Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk. Here we go again.
Speaker 4: We get ready running back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. And now your host here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: You know they saying major League Baseball to one hundred and sixty two games, you can't get too high with the highs and you can't.
Speaker 4: Get too low with the lows.
Speaker 2: And I think today is a prime example, is one of those days the Dodgers get beat up by the Baltimore Orioles twelve to one. But you know what, Tomorrow's a new day and new series and new road trip for the Dodgers is they got to put this one behind them. But as fast as they can get to Lax and get on that seven fourty seven to head to the Midwest, TI everybody. Tim kaits here on Dodger Talk on an five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeart radio app. Happy Father's Day to all you. Dad's out there, you grandfather's out there, you uncle's out there, everybody who is a dad figure in somebody is alive. You're an important person. We want to make sure we acknowledge you. Happy Father's Day to my dad, Steve. Happy Father's Day to Colin's dad. Billy Yee, who I know is listening, very proud of both of his son's Colin Yee, who does a tremendous job. And you hear him on Dodger Talk here as well, and you hear him on the Boxing show every Saturday morning right here on AM five seventy, LA Sports eight six six nine eighty seven. Two five seventy is our telephone number. I know a lot of Dodger fans not happy with the last two days the way this Dodgers team has played offensively. And if you heard Dave Roberts in the Clubhouse show, he too Dodger fans not happy with his Dodgers' offense. He's specifically talked about the approach and the plan that they have at the plate and taking fastballs for strikes and chasing, as he said, spin pitches off speed pitches out of the zone you got. The approach of the Dodgers at bats right now is just not good in Dave Roberts' eyes and not what he wants to see collectively from this Dodgers lineup. And I said it in the Clubhouse Show, and if you missed it, I think it's important because Dave Roberts touched on this. He said, when you get a starting pitcher like last night, and you get a starting pitcher like today and the Baltimore Orioles Brandon Young, who is all of a sudden getting into a rhythm and starting to collect out and starting to get strikeouts, and all of a sudden, it's putting up zeros on the scoreboard against this Dodgers' offense the way they did last night and tonight, both starting pitchers. That's an issue because the Rodgers have too good of a lineup to go through stretches where they put up zeros like they have the last couple of days. And I'll outside of a comeback winning the ninth and in the Dodgers very easily could have got swept in this three game set to the Baltimore Orgers last night.
Speaker 4: They had a chance to come back and win.
Speaker 2: His second come from behind Win had the tye run at third base with two outs and Kyle Tucker struck out on three split finger pitches that were, you know, his pitches that he chased out of the zone.
Speaker 4: And I think that's.
Speaker 2: Sort of what Dave Roberts was also talking to as far as the overall approach, and at bat Jose Motive touched upon it as well.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the situation last night.
Speaker 2: Just going back to last night's game where you kind of just got to be able to put the ball in play and look to spray the ball to the outfield somewhere instead of trying to come up with that big home run to win it. I mean, you got the tye run ninety feet away. All you got to do is somehow someway find some green grass somewhere and get that run in. And to you saw, the Dodgers just didn't string together hits. Now, it happens in games, it happens in series. You tip your cap to the other team's starting pitcher or pitching staff and say they got the best of us, they had a game plan, it was better than ours, and they win today's matchup, and we're gonna fight to play tomorrow and see who wins.
Speaker 4: The next game.
Speaker 2: And for the Dodgers, they kind of have to put this out of their memory, kind of get that, you know, men in black, little device kind of waving in front of their eyes, and erase what happened the last forty eight hours and head to Minneapolis to start anew in this three game series against the Twins. Because their approach and this offense is too good to be what we saw the last two games. I mean, last night, without side of scoring the runs of the ninth inning, just got out played and didn't have a good approach at the plate. And today outside the Max months the RBI single on the bottom half of the first inning just didn't even have opportunities.
Speaker 4: Now that's the offense right.
