Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Monday, June first, to twenty twenty six. Watch to get to today from is this the end to America's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary party at Shambles? It is Joe Rogan about to be hired by sixty minutes plus your calls, dispatches, emails, sex and more. Sea ladies here mostly so are you? You can send us a dispatch. All you have to do is go to the Newsjunkie dot com h.
Speaker 1: Report on your first dispatch today.
Speaker 2: You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling a right of the studio at a real time. How's everybody doing on a Monday.
Speaker 1: It's a Monday. It feels like a Monday to me. You don't have any pep in your stuff today.
Speaker 2: You know, you went on a vacation, you took Friday off, and like, you come back and there's zero pepp in that there.
Speaker 3: You know, a couple of weeks ago, I came in on a Monday and I had had a very relaxing, do nothing weekend, and I was like, oh, I'm good, this is great. And you didn't believe me. You're like, something's wrong, you're lying, You're pulling a scam, something's going on, and this is this is a normal month, this is much.
Speaker 1: There's no perfect answer for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, doesn't matter what you say, doesn't matter what your demeanor is. I'm gonna call it out every single time. It's just the way it's going to go here on a Monday. We have a lot to get to on the show, including what are the things we're gonna do today? Before we get to the opening clip, I want to tell you all show long, we are going to be doing rate my blank and I want to I want to try to utilize the app and the website and all these different ways. This is kind of a giant test in a way. I want to see your home screens on your phone? All right, Sea Lanes, Like, let's take a look at their home screens. Should we see what Let's see how sloppy these people are. Let's see what we can learn from them on their home screens on their phone.
Speaker 3: Should we show ours just to pick it?
Speaker 1: Let me see? I mean, yeah, I got stuff.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't necessarily want to show your home screen that you wouldn't show. This is it's hard to say. It's it's hard to say. It's a little it's a little bit complicated. But there's stuff that, like technology wise, might expose something that's on work.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So I want to see your home screens, all right, So give us a shot at your home screen. Submit those as dispatches. We're going to read into them and see what we can learn from you. Number one and number two. We'll pick a winner today. We'll hook you up with the prize for rate my blank.
Speaker 3: I just almost sent mine and I realized I do have to censor something out of my home screen.
Speaker 2: See look, I think this is happening. It was his phone or desktop phone, all right. Also, they're saying, we're not showing ours unless you show yours.
Speaker 1: I mean, all right, I'll censor mine.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I have I have a calendar widget on my home screen and it's got an address on it that I probably should not show.
Speaker 2: Oh and it's got all your your scheduled sex sessions in there too.
Speaker 1: You know Monday.
Speaker 2: Anymore, it's Tuesday's definitely not a sex day. Wednesday though, my god, good times over there? All right, we want to see what you have, so rate my blank Let's do rate my home screen today.
Speaker 1: Send those in. We will try to read into.
Speaker 2: Your home screens on your phones and see what we can learn from you.
Speaker 1: As we roll on.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's put ourse the ground, our fingers in the pulse to see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to a little fat kid on a scooter. Everybody, that's right, yeah, yeah, this little kid.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you were ever like this at any point in your life. No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I realize how that sounds. I'll walk that back, all right. It's not a you sound like a pretentious white guy that doesn't see color.
Speaker 1: Not about that, all right.
Speaker 2: This little kid found that somebody was talking to his grandma, and the person was like a salesperson talking to his grandma. And the little kid rolled up on his scooter, big mad to defend grandma from who he thought was a bad guy salesman.
Speaker 1: And I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: He's so little, this kid riding up on his scooter, no shirt on a little fat belly hanging out.
Speaker 1: Let's watch what happened? He can he say that again? I said, you can sell that to neighbor, sell you.
Speaker 2: A fortunately good yeah, right, hot little guy, he said, I says, I says, I says. At first, he's a little he's like a tiny little fog horn leghorn coming in hot, right, you know, I said, I said. And he must have already yelled something at this salesman guy who's filming this, because the the salesman guy goes, look, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Do it. Do it again. I want you to do it again because I'm filming now.
Speaker 2: And the fat kid comes in and throws his scooter down, and he said, you can try to sell that to me, but I'm gonna sell you a punch in the stomach, punching the gut, a punch of the gut.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Well I don't even really.
Speaker 2: Understand the It's kind of like you're gonna sell me a punch in the gut. Okay, all right, Well he's got more. He's upset here, right, Can.
Speaker 1: He say that again? I said, you can sell that to neighbor, out, sell you a really why.
Speaker 2: Your granny, we're doing her house for pest control.
Speaker 1: He comes right up in the guy's face.
Speaker 2: Man, this little kid, he's like big protective over grandma. He's like, this little kid's like they're trying to take advantage of her. Maybe I feel like dad or mom might just say down at some point in time it said, look, these salespeople are predatory. You come around these neighborhoods, they take advantage of old people. You don't let them do that to your grandma. Right, you see one of these salespeople out there, you offer them, You'll sell them a punch in the in the gut, all right, that's what that's what you'll sell them. He's gotten me right up in his groat ass man's face.
Speaker 3: This kid sounds like his dad uses very old phrases, like very dated, dated phrases.
Speaker 1: I'll sell you a punch in the gut.
Speaker 2: Like hair lip the governor, like uh, you know stuff like that. Yeah, stuff that dads say. Were you just kind of nod along and you're like, I don't know. That's like the one my mom used to say, Well, I told you about started a whole conversation on the show because I'd be like my mom would always be like, oh, that thing's had the radish, and I go, what all Right've like had the radish meant like it's done for you gotta throw.
Speaker 1: It away, you can gotta get rid of it.
Speaker 2: This little kid's dad says some stuff like that, because I'll sell you a punch in the gut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing control.
Speaker 2: This little Bobby Hill looking kid like he looks at the mini Bobby Hill from King of the Hill like, actually, I'm gonna be I'm gonna take care of a spider wise for your brain?
Speaker 1: Is that not that he just runs away at the end, he just runs away. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a moment where you protective over anybody when you were a little kid like that or No?
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever felt the need to like exert that or assert that on somebody. I was protective, but I never felt like I had to bow up to a salesperson or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I would have been.
Speaker 2: I think at that age, what's that kid, three or four or so? We probably five four or five, five five years old, let's say five years old. I don't think I would have the chutzpah to use an old person phrase.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would have the balls to go up to.
Speaker 2: Punch you in the gut, grown ass, grown ass man, to be like I'm gonna you a punch in the gut.
Speaker 3: And I'm almost certain if I had spoken like that to somebody, I would have been in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, All right, well those are trickling in these rate my blank. Now I want to see your home screen on your phone. We're gonna see what we can read through with that. We've got a lot of stuff to dive into before we get into the America two hundred and fiftieth anniversary stuff which I don't even know is gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This is a lot, folks. This is our two hundred and fiftieth anniversary. It's kind of a big deal, and it looks like it might be canceled.
Speaker 3: So when I last was here on Thursday, we had lost Morris Day in the time, Yeah, and we had lost young mc. He he's not gonna come sing that one song, but he's busting a move out of there, right, And I think maybe there was one or two others that were sort of on the fence, and now they're just dropping like flies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Martina McBride hit the second tower shortly after that, and then just one after another after another, and then all we had was CNC Music Factory.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: CNC Music Factory, which I learned on Friday was formerly called like two Puerto Ricans, A black and a and a Spanish guy or something like that. I'm not making this up. That was the name of the group before they like Sean Dat explaining why they moved out.
Speaker 1: Of the acreage.
Speaker 2: My dad didn't care about that though. But but I can't. I can't let you be smirches this legacy. Okay, Russell Wilson doesn't have that much of a legacy.
Speaker 1: On this earth globally speaking.
Speaker 2: But so the two undred vitea, the anniversary that they have, all they're they're fleeing. You know, all we have is CNC Music Factory, and that ain't gonna cut it all right.
Speaker 3: When and last I heard they were still a maybe they had not decided yet.
Speaker 2: We got It's like we sent out an evite and all we got was one maybe from CNC Music Factory. Ladies and gentlemen, Do I have to remind you I hated If I do, I hate it. If I have to remind you before the fourth of July, this is the United States of America. We are the greatest country on the Planet, the Red, White, and Blue, the Stars and stripes. Baby, we do it the right way. Okay, we make mistakes. Sure, we're not perfect, I understand that, but we're pretty damn good, and we're pretty hard on ourselves to try to be even better all the time. Okay, we deserve the best performers you could ever ask for.
Speaker 3: Ryan on YouTube says, the music factory backed out C and C will just be performing.
Speaker 2: Our Willie says, Milli Vanilly dropped out too. The funny thing was, Alejandro said, pointed out on the show, He's like, Milli Vanilli is not going to be playing, and they didn't even sing the songs.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't even they were going there to like little one of them is dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, the whole thing is just it's unbelievable. We deserve better than this for the United States of America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday. So we'll get into the drama behind that going on in just a bit here on the show. Right now, let's do what we do. Let's take a look at the box office over the weekend. How did everything do? How did we do at the box office?
Speaker 1: Friends?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what happened the little guy, well kind of you know, the young upstart one again. The number one movie in the United States of America, that great country I was just telling you about. Is a little movie from A twenty four, the biggest hit in the history of A twenty four called back Rooms with eighty one million dollars this weekend at the box office. Eighty one million dollars. This is a movie made by a young guy who did his first movie on YouTube. He's twenty something years old. Twenty he's twenty. He's twenty years old. He's now seven years younger than the record holder to have a number one box office movie.
Speaker 1: He looks like a kid, he does.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's got like that curly short hair, babyface.
Speaker 1: Him YouTube movie.
Speaker 2: They said, let's take this back Room, which was the YouTube video that he made. Let's take Backroom and make it into a movie called back Rooms. And he made eighty one point four million dollars.
Speaker 1: It's a crazy story.
Speaker 2: I'll give you more the background on him and how this all came about in a little bit here on the show.
Speaker 3: Big Kid that has the number one movie in the box office was born after I graduated high school.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 2: What about Obsession the number two movie at the box office. How old is the guy behind that one? See Obsession pretty young too? Yeah, Obsession and back Rooms brought out a lot of guys. Sixty two percent. Mail was the audience Big gen Z. Gen Z's showing you they don't care about the Star War, all right, They're not interested in the Star War. John's John Schwartz says on YouTube, what's the plot? The plot is literally just about you're they're in some some office and they find that there's a mystery door and then it just keeps leading into more and more and more and more rooms, back rooms, and that's it.
Speaker 1: That's Curry Baker.
Speaker 3: Curry Baker is the guy that did Obsession twenty six years old, twenty six the number two movie in the country, twenty six million dollars for the twenty six year old guy behind it also came from YouTube, much like Mark a Plier before then with that, you know, the other movie, The Whole Iron Lung.
Speaker 1: Was market Plier's movie.
Speaker 2: By the way, the whole genre of horror is being taken over by young people and I love it. It's being taken over by low budget movies that are making big money because kids don't care about the Star War, the eighty fifth Star War. Okay, it's over all right, he says, he cares about the Star Wars.
Speaker 1: You're the last one, Eddie.
Speaker 3: Okay, why aren't you calling it a star War and not Star Wars? Are you going arrested development on us?
Speaker 2: It's a star War, okay, go see a Star War, Mandalorian and grogu Who. The Star War update is number three at the box office with twenty five million dollars. That's down seventy percent first weekend to second weekend. The Star War is down seventy percent. We're just being obtuse now, you're just doing it to be obnoxious. It was front loaded with all the final lines of Star War fans. They all went out there together to see it the first weekend, and then it fell all the way to third place, just barely above Michael and then the breadwinner in fifth place. That's that, I mean, it just shows you what people want. Young people are over it. They're done with your big, fat, bloated budget movies. They're done with the traditional Hollywood nonsense. It's time that they take the baton, and they're doing it at the box office, and I could speak for obsession. The second movie in the country. It is a pretty damn good movie.
Speaker 1: All right. It's a good ride, a good time, and I liked it.
Speaker 2: But tell us what you thought if you went to see it, and when you think of these young folks sort of taking over in the Hollywood grind. Also a couple of emails to get it started real quick. Here is Amy who says to Tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com, I have never felt more connected to anyone. Oh okay, I've never felt more connected anyone than with Sean Hi. Sean Hey, Seelane was talking about graduation ceremonies.
Speaker 1: I agree with every word. Sean said, that's it.
Speaker 2: His head's nodding out there, all right, Seelan, And I'm talking about these things people are yep.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: What did you say about graduation ceremonies. Uh, it's called balance, parent learn it. They need to be self motivated, not rewarded or motivated. Oh, I said, there's too many. This is just true. There's too many graduations. I've seen on social media over the last couple of days. In graduation, I've seen kids graduating from third grade to fourth grade. I also bet graduation. It's not right, it's not I also brought up a point about like little kids' birthday parties, Like there's somebody I know that had a themed birthday party for their two year old kid, Like it's over the top, it's lost.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a brilliant time. Everybody loved it, all right.
Speaker 2: I was no, not you, no, no, no, no, no no. This guy goes to a different school. This is yeah, this is a totally totally different That's how they learned to regulate their emotions and actions, says Amy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, loving the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the work you're doing to create great slash good content. Always looking for that great slash good content. Amy in Texas, Thank you, Amy. Graduating from third to fourth grade? It's that's fake, are Thereilly Madison Way School's doing that? Yeah, yeah, they're loading parents are doing that. More so, wait, what are the ones that we have now?
Speaker 3: If you graduate from kindergarten, which I thought I think that one is st yeah.
Speaker 2: Pre k fifth grade. If you graduate out of elementary school, that's the first thing I'll give you, right, congratulations you made out of elementary school.
Speaker 3: You're legally required to do that. I don't remember if we had a middle school graduation ceremony. I'm assuming we did, because you're switching schools, like you graduate from that school, but I don't remember. I know, of course, I remember high school, but kindergarten. Yeah, I just want to dress the kid up in a cute cap and gown. That is too much, she agrees. She thinks it's too much.
Speaker 2: We'll see what you think about this, and we'll get into the details on what's going on behind the scenes. Is America's two hundred and fiftieth celebration is kind of crumbling over here. I want to eventually, at some point today get to this massive Lego drama that exploded online. If you haven't heard this story, it's gonna be a movie, man, I'm telling you it's gonna I know I'm telling you about stolen legos, but it's gonna be a movie.
Speaker 1: Like back Room are any of these other ones.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch the last Lego movie, so we'll see if this one piques my interest.
