Speaker 1: It's eight o'clock and that means let's go. We have a keyword. The fan is your chance to win twenty five one hundred dollars. Just enter the keyword trip at KFA dot com.
Speaker 2: Now that's keyword trip.
Speaker 1: Enter it now at KFA n dot com.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it too.
Speaker 4: There's an article that I read in the Espire magazine that I think is interesting about urinals.
Speaker 2: You have my attention. Go on.
Speaker 4: It's the ice really that tells you what a trough urinal is playing at. Here's a project. You are compelled to melt the ice. You have a tool at hand. Well written, but I know right, but no one man could melt all that ice, or could they? This is a job for several men, shoulder to shoulder. A trough journal is an invitation to set aside pride, to set aside shame, to submit without judgment to a common task born out of one of the few universal human experiences that can never be obliberate, obliterated by norm or law or policy, or money or class or raw ravenous power.
Speaker 3: For the next three paragraphs for.
Speaker 4: Esquire Magazine and their board of editors go on to talk about the loss of the the trough urinal at stadiums as a comment on the loss of human contact and human shared experience. Are they But it's a brilliant article. But it makes a lot of sense. And I know it's an uncomfortable situation, but first of all, we don't put ourselves in enough uncomfortable situations anymore. And second of all, the point of the lack of community is so true.
Speaker 2: Right, But if I'm going to think of like, man, we're really starting not to feel community anymore because of social media and our addiction to our phones. I think the one way we can do that is all whip our dongs out and be next to each other. That's what we're missing. That's the smallest, smallest possible example of lack of community. Because I thought you were going to maybe argue the other way, because I don't want to necessarily say the place. But there, you know what, Marnie, you're not gonna understand this. Sometimes urinals have dividers in between the urinals, right, Sometimes they don't at all. It's just a line of urinals, which is the closest thing to a trough possible because there's just there's no privacy. But most places now have a divi in between journals. I find it funny when you either have ones that are nine feet deep where you're basically entering the starting date and there's no chance that anybody can see over the wall. It's it's kind of it's almost privacy. You're almost in a stall. Then there's the like there's a couple of gas stations that have they have like dividers the size of this remote and it's like, why even put it there?
Speaker 5: Yeh, that's not over it.
Speaker 2: That's not blocking anything I understand there's supposed to be. So that's the closest thing where we are to a trough in twenty twenty six is the the non divider dividers. They're fake dividers. Obviously up a wall, or don't.
Speaker 4: I've obviously hit on a So I would like to read some more of this article then keep going, because this is fascinating and there's more to it than just this.
Speaker 5: Well, good Marns. Yeah, I'm fascinating.
Speaker 2: You need to know about troughs. Yeah, the Metrodome was an experience what he.
Speaker 4: Was, and that's part of the point here we go. The ice, by the way, is to help with the odor did you know that.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 5: They didn't know there was ice.
Speaker 3: They put ice in it.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was just to keep us aiming into the toilet and over the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is, yeas. I just wow, those are the good. Yeah, wherever you want?
Speaker 5: Are you taking like cubes like you would see in a drink?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? They take big buckets up in.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that, you know when you know, when you go to canes and there's like the little cube dice in the bottom of just imagine pouring canes lemonade all over the top of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean that so are they is somebody coming in with a bucket every half an hour?
Speaker 3: Not quite yeah.
Speaker 2: But somebody is adding the ice. They're urine on the rocks.
Speaker 3: You guys, don't they don't put the Who doesn't I guess?
Speaker 5: I guess we don't have ice in the toilets in the women's bathroom.
Speaker 1: It's actually it's kind of like an iceberg in away, but it's more of like a Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: That's a callback, that's like a comedian thing that's really well done. Sheer efficiency once made the trophy standard at large venues. Half of Chicagoland could take a leak at Wrigular Field between the first and last bars to take me out to the ball game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those were like circle shaped right like you faced each other. There were those, but there were more, just straight line across the back wall.
Speaker 4: At the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you'd rarely miss a screaming lap. In both places, renovations sought to eliminate the troughs, but fans demanded they remain.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you before you continue? Can I tell you the one thing that I don't miss at all about the troughs? Right right now? If you walk into a bathroom and the lines out the door you have to wait for eight you're an aristalled open, right, and then one person goes per stall or per urinal.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, the amount of space in between two people peen was completely subjective to the psycho who was next in line, because if that person was like, that's enough, space would literally be shoulder to shoulder. And I'm like, I don't mind peeing at a trough, but I don't want you touching me when i'm peen.
