Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can't control.
Speaker 5: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers the Damn Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Monday night, August the tenth, as your Los Angeles Dodgers are back home at Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium as they start a seven game home stand. The Dodgers seventy and forty eight on this season, first place atop the NL West, but they're lead in the division down to seven and a half games after a disappointing one in five road trip. That's how the Dodgers gets swept out of shitgo then dropped two of three to the Diamondbacks. Well, they're back at it tonight though, for the start of a three game series against the Kansas City Royals Trek Scooble on the mound. First pitch from Unico Field. The Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to cover here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck coming up in a forty five minutes. You're gonna hear from Dodger ketcher Ben Rourtvett DV. Of course, David Vase checks in throughout the hour. David met Roberts, the Dodger manager, we'll hear from him. Coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll preview this pitching matchup. We of course got your Dodgers magical moments. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes your Otani rewind. Plus we'll head out to the gap before broadcast booth and check out with Charlie Steiner and a Rick Monday Well. Yesterday in Arizona, the Dodgers snake bit again as they fell to the Diamondbacks. Justin Robleski got the start, the left handers struggled at his previous two starts, looking to rebound. Yesterday in the desert, unfortunately, more of the same in the first to lead off walk. Three batters later could Tell Marte a two run home run, and just like that, the Diamondbacks had a two to nothing lead. It was a ninth home run given up by Robleski in the last three starts. In the second that Diamondbacks tacked on more throwing air by Justin Robleski on a butt of ten brought in the third run of the game, Gabriel Moreno, then an RBI double. Diamondbacks had a four to nothing lead. Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks starterro and Roder Rodriguez was shutting down. The Dodgers offensively struck out three in the first two winnings. Finally, though, in the top of the third, the Dodgers broke through Keyky, Hernandez been Roardvett back to back one out singles. Two batters later, with two on two outs, Andy Piez.
Speaker 2: Andy Pie has struck out first time up. He swings linds it up the middle. That's a base hit. Rounding third is Key k Hill score rounding second. Heading for thirdis rot Bett and into second, standing is Andy Pie His and the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Get on the board. It's four to one.
Speaker 2: Hit it to the left of second, and there was a lot of room in that left center field area. Took the Diamondbacks a while to track it down.
Speaker 3: Harvey I double for Pajez is seventy six run batt an end, Dodgers on the board, down four to one. In the six Dodgers cut into that Diamondbacks lead again. Freddie Freeman aladoff single three batters later, two outs for Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: Heb me for a one to one pitch. Here it is swings it, hits it down the right deal line.
Speaker 1: Fair ball.
Speaker 6: It's gonna roll all the way to the corner.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman around second, he's on his way to third.
Speaker 6: They're gonna send him home. There comes the relay throw.
Speaker 2: Freddie scores standing and into third goes Tucker.
Speaker 1: It is four to two.
Speaker 7: Now Dodgers had to feel that they're back in the ballgame. Piassa Hernanez is at home plate telling Freeman and said, look, you might want to be able to slide. Freddy saw the throw coming in and was able to stand up.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman comes all the way around to score RBI triple for Kyle Tucker, his fifty fourth RBI. That's the top Sier play of the game brought to about Arco quality top tier game for less. Dodgers down four to two, however, that would be it. Dodgers would go in order in the seventh. The leadoffs single in the eighth was a race by a ground ball double play from Freddie Freeman. Dodgers would fail to do anything in the ninth ball game over. Diamondbacks beat the Dodgers yesterday for to two to take the three game series. Edward Rodriguez gets to win justin Robleski the loss. Dodgers go one to five on the road trip. They've now lost eight of their last nine, fifteen of their last twenty four. What was once a fourteen game lead in the NL West is down to just seven and a half. Dodgers return home, down for the start of his seven game homestand first up the Kansas City Royals. Trek Google on the mound. First pitch is seven to ten and with more we head out to the gallop and four broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, All right, Tim, we get ready for Game one hundred and nineteen. That means forty four games left in the regular season, forty eight days to play Dodgers and Royals, the first of a three game series, and then a very big series Thursday through Sunday with the Milwaukee Brews. Tonight, Derek scooble Night says, first start with the Dodgers in the home.
Speaker 7: Whites well, and the Dodgers need to kind of wake up. The Dave Roberts is talking about the fact, look, we're not hitting the fastball and they're exposing themselves to the change up in secondary pitchers. So the offense has to get going and the Dodgers have to get going. I mean, since the fifth of July, the Dodgers have gone eleven and seventeen.
