Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again.
Speaker 1: We get right running back to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts and now your host. Here's Tim Kaks.
Speaker 2: Dodgers finally win a baseball game. Took him long enough. They snapped their four game losing streak finally with a four oh one win over the Saint Louis Cardinals today in Saint Louis. Hi, everybody, and welcome to Dodger Talk. Tim Kates with you here for the next thirty minutes or so. Let's jump on board and talk to Dodgers baseball. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven to two five seventy is the number again. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. You can always tweet at me at Tim Kates, tim c a t s again at Tim Kates on a Twitter an X if you want to give me a follow as the Dodgers in their losing streak. With a four to one win, they get some offensive hits when they needed him in the second inning from Andy Pajes and I Sung Kim, and then Freddie Freeman delivering with a two out single in the fifth. Alex Call came off the bench in the ninth inning with an RBI single to give the Dodgers they much needed insurance run to extend their lead to four to one. But today it was all about Justin Robleski. Six innings, no run, six hits, zero strikeouts. He threw eighty three pitches to get the winnings now five to zero. On this season, Justin Robleski has made five starts. In those five starts, five innings, one run, eight innings, no runs, seven innings one earn run, six innings no earn runs. Today six innings, no earn runs. He has given up two earned runs in thirty two innings of work. Justin Robleski, the starter now is a one one five ERA on this season. That's overall as a starter, though it's ero point five to six as a starter for Justin Roblesky. What else does Justin Roblesky need to do to stay in this rotation. Nothing. As far as I'm concerned, Justin Robleski has earned every right to stay in this rotation and stick in the rotation when Blake Snell comes off the injured list, and we mentioned in the Clubhouse show Blake Snell trending in the right direction as far as coming back from the shoulder soreness. Made his third Minor league rehab start today, his first in TRIPAA with Oklahoma City. They planned round Rock. He went four innings, fifty five pitches, gave up a two run home run, but then retired seat of the last eleven batters that he faced. He is trending in the right direction to return. Looks like probably one more start. I would guess maybe he get up to about seventy pitches, five innings, six innings, seventy pitches, somewhere around there and then come back off the injured list. And when he does, the million dollar question has been whose spot does he take in the rotation? Is it Justin Robleski, is it Roki Sasaki? Is it image Sheian. If it was the game of musical chairs, when the music runs out and everybody dives for a chair, you've got three guys vying for one spot. Who's it gonna be, who's out? Who's gonna be the last guy that's gotta go probably to the bullpen and be a long reliever. Well, my guess is it's probably gonna be Imachian or Roki Sasaki, because Justin Robleski has done fantastic as a starter, his eer, his strikeout to walk certainly, the five to zero record speaks for itself. The way he has become the stopper for the Dodgers today, stopping the four game losing streak with the six shutout innings and doing it without any strikeouts is pretty darn impressive. So if you're to ask me here on Sunday, May third, with Blake Snell knocking on the door to come back and join this Dodger's rotation, whose spot is Blake Snell gonna take? And who's out of the rotation, Well, it's down to two guys in in my opinion, Roki Sasaki and Image Shean with one of whoever is the odd man out is gonna go down to the bullpen and become that long reliever. Now, David Vase mentioned yesterday on the pregame show in case you missed it, a great solution. Blake Snell returns, Imit Shean, he said, justin Robleski. But I'm gonna say justin Robleski. After today is no doubt earned a spot. Im It Sheen goes down to the bullpen, and you make it a piggyback tandem start every time for Roki Sasaki, So Imit Shean is ready to go, and the leash gets a little shorter for Roki Sasaki, who yesterday went out got in trouble the first three innings he was out there, had traffic on the base pass, was giving up runs. But it ended up going out there and pitching and giving the Dodgers some length when it was all said and done with six innings, giving up the three runs on five hits. But if you're moving forward and you got to take somebody out of the rotation, my guest right now, it's imag Shean, and then Sasaki is the starter. But that leash is a little tighter on Sasaki every time he makes his start, knowing that imag Shean is there to tandem him as the guy out of the bullpen to give you long relief if necessary. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Santa Anita. What a great race at the Kentucky Derby yesterday. You like the racing, how about check out Santa Anita. They got racing every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with millions in payouts every race day. For heart pounting and action and new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. All right, let's go out to the phones. Let's check in with Will and long beat your first up here on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers get a four to one win over the Cardinals. How you doing Will?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm doing great, brother. Hey, you guys are doing a great job over there Dodgers Talk and all this stuff. But listen, why did he take the picture off so quick like that? He was he had a shutout. He doesn't like shutouts or something like that.