Speaker 2: This one will captivate you, I promise. Also when we come back. There was a big boom over the weekend, A mystery boom heard in Boston, Massachusetts, what was going on. I'll play the audio for you and explain what happened, because that is coming up next on the News Junkie. I added the app links as people start to download the app and then check it out and stuff. I added the app links over at the Neewsjunkie dot com so you could see it for iPhone or Android devices. Jump on board with that. I got an update headed for iPhone users. It's already out on Android. That will probably be out today or tomorrow for I Phone and Android, and then I'm pretty sure we're in a stable spot with the app. We can kind of just leave it there. It's fantastic, it's it's awesome. I think it's a game changer, and I encourage you to go get it. Okay, before we talk about America's two hundred and fiftieth concert, that's kind of falling apart here and the statements about this and you know the concert question mark, Ye, concert question mark. I mean, like we literally don't know it's falling apart right now. In my argument that stands is America is a great, great country. I'm proud to be an American as always, and I think that a two hundred and fiftieth celebration is important, so we should celebrate it. But this seems like it's not going well, you know what I mean, Like we can't ruin our two hundred and fiftieth birthday as the United States of America.
Speaker 1: That seems like a bad thing.
Speaker 3: I just don't get, like how they can't find people that would say yes to this. There's got to be people that would say yes to this.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's because there's some people who are scared. It's kind of like how you speak if you if you were going to say that you played at SeaWorld, and then all these like little fringe groups on the internet would bully your band or your your you know, rap group or whatever. And then people who are in these groups will be like, who, well, we didn't know about this whole blackfish thing.
Speaker 1: We're no longer performing at sea World.
Speaker 2: And then finally bands got tired of that nonsense and told this loud, squeaky, annoying part of their audience to piss off, and that they.
Speaker 1: Did now have videos like the Ying Yang Twins torking up a SeaWorld and it was real, Yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Now it's a party over there, people are like, all right, we're over all this stupid stuff where these loud, squeaky losers complain about everything and bully everybody. No, I mean that happens because this is like it's been turned into a political thing.
Speaker 1: Like it or not, It's just been turned into a political thing when I don't think it should be.
Speaker 2: I think it'd just be a celebration of America two hundred and fifty years in fireworks, red white, and blue, you know, little kids waving a little flags, veterans, all that stuff. I think that that would be a perfectly good thing for all of us to celebrate together.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to tell you at at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: At the top of the hour today, I'll give you an update on the latest time my contract situation. I got less than thirty days on my contract here at iHeartRadio, and information has come through and the last I will say week or so. That has led me to believe that there are some other problems on the horizon. And we'll talk about this because I think we need to talk about it. We'll talk about it at the top of the hour. All right, we'll talk about it at the top of the hour, that's thirty minutes from right now. I think this, if what I'm hearing is true, all right, and I hear a lot of things. I've been in this industry for a while, a lot of people listen to this show in the industry, A lot of them, a lot of program directors listening right now in this moment. If what I hear is true, I honestly believe it will change radio forever, all right. Like I don't think that's too fine of a point to put on it. But we'll discuss that. We'll we'll talk about what's happening with the contract about thirty minutes here on the show. Right now, let's talk about the America two fifty concert. I think the concert part might be over. I think that one might be over because I see this. This was the first post we should talk about. The President said, I understand artists are getting quote the yips having to do with their performance on Wednesday. That's what the concert is Wednesday. It can't be right. He did say wednesday, though he said wednesday. Does he mean like, is it this coming Wednesday? I thought it would be fourth of July?
Speaker 1: No? Maybe, well is it not? No?
Speaker 3: America is back rally on Wednesday, he says, towards the end of that, yeah, yeah, yeah, So I think I think it's not like aligned with the fourth of July obviously, but Trump says, I understand artists are getting the yips, which I've believe leave me alone on this one. I believe that the yips is a thing you get in baseball where all of a sudden, your pitching kind of just goes a little wonky, and they call it the yips when a pitcher gets this. And I've heard about it in golf. A lot of people talk about the yips, golfers getting the yips.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe it's a golf thing and not a baseball thing.
Speaker 2: I understand artists are getting the yips having to do with their performance on Wednesday. So I'm thinking about bringing the number one attraction anywhere in the world. The man who gets much larger audiences than Elvis in his prime, and he does so without a guitar, the man who loves our country more than anyone else, and the man who some say is the greatest president in history. The goat, he says in all caps, Donald J. Trump, he says, of himself, to take the place of these highly paid third rate artists and give a major speech rallying the country forward, like I have done ever since becoming president.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna stop there.
Speaker 2: It's a weird move to choose people and invite them to perform at an event, and then when they get the yips or whatever, when they bow out, You're like, these are third rate losers. Well, you selected them. What gives I don't understand. You can't say that they're third rate losers. These are the people that you picked for the event. That doesn't make sense. I'm the so called artists and quotes that get paid far too much money. I never really like young Mick who aren't happy? He says, Yeah, you're not happy. Man, all right, you're not happy. Man, You're not You're not he says, And Sir Trump says, he continues here, two years ago the United States was dead. Now we have the hottest country anywhere in the world. I don't want so called artists that get paid far too much money who aren't happy.
Speaker 1: I want only people.
Speaker 2: I want to want to be surroirded about happy people, smart people, successful people, and people that know how to min win. So by copy of this truth, I am ordering my representatives to look at feasibly doing an America his Back rally on Wednesday in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Same time, the same location.
Speaker 2: Only great Patriots invited, so Sea Lane's not allowed to go.
Speaker 1: Oh, it will.
Speaker 2: Be a wild and beautiful celebration of America. But then I believe there was another post. Let me see truth. I thought there was another post where he was like, cancel it.
Speaker 1: We're done. We're canceling the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm unclear as to what's really gonna happen here. I mean, I really think maybe maybe this will just be whatever the hell is happening on Wednesday, and then everybody can have a really big deal for the fourth of July.
Speaker 3: He said, like a cancel it thing really quick, before pivoting to talking about the Kennedy Center. Okay, I have one quote that says cancel it, just like I canceled my involvement with the failing and unsafe to be in Kennedy Center.
Speaker 1: Where did he post.
Speaker 2: That, don't I don't see that one. I'll have to find it. Yeah, that's all. But he did say cancer. So now I don't know if we're doing it or not. And I still tell you this, this is sad. It's America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday. We need to get it together. We need to get everybody to come together and say that. You know, at the end of the day, we're all Americans. We were lucky enough many of us to spawn here, and our spawn point is a good one.
Speaker 1: And let's let's.
Speaker 2: Look out for the red, white, and Blue for the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of America. Now, ladies and gentlemen, here is Metallica. Yeah, you know, I'm really surprised, Like what nobody's called Lee Greenwood yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Lee, he's tired.
Speaker 2: He's old, and he's tired and he just can't do it anymore. But America's two fifty seems to be in shambles. It's not going well. I don't know why, but it just seems like that's the case right now. Let us know what you think and if you plan to celebrate in some way. I didn't know it was this Wednesday, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I were in any way involved with this event and all my people are dropping out a week before it, I would not be It would be a very stressful situation For me, I would think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would think so too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I was thinking what could it be when they signed the declaration of independence? But that wasn't until August second, So I mean, why June? Why June third? What what's the June third tie in? Then I'm missing there is there something else? Was that maybe when it was drafted or something. There must be some some day that this ties into in June fourth, eleventh of June to the fourth of July was when the independence was drafted. Fourth of July seventeen seventy six, obviously two hundred and fifty years ago. But yeah, I mean, this seems like something we got to get into order here. We got to let the non political people take the reins and get moving here. I think we need to fix this damn thing. Speaking to fix this damn thing, I will tell you that right now. Because it is June first, it's a free, clean scoreboard for gifters over in the neewschunky dot com.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I saw that during the break and I was like, wait, what happened to our score?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a new month, so it says no gifts yet this month. Nobody has gifted subs just yet, so you can get your name on that leaderboard as we kick off the month of June. I hope you do over there on the neewschunky dot com. Speaking of that, Oh god, dude, we have a lot of people respond so far to the show us.
Speaker 1: Your your home screen.
Speaker 2: Oh so we're gonna have to do some rounds of that here. Oh boy, yeah, there's there's a lot of all right, I got a seemingly endless scroll of these, but well we will start sorting through these with's the.
Speaker 1: Very rout of them in neck.
Speaker 3: Very easy one to participate in because anybody who has the app clearly has a home screen, so it's right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you have ween, we better see it on your home screen too. That'll be something that we read into here. I think, oh yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Going to get shamed if you show us your home screen in the news Junkie app is not on it.
Speaker 1: Let us know.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the first round of those and just a bit here. There was a sonic boom in the Boston area this weekend. Here was the rapport when it first came through. This event is a widely felt sonic boom from a suspected bowlide.
Speaker 1: I never heard of a bowl oide, know.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a little asteroid or something from a suspected bowlide. There was a widely felt sonic boom scaring everybody in Boston this weekend. A bowlide is an exceptionally I don't even know if we're saying that, right, is a bowlide a bolide, exceptionally bright medior that often explodes in the atmosphere. Okay, so it's a meteor and it causes sonic boom. Nobody knew what was happening. They thought there was some freaky going on. People are saying the ground was shaken in Boston. Unlike earthquake, which occur at a discrete location in the earth, sonic boom events occur along a linear path in the atmosphere. Therefore, the location provided is an approximation. While recorded on seismic sensors, traditional earthquake magnitudes are not appropriate for measuring atmospheric events. So they don't they don't tell you how how much of a shocker there was from the sonic boom in Boston this weekend. But people caught this on their cameras. This is inside somebody's house when their dog got scared because their blink camera recorded the moment this, this boom that rocked Boston took place. All right, that's actually pretty significant. This is just the security camera and you hear a rumble and then you hear a big boom, rumble.
Speaker 1: Shake, dog freaks out.
Speaker 2: That happened all over the city of Boston this weekend. And as I've told you many many times on this show, it's from a bowlid. I'm always telling you about the bow lides. Uh, gotta be careful. How is it that we've gone our whole lives and not heard this word. Oh, we're not smart, That's what it is. We are dummies. Once more, I did not know what a bowlide was, but it happened. A meteor exploded off the coast of Massachusetts. Footage captured from this home featured a dog being startled to buy the noise. Everybody is okay as far as I can tell. But if you were in the Boston area, tell us about your experience.
Speaker 1: If you had heard that at your house, what would you think it is? What would you.
Speaker 2: Think it was an earthquake? That's what I would think I would think that it was an earthquake if I like, rumbles and shakes are always earthquake to me, I might be wrong, but do earthquakes make noise? Just the rumble?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I feel like, are just experience an earthquake. You don't know what I'm talking about. You never heard like the hum of an earthquake. I've never been in an earthquake.
Speaker 3: And then like, I feel like any of the footage I see is just stuff shaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's well, it's shaking, but it's like shaking the foundation of your house. It's like it sounds like a didgeridoo. Honestly, an earthquake sounds like a Digiti dude one hundred Yeah, absolutely, experts will agree. I'm sure our quick break when we come back, we'll get into the first rate, my blanks.
Speaker 1: We'll take a look at your home screens.
Speaker 2: You can watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv Slash the news Junkie. We got to get in one of the weirdest stories of the weekend. We got hookers in Hopetown, updates my God, and I'll give you the reason at the top of the hour why I think radio could be on the verge of changing forever. As I have less than thirty days on my contract, timing just couldn't be better. That's coming up next on the news, Chunkie. All right, we have a little bit time here before the top of the hour. At the top of the hour, I'll tell you the latest on the contract. I've got less than thirty days in my contract. I ran into like three people last night and they're like, hey, man, did you sign a deal or what? Man, I'm freaking out, And I said, uh, I'll talk about it on Monday a little bit because a lot of people are asking. So I'll talk about that, and I'll talk about the thing that I heard. And of all the people in this industry, I probably got the most what do they call them, doves, ravens, little birdies in the most places. I've never heard it, ravens, crows, birds, I've got them in the right places. All right, So I will tell you something that I heard could be on the way, and the something that I heard that could be on the way will change radio forever. If this is absolutely truly going to happen, and I think it is. I think I think it possibly is. So that is one of the other things weighing on me as we have less than thirty days on a contract here at Iheartradium. Okay, I want to mention one thing real quick. This is an important thing without the without a shadow of a doubt, and I want to say thank you without she Missy, thank you for the five gifted subs, the five gifted Secret Shows subscriptions. To be clear, you can nab one of those, because there's only one of the five left at this very moment that I uttered these words. On the news junkie dot com or in the news Junkie app, you can claim your Secret Show subscription courtesy of Missy thank you for gifting those. You also can get on the clean scoreboard for June.
Speaker 3: I saw her on the scoreboard during the break and I was like, that looks like the loneliest little scoreboard is just Missy.
Speaker 1: Just a mile of one.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you folks the same thing I told the the folks listening during the break on school mic. You know, you can watch when the commercials are going on on YouTube and twitch dot tv. And if you're a Secret Show subscriber ad free, you can watch the completely ad free stream. If you're logged in on the news Junkie dot com. It's right there on the top when you're logged in. But I said, somebody pointed out the gifted subs thing, and I said, look, this is the most important thing for the future of this show, for the future of the news Junkie one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: It's two things.
Speaker 2: It's people who support the show by subscribing Secret Show subscribers. I made it easier than ever to sign up on the newsjunky dot com and easier than ever to sign up for Secret Shows this weekend. I put a lot of hours into making it a simple, steamless process because that's the future of the show. Those are the people that support us. So become a Secret Show subscriber, become a supporter, go premium over on the Newsjunki dot com. Those people are the future of this show, no matter what. Number two, all right, Number two is the the people who gift subs are incredibly important to the future of the show. Those gifted subscriptions get more people in the funnel, They get to check out Secret shows and all the access you get with it. When they get that access and started enjoying that, they go, hey, I think I might want to subscribe, and on and on eCos and that is how you, from within the bounds of corporate radio, set yourself up for the grand future and the great beyond. Okay, more about the great beyond at the top of the hour. As I said, okay, a couple of things I wanted to work in.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: This is a weird one from this weekend. I've never seen this happen, and I would be freaked out, but it's also unbelievably adorable. I saw this video go megaviral of skunks wandering around these people's neighborhood and they started filming it, and I was like, I was with, this was my house, What do you do here? What do you even do? Let's take a peek at this. You can watch over on YouTube and twitch. Of course, I'll describe it for everybody else. These skunks are making a move.