Speaker 3: I like those old hands, Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes he would literally be a guy kind of like, get the hell out of here. Especially, Oh my god, so you got drunk, fat guy? Je just no hands in.
Speaker 3: It, right, yeah, hands on hips.
Speaker 2: And you're like, buddy, I'm twelve. I shouldn't be peen next to you. Yeah this feels predatorious. Yes, it does. Most fan raise all the time.
Speaker 3: God, most fan bases have not been so lucky.
Speaker 4: They're giving up something more than efficiency while you hit the head at halftime. In the Ralph, the late Great home stadium of the Buffalo Bills, the Troughs close quarters made it not unusual to hear game breaking analysis from a Kurt Terry, Michael Howie and a Rob Arranged, just like on the Fox NFL Sunday set. As much as anything on the field, it was a reminder that a sporting event is a group exercise that bonds friends and strangers alike, regardless of whether they're Buffalo is industrial or post industrial, whether their bill is Simpson Smith, Kelly, Thomas Rallen. This season, the team will play in a two billion dollars stadium across the street from the Ralph, whose idea of luxury, like far too many things these days, is stratification and isolation. It possesses no fewer than three exclusive clubs and is larded with the pale horse of live sports.
Speaker 2: But this is such a stretch. You can bond together in the stands cheering for the team.
Speaker 6: You have to look at each other's wieners to be fans.
Speaker 2: Of the team.
Speaker 6: Don't look straight out rule number one, two and three always looks straight Yeah, I think we understand.
Speaker 2: Doesn't like drafts.
Speaker 4: Remember what Star used to sing, I just say, he didn't say I'm a wheel watcher, said another word, and even sing it every time.
Speaker 2: You want to yep, Sauce. Do you remember you and I sat relatively close for the miracle right at the US Bank Stadium. But that's my point, is like that moment, like we all stood up and we couldn't believe what we were seeing. And I just remember thinking, God, I wish there was a stranger peen shouldered or shoulder with you right now. How to make this moment solidified in my brain for the rest of time, I needed to hear and smell a stranger's urine. Yo, sure, yeah, you smell ice? Yeah, the ice man.
Speaker 5: Mine a couple of questions here before you continue on the please what percentage of the urinal or trough users abide by the thou shalt not peak.
Speaker 2: It's probably, I'd say it's maybe. Yeah, you get a drunk.
Speaker 4: Guy, and sometimes you get nice way, sometimes.
Speaker 2: A man that's a really nice watch. I would argue even intalls, even installs now urinal stalls, I should say urinals. I would argue, even with the dividers, the rule is still look straight ahead. Yeah, because even though there's a divider, if you have a guy, if you can see out of the corner your eye that somebody's looking left, you're like, what is your deal? They don't look at my dog. There's an ad in front of you or something. Just read the ad and we'll call it a day. Just look straight ahead. Yeah, for yourself. Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 4: I remember standing beside sauce the trough when that guy said the lages from down the hall.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is, I would say, the people who are who are looking, I think you'd be surprised at the percentage on the sexual orientation side.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: You don't think it's a you don't think it's a sexual thing. I think it's more of a comparison.
Speaker 2: Killed the cat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I've pee beside people that I was very curious about.
Speaker 2: Named two of them.
Speaker 5: Like a tall, muscular like is everything.
Speaker 3: You're like, bird's got everything? Does he have that too? Yep?
Speaker 2: Did he melt the ice?
Speaker 5: My stalls?
Speaker 2: Splash?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 5: That leads me to another question? And I am truly not trying to be it's gross or invasive. I have never seen a trough or experienced this. So what is the splash?
Speaker 3: That's the most paragraph? Literally, that's the next paragraph.
Speaker 5: Is it bad?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, just check this out.
Speaker 4: Some say, good rittens, the trough is hygienic. I just remember that once. Okay, I'm sorry, I'm gonna use the word, but ladies and gentlemen, it's cool.
Speaker 3: Just remember that once we pissed.
Speaker 4: Into the fertile dirt that grew our food, into the rivers we'd later used to wash and to drink, We'd pissed wherever we stood.
Speaker 2: Great term piss.