Speaker 2: The pitching staff as a whole has got to be a starting staff that does not put their off and holes all the time. It feels like every time I do dodge of talk. I did it after the White Sox game last week. I mean, you look up and it's the other team's up to nothing. You look up and it's four nothing. You look up at six to one. This can't keep happening. The starting pitching has got to put up zeros. Last week we talked about in Chicago that a bullpen and the relievers got to put up zeros and hold whatever the game is that at that point, to allow the offense to get back into a game, whether it's a three to one deficit, a four to one deficit, a four to nothing deficit, the Dodger's bullpen, and the job of every bullpen is to then put zero's up the rest of the way. That's our job is to stop it right there, put a line in the sand and say no more offense from the other team the rest of the game, and we gotta hope our offense can get going and chip away or somehow cut back into this deficit. But when you get a situation like im and she and all of a sudden it's too nothing batters into the game, then all of a sudden, you're down three to one. After you admite it a two to one game in the bottom of the first, and then Colton Kowser it's a home run the third and it's four to one, and then you get chased in the fourth inning because Jack Dryer comes in, strikeout, walk, two runs, single to Colton Kowser. That's a situation where you're inheriting runners on base like Jack Tyer did. But it also is a three to one game or four to one game. You've got to put up a zero at that point, at least get out of the inning with no more damage. At least stop the bleeding in that fourth inning. It can't go from four to one to six to one. So today, the last two days just not great all round performances by the starting pitching, the bullpen, and certainly, as Dave Roberts alluded to, the approach and plan of the bats by this Dodgers offense against the Baltimore Orioles, who are a sub five hundred team, who are a young team with a good offensive production from young players every day that go out and fight and grind, but they don't have great starting pitching.
Speaker 4: They don't this This should have been.
Speaker 2: A series the Dodgers offense quite frankly, should have feasted on this starting pitching, but tables got flipped on them and they dropped two of three. Today they fall to the Baltimore Orioles by a score twelve to one. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Medello Midello. The mark of a fighter. Now before we get to the River Ryan calls, because I know they're there and we got one line op. But if you want to jump on board, Dodger fans eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy, there's been a cry for River Ryan and bring River Ryan the image. Shean's out of the rotation. I just want to put in a little bit of perspective here. We're missing Blake's now, you're missing Tyler Glass now, okay, two fifths of your starting rotation. Heading into this weekend against the Baltimore Orioles, the Dodger starting staff still had the lowest ERRA and opponents batting average in the major leagues.
Speaker 4: Okay, keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Despite the struggles and ups and downs of Immitchian the straight despite the ups and downs of Roki Sasaki, despite having Eric Lauer as your rotation out and he's actually been pretty good, the Dodger starters going into this weekend lowest r RAY and opponents batting average in the Major leagues, while leading the National League in strikeouts and innings pitched combine. Okay, that's the Dodger starters, now, immit Shean every start that goes on now, and he has now continued to lose games in the month of June. He's zero and four now in four starts. The cry for River Ryan gets louder and louder. River Ryan coming off Tommy John surgery. The last thing he can do is come back and throw a hundred plus innings. So you've got to pace River Ryan's return. It's June twenty first, there is still a second half of the baseball season to go. There's still a good two what three weeks before the All Star break. With that in mind, at the minor league level, they're only a few weeks behind the major leagues as far as their schedule is concerned. River Ryan's already a near forty innings pitched in Triple A.
Speaker 4: Now he's building up.
Speaker 2: He's pitched well in May, he pitched well in his first couple starts in June. But River Ryan folks his last time out four to third innings, eight runs on ten hits, and his ERA is now close to four and a half on the season. Not to say he's not the guy, but the last downing wasn't a good one. The last two outings before that, though, were pretty good, but against Sacramento on the seventeenth, just a couple of days ago, a rough one for River Ryan. I want to see how he bounces back. But the Dodger front office also has been very adamant at that they aren't just gonna a rush to bring River Ryan up, who many consider the Dodgers' top pitching prospect right now and could be somebody used in a trade at the deadline. Who knows the possibility You never know because he's a commodie that teams are looking for young starting pitcher. And I say young, he's twenty seven years old. But as far as wear and tear coming off Tommy John surgery hasn't.
Speaker 4: Really pitched since twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: You still have to and I use this in quotes baby him as he comes back. You can't rush a guy back coming off of Tommy John surgery. Think about Joe Heyo Tani a year ago, one inning, then another inning, start, then it was two innings. He progressed at the same time, he didn't have minor leagues to rehab and build up his stamina in his outings and innings. He used the major leagues as his rehab. But River Ryan, while albeit pretty much built up now and Triple A Oklahoma City. I still think it's a little premature to pull the River Ryan card if you're the Dodger.
Speaker 4: I think the.
