Speaker 1: And what's new, Benjamin Anything fun?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, No. I went to the Wolves game the other night with old Saucy Saucer.
Speaker 1: I saw that it must be nice being one of the beautiful people. Yeah, it's not every day that you get to sit next to justin garden meet Sauce.
Speaker 2: No, not every day, not every day, especially as close as I sat next to Sauce. I mean we were shoulder to shoulder, Wenus to Weenus. I think our wenas has touched many times. Yeah, Christine, no, big thanks to our good buddy Charlie Swanson for the tickets and the experience. It was fun.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We just uh went down to uh you know, had a little drinking drink before the game and then do be yep, and then went to the game. And you know, as you guys know, and Corey you know this because you're a huge basketball fan. I mean, that experience of sitting court side is unlike anything else. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: I've never said court side.
Speaker 1: I've sat in that first row of the media section for like I don't know of ten years.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. Same thing.
Speaker 4: Here's how awesome it is.
Speaker 1: Twenty four hours ago, on this very show, Sauce broke down his front row experience and he said, quote watching strike too, watching Anthony Edwards play basketball is sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Now, did you spend most of your time sitting courtside thinking I can't wait to break it down on the power trip on Thursday and explain how sweet this is?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he summed it up. Yeah, yeah, I mean I don't even I don't even know what well is there to say. I mean, I don't have to go any further into that. And now us because he is it's sweet to watch him play. It also help you pick up women.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it does.
Speaker 2: You're Anthony y. That block he had was right in front of US hockey.
Speaker 5: But when he gets like, when he's engaged in the game, he's he's the best athlete the state's ever had.
Speaker 2: Uh, the the things. Okay, So this is where I and I get it. It's I look at a lot of sports through the football lens, and it's not fair because there's so many more games at basketball and hockey and baseball play. So I get it, but it is a little infuriating watching those guys lag around and just like play eighty percent basketball for three quarters and then when they decided to turn it on, it's like, oh my god, well there's not even a difference. I mean, there's a giant difference in this game between the talent. Because we were talking like, well, we're really going to lose to these guys, like we we couldn't even name any other Like nobody even knew. The people that were sitting around had no idea who the other guys on the court were, like and im and I'm saying the other team, like we who are these guys? Who are who are the Grizzlies? Right? And they and they were beating us, and then all of a sudden, the fourth quarter happens, and then you see this uptick in the way that that our guys are attacking, especially Randall Julius, like all of a sudden turned it on and he was attacking the hoop and then that led to other things, and then the energy and all this other stuff, Like so what you guys, just do that at the start of the game and put the other team out of misery and then you can kind of coast the rest of the game. Like I didn't understand, I don't understand the mentality of of flip flopping of like, no, let's just keep it close. We'll excuse exude about fifty percent energy and then we'll turn it on the fourth court and we'll win and we'll walk away.
Speaker 1: So would you say that watching Scottie Pippen Jr. Is not sweet? It's not sweet? See interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, although who's the uh, who's the white guy with the really bad abbot? It's kind of like abbitt Abbitt probably needs what what what this guy had? He he had basically the the ankle brace equivalent of of when Forrest Gump had the knee braces. What what was that? Because? Yeah, his brother plays in the NBA too. Spencer Is that right? If that spencer's his brother?
Speaker 1: Yes, this would be Cam Spencer Is that right? I don't know who Cam Spencer is, but he's on the roster.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. We were like, what's up with his ankle braces? Man? It's like it's from nineteen sixty. Yeah, he had two of them, he about both on. Yeah. Yeah, he looked like he was like literally right from Hoosiers. Yep.
Speaker 6: Oh man, no, that's a film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just Indiana Schliz, Yeah, I love Oh yeah he smashed a lot of slids. He definitely did. Wait, who are we talking about, Cam Spencer?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Hawk, I finally found that commercial with the broken ankle. With the broken ankle, listen to the audio if you can to play is it? How do I do that?
Speaker 2: Now? I have what I missed? Who broke their ankles?
Speaker 6: It's that commercial they played there in the Super Bowl that apparently I was the only person that ever saw. And it's for something to make your bone stronger or something. Yeah, you can't hear it. Anyway, I found it. I'll show it to you guys during the break because you actually hear the ankle break and see it twist underneath her, and I'm like, every time I see it on the commercial, I want to go throw up somewhere. Anyway, never mind, i'll play it for you later. Trust me, it's great.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do the news.
Speaker 4: This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 6: You got that right, Thanks, everybody appreciate it. There's something being called the San Diego almond crash. Oh no, yeah, almonds.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 7: We're loading up our tools, getting ready to go to work, and then we just hear a big boom from behind us. We look up, we see all these almonds start falling from the bridge and a big out of smoke, a bunch of ash, and everything's all falling down. And I came out to check my truck and it just got littered with almonds.