Speaker 4: Unless we oversell the virtues of hygiene. Let us remember doctor David Strucken, who in nineteen eighty nine formulated what we now call the hygiene hypothesis. A century of quote improvements in household amenities and higher standards of personal cleanliness had been preventing people from getting the childhood infections they conferred adult immunity. By being clean, we became sick. Of course, our sickness is not merely physical. I assume that it's a psychological thing. Gray Yule, a philosopher, a philosopher of plumbing, said he designed toilets for American standard. He told the Chicago Tribune in twenty thirteen, appraising the fate of regulars trops. Younger generations are less comfortable pissing in legions.
Speaker 2: Well because they understand it's psychioty. I can't believe we ever did it.
Speaker 4: But the more open we've become as a society, the more exposed we are in the media, the more modest we've become in our personal lives. Since we crawled out of the swamps and pushed ourselves shakily to our feet, we've been on a journey to master our primal urges. But it is possible to go too far, and in our present decadence, we have done it.
Speaker 3: It is said that good.
Speaker 4: Fences make good neighbors and prevent backsplash. That way lies anger, resentment, polarization, demagogay it is this is insane. It is a short short distance between separate urinals and the complete erasure of another.
Speaker 2: Man's humanity's being sarcastic.
Speaker 4: We've become substentially cold to one another. We ought to start melting the ice joking. I like the point stretch, but I like the point beautiful.
Speaker 3: See. That's why I read magazines.
Speaker 4: But that's also why I prefer one page articles in magazines.
Speaker 3: Don't give me ten pages. I can't. I got time. Continued, ever, go to page eighty seven.
Speaker 6: I never do you get to the nudes and move on nudes.
Speaker 2: That exact article, the equivalent on Twitter in twenty twenty six, somebody would have posted like I missed peeing next to dudes would have been the entire quote article.
Speaker 5: We would have missed all of these.
Speaker 6: Great on Thursday, great words, well written, Yeah, clever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was very close to gigantic stretch.
Speaker 3: I think well.
Speaker 1: I believe Mary Ucci still has troughs. I used it last year, and it's a it's it's a throwback, doesn't, it's a walk off, doesn't. Frank Casino, No, no, gosh, no, they've got they've had the individual you're in those sense oh two thousand, Yeah, they've never.
Speaker 3: Had and every year level. Yeah, man, I would to bet that saw she was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought they did on the target center doesn't have troughs anymore.
Speaker 2: But the party, let's in a let's use this hypothetical. Let's say every eighty in this scenario was not going number two. This is all number one. Yeah, hawks, Dad's.
Speaker 3: Listening, stop saying, my dad, wife.
Speaker 2: Imagine a Forrest gump Asque bench, just thirty seats long, and you all just sit next to each other and pee. No divider, no stalls, just a bench of peen hawks. Dad's designing that bench. Now, website, Dad, did you would you go to you'ine bench? My Godad? I mean, did ROSI text you that.
Speaker 3: He's lost blood?
Speaker 5: That I will? I will tell you. The one thing that I think would be a huge advantage is the time saving if you can just walk up, get it done, walk out, because we women, with each individual stall, we're waiting for the next one to come out. But also, you guys, if you just have to unzipel, you also don't have to untucked. And a lot of us women wear like a button up shirt or whatever. It's tucked in, so then every every even number one is a complete unzip of the genes the process. Yes, I mean think about that. And then if I'm like I wear a little camsol usually under a like a button up, So then it's get that all tucked in and straightened out while I'm still in the stall. So all of the other ladies who are waiting to use the stall are waiting for the camesol straightened and then the tuck in the shirt and the zipper and then the belt and put the belt buckle in the front, and all of that is done inside the stall before the next person can come in.
Speaker 2: You know one thing that hasn't changed, and I can't speak for the ladies, you can comment, Marnie. One thing that hasn't changed from the trough raor to now is so you had the trough right, just fifty guys wide on one wall and then four sinks on the other wall. Right. What hasn't changed at all is so there's fifty dudes peeing and forty six of them walk straight out of the bathroom without going to the sand.
Speaker 3: It is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even understand it. Yeah, it takes five seconds at least a water fake job, right, just fake it, just faked? Can you at least go through the motions?
Speaker 4: Slidh does an entire five minutes in his new special just came out last week on this and it's brilliant because he's like, I hate washing my hands. It's like, but sometimes I go over and I just turned the water on for a second.
Speaker 3: It's like, sure I could have washed my hands and turned the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: He's great.
Speaker 4: That's a great comedy specialist on YouTube, by the way.
Speaker 2: But the confidence when some of these guys walk out, we all saw you, we're all watching you gross.
