Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand of the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio App.
Speaker 3: I don't talk about things, sir, I talk about the meaning of things.
Speaker 4: Go on the Yukes, Petros Money A five seven LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio App. Documents when they're opener. Yesterday we were out at Dodger Stadium. It was glorious tonight Ring Night, so be sure to tune in to Dodgers on Deck at two pm for all of the festivities. Tim Kates will carry you up the first pitch with Emachian just after seven pm. David Vesa will join us at about an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: David Vasse perhaps maybe having Clayton Kershaw on Ring Night as his pregame guest will have to wait freaking huge. Tim Kates's show, Kershaw did a hell of a job, I thought last night, as many others did so good so producers shows, I have Baseball everybody was timk Kate's really kicked the ninety minutes pregame's ass him and Colin ye his words the word of the day. Today's word of the day is sign Many. One of the best receivers, actually the best wide receiver in the transfer portal last year, was a Detroit legend and a big baller, an All American his freshman year. Took a step back of sophomore year. So to the whole team at Michigan State, Nick Marsh and obviously Jonathan Smith, our friend Dodger fan fired at Michigan State, Nick Marsh hurled into the transfer portal. Where does he go? Well, he's the number one guy and who's got money? Indiana? Who's the defending champs Indiana. So Nick Marsh, a big, swollen, fast wide receiver out of Detroit, ends up in Indiana. But he shows up for the first day in pads and spring football in gold cleats, different from the rest of the team. And Kurt Signetti threw down his Carlton, because Carlton is the lowest, put out his cigarette and walked over and ripped Nick Marsh's ass. Here is the post game presser or the post practice press conference.
Speaker 5: I love us Golchoosie came out in today. He learned that getting your ass it's all about. I don't know if that happened in Very Michigan State. That was before practice started, that it was a wicker parl. No, he's really worked hard.
Speaker 6: He's done great.
Speaker 3: Joe's worked hard. Ring the alarm, bring me alarm. I like, hey, I don't like the shape of those gold shoes you wore.
Speaker 5: I love us gold Cheesy came out in the Yeah, I don't like that you learned getting your ass ripped solved out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gonna learn Nick Marsh learn from Signetti how to get that ass ripped.
Speaker 6: I love us goold Choose. He came out in the day. He learned that getting your ass ripped all out.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's nice. You're laughing.
Speaker 4: I don't think I ever want to learn about my ass getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he learned about getting a realize ripping.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that happened to Very off Michigan State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one ever ripped his ass, never got your ass ripped, never got your your flesh torn in the ass in Michigan State's all bright and love us goold choose. He came out here. I like them at all.
Speaker 6: He learned getting your ass room.
Speaker 3: It's all out. Yeah, yeah, learn what you get your ass? Reded is right?
Speaker 7: You like that?
Speaker 3: Never rip that ass, Rip that ass right now.
Speaker 4: Those gold shoes must mean you want your ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looked at hey, cheesy.
Speaker 6: Came out in like that. You learn getting your ass roots?
Speaker 3: What's up with those shoes?
Speaker 8: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Coach? Come on here.
Speaker 9: Here's my number.
Speaker 3: Number of the day.
Speaker 4: Number of the day is three, well, actually four. I don't know what the hell is happening. It's end of world days here in southern California. You've shared reports on bears. We've talked about rattlesnake Sadly woman lost her life to a rattlesnake bite. We've had pets lose their lives to rattlesnakes. They're rampant and just running rough shot all over southern California. Yesterday you had a shark an eight foot great white circle in a surfer in the water out at Newport. And now perhaps the most terrifying of all of nature, coming after the human race in the San Gabriel Valley, I biting flies have descended upon the area Azusa de Warte, the foothill communities Glendora and Rovia s Madre, Alta Dina.
Speaker 3: Never has it been more important to wear your Oakley.
Speaker 4: Wrapparo or those andre ries. Oh, the ones that come over the top, Yeah, come over the top of your head. Let's check in with Rachel menetav from KTLA.