Speaker 3: He was a good game.
Speaker 2: I think he likes shutouts, and I appreciate the phone call. Well, I think he likes what the Justin Robleski was doing out there. But at that point in the game, Will Klein comes in Justin Robleski's had eighty three pitches. He again had a sixth inning in which he gave up a two out single, gets out of it with the flyball out to end the six A lot of traffic on the base pass, eighty three pitches, another spin through the lineup. No Dave Roberts felt like, Hey, I'd rather go to a fresh arm, a new looking arm or right hander and Will Klein. And Will Klein came out in the seventh inning. He took only seven pitches. Hard to argue the success that he had in the seventh got into trouble with the walk in the eighth inning. And that's the dreaded walk that no Dodger or any manager wants to see. When you come out of the bullpen, throw strikes. That's your job. And with two outs in the eighth inning, a walk to Jordan Walker by Will Klein came back to bide him on the single from Alex Burlson, scoring Walker all the way from first as he was going on the play. Gave the Cardinals one and only run. Blake Tridon came in and got the one pitch one out in the eighth inning, but hard to argue with the success of Justin Robleski through the six innings. I have no problem with Dave Roberts saying eighty three pitches traffic on the base pass and fixed five to the six innings. This Cardinals team, you know, has scored runs the first two games of this series. You've lost the first two games to the Cardinals. Why not go to the Will Cline. I had no problem with him going to the Dodger reliever in that situation. Let's go to Maxwell in Austin, Texas, who was at Blake Snell's rehab start today. All right, Maxwell, what did you see?
Speaker 6: Well, I just saw Mike blake Snell was sitting. I mean Blake Snell was pitching when that was he was dowing sixty pitches and first at that was boom, a home run, and he was nasty and with guys like Justin Ribleski, Andy PAHs Don rushing.
Speaker 5: His own, Kim and.
Speaker 6: Alex Freeland all showing the system's depth today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the depth is on full stage for this Dodger's team, no doubt about it. Maxwell, appreciate it. Thanks for the live report there from Texas As. Blake Snell made in a triple A appearance in Round Rock, Texas with the Oklahoma City Comments in triple A four innings, two runs, two hits, four strikeouts, a walk. He threw fifty five pitches. He gave up an early two run home run, but then retired ten of the next eleven batters that he faced today and looked pretty good as he got a little momentum going. He retired the side in order in the second inning, picking up two more strikeouts in the inning, and is well on his to four strikeouts in the four innings of work. Again, fifty five pitches. You gotta believe probably one more start underneath his belt, no matter what level that's at, we'll probably see Blake Snell then called back up and activated on the twenty six man roster after one more start. And again that is gonna be the big question. Who is out of the rotation for the Dodgers. And again, things seem to always work themselves out. Maybe an I L stend, whatever the case may be, somebody's got some fatigue in the arm. Who knows things always seem to work out Just when we start to worry, or we start to speculate, or we start to think what's this going to look like? Something happens the next thing, you know, that worry that debates that question of what they're gonna do with that roster spot works itself out, But for the time being, it'll be interesting to see which one of the Dodger starters currently in the rotation is taken out of the rotation when Blake Snell is coming off the injured list. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the number, Gil San Diego, thanks for being patient on this Sunday afternoon after the Dodgers beat the Cardinals four to one in Saint Louis, HOI you doing, Gil, Thanks.
