Speaker 1: That man. You should have seen the disappointment on Sausa's face when Parker Fox walked in just carrying some waffle juice.
Speaker 2: What's the actual title on it there.
Speaker 3: Power Cakes, flap Jack quick Mix. He said, he doesn't go to the store.
Speaker 4: He didn't go to the store when it was the last time you quick mix talk m right now. He said, if you brought him in waffles, he.
Speaker 5: Would, So you just have everything delivered to your house. You don't go to the store.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I went to Target for the first time, probably like a week ago, when Taylor was gone because I needed something. Wait a minute, not the first time ever. Well no, not the first time, and the first time in like years, yeah, years. And I mean I'll go with Taylor sometimes, but like the other day, she was like, you want to go to the store, and I was like, well, that means you're gonna go to Target, then you're gonna go to Aldi or maybe cub or then you're gonna go somewhere else. And I don't know if I want to do that?
Speaker 2: So smart? Can you blame me? You get it?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: We got Amazon, we got Prime, we got quick Delivery.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, I love shopping. I always love it.
Speaker 2: I like the impulse buying.
Speaker 5: I don't do it very often, like normally, I'm I'm more all right, I'm gonna go get the three or four things that I need and get out fair enough when my wife is the opposite. But still once in a while it's like there's a three or four things. Hey, that looks good, I need waffle mix, and you go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I just realized. When I was in the cub today, I was like, I don't know the last time I've like really went in shop. So I was like, where the heck could waffle mix be? I thought they used to have like the big yellow bottle or whatever, you know what I mean. Yeah, I could not find that anywhere. No, couldn't find that anywhere. And cub at seven am is I don't know if the customer service is all there. So but nonetheless I found a substitute.
Speaker 2: So maybe there's a waffle maker around. Get excited. You're gonna throw it away.
Speaker 5: Nothing left here anymore, man, Just just to hammer that, just slam it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take a swig, try it.
Speaker 1: Man, See I mean, why not the juice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's no, this isn't syrup juice. It's taste.
Speaker 4: It's like the mix for to make pancakes. I'm pretty sure. Yeah, pre put I pre put water in there too, So.
Speaker 5: That's what it's gonna look like when it's in your colon. Anyway, just started making like that.
Speaker 1: My care put between your very warm, damn moist thighs.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 2: Talk about a yet, hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk about it.
Speaker 2: No, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: Thanks Parker, Thanks flat Jack.
Speaker 2: How's your name?
Speaker 1: But he's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just what you have done?
Speaker 4: Minor minor surgery on Monday, got a little uh clean up. I had a cyclops lesion and then some hardware removal. Yeah, so how many surgeries is for you?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Make about a bakerars?
Speaker 5: That guy that was number four, number four, number four, hopefully the last one too.
Speaker 2: So if one's.
Speaker 4: Free, yeah, I want to get it done. Well, actually this one was free too. That you covers it up to two years after you leave school. So it's like I gotta get I gotta get stay done whole exactly so before I know, and I'm sure i'll neednee replacements. But golf is almost here this summer, thought, Yeah, so you gotta get it done. Common played yesterday Yeah, did you really good for him? I think there's a couple of courses open in a couple of other places. I think that's where it's supposed to be. Sixty nine today. Wow, sweet, that's right, that's right, seventy next Tuesday, and then snow a week from Thursday.
Speaker 1: Oh sweet, great, you're right for the news. But what the news?
Speaker 2: Do it? Wait? Did do order yet? With Chris Hockey presented by the St Paul Satan You say Paul Saints.
Speaker 1: Opening day for the Saints is March thirty. First, get your tickets now, man. Everybody's getting a sweet hoodie just for going to see hs field first five, first thousand people. Anyway, I love the Saint Paul Saints. We're mixing up some batter with the Saint Paul Saints. We ought to have our own waffle day at Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 5: Or a waffle stand. Do they have a do they have a small space where we can set up a pop up shop and just sell waffles?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or instead of a kissing booth, a flashing booth and we get Skaggins and the seafert and alec Lewis anyone else put those things out for fifty cents, all.
Speaker 2: The rest of the great male journalisms anyone else.
Speaker 1: High No, just those three. I've seen the rest of them too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put them away, lavel.
Speaker 1: Down Now you took it too far.
Speaker 2: You don't know where the line is.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here's a weird story that's very very serious, and I'll start the news with it. But as she prepares to her return to the Today Show, Savannah Guthrie has taped an interview with Interview with Hodacopy sit Down Well air Thursday and Friday on Today. It will be Guthrie's first interview since her mom and Nancy Guthrie, went missing, the victim of an apparent kidnapping nearly two months ago. NBC aired a short clip for the of the interview. I should say on Wednesday morning, someone needs to do the right thing. We are in agony. We are in agony. It is unbearable, Guthrie said, through tears. How do you go back to work? But how do you not go back to work? I mean, I mean, how do you get back with life? And it's not like she's going to work a regular job. She's got to go on TV every day. Isn't that something right?
Speaker 5: I honestly don't know how you do it because you have to have this weird kind of guilt of going back to normal when, like you just said, you have the rest of your life to live and if she never comes back, you can't wait forever. It's the impossible question that nobody wants to think about because it's a terrible, terrible choice. You either do nothing the rest of your life in sulk. That's a terrible idea, yeah, or you do this and have like weird survivors guilt, right, and it's a no win situation.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, And this is I'm going to qualify it, even though I don't think I should have to. But you guys know this is not I feel. But I would say that when you guys agree, there's a ninety percent chance that the reason her mom was kidnapped because is because she's on television.