Speaker 2: Way the Dodger's starting pitching is right now, Immit Shean's gonna get another spin or two around this rotation. And I say this before we get out to the phones real quick. I was talking to Colin you about this during the break between the clubhouse showing Dodger talk.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers have a six man rotation.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of teams in baseball have gotten to that yet, meaning Dodger starters only pitch once a week and usually on five days rest. We've only seen a couple of Dodgers starters this year go on four days.
Speaker 4: Rest, only a few.
Speaker 2: For the most part, it's five days rest and pitching once a week. They're getting rest in between starts. It's not like these guys are being taxed as a starting staff. And again, a starting staff with Eric Louer in it, with Justin Robleski in it, and with Immit Sheen and it still missing Tyler Glass now and Blake Snell. Who knows when those guys are getting ready to come back. You've got a six man rotation. They're only pitching once week. When they're out there, they've got to empty the tank, so to speak. All these dudes, and you heard Dave Roberts allude to it, and Jose Muda mentioned it.
Speaker 4: Emma, she has just.
Speaker 2: Got to get more aggressive out there and attack hitters more. Today, balls in the zone were getting hit, hard balls outside the strike zone. He wasn't getting any swinging missus, very very few chases on pitches outside the strike zone. All right, let's go out to the phones. I said what I wanted to say. Let's go out to helmet Man, my guy, helmet Man who has been calling sports talk radio and AM five to seventy LA Sports for the better part of thirty years.
Speaker 4: Helmet Man, Welcome, sir. How are you dame?
Speaker 5: Top up the evening tim Yeah, I was up by the game and I'm down by Union Station, and okay, I called in. I finally called in, you know, and I didn't know that they would. I'm both a Dodger fan and an Oil fan. I don't have no other teams, but I root for both because I've been out here since nineteen eighty one. Nice, I'm going to Anaheim. Okay, but I want the Dodgers to win because I used to work for them.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, and I was.
Speaker 5: I was talking to Eddie Murray outside the Staples Center. But I want the Well see the Dodgers kind of like laying back probably. I know they're trying, but they can. I mean, they can't afford to lose, but they they lose games, but they know how to win.
Speaker 2: They know how to adject I gotcha, I gotcha, hell men, everything everything else, okay.
Speaker 4: Great to hear your voice. Don't be a stranger.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I saw you at the Winning Way in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time, man, but great to hear your voice. I hear you call Big Ben all the time. We're gonna let you go, helmet Man. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon. Try to stay cool out there. Great to hear from my guy, helmet Man Man. He's been calling sports talk radio since I was an intern back in the nineties. Great to hear the voice of helmet Man eight sixty sixth nine eighty seven, two five seventy.
Speaker 4: He's right, you know, it's not the end of the world.
Speaker 2: It's not something to freak out about losing two to three to Baltimore Orioles. But you certainly don't want to continue this approach that they're having offensively, and you can hear the frustration in Dave Roberts's voice about the plan and approach. As he said at the plate in the last couple of games, he's just not liking what he has seen. Justin from Santa Monica is next up on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: How you doing, Justin, Hey, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: So I gotta say, man, like I'm still gonna burn from last night with Tucker.
Speaker 8: I feel like he's.
Speaker 3: An astro but showing us directly now from the inside out those last three pitches, every people, everyone before him then at least took a pitch you knew what pitch was coming. Be a professional take one of those. I mean, he just bought every single one.
Speaker 8: And he's lifeless, and I.
Speaker 3: Don't I mean, are you hitting Instructors can just do so much with this guy. I don't know if it's rest I don't know what to do with him, but I feel like, you see these other prospects of Arts, Chilling and triple A, anyone could get better than him, I could get better. I could go, oh for three, give me a bat.
Speaker 7: In the uniform.
Speaker 3: And this guy just does not seem to get it. He took his money from us, but he's doing astrothal like behavior and screwing us. It's gotta be enough already. I mean today they were lifeless. I mean, like you said, sheen In, I mean, he came out so passive, and everyone's just we're looking for Snell to start getting up. I know he's probably closer than Plass now, but I'm just I just rave he ruined ruined today, know.
Speaker 8: How bad he was yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you see any lights possibly coming from this guy.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it justin I see your frustration. I'm with you at times watching the approach. Last night's ninth Inny and Bat was not a good one from Kyle Tucker. But he saw three splitt's that were tough and you know, balls that just dropped out out of the strike zone.