Speaker 3: For taking my call to Tim. Two things, uh, First is what does Kim have to do to see in the lineup? He goes two for two today, you know, and then he gets kicking out. And then number two related to that is what's gonna happen when Mooki comes back. I mean you're talking about with the pitching staff. I mean it just seems like from what it was like, Kim might be put back down again, and so yeah, it's just it's just hard to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a tough one for me Gil that that is a hard conversation if you're Dave Roberts, Andy free or Andrew Freeman, you know, having to go to Hi Sun Kim and say, hey, you guys, send you back down to Triple I. I I don't see that being the case. My guess would be Alex Freeland is going to be the odd man out when Mookie Betts comes back off the injury list with the oblique strain. But you know what, we are closer to seeing the return of Snell than we are to see in the return of Mookie Betts based on where he's at, what he's doing with baseball activities. It was just what earlier this week he was talking about, you know, still a little bit of soortness, uh in baseball activities. So you know, I'm not a doctor, but I'm gonna play one real quick here on Dodger Talk. My guess is he's at least a few weeks away, if not more, to coming off the and at this point there's no need for him to return with a sense of urgency or come back quicker than he needs to get one hundred percent right. Make sure there is no more swelling, no more soreness, no more aching and that oblique and come back when you're ready, and you're good to go for the rest of this season. Because at this point, the Dodgers are a twenty one win team. You know, this is a Dodgers team that is in first place in the division. This is a Dodgers team that doesn't have to worry about, you know, getting Mookie Bets back because we need him so bad to stir our offense every day and to be our defensive catalyst at shortstop. They've gotten away with not having him already for a majority of the season with the old league strain, they can afford to have him out for a little bit longer. And again, not a doctor, but based on where he's at and looking at the fact that he still needs to go on a minor league rehab assignment and playing some games and get some innings and at bats underneath his belt, even that feels like it's at least a few weeks away, if not longer. So I don't think it's anytime soon that Mookie Betts comes back. So we don't have to have that conversation quite yet, but certainly when that comes up, it's gonna be hard to tell. Haysung Kim, great defense, great job at the bottom of the order, but you're going back to triple A. I would imagine that conversation is going to be more with Alex Freeland than it would be with Haisung Kim. Eighty six six, nine, eighty seven two five seventy is the number as the Dodgers get the four to one win over the Saint Louis Cardinals. No more, no home runs today for the Dodgers. How about that six straight games The Dodgers have not hit a home run. The longest streak with a home run before that eight games back in twenty fourteen, So the Dodgers now six straight games without the long ball. Andy Pot has an RBI double and then RBI singles from Kim, Freeman and Alice calling the ninth inning, and the Dodgers get the four to one win. Daniels Jewelers does present the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card. Just visit Anti seventy la sports dot com and use the keyword home run into your name and you could win Daniels Jeweler's own the Dream Brian and Downy, thanks for being patient. Welcome to Dodger Talk on an Fix seventy.
Speaker 5: How you doing, I'm saying, good tim How about yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I got Zach and Colin here in studio, just hanging out, talk a little Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I want to talk about Sasaki. Everybody knows that he's been struggling. Lady, He's not the same Tasaki that we saw during the postseason. So one of the honest that he's out man out and he can send down to the miners get more experienced to see.
Speaker 2: That could be one of the options. That could be one of the options. Brian. I think by the time Blake Snell gets back and we have to have this discussion with somebody in the Dodger starring rotation, that little long longer be there. You're looking at probably two more starts for Roki Sasaki. I mean he's made now six on the season, and you look at what he's done in the last you know, five starts, six earned runs, two earned runs, three earn runs four earned runs yesterday, three earned runs over six innings. Gave up the three early, bounced back and pitched well in the final three innings of his outing yesterday, but still got tagged with the loss. You could you see the potential. He's twenty four years old, And I think it's a great point to bring up the fact that the comparisons to Yoshinobu Yamamoto in Roki Sasaki, Well, Yamamoto comes over, gets all this money, and is you know it looked about as a as one of the best pitchers in baseball, and look what he's done, you know, the MVP of the World Series. And well, isn't rookie Sazaki supposed to be the same. Well, the little younger than Yamamodo, he wasn't as established or as decorated for what he did over in Japan because he's still such a young pitcher, just twenty four years old. He comes over, you know, at the age of twenty two to play for the Dodgers. Now he's twenty four, doesn't have a lot of starts underneath his belt. Last year he had the up and down season. The injury was a big part of it. We saw what he was able to do in October and everybody got excited and everybody was like, wow, this is something special. And once he goes back to a starter, we're gonna just see this dominance all the time. Hasn't panned out this year. He's been up and down. He's shown some brilliance in some innings, and then there's been innings they just completely get away from him and he's got zero control of any of his pitches. So I don't think it's time to pull the plug