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah, right, yeah, definitely could be. I mean, it's definitely a possibility.
Speaker 1: Right, So, man, I don't know, to fifty four years old, the centerpiece of the Today Show, one of the most important franchises in at NBCUniversal, So eventually she was going to have to go back to work, but still no word amazing that in this day and age that can happen. Amazing crazy that can happen. So I don't know. I hope for a miracle, but I can't. I can't imagine. Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when a handful of days ago, the Guthrie family was like trying to I beg maybe the wrong word, but kind of begged the public to not forget about this story and not lose track, It's like, well, you know that's isn't that The investigator's job is to keep from the case moving. I mean, all we can do is it's not like we stopped caring. It's just like there's no new information. If there was new information, we'd be like, oh, what's the update?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 5: So I don't you know, I know they want us to keep caring. I think everybody thinks it's a terrible story, but there's nothing new.
Speaker 4: That's got to be the hardest part of like victims' families, of like trying to sit back and let you know, the professionals do their job.
Speaker 2: It's like, how can I just sit here and do nothing?
Speaker 4: You know, right, You're not just going to go search neighborhoods for nothing, right, you need leads.
Speaker 5: It's it's terrible, man, I terrible. I can't imagine there's going to be a happy ending there. But there have been before though, sure.
Speaker 1: You know, like there's a documentary about that, that young lady who.
Speaker 2: Was gone for I mean ever, Elizabeth Smart.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and that's a super happy ending even though she went through help. But I would argue, and this is I think what Savannah Guthrie is already hinted at. I think they just want resolution, even if she is dead. If she's dead, they want it to be over, whether she's returned alive or dead.
Speaker 4: They just don't want this kind of purgatory for the rest of their lives, not knowing what they should be doing.
Speaker 2: Correct. Should you keep looking or should you move on? You just want to answer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of our fine sponsors on the show is Saint Cloud State University. And this happened yesterday and some love going out to the Saint Cloud PD for handling this as quickly and as well as they did. Police say a Saint Cloud State University student was arrested on Monday after threatening to carry out a shooting on campus. Saint Cloud PD says it received a report of threats on the SCSU campus just before two pm, officers arrived to learn that a twenty nine year old man had threatened to shoot other students on the campus. The man from Saint Cloud was found to be in possession of a handgun and was taken into custody, with police also finding replica guns and other things in his belongings, taking to Sterns kind of jail, being held pending charges. The investigation is ongoing. But every story that I read that was kind of ancillary to this, you know, was saying that the cops responded perfectly and quickly, and thanks to the students and some student security people, the resolution was quick and taking care of perfectly and nobody got hurt. So thank God for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's spooky.
Speaker 1: That's terrifying, right, yeah, terrifying. So there you go. Here's a sports story that I find very very fun. Years from now, Carter Baumbler, I'm sure this night, you say it likely, I won't need to think for too long. We're recalling that he found out he was making a big league roster for the first time. Texas Rangers manager Skip Schumacher made that's right, made the moment memorable by sharing the news during a mound visit on Monday in Arlington, Texas. That's right, he was on the mound. He was pitching, and out of nowhere here came as manager to tell him he had made the squad.
Speaker 2: Brilliant.
Speaker 1: Isn't that cool?
Speaker 2: That's sweet?
Speaker 5: So I thought he was going to get removed from the game, but instead it was say by the way, he made the team.
Speaker 6: I wasn't expecting it. I was like, why is he coming out here? And he got on the mound and told me I made the team. It's pretty cool. I mean honestly, I thought I was getting taken out of the game. I didn't know what was going on. Obviously, whenever the manager comes out, are you're usually done?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He just came up and told me I made the team, and everybody just said congrats. Call me totally off guard. Went through a lot of hard times a few years ago. I never would have expected this. Looking back, I'm glad I kept my head down and kept hammering away.
Speaker 2: Pretty special.
Speaker 1: So again, Carter Bombler b A U M L E R. If you want to follow his career, He's made the big leagues. Great.
Speaker 5: How great would it be if Abbott right now? Did the opposite and walked in with some waffles and a tremendous twelve, handed it to Sauce and then said you are dismissed. Right, But the opposite of what this guy just went, would you take it and go?
Speaker 2: I would definitely eat.
Speaker 1: He definitely would.
Speaker 5: But outside though, Yeah, security doesn't. Security doesn't want you to eat it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy escort you.
Speaker 1: He's going to sweeten it by having Chipskoggins right outside the front door and his blouse completely buttoned.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Chip, hey brought you up. I didn't know you did, said Scott.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: Corey did unbelievable warlocks right, and I'm Cyddy Lauper.
Speaker 1: See sorry, Chip, We love you though.
Speaker 2: This show's dumb.
Speaker 1: Carol Levin brought us this story about Target.
Speaker 7: Target is tightening its dress code for staff as a company tries to reinforce its in store brand. According to Bloomberg, Target will be stricter on its red shirts, saying similar shades like pink or maroon will no longer be acceptable. They are also limiting big logos and requiring khaki remember that or blue denim bottoms. That change is going to take effect this summer.
Speaker 5: I've always thought that was weird. I mean, I worked at best Buy. We all had Best Buy hellow shirts that were blue. Yeah, embroidered the whole every day exactly. I think I think they gave you two so you had to keep up on laundry otherwise you smell like ass.
Speaker 2: But you had to. You had to stay on top of.
Speaker 5: It's so funny because that was Julian Nelson, was it?