Speaker 4: But I have to go on what Dave Roberts is.
Speaker 2: Saying, and he's talking about Kyle Tucker, and I think he's, you know, pointing the finger based on everybody the last couple of games, the plan in the approach of the at bats is just not where he wants it to be.
Speaker 4: And again, this.
Speaker 2: Offense is too good to score one run on five hits. This offense is too good to be held in check until the ninth inning light.
Speaker 4: They were last night.
Speaker 2: This is an offense that you know, is so deep and long one through nine that the old saying is where do you come up from air? If you're a starting pitcher, you know, where is there a break? Where's a guy in the lineup that you can say, okay, who finally I can exit here and now not worry about having the ball drilled off my chest or hit out of the ballpark because these guys just crush.
Speaker 4: Well, that hasn't been the case.
Speaker 2: You know, the Dodger pitchers are getting hit around the last couple of nights, and the Dodgers' offense just hasn't been there. And I'm just gonna gain go back to what Dave Roberts said about the plan and the approach of this Dodger's offense and the hitters has got to be better moving forward, and I think going to Minnesota it will be. And when they get there, though, the offense can put up runs but I think it all starts also with starting pitcher. You know, it goes hand in hand, as I keep saying, and it's just it's it's not rocket science.
Speaker 4: It's baseball. It's sports.
Speaker 2: You know, if it's football and all of a sudden, your defense gives up three touchdowns and you're down twenty one to nothing, and there's like ten minutes to go in the first.
Speaker 4: Quarter, and you're like, oh boy, now we're Our.
Speaker 2: Offense has got a lot of work to do to get back into this game at the same time hoping your defense pitches a shutout the rest of the way. It's like in basketball, giving up, you know, fourteen run and you're down by twenty points. You know, you're not the New York Knicks every time gonna be able to come back and win every single game like they did in the NBA Finals. It takes a lot of effort and energy to get back into a game while also playing defense trying to hold the other team from not scoring.
Speaker 4: Same thing in baseball.
Speaker 2: The offense is, you know, if it's quiet and all of a sudden they're down three to nothing, Okay, another hole we got to get out of. Starting pitchers continue to put the Dodgers in the holes.
Speaker 4: That's got to stop. They've got to be able to.
Speaker 2: Start working, you know, earlier in games and putting up zeros. The Dodgers starting pitching has to I mean, we're just seeing it too many times now. The other team getting out to the early leads. Well it's the first inning, second inning, and all of a sudden, the Dodgers are down three to nothing. So like, okay, who's gonna be Who's gonna hit the three run home run today to win it for the Dodgers. Well, I know they got twenty three comeback wins. I know they got walkoff wins at home. That's great, But they can't do it every single time. You've got to have your offense be able to work in a game that's zero zero or you know, give them a lead to work with early.
Speaker 4: How many times that we've seen it this year?
Speaker 2: A Justin Robleski, A Rokie Sasaki a great example. When they give them or leads early, they get comfortable, they get locked in, they can be a little bit more aggressive pitching, and they start putting up zeros. Next thing you know, it's you know, six innings, a one run baseball from a Sasaki or or Justin Robleski.
Speaker 4: There is something to that.
Speaker 2: A pitcher pitching with more confidence when it's a zero zero game or your offense gives you the lead.
Speaker 4: Again, it's not rocket science we're dealing with here.
Speaker 2: It's simple as sports and putting up runs against how many runs you give up. And when the Dodgers again are constantly giving up runs from their starting pitchers, it is a tough go day in and day out, having to come out.
Speaker 4: Of those holes.
Speaker 2: David on the six ZHO five, Thanks for being patient. Welcome to Dodge Talk. After the Baltimore Orioles win at twelve to one.
Speaker 4: What were the Dodgers today on Father's Day? How you doing, David?
Speaker 7: Good tim How are you okay? I don't know if you're a daddy, but if you are, a happy Father's day I am.
Speaker 4: Thank you, three beautiful girls. Thank you for that.