on him by any means. John Smoltz said this on Fox yesterday that he is oozing with talent, and everybody wants to be so quick to say, well, it's not working, it's not what's wrong, what's wrong? How do we fix it? He just needs to mature a little bit. He just needs to, you know, to marinate, so to speak. And if that marination means more starts in Triple A or more starts at the big league level, but justin Robleski or image Shean's there to back them up in a tandem situation, then that's the scenario. I don't know which direction they go. I think it's going to be a fascinating decision when Blake Snell does come off the injured list, And it's something we've been talking about and whispering about for the last two weeks or so and every start that goes by between She and Sasaki and Robleski. Out of the three, Robleski's the one that's at the top of the list, and like, hard to take this guy out of the rotation. You know, you can make an argument for Sasaki and Shean not being the rotation anymore. You can certainly make a case for a Sasaki, you know, maybe going back to the bullpen she and being the tandem guy, the bulkating guy behind the Sasaki. There's there's different avenues that they can take. I just cannot wait to see which is the decision they go to. Without all being said, all these guys are going to be asked to be a part of this team in a big way all season long, and their roles are going to be asked to be big all season long, no matter that as a starter or a leiever, a bull geting guy in the rotation, out of the rotation. It's a long season. Folks, were just now at May third and things happen, Injuries happens, ups and downs, the seasons happened. That's all going to come into factor here in twenty twenty six. But without a doubt all these guys were talking about in the rotation. You know, the log jam is starting pitching is a first world problem, I guess is what you would say around Major League Baseball, because there are number of teams that don't even have enough starting pitching or caliber starters like the Dodgers have. So what they have is a first world problem, a good problem to have, and certainly shows the depth of this organization. It's only going to get deeper when you get you know, a Bruce dar Gratterol who made a minor league rehab assignment outing last night, his first in two years. You know you're gonna get back of Brock Stewart off the end list here very shortly. Where does he slot into the bullpen? Which arm? And the bullpen is then gonna be the odd man out. So these are good problems to have, but no doubt. Keep in mind, it's May, and just because a guy is taking out of the rotation in May doesn't mean he'll be back in the rotation in June or is not going to be a huge factor for this Dodgers team the second half of the season and come October, Because without a doubt, all these guys are going to be counted on in whatever capacity to help out this Dodgers team. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seven. Let's take a quick time out. We'll come back, we'll reset, We'll get to more phone calls. Appreciate you being with us here on this Sunday afternoon. Tim kates with you here on postgame Dodger Talk as the Dodgers beat the Cardinals four to one behind Justin Roldbleski's six shutout innings. He's now five to zero on this season. Lowers is era to one point twenty five overall as the Dodgers snap their four game losing streak. Most importantly, now it's off the Houston for a three game series against the Ashows your phone calls. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts as well when we continue here on an FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: AM five seventy la Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: All love those things.
Speaker 1: Search AM five seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We're streaming online. We streamed every game too. Come find them.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Tim Case with you here for a little bit longer on Dodger Talk on N five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. So wherever you're at, we appreciate you taking us with you. On this Sunday afternoon, the Dodgers beat the Cardinals four to one in Saint Louis Justin Robleski six shutout innings. Tenor Scott got his second save of this season, pitching a one two three ninth inning for the Dodgers, who improved a twenty one and three overall, and they get the win. Being their former teammate Dustin May, he got his World Series ring on Friday night and then he got a hung with the loss on Sunday by the Dodgers. He allowed three runs on seven hits over six innings in his first start against his former team that drafted him way back win and came up into the major leagues seven plus seasons with the Dodgers. They traded him to the Red Sox last year at the trade deadline, and it comes back today with six innings against the Dodgers. But the Dodgers get the victory. Saint Louis has their six game winning streak come to an end, and they do it again without hitting a home run for their sixth straight game. The Dodgers saw show Hey Otani go oh for three today with a walk and a hit by pitch from Justin Brule, the former Dodger, in the seventh inning. Otani oh for fourteen in his last four games, his longest hitless streak since going five games without a hit as a member of the Angels in May of twenty twenty two. So the Dodgers win despite no production at the plate from Show Hey Otani. Freddie Freeman a two hour RBI single up the middle of the fifth put the Dodgers up three to nothing, and then Alex Call with the pinch hit RBI single in the ninth inning. The Dodgers get the win to salvage the series in Saint Louis. Now it's off to Houston. Yoshinobu Yamamoto will get the start in the series opener. Show he Otani will go on Tuesday. Tyler Glass now scheduled to go on Wednesday. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Medello Midelo. The Mark of a fighter and go to Colorado and my guy Blake checks in here on Dodger Talk on this Sunday afternoon. What's going on, Blake.