Speaker 8: I'm just scared.
Speaker 2: We were just like, oh my goodness, what's going on. We started videotaping, texting our manager. Yeah, so there are nuts. There was nut all over the interstage. Is that what you're saying? That's why Tomas yes gone? Yeah? Is he in San Diego?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's skipping a couple of San Diego good morning, oozing off the bridge.
Speaker 6: Huh, just snarling traffic.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, hock, you know how Sauce likes to eat?
Speaker 2: Watch this what Sauce? Yes?
Speaker 4: Blue Diamond Smokehouse almonds?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Outstand? Wow, one thousand out of ten.
Speaker 6: How have they never hired Blue Diamond Phillips?
Speaker 2: I think they have.
Speaker 1: I think he's been in an ad that would be genius Blue Diamond Phillips, I think he has.
Speaker 2: How would that? How would that song go?
Speaker 1: If Blue Diamond Phillips was singing about almonds?
Speaker 2: Would what was that?
Speaker 4: How would that song go? How would the theme song?
Speaker 1: Sound the slogan if Blue Diamond Phillips sang about smoke house almonds.
Speaker 2: Your name Miss Lou, and he doesn't get the bit. No, wait, I don't know the song, Phillips. I No, I don't. I can't. I can't picture the song either.
Speaker 4: It's got to be lebamba man. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Right, lah almonds, which is the Spanish fourth alemens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys, Did you guys see the whole thing about did you guys see the whole thing about the lion king? That whole viral video that went out there was this guy seemingly sounds like he understands the that the African language in which the that song was sang, and he's like, all it translates into is like here he's a lion, he's great or something like that. Is that right? Was it?
Speaker 1: Was it parody or was it an actual translationslation?
Speaker 4: It's either way. It's hilarious. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Not the best writing, not the best writing, not the best lyrics.
Speaker 1: Is it better than la la la la la omens, La la la la la omens.
Speaker 2: You know what happened? Phillips?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Blue Diamond Phillips is what happened when Tommy med Diamond Phillips.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Jesus Lord, what'd you do in San Diego?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got it.
Speaker 6: Oh, Minnesota's oldest operating theater is in danger of going out of business, and damn it, Ben, we need you and your TV show to to rally the troops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which one is it?
Speaker 6: It's the the Opera House in Farmington, I'm sorry in Fairmont, Minnesota. The Opera House in Fairmont, Minnesota open in nineteen oh one and now needs four million dollars to stay open. Grants donations have helped raise I wanted to have a million dollars so far, still not enough. If they can afford renovations, theater will still maintain his character, like the chandeliers which were installed ten years before the Titanic sank Minnesota's oldest operating theater.
Speaker 2: I mean it looks pretty cool.
Speaker 4: It's just pretty cool, right, it's old school.
Speaker 6: I love those old things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, are.
Speaker 6: It is crazy, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Like how?
Speaker 6: And I know, you know it's a cliche. Everybody says it and it's but it's also true, like the buildings that are built in nineteen ninety, nineteen eighty, even our stadiums are falling apart. But you got a theater built in nineteen oh one, right, that looks like it could withstand an earthquake.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah, you know, I mean you're gonna get mercury poisoning and if you go in there, yeah, I mean you're going to slowly die. But a non profit group bought that building for fifty one thousand dollars in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, guarantee it's haunted. It has to have to be if.
Speaker 6: It's not the ghost to really letting us down.
Speaker 2: I know, they really are disappointing.
Speaker 6: Level of buildings like that. Man, I look at that building and I can smell it, you know what I mean, Like, I know what it smells like, love it yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sweat and disappointment.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's exactly right. Like my bedroom in high school.
Speaker 2: You mean the backseat of your car, well.
Speaker 6: That too, but that also smelled like ace kicking you were you know, I did a lot of bleeding in the back cinema car.
Speaker 2: Fuck. Have you have you done much theater? You're fighting? No, I haven't.
Speaker 6: I played a lot of gigs, a lot of theaters, but I've I've only done a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that's something that you could get into. I would really love it. Yeah, you would have been Yeah, you'd be good at it.
Speaker 6: It'd be fun like musical theater and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean you know how to project your voice, and I think you're animated and you could like really get into the parts.
Speaker 6: I'd enjoy it. I'd try it for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think you'd have a hard time. I'm like memorizing the lines either. It's just basically music lyrics. Yeah, man, and you know, if you forget the line, make it up. Yeah. Sure, Hills are alive with Hooters, sir, this is a Colleen show. Well, hie, Yeah, don't do that. The Children's stater on Hopkins, damn it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like that place, by the way, place, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: So if you could be in any play, which one would you pick?