Speaker 10: Your faces at all, Megan Kirk, They are a total nuisance and I've just been swatting my face all morning in anticipation. They're teeny tiny flies. They're smaller than a mosquito, but their bites are more painful than a mosquito bite. And as you said, they go for your face, your eyes, your mouth, your neck, your chest. And people in this Azusa neighborhood are concerned about their kids, their pets spending too much time outside because some have actually come home with these really painful welts. So you already have mosquitoes, and now you have these flies that bite just like mosquitoes.
Speaker 5: Yes, but rapid rate.
Speaker 1: There's so many.
Speaker 9: You step in the grass in the evening and fifteen pop out and you just you can't water the grass here without getting bit, even with being well covered and sprayed.
Speaker 10: These biting black flies thrive and breed in running water like the San Gabriel River. Then they start popping up in nearby foothill communities like Altadina Zusa, Dwarte, Glendora, Monrovia, and Sierra Modreal Valle. Vector Control says last year at this time they were seeing black fly populations in the single digits, but this year they're seeing populations in the hundreds and much earlier than expected.
Speaker 4: Thank you Rachel bang Up reporting out there in Duarte. Beware of ie biding flies. They say that insect repellent containing deet will help ward them off. I don't know if you can spray the deep insect repellent on your eyeballs since the title is eye biding flies, but perhaps if you get it in the general vicinity, the black flies will be repelled.
Speaker 3: Why they're got to be black, That's what I was.
Speaker 4: Thinking too, because I mean I'm looking at the photo and I see some yellow.
Speaker 3: Of course you're going to be attacked by a blackfly. Not cool man, right, I wouldn't expect that from any of the other flies. But these black flies they have, you know, part of their culture is violence.
Speaker 4: And I'm just thinking if Rachel had popped out there, not in a sleeveless button down uh, you know, unbuttoned, probably to like her Sternham there with her face out, I would have sent her out there, you know, face come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the rigling the diingerbell, dinner bell for the for the black flies, right like, that's like you might as well for the July You might as well ring the dinner bell, right. Beware those black flies could do some sweet dancing though, Oh where I want you? Oh, they could pull like a whole troop. They have the most rhythm of any flies.
Speaker 7: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 11: You also might find one in your chardinay if you're oh not too careful. New Orders an English band from Salford, Manchester, with our song of the day called Ceremony, A great tune to spin on a Frogman Friday, where the Petros and Money show fulfills the weekly quota with three hours of great sports talk before Dodger Baseball takes over your radio frequency, celebrating opening weekend at unic Low Field at Dodger Stadium, beginning with the World Series ring ceremony taking place tonight or later on this afternoon before Game two of three with the Arizona Diamondbacks and our friend Tim Cats will start things off with your Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck program. It's coming up at six o'clock.
Speaker 4: Thank you running.
Speaker 3: You know what's coming up next? David Mass a mass is going to talk about the Dodgers and how beloved is at Dodger Stadium. And now he was right, that's right. I had that off Bine. Now I'm about that scoring by eight runs. Oh yeah, he called it. Now, Matt, we put your Dodger ball washing in the five o'clock hour. I Bessay is going to wash him up at miss.
Speaker 4: Prime time prime Time ball washing tubby.
Speaker 9: Yes to.
Speaker 3: Game sales story.
Speaker 6: Quick Shove.
Speaker 12: Time.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadacres that Money Smith. This is Petro Send Money on demand Petros.
Speaker 4: Money five seventy eight Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We are your home of the back to back World Series champion and currently undefeated Los Angeles Dodgers. Game two of the twenty twenty sixth season will take place tonight just at or seven PM. A man who was there for all of it last night will be there again tonight.