Speaker 6: I'm really glad that don get a win today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did so without hitting a home run, no strikeouts from Justin Robleski, Blake, what do you do when Blake Snell comes back into this rotation off the injured list? Who's no longer in the rotation?
Speaker 7: I would say, sank wokee to talking down to tri A Blade. He hasn't had a good Kay, She's not doing great right now.
Speaker 2: I've just though, Yeah, you gotta wonder if a send down to Triple A is the answer, or maybe he and an Image, she and you know, become a tandem and moving forward, Sasaki gets to start and we see how long you could go the least gets a little shorter. Blake and you got Image. Sheen to be a bulkeanning guy. Both of them deserve to be in the rotation, no doubt about it. Both have pitched well. But with Blake Snell coming back, you gotta make a decision, and it's a hard it's a hard decision to tell Justin Robleski sorry, you're five and zero. You got one of the top three e ras in baseball the first six weeks of the season, but you're no longer in the rotation. I just I can't see that happening, Blake.
Speaker 7: No, No, he's been good.
Speaker 4: He's been good for us. And with like Tommy Edmond and Kik coming back, who's gonna have a good season?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean they're already in first place and they're doing so with those guys you mentioned on the injured list, No, Blake Snell, a bullpen that's got a lot of arms still on the men that will come back and help out at some point. And you again no Mookie Bets for the better part of this season out with the obleaque injury. This is this shows you, Blake, just how deep this team it is, right, Just how how many guys it takes to contribute, and how good the Dodgers are compared to everybody else. Yeah, all right, my man, Everything good with you outside of baseball?
Speaker 6: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 2: You have any plans this summer? A you're gonna go on any trips?
Speaker 9: Not yet yet.
Speaker 7: I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: Please do because last year you went on those great trips. Uh, to see the Dodgers play on the road and see them in different ballparks around the country. So uh, maybe you get back out on the road. Either way. Great to hear your voice, Blake, and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: Be back.
Speaker 2: I'll be back later and during the week. How about that?
Speaker 7: Okay, talk to you when.
Speaker 2: I think so. We'll talk to you then, Blake. Good to hear from you, my man. That opens up a line. It ain't sick six nine seventy Daniel in Long Beaches next up here on Dodger Talk after a Dodgers four to one win over the Saint Louis Cardinals to snap their four game losing streak. How are you doing there, Daniel, I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Dodgers get the win, Justin Robleski's a stud and the Dodgers are still in first place.
Speaker 8: That's right, man, Yeah, it looks great today. So I got a question about two players for you who are in the organization. Two young guys who seem to have had all the potential at some point, you know, during their careers, and guys Gavin Stone. I'm curious, do you think he's gonna get some runway as a starter this year. And Bobby Miller, you know, a guy that's in the organization. It seems like they may have missed the boat to trade him at some point, but he's still with the team. I'm not sure what its value is at this point, but do you think he's going to be up with the big league team at any point during this year?