Speaker 1: Five No, they can't. They can't sit up, they can't go.
Speaker 2: First of all, so adorable, and second of all, they were trying to count them four or five. I think there's like six or seven of these things. I'm trying to I'm trying to look for tails a lot of them, Like there's a whole bunch of them all in a line. They're all the whole family of skunks is in a line. Have you ever had a skunk at your house? Sea Lion, I've never seen a skunk at my house. I think I've only seen a skunk in the wild one time I was at Martha's vineyard. I've ever seen one. Like, I don't even know what to do if I was coming up to your garages. There's something you should do. Well, don't piss it off?
Speaker 1: I spray right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And now so I guess I know the answer to my first question. You've never been sprayed by a skunk because you never seen one? You know what.
Speaker 2: To do if you get sprayed by a skunk. I think you're supposed to. You got to clean up, obviously, get the skunk smell off you. But I don't I is it tomatoes or something? Is one thing I've heard.
Speaker 3: Like the old like the remedy that people knew, like that you you heard as a kid, was you're supposed to take a bath and tomato juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I would want to stay away from these things, but they're so cute, these old guys.
Speaker 1: No, they can't they can't sit up.
Speaker 6: They can't you taking this?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, shut it. You're gonna shut the gruage. Shut the garage, Shut the garage. She Oh my god, no way. They went it to some person's garage. I think it might be their garage. You do, now, you got to eight skunks in the garage.
Speaker 2: Somebody says, that's a big myths propagated by big Tomato.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is tomatoes.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought it was a tomato soup thing or something. I don't know what you're supposed to do, but it was so freaking adorable. I'm gonna put this up on see it now. Let me try to get a good shot here of the whole little skunk fan.
Speaker 1: Oh god. What to do immediately?
Speaker 3: If you are a petter unluckily targeted, do not panic, but follow these rapid decontamination steps. First of all, stay outside. Don't walk into your house, or the oily odor will permanently transfer to your furniture, rugs and air vents. I'm sorry, did you say permanently?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is something that could be a permanent problem for you, all right, that's kind of shocking.
Speaker 3: If your eyes are burning, flush them immediately. With large amounts of cool, clean water. Mix an oxidation solution according to the Humane Society formula hosted on Terminix, combined one quart of three percent hydrogen peroxide, a quarter cup of baking soda, and one teaspoon of liquid dish soap. Okay, wash and rinse. Lather this fresh solution generously over your skin and hair. Skip the tomato juice. Banish the urban legend tomato juice or sauce only temporarily masks the odor rather than breaking down the oil.
Speaker 1: Oh so it is a myth, Yeah, it actually is.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm gonna put this up on see it now so you guys can take a peek at that secret shows. Subscribers, by the way, see the endless archive. Every single post. There's no window for you where you can to see it now in trees for everybody else, you get like twenty four hours or whatever, forty eight hours or something before the window shuts and then you can't see those anymore. But yeah, it's crazy. Go look at that video. Tell us if you've ever encountered these skunks like this, and what you do.
Speaker 1: If that's the case.
Speaker 2: That's not even the weird story I wanted to get to there's a story that's absolutely bizarre that we have to touch on here at some point. Hookers in Hopetown, Joe Rogan to sixty minutes. What the hell, There's a lot coming up, but first, let's talk about Amy Kay's pulling triple duty this morning. They took her right off of returning from vacation. Uh huh and work more. Yeah, they're making her pull a double today, so she'll maybe join us at another time. But when we come back, we'll talk about I've got thirty days left in the contract, so I have an update for you, and also the thing that I'm hearing through the grapevine that could change radio forever. I'll explain, We'll see what you think about it. We'll all kind of digest it together, because that is coming up next on the news junk key. All right, here we are feeling I'm staring down the barrel of a gun.
Speaker 1: For God's sake, you know, it's a little dramatic.
Speaker 2: My contract ends on June thirtieth, and that will be the end of my contractual obligations with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: We are in an.
Speaker 2: Unbelievably strange and interesting time in this industry and I've been lucky enough to be consistently employed in this industry for going on well, how like twenty five years now, I guess, yeah, the twenty five years quarter of a century, baby. People have been paying me at least a couple of shekels to stand behind one of these microphones and talking to it a little bit. And I've worked at stations all over the place, and you've heard the stories about that. Over the years. I've met a lot of people in radio. I've met a lot of people on the high end of radio. I was taught by a lot of people on the high end of radio. I was taught by people like Kevin Metheni, who some of you might know or you've heard of, or you've seen him portrayed in a movie, A very very interesting cat man who was a worker through and through, died at his desk working at KGEO in San Francisco, California, talk radio Titan. The world have spoken word broadcasting. And it's not just because he had nice things to say about me, right, not just because Kevin Methani had nice things to say about me. Something about Sean is the future of the spoken word format. You know, these sorts of things. It's not it's weird that we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't go back to him and confirm that he did, in fact say that you're convenient for you. That we can't confirm with Kevin Matheeni because he's no longer with us, that he said you're the future of spoken word.
Speaker 2: You know why he said that about me? You know, I respected me because he was a mentor.
Speaker 1: Kicked in.
Speaker 2: He tried to get me to say w NBC, and then I refused. I said no, no, I won't do I should have tried that method.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not imagine the level of success I would have had, so I suppose it myself.
Speaker 2: Long story short, I know I know a lot of people in the industry, and I'm you know, thankful that I've been able to have a pretty fun career so far. But now I feel like I'm on the precipice of where I can break it full speed ahead, or I have to go in another direction, or I need another company that's going to show me more support than iHeartRadio has shown me over the last ten years or so. And it's not to say they've shown me none, because they've certainly put a lot of faith in the show. They say nice things to see Landing myself all the time about the show.
Speaker 1: They're very very they're very very supportive.
Speaker 2: In fact, some of the most flattering things that we've been told about this show are things from people who are in the industry. There's a guy one time who they aired the show in a great time slot, but they also put the show on another time slot, and we're like, why are you doing this in two timeslots? And the guy was like, because that's when I drive home and I want to make sure I can hear the show.
Speaker 1: Flex. I'm like a lot of flex. I loved that, dude.
Speaker 2: This is like in the industry, a program director keeping some kind of praise on you like that. Those are the reasons why I wake up in the morning, you know, that is what I'm doing all of this for. I love the stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm the last one who does who who wakes up and just eats and breathes this stuff. But I love it and I want to I want to see if I can take this as far as I possibly can. So Usually, in radio, as you've probably heard me say before, at least at iHeartRadio, you have a deal where with one year left on your contract, they make your next deal. They do not let people go to the finish line like this. It doesn't happen. They generally speaking, are signing deals or extending deals, as you may have noticed Sea Led, when people have one year left, they're like, oh, we're kicking in the contractual extension, you know, bob blah blah blah blah. And then they run it, run it down the line as far as they can. And in this case, I have less than thirty days on my contract, and I will not work without a contract. They asked me to do this before, when I was at another time slot. They've asked me to do this previously in my history. I don't care. I mean, at this point, I've got enough money in the bank that if I didn't work for a little while and I was waiting for a deal to wrap up with one of the competitors, that would be a okay.
Speaker 1: I'd be doing just fine.
Speaker 2: But by the way, Live Trivia ain't coming back, all right, Live Trivia ain't coming back for any Just stop that, please.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm an old code a reno here, that's what he calls himself. Guys, he calls himself cod reno.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: I said, I said, maybe Apple knows a good cod reino. When they say that, I didn't say, I when they see them. And I said, I'm I'm the top coderino, but I am the top coderina just for the record.
Speaker 1: All right, So fair enough.
Speaker 2: So I have less than thirty days on the contract. And I told you that they had asked me to do a call last week, which they did, and I said, okay, I agree, and I was on the phone with the suits and all of a sudden, the whole deal fell apart. The whole deal seemed to start crumbling. I was like, I thought we were at the finish line. They literally told me, Sean, we're at the finish line. The duits literally told me, Sean, we've got it there, We're at the finish line.
Speaker 1: I said, okay, well that sounds sort of promising.
Speaker 2: And then during the phone call, was like, well, we actually aren't doing this, this, this, and this, and I'm like, this is everything I'm asking for. So I told you last week, if you were paying any attention, that I was going to respond to the suit's email with one final email. And if they want to agree to what I'm asking for, Fine, we have a deal. If not, the pirate ship sales out into the bay and we find out what's next.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And I did hear back, Actually I did hear back from the suits at iHeartRadio this weekend, and they said, I, you know, they gave me a promising update. All right, they gave me a promising update. I have not responded because I'm not responding anymore. Hit me when you agree to the things that I've asked for in this email, and those things are that you show this show the respect that I think it deserves, and that you go with my plan to move things forward and blow this up as big as we possibly can. And it looks like there may be some movement on that I expect to hear within the next two weeks whether they're going to give the thumbs up or thumbs down on this ultimatum that I've given the suits at iHeartRadio. And if they do it, then it's going to be a huge, explosive final run for the show on traditional broadcast. And if they well, I'm not doing this for a giant corporation forever. Like I said, the future of this show is our secret show subscribers, the people who support us Selane through these other elements and ways like gifting, subscriptions and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the future of the show.
Speaker 2: That's how you get the most independence and you create the best product in the long term. But but you know, you gotta if you really want to grab it, if you really want to grab the crown and hold on to it, you got to utilize the existing infrastructure before it all crumbles, and you have to get in front of as many ears and eyes as you can. And that to me right now means with radio where it is, getting in front of it as many people out on as many stations as we possibly can in the great final Hurrah, you know, the big run up to the finish line before we explode and kind of do this on our own somewhere. So that's what the questions are all about. I've given them the ultimatum I expect to possibly I would expect to hear back from them in the next two weeks, and at that point in time, I'll do a last announcement of either we have a deal and here's what the deal is, and here's what the plans are, and I'll just give you guys, a state of the Union sort of for the news junkies.
Speaker 1: Just read the whole thing. Just read boss, go No, that's not the state of the Unit, all right, I know it's Stattysburg. I guess this is why it's true. Man, that's true. It's true.
Speaker 2: So here's here's the other thing that's got me, that's got me swinging a little bit. I, as I said, have a lot of birdies in the radio industry, and I have heard something that I think it could happen, could could has a decent chance of happening and will forever impact not just talk radio, but radio as a whole. And if you care about radio at all, this is going to impact you in some way.
Speaker 1: All Right.
Speaker 2: The thing that I'm hearing is that there's kind of a lot to the conversations that are going on between this very big it's the biggest, it's the biggest name in podcasting and radio. iHeart Radio aka iHeart Media. There are some really really big discussions legitimately going on between iHeartMedia and Serious XM. All right, we knew that that was kind of happening. There was some rumors, we got some emails internally about like, hey, guys, everything's doing okay, everything's fun. But even though there's there's talks of this stalling a little bit. In the past couple of weeks, I have heard that these conversations are very much serious. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Serious.
Speaker 2: Second, and here is what I have heard that really makes me wary about the suits. That makes me wary about the industry and the future of radio in general. What I hear is there's an issue with this deal and if SERRIOUSXM closes on what they're looking to do and merges with iHeartRadio, they immediately want.
Speaker 1: To sell off all the radio stations, all right.
Speaker 2: That is the big talk of town is that Serious wants the podcast side of iHeart Radio slash iHeart Media, and isn't really that much interested in these sticks as they call them in the industry, these stations, these radio stations that you know and love and that you that you've you've grown up with and listened to maybe your whole life, like this fine radio station referring to the tower of the broadcast, the signal.
Speaker 1: I think when people say sticks, yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: So the rumor that's floating around is that if there was a merger between these two companies, they would want to immediately sell off all of the radio stations.
Speaker 1: Which could be good and it could be bad.
Speaker 2: It could be good because that would allow for a lot more competition in the radio landscape.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That would allow for the companies to gobble up a couple here and a couple there, and then more companies pop in. And it's not just you know, iHeartRadio and Cox and the big companies that are out there that that throw these deals at people. It would mean that there are more options and more opportunities, but it could also mean a little bit of chaos. So if your plan is like, hey, here's the stations that I'm on, here's the future that I'm relying on, here's what I'm depending on for the next X amount of years, and then you don't even know if all these stations are going to be sold off, there's the kicker. All right, that's the thing. Now, I'll tell you I'm not being secretive about this. My plan is to ride the wave like the Humunga calabunga from down und all right, A couple of you will know what that is. There's a cheesy surfing movie where the guy surfs the biggest wave in the world and he calls it the Humonga Calabunga from So Bad So so I on his surfout on the biggest wave possible, getting in front of as many people on as many iHeartRadio stations as we possibly can.
Speaker 1: And that way, when we moved.
Speaker 2: To a more independent forum of this, then we can have the most people coming along with us. You can't just start a podcast out of nowhere and get a huge audience. You have to build them up and you have to have a way to get to those people. So you've seen me working at that. You know, we haven't talked much about it, you and I, but we've seen You've seen me working at that over the last ten, twelve, fourteen years.
Speaker 1: And now we're at this precipice.
Speaker 2: We're at this moment where we have a lot of uncertainty in the industry, a lot of uncertainty about the future of radio, a lot of uncertainty about the future of the format, a lot of uncertainty about the company, a lot of uncertainty about where all of this goes. But I don't know, it's kind of exciting in a way. It would be for you, It would be for you, yeah, yeah, So I don't know. I mean, there's so much that is up in the air right now, and I just wanted to let you know where this was all sort of heading, and that's the direction that it's heading in. So I don't know what we'll hear from iHeart in the next two weeks, but if we do hear something, I'll let you know. If independent is the route, I'll let you know. We'll see. And I appreciate all the support. I appreciate all of you who are going to the next level of being a Secret Show subscriber. I appreciate all of that, and the gifted subs and all just drastically has changed the game around here. I've had a lot of fun in the last couple of months in particular, and I think we're doing some pretty good radio. I think we're putting out some pretty good content. And the numbers certainly suggests to iHeartMedia that or iHeartRadio that that is happening.
Speaker 1: So there you go. That's sort of what's going on.
Speaker 2: That's the industry buzz, that's the talk out there that nobody else is going to tell you about. That's the uncertainty in which we find ours And we'll see what happens over the next two weeks. Hang out with us if you don't mind quick break. By the way, Amy Kaufel will be back with us next Monday. She is pulling double duty today and just working her ass off. Just got back from vacation and they go straight back in get into it when we come back.
Speaker 1: We have so much more to get through.
Speaker 2: There is a new technology that is the worst idea in the world, that's dangerous.