Speaker 5: And you touched things thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, which is filthy, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: So to all of you that are going, well, what's the big deal, let's just bring Tross back, I would say, I want you get the rest of my whole life, see each other again. I don't think we need to bring him back. But I don't think they're as bad as you think they are.
Speaker 5: Maybe a modified concept. I mean this, I thinks, and the splash pad is.
Speaker 2: So like splash.
Speaker 6: Let me see if I can put this without being gross. If I drove a Ferrari up to the trought. I'd want troughs every time. Yeah, you're right, but I don't have a Ferrari.
Speaker 2: I have small. I don't know. I don't think it would matter because again back to his Actually it's not like fifty single ladies, your pianistic dudes. Who cares. I don't want other dudes to see my small jeep wrangler? Well they can't. But do you care if dude see your ferrari?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I had a yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you move the trough, you walk up and everybody's faces straight ahead. But you do this, you like it takes.
Speaker 3: A like a take some millions to help you get it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're gonna dig deep to get all of it, nobody's falling for that.
Speaker 5: All right, game, we'll come back, yeah, fain all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll play talk, We'll play team codes. When we come back. We'll do headlines to this. This is the power Shown Man.
Speaker 5: Search the Nicetus Tennis podcast on iHeart Radio, America's number one podcast network, and the Webby podcast.
Speaker 1: Years of the Power Trip Morning Show with a two day party at Treasure Island November fifth and sixth. Thursday Night features a pre comedy show with special Yes, Kelsey Cook, Chad Daniels, Siaminson, and Tommy Ryman going to be the best plus chances to win Vegas trips both days. Register now for free at kfan dot com slash two five. That's twenty five and yeah, get your rooms as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and get those tickets quickly because Chris, you and I were texted yesterday and we're told we were almost at the twenty five hundred person capacity. Sweet, and that was as of yesterday. So my guess is if it isn't already at capacity, it's going to be closed. So I would register quickly. Again, the tickets are free, but they need a head count because they don't want you know, nine billion people showing up and then turning people away. That's not what we want either. We want people that know they can get in. So make sure you get those tickets immediately so you can come watch in November. It's gonna be sweet. Yeah, all four are hilarious. Yes, you should be paying a ton to see any of them individually, let alone getting to see four of them for free. They're all absolute killers.
Speaker 5: So yeah, what I do.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be you know, our twenty fifth birthday party too. We'll make it about us too. What are we doing the other thing, the other announcement? Yeah, not yet, Okay, it sounds like within the next couple of days though, Okay, God, is that an announcement of this is the announcement of the announcement of the announcement of the announcement we we have. I think we have our Vegas details locked in. We're just waiting on one thing, and then wouldn't that be something? Then it's going to be awesome.
Speaker 5: Of us know, Yes, let the rest of the public.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what we're waiting for. We have to make sure the entire Power Trip crew is in the loop before we tell the public, because we need to make sure flights and things are lined up before we release the hounds.
Speaker 5: One thing on the Comedy Night at Treasure Island on November.
Speaker 2: Fifth, nailed it.
Speaker 5: But I saw Chad Daniels a few months ago, a couple of months ago at Mystic Lake in their showroom, And.
Speaker 3: How did I not know you went to that show? I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. A couple of photos on and stuff. I feel like I might have mentioned it on the Red should Kelsey Cook was one of the openers for him, and she was a surprise. We did not know she was going to be there. But my point is she told some Chad Daniels jokes, and he told some Kelsey Cook jokes, and knowing they were both in the same room made it even funnier. And when they transitioned, she off stage and him on stage, and just see their interaction and know them, you know, poking fun at each other was really good comedy. So to have them in the same show and then them being able to talk about their relationship and she does this thing that drives me nuts, and then knowing she's there and listening and maybe could pop out and retort right, it was just it was really fun. It was just that kind of sweet comedy but also hilarious, and it was it was really well done. So that is something I'm looking forward. And what if Kelsey says, Marts, do you want to hang out?
Speaker 2: I will, Marnie, can you just let the dream go?
Speaker 5: I know I can't.
Speaker 2: Does.
Speaker 5: I mean it's just because we not socialized.
Speaker 2: At all, because you basically said you had a girl crush on her to her face and you freaked around.
Speaker 5: And I mean, we like a compliment. It's a compliment. And now we're going to be in a social place. Maybe I'll buy her a drink.
Speaker 3: You don't want to hang around up, Yeah, yeah you'll be.
