Speaker 1: All right, here you go seven hundred WLW nine oh eight, Dan Carrol till midnight tonight. We call this the Thursday Night edition of the Midweek Crisis. And now that the Reds are done, this is going to become a regular thing Wednesday night, Thursday Night until basketball season starts. Are we looking forward to basketball, Joe? You're looking forward to basketball season already?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, he says, we're still in the middle of football. But for crying out loud, I mean, if it's not going to get any better than what we saw the last couple of weeks, it's going to be a long, long, long football season. But we've got business to get to, so let's go ahead and do that. In the in the wake of Charlie Kirk, there has been an awakening of what it means to be I think a decent person in our society and especially amongst a lot of young people. And I think that's a great thing. And there is an event coming up on Monday, the October the sixth in Butler County and it's going to be a celebration of life and a candlelight vigil for Charlie Kirk. And it is being put on by the Butler County Republican Party. And joining me now is the executive director of the Butler County GOP, and that is Joe Statzer. And Joe, it is great to have you on the show. How are you tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine.
Speaker 3: Thank you, it's great to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Talk about Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you so much. And it's but it's a terrible thing that we have to talk about him. And we all know what happened to Charlie Kirk. But let me before we talk about the event, let me ask you this. There's been so much reporting about how, especially in look Charlie Kirk made we found out. I think we had an idea that he was makingnnections with young people all across the country, and I think in the wake of his assassination, we found out just how profound that connection really was. And we've seen the literal explosion of Turning Point USA clubs popping up and growing in high schools and colleges all across the country, but especially in the high school level. How has that manifested itself? Have you seen this yourself happening there in Butler County, Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I know there is a couple of schools in Butler County that starting chapters. Ironically, Miami University had just launched a Turning Point USA had had a meeting just before the assassination. But it's already growing. It's just bursting. And I was actually talking to a couple of the college Republicans tonight and the interest up there is overwhelming. I mean, Charlie's influence on what happened, it's having an amazing impact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think when you look at the kind of things that Charlie cur was about, yeah, it can't help but make four young people who are much better rounded, much better prepared to face adversity in their life, much better prepared to deal on an intellectual level. And uh and and have I think a more realistic view of the world and the world and and actually be more aware of the world around them if they if they get involved in in in something like Turning Point in USA.
Speaker 3: Well at least you get two sides that way. And college campuses, which I'm not sure you really ever did you know? That was what was amazing about it is that you know, people were some of the responses and you know what we're talking about here. Some of the responses on social media from the from the left, from the from the left wingers has been nothing short of just terrible, just awful pathetic. But you know what he was doing, what Charlie was doing, was he was at least giving the other side a saying, and he was doing it with courage, and he was doing it with civil debate. He was letting people give their side and then having logical discussion, which I thought that was what college and universities were all about. And he was doing that, and he was doing it civilly, and he was doing it with with with a great touch of view and human connection with people and UH. And we're going to miss it. But I'll tell you what. What's happened since the assassination that terrible day has been, like you said, just an outpouring of support and UH for turning point us a and for these for these type of UH connections with people, young people on college campuses and young people all over.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the things that's so frustrating to me in the wake of all this, all the people that want to call him a Nazi, all the people that want to call him a purveyor of hate, all these other nasty terms that they that they would they still use about him when they when they do this, and people like Jasmine Crockett, nil ha ilhan Omar and some of the other UH regular suspects have doubled and tripled down on some of the nasty things that they said in the wake of this assassination. And I've always said, I mean, the body of work is there for anyone to see that there there is an abundance of videos and writings and clips. I mean, people don't tell me. People know how to use YouTube and and just go look up Charlie Kirk and you will see that a lot of the things that are being said about him that he said, mean things about women, that he said, mean things about transgenders and all this. You know, the homophobia is homophobia. Look it up. Look it up and look at what he actually said. Don't listen to people who are just saying these things and that what was in the wake of this assassination that was so frustrating to me. And people just simply regurgitate what they hear on some of the leftists and socialist media out there, and they and they act as if they're the ones who really know what this guy was all about.
Speaker 3: Exactly. These left wing talking heads who are not you know, if they do quote him, they take his words out of context, but you're right, most of the time they don't quote him at all. And you know what they say about the name callers, I mean, they've got no argument, they don't they can't even rise to anything close to Charlie's abilities, so they just start calling them names and stating things out of context and name calling, and it's it's pathetic because you're right, there was none of that there. His his his videos are out there. Watched them give him five minutes and then tried to tell me that he was anything but civil and that he was just trying to engage in good solid debate, which is, you know, the cornerstone of one of the cornerstones of America. So yeah, just some of the some of the responses has been a sad commentary on not not America, but that's just the left wing America and where they're at these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the other part that's amazing to me is how some people can be so ultra critical of a guy who is so upfront and open about his faith and what his faith meant to him, and it just it really showed some of the worst. But you know what, I think a lot of that is in time, a lot of that is going to be erased. And I think the events like you're having on this coming Monday night, October the sixth, is going to be you know, those kind of events I think go a long way into dispelling some of that. So tell me about this candlelight vigil that you guys are having for Charlie cart.
Speaker 3: Well, you pointed it out. Let me just start with Dan that. Look, when the left wing gets feels wrong, they have riots, they burned down cities, they attack law enforcement. We've been seeing peaceful vigils all over the nation.
Speaker 1: Excellent point. And that is an excellent point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And that's what conservatives do. And we're not out to destroy the country. We're out to try to rebuild it, and the left wing just wants to just tear it down. So what we're having for Charlie Kirk is, as you said, a celebration of life prayer vigil on October sixth, twenty twenty five. That's this Monday night at the Butler County Fairgrounds, which is over at seventeen fifteen Fairgrove Avenue in Hamilton, in the downtown Hamilton on the east side over there. So we have some speakers. Cook who is a Fox, who's contributor and has been a speaker at our Lincoln Day dinners. Uh, she wanted to come and do this. She's done a couple of vigils. Our chair our chairman are We actually have the College Republican president from Miami who is part of the Turning Point USA chapter at good.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he's going to speak. We have the Vice Mayor of Hamilton, big Charlie supporter, good Conservative Michael Ryan is going to be there and say a few words. One of the judges who's also has some pastor background, Judge Greg Stevens, is going to talk about Charlie's favorite versus Biblical versus Romans twenty eight is I think his favorite verse or was his favorite verse? Look, this is going to be there's gonna be a spiritual side to this, and we're not ashamed of that. We you know, Charlie said he wanted to be in member for the courage that he had for his faith, and I think that goes a long way too. There's a lot of people that want to come to celebrate Charlie and who have a very strong spiritual uh core and foundation, and that's going to come out there, so uh too. So U candlelight, We're gonna have some candles lit. We're gonna have some really beautiful music that's going to be played, and I think people will really really enjoy coming out and celebrating Charlie in his memory and what he meant, and then moving forward to carry that torch.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, just tell Charlie we got it from here. We have to take it from here, and.
Speaker 1: We will absolutely so. I found the information on the butlercountygp dot org. I went to that website, went to events and just scrolled down and all the information was right there. Do you have, you know, on Facebook and other social media where people can find this information if they need to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll try the website first, but we have a lot of people sharing it on a social medi If you find it, please share it. Let your friends and neighbors know. Obviously it's not just a Butler County event. It can be anywhere in the large WLW listening area. But anybody wants to come as welcome.
Speaker 4: There will be a tight.
Speaker 3: Security, so that's that's part of it too, because you never know who's.
Speaker 2: Going to try to come and do something.
