Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Well, I finally cornered Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 3: He's got nowhere to go because he's on a machine right now that's given his back some sort of therapy.
Speaker 2: Kyle, thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 4: Thanks for cordering me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know right, you're buckled in. They you can't go anywhere. You're stuck talking to me.
Speaker 4: Oh perfect, right where I want to be.
Speaker 2: So what's this machine doing for your back right now?
Speaker 1: It's just like a PMF machine, just kind of just pulses. So there's like a couple of different like attachments that you can do to it, and a couple got like a couple of guys mostly pictures kind of use it. But it's just kind of like the electromagnetic waves and pulses through you. So I just came came here, sat down for a little.
Speaker 3: Bit to use it, and then I saw you, and then I saw Tommy Edmund doing this yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 1: I mean you just kind of sit down and hang out and let it, let it do his thing.
Speaker 3: How was the bag feeling today? You're not in the starting lineup?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Day to choose not to be in the starting lineup with this rain. But how's the bag feeling.
Speaker 1: It feels better. Kind of locked up yesterday and was kind of tight and sore. Today it's better, so kind of sore and bothers to kind of rotate a little bit, but it's better than yesterday.
Speaker 4: So that's that's good improvement. Kyle.
Speaker 3: Okay, A lot of people have asked you a lot of different questions that I'm not sure I would ask as far as your hitting goes. But I do have specific questions to ask you that nobody's asked. Number One, you're swinging at the first pitch more than you ever have in your career.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 1: I was, I think at the beginning of the season. I mean, it kind of just depends. I mean, if sometimes that's the best pitch you're going to get in that bat, I mean, if they're throwing it in the middle ish part of the zone, like I might as well swing at that, then take that and then have to swing at pitches on the corner. So I just gotta probably do a little bit. Petter jiz it not missing those ones.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts said yesterday, You're a guy that would run counts deep, you know, be very selective.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like if you.
Speaker 3: Get back to doing that and maybe going back to who Kyle Tucker was swinging at the first pitch thirty four percent of the time, that could help you moving forward.
Speaker 4: I mean it just depends.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you get first pitch fastball in the middle, I mean that, like I said, that could be the best pitch that you're gonna see that at bat, So you just take your chances of that, and you know, if they throw something out of the zone, then you can work deeper into accounts. So it kind of just depends on the ad bat and how it goes. I mean, if you have four bats and the first pitch is all you know, fastball or something right down the middle, and you'd see four pitches, like I mean, you at least swung at the ones you wanted to swing at. It just kind of is a matter of fact of putting the barrel to the ball a little bit better and making things happen.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like pitchers are pitching you differently this year because it feels like those first pitches are a lot more spin than they were fastballs in years past.
Speaker 4: I think it just depends.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure teams look at how other team has fitched me and see whatever success that someone's had or what worked. So kind kind of just depends on the pitcher or the catcher, and like the team and their game plan and stuff. So I remember, regardless, I can got to hit it either way.
Speaker 3: All right, here's a right, hey, Miguel Rojas endorsing this interview right now in the rain delay with Kyle Tucker. Okay, so here's another one everybody trying to diagnose. Be Kyle Tucker's number one hitting coach no more. Garciapara did a whole thing on TV about just the way that your stride seems to be more than it has been in years past. Is that something that you're conscious of? Is it something that you're trying to shorten up? What do you say about the stride being too big this year?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure it has, I mean has varied throughout my career. And sometimes I'm taller, sometimes I'm more closed or open. Sometimes it's trives a little bit bigger, shorter.
Speaker 4: Kind of just.
Speaker 1: Depends, and honestly, whatever's feeling right that day or whatever's working at the time, I just kind of ride with it. But this year have kind of been searching for what's worked and trying to make that consistent every single time. So it's kind of just been trying to find something that's working and just try and hold on to it.
Speaker 2: The last day at home, I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for you, Tucker, in front of your locker, and I was told that right after the final out of the game, you went into the cage to work to try to figure out whatever You're trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: Where does that come from?
Speaker 3: And do you believe too many swings can be counterproductive?
Speaker 4: I mean maybe at times. I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean I've hit after the game a couple of times, just trying to figure it out or hoping that something clicks so I go into the next day feeling better. So I mean, I mean hittings that constant, trying to get better. You're never gonna be perfect, but I'm just trying to find something that helps.
Speaker 3: I feel like All Star Break could help you reset, clear your mind, not have to talk to people like David Vass saying come back at Yankee Stadium and be Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, obviously I'd like to not have the time off. They're an ulcer break, because that means you played pretty well in the first half and you get the opportunity to play in the All Star Game. But just kind of most important thing is just trying to play better throughout the year. It gets to the playoffs and really take off from there.
Speaker 3: It feels like your teammates have continued to support you, love on you.
Speaker 2: How much has that meant?
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean this team is full of great talent and great people, So I mean everyone's here to try and one in another world's heeries and get back to the highest point in baseball. So I mean everyone's here to support each other and get better individually and as a group overall.
Speaker 2: All right, Kyle Tucker is our guest. It's a rain delay.
Speaker 3: He's in the chair that he can't move front for his back. So we're gonna find out about Kyle Tucker here. And he's such an introvert. We don't know a lot about you, but you told me that you love to travel, and you've actually been to countries like Italy.