Speaker 7: Now correct me if I'm wrong. But it was the same Orioles, give or take a few players. Last year when we went back to Baltimore, they beat us two out of three. This year they come into our place and they beat us two out of three. I was reading a stat online. I guess that picture for the Ols that I think was Brandon or Braydon Young. Yes, Okay, when he starts a game, his record, the Oils record now is eleven and two. So I don't know. I don't know if he was doing everything right or we were just doing everything wrong. Now, talking about Michael Tucker last night, kind of looking you know, how bad he was swinging at those pitches, kind of remind me of the World Series when we were in Toronto. You know, Goslin was throwing the same thing, throwing pitches in the dirt, and we were just swinging at him because he just kept throwing him because he knew that we were going to swing at him. Just like today, it was a bad game. You know, I get it out of the system. You know, we got a tough road trip.
Speaker 8: We got to go to.
Speaker 7: Minnesota, then we got to go down to San Diego and you know, they always hate us, and we got to go up north to play the A's and they're playing some good baseball too, yea. And right after the All Star break it gets worse because we have to go to Yankee Stadium, we have to go to Philadelphia. So it's just it's not gonna get it.
Speaker 8: Easier.
Speaker 7: Like you said, we just have to step up and start playing Dodger Championship baseball, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kyle Tucker taking a lot right now. I gotta believe we're gonna see better things from him. And I appreciate the phone call. I like to hope, and I look at what he did last night, going over four and hitting in the seventh spot. Today he was hitting one sixth and goes over four. So they're trying different things with Kyle Tucker, moving him around in the order.
Speaker 4: We've seen him now.
Speaker 2: I mean, at the top the top of my head, I think we've now seen him one four different spots in the order this first half of the season.
Speaker 4: Last night the seven hole, today, the six hole.
Speaker 2: So they're trying, they're moving him around, trying to see if he can see some better pitches, if he can get some better at bats, string him together and all of a sudden get out of a hole. I mean, we see Mookie Betts, you know, in the last three weeks, the end of the last homestand the last road trip really in Pittsburgh and Chicago, and you know, this homestand continued to string together good at bats and better games and now hitting close to two twenty on the season. I know it's not you know, two twenty, it's not three twenty, but from where he was at to where he is now, that average is moving up. Beyond base percentage is moving up as well for Mookie Betts, so he seems to have turned the corner. You got to hope at some point Kyle Tucker is able to turn the corner as well.
Speaker 4: Eight six six, nine eighty seven to two five seven.
Speaker 2: We'll take a time out, we'll come back and we'll get all your phone calls for the rest of the way. If you're on a hole, we'll get to you. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy.
Speaker 7: Im it?
Speaker 2: Shean three plus innings, gets tagged for six on eight hits. The bullpen, though also gave up six runs.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: The Baltimore Orioles past the Dodgers today twelve to one.
Speaker 4: The final.
Speaker 2: Continue your phone calls and you're on Dodger Talk on This Father's Day Live on A five seventy LA Sports and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Appen AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: We're streaming online.
Speaker 1: We stream every game too, Come find them. Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Tim Kate's back with you here on Dodger Talk on this Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to all those out there. We appreciate it. As the Dodgers today get boat raced by the Baltimore Orioles twelve to one as Brandon Young gets the win, going five Indians allowed just the one run on a couple of hits six and two on the season, image Shean with three and a third give up six runs on eight hits through eighty two pitches. He gets tagged with the loss. He's now three and five overall on this season. As image Shean in the month of June, it just has not worked out for the twenty six year old right hander.
Speaker 4: Things started off really good for.
Speaker 2: Him in the month of April and May and picked up a win against the Giants on May fourteenth, and then a couple of outings against the Padres and Rockies that you know didn't go his way, but got no decisions out of it the month of June. He is now zero and four, with losses to the Diamondbacks, the Angels, the White Sox, and today giving up six runs through three plus innings to the Baltimore Orioles. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers now head to Minnesota to start a nine game road trip, with three.
Speaker 4: To begin with against the Twins.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Cressline and Phil is next up on DI Did you talk on a seventy l A sports?
Speaker 4: Phil? How you doing? How's it? How is it in Cressline on this Sunday afternoon?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: It is a It is an absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 9: Afternoon up here in the mountains, and.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know, only soured by the Dodger performance today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. What's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: Well versus the foremost, although others have said it a happy Father's Day. But I just want to get your perspective because I'm a previous minor league pitcher, so I'm not here to.
Speaker 9: Bag on anybody, but I'm just wondering, how long do you think the Dodgers will go with Emmett With his performance through June, and you know, I mean really it's been kind of rocky since he came back from as from surgery.
Speaker 8: It seen when you have River Ryan ready.