Speaker 3: But I think that would be a bad idea. It's going to be a very very nice event, and I think it's going to be a wonderful night to just really celebrate civility and America and Charlie Kirk and what he meant in faith and conservative values, and that's what we're all about in Butler County. As you know, it's it's led the state of Ohio and plurality vote for three straight elections. So that's what we're all about, and we're on a bass we're unashamed to share that. So this will be a very very fine event.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, Joe Statzer of the Butler County GOP, I can't thank you enough for spending some time with us tonight and I'm more than happy to plug this event. And I wanted to do it tonight because I'm not on the air tonight. Between tonight and Monday night, October sixth, I think I got to check with my wife. I think my schedule is clear, so I would definitely love to attend. This event starts at six o'clock and the program, the guest. The doors open at six, the program begins at seven, and that's Monday night, October six and Joe Statser again, thank you so much for the time, and thank you so much for doing everything you can to keep the life and the legacy of Charlie Kirk alive and in vibrant here in the Southwest Ohive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Dan, our pleasure. We'll see you on Monday night and thank you for having me on and it'll be a great event.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, Joe, appreciate it. Keep up the great work. And again, just all you have to do is go to the Butler County GOP website and it's all. They've got it out there on their social media and all the rest of that. So that's a Charlie Kirk event Butler County fair Grounds, October sixth. This coming out Monday night, Butler County fair Grounds and doors open at six and the program starts at seven. So we are looking forward to that. It is nine to twenty coming up on the show tonight. I was I almost had the show where I only had one guest, and then things started happening, and I got a hold of Corey Bowman, and I wanted to have Corey Bowman on because he has just been putting out some some of the most provocative stuff on his social media. And I mean that in the best way possible. It's amazing that this guy's a Republican. It has been decades, it seems like, since a Republican has mounted a serious challenge to become the mayor of the city of Cincinnati, and this guy's campaign has just mean you talk about, you know, grassroots, you talk about genuine, you talk about not being fake. When this guy's campaign started, I don't think anyone really knew who Corey Bowman was other than the fact that there was a tagline that he is the brother of Jade Vans, and I think it's actually, if I'm not mistaken, I think it's actually step brother. But that was sort of the you know that, you know, that was it sort of stopped right there. But as you listen to him speak, and you listen to the ideas that he has, and you listen to the seriousness, seriousness in which he is approaching this this this is a guy who is not to be taken lightly and so I'm going to have him on tonight, and he posted a video that was absolutely startling about what is really happened happening on the streets of downtown Cincinnati. And if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. And we will we will play the video and the audio of it as we get into he's going to join me after the news here at the bottom of the hour. As we get into that interview, we will play that audio. And I also want to get his thoughts on the item piece to Channel nine put out earlier this week, and it has to do with this consultant for the City of Cincinnati, Iris Rolie. So she not only does she head up the Citizens Complaint Authority, and not only does she love to interfere with police work and make the lives of our Cincinnati police officers a living hell. She gets paid very nicely by the City of Cincinnati, by your tax dollars. And so there was an item piece that was done on her and well, yeah, well it's under the heading of I'm looking at the website right now. It's under the heading of itam for WCPO Channel nine and Paula Christian and they found her contract and how much she is being She is being paid for three years work in the neighborhood of six hundred thousand dollars. Not only that she was able to hire her son to apparently walk around Fountain Square, not Fountain Square, but Government Square just a little bit to the east there a Fountain Square and pass out some pamphlets, some flyers, some informational things. And this was a part time job that paid fifty eight dollars an hour. And apparently there was no review process, no oversight, no no red tape, no paperwork for iris rolely to fill out. She you know, just hey, hey, here's my son. Yeah, I know, he's had a rough you know, a rough way to go. Got some convictions for having a weapon, under disability. I think there might have been a drug conviction in there, a couple other things. But yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna pay him fifty eight bucks an hour to go walking around Government Square passing out some literature. Not a bad gig if you can get it. So we'll get his thoughts on that crime in Cincinnati. And this this notion that the city of Cincinnati is relieving medical debt for about one hundred thousand people. How does that happen? So stick around for that. Corey Bowman will join me after the news here at the bottom of the hour. We got to get to that directly. It is nine to twenty five Dan Carroll till midnight tonight, Thursday Night of the Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WLW back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW nine thirty seven Dan Carrol till midnight tonight. It is the Thursday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. A. Cory Bowman is joining me, and before I get to him, I want to I want to play something that he posted on his social media feed yesterday. And this was absolutely startling, at least it was to me. It is video from downtown Cincinnati this past Sunday morning at just after three am. And this is what it sounded like in the city of Cincinnati at that time. And Joe hit that cut cut number one. So that's not be Root, that's not some city in the Middle East. That's downtown Cincinnati at just after three o'clock in the morning this past Sunday morning. And uh mayoral candidate Corey Bowman, who posted that video, is joining me now. And Corey Bowman Thank you so much for being here. It is absolutely startling and and and I'm gonna tell you why. When I first saw you posted that video, I was looking at it on my cell phone. And so in the lower right hand corner is is the shot that comes from that that's race just north of Third Street, if I'm not mistaken. And I couldn't see it that well on my cell phone. But when I watched it earlier or before I came into the studio tonight, I had it on my computer and watched it full screen on my computer. Those aren't just gunshots being and that was a running gun battle that was taking place on the streets of downtown Cincinnati, just a couple of blocks from pay Corse Stadium.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, well Dan, thank you so much for having me. It's it's an honor and be on.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got set that video actually from a business owner in downtown. He's got cameras, and he basically said, we've got to get this out here because it's been four days later and I have I'm really not getting asked by local authorities to, you.
Speaker 4: Know, provide this video.
Speaker 6: And he had the video he let authorities know, you know, but that's just kind of the state of what's going on downtown. That was right off the third Street, like what you said, said the block away from Payport Stadium. I think it's actually notable to say that, you know, the Reds even though we didn't have a home game, many people were at the banks at the local restaurants watching the late night game of us playing the Dodgers just about probably two hours before that. So that's something that's happening in our city. And then I would, you know, send you the video. I literally just got it about fifteen twenty minutes ago, but two teenagers were just shot in OTR north of Liberty, and I got a similar video from another business owner that has videos, and you know, people are crying out and they basically saying something's got to happen right now, because this is a date. It's becoming almost a daily occurrence in our city.
Speaker 1: It really is a shame though, because it seems like crime is at least a dealing with crime. So my way of thinking, should be the number one issue that is concerning those it's city haul right now and when we have events like this. Chris Smithman posted on his social media a day or so ago a person who put a frightening narrative about a guy who was on Madison Avenue and an s u V for a full of teenagers rolled up next to his car, cut in front of him, jumped out and put a gun to his face, and only because he had the quick enough reaction to throw it in reverse, back out of there, do a like what we what we used to call a Rockford turn and get the hell out of there. You know, this guy thought for sure he was going to be shot and killed. I mean, I don't know if you saw that post, but that is absolutely frightening. And and these kind of things. It doesn't seem it does just doesn't seem like they want to deal with this. And I mean there's a lot of lip service. There's a lot of talk about how they're gonna, you know, do this, that and the other thing. But when you have a running gun battle in the streets of Cincinnati, no one gets arrested. I haven't heard of want arrest on this. I know on Short Vine a couple of nights ago, there was a person who was jumped by a gang and and and and this person on Short Vine had the me you know, had the they have the living crap beat out of them. And this is going on. I am told there are gangs of young teenagers who are running around the streets to Cincinnati, stealing cars, committing crimes, putting guns at people. And this shooting gun battle I think is probably just one of the latest episodes, you know, and then we've got I can scroll through your feed right here, and you know, some dude gets shot and over the rhine two people got shot earlier tonight. It is it just seems like it's completely out of control.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 6: And what we're talking about here is incompetence from the top down. We're calling this trick trickle down in top because what's happening even though we see the violence on the streets and there's a lot of emotions that are tied into this, and everybody wants to throw in politics, but really what we're having an issue with right now is the administrative failures from city hall. Because as long as we can remember, ever since the days of canaan Abel, there has been crime on the earth and there has been very simple ways that you have to combat this, and you have to be able to enforce laws. You have to have your police force be able to do their job, and then you have to have people to have these consequences when they are booked through the judges and the prosecution and the judicial area. And that's not what's happening in our city. And what's happening really is that people are getting so desensitized, people are getting so used to what's happening right now, the cops don't even see a point in making the arrest because they think that the people are just going to be on the street the next week. And then what happens too is that many people, because we have non pursuit laws in our city, they're openly taunting police officers by driving by a high speeds in their cars or in their ATVs or dirt bike, and the cops don't do anything about it. And this is coming from the top down. This isn't lazy cops, This isn't cops that don't care about our city.
Speaker 2: This is about.
Speaker 6: Mismanagement of our city and what we've seen over the course of the summer, what we've seen over the course of continuing on in the fall. This has to change from the top down. And that's actually why we're having this election in November. Is because people have a choice. If they're unhappy with the state of our city, they have to get out and vote. They got to be a part of these elections that are happening.
Speaker 1: So, Corey Bowman, I know you did an event I think it was this past Friday with Aviake Ramaswami. He was in town. He grew up in Cincinnati. He is taking very seriously as he is running for governor the crime situation in the city of Cincinnati. You, as mayor, if you were mayor of Cincinnati and the governor, whether it be Mike Dwine or Viake Ramaswami or god forbid Amy acted, if the governor came to you as mayor of Cincinnati and said, look, we're going to offer you some state resources to help you deal with the issues you have here. Are you going to say that's great, that's great, governor, But you know what, we only needed a couple of days and months to day. You know, we got things under control here. A couple of days a month and we're good to go. Is that going to be your policy if you become mayors.
Speaker 6: Based on the current state of our city. Absolutely, Now I would be taking in every bit of a package from the state that was offered what I told people, and people have been asking a lot because you're seeing from a federal government perspective, you're seeing National Guard going into major cities. This is last ditch effort. This is like last case scenarios that you see in these cities, because really what's happening is that the city halls of these cities and even the states are not doing their job to be able to make sure that the cities are safe. I'm under the understanding from what I've talked about with cops and what I've talked about with leaders, is that the city is able to take care of itself and the city is able to manage crime properly. As long as you have proper administration, as long as you have people that know what they're doing, they're going to allow the cops to do their job. But that's not what's happening right now. So a short term solution right now, I truly believe, is accept every bit of help from the state. That you can have a great relationship with the state first and foremost, and that's something that's not happening from city hall. We've become an island under ourselves in Cincinnati. But we've got to be able to work with the counting, We've got to be able to work with the state, and we've got to be able to work with the federal to be able to make sure that Cincinnati is the statist that it can be. And that's not what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: On another issue, Channel nine WCPO put out earlier this week a Iteam repor it about Iris Rowley, who is a consultant with the City of Cincinnati. And I guess, you know, I guess the city needs consultants, outside contractors and things like that. But this seems like a pretty sweet deal, a three year deal that pays her about five hundred and seventy thousand dollars through twenty twenty seven. She can apparently do whatever she damn well pleases. She can go out and pass out some literature out around Government Square, hire her son to do this, pay him fifty eight bucks an hour. I don't know about you, Corey Bowman, but I know a lot of people out there who would love to have a part time job that pays about eleven hundred dollars a week for about twelve weeks work. And you know, I guess it's pretty good if your Irish Roly's son that you can do this with no oversight and no direction from city Hall at all. And then we have the city manager who she's supposed to answer to. The I team says, we'd like to ask you some questions, and the city manager says, no, I don't think I'm going to talk to you. So, is is this the way to do business at city Hall? They have consultants like this and just let them run rough shot over everything that goes on at city Hall.