Speaker 1: For all of us.
Speaker 2: We have to talk about We have to talk about this, this huge lego drama that's exploding online. And the weirdest story of the week, I swear to you, the weirdest story of the.
Speaker 1: Week that is coming up next in the news.
Speaker 7: Chunky.
Speaker 2: Somebody is saying, and I've gotten a emails suggesting this too, Like, Hey, Sean, you should buy one of these radio stations. Yes, if this big rumor is true that you're talking about, you should buy one of these radio stations. I'm like, Okay, let me tell you a little some if they sell off any any radio station that we're on. Okay, these radio stations are probably worth twenty five to fifty million dollars, at least many of them.
Speaker 1: Are worth even more than that.
Speaker 2: These are very expensive one hundred thousand watt clear channel radio stations. Not clear channel as in the company, clear channel as in the technology. These are big sticks, as they say in the radio industry. I am buying a radio station in twenty twenty six, all right, not happening, not going to be a thing. Not no, Not on the horred there's twenty five to fifty to more million dollars. There are a lot of people out there that have that money to throw out around, that will do it. That that would gobble up a bunch of these stations if every single one of them went on the market real quickly. A lot of geniuses out there, a lot a lot of people with some some bankroll, a lot of Randy Michaels type characters out there, love that guy, A lot of those people out in the mix.
Speaker 1: But that ain't me. That ain't that ain't That's not my path forward.
Speaker 2: I've already laid out a little bit of what my strategy is, I think, and if you missed that, go back on the podcast available after the show at the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, so think in your head of the the poster board that Kevin McAllister draws all of his plans on that's that's that's a lot like what Sean strategy looks like.
Speaker 2: It's all in kram like we do this and then we do this, and then we take over the world.
Speaker 1: All rightfen gifted subject backwards.
Speaker 2: I wanted to share this story with you because it's absolutely utely crazy. But and I have so many theories on what's going on here, but I have to tell you first, really quickly. Janine with a five gifted subscriptions at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Janine.
Speaker 2: Also thinking to Ardnis with five gifted subscriptions to secret shows and Lovely Lolita with five gifted subscriptions. All of them gone gobblegobblegobble. They ate them all up just like that. And hopefully your next we'll see what's going on now to the question to the video that I don't know what to make of, I don't know what's going on here, and I'm interested in your theories. In New York City over the weekend you might have heard of it New Yoshity, there was multiple videos of people climbing out of the sewers like the Ninja Turtles, or something. And these people they went in and they had like headlamps on and they were like a whole crew of them and then they went out. Then they got out of the sewers. Here's some example footage for those of you watching on YouTube. I'll put it up on see it now as well on the website of the app. Here they are climbing out center of the road. This guy just pops up and the center of the road pushes the manhold to the side and people are just climbing out of the ground. No big whoop. Here we go. They're carrying a couple of things with him. There's a third person climbing out.
Speaker 1: That's a shoful.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. It got some like some minor equipment with them. But they're not construction workers. They're not like some kind of official workers.
Speaker 1: Okay, they crowd out. This guy crawled that when a car was almost driving over his head that was got extremely close to his head. There's another person. Five.
Speaker 2: Now we got five people that are are crawling out of this barbecue. Baby on YouTube says people have been living in the underground network of New York City for a long time. These people aren't living in there they have headlamps on and stuff. They must have been in there for a reason. There's something going on.
Speaker 3: They're going exploring some people, I think some of the subway enthusiasts, you know, people that are big fans of the Metro subway system and how it works and how it was built. It's a fascinating thing. It is a deep dive that I could go on and waste a lot of time on because I just find the whole thing very, very fascinating. There are people who are that much into it that they try to go find abandoned subway stations, like old stations that were either never finished or closed off because they change routes and stuff. And I've seen YouTube videos where guys like, I think it's right down here if I just open this manhole and go down this way.
Speaker 1: But what do you do.
Speaker 2: They're looking for treasure down there. They're going to take pictures. They're looking to you think of like like urbex you know, like urban exploring. Somebody said, did they put the manhole back? I think they did slide the manhole back at the last moment so nobody else falls down to like that lady last.
Speaker 3: Week, Well that's what I was worried about because I thought only like three people had climbed out of this thing. And they're like, they just left the manhole off and another person's gonna fall and die. And I didn't know there were six more people crawling out of the sewer here. No, no, it's crazy. And I also have to tell you, hold on, where is the moment. I'm gonna get a screenshot here of this moment here, and this is when a guy almost gets hit by a car as he's popping out of the manhole.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put this video up on see it now. But it's not just one video. It happened all over New York City this weekend.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Here's another example, and this is Brooklyn manhole mystery. Brooklyn sewer mystery. The New York Police Department NYPD is investigating after several people were filmed emerging from sewers in Brooklyn and Williamsburg. They changed out of dirty, dirty clothing and they left in waiting vehicles.
Speaker 1: No arrests have been made.
Speaker 2: And here's the second video here, and it's a different manhole here in the street. And like again, like the Ninja Turtles, the light pops up you know, they got like a headlamp pops up and like little cartoon characters, they come out of the ground through the manhole and then one by one they make their way wherever. This is a different intersection than the last one. These This was happening all over this city of New York. New York City had people just pop it out of the ground.
Speaker 1: Kurt says, just a little metro splunking. Mind your business. It's very weird.
Speaker 2: Somebody say, are they looking for treasure? What are they looking for? It's almost as good as you remember the video of the Jewish guy coming out of the ground. Oh my god, coming out of ground. I don't know if I'll be able to find this. This happened during the pandemic or something. There was this like Jewish dude with like the locks, the curls, you know, Hasidic style.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, how do you know he's Jewish? Yeah? Yeah, And I don't know if I'll be able to find it.
Speaker 3: But like he just was popping out of the I wanted to sign to be a little more comical than that, Like I like, he pops out of the sewer.
Speaker 1: O may I found it? I about it? Okay? I remember this guy.
Speaker 3: Oh and they used the uh was that among us sound?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he pops out of the sewer and he's like behind a paper box. I don't know what all these people are doing under there? What's going on New York City?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: What is happening? Some people are saying illegal immigrants. I don't think so. I think that there's people. I think they're looking for something. I think they're wandering around down there looking for something. That's why they got those little minor lights on their heads, like strapped around their foreheads. Eighteen No, my minor M I N E R. I think is what I'm looking for. But so there you go. I'm putting that up on See It Now so you could take a peek and tell us what think about this, give us your thoughts all the rest. I was very very interested to see these videos, and I want to know what the story is. But people popping up in New York City manholes is what I'll put for a title. And we'll get that up for you and See it Now. Secret Show subscribers have a never ending access portal to all of these see it Now posts. You have about twenty four hours to check it out. Right now over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, we are well, Actually we haven't haven't done any dispatches, and I want to get at least one or two in now, and then we have to do rate my Blank because there's so many of you who have sent in your rate my blank, which is you know, rate my home screen on on the app. Well, I have to put a side a segment in a little while where we can see what we can read into you and your personalities by the submission. So keep those coming in, keep your rate my blanks coming in, your home screens on your phone, send those in ever at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: I want to take a peek at what you got.
Speaker 2: This is also, by the way, a little bit of a test for the app and for the website to see which devices all the photo dispatches and all that stuff work on. But we appreciate it greatly, so go check that out over at the news Junkie dot com. I want to see what Bart versus Bill Gates Gates has to say, but that's still coming in. Here is John the Exterminator talking about why the two hundred fiftieth anniversary is scheduled for Wednesday this week in June.
Speaker 8: Hello, as crazy as it sounds, the reason why the two hundred and fiftieth Anniversary of America is happening in June coincidentally, that's when Trump's birthday is happening. And last time Trump held a parade on his birthday saying it was for America, it was a big nothing burger.
Speaker 1: Nothing weird going on. No, I'm not saying anything weird's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, if we're going to do the two undred and fiftieth anniversary of the United States of America, I would have thought we would do a big, giant event on the fourth of July, and then on the fourth of July, everybody would come together and it wouldn't be political or anything, and we'd celebrate with great American musicians and just a good American nationwide cookout and something to bring us all together. I think that would be fantastic, But I don't know. Here's Bart versus Bill Gates on the tunnel situation.
Speaker 9: Hey guys talking about the manhole cave dwelling people. It's like what Seelane said, it's probably just Herbex explorers going under the tunnels in New York's case, probably viewing a bunch of like abandoned subway tunnels. But I watch a bunch of people on YouTube that do this in England and they always find like old bomb shelters or just old unused tunnels. They even take their boats sometimes there's like all these like river systems that run underneath the city, and they take their boat underneath through the tunnels and it's pretty cool. They even We'll get out, crawl up the manholes and then go grab something to eat, then crawl back down and there continue exploring healthy Anyways, have a good show, guys.
Speaker 2: Manhole body and your man hold dirty hands, and then you're going back out to eat a little disgusting in my opinion. But here's what we're gonna do quick break. When we come back, we got the hot sheet on the way. We'll see what's going on there. We got more of your dispatches. We will queue up in the second half of the show. Rate my blank and see what our submissions look like. So far, we got a lot for you. It's a busy Monday, and we roll on. That's coming up next on the news Chunkie. We'll get to the hot sheet here in just a moment on the show. I have a story, but I'm now becoming smarter. I'm evolving. I'm becoming smarter because I saw that the story was about something that happened on a plane, and then I was that. My brain started to go and I go, well, how do I I just won't do the story. I was like, I'll take away all the plane related stories from people. If you guys want to start spamming the plane emote and emoji to play the song, yeah, that would stop that from happening. To cut it away and take it from people. There they go, all right, the plane emojis are firing up in chat. I didn't even talk about the story. But I'm talking about talking about the story. I'm not even to it. I'm not even at that spot right now, So I don't think that counts. But a United flight headed into.
Speaker 1: Story. As long as it flies as you, I guess we're back on the land. Here we go.
Speaker 2: United flight heading to Spain turned around and returned to Newark, New Jersey due to a potential security concern, the airline, said. A TikTok user a board flight two thirty six said the crew was alerted to a Bluetooth network labeled as bomb.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Once again, another Bluetooth network labeled as bomb turned this flight around. It had departed from Newark Liberty International Airport en route to Spain, and then mid flight it turns back. Let me tell you something. If I'm on a let's say seven hour flight. If I'm on a seven hour flight to Spain from the United States of America, and on my seven or eight hour flight four hours in, if your little monster demon spawn thinks it's funny to name his Wi Fi or blue tooth bomb and then bomb bomb bomb bomb bomba bomb, the plane turns around because of the Bluetooth network name, and we drive all the way, fly all the way back. Here's the United States of America eight hours for nothing. I'm strangling with your kid. Where were they when they found this Bluetooth device? Because I read the way there so over the ocean?
Speaker 3: Then yeah, yeah, because I read a comment that was like, and maybe I don't have the map right in my head, but it was like, why if you thought that this could be a bomb, would you not just emergency land at the nearest airport. Why would you turn around and go all the way back to Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess, especially if you're halfway there, you're like, you're just as either way, you're just as dangerous. Yeah, I would be making logical arguments on this plane ceiling. I would be standing up to be like, technically, ladies and gentlemen, we are in just as much danger if we keep going to our destination as if we head back.
Speaker 1: To where we came from. So we should keep going.
Speaker 7: And the people will be like, yes, right, this.
Speaker 1: Is your brave heart moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that guy's right, whatever his name, The ugly guy's right way, Hey, wait, what the hell something like that. All right, here we go. Let's do it. Let's do the hot sheets.
Speaker 1: News, but not like important news. That's again reporting on the planet.
Speaker 10: The top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the Hot sheet with sea La.
Speaker 2: That's right, the top five stories in heaven and Earth.
Speaker 1: The nonsense news is here. Thank you to.
Speaker 3: Everybody who listened or who watched the Hot Sheet on Friday and noticed me screwing.
Speaker 1: With Josh in the background.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell if Josh was just being professional or if he just didn't realize anything was happening.
Speaker 2: You Adam until I think, like the close to the last hour of the show, he's like, Oh, what the heck's going on here? I noticed that the sign behind him on the live stream was being surreptitiously changed by Selane.
Speaker 3: My mother was sitting next to me on the train when I was doing that, and she thought it was the most hilarious thing. Just all of a sudden, it switches to Josh as a tool good times, get them sane, not so good times. Over the weekend, though, a couple of deaths in the news, like like at least three. One of them was from this band, Oh Oh, Casey and the sun Shoe. This is brick House by the commodore That's right. One of the founding members and basis for the sole band, the Commodorees has died. His daughter, who is a music producer named Soriah Lapride, shared the sad news on social media Saturday, said, our father, Ronald Laprede has passed away. He was the basis for the Commodore's So and I liked the headline that somebody wrote. They said, this guy will definitely not be playing at the America two fifty concert.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: Comodor has had recently pulled out of that event. The musician, originally from Alabama, played on eleven of the group's album and contributed to hits such as Brick House, which just heard three Times a Lady and Easy also dead. Matt Brown of Alaskan Bush People, Now, I have not seen Alaskan Bush People, But have you perused that show?
Speaker 2: I've heard of it, but I'm with you, I have not actually seen it at all.
Speaker 1: The Star, it says star, I never know. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can never tell if people are being serious when they use the word star anymore because it's so overused. The Star was found dead at forty two. His brother said Matt had a history of addiction had become estranged from his family. He appeared on early seasons of the reality show, but stepped away to enter rehab. They had to pull them out of a river and also rip in this one.
Speaker 8: Sad.
Speaker 1: I hate to hear it.
Speaker 3: I hate to hear when they do this, because they said just days shy of his one hundredth birthday.
Speaker 2: Joe Negree Negree Yeah, known to many with in Pittsburgh as Handyman Negree on Mister Rogers neighborhood. Mister Rogers Handyman dead at ninety nine. He almost made it right there, up to the finish line, almost.
Speaker 3: To his hundredth birthday. But rest in peace, Rappy, it's your birthday friend. How are you doing? Rapper Boozy Badass is in a bit of trouble. He's been hit with a felony assault charge. They said he hit a bouncer at a club with the base of a hookah, which sounds like it would absolutely hurt. Badass is a lawyer, Carl Carl Mortels TMC. We planned vigorously investigate and defend mister Hatch, the real name of mister Boozy Badass. We wish everyone would reserve any judgment and allow the case to play out in court. The Houston Police Department says security guard Edward Eigelheart was clearing out the club at closing time on May twenty fourth when he got into it with a female patron who wanted to use the bathroom. Iigohart claims the patron elbowed him in the face when he told her she couldn't use the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then they said he turned around and saw Boozy holding a broken glass Guoka Bass and believe the rapper smashed it over his head. Damn Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: I meant to play her song. Oh okay, I know one. It's cappuccino or something. It's espresso, espressoh yeah, okay, yeah, she's.