Speaker 2: And you've been to Florence. You've been to Rome.
Speaker 3: So are you a guy that is inquisitive you want to know about history or do you want to just see and taste all the great food in Europe?
Speaker 4: More of the latter.
Speaker 1: I mean history is such school, It's not like my number one thing. But I like going around, like especially the off season. You don't have that much much of an off season, so you just try and take advantage of it, like going some vacations, traveling around and seeing some places I haven't been to, So probably do some more of that this next offseason, you know, later on. But I'm in school, I try and find different things I've never tried before, seen before, and do my research on the stuff.
Speaker 3: How adventurous were you as far as eating in Europe?
Speaker 2: Would you go? Squid? How far will Kyle Tucker go?
Speaker 3: As far as the delicacies of European life?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll try majority of things. If it's like too weird or just not up my alley, I'm out. But I mean you can know is just find some places that are you know, you can find all over the place, all over the world, and like the safe the safe go tos. But I'm always up to trying different restaurants. And different foods and stuff.
Speaker 3: What was the best part of your trip to Rome? If you're trying to give us a scatting report on Rome. Was it the Colisseum? Was it just seeing the Vatican? Seeing the people? What was it about Rome that people hyped up that the Tuckers loved.
Speaker 1: I mean we stayed at a place like kind of near a bunch of other attractions, so we were able to walk around the streets and kind of just not have like a set like timeframe or like excursion or anything. We just kind of walked around dinner own thing for a couple of days, and then to ended up doing a tour of Vatican City and going or the church and everything. So, I mean, the place is massive. I've never been there before other than that one time, so it's pretty impressive. So we did a tour through there one day and kind of just going around seeing the city, trying and find some cool restaurants and stuff and or like scenes to go check out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was nightlife like in Rome? Was there any night life for you and and your wife?
Speaker 1: We weren't going out and like partying in the clubs out in Rome.
Speaker 2: You didn't they call him disco text Tucker.
Speaker 1: And we weren't going to the disco text, but we just had We had a good time.
Speaker 4: It was fun, all right.
Speaker 3: So Vatican City, were you there when Pope Leo was the pope or was it still in between popes? Because Pope Leo big baseball fan, big White Sox fan, he might know who Kyle Tucker is.
Speaker 1: I mean we went at the very end of twenty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think he was there yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean it was cool just to go check out the places. I mean, we try and try and go over there whenever we can or find enough time. I know, we got a you know, three and a half month old now, so it's definitely gonna make it a little tough for traveling around. We try and do it before like the tough stages kind of really start kicking in. We don't have enough time to go over and do things. So we're hopefully trying to go over there again soon.
Speaker 2: Kyle Tucker is a big golfer.
Speaker 3: Have you gone over there and golfed in Scotland or Ireland yet?
Speaker 1: I haven't played golf over there yet. My family and I went over there like years ago, maybe like eight ten years ago or something, we ended up going to place in Scotland and it was pouring rain and we were staying out, like I guess it was like a golfer's order something. But was looking outside and it was pouring rain, and I see people like walking the course and I was like that it kind of looks miserable. But I guess it's relatively normal over there with the weather and people loving to go play golf, and that might be your only opportunity to play that course in such a just place, So I get it. But I mean, if it's pouring and lightning and thought it like, I'm I'm I'm good to go inside.
Speaker 4: My round's probably over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. At least we agree on that, Tucker. We agree on a lot.
Speaker 3: Maybe you and me will go on to European vacation this offseason. You could say you're bringing your wife, I'm bringing my wife and kids, and you know, we could we could have a wingman for each other there.
Speaker 2: I'm going in November, Tucker. Maybe you want to plan that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, perfect, we might cross paths.
Speaker 2: Do I like that? I like that.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are giving us weird looks walking by this chat I mean, has nobody ever seen a guy getting some back therapy and doing an interview.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It might be first time a right, love.
Speaker 2: It, hey, Vessi, he's a big Vassa fan. Don't let him fool you right there, Tucker Dave.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that you're doing this interview while you're on Tucker's back right now.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. Man, let him rest, okay. I feel like I'm great therapy for his back. Vessia, No way, no.
Speaker 4: Way, absolutely not. Please let the man rest.
Speaker 2: Okay. You've never seen him smile this big since he got here. Since.
Speaker 4: That's a lie, That is an absolute lie.
Speaker 1: I've seen talk smile many times, actually many.
Speaker 4: That helps with the smiling for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Evaluate the beard. You think the beard there's like a bird nesting in the beard, Tucker.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's definitely getting getting a little long and scruffy right now.
Speaker 2: Multiple people talk about me shaving it, cutting it.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna do it. All right.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Defining mesia, defiant mesia right there, Tucker. See you didn't get this in Houston or Chicago.
Speaker 1: Tucker, you're You're definitely one of the con.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time. Great to share you with Dodger fans. It's not all about baseball. Tucker's a well rounded man right here. Hope the bag feels better and I feel like, definitely this is gonna help you get ready for San Diego. Here's my recommendation. I know the trainers around here can appreciate this. Take it easy, we'll see you so we'll see you Friday in San Diego.
Speaker 4: Awesome, sounds good. Thanks