Speaker 2: But honestly shut out to those four for for agreeing to do this, because they're you know, they've been friends with us for a long time. Obviously, we've known Tommy for like fifteen years, for like fifteen years. I have Chadd and Kelsey, the last of them, exactly. I love them Chad and Kelsey. In the last couple of years we've gotten closer to that. It's just they're just awesome people, so so thankful that they were willing to do this for us, which is super cool. They didn't have to do that.
Speaker 5: Do you think they'll be a ripping the power trip?
Speaker 2: I've told you before whom they are allowed to if they want to, you know, it's not going to be a quote roast. But if they want to roast us at some point in their set, go for it.
Speaker 5: Well, what what possibly could they pick?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Yeah? Great?
Speaker 5: No material? What's on?
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll talk troughs trough talk. Why don't you work trust talking to your next stand up set? I don't know. When my next one is.
Speaker 5: Did you takeing a break?
Speaker 2: Were? I mean.
Speaker 6: Again, No, I don't know. Okay, may call it a career, may not, I don't know. Well, I got stuff to do. Look forward to that. Greg ready, thanks man?
Speaker 2: All right? Team codes? Okay, so I try to pick teams that are playing Minnesota teams. But the Wild they're out, the Wolves are out, the Bikes don't play yet. So who are the Twins playing? The White Sox? Right? And their three letter team code is CWS correct, which is impossible. So right, CWS. I can't think of twenty words, let alone one that have CWS consecutively. But last night the Links crushed the Phoenix Mercury. There are three letter code is phx nope, p h O, p h O. I went with the old p h oh. So, if you haven't heard this game in the past, I have twenty words that have the letters consecutively p h oh. Anywhere in the world a word word, excuse me, you can start, middle or end with p h oh. We don't yell out our name like initials. We just yell out the answer as quickly as possible.
Speaker 3: You guys, ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Words. These are all words that have p h oh somewhere in it. All right, here we got weird sauce. You ready, you get this bit right? Kansas? No, Kansas is wrong. It has to have p h oh. Nope, name the state that does PHO in it. Phoenix is city. It was a test, you fail. Okay, here we go, here we go see number one. Recently concluded HBO show Euphoria nailed it. Euphoria. Zach on the board that was one to nothing, Zachary Number two, cloth used for covering seats. M hm, where's that called? Cloth used for covering seats?
Speaker 5: Seats on a in.
Speaker 2: A car, all seats chairs? I think couches. Okay, pholstery nailed it. Upholstery. Upholstery is the right answer. It's upholstery. Microfiber doesn't have to have the f sound. Upholstery has p h O consecutively, Zach two to nothing. Number three not genuine or real? Oh Man, who was first? Mart They're saying Martin's all right, it definitely was all right. Marnie has one that was phony that is correct. Number four Fearing and avoiding places that No, it's not phobia. There's more that was hawk first. Fearing and avoiding places that might cause panic, especially public places. Oh a phobia. There you go. A gora phobia is what I was looking for. The full word for that specific phobia is a goa phobia.
Speaker 6: A friend of mine had that once. It's terrible. I'm not kidding. That's not good. Marlar no, garl No, Luke Sean one of those, Luca Sean, Yeah, Luke Shaka Khan Sean.
Speaker 2: No, yes, really yeah yeah yeah?
Speaker 5: Interesting and got over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he watched a lot of movies. I'm just student signed, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think you need to get over And he watched the one.
Speaker 2: No he did, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 2: The Zach has two, Sauce has one, Martins has one. Here's number five again, p h O, careful Bill Clinton has had one touch his lips. Saxophone. Oh wow, Zach by a sliver saxophone late to the party. But you guys figured it out. Saxophone is the correct answer, all right. Number six? Interesting, thank you, yikes. A powerful tropical cyclone that forms in the weapon typhoon. That is correct, hawk on the board, typhoon, well done. Number seven a twenty twelve Maroon five song.
Speaker 4: Tele the phone, payphone, payphone.
Speaker 2: There you go, Hawk, it's payphone, Thank you. Zach has three, Hawk has two. Sauce and Marnie each have one. Number eight editing and manipulating digital images photoshop, photo shop, and Zach is fast and he has four. Number nine one of six friends, Phoebe Marnie was first. That was Phoebe correct. Number ten compares two unrelated things by stating one is the other.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 2: These compare two unrelated things by simply stating that one is the other. Sauce is a river. Oh is an example of a not a simile.
Speaker 5: Only fact.