Speaker 4: No, we'll see.
Speaker 6: So the story that you're talking about right now, everybody wants focused on the name of IRUs Rollie, and then every other month you're hearing of another name, whether it be a council member that makes comments toward violence that's happening in our city, or whether it be certain things that you're seeing from the city manager.
Speaker 4: And here's what we.
Speaker 6: Have to realize is that when the mayor is elected, you have to basically appoint the CEO of the city, the administrative leader of the city, which is a city manager, and that's in charge of all the tasks that are going on. And so then that city manager not only is in charge of many different administrative tax in the city. But then also they are to a point a police chief and then the fire chief as well, and many of the boards and committees and all sorts of stuff that's going on here. But what's happened right now is that the same individuals, the same people, most likely over the course of twenty years, if you really look at it, have been pulling the strings administratively in the city Manager's office, in a lot of the halls of city Hall, and then even in the administration of CFD and cpds, and a lot of people that have the experience with the police force are planted by the city to be a chief of staff or the police chief or something like that. So there's many individuals that are contributing to the mismanagement of our city right now. And that's why our strong leadership needs.
Speaker 2: To be in.
Speaker 6: You're not voting in a mayor that is basically just going to be there for photo ops. We're going to look through every single thing. We're going to make sure that there is an extensive audit of how every dollar is being spent in our city. We're going to make sure that the proper people are in charge for city managers, City Managers Office, the fire department, and the police chief. And we got to make sure that our city is run by people that have the citizens the Cincinnati at the best interests of their hearts. And that's really not what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem like it. You know, I used to cover city Hall. I've seen my share of dirty tricks. I can look at this, this story that came out I believe it was yesterday or the day before that, the city announces that more than one hundred thousand residents of City of Cincinnati are going to have their medical debt relieved by some program that came out of that came out of City Hall. One point four or five million dollars two hundred and twenty million dollars in debt relieve for one hundred and nineteen thousand individuals. And this happens on, you know, about a week before early voting is supposed to start. So they get a letter in the mail. There's aftabs picture on it. Hey, I'm relieving your medical debt. What Merry Christmas. I mean, I don't know about you, but just to me, this is reeks of a of a political dirty trick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because a lot of people are going to what the other side is going to try to do is they're going to try to spin it into making it seem like we're not compassionate to those individuals that had their debts relieve But you got to realize this that the city put one point four five million dollars toward a company and then through that with you see medicals, they were able to relieve all that debt. A lot of this debt, well, actually, I'll say that the majority, it's not all of this debt was already written off either by medicaid or written off as debt that just wasn't going to get paid off, and so that was debt that Hey, it's basically like you're paying for the tip and you're taking credit for the entire bill. And that's essentially what the city's doing. Not to mention that one point four to five million dollars this tax taxpayer dollars that is being spent from the city budget. Now I would rather not focus on necessarily the individuals that are getting their debts cleared away, but the timing of everything. Why didn't this take place two years ago? Why didn't this take place even earlier in the year. Why is it exactly, why is it happening just a week before early voting starts, and why are these letters being sent out? And we're hearing a lot of other stuff as well. It's just part of the playbooks. But that's why it's so important the race that we're running, that this is, like you said earlier in your show, this is the very definition of a grassroots effort of people waking up realizing that we've got to get out and vote. We've got to be able to make the numbers work in our favor, and we got to put in leadership that are actually fighting for us. Because the vote for an elected official is not a blank check to do whatever you want. A vote for an elected official is a promise that you are always going to be able to hear our voice, that we voted for you to be in that office to do. And that's what I'm going to see it as, is that I told the FOP whenever they gave me the endorsement, and I've talked to many other people when an endorsement or a vote for me is a confidence I'm always going to listen to your voice, and I'm always going to act in the best interests of the people of the city.
Speaker 1: Well, Corey Bauman, you're doing God's work. I don't need to tell you that. I mean you're you're a pastor as well, and keep up the great work. When we've got about one minute here. When you go out and you're out and knocking on doors and you're going to events and you're meeting people, what's the number one thing that you hear from people in the city of Cincinnati. What's the number one thing that they want to talk to you about.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny, Dan, is that I talk to people, whether it be in the high income of certain parts of town or whether it be in the low income of where our coffee shop in our church is in the West End, and you think you get different answers, But there are three common things that everybody cares about in this city, and they don't feel like it's being done properly. No matter what side of the aisle that they're on, they care about Number one crime. You ask a single mom in the West End that's living in affordable housing, or you ask somebody that's living in a gated community on the East Side, they are going to tell you that the crime is out of control, and that's from their personal experience, not just from the perception of the news. Number Two, they care about the infrastructure. They care about these potholes and the cracks in our roads and the overwhelming disorganized maintenance of our city roads, and even the landscaping and the cleanliness of our city. And then number three, they care about where the money's going. If you're telling us that you have a one point nine billion dollar budget for the city that's proposed next year, where is the money going. Is it going into the pockets of nonprofits in goos and contractors, or is it going towards the city streets and going towards fighting crime and making our children safe. And those are the three issues that we're running on and we're going to make it better starting in January twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: All Right, well, Corey Bowman, I appreciate the time. I know you've you got to be unbelievably busy right now, but it's always great to hear from you. Keep up the great work and hopefully we'll talk a few more times before election day gets here. And keep the faith, brother, you're doing You're doing God's work and it looks the people who vote in this city. We can't keep going down this road. We need to do something different, and I think this is the guy to do it. But Corey Bowman, thanks again, have a great night. We'll talk to you again before too long.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you, Dan, talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Corey Bowman, Republican from Mayor. And I'm telling you, I don't live in the city. I don't vote in the city, but if I did, that's where it was good. That's where it would go. Kevin Gordon is going to join me next day after the news top of the hour. He is he does the American struck In Network program that runs after this show. And I found something that is just absolutely unbelievable as it relates to trucking and illegals in this country, and we're going to break that down after the news here at the top of the hour. So sticking around for that. Dan Carroll Thursday Night edition of the Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WLW seven WLW ten oh seven Dan Carroll till midnight tonight. It is the Thursday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. And I was getting ready for the show A couple of days ago and I saw this headline and it absolutely blew me away. And the headline is this no name given is a pretty common name on commercial drivers licenses CDL. You drive a big rig, you got to have a CDL license. And getting a CDL license requires some training, requires that you know the rules of the road. And now we have places like the state of California and the State of New York issuing driver's licenses to people who don't even give a name. And I thought to myself, how in the world can this even happen? So I reached out to my buddy, Kevin Gordon, the main man behind America's truck in networking, and Kevin Gordon, it's great to have you on the show tonight.
Speaker 8: How are you, Dan, Thank you for having me on. You know, this just shows that great minds think alike. You know, you two you were saying two weeks or two days ago, you were doing some show prep that came across this story. Well, I was doing some show prep over the weekend, not knowing what days we were going to be on this week. Yeah, and I came across a story by Sean Duffy talking about CDLs and how they're issued and whatever. So I was I'm talking about this later on tonight on America's Truck and Network. So you and I are on the same page here.
Speaker 1: I mean, did this blow you away?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: And look, we're not talking about We're not talking about fake driver's licenses. I read through the whole story and we're talking about driver's licenses issued by the State of New York and the state. The state of the state says, well, you know, in some countries people only have one name or they didn't want to give us their name, but we gave him the driver's license anyway, And I'm thinking of myself, well, wait a minute, this is America. Shouldn't we do things a little differently here in America? I mean Kevin Gordon, Look, I used to work overnight news with the truck and Bozone and me know Dale Summers, I mean he was the original overnight truck and trucking guy. Of some people want to claim differently, but I would beg the difference. But anyway, yes, I mean, you know, look, truckers are my people, and I used to listen to the issues that they talked about at that time with the truck and bozo. And one of the things they talked about was that they they were not considered professionals behind the wheel. You had all these imbeciles in Washington, d C. Cranking up regulation after regulation after regulation with absolutely no idea of what a professional truck driver goes through on a daily or a nightly basis, and so they were. You know, so many people in DC just have this idea that anyone can get behind a big rig, step on the gas, and away you go, and it's no big deal. And this makes an absolute mockery of the professionalism that so many, the vast majority of truck drivers try to exhibit every single day.