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, thanks for checking in. Bobby Miller and Gavin Stone both not really pitching right now, and Gavin Stone gave it a try in spring training. Gavin Stone had a setback with his shoulder and is still just kind of up in the air. And we're seeing Bobby Miller down in the minor leagues, not pitching any games yet. So Bobby Miller is still bothered by the shoulder sowortness that he had during spring training as well. So neither are close. Neither right now are you know, expected to contribute at any point. In fact, Bobby Miller's on the sixty day il with that right shoulder swordness, so he is not looking like he's going to be back anytime soon. And Gavin Stone a guy you root for because think about what Gavin Stone meant to this Dodgers team in twenty twenty four. I mean go back to the injuries the Dodgers had, and that was prevalent all the way through the postseason, right, I mean bullpen games they had the World Series, what they had two or three games in which there were bullpen games because they didn't have enough starting pitching. Gavin Stone made twenty five starts in twenty twenty four. Where would they be without them? You can make a case they don't win the division in twenty twenty four. He was that good, eleven wins, He had an era you know, three and a half. You know, he struck out one hundred and sixteen in those twenty five starts, and then his arm just gave out on him late in August early September and wasn't around come the postseason. But he left it all out there during the regular season. Unfortunately, Gavin Stone has battled the arm and shoulder injuries the last year plus and has not been back since he was out there pitching for the Dodgers in twenty twenty four. So he's not anywhere close to coming back, nor is Bobby Miller. But yeah, certainly the Dodgers right now have a pluth throw of starting pitching, and we mentioned the bullpen with Blake, you know, mentioned a couple of names that are still out there, Bruce dar Graderol brox Stewart, still out there making their way back In brock Stewart, I gotta believe he's gonna be back closer than we expect because he's already made a couple of appearances in the minor leagues. He's pitched on back to back games that checked a couple of boxes. So brock Stewart should be ready to go. And at some point I expected the right hander to be back up and joined the Dodgers bullpen. Bruce dark Ratorol, case you missed it, last night through in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City, his first time on a mountain since Game five of the twenty twenty four World Series. That's how long it's been since he's pitched in a minor league or major league game. And he was back out there last night surly checking a box and another step forward for the Bozuka, which would be fantastic get him back in this bullpen. Let's wrap things up real quick with Izzy before we hear from the manager Dave Roberts, Isy, how.
Speaker 7: You doing today, Hey, Kim, I told you to calm down. They'll be fine. I'm pretty too many patrols to calm down. This isn't the time to wary. This was the playoffs. Yeah, I would bring up the kind of bread, but hey, weall. Yeah, I invited it to my busy party. I did this tenny to you. But anyway, it was a good game today, So it's yeah, you know, it's when I did which we could have won the series. But maybe we can win this series is Houston. It's a long season. Yeah, it's a long season. People. Let's just calm down and we'll be fine. You play them when on Wednesday, because my body is on Thursday and the Dodges on scared go on Tuesday to win. But never my I'm scaredule on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Stuff.
Speaker 7: Whatever, it's the schedule it but yeah, the dogs be fine, guys. One thing I didn't meet you asked you think I've been dying to know is the anything I heart Radio have have a the Tripway team. I know the quake is ThisDay? Any move?
Speaker 2: Oh you're looking at Ontario tower buzzers? Yeah, you know, I'm not sure. I'll look into that for you is and I'll shoot you a text or next time we talk. I'll hope to have an update for you. But I just don't know if they're carrying the games on the iHeartRadio app like the Rancho Cuckamonga Quakes did. So I'll look into that for you and hopefully get an answer very soon. Dodgers get to win four to one over the Saint Louis Cardinals. Justin Robleski the six shutout innings. Tanner Scott picks up the save as the Dodgers get the series finale in Saint Louis. Let's head back out to Bush Stadium and let's hear from the manager, Dave roberts Day.
Speaker 4: When you have someone like Justin Rooblaski, we know that he's been pounding the zone, but when he gets through six shoutout innings without a strikeout, what does it just say as to how he's exactly kind of navigating to their lineup and what he's been able to do.
Speaker 9: You know, I think it's just it's it's what it does. It keeps the defense involved, he's got a good pace to it to him, you know, puts the ball in play, and obviously he'd like to get some more swing a miss, but you know, those guys are swinging the bats and you know, hitting it guys and a lot of soft contact. And again, I just like the way that guys stay involved behind him, and you know, every single time he takes the baseball, it just we have an opportunity to win a game, most importantly, and he goes deep in games, and so for me, I just feel like he's always prepared sequences differently and just goes after guys.