Speaker 10: To roll, and I mean, would it be beneficial to put Emmett back in the in the bullpen where he you know, shine before, or you know, setting down to Triple A two to get some warkumets and things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an interesting question what to do with him, Phil, and I appreciate the quite of the phone call. If you send him back down to Triple A, you're keeping him in the rotation there and he's built up still as a starter, and that's your plan, is to continue to use him as a starter. I don't see at this point of the season all of a sudden turning off the spicket, so to speak with him and making him a reliever and a long inding reliever at that, and changing his routine and his makeup. Now, certainly, injuries dictate change and things like that happen when you've got to move a guy around because you've got to other options. But the Dodgers got plenty of the options as far as starting pitching his concern and as you mentioned, River Ryan one of those I said it earlier. He's got thirty six plus innings in Triple A. He's last start, he gave up eight urned runs in Triple A against the Sacramento Rivercats. It wasn't a great outing form. In four to third innings, eight runs, ten hits, three strikeouts. His r and Triple A is near four and a half. With that being said, I guess you don't, you know, really want to say, well, it's one bat outing, He's still built up, he's ready to go. Probably is the case. But Andrew Freeman is alluded to it. Brandon Gomes, I know, has talked about it. There are no rush to bring up River Ryan. You have a second half of a season to go. And think about Tyler Glass now his back. You don't know when he's coming back. He hasn't even started, you know, getting back up on the mount and throwing yet. Blake Snell just threw off a mount a couple of days ago. But it was to a guy standing up behind home plate. It wasn't to a catcher squatted behind the home plate in a traditional bullpen situation. He was just throwing off a mound to a guy standing sixty feet six inches away from him, So he is ramping up, but how far away is he realistically? He's not coming back before the All Star Break. It's June twenty first, the All Star breaks. What let's sit three weeks away. Hey, he's not three weeks away from being built up to pitch in the major leagues. And also look at the calendar. Why would you build them up only to take a week off. So I think you're looking at the All Star break as a reset for the Dodgers, and I think probably a reset to then bring Blake Snell back to this rotation at that point, Immaean probably the odd man out River Ryan.
Speaker 4: I don't think we.
Speaker 2: See until the after the All Star Break unless there's another injury to this rotation and that completely changes everything, Right, you got to throw the cards away and restart again, because everything's different with an injury. But if everything stays status quo with the injuries how they are, nobody else gets hurt. I just don't see River Ryan being called up until least after the.
Speaker 4: All Star Break, because then at that point he's ready to go, and uh, we'll.
Speaker 2: See what we can get out of him. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Sergio next up here on Dodge Talk. Welcome to Dodge Talk, Surgeio.
Speaker 11: How you doing great, Tim, Thank you so much. Happy fathers did to you and the crew, and what a gift to have two daughters graduate Broway to go man, good job, good job. Wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying myself with my superior grocers, al Pato, Sauce and d to you and the Peak and that show. Can't wait for next week or tomorrow to hear what he did this weekend. But I'm here to tell you that the Dodgers are going to be fine. We just need to do iron sharpens iron and I want to see a bobblehead for sacrificing four times in a row or moving a runner over. I mean, we want those moments, but those moments are going to happen when we do things like we're supposed to and have those superstar moments. I know we have a lot of leaders in Superstars. You're not gonna ask these guys to do things, but I want them to be aware of it and be not letting those moments go. And I think when you start having the team play in that direction, I think that's what Doc's getting at. I think you're going to see the team play a little bit different. Also, we can't understate the rookie catchers that we have, and they got to learn to slow down the game. Get out there, talk to those pictures. I know we're limited. They once the game fast, but I remember Tony Larusa. You get a guy on base man, he would slow it down to a snails crawl and you would almost forget what was going on. So appreciate you guys, Thank you so much. Loving my superior grocers bro. Thanks very much, take care all.
Speaker 2: Right, appreciate the phone call. Thank you, SERGIOE eight six six ninety seven seventy. Let's go to Don in the city of Industry with the deepest pipes and sports talk radio.
Speaker 7: How you doing, Don, Jim the Great Kikes?