Speaker 1: A little girl. Oh gosh, it's the one stupid. He's got the iHeart provo on it.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up as Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what she sounds like us, except she's been saying that to a judge because she's seeking court ordered protection from a man she says showed up to her home less than twenty four hours after being arrested for allegedly trying to enter her front door. How is this man not already under some sort of court order protection? If you were trying to enter Sabrina Carpenter's front door, you got arrested for doing that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: She has to fight for the like clearly, everybody with a brain knows that there's a massive problem here.
Speaker 3: The Singers legal team b lined it to court Friday and filed a petition for a restraining order against the thirty one year old man named William Applegate. Sabrina claims Applegate showed up to her La home on May twenty third, unannounced and uninvited. She said it was clear to her that his approach was deliberate, calculated, and aggressive, which is deeply alarming. The filing includes photos from Sabrina Carpenter's ring doorbell camera showing the man at her front door.
Speaker 2: Look at that, just like you and I. Yeah, she's got the same kind of celebrities. You know, they're just like us ring doorbell cameras. It is kind of weird that Sabrina Carpenter would have the same doorbell camera that I had.
Speaker 1: That's how it is for cell phones too.
Speaker 2: Even the most famous, richest people, Bezos has like the same cell phone as Hobo's.
Speaker 1: That's craziness. And then this guy right.
Speaker 3: Here, you're probably the Upstammit, the Sabrina Carpenter got this guy right here, You're not going to get this. So it's Morgan Wallen. Wallen, country singer. He had a little bit of a breakdown on stage Friday night at his concert.
Speaker 1: He he did what.
Speaker 2: Some people in the business like to call.
Speaker 1: Pulling a Billy Joel.
Speaker 3: Video shows Wallen singing his songs sand in My Boots on the piano during his concert in Denver, Colorado, when he appears to become frustrated with some technical difficulties, he takes the microphone and tells the crowd he's just gonna sing a cappella. The crowd erupts in cheers as Wallen finishes the song, and when it's over, he flipped the piano over on stage, just like flipped it over. We call that a billy joel sometimes he did that. He did that in Russia. He got really pissed off that they were broke piano lighting the crowd.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Somebody on the comment section said, well, at least he didn't follow throw it off of a roof so well, which Morgan Wallen has been known to do.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's new music Monday.
Speaker 3: Let's check out what's happening on your various streaming apps. We like iHeartRadio if you you particularly have that one for your streaming.
Speaker 1: And the new album's coming out.
Speaker 3: Paul McCartney's got this one that he's been doing the whole press store for the Boys of Dungeon Lane, his first solo studio released in over five years, with a guest appearance from Mister Ringo Starr Kurt Vile, Philadelphia has been good to Me. Violetrole Yes, oh, Dave Grohl's daughter, Dave Girl's daughter. Her debut full length project produced by Justin Raisin Be Sweet to Me, released by Violet Role. Hey, if you have a mortgage and that rate has a seven or eight in front of.
Speaker 2: It, time for a refi. You're paying too much and mortgage rates are headed down, They're at nearly three year lows, and that mortgage guy Don wants to help you save some money. You want to save money, right, everybody could use that. So what you do is, if you have a quote, you go to that mortgage guy don dot com, compare your quote using the Compare Quote calculator and he'll review it see if he can.
Speaker 1: Save you some money.
Speaker 3: A lot of times he can follow him on social media and visit him at that mortgage guy Don dot.
Speaker 2: Com dot com. Thank you, Sea Lane quick break. When we come back, we'll take a look. We have so many of these rate my blanks for a Monday today, it's rate my home screen. We want to see what we can learn about you from your smartphone home screens, and I've got so many of these. We'll try to read into these people's brains, in their worlds and see what we.
Speaker 1: Can learn about them.
Speaker 2: Plus, there's somebody who wants to get into your home, and I am telling you this company, do not let them in.
Speaker 1: This is insanity.
Speaker 2: People are so they're so worried about trying to get the best free thing they possibly can, they don't even consider who they're letting into.
Speaker 1: Their home for free.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what's going on and protect you from this a little bit because that is coming up next on the news Junkie. Okay, I have a huge question for you. Then I want to get in to rate my blank what we're doing for today. The question is would you let these people in your house? This is a crazy, crazy thing, but it's real, all right. A company just launched in New York City and it's going to be spreading hopefully across the country. This company wants to go into your house. Now, the only question I have for you is are you going to let them in your house?
Speaker 1: Why do they want to go in my house? Sean?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll answer your question now that you've asked it. This company wants to go in your house and clean. They want to clean your house, They want to clean your dishes. They want to clean all right, they want to clean things up. They want to do some other stuff as well. But here's the kicker. When you let this company in and they clean your house or do your dishes or do whatever around the house, it's free.
Speaker 1: You don't have to pay them a dime, not a thing, not even a red scent at all. What's the catch.
Speaker 2: The catch is, well, I believe they're using it to teach Ai. They're using it to teach Ai how to do these chores, how to clean houses, how to do the dishes. They have to learn it somewhere. They want to go to different environments. So they want to go to your house and learn through somebody doing the work of cleaning your dishes or cleaning your house. They want to teach the Ai that, which is the value that they're getting out of it. But you'll be letting them in your house and you don't have to pay anything.
Speaker 1: Are you letting them in? Sea Leang? No? No? See this is crazy to me, But everybody said no, eving way, no way.
Speaker 2: I'm like you, guys, someone will clean your house for free, and you're saying that. They're all saying no, they're all saying, no, here's the company.
Speaker 1: How good a job are we talking? Well, let's find out.
Speaker 2: I've got to I'll play the ad for them in a second so we can all listen to it together. It's a company called Shift, and here's their launch today. We're launching Shift. It says, we start by cleaning your apartment in New York City for free.
Speaker 1: And here's how it works. You book a shift cleaning.
Speaker 2: A vetted Shift operator comes to your home wearing one of our devices, They clean, they leave, You pay nothing.
Speaker 1: That's it simple as that.
Speaker 2: You invite this person to come to your house, they clean your house, and you don't pay a dime. The only toss up is that they're teaching AI while they're doing it.
Speaker 1: In exchange, they say, we record the cleaning.
Speaker 2: Robotics is being built on data and how people do daily tasks, and the value of that recording is what funds the service. Anything personal in it is anonymized before the recording is processed.
Speaker 3: By now you have a family portrait on the wall, it's gonna draw happy faces over it.
Speaker 1: Or if you believe them, that's what they're claiming.
Speaker 2: By now, now you've heard about the Shift to AI more times than you can count about the shift toward you, the part where you actually feel it. You have heard almost nothing. They say this company Shift continues. They say, Shift is what starts to make it concrete in specific cities with specific services. Now here's the game changer for all of us. Today we're cleaning in New York. Soon we're offering handymen, repairs and errands across the country. This is just one side of SHIFT, with more on the way. And they launched this to eight point two million views with the video showing how they're going to do all of these things. You got a TV that needs to be hung, They're going to send somebody who's going to do it for free.
Speaker 1: You got a pressure.
Speaker 2: Clean that needs to be done on your driveway, They're going to send somebody out. They're going to pressure clean your driveway and it's free. The only hitch is that they will be teaching AI.
Speaker 1: How to do this job moving forward.
Speaker 3: I'll go for that, the pressure cleaning my driveway, so don't go inside. Rather it not be inside my house? All right, I want to see it. That's pretty attractive. Listen, I have you know, I have a kid. He has kid, friends, they make messes. He has a ballpit that you know, the balls never stay in the pit, so yeah, weird. Then come clean my kids balls.
Speaker 2: The heavy metal Cowboy on YouTube says, contributing to job Replacement Capital, Hell no, he's saying he's not going to do it. Here's their ad that has gotten eight million views. Right show, Somebody knocking on door.
Speaker 10: Is launching three house cleaning services in New York City. You might be asking, how is this possible?
Speaker 2: How is this possible? How is it possible? Do you put Alicia Keys in the background. That's one of the questions I have. If the robot damages stuff, Craig says, will the company be held liable? Good question? That is an excellent question. Well, I don't know what the answer. They're not the ones doing the robots. They like they're trying to be transparent about this, but I wonder, like how much of this is just them selling these videos to people to train the robots.
Speaker 1: Do they have to shift have robots?
Speaker 2: They are the workers are using robots, And there's other companies that are doing this too. Door Dash is testing it right now, Micro a company called Encord. They're all testing this. All they want to do is do a free task in your house, and all you have to do is sell out all of humanity because you're teaching them how to do it with robots, and all the humans will be fired as a result of this. But it's free. Hey, it's free. Let's see.
Speaker 10: This moment has been a long time coming and it's something we're really proud of. The future has always started in New York. Time it will start.
Speaker 2: I've they show these people. They're all wearing these white uniforms to say SHIFT. They're cleaning up like the counters. They're cleaning these houses. They're doing it for.
Speaker 10: Free across fifteen countries. Shift already pays tens of thousands of people through one app to record their everyday work in chores. Our users wear a small camera while.
Speaker 1: This is so crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they wear this hat with a camera on the front of it and that's all. That's all that's going to record them doing the task. That's what makes it free. But I haven't seen a single person and Chat so far say yes.
Speaker 1: That they would be interested in doing this. They have.
Speaker 2: I've seen one person who was like, well, I will let them in. I want free. Everybody loves free. I thought, But they don't want this because the AIF.
Speaker 10: Footage teaches the next generation of robots how to help every home clean today, doing dishes for a home that cleans itself tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And we're not stopping at cleaning.
Speaker 2: Are there vacuuming, plumbing, cooking, building fixing. They're doing all of the work that you could possibly think of at this company. So I send it over to you and I ask you, would you let them in your house? Would you let them welcome you to the shift? Whatever the hell that means? Would you? I'm I mean, I'm gonna know because I can't. I would feel bad because I would rather pay a human to do it. I would rather pay a human to come over to my house, and then I know when they leave that that human took that money and they were able to buy some food, or they were able to pay a bill, or you know.
Speaker 7: I like.
Speaker 2: I like that element humans working with humans to do stuff. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not anti AI at all. Right, I'm gonna get my my commencement speech is gonna get booted.
Speaker 1: I am not anti AI at all.
Speaker 2: The way I feel about AI is this, I think the AI should have its lanes where we let it run free, and then AI should have places where we block it entirely. My opinion on this is that things and I am as vested as vested could be, and things like programming and in digital creation of websites and content and these things, I am more than happy to utilize AI because these were things that were held by a small number of people that were quite expensive and cumbersome, and there was a big gap between you and the expert that could pull it off.
Speaker 1: That gap is gone. The AI can do a better job.
Speaker 2: Trust me when I say this than your developers and programmers could.
Speaker 1: It's just better.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make the errors and mistakes humans make mistakes. I think allowing the AI into some of these lanes like that. And again I understand that I'm vested. I understand that this is some of it. Of course, you like that, Sean, that's what you use it for. I think we should block AI in the creative world, all right, and creating movies and creating music that plays on radio stations, and creating images to a certain extent, you know, creating art for sure.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: You want to stop that, you want to see stop that is AI?
Speaker 2: That that is AI. That's a fun little thing, though. I think that's like kind of fine. What's not fine is replacing bands a three piece rock band with AI and thinking that's a good substitute, replacing a movie with an AI creation and thinking that's that's just as good. Replacing artwork, paintings, all these kind of things with something that is done by artificial intelligence.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not for that.
Speaker 2: I'm not for that side of it, and I can't necessarily be for this, even though I think it's all inevitable.
Speaker 1: We're all screwed to.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things called Shift on the internet. Yeah, there's a browser called Shift, drag and drop, build your custom browser, and there's free home cleaning and NYC.
Speaker 3: That's what we just saw. That's Shift app dot NYC. Then there's shift app dot com, which is an employee schedule in software.
Speaker 2: Really so it's basically like they're going in to do their shift their works.
Speaker 3: Then there's Shift your phone block distracting apps on iPhone and Android. I just think the that they need a better name to stand out because you can't even get your own dot com because there's so many shifts.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, I want to see what people have sent in for rate my blank on a Monday rate my home screen is the agenda today. Let's look at some of these rapid fire sea lane. I see you on this person's phone. It's a little bit of sea lane here, you're in picture.
Speaker 3: When I saw this much smaller, I thought that it was somebody's cat, and then behind them was a giant TV with me on it. No, no, no, no, yeah, that's their phone. That's a clean home screen if that's there. If that's I'm taking this seriously.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna have a lot of significant others and cats, and this home screen is cat related. I see that you have the WGN Channel nine app. I'm assuming that you are possibly from the Midwest, if that's the case, and you have an Android device, so that means you're.
Speaker 1: A little weird, a little bit weird.
Speaker 2: But still probably better at technology than a lot of people around you.
Speaker 1: Here's somebody else.
Speaker 2: Their home screen shows it's eighty seven degrees outside Wu Tang and New York on your home screen here, all right, no news junkie app, though the news junk app is not in existence on this that's another Android device. Here we go The news Junkie app made it on this home screen. This person's listening on iheartrate video as well on an iPhone I can see, and you got snapchat, so I bet that's where the dirty stuff is, that's where the good things are. Fiver and you've got no real design damn backdrop.
Speaker 3: I wonder we use fiber for that. I could, Actually I've never downloaded the Fiver app.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think I have it because I've used fiber for so many projects. Actual human beings there. This is somebody with a lighthouse as their their home screen.
Speaker 1: You can see all.
Speaker 2: These in the submitted going minimalistic. Yeah, we didn't make the home screen here for these folks. In their app, they have chat GPT in the weather bug.
Speaker 1: How do you only have one unread Gmail that? That just seems impossible. Does that mean that you don't get a lot of emails.
Speaker 2: Or does that mean that you are diligent about staying on top of cleaning them. That's gotta be the ladder. Here's a little doggie. They got their their pop on the home screen a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Many dogs.
Speaker 2: The news Junki app made this person's home screen yeah, I can read a lot into you, like this person's from Mountain Trace and it's even raining as they sent this particular screenshot, send yours for rate my blank and look at all of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, this person said this.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming this is your your partner, your wife, could be them. I mean, nobody posts a boob shot of themselves on their own phone home screen, do they.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Maybe it's possible.