Speaker 9: Their lead out.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's been cut to seven and a half games, but I think, to man, this Dodger ball club understands they have not been playing particularly well at all, and they're trying to right the ship and do it as quickly as possible.
Speaker 8: You know, in the last thirty games, the Dodgers have gone thirteen and seventeen, all the while the Brewers and the Braves have gone nineteen and eleven. They've gained six games in the standings on the Dodgers, they i can't say times running out, but it's beginning to get a little dicey.
Speaker 9: There, you know, Charlie.
Speaker 7: The other part too, is as we watch this ball club, it's not just one area. It's not like, well, they is going to come around. We've got to do this. We got to do that. Romers was talking earlier today about the fact they're not hitting the fastball very well, which is concerning to begin with, but has been on this last road trip. You look at, the defense was okay, the base running was questionable at best, and if you looked in the problems and not only the relief pitchers at times, but also the starters, there's a multiple areas that the Dodgers have to tighten the belts.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 8: Clutch hitting has not been their strong suit up light. It's amazing they've knocked into ninety nine double plays. They leave the majors in that category, and it's clearly cost them in big games and big moments.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here's another number that I was kind of looking at the last couple of games, scoring opportunities, if you will. I talked a lot about runners in scoring position.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 7: In that series against the Arizona over there, they were just four for nineteen. But here's the other numbers that I found glaring. The Doddors in the last road trip had fifty six at bats with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 9: That's pretty good. But then you look at the.
Speaker 7: Opposing teams had eighty six at Bett's with opportunities to knock in run.
Speaker 8: So Scooble goes tonight against Noah Cameron.
Speaker 9: He's a lefty.
Speaker 8: Last three starts he has been outstanding. So the Dodgers and lefties, uh oh. And of course Scooble, as Kansas said, he looks at him say the same thing.
Speaker 9: Huh oh.
Speaker 8: We'll talk about that pitching matchup a little later on on the pregame.
Speaker 9: Here, Tim, all.
Speaker 3: Right, thank you very much. We're off and running here on Wronggo Casino, Dodgers on deck coming up. We got a lot to get to. But first if we cut you down, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza chicken emojos? Do it right now for dinner? Shaky's dot com coming up, we're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. David vessin Check said he goes one on one with Dodger ketcher Ben Road. Fatt will break down this pitching matchup, your Otani rewind, your magical moment. That's all coming up, including next a visit with Kirsen Watson for Sports in at LA Leave drop to Dodgers and Royals on this Monday night, Max Monsey Game seven home Run Bobblehead Night. Yes, first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back of World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network. Hi, it's Johel Otani. This is Dogs on Deck AM five to seventy l s post.
Speaker 5: You're home over the Dogs.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Royals. Stare scooble on the mound first pitch and this series opener coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewind Show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Otani goes oh for four of the couple of stri accounts, goes one for eleven of the weekend as the Dodgers drop two of three to the Snakes.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirs Joints is brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car get be picked up tomorrow that easy donate now Cars for Kids dot Org. That's cars with a can. A lot of buzz in the air tonight out of Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium with Terry School making his home debut. More on that in a minute, but also a buzz pregame with show hey Otani picking up a baseball against.
Speaker 6: He sure is.
Speaker 11: We got to see him play catch for the first time in a couple of weeks since when the team was in Philadelphia on the road to come out of the All Star Break. That's when he threw that bullpen since having that injection on his knee. Fortunately didn't come out of as well, so they had shut him down. But the good thing is is that it was communicated that he had continued with plios and doing different things inside the weight room. So for him to come on the field and the team was in Arizona, that was big. Now two days later he's come back onto the field here at Unique but Field at Dodger Stadium, so you know he.
Speaker 3: Is with the trainers, he's with the pitching.
Speaker 11: Coaches, and the fact that he's just been able to do whether it's just flat ground doing a little bit of long toss. Those are great signs as he now truly begins this throwing progression. The next big step for him is going to have to be getting off the mound and then that's when we have a more real, realistic timeline for getting him back into a big league game. But just the fact that we are at this point now is is he's in a great position moving forward.
