Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning. I got so excited last night, guys. I was sitting down getting ready to watch the Detroit Pistons game, and I'm all of a sudden excited when my phone rings and I see Shannon's name appear on my phone. I mean, not that you'd get just excited that you get a phone call at night when you were watching the game. I mean some people would look at that as a disturbance, but I rarely get a late night telephone call from one Shannon, and all of a sudden, I'm like racing to pick up my phone and it went away, and I'm like, oh, what happened. I wonder if her phone service went out on her, only to get that beloved text right afterwards that said sorry butt dial. I was so sad at that moment. I got so like, oh God, like this thing came over me. I don't know what it was. It was this moment of being a middle school kid and having that girl that you went to school with that didn't even recognize you anymore. Very sad moment in my life.
Speaker 2: Yes, God, yeah, it's slow mowing movies where you see the girl wave at you and you think she's waving and then you turn around and it's her best friend behind me.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was very sad. So I looked at that text for quite a while as I sat there, and I thought to myself, little Tommy was coming back in a moment of not knowing what I was going to do. I felt like for a moment there I was wanted, and then butt dial was came. Oh. So I sat down and I wrote this as a topic tonight because I wanted to ask this question. First off, what were you doing? Why was your butt dial?
Speaker 3: So I was in the car in the because basically, I'm an uber for my children if I live in my car and I, oh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, let me get the sad music.
Speaker 3: I uh, you are on my favorites list in my own car on my car.
Speaker 1: Play's excited.
Speaker 4: But my sister Jacqueline is right above you.
Speaker 3: And I went to call her and I accidentally hit your name and I realized it very quickly.
Speaker 1: Wow, I like that Jacqueline is just above me. That means I'm in the family realm of the favorites. That's actually kind of nice.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but I was really trying.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's okay, but I will say this to you. You have those moments too, like when you do, you know, butt dial, that could be moments that are actually kind of good, Like I could have picked up the phone and could have heard that moment where Shannon was yelling at her kids, like I could have had one of those if it was a true butt dial, which, by the way, talking about you, that's right, which, by the way, are my favorite butt dials. My favorite butt dial is usually from one of my buddies, Jeff, when he will butt dial and you hear three and a half minutes of full on conversations of him talking to people. Has anybody ever had a button where they butt dialed somebody and they left a bunch of stuff on their probably voicemail, or the person actually was listening and you said something about them. I'd love to hear those stories.
Speaker 2: I usually just hear, but you just hear, you hear it sounds like you're obviously in a pocket or something like, you don't actually hear words, and it's four minutes is just my dad's but.
Speaker 1: Chandon brought up a really good point before the show, and I said I was going to bring this up as the topic at this moment, she goes, why do we even still call it a butt dial? Nobody keeps them in very true? Yeah, I mean for guys, it's probably their front pockets, and for women it's in their purse probably.
Speaker 4: Right, not even that, but everybody has or should have a pass code. So it's really hard to.
Speaker 3: But accidentally butt dial somebody because you have to be in your phone already.
Speaker 1: It isn't It isn't, though. I for some reason, I feel like there's some updates I've done to my phone that make me like, my flashlight still goes off all the time, and I don't know what I feel like. I'm literally, you know, an eighteen year old man with my flashlight on all the time with some of the new updates that are there.
Speaker 2: So the worst sometimes is when you have a family member that you know want to talk your head off, and you make a mistake and call him, and you do your best to try to end the call immediately, but for some reason they get that one call and then they call you back. You like, yeah, I'm sorry, Oh, well, how are things going? Like, bro, I didn't mean to call you in the first place. Yeah, let's wrap this up.
Speaker 1: Eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight or text is nine five five zero zero. What's the most awkward butt dial you ever received or you ever sent? And is it more awkward if you're talking to another person in communicating or is it more awkward if you're in your car like singing they're getting you, like, you know, whatever list you're listening to on the radio or on your streaming services, singing along to it. Good morning is the Mojo in the Morning Show. Nice to have you here with me and Channon and Anna and keV Lydia, Bianca, Zach and of course everybody working hard behind the scenes here on our show today. Uh, you know, it's funny though about your you call it. At that moment, I thought to myself, Oh god, Shannon's sick, Like I thought it was something she just she just traveled. And then it's always one of those things. I'm like, Wow, her voice sounded good this morning. Actually your voice sounds great. Oh it sounds better, I know.
