are willing to gamble that he's ready. Yeah, and you're one hundred percent correct. Court like when he splashed.
Speaker 7: There were some moments who are like, my god, the bend around the end that you got to have as a defensive end and a off off ball linebacker or whatever is that he plays.
Speaker 6: He has all that, but it's got to be all seasons, a whole season. Yeah, Yeah, that was Vikings news. Yep, there's not much. It's tune second, yeah, but it's right around the corner.
Speaker 2: It'll be there before you know it, before you know it, And I'm excited, yeah, man, And we can mention of course, Larry Fitzgerald Senior passing away yesterday.
Speaker 5: As you cross paths with him.
Speaker 4: Oh, I saw him a lot. Actually, he was at a lot of Timberwolves games. He would come to links games. He was a very nice man. I heard you guys all say you didn't really talk to him hello, And I had several conversations with him. I'm not sure why I I would have fallen into a different category.
Speaker 5: But you seem more approachable, you seem nicer than us.
Speaker 3: That might be it.
Speaker 4: It might be it. That's the face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure such.
Speaker 4: He also sadly his wife and Larry's Larry Junior's mom passed away with breast cancer, and so we have had a few conversations about that, and Larry Senior would always ask me, how are you doing, how is your health, how are you feeling? And I just found him to be a really kind man. I think we all did. He was just a really he was a nice guy, very quiet, just kind of rolled in and watched the game and did his work. I was shocked. I had not actually heard his name or I hadn't seen him since Wolves season ended, so I had not been top of mine at all. I saw the news last night as I was going to bed. I was like, wow, I didn't realize anything was going on or if he had been sick, but man, yeah that was a shocker and another good, good human being that I hope lives well in the afterlife.
Speaker 5: And his son goes into the Hall of Fame in like two months.
Speaker 3: Oh is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It sucks. Yeah, yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 8: Who is his son?
Speaker 5: I don't know his name, but Uhlarifitzgerald.
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I guess that tracks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, truly, Joe.
Speaker 2: We are getting closer and closer every day, ladies and gentlemen, I can season to be here before you know, Oh tears or many camp Well, that's true too. I mean I don't think I think everybody knows that. You want you want to talk about that.
Speaker 3: Adam Man, No, not really.
Speaker 5: That's depressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean looking forward to hearing from the new general manager.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, Sauce.
Speaker 6: You can ask the new general manager one question and he has to be one hundred percent honest, no company line, no, you know, beating around the bush and saying this and that.
Speaker 5: He's just got to say the truth. Man, that's a good question, thank you. What do you ask him?
Speaker 7: I mean, it'd probably be quarterback related. I don't know if I would waste who's your starting quarterback? Because I think everybody knows who that is?
Speaker 3: Can I can?
Speaker 5: I can?
Speaker 3: I have one?
Speaker 6: Yes, this is lie detector test truth serum. He has to tell the truth.
Speaker 5: It's a good question. I have one go.
Speaker 3: Would you have signed Kyler Murray?
Speaker 5: That's not bad?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what is your honest thought of JJ McCarthy because he didn't draft him, he has no stake in him.
Speaker 4: It would be like, what is the distance between.
Speaker 5: Portraying was my dad Matthew's impassion? I think you're going to get dinged by cattup. It wasn't close enough. I'm working on it. Yeah, i'd probably ask him a quarterback related question.
Speaker 4: The distance between quarterback one and two?
Speaker 5: Right? A competition?
Speaker 4: How far apart?
Speaker 6: Would you ask him his social Security number? And I would immediately just off the greatest identity theft of all time?
Speaker 5: Why would ask him about football? What do I care? That doesn't that?
Speaker 3: I mean you might know who did it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: You just kids.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know, or maybe like the.
Speaker 6: Like the pin code to get into TCO if there's not like key cards. If there's just like a pin code, I would just ask them what the code is so I can rob You could ask that. I'm just saying I don't know. I wouldn't ask football questions.
Speaker 5: That's for you guys. I would ask something that's more nefarious. What if God was one of us? Great questions? That's Joan Osborne already asked that. Yeah, nobody answered.
Speaker 2: Nobody answered. It's the weirdest thing people should been asking and asking.
Speaker 5: That's a great sign.
Speaker 4: Will will you guys chop up the press conference tomorrow and ask your own question?
Speaker 5: What is that supposed to me?
Speaker 6: We get exclusive interviews with KOs We don't chop up anything. We go down to CCO and get exclusive access to KOC weekly during the right right, Will.
Speaker 4: You do that thing with this press conference? You have to hear the press conference first to know if you will go sure that thing.
Speaker 5: That's not gonna work for me. Yeah, he'll be on his way to the seven o two as at. He doesn't care. No, I'm out in vacation mode mentally, I'm out of there.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that. He's gonna be.
Speaker 6: Zach was up to like two in the morning watching the World Series of Poker. So it ain't just me that guy is addicted to No, oh yeah it was he stop the bleeding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I wasn't even in the room. And now I know what.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: It was heads up poker, right? I got confused?
Speaker 3: Does everybody?
Speaker 6: Yeah? You know how?
Speaker 7: How?
Speaker 3: How in in good my God? And brig do you know how?
Speaker 5: You're bread from Indiana? I'm not great at adult things.
Speaker 2: I was one hundred percent sure that I had an appointment today, that it's tomorrow, and I would have definitely gone to the place today and unless I just got an emo and.
Speaker 3: I just I do that all the time.
Speaker 5: Do you guys do that all the time?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I put things in. Can't my calendar wrong?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that maybe you should figure out that. Oh that's going wrong.
Speaker 5: I just need to stop start saying no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a near nose and throat doctor appointment. I have to go see this thought it was today. I've been nervous about it.
Speaker 6: Remember the War on drugs? Just say no, yeah, just say no. It was about drugs and not trying drugs for the first time. But it really is just good advice for life. Hey, do you want to go to that thing. Yeah no, no, yeah, no, Hey, do you want to help that friend do that one thing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, Hey you want to stay after nine oh one?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Do you want to hang them with popus? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh you're on camera.
Speaker 5: Man, you gotta remember you're a TV person. This people saw them on. What is your problem?
Speaker 3: What you got your money back? Didn't you? Friday morning? I told these guys you made a run on Friday morning.
Speaker 5: I made multiple runs.
Speaker 4: Yes, in multiple directions.
Speaker 5: Okay, well done direction. That's half the battle both ways, mam ma'am. No exactly, ma'am, ma'am. Wait a battle, ma'am, ma'am. I did not Zacho right, well, thank god, Zacho hit it hard. Sounds like, yeah, yeah, you don't have to hit that hard. Yeah, leave it alone. Uh, I just.
Speaker 6: Not me.
Speaker 4: I was hemorrhaging money.
Speaker 5: I'm worse than the rest of us. Any comments on what they're discussing that should be in my butt. Whoa, that's not what we're talking about. After what I learned, I got Corey. This what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Uh fan five and a second. We'll play team codes later with these fine ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 8: This is the power Tree morning show on the fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Postman Law, Good Morning, We