Speaker 3: Trek Schoolble makes his Dodger Stadium debut tonight. Big deal for him after what happened in his Dodger debut last week.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, he was excellent for him to give six innings of work and just you know, he left the game without having only given up two runs. But unfortunately he wasn't able to get the run support. And then the bullpen struggled just a bit, giving the Cubs a little a few extra insurance runs. So unfortunately did not pick up the win in that one. So he comes into this one looking to for himself personally, I imagine, to pick up the win.
Speaker 1: But after that.
Speaker 11: One, he talked about just making his Dodger debut kind of felt like making his big league debut. There were some nerves, There were some excitement. You're with a new organization, with an organization that has massive goals of completing the three peat. So coming into this one, he did admit that, you know, he's excited to experience Dodger Stadium from the home side. They have to imagine it's going to be an incredible reception for him. But he he's a gamer, you know, he wants he's a winner. He's a gamer. We've seen it in other capacities, obviously with his time with the Tigers, whether it's been in a playoff game, whether it's been the two say Young Awards. So he is in the right spot and it's gonna I think it's gonna be really special for not only the Dodgers fans, but just for the organizations to see him take the ball, especially when the team is looking to get back on tracks. Hopefully he can be the little spark that the group needs right now.
Speaker 3: No doubt this Dodger team needs a little bit of a spark get back on track. Certainly having the Kansas City Royals in town happens to help as well. Kier Still, we appreciate, we'll check in with you after the game. Still, they come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deep into this pitching matchup David Vasago's one on one with Ben rourt Vepp. But up next we'll get you an injury or report. And well here for the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and the Royals. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim katsis the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all season law.
Speaker 3: Law Broongo Casino Dodgers on Decade CEWS on this Monday night, as we lead you out to Dodgers and Royals Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for a good times. It's Max Munsey Game seven home run Bobblehead Night. Yes, his home run made it four to three late in the game to send it to the ninth inninguand Miguel ROAs tied it with that dramatic home run and the extra innings of course Will Smith with the home run to give the Dodgers the lead and they go on and win Game seven of the World Series. Last year, Trek Scoobel on the mount Noah Cameron will go for the Royals. First pitch from Uniclo Field. That Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. How about Blake Snell. He's going to return off the injured list tomorrow where he is scheduled to get the start. Blake Snell has pitched in one game. Other than that, he has been on the injured list, most recently because of those loose bodies removed in the elbow surgery. Tyler Glass now on the IL. He made his second rehab start yesterday with Triple A Oklahoma City. He went two and two third inightings, one run, one hit, two strikeouts. He threw forty seven pitches. Will Smith on the IL with the next information. I hope to get an update here from Dave Roberts here in the next couple of minutes. Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation, Dalton rushing on the IL with the elbow injury. How about Benksparrius Gavin Stone, Bobby Miller. All three are in Triple A Oklahoma City Gavin Stone most recently made a start three days ago and inning in two thirds. He struck out three no walks, one are and run through thirty three pitches. It's the big milestone moment for him. He hadn't thrown in a game in over seven hundred days after shoulder surgery at the end of the twenty twenty four season, but he is now trying to salvage his twenty six season. All right, let's head back out to the ravine as we check out the Dodgers gebber anything else questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 10: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, I think, uh, you know, with great players, there's there's very few things that are new to them, you know, and kind of get that the nervness or the excitement, uh, you know, whatever you want to call it in them. And I think that making his first appearance in a home jersey at Dodger Stadium is doing that to Trek. I think he's very excited about tonight, and so I think that that energy is going to be, you know, translated into the stands. In the dugout, there's kind of a buzz in the clubhouse, and you know, he he comes in with pause, active energy, with focus, and so it's going to be it's going to be an electric night. And so you know, I'm looking for us to you know, play well behind him defensively and you know, support them offensively.
Speaker 11: For his last start, you had talked about just with him coming up having that surgery and understanding if there was going to be some adrenaline with the Datus were a new team.
Speaker 3: And I have to mention somewhere in this one, do.
Speaker 11: You want to keep an eye on him or do you feel like you have to kind of manage him a little bit differently in the beginning where the start of the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: You know, I think tonight, you know, the status of the pen is fine, but I feel that we got the first one, you know, with us under our belt, and so I think that for me, I have you know, I feel like letting him go a little bit longer. I think that you know, his last start, I think you could argue I could have let him go another anywhere. I feel this one, you know, we're going to watch intently, but I feel, you know, given a little bit more leash tonight.