Speaker 2: I think that this person is dating the individual that's in their background image with their with their chests displayed right over the icons.
Speaker 1: That it would be. My guess some of you.
Speaker 2: I can see that you're like, you're good at technology just by looking at your home screens. Look how clean this is very clean clean. You got a good looking setup going on. We'll take more of these throughout the show today. Do it over on thenewsjunkie dot com or the news Junkie app. Get a screen sh out of your home screen. Tell us what your home screen looks like. Here's somebody at Okachilbe where they're sending theirs in. Again, we didn't make the homescreen. It feels like one hundred and one. Oh my god, they're frying down there. This person's listening to real radio. We got Oh, I see you and your your partner here on the on the home screen.
Speaker 1: It's your wife or you know girlfriend whatever.
Speaker 2: Uh, this isn't really your home screen, is it is your home screen?
Speaker 4: Me and the beret from the other day. That's just that's so that's a little rude if I'm honest.
Speaker 2: Uh, here's another. There's a lot of couples that have them, Like the couple is in the home screen image. There's home screen image. Who's on your sea line? Is it your wife? Are your rotate kids? I have a rotation of pictures that a lot of them are the kid and then cities, like uh, pictures of cities. Okay, so let's see the baby and the occasional skyline.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: This person has a rocket, like a NASA rocket that they have on their home screen. Take a couple of more, person, we can tell a little bit about this person with the rocket, because go back to the rocket. Person.
Speaker 1: I can't, I can't. They had lovable the app on there? Oh did that? Okay, so this is somebody who does a little vibe coding. Hell yeah, this is just as.
Speaker 2: We are on the home screen here I see a tnj app, the News Junkie app for this person. All right, so there you go. You could send those in. We're going to pick one of these to be the best. Your cat is adorable to this person sending their home screen along.
Speaker 1: And the final one for now, this is a.
Speaker 2: Green power range Yes with a dagger and on one side YouTube on the other side tnj app.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love all the important things right there on the home screen.
Speaker 2: All right, that's round one. We'll get to more of those in just a moment when we come back. A very awkward moment on television. We got an update on the Lady with the pitbulls hookers in Hopetown. Is Joe Rogan going to sixty minutes on CBS. We'll get into all of it because it's coming up next on The News Junkie. A lot to talk about some big changes in the media landscape. And now, strangely enough, even though you know, on account of The News Junkie being the name of the show and all of that good stuff, I don't watch a lot of these shows. So when somebody talks about what's going on on CNN, I don't care. I don't really watch that much CNN. I don't watch any Fox News. I do not watch MSNBC. I would rather do ms now. I would rather boil my head than watch a lot of these cable news outlets because it just has become a dumb echo chamber for whatever your politics are. Tune in for your hugbox baby, tune in so they tell you all the things that you think are exactly right, and everybody else is crazy, and nobody's ever going to challenge you what I do. That's what cable news is, and it is creating an entire massive mob of very dumb, very loud, very wrong people. I don't watch it. I don't watch it. I do watch some stuff, and I do have a modicum of respect, meaning a little bit of respect for certain news outlets. Still one of them is sixty Minutes. I think sixty minutes is still a pretty decent program. Is it partisan, yes? Is it in one direction usually politically? Yes, Yes, it's going to be. We still have a situation until there's a drastic sea change and we'll get somewhere closer to the center where most journalists in the United States of America are coming from one side. Right, So all of this stuff comes out of their mows. All of these people that work in these different elements of the media landscape, they all vote the same way. They all have the same approved opinions that everybody else has. It's boring as hell. They have had it forever. So yes, it's gonna come from a certain angle. But I think sixty minutes has done some good work over the years, and most of it, most of it is not political stuff. Most of it is stuff outside of the realm of politics that sixty minutes gets involved in. Now, the rumor is that they're trying to pin down Joe Rogan. Anderson Cooper is gone. He has left sixty Minutes and the room, You're already gone or is he exited? I I thought he was already gone, but maybe he's not. The story says, let me pull this up here in front of me so I can see if there's any updates to it. This says CBS looking to pin down Joe Rogan. Network bosses are betting the podcast Powerhouse will strengthen sagging sixty Minutes. According to Radar Online, grain of salt this whole thing, but it says reeling CBS News is looking to muscle up at sixty minutes team. By replacing Silver Fox Anderson Cooper with pumped up conservative podcast Powerhouse, Joe Rogan sources sem the blockbuster remove first reported in Radar Online dot Com is setting off panic and power plays up and down the network corridors. They said, this isn't stunt casting. Of course it is. It's not stunt casting, they say, as they bring in the stunt cast member.
Speaker 1: Of course it is. It's an idea to gin up ratings. It's a stunt. It's a stunt the gin up ratings. Of course it is, they said. It's strategy.
Speaker 2: Rogan opens up a direct pilot pipeline to the massive MAGA audience CBS has struggle to reach for years. Rogan fifty eight reportedly BOASA staggering eleven million listeners a day in his show that Joe Rogan Experience recently expanded its reach by adding the podcast, Apple and other platforms. You bring in Rogan, you could get in a core connection to fifty percent of the country.
Speaker 1: Somebody said.
Speaker 2: Now, others say it's a risky gamble. He's not traditional podcast talent. I love how people use this stuff like it's some sort of insult. Is not traditional broadcast talent. Or they say it about Spencer Pratt running for mayor in Los Angeles. Let's say he doesn't have any experience as a politician. Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 2: Is that supposed to be a bad thing that they don't have experience being a politician, or they don't have traditional broadcast talent experience.
Speaker 1: Most of the people I know who do.
Speaker 2: This in traditional outlets are bad, terrible at it all.
Speaker 1: Right, But I don't know if this is true or not. What do you think? Would you think that this would be good for sixty minutes?
Speaker 2: Do you not care? Do you not watch any of these shows? Let us know, send a dispatch over the news junkie dot com or email tips, tips totthews Junkie dot com. I can't remember the last time I have watched sixty minutes the one that I watched the most, I think, I don't know if you watch this or not. Like when people say, well, what do I pay attention to? I say, scour the world, look at everything, don't count out any source, be skeptical about absolutely everything, skeptical about everything.
Speaker 1: When did this video start? Why did it start here?
Speaker 2: What is this news outlet trying to lead me to believe be skeptical of all these things. But personally, I love CBS Sunday Mornings.
Speaker 1: I think it is.
Speaker 2: The least partisan news show like that that I've seen. I enjoy it, I dig it. I kind of like I'm into that of a vibe going is sort of laid back and folks see and I'm into it. So CBS Sunday Mornings is my thing on some level. Not Von Ripperton on YouTube says, Sean is leaving iHeart for sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. That's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: They're like, what we need to do to reinvigorate sixty minutes here at CBS is we need to show.
Speaker 1: The most viral newsroom. Bring them in. He's the guy.
Speaker 2: He's gonna turn it around any ready, sixty minutes, but vertical, I don't think. I wouldn't count on that one happening. We wouldn't count on xas.
Speaker 3: If CBS gives Joe Rogan the Andy Rooney slot on sixty minutes, it would actually revive the grand tradition of ending the show with a not even remotely funny segment.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, everybody hates on Andy Rooney. I used to get into those. Man, it would be Andy Rooney in his office. If you young people won't know what's going on here Andy Rooney, they might as well called the segment. Andy Rooney complains because sixty minutes with like next our in house correspondent, Andy Rooney is going to tell you why staplers have gone to hell? And then Andy Rooney's like, my stapler in my office has been a reliable tool for over forty years. I staple invoices, papers and everything I need to staple without any issue. But lately this Streamline stapler company has been you know, it's just like what Andy Rooney complaining about something in his office every time. Man, it was this old dude who just complained about mundane thing.
Speaker 1: This is the dumbest thing to correct you about. But swim Line is the company.
Speaker 7: The mixed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, streamline is wrong with I streamlined yet Andy Rudy Bad. He was the old guy just complained about stuff behind his desk. I'm sure that's got to be on YouTube somewhere right like it was. Andy Rooney complains basically that they would do these segments and he would just rant about stuff. Was Andy Rooney the guy that would say I like that. I'll give you an example. Here's here's here's Andy Rudy angry about sleeping.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I keep reading about the problems people have falling asleep and staying asleep nights. An organization called the National Sleep Foundation did his study and it says that the economy is making people sleepless. I mean, wouldn't they just I feel for all those people who aren't sleeping.
Speaker 2: Everybody else on sixty minutes staff had to go out for seven months and investigate how some virus is spreading.
Speaker 1: Across the congo or something. And then Andy Rooney's like, roll tape. I'm ready, I got the sleeping bit going. Wasn't there another journalist who tried heroin, you know.
Speaker 4: Just just and and ran about sleep like this guy put his body on the line. He tested out a bulletproof vest this week, the new budget bulletproof vest.
Speaker 1: And Andy Rany's like, sleeping is really why?
Speaker 5: Sleeping is not my problem. I can sleep nither day sitting standing or lying down.
Speaker 1: I often shots and him sleeping.
Speaker 2: He's like, you faked sleeping, and he's like sitting on a couch sleeping.
Speaker 1: Here's Andy Rooney.
Speaker 5: I'm here at this desk. Last week, I took a bus Crosstown in New York City and went six blocks passed by stop because I fell asleep. Someone took a poll several years ago. They're reported on what time Americans go to bed every night.
Speaker 1: What this guy our.
Speaker 7: Sleep they get.
Speaker 5: The poll showed that we sleep eight hours a night, which was no surprise to me.
Speaker 1: Just I want you to know.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know that Andy Rooney used to make millions of dollars doing this.
Speaker 1: I just want you to understand.
Speaker 3: That, as it turns out, and as it turns out, he's sleepy enough to miss bus stops because he knotted off riding the bus to work.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're all so surprised that the whole guy fell asleep on the bus.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, peopall come on.
Speaker 4: So maybe back in this day, I'd be like, yeah, out with Rooney, in with Joe Rogan, and I don't really know where they're at now.
Speaker 3: Though, to answer the question on YouTube, Andy Rooney is in fact that man's name. It's not Sean putting like a little twist on things like he likes to do.
Speaker 2: Go to Rooney, you go to Rena Yeah, yeah, yeah, Kelly. He says he had such a good sense of humor. He was like a nice dude in some way. But it was so weird that some people get paid for this stuff like this is his gig, this was his job on sixty minutes, and they need to do something to keep all this stuff alive otherwise it's all going to go over to creators on different platforms real quick. Before we take a break, and when we come back for the break, there's a story that's going around that's the most crazy engagement hate bait I've seen in a while that I want to explain because too many people are getting upset by this and it's just not true. I'll talk about that. Plus in jury duty. We're going to get into all the prison records from the girl from the crash, Mackenzie Shrilla. I'll read to you what she's been in trouble for behind bars from the actual prison reports. But first Cordy said, did you see this clip on the I think it's on the Today Show. Yeah, she said, poor Savannah Guthrie is back.
Speaker 1: You know, her mother is probably ripped and horse.
Speaker 2: Savannah Guthrie is like trying to muscle through things, and they keep putting her in these segments, and they had Gwyneth Paltrow with her, and Gwyneth Paltrow is giving like food tips in this segment, and Savannah Guthrie is like, oh God, I think she'd rather be looking for her mother than in some of the segments as she's in.
Speaker 1: Here's one of them. Just a quick clip here, allergen free.
Speaker 11: You can get things soy free, vegan however you want. And I'm going to add about a cup of parmesan you also if you don't, if you want to avoid dairy, one trick that I do is I dice up arugola and.
Speaker 1: I put it in. Really yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 11: It sounds weird, but it kind of adds like a nice texture to it.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 2: You can avoid cheese and you just mix in some very fun or rugela and it's like, wait, what you that's weird? And thank you. Savannah Guthrie. Even though she's distracted by her mom being pulled out of the house by this weird midnight bandit, she still knows that trying to replace cheese with arugola is a sin. You should have to walk the plank for all right, that's absolutely disturbing, just disturbing, And Savannah Guthrie knows it so shouts out to her. And also, I left, how Gwyneth Paltro look at her? Was she eighteen pounds? She's sitting back here and she's like, well, if you want to be a little bit more careful, you can replace the cheese with a rugola.
Speaker 3: You can believe that she's avoiding cheese, but why give her the cheese? For God's sake. It's not like when you see like a person of her stature. That's like loading in Paulladine level butter and going okay, no, no, no, you don't ever eat this. Yeah, you might be making it on TV right now, but you're not the one eating it.
Speaker 1: True, all right, quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, I have those prison documents about what the girl from the crash, Mackenzie Shrilla.
Speaker 1: If you don't know who she is, I'll explain.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the down low before it's the number one documentary series on Netflix right now. I'll tell you what's going on with her. And then this story that everybody's getting wrong, it's coming up next. Then the news junk ye, jury duty all the way in just a moment. Let me rant real quick. If you don't mind, I won't take long. I won't rant for too long. The story is everywhere today, everywhere today. So if I go to Google and put in James Vanderbeek, this story is absolutely all over the news wires. There are thousands and thousands of stories on James Vanderbeek, who you know from Dawson's Creek, who sadly died of cancer not too long ago, right, And all of the stories that I see are like this. One stars X remarries four months after his death, James Vanderbeek's ex wife marries three months after his death, and on and on it goes. I mean, there are hundreds of stories all over the newswires about James Vanderbeek's ex wife getting married just three months after he died? How could she do this? And I said, wow, what's going on? Why are they posting this now? James Vanderbeek died in February at forty eight years old. He had stage three colorectal cancer.
Speaker 1: That sucks. I feel so much for him and his family and all of that good stuff.
Speaker 2: But people judge so fast Avenda Zaus's proof his wife is an effing grifter. Yucker says she didn't want to wait for her life to be over. You know, people are just absolutely hammering this woman.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't believe I'm wrong on this, but let's do a little fact check to Rooney if we can't see a little fact check here, I believe that James Vanderbeek had not been married to this woman for a while.
Speaker 1: No, all right, they weren't married. It was his ex wife.
Speaker 3: Macombe was married to the Dawson's Creek Star from two thousand and three to twenty ten.