Speaker 8: Well, absolutely, and the fact that the state of California will issue these driver's license Now you mentioned the monnem names, Well I look that up and there are very few countries that use monoonymes, in other words, mononyms, which is just a single name for a person. Now, if you saw there was a Snopes article, which you can't believe because Snopes is a bunch of liars, but the fact checking on this said that these licenses were issued to people who had mononyms and then where the first name is supposed to be, that's where they put no name, so it's not a license issue. Okay, all right, it's not issued to somebody with no name, but it's listed to somebody who only has one name. And they there aren't many cultures that do that. They are trying to hide from something by doing that. Now, Sean Duffy when he laid down the wall last week, he laid down this emergency order on behalf of the dot saying that there needs to be a crackdown on these driver's license that are given to non residential people, non people that don't have green cards or people because what they were finding is that people were getting issued a driver's license a CDL in twenty twenty five when they're in their work papers or work visa expired in twenty twenty one. So part of having to have a driver's license or apply to that, you have to have a work permit allowed to be working in the United States. So they weren't even doing that step. And in this crackdown they were talking about that in California, there are sixty thousand truck drivers or CDL licenses that were issued for non domiciled people and of that search that they did, twenty five percent were not valid, were done illegally, or had something that would have flagged that they were the vision that So, just in the state of California alone, from what they looked at, fifteen thousand people are out on the road going cross country putting your life at risk, my life at risk, that are driving without having the necessary qualifications. And it's just incredible. You know, at the mass convention down there, to the Mid America Trucking Show. Over the last couple of years, that's been one of the driving forces. One of the big things that truckers talked to me about down there is the fact that the FMCSA Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, were not enforcing the English language proficiency portion of the license. And that is exactly what happened with that accident down in Florida where that hard gender sing tried to do that U turn and wound up killing three people because he didn't know how he couldn't read road signs, he couldn't speak English, So how in the hell.
Speaker 3: Did he get a driver's license?
Speaker 1: That's sanity, Yeah, great question, because he was given a test after that accident, and I think they asked him to identify what was twenty or twenty five different road signs and he could only identify what what was two or three? I mean that is there's no way that guy. And he's pleaed not guilty, by the way, but you know the yeah, he's pleaded not guilty. But the governor of Oklahoma, thank god, says he put this statement out. He said, if New York wants to hand out CDLs to illegal immigrants with no name given on them, the moment they cross into Oklahoma, they answer to our laws. Oklahoma Highway Patrol performed an enforcement action along I forty apprehended one hundred and twenty five illegals, one hundred and twenty five illegal immigrants. And that's on one enforcement action on one highway in Oklahoma. So thank god, there's at least one state out there that has taken this seriously. Kevin Gordon. But I think about say says, Look, I mean getting getting a cd L and driving that that is, if you ask me, that is a major accomplishment. That that is something that that is not to be looked looked upon lightly. This is a serious thing.
Speaker 8: But you saw how important, you saw how important the truckers were back during COVID died.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 8: If it didn't get on a truck, it wasn't on your shelf.
Speaker 2: And everybody's going, well, why.
Speaker 8: Isn't there stuff on the on the shelves. Well, all the trucks aren't rolling. Oh, you mean that this stuff doesn't magically appear all of a sudden. Truckers were heroes until the pandemic was over, and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: It was back there business as usual. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm looking, I mean, I'm looking at the you know, this one article that's got pictures of these different driver's licenses, and then these are legit licenses from California, from New York and it says right there, no name given, no name given. How can I mean think, if you're the person at the state agency and you have to produce this license, are are you going to give a license just as a matter of common sense? Are you going to give a license to someone who doesn't want to give you their name? How on God's earth can you do something like that? And so, I mean, I mean, you endanger every person on the road when you do something like that, And I mean, this cannot this cannot continue to happen.
Speaker 8: It can't and you know they have the requirements. Okay, you have to pass the written test, you have to pass the training requirement, so which means that you had to have some training ahead of time, either through a trade school or you know, maybe co opting through a trucking company that winds up training you. And then you have to do a skills test. Then you have to present that to a licensing bureau, give them that information. And if you are a non resident, you have to then produce to them that you have a work permit or that you're here in this country legally, and if that has expired or if you're issue, if it hasn't expired yet, you shouldn't be issuing them a license that if their work visa expires in three months, that you give them a license that's good for four years. That just makes common sense. And the fact that if somebody, you know, you look at their permits, you look at their paperwork, and I doubt seriously whether they had just a single name on there.
Speaker 6: I mean, even in.
Speaker 8: The Arab countries you have some of these guys by the name of so and so been such and such so. In other words, if in the bin refers to the father so if I was Arab, my name would be Kevin ben Jack because that was my dad's name. So everybody has a last name, or most people have a last name, and the fact that there are so many of these that don't that is highly suspicious.
Speaker 1: Well, why can't we have state agencies or agencies that issue driver's license Why can't we say, you know what, go back until you can give us a name, don't come here asking me if if it was my job, I would say I would, and this has never happened before. I would say, no, you can't give me a name, I can't give you a license. It doesn't it doesn't seem like that far of a stretch to me.
Speaker 8: And I don't know what you can't identify, If you can't identify yourself, if you can't prove that you are who you say you are, I don't think it makes sense to put them behind an eighty thousand pound vehicle rocket and send them down the road, you know, and then we have One of the things they've uncovered is that there was this SENS have charged six people in connection with a scam to fraudulently issue CDLs, So we don't know in some of these case is there some of these states, New York, California, if the issuing agency, if somebody in that organization wasn't bribed by these people or a group of people to get these licenses, because they can falsify the skills test, they can falsify the training requirement, they can counterfeit, uh, the documents for these various skill tests and issue that if they're paid off. So were these issues paid off? Were they? And there are some people, I mean, I guess if share went out wanted to get a CDL, maybe she could get by with having one name, or Madonna or somebody like that. But Liberachi, uh, you know, probably a CDL with one name because he's more known by that. But for the most part, everybody seems to have a last name. I mean every one of these people that I mean, I mean, what's.
Speaker 1: The was married to Sonny Bono. Her last name is Bona. I mean, but you go, I'm reading this piece about when Sean Duffy signed the executive order early this year, and Donald Trump's the one who put it out. And so here's here's what the here's a little bit of history on this. M FMCSA regulations provide that a driver unable to sufficiently read or speak English or understand highway traffic signs and signals is not qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle. However, in twenty sixteen, Kevin Gordon, the Obama administration directed inspectors not to place CMB drivers out of service for such violations. The failure toally enforced driver qualification standards pose a serious safety concerns and increases the likelihood of a crash. So Donald Trump knew about this, Sean Duffy knew about this, and thank god they took action to to reverse this Obama era policy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I got to question a little bit, I mean, just you know, to be fair here, that this was put in the final days of the Obama administration in twenty sixteen, So twenty seventeen, eighteen nineteen, during the first Trump term, somebody at the Department of Transportation or somebody of the FMCSA, unless they were holdovers from the Obama not the Secretary, but at least the administers of the FMCSA CMA Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Administration CMVSA, if they were holdover overs, maybe they weren't enforcing this, but the directive had already gone out, so a lot of these agencies probably weren't enforcing it because of that. And you know, you can't know everything, but the fact that this was still on the books and that they weren't somebody should have blown the whistle on this and gotten this fix a lot faster.
Speaker 1: As I recall it, twenty sixteen, Trump had a pretty full plate trying to try to tell the truth about the rush.
Speaker 4: The rush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that way, that's let's look up an affair amount of time in this country, Kevin Gordon, let me ask you about something else before I let you go. Uh, there's a there's a survey that is out today talking about trust and American media, and it finds that trust in media is at its lowest level in more than fifty years. So, Kevin Gordon, you and I have been around. You maybe do a little bit longer than me, but I can remember fifty years ago. That takes us back into the nineteen seventies, and I would I remember as a little kid. Uh, And I think this is where my love for news came from. Is I used to visit my grandparents and they had one of those giant TVs, you know, the giant console TVs and uh, and my my grandfather would watch Walter conkright on the on the news every night. And so I sat there watching Walter conkrite, and and you know what his approval reading was what probably in the ninety percent time.
Speaker 8: But we'll talk about him being most trusted.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Well, I.
Speaker 8: Was raised a very conservative woman and dad. But she would sit there and point out the adjectives that were used and read between the lines of stuff that wasn't being covered because she subscribed to that newspaper, Human Events, the Wanderer, and some of these conservative publications, and she say, what he's not saying here is this. Listen to this adjective how he described. That's where you started getting this stuff about so and so a conservative commentator. And then when you're talking about a liberal, it's just their name and they're a commentator, no description there. So even he I mean, most of the part, but yeah, there were some times when I could tell some of the stuff that would creep in that were a little bit bubble or two left of center. So but yeah, you're right, was very well respected and it's gone downhill since then. And what we've seen basically as a result of the Biden cover up with I'm sorry with the auto Pen cover up the President auto Pen that the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media have been basically spoon fed this news and handled handed this information by the administration and then they just regurgitated to the American public. And so the trust there, I mean, they are a propaganda arm and have been a propaganda arm of the DNC for decades now, and people are more and more finding about and that came, I mean as obvious by you know, we're seeing the cheat sheets that Biden had call on this reporter and then he has the question in front of him that the reporter is going to ask. I mean, that is collusion right there. You can't trust the media that does that. And then you've got the media that covered for Biden, I'm sorry for President auto Pen, and you know, so you know, they knew what was going on, and then all of a sudden Trump comes into office and all of a sudden people are going, gee, you know, we thought there was a little something off, but we just couldn't quite put our finger on it. So, yeah, you're right, the trust in the media is is way.
Speaker 1: Down there, all right, Kevin Gordon. We got a run. But are we going to hear ATN tonight after I'm done here at midnight tonight?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, we are back.