Speaker 1: P It's our nice Gus, the home of the Dodgers, with an inside look at the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: This is the Vass Report with David Vasse. David Vasse. If the Dodgers are the Muppet Show, he's Kermit the Frog, counseling everybody moving about. One of the most important people at Chavezrafine last night, our own David Vasse, and he said the Dodgers are gonna score eight. And they scored eight. Unbelievable, unbelievable clairvoyance. Lots of texts about that, almost as many about that as Tiger reaching for his pills. Unfortunately foist pills for relief. David Vasse is our Dodger reporter, Spectrum Sports Dot MLB network, the one and only from Woodland Hills to unincorporated Polk Park, Agora area. It is David Messe, our friend on a southern California Toyota celebrity hotline. Hello, Dave, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? I guess better than Tiger Woods these days.
Speaker 4: No, No, he's rich and full relief.
Speaker 3: He was just arrested. The mugshot is incoming. But Dave were aware.
Speaker 2: We're aware, Petros, this happened right in your backyard. You could have done a better job of counseling him in the last letting him know how to handle things and handle life better.
Speaker 3: Cigarettes and coffee and AA meetings. Tiger, that's what you read. Tell us, Dave, you said eight runs and you were damn right about it. Were you able to sleep last night? You couldn't sleep on your stomach. I bet because you're a huge boner for yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, Petros, keep it above the waist here, jeez, jeez.
Speaker 4: Planeapples were hard, all right, keep it above the waist. It would make it hard to man.
Speaker 2: Look and I would inspect something similar to last night. This is just a different weight class that the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are in right now, especially with the Diamondbacks pitcher Tonight Ryan Nelson and the fact that the Diamondbacks don't even have a left handed reliever in their bullpen. How do you construct the team in the same division with the Dodgers and not prioritize having at least two lefties to be able to bring out of the bullpen to face these guys.
Speaker 4: Dave, I would assume I'm guessing, but maybe I'm wrong. Last night, if you could have put your thumb on one player that you would love to see hit a home run, it would be Pahz. After the four for fifty one stretch in the postseason, what did you see from his at bats? How big was that for him to immediately start the season like that as opposed to continuing to have to answer questions about offense that goes along with his splendid defense.
Speaker 2: No, that was a big confidence booster for him. Look the four for fifty one in the postseason, it was just a product of him getting exposed to postseason pitching for the first time, trying to do too much, only drying one walk. And he lived with that during the off season because he knew he had to get better and he's put in a lot of work to try to be more disciplined at the plate. But you're never going to take away his aggressiveness and you know, to a certain extent, his free swinging approach, and that's the reason why he's hitting eighth and not hitting ninth. You want the guy hitting behind him being able to turn that lineup over. And that's why Max Munsey is so important where he hits in the lineup, because Will Smith swings the first pitches at times. Ta Oscar Hernandez certainly has an expanded strike zone at times, and that's why Munsey. There was a there's a stretch in the lineup yesterday where Monthsy took a seven or eight pitch walk after Smith and Taoscar Hernandez swung early in the counts. And you know that's the function of money seeing that part of the order, especially with Pahz behind him.
Speaker 3: The one and only David Vasse is our guest. Dave Clayton. Kershaw was a star last night, and I guess we didn't know that he was going to be sitting by the dugout, but I guess we should have seen that coming.
Speaker 2: No, he did not see that coming, and nor should we have expected that. It's one thing to make your broadcasting debut, it's another to make it right next to the dugout where you spent your nineteen years. And he just won two World Series championships. With the players to your left so I'm going to see him today. He may join us today on the pregame show, and I'm going to ask him how comfortable or uncomfortable he was in the beginning part of yesterday's broadcast being that close. But I thought he was a natural. I mean, Money even texts me during the game. It's like this guy, he has command of the subject he's talking about. He knows how to express himself, and he didn't seem nervous at all. He was supernatural because he's very confident with himself. And that's why it came across as well as it did on the broadcast. And I guess we do have to give oral Herscheizer some credit here because, as you like to say, Petros, he was a very inclusive teammate and brought him in in certain situations and tried to pull things out of him. Where you know a guy that hasn't broadcasted games to how and why wasn't there one hundred percent of the times? And when it wasn't oral Herscheizer, you know, brought him in. It's hard when you got the booth and then you got some rando on the field or right next to the dugout. I know how it feels sometimes you're forgotten about.