Speaker 2: She was married to him sixteen years ago. Was when they divorced. All right, sixteen years ago they divorced. This is what corporate media does. They do things like this. They said, oh, stars X remarries four months after death, and they know that you're going to get mad star James Vanderbeek, his ex wife marries three months after his death. What they're doing there is implying his ex wife, meaning that they you know, like basically widow is what they're trying to get you to think. They're saying, three months after he died, she's marrying another man. Yes, but as always, they're trying to get you angry by leaving out the details. The media landscape is full of stories like this non stop that make you mad, and you're mad about nothing. They haven't been married. They weren't married for sixteen years. She didn't even remarry until after he died, and then three months, four months went by. They're like only four months after the death. Like there are some cases where you could look at this, how long was it ceilint after Patton Oswalt's wife died that he ended up getting back with somebody.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's married. His wife died. It was weird circumstances and stuff.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, it's like Patton Olswald in her new relationship. Like, Okay, I get like, it's really none of your business, but I get you thinking about that a little bit. But this is just made to make you angry at this random woman. This random woman, you're supposed to get angry. No one's going to read it, nobody's going to figure it out. They haven't been married in sixteen years. They weren't married when he died, she was with somebody else, and then she decided to get married after he died. There is literally nothing wrong with that nothing. It's not weird, it's not wrong, it's not morally repugnant. Zero people would think this, and in fact, if they if the headline from the Daily Beast, gross Daily Beasts, disgusting Daily Beasts, absolutely shameful, Daily Beasts. James Vanderbeek's ex wife marries three months after his death. Now let me tell you how this could read, but it would get no clicks. James Vanderbeek's former wife, after divorcing sixteen years ago, decides to remarry somebody she's been dating for a long time, just four months after he passed away. No one cares. It's rage bait, as Missy still headlines. Yeah, yeah, it's rage bait. That is exactly what it is. They trying to make you mad, and they're leaving out the most important information, as they always are. They're no different than the person who's clipping a video on social media that you watch and then you get mad about it, and then you go, why did it start here?
Speaker 1: Why did it end here? What else happened in this whole thing?
Speaker 2: The entire media landscape only seems to want to reward those people.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 2: Don't expect more. Come here, you'll get more. Stay here, you'll get more. I promise you that you'll get more then you'll get from all of these news outlets, And this is why people hate them so much, and the hate is deserved in so many situations like this. Patton Oswalt's wife died in April of twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: He confirmed his engagement to his current wife in July of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so over a year, you know. But the thing in his case was his wife. I think she was like taking some pills or something and he shout her dead in bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it says died in her sleep.
Speaker 3: But yeah, a combination of previously undiagnosed heart condition and complications from adderall xanax and fentnol.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, so that Look, I can see you're taking that a little differently. But this is so so different. This is so it's manipulative, as Ryan says, Yes, this is manipulative behavior that they do all the time in all of these media outlets, and there's almost none of them that don't engage in it. So reject them. Hang out here you'll figure out what's really going on. So there you are. That's that now. I didn't get the jury duty, and I'm sorry. I apologize. I do apologize. Apologize to me, Apologize to Moses. I apologize to Moses, the wit of the Duit law firm. Injured on the go, just calm all right, injured on the go, just Calmo.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you sponsored an apology, Moses.
Speaker 2: Mackenzie Sherrilla is that young woman who is in prison right now because she crashed a car into a wall and killed her boyfriend and his friend. And I said when when I watched the Crash, which is tops on Netflix right now, I think it's like the number one Netflix docuseries right now. It's about her and her relationship and her parents. And I told you when watching, I was like, her parents may be so angry. Her parents were just like they excused every piece of bad behavior this girl did. And now she's just a monster of a human being because of a lot of the coddling that her parents engaged in. She's never wrong, there's always somebody else to blame, always somebody else to blame. And now we see what kind of person she is because I have for you when we come back her prison records. She apparently has been in thirty two cases while behind bars. She has pled guilty or been found guilty. Oh, I'm sorry, I apologize. I apologize. Another mistake on my part. She has been involved in thirty six cases well behind bars, this Mackenzie Shrilla. Thirty two of them she was found guilty, not guilty in three and one was not listed. But I've looked through these. Some of them are wild. What she's up to behind bars. And if you don't know who she is, we'll explain everything and I'll read to you the prison reports as we enter the Power Hour that's coming up next on the news, Chunkie. Lots of misinformation floating around in chat, so duck and dive and be careful about that.
Speaker 7: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I saw somebody posting.
Speaker 2: Trying to say that the there's like a they're bombing the Okalla National Forest or something, which I I don't know why you would want to put that information out there.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous.
Speaker 3: First of all, it's really kind of irresponsible to say it is, and it's like quite obviously it's just not true. Well we all know, but these people that would just put anything out there and just double triple, quadruple down on this stuff. So I hate that that's out there, But you know, sometimes that happens from time to time when people whisper things like this in chat. I'm requiring other people's in chat to step up and tell them, enough's enough. We don't want to hear about this, all right, we don't want this fake news. Just shout out fake news to them, seeling how long have we been doing this bit for oh curiosity?
Speaker 1: How long have we How long has the show been on?
Speaker 2: We are we are like fourteen years into this bit, and it still works every single time. I used to hate it. I used to hate the bit. I'm fine with it now.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with it now, But it used to you know, it used to get people all riled up, and they would call the phones, call the phone line and then tell me that we were wrong. And now that I don't even answer the phone anymore, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it triggers anybody as hard as it used to, But god, man, people will be Sean doesn't know what he's talking about. Man carpetbager News junkie doesn't know you educate yourself, because there it is, right there, been doing that for over a decade, Folks, that the dumbest bit in Olive radio, dumbest pit in Olive radio about the Okaala National Forest where they do bomb testing.
Speaker 1: And then every time we go, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Do not believe that people are telling the truth when they say this, this is obviously a fake. And then people are like it's real and they get so mad, they get so unbelievably bad. We've been pretending that that story is fake for over a decade and it still works every single time.
Speaker 3: There's some muss people in the texting service right now, so dumb talking about this so goods the Pine Castle bombing range.
Speaker 2: Uh uh Literally sometimes I have to spell it out because people won't understand what's going on. I get it. I know, I've seen this story for a million years. But it the troll works every time if you just pretend that that particular story is not real, that there are no bombs dropping test bombs on the Okawa National Forest in the state of Florida, and then you act just completely outraged that anybody would suggest this.
Speaker 1: Now that you're on board, all right, everybody listening. Who's on board.
Speaker 2: Next time somebody brings it up, in like three weeks, I'll do the same thing, and one thousand percent everybody will get mad once again. They will get so pissed off and we'll do it all over again. Right now, you'll do it in three weeks, Just one last one, last hurrah for the Yeah, big thanks to Cosidias with the two gifted subscriptions the secret shows. Thank you Cosidious. They already grabbed those real quick, but maybe there's more coming in hit that gift icon on the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Let's do the Power hours. Let's go, they said. Then they said, blah blah, time for the Power Hour on the news junk like that one. It was like the Earthquake Hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Steelan said, was an earthquake? Sound like that's it? That is literally the sound of an earthquake, or.
Speaker 1: Or you're off.
Speaker 2: I gotta get to jury duty in the second here. But I did see a story today. This is a true story, Celan. You got to bring this up for me because I've not actually heard it yet. But there's a bunch of stories today about people listening to four hundred and thirty two hurtz music like, here's an example why you're coworker might be listening to music tuned for in thirty two herts.
Speaker 1: This is a story from ABC News.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at and it says music recorded in forward and thirty two hurts is taking off on social media platforms and music streaming services. Joslyn Sanchez there's been in chronic pain since she was born with cervical scoliosis. While little eases the discomfort, she's found ways to distract herself from hurting. She practices yoga, she performs free flow dance, and while she works, who frequently listens as to how or listens to house music tuned to four and thirty two herts, a frequency lower than a typical concert pitch music is medicine. Sound is medicine, she says, it's not. It helps me focus and be engaged with the patient. I'm assisting, it helps me relax. Four hundred and thirty two hurts. There's articles like Ziggy Marley and other people that are can we hear it? Is it just like a tone? Or is it like end the song?
Speaker 1: Could be at it?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, It's like, Uh, I think they're having a tough time explaining this, and it's a sounding like I am too.
Speaker 1: But I'll get to the point.
Speaker 3: When you tune an instrument, like last time you were at any sort of orchestral concert or some sort of Broadway performance theater performance. Before the show, somebody, usually the lead violinist or somebody will quiet down the orchestra and they will play a note. They will play that note of A, and that A is two to four hundred and forty hertz, and that's what So everybody they play the A, and then everybody tunes to that A so that they're all playing, so they're all in.
Speaker 1: Tune with each other.
Speaker 2: In tune, okay, And music recorded at four hundred and thirty two hertz just means you tune your A a little bit lower, you turn it, you tune it to four thirty two instead of four forty, and magic happens because it's one with the universe now. But it's supposed to make you, like kind of feel better or something, saying the thirty two herds, I guess you don't seem like a believer.
Speaker 3: Proponents claim this lower frequency is more aligned with the natural resonance of the universe, offering deeper relaxation, stress relief, and enhanced emotional hearing.
Speaker 1: Let's try it, Let's see if it works. Right. This is it?
Speaker 2: Four hundred and thirty two herds in your ear, drums coming out right now?
Speaker 1: I feel nothing? Do you feel anything? Still hungover a little bit? Do's not helping? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you could just take a song and you just like kind of kind of tune it up a little bit, and then I think it's down four and thirty Yeah, all right, can you tell the difference?
Speaker 1: This is all right? This is crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, believe the add this remit. They have every song you could think of. This is a playlist, thirty two Hurts, Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody, Lauren Hill, Tell Him, Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb, Pearl Jam Release, Steve Miller Band, Red Hot, Chili, Pepper's Scar Tissue and all of them.
Speaker 1: You just click them and it sounds the same. Oh wait, let's stop that. Hang on that one. I can actually hear it a little bit. Scar Tissue. Uh, play that again real quick?
Speaker 2: All right, here's here's the fortune thirty two hertz version of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and this is the four forty Nope, can't hear a damn thing. No sounds, what's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: But you're listening to the playlist and you go, all right, now here we go, let's do this thing.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to get my day on.
Speaker 2: Oh tubac changing. What is happening there? I sound like too much piano at the beginning of this and it's in fortune thirty two herds do not know changes? Oh this is this is some different versions. I think they did a different version where they use like more of the original track. Yeah, it hurts because this change. This is the changes I have. Yeah, and this is helping you right now somehow, some way. They said, if you hear that playing in your office, your coworker might be listening to music. Tune to four hundred and thirty two herts. It's the new thing. It's the new big thing, everybody, so get into it. Well, we get into this. Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 1: Cord is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're no injury duty with the noos junkie.
Speaker 2: Now, let's do jury duty in four hundred and thirty two hertz sounds exactly the same cord is now in session, So put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're no injury duty with the news junkie. Oh I feel better after that one.
Speaker 2: The four hundred and thirty two hertz version was so much more relaxing to me. Surrey Duty brought to you by the one the only motivate of the Deuit law firm. Injured on the go just Calmo eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Camo or go to Justcalmo dot com after an accident, reach out to Moduit. He's going to help you and get you on the path to get one of those big giant checks your case might deserve it. Find out eight hundred Calmo or go to just Callmo dot com.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Let me bring up the prison records for this girl.
Speaker 2: One problem is I think she could not be more thrilled about this because Mackenzie Sherrilla.
Speaker 1: She is going megaviral.
Speaker 2: Her docuseries about her killing her friends in this car crash is exploding on social media. They're playing jailhouse phone calls with her talking about how people are flirting with her and now these really salacious, steamy jailhouse. They're like the cases that she's had behind bars conduct reports. There's been thirty six of them total, and in thirty two she's pled guilty. Here's Channel three, three.
Speaker 6: Years into her fifteen years to life prison sentence, Mackenzie Sharilla's time behind bars has been far from quiet. Newly atams the back Girl paint a picture of repeated rule violations and trouble with authority.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so shocked that the young girl whose behavior was excused at every opportunity by her parents is still acting exactly the same way.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's almost as if if you look at these street takeovers, you'll see parents who do the exact same thing. They're either not presents in the president in their kids' lives, or they don't care about them, or they excuse everything bad that they do, and you end up with kids like this. Don't be surprised by the outcome.
Speaker 6: Hunter Bertram joins us, Now, with a close eye, look at what they reveal about Shirrilla's.
Speaker 1: Life behind bars. Hunter Good Evening, Hunter Good Evening.
Speaker 12: Mackenzie, who was convicted of killing Dominic Russo and Davian Flanagan and violent twenty twenty two Strongsville crash could be eligible for parole as early as twenty thirty seven. But when that day comes, the parole board won't just look at the crash. It will also look at the choices Shrilla has made behind bars.
Speaker 2: All right, so she's gotten in trouble. They show the actual documents. Let me bring this up because they have. Here's the PDF of all the times that she's gotten in trouble. Give me just second sealing, hang on, hang on, I got to do a little this and a little this. Answer your security questions. I know it's so brutal. It's what the stuff that they make you do. I'll just do this. I have a workaround, all right. Here's the reports, the conduct reports for this Mackenzie Scirilla lady. And there are a lot of them, thirty six or so. As I said, some of them are kind of simple. On the above date, in approximate time of eleven thirty or eleven forty pm, inmate Sherrilla was seen in this for dayroom talking on her tablet. This is the second incident that has occurred while the inmate has been found in the day room after wreck has been closed. Inmates Syrilla is being charged with five point six being out of place.
Speaker 1: So like in that case, she wasn't supposed to.
Speaker 2: Do this, she did it anyways, and she said inmate statement, I just didn't know. I wasn't I wasn't aware, she admitted and was found guilty, as she was in thirty two of these thirty six cases against her. Here's another one. On the above date, I found that Officer Bryce was conducting random bed searches. During a search on inmate Shirrilla, which is this Mackenzie Shirilla lady, I found two paired of altered state pants, a fan with the name and number blank crossed out, and Shirilla written on the same side in four Newdy magazine.
Speaker 1: Pictures for magazine.
Speaker 2: I guess, so for this, I'll be charging her with a twelve point three possession of another ip property and a twelve point seven possession of contraband. That's just kind of an example of what was going on here. But some of them are a little more steamy and a little more silacious than these. A lot of them were like her, with her shirts on button and her bra hanging out over and over again. She is always taking her inmate outfits and she's altering them in ways that you're not allowed. Again, this is the woman who drove her car into the wall and has just been in trouble apparently time and time and time again behind bars. And then one of them was about her in a like a webcam meeting that she had done. That was maybe the more silacious of all of these. Oh, she had some pills on one. A random bed search was conducted on Mackenzie and they found a packet of unknown medication with the name of an individual on it. She said she was using the meds and they weren't hers, and she had a personal photo of herself containing drug use. For this reason, she was charged with ten point six session of contraband.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Now I got to get to the one where it was her on the camera because somebody came in for a visit and she started she was messing around with the video.