Speaker 2: And wine? Hold On? I was in a play once, Yes, I was like high school in The Great Pumpkin Close.
Speaker 5: I was in I think it was seventh or eighth grade. I was in Robin Hood. I was Friar Tuck.
Speaker 6: Second most guessable because uh, that's hold on it might be cool. Let me get through this for a second. Tommy auditioned to be the pan in Peter Pan Come.
Speaker 1: Why my guess if he had been in Robin, had he been, he would have been one of the merry men.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, he definitely would have been one of the merry men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun. You were friar talk. Yeah, so you had lines I did? Yeah? Wow, what were some of the lines you remember?
Speaker 5: Uh no, I think I like wrote him down on my hands so I could read him. I was It was fun. It was a fun thing to do. People that can do that in all right, that's a talent. Not everybody can do that. It was sweet. I would do it again. I should have done more of it. And who knew after all these years he'd have the same haircut?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was Oh yeah, I do. I know. I'm ugly.
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 6: You know, like, why do you keep saying that we have the haircut?
Speaker 4: I did not say you were ugly. Your son cried for an hour looking at your face. That's all the proof.
Speaker 3: I felt so bad. I shouldn't have done it. I should have let my wispy puby beard go.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: The podcast did kel sauce videotape that no, because.
Speaker 5: She needs She sent me a video on Instagram of kids reaction to it. Yeah, that's all the same. They freak out, that's not my dad, and all these.
Speaker 6: Kids were reacting to your face.
Speaker 1: Like watching Two Girls, One Cup just sauce his face. Yeah, I put back on.
Speaker 5: Watches the video just kind of looks around the room to see if anybody's in the room.
Speaker 1: That I don't know, if, I don't know if I have ever laughed harder in my entire life. When when the Two Girls One Cup thing went viral and everybody was filming their friends reacting to that video for the first first time. Do you remember somebody posted a video of a muppet Kermit? Yeah, like looking around, getting literally almost my pants.
Speaker 5: I laughed so hard I could react, and he's grossed out.
Speaker 2: The whole world was.
Speaker 4: Grossed out by it. But apparently that was Kermit's dead Kermit.
Speaker 2: I laughed so hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I showed just as many people of that video as I did the actual video.
Speaker 4: Like you got to see this Kermit reaction video.
Speaker 2: It's the best. Have you seen that?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: God, dude, it's so freaking good. How long ago? Was that like almost twenty years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Got to be the early two thousands. God dang, that was funny. Yeah, all right, Sports in a.
Speaker 1: Second more with Ben Labor, Saucel Walkers through sports after this on.
Speaker 6: The vand look, it's like the old days. Just the four of us. Ben Leber's here and Saucy and Corey and I just the four of us. We can make it if we try, like the old days.
Speaker 2: Look at us.
Speaker 6: Remember being back in the early days when you just started joining the Power Trip and you were like, why am I wasting my time?
Speaker 2: I think about that all the time. Yes, and I'm like, why do I even get up for this trash? Right right, same same.
Speaker 5: We all laughed the hardest we've all laughed in a long time.
Speaker 2: So good. Corey was crying. I mean, I haven't seen it in years.
Speaker 4: I forgot how funny face?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's funny. Yeah. So thankfully we live in an age where nothing disappears. It was the first thing that came up when I just typed in curve to girls wort cup. Oh my god, I mean I've never seen that. And yes, that was a full on gut laugh man. Something I mean, what a day to start a Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just mentioned to you guys during the break that was I'm not saying hate and divisiveness didn't exist on the Internet, but that was back in the day where everybody the goal of social media or the internet was to race to find something that you could show everybody else, and we all once in a while like that would collectively watch some viral video as a world together and all laugh and be like, have you seen this?
Speaker 4: Have you seen chocolate rain?
Speaker 2: Have you seen?
Speaker 1: And that's what the internet was. It was just can we find something viral to laugh at?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: And now it's can we all find something to get mad about? It's just not as that's when the Internet was fun.
Speaker 2: So I wonder the guy that created that whole Kermit video is that that he just happened to have a Kermit puppet or or was it a very intentional Like now, it can't be any animal, it's got to be Kurves.
Speaker 4: Gotta be you gotta do the voice.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's not a great one, but yeah it's better than the one.
Speaker 4: On the Muppet Show. Hashtag that's not my Kurmit.
Speaker 6: The best part for me is how long it takes him to slide the lotions.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love it and it's very genius that the Just like all of the reaction videos to Two Girls, One Cup started, it was always a couple of friends going all right, watch this, watch this.
Speaker 1: So the beginning of the Kermit video, there's the guy going all right, here it is.
Speaker 4: Then you can see he leaves the room.