Speaker 4: Phasing out, the phasing you out, John, They're phasing it out. It was just just continuing with Kershaw Dave, because I think we we kind of have you know, and unfortunately we're talking about Tiger today for a Dewey. But you know what happened with Tiger when he got much more friendly with the media toward the end of his career. Same with Kobe, who was much more of a relaxed and friendly with the media toward the end of his career. You got to be with Clayton for over a decade. Was he always like this when you would talk about baseball or was there a bit of a shift in him?
Speaker 2: There definitely was a shift in him. I would say after he had his first kid, he softened up a little bit. And I would say that you have to put in a lot of time and gain some credibility with him to be around him more than just two or three And for him, it's three or four years to really start to get some insight that he's sharing now on television. But going back to Tiger Woods, I feel like his life has really spiraled ever since he was nice to you guys, and you guys were just like little puppy dogs at his altar a few years ago. Ever since then, it's been different for Tiger Woods. And but honestly, I feel like you guys have been exposed.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say, Dave aphot if you learned to be a sicker fan from somebody. It was our inn with Tiger Woods that made it happen. We did get up in his house, but he had a lot of problems.
Speaker 7: Villa.
Speaker 3: He had a lot of problems before that. Okay. In fact, after he talked to us, he won the Masters. We gave him a boost, but we weren't able to hold on because he never came back. If he could come back, things would be different for Tiger Woods.
Speaker 4: I believe that I win the British tomorrow.
Speaker 3: He would have Uh, Dave, why does Otani need protection?
Speaker 2: We got hit on the hand yesterday, and I forgot who else Scott hit yesterday. Mukie Betscott hit on the upper shoulders. So the Diamondbacks were not trying to hit those guys intentionally. But the reality is they're coming inside with no regard about whether or not they hit these two players, and in particular, Otawi, You've got to be able to protect your players, and I feel like this may be somewhat of something to.
Speaker 3: Keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: If teams are are feeling like they have nowhere to turn and nowhere to pitch, they're going to come inside on some of these really good Dodger hitters, in particular Otani, and you can't just allow them to pitch and side with no repercussions. Speaking of Kershaw, I remember back in twenty thirteen when Joe Kelly broke Handley Ramirez's ribs. Nobody retaliated during that NLCS, and in fact, it took the Cardinals hitting a couple of more Dodger players in the regular season of twenty fourteen before Kershaw, of all people who never retaliated actually plunk Man Holiday between the numbers. Finally, So if you allow this to fester and continue to happen, more teams are going to feel like they have the freedom to pitch inside and if they hit Otani or Mookie Bets or Freddie Freeman, so be it. So at some point somebody on this staff has got to be able to take some names and really pay back some of these teams if they're going to continue to pitch inside with no regard.
Speaker 4: I know you probably don't want to do it in a high leverage situation, but I don't know. Maybe maybe nominate Will Kleine with a nice ninety nine mile an hour fastball between.
Speaker 2: How about tonight?
Speaker 3: There you go?
Speaker 4: How about Amshian tonight? But to will Climb Dave into The first three relievers that we saw at the twenty twenty six season start from Trining Decline to Tanner Scott could not have gone much better, especially when the eighth and ninth innings are a combined seventeen pitches? What did you see from those two? Are we just going to see Vessia tonight? And I can't think of who else? It would be Rableski? I think they would say from Monday, but maybe put Edwin Diaz out there, Like what do you think we're going to see from from the bullpen?
Speaker 13: Is?
Speaker 4: Early on here we try to figure out who goes where.