Speaker 1: Sure we are ATN is back and swaying after a couple of late night a couple of late nights with the Reds and the Bengals. And yeah, the Bengals too, I forgot about that. They did. They have a Monday night game this week. All right, Kevin Gordon, You're the best man. Always great having you all.
Speaker 8: Brother, Dan, thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 6: I certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We're going to do this more often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Whenever there's a big trucking issue, we're going to do it. We're going to do it because it's too much fun. Kevin, You're the best. We'll talk to you again soon, brother, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: There you go, Kevin Gordon from ATN ten twenty five on seven hundred WW All right, here we go, seven hundred WLW ten thirty seven. It is the Thursday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. I'm Dan Carroll, glad to be here, glad you are here as well, and always glad to welcome in this guy from the Conservative Caucus. My buddy, Jim Faff, have you gotten over the the the dismissal of the Reds from the from the first playoff appearance since nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 5: I think it was I am just I'm down. I'm down, and as I as I told you privately, I mean, this is such a talented, capable team just at the core.
Speaker 4: You know, we just got to get over the hump.
Speaker 5: And I mean we should be in at least in the you know, National League Championship Series every year right now, and it's not getting to the World Series.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's just it's a bummer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's always next year. Were Reds fans, you know, we kind of we pop up in the seventies, pop up in the early nineties, and then we have to wait again, you know how it goes.
Speaker 1: Well. Ager said something the other day. He said, he said, look, I'm not necessarily saying the Reds are going to win a championship this year, but he said, I hope it's the start of with regularity, this team getting into the postseason. And so I'm kind of hanging my hat on that. I think that's a good way to look at it.
Speaker 4: I still I think I agree with you.
Speaker 5: And whenever I am at a time like this, I always remember coming down from the red seats many years ago, standing at the looking down the third base line and watching Eric Davison a walk off Homer. That's the thing that I always remember.
Speaker 1: How about Eric the red Man. I mean, you bring back some you have some great memories, Jim, I swear to God. All right, So let's uh, let's talk about the issue at hand. Every time I listen to the news today, Top of the Hour, Bottom of the Hour, ABC, NBC, government shutdown, government shutdown, government shutdown? Does the government ever really shut down? I mean does it I mean there's you know, there's there's a few things that are closed, but I mean, really there's Does it really ever shut down? Is it possible?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it doesn't in one sense and not in another. So really, everything that really matters in government that actually needs to be done never shuts down, that never goes away. But the other side of it is you have federal employees that go on furlough and in almost every case, they're sitting at home just waiting for this to all be over, and they're still going to get the paycheck when they're not working. So you know, there are people who don't come into the office. There is are things to shut down, but it's all of the areas that we don't even need to be doing in government anyway. And uh, you know, because social Security checks go out, which you know, listen, I don't know how we get rid of Social Security, but it's an unconstitutional program. But those checks go out, Medicare payments and processing happens, Medicaid happens because it's happening at the state level mostly, so you know, it's it's it's just it's other than those things the military, the judicial system and various things they keep going on, and those are really about the only things.
Speaker 4: We need anyone.
Speaker 5: But it's really sad because the furlough thing, you know, these people.
Speaker 4: Sit at home and then get paid.
Speaker 5: I had to go in the office every day when I when I was on Capitol Hill, and I wasn't ostensibly getting paid, but then again I ended up getting paid, but I was working. The federal employees don't do that, So it's it's it's both sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would have you would have done it for free if you had to, because you just love.
Speaker 5: You love wonderful working in Congress.
Speaker 1: Not you love the work, but you know, I mean, you're really it's almost a necessity to understand what the you know, what the syntax is here that's being used when you talk about the way that the Democrats are trying to frame the issue, and I think the Republicans are making it pretty simple. You know, the big beautiful Bill Trump cut out the idea that anyone who's in the country illegally is going to get free health care benefits, and essentially the Democrats, through a trick of the language, are trying to reinstate that at the cost of about what one point five to two trillion dollars for what seven weeks or seven months or hover long? This continuing resolution is so the thing is, you know, Jim, I look back, and there was a time when Democrats were fully on board with the idea of illegals not getting healthcare, and chief among them, I want to play a sound by here and tell me if you recognize this voice from the past, well really not from the past, but a younger version of a voice that we hear these days. And Joe, let's hear cut number five as to illegal aliens.
Speaker 9: We agree with you that we do not think the comprehensive healthcare benefits should be extended to those who are undocumented workers and illegal aliens. We do not want to do anything to encourage more illegal immigration into this country. We know now that too many people come in for medical care as it is. We certainly don't want them having the same benefits that American citizens are entitled to have as to illegal aliens.
Speaker 5: Jim So Jim, who was that, Well, first of all, she didn't know how to use email at the time and figured it out how to do it illegally later obviously, Hillary Clinton, Well.
Speaker 1: I think what like nineteen ninety two or something like that, in early nineties, Yeah, what changed? What changed? Because that's that sounds like, you know, far right wing conspiracy policy to me. Right, you know, it is what the left would have you believe.
Speaker 5: Now, well, the difference is this, and it's just it's a mere political calculation.
Speaker 2: This is this is.
Speaker 4: How fungible anything that.
Speaker 5: Democrats say is so Back then in the nineties they're concerned about immigration, was that the immigrant illegal immigrants would take jobs away from union workers.
Speaker 4: So they were standing up for the unions. That's where the Union stood.
Speaker 5: Fast forward almost thirty years later, and suddenly all these illegals are potential voters for them, and many of them are voting. We know that it's happening. The other thing is they change the census calculations, which which Barack Obama instituted. That helps them to get more seats in Congress than they deserve, and we're trying to fix that right now. So it's nearly the grabbing for power. That's all that it is.
Speaker 4: With these Democrats.
Speaker 5: Democrats are about hour and authority. They're not about the American ideal, which is why I'm saying all the time right now that the Democrat Party is not an American party.
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 5: Every bit of our problems in this country has its origin in Democrat politics and on the margins sometimes the weakness of Republicans not going back against it. But that calculus is changing in this Trump administration because you have new leaders in each of the houses, new Republican leaders in each of the houses who are acting differently than the Paul Ryans and the John Bahinners and the Mitch McConnell's of the world. And they're being led by Donald Trump, which is really the real force behind this where finally we're out of place where we take a strong stand and people aren't going to back down or not likely to. So it's kind of a new day on Capitol Hill, much different than what I experienced when I was working.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, but it's amazing to me how many mainstream Democrats are getting on board with Zorhan Mandani. Or in New York City, he was on the View a day or so ago and Joy Behar asked him if he was a communist, and he said, oh, I'm not a communist. I'm a Democrat socialist because because he said, you know, you know, we believe in dignity for every human being. Jim, can you explain to me how living under a socialist system promotes human dignity? Where where you know, under the ideas of Mandami, if you if you're able to earn a decent living, then his socialist government wants to come and take more than half of what you earn. And then the you know, there the there's another whole class of people to which will be dependent upon the government. Where's the human dignity in any of that that Mondnad likes to talk about.
Speaker 5: Well, they can make it seem like, or at least up to this point, have been able to make it seem like it's human dignity because of this idea of equity, where you equalize outcomes, which is a message it's easy to throw out there in a world where things are not perfect, someone or some group of people have lost their jobs, or they're having some temporary financial setbacks that might be caused by something in the economy. Of course, government destroys the economy through the Federal Reserve and inflation, and so that helps enhance the message. That's why Democrats do like the Federal Reserve.
Speaker 4: And the way it acts. But what it really is, it's a.
Speaker 5: Utopian ideal that there is somehow a way, if we just get enough power.
Speaker 4: In government and central things in government.
Speaker 5: Enough that that's going to end up allowing all of us to live wonderfully. The reality is that's never worked. Every utopian idealistic idea related to government of any form throughout world history has always failed miserably. Every time that someone else says that they're going to come in and order society for us in a certain way, it never works. I mean, it's happened everywhere. What has been unique about the American experiment is from our founding, the idea was, no, you cannot have a utopian lifestyle. Yes, there are going to be ups and downs in life, but you get to the side how you're going to react to that. You get the power to do that by yourselves, and therefore you can secure how your life runs so that you can get all the benefits of the good decisions you make, and the fear of God can be in you for making bad decisions, because you're going to reap the benefits or the disbenefits of your bad decisions. I mean this idea of popular sovereignty, the idea that the people are the kings of the country, which is stated clearly in the beginning of our constitution.
Speaker 4: We the people in order to form a more perfect union.
Speaker 5: That ideal works and when you allow it to happen, it works best. And we are on the back end of a one hundred year experiment of progressivism, which is just the beginning ideas of socialism and communism that democrats have since Wodrow Wilson have been eking into our system through FBR and LBJ and Obama, and all those negative things are coming to roost right now, which is why Donald Trump was able to get elected, and it's why, frankly, even through all the missmash of what's happening in Washington, d C. His poll numbers are still up because he's got the right ideal, and I think we have a chance that the American people are starting to see, Yeah, we got to take a different direction because these Democrats don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you picked up your copy of the Kamala Harris book yet one hundred and seven days?
Speaker 10: No, but I am, But I am actually really enjoying the stand up comedy and freak show of all of her interviews and the reminder I'm glad for the reminder that everyone's getting.
Speaker 5: About how we really dodged a bullet last November.