Speaker 1: It's so much funnier that the joke starts with somebody else in the room, so that when Kerman has to look over his shoulder, he is looking is that guy still here?
Speaker 2: Did he leave? Got it?
Speaker 4: So look over his shoulders so freaking good, and he doesn't.
Speaker 5: Then he twice the stuff in his hand and then he looks around checks.
Speaker 2: I think the best line of the whole thing is when he so he's horrified, and then all of a sudden, as he gets into it, he goes.
Speaker 8: Hermit the fraud hermits that go yeah, Kermit is great. So, yeah, that was a good week to start Thursday. All these years of coming in this early in the morning, yep. Yeah, to day brighteners with that, that.
Speaker 2: Really is yeah.
Speaker 4: Time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 6: I'm presented by All Around your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 5: We've talked about it a lot this offseason, Ben, but the rumor came out last night that the Vikings will also be releasing Jonathan Allen. So, so far your Vikings are going to release unless they are traded Jonathan Allen, Hargrave and Aaron Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the thing is, like, that's to me, it's a it's a little surprising because I just thought that he was performance wise, he was consistent. Now maybe not the level that we thought we are going to get, but again, it's it's still a giant cap hit. I think we only save what six million dollars, yeah, something like that, eating like eighteen of it. Yeah, so you're taking on still a lot of money. So you're basically just saying you're gonna we we need cap relief so badly that we're willing to give up a guy that is a decent starter for six million dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 5: His cap hit is twenty three point eighty six. The dead cap is seventeen million.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so yeah, I guess obviously we're I think all indicators are pointing towards we're not gonna be probably given up a lot of equity in the draft to go get other players. So I think that probably means that like a mac Jones is probably out. Unfortunately for me, that probably means like a Derek Carr is probably out unless that unless that compensation package to the Saints is way lower than we think, we know that there's probably gonna be some competition in there, so you even just sweeten the pot a little bit. When it comes to free agents. I don't see us being tier one free agent buyers, which I didn't expect anyway, but I just I at least thought that there'd be some excitement going into free agency of like, oh, okay, we're not going to be Day one guys. You know, we're not going to be this illegal tampering period, Like oh, there's this hot rumor that the Vikings are going to go after this guy. But I thought, you know, day three, day four, we get a you know, a second level player. I don't even know if that's going to be the case. It's going to be just a lot of depth guys.
Speaker 6: Are you are we just are we rebuilding?
Speaker 2: It seems like that, Yeah, it just seems like, you know, whether it's gonna be Brazinski, that takes over or it's gonna be new GM guy. It's like we're gonna basically wipe the slate clean and let the new GM whoever it is, start fresh.
Speaker 1: So, if you are doing a silent rebuild, is Kyler Murray the right guy to be your quarterback?
Speaker 2: If you're going through a rebuilding process contractually? Probably you know again I've said that, you know, asking me skill wise and fit. I don't think he's the best fit. I think that he's better than what we had last year. But do I think he's the long term solution. I don't know. I have my doubts about that. But when you look at the contract and what he's available for in the mutual admiration that he has, at least according to the reports, that he wants to come here as well. So that means even if there is a bidding war, you might only have to pay him, oh a million or two bucks because he's getting paid a ton by the Cardinals, So he doesn't have to go out there and command top dollar. He doesn't have to go out through the market and say I'm going to have these teams compete for my services and just and just ratch up the price tag he's gonna say I'm gonna where I to go and I think I can thrive. And if the Vikings throw out something like chump change of a million and a half, and it's like, okay, cool, I'll do that because I know I'm getting my paycheck through Arizona.
Speaker 5: And you also, even if you're in a silent rebuild, the one thing you have to do is you have to keep that wide receiver happy because if he goes through another year where for sure it's bad quarterback play and McCarthy is missing him or he's injured, and they have and the you know, brose Mer, some guy that isn't really capable yet of playing in professional football, and then you have another year where he's got to chase a thousand yards at the end of the season, he has what two touchdowns, and he has like a four month in between getting him. You have to balance that too, and that's where somebody like a Kyler Murray can maybe help that out, because you're gonna be looking at them training him next year as well.
Speaker 4: Ben, did you see the other team that flat.
Speaker 1: Out said we would love Kyler to play for us.
Speaker 2: No, probably Jets, Nope, who Sauce you know Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Nope, Oh yeah, I do know what you're gonna say, now baseball, Ye.
Speaker 1: The Oakland slash future Las Vegas A's. The A's GM said, quote, We're always open to him exploring a return to baseball with the A's if that time ever comes.
Speaker 4: He was the ninth overall.