Speaker 4: How to the game, you talked about the importance of getting things going early, just as Hee those two runs in the second. Did you feel like this was a good sign for the offense and how they can kind of continue to.
Speaker 2: Move in the right direction.
Speaker 9: I think so, I think so. You know, I thought collectively the bets are good and getting timely hits, having some good walks and good at bats and you know, yeah, we didn't break out today, but we scored more than they did, so that's a good start.
Speaker 10: With Rubleski, you mentioned he's going to pretty much every start keeping them to one or no run. Just what kind of team impact does that kind of ripple out with that consistency.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, it's it's it's it's a team. When you know guys with him, you know he's gonna go at guys the defense here of like they're part of that. They're on their they're on their toes ready to make a play. And the bottom line is to get as many outs as you can any way you can. And he's certainly been efficient, So it's not like you know, he's not efficient and not striking guys out. He's efficient getting guys out most importantly and getting out. So I love what he's doing. And it was good to get you know, Tanner in there. It was good to get Blake in there and up and down for clients. So just across the board, just a good, good ball.
Speaker 3: Game, clotard being I'll tell you about without swinging miss results like Roubuski's might not be sustainable. I think Rubuski would be the first to say that he doesn't care when you look at his how he's attacking and most I think his tenacity for the first pitch strike.
Speaker 2: And hammering the zone.
Speaker 10: How does that aggression maybe not reflect in the metrics, but reflect on him as a pitcher.
Speaker 9: Well, I think that he is very understanding of the most important things to get out and you're either going to chase strikeouts and work behind and nibble and not be efficient, go shorter in games, or you're going to keep going after guys and getting outs. And I think for me, just to kind of push back on the unlucky or the lucky part of things is there's a lot of soft contact. There's a lot of lazy fly balls, soft grounders, pop ups and things like that. So he's he going to have a one at the end of the day. Probably not, But I still think he's done a great job as a starting pitcher for us.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts talking a lot about Justin Robleski what he has done for this Dodgers team, and hard to argue with the success six scoreless innings today, he has been fantastic. Now at five and zero on this season, he's got a one to fifty two E r ray, a sub one E r ray as a starting pitcher in the five starts, his two earned runs over thirty two innings of work as the Dodgers left hander gets the win yet again today as the Dodgers get the four to one win over the Cardinals. Matches next up, Mitchie there, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I doing tim side the gluton of pitchers and bets. How about Russia? He had to get on a bet too long, Will Smith. It's a real nice problem to have, and thanks all.
Speaker 2: Right, Mitch. Good to hear from you. It is a good problem to have. And finding a batch for Dalton Rushing has proven to be something that Dave Roberts is trying to do every single series, whether it's give him starts behind the plate, whether it's get him some at bats off the bench. You know, will we see him getting some more starts at first base? I have to believe so to get Freddie Freeman off his feet. But out of every Dodger player, kind of feel like Freddie Freeman is the hardest guy to tell you're not in the lineup today because he wants to play every single day, even when he has been sick over the weekend in Saint Louis telling Dave Roberts, I want to play, I want to start. I'll give you as much as I can and I'll let you know when I can't go any more. And Freddie Freeman just that kind of guy wants to play every single day. So finding that batch for Dalton Rushing has been hard, but they've been able to do that, and certainly when he's gotten the time, he has made the most of it and been a guy who's hit the long ball and certainly produced when his name has been asked. All Right, that's going to do it for Dodger Talk here on Sunday afternoon. Thanks to Zach, Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. We are back at it tomorrow with Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck as the Dodgers roachum continues and Houston, with a three game series against the Astros, Yoshinobu Yamamoto will get the start. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at four o'clock after Petros some money first pitch at five to ten. Dodgers with a four to one win over the Saint Louis Cardinals. Sixth great game without a home run, no problem. Dodgers get a double and an RBI from Freddie Freeman, I Sung Kim an RBI single, Andy Paez drives in a run, Alex Paul gets into the party driving in a run, and then Jester Robleski was six shutout innings to get the victory. His fifth of the season. Dodgers now twenty one and thirteen, still the top the NL West. Have a great safe rest of your Sunday afternoon until tomorrow sow everybody sa