Speaker 9: There's a way to let as a.
Speaker 7: Record in a day.
Speaker 10: You know, yeah, I think so, you know, being at home for a week, I think is we're all excited about that, but reset, you know, turn it on, you know, just kind of thinking about it on the plane yesterday. It's like we're a wild card team right now, and you know, we got to get going and play with urgency. And you know, I think that we've got to make sure we're not we don't get ahead of the playoff situation and talk about you know, winning now, winning today and winning tomorrow and you know, so I think that that's the thing that you know, we need to get to and then deal with whatever result. But I think that's part of the we're going to be okay and we're good. You know, that's not good enough, and clearly it's not given how we've played over the last month. So and we put ourselves in this position back a.
Speaker 9: Lot of talent.
Speaker 10: But I think that across the board, we need to play with mom urgency and our guys know that.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a manager Dave Roberts. Yeah, he needs his team to raise their level of intensity, no doubt about that. Well, we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Vassa as we lead you up to Dodgers and Royals first pitch at seven to ten. I'm Tim Kates, is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network. Hey, it's Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 6: This is Dodgers on Deck, AM five seventy LA.
Speaker 1: Sports, your home off the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Royals. Terry Scooble makes his Dodger Stadium debut. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by our friends at Alpoto Board in LA and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces and hot sauces right to your table, El Pato Gourmet and Akin.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim cats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David BASSI.
Speaker 3: All right, DV. It's a big day. Trek Scooble makes his second start for the Dodgers, but its first at home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody's very excited.
Speaker 4: Tim that Trek Scouble will be taking the Mound tonight for the first time in a Dodger uniform. It's not the first time he's pitched at Dodgers Stadium. A few years back, he pitched against the Dodgers when he was with the Tigers, and the Dodgers beat him. So now that he has joined the Dodgers, they're looking forward to him doing what he did at Wrigley Field, and the Dodger offense just needs to get this guy some early run support because that has been a challenge recently in the last ten games.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by Ford Summer Sales Event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year and go to buy Ford now dot com or You're Southern California four Dealer for more information for official vehicle of Major League Baseball. You mentioned the offense helping out to Trek schoogbl David, This Dodgers' offense has been up and down, and for the last couple of weeks it's been down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there's been a lot of guys slumping.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Otawni and Freddie Freeman have been carrying this Dodger offense for quite some time and right now. Both those guys are not getting a lot of hits and not a lot of extra base hits. Can you believe tim From last Sunday to yesterday, the Dodgers all their hits were either singles or home runs. Kyle Tucker's triple yesterday was the first time the Dodgers had a hit that wasn't a single or a home run in the last eight games. And then you think about Freddie Freeman, who had a hit streak at fifteen ended. He's been on base forty seven times since the beginning of July and has only scored nine times. That just tells me that there's not a lot of guys that are producing behind him. So it's something that the Dodgers have got to be patient with. But also tweaked the lineup because Mookie Bets continues to hit fifth. He's not having a great year. Tascar Hernandez, Max Munsey, they're all in slumps. Every player goes through it. It's just problematic when there's four guys at the same time in a slump.
Speaker 3: Well, Dave, we got NFL training camps in full swaying first preseason games for most of the teams coming up this weekend, but an NFL royalty at the Ravine today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, depends if you're a Raider fan or not. Oh, Derek Carr was in the house. Yeah, Derek Carr, former Raider quarterback, was here with his wife and kids.
Speaker 6: He's a huge Dodger fan.
Speaker 4: He was telling me he was sitting in the pavilion when the likes of Raoul Mondesi and Eric Carross were playing in the nineties. So a Central California native Fresno State Bulldog, he had a decision to make either go north with the Giants or south with the Dodgers. Obviously he made the right decision, and guys like Max Munsey, Tommy Edmond, and even manager Dave Roberts were as excited to meet Derek Carr as he was to meet them. And Dave Roberts actually invited Derek Carr and his family into his office about an hour ago to get them out of the heat. So you know, Derek Carr has been announced a special assistant to UCLA football coach Bob Chesney, So Dave Roberts, a good friend of coach Chesney's, invited Derek Carr to the office.