Speaker 1: Visits a lot like Mackenzie.
Speaker 2: Serilla would have somebody on the list for video visits and then she would be meeting with somebody else who wasn't the person.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: You have to meet with the person who's approved in the visits. Here's another one. I approached Sherrilla when she was in case Manager Jones's office to take her to the restroom to see if she was properly dressed. Scherilla was previously in mister Rheim's office and he had asked for her hoodie as it was altered and considered contraband. They said that she couldn't have it because she wasn't dressed properly under her hoodie. When I told her I was taking her into the restroom to make sure she was dressed properly so I could take her hoodie, she said, if he got a boner from the way I'm dressed, that's his fault. As she got to the door of Miss Jones's office, she told Miss Jones to come with us to the restroom because she didn't feel comfortable. Again, Lots of like interactions like this, lots of her always getting into it with somebody. And then the big one which I'm coming to here, which is the one where she got nude during a video meeting or hearing with somebody else like she had a visitor, and it says on the above date and time, I was reviewing the video visits. I noticed that Mackenzie Sherrilla was not with the person she was supposed to be with. I noticed at twenty one eight the visitor shows a sex toy. This says, and it says. Then at twenty two fifty three, the visitor showed her breast. Then on the visit, the visitor showed her breast with a sex toy sticking out of her pants twice. Then the visitors set up the phone and walked into the frame completely undressed. There were a total of seven video visits that had taken place between Mackenzie Sherilla and this person. So she was constantly exposing herself and having like sexual video visits with people in and meant it seems in all of these different times and things that she got cited.
Speaker 3: For you, if she leaked nudes from prison, that would be kind of impressive. Yeah, that doesn't happen much. I don't think it goes on and on and on. She's done this over and over.
Speaker 2: She's been in charge thirty been in trouble thirty six different times, was found guilty in thirty two cases, not guilty in three, and in one they did not list guilt or not, and all of them. She was like, it wasn't me, or I didn't do it, or I'm allowed to do whatever I want, you know, just like you would expect out of this spoiled, rotten person who has never taken any any bit of well, she's never taken a responsibility for the things that she's done, including killing her friends.
Speaker 1: It would seem.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't seen that docuseries, you probably will at some point. It's been pretty popular on the It's just one right, Yeah, it's well, you're right, it.
Speaker 1: Is just one, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's not well, it's just one long one, right, Yeah, it's a documentary.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I can see how a different production company would have easily tried to stretch that into three or four episodes.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I don't like when they do that. They bring it on too long and too far. But she Yeah, she's in the Crash on Netflix. If you haven't seen him, Tanya says, y'all are pervs. I didn't see what Chat was saying, is are are they doing the I Can Fixer thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Does she have an only fans from prison. Uh, you know all all she's gonna have to deal with this when it comes time for her to possibly be considered for release.
Speaker 1: She's gonna get in trouble for this. But break when we come back.
Speaker 2: Boy, do we have a lot to get to still, as the Power Hour rolls on, an update on the hookers in Hopetown. More information found that makes the husband look like he was up to something.
Speaker 1: What's going down?
Speaker 2: You're gonna find out because that is coming up next on the news Junkie. We got a lot to get to as we roll along in the Power Hour. Somebody says David in Fact on YouTube, what are the suits salaries?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, man, that's the place to be.
Speaker 1: Man. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I went to New York to interview a long time ago, fifteen years ago or something maybe sixteen years ago for a job at iHeart to be on in New York City. And at the time, a guy named Evan was running all of the digital side of the company, and nobody knew who this guy was.
Speaker 1: Really he is the person.
Speaker 2: Who had the idea and it was a good one to rename the company from first, they were naming the app iHeartRadio and then the iHeartRadio thing worked out as an app so well that they decided to name the whole company after the app rebrand because Clear Channel had a lot of baggage with it. Actually, oh yeah, people think Clear Channel, and they always think like a bunch of dumb things like the nine to eleven do not playlist, which is, if you know anything about the company, is this really stupid thing for anybody to ever bring up?
Speaker 1: Like, ah, remember Clear Channel band songs after nine to eleven? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I don't need to get lost in that, but the point being, I went to this guy's office in New York City and he was just running the digital side at the company at that point. And Evan's office had like four rooms and had a huge like a judges chamber. Oh god, yeah, like a judge's chamber, like a federal judges chamber, right, like like a member of the Supreme Court's chambers, you know what I mean. And he had a Florida ceiling window of a view of like the Manhattan skyline in his office, like the stuff you see out of out of movies. And he had like three or four assistants, And I'm like this isn't even the CEO. This guy's a suit, but he's just like the digital side of the suit. I think at that time that guy was just I mean, they all have like private jets that they have access to.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're just rolling in money.
Speaker 2: They're they're they're in money so far above me that you know, I may need may not even get to see that at any point in my career, but that that's not necessarily what I'm looking for. I'm looking for freedom and independence and to be able to do whatever we want around here, more so than than anything else.
Speaker 1: In private jets, a little bit, a little bit of private.
Speaker 3: Jet, one round trip ride on the private jet a year, ye, why not?
Speaker 2: Also Ryan and with the right Andy with the seven Gifted subscriptions do Secret Shows available for you over at the news junkie dot com. Thank you to Ryan with the seven Gifted subscriptions to Secret Shows. Learn more over on the website. I made it easier than ever to sign up for an account, which is free, takes like two seconds. If you have an account, then the next time there's a gifted sub you can gobble one up. And also I made it easy to subscribe to secret shows I did or readid the whole sign up process to make it as easy as possible over the weekend. But let's talk about your seat. And you went to West Palm Beach, I did. I did things go? What went down in West Palm for your visit there?
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 3: I took the took the Bright Line down. It was my first time riding that train. Super fun experience. I thought, uh yeah, we split the Internet on the train.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: There were a couple of points where like I had the show on for a little bit until I got bored, and uh yeah, but it would drop out every now and then or something.
Speaker 1: I was a little delayed.
Speaker 3: I felt like when I was trying to screw with the screen behind Josh. So you know, I can't have those delays. Yeah, yeah, but no, the internet was good. I could get some stuff done. I had like company required training that I had to do, so I knocked some of that out on the way home. And then yeah, we just went down to West Palm a couple a couple of day Matthews band shows, stayed downtown when you know, walked around the farmers Market Saturday, ran.
Speaker 1: Into some listeners while you're down there, I see. Yeah, I ran into some listeners.
Speaker 3: You know, usually more people stopped me in West Palm, but I think, like they go, hey, is that ceiling.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that ceiling.
Speaker 3: Let me check the website, and then they go to the news junkie dot com and my picture's not on there anymore. So they're like, I don't want to bother him. Reality, what we're looking for is a ghost. I ran into some listeners down there and some real cool people, and then yeah, just kind of hung out. It was like it was the first time I had ever ubered to and from that venue, the one that's had sixteen different names. It's now the I think Financial Amphitheater. Yeah, and the ubering their part is pretty painless. Yeah, that whole idea is good. Uber needs like a plan for the opposite direction. They need some sort of like I think they could use this at airports too, but I think for something like a concert venue where they have a ride share loop like this and everybody's trying to get you know, ubers. At this time, there was a lot of people, you know, ubering both nights leaving this place.
Speaker 2: But so even though people know that that's a good area to pick up people and make a bunch of money. There still wasn't enough of them, so it was like too slow.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was enough of them.
Speaker 3: The problem is like, you know, they have this crowd of people that is just waiting for their uber and you know yours might be way down the line somewhere, and now you're just waiting around. It would be a better situation would be to make some sort of temp first come, first serve where there's just a bunch of ubers here and you're like, okay, you get the next one. You get the next one, and like like you know, bump your phones together to activate. Yeah, bump your phones together to activate the damn ride. And that's how you you know, you know who to charge for where and what. But the guy that picked us up Saturday night, I could tell I don't think he had picked up from the concert venue before, because he kept asking where we were? Where are you? We're here? You're going through a loop at a concert venue. I mean, this seems pretty obvious. And then he wanted us to, you know, walk towards the car, and the cops were like, no, everybody, stay behind the gate until your uber is here, like right here here, not down the line here, because they don't want people wandering through vehicles. That makes sense, I think. And so my Uber Trevor, got yelled at by the cops and I was like, that's against the rules. And if you do that, I don't even know if they could have force this. If you do this again, you're never allowed back here, never allowed back here to pick up uber rides.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. Yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 3: We had brunch of Era Bradley's Delicious. I love that place. Yeah, it's a good time. I haven't been there in so long. I also, I know we have one of these in Orlando, but I've never used it just because of the hours, Like I don't. I don't think it's when it's running, you know, when I would be using it. They have that Circuit app which is like a it's sort of like a ride share, but they own a bunch of vehicles. They're all electric, and they have some routes that they take or you can ask for a specific ride, and like it's really cheap, like two bucks, but sometimes you have to pick up other people.
Speaker 2: That is that's really cheap compared to an uber from a concert.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well no, we didn't do this from a concert. This will this only operates downtown, so downtown West boonm Beach area. We took the circuit thing, and uh, we had just like walked the Farmers Market. We were headed back towards actually towards where the train station was, and so this guy picks us up and then we have to pick up somebody else. So we picked up somebody else from the place we just ate at. And he looked kind of like a hat a little kid rock vibe to him almost. It was definitely not kid rock kid rocketing taken the two dollars circuit from bar to bar.
Speaker 2: Well, next time you're there, you'll be able to show them the news Junkie dot com and you'll be look here it is here because I'm I'm working on the photo that includes uh, like at least your arm or like cool, yeah, some bit of you. What I think is maybe like your arm on my shoulder, you know. But and then people will be like, well, there must be somebody that's attached.
Speaker 1: To that that's coming soon. We used to take pictures like that. Yeah, well, you know, I could go on for There was a lot of contributing factors.
Speaker 3: It was the first time in a while, like going to the concert like that and not having to plan on driving home.
Speaker 1: So that's nice. Wide open.
Speaker 2: Somebody sends an email to tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. Ash says you were wrong earlier. Uh oh Ash. Ash says, they do, in fact bomb at the o'cala National Forests. There's something called the Pinecastle Range complex, and then he sends a bunch of links.
Speaker 1: Ash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ash, this is a thing that people do out there, and I think that most of these websites that talk about this range and the bombing in the Ocala National for US, I think it's part of some sort of hoax. They're trying to convince you that people drop bombs in the Ocala National for US, but they don't actually do that, because that's insane and ridiculous to drop bombs in a national for US. So I know that people talk about that a lot, but it's not actually true. I appreciate the email, though, Ash, the tips at the News Junkie dot Com thank.
Speaker 1: You for that. Take long Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: The hookers in Hopetown update, here's what we have. A former federal prosecutor who wrote a book on nobody murder cases, and it's no ash body, not like nobody murder, nobody cases with nobody, and that are I just feel like I'm saying nobody. They've said, a key question in the search for the missing American insulting to the dead person. That's total nobody body murder.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 2: The key question of the search for the missing American woman Lynette Hooker from the Hookers in Hopetown story is why her husband's sailboat stopped transmitting location data on the night she disappeared. Ryan and Lynette Hooker left the shore at Hopetown and the Bahamas around seven point thirty. Brian Hooker paddled to shore and arrived in Marsh Harbor at about four am. They were headed back to their sailboat, the Soulmate, and they said the Automatic Identification System or the AIS on the Soulmate did not broadcast any positions after nine to twenty nine pm. It did not resume until eight forty am the following morning, a blackout of more than eleven hours. So it looks like maybe somebody might have turned off that signal. All right, quick break, when we come back here's what we're doing, everybody. We're doing the final dispatch. All right, the stories that didn't make the cut today. I learned to wrap everything up for a Monday that's coming up next on the News Junkie. All right, let's see what we got on the way out. We don't have a lot of time. I didn't crown a winner for our Rate my Blank. Let me see if there's anything that stands out all these beautiful home screens.
Speaker 1: Uh, oh, you know what.
Speaker 2: This person is going to be our winner solely because they sent in two and you have a very nice, like tropical home.
Speaker 1: Screen on your phone. Okay, it's not really like.
Speaker 2: You haven't combine things by color, and you don't have folders, and some of those things are a little off, but you did. She sent in one, and then she sent it a second one. She goes, I move the News Junkie app to the home screen. Wow, that's gonna win it for you.
Speaker 3: That is gonna win it exactly the ego boost that Sean needed to win this particular competition.
Speaker 2: You bet your butt Ashbomb Ashbomb eighty seven. You are our winner today. We'll have another one with Rate my Blank on Monday.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming the person who submitted the one with the boobs texted in and said, uh, those are my wife's boobs, ha ha, And I was like, it would actually be kind of funny if the person texting in was not the one who submitted the picture.
Speaker 1: Boobs on another person's phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, I've got a lot of these dispatches that I'll go through after the show.
Speaker 1: I'll take a look for sure.
Speaker 2: You can look at them yourselves over on the news junki dot com or in the app. That's gonna have to do it for today. Let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 1: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your eye c you so don't get cocky. It's done when we come today.
Speaker 2: It is Taylor for a Monday, June one, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Today. Learn this band right here, Yeah, the Blues Brothers, Zah, the Blues Brothers.
Speaker 2: When they were releasing that movie in nineteen eighty, executives who controlled over half the theaters in the country refused to book the film. They said, we're not going to have this in our theaters. There's a it's encouraging bad behavior. There's various things that it like about it. The film still became the tenth highest grossing domestic film of nineteen eighty regardless a contain budget.
Speaker 1: Like on the P and L.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, they had a cocaine budget for that movie. Spent a lot on it, from what I can tell. And finally, let's move over to the last one. Today learned at all the right hurt this guy right here, Tupac Tupac is correct. Tupac Amura Shakour was not named that right away the first few days of his life.
Speaker 1: Is official.
Speaker 2: The registered name was Lesan Parris Crooks, but his family said, I don't know, it just doesn't feel right, and they went back and changed his name after a couple of days to be Tupac Shakour, which well stuck. Thank you so much for hanging out with us who do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, the same place. Miss ending of the show. Get the podcast over the neews junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Everybody, let us see he has apstead of to distance strangs and I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back to plates kid. That's the way it is. That's just the way it is. Gee, that's just the wait.