Speaker 1: Not that Julie.
Speaker 5: So it's funny because in Minnesota here we get a lot of Target employees that are rocking gopher colors and I'm like, that is maroon. That is clearly not red. There's a gopher on the sleeve. You're supposed to be wearing red. And I'm going, this is just anarchy. This is lower to the flies here. They can just wear whatever they want.
Speaker 1: What store am I in?
Speaker 2: Right? Right? So yeah, tied it up a little bit. Let's let's look like professional.
Speaker 4: If Parker is going to only go to your store once every four years, be presentable.
Speaker 5: Come on, he doesn't want to see maroon and gold gophers.
Speaker 2: Enough of that? Yeah, wait too much.
Speaker 1: I used to work at the Ben Franklin, remember those stores.
Speaker 4: Ben Franklin, Oh yeah, sure, is that a paint store that was like, well, yeah, I mean they had no hardware.
Speaker 2: It was like a Target before a Target that everything.
Speaker 1: Enough and their only dress code was we had to wear Baby Seal skin thongs. Come on, by atoms. We could wear any top we want.
Speaker 2: Had to be from Baby Seals. How long did you work there?
Speaker 1: Eight years?
Speaker 2: God? Because because the employee discounts, it's.
Speaker 1: An antique store. Now I still go in there with.
Speaker 2: The throw stuff on the ground to see if the employees. Yeah, how long did it take to get comfortable? Immediately?
Speaker 1: For comfortable? A lot of hair?
Speaker 2: Except this is my destiny.
Speaker 1: You guys are weird, don't we talking about nothing?
Speaker 2: But it gets tangled.
Speaker 1: H the news that's the worst, by the way, you're right, the worst.
Speaker 2: All right, stats you want to do sports when we get back.
Speaker 5: I'd love Targaus Parker wants to hear all about it, all right, to say more of the powers? You want to show Ann Parker Fox after this on the fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some sweet bass guitaris. My goodness. All right, here we go, Arka foxin studio, play a air base. We've seen airbase. I look at this one. Yeah, that's a big right there, he cipher some spots. It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 3: Brent Larson is the new Gopher men's hockey coach. He has over one hundred and fifty wins and was recently the head coach at Saint Cloud from twenty eighteen to this past season. In his first year at Saint Cloud, they were thirty six and three.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that'd be sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited to see what people say about this higher because you know, eight years ago or ten years or whatever it is is basically the same situation. You bring motsco from Saint Cloud and now you're doing it over again. But clearly they have faith that he can push this program in the right direction. I think, as a guy who grew up on Gopher hockey, like we would go to all the Gopher games, like Minnesota should be one of the top premier locations and destinations for kids across the country, especially year one, especially year in Minnesota. Right, So, I'm excited to see hopefully the trajectory of the program going the right way and you're competing for Big ten titles and national championships.
Speaker 2: Well said, got that right. Let's go.
Speaker 3: The Timberwolves battle the Rockets tonight at eight point thirty. Your Wolves are in the fifth spot, a half game up on the Rockets. That game can be heard right here on the fan.
Speaker 2: Could be a playoff preview right now.
Speaker 4: Lakers are the three Denvers, the four Timberwolves, the five Rockets, the six in the West. So I think this is the matchup if you're the Wolves that you would maybe want to see. Luka Doncic is playing at a at a super high level for the Lakers right now, Lebron's playing well. Then you mix that with a Denver team who's always plays well against the Timberwolves. So if you're looking at like where you want to be in the playoffs, I would maybe want to see the Rockets because they just don't have the depth that some of these other teams do. Timberwolves are a big win in Boston. I'm sure you guys talked abut that, but uh talk did Yeah. Yeah, twenty one years since we won there, so they got to be feeling good about themselves. So I think they are underdogs at home tonight minus one and a half, no Anthony Edwards, So.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you the four Sweet sixteen men's games tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You just give me your quick thoughts.
Speaker 3: Okay, perdue In Texas, Texas, the eleven seed produce the two seed produce a seven and a half point Yeah.
Speaker 4: Purdue coming off winning the Big Ten championship.
Speaker 2: I like them.
Speaker 4: They got veteran two senior guards, so I like Purdue.
Speaker 3: Two more Big Ten teams Nebraska the fourth seed in Iowa the nine seed. Nebraska is a one and a half point favorite. Bets tomorrow at six thirty.
Speaker 2: How fun is that we get the Sweet sixteen with Iowa versus Nebraska. It's like Freddie Hoiberg, It's unbelivable.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, however much bush light you have in Houston, Texas, double it because he just do not have enough, but because that's where the game's being played.
Speaker 2: But I like Nebraska. I think they have more depth.
Speaker 4: But Iowa has the best player in Bennett Starts, so he could be the difference maker.
Speaker 2: I think that's a tight one. I think his aunt Enrma is going to be at the game. Let's go normally start lame attempt at humor enormous stare.
Speaker 3: Three one seeds are left in that includes Arizona, well, battle. Arkansas Arizona is a seven and a half point favorite tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That game is at eight forty five, and I think that line's gone down.
Speaker 4: I think it opened at like nine and a half or ten and a half when I first saw it, and I think getting lower is better because this Arkansas team is legit. They have probably the best player left in the tournament. Sign signed a deal with Reebok. He's the first ever college to get his own signature. Shoe came out with like an ad with Allen Iverson about how he's the truth or hawk.
Speaker 1: I think that you're talking about driver McDougall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a terrible close, Darius A Cuff junior, see, but that's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 2: That'll be a great game.
Speaker 4: Did you just have surgery on your a cuff a couple of days A, Yeah, my a cuff is now clean.
Speaker 3: And then two seed Houston a three and a half point favorite over another Big ten team, Illinois.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Illinois's got the offensive firepower. Houston known for the better defense, but they're not the tough, gritty defense that they've been the past couple of years. I think Illinois has too much, too much offense, it.
Speaker 3: We'll just go through the rest of them here. Duke and Saint John's. Duke is a six and a half point favorite. That game's at six to ten on Friday. That'll be that'll be my game of the tournament. I got Saint John's winning at all really Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love their defense, I love Rick Patino, And now do I think Duke can win this game by fifteen?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 4: Saint John's doesn't have the offense, but if they play well in the defensive end and make shots, they're gonna they're gonna win it.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 3: Alabama and another Big ten team, Michigan is a Michigan is a nine and a half point favorite on Friday.
Speaker 4: It's six thirty five. Yeah, Michigan's front court is dominant. I've talked about it. They go six, eight, six, ten, and seven to three across the board a huge bit. I know in their front court it's it's insane. So I think they're just too big for Alabama. But Alabama's got the guards, so it should be a should be kind of a mismatch on both vs.
Speaker 5: How good was that dude for Alabama? They got busted with two pounds a week?
Speaker 2: Really good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wasn't their best player, but he was probably the their next best player.
Speaker 2: How outdated does that feel?
Speaker 5: I know, like when you have a weed, you're you're you're selling it, You're you're a drug dealer, you're doing illegal things. Yeah, but we act like he killed somebody that would have been a huge deal like thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: Now it's like, let the man sell and now there the tobacco leaf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now is like lowered, like you can have like THHC or whatever it is in your system when you pass the drug test, Like there's a threshold that you can be in show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe he'll be back.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard any new reports on on that, but I mean it's a lot of weeds.
Speaker 3: He's selling fentanyl. They're selling weed everywhere, and the victim was correct. Think of how good the cat must feel. Yukon two seed, Michigan State three seed. Yukon is a one and a half point favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two of the best coaches in the tournament and Hurly and is oh. Michigan State wants to play super fast and Yukon wants to guard you, so it'll be, uh, it'll be a mess game. Yukon's got probably the you know, the experience, the veteran leadership, but Michigan State has arguably the best guard left in the tournament and in fears, so I like that game as well.
Speaker 3: In the last game on Friday night nine to ten pm, Iowa State Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Are you going? I wish I was going to day I am unfortunately not going. Saw some weed. Yeah, I'm gonna start selling some weed. I a ticket.
Speaker 4: I think the getting the door price for the Midwest Tournament is like three forty So you know a guy, I know a guy, but you know how many families coming out of the woodworks for for tickets and situations.
Speaker 2: And I'm marrying his sister. Yeah, but I know how it is when I played in it too. It's like you get four to six easy to come by.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true, get like six tickets, and you know everybody wants them, and especially now and being in Chicago, people can just drive down. So it's still TVD. I know, I know that I would love to go, but we will see how it happens. But I love Iowa State in that game. Their best player has been out in Joshua Jefferson, so hopefully he can healthy. If he can get healthy, they can legitimately win it all. And Taylor's brother Nate's been playing at a really high level. I think average on like fourteen points per game Kentucky. Yeah, in the second half. Yeah, that was that was a That was a routing. So I love an Iowa State hopefull they can keep it up.
Speaker 3: The Gopher women's basketball team will be at the Sweet sixteen. They will battle UCLA on Friday at six thirty u. CLA is a nineteen one point favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he would love to I would love to know what guards he has to say too, because he's in it and he's around it all the time.
Speaker 2: But I'm excited. I'm excited for the team.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for coach Putz White, and you know, I've gotten to know some of the players over the years, especially mar Brown, who's an awesome player.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited they have the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Like UCLA is a powerhouse, they could easily you know, pound them, but hey, get the chance.
Speaker 2: To go play. The coach was on with Barrero. She's great.
Speaker 4: She was a great interview with Yeah, she was awesome. I used to play against her son back in the day. He went to Augustana and when I was at Northern State, so we had a good little little rivalry.
Speaker 5: Parker just said her name and you listen to the interview. What is the coach's name? Plitzel White, nice man? Kiss it and the right pronunciation too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kiss the inside of it? What the wow about the inside?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: The door? Open it up? The inside of it? Wow? Wow, kiss the inside of the door, Parker the hinge. Yeah, correct, kiss my endle my Joe.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Title of the podcast.
Speaker 3: The Wild let the lightning to nothing and then got out scored six to one the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: To lose six to three. Uh, Zukarella, Faber, and Terrass. Isn't it? I tell you say it? Zuparello nailed it.
Speaker 3: Uh. Faber and Tarasinko scored for the Wild. They are now forty twenty and twelve. They battled the Panthers tomorrow at six pm.
Speaker 4: I don't want to just keep talking, but I watched that whole game, so it was fun. One of the goals that they scored at the end, they broke the camera inside the goal and it bounced straight out, so they didn't know to like stop the game or not. The puck kept going and there's glass all over the ice and everything. So but that's a playoff type of game, right there. Cleunch of big fights, f being thrown.
Speaker 3: You don't you don't run the best player on the team and not. Yeah the crap beat Audio.
Speaker 4: And Fellino is and this is the new Fellno Nick Feleino. He can really fight and he fights with both hands, which I've never seen you use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: I'm usually busy with something.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what about your third hand?
Speaker 3: The Twins Hogs Daddy opened their season tomorrow and Baltimore at two o five. Joe Ryan will go for your Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, am I the experts? Yeah absolutely, let's go. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Is baseball season Winnersville, USA.
Speaker 2: Take me out to the ball game. Take me out to the game. I just want to be at the game. Would like, dude, the game. I'd like popcorner Caddy and the home dam the.
Speaker 5: Second Rob Low reference of the the morning excellent, the best. How do you keep a straight face when Rob Blow is going for it like he did in that Yeah, like and it's everybody in the cast is basically in that room.
Speaker 2: How do you keep a straight face, because my.
Speaker 5: Guess is that's the first time he busted that out right, and may all have to not break out laughing.
Speaker 2: My popcorn and candy and the home team at the game. Parks and Rec worth it.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, saw Rushmore's Mount Rushmore. For sure, it's not better than Curb No, but it's it's on the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: Okay, that'll be the next one.
Speaker 4: The first season is slow, but worth it. So is every show. Right, Yeah, that's just what it is.
Speaker 5: And this is a repeat take, but this is the truth again. Chris Pratt's one of the biggest stars in the world.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: The first season of Parks and Rec is nuts because he is an antillary character and he was supposed to will only be a one season side character.
Speaker 2: And then they realized he was.
Speaker 5: They're like, this guy's hilarious, so then he's a major character the rest of the way. So watching the first season knowing that that was supposed to be it for him is kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Knowing that he's a giant star. Now, yeah, there's some there's some big actors, and that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: The best part about that scene that you were just talking about Corey with Rob Lows singing is all of the actors are focusing on something so they don't last. They're not looking at him and I mean it's just staring off in the distance so he doesn't break character.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the gist was they were trying to come up with a campaign song for Leslie and they couldn't find it.
Speaker 2: They couldn't get.
Speaker 5: It, but but they needed to hear everybody's singing voice to see who could sing. So Rob just busted out his version of taking me out to the ballgame with about thirty percent of the lyrics being correct. That's broll and he I mean, that's obviously at one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: He went for it. Yeah, that's good for its commitment to the bit. More on Baseball the NB season, that's this segment.
Speaker 3: The NB season starts tonight with the Yankees battling the Giants at seven o five on Netflix. I'm Not Smart, and finally the Bengals signed. On baseball, you're putting together a team.
Speaker 2: Anybody else want to play? Now?
Speaker 1: You might want to go out from the team.
Speaker 2: You'll make it. You'll make it. Forty one year old Joe Flakut to a one year deal. Who did the BEng Bengals, so he's staying with Cincinnati. Yeap. He had a four hundred and seventy yard game last year against the Bears.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, for seventy and they lost. But he just just slinging it.
Speaker 2: That was it. That's a fantasy dream in those games.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, he's forty one years old, six million, he's won to hold a clipboard.
Speaker 2: Was he done? Wasn't he done? When? Pretty sure? Yea brought him back because he was done. It was Cleveland, I think, Yeah, it goes to the Browns. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then they traded him in division to the Bengals. Yeah, and then he torched him a few times. That's gotta be the worst feeling Whales.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you bought all the Hall of Fame game stuff yesterday, Hawk.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you finally brought a toothbrush.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, we're staying in the same hotel room, so I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 5: Will you watch that Netflix baseball game tonight?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna watch more on baseball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just look in the mirror, play the show. Look at the mirror. That's so good.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, God, you're gonna watch the Frost today, Big Frost till let's go lock dow that home or away home game tonight.
Speaker 2: What time will that mean?
Speaker 4: Think seven o'clock? I think vally. Yeah, I'm sure, sweet, sure you could find it somewhere. I'll be at the game versus Montreal vic twall.
Speaker 5: What is it called now? Is it fanduelan FanDuel track? They changed their name every two weeks?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, howk has all the sports channels I do? He pays for NFL suddenly ticket in March.
Speaker 1: I like keeping them in business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of you, Hawk, you are a thoughtful guy. Souls. What's the Frost update? How are we doing? Frost are killing it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good, good, good, little winning streak. I think they are now second in the league in points with eight or nine games left.
Speaker 2: So how many goals does your gal have?
Speaker 4: She's leading the leading the league in points, leading the league in points.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, m VP campaign or what they are saying that the two goalies, the goalie for the Victoire and then the goalie for the Fleet, who are both USA and Team Canada goalies. They are legit and they're they're only, not the only reason, but one of the reasons why they're both their teams are doing so well.
Speaker 5: So man, well, Taylor will put up three or four against her tonight and then Bet'll shut down.
Speaker 2: That exactly MVP talk.
Speaker 1: She's the winner.
Speaker 2: She is the winner.
Speaker 4: It's been the year of heisi between Iowa State in the Olympics and the Frost last year.
Speaker 3: Were you guys were talking about that? I forgot Shohy was back pitching. He threw four innings and struck out eleven people. That's insane. How many strike ups did he not have one? Nice one? That's insane.
Speaker 2: That's insane. What what that's.
Speaker 3: And not only is it? That would be one thing if you're like, man, he's a great picture. He hits fifty plus home runs every year.
Speaker 2: He's insane.
Speaker 3: He's the best player of all time. Don't send me a handwritten note that he's not.
Speaker 2: He's got to be right.
Speaker 1: You're getting those handwritten notes again.
Speaker 2: Yeah about that subject, Ruth.
Speaker 5: If anybody is about to write a handwritten letter to Meat Sauce explaining why show Hey is not, just remember he's moron baseball, So just well play in one ear and out the other. Don't take his argument to hard way to bring that background hinge daddy. Can you read cursive? Uh no, can you guys?
Speaker 2: Hawk? Sure? I mean sure, but of course I can. Can you write it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably had to learn it. Yeah, I think I was like one of the last people to learn it. But then they gave up halfway through.
Speaker 2: It means Austin. Yeah, they mean.
Speaker 1: Hold that just came in.
Speaker 2: No handwritten on the press, They just mailed it. They door dashed it with waffle j.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: This did show up quick. What is what is that?
Speaker 3: It's sticky, says I read deer d e. He are sauce. Get off my nuts, you fat diddler, Babe, Bruce Forever Chris Hockey.
Speaker 2: This hand written let's say it down postage.
Speaker 1: Had written notes are tough? Yeah, yeah, you are a fat dead Can we go to break?
Speaker 2: You think the commercial break is gonna stop that?
Speaker 1: There's another letter?
Speaker 2: I got another one. It's my favorite Batman villain.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's still in prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's just the Diddler now he went.
Speaker 2: I know, good for him.
Speaker 4: They gave him in prison, the Riddler and the Joker in prison to start the next one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we'll.
Speaker 3: See Barry Keyogan, who's off the internet for being called ugly?
Speaker 2: Who cares? He's an awesome actor. Yea, that's sad. He's gonna kick ass. No he's not.
Speaker 3: He dated Sabrina Carpenter. You can't be ugly and date that lady who cares?
Speaker 2: Of course you can. Well, I mean I'm ugly and I'm married Kelly, exactly true. Case in point nailed it, geess that was you. Guys are so he just called you a fat diddler?
Speaker 1: No, no, it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: It was this Yeah, no sticky note guy named Chris Hockey. They didn't have to pay for posting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gave a talk Ye well it's actually yeah, stick whathesives?
Speaker 2: This show is derailing? It is.
Speaker 5: We got an hour and twenty minutes ago. We can get there. Parker Fox is here, Vikings News is next. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 8: We've got another Wild Wednesday on the Fan and we're running it back from last week with tickets to Wild versus Canucks on April second.
Speaker 2: Just use the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 8: Have to send us a talkback and tell us who's scores first for the Wild Tomorrow night against the Panthers.
Speaker 2: Got the full details. I canffan dot com here contests. It's a Wow.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, Welcome back. Speaking of wild that's Parker.
Speaker 3: Fox, He's Crazy, Chris Crazy, Blaze Blaze, Jale.
Speaker 1: Cider Biking's News.
Speaker 2: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented by It's.
Speaker 9: Radco, your first store, everybody's favorite. Hell yeah, man, all r right, Yes, you're right? Is there any well? I mean, the draft is thirty, no, twenty nine days from today. They'll take players. Some of them will be good, some of them won't be I mean that's yeah, I mean, who knows? Who would you like to see him?
Speaker 2: Take? O? J. Simpson's brother Tom Tom Simpsons Simpson.
Speaker 1: Yep, what position he plays? Long snapper with the first we just signed.
Speaker 2: You need to back up, Okay, take him number one overall.
Speaker 1: Overall, that's what I take. I'm an expert. Don't question me.
Speaker 5: I saw the Vikings post the video of Johnny Hecker signing his deal and do like, you know, you just don't hear Punter's talk ever, so that obviously that was the first time I'd ever really seen his face, let alone him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know talking seems like a good dude. Yeah, man. He's he's very good.
Speaker 1: I do have a little bit of news, including what he broke this morning. In twenty twenty eight, will have been ten years since US Bank Stadium hosted Super Bowl l I I. The Vikings are hoping to bring another major event to the stadium a decade after that Super Bowl. Somebody got an email the team in Minnesota Sports Events submitted a bid for the twenty twenty eight NFL Draft earlier this month. Minneapolis Saint Paul is one of several NFL markets bidding for the draft, which could bring hundreds of thousands of visitors to the area during a three day event in late April. Lester Bagley, my main Man, the Vikings executive vice president of public Affairs, said the team has been trying to bring the draft to the Twin Cities since twenty nineteen. The twenty twenty eight bid would feature US Bank Stadium as the anchor of the draft weekend in downtown Minneapolis. Bagley said the draft proposal would feature events in both cities, as well as the Mall of America and Viking Lakes developments around the team's Egan headquarters. The late April draft date could mean a dicey weather forecast for outdoor events in Minnesota. But we all remember the NFL draft was in Green Bay, it was in Detroit, and it was in Kansas City. So come home if they can do a week and do it. This year's draft is, by the way, April twenty third through the twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: Yep C.
Speaker 5: That is the I mean again, I agree to disagree. Shouldn't be here? Put it in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Argument.
Speaker 1: I support Lester Bagley and all that he does him he's the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a plus.
Speaker 1: And I would like to see the draft here so that I can attend it and scream bloody murder when we take a player I don't like.
Speaker 2: That is your mo o though you do that at home. Yeah, what if the guy's name is bloody Murder?
Speaker 1: What if that's the guy I want them to take?
Speaker 2: Blood middle initial e, last name murder.
Speaker 1: Man from a rough household.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough man. The bundyes don't raise him right.
Speaker 1: And the craziest thing, he's a crip, Yeah, which is I mean, unbelievable. And I mean he's a member.
Speaker 2: Of the games. You're getting email.
Speaker 1: I meant he's a crip and his name is blood and that's ironic.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it's right in the face? Honestly, how did he pass his physical Man like the Max Crosby trade didn't go through, and this did. Jesus shows.
Speaker 1: By the way, Mune Year, I don't know said. The twenty twenty four NFL Draft brought fans from all fifty states and twenty countries to Detroit, delivering and estimated are you ready for this two hundred and thirteen million dollars of economic impact?
Speaker 2: I mean that part, that's obviously we'll take that.
Speaker 5: In Minneapolis they land the draft, sure, but yeah, it's it's going to be a clown show. And again it's a it's you know, it's the most Vikings thing ever. It's the most Minnesota sports thing ever. They had the draft in Detroit, they had it in Kansas City, they had it in Green Bay. We're gonna book it. It's going to be here in twenty twenty eight, and the most historic blizzard this state has ever seen is going to drop on my birthday in twenty twenty eight and obliterates twenty twenty eight drafts.
Speaker 2: Yep, Oh that's right, it's going to be a disaster. Yep.
Speaker 1: And the drifts they'll have to go through to get to the stage to hand in the draft pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's all covered. They don't care about that.
Speaker 5: Blood E Murders snowboards to the stage to hug a frozen Roger Goodell.
Speaker 2: That'd be great. He's up there like casino man. Yeah, you have hawk, just snowmobile them all in.
Speaker 1: Man, I got friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the valley doing back flips with a Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 2: Why not. I just don't think there's a disaster area for it. Downtown. Oh, come on, what makes it great at these.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're not having a green bay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's all wide open. They don't have tall buildings. He's right, there's no skyscrapers. Yeah, there's just an Applebee's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's just a big field of nonsense, big feeldy, How would you describe Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: It's a big field of nonsense.
Speaker 1: I think it's the perfect city for it, and I want it now. Lester, tell us how we can help? What can we do to make this happen?
Speaker 2: He's probably listening.
Speaker 1: I know he is. He's a fan, he's a friend. I like that.
Speaker 5: Why do we get that economic impact but still have the draft in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well, you can go the draft anywhere, brother, Yeah, listen to the whole here and you can fly on out there and watch it.
Speaker 5: I want, I want the draft to be in Las Vegas, held in Las Vegas. The prospects go to Las Vegas, the coverages in Las Vegas. But Vegas just Venmos, Minneapolis. All of the money. Yeah, how do we make that happen? Somebody smarter than me figure that out. How do they send us all of the money?
Speaker 1: Just do this for me? Just I know there's going to be a side bed for the number one overall pick blood Em Murder raft.
Speaker 4: We call him Martin Moystchu is definitely going to give us the breakdown on blood E Murder and three or four.
Speaker 2: Certainly he's quietly giving us a preview of him.
Speaker 1: The NFL is preparing for the possibility of replacement officials in the twenty twenty sixth season, proposing a rule change for one season that would allow the replay Center in New York to correct any quote, clear and obvious mistakes by on field officials in case of a workstoppage. Did you know this was a possibility?
Speaker 5: I just read the headline and just and it's going to be perfect because our guy Adam feel and of course will be here Friday to play Initials and whatnot after eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: And remember he was on our show.
Speaker 5: Made Headlines when he basically said the officiating is getting I'm paraphrasing, is getting out of control. And one of the things he pointed to was the part time garbage. He's like, we need full time officials. And he was the one that said something about how they get starstruck and they want to go back to their normal jobs and say, hey, I you know, I was the one that through that that the personal what is the one I'm looking for roughing the quarterback? I'm Patrick Mahomes. Yeah, I through that.
Speaker 2: Fl okay great.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 5: He was on Pro Football Talk dot Com and ESPN quoting on this show saying that the officials need to be full time, So no more replacement refs, no more part time refs.
Speaker 2: We need full time reffs. And I'm sure Adam can walk us through that again.
Speaker 1: What if Adam comes in on Friday to play the Initials game and reveals that he is going to become an NFL referee.
Speaker 2: I think he wants to be a pro golfer, so I think he wants to move up.
Speaker 5: We can ask him, Well, don't forget, and if fabot's listening, this is for you chat don't forget. He's going to get here just after eight, so we're only going to have a about three or four minutes to talk to him before we play Initials Game six twenty one. So most of his appearance, Chad will be because of Initials. Yes, Chad, we'll have very little time to ask him. I heard anything else. He's here just to play Initials.
Speaker 2: That was the only time he was available. Strictly business. Strictly business Initials.
Speaker 1: On air Protection real quick. Lora Goose would like to play the Initials. Got a new book coming out, so you'd like to come in.
Speaker 2: What's the book called.
Speaker 1: It's called two Tears.
Speaker 2: Dot Dot Yeah, got to wait, you gotta wait. Just let's that's a terrible name. All right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get Lou Goose in the mix at some point. He's a good dude. We had him on the podcast back in the checking the email.
Speaker 1: That's that's not really the name of the book. I don't know where I got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great reporter.
Speaker 5: By the way, I guess you know now as local journalism, or as Sauce would say, local mail journalisms.
Speaker 2: Yep, uh, you know, the money is tight.
Speaker 5: The industry is changing newspapers, TV radio, it's all different, man. But he's one of the handful in town that proved we still need good reporters in this town.
Speaker 2: And lou Lu Goose is definitely one of them. More sure correct.
Speaker 1: I like Paul bloom Boat, loom Time Fox Nah too. The Competition Committee released its proposed rule changes for next season on Tuesday, including some small tweaks to the kickoff rule and allowing the replace center to eject players for flagrant acts on plays that were not penalized on the field. The changes will be considered by the owners at next week's league meetings in Arizona, and we need approval of twenty four of the thirty two teams to be implemented. The biggest proposal regards the contingency if there is a work stoppage with the officials and the league once again uses replacement officials as A did back in twenty twelve, which I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 2: Hey, how do they is?
Speaker 5: I forget when they first talked about this A handful of weeks ago about the replay officials having the right to throw somebody out of the game introactively throw a flag or would it be flagless, But you're like, nope, you threw a punch even though the rest didn't see it. Even though there's no flag, you're still out, is it? Because I would think if it's a delay, you can't really flag on it. Yeah, so it would just be an ejection without a flag.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Well they'd have to find somebody to like announce it. You're not just going to pull them off the bench and yeah, it was your fantasy running back for the rest of the game.
Speaker 5: I still think it's a fair compromise, Like, all right, the officials missed the call, So sure you missed the flag, but you still threw a punch.
Speaker 2: You're gone, Yeah, you're going. It seems fair. That seems very fair logical, Like, yeah, it makes sense, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Under the proposal from the old petition Committee, the Replay Center in New York would be able to advise the on field officials on any missed roughing the passer or intentional grounding penalty, as well as any act that would have led to an ejection had a penalty been called.
Speaker 5: See, but the first two sound like they can still throw the flag on intentional grounding or roughing the passer.
Speaker 1: The replace center would also be able to intervene to overturn calls that were made on several penalties, including illegal contact, face masks, roughing the passer, horse collar tackles, and intentional grounding, so they can, obviously before the next play say wait, we've looked at it. That wasn't face mask.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they do kind of do that with intentional grounding because all the time there'll be no flag and all of a sudden they'll be like, wait, what that was, And then they'll gather and go all right after we watch, the ref will just throw it in the air and then they'll call it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: The one thing I still don't understand, and I think I brought this up a couple of times last year during the Viking season, and I think I even think somebody explained it to me, and I still didn't understand it. I don't understand the difference between when a coach has to challenge and when replay assists just immediately calls down to the field and goes, hey, we got that wrong, by the way, you need to change that. Doesn't that seem like then it's non stop replay assist like yes time.
Speaker 4: If replay assist is always trying to help, then shouldn't a coach never have to challenge? I should just always have replay assists. I just don't understand how sometimes how does a coach know, oh I need to throw the flag to make sure that the replaces has more time to look at this.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I don't understand that.
Speaker 5: Process of when does replaces truly jump in and when do they do not? Or is it just a matter of if they have enough time they always will jump in. Well, we definitely don't see as many challenges. I feel like that could be wrong.
Speaker 1: But what if if they use AI technology for this?
Speaker 2: All iverson?
Speaker 1: That's right? Yeah, the practice, dude, no.
Speaker 2: Practice, Yeah, we're talking practice.
Speaker 5: Well, if they use AI technology, then we can't have the broadcast rights anymore because we are guaranteed human at iHeart, we're not using AI.
Speaker 2: Man, what happened to that? I haven't heard that in a while.
Speaker 4: It'll fade quickly again. I called it the day we launched it. I said, watch how fast this goes away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't heard it in a while. Are we not guaranteed human anymore?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 2: I don't know, are you. That would be like AT and T in the eighties, going, we're hanging on to the phonograph. Okay, we've moved on.
Speaker 4: Zach Morris and Gordon Gecko have cell phones, like, yeah, relax, we don't need that anymore.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do that. Yeah you are, Yes, you are. The whole world is off.
Speaker 1: Field rules that might be on institute. The committee also proposed giving the league the latitude to alter the date of the roster cutdown day, which is currently the Tuesday following the final exhibition games, to accommodate an international game in Week one, the Los Angeles Rims fan Frcisco are set to open the regular season in Australia, and gives the league the option to alter those dates based on when the teams travel to Australia. The committee also pros making the post proposed making the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend as business days, along for the twenty four hour waiver period for players to go into effect on those days instead of waiting until Monday.
Speaker 5: Were we settling on the probability that the Vikings have a national game in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: Unlikely?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the only one we probably not it may I think the only one that can be is that Saints game in France.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that maye, ma'am. That'd be cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, because it remind me, don't we have the don't we have the Rams on the schedule, but they've announced that it's the Niners that are playing them or something, So.
Speaker 2: I think you are correct.
Speaker 5: So it wasn't like a couple of years ago we had our fingers crossed, like maybe maybe we're headed to Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is the Rams and the forty nine ers. Yeap, that's that's going to open the room.
Speaker 5: So what do we what options? International options do we have this year? That does in San Francisco also play in Mexico City? I believe that is the case, and then New Orleans he does, and then I don't. I mean, nobody wants the Jets anywhere. Are the Patriots playing somewhere overseas?
Speaker 2: We play them? I don't know, and they would let's just go watch the Saints in France.
Speaker 1: Let's go order in Australia watch the opening game.
Speaker 2: Yeah Niners Rams, who cares?
Speaker 1: Right? So you go anyway. Lots of stuff to be decided, and we're getting closer and closer than it fell draft and we'll have more Draft care coverage featuring our Draft guru meets us Paul Lambert. Thank you, no, thank you, and thank you to Radco for bringing his vikings on. Thank you to Blood He Murder.
Speaker 2: Blood for sponsoring this segment. Yeah, oh he pays for that. Thanks Blood. He's got an al money. Good for him. Fan five. In a second headlines later, partner Fox is here. He is to the power to money.
Speaker 1: Join fan