Speaker 1: Pick in the twenty eighteen Major League Baseball drafts, So I don't think the A's expect him to ever just go full Michael Jordan here and switch to baseball. But the A's are like, if he ever wants to what a fallback plan?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 6: If you just said this, is he the only player to ever be first rounder in both leagues?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Bo was Chris Winki?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 2: So? Hmm? Oh man, I don't know. I don't know. I mean, it's got to be He's got to be either one of one or one of like two or three. It can't be a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, And probably it's It's the fact that it happened in the same year is really different too, because baseball players usually get drafted really young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this says it's a I but on Google that Kyler is the only player in history to be selected in the first round of both the NFL and MLB drafts.
Speaker 2: Even if both Jackson wasn't.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if it worked, like if he went to baseball and was an All star level baseball player, How cool that would be amazing.
Speaker 4: It would be an unbelievable story.
Speaker 1: It's been something like we've never seen quite almost never seen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Dion plates in baseball, Bo Jackson plates in baseball.
Speaker 2: But this would be completely different.
Speaker 5: Russell Wilson played for the Yankees in a couple of preseason games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was not a first rounder though, was he? No, he was not.
Speaker 5: Jamis Winston was a fifteenth round pick by the Texas Rangers. Matt Castle was drafted. Eric Decker was drafted in the thirty ninth round by the Brewers.
Speaker 2: I think I was too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the story I read this morning about the A's saying this is I forgot that the timeline for Kyler was honestly headed towards baseball. He was all in on baseball, but then won the Heisman, and then all of a sudden his pro football prospects greatly changed, and then his attitude changed. But he was going to be a baseball player and then won the Heisman.
Speaker 4: Whoops?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bo Jackson was a fourth round pick in the baseball draft. Geez, think about that.
Speaker 2: Like Bo Jackson regarded as one of the greatest athletes of all time and he was a fourth round baseball selection.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dion was a he was a sixth round pick.
Speaker 2: In baseball. So Kyler was what a second basement shortstop? He's a he's a middle infielder, right, Yeah, I would assume shit stop, that's normally the best athlete on the team. Yeah, super quick, fast, Yeah, obviously shortened stature.
Speaker 1: So what what would he be good at with the Minnesota Vikings? What would you like about his game with this system?
Speaker 4: And what would you not.
Speaker 2: Like about this great questions? The thing is good question. I think that he's he's he's accurate.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That is one thing that KOs talks about a lot is his quarterbacks have to be accurate. I think a lot of that too, is just his improvational, improvisational skills. I think allows for secondary routes to come open, so maybe the windows to throw into maybe aren't as tight sometimes just because of his creativity. I gotta be honest. This is why, this is why I just don't think that he's he's a tremendous athlete. He's a good football player. I don't think he's a great football player, and I think that, you know, just lucky his last couple of years, last few years, and his whole time in Arizona. I don't know if anybody he's been in the Pro Bowl a couple times, but we all know that's kind of a farce. That doesn't really mean anything. There's just a lot of inconsistencies to his game. So he's just learning how to be a play action quarterback. He's just learning how to go under center. He's only been under center the last two years. You know, when Drew Petsen got there as the offensive coordinator with that new coaching staff, he wanted to run more play action and wanted to run more under center stuff. Before that, I think he was ninety two percent shotgun under Cliff Kingsbury. Ok okay, and that's what he was in college as well. So the idea of him just walking into this offense and going under center that we have seen the way KOC likes to do with play action pass is still gonna be very new to him. I mean, I would say he and JJ probably are in the same developmental path when it comes to being an under the center quarterback, that concerns me. I mean, there are other quarterbacks out there that are more comble under center. He doesn't necessarily throw the ball down the field all that well on a per pass basis. So I broke down, this is going to get really nerdy and stady. Okay, So I looked at the last five seasons of both he and Derek Carr, going from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four. I kind of excluded obviously exclude twenty twenty five because Derek car didn't play, And then I looked at just the twenty twenty four stats in a five year breakdown. Again, Murray's going through multiple offensive coordinators and Derek Carr is going through some stuff as well. Derek Carr threw for one hundred and fourteen touchdowns to fifty interceptions Murray ninety five to forty five. So Carr on the five year numbers is throwing nineteen more touchdowns. Yes, he threw five more interceptions, but do you live with the five more interceptions if he's throwing nineteen more touchdowns. Car attempts deeper passes on average eight point one eight to seven point three six, Car is a higher quarterback rating over that five years ninety six point one to ninety three. He has a lower sack percentage. Yes, oh yeah, that's interesting though. So for all that scrambling around, in all of that just creation that he has, Kyler Murray gets sacked five point six percent of the time to Derek Carr's four point eight and then Car throws for more play action passes per year, six hundred and fifty nine yards to five hundred and forty eight yards. So then you look at just the twenty four stats, that's the true indication of just like, okay, this was the best version that we've ever seen of Kyler Murray be a complete quarterback under center more often than being in shotgun. So just twenty twenty four, if you compare those two guys, Derek Carr threw down the field seven point eight yards per pass play whether they were completed or not, just targets alone, which is nineteenth in the league. We are an intermediate to deep passing game. Kyler Murray was thirty first in the league at six point eight. So the version of Kyler Murray in twenty twenty four looked more like Aaron Rodgers this last year. Is that something that you get excited about. I don't with this offense. You know, so Pro Football Reference charts bad throws, the number of bad throws they had, this whole advanced metric. So this is just going off a Pro Football Reference. Derek Carr had thirty seven bad throws in twenty twenty four. Kyler Murray had sixty six. Okay, the quarterback rating between the two one A one to ninety three point five. So oh that's kafan the plus that you can hear all the hockey. So when I say that, could it work? Absolutely, it could work. Would I be excited about it? Yeah, more excited than maybe watching version two of JJ McCarthy from what we saw this last year. But do I think he's the best option. No?