Speaker 3: Love it, love all the Bruin Talk. All right, David appreciate. We'll check back in with you just a little bit. Dave's gonna go one on one with ben Ardfed coming up in about fifteen minutes as well. Coming up here on Morongco Casino Dodgers on deck though we got your Dodgers Magical moment. Don't you go anywhere Dodgers and Royals on this Monday. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lean you up to Dodgers in Kansas City Royals on this Monday ninth, Terrence School will Noah Cameron the pitching matchup. First pitch from unic Loo Field that Dodgers Stadium coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 6: I know it's not a ball.
Speaker 12: Game without a hot dog.
Speaker 6: Who wants a hot cut.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment.
Speaker 5: Pitch Magical by Hawfy Hot times.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers taken on the Royals. We go back to July ninth, twenty seventeen, Dodgers taken on the Royals in the final game before the All Star Break, a day in which Clayton Kershaw dominated.
Speaker 13: Three balls, two strikes and two outs. Kershaw's ninety ninth pitch. Here it comes swag on and miss strike three. Kershaw strikes out his thirteenth, his first complete game of the year, the twenty fifth of his career, and at the All Star Break, the Dodgers have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 6: There's sixty one.
Speaker 12: And twenty nine.
Speaker 13: The last time thirty two over five hundred.
Speaker 12: You have to go.
Speaker 6: Back thirty nine years when the.
Speaker 13: Dodgers in nineteen seventy eight were ninety one and fifty nine in the middle of September. Here it is the end of the second week of July.
Speaker 3: Clayton Kershaw tosses a complete game on that July afternoon against the Royals. Thirteen strikeouts, zero walks. Time of game two hours and sixteen minutes. This is before the pitch clock. By the way, it'd be the final complete game of Clayton Kershaw's soon to be Hall of Fame career. This Hofey match co moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs Hoffee Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Haffey Hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Decal checkbackgame with Rick Monday. So we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Royals. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deach on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals. Trek Schouoble makes him start his first a uniclow field at Dodgers Stadium. Were in Dodger Blue. First pitch coming up at seven to ten on Max Munsey Games seven Home Run Bobblehead night time down for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calf Verizon store today.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Maas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: All right, Rick, We're back in La the Dodgers in the middle of thirteen in a row, and I know you're really excited to be wherever I am, so buckle up.
Speaker 9: I haven't seen you in a week.
Speaker 6: Will I pop in once in a while?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, Well it's one of those things. You know, your your duties are a monstrous so.
Speaker 9: You have many many calls to make.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you a question because you were in the interview room with the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, and one of the comments that he made, he made no bones about it. He said, now's the time in this team needs to play with more intensity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Miguel Rojas actually told us on the pregame show in Arizona he sent a group tags to his teammates to start the sprint.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: There is no light switch that you turn on during October.
Speaker 9: No, no, none at all.
Speaker 7: And it's a multifaceted As far as the Dodgers in areas that they need to improve upon it, there's no offense and buns about it. I mean, you look at them up to July, they were two games above five hundred.
Speaker 9: That was it. They went thirteen and eleven.
Speaker 7: And if you look at the Dodgers in no sense, to the fifth of July, they were eleven and seventeen.
Speaker 9: But it's not just one area. We said, well, that's going to take care of itself. This is going to do that.
Speaker 7: I think I've been surprised by the lack of hitting, in particular the lack of timely hitting.
Speaker 4: And the one thing that was brought up to Dave Robert, it's the last couple of days wre is the fact that it's becoming glaring the Dodgers League baseball in the most double plays grounded into and everybody is looking at him like, hey, what are you going to do about it? And his response was the batters have got to be better and have a better plan to not hit balls on the ground.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I think that's the awareness of knowing the count, knowing the score, and especially I think early in account too, because that's an area that we're beginning to see a lot of ground balls and the double players early. The other part too, is I made notice that in Arizona. You know someone that I saw there every game, one of the Kansas City Royal scouts. And if we start to look at the pattern that we're seeing, opposing pitchers go to the Dodgers, Dodgers and they've made mention this, they'd not hit the fastball very well, which to me is shocking because normally you say, hey, they're going to hit the fastball, it's the other stuff. But on top of and here's where the scouting comes into effect, they did not handle awf speed pitches in particular changeups well at all in that entire series in Arizona. And if they look at who they're going to face tonight, Noah Cameron, that changeup he uses just over twenty percent of the time, and he has a good one.