Speaker 2: Now it's gonna be game dictated. You don't bring in guys like Vessia who you're gonna use a lot this year. I thought it was good last night in that type of game situation. You got Blake Trining in there, and you've got Tanner Scott in there in low leverage situations to be able to retire the side in order. Tryina was helped out by a great catch by Pajez to rob Gabrielle Moreno to start that inning, and after that it seemed like he relaxed. And you know, I was talking to a few of the Dodger front office people yesterday and they were telling me they saw the characteristics of Tanner Scott's slider and spring training and it looked like the Tanner Scott that they signed. And last night, I think you heard Oral Herscheizer say it on the broadcast as well, that that slider looked like the Tanner Scott slider. So those two guys went back to the dugout with some confidence after a rocky end to their spring training, which was huge. But you're going to see Edwin Diaz or Alex Vessio when it matters the most in a one two run type of game. And look, Dave Roberts may get him in to get some work when it's like a ten to three game in the eighth inning tonight, but that would just be to knock off some of the rust.
Speaker 3: David Vasse, he's the best of the Hey, how come the Dbacks don't have any lefties in their bullpend Dave? Did they forget to bring him? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Right, I know.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how you could build a team in the NL West with the Dodgers and not go out and trade or sign for a really good, high leverage lefty or serviceable left handed reliever to face the Dodgers, who you know you're facing right away to start the year.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a little bit of malpractice in my opinion. And Mike Cason is a pretty good GM.
Speaker 3: That might be why somebody knew that an eighth spot was going to be put up.
Speaker 2: All right, might be a ten spot tonight.
Speaker 3: Hello, whoa call the shot? Ten spot? You heard him? Did you hear him? He said it?
Speaker 6: He did it again?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Dave. Have a great night in the over you two guys, there, he goes. David Vasse are one and only Dodger reporter. Will be right back on this frog Man Friday on ampire seventy LA Sports. It's ring night for Dodger Baseball and coming up next you guessed it. The lessons learned in great sports talk and it was a great week. Tim Kats really producing his ass on. A lot of hustle on the floor.
Speaker 4: This is Petros Money on Demand, True Some Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Got Dodgers Diamond back second of the three game series tonight from the galpin Ford Broadcast Center, first pitch at seven to ten PMM at Shean on the Mound Tonight, Dodgers on deck at six pm and you get all of your back to back World Series champion Dodger broadcast goodies right here on your home with the Dodgers all season long. A tremendous opener yesterday and ring night is tonight. Be part of that big celebration with the great Tim Katson company during the pregame and Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: Time for the lessons learned in Great sports Talk. As I guess he's delivered a really sick burns no concerns the sense. The lessons learned in Great sports Talk brought to you by Doge Malvolio Smith of Seal Beach and h Tim Kaits Senor Kates, everybody's favorite slightly creepy nineteen ninety style Spanish teacher lesson what Alexion Let's on. Hey, Hey, I don't want to play Yukon anymore. It's a personal attack against me. That's what the Syracuse women's coach said.
Speaker 8: I thought deserved a little more respect after being in his business for thirty seven years, and to have to come and be in this particular bracket every freaking year, faking it is unacceptable.
Speaker 3: It's wrong.
Speaker 8: It's somebody. And if you're on the committee and you've been around for more than a year or two or five to ten and fifteen years, you understand what that looks like. I been on that those committees to see how it's done, how you can put people on different lines, put us on a tiat of ten line, give whatever. But for us to continue to come to Connecticut year after year after year is to me, it's a personal attack.
Speaker 3: I take that as a personal offense to me. Personal offense to me, personal offense to me. I don't want to play Gino's team anymore. Lesson too, Lexion dos.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Gino played North Carolina today?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Lesson two? Is Mark Gubaza talking about old fishhead trout and Matt greased him up pretty good? Now when Goolby's not on, we say things like Trout don't want to go play in Philly because he just want to run it on and out on the fly ball to first base and fly ball it's carrying in the left field. But when Goobi's on, we try to grease up that fish and get it ready for frying.
Speaker 14: Seven or eight games of the season. Last year, after he hit his four hundred career home run, he found his swing. And then now he's back in centerfield where I think he's most.
Speaker 9: Comfortable being at it in center field.
Speaker 14: And I know they moved him over to a corner outfield position to take a little bit off his body, but he feels he's better suited for the game itself mentally and physically in center field. And you know, he had a nice game yesterday at a couple of hits going on the right field, one left field. I feel he's going to have one of those seasons you always feel a great player has at least one tremendous run in him still, and I think he's got that in him right now. And you know, I talked to a lot of people. I mean, we all know where the All Star Game is this year, it's in Philadelphia. I mean, it was better way for Troudy to put it all together and go to and represent the Angels in the All Star Game too in Philadelphia this year. So I think it's gonna be a especially here for Trout the.
Speaker 3: Season lesson three, from getting flated by the Fish to get nailed by the King. Here's James Worthy on Lebron.
Speaker 7: He's accepted a new role, a role that he's unfamiliar with, a role that he's seen being the point guy with the ball. He's seen those roles, and I think it's one of the biggest, you know, you know, the biggest things he's done in his career is to accept this role that he's playing now. And I think he's he's playing that you know, that dunker's corner. He's playing the wing. He's playing bulletyball with just posting up people. Just if you don't double team him, he's gonna he's going to create the contact.
Speaker 9: And I think he likes it. I think he realizes that, hey, I don't have to handle the ball all the time. I don't have to create. I got Luca and Austen. Let me, you know, uh, let me draw from the well, from another perspective.
Speaker 3: Salient points.
Speaker 4: Olympic games lesson full lesion quatro that's in a quatro c.
Speaker 3: On the stress of coaching.
Speaker 12: During your season January February, especially when you get into February, you have to start evaluating your players and figuring out who you want to retain, what your budget's going to be, because when it ends, it ends quick. And uh every player has an agent. Uh, every player has a number, and you have to, like, you have to detach yourself from what college basketball used to be. Hey, you weren't you didn't know how to practice. You were uh, you weren't very tough. You had no idea deal what you're doing. And I spent two years developing you, and now you're going to leave, you know, but that's just the way it is nowadays. So like you had like that's going to happen to you. You know, Hey, look it happened with a dye Mars. So you know, it becomes a business. You just literally, you know, we have two guys and ore that work nothing but the front office angle, preparing for this time and still adding to that, and then I have to be in charge of it. So you can't take it personal like, so the minute we got back, I have to change hats and run the program. Uh from an acquisition and retention standpoint. And there's numbers attached to it. You know, we all have realities of how much money we you know, we're going to be able to spend, and some people have five million more. That's why I mentioned it, so in particular the team we lost to, So that wasn't a coincidence or number I grabbed out of the air. So that's what I'm up to now, my friend. And you look, if you don't like it. Retired Jay Wright said, I don't want to do it. He retired. You know, I don't want to retire. I love being the coach at UCLA. So, uh, fundraising and figuring all this out is what we're on to now. And it's just, you know, it's eight am to eight pm on the phone every day.
Speaker 3: Mick Cronin a real hero, even though he went on with Colin Cowhert today. Lesson five, lexionn Sinko, Hey poachers, let's dose Malvolio. Feel it very comfortable back there? Yeah? Lesson six, Dave Roberts, Dodger Skipper and hero to what's all he's on Otawi being why are you so grit? You're so grit and your grit and o'toni, well are you a great?
Speaker 13: It doesn't because there are certain people athletes that when you see.
Speaker 3: Him, they have a presence.
Speaker 13: And you know, obviously Magic had Kobe had it, Tiger had it, and Show Hey has it. And so when you see Show Hey, that never wears off gets old. Obviously. You know, I've seen people when they see him get on deck, they start crying. And so people come from Japan to watch this guy play and perform, and then all of that, he still takes his day with the utmost amount of humility, which is pretty special.
Speaker 3: What a time, What a great week, great job by Tim Kates, our own Ronnie Fossio. We even got some help and fully functional employee at him yesterday.
Speaker 13: On the board.
Speaker 3: But thank you for listening. We are not even close to being done. We've got quick hits, fun fact, a top story of the day, some Dodger washing, you're dead and alive, and then we'll get you to the pregame show for Ring Night with Tim Kates. Kind of ironic, right, Ring Night with Tim Kath