Speaker 1: But does he have enough f letticism, talent, abilities, skills, whatever words you want to use that. If you know Chaos is the one of the quarterback whisperers in the NFL, is that what you're betting on is that whatever Kyler has not harnessed in his whatever it is, six seven year career, that this is the chance that Chaos can bring the best out of him.
Speaker 6: Hold that thought. Let's answer that when we come back.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of the radio tea. Yeah, good question, Car.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have set it up as a tea so Abbot would have been so proud of me.
Speaker 6: He's still a little bit proud, Bud.
Speaker 2: He's just zabba here today.
Speaker 6: He'll be here in about three hours. He's walking down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Why does it take him so hard? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Him getting a coffee is like the Donner party. He might not make somebody, not the Doahmer party.
Speaker 2: That was a party of one. An easy reservation.
Speaker 1: Viking's News in a second, More Sports Lady with Ben Lieber.
Speaker 4: This is the powers You want to join the fan?
Speaker 2: Hey, then yes, Sah.
Speaker 6: I know you've been retired from the NFL and you're moved out of the television and coverage of the NFL, and then we're so glad to have you here on the part of morning show. But I really think, and I really want you to think about what I'm about to say. Please consider this. Don't just poop it because I'm an idiot and I'm the one saying it.
Speaker 2: Okay, please, I will do that.
Speaker 6: You could just slap the living crap out of somebody, you gotta join slab matches. You need to start slapping people. I don't think you realize that the biggest slap match in the history of slab matches is coming up this Friday on YouTube. We just played a spot for it, and the first thing I thought of is that man's got strong hands.
Speaker 2: You should slap the living crap compared to what I've seen on the highlights. A. I don't have big enough hands or media enough hands to cause any damage. And then I'd be such a wuss. I would take one shot like they would. They would like I think I'd get disqualified because I'd flinched too much, like try to move out of the way. I don't. I don't have the courage to stand there and get just punched in the face.
Speaker 1: I don't think we give Chris Rock enough credit for taking that slap like a champ. Yeah, Like he didn't fall on his ass and then flop around, right, He stood there like wow.
Speaker 4: Dude, and that was it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, hard.
Speaker 4: On National TV and he really didn't flinch.
Speaker 2: That's a whoosy slap, though, Will Smith. I mean it was kind of girly, really, yeah, I thought so. Yeah, I think that's why thought it was a joke. Keep his it was mouth, it was it was insane. Did it work though?
Speaker 6: Has he kept her name out of his mouth?
Speaker 2: Don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he did, because he definitely mentioned that a lot.
Speaker 2: On his next comedy special.
Speaker 1: It walked through that and didn't have a lot of nice things to say about those people. Yeah, yeah, it's weird how one slap changes his entire career.
Speaker 6: It did.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Will obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like everybody looks at him differently now, as they probably should.
Speaker 2: It was psychotic, it was crazy. It was such a crazy town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, let's answer the.
Speaker 6: Cry and slap matches by the way.
Speaker 2: I think you are.
Speaker 1: I think it's let's let's answer the teas because I have unbelievable breaking news.
Speaker 4: You're breaking news, not sports.
Speaker 1: Related, Kermit related, Nope, not Krimin related, the.
Speaker 6: Vikings news.
Speaker 7: Rod co.