Speaker 1: I think I think when when I look at her and I see her on this book tour that she's doing and the interviews that she's doing, I think she thinks that she's really forging a foundation for another presidential run. I really think she has put that thought in her mind and she's and she's living on that. Are you seeing the same thing I'm saying.
Speaker 5: No, I agree with your assessment and what's interesting is it just re emphasizes how much of a bubble this woman has lived in. You know, it's kind of funny. I really wonder how she got a law degree. She has had to be a dei thing on her part because she's not very smart. She doesn't even show like like your standard lawyer, even if they're evil, know how to utilize language and twists of logic or ill logic to try to, you know, impress people enough to do what they want to happen, and you know they can hit it from time to time. She doesn't even have that skill. So she's lived in this bubble. But it's what's even more important is that she has is continuing the I don't know, the the absurd freaking uh incompetent responses to every question that she gets. The excerpts of the books that I've seen fall really show that she has no clue.
Speaker 4: What happened last year.
Speaker 5: She just really has no idea at all. And although I think in her course, she knows.
Speaker 3: That she failed this thing and has.
Speaker 5: Some degree of embarrassment about having had two billion dollars and and I don't know, more than twice the amount of money that Donald Trump hadn't still.
Speaker 1: Lost wasted a billion dollars, and she was, you know, I read one excerpt from her book where she talks about how I guess it was the night of the debate, or before the debate. Her people booked her for a podcast with this doctor, and so she had to go on this Heaven forbid, she had to go on a podcast unprepared, didn't get her briefing before she went onto the platform. Jim, how how much of a briefing do you have before you come on on my show on seven hundred WLW. Do you have a whole team of people write down, you know, a possible question, you know, Dan might ask you about this. You got to prepared to talk about that, And so she writes, she writes in the book, the doctor comes on and says, Hey, we're going to talk with the Vice President of the United States today, and I'm going to ask her about healthcare, and I'm going to ask her about women's issues, which means abortion. Uh, you know, she and it was it was five or six boilerplate things. She had been vice president of the United States for four years at that point, and she and she was freaking out because she couldn't handle these these simple questions. And this was a friendly interview. And and then and she and she goes on to talk about how difficult it is because these people that and she gave this, she read them the riot that boy, I mean, she let them, you know, these people that are working for her. I don't know if she if she reads that and thinks that makes her look good, it makes her look like an imbecile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 5: Listen, both and speaking both of you, like both you and I, we can we can speak off the cuff and be ready to go on something quickly because we're like, these.
Speaker 4: Things are running through her mind. I mean, the most we have to.
Speaker 5: Do on our own is just verify some facts, double check what's really going on. I mean, it doesn't take a lot of time at all. If you're not capable of doing that. Now, one advantage that both you and I have. You know, I spent four years doing a daily radio show in Denver, so you know there's something to that that that might bring something there. But that's what politicians have. If you're doing politics, then you're having to be able to speak quickly on subjects that you should at least have some knowledge about this just kind of re emphasizes to me what I've said quite a bit I probably said on your show from time to time, is that it scares me the people that we elect to Congress. I mean, she's not the only one.
Speaker 4: I've been around.
Speaker 5: These people, and I'm telling you, well, more than half of them scare me to death. There's about forty percent on either.
Speaker 2: Side of the aisle who.
Speaker 5: I think have competence and skill to at least address issues and think through what's going on. Even if they make the wrong decision, they thought through it and spent some time on it. The rest of them are just showing up, and they like the prestige of being able to wear that button on their lapel so that they can get around all of the metal detectors really easily on Capitol Hill. And I've seen the city a time at the time, you know, they love the prestige. And you know, I worked for Thomas Matthew. Thomas always called that button my preshest you know, speaking.
Speaker 4: Of Gullam and Lord the Rings.
Speaker 5: You know, once you put that on, it suddenly immorphs you into something else. And she but she's even worse than that, and it's really scary when you think that she might have become president.
Speaker 1: Man, we dodged literally dodged a dodged a bullet there. Jim Fath as always, buddy, great having you on. Conservative Caucus is the website. Keep up the great work and we'll be talking again before too long. But as always, Man, thanks, I really appreciate it. Thanks, thanks for being here.
Speaker 4: Thanks Dan, look forward to talking to you soon.
Speaker 1: All right, Jim Faff the Conservative Caucus. Always great to have him. We got to get to a break news coming up top of the hour, and then phone lines will be open. Five three, seven, the Big One as we roll on till midnight tonight on seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW. It's eleven o six. We go to midnight tonight on the Thursday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. One of the things Jim for being here. That guy is great and Kevin Goon and Gordon from the ATN talked about it. I mean, just just think about that. You go in to get a commercial driver's license, gonna drive a big rig. And let's say that you're the person who is working there. It's your job to distribute these licenses. You got to see some paperwork. Don't you got to put a name on the license. What is your name?
Speaker 8: Sir?
Speaker 1: I can't give you my name. Are you gonna go ahead and give that person a license to drive a big rig? Who does that? Okay? No, no, no name. I'll just put no name given. We have no idea who this guy is, but by god, he can go out there and earn a living driving his eighteen wheeler. If you have no name given on a driver's license, who does the company make out their paychecks to you? Drive a truck? I know, I know a lot of guys in the trucking business who have made a lot of money. I got a buddy who's in town right now, drives a drives a big ring, delivers attractors and farm equipment, machinery and stuff like that. If you if you can't give a name for your driver's license, who do they Who do they make the checkout? I mean, do you walk into a bank with your paycheck? And I guess most of it's dirrect deposit these days, so.
Speaker 2: They just.
Speaker 1: Put it to a send it to a routing number and a bank account, I guess. But if you actually and I know that there's some there's some people who still get regular paychecks. Take them to the bank. And if you're at the bank and the you know, it says pay to the order of no name given. How do you?
Speaker 2: How do you?
Speaker 1: How do you process that? I don't know? Five, one, three, seven, nine, the big one. Uh, let's see, Joe, let's get cut number cut, number eight, ready to go. Earlier this week, I was on the air when this happened, and you had Pete hag Seth and Donald Trump. They uh, you know, it's big. There was big mystery there for a couple of days because they called all the top commanders, all the top military billets to show up at Quantico and we're gonna have a little talking to And everyone was like, oh my god. You know, Trump's gonna consolidate his power. Is gonna make sure they pledge allegiance to him. If not, they're going to get fired. All this crazy stuff's going and so what do they do. They put it on TV. Pete hegg Set's speech was on TV. The Trumpster was on TV talked for I don't know about an hour and a half. I had it on the studio here. I was on the air at that time, so I could I couldn't listen to what was being said. But afterwards I saw all these folks on the left very upset with Pete Heg Seth because he said something about fitness. He said something about military people being in shape, and maybe you're like me, and you didn't get to hear it. And so I found the SoundBite of what he said that got so many people upset. And if you listen to this now, you tell me what's what's so bad about this? What is so upsetting that this is what Pete Hegg said. I said to the top members of the military. And with that, Joe, let's hear cut number eight. Please with physical fitness and appearance.
Speaker 11: If the Secretary of War can do regular hard pt, so can every member of our joint force.
Speaker 1: Frankly, it's tiring.
Speaker 11: To look out at combat formations or really any formation and see fat troops. Likewise, it's completely unacceptable to see.
Speaker 1: Fat generals and admirals in the halls.
Speaker 11: Of the Pentagon and leading commands around the country in the world.
Speaker 1: It's a bad look. It is bad and it's not who we are.
Speaker 11: So whether you're an airborne ranger or a chairborne ranger, a brand new private.
Speaker 1: Or a four star general.
Speaker 11: You need to meet the height and weight standards and pass the PT test.
Speaker 2: And as the Chairman said, yes there is no PT test.
Speaker 11: But today, at my direction, every member of the Joint Force at every rank is required to take a PT test twice a year, as well as me height and weight requirements twice a year every year of service. Also today, at my direction, every warrior across our Joint Force is required to do PT.
Speaker 1: Every duty day. Should be common sense. I mean most units do that already. So there you go. There is the Secretary of Defense, or they don't call it the Defense Department anymore. They call it the Department of War, the War Department, telling these top military leaders, you know, let's be in shape. I don't want to look out there and see a bunch of fat slobs wearing the uniform of the United States of America. Those are my words, not his, But at least that's my takeaway from what he said. And there's all kinds of video out there. We've seen hegseeth doing those early morning workouts. They'll do it with the Marines, do it with the Rangers. They'll do the workouts with anyone. Now, maybe he doesn't live up to the same physical standards that he used to when he was active duty. But the guy is pretty fit, in pretty good shape. So what about that speech makes you upset? I'm listening to it and somehow the according to those on the left, this is anti woman, anti LGBTQ, anti this anti that. Now things are changing in the military recruitment. Recruitment numbers are way up. There's a spread of corps now that we didn't have not that long ago. So they're doing good things and being physically fit and wearing the uniform of the Army, of the Air Force, the Navy, Marines Guard. Those are two things my way of thinking that going. If you're going to be a warrior for this country, can't hurt you to get a little exercise. Mark, you's smelling what I'm cooking? Mark and Monroe, Wisconsin.
Speaker 7: I think I am all right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, did you did you what? What did you hear in that that segment of speech by Pete Hegseth. That's worthy of condemnation.
Speaker 7: Well, unless you have something drastically against integrity and professionalism, I can't think of I can't think of anything.