Speaker 4: I was watching some of those replays about bats Rick where you're talking about the Dodgers not hitting fastballs. You know this, and you've said it, and I've watched. If you don't have your front foot down early enough, you're not going to catch up to that fastball. What is it about the Dodgers right now that are so off balance?
Speaker 7: No, I don't know, but I think from timing itself from top to bottom, for the most part, has been very, very inconsistent.
Speaker 9: You know, with the exception.
Speaker 7: You look at Otani the last twelve games, he's hitting it three seventy. Andy Ponis batting right behind him the last twelve games, hitting it three forty seven. But Dennis Ben kind of hit and miss for even as one of the bad better I thought Freddy Freeman probably hit the ball as hard as anyone else in that Arizona series. He had a lot of balls right at people, including one line drive double play.
Speaker 4: My favorite player to watch right now is Tommy Edmond. I love watching him play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he does a good job. But you know, the last two weeks Tommy Edmonds hit won forty three. Yeah, and he's in the cleanup spot tonight, switch hitter, and we'll find out what the guys is going to do. They have not played particularly well as far as batting against left handed pitching, at least to this particular point. And if we start to look at it, you know, there's only four home stands left in the regular season, and one of those, the next one, is only for three games.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at this series, Rick, I don't know if you look at it this way as a broadcast or as a player, but this is a series the Dodgers have to get on track because they got the Brewers coming in for four games after this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's not going to be an easy test. They're going to take care of the task at hand right now. They missed opportunities in Chicago, they missed opportunities in Arizona, and for the Dodgers again since the fiftish line of the eleventh and seventeen and having now lost eight of the last nine games, it's beyond the point of trying to get it in the gear. And at what point in time we see the frustration kind of come up. If someone made a comment here at the stadium he says, oh, these are the dog days, and then that same person saying it's the first time we've ever heard that term. I'm like, where in the heck have you been? Yeah, yeah, these are the dog days.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it hits this team a little bit harder now.
Speaker 9: The only thing is you don't want to play like dogs. That's the only thing.
Speaker 7: That's the only thing you have to do is it's be able to do it. This ball club has plenty of talent. I think they're going to do it. The question is when.
Speaker 9: No better time, David Vesay than tonight.
Speaker 4: Like Tommy Lasorda would always say, I need somebody that.
Speaker 9: Can do all day long.
Speaker 4: Thanks Rick, We'll check back in with you and Charlie a little bit later. For now, we'll send it back to that cushy air conditioned studio where Tim Kates is living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels pretty good. Seventy one degrees right now inside our bur Ranks Studios with Coliny. Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. There's a uniclod dot com slash us still the I'm here on Dodgers on Deck dv's gonna go one on one with Ben Rortvett. I'm next though, that is that we're also gonna get you a pitching matchup preview and the keys to the game. Dodgers and Royals on this Monday night, first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kanson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nutwork.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and a Kansas City of Royals on this Monday Night. Terren Schooble and Noah Cameron the pitching matchup, we'll dive deeper into the numbers. Coming up in just a little bit is Google makes the second start wearing Dodger blue Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night, and Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This it's high end time.
Speaker 4: The last time Ben Rhortfitz was in Los Angeles, he was celebrating the Dodgers World Series parade and he had the yacht rock captain's hat on the bus. Ben Rhtfitz is back at Dodgers Stadium on school ol Day.
Speaker 6: Ben, welcome back home. And I know you missed the sunshine.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I forgot. There's no clouds here, so this place is awesome.
Speaker 6: Gotta ask you, where is that captain's hat.
Speaker 14: I think it's at home. I think it's at home. I don't know the exact whereabouts, but I think it's I think it's in my closet at home. I think it's up top. I'm not reaching it. Yeah, staying there.
Speaker 6: You know how this feels with you back.
Speaker 4: It's like watching a sitcom and one of the characters on the sitcom left, but you always feel like they're going to come back at some point in the season. Did it feel that way for you that you were just a temporary absence this year?
Speaker 6: Not sure.
Speaker 12: Obviously.
Speaker 14: I kind of was back and forth to start the year, which was I was just going to be grateful forapping.
Speaker 12: To them reaching back out wanting me back. So it was really cool.
Speaker 14: But I kind of know how the business works nowadays, so just a chance to play, get reps in and just see what happens by the end of the year and end up back here. So super grateful, super grateful for the opportunity.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I do for the Dodgers? It's been a year? Do you know what I do?
Speaker 12: I know what you do, But what are you hitting that.
Speaker 4: I take calls from fans and I can tell you this all year long, they kept on calling for the Dodgers to trade for Ben roortfit again. I mean, you are a cult hero with Dodger fans because of what you did last year.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's that's really cool. I'm extremely grateful.
Speaker 14: Obviously, I did not expect last year to happen and to turn out the way It is extremely, extremely cool and Like I said, I'm just here to try to run it back and do the best I can help the team.
Speaker 4: Here's another question. Hunter Fiducca came back with the rays. He got his ring has been Rotfitt been gifted his championship ring.
Speaker 12: Yet, Yeah, I got it. I got it.
Speaker 14: I got it, shipped out ups to Syracuse. I wasn't holding back. They wanted to wait, but I told him to expedite that one. So I got at home already. What part of the was that sent to you early on? I reached out early on and they sent it. They're kind of waiting. I think they're the box had something messed up with it. But I said, I don't care about the box. I want to see the ring. I want to see the ring.
Speaker 6: So yeah, oh that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Bet Roy fitz Back, a World Series champion, a guy that caught Trek Scooble's Dodger debut at Wrigley Field tonight, is going to be very energetic at the ballpark. What can you tell us about Scooble after that first start?
Speaker 14: Powerful stuff power Pitcher knows himself really well, and he knows what he wants to do. Lean strengths and Yeah, forced to be reckoned with really really, really good and very strong competitor.
Speaker 4: You've caught some of the best Yamamoto in spring training with the Mets. Nolan McClain, what's it like to see Schooble in person and to be as catcher in person?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's cool, really powerful lefty. So those guys are alrighty, So like the lefty angles a little a lot different, super high slot, really really good stuff, commands and stuff well, and it's not afraid to be guys in the zone.
Speaker 12: So it's really fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Isn't that The one thing about him that maybe is close to Kershaw just how much he competes on the mound.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, no, give it to him.
Speaker 14: I mean, meeting him right off the bat, you can tell the way he talks and the way he commands himself.
Speaker 12: It's just an ultimate competitor.
Speaker 4: Will you surprised how he's not as intense as Kershaw is on start day?
Speaker 12: No, I don't compare and contrast.
Speaker 14: Yeah, a lot of people told me try to stay out a Kershaw's way, So, yeah, try to stay out a Kershaw's way, especially the end of his career. Derek's not much different try to stay out of his way. I know he has his his own routines, but yeah, we'll keep building that as we keep going.
Speaker 6: In the pregame meetings.
Speaker 4: How much is the next level thinking as far as game plan goes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Like I said, he leans a lot of his strengths.
Speaker 14: He knows himself really well, and obviously he has a reputation with his stuff.
Speaker 12: But I'm not gonna get too much into it.
Speaker 14: But extremely extremely good competitor and always look forward for him to take the bump.
Speaker 4: I feel like if things go well tonight, Dodgers are ahead in the eighth inning, scoobles got the win in the bag. Ben Rhartfitt comes onto the on deck circle and steals the thunder tonight.
Speaker 12: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 14: I don't make those calls, but I'm always ready.
Speaker 6: Hey, great to have you back.
Speaker 4: I know you were slow to uh really feel the vast a glow and the vast a vibe, but I feel like you're all in now, so I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: I'm all in, I'm all in. No, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Hey, Ben rort Fitz back. He's been our guest on schoob all day. You'll receive a pair of sunglasses for Canaan. It's coming in ups, no doubt, like his championship ring.
Speaker 6: We'll send back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you, DV. I love that Ben Rhortvett is back wearing a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of Dodger fans calling Dodger Talk after games wanted Rarty back, and the Dodgers went out and picked him up. All right? Is it leads? After first pitch Dodgers and Royals coming up. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back of worlds. Here's champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 12: Hey, it's Desha Hernandez. This is Dodger to Deck.
Speaker 14: Here every game on AM five to seventy or streaming on the IHI Radio.
Speaker 3: App Dodgers and Royals on this Monday Nights series opener beginning of the seven game homestand first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the d neck, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy, Noah, Cameron on the mound for Kansas City six and eight with a four to thirty seven ERA. Twenty seven year old left tander made his major league debut last season, finished fourth of the Rookie of the Year voting in the American League. Making his twenty second start this year, fastball, change, up, cutter, curve slider. Last time out, eight innings, one run, three hits, nine strikeouts on a win over the Twins. How about his last three starts, He's one to zero. He's allowed just one run over twenty three innings with twenty four strikeouts. That's a zero point three to nine ERA during that stretch. Keep in mind this is on the heels of a seven start stretch in which he had an ERA near eight. Cameron has faced the Dodgers once already in his young career last June at Coffin Stadium in Kansas City, where he gave up five runs on three hits, including two home runs in four innings of work. Trek Scooble on the mound of Forore the Dodgers seven and six with a two to eighty one ERA. The twenty nine year old left hander making his eighteen start this season, just his second since coming over with the trade deadline from Detroit. Now at the Dodgers fastball change up sinker slider last time out six innings, two runs, four hit, six strikeouts and a loss of the Cubs at Wrigley Field last Tuesday. Across nineteen games, which includes seventeen starts against Kansas City, Terrek Scoble is five to nine with the three eighty six ERA, and his last outing against Kansas City back on July twenty fourth, the left hander got a two to one win for the Tigers, pitching seven to third Indians, allowing one run on four hits while walking just two and striking out twelve. Only one strikeout shy of matching his career high last time against Kansas City Terrek Schouble Noah Cameron Dodgers in Royals. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch keys of the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 3: Long Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals on this Monday night. Derek Scooble warming up, making his Dodger Stadium debut and Dodger Blue. No Cameron the left tender. We'll go for Kansas City. First pitch coming up at seven ten. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts, Uh great moment start Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference. Saporo has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sopporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth, Charlie steiner Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: After to the kind a difficult road trip in which the Dodgers lost five of six. Home again, and tonight Derek Scooble will be making his first start at Dodger Stadium in the home Whites. And of course Schoogle is a story whatever he does, and Noah Cameron is going for Kansas City.
Speaker 7: I'm they first of all for a Terrek Schoogle that Dave Roberts talking earlier today and just a raving about the makeup of Terrek Scooble is that he's here to do anything that we need to do in order to get to maybe another championship. But if you look at Schooble, the numbers are really, i mean, just outstanding, barely a two hundred banning average against runners in scoring position, just one seventy seven when he's ahead in the count, and he does that frequently, just a one fifty seven banning average, So he does not allow the opposing club too many opportunities to really strike paydirt.
Speaker 8: Again, we haven't seen that much that closely of Schooble. One of the impressions I know, I get he loves the attention, he loves the big moments, and not every pitcher, every player can.
Speaker 9: Even say that.
Speaker 7: And he's not had the opportunity in his career to pitch ender the biggest and the brightest spotlights. That's exactly what his goals are. Right now, the doctors have to figure out Noah Cameron, who's not overpowering with a fastball. But again Roberts made reference today, the Dodgers have not hit well against the fastball. That is very, very surprising. And Cameron, like schoobl when he can sayhead and the count's a very low banning average against.
Speaker 8: He has given up just one run in his last twenty three innings over his last three appearances. Noah Cameron the lefty and again issues Dodgers difficulties with left handed pitching. And they are striking out on fast balls at an alarming.
Speaker 7: Right yeah, and leaving too many opportunities available to other ball clubs. So both of these clubs, I mean, Kansas City comes in they've lost three of the last four, and the Dodgers, they know exactly what they have done or more importantly, what they have not done in recent games.
Speaker 8: The Royals at forty nine and seventy with the third worst record in baseball only Colorado, the A's and Angels have a worst record. Lineupson first pitch, Dodgers must win, but it's beginning to get them. Is beginning to get a little tight.
Speaker 1: Lineups.
Speaker 3: The first pitch coming up, All right, it's Terrace Google on the mound.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: He's made only one other appearance at Unicle Field at Dodger Stadium March twenty seven to twenty twenty five last year, opening a weekend against the Dodgers when he was pitching for the Detroit Tigers. As he now gets to start tonight's as Dodger Stadium and the fans no doubt going to give him a nice ovation when he takes the mount and comes off it tonight against Kansas City. David Vassay's got your cover with all the post game when this one is over. Dodger start the night first place atop the NL West, seven and a half games up on the Arizon the Diamondbacks, or in action over in the desert taking on the Colorado Rockies. We'll keep you up to date on that and everything else around baseball on this Monday night. First pitch is next, Enjoy it. I'm Tim Katz. This then Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back of World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network