Speaker 2: Doesn't you said it had the FSNE Sure not a simile. It's a metaphor metaphor a metaphors metaphor. All right, Zach has five. We're halfway through the game. He has five, Hawk has two, Marni has two, Sauce has one. This one's fun ready. Number eleven outdated term for a woman with a compulsive physical desire h mempho maniac is correct an on brand Hawk gets point number three. That's a nympho or a nymphomaniac. You know what's crazy is as dumb as it sounds. I didn't know that was just specifically for your women that the term is. I just assumed anybody could be an infho. But I guess technically it's supposed to be just women. That's based on nymphs from back in the day.
Speaker 1: I guess there's anybody can be one.
Speaker 3: Now there's a different turn. It's called men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dudes, Zach has five, Hawk now has three, Marni two, Sauce has one. Again. The letters are P, H, O in order. Here is number twelve. To draw or transfer liquid through a tube using gravity siphon. Chris obviously siphoned some gas back in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice job and swallow gas. There's no way around it.
Speaker 2: Your dad's Dwight's favorite. It's hard not to do that. Yeah, all right. Number thirteen. Zach Morris and Gordon Gecko had these cell phones, cell phones exactly Sauce point number two. They had cell phones. They were basically the first two people and then they were immediate Gordon Gecko and Wall Street had a cell phone, and Zach Morris somehow had a cell phone before. It was the only way he could talk to his dad. It's true. His dad was too busy for him, very busy. Just a brick look.
Speaker 6: Like a gigantic piece of this, sir, look like he was calling the moon.
Speaker 2: Sure all right? Zach has five, Hawk has four, Sauce and Marni have two. Here's number fourteen an accidental technicality or unclear section of a written document or a set of rules.
Speaker 5: Loophole.
Speaker 2: Nailed it, Marni, here you go. A loophole. All right, you're back in this. That's a loophole. That's a that's a weird one too, right with the PHO in my head? Yep, nicely done. Number fifteen elaborate multi movement musical composition symphony symphony sauce, look at you, symphony in sauce keeps this game competitive. Zach has five, Hawk has four, Sauce and Marnie each have three, and we have five to go. You guys are all in this. Number sixteen Global retail space specializing in makeup and Beautyphora. Oh wow, Sauce beat Marni to Sephora. Wow. Well done, Sauce. You have four. You could still catch that.
Speaker 5: You only want about your eyeline.
Speaker 2: Number seventeen, Thank you. Tiny lens used to look through a door. Oh people, that is a people or Sauce was slightly first and he's caught Zach Alberson his people.
Speaker 3: He does kind of think here, who.
Speaker 2: With the fan would try to use it? Reverse people. You'll be here in twenty minutes. Zach has five, Sauce has five, Hawk has four, Marnie has three. There's a three to go eighteen hates confined space. Claustrophobic. You were waiting on that one. Zach has point number six. That was claustrophobic or claustrophobia number nineteen directly in front of you currently microphone, microphone. Yes, Chris gets point number five, So we are down to the final item. Zach has six, Hawk and Sauce. You can tie him if you get point six. Marnie, you're just playing for fun. Okay, you're out of this one of p h O second year. Sauce ties it up, and Sauce and Zach win with six. Smart that's fun. Those are tough. You guys are good at the game.
Speaker 5: Interesting at least I thought I had a w NBA game on a couple of days ago featuring Phoenix Phoenix Portland who is a brand new team in the league, and the ticker at the bottom or the fox box whatever that has the score. Use the three letter code for Portland, which in the NBA, I'm almost p O R.
Speaker 2: Can I guess what they did for the W three letters? Let's go.
Speaker 5: It was not pr pt L No.
Speaker 2: Was it something with an X?
Speaker 5: Yes, which is why I was in my head I said Phoenix because.
Speaker 2: P p X, p r X, p ox, p l X. What else we e d X? That's insane?
Speaker 5: I'm guessing is that the name that might be? Is that their airport code? I looked on I actually googled it. Portland was PDX because P and D is the first letter of Portland and the last letter of Portland. And then the X was put in when they started airport codes because they needed a third letter.
Speaker 2: I can promise you this, if we keep playing this team cod's name long enough, I will never use PDX, I promise.
Speaker 5: But also, if you're flying to Portland and you see PDX, are you like? Where am I going? And then I thought, why why are they not using po R in the scoring of this game? That question very bizarre for me to look up and see p d X. I even have to think about it in my head PDX for Portland. I guess I'm a score bug.
Speaker 1: I guess that's a they're like deeply rooted local abbreviation, so the local use it and Fire decided to.
Speaker 2: Take it over.