Speaker 3: I thank god the seven weeks of that weird voice thing, yes, which they figured they finally figured out what it was.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's good. What's up, Amy, how you doing, Hi, good morning, How are you fantastic? Amy? Who is the butt dialer? So?
Speaker 5: I have a co worker that was trying to get a hold of a different co worker and he didn't answer the phone, and my coworker thought the phone hung up, and he accidentally left the voicemail talking nothing but crap about the other guy, and the other guy got the voicemail.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what was it like in the office the next day?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Luckily it's he separate like locations, so that was fine. It was no tension, but you know, he probably felt like a double as.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always love the talking crap thing because I wonder if there's any legitimacy to the crap that they're talking, Like, Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Guy's definitely got a reputation.
Speaker 1: He's kind of a douche, right exactly. If everybody knows the whole story, they're siding with him. What's going on? Anna? How you doing? Is it? Anna? Or Anna?
Speaker 7: Anna?
Speaker 1: Anna? What's up? Anna?
Speaker 6: I was just calling to say with butt dialing in general, I feel like the older generation does it more often because you never lock your phone before putting it in your pocket. You know, my mom does it like four times today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is true. You just kind of automatically assume that it's gonna lock itself at that moment, you know, right, Yeah, it is. It is interesting and usually it is the older people, way older than even Shannon, because she's not that old, like.
Speaker 4: You get a phone call for me today for saving.
Speaker 1: But it is funny that they just sit there and you know, they're Willy Nelly with her, although I just said, Willy Nelly, what's going on, Danielle? How you doing?
Speaker 8: Chau Hi, Good morning everyone. And so I was really angry with my brother. We we are like twins. We're not twins, but we are.
Speaker 2: A lot alike.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And anyways, I was so mad at him that I accidentallyled him and I called him ugly, stupid and narcissisust did be.
Speaker 1: I was ticked at him.
Speaker 7: He heard all of it.
Speaker 1: Wait, how did you butt dile? Explain? Explain that we were you talking to him prior to that?
Speaker 8: And then he No, he has the same name as my dad, and I was so mad at him i changed it to his first name.
Speaker 1: My brother goes by his middle name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I changed his name back to Bell, like my dad accidentally called my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dad. Yeah, yeah, it wasn't great.
Speaker 8: Uh that fight lasted an extra two week just because said I said, should not have said it.
Speaker 1: But and again all all those words you just said were about your brother.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was angry.
Speaker 1: I was ticked at him. He did some terrible things to me. Oh man of each other.
Speaker 7: And he was in a different time in his life.
Speaker 1: Okay, does he still have that? Does he you think he kept that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he saved it.
Speaker 1: He brings it up at Christmas. There are times I look back at some of the things that are still on my phone and there are but dials there, the conversations that you can hear. What's up, Chris, good morning.
Speaker 7: Well two years ago I got.
Speaker 1: Married and the day of my wedding, I put myself one in my pocket.
Speaker 6: I ended up calling the police by mistake.
Speaker 1: The day the day I was getting married. Oh my god, So I had to I had to explain what was.
Speaker 5: Going on because they were going to send.
Speaker 6: Out an officer for a welfare check.
Speaker 1: And I said no, no, no, no, no need and.
Speaker 5: They're like, well do we need someone out? And uh take you away to get you away.
Speaker 1: From the wedding. God save me.
Speaker 5: They're all good but they were laughing about it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. That is that. That is one of those signs on your wedding day, Angelica. What's up? Angelica?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Morning show, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, what's up?
Speaker 7: So this guy I was talking to was at some after hour colecting and he butted out of me while he was gett another girl's number.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so you busted his ass? Huh?
Speaker 7: I sure did. All a heart would put my numbering up from So every time I talk to him about the call, put my numbering.
Speaker 1: Up talking to him, he must he must be good that you're still talking to him.
Speaker 2: You period, that's the real But if you know what I hold on, you call it a booty call.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. If you know what, we'll talk to you, Angelica. I love you on December tonight, all right, yes, get ready, you got your tickets. We're ready for it.