Speaker 1: All right, So if I remember my own teas, I believe I was asking about Kaos getting the most out of Kyler if Kyler comes here, and what do you think he can pull out of him?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that he is going to have to really, it will be I think that the storyline is going to be how much is Chaos willing to move off of what his philosophies are. Is there going to be a true meeting in the middle of getting the best out of Kyler but also stretching Kyler to the point where Kyler becomes a different type of player than what we've known him to be. How much of that do you want to do? You know is do you want to just let Kyler be Kyler? And it's the whole adage, like you call plays and you put him in the best situations to succeed, or does he come in and Chaos has got to pull back a little bit and or push him a little bit more and make him more of a play action quarterback, make him more of an under center the quarterback, make him more of a pocket passer and not just rely on his legs all the time. There's no doubt that Chaos can can have him play well. I don't think that that's it's but what level do you want him to play at? I think that'll be the interesting thing, because you know, as we've seen the other the other part, I'll start like this, the other thing that we've seen historically from chaos is he wants to establish the run he does. I think he has a hard time committing to the run sometimes just just by the the game flow goes. And he admits that after a lot of games like should have stuck to the run game got away from me a little bit, especially earlier his career when he's calling plays. We don't have a viable run game right now, we're letting Aaron Jones go. I know he played about half the season, but I don't think Jordan Mason is your bell coal three down back. Like. We're still looking for a game changing running back, and I think that's something that Kyler needs. Kyler more than anybody else, does not need to be dropping back fifty times a game, forty five times a game in this deep passing scheme that to me doesn't work. Now, I could be very surprised by his development and what he can be, he can transition to be to become. But unless there's a way that we can find a running back in the draft or free agency, develop more of a true running system, and then use more play action off of that, I don't think that. I don't think that Koc wants to run the version of Cliff Kingsbury's offense that Kyler's excels at the most. I just don't see that dynamic happening.
Speaker 1: If JJ McCarthy is still on the team, let's say he's not traded or release. If they sign Kyler, right, it is truly like, all right, JJ still needs to learn.
Speaker 4: We're going to keep him in the system, We're going to keep him here. But Kyler's the guy.
Speaker 1: My guess is, if you signed Kyler Murray, there's no competition, he's going to be the starter. Then how short of a leash does Kyler have? Because it's not like you're spending forty million to get him in here. It's like you said earlier, it's going to be unbelievably cheap to get Kyler here. Right, So four or five games in, you're one in four or something like that, and Kyler's not playing well, how quickly do you say, well, this isn't working, let's go back to the kid, because now this is our chance to see. Well, I know we're getting so far ahead of ourselves, but how long of a leash do you give a guy like Kyler Murray when he doesn't have a lot of equity with his team, I think.
Speaker 4: You give him a long leash, like the whole year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, if that's the case, So if he has a whole season leash, then what's the point of keeping McCarthy.
Speaker 6: Well, that's I mean, he's only twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Saus and I were just talking off air, and I think that we kind of agree on this, and Saus obviously jump in if I'm gonna say something that you know is out of out of bounds here, but.
Speaker 1: I promise you he prefers that you paraphrase for him and put it in your words what he was trying to say, what he said.
Speaker 2: So we we kind of concluded that the way it looks from an action standpoint, a decision making standpoint, if you bring in a guy like Kyler, if you make trades for Matt Jones and you make a move for Daniel Jones to get him back, that's that tells me that they probably are going to eventually move on from JJ McCarthy. Any other situation, including the guy that I want in Derek carr Gino Smith, any throw any other name out there, Aaron Rodgers, even that is a situation where like, no, we're gonna come we're gonna have J. You compete, may the best man win. You save face a little bit, and then there's the opportunity for JJ to just to marinate and mature for one more season, and then give him the reins and the opportunity again to maybe close out the last two years of a five year situation. That that scenario would be in play. I believe if you bring in a young guy like Kyler Murray on such a cheap contract or those other two quarterbacks that we mentioned, that most likely JJ's tenure here will probably be over. Thank you for your honesty. Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention.
Speaker 7: I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 1: How many of you have seen the movie Alice in Wonderland, the original Disney Carts. It's been a while, Yeah, you've all seen it right now. It's one of the best, if you ask me, one of the better ones. And I've never watched it high or drunk, but I can imagine it's spectacular.
Speaker 2: If you, oh, I'm sure it is. You're under the influence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, you guys, remember the end when they get to the Queen of Hearts, and they played croquet by by grabbing flamingos by the neck. You're like grabbing him by the ankles, and then they're playing croquet by hitting flamingos into the croquet balls. Yeah, this is it's actually really kind of tough to watch.
Speaker 4: It sucks, but I'm going to read the story. This basically that happened.
Speaker 1: What a tourist faces charges after Las Vegas police said the guy stole a flamingo from the Flamingo hotel and took the bird back to his room injuring it. Mitchell Fairbarn, thirty three, of Canada, faces four counts of felony animal abuse. On Tuesday, Metro Police received a call from the hotel about a man later identified as Mitchell, who allegedly broke into the properties Flamingo habitat and injured several birds. They show a video of him reaching the habitat around five am.