Speaker 5: So thank you for using the fire. That's the that's the w NBA team name, sure the original as well, and now this new team and maybe Zacho. Maybe they have a jersey, like an alternate jersey that says.
Speaker 6: P d X.
Speaker 5: Maybe I haven't seen it, but time will tell.
Speaker 2: You'll find out till.
Speaker 5: The Sons have the pH X.
Speaker 2: That makes more sense.
Speaker 5: One of their alternate jerseys. Yes, so that he's just associate that with phoenix. I see this PDX.
Speaker 2: We got there.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Thanks super interesting, Mars, you're.
Speaker 2: Sending it by all around, Thanks all around around. It was on this day, June second, of what year did Ken Jennings win his very first game of Jeopardy. He went on to win seventy three straight to maybe seventy four because it says seventy three more and I thought it was seventy three, but either even so, I'm gonna go with five. Anybody know I don't want jeopard at all.
Speaker 5: It was seven.
Speaker 3: I was going to say twenty twelve, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Zak, what did you guess I believe it was all five almost you had the other guest two thousand and four. His first game, he won thirty seven two hundred and one dollars. He went on to win two point five million dollars. And again, I grew up with Trebek. I know this is sacrilegious, but I'm on team Jenny's. I just think he's a fantastic host. He's very, very good, which is so weird. Think about that moment twenty four years ago, twenty two years ago, sorry, two thousand and four, twenty two years ago. He's just a contestant, super smart guy. How would you ever, in your wildest dreams think, oh, at some point, this is going to be my job, not just I'm going to win a game or two or seventy four in a row and win millions of dollars, like this will be my career. Well, I'm taking over for Trebecca. That's insane, that is insane.
Speaker 1: I remember I was nine years old that year and it was summer vacation, and you know, he'd come in the house after going outside and throughout the summer like he'd throw it.
Speaker 2: Jeopardy would be on or whatever.
Speaker 1: My grandma was watching it and it was just like we I remember asking my cousin like, is he just like a permanent player?
Speaker 2: Because I didn't know how it worked.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he just kept playing, kept playing, and that I remember just being in the new newspaper and he finally lost.
Speaker 2: Like it was major news.
Speaker 1: That day when he finally got beaten by what FedEx or something like that.
Speaker 2: But I thought that the guy a couple months ago, Jamie Ding, I thought he was going to do it. I really thought he was going to do it. He he won like thirty or something straight, and he looked like an unstoppable for so I thought that guy had a legitimate chance to catch Ken. But what did he win? Something like thirty ish, give or take high twenties, low thirties.
Speaker 5: Guy was a machine and then FedEx beat him.
Speaker 2: I think he answered what is fed x? And that was the wrong answer. Yeah. I wonder if the person who beat him was a one time winner or did they win two, three, four games in a row. It was just a one time snipe?
Speaker 6: Mark who beat Ken Jennings h ray Holmes, Oh, former host of Family Feud. Okay, good for him.
Speaker 2: He was also an overboard great film I believe Yeah, I believe he. I think he played one of the guys at the jail that was like releasing like Hawk, like the remake of it.
Speaker 6: He loves Trough Pierson just like his old bad Come on, Dwight Hockey.
Speaker 2: What was her character's name? Kurt Russell's name was Dean prophets that her name was like Joanne something, Joanne Fabric, No, not Joan loves that story. Name was uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, jo Joan.
Speaker 1: Oh you wait, most of this firm, seventy thousand seasonal white collar employees work only four months a year.
Speaker 2: Huh. That was the final jeopardy clue. What is H and R block.
Speaker 5: Accounting?
Speaker 6: And said FedEx, Oh, man, if you know this, you did you look it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's give me the initials. Joe S, Joanna Stton, Joe Sr. Jay excuse me, yeah, Joanna stateon you are correct, nailed it? Okay, Jesus, Uh try this one out, uh, Jos again, I'm not I'm not great with history. I don't know if you guys are. Chris is probably the best in this room at history, but sometimes I just I'm not quite sure when things happen. And this is a good example where I might have been fifty years off if I had guests without looking at this, Pusch, Cassidy and the Sundance Kid held up the Overland Express train in Wyoming on this day in a certain year. We'll get to that in a second. They got into such an heated argument, such a heated argument with the conductor, they forgot about the explosives that they had planted on the bridge and it blew up. That's how do you how do you threaten to blow up a bridge and forgot that you did it? Yeah, I mean, it doesn't matter how much of an argument you guided. And it's like, hey, Butch, we should probably hustle the bombs.
Speaker 5: That That tells me you're doing it a lot. You're playing a lot.
Speaker 2: What year do you think they did that they held up that train, Bunch, Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. What year do you think that was? Eighteen seventy five, eighteen seventy five, I'm gonna take nineteen.
Speaker 5: Twelve.
Speaker 2: When were bombs invented? I'll say fifty five.
Speaker 3: Isn't like eighteen eighty eight or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on the right path. Eighteen ninety nine, eighteen ninety nine. You're on the right train. Yep, bed. Happy birthday to Dana Carvey, one of the best to ever do it. On Saturday Night Live. How old is Dana Carvey today?
Speaker 5: Oh, sixty d eight.
Speaker 2: Sixty five.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say sixty seven.
Speaker 2: I must say in this late fifties, fifty seven he is seventy one, seventy one, No way, Oh, for sure. A lot of iconic characters on SNL, but I still think the one that translates the best is is Garth. Right, Like he's when I think of Dan Lady's pretty good, it's fine. But like when I think of Dana Carvey, I think I think Wayne's World immediately. That's the go to.
Speaker 5: I did go Church Lady when you sur.
Speaker 2: First in church Lady's outstanding. Yeah. Interesting. Uh. Balloon releases are soon going to be illegal in Louisiana.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 2: I'm a little surprised they haven't been illegal across the board way way earlier than now. Right, Just thousands of balloons getting really east.
Speaker 5: What happens when they lose their.
Speaker 2: Right the then animals eat them and they choke and die and all that kind and then they just get balloons all over the place.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Surprised it's not to illegal. Yeah, take a deep breath. Listen to this one. This last sentence. It is a two sentence story, but the last sentence is nuts. A family mourning the loss of their father was shocked when they attended his wake and instead found a stranger lying inside the coffin. Here's the crazy part. The man's son said, they were trying for hours to convince us that was our father. So imagine like you go, you walk up to the cast and you're like, well, that's not my dad, this is the wrong room, or this is the wrong body. And the people that were holding the wake were like, no, that's your dad, And they, for hours apparently, were like no, it isn't like that's to make the mistake is nuts. To try to convince you otherwise. Is even cast lighting a morning fan? Right, No, that's your dad.
Speaker 3: Nothing, that's my dad.
Speaker 2: It look different.
Speaker 6: It's you know, as we could do.
Speaker 4: You've only seen him money's breathing.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 5: Can we at least confirm that they had in fact lost their death.
Speaker 2: Yes, they had, Okay, it just was a different person's dead body.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they accidentally cremated their.
Speaker 5: Dad Paul went out of the vault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one looks close. Use that one, they won't. It sounds like a Scooby Doo episode. Yeah, all right, random trivia and the the show. Because I say, I like I think stats like this are interesting once in a while. Give me the country in the world that has the most islands.
Speaker 7: Oh ah, I know, Canada, Bahamas Nope.
Speaker 2: I think Canada is a fantastic guess because it's gigantic and there's so much water. But no, Canada is third, fourth, not a bad guess at all. Mm hmm. Japan Nope, that's not bad. Russian Nope, Rushi, Philippines Nope, good guess, No nope, Indonesia No, Cuba Nope, that's just.
Speaker 5: One its own. It doesn't claim all the little.
Speaker 2: That's a good guess too.
Speaker 1: Uh oh Nighted Kingdom getting closer.
Speaker 2: Soland, Ireland, Go East Norway Norway second, Zach Sweden has two hundred and sixty seven thousand islands. That's right, two hundred and sixty seven thousand islands, more than any country in the world. Norway second, Finland, third, Canada, fourth, Chile fifth. We learned something today. Wow, God, it's good to learn something once in a while. Yeah, pretend to be Ken Jennings for two seconds.
Speaker 5: He would have never said Cuba, Cuba.
Speaker 2: I don't think so on island. He might have guessed Sweden. He might have known. He's a smart guy. Mar See Friday for initials. Guess who's hosting initials on Friday. Zachary Halverson kill. Zachary Halverson will host on Friday. See you Friday.
Speaker 5: Okay here, I won't, but they will enjoy your vacation.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 5: Check out unplug and enjoy.
Speaker 2: Likewise, I mean, I don't know if that means you're not leaving. We're back tomorrow five thirty to nine, nine to noon is next. I already have the leader for.
Speaker 5: Day from the one eight hundred did Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Dell Technologies. Good morning,