Speaker 1: Very well, said sir very, I can't say it any better than that. That is fantastic.
Speaker 7: Now, the one thing I would say, kind of across the board with the US, and I'm not necessarily this isn't necessarily the physical aspect of it, but again it's the integrity and professionalism. My concern is if we can't go across the board, let's say, like with the FBI, if we can't get that up to snuff from integrity and professionalism, and we can't get the DOJ up the snuff and integrity of in professionalism, we could have the greatest you know, Department of War or defense from foreign enemies, but if we can't clean up clean house with our domestic enemies, which I think are so infiltrated, and like I said, with the DOJ and the FBI. And that's not a knock on cash Pattel, and you know, we do have some good personnel out there, don't get me wrong. I'm just afraid that over the course of time, you know, And I'll go back to paracusaying Obama that I think he was a huge uh responsible for the infiltration that took place with the US with his transfer transformation of the US and his affiliation with the Muslim Brotherhood. And you know, I don't know how much how many Islamist and potential shariass out there that we that we have integrated into our US government.
Speaker 1: No, No, I I agree, Mark, and I look, the deep state, the deep state is is deeper than anyone thought. You know, so much of this is ingrained in the different agencies than we have. I like to think that because there's a culture of following orders within the military, that that maybe the military it would be easier to whip into shape than something like the FBI or the Department of Justice or the different intelligence agencies that we have, because I think that's where the real heartbeat of the deep state lies is in those particular agencies. I mean, they're so vast, and I mean, you know, there's more than over there's more than three million people and depending on how you count it, as many as five million people or more working for the federal government. I saw this thing today where you know, they're talking about all these thousands of layoffs that are going to happen, and already one hundred and fifty thousand people have left the federal government under the Trump administration, and one hundred and fifty thousand sounds like a lot, but when you're talking about you know, anywhere between three and five million people, one hundred and fifty thousand, that's not that much. So I mean, you know, these agencies, it is just so vast and so cumbersome, and so much of this stuff is so deeply ingrained. And I spent a lot of time this past week after the James Comey got indicted, and you know, this is a guy that couldn't separate his job that he is supposed to do on behalf of the people of the United States and doing the best for the president of the United States. He couldn't separate his politics from that. So he single handedly allowed the FBI to get to my way of thinking, they get dragged into the political sphere and really just ruin any confidence that the American people had in that agency.
Speaker 7: I agree with you, Dan. Another thing. I would go with this thing just to spin off the government shutdown. I would reinvent a form of DOGE, and I think it's a perfect opportunity to clean house and to see how many of these un American I would just assume call him traders and get them out of our system. I mean, yeah, you know, Chuck Schumer should be in office in the first places, especially after he had threatened two Supreme Court judges. And you know, it's guys like him that are totally wrecking America, plain and simple. I mean, I could I could list probably the whole Democratic you know entourage there, you know, with anywhere from Hillary Clinton and Pocahontas and Corey Booker, and you know, I could go down the whole list. I think they're all substantial socialistic, borderline communists that are destroying the country.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know, Elizabeth Warren is on record supporting zorhan Loandami, You've got Nadler, You've got all these other mainstream Democrats. Kathy Hochele is supporting him. She's the governor of New York. So they're talking about how this guy is the future of the Democrat Party and and he says, you know, you look, he says he's a socialist. And Mark, my.
Speaker 7: Question would be, if they obliged to h honor the Constitution, why wouldn't they be considered traders by by other you know again.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, look, I think that's a good point, and I think in a lot of these cases that that needs to be talked about in a meaningful way, that we start that we start looking at that.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: But I but think about it, though, if if if Pan, Bondi or Trump, you know, one started talking about you know, we're going to look at the treasonous activities of some of these individuals, look at the look at the Can you imagine the conniption that that the left and the media would have about that?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I can see the bull back from the whole thing. By On the other hand, if you don't take that course, what's they going to leave you with?
Speaker 1: Mark? I appreciate the phone call tonight. Okay, thank you, all right, there you go, Mark, And he was was he Joe? Was he really in Wisconsin? It's pretty cool? All right, well, he said he was. So I don't have any reason not to believe five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. I touched on this earlier that the media trust in the media is at its lowest level more than fifty years. The development comes as Donald Trump has for almost a decade raged against fake news. Legacy at legacy outlets. New media has arisen to combat the left leaning bias of mainstream platforms u This is a Gallup survey. Twenty eight percent say they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in media to report the news accurately and fairly. Thirty six percent said they had not very much uh faith in the media, and thirty four percent say they have no trust in the media at all. Thirty four percent, that's more than a third of this country has no trust in the media whatsoever. And that is it has been well earned by those in those various positions. Yeah, here's the number. More than one hundred and fifty bureaucrats have exited the federal payroll this week. These are the bureaucrats who accepted President Trump's buyout. They'll be removed from the federal payroll. This week represents the largest one year exodus of federal workers in eighty years. Eighty years since as many people have left the federal government. I don't know how big the federal government was eighty years ago, but if they could afford to shed one hundred and fifty four thousand workers eighty years ago, it was way too big back then. If he asked me, and then my buddy David Strom over at hot Air writes about what's going on in Malibu, not LA and I texted him when I saw this piece that he wrote, and I said, I had this headline five or six months ago, but then it struck me it was about Los Angeles. Malibu is not Los Angeles, but Malibu had the devastating wildfires as well. Seven hundred and twenty structures in Malibu were lost during those wildfires, and so far they've had two building permits issued for people who want to rebuild. Absolutely unbelievable. The slow pace of reconstruction after January's fired disaster has touched off a political tempest in Malibu, prompting the residignation of the city's volunteer rebuilding ambassador after his suggestion and along with some other rebuilding activists that may Or Mary Ann Riggins considered gracefully stepping down. The controversy continues to boil a conflict that's been simmering for months over what Malibu residents say are overly onerous rebuilding requirements. Seven hundred and twenty structures in the city burned down in January, but just sixty nine have received initial plan approval and only two have obtained permits to allow them to begin construction. I mean, think about that. Two permits in nearly ten months is absolutely horrible. And there's you know, there's a lot of people in Malibu who have the means to rebuild, and I don't thinket my buddy Michael Monk. Michael Monk's back on the show and see if he's been following what's been happening in Malibu and all we got some more audio to get to. One is really good of a great example. You know, we talked about how trust and media is at a fifty year low, and I've got a great example of how CNN does what they can to to earn that rating, to earn the distrust of the American people. So we'll get to that one. And man, I'm just scrolling through my stuff. We've got a ton of other stuff here too as well. It just goes so fast, but that's why I love being here. Uh five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven hundred. The big one if you want to get on board between now and midnight, and we will see what happens between now and then. But a lot more stuff I want to get to, so hope you can hang around till then. It is Dan Carroll in the Midweek Crisis Thursday Night edition on seven hundred WLW. Got got the Big One, seven hundred w l W eleven thirty seven. We go to midnight tonight five one three, seven hundred the Big One. Phillip from Colrain is on on hold and get to him in just a second. And if you want to get on board and pick up the phone. And those are the numbers to call. Uh Zohan man Don he was on I mean, he's been doing a lot of TV lately. He was on MSNBC the other day and he was talking about the one of the things he's running on for New York. Free buses for everyone. Right, you get, you get, You got to go somewhere to get on the bus. Doesn't cost you eight dime, doesn't cost a dime. Well, in this country, in any kind of and any it is. It's not just this country, it's anywhere there is no free lunch. Someone's got to pay for that stuff. And the word is out that the free buses in New York going to cost about seven hundred million dollars, seven hundred million dollars for the city of New York. How do I know that? Well, the guy said it himself, here is mondani On on MSNBC talking about buses and Joe, let's go with cut number six.
Speaker 12: Please, really, people who ask me questions about is it possible to make buses fasten free? I say the costs would be about six seven hundred million dollars, which is less than Andrew Komo gave to Elon Musk one year in tax breaks at nine hundred and fifty nine million. Showing people the context that we're in and building a coalition where they may not see themselves in me perhaps, but they may see themselves in the best in the brightest that I'll hire to surround me and city hope you.
Speaker 1: Have the best in the brightest. He's going to hire the best in the brightest and it's only going to cost six to seven hundred million dollars. And you're going to talk about a a what do you say nine hundred million dollar tax break for Elon Musk? Anyone believed that? I don't think so? And well let's go to we'll see what Phillips got on his mind. Phillip seven WW.
Speaker 13: Hello Darren, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, do you.
Speaker 13: Remember this past January second presidential inauguration speech? When none of the Democrats were wanting to stand up and clap for anything that Donald Trump was saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, they hated they were hating life that night.
Speaker 13: I'm wondering about all the military people that was sitting in the two front rows. None of them should up either. Were they all hand picked by Democrats?
Speaker 1: I think. I think when you look at the when I watched the State of the Union speech, is you got the Supreme Court justices down there. They tried to at least outwardly show their impartiality by not standing and not applauding for certain things. I think members in the military try to maintain that air of you know, non be you know, being non political, which I think is probably a good thing when you get to that level though of you know, whatever branch of service you're in, then there's obviously their own brand of politics that goes along with that. But no, I think that's just more for show than anything else. That they're not going to at least overtly applaud the president when he talks about different policy and issues.
Speaker 13: So they were just trying to remain neutral. You were talking up to that, Okay, thank you, because I was very confused about that, and you know, I heard a lot of rhetoric about nobody else.