Speaker 4: And then grabbing a bird named Peachy.
Speaker 1: He also allegedly injured other animals in the process, including pinning one down and a second bird he pinned and wasn't letting it escape. The video shows him then returning to the hotel room with the animal. It's weird there's a video of him in the elevator with another guy in the elevator, and he's got the flamingo by the neck like again, like he's about to play croquet. Now was in wonderland, jeeves, It's like what is going on here? He admitted to police that he trespassed into the bird's habitat after seeing a flamingo in distress. He said he went in there to pop the bird's wing back into place. Oh by wow, He stated he knows that popping the wing back into which place is a common practice for birds such as ducks.
Speaker 4: He knows this because he's quote a farm boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh okay.
Speaker 1: On Fairbarnes phone, police located several photos and videos of him with the animal, including him torturing it, and in one video, he indicated he planned on taking the bird home.
Speaker 6: Dude, did you see what he did to torture the bird?
Speaker 2: No? What did he do?
Speaker 6: I don't even I can't even say it.
Speaker 2: So beyond popping his wing back in the place.
Speaker 6: He made it watch sauce to stand up.
Speaker 2: Oh, he tape his eyes open. That poor thing.
Speaker 1: He uh, he he grabbed it yesterday. He threw flew from Las Vegas, Nevada to a Dina Minnesota and not even first class, and held that flamingo by a snack and like and like Conan O'Brien peeking through a window. He made that flamingo watch sauce, shave his face, and that son of a bitch cried for an hour.
Speaker 6: Oh and birds aren't supposed to cry.
Speaker 4: He clockwork orange.
Speaker 1: That flamingo's eyes said, you need to see this poor bird peach. So yeah, he's in a lot of trouble. Obviously, his bail was set at twelve thousand dollars. He was also ordered to have no animals and his possession and he had to surrender his passport. I don't go through the Flamingo casino very often.
Speaker 2: I know you guys love it.
Speaker 4: I don't go through very often.
Speaker 1: But obviously when I first got to Vegas when I was twenty one, you go through like the flamingo habitat this just random flamingos.
Speaker 4: You're like, this is kind of badass.
Speaker 5: There's a bunch of that cool spot down town. They have a bunch of them too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy's thirty three just said I'm getting in there.
Speaker 6: He hates them.
Speaker 2: What to So do we know what happened to the old flamingo after he was as ye like, probably sent to the vet repaired and got brought back. He didn't kill the thing, did he? No?
Speaker 1: I don't believe it's dead. But they did say, where's his video? Here?
Speaker 3: Hang on?
Speaker 2: They said they.
Speaker 1: Found hang on scroll scroll scroll Inside the hotel room, police located a quote, large bloody feather along with other materials. So, I mean, whether they had to put the flamingo down or not, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: But he messed him up pretty good, just grabbed him and threw him around.
Speaker 1: And choked him and again, if he had just played croquet, he would have gone full Alice in wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the guys from the hangover had Mike Tyson's tiger. That's true, man.
Speaker 1: Good look getting a tiger in an elevator by the throat and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the still shots are nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This guy just walking up and see it? Can you see it?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just walking down the hallway choking up flamingos.
Speaker 2: That's not a un go. What don't you confront that guy in the elevator though, if you're a somebody in the elevator with him and you're like, Okay, this is the most but I'm either high as hell right now. You call the police, but like, don't you confront the guy and like a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would, because if a guy's crazy enough to climb into the Flamingo habitat and grab one and choke one and take him to his room, my guess is he's willing to try to choke me and kill me too.
Speaker 4: I'm just calling the police and being like, this guy's chilling.
Speaker 2: Can I hear him talking? I hear his Canadian I'm like, well, I can take this guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said you nice emotional support woman.
Speaker 4: Yes, Peach did not look like a willing participant.
Speaker 2: Poor.
Speaker 6: You know, they're only pink because they eat enough shrimp to make them pink.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. Yeah, Wow, they love shrimp.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should be covered in bread cory.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why it's so white. You should yeah, chicken meat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you look like a chicken finger without the breading that's been dropped on the floor and step gone.
Speaker 1: If you ever were in an elevator and somebody just had a chicken by his throat and you're like, man, it's unbelievable. I just ran into blank. The Colonel, come on, good guess, good guess, but come on.
Speaker 2: You can do this. Chicken neck elevator.
Speaker 4: Those are all words that I used.
Speaker 2: Put them together.
Speaker 1: Chris knows the joke. It's not even a good joke. I just wanted to see if anybody would get it quickly. The Tyson's Chicken guy, No, I don't get it. Who roasts chickens alive?
Speaker 2: Glenn Taylor?
Speaker 4: Taylor more than Power Trie money to have on the fan.