Speaker 6: Oh, how are you doing. I'm so happy for you, your beautiful family, surrounded by beauty. Happy Father's Day to you. Maybe increase thank you, you know, uh man, this thing at the game, I mean I'm bummed, but I'm bummed out, you know, because I know we're just too darn good for this to continue. But every now and then, you know how it is, Jim better than anyone. It's not only a long season, it's a long roller coaster ride. And you're gonna when you're that good, it's hard to keep that edge that eye had the tiger. You know, everybody's cliche and and you're gonna get punched in the mouth and that'll wake you up, hopefully and say, oh gee whiz, I needed that. And then so I'm sure we're gonna buck it down because, like as a previous caller said, San Diego's coming to town, we're gonna be yank all that stuff. So anyway, I think we'll be fine on that score. But you know, I had a question, hope it's on an odd question. What that kid and the miners that got hurt jumping over the bat retrieving dog? What happened to him? I was I was wondering, how how is he progressing? Were able to treat his knee without surgery, or how is that kid doing? Because it sounded like just such a freaky thing, and plus he was like a super fast runner, a speed demon, and then for something that bogus to happen, I'm just concerned about him. Have you heard anything.
Speaker 2: Last I heard a couple of weeks ago. It was the left knee injury. I don't know if it was the meniscus. Uh oh, here we go. Putel attendant while jumping out of the way to avoid the dog putel attendant. So that's a kneecap injury. I believe from just kind of quickly looking here. Don appreciate the phone call, thank you for the nice words, and MRI. I revealed no ligament damage on Kendall George. This is going back a few weeks to Dodger Prospect and double A Tulsa who again was avoiding the bat dog in a game, and you saw the viral clip on social media and kind of everywhere after that. He tried to jump out of the way and landed awkwardly. So I'm just kind of going through the latest story. I can see here on a quick little search that it is a clean no ligament damage, linamit damage?
Speaker 4: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: And what they're called it a ptell attendant injury to his left knee.
Speaker 4: So that's all I got for you. Don wish I had more. I have not heard anything else on Kendall George. Let's go to.
Speaker 2: Izzy in Anaheim. Oh boy, here we go. Dodgers have lost two or three. They lose twelve to one on this Father's Day. Is he it's the end of the world.
Speaker 12: I'm very the press, but you know what, I kind of realize this year the Dodgers are trying to win. They're trying to win. They stay in a role. I can't feel we're gonna get bumping Rose after this. I'm still worried about them, but I'm always worried about them. But whatever, they they'll be okay. But yeah, this week was no, it was so pathetic. So I don't know what to say. But you know what, Oh well, you could tell the guys that they don't have to bring out the panic breather because they two. They won't bring the panic brother up out I'm bringing bring bring them out during the playoffs. That when the time they need to bring them out. So but yeah, I mean it's baseball, guys. I mean Lucky Day.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a long season, is he?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 2: Those two or three out of Baltimore. It's not the end of the world. I appreciate it. And we'll do a little launching pad maybe on Thursday. H Wait, though it's not a day game on on Thursday. It's an off day on Thursday. They play on Wednesday and that's not even a day game, so is he. We'll talk to you in a couple of days. Thanks for the phone called. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Daniels Jewelers, which presents the home run forecast. Dodger fans, for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card, just visit am FI seventy la sports dot com, use the keyword home run and into your name and you could win a Daniels Jeweler's gift card. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. That's gonna do it for Dodger Talk on this Sunday. Many thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. Thank you to Colin Ye for all his help today. Thanks to all you for listening and podcasting the show. Happy Father's Day to everybody out there. Hope you can enjoy the rest of you Sunday afternoon, whether you're out and about, barbecue and just hanging out.
Speaker 4: Watched the Little of the US Open. What to finish that was? I won't spoiler for you if you t vote it or DDR did it or.
Speaker 2: Don't know what happened yet, Well what happened to the Dodgers wasn't good. They get beat up by the Baltimore Orioles twelve to one. Brandon Young gets the win immage shee against the lost Dodgers dropped two or three in the series.
Speaker 4: Good news.
Speaker 2: Though the Diamondbacks lost and the Padres lost, it means the Dodgers still nine games up in the NL West as we sit here on June twenty, first Dodgers get on a plane head into Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: They start a nine game road trip.
Speaker 2: First up three games at Target Field in Minnesota, beginning tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Moron Goo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on deck gets oar cover started at three thirty in the afternoon after Petchro some money.
Speaker 4: First pitch at four forty.
Speaker 2: Eric Lauer, the veteran left hander, will be on the mound again. Happy Father's Day, Have a great save rest of your Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 4: So long, everybody,