Speaker 14: Well, I guess what struck me is that.
Speaker 13: And previous speeches they would stand up for some things, you know, but this was the first time that none of the people in military sit up for anything, even when those awards were given, you know, so I just even the most fuss point, you know.
Speaker 14: They you would have thought that somebody from the army would have sit up for that. But that just struck me as very odd, and I was wanting to get your take on that.
Speaker 1: All right, Philip, I appreciate the phone call tonight, thank you very much. Let me give you this is probably one of the best examples I've seen in a while of how the the main street well I guess not well the cable media anyway, in this case CNN, and what they did was Mike Johnson was on earlier this week, he was having a live news availability, and so CNN decided that, you know what this was just wasn't good enough anymore. And this is what it sounded like. And with that, Joe, let's hear a cut number two, if we could police.
Speaker 15: The working families tax cut included a huge provision a big chunk of that bill was the health provisions. Now, why are we saying that they want to return and restore taxpayer funded benefits to legal aliens, because that's exactly what they did when they rejected the clean cr that we sent over the Senate, filed the Senate.
Speaker 16: Here to Speaker Johnson, he's trying to frame the shutdown as a Democratic shutdown. He also also claimed that Democrats want to give healthcare scent healthcare to illegal immigrants.
Speaker 12: That is not true.
Speaker 16: Illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal health care program.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Their CNN not only cutting off Mike Johnson but running interference for Democrats, and the White House put out a memo of exactly how the Democrats are trying to do this, buried inside the continuing Resolution as a demand to repeal press and in Trump's historic American First healthcare reforms, the safeguards that protect US citizens from putting the bill for illegal alien medical care. So the that's the term is illegal alien. And so what what the Democrats are saying is that, well, if you're an illegal alien, you don't get health care. And so what they're trying to do is classify the people who are in the country illegally as parolees. That if you if you came in and you had contact with the system under the Biden administration, you're ted, you're I guess you know, you're just designated a parole ee. You're still in the country illegally. But because the Democrats want to put a different name on it, they're saying, no, you're you're you know, you're illegal, You're never you're a parole You're not illegal. So you get health care. Let's see, it's it's all it's all semantics. So they put out their their memo, and the memo in it talks about they want to spend one hundred and ninety make that ninety one point four billion restoring Obamacare funding for non citizens, thirty four point six billion to reopen California's Medicaid plan, emergency care reimbursement for illegals, twenty eight point two billion, Obamacare special rules subsidies for non non citizens, twenty seven billion, six billion for Medicaid for non citizens, five billion for Medicare for non citizens. So they put it all out there, but CNN is like, oh, well, they made it. That's the speaker Johnson. He made a false claim Ray in Cincinnati. You're up next on seven hundred. W w.
Speaker 2: Hey, there was two items. The one was when you were talking about the military in terms of how the top brass just kind of sat there stoic. Yeah, well, in the in the Navy, I mean your air force. In the Navy, you're on an enclosed boat. The wardroom is your lunch room. So you're still on an enclosed boat. What would get you in trouble in terms of conversation is two items. And there would be a senior enlisted that would nail you because you also had the officers quarters or you know, lunch room. But if you started talking about women or politics, your ass was reprimanded in a hurry.
Speaker 1: That was that was that was round upon Huh, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think about it. You start getting in the fights and you're in an enclosing environments like just shut up, go away. Though that was maybe one of the reasons why that comment is actually accurate, But that would be a reason why now they might still hate Trump though I could very well have been true. But the other part, that's funny when you're talking about this Mundabi because he's not a communist. Well, the Soviets said the same thing as Soviet Socialist Republic. They didn't, they didn't say that they were communists, right, yeah, okay, Well there was a girl that was in graduate school with me at UC and she's a lot younger, and Inga came from Saint Petersburg and her dad was a Russian admiral, Soviet admiral back then. And I asked her, I said, Inga, what was it like when the wall fell down? She was only eight or nine. She's a real pretty woman, real big brown eyes and straight round face, real pretty. And Inga looked up at me and she says, we were very, very hungry. Her eye got her right, her irish got bigger than her eye lids. I mean, she she just opened. She was it was a very very bad time to all of a sudden go to capitalists from socialists. And she was coming from class staff too, so she got to get to the better grocery stores.
Speaker 1: Sure you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So no, that's where my mommy, it's called. We all equally make the same crap, except for the important people.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, look, he if he if he loves socialism so much, he's got his family's got all kinds of money. He can go live in a socialist country if he wants, but no, he wants to be in charge. See, he doesn't want to live under socialism. He wants to be in charge of the socialist socialists. Yeah, those folks, those folks do pretty well for themselves.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about the Russians in terms of what they're they're hiring in Cubans. They're paying these Cubans something like two thousand a month when a Cuban makes only like twenty bucks a month, because they're desperate to get him over into Ukraine.
Speaker 1: To fight in the war. Yeah, it's uh no conscript concerpts.
Speaker 4: It's got.
Speaker 2: He just did a call up for either a hundred or one hundred and twenty thousand in the Soviet Union, and he said that if you enlist, you were getting something like a fifty or one hundred thousand dollars bonus. He was that desperate. And at the same time, their inflation rate in the Soviet Union or well Russia right now is there's every bit of twenty percent.
Speaker 1: I read that that they're the Russia is losing like a thousand guys a week. Yeah, think about that.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why, there's the reason why they can't anybody paying them a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It might it might be higher than that. Ray, I got a run. I appreciate the call out of here. All right, thank you. Right, let's go to Lisa, and Lisa's been on hold for a little bit. Lisa seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: I had two things too with the no name given license. You know, my sister had to fight the problem of license d MD for years trying to get an e off of her name that they accidentally put on in two eighteen. You know, of course certificate everything. They didn't care. They you know, hoops that she had to jump through.
Speaker 1: I mean, dealing with those people.
Speaker 17: Well there, and they're trying to say, oh, he just has one name probably, but I don't see that name on that ID. But okay, temporary protective status. People don't realize that everyone that's here under that can get the work authorization, can get licenses, can get Social Security cards, you know, and a lot of people don't understand that. But my main point was the Democrat Party now like they've basically been taken over, you know, by the Democrat socialists. You know, they think it's there to put Democrats put the name, but the socialists and you know.
Speaker 4: There's groups out there.
Speaker 17: How like AOC got in there. She was recruited, you know, her her brother nominated her. And she looked good, she talked good, and they can put the words in their mouth. You know, did her through the first couple of years. That's why any deep questions. You know, she didn't have impestis she only knew like the talking point for years. But they literally are just recruiting people and putting them in Congress. And they said, I don't know how that's allowed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I read that her her net worth now is in excess of thirty million dollars. And then think about that she was she was a bartender before she came to the Congress and now she's a multi millionaire. How does that work?
Speaker 17: And they can see it. But things like that are allowed to go on.
Speaker 1: Lisa, thank you so much for picking up the phone tonight. I really appreciate it. Good night YouTube. There you go, Lisa, and I believe she was in Butler County executives braced him for a free fall in the electric vehicle sale following the disappearance of the seven thousand five hundred dollars tax break for buyers of electric vehicles. That tax subsidy ended yesterday. Jim Farley, CEO of a Ford, said it's a game changer. He was in Detroit just hours before the subsidy expired. He said he would not be surprised if electric car sales dropped five to five percent of US of total US vehicle sales next month. That would be about half the level from August, a monthly record as consumers hurried to take advantage of the credit and among the lowest level in several years. The EV market is going to collapse in October, said the chairman of Nissan American Japan's Nissan is still rolling out redesigned versions of the Nissan Leaf, the small EV. Let's see what. Congress approved a seven five hundred dollars tax credit credit in two thousand and eight for buyers of electric cars and plug in hybrids. The Inflation Reduction Act extended the credit while limiting eligibility to evs built in the US. See this is all. This is all government manipulation reaching into the sales of automobiles. Yeah, you buy, you buy the right kind of Carboy, you're gonna get you gonna get a big fat tax credit seventy five hundred bucks. And I think that's one of the things that Trump and Elon Elon Musk saw differently, and it may be one of the uh, one of the more unpleasant things that they have between them. Oh that reminds me. Elon Musk is not happy with Netflix. Elon Musk has been putting out some stuff about Netflix, telling people do not let your kids watch Netflix. Apparently they've got all these different shows, and I guess we watch I'm trying to think. I don't normally if I'm looking to watch a movie or I want to see something on TV, and Netflix is kind of I've scrolled through the you know, some of the stuff they have, and it just doesn't seem like there's really all that much there, at least that I want to see. But they've got all these shows targeting kids and daygone it. I had that article up here and I can't find it now. But apparently I'll talk about the next time on the air. But Elon Musk is apparently blowing the whistle on this. And if you're like me and you've got grandchildren, you got to look at what they're watching. Because Netflix has all these shows that are geared towards kids, and they're pushing the LGBT and the transagenda and all this other stuff. So yeah, I mean, they're exposing these kids to some of just some of the worst stuff possible. They've lost more than fifteen billion since Musk put this out, so he is not a big fan of Netflix. So you got kids and Netflix, stay away from it. Dagone and I forgot to talk about that. I waited too long, but my time is gone. So Joe Waddell, thank you for everything, Thank you for listening, and how about those Reds. We will see you next time on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW